Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 17 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:50 pm

[Nicole]

"Yes as in the capitol of England, our Tradition have a large ancestral Chantry there founded by Queen Victoria itself, it serves as a docking station if the Victoria Station would ever need repairs, it is at the forefront of Science two members of this Chantry is ill."
Hadermann replied.
"For now that is being discussed I am heading into a Deacon Council meeting to discuss this issue in about five minutes Scientist Bouchard, I will have a answer for you after that meeting."
The other Etherite said.
"I will let you know. Are you healthy by the way?"

(OOC: I could have gone to my room, but it is fine to sit there and watch something and be social though it do take allot of energy. And I do not always know what to say.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 17 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 pm

[Phone Call]

Anja's Post:

'I'm fine, sir. Just feeling a little bit on my lonesome here. Is there a plan yet, or is that for the meeting too?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:49 pm

[Nicole]

"The plan so far is to get some tests run on the victims to see if we can figure out the vibrational frequency of the pathogen, and also send someone to the Umbral port to see if we can discreetly figure out if the Technocracy are having the same problem."
Hadermann said.
"Any other plans depend on the meeting and also what the first two courses of action will uncover."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:23 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Hum...says here it can be used to dissolve spiritual attachment and help against aching feet, stomach issues reflux...and it tastes a bit like mint, I bet you can make glowing, transparent muffins with this."
Kyle said and grinned.
"We should get Miss Alexander some I hear she love baking."

"Dissolve spiritual attachments? Is that the same as warding against them or something?" Serge pondered to himself. "Shame Halloween past us. Spooky transparent muffins would've been a perfect Holiday snack."

Anja wrote:Kyle fished out his phone and checked.
"Let me see it is 8 46 in the morning right now."

"Fuck I woke up early today." Serge said in a surprised voice. "I'll have to meet up with my Mentor around 12. But that still gives us plenty of time to mess around. How Mr. Car coming along? You manage to do the windows?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:17 pm

[Family Meeting]

"How did you learn it Sir?"
Anna asked then she smiled.
"One can learn allot of things from books though, I like books."

"Life experience," he said with a frown. "At any rate, your father would know more about it than I do."

[Nicole's arrival]

'This ain't no squabble. I just demand the right to be shot for words I actually fucking said, not folk jumping overboard on shit.' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed look.

He glared at her. "I am responding to the words you said, do not try to shift blame onto me for responding in kind."

"Perhaps what we have here are a bit of a misunderstanding. I have to admit to hearing what Adley clais but since you say this is not what you have said Nicole perhaps we are all misunderstanding one antoher, we should sit down and discuss this over tea when we have a chance to without a potential crisis on the way."
Beatrice said calmly.

He scowled at that, counting to himself and then gave Colin a glance.

[Narim's room]

"No Adley you are not fragile, but you are precious and what is precious and beautiful one handle with gentleness and care." The Virtual Adept said and he blushed as well as he looked into your eyes, his thumb gently stroking over the skin of your hand.

He gave him a hug, a bit awkwardly since he had half-eaten nan in one hand and was holding his other hand, and rested his chin on his shoulder. "I want to stay here, andra mou. Dípla sas, niótho san sto spíti, spíti tis kardiás mou. I'm glad I'll see you at dinner, are you busy afterward?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm

[Serge]

"Dissolve spiritual attachments? Is that the same as warding against them or something?" Serge pondered to himself. "Shame Halloween past us. Spooky transparent muffins would've been a perfect Holiday snack."

"No I suspect that means the plant remove them, warding would prevent new one from being established."
Kyle said.
"The difference between taking a bath to get rid of dirt and wearing a apron to prevent getting dirty in the first place"

"Fuck I woke up early today." Serge said in a surprised voice. "I'll have to meet up with my Mentor around 12. But that still gives us plenty of time to mess around. How Mr. Car coming along? You manage to do the windows?"

"I usually get up early, often I have early classes with Master Morgan."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"You are going to luck with your Mentor that is nice, as for the car...well it looks better than it did but the shading is not perfect."
He said with a sigh and showed you.

[Family Meeting]

Life experience," he said with a frown. "At any rate, your father would know more about it than I do."

"I guess I do not have allot of that Mr Roth Hicks, I am twelve."
The little girl said and pouted.

[Nicole's arrival]

He scowled at that, counting to himself and then gave Colin a glance.

Beatrice gave a sigh at that.

