Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 18 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

[Scott's Auto]

After bidding Scott goodbye, Nicole followed the pair carrying her wannabe-murderer out into the lot. Once out of earshot she'll move up to the pair. 'What now? Either of you know a way to send him to sleeplyland for a little bit? A way which ain't a hammer?'

Your Boss gave you a nod.
"Ok glad you are okey Nicole, have fun next week."
He said he had given you some days of for a trade show, what he did not know was that it was a trade show about cybernetics that you where attending in another dimension while acting as security for your Chantry mates who where going to said dimension but it was probably best he did not know that.

"Tempting as that would be yes I have such a way."
Ty said and he went over to the struggling man and touched his neck in several places in quick succession and the man simply fell asleep.
"He should be out for thirty minutes or so."
The Akashic said.
"Let us just put him in the car...we can take him to the Chantry while he is out so he don't now where he is going."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 18 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Adley Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Narim blushed at that. "I ehm...ehm..." He said and blushed again which made Anna giggle which made Narim blush more.

He smiled a bit but didn't want to embarrass Narim so he didn't say anything else.

"Still I am sorry for...being so weak."
Kyle muttered and looked down.

"You are not weak, my brother."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

The spirit answered your two, long questions simply with.
"Yes."

"The woman who gave you this task has given you quintessence before," he said, then waited for a discrete answer so there would be no way for it to be confused or challenged upon those grounds. Then he asked, "The tass she gave you before held similarities in flavor to the one you just showed us, that was to be used for the task you were sent here for a short while ago, from our perspective?" Again, he waited for confirmation. Then asked, "Have you ever received a summons or tass from another who had a similar, subtle flavor other than these two people?"

The spirit immediately took back it's ymmies before you could change your mind and steal it.

He stayed quite still so as to not give it the wrong impression, having no intent to take it's tass."

Well done gentlemen."
He said after he had taken a moment and a deep breath to settle himself and the strange presence of Tick-Tock was gone.
"I would say that was fruitful."

He sighed and looked over at him. "More questions than answers, but perhaps better questions and some leads." He closed his eyes a moment and then shook his head - maybe it had just meant he was going to get a student at 40-odd, that wouldn't be unusual, after all. Or it had to do with something else. There was no reason to think the worst. He waited until he was sure the working was complete to move, then walked around the circle, out of the habit of ending the ritual.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:02 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:The spirit looked at you as you spoke.
"I am content."
It said simply. George nodded and he waited to see if Colin had any words for the spirit then he ended the calling, bidding the spirit farewell in Enochian before performing the ending rituals where he made sure it no longer lingered around the ritual room before speaking the words to end the working.
"Well done gentlemen."
He said after he had taken a moment and a deep breath to settle himself and the strange presence of Tick-Tock was gone.
Adley wrote:He sighed and looked over at him. "More questions than answers, but perhaps better questions and some leads." He closed his eyes a moment and then shook his head - maybe it had just meant he was going to get a student at 40-odd, that wouldn't be unusual, after all. Or it had to do with something else. There was no reason to think the worst. He waited until he was sure the working was complete to move, then walked around the circle, out of the habit of ending the ritual.

Serge waved good bye to tick tock as the Primus said farewell, knowing the spirit wouldn't understand the gesture but wanting to do it anyways.

When the spirit was gone Serge sighed and massaged his temples. "Anyone elses head hurting? I got used to it after a while but still. So anyways what now? "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled a bit but didn't want to embarrass Narim so he didn't say anything else.

Narim continued working on his computer he was still blushing though.

"You are not weak, my brother."

"I don't know, I mean I am so scared over the trial and such."
Kyle said and sigh.
"It makes my belly tie itself into knots."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"The woman who gave you this task has given you quintessence before," he said, then waited for a discrete answer so there would be no way for it to be confused or challenged upon those grounds.

"Yes."
The spirit said simply.

Then he asked, "The tass she gave you before held similarities in flavor to the one you just showed us, that was to be used for the task you were sent here for a short while ago, from our perspective?" Again, he waited for confirmation.

"Yes."
The spirit replied again.

Then asked, "Have you ever received a summons or tass from another who had a similar, subtle flavor other than these two people?"

"No."
The Umbrood replied.

He stayed quite still so as to not give it the wrong impression, having no intent to take it's tass."

The strange spirit seamed quite pleased to have it's Quintessence back safely.

He sighed and looked over at him. "More questions than answers, but perhaps better questions and some leads."

"Indeed so, we now have different questions Sodalis and know a little bit more though it is clear there is even more we do not know."
George agreed.

He closed his eyes a moment and then shook his head - maybe it had just meant he was going to get a student at 40-odd, that wouldn't be unusual, after all. Or it had to do with something else. There was no reason to think the worst. He waited until he was sure the working was complete to move, then walked around the circle, out of the habit of ending the ritual.

The Primus joined you walking the circle to end the ritual, once done he asked softly.
"Are you well Sodalis?"
Seeing that you where worried.
"Can I do anything to help you?"

Serge waved good bye to tick tock as the Primus said farewell, knowing the spirit wouldn't understand the gesture but wanting to do it anyways.

"Look friend the strange incarnate being with what I can not touch inside is dancing again!"
Engrave commented to Colin as he pointed at Serge with a clawed finger.

When the spirit was gone Serge sighed and massaged his temples. "Anyone elses head hurting? I got used to it after a while but still. So anyways what now? "

"Yes it is a being more made up of time than anything else it is hard to see in our three dimensional space."
George said then he looked at Colin.
"I do believe your Cabalmate wanted a word and then I will have to clean up the ritual room after making that crystal impression of what transpired here, it should be as fresh as possible after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"I don't know, I mean I am so scared over the trial and such."
Kyle said and sigh.

"Understandable and nothing to be ashamed about," he said, reassuringly.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"I tried not to look at it, directly..."

The Primus joined you walking the circle to end the ritual, once done he asked softly.
"Are you well Sodalis?"

"That was just a bit of a...surprise, given a few things. Ha, you'd think with so much going on lately that I would be used to surprises, and somehow I think I'm about to hear some more." He shook his head a little bit. "I don't think there is anything you can do to help, but thank you. I just...uhm...well, I have a decade to get used to the idea." He gave a wry look. "I hope that it is...a more positive experience than the last time, that's all." He paused, and then added, "I know you will record what was said in the entirety, sir but some of what was disclosed...we should be careful letting become something others know about," he said, vaguely. Then he scratched at his chest and pulled his hoodie a bit to rearrange it.

"I do believe your Cabalmate wanted a word and then I will have to clean up the ritual room after making that crystal impression of what transpired here, it should be as fresh as possible after all."

He nodded at that. "Indeed, I assume we should go somewhere else warded?" he looked at Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:19 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Actually for me casting my Parma takes about three minutes every morning and evening."
George said.
"But yes a to long working would be impractical."
Narim nodded.
"Well for me I work when I got the time and save it all on my computer and phone so I can just activate a program when I need it."
Colin grinned to George, "With all due respect, Sir - with casting your Parma twice a day, it would take you about a year and a half to cast it a thousand times... It takes me a fair bit more than three minutes to get it up to an acceptable strength."

S7trif3 wrote:"He forgets how awesome he is sometimes, because he's so used to it," he said to Colin with a bit of amusement. "It will be useful when you can do that, imagine all the figurative rabbits you will have in your hat then?"
Anja wrote:Narim blushed at that.
"I ehm...ehm..."
He said and blushed again which made Anna giggle which made Narim blush more.
S7trif3 wrote:He smiled a bit but didn't want to embarrass Narim so he didn't say anything else.
Anja wrote:Narim continued working on his computer he was still blushing though.
He chuckled, "Ah, but remember, rabbits need a lot of cleaning up after. Much better to have a hat with one rabbit, infinitely repeated."

