Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm

[Chantry]

'Who the fuck is "Winnifred Adlebloom"?' Nicole says aloud, looking to Serge.

[Ah]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm

[Chantry]

Anja wrote:'If the local NRA were sporting laser weapons, I think everybody would know by now.' the large woman replied, dumping the coats on the arm of the couch, then moving towards the kitchen area. 'One was selling a AK - Romanian, I think - but wanted far too fucking much for it. Even after the ban. Another had a M14 but it was in such a shitty condition - month of Sundays to refit. There was one guy with a sweet Mauser, as well as some flash-bangs... but no. Just no.' shaking her head as she pulled open a cupboard.

'You want something to drink?'

"So just the boring bullet throwing guns.....the flahsbangs cool though." Serge commented, "No thanks on the drink. Just came back from the cafe."

Anja wrote:'Like that concerns me if I'm fucking dead.' she replied acidly. 'Anyways, think the powers-that-be wouldn't really give a fuck about a little thing like that. Though fair dos, the Chief didn't know that when he gave the order.'

Not much had changed in the apartment since his original visit with Cava a few weeks back; save the random piles of items which had grown larger - tools, media, clothing, magazines. Though he'll notice that quite a lot of the heavier stuff had now left; presumably now in the workshop downstairs.

"Was hoping for some robots or a giant laser cannon." Serge mused walking around the room.

Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a frown on reading this; why did he need to have her come in?
Nicole wrote:'Who the fuck is "Winnifred Adlebloom"?' Nicole says aloud, looking to Serge.

"I think that's Freddy's real name. I know her last name is Adlebloom at least." Serge replied.

"Why do you ask? Did something come up?" he asked looking a little worried.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:47 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'Had a load of tacticool crap there too, they did. You'd have liked them.' Nicole's voice said, as she started to root through the cupboard. 'And no way would I buy gear off a fascist, 'specially one who blatantly was gonna ask me for my number too.' pulling out a bottle of disinfectant and closing the door.

Serge's Post:

'Already been through this - I'm a soldier, not a member of the CRI.' she replied, peeling off her leather gloves and locating a latex one on the counter. 'Plus, how the fuck would I get a cannon out of the room? We're on the top floor.' pulling on the glove and removing the dirty dishes out of the sink. 'Unless I've got the "Gibbs teleporting device".'

Serge's Post:

'No.. just that someone wants contact details.' she said, looking at her phone as she quickly typed out a text to Freddie; 'Professor wants contact details, sounds important. Can I pass your number on?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:09 pm

[Chantry]

You got a text back from Freddy which said.
"Dr Hadermann? Yes sure no problem, I have to wonder what one of the Deacons of WC want with me though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:29 pm

[Chantry]

Anja wrote:'Had a load of tacticool crap there too, they did. You'd have liked them.' Nicole's voice said, as she started to root through the cupboard. 'And no way would I buy gear off a fascist, 'specially one who blatantly was gonna ask me for my number too.' pulling out a bottle of disinfectant and closing the door

Serge glanced curiously at Nicole, contemplating whether he should ask or not. "Soooo, like an actual fascist or are you just calling him that?"

Anja wrote:Already been through this - I'm a soldier, not a member of the CRI.' she replied, peeling off her leather gloves and locating a latex one on the counter. 'Plus, how the fuck would I get a cannon out of the room? We're on the top floor.' pulling on the glove and removing the dirty dishes out of the sink. 'Unless I've got the "Gibbs teleporting device".'

"Same way people move beds and couches. Through sheer strength and teamwork....or piece by piece." Serge said with a chuckle.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"I...guess so Sir and that if I am going to be free, then germs is something I am going to have to start thinking about, it will be strange...to age, to actually have to worry about getting sick."
Cathy said and frowned.
Colin smiled wryly, "I think you'll do fine... though I would make sure to be up to date on vaccines, just in case."

Anja wrote:"It is ok Sir, I am not injured and I assume the soreness will soon pass and besides it is worth it."
The ghoul said with a little smile.
He nodded, "It usually passes quickly; your vampire blood will likely accelerate that."

Anja wrote:"That is possible yes, however the question is where to find this letter deliverer."
Irene said and she raised an eyebrow.
He grinned, "Well, now, finding that out would require a bit of magic. Do you know where I might find someone capable of such a thing?"

Anja wrote:"Yes I can argue the point and we can hope but at the same time the Deacons can decide this stuation is dire enough that such fears can not be accommodated."
Richard said and your could almost hear him frown.
He pondered, "I think Mara and George, at least, might be inclined to compassion for the fearful... The others... might be a slightly harder sell."

Anja wrote:"Hum...that is possible since the serum affects magick, and this illness do break the blood brain barrier. Dr Terlitzer sent a new letter with some new findings of hers, and I have had a copy sent to Dr Hadermann, she mentioned that she had found traces of the pathogen in her patients and her own spinal fluid so there might be some link."
The Akashic agreed.
He frowned, "That is worrying... well, we'll see what the collective brain trusts across the barricades can come up with together."