[Narim's room]

He gave him a hug, a bit awkwardly since he had half-eaten nan in one hand and was holding his other hand, and rested his chin on his shoulder. "I want to stay here, andra mou. Dípla sas, niótho san sto spíti, spíti tis kardiás mou. I'm glad I'll see you at dinner, are you busy afterward?"

Narim hesitated, as if he was afraid that any movement on his part would scare you away, but then he gently leaned his chin against your head and stood there quietly for a moment just enjoying the closeness before he replied.
"Dinner will be very nice and I would like you to stay, there is nothing I want more."
He said softly.
"I have no plans after dinner, but depending on what the situation with those with cybernetics falling ill are I might end up having to deal with it, other than that though I am free."
He replied, his voice warm as you felt his breaths as you stood next to him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:51 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"No I suspect that means the plant remove them, warding would prevent new one from being established."
Kyle said.
"The difference between taking a bath to get rid of dirt and wearing a apron to prevent getting dirty in the first place"

"So if a person was being possessed by a spirit you could feed them the flower to get rid of the asshole spirit?" Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:"I usually get up early, often I have early classes with Master Morgan."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"You are going to luck with your Mentor that is nice, as for the car...well it looks better than it did but the shading is not perfect."
He said with a sigh and showed you.

"I wake up around noon. When I go to sleep I never really want to leave my bed." Serge said sheepishly. "Guess that's whats different about today. I didn't go to sleep in my bed."

Serge walked up towards the Kyle's drawing and gave it a good long look. "Getting the right shading is something that takes instinct and practice. It'll never be perfect the first time. But for your first time it's pretty good."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:08 pm

[Narim's room]

"Dinner will be very nice and I would like you to stay, there is nothing I want more." He said softly. "I have no plans after dinner, but depending on what the situation with those with cybernetics falling ill are I might end up having to deal with it, other than that though I am free."

"I know, it's worrying...but if we can get some time before I have to leave, I'd like that. I know it's stupid, I'll only be gone a short while, and there's so much to be done but I want you to know I care a lot about you and want to try to make time for us as best I can. Okay?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 pm

[Serge]

"So if a person was being possessed by a spirit you could feed them the flower to get rid of the asshole spirit?" Serge asked curiously.

"Spiritual attachments is not necessarily the same as being possessed by as a spirit but yes I can sound like that plant have such a function."
Kyle said and nodded.

"I wake up around noon. When I go to sleep I never really want to leave my bed." Serge said sheepishly. "Guess that's whats different about today. I didn't go to sleep in my bed."

"I am used to getting up early and while I might at time stay up a bit to late gaming or reading I usually balance it, since the date for the trial was set I have not slept much though."
Kyle said and he sigh and shook his head.
"I just can't sleep."

Serge walked up towards the Kyle's drawing and gave it a good long look. "Getting the right shading is something that takes instinct and practice. It'll never be perfect the first time. But for your first time it's pretty good."

The shading on the window was not completely right but it was not to bad.
"Thanks, well I guess it is not horrible."
Kyle said and he smiled a little.

[Adley]

"I know, it's worrying...but if we can get some time before I have to leave, I'd like that. I know it's stupid, I'll only be gone a short while, and there's so much to be done but I want you to know I care a lot about you and want to try to make time for us as best I can. Okay?"

Narim nodded, you felt the movement against your hair.
"I am worried about the problems with the cybernetics, several memeber of my Traditions have such enchanements."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"For now though, for just this one moment let us forget that the outside world exist, we both have dutues and I lookforward to spending time with you tonight. I know you care about me, just like I care about you and I am patient we have allot of time before us we can afford to take it slow, but just for this one moment, let me just stand here with you and think of nothing else than being with you."
He said softly.
"Even if it is just for a few moments, and hopefully we will have more of them tonight."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:37 pm

[Narim's room]

"For now though, for just this one moment let us forget that the outside world exist, we both have dutues and I lookforward to spending time with you tonight. I know you care about me, just like I care about you and I am patient we have allot of time before us we can afford to take it slow, but just for this one moment, let me just stand here with you and think of nothing else than being with you." He said softly. "Even if it is just for a few moments, and hopefully we will have more of them tonight."

