Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 28 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

[Towards Umbrial Port]

Colin's Post:

'Something to ask about... bet ships already have something like that...'

[Umbrial Port]

Colin's Post:

'Could be... he's the one who's going all white and got a clipped Amish beard going on.'

Colin's Post:

'Does "self" count?'

Colin's Post:

'Yeah... one. Which is odd. If there had been more, we'd have woken up to find warning messages on the answerphone from Europe.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to this, then moved to go back to talk with the doctor...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 28 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:56 pm

[Umbra Port]

'Yeah... one. Which is odd. If there had been more, we'd have woken up to find warning messages on the answerphone from Europe.'

"Could...there have been more cases...that we have not heard about yet?"
Miss Bridge asked her eyes still closed clearly she was getting rather tired.

Nicole gave a nod to this, then moved to go back to talk with the doctor...

You found Dr Talitzer in the same treatment room, she was giving the sick man something in his IV line, once done she turned and nodded to you.
"Yes Miss Sommers?"
She said as she discarded the syringe she was holding.
"Was there anything further?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Anja's Post:

'That is an answer I think you lot could answer better than us.'

Anja's Post:

'Got another lead; she got a "local anaesthetic" from a doctor's surgery this morning.' Nicole replied. 'I assume you're all stuck here 'till you get the order to move from on high?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 pm

[Umbral Port]

'That is an answer I think you lot could answer better than us.'

"Possibly so..."
The woman said in a tired tone of voice.
"But I do not know...anything about any...cases in Europe."
She added and sigh.

Got another lead; she got a "local anaesthetic" from a doctor's surgery this morning.' Nicole replied. 'I assume you're all stuck here 'till you get the order to move from on high?'

"And you suspect this local anesthetic was something else then...are your group going to check out this doctor's surgery or should I send someone?"
The doctor asked then she raised and eyebrow.
"My job is here and I am quite content with it, right now I can't leave since I have two patients who's life depend on me. What where you thinking about though Miss Sommers?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:Ok let us roll a die."
Kyle said and e took his piece wit a bit of difficulty and placed it where directed, then he rolled the dice and he got a tree then he handed you the die.

"Alright. Come on first turn advantage!" Serge said shaking the dice vigorously in his hand and then letting them fly.

Serge rolled a two.

"Dammit! Oh well. Your next Anna." he said passing the dice over to her.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"You will get it next time Sir."
Anna said as she took the die, she rolled a four, she then passed it to Beatrice who rolled a five.
"It seams like Miss Alexander starts."
Kyle said and he smiled a little. Beatrice nodded.
"So it would seam, well then Serge what do I do? How do I play this game?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Anja's Post:

'Perhaps none of your lot have been hit there.' Nicole said, a little bit curious. 'Or that it has, but the notes about it have gotten stuck in a pile or something.' She knew the Union was bureaucratic, but was it so clogged with red tape that it hindered it's reactions?...

Anja's Post:

'Well... we do have six cases where the victim got scratched, stung or jabbed with something just before getting sick.' Nicole replied. 'The question is; will anyone on your side actually investigate before the trail goes cold? Got a pretty clear CYA [cover your ass] reply outside about waiting for the order to do it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"You will get it next time Sir."
Anna said as she took the die, she rolled a four, she then passed it to Beatrice who rolled a five.
"It seams like Miss Alexander starts."
Kyle said and he smiled a little. Beatrice nodded.
"So it would seam, well then Serge what do I do? How do I play this game?"

"Ah yes, the whole point of the game. Probably should have said that earlier." Serge said rifling through the game instructions.

"The point of the game is to move our pieces around the board until we get to the end and shout 'Jumanji!'. Now that we've set up everything and determined who goes first we can start the game." he explained, "Beatrice, roll the dice and move your game piece an appropriate number of spaces. I'll tell you what happens based on where you land." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:14 pm

[Umbrial Port]

'Perhaps none of your lot have been hit there.' Nicole said, a little bit curious. 'Or that it has, but the notes about it have gotten stuck in a pile or something.' She knew the Union was bureaucratic, but was it so clogged with red tape that it hindered it's reactions?...