Anja wrote:"I ehm...that sounds very nice Sir...I will come over for that."
Kyle said a bit hesitantly but he offered a weak smile.
S7trif3 wrote:"There is nothing to apologize for," he said, turning to look at Kyle.
Anja wrote:"Still I am sorry for...being so weak."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
S7trif3 wrote:"You are not weak, my brother."
Anja wrote:"I don't know, I mean I am so scared over the trial and such."
Kyle said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"Understandable and nothing to be ashamed about," he said, reassuringly.
He shook his head, "You're one of the bravest young men I know, Kyle... as terrified as you are, you're still here with us."

Anja wrote:This made Anna cheer up and she giggled a little then she turned serious again.
"Yeah you do that and I really...really hope Evelyn makes it you know she is my friend."
He nodded, "I hope she makes it, too, and not just because she's your friend. She's a good kid, too, and she really didn't deserve being attacked like that."

Anja wrote:Amadeus smiled a little.
"I will make sure I stay safe I promise I will not make any foolhardy moves."
He promised and Beatrice nodded.
"Good."
She said but she was cleanly still a little worried.
He nodded, "Thank you."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:George nodded at that.
"I will talk with him...perhaps he can do what you say we will see also careful with names young one, careful with name."
He said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"Names, amicus."
He grimaced, "Bugger... sorry, slip of the tongue. At least I didn't use his personal name..."

Jeremy wrote:"I might ask him. Staying in one place to long will make anyone crazy. He might welcome a little adventure." Serge said with a smile.
He nodded, "And he's easily able to roll people over into the shadow."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin a confused look.
Jeremy wrote:"All right then." Serge said but it was clear that he still really wanted to know.
He smiled wryly and gave an apologetic shrug, "And please don't ask our mechanic about it, either - she'll just go on a tirade about the evils of glorified pigeons... again."

S7trif3 wrote:Adley looked as if someone had hit him with a large fish, straight in the face. Before he could even get his thoughts back in order, Colin followed up for him and then his expression shifted again, from surprise and confusion to fear and still he couldn't get his tongue unstuck to ask any more about it. He couldn't even manage a nonfluency. He glanced over at Colin with an absolutely horrified expression, remembering what happened to Dylan. Then he looked away.
He caught Adley's reaction to his cheerful quip, then looked at him apologetically, "Oh, God, sorry, no, I didn't mean it like that... I'm sure it'll be in proper, hm, familial circumstances, not like... what you're thinking."

Anja wrote:"Excellent I will make sure the Chantry pay you back for the cost of the metal sheet."
George said.
"And that are a good use for his claws."
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to the Primus and Colin. "That would be helpful." And then said to the spirit, "I understand."
Anja wrote:"At least we will have that bit of evidence on our side."
The Primus said.
"So we one day can take this person down."
He nodded, "The sheets are roughly six hundred dollars apiece, but I'll be glad to accept an equal mass of created silver instead of money, if that's a more convenient solution. And yes, taking down this criminal will be... very satisfying."

Jeremy wrote:"I've attempted it in the past. And as you've clearly seen I'll likely attempt it again in the future. But thank you for your warning." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Yes."
The spirit said.
"Human heads hurt easily they are ineffective and only last for a maximum of 120 years without magick to preserve them, most puzzling."
Jeremy wrote:Serge looked like he had multiple questions that stemmed from that statement alone. But kept them to himself and simply smiled at the spirit.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, far be it from me to question your insight into the passage of time, but I've heard fairly reliable speculations that a human head can function perfectly well up to 150 years, barring disease or injury - even if most don't last half that long today."

Jeremy wrote:Serge looked a little guilty as he was allowed to ask his question. "Oh it's really nothing important. I wanted to ask him a bunch of 'how old is it' questions. Like what this picture looked like." Serge said turning to a page in his notepad and showing a picture of a ninja fighting a treant to the spirit.

"It's best not to indulge me in this instant. It sounds like we have all the information we need and we don't wanna delay our new friend any longer."
Anja wrote:Master Steelhaven gave you a confused look at your questions then he said.
"No let us not bother our friend here with such frivolous inquiries child."
The Primus said. Tick-Tock looked at the drawing.
"It was drawn three days and four hours and five minutes ago, the paper where made one year, five montes and three days ago, the notebook where bound one year two months and two days ago."
He replied George smiled a little.
"Well then now that we have that answered shall we send our new friend on his way gentlemen?"'
He asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Sorry sir. I should've made my intentions more clear." Serge said now looking even more guilty. Although he did smile when Tick-Tock answered the question.

"Anyways as much as I'll miss him I think it's time to say goodbye. For now at least."
Anja wrote:"It is quite all right child curiosity is a healthy trait."
George said and smiled.
He smiled to Tick-tock, "Then I wish you good times, my friend. And may the likes of your tormentor never get their claws into you again."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps we will have reason to summon our new friend again at some time."
George said and Tick-Tock moved slightly.
"Yes you will."
His non voice confirmed. George nodded.
"Yes my friend I thought so."
S7trif3 wrote:He said to the spirit, "Thank you for letting us examine the tass; we are done looking at it so you can take it back now. Thank you for answering our questions," he said with a slight nod in its general direction. "We hope that you find your new Name suitable and are content with the duties that come with it, and are free from being ill-used for the rest of your being-ness." Then he said 'Goodbye' in Enochian and nodded to the Primus.
Anja wrote:The spirit looked at you as you spoke.
"I am content."
It said simply. George nodded and he waited to see if Colin had any words for the spirit then he ended the calling, bidding the spirit farewell in Enochian before performing the ending rituals where he made sure it no longer lingered around the ritual room before speaking the words to end the working.
"Well done gentlemen."
S7trif3 wrote:He sighed and looked over at him. "More questions than answers, but perhaps better questions and some leads." He closed his eyes a moment and then shook his head - maybe it had just meant he was going to get a student at 40-odd, that wouldn't be unusual, after all. Or it had to do with something else. There was no reason to think the worst. He waited until he was sure the working was complete to move, then walked around the circle, out of the habit of ending the ritual.
Anja wrote:"Indeed so, we now have different questions Sodalis and know a little bit more though it is clear there is even more we do not know."
George agreed.
Anja wrote:The Primus joined you walking the circle to end the ritual, once done he asked softly.
"Are you well Sodalis?"
Jeremy wrote:Serge waved good bye to tick tock as the Primus said farewell, knowing the spirit wouldn't understand the gesture but wanting to do it anyways.

Anja wrote:"Look friend the strange incarnate being with what I can not touch inside is dancing again!"
Anja wrote:"Yes it is a being more made up of time than anything else it is hard to see in our three dimensional space."
S7trif3 wrote:"I tried not to look at it, directly..."
S7trif3 wrote:"That was just a bit of a...surprise, given a few things. Ha, you'd think with so much going on lately that I would be used to surprises, and somehow I think I'm about to hear some more." He shook his head a little bit. "I don't think there is anything you can do to help, but thank you. I just...uhm...well, I have a decade to get used to the idea." He gave a wry look. "I hope that it is...a more positive experience than the last time, that's all." He paused, and then added, "I know you will record what was said in the entirety, sir but some of what was disclosed...we should be careful letting become something others know about," he said, vaguely. Then he scratched at his chest and pulled his hoodie a bit to rearrange it.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded at that. "Indeed, I assume we should go somewhere else warded?" he looked at Colin.
He grinned and quickly drew a circle in the air, reaching into his Sanctum to pull out a roughly letter-sized sheet of silver, a millimeter thick, "My friend, he was waving, a gesture of farewell as well as greeting, to our new friend. Now, I must ask you a favour - will you write down the conversation we had between the moment we summoned the nameless spirit, and to the point where we bid Tick-tock farewell?"