"I'm definitely not as patient as you are," he said, sounding amused, though he could hardly remember what it felt like to be angry at the moment. "I don't know how much time we have, and I really only have two speeds, on or off," he chuckled. "I either care a lot, or I don't care. But I wouldn't deny you what you ask for, it's such a small thing. A right now, which is forever." After a few minutes he let him go, and gave him a kiss. "I got to grab something from my room, then I'll get to the Chief's office. "I will see you soon, andra mou. Thank you for the bread."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:53 pm

[Phone Call]

Anja's Post:

'Reached a similar conclusion, I have; heard a report that a Mundane with a routine cybernetic was also felled by... whatever this is, sir. Might be an idea for the Society to use all our medical contacts to see if they're being hit by this in hospitals. Was thinking of heading towards the Port for the task you say; two of us are known there and so won't look as suspicious as others.'

[On reviewing Nick's comments, she's not actually said what Adley's accusing her of. Though with a negative, suspicious spin of what she did it could be argued she inferred it. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Spiritual attachments is not necessarily the same as being possessed by as a spirit but yes I can sound like that plant have such a function."
Kyle said and nodded.

"Sounds like a pretty nifty plant." Serge said with a nod. "Any other interesting ones in there?"

Anja wrote:"I am used to getting up early and while I might at time stay up a bit to late gaming or reading I usually balance it, since the date for the trial was set I have not slept much though."
Kyle said and he sigh and shook his head.
"I just can't sleep."

"I could tell." Serge said with a nod. "Can't say it's unexpected though. Stress will do that to you. Just make sure to get a little bit of rest here and there so your body doesn't shut down. And get some long rest after you ace that trial. I heard there's a hotel in horizon with clouds as pillows. Sounds like a pretty good place to get some rest."

Anja wrote:The shading on the window was not completely right but it was not to bad.
"Thanks, well I guess it is not horrible."
Kyle said and he smiled a little.

"That's the spirit. Now that you've done it once you'll do better the next time." Serge said with a grin as he got back up onto his table and started going back to work on his dragon.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:56 am

[Family Meeting]
Anja wrote:"I do not know what it is called dad, all I now is that Dr Lee is teaching me ways to defend myself in ways that restrain the opponent or get them to the ground but which at most leaves some bruises, it is pretty neat though I still think a good kick is the way to go at times."
Anna said and nodded.
Colin sighed, "Well, I will let you know next time I need to batter down the wards to a Labyrinth... Can't have an Ethership's fuel tanks on hand every time... But in general, Dr. Lee's softer methods will be preferable."

Anja wrote:"Why do you think that is dad, that there are a price to pay for such magick?"
The young mage asked accepting your words on the matter.
S7trif3 wrote:"There will always be a cost - you might change who pays it, but it costs all the same." He frowned.
Anja wrote:"Hum...that makes allot of sense Sir..."
Anna said and nodded thoughtfully.
"Hermetics are really smart, probably because they read all the books."
S7trif3 wrote:"Oh...that one I didn't learn from a book. I may have read something along those lines, but I didn't know what I was reading."
Anja wrote:"How did you learn it Sir?"
Anna asked then she smiled.
"One can learn allot of things from books though, I like books."
S7trif3 wrote:"Life experience," he said with a frown. "At any rate, your father would know more about it than I do."
Anja wrote:"I guess I do not have allot of that Mr Roth Hicks, I am twelve."
The little girl said and pouted.
He shrugged, "When it comes to manipulating luck, it's less about an outright cost, and more... well, like a pendulum hanging down in front of you. Give it a slight nudge, and it will be easy to catch it on the rebound, but give it too strong a shove, and it will swing back and knock you over. Wield luck like a carefully honed scalpel, and you can accomplish amazing things so long as you're careful, but swing it around like a wrecking ball, and you'll end up with a lot of broken things. And reading is good. Very good."

Anja wrote:"I don't get how you do it, I mean one thing is that little boy last time we where there who did not want to have his legs checked in the MR machine, that do not hurt he was just scared of the noise but you have talked some of the kids into more scary things as well."
Anna said and frowned.
"But yeah I sort of get it if it is life and death, especially if the kids are to young to make that choice, but when it is not then parents should accept it if a kid do not want to have something done."
Anna said ad she looked down.
He smiled, "For a lot of those kids, they're afraid of the unknown. Like the boy who was scared of the MRI machine; he was scared of the sound, because he didn't know what it meant. Once he understood that the noise was just the sound of the machine working as it should, like the whine of the motor in his little radio-controlled car, it was a lot easier to calm him down and convince him that the machine was safe. But really, there's no trick to it, you just sit down and talk calmly with the kids, and explain things simply, instead of sternly telling them what's going to happen."

