Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 6 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:35 pm

[Colins' Room]

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir...yeah...we will be right back to it."
Anna muttered weakly as she applied the ice to her arms. Amadeus continued his examination seemingly not even noticing you where there.

Serge realized that with Master Nassa, Beatrice, Kyle and himself the bathroom was getting quite crowded. "I'll be nearby if you need me." Serge said kindly and he left to perform the tasks that Beatrice had asked of him.

Anja wrote:"That is what we are going to have to find out, the problem is I am not so sure the problem will be contained in space even if it started here, it is worth a try to move her at least, we can take her to my room, my sofa is comfortable."
Narim replied.

"Do you guys know what the problem even is? You mentioned something weird with time but it looks like Anna just got sick all of a sudden."

Anja wrote:You had to go out in the hallway where Adley was to get a proper signal, but then you got the message sent.
Adley wrote:"The Primus said he didn't think it was related to the room, he's doing some sort of work, do you think that would interfere?" Then he noticed that Serge was texting. "If you're trying to contact Colin, he's got a scrambler on his room, that's why I'm outside..." he said. "Hrm, maybe he can't pick up where he is..." he said. "I assume you're telling him what's going on so I'll hang up..."

"Yeah. I noticed it when I was trying to rapidfire text all of you guys." Serge said with a nod. "I told him the basics of what's going on. Right now Beatrice just wanted to know if Anna's collar is blocking all of her magick. Apparently Anna feels that her sensory magick is feels dulled and dampened."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 6 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 pm

[On the Trail]
Anja wrote:"I agree we do not need the super rich, someone being wealthy are not problem but the super rich have amassed far to much of the combined wealth in one person. I however do not think it is acceptable to murder someone because they have to much money. However there should be fair taxation where those who have more contribute more to the community than those who have less."
Adjan said and nodded.
"I am not so sure I agree with seizing someone's assets though saying you earn to much so therefore we have the right to take what is yours by force, that is to much government control for me but there should be fair taxation."
Colin nodded, "Seizing everything would not be good. However, no one man can fairly make that much money on their own; there's most certainly some exploitation or crime somewhere in the lineage - the vast majority of the super-rich have inherited their wealth, or the foundations of it. Get a sharp top tax and inheritance tax in, and you've come a long way already."

[Café]
Anja wrote:"That might be so but I still do not think it is a good idea to actively contact a Paradox Spirit Colin, there have to be another way to solve this, if the spirit in question would even let himself be summoned in the first place."
Adjan said and he raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "I am not suggesting to call him in first, mind - just that if all other options are exhausted first, I will not be afraid to make the attempt."

Anja wrote:Adjan came over and picked up his treat.
"Much obliged."
He said and took a bite of it. The woman behind the counter looked skeptical for a moment then she sigh.
"Mr Cavaletti are a regular, I do hope he is okey. My nephew spoke of someone looking...odd in here but I ignored him, you know kids...I guess seeing the tape would do no harm...if you would come with me to the office Sir?"
She said then she turned to the kid washing tables and called.
"Frankie...mind the counter would you!"
The kid shrugged and nodded and came around to as he was told by his aunt and the woman turned and begun to lead the way to a small room in the back.
He nodded and followed the woman, pistachio ice cream in hand, "Thank you. We have an approximate description of the person we suspect may be the culprit. Though it might be good to ask your nephew's description of the person, as well, see if they match..."
He looked to Adjan, "Would you handle that while we're checking the footage?"
He glanced to Nicole, "Coming? And do get your ice cream."

Jeremy wrote:"Hey. Master Nassa is here and is checking up on Anna. Bee wanted to know if Anna's collar completely blocks her magick."
He frowned deeply, replying quickly, 'It's not the collar; the timeline in which she's spent the past two months of the serum is bleeding through - I found a used syringe in my pocket, flickering in and out of reality. If Mr. Darehill and Master Steelhaven can't figure anything out, and we're without clues as to the cause, please confer with our various Deacons about the wisdom of calling in a certain wrinkly old man to ask for help in sorting out the problem.'
He paused for a moment, then sent Adley a message, 'Timelines are trying to overlap, causing Anna to be on the serum she's not on. Could you try to ask Deaconess O'Connor for counsel, as well as Master Steelhaven and Mr. Darehill? Prefer to not have to invite Wrinkle again.'

((OOC: Colin may well have frozen peas in there, yeah, but they just might flicker a little; useful for soothing injection marks, but he prefers canned peas for eating. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:16 am

[Colins' Room]

Anja wrote:He frowned deeply, replying quickly, 'It's not the collar; the timeline in which she's spent the past two months of the serum is bleeding through - I found a used syringe in my pocket, flickering in and out of reality. If Mr. Darehill and Master Steelhaven can't figure anything out, and we're without clues as to the cause, please confer with our various Deacons about the wisdom of calling in a certain wrinkly old man to ask for help in sorting out the problem.'

Serge read the reply a couple of times to be sure he understood it properly. "Oh that's how it's time-related. That...is freaky." he said in an understanding tone.

Serge walked back into Colin's room to relay the message to Beatrice. "Hey Bee. Mr. Wainwright said that its not the collar that's muffling her magick. Apparently the effect of another timeline are leaking in this one. In the other timeline Anna's body was under the effect of the serum so our timeline's Anna is feeling those effects as well."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 am

[Colin's Room]

"The Primus said he didn't think it was related to the room, he's doing some sort of work, do you think that would interfere?" Then he noticed that Serge was texting. "If you're trying to contact Colin, he's got a scrambler on his room, that's why I'm outside..." he said. "Hrm, maybe he can't pick up where he is..." he said. "I assume you're telling him what's going on so I'll hang up..."

"I don't know this is not something I have an expertise in, but you are right we should wait and see what the Primus have to say first just to be sure we do not disturb his working."
Narim said and he gave a worried frown.

Serge realized that with Master Nassa, Beatrice, Kyle and himself the bathroom was getting quite crowded. "I'll be nearby if you need me." Serge said kindly and he left to perform the tasks that Beatrice had asked of him.

"I probably should go to."
Kyle said and he followed you out of the bathroom, reluctant to leave his friend but realizing all he could do in the bath right now was get in the way of the healers doing their work.

"Do you guys know what the problem even is? You mentioned something weird with time but it looks like Anna just got sick all of a sudden."

"Yes then you know about as much as we do Serge, something odd is happening with time."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.

"Yeah. I noticed it when I was trying to rapidfire text all of you guys." Serge said with a nod. "I told him the basics of what's going on. Right now Beatrice just wanted to know if Anna's collar is blocking all of her magick. Apparently Anna feels that her sensory magick is feels dulled and dampened."

"Should we check on her Avatar if her magick is not working, perhaps something is wrong there, perhaps a clogging up of Paradox?"
Narim asked and you heard from inside the bathroom fro Master Nassa.
"I checked her soul is fine, well as fine as a Fallen soul gets."

Serge read the reply a couple of times to be sure he understood it properly. "Oh that's how it's time-related. That...is freaky." he said in an understanding tone.

Serge walked back into Colin's room to relay the message to Beatrice. "Hey Bee. Mr. Wainwright said that its not the collar that's muffling her magick. Apparently the effect of another timeline are leaking in this one. In the other timeline Anna's body was under the effect of the serum so our timeline's Anna is feeling those effects as well."

Beatrice's eyes widened a little then she made a gesture for you to lower your voice and whispered.
"That would explain the bruises but quiet do not let Anna know this it might freak her out. The question is ow do we treat this?"
The Verbena asked.
"Another timeline bleeding into ours...that do not sound good."
She said looking worried.
"Do Anna is on the Serum and not? Well no wonder she feel sick that shit makes you feel terrible."
Kyle commented.
"How do we stop this?"

[On the Trail]

Colin nodded, "Seizing everything would not be good. However, no one man can fairly make that much money on their own; there's most certainly some exploitation or crime somewhere in the lineage - the vast majority of the super-rich have inherited their wealth, or the foundations of it. Get a sharp top tax and inheritance tax in, and you've come a long way already."

"Getting a sharp top tax I agree with an inheritance tax over a certain value, I do however not agree with how some European countries do it where people loose their childhood homes, just regular houses because the inheritance tax is to high. I do not agree with going in and saying you own to much so now we will take so and so much of what you own though, even with the super rich, having increased taxes for the top though that would be a good thing."
Adjan said and nodded.

[Café]

He nodded, "I am not suggesting to call him in first, mind - just that if all other options are exhausted first, I will not be afraid to make the attempt."

"Well as a last resort I guess it is...an option."
The Euthanathos said still sounding unconvinced.

