Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Warpmind Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

[Narim's Apartment - Reprise]
Anja wrote:"I guess that is possible if we knew the source of it."
Cita said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Ah, but we do. I shouldn't go into more detail here, though."

Anja wrote:Narim nodded at that.
"It is a sound idea and it is worth seeing if it could lead anywhere, but we have to try to make sure Kyle's little friend are not harmed by all of this as well as she to wold then be guilty by the laws of her own society."
S7trif3 wrote:"Of course you would not," he agreed to the latter with a nod.
Anja wrote:Narim looked at you for a moment and nodded.
"If anything happened to Miss Danielle your brother would be devastated, I am sure we can get her here safely though."
He smiled, "If she comes to our aid, I'm sure we can conceal her presence. My apartment would perhaps be the safest location as a temporary measure, as such, but I'm sure I could provide her a more portable... disguise, if you will, for her safety, once I meet her."

Nicole wrote:'The only way you'd know is with hindsight. And as you're not claiming any cheating on that front...'
He shook his head, "Ask Hadermann, I got the information from him, in the present, not the future. The only thing I know from the future is that he was successful, but the specifics of it all, I learned today."

Anja wrote:"I have not had a chance to do that yet now but I have suggested asking Mrs Von Hess's help with the key."
Narim said apologetically.
He nodded, "Good idea. There's time while pulling the other, more urgent strings, in any case. Getting Jace and stopping the plague are more urgent than rescuing a torture victim... much as that admission galls me."

Nicole wrote:'Been doing more than just that. I got a load more samples for Hadermann to play with, for starters. Yet... you not considered that one of the reasons we ended up in the "Bad Future" you did a cheat-glimpse on was the fact you're running a crew which is too big to have you active in the field too?'
Anja wrote:The Virtual Adept raised an eyebrow at this but he did not reply, he picked up his teacup again and sipped the liquid letting Colin deal with issues in his own Cabal by himself.
His voice took on a steely undertone as his face lost all emotion, "Miss Bouchard... good work with the samples, but your assumptions are so far off base it's not even wrong. The reason why the future had turned out as bad as it did was not related to the plague, but to the return of Wallace Jace, which we had no reason to even suspect before I had a brief look at the future on the way here. This room, and Master Sharaya, are presently the best protected in the entire bloody Chantry, thanks to Adley, and I have every reason to believe he only managed to press himself as far as he did because of the direct threat to Master Sharaya presented by Wallace Jace. Now, I will not deny that we could improve our internal communications - and I do have plans for facilitating that - but the middle of a crisis is not the time and place to start bitching at the leadership without a clear battle plan to improve on the current. Part of the reason you are not privy to all the details concerning the plague itself, or the vampire seer, is that neither is pertinent to your mission for retrieving a Milliner."
He nodded toward the stair, "Move out, soldier; I've delegated a mission command to you, and daylight is burning. We will talk again. After the dust settles."

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Sounds good just tell me when."
Kyle said and smiled.
He grinned, "Why don't you talk to Master Sharaya about it yourself? Just tell him I think it's a great idea."

Anja wrote:"Ok I will tell him that Mr Wainwright."
Kyle agreed.
"I hope he says yes though I really miss Danielle."
He added and he blushed again.
He smiled, "Remind me to get you some gourmet cat food next time I go shopping; I've yet to meet your charming lady, but she sounds lovely, and the cat sounds sweet, too."

((OOC: Saved Colin's character sheet, at least, just in case... though in honesty, I want to think it won't be necessary. Razz ))

((OOC2: Yeah, Nicole DOES have a point about delegating work, but keep in mind, the Cabal rarely goes out on missions individually; right now, Colin is evaluating Nicole for essentially "officer" rank as a team leader, if someone needs to lead a second mission away from home, and to date, it's not necessarily been missions consisting exclusively of Cabal members. Some times, other, senior Magi have taken the lead, other times, Colin's taken the lead of senior Magi. Even in Mage society, a moving Sergeant outranks a Captain who's still getting his bearings. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Colin's Post:

A short silence. 'You could have just said like "trust me".' she replied softly, leaving the room.

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'It's not moody. Just has... personality.' Nicole quipped, picking up her rucksack. 'Now, for them crates.'