"Well it is...impossible to say if something happened in...Europe there would be no one...informing grunts like me...here in USA unless the brass thought...I needed to know."
Miss Bridge said weakly and then she seamed to almost fall asleep for a little while though she did open her eyes again after a little while.

'Well... we do have six cases where the victim got scratched, stung or jabbed with something just before getting sick.' Nicole replied. 'The question is; will anyone on your side actually investigate before the trail goes cold? Got a pretty clear CYA [cover your ass] reply outside about waiting for the order to do it.'

"Hard to say really, some higher up might decide this is a priority concern and send someone quickly or it will be taken up the chain of command, discussed, a plan will be formed and then eventually someone will be sent to deal with it. I intend to act though I have some who work under me who I can send."
Dr Talitzer said and frowned.
"It might get me...reprimanded but as I said it would not be the first time Miss Sommers."

[Colin's Apartment]

"Ah yes, the whole point of the game. Probably should have said that earlier." Serge said rifling through the game instructions.

"The point of the game is to move our pieces around the board until we get to the end and shout 'Jumanji!'. Now that we've set up everything and determined who goes first we can start the game." he explained, "Beatrice, roll the dice and move your game piece an appropriate number of spaces. I'll tell you what happens based on where you land." Serge said.

"Ok...sounds simple enough."
Beatrice said and she rolled and got a 7, moving her game piece the required paces and waiting for you to tell her what happened next.

(OOC: Jumanjii have D8 dice I believe?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 pm

[Onwards to the Umbral Port]
Nicole wrote:'Something to ask about... bet ships already have something like that...'
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Possible, possible... Worth asking around, if we can find the money for it, in any case."

[Umbral Port]
Nicole wrote:'Does "self" count?'
He shook his head, "No, that particular loophole is not allowed - it must be someone else."
He grimaced, "Which incidentally says more of Eva Braun than of Adolf; she's the one who followed him into death, not the other way around..."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... one. Which is odd. If there had been more, we'd have woken up to find warning messages on the answerphone from Europe.'
Anja wrote:"Could...there have been more cases...that we have not heard about yet?"
Miss Bridge asked her eyes still closed clearly she was getting rather tired.
Nicole wrote:'That is an answer I think you lot could answer better than us.'
Anja wrote:"Possibly so..."
The woman said in a tired tone of voice.
"But I do not know...anything about any...cases in Europe."
She added and sigh.
Nicole wrote:'Perhaps none of your lot have been hit there.' Nicole said, a little bit curious. 'Or that it has, but the notes about it have gotten stuck in a pile or something.' She knew the Union was bureaucratic, but was it so clogged with red tape that it hindered it's reactions?...
Anja wrote:"Well it is...impossible to say if something happened in...Europe there would be no one...informing grunts like me...here in USA unless the brass thought...I needed to know."
Miss Bridge said weakly and then she seamed to almost fall asleep for a little while though she did open her eyes again after a little while.
He pondered, "While information lag is a thing, you're right, the relative silence from Europe is... odd. Best check whether the victim had traveled internationally recently... and the timing."

Anja wrote:"I...will do my best."
Miss Bridge said and she closed her eyes.
"I fear it is Dr Talitzer who will be doing the most of the work though, keeping me alive."
He smiled warmly, "True, but it won't help her if you simply lie back and give up fighting."

Anja wrote:"It do...in the parking lot...waiting room and the hallway, not in the treatmet rooms though."
The Iterator muttered weakly.
He nodded, "Of course, patient confidentiality and all that... but the corridor surveillance should have picked him up. Perhaps even where he came from and where he went afterwards."

As Nicole went to report in to the doctor, Colin made haste down to the Mercere office.

((OOC: Magic tournament went approximately as expected. Somewhere south of "alright". Razz Also, I needed that nap afterwards. Razz))

((OOC2: Yeah, Jumanji uses a regular d8 for movenent, I think, and a special d8 with an array of different symbols as "rescue dice" - one rescue die per player. And I do believe the rhino piece is an obstacle, not a player marker. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

[Umbral Port]

He pondered, "While information lag is a thing, you're right, the relative silence from Europe is... odd. Best check whether the victim had traveled internationally recently... and the timing."

