Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 8 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:34 am

[Colin's room]

Anja wrote:"Hum...you said we should use Quintessence which could not be in the other timeline, well we know Anna was cut from her magick for months in the other one, while here it is merely controlled, she have been allowed to cast magick, what if we drain one of her active enchantments and use that Quintessence, that would not be Resonated by her Art in the other tiemeline."
Beatrice suggested.
Anja wrote:"That would only be useful if this have mentally affected Anna, when I treated her she seamed confused, not knowing why she was getting sick, but her memories seam to it with this timeline."
Beatrice said.

"You know...that's another big difference between the timelines. While she's on the collar she's allowed to use her magick periodically. I can't imagine serum Anna getting that kind of freedom." Serge pondered. "Reminding her of those times, like her duels with Kyle, where she was allowed to use her magick would resonate quite strongly with her. They could be neat events to infuse with her quintessence."

Anja wrote:"Agreed he should be heading up the stairs now if you go and meet him and fill him in Serge that would be useful."
Narim said and nodded.

"Sure thing. I'll be back in flash." Serge said politely and left to go meet up with his Uncle at the stairs and fill him in on all that had happened.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 8 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:31 am

[Colin's room]

"You know...that's another big difference between the timelines. While she's on the collar she's allowed to use her magick periodically. I can't imagine serum Anna getting that kind of freedom." Serge pondered. "Reminding her of those times, like her duels with Kyle, where she was allowed to use her magick would resonate quite strongly with her. They could be neat events to infuse with her quintessence."

"That is the other benefit of the collar over the serum, you can not turn the serum on and of, you get injected it last for 24 hours then it stops working, the collar allow his student to have some freedem with her magick."
Beatrice said and Kyle nodded.
"What if I start talking with her about last time we sparred perhaps that will help."
The boy said and Narim nodded.
"I do not think it will do any harm so go for it kid."
He said and Kyle smiled and walked over to Anna who where laying on the sofa being tended to by Amadeus.

"Sure thing. I'll be back in flash." Serge said politely and left to go meet up with his Uncle at the stairs and fill him in on all that had happened.

You saw your uncle come up the stairs, he was wearing a turquoise shirt today and brown pants he gave you a wave but he looked concerned.
"Hey kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 am

[Travelling]
Anja's Post:

'Yeah, well there's two things about it that's new. One, there's at least a dozen cases in three cities. Two, we think it's an attack, not a disease.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 am

[Colin's Room]

"That he is, perhaps a bit to bold at times Adley but then again his boldness have saved our skins more than once so it is hard to judge."
Narim said and nodded.

"I'm not denying he gets results. His ideas, on the other hand, sometimes make me want to pull my hair out."

"I understand but getting into a mindset of an eternal now is the first step to being able to manipulate time even if you might not be able to do so just yet."
The Virtual Adept said. "But yes such magick can be hard to wrap one's head around, and certainly it can be frustrating he agreed."

He shrugged a little. "I didn't understand space either till I got chucked around the Tellurian and somehow didn't lose my mind. I don't suggest that method of learning, though."

"Yes, above the void concepts are not yet born and words fail, for they to only exist as will, a will not yet directed and two are one and yet they are not as they will be." The Deaconess agreed. "Dragons and colors no longer have meaning for meaning comes later, over the void there are only the light of shining creation, the true splendor of unhindered will and from there time begin to drip like diamonds filling a wast sea."

"That I understand, but I'm not exactly sure how to use it to help our situation. Other than we're down here, trying to keep our dragon separate..."

"So use an event or an idea that could've only happened in this timeline to try and separate the two. That's kinda like what the Deaconess was saying. Remind the dragons on how they're different. Except we strengthen that event with magick." Serge said with a nod.

Adley nodded, still pacing a little loop between Narim and Beatrice at the couch. Pace, pace, pace, pause near Narim. Frown, turn, pace.

"I suspect you are right brother...that the content of the message is not important as that seam to be the same in both timelines, it is the reason why you would send such a message when you could right now just head on down and talk with Master Morgan which is the question, that is where the difference lies."
Beatrice said.

"If it becomes necessary to disclose the contents to help...but for now, I think the same."