[The cabal is two larger than last time. Nicole's complaint is mainly around the fact Colin's leadership style in effect 'does not scale'. Nor does she have high enough 'trust rating' in Colin. Yet.]

[Already keep my own records... had too many games die on me to not do otherwise]

[Weird... I didn't get an email about the forum... I should have!]

[Highly advise you edit your email off the page, Great One; this is a public page and soon enough a scraper will come past, note down it and start sending you tons of spam. Or put the IC threads behind a login wall?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Colin nodded, "Ah, but we do. I shouldn't go into more detail here, though."

Cita just nodded to that.

He smiled, "If she comes to our aid, I'm sure we can conceal her presence. My apartment would perhaps be the safest location as a temporary measure, as such, but I'm sure I could provide her a more portable... disguise, if you will, for her safety, once I meet her."

"I am sure we will come up with something Mr Wainwright, but let us first see if it is okey with Jeffry and then talk with her before speculating what will be needed right now."
Narim said.

He nodded, "Good idea. There's time while pulling the other, more urgent strings, in any case. Getting Jace and stopping the plague are more urgent than rescuing a torture victim... much as that admission galls me."

"Agreed, if you would not mind asking her help then Mr Wainwright as I can not leave the protective barriers put on this room by Adley until this situation have been resolved."
Narim said.
"It would be more practical if someone else got the key to Mrs Von Hess."

[Kyle's Apartment]

He grinned, "Why don't you talk to Master Sharaya about it yourself? Just tell him I think it's a great idea."

"Yeah sure I can head over to his room later and ask if he have time to talk with me."
Kyle said and nodded.
"When I am not entertaining guests it would be rude just to leave Andrew here alone after all."

He smiled, "Remind me to get you some gourmet cat food next time I go shopping; I've yet to meet your charming lady, but she sounds lovely, and the cat sounds sweet, too."

"Thank you Sir, I am not sure I can pay for it at the moment though. Danielle is really nice and her cat is really cute."
The young Hermetic said and he smiled.
"And she loves that cat, she came back to life to protect him after all."

[Garage]

It's not moody. Just has... personality.' Nicole quipped, picking up her rucksack. 'Now, for them crates.'

"That is something Lars would say, the man loves his machines."
Bruce said and grinned.
"I loaded the crates back there two that will fit a human being and one cat cage sized with the cat carrier inside of the smaller crate. One of the crate I check to make sure it is light safe and then socered with some old wallpaper on the inside to make doubly sure, we saw from the scuffle at the junkyard that these beings are light sensitive as fuck."

(The Cabal members trust Colin and come to him with their prolems as he is considered to be both kind and caring but also able to say it as it is. What Nicole think is one thing she she will see things from her own perspective but I can not really see that Colin have made allot of mistakes as a Cabal leader even when in combat situations, and combat situations is not the norm, a Cabal is mainly a social group. Also as Warp pointed out often a combat unit is not just members of one Cabal, the Traditions are not a military and are not run as it either.)

(OOC: I plan to when I get the contact information I need.)

(OOC: I hope so to Warp hopefully the game will remain on this forum but it is good to be sure we can continue if something, knock on wood go wrong.)

(OOC: I asked them what was up and they wrote me back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 20, 2019 6:41 pm

[Garage]

Anja wrote:The Hermetic watched you for a moment then she nodded satisfied.
"As you wish Mr Yager."
She said as she steeled down into her seat.

Serge sat comfortably in the back of the car as he waited for the driver to be designated. He observed what the others were doing as he waited for the car to start moving.

(OOC: Sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm

[Garage]

The others setteled down as Bruce and Nicole was discussing who should drive, Antonio was writing away, and Helena closed her eyes and she had started doing hand gestures no doubt preparing the spells that would be needed. Jon was tapping at his phone.

(OOC: I got it thanks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm

[Garage]

Anja wrote:The others setteled down as Bruce and Nicole was discussing who should drive, Antonio was writing away, and Helena closed her eyes and she had started doing hand gestures no doubt preparing the spells that would be needed. Jon was tapping at his phone.