Anja wrote:"I understand, and without your consent no one will touch your apprentice though the Deacons might order you to allow it if they make the examination mandatory. I am not so sure me asking Anna about this is a god idea, even just asking her will scare her it is better you speak with her when you return home. As for Master Nassa, yes I picked him up at the university hospital, he managed to heal the little girl he was there to see but like I said that illness is magick resistant, doing so took allot out of him."
Richard said.
"Well I will go speak with the Deacons then, I just wanted to discuss this with you first."
He nodded, "If the Deacons so decide, so be it, but at least they'll have to wait for me to get there in person... Ah, if Master Nassa is with you there, would you mind letting him know there's a ghoul wishing for liberation? I have a blood sample from her, to locate her by and help sever the vampire's influence from her; I managed to give her a taste of freedom at the airport, and she liked it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:31 pm

[Driving]

Colin nodded and carefully uncapped the needle, glancing at the brand, "This will likely sting, but at least the needle is sterile; my apologies for the lack of a surface anaesthetic or a sterile wipe..."
He carefully poked at the largest blood vessel, slowly drawing a couple ccs of blood

He made a slight face at the blood - not squeamishness so much as disgust. Vampire contaminated blood was not something he liked being around.

"I...guess so Sir and that if I am going to be free, then germs is something I am going to have to start thinking about, it will be strange...to age, to actually have to worry about getting sick."
Cathy said and frowned.

"You don't age?"

"Well not keeping all those with implants in one place being a bad idea is not so much a medical thing as it is that place becoming a very big target, and yes the illness will affect anyone with implants, this include things like pacemakers or implanted hearing aids." Richard said and sigh. "That is what makes this so dangerous.

"Yeah, I suppose but we could protect them too. But I guess we can't keep everyone locked in a safe room." He sighed. "But how are you going to prevent people from getting this from Sleepers, or them giving it to one another?"

"I will certainly re test her and ask if she have gotten any new insight, also since she do have implants she could get sick and will need to be protected, currently through if I recommend testing everyone that would include our Cabalmate's apprentice and Miss Sinclair, and testing everyone is definitively the safest option...also due to the apprentice in question's medical condition she would be more likely to get infections than the rest of us, so we would get a clearer answer from her, if I look at it just through logic it is a no brainer but there is a human element here as well."
"Oh, bugger... and now I wonder whether I disinfected my hands properly at the infirmary... Fuck..."
He shook his head, "Too late to change that now... I'm sorry, but as convenient as testing Anna would be, she already had a harrowing experience earlier today, with another timeline trying to reassert itself. If not for that, I might have been able to try to persuade her, but as it is... I will have to ask you to find another candidate as far as possible, there... should be others at the Chantry who have not yet been exposed. Others who do not fear needles so greatly. We'll want to avoid experimenting with our big girl, though, for obvious reasons..."

"We can't keep checking people to see if they stay clear though, I mean...how easy is it to get this?"

"Yes I can argue the point and we can hope but at the same time the Deacons can decide this stuation is dire enough that such fears can not be accommodated."
Richard said and your could almost hear him frown.

"Hang on though, what would the harm be in just assuming that she may have gotten this thing and treating her as if she were, for the time being?"

He frowned, "There might be some interesting interactions with the bloody serum, I will ask Dr. Hadermann to test it when I get there - he's got a sample of the original poison and most likely a blood sample from a victim, too. Mind you, I'm not proposing direct human testing of the hypothesis until it's been tried in a microscope."

"Shit. This keeps going from bad to worse."

// his player has been sick with bronchitis for over a week too lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

A short pause as Nicole looked at Serge. 'Nazi mementos, Infowars DVDs, "Blue Lives Matter" shirt, Matthew Bracken books. If he isn't part of the saluting crowd, he's close enough to 'em.' the disgust obvious, turning back to the sink and flipping the hot tap on.

Serge's Post:

'Or... simply build the thing on the first floor?' she replied, testing the temperature of the water with a finger. 'Anyway, a weapon that size ain't practical.' opening the bottle of disinfectant and pouring some on a scrubbing sponge.

Anja's Post:

'No idea'. she texted back. Then she quickly texted Hadermann with Freddy's number.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 pm

[Airport]

Colin smiled wryly, "I think you'll do fine... though I would make sure to be up to date on vaccines, just in case."

"I have not had any of those since I was four...I guess I better go see a doctor when I am settled."
Cathy agreed.
"I would not want to catch something nasty."

He nodded, "It usually passes quickly; your vampire blood will likely accelerate that."

The young ghoul nodded.
"Once my powers return I can simply heal the wound so that should fix it."

He grinned, "Well, now, finding that out would require a bit of magic. Do you know where I might find someone capable of such a thing?"

"Indeed so, the question is more what kind of magick you think this will require Mr Wainwright."

He made a slight face at the blood - not squeamishness so much as disgust. Vampire contaminated blood was not something he liked being around.

Irene noted your reaction and looked at you for a moment but she did not say anything.

"You don't age?"

