Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 Empty A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:27 pm

(OOC: Adley are speaking with Anna and Vanja in the common room, Nicole is fighting to get to Wallace Jace's lab, Colin is taking care of Flavian and Serge is playing Soul Calibur with Stephen and Kyle. Happy gaming. The summary for the last thread with come as soon as possible. Everyone get 2 exp for the last thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"So he did and he himself got himself lost in a bloody fairy realm and never got to enjoy what his House have today, I never said leaving a legacy was wrong, I say it is not in itself a goal."
The Tytalus replied firmly.
Colin shrugged, "Well, now, I hear tell some still believe he might come back. One might wonder what he would say about the state of his House today if that day comes..."

Anja wrote:"The question is if your feel for the odds Mr Wainwright are in fact correct."
Helena said with a frown.
"But yes so far you have done well but that do not mean I approve of quite a few of your...tactics."
He nodded, "True, while I'm fairly good at mathematics, there's always room for a few unknown variables... Perfect information is normally impossible, after all."

Anja wrote:"I will do so."
The ice maga replied before she headed out of the room and headed upstairs to speak with Richard. After a few minutes you heard Flavian softly groan and he moved his fingers a little and a few moments later opened his eyes.
"Ohh...ow...shit...please tell me it is over."
The Tytalus groaned.
"Fuck!"
He nodded, "I would advise you to lie still... I'm getting a washcloth to get any residue off your back, and Miss Mar is headed to the infirmary for bandages. The mark is gone, and the contract is broken; I suspect your former patron is rather upset with me. Lady Crexia is offering an explanation for your absence in the common room... you might not want to show there up in your condition and then try to explain what has happened to you. That said, have you regained your grasp of Linear magic?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 pm

[Basement]

Colin shrugged, "Well, now, I hear tell some still believe he might come back. One might wonder what he would say about the state of his House today if that day comes..."

"It is hard to say, the House have attained great power, he would approve of that, it have also changed, as all things change and evolve and I can not say he would like all the changes, but the Founder is gone and we live on, we have kept to his philosophy though."
Flavian replied.

He nodded, "True, while I'm fairly good at mathematics, there's always room for a few unknown variables... Perfect information is normally impossible, after all."

"Yes and to prevent such unknowns from causing loose cannons is why we have a set way of doing things, a system that have served us well thus far."
Helena replied.

[Empty Apartment]

He nodded, "I would advise you to lie still... I'm getting a washcloth to get any residue off your back, and Miss Mar is headed to the infirmary for bandages. The mark is gone, and the contract is broken; I suspect your former patron is rather upset with me.

"S...so I am free?"
Flavian muttered weakly, he settled down and stayed still though.
"I...feel like I have been run over by a bus...and yeah I suppose it would be angry...you took what was his..."

Lady Crexia is offering an explanation for your absence in the common room... you might not want to show there up in your condition and then try to explain what has happened to you.

"As I can not really stand yet...I guess I have no choice but to agree with you about that for now."
The Tytalus muttered.

That said, have you regained your grasp of Linear magic?"

"Oh...gods I hope so...but I don't really know..yet, if I have nothing left then I hope someone have a gun."
The wounded Hermetic muttered bitterly.
"Well at least I have my freedom."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:00 pm

[Common Room]

"Hm, perhaps we should do something about that..." he looked thoughtful.

"Sure Sir...what can be done though? You feel spirits aligned with your Resonance more easily do you not? It is the same for me, and I am...Fallen, and while my dad thinks that can change it will take time."
Anna replied and she looked up at you.

"Things didn't go off on the right foot and there were indeed issues, mostly thanks to the Nephandi. I understand being upset, who wouldn't be? But this is what the Nephandi do, try to break us down into pieces so they can try to swallow us up. It's a tactic to get information and break our morale and trust." He sighed. "They want us to be weakened, and drive wedges and fulcrums in wherever they can, sometimes it takes a long time for them to maneuver them."

