Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 13 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:07 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole considered this for a moment, then put the fabric on the arm of the couch; not exactly the highest priority right now. Then threw off her coat, grabbed something from the fridge, shoved it into the microwave and went over to her bedroom...

[A placeholder 'doing stuff' post so if Adley wishes to visit/call, he can. Or you can spring something on her...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 13 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:39 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Anja wrote:"I will not be tearing the kid to pieces Mr Wainwright but I take people at their word, he claims that with his rote, a rote I also know he will have the skill of any bladesman and as such all he need is draw a blade to him with no need to put i the work to learn the art, I will take his claim seriously and treat him as such when sparring."
Amadeus said firmly.

"I know I'll never be as good as a Master. Just wanna see how good I can get." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"Indeed and this Mr Wainwright is why I can not go easy on the kid, either he mean it and he is good at handling pain and handling himself in a fight or he is boasting trying to appear tougher than he is and he will learn a most valuable lessen."
The old Verbena declared.

"Oh I can't handle myself in a fight and I am the least toughest person you'll see. I fully plan to lose and tap out in 10 seconds. I just want to watch it in all it's splendor. A Master Verbana brandishing a knife and mowing down some stuck-up brat. It's perfect! Like a scene from an anime."

Anja wrote:"You are not able to isolate what you read out to what you have been given leave to, like for example one knowledge without reading the rest?"
Amadeus asked.

"I can but since I don't know which martial arts are special and which aren't I'm worried I'd take something or see something I'm not suppose to. Like the muscle memory for some kind of ancient secret technique that looks like an ordinary techinique to my eyes." Serge said explaining himself.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Anja wrote:Engrave is not physically manifested he is just there in the spirit world so unless Serge can see spirits Colin is speaking out into thin air.

Serge waved wildly at the thin air that Colin was speaking to. He wasn't sure if Engrave could see him but Colin did introduce him and Serge didn't want to be rude.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"I know I'll never be as good as a Master. Just wanna see how good I can get." Serge said.

"Well you have chosen a gutsy way of figuring out how good you can get Mr Yager."
Amadeus said sounding amused.

"Oh I can't handle myself in a fight and I am the least toughest person you'll see. I fully plan to lose and tap out in 10 seconds. I just want to watch it in all it's splendor. A Master Verbana brandishing a knife and mowing down some stuck-up brat. It's perfect! Like a scene from an anime."

"You say watching this Mr Yager, you are aware that I am going to impale you on a dagger multiple times, rupturing inner organs and leaving you in a state that unless you where healed you would die, you asked for a full out sparring match."
The Verbena said to be sure Serge knew what he was getting himself into.
"That unlike watching an anime or animated entertainment of some sort this will be your flesh which will cause you considerable pain?"

"I can but since I don't know which martial arts are special and which aren't I'm worried I'd take something or see something I'm not suppose to. Like the muscle memory for some kind of ancient secret technique that looks like an ordinary techinique to my eyes." Serge said explaining himself.

"You need to go by association and units not scramble around like looking for a jar of jam in a cupboard child."
Amadeus said then he sigh.
"You said you had been studying Correspondence, for most there teleporting a unit of something is easier than taking something out of said unit, for example I could teleport you but I think Master Sharaya is the only one here who could teleport your still beating heat out of your chest."
The old Verbena said.
"And perhaps we should be thankful that is how magick tend to work. You can do the same with magick of the mind, reading a unit of something and not touching anything else, so if someone offer a skill then it is just that skill you can read out nothing else."

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Engrave looked at Serge then he asked Colin.
"The young human with what I can not touch inside seam to be dancing, is there something I have missed, my records say nothing about a celebration at the moment, though I have written down that the alchemist's familiar have his birthday today or rather the death day of the dog who lived in his body and the day of binding when the spirit who is his familiar took up residence in the vacated body. The dog that died have been reborn, he is a owl now. I have many records but one of any celebration involving dancing, should I dance?"
The spirit seamed quite confused.

[Nicole's Apartment]

As you prepared a quick meal you got a sms from Beynes which said.
"Call me when you have the time please but it is not critical so wait until you have a moment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:58 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole read this, gave it a frown, set up "speaker mode" so she could talk as she got ready and then rang him...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin chuckled softly, "Just try to remember, Sir, that he's in Beatrice's Cabal, and mine, and I think we'll want him as mentally unscarred as is viable... so perhaps try to avoid to fillet him too badly?"
"No it is better the child gets his licks now when he is in a safe place with someone ready to heal him so he thinks clearer when he meets someone who honestly wish him harm."
Amadeus said firmly.
"That would be the kindest thing to do for the boy."
"You always gotta be open and excited to new experiences."

He looked over at Serge. "Well, trying to still function with a knife in your shoulder is a learning experience of a kind. But not one I would have particularly sought out, as someone who does not fight. Even so, there are some experiences that are best left alone."

He grinned, "Build a fire for a man, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life..."

He raised his eyebrows at that. "Part of me wants to laugh at that, the rest of me knows how true that is..."

He nodded, "I don't think she hates you, as such. She doesn't look at you with anywhere near as much vitriol as she looks at Jareth... but she very much sees you as a class enemy, I think, in the Marxist sense; better educated, better paid job, that sort of thing..."

"The bottom line is that if she sees me as her enemy then I can't work with her, as she won't actually let me, as you've seen. And I have tried, Colin. I'm not out to make her an enemy or to get into arguments either but I won't let her give me shit for no reason or have her insult my mentor, who has done no wrong to her either. If I have felt this way then you can imagine what a Master who lives on a realm will think, she'd be in a duel so fast, if she's lucky, she won't know what hit her. So it concerns me, since it may mean trouble for us and we really don't need any more of that, or worse reputation. It's dangerous. Anyway, perhaps a conversation for later after this crisis."

He nodded, "I know... hm, I think we might be able to try something, actually... Call a friend, if you will."

He nodded.

He grinned, "You should've seen Serge's crayons, Adley. Lady Mara, please do say hello to the unicorn from me."
"Really he is right out there in the courtyard, in the stables."
He smiled wryly, "I think, Milady, that perhaps neither my Cabalmate nor I are quite as innocent anymore as to be able to easily see him... I shall admit, I did visit the stables in the Chantry's shadow, not thirty minutes ago, and I did not see anyone standing there."
The Deaconess said sounding surprised that you did not know about her unicorn no one had seen in the stables that only existed in the Umbra.
"I will do so."
Mara said and she smiled warmly.

"Is that what they're made out of?" he asked, curiously. At the mention of his 'innocence' he gave Colin a mild glare of embarrassment and then said to the Deaconess, "Pardon, ma'am, I do not often go to the umbral stables...I never thought about riding horses either, until recently, so I felt it would be intrusive."

"Ah he is quite shy." Mara said. "And he chooses who he will show himself to." The old fay mage said. "I will present him for you one day young Craftsman."

"I have heard that unicorns are fierce beings," he said, sounding as if this could be a good thing. He gave Colin a look - yes, he was jealous of that invitation, despite himself.