He nodded and followed the woman, pistachio ice cream in hand, "Thank you. We have an approximate description of the person we suspect may be the culprit. Though it might be good to ask your nephew's description of the person, as well, see if they match..."
He looked to Adjan, "Would you handle that while we're checking the footage?"
He glanced to Nicole, "Coming? And do get your ice cream."

"Yes certainly just do not take up so much of his time that he can not mind his job."
The cafe owner, probably Karen herself, commented. Adjan nodded as he took another bite of his treat.
"I will talk with him."
He said and nodded to you and Karen before he headed towards the counter again to talk with the teenager working there.

(OOC: Yes the door is open.)
(OOC 2: Well Anna likes to add peas to omelets so there might be some frozen peas in the fridge anyway, canned ones is good for stews but get to mushy for omelets.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 am

[Travelling]

'Oh, and you think the Oligarchy will allow you to do those nice little reforms?' Nicole replied, giving a sneer at both Colin's and Adjan's "reformist" suggestions. 'No fucking way they will. The country is their plaything. The party machines will make sure such candidates do not get elected, that the proposals fail due to the special interest puppets, that the courts strike down any stragglers which get through, the media will whip up a hate-crowd, the Very Serious Person comes on warning that we'll all die if the rich pay more tax, that businesses move offshore to escape? Didn't either of you learn a single thing from the examples of Obamacare and the bank bailouts?'

'You talk of democracy. Do we have it here? A choice between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb is a false one, it is. Half of them are owned by the lobbyists, the other half weak-hearted, self-serving careerists. Let me make this clear; the Oligarchy controls the state. It has managed to destroy the heart of democracy while keeping the image of it. Do not fall into the trick the Oligarchy wants you to believe; that only our system is "democracy", that there can't be other ways of doing it.'

'And the fact the Oligarchy's ally or perhaps boss is the Union is something we can't ignore.'

Colin's Post:

'Quite some time. You look hard to kill.' ending with a smirk. 'Anyway, a complete economic collapse would ruin you, even if there wasn't a looter in sight. But it's great, no; the Oligarchy has bought your support for their system by giving you a tiny slice to lose if things change.'

[Café]

Colin's Post:

'Brave young person?' her confusion obvious.

Colin's Posts:

'I'll just wait here...' Nicole replied, holding her cone; leaning a little on the counter, out of the way - and clearly keeping a lookout on the entrances.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

[On the Trail]
Nicole wrote:'Oh, and you think the Oligarchy will allow you to do those nice little reforms?' Nicole replied, giving a sneer at both Colin's and Adjan's "reformist" suggestions. 'No fucking way they will. The country is their plaything. The party machines will make sure such candidates do not get elected, that the proposals fail due to the special interest puppets, that the courts strike down any stragglers which get through, the media will whip up a hate-crowd, the Very Serious Person comes on warning that we'll all die if the rich pay more tax, that businesses move offshore to escape? Didn't either of you learn a single thing from the examples of Obamacare and the bank bailouts?'

'You talk of democracy. Do we have it here? A choice between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb is a false one, it is. Half of them are owned by the lobbyists, the other half weak-hearted, self-serving careerists. Let me make this clear; the Oligarchy controls the state. It has managed to destroy the heart of democracy while keeping the image of it. Do not fall into the trick the Oligarchy wants you to believe; that only our system is "democracy", that there can't be other ways of doing it.'

'And the fact the Oligarchy's ally or perhaps boss is the Union is something we can't ignore.'
Colin frowned, "Well, you're not wrong... though perhaps a little fatalistic. We are Mages; if we were to collectively get our act together and start fighting the Union on the political stage, we might be able to change the face of the world quite drastically - the Union has the upper hand with financial puppeteering, but they have issues with telepathy. The practical problem would be to secure and maintain control over enough politicians for long enough to enact drastic changes. The moral and ethical problems, well... let's not even get started on that..."

Nicole wrote:'Quite some time. You look hard to kill.' ending with a smirk. 'Anyway, a complete economic collapse would ruin you, even if there wasn't a looter in sight. But it's great, no; the Oligarchy has bought your support for their system by giving you a tiny slice to lose if things change.'
He smiled wryly, "I am rather durable, yes. And an economic collapse might not leave me as buggered as you would think - I am independent, and I have a certain set of marketable skills that would be able to carry me. The benefit of having found a niche that cannot be easily erased by automation or assembly line manufacturing. No, the Oligarchy has no such support of mine; the megacorporations and their filthy fiscal whores need to be taken down - small shops like mine might run a small risk in a collapse, but compared to how they've generally flourished when there weren't giant superstores and bloody Walmart to compete with? A collapse might be more to my advantage than detriment."

Anja wrote:"Getting a sharp top tax I agree with an inheritance tax over a certain value, I do however not agree with how some European countries do it where people loose their childhood homes, just regular houses because the inheritance tax is to high. I do not agree with going in and saying you own to much so now we will take so and so much of what you own though, even with the super rich, having increased taxes for the top though that would be a good thing."
Adjan said and nodded.
He nodded "A fair inheritance tax might include a limitation, let us say for example no tax on inherited land and buildings, or even family businesses, unless sold off within the first five years. Someone inheriting their parents' home to live in it wouldn't want to sell it anyway, and would not be subjected to that tax, whereas someone who intended to sell the house at the first opportunity anyway would perhaps be less happy with the taxation, but still want to sell the house with a minimum of maintenance costs in the interim."

[Café]
Nicole wrote:'Brave young person?' her confusion obvious.
He didn't even twitch in the direction of a smile, "You'll figure it out someday. Might give me a dirty look when you do..."

Anja wrote:"Well as a last resort I guess it is...an option."
The Euthanathos said still sounding unconvinced.
He nodded, "Let's hope our Chronomancers at home find out something first, shall we?"

Anja wrote:"Yes certainly just do not take up so much of his time that he can not mind his job."
The cafe owner, probably Karen herself, commented. Adjan nodded as he took another bite of his treat.
"I will talk with him."
He said and nodded to you and Karen before he headed towards the counter again to talk with the teenager working there.
Nicole wrote:'I'll just wait here...' Nicole replied, holding her cone; leaning a little on the counter, out of the way - and clearly keeping a lookout on the entrances.
He nodded and followed Karen into the back, putting on his glasses, "Very well, then. Just after 4 PM yesterday. How long do you usually keep the surveillance footage?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:27 pm

[Travelling]

'Oh, and you think the Oligarchy will allow you to do those nice little reforms?' Nicole replied, giving a sneer at both Colin's and Adjan's "reformist" suggestions. 'No fucking way they will. The country is their plaything. The party machines will make sure such candidates do not get elected, that the proposals fail due to the special interest puppets, that the courts strike down any stragglers which get through, the media will whip up a hate-crowd, the Very Serious Person comes on warning that we'll all die if the rich pay more tax, that businesses move offshore to escape? Didn't either of you learn a single thing from the examples of Obamacare and the bank bailouts?'

"That there are even a thing as Obamacare is a step forward."
Adjan said.
"Even if it is not perfect, and like I said it will take time. Here is the thing Nicole, murdering tons of innocent people in a bloody revolt is not going to make the situation better for anyone, all you will have is more dead people, more widows more orphans and more pain, social change takes time and it have to take the time it want to take, only through actual social reformed achieved by the people will the people get power. You can not improve a democracy with bullets. And the thing is I would rather live in this society we have here than the Soviet Union where everyone was equally screwed."

You talk of democracy. Do we have it here? A choice between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb is a false one, it is. Half of them are owned by the lobbyists, the other half weak-hearted, self-serving careerists. Let me make this clear; the Oligarchy controls the state. It has managed to destroy the heart of democracy while keeping the image of it. Do not fall into the trick the Oligarchy wants you to believe; that only our system is "democracy", that there can't be other ways of doing it.'

"And what do you suggjest as an alternative to a democracy Miss Bouchard for if you look at the world we are definitively not perfect but we are far less fucked up than the nations around the world who are not democracies."
The Euthanathos challenged.

"The Union have their fingers in all government pies, which is a problem, however remember the Protocols, we can not go around and murder sleepers to topple governments in order to try to hit the Union."
Adjan said and he shook his head.

'Quite some time. You look hard to kill.' ending with a smirk. 'Anyway, a complete economic collapse would ruin you, even if there wasn't a looter in sight. But it's great, no; the Oligarchy has bought your support for their system by giving you a tiny slice to lose if things change.'

"Is that what you aim for Miss Bouchard total economic collapse with the death and terror which will come with it as society stop working, hospitals no longer function and we go back to living as hunter gatherers with a child mortality of over fifty percent, for I can tell you right now that is not something I support, I would rather have your bogymen in their mansions than that."
Adjan declared and shook his head.