"Hum...you said we should use Quintessence which could not be in the other timeline, well we know Anna was cut from her magick for months in the other one, while here it is merely controlled, she have been allowed to cast magick, what if we drain one of her active enchantments and use that Quintessence, that would not be Resonated by her Art in the other tiemeline." Beatrice suggested.

"That might work, but I can't yet free the Quintessence from an enchanted object and transfer it to her - though she might be able to do so herself, or Colin might be able to do that, when he gets here, or someone else..." he said thoughtfully. "It's an idea, one better than the non-option and I don't think it should interfere too much..." he glance at Narim and Serge to see what they thought.

"I can remind someone of themselves mentally. Reminding people of who they and what they value. Memories they cherish and emotions they've felt throughout their lives. I did it with Kyle when he was having his throwback." Serge informed the group. "A person changes constantly, at least mentally. The different Anna's probably have vastly different mental states that we can use to further differentiate the two timelines."[/quote]
"That would only be useful if this have mentally affected Anna, when I treated her she seamed confused, not knowing why she was getting sick, but her memories seam to it with this timeline."
Beatrice said.

"So, something physical then, or energetic..."

"True."

"That is the other benefit of the collar over the serum, you can not turn the serum on and of, you get injected it last for 24 hours then it stops working, the collar allow his student to have some freedem with her magick."
"What if I start talking with her about last time we sparred perhaps that will help."
He said and Kyle smiled and walked over to Anna who where laying on the sofa being tended to by Amadeus.

He nodded and watched Kyle walk over to try to talk to Anna.

"It'll probably be important to see what he has to say about this." Serge said with a nod.
"Agreed he should be heading up the stairs now if you go and meet him and fill him in Serge that would be useful."
Narim said and nodded.

He moved aside so that Serge could get by and turned to give Anna a worried glance.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:18 am

[Travelling]

Yeah, well there's two things about it that's new. One, there's at least a dozen cases in three cities. Two, we think it's an attack, not a disease.'

"An attack? Do we know who is doing this? The Union?"
Narim asked.

[Colin's Room]

"I'm not denying he gets results. His ideas, on the other hand, sometimes make me want to pull my hair out."

"Indeed, Mr Wainwright seam to be the image of reckless at times."
Narim agreed.

He shrugged a little. "I didn't understand space either till I got chucked around the Tellurian and somehow didn't lose my mind. I don't suggest that method of learning, though."

"Having one's mind ripped opened as a gift on Christmas morning is not a good way to learn, one might learn something nifty but it is not fun being the box."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

"That I understand, but I'm not exactly sure how to use it to help our situation. Other than we're down here, trying to keep our dragon separate..."

"You do not need to know or to understand you can dance with the dragons of time like raindrops hitting the hair of the forest maiden."
Mara said as if that made everything clearer.

Adley nodded, still pacing a little loop between Narim and Beatrice at the couch. Pace, pace, pace, pause near Narim. Frown, turn, pace.

"Why don't I make some tea."
Narim said as he watched you pace, but when his phone rang.
"Ah excuse me."
He said as e replied.
"I will go and make some tea and you want a cup Adley."
Beatrice said, it was not a question.

"If it becomes necessary to disclose the contents to help...but for now, I think the same."

The young Verbena nodded at that.

"That might work, but I can't yet free the Quintessence from an enchanted object and transfer it to her - though she might be able to do so herself, or Colin might be able to do that, when he gets here, or someone else..." he said thoughtfully. "It's an idea, one better than the non-option and I don't think it should interfere too much..." he glance at Narim and Serge to see what they thought.

"I might be able to if Anna is not able to do so herself."
Beatrice said.
"As she are unable to use her magick at the moment she will probably need help."
Narim looked up he was in the middle of the conversation with Nicole.
"I can take care of it if you want, get some Quintessence....from one of her wards maybe?"
He asked.
"And transfer it back to her?"

"So, something physical then, or energetic..."

"Indeed...hum what about the paradox that she could not have been given the serum, the girl's arms are bruised but the skin of her arms are perfect, she have a scrape to a finger and another on the back of her hand from playing with Charlie but other than that her skin have not been damaged for a long time, she could not have been given injections....we might be able to use that."
Beatrice suggested.