"Not as long as I continue to drink my Master's blood, however eternal life as a slave is not worth it, sure it nice not to age but I would rather live a few decades of freedom than millennia in bondage."
Cathy said and sigh.

He pondered, "I think Mara and George, at least, might be inclined to compassion for the fearful... The others... might be a slightly harder sell."

"Well the others to will be compassionate but there is a good chance they will see the potential danger to many outweighing the discomfort of the few."
Richard said and sigh.

He frowned, "That is worrying... well, we'll see what the collective brain trusts across the barricades can come up with together."

"Hopefully they will figure out some way to stop this thing before it spreads to far."
The Akashic said.
"And thousands die and we are all found out an exterminated in a new witch hunt."

He nodded, "If the Deacons so decide, so be it, but at least they'll have to wait for me to get there in person...

"Yes that they will."
The Akashic agreed.
"I will make sure no one touches her until then."

Ah, if Master Nassa is with you there, would you mind letting him know there's a ghoul wishing for liberation? I have a blood sample from her, to locate her by and help sever the vampire's influence from her; I managed to give her a taste of freedom at the airport, and she liked it."

You heard Richard giving the message to Amadeus and a reply in the background then your Cabalmate said to you.
"I have told him. Master Nassa agree to help this ghoul, he says he can find hr from her blood and purge the vampire's influence from her body, heart and mind, but he will need a few hours to recover from helping the girl in the hospital as it will be a demanding working, he says just to drop a few drops of the woman's blood off with him at you convenience."

"Yeah, I suppose but we could protect them too. But I guess we can't keep everyone locked in a safe room." He sighed. "But how are you going to prevent people from getting this from Sleepers, or them giving it to one another?"

"I do think keeping them all in a locked room will be rather hard. As for how to protect sleepers, if we are lucky and only those who have contact with a sick person get the infection and they can only spread it to another with implants, and we find a cure quickly we can find ways to treat the sick and those who have been in contact with them, if however a carrier can make other non implanted carriers then we...well then we are in big dodo."
Richard said glumly.

"We can't keep checking people to see if they stay clear though, I mean...how easy is it to get this?"

"Actually yes we can, and we do not know how easy it is to get it yet though we thing it is somehow transferred by touch but exactly how is of yet unknown."

"Hang on though, what would the harm be in just assuming that she may have gotten this thing and treating her as if she were, for the time being?"

"Actually that is...a brilliant idea Adley I had not considered that but yes we can do that, it might keep us from having to have to test her and Miss Sinclair."
Richard said and he sounded a little less glum...a little."

Shit. This keeps going from bad to worse."

"Indeed, I for one is not a happy camper."
Richard said, now sounding glum again.

[Steelhaven]

You got a reply back from Hadermann which simply said.
"Thank you Scientist."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:A short pause as Nicole looked at Serge. 'Nazi mementos, Infowars DVDs, "Blue Lives Matter" shirt, Matthew Bracken books. If he isn't part of the saluting crowd, he's close enough to 'em.' the disgust obvious, turning back to the sink and flipping the hot tap on.

"Fair enough." Serge said with a shrug. "Wait hold on....he just brought Infowar DVDs and books with him to a gun show? And just carried them a round as he sold firearms?"

Nicole wrote:'Or... simply build the thing on the first floor?' she replied, testing the temperature of the water with a finger. 'Anyway, a weapon that size ain't practical.' opening the bottle of disinfectant and pouring some on a scrubbing sponge.

"Man, no one here values style points." Serge said, looking for and sitting down on the couch that he had say on during his visit with Cava. He unrolled the white poster board that he had brought and opened the box containing a set of fancy looking pens. He pulled one out and began to draw something the white poster board.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

Another short silence, as Nicole grabbed a large dirty glass of the side and began scrubbing it intently with the disinfected sponge. 'I take it you've never been to a gun show, then?'

Serge's Post:

'Oh, they do value style points... just in ways you don't get, that's all.' the large woman replied evenly, running the glass under the hot tap. Serge will find there's enough room to sit on the couch, though the "Nick-groove" had a few small items around it and the table in front contained an overflowing ashtray, remnants of a takeaway of some form, a bottle of something and something green and herb-like in a tiny plastic bag.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 am

[Chantry]

Anja wrote:Another short silence, as Nicole grabbed a large dirty glass of the side and began scrubbing it intently with the disinfected sponge. 'I take it you've never been to a gun show, then?'

"I feel like I've established that fact well enough." Serge said with a wry grin.

Anja wrote:'Oh, they do value style points... just in ways you don't get, that's all.' the large woman replied evenly, running the glass under the hot tap. Serge will find there's enough room to sit on the couch, though the "Nick-groove" had a few small items around it and the table in front contained an overflowing ashtray, remnants of a takeaway of some form, a bottle of something and something green and herb-like in a tiny plastic bag.