He nodded and took the papers, folding them neatly up and pocketing them before resuming the heptagram, still freehanding it with perfectly equidistant points, "It's a knack... any geometric shape, any repeating pattern, I can do with scarcely a thought. Why don't you show Serge the symbols for the points while I call my blade-fingered friend, I'm a little rusty on those, myself, and he is the better artist."

"It's not that hard. You just need to clear your mind and focus on drawing the circle. Any intruding thoughts screw you up so you want to avoid them." Serge said as he watched Colin work.

"Said the mage of ars mens," Adley said with a tipped head. "Do you know how many thoughts come across my brain in the span of seconds? Even with discipline as I have been taught, I still can't draw as well as he can, or you. With practice I would improve though. He held out his hand for the chalk towards Colin.

Then he looked back at Serge, and said, "These symbols are not really a secret, you can find them in most occult books on the subject of planetary influences...kind of like how you can see alchemy symbols used all over the place for things, they have leaked into the mainstream. Although Enochian too has it's counterpart in the mundane world and books on angel's tongue and so on, we know a bit more of it and how to wield it, and that part is secret as some of the other deeper mysteries. Here we have a seven pointed star, like the seven days of the week which are named after the planets; we use the planets that were visible to the naked eye and the sun and the moon. There are numerous correspondences that could be laid out to reinforce certain aspects of any working you wish to build. For example we could use the Intelligence of Saturn, the Seal of Saturn, or the Sigil of Saturn are each used to make different mystical and magical effects. Seals represent the general character of the planet, their influence of domain and general energetic and spiritual attitude. That should be enough to get the gist, unless you want to read up on it, I know several good books," he said with a grin. He settled down to draw the seals in the right places, making sure not to disturb any of the lines that were already laid down.

Adley stepped back out of the way as Colin made to summon his friend. "Are we manifesting the spirit into the material plane?" he asked Master Steelhaven. "If not, may I ask for you to impart the sight of spirit sense on my cabalmate sir?" he nodded at Serge. "I would do so myself, only if we are casting I will have to remain in contact with him, and I have not yet the skill to allow him to see on his own, or to use other ars to assist, so at this time I can only cast for myself."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Anja wrote:"Well you have chosen a gutsy way of figuring out how good you can get Mr Yager."
Adley wrote:He looked over at Serge. "Well, trying to still function with a knife in your shoulder is a learning experience of a kind. But not one I would have particularly sought out, as someone who does not fight. Even so, there are some experiences that are best left alone."

"You have to be willing to expand your boundaries if you want find out what your capable of." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"You say watching this Mr Yager, you are aware that I am going to impale you on a dagger multiple times, rupturing inner organs and leaving you in a state that unless you where healed you would die, you asked for a full out sparring match."
"That unlike watching an anime or animated entertainment of some sort this will be your flesh which will cause you considerable pain?"

"I think I watch media a little different to other people. But who knows? I might be in over my head or I might not be. I won't know until I actually try. I'm just glad I'm getting a chance to try out the rote in a combat situation. And...you know...actually be in a combat situation. So thanks for the offer to duel Master Nassa. I'll be looking forward to it." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"You need to go by association and units not scramble around like looking for a jar of jam in a cupboard child."
"You said you had been studying Correspondence, for most there teleporting a unit of something is easier than taking something out of said unit, for example I could teleport you but I think Master Sharaya is the only one here who could teleport your still beating heat out of your chest."
The old Verbena said.
"And perhaps we should be thankful that is how magick tend to work. You can do the same with magick of the mind, reading a unit of something and not touching anything else, so if someone offer a skill then it is just that skill you can read out nothing else."

"I guess I still need a little more practice with the rote." Serge said nodding at the Master's advice.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Adley wrote:"Said the mage of ars mens," Adley said with a tipped head. "Do you know how many thoughts come across my brain in the span of seconds? Even with discipline as I have been taught, I still can't draw as well as he can, or you. With practice I would improve though. He held out his hand for the chalk towards Colin.

"Do you know how many thoughts go through my head in a second? I feel like I might beat you in that regard." Serge said chuckling.

Adley wrote:Then he looked back at Serge, and said, "These symbols are not really a secret, you can find them in most occult books on the subject of planetary influences...kind of like how you can see alchemy symbols used all over the place for things, they have leaked into the mainstream. Although Enochian too has it's counterpart in the mundane world and books on angel's tongue and so on, we know a bit more of it and how to wield it, and that part is secret as some of the other deeper mysteries. Here we have a seven pointed star, like the seven days of the week which are named after the planets; we use the planets that were visible to the naked eye and the sun and the moon. There are numerous correspondences that could be laid out to reinforce certain aspects of any working you wish to build. For example we could use the Intelligence of Saturn, the Seal of Saturn, or the Sigil of Saturn are each used to make different mystical and magical effects. Seals represent the general character of the planet, their influence of domain and general energetic and spiritual attitude. That should be enough to get the gist, unless you want to read up on it, I know several good books," he said with a grin. He settled down to draw the seals in the right places, making sure not to disturb any of the lines that were already laid down.

Serge listened attentively and analysed the symbols with a careful eye. "Man adding planets into the mix makes this so much more cooler. Your gonna have to tell me about those books later." he said with a grin.

"Where do you guys need me to draw these symbols?" he asked.

Adley wrote:Adley stepped back out of the way as Colin made to summon his friend. "Are we manifesting the spirit into the material plane?" he asked Master Steelhaven. "If not, may I ask for you to impart the sight of spirit sense on my cabalmate sir?" he nodded at Serge. "I would do so myself, only if we are casting I will have to remain in contact with him, and I have not yet the skill to allow him to see on his own, or to use other ars to assist, so at this time I can only cast for myself."

"Being able to see spirits would be quite hand for this endeavor." Serge said with a grin. "Sorry, I'm not really up to date on my spirit magick. Been meaning to improve on that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"You have to be willing to expand your boundaries if you want find out what your capable of." Serge said with a shrug.

"True enough."
Amadeus said and shrugged.

"I think I watch media a little different to other people. But who knows? I might be in over my head or I might not be. I won't know until I actually try. I'm just glad I'm getting a chance to try out the rote in a combat situation. And...you know...actually be in a combat situation. So thanks for the offer to duel Master Nassa. I'll be looking forward to it."

"Just as long as you know what you are getting yourself into, 6 30 in the morning it is then child."
The old Verbena said simply. Beatrice gave you a concerned look.
"Are you sure this is wise Serge?"

"I guess I still need a little more practice with the rote." Serge said nodding at the Master's advice.

"Yes apparently and perhaps in reading out what you are allowed to and nothing else?"
Amadeus asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Is that what they're made out of?" he asked, curiously. At the mention of his 'innocence' he gave Colin a mild glare of embarrassment and then said to the Deaconess, "Pardon, ma'am, I do not often go to the umbral stables...I never thought about riding horses either, until recently, so I felt it would be intrusive."

