Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:29 am

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'And would you use your black knife of coolness for anything more than sharpening pencils with?' she quipped with a little smirk.

"Practice my knife throwing skill on cardboard cutouts? Or throw it across the room and teleport to it and catch it in midair like a badass." Serge said with a smirk. "Admittedly my track record for that last trick hasn't been great."

Nicole wrote:'Always changing; that we are...' she replied, moving over to the sink, picking up the disinfectant bottle and starting to wash her hands with it. 'But how far are you willing to go to do the cool? That's the thing. You never know where the cliff edge is 'till you've gone over it. Usually, way over it.' ending with a significant look, drying her hands with a tea towel.

"That's how you leave your mark on the world. By doing something extraordinary and making sure everyone sees it. And besides sometimes the best way to move past your limits and grow stronger is to let got of your fears and jump off that cliff." Serge said slowly. "But that's just me talking. Do I have the balls to do that? Who knows? I could just be all talk."

Nicole wrote:'Okay...' moving from drying her hands to drying the glass '-this plague is contagious. Normal folk can catch it - they don't get sick, but they might be able to infect others with implants.' picking up a packet and studying it for a moment. 'We don't know if normal folk can infect other normal folk yet.' giving a nod to herself, flexing out one of her artificial fingers and making a sturdy blade appear. 'If they can, and it can be spread like flu does...' now using her finger-blade to cut open the packet '-we are gonna have a nationwide pandemic within a week, global one by two. Worst case scenario is that 'bout two million in the US are gonna die.' putting the blade back into her finger by pressing it into the cabinet door without even looking at it.

Serge's pen slowed to a stop as he shifted his attention to Nicole's dire words. "Wait this...what! Holy shit!" Serge said slowly understanding the gravity of the situation.

"But wait, there's a fuck ton of healers everywhere. Couldn't they create a potion or something? Well I mean...I guess we couldn't get it to that many people...shit!" he said running his hand through his hair as he tried to think it through. "Why the fuck would vampires even want that? That sounds more like a Nephandi thing. Didn't you say you got some asshole in interrogation? What'd he say about all this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:16 am

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'Sweet Mary.' she muttered, rolling her eyes. 'That's it - new rule; you're not allowed anything sharp, pointy, toxic, flammable or explodable. And from now on you're only allowed circles of paper. Wait... are crayons poisonous?' the tone making it clear she was joking.

Serge's Post:

'But the thing is that once you start down a route, you get defined by it. You get... what's the word...? Typecast.' picking up the glass and pouring some powder from the packet into it. 'Y'know, like actors do. You do one role well, and it becomes "your thing". Forever. Like Rodriguez; she'll be playing Vasquez even when in her eighties.' opening the fridge door and pulling out a bottle of milk. 'And if others like your thing, they encourage it. Then, one day you realise the thing has become you, no backsies.' pouring the milk into the glass and then stirring it, making it go a pink colour.

Serge's Post:

'Some things can't be magicked away, Grasshopper.' Nicole replied sombrely, flexing out her mechanical hand for a moment. 'Why the vampires wanted this is unknown. Lots of unknowns, actually... like why they attacked both us and the Union at the same fucking time. How they knew me, and the... work I've had...' moving over to the couch,picking up her leather coat and rooting in the pockets. '-how many of 'em there are, what their capabilities are and so on.' pulling out a small pistol and looking at it with raised eyebrows, then pulling up her tank-top enough to reveal a holster band to which she slipped the weapon into.

'Yeah, we did get one guy - the one who tried to ice me. Just a grunt, one of their slaves.' finding a packet of cigarettes. 'We got samples of the poison, which is good. But near fuck-all than that.' picking up the glass and starting to drink her milkshake. 'So from a lack of actual intel, we're gonna simply find the nearest Giovanni door, kick it in and snatch 'em. Repeat until either all Giovanni are dust or find out what fucked-up angle they're playing. Then we do the "dust all the Giovanni" anyway.' tone and poise making it clear the Etherite was perfectly willing to do this personally.

[Damn Serge's pens. He missed Nick doing a Rule of Cool by using her claw as a packet-opener.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 am

[airport]

"Being fully informed is rare, some are like the woman you might have seen at the airport, she serves a young Clanless Anarch...ehm...young rebels basically, well not all of them are that young, rebels anyway, anyway the Clanless woman and her ghoul are siblings, I suspect she was told what was in store for her, usually though this is not the case."