"Then enlightened me oh great scientist. What are these esoteric ways that me mere mortal mind cannot comprehend?" Serge said with a smile, his eyes focusing solely on the poster board as he spoke.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 am

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'Well, it's like a cross between a club meet, a fair and a yard sale.' Nicole replied, holding up the glass and staring at it for a moment. 'You ever pull up a big rock, paving slab or log when you were a kid and see all the wigglys under it? It's a bit like that... discovering this whole little world you never knew existed before.' putting the glass to the side and picking up a spoon. 'Course, you've got the normal sellers with their usual but with a huge mark-up, the small-timers with their hand-loads and restored bits, the flying ones there to rob you totally blind and the old dudes who never sell a thing.' now washing up the spoon diligently.

'Course, they sell other stuff too. So you'll see lots of taticool crap, shitty Chinese-made knives, camo clothes, MRE's, hunting stuff, jerky and yes, Nazi shit. Less at the last one than usual... s'pose it's 'cos this is New England, even amongst the shooters.'

Serge's Post:

'Hey...' she replied, sounding a little hurt. 'No need to be sarcastic and all that. Just that don't it occur to you that they do it all subtle-like, so you don't realise? Like do you really think those Hermetics need all those made-up words, wands, hand-moves and robes?' a small clatter of metal-on-metal, then Nicole strode out of the kitchen and towards the bedroom.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:20 am

[Driving]
Anja wrote:"I have not had any of those since I was four...I guess I better go see a doctor when I am settled."
Cathy agreed.
"I would not want to catch something nasty."
Colin nodded, "Indeed you don't - granted, most of the true nasties are largely eradicated, but some of those could yet return. Measles can be a killer, for example."

S7trif3 wrote:"You don't age?"
Anja wrote:"Not as long as I continue to drink my Master's blood, however eternal life as a slave is not worth it, sure it nice not to age but I would rather live a few decades of freedom than millennia in bondage."
Cathy said and sigh.
He pondered, "That... makes sense, actually; vampires don't really age, and the blood is the power, so it fits that sharing a bit of their blood with their loyal servants allows them to keep said servants around in perpetuity..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, the question is more what kind of magick you think this will require Mr Wainwright."
He smiled thinly, "A bit of scrying through time and space, to see when and where the courier carried it. Of course, it is possible they were warded, but it's the best shot right now."

Anja wrote:"Well the others to will be compassionate but there is a good chance they will see the potential danger to many outweighing the discomfort of the few."
Richard said and sigh.
He sighed, "True... Then again, the Chief will likely understand, too, since we've been helping his youngest overcome his fear of medical treatment... It's at least worth a shot."

Anja wrote:"Hopefully they will figure out some way to stop this thing before it spreads to far."
The Akashic said.
"And thousands die and we are all found out an exterminated in a new witch hunt."
He frowned, "I'm afraid you might have to add a few zeroes to that estimate if we can't find a cure. If it's that infectious, it will already have reached the general populace..."

Anja wrote:"Yes that they will."
The Akashic agreed.
"I will make sure no one touches her until then."
He nodded, "Thank you."

S7trif3 wrote:"Yeah, I suppose but we could protect them too. But I guess we can't keep everyone locked in a safe room." He sighed. "But how are you going to prevent people from getting this from Sleepers, or them giving it to one another?"
Anja wrote:"I do think keeping them all in a locked room will be rather hard. As for how to protect sleepers, if we are lucky and only those who have contact with a sick person get the infection and they can only spread it to another with implants, and we find a cure quickly we can find ways to treat the sick and those who have been in contact with them, if however a carrier can make other non implanted carriers then we...well then we are in big dodo."
Richard said glumly.
He frowned, "Unless we can find a cure able to go as viral as the disease."

S7trif3 wrote:"We can't keep checking people to see if they stay clear though, I mean...how easy is it to get this?"
Anja wrote:"Actually yes we can, and we do not know how easy it is to get it yet though we thing it is somehow transferred by touch but exactly how is of yet unknown."
He frowned, "If this thing moves through skin, there might be no obstructing it..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hang on though, what would the harm be in just assuming that she may have gotten this thing and treating her as if she were, for the time being?"
Anja wrote:"Actually that is...a brilliant idea Adley I had not considered that but yes we can do that, it might keep us from having to have to test her and Miss Sinclair."
Richard said and he sounded a little less glum...a little."
He smiled hesitantly, "Good thinking."

S7trif3 wrote:"Shit. This keeps going from bad to worse."
Anja wrote:"Indeed, I for one is not a happy camper."
Richard said, now sounding glum again.
He arched an eyebrow, "That's not necessary a negative - if there's an interaction, it might give us an immense leap forward toward a counteragent. Don't make sausages of your minstrels just yet."

Anja wrote:You heard Richard giving the message to Amadeus and a reply in the background then your Cabalmate said to you.
"I have told him. Master Nassa agree to help this ghoul, he says he can find hr from her blood and purge the vampire's influence from her body, heart and mind, but he will need a few hours to recover from helping the girl in the hospital as it will be a demanding working, he says just to drop a few drops of the woman's blood off with him at you convenience."
He smiled, "Tell him thank you... and of course he gets his recuperation first; and thank him for helping Evelyn... how do her chances look?"