[Nicole's Arrival]
Anja wrote:"Indeed it was the temperature had risen by two degrees since the argument started.
S7trif3 wrote:"Sorry." He took a deep breath and began to count backwards from one hundred in various languages.
Anja wrote:The temperature went back down...a little.
He smiled wryly, "Right, I'd rather you didn't accidentally blister my wallpaper."

Nicole wrote:'This ain't no squabble. I just demand the right to be shot for words I actually fucking said, not folk jumping overboard on shit.' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed look.
S7trif3 wrote:He glared at her. "I am responding to the words you said, do not try to shift blame onto me for responding in kind."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps what we have here are a bit of a misunderstanding. I have to admit to hearing what Adley clais but since you say this is not what you have said Nicole perhaps we are all misunderstanding one antoher, we should sit down and discuss this over tea when we have a chance to without a potential crisis on the way."
Beatrice said calmly.
S7trif3 wrote:He scowled at that, counting to himself and then gave Colin a glance.
Anja wrote:Beatrice gave a sigh at that.
He gave both Nicole and Adley a stern look, his tone of voice not leaving any room for argument, "I said to drop it. We can revisit this topic later, if necessary, but right now, we've got what seems to be a burgeoning crisis on our hands just as we're about to head off to deal with several other tense situations on Horizon. The perceived slights against the Chief, intended or not, can be addressed when we have the time for such. For now, the Deacon Council needs to be brought up to speed, and we need to gather more intel to help the efforts in dealing with the problem; while I don't believe we'll be at the heart of the solution this time, every bit helps, and we're probably rather uniquely situated right now to add some early data on the Union's situation without doing something tactically aggressive. So let us focus on being productive."

S7trif3 wrote:"Certainly, I will stop in."
He nodded, "Thank you. It will likely come in handy to call the situation in from the Umbral Port. And to keep the proverbial 911 call ready, should the Union prove... less than neutrally inclined."

Nicole wrote:Giving a nod to Beatrice, Nicole let herself be ushered out of the door and went to call Haderman.
He walked with Nicole toward Adjan's apartment, keeping half an ear on her conversation, before knocking on the door.

((OOC: Where the heck did the day go? I mean, *POOF*, and it was gone... scratch ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:57 am

[Narim's room]

"I'm definitely not as patient as you are," he said, sounding amused, though he could hardly remember what it felt like to be angry at the moment. "I don't know how much time we have, and I really only have two speeds, on or off," he chuckled. "I either care a lot, or I don't care. But I wouldn't deny you what you ask for, it's such a small thing. A right now, which is forever." After a few minutes he let him go, and gave him a kiss. "I got to grab something from my room, then I'll get to the Chief's office. "I will see you soon, andra mou. Thank you for the bread."

"I like that about you Adley, you are passionate, like fire."
Narim said softly.
"An do not get me wrong, I want more, I love every moment I get to spend with you, but I also know we both have dutues so we have to make time when we can."
He said then he was silent for a moment just enjoying the moment. He returned your kiss softly and gave you a warm smile.
"I will see you later then my love."
He said and smiled.
"And no problem about the bread, cooking relaxes me."

[Nicole Phone Call]

'Reached a similar conclusion, I have; heard a report that a Mundane with a routine cybernetic was also felled by... whatever this is, sir. Might be an idea for the Society to use all our medical contacts to see if they're being hit by this in hospitals. Was thinking of heading towards the Port for the task you say; two of us are known there and so won't look as suspicious as others.'

"It have spread to the unawakened, this is not good news, we have to pull in our medical contacts indeed."
Dr Hadermann said and he did not sound pleased.
"Good initiative Scientist Bouchard, will you share with me what you find out at the Ubral port then? There is no need for two groups to go, less suspicious that way."
The other Etherite requested.

[Serge]

"Sounds like a pretty nifty plant." Serge said with a nod. "Any other interesting ones in there?"

"Yeah it do sound nifty...hum here is one, they are the spiritual manifestations of roses, apperantly if you treat them well they will sing for you which will fortify your mind, and here is a little yellow one which just are good for internal cleanses...meaning it will make you shit...there is allot of plants here."
Kyle said as he shifted though the papers.

"I could tell." Serge said with a nod. "Can't say it's unexpected though. Stress will do that to you. Just make sure to get a little bit of rest here and there so your body doesn't shut down. And get some long rest after you ace that trial. I heard there's a hotel in horizon with clouds as pillows. Sounds like a pretty good place to get some rest."