"Well he is not a horse he is a unicorn."
The Deaconess explained.
"But yes I see the stables are probably not the most exiting place, even so my unicorn do need fresh hay and a good brush down every now and again, as a bonus though his hed hairs contains Tass."
She said sounding as if this was completely normal.

"I have heard that unicorns are fierce beings," he said, sounding as if this could be a good thing. He gave Colin a look - yes, he was jealous of that invitation, despite himself.

"Some unicorns are fierce indeed but this is not the black creatures from Horizon young knight, he will not harm you unless you attack him, though he might fear you and stay hidden."
Mara explained.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Then he looked back at Serge, and said, "These symbols are not really a secret, you can find them in most occult books on the subject of planetary influences...kind of like how you can see alchemy symbols used all over the place for things, they have leaked into the mainstream. Although Enochian too has it's counterpart in the mundane world and books on angel's tongue and so on, we know a bit more of it and how to wield it, and that part is secret as some of the other deeper mysteries. Here we have a seven pointed star, like the seven days of the week which are named after the planets; we use the planets that were visible to the naked eye and the sun and the moon. There are numerous correspondences that could be laid out to reinforce certain aspects of any working you wish to build. For example we could use the Intelligence of Saturn, the Seal of Saturn, or the Sigil of Saturn are each used to make different mystical and magical effects. Seals represent the general character of the planet, their influence of domain and general energetic and spiritual attitude. That should be enough to get the gist, unless you want to read up on it, I know several good books," he said with a grin. He settled down to draw the seals in the right places, making sure not to disturb any of the lines that were already laid down.

Master Steelhaven nodded approvingly as you lectured about planetary seals to Serge.
"You will make a good Mentor to a student one day child."
He said then he nodded to Serge.
"Using such symbols is also a way to add meaning to your art in simple symbols, a woman can be shown to be destructive for example, a temptress out to destroy the main character for example by a seal of Saturn in her necklace or she could be shown to be the hidden power behind the throne by a Jupiter sigil on her ring."

Adley stepped back out of the way as Colin made to summon his friend. "Are we manifesting the spirit into the material plane?" he asked Master Steelhaven. "If not, may I ask for you to impart the sight of spirit sense on my cabalmate sir?" he nodded at Serge. "I would do so myself, only if we are casting I will have to remain in contact with him, and I have not yet the skill to allow him to see on his own, or to use other ars to assist, so at this time I can only cast for myself."

"Ah yes off course, and yes we are manifesting the spirit that will make it easier to deal with...if we have to."
The old mage said before he took of one of his rings and muttered some words over it and handed it to Serge, it was a plain, gold band.
"This should do the trick young man."
He said.

"Right now we have that well in hand child I am not sure you can help with the wards or the summoning as your Paradigm is quite different from the Hermetic one it is in talking with the entity that your skills will come in handy."
George said.

"Being able to see spirits would be quite hand for this endeavor." Serge said with a grin. "Sorry, I'm not really up to date on my spirit magick. Been meaning to improve on that."

"Try the ring on child it should allow you to see Mr Wainwright's friend."
The Primus said mildly.
"And yes we all want to improve."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

"Hello Nicole."
Baynes said when you called.
"Do you have a few moments I might have an update for you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:39 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"Well he is not a horse he is a unicorn."
The Deaconess explained.
"But yes I see the stables are probably not the most exiting place, even so my unicorn do need fresh hay and a good brush down every now and again, as a bonus though his hed hairs contains Tass."

"Indeed, but as I did not know your friend was there, the draw to the stable normally would be to see horses. Tass from stray hairs? I imagine you could make many lovely things with such."

"Some unicorns are fierce indeed but this is not the black creatures from Horizon young knight, he will not harm you unless you attack him, though he might fear you and stay hidden."
Mara explained.

"Ah, I did not realise there were different types. I have no reason to attack him nor cause him fear. Perhaps we shall talk more of this another time." He smiled.

"True, just be careful...some things...I would not wish anyone to experience."

[Spirit Shenanigans]

"Do you know how many thoughts go through my head in a second? I feel like I might beat you in that regard." Serge said chuckling.

"You definitely will if you learn how to manipulate time."

Serge listened attentively and analysed the symbols with a careful eye. "Man adding planets into the mix makes this so much more cooler. Your gonna have to tell me about those books later." he said with a grin.

"Certainly. Agrippa is a bit dry and archaic sounding in translation but readable enough with a bit of persistence."

Master Steelhaven nodded approvingly as you lectured about planetary seals to Serge.

"Thank you, sir," he said with a nod of his head.

"Right now we have that well in hand child I am not sure you can help with the wards or the summoning as your Paradigm is quite different from the Hermetic one it is in talking with the entity that your skills will come in handy."
George said.

"I can show you how they are drawn," he said, not wishing to leave him out. "Then you will have a reference, if there is a next time you see such a working or symbols again you will know what they mean."

"Ah yes off course, and yes we are manifesting the spirit that will make it easier to deal with...if we have to."
The old mage said before he took of one of his rings and muttered some words over it and handed it to Serge, it was a plain, gold band.
He said.

"Thank you, sir. Then I shall cast the spirit sight on, in the event that they remain on the other side." He waited for a break in the conversation before the next part of the working and re-cast as he had before to feed the imps.

//S1, spirit sight: 2, 2, 6

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Just as long as you know what you are getting yourself into, 6 30 in the morning it is then child."

"Nope. This is a terrible idea in every way possible. But it's better than finding out what a knife feels like in a real fight. Plus I just wanna see what the upper limits of my magick are. So it can be easier to break them." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Yes apparently and perhaps in reading out what you are allowed to and nothing else?"

"Yeah that too." Serge said sheepishly.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Anja wrote:Master Steelhaven nodded approvingly as you lectured about planetary seals to Serge.
"Using such symbols is also a way to add meaning to your art in simple symbols, a woman can be shown to be destructive for example, a temptress out to destroy the main character for example by a seal of Saturn in her necklace or she could be shown to be the hidden power behind the throne by a Jupiter sigil on her ring."

"Don't need to tell me twice. I've been using symbols like that for a while now." Serge said with a smile. "A Mars seal in her necklace to describe a warlike nature. A black dress to foreshadow her dark spirit. A raven on her shoulder to represent the misfortune she brings to her enemies. The ability to place meaningful symbols is a critical skill in art."

Adley wrote:"I can show you how they are drawn," he said, not wishing to leave him out. "Then you will have a reference, if there is a next time you see such a working or symbols again you will know what they mean."

"That'd be handy. Thank you."

Anja wrote:"Right now we have that well in hand child I am not sure you can help with the wards or the summoning as your Paradigm is quite different from the Hermetic one it is in talking with the entity that your skills will come in handy."
George said.

"Oh sure thing." Serge said looking a little downtrodden at not being able to help the mages. He stood back and let the mages work and began drawing the symbols that Adley showed him on his notepad and remembering what he had said about their meanings.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course, and yes we are manifesting the spirit that will make it easier to deal with...if we have to."
He said.
Anja wrote:"Try the ring on child it should allow you to see Mr Wainwright's friend."
The Primus said mildly.
"And yes we all want to improve."