Turning to Serge, he added, "And my friend here wondered what you would want him to chronicle... Be careful with your answer; he will carve the requested information onto whichever convenient surface is available, if none specifically is provided."

He then addressed George and Adley as well, "As for the vision I had, I think we all need a word in approximate privacy - we need to speak with Bee, as well; she was in it. My apartment, once we've tidied up here?"

((OOC: Arete roll for a simple C2 snatch and grab: 4,5,6. Well. I think that's enough, seeing as he REALLY knows the place, and it's literally only about a couple hundred feet away, tops...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:28 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly and gave an apologetic shrug, "And please don't ask our mechanic about it, either - she'll just go on a tirade about the evils of glorified pigeons... again."

"I feel like she'd be just as curious." Serge mused.

Anja wrote:"Look friend the strange incarnate being with what I can not touch inside is dancing again!"

"Dancing?" Serge said looking confused before glancing up at his waving hand and smiling, "Actually, I can see why you'd think that."

Adley wrote:"I tried not to look at it, directly..."

"That seemed kinda rude. Ange always taught that eye contact was important." Serge said with a smile. "I'm not sure if he had eyes though..."

Colin wrote:Turning to Serge, he added, "And my friend here wondered what you would want him to chronicle... Be careful with your answer; he will carve the requested information onto whichever convenient surface is available, if none specifically is provided."

"I can't think of anything else that needs to be chronicled at the moment. I draw a lot of my significant moments already. Heavily embellished of course. But I'll let you know if anything comes up." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Yes it is a being more made up of time than anything else it is hard to see in our three dimensional space."
Adley wrote:He nodded at that. "Indeed, I assume we should go somewhere else warded?" he looked at Colin.
Colin wrote:He then addressed George and Adley as well, "As for the vision I had, I think we all need a word in approximate privacy - we need to speak with Bee, as well; she was in it. My apartment, once we've tidied up here?"

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said nodding approvingly and preparing to follow the group when they had finished tidying up.  

(OOC: I might be wrong about this, but don't you need at Matter 2 in conjunction with Correspondence to summon objects from faraway places?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 am

[Casa Wainwright]

"Understandable and nothing to be ashamed about," he said, reassuringly.

Kyle looked at you and nodded but he still looked scared and shameful.

Colin grinned to George, "With all due respect, Sir - with casting your Parma twice a day, it would take you about a year and a half to cast it a thousand times... It takes me a fair bit more than three minutes to get it up to an acceptable strength."

"Yes...well practice helps I guess but once you get used to it then it is a quick, simple spell to use."
George said with a slight smile.

He shook his head, "You're one of the bravest young men I know, Kyle... as terrified as you are, you're still here with us."

"Yeah well if I tried to run it would hurt my Mentor."
Kyle said and scratched his head.
"I have to see this through...I know that but I am so...scared."
He muttered softly.
"But thank you Sir."
He added with a weak smile.

He nodded, "I hope she makes it, too, and not just because she's your friend. She's a good kid, too, and she really didn't deserve being attacked like that."

Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah she deserve to grow up, live and be happy."
She said firmly.
"No one have the right to take that from her!"

He nodded, "Thank you."

Amadeus just gave a nod at that.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"That was just a bit of a...surprise, given a few things. Ha, you'd think with so much going on lately that I would be used to surprises, and somehow I think I'm about to hear some more." He shook his head a little bit. "I don't think there is anything you can do to help, but thank you. I just...uhm...well, I have a decade to get used to the idea." He gave a wry look. "I hope that it is...a more positive experience than the last time, that's all." He paused, and then added, "I know you will record what was said in the entirety, sir but some of what was disclosed...we should be careful letting become something others know about," he said, vaguely. Then he scratched at his chest and pulled his hoodie a bit to rearrange it.

"It must have been a bit of a shock, but we do not know what the future might bring or how, for all we know what is meant is that you will get an apprentice at that time, or a byproduct of your magick will become a living being."
George said softly then he sigh.
"I can not change the spirit's testimony as I record it I am afraid or it will loose it's value, we can decide not to use this testimony but if we are using it then it can not be cut or altered, I am sorry."
The Primus replied.

He nodded at that. "Indeed, I assume we should go somewhere else warded?" he looked at Colin.

"Yes that would be preferably."
The Primus said.
"We can use my chambers."

He grimaced, "Bugger... sorry, slip of the tongue. At least I didn't use his personal name..."

"Yes that is good at least, hopefully it will be fine."
The Primus said and sigh.
"Well done is done."

He nodded, "The sheets are roughly six hundred dollars apiece, but I'll be glad to accept an equal mass of created silver instead of money, if that's a more convenient solution. And yes, taking down this criminal will be... very satisfying."

"The money is not an issue, I can send my Custos over to your shop Monday morning with it if that is agreeable to you."
The ancient magus said.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, far be it from me to question your insight into the passage of time, but I've heard fairly reliable speculations that a human head can function perfectly well up to 150 years, barring disease or injury - even if most don't last half that long today."

The spirit gave you a confused look and George whispered in your ear.
"I suspect there are no set max limit surly there can be someone who could reach 153 for example. The spirit's reply is based on the Christian Paradigm it seams which would fit with it's mentioning Archangels later. In the Bible it is mentioned that the age of man shall be 120 years."

He smiled to Tick-tock, "Then I wish you good times, my friend. And may the likes of your tormentor never get their claws into you again."

"Thank you."
The spirit replied.

He grinned and quickly drew a circle in the air, reaching into his Sanctum to pull out a roughly letter-sized sheet of silver, a millimeter thick, "My friend, he was waving, a gesture of farewell as well as greeting, to our new friend. Now, I must ask you a favour - will you write down the conversation we had between the moment we summoned the nameless spirit, and to the point where we bid Tick-tock farewell?"

"I will do so."
Engrave said and he stopped writing on the floor and gently took the sheet of metal and started quickly writing on it with lightening fast, precise movements.

He then addressed George and Adley as well, "As for the vision I had, I think we all need a word in approximate privacy - we need to speak with Bee, as well; she was in it. My apartment, once we've tidied up here?"

"Ah yes off course and your apprentice need looking after, your apartment then it is warded as well is it not?"
George said and nodded.
"Then we should go there once your friend is done with his task."

"Dancing?" Serge said looking confused before glancing up at his waving hand and smiling, "Actually, I can see why you'd think that."

"Yes dancing...humans are most strange."
Engrave said though he was focused on writing on the silver sheet.

"That seemed kinda rude. Ange always taught that eye contact was important." Serge said with a smile. "I'm not sure if he had eyes though..."

"Well it is good to do what your Mentor say child but no I am not so sure our new friend have eyes in the same way that we do, but he certainly can see, he can see more than most."
George replied with a chuckle.

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said nodding approvingly and preparing to follow the group when they had finished tidying up.

Once Engrave was done, which took suprisingly little time, the spirit then handed Colin the sheet back it had been covered by his neat script on both sides. George started cleaning up the room, fishing a suprisingly modern smart phone out of his robes and taking pictures of engrave's script on the floor.
"I have to repair the floor but it seamed rude to just remove his hard work, would you like me to send you the pictures Mr Wainwright?"
The old mage asked.

Once done with this he motioned for everyone to get out of the room before he cast a spell to even the floor, the scratches vanishing along with the drawn circle maing it look clean and new again.
"Now we can go...to your apartment then Mr Wainwright?"
The Primus asked.

(OOC: Not unless they have changed it. In previous editions at least you can make a cat sized portal with Corr 2, reach through and get whatever would fit through said cat sized portal. The book do not spesify the size of the cat though, a Maine Coon can get pretty big after all. In M20 they changed allot of things though making magick more dependant on using several Spheres to mae mages a bit more on par with other supernaturals since let us be fair mages, demons and changelings tended to blow the others out of the water power wise. I have continued to use Corr 2 as you make a portal and grab something and then I can not see why you would need a Sphere to affect whatever you are grabbing. It would be different if you where teleporting someone's heart out of their body for example then you would need Life as well for example.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:32 am

[Casa Wainwright]

He chuckled, "Ah, but remember, rabbits need a lot of cleaning up after. Much better to have a hat with one rabbit, infinitely repeated."