As you stood there you got a text message which read, if you looked at it.

"This is Helga...ehm there was a screaming man in the basement, pretty as a girl with amazing green eyes he called your name Mr RH and then he just vanished...have texted the Chief about it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

A sound of a little chuckle. 'No, this is a gift the Union got too. Couple of Mundies too, from what we can tell. But we've managed to get a photo of one of the attackers here in Boston. Can you do any tracking tricks you can pull off if you've got that and a time/location to start off with? He must have been clocked by so many cameras.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am

[Travelling]

"The Union got this issue as well, that somehow make it more troubling, the enemy you know vs the enemy you don't."
Narim said and you could hear him frown.
"And mundanes getting the illness as well is troubling, did they have implants as well?"
He said then he added.
"You have a picture and a time and location, yes sure, one moment I just need to take the phone off my hear to retrieve the spare computer I have stored in an app, I am over at Mr Wainwright's place working on...another issue. If you send me the time and place and picture I will get the search started at once."
The young technomancer agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... my theory is that these people are simply targeting folk with implants in general. Union are worried, but are pulling a Moses strategy. So nothing quick will happen on that side. I'll send the details once this call is done. Is this... "other issue" the fact for some weird reason we seem to be colliding with an alternate reality or something?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:03 am

[Travelling]

"Well the Union do have their red tape to navigate, which is usually a good thing but not in this case."
Narim said.
"That would be it, we seam to be colliding with a timeline that Mr Wainwright prevented where his apprentice was put on that horrid green serum for months, we are trying to figure it out and the Primus is working on it, in the mean time we are trying to sort out what Mara have to say about it, she might know what to do and what is happening but she can be...a challenge to understand."
He said and sigh.
"Well she is who she is one can not blame her for that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... is it possible that the alt we're crashing into is actually quite different to ours, and this serum thing which is only one of the differences?' she hazarded. 'After all, with stuff like this it's always difficult to pinpoint the exact time/place where the divergence happened.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 am

[Travelling]

"Yes it is possible, there is also a text message which is sent and not sent, so it is hard to know how many changes there are. I have to admit to know very little about what is going on really, or how to stop it, I feel like we are trying stop gap measures until we know more."
Narim replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:24 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... is it possible that one of us might be able to send a message to our alt-selves? Two heads are better than one.' ending with a little chuckle.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 am

[Travelling]

"Hum...you are saying something there, we might be able to...it will not be easy but I might be able to write a program which will relay such a message to the other timeline we are merging with."
Narim said.
"Mind you I said might, that would be some of the most difficult program I have ever run."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:39 am

[Travelling]
Anja's Post:

'Well, if two worlds are merging, wouldn't this be global? Anything on the grapevine that others are seemingly having attacks of the gremlins?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am

[Traveling]
Anja wrote:"If someone is trying to loot the apartment of a little old lady then the soldiers SHOULD stop that and protect said little old ladies."
Adjan said flatly.
"The thing is this if someone started trouble as the situation are now and started killing the rich and causing riots then off curse soldiers would side with law and order as they should, if things get allot worse and they are ordered to kill civilians that is a completely different matter."
The Euthanathos commented.

"Yes, for example there are many who are lower middle class and poor who vote Republican since they buy into the propaganda, making it clear that the system is bad for all of us would help."
The death magus agreed.

"That is dangerously naive Miss Bouchard, and your disregard for the value of life is quite frankly troubling."
The Euthanathos said darkly.

"The problem Miss Bouchard is that you are both ignorant, a mage and handle firearms, process a frank disregard for life and an ability to plan which mimic the understanding of a five year old."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Do you honestly thing that if you just get rid of your bogymen then everyone will fall in line with a happy, happy communist utopia where everyone work together for no money or intensive and keep a chain of stores than cover the nation running through trading in chickens and woven baskets? For that young lady is not how the world works. A Socialist Democracy is a great way to run a country, what you describe is not that, it is la la land utopia ignoring human nature, practical difficulties or just plain reality itself. Now being naive can be a most charming trait but now when guns and murder are involved in said la la land fantasy, then it is disturbing."
The Euthanathos said, his patience at an end.