"Thanks." Serge said taking the gold ring and placing it on his finger next to his Cult of Ectasy ring.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:49 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I do. Me too. But you go first.' Nicole replied, currently pulling off her sneakers.

[Notice Serge didn't defend Nicole... *sad face*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 am

[Nicole's Assortment]

"Do you remember Ragna Høve that Swedish Cultist from Chantry Points of the Triquetra across town from Dry Dock? She got hurt in a joint operation and I replaced one of her eyes. Well the crazy woman have a vampire lover and she mentioned to me i passing when I called her up along with everyone else I know who have implants that her lover urged her to go home and see her faily in Scandinavia and stay out of Detroit for a while. I do not know i it is related but it probably do not mean anything good."
Baynes said and you could hear him frown.
"Now what did you have.?"

[Casa Wainwright]

"Indeed, but as I did not know your friend was there, the draw to the stable normally would be to see horses. Tass from stray hairs? I imagine you could make many lovely things with such."

"Yes I do sometimes I make gifts for my family they find life so hard in this harsh reality."
Mara said and shook her head.
"The dreams are dying."

"Ah, I did not realise there were different types. I have no reason to attack him nor cause him fear. Perhaps we shall talk more of this another time." He smiled.

"There are definitively different kinds. Ah yes that will be nice young knight, I will bake cookies."
The Deaconess said and smiled.

"Nope. This is a terrible idea in every way possible. But it's better than finding out what a knife feels like in a real fight. Plus I just wanna see what the upper limits of my magick are. So it can be easier to break them." Serge said with a shrug.

"I just don't want you to get hurt Serge."
Beatrice said and she patted you on the arm.
"But if this is what you want to do I will support you."

"Yeah that too." Serge said sheepishly.

Amadeus nodded at that.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

"Thank you, sir," he said with a nod of his head.

The old magus gave a warm smile at that.
"My Cabalmate will be so happy the day you are finally ready to take a student Sodales."

"Thank you, sir. Then I shall cast the spirit sight on, in the event that they remain on the other side." He waited for a break in the conversation before the next part of the working and re-cast as he had before to feed the imps.

Your spell was a little slow to get going but then Engrave showed up before you next to Colin. George nodded then he said.
"Very well then gentlemen let us avoid using names until we are done dealing with spirits, we should not give them power over us either even if my Sodales and I use names that are not our true names, our young guest here do so let us be careful."
He instructed.

"Don't need to tell me twice. I've been using symbols like that for a while now." Serge said with a smile. "A Mars seal in her necklace to describe a warlike nature. A black dress to foreshadow her dark spirit. A raven on her shoulder to represent the misfortune she brings to her enemies. The ability to place meaningful symbols is a critical skill in art."

"Yes very much so."
George said.
"It have been a part of art for a long time, if you go to a art show you will see all sort o symbolism which are meant to convey a whole story to the one seeing the piece in one still frame."

"Oh sure thing." Serge said looking a little downtrodden at not being able to help the mages. He stood back and let the mages work and began drawing the symbols that Adley showed him on his notepad and remembering what he had said about their meanings.

"No no...do not be sad child, your part will come but for the ritual itself your Paradigm is quite different than ours so working together can be complicated but your part will come later."
The Primus said in a comforting tone of voice.

"Thanks." Serge said taking the gold ring and placing it on his finger next to his Cult of Ectasy ring.

You saw a being stand next to Colin, it was elongated and it's skin was gray and looked burned and pock marked as if the skin told a story on it's own, long blade like talons extended som his long, thin fingers, he looked a bit like the love child og Freddy Kruger and the Slender Man.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 am

[Casa Wainwright]

"Yes I do sometimes I make gifts for my family they find life so hard in this harsh reality." Mara said and shook her head. "The dreams are dying."

"There are still dreams left, and people to dream them."

"There are definitively different kinds. Ah yes that will be nice young knight, I will bake cookies."

"I would like that. Thank you."

[Spirit Shenanigans]

The old magus gave a warm smile at that. "My Cabalmate will be so happy the day you are finally ready to take a student Sodales."

He smiled. "It will be some time yet."

"While Mars is often more noted for his warlike nature and invoked in such a capacity, he has both a shield and a spear."

"That'd be handy. Thank you."

He drew out each one into the proper spot in a simple manner with no embellishment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 am

[Casa Wainwright]

"There are still dreams left, and people to dream them."

"There are dreamers left but there are to few left and the world is hardening year by year."
The Deaconess said sadly.
"All w can do now is try to keep the dream alive."

"I would like that. Thank you."

"Good good everyone likes cookies."
Mara said happily.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

He smiled. "It will be some time yet."

"Yes it probably will child but the time will come when you will want to take an apprentice."
George said.

"While Mars is often more noted for his warlike nature and invoked in such a capacity, he has both a shield and a spear."

"Remember he is also protector of Rome and his sons founded the city."
George said.
"Most of the Gods have many facets you can say they to have one purpose just like other Umbrood but their purpose is more complicated and can involve several aspects."
George stepped back then he said.
"Ok then are we ready gentlemen?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

A silence, as Nicole considered this. 'I... suppose it's possible. But then that raises the whole "why?" part. Plus, most of the attacks were during the day. And now I think of it, how would they be able to detect folk with implants? Something to bear in mind, though... I'll pass it along, sir.'

'My news is more solid. One of the attackers might have had a list of targets, sir. This, naturally means that this attack was some time in the planning. Theory is slightly confirmed by the fact some "strange guy" turned up at my work demanding to see me. Now, I know I'm good but I've not got a high enough rep for folk to ask for me by name. Currently getting ready to meet him... and if they try anything, to take 'em in.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:36 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Jeremy wrote:"You always gotta be open and excited to new experiences."
Anja wrote:Amadeus raised an eyebrow at that.
S7trif3 wrote:He looked over at Serge. "Well, trying to still function with a knife in your shoulder is a learning experience of a kind. But not one I would have particularly sought out, as someone who does not fight. Even so, there are some experiences that are best left alone."
Jeremy wrote:"You have to be willing to expand your boundaries if you want find out what your capable of." Serge said with a shrug.
Anja wrote:"True enough."
Amadeus said and shrugged.
S7trif3 wrote:"True, just be careful...some things...I would not wish anyone to experience."
Colin shook his head slowly, "What Adley said... There are things no-one should experience, though I suppose knowing how to handle pain is useful..."

Anja wrote:"I will not be tearing the kid to pieces Mr Wainwright but I take people at their word, he claims that with his rote, a rote I also know he will have the skill of any bladesman and as such all he need is draw a blade to him with no need to put i the work to learn the art, I will take his claim seriously and treat him as such when sparring."
Amadeus said firmly.
Jeremy wrote:"I know I'll never be as good as a Master. Just wanna see how good I can get." Serge said.
Anja wrote:"Well you have chosen a gutsy way of figuring out how good you can get Mr Yager."
He sighed, "Well, I just hope Dr. Boudavich won't take the cost of this imminent painful lesson out of my skin - she does trust me with his safety, after all... And no, I won't tell her what you plan to do; there are limits to how far I will go to protect you from yourself, but I'm probably going to have to ask you to sign a legal waiver, just in case..."