The sick Iterator just nodded slightly at that wincing.

He smiled warmly, "True, but it won't help her if you simply lie back and give up fighting."

"I am...not going to...do that...I will try to stay alive as long as possible."
Miss Bridge muttered softly the visit was starting to tire her out.

He nodded, "Of course, patient confidentiality and all that... but the corridor surveillance should have picked him up. Perhaps even where he came from and where he went afterwards."

"Yes perhaps so, we can hope at least.."
The Iterator said.

As Nicole went to report in to the doctor, Colin made haste down to the Mercere office.

You got to the Traditionalist side of the main building and the Mercere office. A tall, thin man with graying brown hair was manning it today, the Red Cap gave you a polite nod as you came into the office.
"Good morning Sir may I help you?"

(OOC: So you did not get to poison anyone?)
(OOC: Is it a game for three players then for all the pictures I have been able to find have the player pieces be a elephant, a monkey a crocodile and a rhino.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 pm

[Cheif's office]

Adley scratched his chin as he scrolled through his messages.

// So, I scrolled through the thread and did not find any text message regarding Beatrice to his pater. I did find the note he sent via Narim, which only spoke about Nicole and Colin going to check out the Umbral docks. I can search again, but I don't think he sent a message about that to his pater. And when he was in the office before, they didn't get much time to talk before he got a weird feeling about Kyle.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:You got to the Traditionalist side of the main building and the Mercere office. A tall, thin man with graying brown hair was manning it today, the Red Cap gave you a polite nod as you came into the office.
"Good morning Sir may I help you?"
Colin nodded in response, "Good morning. I need any mail dropped off to me forwarded immediately for the coming several days - would it be possible to have all deliveries made to John Steed sent urgently to the Security office of Chantry Steelhaven Hall? There's a bit of an emergency going on, and any information lag could cost lives..."

((OOC: I did, but only barely - I had one pairing end at a 2-1 loss, and got to hand out the odd poison counter throughout the tournament, but that was pretty much the extent of it.))

((OOC: I stand corrected; I had not noticed the rhino player piece, only the rhino obstacle piece, which looks very different.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Ok...sounds simple enough."
Beatrice said and she rolled and got a 7, moving her game piece the required paces and waiting for you to tell her what happened next.

"Let's see, there are different actions you can take based on what you land on. If you land on a clear space you draw an experience card and place it under the decoder. This details an experience that the active player must face. Everyone besides the active player chooses whether they want to save the player or not. If everyone chooses to do so then they have to keep rolling the salvage die and try and match the symbol on the card before the timer runs out." Serge explained holding up and shaking an hourglass that came with the box.

"If we all manage to roll the same symbol we save the active player and all move forward a number of spaces denoted by the card. If we fail or choose not to save the active player then the active player is penalized and moves back a number of spaces denoted by the card and we place the experience card in the doOooOoOmsday counter."" he continued saying the final words in an ominous voice. "If we get 15 cards in the doomsday counter we all lose so let's try and be nice to each other."

"That's the big part of the game. If you land on a rhino space you can block another player with the rhino obstacle token. You can't pass a '5 or 8' space until you roll a 5 or an 8. And if we get to one of these circles here..." Serge explained pointing at one of the circles where the paths intersected, "We draw an experience card that we all have to face."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Adley scratched his chin as he scrolled through his messages.

You did not find the message Jeffry was talking about it just was not there. Jeffry though handed you his phone who sure enough had a text with a short summary of what Claire had said.
"Are you telling me you did not send me this message mea filius?"
Your Mentor asked and he raised an eyebrow.

[Umbral Port]

Colin nodded in response, "Good morning. I need any mail dropped off to me forwarded immediately for the coming several days - would it be possible to have all deliveries made to John Steed sent urgently to the Security office of Chantry Steelhaven Hall? There's a bit of an emergency going on, and any information lag could cost lives..."

"Certainly, though there will be an extra charge to have any mail dropped off in your post box express delivered to Chantry Steelhaven Mr Steed."
The Mercere said.
"Would you still want this service Sir?"