"Ah yes off course if someone see though your stupidity Miss Bouchard then they are controlled by your bogymen, I hear the same thing from the church, if you do not agree with our ideas it is because the Devil manipulate you. No removing the super rich with not crash civilization, however destroying the economy will. No society, no single society have ever grown beyond scattered tribes of hunter gatherers based on a barter system alone, the thing is a barter system is not effective in organizing larder societies, you can not hire workers to build a particle accelerator or a airport just to make a few examples by paying them in goats. Look to Scandinavia for example they have Socialist Democracies, universal health care. systems to support the poor, decent wages, off course all is not roses and rainbows but it is hell of a lot better than they have it here but they use money."
Adjan said and shook his head.
"What you describe sounds like the dribble Stalin and his ilk sprouted, and the only way they could maintain any kind of society with those ideas was through torturing and killing all who disagreed with them and even so the Soviet Union ended up with starving masses, what you describe simply do not work."

"Yes very much so under all of the civility we are animals and when that civility fall away under a mass panic we are back to survival of the fittest. Again then a look of history to see how such revolts have generally gone would be a boon if one plan to start such a movement."
Adjan said flatly.

"I agree with Colin here, you can not expect millions to just fall in line because they are so gung ho on your ideology, the wast majority don't give a rat's ass about ideology they just want themselves and their family healthy, fed and safe and if they do not have that they will riot."
Adjan said and nodded in agreement.
Nicole wrote:'Both of you are missing the point; that a revolution ain't made from the actions of a few, but a groundswell of support from the people.' Nicole replied, clearly exasperated. 'A situation where there is already empty shelves, blackouts and looting; that peaceful demands are met with bullets, tear-gas and batons. That "destruction of the economy" can't really be done 'cos it's already happened.'

'The revolutionist's tasks are to fill the void left by the Oligarchy's failures, nothing more or less. There will be a big void, 'cos it's Federal policy that if everything goes to hell, to simply let people die and cities burn. I believe they call it "continuity of government".'

'The US clearly ain't at this position yet. This means the task is to raise the conciousness of the people. So when things do fall apart - or the Oligarchy decide to impose a police state - people pull together, not leap at each other's throats. That there are already people ready and willing to step up and take charge. Ones who give a shit about people.'

'You say I describe a "la la land which ignores reality"? Well, I say you describe a mysterious world where the Oligarchy will simply roll over due to polite asking. Why would they? They're in charge. They will use propaganda, bribery, law, religion and trickery to block you. And if those fail to stop you, they will walk on your faces. Don't believe me? Watch the news carefully. See how the talking heads of the Oligarchy spout nice-sounding nothings when told about say child poverty, then note the complete angry venom when it's suggested they should pay more in taxes.'

'This might shock you, but really hope I'm wrong, I do. That the Oligarchy simply gives up. But, unfortunately I don't think they will.'
Anja wrote:"If such a situation happened then off course that is one thing, it is not likely to though as it would not serve the super rich in any way, what serve them are a sleeping, consuming and mostly content population that keep feeding their bank books, having empty shelves and riots in the streets are the opposite of what they would desire."
Adjan said and shook his head.
"If a situation like what you describe should arise Miss Bouchard it will not be the deed of the rich."

"That would depend on what you mean by a police state, even if the police and military got more power and things got more unfair, having a collapse of society would not be better, every single revolution have had people at each other's throats, not a single one have ended well. Also you seam to prescribe the super rich the role of evil bogymen who want to destroy everything around you, that is underestimating them, they do not want things to collapse they simply don't care who they step on as they grab more and more wealth, the situation is not likely to get to what you describe unless the Nephandi get more power or someone try to force the situation."
The Euthanathos said and shook his head.