Jeremy wrote:"As long as I don't die, I don't really mind what you do to me." Serge said with a shrug. "I think I can take it. Don't hold back. Actually hold back a little so I just don't die on the spot."
Anja wrote:"Indeed and this Mr Wainwright is why I can not go easy on the kid, either he mean it and he is good at handling pain and handling himself in a fight or he is boasting trying to appear tougher than he is and he will learn a most valuable lessen."
The old Verbena declared.
Jeremy wrote:"Oh I can't handle myself in a fight and I am the least toughest person you'll see. I fully plan to lose and tap out in 10 seconds. I just want to watch it in all it's splendor. A Master Verbana brandishing a knife and mowing down some stuck-up brat. It's perfect! Like a scene from an anime."
Anja wrote:"You say watching this Mr Yager, you are aware that I am going to impale you on a dagger multiple times, rupturing inner organs and leaving you in a state that unless you where healed you would die, you asked for a full out sparring match."
Jeremy wrote:"I think I watch media a little different to other people. But who knows? I might be in over my head or I might not be. I won't know until I actually try. I'm just glad I'm getting a chance to try out the rote in a combat situation. And...you know...actually be in a combat situation. So thanks for the offer to duel Master Nassa. I'll be looking forward to it." he said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Just as long as you know what you are getting yourself into, 6 30 in the morning it is then child."
Jeremy wrote:"Nope. This is a terrible idea in every way possible. But it's better than finding out what a knife feels like in a real fight. Plus I just wanna see what the upper limits of my magick are. So it can be easier to break them." Serge said with a shrug.
Anja wrote:"I just don't want you to get hurt Serge."
He sighed and muttered softly, "Won't need support tomorrow, going to need a stretcher... Tapping out after ten seconds is going to be difficult if he passes out from shock after eight..."

Jeremy wrote:"If I read your mind I'd have to read your feeling about getting cut as well. I wanna develop my own unbiased feelings about getting stabbed." Serge said completely seriously.
He sighed, "Well, I can't fault that part of your logic, at least. Just the wisdom of it."

Jeremy wrote:"Kinda doubt that. He's willing to share martial arts with us when he chooses what to share with us. I can't tell the difference between mundane martial arts and ancient secret fighting styles of the past so using the spell on him might be risky. There's always the risk I see something I'm not supposed to." Serge replied.
Anja wrote:"You are not able to isolate what you read out to what you have been given leave to, like for example one knowledge without reading the rest?"
Amadeus asked.
Jeremy wrote:"I can but since I don't know which martial arts are special and which aren't I'm worried I'd take something or see something I'm not suppose to. Like the muscle memory for some kind of ancient secret technique that looks like an ordinary techinique to my eyes." Serge said explaining himself.
Anja wrote:"You need to go by association and units not scramble around like looking for a jar of jam in a cupboard child."
The old Verbena said.
Jeremy wrote:"I guess I still need a little more practice with the rote." Serge said nodding at the Master's advice.
Anja wrote:"Yes apparently and perhaps in reading out what you are allowed to and nothing else?"
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah that too." Serge said sheepishly.
Anja wrote:Amadeus nodded at that.
He shrugged, "Seems to me everyone, even those with no magical ability, have some mental defenses; it does appear to be far harder to dig into knowledge and memories someone doesn't want to share, as opposed to knowledge that is freely offered up. I don't think you'll have any trouble with tapping into secrets of Richard's if you get his consent to borrow his martial skills."

S7trif3 wrote:He raised his eyebrows at that. "Part of me wants to laugh at that, the rest of me knows how true that is..."
He smiled wryly, "Considering I've been attempted set on fire, I'd say you're free to let out a dark, bitter laugh at it, at least..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah but I did not want to, kids are forced to things all the time."
Anna said and frowned.
"And that is scary."
He nodded, "Just keep in mind, most nurses don't do that because they want to... if there's any wish of theirs involved, it is to get to do their job with a minimum of fuss and extra work, and sometimes, that unfortunately translates to the easiest solution being to jab a struggling kid using a bit more force than is explicitly necessary... At the very least, it seems the nurses at our two hospitals are beginning to take a few methods out of my playbook; talking with the kids calmly for a minute or so saves on a lot of crying and fear, and removes a lot of the need for force."

S7trif3 wrote:"The bottom line is that if she sees me as her enemy then I can't work with her, as she won't actually let me, as you've seen. And I have tried, Colin. I'm not out to make her an enemy or to get into arguments either but I won't let her give me shit for no reason or have her insult my mentor, who has done no wrong to her either. If I have felt this way then you can imagine what a Master who lives on a realm will think, she'd be in a duel so fast, if she's lucky, she won't know what hit her. So it concerns me, since it may mean trouble for us and we really don't need any more of that, or worse reputation. It's dangerous. Anyway, perhaps a conversation for later after this crisis."
He nodded, "I'll go over the matter with her before we take off; perhaps arrange to put her under the guidance of a senior Etherite for the... necessary lessons in decorum, if nothing else."

S7trif3 wrote:"Is that what they're made out of?" he asked, curiously. At the mention of his 'innocence' he gave Colin a mild glare of embarrassment and then said to the Deaconess, "Pardon, ma'am, I do not often go to the umbral stables...I never thought about riding horses either, until recently, so I felt it would be intrusive."
Anja wrote:"Well he is not a horse he is a unicorn."
The Deaconess explained.
She said sounding as if this was completely normal.
S7trif3 wrote:"Indeed, but as I did not know your friend was there, the draw to the stable normally would be to see horses. Tass from stray hairs? I imagine you could make many lovely things with such."
Anja wrote:"Yes I do sometimes I make gifts for my family they find life so hard in this harsh reality."
Mara said and shook her head.
"The dreams are dying."
S7trif3 wrote:"There are still dreams left, and people to dream them."
Anja wrote:"There are dreamers left but there are to few left and the world is hardening year by year."
The Deaconess said sadly.
"All w can do now is try to keep the dream alive."
He nodded thoughtfully, "There are a few people - Sleepers - who still fight for the dream, fight against the grey and cold. Like the owner of the ice cream shop I visited today, investigating... well, investigating. She might accept investments, if the terms are acceptable to her, meaning that she doesn't want investors who work her to the bone and bleed her shop dry from the interest on their investments... It might be viable to persuade her that investments are made as a grander plan to rejuvenate the Spirit of the City - without necessarily letting her know how literal that might be intended. She does bring quite a bit of joy to the area, even to the Technocrats who get their treats there after work."