"Yeah but the thing is Mr Roth Hicks, I think the time have come where Steelhaven have to choose between actually giving up some information and treating us as equals or seeing us go home, like I said I can not demand anything, I do not have the rank for it, but what you say sound very much like the general bull shit, if you excuse the term, that a politician will serve up to get the masses to shut up and fall in line and that is only going to work for so long, your Chantry expect us to fight and perhaps die in this conflict, then we get treated as equals and not just stonewalled and served up bits of information that your Chantry think are appropriate."
Vanja replied.
"I do not mean to be snotty but it is the fact of things the way to combat the Nephandi tactic you speak of is to actually then give us trust and tell us what is going on and not expect us to have blind trust and your Chantry to lord over us and tell us when to jump, basically we what to know what is going on and we want to know now and platitudes will not cut it much longer."
The young Cultist informed you.
"We want to know where Flavian is, what have happened to him and what is going on and I fear that unless answers are provided fast, we will leave and then take it up with the Tribunal Senior Enforcer that one of our members are being held at Steelhaven, Flavian might be an ass but he is a member of our Chantry, we have a right to know what is going on."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:17 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"It is hard to say, the House have attained great power, he would approve of that, it have also changed, as all things change and evolve and I can not say he would like all the changes, but the Founder is gone and we live on, we have kept to his philosophy though."
Flavian replied.
Colin nodded, "Well, there certainly is that."

Anja wrote:"Yes and to prevent such unknowns from causing loose cannons is why we have a set way of doing things, a system that have served us well thus far."
Helena replied.
He smiled wryly, "Served us well... well... in the words of Master Porthos, we're losing the war. The too-rigid system has become one more tool in the Fallen's repertoire, because we've become predictable. But that sword cuts both ways; the Fallen have become predictable, too - in preparing for the tried-and-true approaches... Well, as you said, this debate could go on for days and months, and this is not the time."

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"S...so I am free?"
Flavian muttered weakly, he settled down and stayed still though.
"I...feel like I have been run over by a bus...and yeah I suppose it would be angry...you took what was his..."
He smiled wryly, "Well, now, 'free' might be a little optimistic yet... but your soul is no longer in hock, as they say."

Anja wrote:"Oh...gods I hope so...but I don't really know..yet, if I have nothing left then I hope someone have a gun."
The wounded Hermetic muttered bitterly.
"Well at least I have my freedom."
He nodded, adjusting his glasses and watching for any magic working, "Well... your magic has not been uninvited from the Chantry yet. I'll permit you to try working some harmless effect - perhaps a simple sensory enhancement? Keep in mind, I am watching, so it would be ill-advised to try something hostile. You'll still be brought before a Tribunal, but... your seeking out aid to break the contract may be what pulls your posterior out of the fire. Depending on how willing you are to cooperate with Lady Crexia's queries. There's... been enough pain today. By far."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "Well, there certainly is that."

Flavian looked at you for a moment then he nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Served us well... well... in the words of Master Porthos, we're losing the war. The too-rigid system has become one more tool in the Fallen's repertoire, because we've become predictable. But that sword cuts both ways; the Fallen have become predictable, too - in preparing for the tried-and-true approaches... Well, as you said, this debate could go on for days and months, and this is not the time."

"I am not saying do not get new ideas Mr Wainwright, I am saying do not go jump into dangerous situations without anything more to go on than future vision and then do insane things that have worked thus far due to nothing but blind luck, and like I said Mr Wainwright I do not approve of these methods and this is NOT the time to discuss them at length and I am not going to approve more the more you bring it back up."
Helena replied sternly.

[Empty Apartment]

He smiled wryly, "Well, now, 'free' might be a little optimistic yet... but your soul is no longer in hock, as they say."

"So that...creature still have a hold over me, all of this was for nothing?"
Flavian asked and he sounded rather devastated.

He nodded, adjusting his glasses and watching for any magic working, "Well... your magic has not been uninvited from the Chantry yet. I'll permit you to try working some harmless effect - perhaps a simple sensory enhancement? Keep in mind, I am watching, so it would be ill-advised to try something hostile. You'll still be brought before a Tribunal, but... your seeking out aid to break the contract may be what pulls your posterior out of the fire. Depending on how willing you are to cooperate with Lady Crexia's queries. There's... been enough pain today. By far."