"The problem is that you see only two possible courses of action, asking nicely and violence, there are quite a few other options and quite a few nations have peacefully shifted to more fair, more balanced systems of government using political pressure and diplomacy and not bullets."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Off course they will not just roll over but shooting at them and tearing down society is not the way to go there are far better options one can use. However for now, what about we focus on the mission at hand and we can take this back up again over coffee when someone is not out there murdering people?"
The Euthanathos asked.
Colin frowned, then nodded, "I think I see what you're trying to get at, then... You speak of reacting after the Collapse. We're talking about preventing the Collapse entirely and replacing the flawed parts of the structure before things deteriorate into desperate violence on a nationwide scale... You would make a fine warlord's lieutenant, I think, but not so much a leader, yourself..."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... I don't plan for shit like that. Never had the level of cash to be able to.' Nicole replied, looking a little uncomfortable. Perhaps due to the fact Colin might have picked a bad analogy to start with - the Etherite's dental condition was one which clearly hadn't seen a dentist in years, perhaps decades.
He smiled wryly, "The blight of poverty - never learning to plan ahead, because there are no resources to plan for in the long term..."

[Homeward Bound]
Anja wrote:"Because Colin's apprentice have fallen ill and he needs to get home to tend to her and figure out what is going on and going through the Umbra I can get us back to Steelhaven faster than in physical reality and we need to pass over into the Umbra somewhere Sleepers will not witness it."
Adjan explained.
Nicole wrote:'I see... Is there any other differences of the "other" timeline we should know of?'
He shrugged, "We don't know yet... They've probably found more hiccups at the Chantry. I'm guessing it's centered around Steelhaven Hall, though, but we've yet to find out what's the actual nexus of it."

Anja wrote:"Far be it for me to defend a Paradox Spirit Colin but I don't think Old Man Wrinkle control the time line and as such it is not a breach of agreement from him if something happen to it."
Adjan said and he started rolling his dice as soon as you got to the old, decrepit warehouse and soon the car glided into the Umbra, it felt different here like passing through electricity, now the car was in the same place but the warehouse was an old, stone mill and all around the buildings looked more vibrant, ore alive, a pack of pink spirits that looked like cotton candy with eyes came walking from the direction of the ice cream shop, each one looked so happy.
"Remember drive towards what remind you of home."
Adjan said as his dice stopped rolling.
He shook his head, "I don't think this is Wrinkle's doing at all. If it were, I suspect the timeline shift would have happened without anyone noticing. This apparent melding of two timelines... that seems contrary to his nature; he's all about resolving paradoxes, not inducing them. I'm wouldn't accuse him of breaking an agreement, either - I don't think he's able to - but this shit would certainly be something he'd be interested in resolving before something bad happens to continuity..."

((OOC: Sorry I didn't post last night; had an MRI late in the evening, and didn't get home until nearly midnight, when I was worn out. Good news is, I have a spine. Not-so-good news is, it'll take a couple week for the results to show up at my doc's. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:27 pm

[Traveling]

'Well, if two worlds are merging, wouldn't this be global? Anything on the grapevine that others are seemingly having attacks of the gremlins?'

"It might be global that is yet to be determined."
Narim said.
"I have not heard anything from anyone else yet."

He shrugged, "We don't know yet... They've probably found more hiccups at the Chantry. I'm guessing it's centered around Steelhaven Hall, though, but we've yet to find out what's the actual nexus of it."

"We will probably learn more about what the situation are when we return to Steelhaven."
Adjan said and nodded.

He shook his head, "I don't think this is Wrinkle's doing at all. If it were, I suspect the timeline shift would have happened without anyone noticing. This apparent melding of two timelines... that seems contrary to his nature; he's all about resolving paradoxes, not inducing them. I'm wouldn't accuse him of breaking an agreement, either - I don't think he's able to - but this shit would certainly be something he'd be interested in resolving before something bad happens to continuity..."

"I suspect you are right he would like to sort this out but let us hope we do not have to involve such a spirit."
The Euthanathos said as you drove towards the Chantry.
"We should not be far from home now."

(OOC: Not a problem, have you had back problems?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm

[Homeward Bound]
Anja wrote:"I suspect you are right he would like to sort this out but let us hope we do not have to involve such a spirit."
The Euthanathos said as you drove towards the Chantry.
"We should not be far from home now."
Colin nodded, weaving the car past a hedge of familiar-looking roses and swerving slightly to avoid some surprised-looking spirits on the way, "Quite; if we can sort this out and smooth the timeline over before he comes around to fix things, it would be all for the better."