"Wait, so you weren't together? What was she doing there?"

"Yes that is correct, those without implants do not get sick, it is the ones with implants who are in danger, but we do not want this thing to spread."

"Obviously. But there should be no harm to those that cannot be tested and so are assumed to have it."

"I think for him though his fear is mostly centered around being restrained, and as a child allot of force have been used against him in meetings with the medical profession and due to what he is he have been sick allot. He have come to associate visiting a doctor and anything to do with medicine with being held down...he still need a delicate touch but he is allot better now. He volunteered to get vaccinated even if his Mentor had told him he did not have to and that was before we got the hyperspray. I worry about his trial though, chances are he will be...bound, restrained and treated rater roughly in the care of the Security Council, I fear we will be back to square one after that, if not worse than before."
He added and sigh.

"I didn't really mean to make a drawn out conversation about him over the phone."

"No there are no danger to anyone without implants, at least not as far as we know. I will request before the Council that everyone be given a choice, to be tested or to be assumed to be carriers and as such they should stay mostly in their rooms and not have contact with anyone with implants. Hopefully we will get enough data from the ones willing to let themselves be tested. Yes your brother might not want to, he is not as scared as Anna but he fear a loss of control and he is affected by Jhor and is rather hard to stick, usually requiring several attempts making it rather unpleasant for him, he might decide to get tested anyway though, he is not that hard to work with as long as everything remains his choice and he knows he can stop at any time."
The Akashic said.

"Well, it sounds like you have a plan B at least."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am

[airport]

"Wait, so you weren't together? What was she doing there?"

"I don't know, to me it seamed like she was going to Huston, so I suspect she was traveling somewhere."
Cathy said.
"No we are not together, my Master despise the Anacrchs."

"Obviously. But there should be no harm to those that cannot be tested and so are assumed to have it."

"No, they should be perfectly fine, they will not get sick...unless the illness changes again."
Richard replied.

"I didn't really mean to make a drawn out conversation about him over the phone."

"You are getting more like the Chief every day Adley."
Richard said sounding amused.
"Well I should get to the meeting anyway."

"Well, it sounds like you have a plan B at least."

"It seams like I do indeed."
Your Cabalmate said.
"Ok then, is there anything else before I head into the meeting then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm

[Driving]
Anja wrote:Cathy grimaced at that.
"Well I guess I will get myself a doctor's appointment then to avoid any unnecessary...spots. I can certainly afford to protect myself."
She commented.
Colin nodded, "More to the point, you can't really afford not to..."

Anja wrote:"Being fully informed is rare, some are like the woman you might have seen at the airport, she serves a young Clanless Anarch...ehm...young rebels basically, well not all of them are that young, rebels anyway, anyway the Clanless woman and her ghoul are siblings, I suspect she was told what was in store for her, usually though this is not the case."
Cathy commented and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"Wait, so you weren't together? What was she doing there?"
Anja wrote:"I don't know, to me it seamed like she was going to Huston, so I suspect she was traveling somewhere."
Cathy said.
"No we are not together, my Master despise the Anacrchs."
He frowned, then shrugged, "Well, no getting to her now, I guess..."

Anja wrote:"Very well then Mr Wainwright, please let me know if there is something I can actually do."
Irena said simply.
He nodded, "Certainly. For now, though, I believe direct intel gathering is the most important thing you can do."

Anja wrote:"That he might indeed, the Chief is a kind man even if he is a warrior at heart."
Richard agreed.
He grinned wryly, "Best not speak too well of him behind his back in his apprentice's presence - word might get back to him."

Anja wrote:"We do not know for sure yet but there have been no rapports of anyone wtth artificial joins, steel plates, pins or piercings getting sick, only those with electronic implants."
The Akashic replied.
He pondered, "Could it be the disease increases the toxicity of specific materials? Or perhaps increases an autoimmune response to said materials? If so, the disease could well be latent in anyone until a triggering material is introduced..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Obviously. But there should be no harm to those that cannot be tested and so are assumed to have it."
Anja wrote:"No, they should be perfectly fine, they will not get sick...unless the illness changes again."
Richard replied.
He frowned, "Let's hope that won't happen... though I suspect it won't simply mutate on its own - this looks far too meticulously designed for that."