"You wouldn't want people to think you're a one trick pony..."

"Yeah well if I tried to run it would hurt my Mentor." Kyle said and scratched his head. "I have to see this through...I know that but I am so...scared."
He muttered softly. "But thank you Sir."

He gave Kyle a little nod - he was proud of him.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He smiled wryly and gave an apologetic shrug, "And please don't ask our mechanic about it, either - she'll just go on a tirade about the evils of glorified pigeons... again."

"You don't have to worry about that," he said flatly.

"Oh, God, sorry, no, I didn't mean it like that... I'm sure it'll be in proper, hm, familial circumstances, not like... what you're thinking."

He just looked at him as if what he had added hadn't improved things much.

"It must have been a bit of a shock, but we do not know what the future might bring or how, for all we know what is meant is that you will get an apprentice at that time, or a byproduct of your magick will become a living being."

"Yes...well, an apprentice is something expected. At some point. Perhaps I took it the wrong way...

George said softly then he sigh. "I can not change the spirit's testimony as I record it I am afraid or it will loose it's value, we can decide not to use this testimony but if we are using it then it can not be cut or altered, I am sorry."

"I realize that...still, we can be careful about when and how such is presented. If that bit of information becomes true, I would not want...any harm to come, or for them to use their time magicks to work against it, if it were not meant to be...ah, this is so complicated. Time magick makes me irritated, because I cannot understand it. Prophesies yet we choose, or is it really a choice? Nor do we know which course is better, aside from staying away from the one that is so darkened. Yet there are many choices in between."

"Well it is good to do what your Mentor say child but no I am not so sure our new friend have eyes in the same way that we do, but he certainly can see, he can see more than most."

"Conceptual beings are quite different, and lack of what we'd call eyes is just the start of it. Hrm, of which class of Umbrood was our friend there? A Jaggling still, I imagine?"

"Very well." He nodded, then assisted in any clean up there was to do, such as clearing up the chalk lines and sigils, and assisting clearing up the resonances left behind. Then he waited if he needed to and left with the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 am

[Casa Wainwright]

He gave Kyle a little nod - he was proud of him.

Kyle looked at you and gave you another weak smile but he was clearly terrified, he was not going to try to run though and betray Jeffry and the trust the older mage had put in him.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Yes...well, an apprentice is something expected. At some point. Perhaps I took it the wrong way...

"We do see our apprentices as our children, in may ways they are, they might not be our flesh and blood but we assist them in their Awakening and give them their magick that could very well be what the spirit meant, or the birth of a hobgoblin, they are living beings born of a mage's Quiet and while most of them are spirits a few of them can become physical, there are many things that can be considered a child."
George said softly.

"I realize that...still, we can be careful about when and how such is presented. If that bit of information becomes true, I would not want...any harm to come, or for them to use their time magicks to work against it, if it were not meant to be...ah, this is so complicated. Time magick makes me irritated, because I cannot understand it. Prophesies yet we choose, or is it really a choice? Nor do we know which course is better, aside from staying away from the one that is so darkened. Yet there are many choices in between."

"I believe that we have a choice. I think fate is like a stream, it is easier to let it take you down the river where it want but you can swi against the current, there is always a choice."
George said then he sigh.
"Off course the evidence would only be shown to the Enforcers investigating the case and when this go to trial we can request it only be shown to the Nine and not to everyone who have come to witness it. However we must consider one thing, your future offspring, an apprentice maybe and Mr Wainwright's future son or daughter will be widderslainte if we deliver this evidence then the Enforcers will know there will be no hiding those children, if we use this to move on Vittoria D'Angelo then those future children will also have to face a trial with the danger that comes with that."
He said in a serious tone of voice.
"So before we do anything we have to be sure, absolutely sure this is what we want to do, and I can not make this choice, you and Mr Wainwright have to do that Sodalis."

"Conceptual beings are quite different, and lack of what we'd call eyes is just the start of it. Hrm, of which class of Umbrood was our friend there? A Jaggling still, I imagine?"

"Yes it was a strong Jaggling but not yet a Lord, if it had not been serving well...Wrinkle, a Umbrood of that power level might have been one of the lieutenants of a Lord."
George said.
"Which give you an idea of ust how powerful a Lord or an Incarna not to mention a Celestine is."

"Very well." He nodded, then assisted in any clean up there was to do, such as clearing up the chalk lines and sigils, and assisting clearing up the resonances left behind. Then he waited if he needed to and left with the others.

The Primus nodded and watched as you cleansed and banished the Resonances.
"Hum...well done Sodalis...Jeffry's spell ehm..you are getting quite skilled with this child."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"We do see our apprentices as our children, in may ways they are, they might not be our flesh and blood but we assist them in their Awakening and give them their magick that could very well be what the spirit meant, or the birth of a hobgoblin, they are living beings born of a mage's Quiet and while most of them are spirits a few of them can become physical, there are many things that can be considered a child."
George said softly.

"A hobgoblin would not be good, so let's hope not that..."

"Off course the evidence would only be shown to the Enforcers investigating the case and when this go to trial we can request it only be shown to the Nine and not to everyone who have come to witness it. However we must consider one thing, your future offspring, an apprentice maybe and Mr Wainwright's future son or daughter will be widderslainte if we deliver this evidence then the Enforcers will know there will be no hiding those children, if we use this to move on Vittoria D'Angelo then those future children will also have to face a trial with the danger that comes with that."
"So before we do anything we have to be sure, absolutely sure this is what we want to do, and I can not make this choice, you and Mr Wainwright have to do that Sodalis."

He frowned. "Did I miss something? I didn't hear that it said the child of the sword would be Fallen. Though, as for the other...if they find out before we can help them...well, as you told me, that it is possible to do...that rite to a child before they awaken. I cannot see how we would let that happen, not if we can help them. I am also not convinced this would be the best evidence to use, anyway - simply that it is the best we have. Making a move in desperation or too soon will not bring us results we want.  That is not enough, but we can investigate more from what we learned and lay things out for a change instead of always being in a reactive position. However, I have a theory who the other person was...which we can discuss in a safer place. Indeed, more we should not speak of here."

"Yes it was a strong Jaggling but not yet a Lord, if it had not been serving well...Wrinkle, a Umbrood of that power level might have been one of the lieutenants of a Lord."
George said.
"Which give you an idea of ust how powerful a Lord or an Incarna not to mention a Celestine is."

He nodded.

The Primus nodded and watched as you cleansed and banished the Resonances.
"Hum...well done Sodalis...Jeffry's spell ehm..you are getting quite skilled with this child."

"It is good to be tidy and not leave loose ends to pull."

// If you needed me to make a roll for that, let me know otherwise he simply helped the Primus clean up, since that's what he said he was going to do

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:19 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"A hobgoblin would not be good, so let's hope not that..."

"Yes let us hope not indeed those creatures can be pretty big problem."
George said and frowned.

He frowned. "Did I miss something? I didn't hear that it said the child of the sword would be Fallen.

"The spirit did not say it right out, but it did say that if it can not be proven that an Avatar can be cleansed that would destroy the child of the tree, so there is an assumption to make there but perhaps you are right that an assumption might be premature there might be other reasons why the child would be damaged by such proof not being presented, perhaps a saved widderslainte will one day save his or er life for example."
George said after some consideration.

Though, as for the other...if they find out before we can help them...well, as you told me, that it is possible to do...that rite to a child before they awaken. I cannot see how we would let that happen, not if we can help them.