"Sensory...I don't know if I have...linear magick is less free I can not just go by understanding of reality and pull and effect out of my ass I need a established working...ok...let me think it have been so long...yeah I think I might remember a spell I used to do an apprentice...fuck I hardly remember the words."
The Tytalus grunted and he moved over onto his side, wincing as he did so and he begun to mow his hands in a few simple gestures, trying several times before he got it right muttering all the time in Latin, his eyes turned reflective like cat eyes and he looked around.
"Well...yes it do work."
To you what he did would be linear Life related magick, sensory to see like a cat.
"And yeah I suppose there will be a Tribunal for me...and probably an execution as well."
The man muttered as he ended his spell with a few more words and gestures.
"But...I agree there have been...quite a bit of pain."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:24 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well the coolest person would be the one who manage to find the practical skill to win."
Stephen replied.
Anja wrote:The problem with some fighting games, Soul Calibur in particular was that it had a tendency to favor speed over elegance, the young Flambeau fought in a very controlled, meticulous way, never going for a special attack when he did not have to, focusing on blocking, donging and quick pot shots that widdeled down your health, it was not flashy, it was not particularly elegant but it was effective. Stephen seamed to consider tactics in all that he did and calculate chances, he would only go for a special move when he had a really good chance to pull it off and not get a counter attack to the face, this meant he was hard to hit and he took a little bit of your health all the time usually just by regular quick little attacks.

Serge played as best he could, drawing upon his years of watching fighting game tournaments and emulating the tactics of the professional players that he had saw. He wasn't just blindly copying other peoples tactics however. Serge knew precisely how each move was to be used and when best to capitalize. He analyzed Stephens strategy and made sure to take advantage wherever he could, blocking his quick jabs and countering with his own series of comboes.

One distinct advantage that Serge had was that Stephen wasn't the type kid to play video games. Taken from Stephen's own words, the young hermetic was often too busy with his studies to focus on normal leisurely activities much less video games. However Serge had never stopped playing games in his entire life, regardless of what was going on in his life. His hands had never forgotten the feel of the controller and thus he could move more easily in the game and react more easily to what Stephen was doing.

No matter how small it was, Stephen's constant strategizing and constants calculation delayed his movements. The slightest hesitation, which could be located and exploited. Often times knowing to trust your gut instinct was just as important, especially in a time-senstitive scenario such as in the middle of a fighting game. And Serge did just that, trusting in his gut instinct and experience watching and playing these types of games in order to eventually best the young hermetic.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"So that...creature still have a hold over me, all of this was for nothing?"
Flavian asked and he sounded rather devastated.
Colin shook his head, checking the bathroom for a washcloth, "No, your soul is free, the contract snapped like a rubber band, quite probably forever. But you are still under arrest, as it were, so you don't quite have the full run of the Chantry. Or the means to leave."

Anja wrote:"Sensory...I don't know if I have...linear magick is less free I can not just go by understanding of reality and pull and effect out of my ass I need a established working...ok...let me think it have been so long...yeah I think I might remember a spell I used to do an apprentice...fuck I hardly remember the words."
He nodded, "I did not mean to suggest coming up with something on the fly; I assumed you had been taught a number of spells as an apprentice. If you remember those, all the better, you won't have to start entirely back at square one..."

Anja wrote:The Tytalus grunted and he moved over onto his side, wincing as he did so and he begun to mow his hands in a few simple gestures, trying several times before he got it right muttering all the time in Latin, his eyes turned reflective like cat eyes and he looked around.
"Well...yes it do work."
To you what he did would be linear Life related magick, sensory to see like a cat.
"And yeah I suppose there will be a Tribunal for me...and probably an execution as well."
The man muttered as he ended his spell with a few more words and gestures.
"But...I agree there have been...quite a bit of pain."
He shrugged, "You're still a Mage, albeit Linear, with great potential, I can tell as much. After the Tribunal, I'm sure there'll be an execution, but it might not be your neck on the block. Lady Crexia implied that if you cooperate, you could well be looking at indentured servitude, branding, and other non-fatal punishments while your Mentor answers for his crime of Infernalism..."