Anja wrote:"Yes...what we did to him at the hospital was hard on him I never meant to hurt him that much."
The Akashic said sadly.
"I think for him though his fear is mostly centered around being restrained, and as a child allot of force have been used against him in meetings with the medical profession and due to what he is he have been sick allot. He have come to associate visiting a doctor and anything to do with medicine with being held down...he still need a delicate touch but he is allot better now. He volunteered to get vaccinated even if his Mentor had told him he did not have to and that was before we got the hyperspray. I worry about his trial though, chances are he will be...bound, restrained and treated rater roughly in the care of the Security Council, I fear we will be back to square one after that, if not worse than before."
He added and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"I didn't really mean to make a drawn out conversation about him over the phone."
Anja wrote:"You are getting more like the Chief every day Adley."
He sighed, "I suppose we needed a moment to distract ourselves with the brighter spots in our midst. Hum, speaking of, could you ask the Chief if he looked into anxiety medication? I suggested it, but don't know if he got around to it between the crises."

Anja wrote:"Yes though let us hope the result will not be...to interesting shall we Colin."
Richard said wryly.
He shrugged, "Let's hope it will be informative, first and foremost. I've had more excitement than I'd like today..."

Anja wrote:"I was planning on checking on her after talking with the Deacon Council, I want to check her breathing and heart rate after her ordeal this morning anyway, I will let her know then."
Your Cabalmate agreed.
"I assume I have your parental consent for that."
He smiled, "Anything non-invasive, yes, so long as she's willing. Bee helped her with the mask and everything after the crisis, and Anna seemed fine - but another checkup would be good, all the same."

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, it sounds like you have a plan B at least."
Anja wrote:"It seams like I do indeed."
Your Cabalmate said.
"Ok then, is there anything else before I head into the meeting then?"
He pondered, "Nothing comes to mind - stopping the plague has to be top priority; everything else must come second... Godspeed, and we'll bring back more intel when we arrive."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:43 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'Sweet Mary.' she muttered, rolling her eyes. 'That's it - new rule; you're not allowed anything sharp, pointy, toxic, flammable or explodable. And from now on you're only allowed circles of paper. Wait... are crayons poisonous?' the tone making it clear she was joking.

"I mean....its gonna make it very hard to finish this message using only circles." he said with a chuckle, raising his poster board to show that he had written only the word 'By' on it. Although a more accurate term might've been that he had drawn the word on the poster board, as the lettering used was quite detailed and fancy.

"How am I suppose to draw without my poison-dipped, flaming, grenade pen?" Serge said with a grin before an excited look enveloped his face and he said, "Oh my God I really want that now!"

Nicole wrote:'But the thing is that once you start down a route, you get defined by it. You get... what's the word...? Typecast.' picking up the glass and pouring some powder from the packet into it. 'Y'know, like actors do. You do one role well, and it becomes "your thing". Forever. Like Rodriguez; she'll be playing Vasquez even when in her eighties.' opening the fridge door and pulling out a bottle of milk. 'And if others like your thing, they encourage it. Then, one day you realise the thing has become you, no backsies.' pouring the milk into the glass and then stirring it, making it go a pink colour.

"If you don't like it don't do it." Serge said simply. "Always changing Nicole. If you don't like the thing you've become...or you get bored of it, then change. No one has more control over you than yourself. And there  are plenty of actor who've proven that by breaking out've their typecasted roles."

Nicole wrote:'Some things can't be magicked away, Grasshopper.' Nicole replied sombrely, flexing out her mechanical hand for a moment. 'Why the vampires wanted this is unknown. Lots of unknowns, actually... like why they attacked both us and the Union at the same fucking time. How they knew me, and the... work I've had...' moving over to the couch,picking up her leather coat and rooting in the pockets. '-how many of 'em there are, what their capabilities are and so on.' pulling out a small pistol and looking at it with raised eyebrows, then pulling up her tank-top enough to reveal a holster band to which she slipped the weapon into.

'Yeah, we did get one guy - the one who tried to ice me. Just a grunt, one of their slaves.' finding a packet of cigarettes. 'We got samples of the poison, which is good. But near fuck-all than that.' picking up the glass and starting to drink her milkshake. 'So from a lack of actual intel, we're gonna simply find the nearest Giovanni door, kick it in and snatch 'em. Repeat until either all Giovanni are dust or find out what fucked-up angle they're playing. Then we do the "dust all the Giovanni" anyway.' tone and poise making it clear the Etherite was perfectly willing to do this personally.