[Colin's Apartment]

"So basically we need to cooperate but at the same time trying to win ourselves?"
Kyle asked.
"It becomes a tactical decision then whatever or not to try to save another player who might be in front of you in the race?"
He asked.
"The rules seams simple enough."
Beatrice asked as she leaned over the board to see where she landed.
"So what do I do now? I seam to be on an 8 space? Wait until I roll and 8?"

(OOC: I do not know what brain fart manifested that text that was sure had been sent to the Chief but as discussed let us go with it. Perhaps I have hobgoblins. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Colin's Post:

The large woman gave a shrug to this, having grown quickly bored with the topic; a common occurrence with the Etherite.

Colin's Post:

A nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... is it possible for you to contact informally some of your... colleagues based in other cities?' Nicole said, after scratching her head for a moment. 'Find out whether they're seeing the same things as we are? Would help push it up the agenda, no? Would also help us to start working out possible culprits too; at the moment we're looking at four US and one European city, which wouldn't be beyond the ability of a small cell. But if it's a dozen cities...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 pm

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"Certainly, though there will be an extra charge to have any mail dropped off in your post box express delivered to Chantry Steelhaven Mr Steed."
The Mercere said.
"Would you still want this service Sir?"
Colin nodded and took out a twenty-dollar bill and laid it on the desk, "When I said delays may cost lives, I was not exaggerating - someone is targeting people with machine implants, whether Traditionalist, Technocrat or Sleeper - and we know of about ten victims globally since the problem showed up this morning. How many deliveries will this cover for now?"

((OOC: Perhaps the branching timelines are getting crossed? Maybe Colin's temporal shenanigans may be rubbing off on Adley? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"So basically we need to cooperate but at the same time trying to win ourselves?"
Kyle asked.
"It becomes a tactical decision then whatever or not to try to save another player who might be in front of you in the race?"
He asked.
"The rules seams simple enough."

"It sounds like a lot of fun. I kinda wanna see what's in those experience cards. Having to decode them makes me feel like a spy." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:
Beatrice asked as she leaned over the board to see where she landed.
"So what do I do now? I seam to be on an 8 space? Wait until I roll and 8?"

"Your on a '5 or 8' space." Serge corrected. "You roll the die again and see if you can get a 5 or an 8.....wait hold on Serge said looking closer at the manual "....sorry I read that wrong. If you land on that space, the player to your left rolls to see if they get a 5 or an 8. If they don't you move one space back and the next non-active player rolls. We keep doing this until someone rolls a 5 or an 8." Serge explained, squinting a little at the rules to make sure he got that right this time.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:50 am

[Umbra Port]

'Hmm... is it possible for you to contact informally some of your... colleagues based in other cities?' Nicole said, after scratching her head for a moment. 'Find out whether they're seeing the same things as we are? Would help push it up the agenda, no? Would also help us to start working out possible culprits too; at the moment we're looking at four US and one European city, which wouldn't be beyond the ability of a small cell. But if it's a dozen cities...'

Dr Talitzer hesitated but then she nodded.
"I can see what I can find out, I have contacts quite a few places, it will take me a few hours but when I get the responses back I can put them in Mr Steed's post box here at the port."
She agreed.
"Good thinking Miss Sommers yes if the Union start to buzz with rumors about this that will push it up the agenda and get our brass to do something and I also agree if it is a handful of cities this is happening in then that might be a small cell but if it is all over the world then we are looking at a bigger problem."

Colin nodded and took out a twenty-dollar bill and laid it on the desk, "When I said delays may cost lives, I was not exaggerating - someone is targeting people with machine implants, whether Traditionalist, Technocrat or Sleeper - and we know of about ten victims globally since the problem showed up this morning. How many deliveries will this cover for now?"

The Mercere looked down at the 20 dollar bill with a rather insulted look in his eyes.
"Sir if you where to hire Breakaway bike services to deliver you a rush package it would cost you 22 dollars locally. Members of my House are expected to potected the mail we deliver with our lives and with the artifacts we carry and what it cost to fuel them, you expect us to be cheaper that teenagers on bikes or Amazon delivery service and also offer several deliveries for such a price?"
He said clearly taking the offer quite personally.
"Normally we do not offer delivery from these post boxes so it would entrail asking someone to pause their duties to run to your Chantry with messages."
He said and he pushed the money back towards you.
"Now what you describe is quite serious Mr Steed so House Mercere will do as you ask and get whatever are put in your post box to Chantry Steelhaven as soon as possible, however we will do it because we are duty bound to help the Traditions not for such an offer as twenty dollars for several deliveries, our services are quite frankly worth far more than that!"
He said proudly.