Anja wrote:"Ah he is quite shy."
Mara said.
"And he chooses who he will show himself to."
The old fay mage said.
"I will present him for you one day young Craftsman."
S7trif3 wrote:"I have heard that unicorns are fierce beings," he said, sounding as if this could be a good thing. He gave Colin a look - yes, he was jealous of that invitation, despite himself.
Anja wrote:"Some unicorns are fierce indeed but this is not the black creatures from Horizon young knight, he will not harm you unless you attack him, though he might fear you and stay hidden."
Mara explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, I did not realise there were different types. I have no reason to attack him nor cause him fear. Perhaps we shall talk more of this another time." He smiled.
Anja wrote:"There are definitively different kinds. Ah yes that will be nice young knight, I will bake cookies."
S7trif3 wrote:"I would like that. Thank you."
Anja wrote:"Good good everyone likes cookies."
Mara said happily.
He nodded and smiled, "I would appreciate that, Milady."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Jeremy wrote:"It's not that hard. You just need to clear your mind and focus on drawing the circle. Any intruding thoughts screw you up so you want to avoid them." Serge said as he watched Colin work.
S7trif3 wrote:"Said the mage of ars mens," Adley said with a tipped head. "Do you know how many thoughts come across my brain in the span of seconds? Even with discipline as I have been taught, I still can't draw as well as he can, or you. With practice I would improve though. He held out his hand for the chalk towards Colin.
Jeremy wrote:"Do you know how many thoughts go through my head in a second? I feel like I might beat you in that regard." Serge said chuckling.
S7trif3 wrote:"You definitely will if you learn how to manipulate time."
He grinned wryly, "Future me manipulates time just fine, it seems, and having yourself send thoughts from the future to the present tends to cause some doubling down on the poor noggin's workload, I can assure you... As for this being hard, no, it's true, but it's just as much muscle memory as mental focus, I think - once you've figured it out proper, you don't really need much conscious thought for simple geometric shapes. But, it's not creative art, or accurate depictions of anything real, as such; drawing a person's face is a wholly different kettle of fish."

S7trif3 wrote:"Certainly. Agrippa is a bit dry and archaic sounding in translation but readable enough with a bit of persistence."
He grinned, "Agrippa is very useful if you don't want Thibault to negate your Capo Ferro, though..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge waved wildly at the thin air that Colin was speaking to. He wasn't sure if Engrave could see him but Colin did introduce him and Serge didn't want to be rude.
Anja wrote:Engrave looked at Serge then he asked Colin.
"The young human with what I can not touch inside seam to be dancing, is there something I have missed, my records say nothing about a celebration at the moment, though I have written down that the alchemist's familiar have his birthday today or rather the death day of the dog who lived in his body and the day of binding when the spirit who is his familiar took up residence in the vacated body. The dog that died have been reborn, he is a owl now. I have many records but one of any celebration involving dancing, should I dance?"
The spirit seamed quite confused.
He grinned as he glanced sideways at Serge, "Ah, no, he is not dancing - it is a gesture of salutation. I don't believe he can see you just yet, though..."
He paused, "An owl? Not by any chance the same owl that has chosen to associate itself with me? It would be quite the peculiar coincidence... and I don't exactly believe in those..."

Anja wrote:"I would need more information to target the individual you speak about friend, we are located by our names and weaker by association, without either I do not have the knowledge you seek and can inscibe nothing."
Engrave said as he looked over the gathered magi.
He nodded and lowered the chalk again, "As we lack any further detailed information, I understand the problem for you to locate the poor fellow. Will you stay and help us when we summon the nameless spirit, to help calm it and explain that we can offer help, if it is willing to trust us over the monster who stole its Name?"

Anja wrote:Your spell was a little slow to get going but then Engrave showed up before you next to Colin. George nodded then he said.
"Very well then gentlemen let us avoid using names until we are done dealing with spirits, we should not give them power over us either even if my Sodales and I use names that are not our true names, our young guest here do so let us be careful."
He instructed.
He nodded, "Very well, Sir, Amicus..." He glanced at Serge, "Kid."

((OOC: Well, last night went *poof* awful fast. Nemesis is a pretty damn tough board game; cooperative in name only... We lost again. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin wrote:He sighed, "Well, I just hope Dr. Boudavich won't take the cost of this imminent painful lesson out of my skin - she does trust me with his safety, after all... And no, I won't tell her what you plan to do; there are limits to how far I will go to protect you from yourself, but I'm probably going to have to ask you to sign a legal waiver, just in case..."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. She'll probably strangle me to death if she learns about this. I'm the one who accepted the Master Nassa's offer." Serge said looking at his phone clock, "Speaking of Ange, I have a meeting with her at noon. Hope I don't have to bring this up."

Colin wrote:He shrugged, "Seems to me everyone, even those with no magical ability, have some mental defenses; it does appear to be far harder to dig into knowledge and memories someone doesn't want to share, as opposed to knowledge that is freely offered up. I don't think you'll have any trouble with tapping into secrets of Richard's if you get his consent to borrow his martial skills."

"It's a little bit more nuanced than that. But that's the general gist of things. Dark secrets are hidden deeper in the psyche than surface thoughts." Serge said nodding.

Colin wrote:He sighed and muttered softly, "Won't need support tomorrow, going to need a stretcher... Tapping out after ten seconds is going to be difficult if he passes out from shock after eight..."
Anja wrote:"I just don't want you to get hurt Serge."

"We all have to get hurt eventually. I'm just lucky that I can experience it in a safe setting." Serge said giving her a reassuring look.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Anja wrote:"Yes very much so."
George said.
"It have been a part of art for a long time, if you go to a art show you will see all sort o symbolism which are meant to convey a whole story to the one seeing the piece in one still frame."

"Pictures worth a thousand words. I've always liked that expression." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"No no...do not be sad child, your part will come but for the ritual itself your Paradigm is quite different than ours so working together can be complicated but your part will come later."
The Primus said in a comforting tone of voice.

"Don't worry, I understand. Everyone has a role to play in a story and mine will come later." Serge said cheering up a little after hearing the Primu's comforting words.

Adley wrote:"While Mars is often more noted for his warlike nature and invoked in such a capacity, he has both a shield and a spear."

"Symbols can be interpreted in a lot of different ways. I remember hearing similar things about runic symbols. But remember that first impressions often leave the strongest marks on people. And being known as the god of war will certainly come with some stereotypes. If you can play along with those biases the influence your art has will become a lot stronger." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"Remember he is also protector of Rome and his sons founded the city."
George said.
"Most of the Gods have many facets you can say they to have one purpose just like other Umbrood but their purpose is more complicated and can involve several aspects."

Serge gave a thumb's up to show that he was ready.

Anja wrote:Your spell was a little slow to get going but then Engrave showed up before you next to Colin. George nodded then he said.
He instructed.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Very well, Sir, Amicus..." He glanced at Serge, "Kid."

"Do we need to stop using names in general or can we use fake names?" Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:You saw a being stand next to Colin, it was elongated and it's skin was gray and looked burned and pock marked as if the skin told a story on it's own, long blade like talons extended som his long, thin fingers, he looked a bit like the love child og Freddy Kruger and the Slender Man.