"Hum...yeah I suspect that if all go well I will be sleeping for a week."
Kyle said then he sigh.
"I try...but it is not easy, I might eat a little later though I feel a little bit better."
He said then he looked surprised.
"So you can sleep on a cloud? Now that is something."

"That's the spirit. Now that you've done it once you'll do better the next time." Serge said with a grin as he got back up onto his table and started going back to work on his dragon.

"Yeah I I will get better at this...I mean Mr Wainwright have asked if I and Anna can make a sort of lustrated guide to the hand gestures we use, Master Morgan wanted that to since they come from Hermetic ones they have just evolved in a different direction, but drawing hands are really hard."
The young mage grumbled.

[Family Meeting]

Colin sighed, "Well, I will let you know next time I need to batter down the wards to a Labyrinth... Can't have an Ethership's fuel tanks on hand every time... But in general, Dr. Lee's softer methods will be preferable."

"I agree I do not want to hurt anyone so if I have effective means that do not harm I will use them, but if I do not I will kick."
Anna said and she nodded.
"Did you see the wards on my room in the Labyrinth dad? Ehere they nice?"
She asked proudly.

He shrugged, "When it comes to manipulating luck, it's less about an outright cost, and more... well, like a pendulum hanging down in front of you. Give it a slight nudge, and it will be easy to catch it on the rebound, but give it too strong a shove, and it will swing back and knock you over. Wield luck like a carefully honed scalpel, and you can accomplish amazing things so long as you're careful, but swing it around like a wrecking ball, and you'll end up with a lot of broken things. And reading is good. Very good."

"Yeah but why do it work that way dad? With Paradox there is a why, if you go against the will of the majority they push back but why would affecting someone else's fate in turn affect you it makes no sense."
The little girl protested.

He smiled, "For a lot of those kids, they're afraid of the unknown. Like the boy who was scared of the MRI machine; he was scared of the sound, because he didn't know what it meant. Once he understood that the noise was just the sound of the machine working as it should, like the whine of the motor in his little radio-controlled car, it was a lot easier to calm him down and convince him that the machine was safe. But really, there's no trick to it, you just sit down and talk calmly with the kids, and explain things simply, instead of sternly telling them what's going to happen."

Anna considered that for a moment then she nodded.
"That makes sense dad."
She commented.
"I guess having things explained do make it easier."

[Nicole's Arrival]

He walked with Nicole toward Adjan's apartment, keeping half an ear on her conversation, before knocking on the door.

After a few moments Adjan opened the door to his apartment, he was still walking with a cane but he looked allot better after a few months of healing.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, Miss Bouchard how may I help...sorry let me turn the music of."
He said, from his apartment heavy metal music in a language you did not know where floating out into the hallway.
"Please come in."
The Euthanathos said as he limped towards the stereo.

(OOC: You know those atogs in MtG that eat turns, I blame those, this ahole did it: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3635 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:09 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Yeah it do sound nifty...hum here is one, they are the spiritual manifestations of roses, apperantly if you treat them well they will sing for you which will fortify your mind, and here is a little yellow one which just are good for internal cleanses...meaning it will make you shit...there is allot of plants here."
Kyle said as he shifted though the papers.

"What about the spiritual manifestation of poison ivy? That's gotta be a fun one." Serge said with a grin. "See if you can find that one. Oooh or the venus flytrap! That's gotta have an epic spirit manifestation attached to it."

Anja wrote:"Hum...yeah I suspect that if all go well I will be sleeping for a week."
Kyle said then he sigh.
"I try...but it is not easy, I might eat a little later though I feel a little bit better."
He said then he looked surprised.
"So you can sleep on a cloud? Now that is something."

"I know! Whoever thought of that was a genius!" Serge said with a smile, trying to bring the conversation away from Kyle's worries. "I wonder what other cool things are on Horizon?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah I I will get better at this...I mean Mr Wainwright have asked if I and Anna can make a sort of lustrated guide to the hand gestures we use, Master Morgan wanted that to since they come from Hermetic ones they have just evolved in a different direction, but drawing hands are really hard."
The young mage grumbled.

"Hmmm...wonder why he didn't ask me?" Serge said absentmindedly, focusing on a tricky part of his dragon mural. Eventually he realized, "Ohhh, it's cause I don't know those hand gestures. Right....Well if you need any help with hand drawings I'm always here. It's not to difficult. I could show you how to draw hand gestures.'"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am

[Serge]

"What about the spiritual manifestation of poison ivy? That's gotta be a fun one." Serge said with a grin. "See if you can find that one. Oooh or the venus flytrap! That's gotta have an epic spirit manifestation attached to it."