"Do you really need to start kidnapping random Giovanni vampires? I mean, you have a guy who's directly been ordered to distribute the poison. Couldn't you just, have a search through his head and see the face of the person who ordered this. As well as the faces of everyone around him who might be involved. And the path he took from wherever he was ordered from to you? " Serge asked, getting more and more nervous as he learned more about the odds stacked against them. "If he's a slave, he must've seen his master at least once. And if they're just vampire, I doubt they're warded against scrying."

(OOC: Adley's the one who gave Serge those pens. So in a way, you can blame Adley for this Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:05 pm

[Driving]

Colin nodded, "More to the point, you can't really afford not to..."

"That is a good point Sir."
The ghoul agreed and nodded.

"Is there a reason why you would need to get to her?"
Cathy asked and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Certainly. For now, though, I believe direct intel gathering is the most important thing you can do."

"I will see what I can do."
Irene agreed.

He grinned wryly, "Best not speak too well of him behind his back in his apprentice's presence - word might get back to him."

"I guess it might as that."
Richard said with a chuckle.
"But I am not to concerned if it did."

He pondered, "Could it be the disease increases the toxicity of specific materials? Or perhaps increases an autoimmune response to said materials? If so, the disease could well be latent in anyone until a triggering material is introduced..."

"No that do not seam to be the case, what the afflicted are experiencing is not a autoimmune response or a reaction to toxin, it is the brain's ability to regulate the body temperature which is adversely affected by the infection, how this happens we don't know yet though."
Richard said with a sigh.

He frowned, "Let's hope that won't happen... though I suspect it won't simply mutate on its own - this looks far too meticulously designed for that."

"Yes agreed this is a designed...spell for a lack of a better term, if it mutate it is by design and not by accident."
Your Cabalmate agreed.

He sighed, "I suppose we needed a moment to distract ourselves with the brighter spots in our midst. Hum, speaking of, could you ask the Chief if he looked into anxiety medication? I suggested it, but don't know if he got around to it between the crises."

"He did and I have conferred with our youngest Cabalmate's Mentor about that but I can not get into itin detail as I do not want to discuss my patient's private matters."
Richard informed you.

He shrugged, "Let's hope it will be informative, first and foremost. I've had more excitement than I'd like today..."

"That I can certainly agee with, let us hope indeed. Good luck with that and be careful."
The Akashic said.

He smiled, "Anything non-invasive, yes, so long as she's willing. Bee helped her with the mask and everything after the crisis, and Anna seemed fine - but another checkup would be good, all the same."

"Nothing invasive, just measuring her blood pressure, and have a listen to her lungs and magick to check on he general health. So Bee is with her then? Good I heard she is using magick again, she can help Anna if something should happen, and I will make sure to ask the kid about everything I do, I will do nothing she do not agree to."
Richard agreed.

He pondered, "Nothing comes to mind - stopping the plague has to be top priority; everything else must come second... Godspeed, and we'll bring back more intel when we arrive."

"Good I will keep you updated as well."
Richard said.
"Be safe both of you, don't get into to much trouble without me."
He said before hanging up. You notice that when the call ended that Freddy had tried to call you three times during the conversation so something had to be urgent or wrong, very wrong.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'I'm just going to shut up now. Before I put the idea into your head which kills you.' shaking her head.

Serge's Post:

'Think you're under-estimating the ability of others to mould you without you even knowing it, me.' downing a good third of the glass in one. 'Hell, we live in a whole world which does that without you even being wise how it's happening...'

Serge's Post:

'Oh, the prisoner is gonna be questioned, that I'm sure of.' Nicole replied darkly, taking another slurp of her drink. 'But we have no fucking time to wait to do precision strikes - I don't have time. And you know what? I don't fucking really care either. They're vampires. And this group has tried to cause a pandemic and threatens to blow their cover to the Mundies. You think if they learned vampires were behind the "Implant Plague" which killed more than Spanish Flu a century back they'll bother to ask about the different types of vampire, or simply "burn them all and let the Lord sort 'em out"?'

[You sure Sullivan Dane wouldn't like Nicole, Great One? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:22 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'Think you're under-estimating the ability of others to mould you without you even knowing it, me.' downing a good third of the glass in one. 'Hell, we live in a whole world which does that without you even being wise how it's happening...'