"Damn. He looks a lot cooler than I thought. He can hear me right? Hello Colin's Spirit friend." he said waving at the spirit once again.

(OOC: Re: Nicole: Darn! I didn't even see that they were dissing Nicole off to the side. Serge probably would've commented if I noticed. Don't worry Nicole. Serge still thinks your cool  Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:53 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

A silence, as Nicole considered this. 'I... suppose it's possible. But then that raises the whole "why?" part. Plus, most of the attacks were during the day. And now I think of it, how would they be able to detect folk with implants? Something to bear in mind, though... I'll pass it along, sir.'

"I doubt they are responsible but they might know some thing, one of their groupings are good spies after all."
Baynes said.
"It might be worth looking into."

'My news is more solid. One of the attackers might have had a list of targets, sir. This, naturally means that this attack was some time in the planning. Theory is slightly confirmed by the fact some "strange guy" turned up at my work demanding to see me. Now, I know I'm good but I've not got a high enough rep for folk to ask for me by name. Currently getting ready to meet him... and if they try anything, to take 'em in.'

"A list? Oh my that is not good, then again knowing this was organized is a boon."
Baynes said then he sigh.
"Well if we could capture one of them we could learn allot more about what is going on, if this person is indeed one of them but please promise me you will be careful Nicole."
The other Etherite said sounding concerned.

[Casa Wainwright]

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. She'll probably strangle me to death if she learns about this. I'm the one who accepted the Master Nassa's offer." Serge said looking at his phone clock, "Speaking of Ange, I have a meeting with her at noon. Hope I don't have to bring this up."

"I bet she is going to figure it out Serge, you Mentor is good at figuring things out."
Kyle said. The time was 10:45.

"We all have to get hurt eventually. I'm just lucky that I can experience it in a safe setting." Serge said giving her a reassuring look.

"Yes but you are choosing a pretty extreme version there are a reason why I give my apprentices a..."
Amadeus glanced at Anna and chose his words carefully.
"Less extreme method to draw their own blood than just giving them a sickle and tell them to start cutting for the first spell they do."
He commented wryly.

He sighed, "Well, I just hope Dr. Boudavich won't take the cost of this imminent painful lesson out of my skin - she does trust me with his safety, after all... And no, I won't tell her what you plan to do; there are limits to how far I will go to protect you from yourself, but I'm probably going to have to ask you to sign a legal waiver, just in case..."

"There are witnesses that he is entering into this sparring match of his own free will."
Amadeus said.
"As for his Mentor, the kid is released is he not? I bet she will have full understanding at at times he will just have to be allowed to stand for his own words."

He sighed and muttered softly, "Won't need support tomorrow, going to need a stretcher... Tapping out after ten seconds is going to be difficult if he passes out from shock after eight..."

"I will have a healing spell hung and ready to go if he needs aid quickly."
Amadeus said.
"And he will not pass out after eight seconds, I will aim for places that...teach a lesson other than just take him out and he wake up healed not really realizing the cost."

He shrugged, "Seems to me everyone, even those with no magical ability, have some mental defenses; it does appear to be far harder to dig into knowledge and memories someone doesn't want to share, as opposed to knowledge that is freely offered up. I don't think you'll have any trouble with tapping into secrets of Richard's if you get his consent to borrow his martial skills."

"This is true Mr Wainwright, it is always easier to affect someone in ways they agree to and read out what is offered rather than what is held back."
Amadeus said.
"There should be a clear different between the skills Dr Lee is willing to share and which he is not."

He nodded, "Just keep in mind, most nurses don't do that because they want to... if there's any wish of theirs involved, it is to get to do their job with a minimum of fuss and extra work, and sometimes, that unfortunately translates to the easiest solution being to jab a struggling kid using a bit more force than is explicitly necessary... At the very least, it seems the nurses at our two hospitals are beginning to take a few methods out of my playbook; talking with the kids calmly for a minute or so saves on a lot of crying and fear, and removes a lot of the need for force."

"Yeah but the university hospital still hold kids down as a standard practice under blood tests unless the parents protest."
Anna said and frowned.
"And what if the kids can not be talked into cooperating?"

He nodded thoughtfully, "There are a few people - Sleepers - who still fight for the dream, fight against the grey and cold. Like the owner of the ice cream shop I visited today, investigating... well, investigating. She might accept investments, if the terms are acceptable to her, meaning that she doesn't want investors who work her to the bone and bleed her shop dry from the interest on their investments... It might be viable to persuade her that investments are made as a grander plan to rejuvenate the Spirit of the City - without necessarily letting her know how literal that might be intended. She does bring quite a bit of joy to the area, even to the Technocrats who get their treats there after work."

"Ah lovely lovely though I prefer warmer treats."
The Deaconess said clearly not understanding the talk about investments.
"I am afraid I do not have much available cash to spend on such endeavors."
Amadeus said. Narim turned and regarded Colin for a moment.
"Ehm...why are we investing in a ice cream shop, I get that it might be a nice place but we do you want us to get involved directly Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded and smiled, "I would appreciate that, Milady."

"Good good...it will be nice."
Mara said and smiled.
"We will have tea, and cookies, I do like cookies."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He grinned as he glanced sideways at Serge, "Ah, no, he is not dancing - it is a gesture of salutation. I don't believe he can see you just yet, though..."
He paused, "An owl? Not by any chance the same owl that has chosen to associate itself with me? It would be quite the peculiar coincidence... and I don't exactly believe in those..."

"A gesture of greeting...he looks very enthusiastic...the owl...yes, he is the one you have befriended, his soul reborn in the bird's body, his life as a dog was a good one until he got sick, though I do not know if he remembers it."
Engrave said scraping his blades together impatiently waiting to get back to his task.

He nodded and lowered the chalk again, "As we lack any further detailed information, I understand the problem for you to locate the poor fellow. Will you stay and help us when we summon the nameless spirit, to help calm it and explain that we can offer help, if it is willing to trust us over the monster who stole its Name?"

"I will do so."
Engrave said and he started writing on the floor with his claws. George sigh.
"Ah well I guess the floor needed to be polished again anyway."

"Pictures worth a thousand words. I've always liked that expression." he said with a smile.

"A most poetic expression at least but sometimes the direct nature of words are far more valuable that the symbol nature of pictures."
The Primus said and smiled.

"Don't worry, I understand. Everyone has a role to play in a story and mine will come later." Serge said cheering up a little after hearing the Primu's comforting words.

"Indeed so young man."
George agreed.

"Symbols can be interpreted in a lot of different ways. I remember hearing similar things about runic symbols. But remember that first impressions often leave the strongest marks on people. And being known as the god of war will certainly come with some stereotypes. If you can play along with those biases the influence your art has will become a lot stronger." Serge said.

"The problem is that biases are often formed without proper understanding of the culture of the place and time period where these Gods where worshiped, a God of war mean something else now than it did to ancient Romans."
The ancient mage explained.