"Let me see...I can not find the Venus fly trap or poison ivy here, I find a plant good for colds, one for the lungs...hum...one which will draw out poison and venom."
The Hermetic apprentice said as he went though the papers.

"I know! Whoever thought of that was a genius!" Serge said with a smile, trying to bring the conversation away from Kyle's worries. "I wonder what other cool things are on Horizon?"

"There are dragons I hear and unicorns, all sort of things."
Kyle said.
"I mean it is a realm full of mages I am sure there is allot of crazy things there."

"Hmmm...wonder why he didn't ask me?" Serge said absentmindedly, focusing on a tricky part of his dragon mural. Eventually he realized, "Ohhh, it's cause I don't know those hand gestures. Right....Well if you need any help with hand drawings I'm always here. It's not to difficult. I could show you how to draw hand gestures.'"

"I would appiciate it Serge."
Kyle said.
"And yes I suspect the reason he did not ask you are because you do not know the hand gestures and also he wanted me and Anna to have a procject together I think, I would like very much if you could show me how to draw hands though, they do nto need to be perfect as long as the gestures are understandable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:48 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Let me see...I can not find the Venus fly trap or poison ivy here, I find a plant good for colds, one for the lungs...hum...one which will draw out poison and venom."
The Hermetic apprentice said as he went though the papers.

"It's getting kinda dull now. Where's the fire-spitting flowers and roses that shoot thorns at people and vines that tie you up." Serge said humorously.

Anja wrote:"There are dragons I hear and unicorns, all sort of things."
Kyle said.
"I mean it is a realm full of mages I am sure there is allot of crazy things there."

"God I wanna see a dragon so fucking badly." Serge said with a spark in his eyes. "It'd probably kill me in an instant but I think it'd be worth it to see those scales that I've only dreamt off before."

Anja wrote:"I would appreciate it Serge."
Kyle said.
"And yes I suspect the reason he did not ask you are because you do not know the hand gestures and also he wanted me and Anna to have a procject together I think, I would like very much if you could show me how to draw hands though, they do nto need to be perfect as long as the gestures are understandable."

"Draw a hand right now. Let's see where your at." Serge suggested pointing to a space next to wear Kyle was drawing his car.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:41 am

[Serge]

"It's getting kinda dull now. Where's the fire-spitting flowers and roses that shoot thorns at people and vines that tie you up." Serge said humorously.

"Hum...well there is one here that will make a vampire who feed on someone who have eaten a concoction made from this plant sick, and there is one that apparently is used in a potion which will turn your own life patterns to fire while keeping them intact so you will basically be a human torch."
The young Hermetic said.

"God I wanna see a dragon so fucking badly." Serge said with a spark in his eyes. "It'd probably kill me in an instant but I think it'd be worth it to see those scales that I've only dreamt off before."

"Master Morgan says some dragons on Horizo is domesticated you can ride them, but the problem is that he fears they are being kept against their will."
Kyle said and frowned.
"And the free dragons are not really hostile the way I understand it, just don't be mean to them. The unicorns though will apparently fuck you up."

"Draw a hand right now. Let's see where your at." Serge suggested pointing to a space next to wear Kyle was drawing his car.

"Are you sure? On your wall? Well ok."
Kyle said and he started drawing something that really looked more like a ditto from Pokemon then a hand, it just needed to be colored pink and get eyes.
"Ehm...well...not quite."
The young mage said and frowned as he looked at his drawing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:57 am

[Phone Call]

Anja's Post:

'Only one report, and not from a reliable source.' Nicole replied, knowing enough from her training to get what "anecdotal evidence" meant. 'Which is why I've asked the MD here to ask around at work. Making contact with Europe might be an idea too; after all it's...' a pause as she worked this out '-early afternoon there. Might be further ahead, or at least have a clearer picture of the situation.'

'Of course I'll keep you posted, sir. It's only Miles and me here, after all. Is Westchapel acting as the intel hub for the Boston region?'

[Erm... why are they going to see Adjan?]

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

Nicole gave a glower at Adley in reply, but remained silent.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 pm

[Nicole]

"Let us hope it proves ti be untrue, but we can not discount this affecting sleepers, we need more evidence, let me know what Dr Lee learn please."
Hadermann said.
"I gave sent med Rembrandt by portal to London ti investigate, hopefully we will hear from her soon."