"Nah, I think I have a pretty good handle on how the world subtly influences people. I studied it after all. But the first step in taking control of yourself is realizing what thoughts are yours and what thoughts aren't." Serge said, returning back to his posterboard and continuing to draw extravagant letters on it.

"You always have a chance to change yourself to the person you want to be. Go against what the world says you should be and decide on your own."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, the prisoner is gonna be questioned, that I'm sure of.' Nicole replied darkly, taking another slurp of her drink. 'But we have no fucking time to wait to do precision strikes - I don't have time. And you know what? I don't fucking really care either. They're vampires. And this group has tried to cause a pandemic and threatens to blow their cover to the Mundies. You think if they learned vampires were behind the "Implant Plague" which killed more than Spanish Flu a century back they'll bother to ask about the different types of vampire, or simply "burn them all and let the Lord sort 'em out"?'

"Just feels like attacking unrelated vampires for intel is a good way to get more enemies. And alert the related vampires that we're onto them." Serge said before signing and saying, "But what your saying make sense. I can't really deny the urgency of the situation. What do the higher ups say about this whole thing? Did they go along with your Giovanni raiding plans?
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 pm

(Ooc Dane would LOVE Nicole, she would find her science often failing around him though. Razz)

(Ooc 2 I am at a psychic fair so I will be slow replying today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:17 pm

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'Pride comes before the fall.' the large woman quipped, draining her glass - the look on her face making it clear it wasn't overly pleasant. 'And I thought I was "too clued up" not to fall into the trap...' abandoning the glass and moving across the room.

Serge's Post:

'It's still daytime.' she replied, looking around the room and then going over to a shelf. 'So chance to get our first hits in while they're napping.' picking up another pistol and checking it. 'Anyway, we - well us at least - are going to do our best to make sure we only hit Giovannis. If the source is right, they ain't that populars anyhow. The Chief and Professor Hadermann agree with this... and get the feeling that... ugh -others are planning the very same elsewhere.' struggling a little as Nicole put on a shoulder-holster. 'Main worry is why them lot attacked us, the Mundies and the Union all the same time... wanna make any guesses?' slotting her pistol into the holster and jiggling it about a bit to find a comfortable position.

[Why? Everything she's done so far is completely coincidental to the point you could think she was simply a 'Badass Normal']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm

[airport]

"I don't know, to me it seamed like she was going to Huston, so I suspect she was traveling somewhere." Cathy said. "No we are not together, my Master despise the Anacrchs."

"Ah. Well, perhaps it was just a coincidence," he said with a frown.

"Is there a reason why you would need to get to her?"

"Let's hope not."

"No, they should be perfectly fine, they will not get sick...unless the illness changes again."
Richard replied.
"Yes agreed this is a designed...spell for a lack of a better term, if it mutate it is by design and not by accident."
Your Cabalmate agreed.

"What do you mean again?"

"You are getting more like the Chief every day Adley."

"I'm taking that as the compliment it surely was intended to be. Good luck."

"Good I will keep you updated as well."
Richard said.

"Until later," he said to Richard, and waited till Colin hung up. "That reminds me I have to tell you about what happened on my way to the airport, too later."

// sure, blame Adley lol. this is what he gets for being nice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:10 pm

[Airport]

"Sometime things are a coincidence Sir. And there are allot og Ghouls out there."
Cathy commented.
"Is there a reason you think you need to talk with us all."

[Driving]

"What I mean is that the illness is made with magick and all it do are very intentional."
Richard replied.

"Ah compliment Indeed my friend and thank you."
Your Cabalmate said.
"Good luck to you two as well. Yes later Adley."

(Ooc I am not saying Dane would attack Nicole but his True Fate would block her magick no matter how it appeared kundane og where called Science.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'It's still daytime.' she replied, looking around the room and then going over to a shelf. 'So chance to get our first hits in while they're napping.' picking up another pistol and checking it. 'Anyway, we - well us at least - are going to do our best to make sure we only hit Giovannis. If the source is right, they ain't that populars anyhow. The Chief and Professor Hadermann agree with this... and get the feeling that... ugh -others are planning the very same elsewhere.' struggling a little as Nicole put on a shoulder-holster. 'Main worry is why them lot attacked us, the Mundies and the Union all the same time... wanna make any guesses?' slotting her pistol into the holster and jiggling it about a bit to find a comfortable position.