[Colin's Apartment]

"It sounds like a lot of fun. I kinda wanna see what's in those experience cards. Having to decode them makes me feel like a spy." Serge said with a smile.

"Sounds like it could be a fun game yes."
Beatrice agreed.
"It have been so long since I have played another board game than chess."

"Your on a '5 or 8' space." Serge corrected. "You roll the die again and see if you can get a 5 or an 8.....wait hold on Serge said looking closer at the manual "....sorry I read that wrong. If you land on that space, the player to your left rolls to see if they get a 5 or an 8. If they don't you move one space back and the next non-active player rolls. We keep doing this until someone rolls a 5 or an 8." Serge explained, squinting a little at the rules to make sure he got that right this time.

"Ok so then I roll Sir?"
Anna asked and Beatrice nodded.
"You are to the left of me kid so it would seam so."
The little Orphan took the die and rolled it.
"I got a three what do I do now Sir?"
She asked.
"Miss Alexander stays and I move three paces forward?"

(OOC: Time shenanigan crossover well now that is an option.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 am

[Umbrial Port]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this. 'And good luck on working out what the hell it is.' wondering for a moment where Colin had gone...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:57 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Sounds like it could be a fun game yes."
Beatrice agreed.
"It have been so long since I have played another board game than chess."

"Man I haven't played chess in a long time. Chess and I have a weird love/hate relationship. I love imagining myself playing it but actually playing it makes me strangely angry..." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"Ok so then I roll Sir?"
Anna asked and Beatrice nodded.
"You are to the left of me kid so it would seam so."
The little Orphan took the die and rolled it.
"I got a three what do I do now Sir?"
She asked.
"Miss Alexander stays and I move three paces forward?"

"No Beatrice moves her piece back one and then I roll since I'm the player left of you." Serge said picking up the dice and rolling them. The die tumbled around the board before finally landing on a 5.

"Ok so I rolled a 5 meaning Beatrice is safe for now and her turn ends. If I had rolled something other than a 5 or an 8 than Beatrice would move back another space and Kyle would then roll. It's actually quite a terrifying space to land on."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:58 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:The Mercere looked down at the 20 dollar bill with a rather insulted look in his eyes.
"Sir if you where to hire Breakaway bike services to deliver you a rush package it would cost you 22 dollars locally. Members of my House are expected to potected the mail we deliver with our lives and with the artifacts we carry and what it cost to fuel them, you expect us to be cheaper that teenagers on bikes or Amazon delivery service and also offer several deliveries for such a price?"
He said clearly taking the offer quite personally.
"Normally we do not offer delivery from these post boxes so it would entrail asking someone to pause their duties to run to your Chantry with messages."
He said and he pushed the money back towards you.
"Now what you describe is quite serious Mr Steed so House Mercere will do as you ask and get whatever are put in your post box to Chantry Steelhaven as soon as possible, however we will do it because we are duty bound to help the Traditions not for such an offer as twenty dollars for several deliveries, our services are quite frankly worth far more than that!"
He said proudly.
Colin frowned, then he dug through his wallet again, counting bills quickly, "Ah... please forgive me; last I used such a courier service was when the World Trade Center was still intact. I did not realize the going rate had increased that much... I assure you, no offense was intended, that was pure ignorance on my part."
He added another 50 dollars to the original 20, "Will this be acceptable to cover the first two deliveries and get a tab running, and then I will be back tomorrow morning to pay another advance for further runs, just in case?"

((OOC: Colin DID say that he'd run down to the mail drop while Nicole talked to Dr. Terlitzer. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 am

[Jeffry's Office]

You did not find the message Jeffry was talking about it just was not there. Jeffry though handed you his phone who sure enough had a text with a short summary of what Claire had said. "Are you telling me you did not send me this message mea filius?" Your Mentor asked and he raised an eyebrow.