"Yes..as far as I know that...ritual need an Awakened Avatar to work, though if you are destroying the Avatar anyway you can grab a sleeping one and ehm...shake it awake, as distasteful as that might sound."
The old magus said and frowned deeply.
"Hum...yes I imagine that you and your Cabal would do all you could to protect such children...but the Enforcers knowing about them will complicate matters."

I am also not convinced this would be the best evidence to use, anyway - simply that it is the best we have. Making a move in desperation or too soon will not bring us results we want. That is not enough, but we can investigate more from what we learned and lay things out for a change instead of always being in a reactive position. However, I have a theory who the other person was...which we can discuss in a safer place. Indeed, more we should not speak of here."

"I agree there might be better evidence out there it might be better to seal what we have here away somewhere safe and see what else can be found, I also agree though we need to take this conversation somewhere more protected."
The old Hermetic agreed.

"It is good to be tidy and not leave loose ends to pull."

"Indeed very much so."
The Primus agreed then he looked over the room again and headed for the stairs and Colin's apartment.

(OOC: No roll needed Adley have the time to just try until he get it right so there are no need to roll over it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yes...well practice helps I guess but once you get used to it then it is a quick, simple spell to use."
George said with a slight smile.
Colin nodded, "Simple is not the issue, just the speed at which I can concentrate power..."
He frowned, "Ah, I should perhaps not have let on that I know it... Rest assured, no law was broken when I learned it. And I have no intention of irritating the Order by teaching it to others."

S7trif3 wrote:"You wouldn't want people to think you're a one trick pony..."
He grinned, "Fair enough. British badgers look far better suited to a proper top hat, anyway."

Anja wrote:Kyle looked at you and nodded but he still looked scared and shameful.
Anja wrote:"Yeah well if I tried to run it would hurt my Mentor."
Kyle said and scratched his head.
"I have to see this through...I know that but I am so...scared."
He muttered softly.
"But thank you Sir."
He added with a weak smile.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave Kyle a little nod - he was proud of him.
Anja wrote:Kyle looked at you and gave you another weak smile but he was clearly terrified, he was not going to try to run though and betray Jeffry and the trust the older mage had put in him.
He smiled, "You're admitting your fear - There are so many men far larger and stronger-appearing than you who don't have that sort of courage."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah she deserve to grow up, live and be happy."
She said firmly.
"No one have the right to take that from her!"
He nodded firmly, "Exactly. No-one has that right, and when we find the people behind this, we will put a stop to it. By pretty much any means necessary."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"Yes that is good at least, hopefully it will be fine."
The Primus said and sigh.
"Well done is done."
He nodded, "Again, my bad..."

Jeremy wrote:"I feel like she'd be just as curious." Serge mused.
S7trif3 wrote:"You don't have to worry about that," he said flatly.
He shook his head, "She'll only be further annoyed, I think."

Anja wrote:"The money is not an issue, I can send my Custos over to your shop Monday morning with it if that is agreeable to you."
The ancient magus said.
He paused, "My clerk is a Sleeper; owing to the questions she would have to ask for tax purposes and the like... perhaps better wait until I'm back from Horizon, and sort it out then?"

Anja wrote:The spirit gave you a confused look and George whispered in your ear.
"I suspect there are no set max limit surly there can be someone who could reach 153 for example. The spirit's reply is based on the Christian Paradigm it seams which would fit with it's mentioning Archangels later. In the Bible it is mentioned that the age of man shall be 120 years."
He nodded sagely, "Ah, of course... haven't read that book in perhaps a little too long. I stand corrected."

Jeremy wrote:"That seemed kinda rude. Ange always taught that eye contact was important." Serge said with a smile. "I'm not sure if he had eyes though..."
Anja wrote:"Well it is good to do what your Mentor say child but no I am not so sure our new friend have eyes in the same way that we do, but he certainly can see, he can see more than most."
S7trif3 wrote:"Conceptual beings are quite different, and lack of what we'd call eyes is just the start of it. Hrm, of which class of Umbrood was our friend there? A Jaggling still, I imagine?"
Anja wrote:"Yes it was a strong Jaggling but not yet a Lord, if it had not been serving well...Wrinkle, a Umbrood of that power level might have been one of the lieutenants of a Lord."
George said.
He nodded sagely, "I've stood adjacent to enough power to have a notion... An Oracle, though not one of ours... I'm not sure exactly how an Incarna would compare to that, but I imagine it would be reasonably close. Depending on the Incarna, I suppose the difference could go either way..."

Anja wrote:"It must have been a bit of a shock, but we do not know what the future might bring or how, for all we know what is meant is that you will get an apprentice at that time, or a byproduct of your magick will become a living being."
George said softly then he sigh.
"I can not change the spirit's testimony as I record it I am afraid or it will loose it's value, we can decide not to use this testimony but if we are using it then it can not be cut or altered, I am sorry."
The Primus replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes...well, an apprentice is something expected. At some point. Perhaps I took it the wrong way...
Anja wrote:"We do see our apprentices as our children, in may ways they are, they might not be our flesh and blood but we assist them in their Awakening and give them their magick that could very well be what the spirit meant, or the birth of a hobgoblin, they are living beings born of a mage's Quiet and while most of them are spirits a few of them can become physical, there are many things that can be considered a child."
George said softly.
S7trif3 wrote:"A hobgoblin would not be good, so let's hope not that..."
Anja wrote:"Yes let us hope not indeed those creatures can be pretty big problem."
George said and frowned.
He nodded, "There's also the Creation of the Mage's Child - we've still not translated that one, but it might be possible that an improvement on that ancient spell is involved, one wherein the child is not bound to the creator's lifetime."

S7trif3 wrote:"I realize that...still, we can be careful about when and how such is presented. If that bit of information becomes true, I would not want...any harm to come, or for them to use their time magicks to work against it, if it were not meant to be...ah, this is so complicated. Time magick makes me irritated, because I cannot understand it. Prophesies yet we choose, or is it really a choice? Nor do we know which course is better, aside from staying away from the one that is so darkened. Yet there are many choices in between."
Anja wrote:"I believe that we have a choice. I think fate is like a stream, it is easier to let it take you down the river where it want but you can swi against the current, there is always a choice."
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned. "Did I miss something? I didn't hear that it said the child of the sword would be Fallen. Though, as for the other...if they find out before we can help them...well, as you told me, that it is possible to do...that rite to a child before they awaken. I cannot see how we would let that happen, not if we can help them. I am also not convinced this would be the best evidence to use, anyway - simply that it is the best we have. Making a move in desperation or too soon will not bring us results we want. That is not enough, but we can investigate more from what we learned and lay things out for a change instead of always being in a reactive position. However, I have a theory who the other person was...which we can discuss in a safer place. Indeed, more we should not speak of here."
Anja wrote:"The spirit did not say it right out, but it did say that if it can not be proven that an Avatar can be cleansed that would destroy the child of the tree, so there is an assumption to make there but perhaps you are right that an assumption might be premature there might be other reasons why the child would be damaged by such proof not being presented, perhaps a saved widderslainte will one day save his or er life for example."
George said after some consideration.
Anja wrote:"Yes..as far as I know that...ritual need an Awakened Avatar to work, though if you are destroying the Avatar anyway you can grab a sleeping one and ehm...shake it awake, as distasteful as that might sound."
"Hum...yes I imagine that you and your Cabal would do all you could to protect such children...but the Enforcers knowing about them will complicate matters."
Anja wrote:"I agree there might be better evidence out there it might be better to seal what we have here away somewhere safe and see what else can be found, I also agree though we need to take this conversation somewhere more protected."
The old Hermetic agreed.
He nodded thoughtfully, "My child, certainly, I know will be a widderslainte - the love she swore her soul to left a small remnant in my Avatar, and it only fits too well that she would be reborn to be close to that remnant... Precedent should protect her, though, so long as things go approximately according to plan. The child of the sword in the tree, though... I'm not convinced that one will be Fallen, either - it seems quite as likely their life will be saved by one who would otherwise be condemned."
He gave Adley a thin smile, "After all, any child of you would have quite the flock of, hm, protective older cousins, aunts and uncles and the like..."