He smiled wryly, "I am rather durable, yes. And an economic collapse might not leave me as buggered as you would think - I am independent, and I have a certain set of marketable skills that would be able to carry me. The benefit of having found a niche that cannot be easily erased by automation or assembly line manufacturing. No, the Oligarchy has no such support of mine; the megacorporations and their filthy fiscal whores need to be taken down - small shops like mine might run a small risk in a collapse, but compared to how they've generally flourished when there weren't giant superstores and bloody Walmart to compete with? A collapse might be more to my advantage than detriment."

"It is not Colin who are in the most danger in a political collapse Miss Bouchard, as he says he is a craftsman and can generally find work, regular folks who just try to feed their kids though are the one who will suffer. Yes the super rich and the way money controls politics have to go, but not in a way that bring us back to a pre industrial world or in a way that will hurt the innocent, that is far to high a price to pay."
Adjan said and frowned.

He nodded "A fair inheritance tax might include a limitation, let us say for example no tax on inherited land and buildings, or even family businesses, unless sold off within the first five years. Someone inheriting their parents' home to live in it wouldn't want to sell it anyway, and would not be subjected to that tax, whereas someone who intended to sell the house at the first opportunity anyway would perhaps be less happy with the taxation, but still want to sell the house with a minimum of maintenance costs in the interim."

"I like that idea, that sounds fair."
The death magus said and he nodded approvingly having nothing to add to your proposal really.

[Café]

'I'll just wait here...' Nicole replied, holding her cone; leaning a little on the counter, out of the way - and clearly keeping a lookout on the entrances.

Adjan limped over to the counter and begun to talk with the teenager only stopping each time he served a customer in search of ice cream. Adjan picked up his note book and made notes of what the boy said his frown deepening at what he heard.
"Yeah so I thought he looked rather odd you know, I mean there was just something about him and that list of names he had, I mean it could be a list of names from yesterday's party or something and he was calling to see who had lost a gold earring but the way he hid it when he caught me looking make me think that was not it."
The teenager said and Adjan nodded.
"Hum...and this man with the list what did he look like?"
He asked and the kid shrugged.
"Normal really, average height, short, scruffy brown hair, black rimmed glasses, he looked like a hipster who have a office job so he could not go full hipster in his work time sort of."
The boy said which made the Euthanathos raise an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Let's hope our Chronomancers at home find out something first, shall we?"

"Indeed let us hope so."
Adley said wryly.
"As plan B is not very appealing."

He nodded and followed Karen into the back, putting on his glasses, "Very well, then. Just after 4 PM yesterday. How long do you usually keep the surveillance footage?"

"About a week then our hard drives fill up and we have to delete the tapes...hum 4 PM yesterday...ok...let me see...here we are."
She said scrolling though the video stream. Some minutes passed by with a few customers coming and going and then you saw a man with short dark hair rise from his seat to get in line behind the Technocrat from the infirmary in the Umbral port, briefly touching the man before he got his treat and then hurried out the door, the Technocrat jumped slightly but then shrugged, got his order and left.

(OOC: Well the eye doctor told me my eyes are odd, they appearly move oddly, work better than they should and have odd ways of seeing making the entire department scratch their heads. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:40 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:Beatrice's eyes widened a little then she made a gesture for you to lower your voice and whispered.
"That would explain the bruises but quiet do not let Anna know this it might freak her out. The question is ow do we treat this?"
The Verbena asked.
"Another timeline bleeding into ours...that do not sound good."
She said looking worried.
"Do Anna is on the Serum and not? Well no wonder she feel sick that shit makes you feel terrible."
Kyle commented.
"How do we stop this?"

Serge lowered his voice and said, "I'm guessing it's similar to Adley's phone problem. So yeah she's both on the serum and not on the serum at the same time. As for stopping it..." he looked at his phone for a moment, "Mr. Wainwright suggested calling on our Time Wizards and Deacons. If that didn't work he wanted to bring out the really big guns. But calling in the experts first seems like the way to go."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:29 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'A good plea of the "things could be worse" and "in the long run, things will get better" schools of thought.' Nicole replied, a definite derisive tone to her voice. 'Which are all crap arguments; the first can justify anything "for there is always something worse" and in the long run we are all dead.'

'You don't get it. You clearly think the system itself is okay, just needs some maintenance and tweaks. I think it's a complete pile of crap and should be slung into the dustbin of history before it takes the whole planet with it. You know there were folk saying the same lines you are, right here in this city some... two-fifty year back, right? "No, don't rock the boat, we simply should continue asking the British to stop jerking us around all nicely 'till they do so". Or... hundred-fifty year back. "No, we need to reform slavery. 'Cos trying to push the issue too quick will cause people to die". Screw that. Sometimes, history gets stuck in a rut, it needs a good push so things can get better. Better that a few die now to save the future than simply let everyone slowly bleed out due to lack of action. Like cutting off the arm jammed in a machine so the rest of the body can be saved.'

'I didn't say democracy itself was bad. What I said was that we don't have democracy in the US. I ain't book-smart or nothing, but know our system ain't the only game in town. That's simply one of the lies the Oligarchy wants you to think. And while the rules say we can't jerk the Mundies about, it says nothing about getting them to realise how they're being jerked about by the Oligarchy.' ending with a little, slightly evil-looking grin.

Colin's Post:

'What? I don't want Walmart gone. It's efficient, run using advanced science and tech. Plus, it supplies millions each day with their dinner. No machine-breaking!' Nicole replied, somewhat paradoxically.

[Cafe]

Colin's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, though gave a clearly suspicious look.

As the other two did their thing, she continued to watch their surroundings... [Skip turn]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:01 pm

[Travelling]

'A good plea of the "things could be worse" and "in the long run, things will get better" schools of thought.' Nicole replied, a definite derisive tone to her voice. 'Which are all crap arguments; the first can justify anything "for there is always something worse" and in the long run we are all dead.'

"You can choose to dismiss my argument with that being but everything can always be worse if you wish Miss Bouchard, however saying having a flawed system is better than and armed and bloody revolution filled with innocent corpses is not that. Sometimes a less than perfect situation are better than an atrocity."
Adjan said flatly.

'You don't get it. You clearly think the system itself is okay, just needs some maintenance and tweaks. I think it's a complete pile of crap and should be slung into the dustbin of history before it takes the whole planet with it. You know there were folk saying the same lines you are, right here in this city some... two-fifty year back, right? "No, don't rock the boat, we simply should continue asking the British to stop jerking us around all nicely 'till they do so". Or... hundred-fifty year back. "No, we need to reform slavery. 'Cos trying to push the issue too quick will cause people to die". Screw that. Sometimes, history gets stuck in a rut, it needs a good push so things can get better. Better that a few die now to save the future than simply let everyone slowly bleed out due to lack of action. Like cutting off the arm jammed in a machine so the rest of the body can be saved.'

"You are comparing my views to supporting slavery Miss Bouchard?"
Adjan said in a very pointed tone of voice.
"Are there times to act, yes are this the time to do so no, you can not compare a system that routinely dehumanize, sell and torture to death human beings to a system where some have more wealth than others. Are there rotten things in the current system yes, will a bloody revolution make anything better no, it will kill allot of people, most of them the innocent with no gain other than making gun happy idealists feel they do something, will it make anyone less poor, no, will it give any form of justice, no what it will do is give some with more idealism than sense the feeling that they are taking down their bogymen, but they do so at the expense of the defenseless and that can not be allowed to be!"
The Euthanathos said darkly.
"Using politics and diplomacy will actually help people, but off course it is less rar rar cut the head of the king to make some hot headed idealists feel better and instead is actual change that stick and which work."

'I didn't say democracy itself was bad. What I said was that we don't have democracy in the US. I ain't book-smart or nothing, but know our system ain't the only game in town. That's simply one of the lies the Oligarchy wants you to think. And while the rules say we can't jerk the Mundies about, it says nothing about getting them to realise how they're being jerked about by the Oligarchy.' ending with a little, slightly evil-looking grin.

"We have problems with the democracy in USA we need to get money out of politics, but pray tell how do you think things should work, what sort of system of government do you think will work Miss Bouchard?"
The death magus asked.
"Either you have an idea of what should rise up in the wake of your bloody revolution or you should perhaps plan that out before you dream of starting one."
He said and raised an eyebrow.

'What? I don't want Walmart gone. It's efficient, run using advanced science and tech. Plus, it supplies millions each day with their dinner. No machine-breaking!' Nicole replied, somewhat paradoxically.

"And what exactly do you think would happen att a total economic collapse Miss Bouchard?"
Adjan asked and he glanced back at Nicole and raised an eyebrow again.