He quickly sent a message down to Crexia, 'He is conscious and Linear. Mood marginally improved, at best.'

He looked at Flavian again, "Well... if you would be so kind as to roll back on your stomach, so I can tend to your back?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:32 am

[Kyle's Room]

Serge played as best he could, drawing upon his years of watching fighting game tournaments and emulating the tactics of the professional players that he had saw. He wasn't just blindly copying other peoples tactics however. Serge knew precisely how each move was to be used and when best to capitalize. He analyzed Stephens strategy and made sure to take advantage wherever he could, blocking his quick jabs and countering with his own series of comboes.

One distinct advantage that Serge had was that Stephen wasn't the type kid to play video games. Taken from Stephen's own words, the young hermetic was often too busy with his studies to focus on normal leisurely activities much less video games. However Serge had never stopped playing games in his entire life, regardless of what was going on in his life. His hands had never forgotten the feel of the controller and thus he could move more easily in the game and react more easily to what Stephen was doing.

You and the young Flambeau was neck a neck for a while, your combos and you playing more games than Stephen against his meticulous, well planned out moves, the kid was a strategist in all that he did and this was no exception, he tried to keep out of range of Voldo's massive attacks and exploit how hard your character was to handle at times, his unpredictable motions with his own's even slashes and kicks.

No matter how small it was, Stephen's constant strategizing and constants calculation delayed his movements. The slightest hesitation, which could be located and exploited. Often times knowing to trust your gut instinct was just as important, especially in a time-senstitive scenario such as in the middle of a fighting game. And Serge did just that, trusting in his gut instinct and experience watching and playing these types of games in order to eventually best the young hermetic.

You eventually found an opening for a risky move, one that might flip Sophetia out of the ring, however it was just as likely to send Voldo out into the river as well, it was pure chance so Stephen had not considered that you would go for it, as it really was a dumb move that would make it come down to pure luck, but the gamle panned off as the warrior woman with her sword and shield went of the platform, leaving Voldo standing on a few pixels, seaming not caring that a watery grave was a step away, this sent you into round two, with one win on your side. Stephen grunted his dismay at loosing a round and went at it again with his well planned out strategy.

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shook his head, checking the bathroom for a washcloth, "No, your soul is free, the contract snapped like a rubber band, quite probably forever. But you are still under arrest, as it were, so you don't quite have the full run of the Chantry. Or the means to leave."

You found a fresh wash cloth and some towels in the bathroom.
"Oh so that is what you meant...well I did not expect otherwise."
The Tytalus replied with a sigh.
"At least my soul and my will are free."

He nodded, "I did not mean to suggest coming up with something on the fly; I assumed you had been taught a number of spells as an apprentice. If you remember those, all the better, you won't have to start entirely back at square one..."

"I do remember...most of the spells I was taught as an apprentice, and I guess a few of them could be seen a sensory yes."
Flavian commented.
"But to be back as a hedge wizard...how humiliating..."

He shrugged, "You're still a Mage, albeit Linear, with great potential, I can tell as much. After the Tribunal, I'm sure there'll be an execution, but it might not be your neck on the block. Lady Crexia implied that if you cooperate, you could well be looking at indentured servitude, branding, and other non-fatal punishments while your Mentor answers for his crime of Infernalism..."

"I will not be a slave again, I would rather die and, since my Avatar still sleeps Branding would have to be physical, and I doubt the Tribunal will think that is enough...as for my Mentor well being sentenced to death could not happen to a more dear and beloved person and I hope to be alive to show him my appreciation and honor by pissing on his grave with the hope the love drops reach his flower scented, ever so cared for corpse."
The Hermetic declared.

He quickly sent a message down to Crexia, 'He is conscious and Linear. Mood marginally improved, at best.'

You got a reply back which said.
"Very good Mr Wainwright please see what you can get out of him and I will talk with him later."