((OOC: Off to accompany my schnookums to hospital - carpal tunnel surgery. Crossing fingers.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 am

[Driving]

Colin nodded, "Indeed you don't - granted, most of the true nasties are largely eradicated, but some of those could yet return. Measles can be a killer, for example."

"Measles that is the one with all the spots right?"
Cathy asked.

He pondered, "That... makes sense, actually; vampires don't really age, and the blood is the power, so it fits that sharing a bit of their blood with their loyal servants allows them to keep said servants around in perpetuity..."

"It is also a good motivation to recruit servants who are willing to trade their freedom for power and eternal life."
The ghoul said and nodded.
"Which in turn get the vampires one of their most important resources, servants who can watch over them during the day."

He smiled thinly, "A bit of scrying through time and space, to see when and where the courier carried it. Of course, it is possible they were warded, but it's the best shot right now."

"This is not magick I myself possess but I can ask around and see if I can find someone who can help you with it."
Irene said and nodded.

He sighed, "True... Then again, the Chief will likely understand, too, since we've been helping his youngest overcome his fear of medical treatment... It's at least worth a shot."

"Understanding is not the same as being willing to risk spreading the illness, Master Morgan will have compassion for the girl, but I am not sure he will let that direct his actions."
Richard said and sigh.

He frowned, "I'm afraid you might have to add a few zeroes to that estimate if we can't find a cure. If it's that infectious, it will already have reached the general populace..."

"Yes I am aware that this might be the case and I fear it may be to late a well but we have to do what we can to stop it."
Your Cabalmate commented.

He nodded, "Thank you."

"Off course."

He frowned, "Unless we can find a cure able to go as viral as the disease."

"We can always hope that we will."
Richard said and he sounded concerned.
"I hope that you will."

He frowned, "If this thing moves through skin, there might be no obstructing it..."

"Hopefully it will need more than that, but we don't know yet."
The Akashic said.

"It is worth a shot at least to suggjest that we can just see Anna and Miss Sinclair as infected an not test them and just ask others to be careful around them. That at least will protect them."
Richard said and nodded.

He arched an eyebrow, "That's not necessary a negative - if there's an interaction, it might give us an immense leap forward toward a counteragent. Don't make sausages of your minstrels just yet."

"Let us hope you are right Colin."
Richard commented hesitantly.

He smiled, "Tell him thank you... and of course he gets his recuperation first; and thank him for helping Evelyn... how do her chances look?"

Richard delivered the message and then said to you.
"He says the girl is weakened but that she is now cured time will show if she will recover her strength and survive. He also says no problem about the blood slave, he will help her."

(OOC: Wish her good luck for me. I hope all go well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 pm

[Chantry]

Anja wrote:'Well, it's like a cross between a club meet, a fair and a yard sale.' Nicole replied, holding up the glass and staring at it for a moment. 'You ever pull up a big rock, paving slab or log when you were a kid and see all the wigglys under it? It's a bit like that... discovering this whole little world you never knew existed before.' putting the glass to the side and picking up a spoon. 'Course, you've got the normal sellers with their usual but with a huge mark-up, the small-timers with their hand-loads and restored bits, the flying ones there to rob you totally blind and the old dudes who never sell a thing.' now washing up the spoon diligently.

'Course, they sell other stuff too. So you'll see lots of taticool crap, shitty Chinese-made knives, camo clothes, MRE's, hunting stuff, jerky and yes, Nazi shit. Less at the last one than usual... s'pose it's 'cos this is New England, even amongst the shooters.'

"Neat! Wouldn't mind going, just to see what it's like." Serge said, sounding genuinely interested despite the mention of Nazism. "But wait, don't they also show off new innovations in gun technology or something at those things? Like in a car show or a fashion show?"

Nicole wrote:Hey...' she replied, sounding a little hurt. 'No need to be sarcastic and all that. Just that don't it occur to you that they do it all subtle-like, so you don't realise? Like do you really think those Hermetics need all those made-up words, wands, hand-moves and robes?' a small clatter of metal-on-metal, then Nicole strode out of the kitchen and towards the bedroom.

"Do scientist and engineers need all those tools? Could you fix a car with your bare hands?" Serge said, letting Nicole fill in the rest. " And sorry, I didn't mean to be sarcastic. I do really wanna know. What's the point of style points if your gonna do it subtly? Like, no one would notice."

(OOC: Hope everything goes well Warp)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'You should have said. Could have come with me and Fran.' Nicole's voice replied from the bedroom. 'And yeah, a few tables might show off new kit, but that more happens for the big shows, like the one in Vegas. This one was only a little one, and went there to do loophole shopping, me.'

Serge's Post:

A silence; Serge could hear things being moved around in the bedroom. 'Cos, Grasshopper if you do it all blatant-like that makes you a poser. And the real deal can always tell a poser from a mile off.' her sneer audible. 'Posers do shit just for the Rule of Cool, even if it makes their abilities worse. That's the whole thing about "tacticool" - shit you put on weapons which look the stuff, but actually make them less deadly.' at this point she returned to the front room, and halted, looking at Serge.