Jeremy wrote:"I can't think of anything else that needs to be chronicled at the moment. I draw a lot of my significant moments already. Heavily embellished of course. But I'll let you know if anything comes up." Serge said with a smile.
He grinned, "Very well, then, kid... If you need something written down like that, come to me, and I'll call my friend."

Anja wrote:"I will do so."
Engrave said and he stopped writing on the floor and gently took the sheet of metal and started quickly writing on it with lightening fast, precise movements.
He nodded, "Thank you."

Anja wrote:"Yes that would be preferably."
The Primus said.
"We can use my chambers."
Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course and your apprentice need looking after, your apartment then it is warded as well is it not?"
George said and nodded.
"Then we should go there once your friend is done with his task."
He nodded, "With all due respect, Sir, my apartment is perhaps better warded than yours, as far as my Amicus' peculiarity is concerned. The mundane soundproofing is adequate, and it's rather difficult to scry into."

Jeremy wrote:"Sounds like a plan." Serge said nodding approvingly and preparing to follow the group when they had finished tidying up.
S7trif3 wrote:"Very well." He nodded, then assisted in any clean up there was to do, such as clearing up the chalk lines and sigils, and assisting clearing up the resonances left behind. Then he waited if he needed to and left with the others.
Anja wrote:The Primus nodded and watched as you cleansed and banished the Resonances.
S7trif3 wrote:"It is good to be tidy and not leave loose ends to pull."
Anja wrote:"Indeed very much so."
The Primus agreed then he looked over the room again and headed for the stairs and Colin's apartment.
He looked across the room at Adley's work, even as he was wiping up stripes of chalk, "Yes, remarkably neat. I'm not afraid of admitting that my own work is far cruder in that respect."

Anja wrote:Once Engrave was done, which took suprisingly little time, the spirit then handed Colin the sheet back it had been covered by his neat script on both sides. George started cleaning up the room, fishing a suprisingly modern smart phone out of his robes and taking pictures of engrave's script on the floor.
"I have to repair the floor but it seamed rude to just remove his hard work, would you like me to send you the pictures Mr Wainwright?"
The old mage asked.

Once done with this he motioned for everyone to get out of the room before he cast a spell to even the floor, the scratches vanishing along with the drawn circle maing it look clean and new again.
The Primus asked.
He nodded, tucking the sheet of silver carefully under his arm, "Thank you, my friend. You are, as always, free to go where you please. I only ask that you not write on the Chantry's walls, floors or ceilings; the residents have... occasionally complained about feeling unsettled."
He nodded to George, "I would like that; there's usually something of interest in his chronicles, even if perhaps not immediately relevant - but there've been the odd few details that have put things in an entirely new perspective... Do you need a hand up the stairs?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:41 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "Simple is not the issue, just the speed at which I can concentrate power..."
He frowned, "Ah, I should perhaps not have let on that I know it... Rest assured, no law was broken when I learned it. And I have no intention of irritating the Order by teaching it to others."

"Yes I guess that is the problem, the speed of which a spell can be built up."
Nari said then he smiled a little.
"Hey Hermetic secrets mean little to me so no need to apologize to me."
He said and George nodded.
"It is not illegal for you to know Mr Wainwright but yes I would keep it secret yes just in case."

He smiled, "You're admitting your fear - There are so many men far larger and stronger-appearing than you who don't have that sort of courage."

"I guess so Mr Wainwright but I wish I could face my trial and be cool you know but I can't I...can bearly stand I...it is all I can do not to run and hide."
Kyle muttered softly and h looked down.

He nodded firmly, "Exactly. No-one has that right, and when we find the people behind this, we will put a stop to it. By pretty much any means necessary."

"Yeah you will stop them dad and then kick them so hard they go through the Gauntlet."
Anna declared.
"And that is really...really hard!"

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "Again, my bad..."

George nodded at that.

He paused, "My clerk is a Sleeper; owing to the questions she would have to ask for tax purposes and the like... perhaps better wait until I'm back from Horizon, and sort it out then?"

"Ah I see, well that work for me or if you prefer I could bring the money along when I come down for dinner."
The old magus said.
"Just in case I have to leave before...you return I think I can stay a little longer but I don't know. I will know it when the call comes."

He nodded sagely, "Ah, of course... haven't read that book in perhaps a little too long. I stand corrected."

The Primus just nodded at that.

He nodded sagely, "I've stood adjacent to enough power to have a notion... An Oracle, though not one of ours... I'm not sure exactly how an Incarna would compare to that, but I imagine it would be reasonably close. Depending on the Incarna, I suppose the difference could go either way..."

"Hum...well to be declared an Archmaster of Spirit you have to be able to bind an Incana to your will so I do believe an Oracle might be more powerful than a Incarna but then again at those levels of power who is strongest is often a moot point, a Celestine though a God...now that is amazing power."
The old mage said reverently.
"Just their presence might bless a person for months, or fill you with awe."

He nodded, "There's also the Creation of the Mage's Child - we've still not translated that one, but it might be possible that an improvement on that ancient spell is involved, one wherein the child is not bound to the creator's lifetime."

"The difficult part of Creation of the Magus' Child is not the creation of a child, but the binding of an Avatar into the creation, there are many Verbena who have given life to a barren woman or have produced a much desired baby from a acorn, it is creating a child guaranteed to be Gifted which is hard."
George said.
"In fact there is a Verbena working at the witches clinic on Horizon who specialize in giving children to same sex couples, producing a child who are blood related to both parents, this specialist is a Master of the Art, but with her methods the baby are no more or less likely to be Gifted than any other child of a mage."

He nodded thoughtfully, "My child, certainly, I know will be a widderslainte - the love she swore her soul to left a small remnant in my Avatar, and it only fits too well that she would be reborn to be close to that remnant... Precedent should protect her, though, so long as things go approximately according to plan. The child of the sword in the tree, though... I'm not convinced that one will be Fallen, either - it seems quite as likely their life will be saved by one who would otherwise be condemned."
He gave Adley a thin smile, "After all, any child of you would have quite the flock of, hm, protective older cousins, aunts and uncles and the like..."

"The question then is if you would want to risk your future probably daughter's safety by presenting this evidence in court or not Mr Wainwright, that have to be for you and Mr Roth Hicks to decide not me."
The Archmage said with a serious done in his voice.

He nodded, "With all due respect, Sir, my apartment is perhaps better warded than yours, as far as my Amicus' peculiarity is concerned. The mundane soundproofing is adequate, and it's rather difficult to scry into."

"Very well then, your apartment it is then child."
George agreed.

He nodded, tucking the sheet of silver carefully under his arm, "Thank you, my friend. You are, as always, free to go where you please. I only ask that you not write on the Chantry's walls, floors or ceilings; the residents have... occasionally complained about feeling unsettled."

"I do not want to unsettle those with what I can not touch inside, I will stop writing on the walls, floors and ceilings, where can I chronicle?"
Engrave said.

He nodded to George, "I would like that; there's usually something of interest in his chronicles, even if perhaps not immediately relevant - but there've been the odd few details that have put things in an entirely new perspective... Do you need a hand up the stairs?"