((OOC: Only low-key chronic pain for a couple of decades or so. Nothing crippling, not enough to make it worth going through the hassle of painkillers, but enough to flare up and make it hard to sit comfortably or lift heavy stuff at times.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:39 pm

[Colin's room]

Anja wrote:"That is the other benefit of the collar over the serum, you can not turn the serum on and of, you get injected it last for 24 hours then it stops working, the collar allow his student to have some freedem with her magick."

"At the very least it'll help keep her mind of this whole ordeal." Serge said with a nod.

Adley wrote:"That might work, but I can't yet free the Quintessence from an enchanted object and transfer it to her - though she might be able to do so herself, or Colin might be able to do that, when he gets here, or someone else..." he said thoughtfully. "It's an idea, one better than the non-option and I don't think it should interfere too much..." he glance at Narim and Serge to see what they thought.
Adley wrote:"So, something physical then, or energetic..."
Anja wrote:"I might be able to if Anna is not able to do so herself."
Beatrice said.
"As she are unable to use her magick at the moment she will probably need help."
"I can take care of it if you want, get some Quintessence....from one of her wards maybe?"
He asked.

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said with a nod. "Remind her of herself, Mind, Body, and Spirit. We should probably see what our resident time wizard has to say about though."

Anja wrote:You saw your uncle come up the stairs, he was wearing a turquoise shirt today and brown pants he gave you a wave but he looked concerned.
"Hey kid."

"Hey! Figured it'd be faster if I told you what's happening on the way. Come on let's walk and talk" Serge said smiling as he saw his Uncle. He turned around and led his Uncle back to Mr. Wainwright's room while explaining all that had happened.

"So from what I'm understanding, two different timelines are converging and causing weird stuff to happen. Adley sent a text that he didn't actually send and Anna is currently feeling the effects of the serum that she's not suppose to be on. Basically the effects of the other timeline is bleeding into our own. So in the other timeline Anna had been on the Serum for two month and now our timeline's Anna is feeling those effects."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:49 pm

[Homeward Bound]

"Yes there is a chance that Old Man Wrinle will come on his own to see what is wrong with the timeline."
Adjan said and frowned, you saw a massive, medieval fort before you, Steelhaven's manifestation in the Umbra.
"Ok, if you take us into the garage, that would be the courtyard, I will pass us though the Gauntlet again."
The Euthanathos said and he started rolling his dice.

[Colin's room]

"At the very least it'll help keep her mind of this whole ordeal." Serge said with a nod.

"Yeah she must be nervous if her magick is not working as it should."
Kyle said and frowned.
"Poor Anna, at least seam seam to be fairly calm."
He added before heading over to the girl.

"Hey! Figured it'd be faster if I told you what's happening on the way. Come on let's walk and talk" Serge said smiling as he saw his Uncle. He turned around and led his Uncle back to Mr. Wainwright's room while explaining all that had happened.

"Very well, tell me what is going on."
Your uncle agreed as he joined you towards Colin's apartment.

"So from what I'm understanding, two different timelines are converging and causing weird stuff to happen. Adley sent a text that he didn't actually send and Anna is currently feeling the effects of the serum that she's not suppose to be on. Basically the effects of the other timeline is bleeding into our own. So in the other timeline Anna had been on the Serum for two month and now our timeline's Anna is feeling those effects."

"I see...that is not good."
Ryan said.
"Ok I will see what I can find out, is anywhere else in the Chantry affected than Mr Wainwright's room? Did this happen just now?"
He asked and he nodded to the other mages preset and bowed to Narim and Mara when he entered the apartment.

(OOC: Yeah that sucks, it is good you are getting it looked into.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 pm

[Colin's room]

Anja wrote:"I see...that is not good."
Ryan said.
"Ok I will see what I can find out, is anywhere else in the Chantry affected than Mr Wainwright's room? Did this happen just now?"
He asked and he nodded to the other mages preset and bowed to Narim and Mara when he entered the apartment.

"I think Adley's phone thing happened a while ago, but I'm not sure. It's only been a few minutes since Anna's time problems started. So far it's just been Adley and Anna. I don't if there's been any other incidents." Serge replied.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:44 pm

[Colin's Room]

"Indeed, Mr Wainwright seam to be the image of reckless at times."
Narim agreed.