The Etherite had changed into dark cargos and a tank-top - the latter being a rather snug fit. She rolled her shoulders, causing several muscles to flex out. 'Also have to be careful that you don't go past the point of no return and become the style you just wanted to have as a mask.'

[Insert generic well-wisher line here!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm

[Airport]

"Not as long as I continue to drink my Master's blood, however eternal life as a slave is not worth it, sure it nice not to age but I would rather live a few decades of freedom than millennia in bondage."
Cathy said and sigh.
"It is also a good motivation to recruit servants who are willing to trade their freedom for power and eternal life."
"Which in turn get the vampires one of their most important resources, servants who can watch over them during the day."

"I see."

"Actually yes we can, and we do not know how easy it is to get it yet though we thing it is somehow transferred by touch but exactly how is of yet unknown."
"Yes I am aware that this might be the case and I fear it may be to late a well but we have to do what we can to stop it."

"It would be hard to do that, and also take care of all the mess. I mean, if it's so easily transferred as touch it's going to happen even accidentally," he said with a frown. "But the main concern is for those with implants, right? Those without don't get sick?"

"Actually that is...a brilliant idea Adley I had not considered that but yes we can do that, it might keep us from having to have to test her and Miss Sinclair."
Richard said and he sounded a little less glum...a little.

"It is worth a shot at least to suggjest that we can just see Anna and Miss Sinclair as infected an not test them and just ask others to be careful around them. That at least will protect them."
Richard said and nodded.

He raised an eyebrow though Richard couldn't see him, out of habit and then returned Colin's smiile."Well, good. That can work for others that can't do as you request. My brother might fit that bill. I mean, as long as there's no danger to them."

//fingers and toes crossed, Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'You should have said. Could have come with me and Fran.' Nicole's voice replied from the bedroom. 'And yeah, a few tables might show off new kit, but that more happens for the big shows, like the one in Vegas. This one was only a little one, and went there to do loophole shopping, me.'

"Oh you went with Fran? Neat. Seems like she'd enjoy that type of thing." Serge commented. "Don't think Its the best idea of taking me. Knowing me, I'd buy all the tacticool shit I could see without even having a weapon to put it on."

Nicole wrote:A silence; Serge could hear things being moved around in the bedroom. 'Cos, Grasshopper if you do it all blatant-like that makes you a poser. And the real deal can always tell a poser from a mile off.' her sneer audible. 'Posers do shit just for the Rule of Cool, even if it makes their abilities worse. That's the whole thing about "tacticool" - shit you put on weapons which look the stuff, but actually make them less deadly.' at this point she returned to the front room, and halted, looking at Serge.

The Etherite had changed into dark cargos and a tank-top - the latter being a rather snug fit. She rolled her shoulders, causing several muscles to flex out. 'Also have to be careful that you don't go past the point of no return and become the style you just wanted to have as a mask.'

"That's certainly not the first time I've heard all of that. Hell it's not the first time I've heard it today." Serge said with a sigh, not taking notice to Nicole's movements as he was focused on whatever it was he was drawing on the posterboard. "I love the rule of cool. Who cares if it makes my abilities worse. At least people would know I have abilities."

Realizing that he didn't want start the same arguement for the fifth time today, Serge quickly changed the subject. "So who did you have to 'persuade' from the airport anyways? Can't be a vampire cause it's still the middle of the day."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 pm

[Airport]

"I see."

"A vampire's blood are potent."
Cathy said simply.

"It would be hard to do that, and also take care of all the mess. I mean, if it's so easily transferred as touch it's going to happen even accidentally," he said with a frown. "But the main concern is for those with implants, right? Those without don't get sick?"

"Hopefully there have to be some exchange of body fluids, you might have touched your eyes and then you shake someone's hand and they touch their lips later, this would still be a bad situation but a little better than skin to skin contact and allot better than anything airborne."
Richard said.
"Yes that is correct, those without implants do not get sick, it is the ones with implants who are in danger, but we do not want this thing to spread."

He raised an eyebrow though Richard couldn't see him, out of habit and then returned Colin's smiile."Well, good. That can work for others that can't do as you request. My brother might fit that bill. I mean, as long as there's no danger to them."

"No there are no danger to anyone without implants, at least not as far as we know. I will request before the Council that everyone be given a choice, to be tested or to be assumed to be carriers and as such they should stay mostly in their rooms and not have contact with anyone with implants. Hopefully we will get enough data from the ones willing to let themselves be tested. Yes your brother might not want to, he is not as scared as Anna but he fear a loss of control and he is affected by Jhor and is rather hard to stick, usually requiring several attempts making it rather unpleasant for him, he might decide to get tested anyway though, he is not that hard to work with as long as everything remains his choice and he knows he can stop at any time."
The Akashic said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:44 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

A soft laugh at this. 'But at least we could make sure you got gear which was both cool and usable.'