[Colin's Room]

Serge lowered his voice and said, "I'm guessing it's similar to Adley's phone problem. So yeah she's both on the serum and not on the serum at the same time. As for stopping it..." he looked at his phone for a moment, "Mr. Wainwright suggested calling on our Time Wizards and Deacons. If that didn't work he wanted to bring out the really big guns. But calling in the experts first seems like the way to go."

Narim nodded at that.
"Agreed, Master Steelhaven will be down here when he is done casting a divination on the problem, but getting Mara and Mr Darehill to look at it as well is not a bad idea, could you send a message to you uncle Serge and ask him to help us and I will co locate and try to get a hold of Mara."
The Virtual Adept said and Beatrice gave you a odd look.
"If Master Steelhaven is not the big gun...who then is?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:08 pm

[Travelling]
Anja wrote:"That there are even a thing as Obamacare is a step forward."
Adjan said.
"Even if it is not perfect, and like I said it will take time. Here is the thing Nicole, murdering tons of innocent people in a bloody revolt is not going to make the situation better for anyone, all you will have is more dead people, more widows more orphans and more pain, social change takes time and it have to take the time it want to take, only through actual social reformed achieved by the people will the people get power. You can not improve a democracy with bullets. And the thing is I would rather live in this society we have here than the Soviet Union where everyone was equally screwed."

"And what do you suggjest as an alternative to a democracy Miss Bouchard for if you look at the world we are definitively not perfect but we are far less fucked up than the nations around the world who are not democracies."
The Euthanathos challenged.

"The Union have their fingers in all government pies, which is a problem, however remember the Protocols, we can not go around and murder sleepers to topple governments in order to try to hit the Union."
Adjan said and he shook his head.

"Is that what you aim for Miss Bouchard total economic collapse with the death and terror which will come with it as society stop working, hospitals no longer function and we go back to living as hunter gatherers with a child mortality of over fifty percent, for I can tell you right now that is not something I support, I would rather have your bogymen in their mansions than that."
Adjan declared and shook his head.

"It is not Colin who are in the most danger in a political collapse Miss Bouchard, as he says he is a craftsman and can generally find work, regular folks who just try to feed their kids though are the one who will suffer. Yes the super rich and the way money controls politics have to go, but not in a way that bring us back to a pre industrial world or in a way that will hurt the innocent, that is far to high a price to pay."
Adjan said and frowned.
Nicole wrote:'A good plea of the "things could be worse" and "in the long run, things will get better" schools of thought.' Nicole replied, a definite derisive tone to her voice. 'Which are all crap arguments; the first can justify anything "for there is always something worse" and in the long run we are all dead.'

Anja wrote:"You can choose to dismiss my argument with that being but everything can always be worse if you wish Miss Bouchard, however saying having a flawed system is better than and armed and bloody revolution filled with innocent corpses is not that. Sometimes a less than perfect situation are better than an atrocity."
Adjan said flatly.

"You are comparing my views to supporting slavery Miss Bouchard?"
Adjan said in a very pointed tone of voice.
"Are there times to act, yes are this the time to do so no, you can not compare a system that routinely dehumanize, sell and torture to death human beings to a system where some have more wealth than others. Are there rotten things in the current system yes, will a bloody revolution make anything better no, it will kill allot of people, most of them the innocent with no gain other than making gun happy idealists feel they do something, will it make anyone less poor, no, will it give any form of justice, no what it will do is give some with more idealism than sense the feeling that they are taking down their bogymen, but they do so at the expense of the defenseless and that can not be allowed to be!"
The Euthanathos said darkly.
"Using politics and diplomacy will actually help people, but off course it is less rar rar cut the head of the king to make some hot headed idealists feel better and instead is actual change that stick and which work."

"We have problems with the democracy in USA we need to get money out of politics, but pray tell how do you think things should work, what sort of system of government do you think will work Miss Bouchard?"
The death magus asked.
"Either you have an idea of what should rise up in the wake of your bloody revolution or you should perhaps plan that out before you dream of starting one."
He said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Tweaks and maintenance would be something of an understatement; much of the system needs a complete scrapping, but the Revolution was a different situation, where America separated itself from an outside government - and that was the right thing to do. And there was no 'reform' of slavery a hundred and fifty years ago, that was a bloody civil war to, among other things, put an end to the whole bloody practice. A practice which, I might add, was one of the most abusive incarnations of slavery in the history of slavery. A nuke-and-pave approach today, though, would quickly prove more costly - vastly more so - than a slightly slower, more methodical approach. To use your surgical simile, overthrowing everything and starting from scratch would be the equivalent of amputating the body to save the arm - and odds are the ones with stockpiled resources would be largely able to make their escape, leaving the less affluent behind to die from starvation, disease and cold in the first two years. And you are right, the US is effectively an Oligarchy rather than a Democracy; a large part of the problem is that the head of state is elected with a hard term limit, while the members of the legislature can stay seated for the better part of a century. Changing that one element alone would create greater difficulties for the Oligarchy right there - making sure their paid stooges are only good for a short while."

Nicole wrote:'What? I don't want Walmart gone. It's efficient, run using advanced science and tech. Plus, it supplies millions each day with their dinner. No machine-breaking!' Nicole replied, somewhat paradoxically.
Anja wrote:"And what exactly do you think would happen att a total economic collapse Miss Bouchard?"
Adjan asked and he glanced back at Nicole and raised an eyebrow again.
He arched an eyebrow, "Walmart is perhaps the single most abhorrently greedy company of its kind. I would not object to them anywhere near as much if they actually paid their employees a living wage. As it is, they've got a substantial number of outright wage slaves barely surviving through food stamps, from which Walmart profits even further. If you want to strike at the Oligarchy to get people out of poverty, the fucking Waltons should be at the top of your hit list..."

[Café]
Anja wrote:"Indeed let us hope so."
Adley said wryly.
"As plan B is not very appealing."
He grimaced, "Let us call it plan F, as in 'Fuck it, we're out of good options", shall we? That way, we've still got to try a few things before we get to that..."

Anja wrote:"About a week then our hard drives fill up and we have to delete the tapes...hum 4 PM yesterday...ok...let me see...here we are."
She said scrolling though the video stream. Some minutes passed by with a few customers coming and going and then you saw a man with short dark hair rise from his seat to get in line behind the Technocrat from the infirmary in the Umbral port, briefly touching the man before he got his treat and then hurried out the door, the Technocrat jumped slightly but then shrugged, got his order and left.
He looked closer at the screen, and nodded, "I've seen what i need... Could you extract a still of this chap, or a short video clip and send it to... one moment..."
He took out his notebook and wrote down one of Narim's throwaway e-mail addresses, tearing out the note, "...this address? And thank you for your help - we suspect this chap has attacked others in the same way."

((OOC: So, basically, the eye doc says your eyes are exceeding expectations? ))

((OOC2: So, is it just me, or are Nicole's arguments beginning to wave a few very big, red flags here? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:11 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:Narim nodded at that.
"Agreed, Master Steelhaven will be down here when he is done casting a divination on the problem, but getting Mara and Mr Darehill to look at it as well is not a bad idea, could you send a message to you uncle Serge and ask him to help us and I will co locate and try to get a hold of Mara."
The Virtual Adept said and Beatrice gave you a odd look.
"If Master Steelhaven is not the big gun...who then is?"

"Errr..." Serge whispered nervously, looking at the text for a third time to make sure he was reading it right. "He said if none of the above worked we should ask the Deacons to call on a certain 'wrinkly old man'. Which I'm guessing is referring to Old Man Wrinkle the insanely powerful and terrifying paradox spirit."

"Let's hope we don't have to go that far. Even I think that's insane." he said as he left the room to contact his Uncle.

He opened his phone once again and began to type out another message and sent it to his Uncle:

"Yo Ryan. We have a bit of a time emergency here. Do you think you can come to Mr. Wainwrights room ASAP."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 pm

[Travelling]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Tweaks and maintenance would be something of an understatement; much of the system needs a complete scrapping, but the Revolution was a different situation, where America separated itself from an outside government - and that was the right thing to do. And there was no 'reform' of slavery a hundred and fifty years ago, that was a bloody civil war to, among other things, put an end to the whole bloody practice. A practice which, I might add, was one of the most abusive incarnations of slavery in the history of slavery. A nuke-and-pave approach today, though, would quickly prove more costly - vastly more so - than a slightly slower, more methodical approach.

Adjan gave a nod to this.
"Agreed, the situation was different, rebelling again another nation continuing to claim control over your nation, or fighting to among other things end slavery, and between two vastly opposite ideologies are one thing, starting a bloody revolution because one can not wait for a slower, saver approach to change a political system one don't like though is a different story."
The death magus agreed.