Serge leaned back into the couch and stared at the ceiling, a thoughtful look on his face before saying, "It doesn't make much sense at all. If we look at it from the vampire side. Their basically killing their own crops. And a disease like this, one that you can't just magickally heal and that only actively harms people with cybernetics without actually doing anything with the cybernetics, makes me think a mage created this disease. So I guess....maybe the Nephandi put them up to this? I liked your idea of the vampires not knowing who they were attacking in the first place. Plus this whole thing has the fallen's scent all over it. Hire someone else to attack a whole bunch of people and watch as we tear each other apart trying to figure out who did it."

Another resigned sigh before saying, "Plus isn't that a classic way these stories go. A major crises with an obvious villain, only for the sudden realization that another group was behind it all this whole time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:59 pm

[Chantry]

'First, it turns the implants off. Which can kill in itself, if it's like a pacemaker.' she replied, giving a nod, apparently finished sorting out the holster. 'But the "this looks like the Fallen" looks way too close to the "this looks like the Traditions" which the Union were running on.' pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. 'We can't assume anything regarding goals and shit 'cos we know fuck all about these Giovanni. After all, two million dead state-side is like...' a frown here as she worked it out '-less than one percent of the population of the US. If I was like a army general or shit I might consider that an "acceptable loss rate" if the result was sweet enough.'

'But it's possible they're just the hirelings for another. Which is why we need to wail on 'em. 'Cos if I know anything, it's that the hired help always coughs in the end.' moving back towards the kitchen.

[But isn't Dane's True Fate to be killed by angry vampires? *smirk*]

[Assume Serge is dodging Nick's 'pride before the fall' comment then...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:50 pm

[Driving]
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah. Well, perhaps it was just a coincidence," he said with a frown.
Anja wrote:"Is there a reason why you would need to get to her?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Let's hope not."
Anja wrote:"Sometime things are a coincidence Sir. And there are allot og Ghouls out there."
Cathy commented.
"Is there a reason you think you need to talk with us all."
Colin shrugged, "It's probably nothing... or at least, not directly connected with the immediate problem. My guess would be that the ghoul's evacuation as a precaution, if they've caught wind of the Sabbat preparing to move in on Boston... We obviously don't want that to happen, either."

Anja wrote:"No that do not seam to be the case, what the afflicted are experiencing is not a autoimmune response or a reaction to toxin, it is the brain's ability to regulate the body temperature which is adversely affected by the infection, how this happens we don't know yet though."
Richard said with a sigh.
He frowned, "This is one of the many times where I wish I knew more medicine than the overly simplified explanations of fantasy or science-fiction..."

Anja wrote:"Yes agreed this is a designed...spell for a lack of a better term, if it mutate it is by design and not by accident."
Your Cabalmate agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"What do you mean again?"
Anja wrote:"What I mean is that the illness is made with magick and all it do are very intentional."
Richard replied.
He frowned, "The disease has changed once - it was initially needing a direct injection to spread, but it's since become directly contagious, almost as though..."
His eyes widened a little, "Almost as though it's unpacking functions like an installation program. This shit is technomantic in nature, perhaps it's designed like software instead of hardware, to use a technical term... Perhaps the Adepts could figure out how this plague works?"

Anja wrote:"He did and I have conferred with our youngest Cabalmate's Mentor about that but I can not get into itin detail as I do not want to discuss my patient's private matters."
Richard informed you.
He nodded, "I don't need details, just the assurance that the Chief didn't forget in the earlier chaos. I didn't expect him to, of course, but crises and emergencies tend to take priority over even the comfort of loved ones..."

Anja wrote:"Good I will keep you updated as well."
Richard said.
He said before hanging up. You notice that when the call ended that Freddy had tried to call you three times during the conversation so something had to be urgent or wrong, very wrong.
S7trif3 wrote:"Until later," he said to Richard, and waited till Colin hung up. "That reminds me I have to tell you about what happened on my way to the airport, too later."
He nodded, "Why do I have the feeling this was a bit of unpleasantness?"
He frowned, "What the... Freddy's tried to call me three times? Shit, sorry, your interruption on the way to the airport will have to wait."
He quickly called Freddy and put her straight on speaker.

((OOC: Pride cometh before the fall... So, I guess that's why Leo ends in August...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 pm

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'First, it turns the implants off. Which can kill in itself, if it's like a pacemaker.' she replied, giving a nod, apparently finished sorting out the holster. 'But the "this looks like the Fallen" looks way too close to the "this looks like the Traditions" which the Union were running on.' pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. 'We can't assume anything regarding goals and shit 'cos we know fuck all about these Giovanni. After all, two million dead state-side is like...' a frown here as she worked it out '-less than one percent of the population of the US. If I was like a army general or shit I might consider that an "acceptable loss rate" if the result was sweet enough.'