He looked at Flavian again, "Well... if you would be so kind as to roll back on your stomach, so I can tend to your back?"

"Yeah...ok..."
Flavian said and he groaned as he did so.
"Fuck...ouch!"
He grumbled.
"This shit fucking hurts!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:50 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:You found a fresh wash cloth and some towels in the bathroom.
"Oh so that is what you meant...well I did not expect otherwise."
The Tytalus replied with a sigh.
"At least my soul and my will are free."
Colin smiled thinly, wetting the washcloth and bringing it and a towel into the bedroom, "Small blessings, yes?"

Anja wrote:"I do remember...most of the spells I was taught as an apprentice, and I guess a few of them could be seen a sensory yes."
Flavian commented.
"But to be back as a hedge wizard...how humiliating..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Don't underestimate hedge wizards; I know a Flambeau who lost his Avatar to vampirism and was brought back to life. He's a quite driven, powerful Linear Mage, and the Security Chief of his Chantry in his own right. Pretty damned quick, too; combine that with avoiding Paradox, and you end up with a remarkably deadly adversary if you were to cross him. And... I've met Mercere Linear Magi who have been, well... they're some of the strongest people I know of, and I can easily tell you don't feel the loss they do."

Anja wrote:"I will not be a slave again, I would rather die and, since my Avatar still sleeps Branding would have to be physical, and I doubt the Tribunal will think that is enough...as for my Mentor well being sentenced to death could not happen to a more dear and beloved person and I hope to be alive to show him my appreciation and honor by pissing on his grave with the hope the love drops reach his flower scented, ever so cared for corpse."
The Hermetic declared.
He nodded, "That... stance might well be taken into consideration. I suppose incarceration for a given period of time is also plausible."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...ok..."
Flavian said and he groaned as he did so.
"Fuck...ouch!"
He grumbled.
"This shit fucking hurts!"
He sat down next to Flavian and gently dabbed at the huge bruise, gathering up any seepage as well as residual grains of sand with the wet cloth, "Quite unsurprisingly, you have a bruise roughly the size of an airfield where I essentially sandpapered off a rather horrid alien marking. In mere physical terms, every nerve ending in your skin - what there is left of it - is raw and exposed. With luck, Dr. Lee will be down soon and bringing some ointment with the bandages."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin smiled thinly, wetting the washcloth and bringing it and a towel into the bedroom, "Small blessings, yes?"

"Small favors indeed."
Flavian agreed with a sigh.

He arched an eyebrow, "Don't underestimate hedge wizards; I know a Flambeau who lost his Avatar to vampirism and was brought back to life. He's a quite driven, powerful Linear Mage, and the Security Chief of his Chantry in his own right. Pretty damned quick, too; combine that with avoiding Paradox, and you end up with a remarkably deadly adversary if you were to cross him. And... I've met Mercere Linear Magi who have been, well... they're some of the strongest people I know of, and I can easily tell you don't feel the loss they do."

"He was turned into a vampire and brought back to life...damn..."
Flavian muttered sounding impressed.
"No I do not feel the same loss...I might have if there had been nothing there, but the true magick I cast was never really mine, it was what that being implanted in me, even so a hedge wizard do not have the status of a true mage and can never get as powerful."
The Tytalus complained.

He nodded, "That... stance might well be taken into consideration. I suppose incarceration for a given period of time is also plausible."

"It better...if I am sentenced to slavery I will simply end things, I will not be anyone's slave again."
The former Infernalist declared.
"Incarceration though are...acceptable."

He sat down next to Flavian and gently dabbed at the huge bruise, gathering up any seepage as well as residual grains of sand with the wet cloth, "Quite unsurprisingly, you have a bruise roughly the size of an airfield where I essentially sandpapered off a rather horrid alien marking. In mere physical terms, every nerve ending in your skin - what there is left of it - is raw and exposed. With luck, Dr. Lee will be down soon and bringing some ointment with the bandages."

"At...least it is not like it was...during the process..but damn my back aches and every muscle aches, my jaw aches as well, but I guess it was worth it for my freedom, but I would not want to go through that again."
Flavian grunted he gasped and whimpered as you washed his would.