"Pffft...everyone's got things to prepare. I want things to prepare." Serge grumbled to himself. On his clipboard he began to draw random images, the scenery outside of the building, as well as the busy people coming and going from the lobby. When he got to the people he was reminded of something and said, "Oh yeah! Jon. Do you think you can send that locator app to everyone? I wanna see how busy the building is now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 20, 2019 7:41 pm

[Garage]

"I do believe I already sent it to you Mr Yager but I will send it to the others."
Jon said and he tapped at his phone. You do remember you had asked for the app and had used it to see where in the chantry pepole was located just now, and you had seen most where in their rooms, or moving around the hallways.

(OOC: Jon sent it right after Serge asked if it could detect ghosts and he used it, if I do not remember it completely wrong here.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 20, 2019 7:44 pm

[Narim's room]

"I will contact Master Nassa and ask for his aid in creating some of the medicine, I know you are private in this matter that way he never need to know it is for you."
Cita offered.

"Thank you. He is probably busy at the moment with his apprentice.

"It is a high price to pay but if I find a Psycopomp willing to join with me it is a price I am willing to pay...for the knowledge and to be able to..."
Cita begun then she stopped herself.

He tilted his head and waited a moment to see if she was going to finish what she said or not.

"Well anyway yes forcing the union against the Psycopomp's will is wrong, we have no right to do that."

Yet that is the rumor of what this grimoire is supposed to contain?

"I will speak with Narim about it but he might need some convincing if he fears I will get Paradox from it you know how he is."
The spirit healer said and sigh.

'It is true both of you are invaluable, but I trust you would not offer this if you were carrying an insurmountable burden of paradox yourself.'

"Rune Feather? No not as far as I know, it takes on the form of a giant spider who steal the Avatar of the offending mage and bring it to her nest in the Umbra where she cocoon it. She never harms the Avatars though and using arcane connections between host and missing soul it is usually not to hard to find the nest and free the Avatar, no one have lost their Avatar permanently from Rune Feather yet though off course it is a terrifying and traumatic experience for the victim."

"That sounds absolutely horrifying." He looked thoughtful as he wrote, 'What if she too were being manipulated? It could turn her lair into something else entirely.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Anja wrote:"I am sure we will come up with something Mr Wainwright, but let us first see if it is okey with Jeffry and then talk with her before speculating what will be needed right now."
Narim said.
Colin nodded, "Quite so."

Nicole wrote:A short silence. 'You could have just said like "trust me".' she replied softly, leaving the room.
His expression softened slightly, "You've not given the impression that that statement would be accepted."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, if you would not mind asking her help then Mr Wainwright as I can not leave the protective barriers put on this room by Adley until this situation have been resolved."
Narim said.
"It would be more practical if someone else got the key to Mrs Von Hess."
He nodded, "Pass it here, then."

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure I can head over to his room later and ask if he have time to talk with me."
Kyle said and nodded.
"When I am not entertaining guests it would be rude just to leave Andrew here alone after all."
He nodded, "Indeed, this is not a day to scamper around on frivolous errands. Talk to him when we get back from Horizon; give you something to look forward to."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir, I am not sure I can pay for it at the moment though. Danielle is really nice and her cat is really cute."
The young Hermetic said and he smiled.
"And she loves that cat, she came back to life to protect him after all."
He grinned, "Don't worry about that. If you insist, you can pay me back with a bit of help with 25 years of notebooks - with your Mentor's permission."

He sighed and shook his head, "Alright, I've let you know what's going on... I'd recommend you not be caught alone, though, so might want to bring Andrew along when you're seeing the Chief, just for the walk. I've got a hundred other things to get around to, including seeing a Verbena about some blood..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Colin's Post:

'It would have been quicker than the mini-lecture and with the same meaning.' the Etherite retorted, turning back to look at Colin before exiting.

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'We're both auto mechanics. What are you expecting to hear?' Nicole replied, opening the rear of the truck and putting her rucksack in. 'Anything else... oh, the dolly. I'll just get it from the workshop and then we can go.'

[Well, Nick's mentality means she may make a damn fine Security Chief one day...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm

[Garage]

Anja wrote:"I do believe I already sent it to you Mr Yager but I will send it to the others."
Jon said and he tapped at his phone. You do remember you had asked for the app and had used it to see where in the chantry pepole was located just now, and you had seen most where in their rooms, or moving around the hallways.