To use your surgical simile, overthrowing everything and starting from scratch would be the equivalent of amputating the body to save the arm - and odds are the ones with stockpiled resources would be largely able to make their escape, leaving the less affluent behind to die from starvation, disease and cold in the first two years. And you are right, the US is effectively an Oligarchy rather than a Democracy; a large part of the problem is that the head of state is elected with a hard term limit, while the members of the legislature can stay seated for the better part of a century. Changing that one element alone would create greater difficulties for the Oligarchy right there - making sure their paid stooges are only good for a short while."

"Indeed, like I said it is a poor families and struggling students who would suffer if society collapsed not the ones with stockpiled resources and near private armies."
Adjan agreed.
"Like Colin says the question is not between destroy the economy and shoot everyone on one end and leave everything as it is on the other, but between how one can change things, and do as little damage as possible in the process."

[Café]

He grimaced, "Let us call it plan F, as in 'Fuck it, we're out of good options", shall we? That way, we've still got to try a few things before we get to that..."

The death magus chuckled at that.
"Yes...let us hope one of the good options work then."
He declared.
"And that we do not get to option F."

He looked closer at the screen, and nodded, "I've seen what i need... Could you extract a still of this chap, or a short video clip and send it to... one moment..."
He took out his notebook and wrote down one of Narim's throwaway e-mail addresses, tearing out the note, "...this address? And thank you for your help - we suspect this chap has attacked others in the same way."

"Yeah sure."
Karen said and she took the offered note before she asked.
"So eh are you guys private investigators or anything? Do I need to contact the police or do anything? I don't want to get into trouble here."

[Colin's Room]

"Errr..." Serge whispered nervously, looking at the text for a third time to make sure he was reading it right. "He said if none of the above worked we should ask the Deacons to call on a certain 'wrinkly old man'. Which I'm guessing is referring to Old Man Wrinkle the insanely powerful and terrifying paradox spirit."

Beatrice just looked at you dumbfounded at that commented. Narim though snapped around to stare at you.
"Mr Wainwright wants us to summon...ehm no...no no no...no absolutely not no!"
The Virtual Adept said looking rather shocked the he turned to look at Adley.
"Your Cabalmate is not serious is he Adley?"
He asked.
"He can not actually mean to ask us to contact a Paradox Spirit, much less THAT Paradox Spirit."

"Let's hope we don't have to go that far. Even I think that's insane." he said as he left the room to contact his Uncle.

"Yeah...it seams Master Sharaya thinks that is a little insane as well."
Beatrice muttered.
"And he is not wrong so yes let us find another alternative than that."
She added and shook her head.

He opened his phone once again and began to type out another message and sent it to his Uncle:

"Yo Ryan. We have a bit of a time emergency here. Do you think you can come to Mr. Wainwrights room ASAP."

You got a reply back from your uncle which read.
"Ok I am on my way..."

(OOC: Yeah pretty much, basically he said as much as these eyes should not work as well as they do, and yet they do.)

(OOC 2: Well Adjan is not a happy little mystic at the moment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:Beatrice just looked at you dumbfounded at that commented. Narim though snapped around to stare at you.
He asked.
"He can not actually mean to ask us to contact a Paradox Spirit, much less THAT Paradox Spirit."
Anja wrote:"Yeah...it seams Master Sharaya thinks that is a little insane as well."
Beatrice muttered.
"And he is not wrong so yes let us find another alternative than that."
She added and shook her head.

"The way he phrased it makes it clear that he expects this to be a last resort and that he doesn't want to do it as well. He's probably freaking out about his daughter and is considering all of his options." Serge said trying to alleviate some of the shock among his comrades.

"He said that we should only consider that if we no one is able to do anything and we have no clues as to how to fix the problem. I seriously doubt it'll lead to that so let's not focus on it right now."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from your uncle which read.
"Ok I am on my way..."

Serge nodded to his phone and reentered the room. "Ryan's on his way. He should be able to have a better understanding of this than most other people. How about Deaconess O'Connor?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'What about if the system is already making corpses? Or that change is stopped by those in power threatening to make more?' Nicole shot back.

Anja's Post:

'No, I'm arguing that you're under the impression that a system which is powered by greed, oppression and dehumanising people can be "reformed". By - from the looks of it - repeatedly asking nicely the amoral shits in charge to change their ways. Through a system which is completely rigged against you. And has almost no reason to actually give in. But hey, good luck with that; I just have a desire for results and y'know, within my lifetime.'

Anja's Post:

A soft chuckle to this. 'Ooh, classic; "you must have a fully-formed plan for change before you say we need change". I ain't good at explaining shit like that, but can say I've heard of at least three alternatives that sounded less shit than our current one. But I do know that them Founding Fathers had no plan for that when the Minutemen started firing lead at Redcoats. Perhaps we should go back in time and tell them they did it the wrong way round?'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Yes, it's a poster-child of crappy employers. But a beautiful machine. Much easier to simply take over the machine and give new orders than take a sledge[hammer] to it.'

[I have no idea what you mean, Warp. Nicole's views are moderate and commonplace, yes? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 pm

[Colin's Room]

"The way he phrased it makes it clear that he expects this to be a last resort and that he doesn't want to do it as well. He's probably freaking out about his daughter and is considering all of his options." Serge said trying to alleviate some of the shock among his comrades.

"Even so we are talking about the most powerful Paradox spirit known to our kind!"
Narim protested.
"That is a rather ehm...insane plan B."

"He said that we should only consider that if we no one is able to do anything and we have no clues as to how to fix the problem. I seriously doubt it'll lead to that so let's not focus on it right now."

"You do have a point, and besides I am not sure this is a option, I am not so sure I could vote in favor of summoning Old Man Wrinkle even with a Chantry member in danger, I would have the thirty plus other members to think of."
The Virtual Adept said.
"One moment then and I will try to get Mara."
He said and he pressed his finger against his phone, activating an app.

Serge nodded to his phone and reentered the room. "Ryan's on his way. He should be able to have a better understanding of this than most other people. How about Deaconess O'Connor?"

"She is on her way."
Narim said.
"We are just heading up the stairs from her room now."

[Travelling]

'What about if the system is already making corpses? Or that change is stopped by those in power threatening to make more?' Nicole shot back.

"One have to think numbers, if a handful die with one solution and thousands with another then the choice is clear. Also if those in power directly go on an attack and hold people hostage that is another matter, however what they do are political maneuverings, which one deal with by applying political maneuverings of one's own, protests, rallying people to get engaged and vote and a change in public opinion."
Adjan replied.

'No, I'm arguing that you're under the impression that a system which is powered by greed, oppression and dehumanising people can be "reformed". By - from the looks of it - repeatedly asking nicely the amoral shits in charge to change their ways. Through a system which is completely rigged against you. And has almost no reason to actually give in. But hey, good luck with that; I just have a desire for results and y'know, within my lifetime.'

"I also want results Miss Bouchard but unlike what many believe of my Tradition, the result I want is not corpses at my feet."
Adjan retorted.
"Yes the system can be reformed, some of need to be tweaked, some of it need to be tossed out for good, and no one said it would be easy, however changing a society though a bloody revolution have never been a good idea, that do not lead to a good stable system, it lead to chaos, death and then something worse takes over while society is in an upheaval."

A soft chuckle to this. 'Ooh, classic; "you must have a fully-formed plan for change before you say we need change".

"No, you need a fully formed plan before you call for action through bloodshed Miss Bouchard, and I would hope that is a classic for it is common sense."
The death magus said and he raised an eyebrow.

I ain't good at explaining shit like that, but can say I've heard of at least three alternatives that sounded less shit than our current one. But I do know that them Founding Fathers had no plan for that when the Minutemen started firing lead at Redcoats. Perhaps we should go back in time and tell them they did it the wrong way round?'

"That they have no plan Miss Nicole is something the history books disagree with you on. However yes if someone start a war with no plan other than we want change now then they did it wrong and any positive result was a matter of more luck than anyone have any business having and I would suspect someone quite skilled in Entropy to be behind it. However please to tell me what three other systems do you see as an alternative to a democracy?"
Adjan said and he glanced over at Nicole and raised an eyebrow again.

'Yes, it's a poster-child of crappy employers. But a beautiful machine. Much easier to simply take over the machine and give new orders than take a sledge[hammer] to it.'

"And how where you planning on doing that if you destroy the economy? The very thing a shop would need to function?"
The death magus asked.