Serge's Post:

'To the extent you one day look in the mirror and barely recognise the person looking back?' she replied, rather softly - if Serge looked up, he'd see Nicole looking at him with a slightly melancholic curiosity than anything else.

Serge's Post:

'Well that story only makes sense with context.' she said, moving back towards the kitchen. 'How much do you know about the disease thing with the implants?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm

[Driving]
Anja wrote:"Measles that is the one with all the spots right?"
Cathy asked.
Colin nodded, "One of the worst with spots, at any rate. There's also rubella and chicken pox, with similar spots, and some... particularly nasty potential consequences."

Anja wrote:"It is also a good motivation to recruit servants who are willing to trade their freedom for power and eternal life."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Which would be less objectionable if the servants were fully informed regarding what they gave up for said immortality..."

Anja wrote:"This is not magick I myself possess but I can ask around and see if I can find someone who can help you with it."
Irene said and nodded.
He smiled, "I believe I am quite covered personally in that regard. The only thing I might need a little help with is the raw power, but... I should be able to manage."

Anja wrote:"Understanding is not the same as being willing to risk spreading the illness, Master Morgan will have compassion for the girl, but I am not sure he will let that direct his actions."
Richard said and sigh.
He nodded, "No, he would not be likely to let sentiment dictate his actions, but he'd probably be willing to let it influence the severity of his decision."

Anja wrote:"Yes I am aware that this might be the case and I fear it may be to late a well but we have to do what we can to stop it."
S7trif3 wrote:"It would be hard to do that, and also take care of all the mess. I mean, if it's so easily transferred as touch it's going to happen even accidentally," he said with a frown. "But the main concern is for those with implants, right? Those without don't get sick?"
Anja wrote:"Hopefully there have to be some exchange of body fluids, you might have touched your eyes and then you shake someone's hand and they touch their lips later, this would still be a bad situation but a little better than skin to skin contact and allot better than anything airborne."
Richard said.
"Yes that is correct, those without implants do not get sick, it is the ones with implants who are in danger, but we do not want this thing to spread."
He pondered, "An important question, though - does it only afflict those with electronic implants, or will it activate in, say, elderly ladies with an artificial hip joint as well? That answer might help pinpoint the triggering mechanism of the disease."

Anja wrote:"We can always hope that we will."
Richard said and he sounded concerned.
"I hope that you will."
He nodded, "We'll all do our best to come up with a cure, medical degree or not."

Anja wrote:"Hopefully it will need more than that, but we don't know yet."
The Akashic said.
He nodded, "Hopefully... hopefully, we'll find out soon. If a simple hand sanitizer can stop it, all the better, though I doubt we're that lucky..."

Anja wrote:"It is worth a shot at least to suggjest that we can just see Anna and Miss Sinclair as infected an not test them and just ask others to be careful around them. That at least will protect them."
Richard said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow though Richard couldn't see him, out of habit and then returned Colin's smiile."Well, good. That can work for others that can't do as you request. My brother might fit that bill. I mean, as long as there's no danger to them."
Anja wrote:"No there are no danger to anyone without implants, at least not as far as we know. I will request before the Council that everyone be given a choice, to be tested or to be assumed to be carriers and as such they should stay mostly in their rooms and not have contact with anyone with implants. Hopefully we will get enough data from the ones willing to let themselves be tested. Yes your brother might not want to, he is not as scared as Anna but he fear a loss of control and he is affected by Jhor and is rather hard to stick, usually requiring several attempts making it rather unpleasant for him, he might decide to get tested anyway though, he is not that hard to work with as long as everything remains his choice and he knows he can stop at any time."
The Akashic said.
He smiled thinly, "He's a good kid... I'm glad we've managed to rebuild his confidence where medicine is concerned, at least. I'll admit, he did have me worried for a while after... well..."

Anja wrote:"Let us hope you are right Colin."
Richard commented hesitantly.
He shrugged, "Right or wrong, testing for interaction will most likely yield something of value. What's the saying? The most interesting tests are the ones that don't give the expected result..."

Anja wrote:Richard delivered the message and then said to you.
"He says the girl is weakened but that she is now cured time will show if she will recover her strength and survive. He also says no problem about the blood slave, he will help her."
He let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness... Please, let Anna know if you see her before I get home. Knowing her, she'll be all beside herself with worry..."

((OOC: Forgot to mention, surgery went well, Schnookums zonked out early tonight. I'll be doing most of the cooking and lifting around here for the next few months...))

Last edited by Warpmind on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 pm

[Driving]

Colin nodded, "One of the worst with spots, at any rate. There's also rubella and chicken pox, with similar spots, and some... particularly nasty potential consequences."

Cathy grimaced at that.
"Well I guess I will get myself a doctor's appointment then to avoid any unnecessary...spots. I can certainly afford to protect myself."
She commented.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Which would be less objectionable if the servants were fully informed regarding what they gave up for said immortality..."