His eyebrows went up as he read the message, clearly bewildered. Then he checked the time it was supposedly sent and against his own phone and shook his head. "I have no idea where that came from...this doesn't make sense..."

// lol!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 am

[Umbra Port]

Nicole nodded to this. 'And good luck on working out what the hell it is.' wondering for a moment where Colin had gone...

"Thank you I might need it."
Dr Terlitzer said and frowned then she went to the supply cabinet and took out a small package sealed in silvery material.
"I noticed your arm, no it is not easy to notice but I have some experience, here take this, whatever you will trust me and use it if you need to or not is up to you. Inside you will find a syringe and two pills, this is part of an agent's emergency kit and it is supposed to counteract the effect of toxins and poisons if taken immediately after exposure. Whatever it will work on the stuff we are dealing with here I don't know, but it do stand a chance to give you some protection. Use the syringe as close as you can to the source of toxin as soon as possible, and then take one of the pills at once and the other five minutes later, they will make you feel sick but if they can save your life that is a small price to pay, though keep in mind I do not know if it will work on what we are facing here, but this is the only aid I can offer you...and if you are caught with the medicine I am going to say you grabbed it from my supply cabinet when I was not looking."
The Progenitor said and she tossed the silvery package over to you.

Colin frowned, then he dug through his wallet again, counting bills quickly, "Ah... please forgive me; last I used such a courier service was when the World Trade Center was still intact. I did not realize the going rate had increased that much... I assure you, no offense was intended, that was pure ignorance on my part."
He added another 50 dollars to the original 20, "Will this be acceptable to cover the first two deliveries and get a tab running, and then I will be back tomorrow morning to pay another advance for further runs, just in case?"

The Mercere gave a slight nod, accepting you apology then he nodded again and accepted the money putting them in the till.
"It will cover the first two deliveries Mr Steed."
He said firmly.
"And I will start you on a running tap if there is more. Now while you are here would you like to collected what is already in your box?"
He asked, his feathers still a little ruffled but he was polite and helpful non the less.

[Colin's Apartment.]

"Man I haven't played chess in a long time. Chess and I have a weird love/hate relationship. I love imagining myself playing it but actually playing it makes me strangely angry..." Serge said.

"Chess can be a bit frustrating if you play with someone much better than you and until you get into it."
Beatrice said and nodded.
"I am not particularly good at it, but my Mentor likes playing so I have learned."

"No Beatrice moves her piece back one and then I roll since I'm the player left of you." Serge said picking up the dice and rolling them. The die tumbled around the board before finally landing on a 5.

"Ok so I rolled a 5 meaning Beatrice is safe for now and her turn ends. If I had rolled something other than a 5 or an 8 than Beatrice would move back another space and Kyle would then roll. It's actually quite a terrifying space to land on."

"I see, it is a place that that set you back quite a bit then."
Beatrice said as she moved her piece back.
"I guess it is your turn then Serge."
She said and sipped her juice, there was at this point a soft rattle at the window and the young Verbena stood.
"Excuse me I am just going to let Jareth in."
She explained as she went to the kitchen window, opened it and let Colin's owl friend in, the bird flew around the kitchen a few turns then he landed next to the gaming board and plucked at the crocodile piece.
"No Jareth."
Anna said and the bird turned to her and gave her a I am cute of course I am allowed look. Beatrice sat back down.
"Sorry about that, now where was we?"

[Jeffry's Office]

His eyebrows went up as he read the message, clearly bewildered. Then he checked the time it was supposedly sent and against his own phone and shook his head. "I have no idea where that came from...this doesn't make sense..."

"But the sender identification say it is from you."
Jeffry protested and pointed.
"Is it possible to send such a letter and mark it to be from another person, I don't understand?"
He said sounding rather confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:49 am

[Umbrial Port]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a look as though she was going to deny it, then gave a wry little smile, took the package and slipped it in her coat pocket. 'Think if I was caught, it being in my pocket would be the least of my worries. Thanks.' clearly a little suspicious.

Unless the was anything else, Nicole will head back to the car...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next