(OOC: Clan Brujah would love Nicole. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm

[Travelling]
Nicole wrote:'No, I'm arguing that you're under the impression that a system which is powered by greed, oppression and dehumanising people can be "reformed". By - from the looks of it - repeatedly asking nicely the amoral shits in charge to change their ways. Through a system which is completely rigged against you. And has almost no reason to actually give in. But hey, good luck with that; I just have a desire for results and y'know, within my lifetime.'
Anja wrote:"I also want results Miss Bouchard but unlike what many believe of my Tradition, the result I want is not corpses at my feet."
Adjan retorted.
"Yes the system can be reformed, some of need to be tweaked, some of it need to be tossed out for good, and no one said it would be easy, however changing a society though a bloody revolution have never been a good idea, that do not lead to a good stable system, it lead to chaos, death and then something worse takes over while society is in an upheaval."
Colin nodded, "Nobody says we should try merely 'asking nicely'. Individuals of the old establishment - Senators and Representatives here in the US - need to be replaced by new blood, ones not already deeply entrenched in the corrupt mires. Some... may need to be removed by carefully applied ballistics, granted, but it is generally for the betterment of the country to do so through getting everyone out to vote. That is a severe flaw in the population here; people just don't get out to vote in the midterm elections, leading to the same old guard staying put and growing fatter... but you can't fix that by blowing up Congress. Not in a way with productive results, at any rate."

Nicole wrote:A soft chuckle to this. 'Ooh, classic; "you must have a fully-formed plan for change before you say we need change". I ain't good at explaining shit like that, but can say I've heard of at least three alternatives that sounded less shit than our current one. But I do know that them Founding Fathers had no plan for that when the Minutemen started firing lead at Redcoats. Perhaps we should go back in time and tell them they did it the wrong way round?'
Anja wrote:"No, you need a fully formed plan before you call for action through bloodshed Miss Bouchard, and I would hope that is a classic for it is common sense."
The death magus said and he raised an eyebrow.
Anja wrote:"That they have no plan Miss Nicole is something the history books disagree with you on. However yes if someone start a war with no plan other than we want change now then they did it wrong and any positive result was a matter of more luck than anyone have any business having and I would suspect someone quite skilled in Entropy to be behind it. However please to tell me what three other systems do you see as an alternative to a democracy?"
Adjan said and he glanced over at Nicole and raised an eyebrow again.
He shook his head, "If you believe you need a fully formed plan before you start, you're something of an idiot. What you need is a rough outline of what you mean to do, and the possible outcomes in broad terms. Perhaps specifics on the methods for the first two steps or so, but no more, because no plan survives the first encounter with the enemy. What you do need to have is contingency plans for the three or four most likely outcomes, including a worst-case scenario, and assume that at least something is going to go wrong in a most spectacular way."
He smiled wryly, "Trust me, any war veteran can tell you as much after participating in some operation concocted in the safe confines of HQ..."
He hesitated for a moment, "I'm sure you've heard the saying, that everyone becomes more conservative with age? It is, as I'm sure you know, bullshit of the highest degree, but what most do gain with age is a measure of cunning and patience. I look forward to seeing what you can accomplish once you've cultivated those particular traits."

Nicole wrote:'Yes, it's a poster-child of crappy employers. But a beautiful machine. Much easier to simply take over the machine and give new orders than take a sledge[hammer] to it.'
Anja wrote:"And how where you planning on doing that if you destroy the economy? The very thing a shop would need to function?"
The death magus asked.
He frowned, "I'm not opposed to retaining the corporate structure and simply overhauling the company from the bottom up with respects to wages and employee benefits - but he's right, if you break the economy, the Waltons will take what they can out of the company overnight and bugger off, and you'll be left with an empty shell full of starving people..."

[Café]
Anja wrote:The death magus chuckled at that.
"Yes...let us hope one of the good options work then."
He declared.
"And that we do not get to option F."
He nodded, "Let us indeed hope so. He's a pleasant enough person, but I would rather not take up more of his time than necessary."
He paused, then chuckled, "Well, that was an unintentional joke for the day... I should remember that when the Chief or Adley asks if I've gone insane again..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure."
Karen said and she took the offered note before she asked.
"So eh are you guys private investigators or anything? Do I need to contact the police or do anything? I don't want to get into trouble here."
He smiled thinly, "Or something. You're in no trouble here, ma'am, the culprit was sneaky; there was no way you could know anything untoward was going on, and I'm quite certain there are no laws against showing a concerned citizen the surveillance footage as such. You might want to make sure that yesterday's footage is stored in case the police do come by, though."
He took a bite out of the ice cream, visibly enjoying it, "And I'll make sure to remind people that your ice cream is most excellent. Thank you."
He bowed lightly to Karen, and headed out, sending Narim a message, 'You're about to receive some footage and/or stills from Karen's Sweets, on one <address>. It shows the person who jabbed one Technocrat currently dead or dying. Please forward it to Miss Bouchard ASAP, and she'll take it from there. Will be coming home with Adjan right away, taking a shortcut; hopefully we can figure out the timeline hiccup; would prefer not to have to resort to desperation.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Even so we are talking about the most powerful Paradox spirit known to our kind!"
Narim protested.
"That is a rather ehm...insane plan B."
Anja wrote:"You do have a point, and besides I am not sure this is a option, I am not so sure I could vote in favor of summoning Old Man Wrinkle even with a Chantry member in danger, I would have the thirty plus other members to think of."
The Virtual Adept said.
"One moment then and I will try to get Mara."
He said and he pressed his finger against his phone, activating an app.

"Thinking outside the box is what got Mr. Wainwright his reputation, among other things. Anyways we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If we ever get there. We got other things to worry about." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"She is on her way."
Narim said.
"We are just heading up the stairs from her room now."

"So now we wait for the experts." Serge said glancing over at the entrance to the bathroom and wondering what kind of progress Master Nassa had made.

"First Adley now Anna. Why is this happening now..."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm

"Let's hope we don't have to go that far. Even I think that's insane." he said as he left the room to contact his Uncle.[/quote]
Beatrice just looked at you dumbfounded at that commented. Narim though snapped around to stare at you.
He asked.

From the way that Adley was suddenly swearing blisteringly in every language he knew as he read what Colin had just texted him and having put together all the pieces just before that, it seemed that the answer was yes. Then he snapped his phone shut and shoved it back into his pocket. "Hide the teacups and the tea. And think of a better plan. Because that's /not/ a plan..."

// sorry to miss some stuff, I was exhausted after work and slept like, ten hours straight. Might have been fighting a cold. I seem to have won though so yay

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 pm

[Travelling]

Colin nodded, "Nobody says we should try merely 'asking nicely'. Individuals of the old establishment - Senators and Representatives here in the US - need to be replaced by new blood, ones not already deeply entrenched in the corrupt mires. Some... may need to be removed by carefully applied ballistics, granted, but it is generally for the betterment of the country to do so through getting everyone out to vote. That is a severe flaw in the population here; people just don't get out to vote in the midterm elections, leading to the same old guard staying put and growing fatter... but you can't fix that by blowing up Congress. Not in a way with productive results, at any rate."

"I am also not that against assassinating an individual for political reason, my Tradition would generally not do it we grant the good Death for nobler causes but I can understand an individual having to be removed though like Colin say I prefer it be done by voting rather than by bullets, however I can see the need to take ore drastic action at times, starting a revolution though that is something else. Far better to get those who do not vote now to engage themselves, far to many seam to think politics do not concern them."
Adjan said and nodded.

He shook his head, "If you believe you need a fully formed plan before you start, you're something of an idiot. What you need is a rough outline of what you mean to do, and the possible outcomes in broad terms. Perhaps specifics on the methods for the first two steps or so, but no more, because no plan survives the first encounter with the enemy. What you do need to have is contingency plans for the three or four most likely outcomes, including a worst-case scenario, and assume that at least something is going to go wrong in a most spectacular way."

"Agreed, no plan can be fully formed but details such as what will you do to get people food and water and shelter if the economy collapse, what system of government will take over, how do you plan to settle the civil unrest that would come with such an upheaval and many more questions like that need to be answered before one can call to arms, just screaming revolution now! Can do nothing but harm."
The death magus said flatly.

[Café]

He nodded, "Let us indeed hope so. He's a pleasant enough person, but I would rather not take up more of his time than necessary."
He paused, then chuckled, "Well, that was an unintentional joke for the day... I should remember that when the Chief or Adley asks if I've gone insane again..."

"I would say that fact that he is a damned Paradox Spirit to be the best reason to stay far away, but perhaps I just have not smoked what you have been having Colin."
Adjan joked with a wry grin.

He smiled thinly, "Or something. You're in no trouble here, ma'am, the culprit was sneaky; there was no way you could know anything untoward was going on, and I'm quite certain there are no laws against showing a concerned citizen the surveillance footage as such. You might want to make sure that yesterday's footage is stored in case the police do come by, though."

"Yes that is correct Sir, a crime happening in my store do not mean I am guilty nor is it illegal for me to show you this footage, but knowing about a crime and not letting the police know about it though, that is a crime."
Karen said.
"I should probably call them."