"Huh...your right. Thanks anyways. " Serge said opening the app and exploring around trying to see if he could change the location of the app. "Does it only show people in your current location? Or can you change it to show the people in other locations?"

(OOC: Darn your right . Sorry about that....I blame Jon's arcane.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 pm

[Talking with Cita]

"Thank you. He is probably busy at the moment with his apprentice.

"Ah I would not wish to intrude I will contact him later then, we anyway are going to need some of that medicine for your brother as it is likely he will be Branded...even if his trial go well."
Cita said and she nodded.

He tilted his head and waited a moment to see if she was going to finish what she said or not.

"My...favorite apprentice...John he...I lost him in a Core War gone wrong, his Avatar just...fell to pieces as I tried to save it...it shattered and...some time later he begged me to kill him and I...did."
Cita muttered and she looked away.
"If I had the power a Psycopomp brings I could...put his Avatar back together."
She added softly and she wiped at her eyes with her thin hand.
"Ehm...excuse me."

Yet that is the rumor of what this grimoire is supposed to contain?

"Yes that and other things."
The Virtual Adept confirmed.

It is true both of you are invaluable, but I trust you would not offer this if you were carrying an insurmountable burden of paradox yourself.'

"The working is vulgar but not that vulgar, unless I completely mess the working up it should nto be to bad, and I have ways to cleanse myself up on Horizon where such things are easier done."
Cita confirmed.

That sounds absolutely horrifying." He looked thoughtful as he wrote, 'What if she too were being manipulated? It could turn her lair into something else entirely.'

"I have never encountered this Paradox spirit myself, so I can not really say but I guess it is possible, I have examined it's victims, and their souls have not been harmed, but yes it is terrifying it is not a spirit you would want to encounter."
The spirit healer said and frowned.

Colin nodded, "Quite so."

Narim nodded at that.

He nodded, "Pass it here, then."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept said and he handed you the key.

[Kyle's Apartment]

He nodded, "Indeed, this is not a day to scamper around on frivolous errands. Talk to him when we get back from Horizon; give you something to look forward to."

"Yeah and besides since I am not tested for the illness yet I have been asked not to leave my room unless there is great need so there is that in addition to being polite."
Kyle said then he looked down nervously when you mentioned Horizon.
"I guess so Sir...if all go well that is...if it do not I guess I will nto look forward to anything really."

He grinned, "Don't worry about that. If you insist, you can pay me back with a bit of help with 25 years of notebooks - with your Mentor's permission."

"Yeah sure I can do that, thank you Mr Wainwright but yeah I have to ask my Mentor first but I doubt if he will mind as long as it do not cut into my study time."
Kyle said and smiled.

He sighed and shook his head, "Alright, I've let you know what's going on... I'd recommend you not be caught alone, though, so might want to bring Andrew along when you're seeing the Chief, just for the walk. I've got a hundred other things to get around to, including seeing a Verbena about some blood..."

"I will probably call my Mentor like I said Dr Lee asked me not to leave my apartment until I have gotten myself tested. I guess Andrew have to be checked out again, but yeah I will not be wandering around Sir."
Kyle promised.
"Ok I will not keep you as for Verbena well blood is their thing, they really love blood."

[Garage]

We're both auto mechanics. What are you expecting to hear?' Nicole replied, opening the rear of the truck and putting her rucksack in. 'Anything else... oh, the dolly. I'll just get it from the workshop and then we can go.'

"I guess I should have expected that you and Lars had similar views yeah."
Bruce said then he nodded.
"Do you need any help with that?"
He asked as you headed for the workshop.

"Huh...your right. Thanks anyways. " Serge said opening the app and exploring around trying to see if he could change the location of the app. "Does it only show people in your current location? Or can you change it to show the people in other locations?"

"It only show your vicinity, I could update the app to make you able to see other locations but it would affect it duration."
Jon replied.

(OOC: Yes one day she probably will.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'No need.' Nicole replied lazily, going into the workshop. A moment later, she re-appeared with the dolly, to put in the back of the truck. Once done, she'll climb into the driver's seat.