"No I should be fine but thank you for offering, it is getting up and sitting down and bending that hurt my back, I guess my years is catching up with me...I could stop that, be young again but I...think it is appropriate, I am starting to feel old I might as well let my physical form reflect that."
George said as his fingers flew over his phone with surprising ease and you heard a ping on your own phone.
"I have sent you the images Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:39 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

Not just that; next week was Thanksgiving. Most people with a four-day weekend, the NFL games, the specials on the TV... 'Heh... I'll try. A tough day, it is when you're the black sheep and you're expected to play nice with those folk who you're related to all damn day.' ending with a little laugh.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' she replied, looking at him critically for a moment to see if he was truly out. 'Question is, which one? Thinking Westchapel will be able to do more with this collar than we could.' pulling out her cell and calling Haderman...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Not just that; next week was Thanksgiving. Most people with a four-day weekend, the NFL games, the specials on the TV... 'Heh... I'll try. A tough day, it is when you're the black sheep and you're expected to play nice with those folk who you're related to all damn day.' ending with a little laugh.

"Yeah my son is coming over for Thanksgiving, it will be nice but I can see how it is stressful if you go badly with the rest of your family."
Your Boss said.
"I guess you have to make the best out of it."

'Thanks.' she replied, looking at him critically for a moment to see if he was truly out. 'Question is, which one? Thinking Westchapel will be able to do more with this collar than we could.' pulling out her cell and calling Haderman...

"Well we do answer to Steelhaven so I think at least our Deacons would want a word in the picture when it comes to us taking this guy to another Chantry."
Ty said sounding skeptical.

You picked up the phone and saw a message from Narim it said.

"I was told you had found the guy already. I have tracked his movements over the last few days though and I was wondering if you wanted this data. I also have a name for him and some other details. He is Ivo Laronti, his employment is somewhat shadowy but he seam to be connected to a powerful Italian mob family one tied to Necromancy.

You called Haderman and the older Etherite picked up.
"Yes Scientist Bouchard what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Adley wrote:"You don't have to worry about that," he said flatly.
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "She'll only be further annoyed, I think."

"She puts on a tough act but normally she likes to know why something hates her. So she can complain about it in more detail." Serge said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"Well it is good to do what your Mentor say child but no I am not so sure our new friend have eyes in the same way that we do, but he certainly can see, he can see more than most."

"Well, I think it's better to look at his being than to just turn away. It just feels more polite. Although it probably doesn't make a difference to him."

Adley wrote:"Conceptual beings are quite different, and lack of what we'd call eyes is just the start of it. Hrm, of which class of Umbrood was our friend there? A Jaggling still, I imagine?"
Anja wrote:"Yes it was a strong Jaggling but not yet a Lord, if it had not been serving well...Wrinkle, a Umbrood of that power level might have been one of the lieutenants of a Lord."
George said.
Colin wrote:He nodded sagely, "I've stood adjacent to enough power to have a notion... An Oracle, though not one of ours... I'm not sure exactly how an Incarna would compare to that, but I imagine it would be reasonably close. Depending on the Incarna, I suppose the difference could go either way..."

"Merging timelines is jaggling level?" Serge said seeming surprised. "Huh, I thought he was super high on the spirit totem pole."

Anja wrote:"I believe that we have a choice. I think fate is like a stream, it is easier to let it take you down the river where it want but you can swi against the current, there is always a choice."

Serge looked curious as a particular name was mentioned. But due to the seriousness of the conversation, decided not to interrupt, feeling it best to save the questions for later.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Very well, then, kid... If you need something written down like that, come to me, and I'll call my friend."

"He can chronicle the duel between me and Master Nassa tommorow. That seems like a fun story to record." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:Once done with this he motioned for everyone to get out of the room before he cast a spell to even the floor, the scratches vanishing along with the drawn circle maing it look clean and new again.
The Primus asked.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "With all due respect, Sir, my apartment is perhaps better warded than yours, as far as my Amicus' peculiarity is concerned. The mundane soundproofing is adequate, and it's rather difficult to scry into."
Anja wrote:"Very well then, your apartment it is then child."
George agreed.

"Is your room really more well warded than the Primus's? Serge said sounding skeptical.

(OOC: I much prefer your method. Because now Serge can summon pencils to himself Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:46 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'Let's simply get him in the car and sort out that later.'

Anja's Post:

'We have the attacker from the ice-cream place, sir.' she replied, in a way which the listener clearly could tell they were smiling. 'Do you want him at yours? Think you're going to have the whole "but we found him first!" argument with our brass.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a puzzled frown to this, then showed the other two the message; clearly wanting their thoughts on the subject.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 pm

[Scott's Auto]

'Let's simply get him in the car and sort out that later.'

"Agreed."
Ty said simply as he pushed the captive into the car.

We have the attacker from the ice-cream place, sir.' she replied, in a way which the listener clearly could tell they were smiling. 'Do you want him at yours? Think you're going to have the whole "but we found him first!" argument with our brass.'

"Ah excellent work Scientist Bouchard."
Dr Hadermann said.
"Do I want him, yes I very much do, however I do not want to sour Westchapel's relationship with Steelhaven Hall, you better call Master Morgan and clear it with him before taking the captive here."
The older Etherite said.
"Good relations are useful after all."

Nicole gave a puzzled frown to this, then showed the other two the message; clearly wanting their thoughts on the subject.

"Well shit, now given the odd critters I have seen in my day Necromancer mobsters do not really surprise me much but why on earth would they have it in for augmented human beings?"
The Akashic asked.
"I think we should perhaps take this information to the Chief."
Miles said and frowned.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Well, I think it's better to look at his being than to just turn away. It just feels more polite. Although it probably doesn't make a difference to him."

"No I do not think it makes much of a difference to him child."
The Primus said.
"But if it is what feels the most right for you to do, then do so."

"Merging timelines is jaggling level?" Serge said seeming surprised. "Huh, I thought he was super high on the spirit totem pole."

"No spirits can be quite powerful child, a Jaggling can be very powerful but their power is limited to one small part of reality."
George explained.

"He can chronicle the duel between me and Master Nassa tommorow. That seems like a fun story to record." Serge said with a smile.

"I can do what you ask strange man with what I can't touch inside."
Engrave said.

"Is your room really more well warded than the Primus's? Serge said sounding skeptical.

"Again child we are a taking about one specific purpose versus a general one. Are my wards more powerful than those of Mr Wainwright? Certainly they are so if our goal is to avoid someone breaking in with magick, or casting a spell on my chambers yes my wards are better for that. However Mr Wainwright is rather used to dealing with his Cabalmate's particular problem of being overheard than I do and have set is chambers up to make it a safe place to converse with his friend. Can I cast such a ward and probably make it stronger, yes but when a ward is already in place which are quite specialized at your Cabalmate's home then using that seams the logical choice."
The old achmage said explained as he walked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:32 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"I can do what you ask strange man with what I can't touch inside."
Engrave said.

"I'll bring something you can write on. And perhaps afterwards I'll add a visual element to complement your words. If you works with you of course." Serge said smiling at the spirit.

Anja wrote:"Again child we are a taking about one specific purpose versus a general one. Are my wards more powerful than those of Mr Wainwright? Certainly they are so if our goal is to avoid someone breaking in with magick, or casting a spell on my chambers yes my wards are better for that. However Mr Wainwright is rather used to dealing with his Cabalmate's particular problem of being overheard than I do and have set is chambers up to make it a safe place to converse with his friend. Can I cast such a ward and probably make it stronger, yes but when a ward is already in place which are quite specialized at your Cabalmate's home then using that seams the logical choice."

"That makes sense. I guess I just figured that you had everything in your room already. Every ward imaginable for maximum protecrion" Serge said with a shrug.

"Oh by the way sir. I should probably give you your ring back. Thanks for the spirit sight." Serge said preparing to take off the gold ring that the Primus had given him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:51 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He grinned, "Fair enough. British badgers look far better suited to a proper top hat, anyway."