"Do we need to stop using names in general or can we use fake names?" Serge asked curiously.

"There is little purpose in fake names any name that you identify enough with to function as a moniker is a way for a spirit to reach you."
George said.
"So it is best not to use the."

"Damn. He looks a lot cooler than I thought. He can hear me right? Hello Colin's Spirit friend." he said waving at the spirit once again.

"I have no temperature it is not a part of my nature, I chronicle history and yes I can hear you enthusiastic human with what I can't touch inside."
Engrave said as he turned to regard the young mage then he went back to writing on the floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:33 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'True enough. Would explain why this was such a blindside...'

Anja's Post:

'Always are, sir. But this guy thinks it's another jab-and-wander-away. He won't be expecting me to be wise, or go with backup. Hopefully...'

[Wasn't expecting Serge to defend her to the last ditch, though thought he'd at least comment "she doesn't seem to have any issue with me" or something...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'True enough. Would explain why this was such a blindside...'

"Yeah it could then again they might know and just not want to get involved in the Awakeneds' business, just like if we knew something where going on in their society chances are we would just move on and let them sort it out for themselves."
Beynes commented.

'Always are, sir. But this guy thinks it's another jab-and-wander-away. He won't be expecting me to be wise, or go with backup. Hopefully...'

"I know but try to avoid getting jabbed I spend to much time repairing you to have you die on me now!"
The other Etherite said nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:00 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Really? There was me going to get pricked just for fun.' Nicole quipped sarcastically, pulling off her trousers and looking around for a pair of work overalls. 'It's a calculated risk, sir. And at least I know when the hit is too, unlike if it was in say a bar or whatnot.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:16 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"I bet she is going to figure it out Serge, you Mentor is good at figuring things out."
Kyle said. The time was 10:45.

"I mean, it's not like I'll hide it from her if she asks. So she'll probably know eventually." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Yes but you are choosing a pretty extreme version there are a reason why I give my apprentices a..."
Amadeus glanced at Anna and chose his words carefully.
"Less extreme method to draw their own blood than just giving them a sickle and tell them to start cutting for the first spell they do."
He commented wryly.
Anja wrote:"I will have a healing spell hung and ready to go if he needs aid quickly."
Amadeus said.
"And he will not pass out after eight seconds, I will aim for places that...teach a lesson other than just take him out and he wake up healed not really realizing the cost."

"As fun as it is to talk about how much your gonna stab me, let's make sure we're on the same page. The main purpose of the duel is to test my rote in a combat scenario right? That's why you offered to duel me in the first place right? The 'teaching me about real combat scenarios' is a side lesson right?" Serge asked.  

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Anja wrote:"The problem is that biases are often formed without proper understanding of the culture of the place and time period where these Gods where worshiped, a God of war mean something else now than it did to ancient Romans."

"I always found that some of those biases can hold power as well. It's not always the case, but what the majority of people believe can often be stronger than what the actual truth is. Something us mages know quite too well." Serge said evenly.

Anja wrote:"I have no temperature it is not a part of my nature, I chronicle history and yes I can hear you enthusiastic human with what I can't touch inside."
Engrave said as he turned to regard the young mage then he went back to writing on the floor.

"I knew you were going to say something like that." Serge said with a smile before letting the spirit get on with his work.

(OOC: Sorry, I didn't notice it in time. When I first saw that conversation I figured it was a private one between Colin and Adley.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:53 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled wryly, "Considering I've been attempted set on fire, I'd say you're free to let out a dark, bitter laugh at it, at least..."

"Fair enough..."

He nodded, "I'll go over the matter with her before we take off; perhaps arrange to put her under the guidance of a senior Etherite for the... necessary lessons in decorum, if nothing else."

He shrugged. "I would hazard to guess that any attempt to 'chaperone' her will be met with anger, but maybe a talk will help, if anyone can talk to her about it, you can."

[Spirit Shenanigans]

He grinned, "Agrippa is very useful if you don't want Thibault to negate your Capo Ferro, though..."

"There you go again, always rocking Thibault," he returned.

He nodded, "Very well, Sir, Amicus..." He glanced at Serge, "Kid."

He nodded at Colin. "Sir, amicus, Neaniskos..."

"Remember he is also protector of Rome and his sons founded the city."
George said.
"The problem is that biases are often formed without proper understanding of the culture of the place and time period where these Gods where worshiped, a God of war mean something else now than it did to ancient Romans."
"Quite."

"Yes, sir." Time was ticking and he had to go get his sister - or arrange for someone trustworthy to get them if things kept happening.

// I thought Serge wisely decided to stay out of it lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Really? There was me going to get pricked just for fun.' Nicole quipped sarcastically, pulling off her trousers and looking around for a pair of work overalls. 'It's a calculated risk, sir. And at least I know when the hit is too, unlike if it was in say a bar or whatnot.'

"I know, I know I just want you to be safe Nicole."
Baynes said.
"And I know at times we have to take calculated risks and this is worth it however I am allowed to worry."

[Colin's Room]

"I mean, it's not like I'll hide it from her if she asks. So she'll probably know eventually." Serge said with a shrug.

"There is a good chance she will yes."
Kyle said and nodded.
"She is a smart lady."

"As fun as it is to talk about how much your gonna stab me, let's make sure we're on the same page. The main purpose of the duel is to test my rote in a combat scenario right? That's why you offered to duel me in the first place right? The 'teaching me about real combat scenarios' is a side lesson right?" Serge asked.

"Indeed you want to experience a real knife fight, and I will give you one. No child the reason why I offered to spar with you is that I want to see how much of your words are immature boasts and dreams and how much is real, you are in my apprentice's Cabal one day her life might depend on you and I want to know what you can do."
Amadeus said plainly he had never been one for diplomacy.
"But I will treat it like any other sparring match holding nothing back save actually killing you and we will see what you got."

[Spirit Shenanigans]

"I always found that some of those biases can hold power as well. It's not always the case, but what the majority of people believe can often be stronger than what the actual truth is. Something us mages know quite too well." Serge said evenly.

"This is correct child, every belief holds power and the stronger the belief the stronger the power, often we therefore get several versions if you will of a given entity. Thor as believed in by the old Norse for example and Thor as seen by Marvel or for that matter Thor the hobby Nazi mascot though I do not advocate for contacting that last one."
George said with a frown at the last bit.

"I knew you were going to say something like that." Serge said with a smile before letting the spirit get on with his work.

"See I knew you where a smart lad."
George said and grinned.

"Yes, sir." Time was ticking and he had to go get his sister - or arrange for someone trustworthy to get them if things kept happening.

"There will be time for you to fulfill your Mentor's request, time will allow for it Sodales."
George said seaming to know what you where worried about. Then he got into position within the summoning circle and waited for the two other magi to do the same.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:03 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'A cradle is safe. But one cannot live in a cradle.' Nicole quipped, paraphrasing Tsiolkovsky. 'And better I take this hit than someone who's not that able or doesn't know it's coming.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next