'Ready to head out?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 pm

[Garage]

Anja wrote:"It only show your vicinity, I could update the app to make you able to see other locations but it would affect it duration."
Jon replied.

"I see. Guess that's not overly necessary now." Serge said, content with just watching the little dots on his screen move around as he waited for everyone to get ready.

Nicole wrote:'Ready to head out?'

"I'm good to go." Serge confirmed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm

[Garage]

No need.' Nicole replied lazily, going into the workshop. A moment later, she re-appeared with the dolly, to put in the back of the truck. Once done, she'll climb into the driver's seat.

'Ready to head out?'

"Yeah let's head out."
Bruce said and the others nodded.
"We should go while we have plenty of daylight."
Jon agreed.

"I see. Guess that's not overly necessary now." Serge said, content with just watching the little dots on his screen move around as he waited for everyone to get ready.

Jon looked at you and nodded but he said nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Nicole wrote:'It would have been quicker than the mini-lecture and with the same meaning.' the Etherite retorted, turning back to look at Colin before exiting.
There was a gentle, perhaps fatherly tone to his voice as Colin replied, "But would it have had the same impact? People who just say 'trust me' a lot tend to be... undeserving of that trust, in my experience."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept said and he handed you the key.
He nodded and slipped it into his breast pocket.

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yeah and besides since I am not tested for the illness yet I have been asked not to leave my room unless there is great need so there is that in addition to being polite."
Kyle said then he looked down nervously when you mentioned Horizon.
"I guess so Sir...if all go well that is...if it do not I guess I will nto look forward to anything really."
He smiled, hesitated for a moment, then laid a hand on Kyle's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze, "I have faith you'll come out alright. That's not to say the trial will be easy on you, or comfortable in any way, but I believe you will emerge triumphant and intact."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure I can do that, thank you Mr Wainwright but yeah I have to ask my Mentor first but I doubt if he will mind as long as it do not cut into my study time."
Kyle said and smiled.
He grinned, "I'm sure I can argue that the work can be counted towards some of your training - deciphering handwriting, analyzing magical symbols and designs, et cetera. We'll figure something out in that regard."

Anja wrote:"I will probably call my Mentor like I said Dr Lee asked me not to leave my apartment until I have gotten myself tested. I guess Andrew have to be checked out again, but yeah I will not be wandering around Sir."
Kyle promised.
"Ok I will not keep you as for Verbena well blood is their thing, they really love blood."
He smiled thinly, "Between you and me, I rather doubt you would have been exposed - but better safe than sorry. As for the Verbena, I don't think they love blood, not like that. I'm a silversmith, but I don't love silver, as such, I'm just highly proficient at working with it as a material. The Verbena, I think, are largely the same; they've found a material for which they've got a particular affinity, and so a lot of their work relies on that material. Like Virtual Adepts and electronics, or Cultists and pharmacology."

He rose and stepped over to the door, "Alright, Kyle, stay safe, and don't let your, heh, girlfriend get herself exposed, either. There's danger afoot, and we don't want her to get caught by the very same ghosts we'll be asking for help against Jace."
He gave Kyle a quick nod, then headed out again, quickly planning out his route past Henrietta's and the von Hesses apartments down to the garage again.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 21, 2019 12:19 am

Colin's Post:

Another silence before replying. 'Think you've got enough previous to make that mean something.'

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'We're in a race with the Mirrorshades as well as Mr Sun.' Nicole quipped, adjusting the driver's seat and turning the engine over...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 21, 2019 12:32 am

Nicole wrote:Another silence before replying. 'Think you've got enough previous to make that mean something.'
He watched her expression for a moment, then nodded, "Next time it is called for, then. That's not to say it will be the next mission, or the next after that again, but I will keep it in mind. Stay safe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 21, 2019 1:27 am

[Garage]

Anja wrote:"Yeah let's head out."
Bruce said and the others nodded.
"We should go while we have plenty of daylight."
Jon agreed.
Nicole wrote:'We're in a race with the Mirrorshades as well as Mr Sun.' Nicole quipped, adjusting the driver's seat and turning the engine over...