You heard the door open and Helena came into the bed room after knocking on the door, she had Richard with her.
"Ah he is awake...good."
The ice mage said.
"Ok let me have a look at him Colin, I can not stay long, I have left Miss White with the patients upstairs but I like to be there in case something was to happen." The doctor said as he headed over to the bed.
"Ouch...that is a nasty bruise...I might just have something for it though..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:28 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"He was turned into a vampire and brought back to life...damn..."
Flavian muttered sounding impressed.
"No I do not feel the same loss...I might have if there had been nothing there, but the true magick I cast was never really mine, it was what that being implanted in me, even so a hedge wizard do not have the status of a true mage and can never get as powerful."
The Tytalus complained.
Colin shrugged, "If it's just raw magical power you're still after, I think you'll be fine. The status issue will likely be strongly addressed within the coming decade or two, but you will be losing out on a bit of flexibility, I will acknowledge. Still, it's a possibility that you might Awaken traumatically, though I will admit I don't have much belief in that outcome."

Anja wrote:"It better...if I am sentenced to slavery I will simply end things, I will not be anyone's slave again."
The former Infernalist declared.
"Incarceration though are...acceptable."
He nodded, "I can at least put in a good word for that."

Anja wrote:"At...least it is not like it was...during the process..but damn my back aches and every muscle aches, my jaw aches as well, but I guess it was worth it for my freedom, but I would not want to go through that again."
Flavian grunted he gasped and whimpered as you washed his would.
He smiled wryly, toweling off the sore and washing it alternatingly, "Well, just avoid making deals with strange Outsider Things, and I'm sure a repeat incident can be avoided entirely."

Anja wrote:You heard the door open and Helena came into the bed room after knocking on the door, she had Richard with her.
"Ah he is awake...good."
The ice mage said.
"Ok let me have a look at him Colin, I can not stay long, I have left Miss White with the patients upstairs but I like to be there in case something was to happen." The doctor said as he headed over to the bed.
"Ouch...that is a nasty bruise...I might just have something for it though..."
He nodded, "Doctor. The patient had a mark on his back requiring... sandpapering off. It's a bit of a pity we can't laser that sort of mark off like a tattoo..."
He paused for a moment, then fished his little solar laser pointer out of his pocket and stared at it, "Bloody hell, perhaps we can do that... If you will excuse me for a moment, I need to make a quick phone call."

He stepped into the bathroom and quickly called Nico.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:48 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shrugged, "If it's just raw magical power you're still after, I think you'll be fine. The status issue will likely be strongly addressed within the coming decade or two, but you will be losing out on a bit of flexibility, I will acknowledge. Still, it's a possibility that you might Awaken traumatically, though I will admit I don't have much belief in that outcome."

"It is raw magical power I am after but I am not so sure that a hedge wizard can measure up there, and as you say linear magic have much less flexibility...why would I Awaken traumatically? What trauma is it that will Awaken me."
The Tytalus asked sounding a bit skeptical.

He nodded, "I can at least put in a good word for that."

Flavian looked at you then he sigh.
"Thank you."
He grumbled as if saying that hurt more than having his Investment mark removed did.

He smiled wryly, toweling off the sore and washing it alternatingly, "Well, just avoid making deals with strange Outsider Things, and I'm sure a repeat incident can be avoided entirely."

"I was not planning on it no."
The Tytalus replied with a frown.
"I think I will stay far away from such deals in the future, like I said I prefer my freedom."
He groaned clearly the washing was not comfortable.

He nodded, "Doctor. The patient had a mark on his back requiring... sandpapering off. It's a bit of a pity we can't laser that sort of mark off like a tattoo..."
He paused for a moment, then fished his little solar laser pointer out of his pocket and stared at it, "Bloody hell, perhaps we can do that... If you will excuse me for a moment, I need to make a quick phone call."

"Well again you have lost me again Colin...but I will look at the patient and see if I can help."
Richard said before he went to check on Flavian and treat his wound.

He stepped into the bathroom and quickly called Nico.