"So what you're saying is you're a Hufflepuff?" he teased.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"She puts on a tough act but normally she likes to know why something hates her. So she can complain about it in more detail." Serge said with a grin.

He gave a sidelong glance to Serge.

"The spirit did not say it right out, but it did say that if it can not be proven that an Avatar can be cleansed that would destroy the child of the tree, so there is an assumption to make there but perhaps you are right that an assumption might be premature there might be other reasons why the child would be damaged by such proof not being presented, perhaps a saved widderslainte will one day save his or er life for example."
George said after some considerat

"Sometimes things are different than they seem, assuming what a spirit means is tricky. I could not ask more, I was too surprised and in hindsight perhaps I should not have asked at all..."

"Yes..as far as I know that...ritual need an Awakened Avatar to work, though if you are destroying the Avatar anyway you can grab a sleeping one and ehm...shake it awake, as distasteful as that might sound."

He looked deeply uncomfortable.

"The difficult part of Creation of the Magus' Child is not the creation of a child, but the binding of an Avatar into the creation, there are many Verbena who have given life to a barren woman or have produced a much desired baby from a acorn, it is creating a child guaranteed to be Gifted which is hard."
George said.
"In fact there is a Verbena working at the witches clinic on Horizon who specialize in giving children to same sex couples, producing a child who are blood related to both parents, this specialist is a Master of the Art, but with her methods the baby are no more or less likely to be Gifted than any other child of a mage."

"Ah...that is facinating; well, let's not speak of such here."

"The question then is if you would want to risk your future probably daughter's safety by presenting this evidence in court or not Mr Wainwright, that have to be for you and Mr Roth Hicks to decide not me."
The Archmage said with a serious done in his voice.

"The best way to protect one is not to put them in danger in the first place," he said simply.

"I agree there might be better evidence out there it might be better to seal what we have here away somewhere safe and see what else can be found, I also agree though we need to take this conversation somewhere more protected."
The old Hermetic agreed.

He nodded.

"No spirits can be quite powerful child, a Jaggling can be very powerful but their power is limited to one small part of reality."
George explained.

"It depends what the spirit's duties are, also," he said, agreeing with the Primus. "They can only do what they are born to do, or...at least they should, without causing them intense distress, as we just saw. Acting against their nature is painful for their existence. And the categorizations are still rather broad, really when it comes to ranking power."

"Hum...well to be declared an Archmaster of Spirit you have to be able to bind an Incana to your will so I do believe an Oracle might be more powerful than a Incarna but then again at those levels of power who is strongest is often a moot point, a Celestine though a God...now that is amazing power."
The old mage said reverently.
"Just their presence might bless a person for months, or fill you with awe."

He certainly hadn't meant for the conversation to go this direction, and couldn't add to it really without breaking his promise. Though he did wonder if the Primus had noted something in his resonance; he stood quietly listening with a catlike expression.

He looked across the room at Adley's work, even as he was wiping up stripes of chalk, "Yes, remarkably neat. I'm not afraid of admitting that my own work is far cruder in that respect."

"Thank you, my pater has instilled finesse as a goal, not just power."

"Again child we are a taking about one specific purpose versus a general one. Are my wards more powerful than those of Mr Wainwright? Certainly they are so if our goal is to avoid someone breaking in with magick, or casting a spell on my chambers yes my wards are better for that. However Mr Wainwright is rather used to dealing with his Cabalmate's particular problem of being overheard than I do and have set is chambers up to make it a safe place to converse with his friend. Can I cast such a ward and probably make it stronger, yes but when a ward is already in place which are quite specialized at your Cabalmate's home then using that seams the logical choice."
"That makes sense. I guess I just figured that you had everything in your room already. Every ward imaginable for maximum protecrion" Serge said with a shrug.

He made sure he had all his gear and then followed them to Colin's room. He looked a bit embarrassed and said to Serge, "I will explain when we are in his room."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:19 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'Will do, sir.' Nicole replied. Unless the Professor had anything to add, she'll end the call and call the Chief...

Anja's Post:

Nicole's face made it clear she was a little disappointed that neither of them could shed any light on the situation...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:00 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"I'll bring something you can write on. And perhaps afterwards I'll add a visual element to complement your words. If you works with you of course." Serge said smiling at the spirit.

"I engrave with my claws."
Was all the spirit had to say.
"It is my purpose."

"I prefer not to live in a magickal Faraday cage child."
George replied mildly.

"Oh by the way sir. I should probably give you your ring back. Thanks for the spirit sight." Serge said preparing to take off the gold ring that the Primus had given him.

"Ah yes off course thank you."
The ancient mage said and he held out his hand for the ring.

"Sometimes things are different than they seem, assuming what a spirit means is tricky. I could not ask more, I was too surprised and in hindsight perhaps I should not have asked at all..."

"Sometimes it is better not to know."
George agreed.
"And yes figuring out the words of a spirit are often a task onto itself, they speak from their own perspective caring little for ours."

"Ah...that is facinating; well, let's not speak of such here."

"Agreed we can discuss it further in private if that makes you more comfortable Sodalis."
The Primus replied and nodded.

"The best way to protect one is not to put them in danger in the first place," he said simply.

"Indeed, the for and against of delivering this evidence to the proper authorities have to be carefully considered."
The old magus agreed with a nod.

"It depends what the spirit's duties are, also," he said, agreeing with the Primus. "They can only do what they are born to do, or...at least they should, without causing them intense distress, as we just saw. Acting against their nature is painful for their existence. And the categorizations are still rather broad, really when it comes to ranking power."

"We human beings can be interested in something...some cause or task or activity or study can be our passion, but a spirit are their purpose it is not something they do it is what they do."
The Primus added.
"This makes them powerful but also highly specialized."

He certainly hadn't meant for the conversation to go this direction, and couldn't add to it really without breaking his promise. Though he did wonder if the Primus had noted something in his resonance; he stood quietly listening with a catlike expression.

George looked at you for a moment with knowing in his blue gray eyes, but he said nothing.

"Thank you, my pater has instilled finesse as a goal, not just power."

"Your Mentor control his magick like a surgeon controls his knife."
The old Hermetic said with a fond smile.

He made sure he had all his gear and then followed them to Colin's room. He looked a bit embarrassed and said to Serge, "I will explain when we are in his room."

The Primus did not comment your expression but he lead the way back to Colin's apartment and waited for the Orphan to let the group in.

[Scott's Auto]

'Will do, sir.' Nicole replied. Unless the Professor had anything to add, she'll end the call and call the Chief...

"Good please inform me if you are bringing the prisoner here and I will have a room prepared for his interrogation."
Dr Hadermann said before hanging up.

You called the Chief and the old Flambeau replied.
"Yes this is I how may I help you?"

Nicole's face made it clear she was a little disappointed that neither of them could shed any light on the situation...

"Yeah well sorry that mobster necomancers where on in my curriculum at the academy."
Miles said wryly upon seeing your expression.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'Target acquired, sir. Will deliver them to you if you want, but I know a Professor in the city who I think would get more out of them than us.' Nicole replied, being careful not to give too much information over an insecure channel.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"I prefer not to live in a magickal Faraday cage child."
George replied mildly.

"I would totally stick as many wards as I could into my room.  I don't even have anything to protect. Just knowing they were there would be enough for me. It would make me feel like an old timey wizard. In his tower filled to the brim with magical protection." Serge mused as he walked beside the Primus.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course thank you."
The ancient mage said and he held out his hand for the ring.

Serge gave one last friendly smile to Engrave. "Guess this is where we part ways. Hope to see you again soon."
Serge took of the ring and gave it back to the Primis. "That's a nice ring." he commented.

Adley wrote:He made sure he had all his gear and then followed them to Colin's room. He looked a bit embarrassed and said to Serge, "I will explain when we are in his room."

Serge nodded and followed the group.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next