"A race against time and varying other foes. How classic." Serge said with a slight grin as he sat watched the locator app carefully, curious to see how it changed as the car moved.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am

[Narim's room]

"I am sure we will come up with something Mr Wainwright, but let us first see if it is okey with Jeffry and then talk with her before speculating what will be needed right now."
Narim said.

"Having a horde of angry ghosts is not really something we need to deal with on top of everything else. We already have one angry ghost as it is. The Code also complicates matters. However I am sure that you will find something of a middle ground," he said, the last to Colin." Ah, amicus, could you do me a favor. It strikes me now you'll be talking with my brother, let him know I was unexpectedly delayed for our talk but haven't forgotten him, just that something absolutely critical came up."

"Ah I would not wish to intrude I will contact him later then, we anyway are going to need some of that medicine for your brother as it is likely he will be Branded...even if his trial go well."
Cita said and she nodded.

He frowned. "Is there some way to prevent certain people from "volunteering" for the deed? I...worry that some might be too enthusiastic for such a task."

"My...favorite apprentice...John he...I lost him in a Core War gone wrong, his Avatar just...fell to pieces as I tried to save it...it shattered and...some time later he begged me to kill him and I...did."
Cita muttered and she looked away.
"If I had the power a Psycopomp brings I could...put his Avatar back together."
She added softly and she wiped at her eyes with her thin hand.
"Ehm...excuse me."

"Ah, I am truly sorry to hear that...I can understand your wish...also why you are against such battles. I do believe you told me some of that before but not all. There is nothing to be excused for..."

"Yes that and other things." The Virtual Adept confirmed.

"Other things?"

"I have never encountered this Paradox spirit myself, so I can not really say but I guess it is possible, I have examined it's victims, and their souls have not been harmed, but yes it is terrifying it is not a spirit you would want to encounter."

"At this point I'm speculating, I suppose." He sighed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am

[Kyle's Apartment]

He smiled, hesitated for a moment, then laid a hand on Kyle's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze, "I have faith you'll come out alright. That's not to say the trial will be easy on you, or comfortable in any way, but I believe you will emerge triumphant and intact."

"I hope you are right. Yeah Master Tolle told me I might be badly treated that I have to be prepared for that, and that I will probably be restrained I...do not know how to deal with that...but I hope you are right that the worst will not happen that my Avatar will not be harmed."
The young Hermetic said and he shivered.

He grinned, "I'm sure I can argue that the work can be counted towards some of your training - deciphering handwriting, analyzing magical symbols and designs, et cetera. We'll figure something out in that regard."

"That is cool. But I do not mind doing some work on my spare time either. If...if the trial go well I will ask my Mentor if I might look for a part time job, just a few hours a week perhaps. I mean it is not that long until I turn 16 I would like to be able to earn a little bit of extra money on my own and get some experience."
Kyle replied.

He smiled thinly, "Between you and me, I rather doubt you would have been exposed - but better safe than sorry.

"I can not see how I would have been exposed but I am the Security Chief's apprentice I can not put anyone else at risk even if the risk is tiny, one day I will be expected to help Master Morgan protect the Chantry like my brother do."
The teenager said proudly.

As for the Verbena, I don't think they love blood, not like that. I'm a silversmith, but I don't love silver, as such, I'm just highly proficient at working with it as a material. The Verbena, I think, are largely the same; they've found a material for which they've got a particular affinity, and so a lot of their work relies on that material. Like Virtual Adepts and electronics, or Cultists and pharmacology."

"You are probably right, then again the Virtual Adepts really do love their computers...like allot."
Kyla said with a grin.
"Yeah you make allot of pretty stuff Mr Wainwright."

He rose and stepped over to the door, "Alright, Kyle, stay safe, and don't let your, heh, girlfriend get herself exposed, either. There's danger afoot, and we don't want her to get caught by the very same ghosts we'll be asking for help against Jace."

"I would never want Danielle to be in danger."
Kyle said but he looked really concerned.
"I do not think talking with her will do that though, put her in danger I mean."
The boy said as he stood and walked you to the door.
"Ok have a nice day Mr Wainwright."
He said. Andrew who had sat down again with his cup of coffee rose and bowed.
"Nice to meet you Mr Wainwright, have a nice day."
He said before you left.