"You, Mr Miles and Mr Von Hess though he is a simple advanced sleepers and not Awakened. In either case yes Scientist Bouchard, Westchapel will be taking the lead in this investigation."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:31 pm

[Family Meeting]
Anja wrote:"I agree I do not want to hurt anyone so if I have effective means that do not harm I will use them, but if I do not I will kick."
Anna said and she nodded.
"Did you see the wards on my room in the Labyrinth dad? Ehere they nice?"
She asked proudly.
Colin smiled, "Your wards were elegant and meticulously crafted; I could not have gotten through them easily without the passphrase. In fact, I don't think it unlikely that you'll be asked to help instruct the other apprentices in the Chantry in warding work... once you've taught me a thing or two."

Anja wrote:"Yeah but why do it work that way dad? With Paradox there is a why, if you go against the will of the majority they push back but why would affecting someone else's fate in turn affect you it makes no sense."
The little girl protested.
He smiled wryly, "If you try to fly, gravity pushes back. If you work your will against the Consensus, the Consensus pushes back. Luck is, pretty much by all accounts, a primal force on par with the others, and as even sleepers know, if you push your luck, things tend to eventually go badly. It may seem superficially nonsensical, but there is some rhyme and reason to it."

Anja wrote:Anna considered that for a moment then she nodded.
"That makes sense dad."
She commented.
"I guess having things explained do make it easier."
He nodded, "The unknown is one of the scariest things to face. When something is known, it usually seems a lot smaller and less scary."

[With Nicole]
Anja wrote:After a few moments Adjan opened the door to his apartment, he was still walking with a cane but he looked allot better after a few months of healing.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, Miss Bouchard how may I help...sorry let me turn the music of."
He said, from his apartment heavy metal music in a language you did not know where floating out into the hallway.
"Please come in."
The Euthanathos said as he limped towards the stereo.
He smiled, "Good morning, Mr. Terach. Ah, of course."
He stepped inside, nodding to Nicole, still on the phone, "We're headed out to the Umbral Port on a quick information-gathering run, and, well... we need a little help with the last leg of the trip. It seems bionics are... acting up, and we need to quickly try to learn if the Union has the same problem. If they do, it's less likely that it's their doing."

((OOC: Why Adjan? Because we need someone to bring us over to the Umbral Port side of things. Basically, he's the doorman. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:21 pm

[Family Meeting]

Colin smiled, "Your wards were elegant and meticulously crafted; I could not have gotten through them easily without the passphrase. In fact, I don't think it unlikely that you'll be asked to help instruct the other apprentices in the Chantry in warding work... once you've taught me a thing or two."

"You really think so dad? I would not mind teaching you my wards at all."
Anna said proudly and she beamed at you.

He smiled wryly, "If you try to fly, gravity pushes back. If you work your will against the Consensus, the Consensus pushes back. Luck is, pretty much by all accounts, a primal force on par with the others, and as even sleepers know, if you push your luck, things tend to eventually go badly. It may seem superficially nonsensical, but there is some rhyme and reason to it."

Anna considered for a while then she gave you a bit of a doubtful look.
"Are you sure this is not your Paradigm dad? I mean I have been around mages all my life and what the Traditions call Entropy is popular among the Nephandi and I have never heard this mentioned before, I have seen sleeper hedge wizards and occultists have the idea that manipulating fate punishing you but not mages and many in the Labyrinth would manipulate chance and luck all they wanted without any such backlash, I doubt the Sphere would be that popular if it had such a drawback for everyone who use it."
She argued.

He nodded, "The unknown is one of the scariest things to face. When something is known, it usually seems a lot smaller and less scary."

"Sometimes it is more known fears as well like not wanting to be put under for surgery."
Anna said.
"Though I guess that is also a form of fear of the unknown, I guess that is why some kids liek Evelyn are okey with needles as they have done it so many times they know what to expect."
She said and Beatrice nodded.
"Probably a known pain is far less...of a problem.The nature of pain is to alert ut to danger and injury but if we know what something is then it is usually allot less of a problem. For example most will find it less painful to stab their toe in the light when ass is known and safe than when shambling around in the dark."
The young Verbena said.
"When I was about your age I started working blood magick, and at first it was terrifying, being given an ehm...implement and asked to draw my own blood was hard, some apprentices never get used to it and choose to practice less painful forms of magick. Over time I got used to it though and I know where to cut so it is not dangerous. I would think it is the same for most who need regular, uncomfortable treatment that they get used to it and it is not scary anymore. I mean a boy with diabetes lives next door to me growing up, it did not seam to bother him much to give himself shots, but e as an eight year old could not understand how he could live with that and not be scared or sad. The devil you know eh."