He took a bite out of the ice cream, visibly enjoying it, "And I'll make sure to remind people that your ice cream is most excellent. Thank you."

"Thank you Sir."
Karen said and she smiled a little.
"Come back any time."

He bowed lightly to Karen, and headed out, sending Narim a message, 'You're about to receive some footage and/or stills from Karen's Sweets, on one <address>. It shows the person who jabbed one Technocrat currently dead or dying. Please forward it to Miss Bouchard ASAP, and she'll take it from there. Will be coming home with Adjan right away, taking a shortcut; hopefully we can figure out the timeline hiccup; would prefer not to have to resort to desperation.'

You got a reply back which read.
"Quite I heard about your plan B Mr W. Very well I will send the information to Miss B as soon as I get it. I am in your room right now trying to help figure this out."

Nicole you see Karen return to her post behind the counter, soon after you get a text from Narim with a still picture of a man fitting the description the teenager had given of the suspicious man in the shop. There was also a video link and the text.
"Mr W asked me to send you this, it is a picture of the suspect."

[Colin's Room]

Thinking outside the box is what got Mr. Wainwright his reputation, among other things. Anyways we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If we ever get there. We got other things to worry about." Serge said with a nod.

"It is still a no Serge we are not summoning any Paradox Spirits."
Narim said surprisingly sternly for him.
"But we will do our best to figure this out though other means."

"So now we wait for the experts." Serge said glancing over at the entrance to the bathroom and wondering what kind of progress Master Nassa had made.

"First Adley now Anna. Why is this happening now..."

"I do not know why it is happening now, perhaps we will find that out later."
Narim said. Then you saw another Narim come up the stairs and walking towards you together with Deaconess O'Connor.
"There was need and I have come."
Mara said as the second Narim vanished as if he was never there.
"Time have become two rivers flowing together, harming a little princess in the process."
Mara said.
"Most puzzling....most puzzling indeed."

From the way that Adley was suddenly swearing blisteringly in every language he knew as he read what Colin had just texted him and having put together all the pieces just before that, it seemed that the answer was yes. Then he snapped his phone shut and shoved it back into his pocket. "Hide the teacups and the tea. And think of a better plan. Because that's /not/ a plan..."

Narim looked at you through the language lesson.
"Oh my is that Coptic?"
He asked.
"I am not sure hiding the tea and the teacups will help to much to dissuade Mr Wainwright, but no it is not an acceptable option we need to find another way."
He said before giving Mara a polite nod.
"Yes Mara...that is right...do you know how to fix this?"
He said and the fay mage looked around.
"There is nothing to fix if to rivers become one...then they are as they are."
She replied.

(OOC: Not a problem Strife, you have not missed anything and the game will wait for you if you need a day of.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 pm

[Colin's Room]

"It is still a no Serge we are not summoning any Paradox Spirits." Narim said surprisingly sternly for him. "But we will do our best to figure this out though other means."

He tilted his head a bit at Narim and nodded. "Stern voice. I like it..."

"I do not know why it is happening now, perhaps we will find that out later."
Narim said. Then you saw another Narim come up the stairs and walking towards you together with Deaconess O'Connor.

Adley's eye twitched a bit. First there were two of them....then poof. But no, it wasn't that there were two, they were in two places and then they converged. He looked as if he were about to say something, perhaps something cheeky, then stopped as Mara spoke aloud to them.

"Time have become two rivers flowing together, harming a little princess in the process."
Mara said.

"How do we keep them separate? How do you build a damn in time?"

"Oh my is that Coptic?"
He asked.

"Pardon," he said, more for Deacones Mara's benefit.

"There is nothing to fix if to rivers become one...then they are as they are."
She replied.

"Right, because that will be whatever reality wins out, I'd suppose? So...how can we stop them from converging?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"It is still a no Serge we are not summoning any Paradox Spirits." Narim said surprisingly sternly for him. "But we will do our best to figure this out though other means."
Adley wrote:He tilted his head a bit at Narim and nodded. "Stern voice. I like it..."

Serge looked a little bewildered by Narim's rare stern voice and said nothing more. After all he had already shared Narim's opinions on the idea of summoning the Paradox spirit.

Anja wrote:"I do not know why it is happening now, perhaps we will find that out later."

"Fuck that's so cool." Serge muttered quietly under his breath as he saw the multiple versions of Narim before turning his attention to the Deaconess.

Mara said.
Adley wrote:"How do we keep them separate? How do you build a damn in time?"
Anja wrote:He said before giving Mara a polite nod.
"There is nothing to fix if two rivers become one...then they are as they are."
She replied.
Adley wrote:"Right, because that will be whatever reality wins out, I'd suppose? So...how can we stop them from converging?"

Serge gave the Deaconess a polite nod as well and listened carefully for her answer to Adley's questions. Knowing the Deaconess it wouldn't be something straightforward.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Posts:

'Hey, I'd prefer to avoid the mounds of dead bodies too. Only difference is I credit the Oligarchy with a stronger will to keep power. That there will be a point where push comes to shove; that the only options are to "raise weapons" or "roll over"... the People or the Oligarchy, no middle ground left. There's several steps before this; such as getting folk to understand the situation, that yes, other options are available.'

Anja's Post:

'Plans never survive contact with the enemy. Or reality, for that matter. And there are people out there with plans, just I'm not clever enough to understand 'em. I'm a street-level thinker, me.'

Anja's Post:

'For fucks sake, again I will say this: the way we have "democracy" in the US is not the only system ever designed in human history. Nor is there no ideas of new ones in books and shit.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'I can answer this one.' Nicole replied, clearly pleased by this. 'So, what if the Waltons want to walk out overnight? What can they take? Stocks and cash which are nothing more than numbers on a screen or gaudy bits of paper. They can't walk out with machines, buildings, people - the true value of a company. It's been done before; such as after the start of the Great Recession, when some workers refused to quit their "dead" company and started to run it as a co-op instead.'

[Cafe]

Anja's Post:

Nicole pulled her phone out, read the message and then looked at the photo. Seeing if she could recognise the person - and to be able to if she saw him.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 am

[On the road]
Anja wrote:"I am also not that against assassinating an individual for political reason, my Tradition would generally not do it we grant the good Death for nobler causes but I can understand an individual having to be removed though like Colin say I prefer it be done by voting rather than by bullets, however I can see the need to take ore drastic action at times, starting a revolution though that is something else. Far better to get those who do not vote now to engage themselves, far to many seam to think politics do not concern them."
Adjan said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:'Hey, I'd prefer to avoid the mounds of dead bodies too. Only difference is I credit the Oligarchy with a stronger will to keep power. That there will be a point where push comes to shove; that the only options are to "raise weapons" or "roll over"... the People or the Oligarchy, no middle ground left. There's several steps before this; such as getting folk to understand the situation, that yes, other options are available.'
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "We may come to that point, yes - but we're not yet near the breaking point. The Oligarchy has not yet managed to push quite that hard... but keep in mind, at this stage, there's little reason to assume the entire military will get in step with the Oligarchy. Parts of the leadership, certainly, but the rank and file? Hell, no, I'd wager some good seventy percent of the armed services below captain's rank would side with their friends and families over the corporations."
He frowned and glanced out the window, "I suppose that's part of why they're so keen on unmanned drone technology... but even that isn't guaranteed to work in case of mutiny."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, no plan can be fully formed but details such as what will you do to get people food and water and shelter if the economy collapse, what system of government will take over, how do you plan to settle the civil unrest that would come with such an upheaval and many more questions like that need to be answered before one can call to arms, just screaming revolution now! Can do nothing but harm."
The death magus said flatly.
Nicole wrote:'Plans never survive contact with the enemy. Or reality, for that matter. And there are people out there with plans, just I'm not clever enough to understand 'em. I'm a street-level thinker, me.'
He grinned wryly, "At least you have a bit of sound tactical insight, even if your strategic sense is somewhat lacking still. But we can certainly work on the latter. You're really going to need the ability to consider four or five steps ahead, sooner or later."

Nicole wrote:'I can answer this one.' Nicole replied, clearly pleased by this. 'So, what if the Waltons want to walk out overnight? What can they take? Stocks and cash which are nothing more than numbers on a screen or gaudy bits of paper. They can't walk out with machines, buildings, people - the true value of a company. It's been done before; such as after the start of the Great Recession, when some workers refused to quit their "dead" company and started to run it as a co-op instead.'
He frowned, "The Waltons can take the company's contracts, the contact network, kill the company servers and the paper trail... Having the warehouses and stores won't help the workers much if they can't get new stock in... Remember, Walmart doesn't manufacture anything of their own, they probably outsource every branded product to China, and get everything else from various suppliers they've squeezed the best deals out of. A coalition of workers won't have anywhere near the means or clout to even get started on that..."