He gave Kyle a quick nod, then headed out again, quickly planning out his route past Henrietta's and the von Hesses apartments down to the garage again.

You saw Arn walk up the stairs as you where on your way down the hallway, the young Alchemist was carrying a book and headed to his Mentor's room probably to have lunch with his teacher and sister, the younger mage bowed as he passed you in the hallway. You passed the hedge's wizards rooms, unless you stop you would get down to the garage just in time to see a big white truck leave, which was probably the team going out vampire hunting.

[Garage]

We're in a race with the Mirrorshades as well as Mr Sun.' Nicole quipped, adjusting the driver's seat and turning the engine over..

"I like Mr Sun better than I like Technocrats."
Jon commented.
"Yeah well right now they are both working against us."
Bruce said and the Virtual Adept sigh.
"True, true."

The truck came to life with a satisfying engine sound, the machine was clearly well cared for and you could hear the hours Lars had put into it. Jon who sat in the other front seat typed the address to the apartment building into the GPS Lars had installed in his truck.

"A race against time and varying other foes. How classic." Serge said with a slight grin as he sat watched the locator app carefully, curious to see how it changed as the car moved.

"Let us hope it do not end with any of us climbing on one the car roof, movies like that always end up with someone climbing on the roof with the car in motion."
Jon said wryly. As the car drove you did notice dots marking people in other cars, spirits here and there, people and spirits and animals along the road. That dust devil you had heard about who was in love with one of the Chief's imps seamed to be sitting outside of the Chantry as usual, at least there was a spirit dot there. A car full of collage kids had six dots in it, more than the law would allow, there was generally allot of dots.

[Narim's room]

"Having a horde of angry ghosts is not really something we need to deal with on top of everything else. We already have one angry ghost as it is. The Code also complicates matters. However I am sure that you will find something of a middle ground," he said, the last to Colin." Ah, amicus, could you do me a favor. It strikes me now you'll be talking with my brother, let him know I was unexpectedly delayed for our talk but haven't forgotten him, just that something absolutely critical came up."

"The Code of Hermes? What do that have to do with ghosts?"
Narim asked sounding a bit surprised.
"Do not that only forbid contact with vampires not the undead in general?"

He frowned. "Is there some way to prevent certain people from "volunteering" for the deed? I...worry that some might be too enthusiastic for such a task."

"I have been asked to do the deed a few times, it is not my favorite thing to do but I can do a Branding as carefully as possible to avoid damage, I do not think there is a law that state you have the right to ask who do it but it is usually expected if the sentenced induvidual have any requests, after all the punishment are the mark as long as it is done it should not matter who do it."
Cita replied with a small sigh.
"At least you should be able to ask for someone who is not a Soulrender at least, as in someone who have never performed a Gilgul, sine Avatars knows who have killed one of their own and they will react if a Soulrender grabs for them."

Ah, I am truly sorry to hear that...I can understand your wish...also why you are against such battles. I do believe you told me some of that before but not all. There is nothing to be excused for..."

"Core Wars are a travesty, Avatars are...precious to tie them to a computer program and set them to fight one another like cocks in a shady bar pecking at one another is not acceptable and while...while what happened to John is very rare...injuries happen allmost every time. There are allot of other ways to duel."
Cita said bitterly and she wiped at her eyes again.
"Avatars are to...beautiful for such games...I wish I had realized that before I lost my apprentice and I had forbidden him from doing it, but he wanted to impress me and...dammit..."
She said and she looked away again and took a deep breath to steady herself.

"Other things?"

"How to form an artificial rebis, how to inscribe information on an Avatar, advanced banishing rituals, the correct way to make the philosopher's stone and who knows what else."
Cita said.

"At this point I'm speculating, I suppose." He sighed.

"I get that....well I can see if I can find out anything else about Rune Feather if that will make you feel better."
The spirit healer offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 21, 2019 8:14 am

[Garage]

Anja wrote:"Let us hope it do not end with any of us climbing on one the car roof, movies like that always end up with someone climbing on the roof with the car in motion."
Jon said wryly. As the car drove you did notice dots marking people in other cars, spirits here and there, people and spirits and animals along the road. That dust devil you had heard about who was in love with one of the Chief's imps seamed to be sitting outside of the Chantry as usual, at least there was a spirit dot there. A car full of collage kids had six dots in it, more than the law would allow, there was generally allot of dots.