'But it's possible they're just the hirelings for another. Which is why we need to wail on 'em. 'Cos if I know anything, it's that the hired help always coughs in the end.' moving back towards the kitchen.

"Remember that just wailing on them might get them to cough up false information just to get the beatings to stop." Serge warned, "In a crises like this I'm pretty sure the higher ups will let you use more....'accurate' methods of getting intel."

"The implant thing is news to me though. So I guess whoever's behind this might just want to disable people with scary cybernetics and doesn't care about collateral along the way." he mused, twirling one of his pens in between his fingers as he continued to think about the situation at hand. "Do you have any idea where the Giovanni are anyways? The way you talk about it, makes it sounds like you have a list of houses ready to raid."

(OOC: Sorry, I couldn't think of anything to add and it seemed like a nice place to end that discussion.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am

[Chantry]

'If they were going after the "scary cybernetics" this means chances are they'd know of both us and the Union. Which leads to the shit conclusion they think they're big enough to take on both of us at once.' Nicole replied, getting a first-aid box of some form off the counter. 'And no, got no idea - but have a lead. Sorta. Anyways, I'm on the "collection" part of the group, not the "analysis" part.' pulling out some antiseptic wipes out of the kit and now wiping down her leather gloves.

[Suit yourself.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:05 am

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'If they were going after the "scary cybernetics" this means chances are they'd know of both us and the Union. Which leads to the shit conclusion they think they're big enough to take on both of us at once.' Nicole replied, getting a first-aid box of some form off the counter. 'And no, got no idea - but have a lead. Sorta. Anyways, I'm on the "collection" part of the group, not the "analysis" part.' pulling out some antiseptic wipes out of the kit and now wiping down her leather gloves.

"Or they think their sneaky enough to avoid suspicion. They don't need to fight us if we're too busy fighting whoever they hired." Serge commented, curiously looking at what Nicole was doing, his eyes finally off of his page and noticing the preparation that the Etherite was performing around him.

"What's the lead?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 am

[Chantry]

'It's possible. But that theory says that this hidden group's big plan will destroy us and the Union completely. Them lot still want revenge on the Society for defecting a century back - you think they'll let the creators of a plague which killed loads of their own and set back Mundie acceptance of implants twenty years simply walk?' finishing wiping down the gloves and pulling them on.

'Lead's not much. Personal shit and phone from my wannabe killer. That reminds me; need to get a gift for whatshisname for that mojo he did.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:06 am

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'It's possible. But that theory says that this hidden group's big plan will destroy us and the Union completely. Them lot still want revenge on the Society for defecting a century back - you think they'll let the creators of a plague which killed loads of their own and set back Mundie acceptance of implants twenty years simply walk?' finishing wiping down the gloves and pulling them on.

"That's if they believe there's a hidden group to begin with. The Union could just chalk this all up as a vampire plot and settle with just burning them all." Serge mused. "And this hidden group doesn't need to destroy us completely. Just enough so that we're not a threat. Or perform whatever their real goal is while we're distracted by this whole pandemic."

Nicole wrote:'Lead's not much. Personal shit and phone from my wannabe killer. That reminds me; need to get a gift for whatshisname for that mojo he did.'

"Phone's a pretty solid lead. Bet some of our adepts could pull up past phone convos and figure out where they came from." he replied, going back to his drawing, although with noticeably less enthusiasm. "If you need some help with a gift I'm gonna need some more info. Unless there's someone named 'whatshisname' in the chantry and if there is I wanna meet him immediately." Serge added with a small grin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 am

[Chantry]

'Yeah... not buying that one. Mainly 'cos that relies on "the Union are thicker than I am" which is dangerous.' she replied, digging out an a battered rucksack and checking the contents. 'And if all this is a cover for something, it makes no sense. If I'd have been wanting a nice distraction, I'd have gone around infecting only the Union and Mundies, then leave a breadcrumb or two going right to a Chantry door or two.' fishing out an ammo clip from her footlocker.

'I'll remember his name soon enough. Mind's kinda stuck on the "you might be dead in a week" thing.' moving over and grabbing her coat.