[Café]
Anja wrote:"I would say that fact that he is a damned Paradox Spirit to be the best reason to stay far away, but perhaps I just have not smoked what you have been having Colin."
Adjan joked with a wry grin.
He smirked, "Last thing i had smoked would be some salmon, about three weeks ago. I'm afraid i don't have a secret stash of magical materials for my pipe. Which hasn't been used since I wore a uniform on a daily basis."

Anja wrote:"Yes that is correct Sir, a crime happening in my store do not mean I am guilty nor is it illegal for me to show you this footage, but knowing about a crime and not letting the police know about it though, that is a crime."
Karen said.
"I should probably call them."
He nodded, "Very true. Just be aware that this is... slightly larger than one man, and the case hasn't broken yet. You may wish to be discreet about it; perhaps visit a detective quietly, rather than bringing the police here to inspect the footage. Because when this case reaches the news, it might cause a panic."
He frowned, "Ah, please, don't mistake my words for a threat; there was no such intent - merely a warning that the place may get hounded by journalists once they get wind of the matter."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir."
Karen said and she smiled a little.
"Come back any time."
He smiled, "Oh, I will. Hopefully with my daughter, under happier circumstances."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back which read.
"Quite I heard about your plan B Mr W. Very well I will send the information to Miss B as soon as I get it. I am in your room right now trying to help figure this out."
He exhaled slowly, replying, 'Thank you. Please calm Adley down before he accidentally scorches the floor, and remind him that that plan is only the absolutely last resort if everything else has failed - I am no more eager to invite Paradox than he is, but if we run out of options, inviting the most sympathetic arbiter is better than having him show up angry and uninvited.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:16 am

[Colin's Room]

He tilted his head a bit at Narim and nodded. "Stern voice. I like it..."

Narim blushed at the compliment.
"I ehm...ehm...well it is my responsibility to protect the Chantry."
He said proudly.

Adley's eye twitched a bit. First there were two of them....then poof. But no, it wasn't that there were two, they were in two places and then they converged. He looked as if he were about to say something, perhaps something cheeky, then stopped as Mara spoke aloud to them.

Narim did not even notice your look he was so used to co locating it was a completely natural thing for him to be in two or more places at once.

"How do we keep them separate? How do you build a damn in time?"

"What a delightful concept you knight, to stop time in time."
Mara exclaimed happily and she clapped her hands together so her many bangles clinked together.
"The river is also dragons, one red and one blue, how do you prevent them becoming a purple dragon? Make the blue more blue and the red more red, make them remember they are not one."
She replied.

"Pardon," he said, more for Deacones Mara's benefit.

Mara did not seam like she cared much she was moving around the apartment fluttering in her big floral print dress with far more ease than a woman her size normally would.
"One knot, two knots the third are undone."
She said in a sing song voice. Narim looked at you and sigh, the fae maga was wise but understanding her was not easy.

"Right, because that will be whatever reality wins out, I'd suppose? So...how can we stop them from converging?"

"The dragons can be led, but more dragons will come until the opening to their borrow is closed, chaos, chaos, chaos is coming and taking reality for a dance."
The Deaconess replied.

"Fuck that's so cool." Serge muttered quietly under his breath as he saw the multiple versions of Narim before turning his attention to the Deaconess.

"You will learn this as well one day Serge."
Narim said sounding a bit amused.
"The ability will come with the skill to teleport others, the two are not that far apart."

Serge gave the Deaconess a polite nod as well and listened carefully for her answer to Adley's questions. Knowing the Deaconess it wouldn't be something straightforward.

"Hello young Artist, can you add more blue to the blue dragon and red to the red?"
Mara said and she cocked her head to the side and looked at you for a moment.

[Travelling]

'Hey, I'd prefer to avoid the mounds of dead bodies too. Only difference is I credit the Oligarchy with a stronger will to keep power. That there will be a point where push comes to shove; that the only options are to "raise weapons" or "roll over"... the People or the Oligarchy, no middle ground left. There's several steps before this; such as getting folk to understand the situation, that yes, other options are available.'

"They have the will, I just don't credit them with the power to do so if people are fully against them. But yes if the situation get worse, more people starve and one reach a breaking point and nothing non violent works then yes one have to do what one have to do, but reaching for guns should be the least resort."
Adjan said darkly.

'Plans never survive contact with the enemy. Or reality, for that matter. And there are people out there with plans, just I'm not clever enough to understand 'em. I'm a street-level thinker, me.'

"Battle plans no, but I am talking about what plans would you have for the nation after you revolution, how do you plan on getting control of the chaos, stop looting, get people fresh water, shelter, food and healthcare, how do you plan to implement laws? How do you plan on rebuilding, basically what are your plans when the fighting is done. Just wanting change is not enough you need to know what you want the change to turn to."
The Euthanathos said and he raised an eyebrow.

'For fucks sake, again I will say this: the way we have "democracy" in the US is not the only system ever designed in human history. Nor is there no ideas of new ones in books and shit.'

"I have not claimed that it is Miss Bouchard, I have asked you what you want in stead."
Adjan said...patiently.

'I can answer this one.' Nicole replied, clearly pleased by this. 'So, what if the Waltons want to walk out overnight? What can they take? Stocks and cash which are nothing more than numbers on a screen or gaudy bits of paper. They can't walk out with machines, buildings, people - the true value of a company. It's been done before; such as after the start of the Great Recession, when some workers refused to quit their "dead" company and started to run it as a co-op instead.'

"Yes they ran companies as a co op...because there was still an economy, a weakened one but still an economy so they had money to buy what they needed to get the companies up and running and had customers able to play them. With no economy how do you imagine Walmart will be able to A buy merchandise, as Colin says they do not manufacture anything themselves, and B how will their customers buy their stuff? Europe have allot of co op businesses, but they also have an economy for customers to buy wares, for buying things from their employers, no economy, no business no matter who own them."
The death magus said shook his head.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "We may come to that point, yes - but we're not yet near the breaking point. The Oligarchy has not yet managed to push quite that hard... but keep in mind, at this stage, there's little reason to assume the entire military will get in step with the Oligarchy. Parts of the leadership, certainly, but the rank and file? Hell, no, I'd wager some good seventy percent of the armed services below captain's rank would side with their friends and families over the corporations."
He frowned and glanced out the window, "I suppose that's part of why they're so keen on unmanned drone technology... but even that isn't guaranteed to work in case of mutiny."

"I agree the Oligarchy are not a open ruling force and they will find it hard to be, they are the man behind the curtain and if they press hard enough to be fully revealed that will change things, also how they rule are with things like for example propaganda, where they get the lower classes to blame one another for all that is wrong and not them, if this was turned that would do allot."
Adjan said and nodded.

[Café]

Nicole pulled her phone out, read the message and then looked at the photo. Seeing if she could recognise the person - and to be able to if she saw him.

You would be able to recognize him if you saw him, but Nicole have not seen the man before.

He smirked, "Last thing i had smoked would be some salmon, about three weeks ago. I'm afraid i don't have a secret stash of magical materials for my pipe. Which hasn't been used since I wore a uniform on a daily basis."

Adjan grinned a little at that.
"So your crazy ideas are all yours then Colin? No excuses?"

He nodded, "Very true. Just be aware that this is... slightly larger than one man, and the case hasn't broken yet. You may wish to be discreet about it; perhaps visit a detective quietly, rather than bringing the police here to inspect the footage. Because when this case reaches the news, it might cause a panic."
He frowned, "Ah, please, don't mistake my words for a threat; there was no such intent - merely a warning that the place may get hounded by journalists once they get wind of the matter."

"That is true, but I still should do my due diligence, but I guess I can go to the police station and tell them about that rather than call them and leave it in their hands."
Karen said and frowned.
"Damn it this was the last thing my shop needed."

He smiled, "Oh, I will. Hopefully with my daughter, under happier circumstances."

"Aww a daughter...how nice I am sure we have something here she will like, you are both welcome Sir."
The ice cream lady said and she smiled again.

He exhaled slowly, replying, 'Thank you. Please calm Adley down before he accidentally scorches the floor, and remind him that that plan is only the absolutely last resort if everything else has failed - I am no more eager to invite Paradox than he is, but if we run out of options, inviting the most sympathetic arbiter is better than having him show up angry and uninvited.

You got a reply back which said.
"I will remind him but I thin the chances are bigger I teleport away to some dark hole to hide and take Adley with me. Yes hopefully we will find some solution, the Deaconess is here helping us out now and Master Nassa is tending to Anna."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next