'Oh, he thinks it through, though. I know he does. I think he likes to put the worst case scenario out there so we can scramble to find an alternative the fastest..."

"Having one's mind ripped opened as a gift on Christmas morning is not a good way to learn, one might learn something nifty but it is not fun being the box."

"Not fun being the box..." He snorted.

"You do not need to know or to understand you can dance with the dragons of time like raindrops hitting the hair of the forest maiden."
Mara said as if that made everything clearer.

He just stared at her, totally perplexed.

"Why don't I make some tea."
Narim said as he watched you pace, but when his phone rang.
"Ah excuse me."
He said as e replied.
"I will go and make some tea and you want a cup Adley."

"Er...thanks...both of you."

"Yes."

"I might be able to if Anna is not able to do so herself."
Beatrice said.
He asked.
"Sounds like a plan." Serge said with a nod. "Remind her of herself, Mind, Body, and Spirit. We should probably see what our resident time wizard has to say about though."

"Right, she wouldn't be able to do it herself. So help would be good. Yes, let's see what your uncle has to say, perhaps he can give us insight into how not to muck up Master Steelhaven's working."

"Indeed...hum what about the paradox that she could not have been given the serum, the girl's arms are bruised but the skin of her arms are perfect, she have a scrape to a finger and another on the back of her hand from playing with Charlie but other than that her skin have not been damaged for a long time, she could not have been given injections....we might be able to use that."
Beatrice suggested.

"That sounds up your alley," he said with a nod, then frowned as his message alert went off. He looked through his phone to find the message from Helga and his expression became more troubled.

"This is Helga...ehm there was a screaming man in the basement, pretty as a girl with amazing green eyes he called your name Mr RH and then he just vanished...have texted the Chief about it."

"Crap, it's getting worse. The timeline that is trying to merge seems to be one where we had a prisoner downstairs, but in this one we didn't capture them. Said prisoner just sort of...flashed and vanished." Sebastian Silverberg...in his Seeking, he'd visited him when he was imprisoned...a haunted look tinged with recognition crossed his features.

"I see...that is not good."
Ryan said.
"I think Adley's phone thing happened a while ago, but I'm not sure. It's only been a few minutes since Anna's time problems started. So far it's just been Adley and Anna. I don't if there's been any other incidents." Serge replied.

"No, it's spreading," he interjected as he saw Ryan and Serge. "I just got a message that downstairs, a chantrymember witnessed someone appear in the basement then disappear. I think it is a prisoner we captured in the other timeline, but not this one." He frowned at them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 pm

[Colin's room]

"Crap, it's getting worse. The timeline that is trying to merge seems to be one where we had a prisoner downstairs, but in this one we didn't capture them. Said prisoner just sort of...flashed and vanished." Sebastian Silverberg...in his Seeking, he'd visited him when he was imprisoned...a haunted look tinged with recognition crossed his features.

"No, it's spreading," he interjected as he saw Ryan and Serge. "I just got a message that downstairs, a chantrymember witnessed someone appear in the basement then disappear. I think it is a prisoner we captured in the other timeline, but not this one." He frowned at them.

"Let me guess things did not go well for this prisoner in the other timeline then."
Amadeus said and he glanced over at the rest of the group.
"Hum...Silverberg, where there not a Verbena apprentice that went missing years ago in Chicago by that name?"
The old healer asked. Narim gave you a concerned look over the look in your eye.
"That this is spreading is not good."
Ryan said.
"Ok give me a moment guys and I will see what I can find out."
He said and he pulled his Ipod out and put the earbuds in his ears and turned on his music. After some time he said.
"It is hard to say but the disturbance is centered in this apartment, however space means little so it will bleed out other places as well."

'Oh, he thinks it through, though. I know he does. I think he likes to put the worst case scenario out there so we can scramble to find an alternative the fastest..."

"You may be right we do not need more motivations than odd time problems at the Chantry and a sick apprentice though."

"Not fun being the box..." He snorted.

"Not fun being the box at all."
Narim replied wryly.

He just stared at her, totally perplexed.