'Hmm... did I cover everything 'bout that?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:14 am

[Driving]

Colin shrugged, "It's probably nothing... or at least, not directly connected with the immediate problem. My guess would be that the ghoul's evacuation as a precaution, if they've caught wind of the Sabbat preparing to move in on Boston... We obviously don't want that to happen, either."

"That is always a danger in Boston, the wolves are at our doors as it where."
Cathy said.
"I know my Master what to take over but sometimes I think if it had not been for the Prince and his so called knights we would have been overrun a long time ago."
She said and shook her head.
"It might be that my fellow ghoul where sent away to keep her safe or she could just be visiting family or something."

He frowned, "This is one of the many times where I wish I knew more medicine than the overly simplified explanations of fantasy or science-fiction..."

"Perhaps but then again your knowledge have saved us many times Colin perhaps it is time I do my part now."
Your Cabalmate said.

He frowned, "The disease has changed once - it was initially needing a direct injection to spread, but it's since become directly contagious, almost as though..."
His eyes widened a little, "Almost as though it's unpacking functions like an installation program. This shit is technomantic in nature, perhaps it's designed like software instead of hardware, to use a technical term... Perhaps the Adepts could figure out how this plague works?"

"That is a possibility yes...a disturbing one at that."
Richard said.
"Let me talk with Master Nassa or Master Telar...Telar perhaps as she also have some medical knowledge as far as I know and get back to you on that one."
He added and seamed lost in thought.

He nodded, "I don't need details, just the assurance that the Chief didn't forget in the earlier chaos. I didn't expect him to, of course, but crises and emergencies tend to take priority over even the comfort of loved ones..."

"It have not been forgotten."
The Akashic said, he clearly did not want to discuss his patients treatment to much and left it at that.

He frowned, "What the... Freddy's tried to call me three times? Shit, sorry, your interruption on the way to the airport will have to wait."
He quickly called Freddy and put her straight on speaker.

"Colin...I...I am sorry for calling so many times...I was freaking out."
Freddy said and she sounded like she was still very much freaking out.
"Ehm...Dr Hadermann called me and...and...he have been examining the disease and he found...found in the disease that it was made from...as the base then you know more...was made I guess and...things added and..."
The Virtual Adept took a deep breath to steady herself.
"The illness are made from me, from the bits of my brain the boody Union doctors cut out when they tried to instal experimental cybernetics when I was captured. It is made of my brain...bits..."
This was followed by a series of swears in German...German was a good language to swear in.
"I am sorry for calling...I know you are busy but...yeah...shit..."

(OOC: My phone spell checker are funny at times, but it was posts from the phone or no posts yesterday. I do believe Sullivan's fate is to be a geriatric hunter at 95 and stick kicking vamprie ass.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:31 am

[Chantry]

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... not buying that one. Mainly 'cos that relies on "the Union are thicker than I am" which is dangerous.' she replied, digging out an a battered rucksack and checking the contents. 'And if all this is a cover for something, it makes no sense. If I'd have been wanting a nice distraction, I'd have gone around infecting only the Union and Mundies, then leave a breadcrumb or two going right to a Chantry door or two.' fishing out an ammo clip from her footlocker.

"Well you got me there." Serge admitted, "Ummmm....maybe they just need a lot of people to die really fast? Fuel some sort of grand spell? One that involves ghosts or death energies?"

Nicole wrote:'I'll remember his name soon enough. Mind's kinda stuck on the "you might be dead in a week" thing.' moving over and grabbing her coat.

'Hmm... did I cover everything 'bout that?'

Serge quickly shifted his attention from his project back onto Nicole, a worried look on his face. "Dead in a week? From what? The disease? I thought you said the slave didn't infect you? And you know about the disease so it's not like you'll contract it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 am

[Chantry]

Serge's Post:

'Fuck knows what the plan is. Which is the problem.' she replied, checking her pockets. 'At least when you know the goal, you can make a fair stab at working out tactics...'

Serge's Post:

'What part of "people becoming carriers" and "pandemic" did you not understand?' she replied, giving Serge a look somewhere between disbelief and vague annoyance. 'If a carrier can infect another carrier, and that infection is easy enough to do, half the people in Boston might have it within a few days. I can't avoid everyone. Don't you remember the Swine Flu panic... five years back?'

[I know, Great One. Wasn't poking fun of you, just using it as an opportunity to make a joke.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next