"Even if we don't want that to happen you gotta admit that that would be an amazing scene to behold. I would love to do that if...you know...I didn't die in the process." Serge said with a wide smile.

His curiosity grew as he watched the dots dance across the screen. Each one was a person living a life complicated enough to fill a novel. Thousands upon thousands of life stories passing by each other, each one completely unique and original. "Fuck I love watching this app way too much." he said. He checked to see if the layout of buildings they passed was shown on the app, such as rooms within a building.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 am

[Narim's room]

"The Code of Hermes? What do that have to do with ghosts?"
Narim asked sounding a bit surprised.
"Do not that only forbid contact with vampires not the undead in general?"

He wrote out: 'The current wording is no consorting with 'undead' - this is generally seen as massasa since that is the main reason that was added to the Code. Yet it remains open enough  interpretation and could cause undue issues, allowing an in if they wish to interpret it narrowly, especially as the type of ghost she is has a physical body and the respective apprentice being what he is in the first place. We must treat carefully though I had hoped to avoid this until after the trial; you will have to speak to our mentor about how to work around it.' He showed the pair his comments, the last bit for Colin's benefit.

"I have been asked to do the deed a few times, it is not my favorite thing to do but I can do a Branding as carefully as possible to avoid damage, I do not think there is a law that state you have the right to ask who do it but it is usually expected if the sentenced induvidual have any requests, after all the punishment are the mark as long as it is done it should not matter who do it."

He frowned. "I would not wish you to do such a thing, but it would be better to have someone who will not...be too zealous. Still, it is good to know he may be able to ask for that and there is one more thing too..." He did not look very happy, but was clearly trying to find a way to mitigate how bad it might go.

"At least you should be able to ask for someone who is not a Soulrender at least, as in someone who have never performed a Gilgul, sine Avatars knows who have killed one of their own and they will react if a Soulrender grabs for them."

He nodded. That precluded the Primus, and the lawyer...

"Core Wars are a travesty, Avatars are...precious to tie them to a computer program and set them to fight one another like cocks in a shady bar pecking at one another is not acceptable and while...while what happened to John is very rare...injuries happen allmost every time. There are allot of other ways to duel."
Cita said bitterly and she wiped at her eyes again.
"Avatars are to...beautiful for such games...I wish I had realized that before I lost my apprentice and I had forbidden him from doing it, but he wanted to impress me and...dammit..."

"I am sorry for troubling you with such memories..." he said, apologetically. "But for what it is worth, I agree that it is a poor way to treat something so precious. Yet  he is not to blame, nor are you and you can advocate for change even as you try to learn these skills."

"How to form an artificial rebis, how to inscribe information on an Avatar, advanced banishing rituals, the correct way to make the philosopher's stone and who knows what else."
Cita said.

"Quite a few things then, really." He looked pensive, then erased the board carefully. "Did you have a look at this? I was hoping to glean something useful..." He put the book carefully on his lap.

"I get that....well I can see if I can find out anything else about Rune Feather if that will make you feel better."
The spirit healer offered.

"I'm not sure if I'm just thinking the worst of everything or not. But it might be good to discuss this more and with my amicus present. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 21, 2019 9:14 am

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'How the hell can the guy tune the engine like that? He can't even fucking hear it.' Nicole exclaimed, half-impressed and half-confused as she pulled out of the garage and out into the world.

Serge's Post:

'You know how hard that is? Bodywork don't have anywhere for you to grip.' Nicole commented, shoving a piece of gum in her mouth, mainly driving from memory - having studied the map during the planning session.

[That makes me wonder; would rat-spirits like Nicole?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 21, 2019 9:41 am

[Garage]

Anja wrote:'You know how hard that is? Bodywork don't have anywhere for you to grip.' Nicole commented, shoving a piece of gum in her mouth, mainly driving from memory - having studied the map during the planning session.

"Alright alright alright. Here me out....magnetic shoes."" Serge said with a childlike look of wonder in his eye, as if surprised he didn't think of that amazing idea sooner.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next