"Good good."
The Deaconess said sounding pleased clearly thinking you understood her perfectly.

"Er...thanks...both of you."

"Don't worry about it Adley."
Beatrice said as she put on the kettle and found cups in the kitchen cupboard.
"Would anyone else want a cup?"
"I would love a cup child."
Amadeus said he was still busy with Anna and Beatrice nodded.
"What about you Master Sharaya?"
She asked and Narim nodded still on the phone.
"Yes please, thank you Miss Alexander."

"That sounds up your alley," he said with a nod, then frowned as his message alert went off. He looked through his phone to find the message from Helga and his expression became more troubled.

"I will get on that."
Beatrice said.
"I do not want to talk to Anna about the serum it would scare her but I can tell her that she is ok with perfectly unbroken skin or something like that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes there is a chance that Old Man Wrinle will come on his own to see what is wrong with the timeline."
Adjan said and frowned, you saw a massive, medieval fort before you, Steelhaven's manifestation in the Umbra.
"Ok, if you take us into the garage, that would be the courtyard, I will pass us though the Gauntlet again."
The Euthanathos said and he started rolling his dice.
Colin sped through the outer gate and came to a screeching halt in the courtyard, nearly clipping the smithy as he stopped the car by the stable, "Hum, looks like your workspace is already casting shadows, Nicole. Good work, that."
He glanced sideways at Adjan, "Alright, my apologies for the rough ride, but when I'm in a hurry and there's no street cameras or police to worry about, well... bring us back in?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:06 am

[Colin's Room]

Adley wrote:"No, it's spreading," he interjected as he saw Ryan and Serge. "I just got a message that downstairs, a chantrymember witnessed someone appear in the basement then disappear. I think it is a prisoner we captured in the other timeline, but not this one." He frowned at them.

"Oh of course it is..." Serge said in slightly exasperated voice.

Anja wrote:"Let me guess things did not go well for this prisoner in the other timeline then."
Amadeus said and he glanced over at the rest of the group.
"Hum...Silverberg, where there not a Verbena apprentice that went missing years ago in Chicago by that name?"
The old healer asked. Narim gave you a concerned look over the look in your eye.
"That this is spreading is not good."
Ryan said.
"Ok give me a moment guys and I will see what I can find out."
He said and he pulled his Ipod out and put the earbuds in his ears and turned on his music. After some time he said.
"It is hard to say but the disturbance is centered in this apartment, however space means little so it will bleed out other places as well."

"Do you have any idea as to the cause?" Serge asked. "Or anyway we can separate the timelines? Adley came up with an idea but we wanted to get a little more information before deciding on anything concrete."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:49 am

[Castle Steelhaven]

Colin sped through the outer gate and came to a screeching halt in the courtyard, nearly clipping the smithy as he stopped the car by the stable, "Hum, looks like your workspace is already casting shadows, Nicole. Good work, that."
He glanced sideways at Adjan, "Alright, my apologies for the rough ride, but when I'm in a hurry and there's no street cameras or police to worry about, well... bring us back in?"

"You are worried about Anna so it is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and he begun to roll his dice again, the ancient courtyard with a smithy and several carts in a row slowly, gradually changed to the garage of Steelhaven Hall. You heard someone moving about in the workshop, it seamed that Mr Miles where there, his Ether goggles on bent over one of the work benches, the Etherite was to caught up in what he was doing to notice the car sliding out of the Umbra. Other than Devon Miles no one was in the garage.
"Go to your apprentice Mr Wainwright, don't worry about me I will get up on my own but I am slower."
Adjan said as he put his dice away.

[Colin's Room]

"Oh of course it is..." Serge said in slightly exasperated voice.

"Trouble always do."
Beatrice said and sigh.

"Do you have any idea as to the cause?" Serge asked. "Or anyway we can separate the timelines? Adley came up with an idea but we wanted to get a little more information before deciding on anything concrete."

"Ever read those Cinderella stories where she is set to separate peas for grain? We have to do that I think make the differences between the timelines stronger and then nuke the hole or whatever allow them to flow into one another."
Ryan said and frowned.
"But if Mr Roth Hicks had an idea I would love to hear it."
The Cultist said and he glanced over at Adley."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next