"Being fully informed is rare, some are like the woman you might have seen at the airport, she serves a young Clanless Anarch...ehm...young rebels basically, well not all of them are that young, rebels anyway, anyway the Clanless woman and her ghoul are siblings, I suspect she was told what was in store for her, usually though this is not the case."
Cathy commented and frowned.

He smiled, "I believe I am quite covered personally in that regard. The only thing I might need a little help with is the raw power, but... I should be able to manage."

"Very well then Mr Wainwright, please let me know if there is something I can actually do."
Irena said simply.

He nodded, "No, he would not be likely to let sentiment dictate his actions, but he'd probably be willing to let it influence the severity of his decision."

"That he might indeed, the Chief is a kind man even if he is a warrior at heart."
Richard agreed.

He pondered, "An important question, though - does it only afflict those with electronic implants, or will it activate in, say, elderly ladies with an artificial hip joint as well? That answer might help pinpoint the triggering mechanism of the disease."

"We do not know for sure yet but there have been no rapports of anyone wtth artificial joins, steel plates, pins or piercings getting sick, only those with electronic implants."
The Akashic replied.

He nodded, "We'll all do our best to come up with a cure, medical degree or not."

"Yes, that we will."
Richard said.
"That we will."

He nodded, "Hopefully... hopefully, we'll find out soon. If a simple hand sanitizer can stop it, all the better, though I doubt we're that lucky..."

"We can hope but no we are not likely to be that lucky but until we know it will not work there is no harm in being extra diligent with hand hygiene."
Your Cabalmate agreed.

He smiled thinly, "He's a good kid... I'm glad we've managed to rebuild his confidence where medicine is concerned, at least. I'll admit, he did have me worried for a while after... well..."

"Yes...what we did to him at the hospital was hard on him I never meant to hurt him that much."
The Akashic said sadly.
"I think for him though his fear is mostly centered around being restrained, and as a child allot of force have been used against him in meetings with the medical profession and due to what he is he have been sick allot. He have come to associate visiting a doctor and anything to do with medicine with being held down...he still need a delicate touch but he is allot better now. He volunteered to get vaccinated even if his Mentor had told him he did not have to and that was before we got the hyperspray. I worry about his trial though, chances are he will be...bound, restrained and treated rater roughly in the care of the Security Council, I fear we will be back to square one after that, if not worse than before."
He added and sigh.

He shrugged, "Right or wrong, testing for interaction will most likely yield something of value. What's the saying? The most interesting tests are the ones that don't give the expected result..."

"Yes though let us hope the result will not be...to interesting shall we Colin."
Richard said wryly.

He let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness... Please, let Anna know if you see her before I get home. Knowing her, she'll be all beside herself with worry..."

"I was planning on checking on her after talking with the Deacon Council, I want to check her breathing and heart rate after her ordeal this morning anyway, I will let her know then."
Your Cabalmate agreed.
"I assume I have your parental consent for that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 am

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:A soft laugh at this. 'But at least we could make sure you got gear which was both cool and usable.'

"Yeah! Like thermal vision goggles! A solid black combat knife! A laser pen! An electric shock watch! I may have drifted into spy gear..."

Nicole wrote:'To the extent you one day look in the mirror and barely recognize the person looking back?' she replied, rather softly - if Serge looked up, he'd see Nicole looking at him with a slightly melancholic curiosity than anything else.

"I barely know who I am now Nicole. We're always changing. The person I am today isn't the person I will be tomorrow. And I certainly don't want to be the same kind of person my whole life." Serge said softly, quickly glancing at Nicole and just as quickly looking back down when he saw her melancholic look.

Nicole wrote:'Well that story only makes sense with context.' she said, moving back towards the kitchen. 'How much do you know about the disease thing with the implants?'

"There's a group of vampires who named themselves after the Viridian city gym leader who are apparently responsible for a plague that only hits people with cybernetics implants. Symptoms include a fever and then a quick death." Serge said repeating what he knew.

"Aaaaand....that's it. At least, that's what I can remember. Like I said, I'm kept in the dark quite often."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:53 am

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'And would you use your black knife of coolness for anything more than sharpening pencils with?' she quipped with a little smirk.

Serge's Post:

'Always changing; that we are...' she replied, moving over to the sink, picking up the disinfectant bottle and starting to wash her hands with it. 'But how far are you willing to go to do the cool? That's the thing. You never know where the cliff edge is 'till you've gone over it. Usually, way over it.' ending with a significant look, drying her hands with a tea towel.

Serge's Post:

'Okay...' moving from drying her hands to drying the glass '-this plague is contagious. Normal folk can catch it - they don't get sick, but they might be able to infect others with implants.' picking up a packet and studying it for a moment. 'We don't know if normal folk can infect other normal folk yet.' giving a nod to herself, flexing out one of her artificial fingers and making a sturdy blade appear. 'If they can, and it can be spread like flu does...' now using her finger-blade to cut open the packet '-we are gonna have a nationwide pandemic within a week, global one by two. Worst case scenario is that 'bout two million in the US are gonna die.' putting the blade back into her finger by pressing it into the cabinet door without even looking at it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next