He smiled, "Good morning, Mr. Terach. Ah, of course."
He stepped inside, nodding to Nicole, still on the phone, "We're headed out to the Umbral Port on a quick information-gathering run, and, well... we need a little help with the last leg of the trip. It seems bionics are... acting up, and we need to quickly try to learn if the Union has the same problem. If they do, it's less likely that it's their doing."

"Good morning Mr Wainwright, Miss Bouchard. Problems with cybernetics you say? That sounds serious."
Adjan said as he reached his stereo and turned off the music. His room was clean, with black furniture, pictures on the walls and white walls, a book lay open on the living room table perhaps the Euthanathos had been reading.
"I will just get my coat."
He said and reached for it were it hung on a peg near the front door, he leaned his cane against the door and stood on one leg as he pulled his black, leather coat on.
"It sounds like a good idea to see what we can find out at the Umbral Port, to the garage then?"
He asked clearly now ready to come along.

(OOC: Yes neither Colin nor Nicole can step sideways on their own, so that is what Adjan is for.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:33 pm

[Phone Call]

Anja's Post:

'Will do sir.' she replied. Unless the Professor had anything to add, she'll end the call.

[Adjan's Apartment]

Colin's Apartment:

On seeing him, she'll give him a nod of greetings, though remain silent - seeing nothing she needed to add.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Hum...well there is one here that will make a vampire who feed on someone who have eaten a concoction made from this plant sick, and there is one that apparently is used in a potion which will turn your own life patterns to fire while keeping them intact so you will basically be a human torch."
The young Hermetic said.

"Now that's much better!" Serge said with a smile. "Vampire-repelling flowers! And turning yourself into a torch. Now all we need is some flower called moonsilver that somehow repels werewolves."

Anja wrote:"Master Morgan says some dragons on Horizo is domesticated you can ride them, but the problem is that he fears they are being kept against their will."
Kyle said and frowned.
"And the free dragons are not really hostile the way I understand it, just don't be mean to them. The unicorns though will apparently fuck you up."

"Sounds a bit like the last Skyrim DLC where you could ride a dragon. Granted they weren't domesticated, the main character was controlling them with his voice so probably not the most apt comparison." Serge said with a chuckle. "And what's with Unicorns goring people? Are they really that violent?"

Anja wrote:"Are you sure? On your wall? Well ok."
Kyle said and he started drawing something that really looked more like a ditto from Pokemon then a hand, it just needed to be colored pink and get eyes.
"Ehm...well...not quite."
The young mage said and frowned as he looked at his drawing.

"Not bad." Serge lied, "Try again. This time try looking at your own hand while drawing. Try looking at the lengths of each of your fingers and how your palm connect them all." he said while hopping down from his table and walking towards Kyle to get a better look at his attempts.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:43 pm

[Nicole Phone Call]

'Will do sir.' she replied. Unless the Professor had anything to add, she'll end the call.

"Keep me posted Scientist Bouchard and stay safe."
Haderman said before he hung up on the call.

[Serge]

"Now that's much better!" Serge said with a smile. "Vampire-repelling flowers! And turning yourself into a torch. Now all we need is some flower called moonsilver that somehow repels werewolves."

"Yeah there is none of that here but you be sure that there is allot of Umbra flowers out there and they probably have all sort of strange abilities."
Kyle said and smiled.
"And some of them are just flowers."

"Sounds a bit like the last Skyrim DLC where you could ride a dragon. Granted they weren't domesticated, the main character was controlling them with his voice so probably not the most apt comparison." Serge said with a chuckle. "And what's with Unicorns goring people? Are they really that violent?"

"Well that do not sound like exactly the same no, allot of games have you ride dragons, as for the unicorns I don't know I have never been to Horizon, I can just say what my Mentor have told me and he says that the unicorns on Horizon are pretty dangerous and aggressive yes."
The young mage commented.

"Not bad." Serge lied, "Try again. This time try looking at your own hand while drawing. Try looking at the lengths of each of your fingers and how your palm connect them all." he said while hopping down from his table and walking towards Kyle to get a better look at his attempts.

"Yeah sure, I can do that but are you sure I sould not do that on paper instead of messing up your walls?"
The young mage asked.
"Since I am just training here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next