The Verditius picked up the call and said.
"Hello Mr Wainwright, what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:02 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"It is raw magical power I am after but I am not so sure that a hedge wizard can measure up there, and as you say linear magic have much less flexibility...why would I Awaken traumatically? What trauma is it that will Awaken me."
The Tytalus asked sounding a bit skeptical.
Colin shrugged, "I did not say you will Awaken traumatically, just that it could theoretically happen. I mean, I personally Awakened following a rude encounter with modern military rocketry to the face; I would not advocate pursuing that, though. It hurts, and it is dangerous."

Anja wrote:Flavian looked at you then he sigh.
"Thank you."
He grumbled as if saying that hurt more than having his Investment mark removed did.
He afforded himself a small, smug smile when Flavian wasn't looking.

Anja wrote:The Verditius picked up the call and said.
"Hello Mr Wainwright, what can I do for you?"
He grinned wryly, "Ah, good, I just had an idea... You've made some glass pieces from the sand already, correct? Would it be possible to use the glass for either a highly heat-resistant optic lens, or a laser diode of some power? I'm not speaking of something that would cut steel, but something along the lines of the ones used to remove tattoos. If you believe you can pull it off, I might have a commission for you and Miss Bouchard."

((OOC: Colin just had an idea. Anti-Qlippothic laser rifles? Don't mind if I do! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:50 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shrugged, "I did not say you will Awaken traumatically, just that it could theoretically happen. I mean, I personally Awakened following a rude encounter with modern military rocketry to the face; I would not advocate pursuing that, though. It hurts, and it is dangerous."

"Well if I could have Awakened magick I would do it but chances are my Avatar is just not strong enough to Awaken, or not ready to and then there is not much that one can do."
Flavian said with a frown.
"I guess I have to make do with what I got."

He grinned wryly, "Ah, good, I just had an idea... You've made some glass pieces from the sand already, correct? Would it be possible to use the glass for either a highly heat-resistant optic lens, or a laser diode of some power? I'm not speaking of something that would cut steel, but something along the lines of the ones used to remove tattoos. If you believe you can pull it off, I might have a commission for you and Miss Bouchard."

"Hum..."
Nico said.
"I am not sure, I have never tried to make lenses of high enough quality to focus a laser with...but I might be able to so, let me try with regular sand and if I can make a lens that is good enough then we can talk Mr Wainwright."
The Verditius replied.
"I think it might be possible...might but it will take time."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:33 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well if I could have Awakened magick I would do it but chances are my Avatar is just not strong enough to Awaken, or not ready to and then there is not much that one can do."
Flavian said with a frown.
"I guess I have to make do with what I got."
Colin nodded, then chuckled, "We all have to make do with what we have... To be honest, I can't deny a small stab of jealousy at what some of the Disciples here can do with the same Spheres I've learned to control - as the Sphere system goes, I've hit Initiate ability with half a dozen Spheres, and I can see every spirit around me, but deep down, there's an eager schoolboy shouting 'I want to learn how to do that, too!' every time one of my Chantrymates does something that's just outside my grasp..."

Anja wrote:"Hum..."
Nico said.
"I am not sure, I have never tried to make lenses of high enough quality to focus a laser with...but I might be able to so, let me try with regular sand and if I can make a lens that is good enough then we can talk Mr Wainwright."
The Verditius replied.
"I think it might be possible...might but it will take time."
He nodded, "We just verified that the sand can scrub off Investment Marks, but it's a painful, grueling process. If we could create a laser that does the same, as though we were simply removing a mundane tattoo with mundane medical gear, it could save on the sand and be both quicker and leave less collateral damage to the skin. No rush, though, I'm not expecting to have such a tool available before we hit the Labyrinth... but it might be a useful thing before too long, all the same."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:48 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, then chuckled, "We all have to make do with what we have... To be honest, I can't deny a small stab of jealousy at what some of the Disciples here can do with the same Spheres I've learned to control - as the Sphere system goes, I've hit Initiate ability with half a dozen Spheres, and I can see every spirit around me, but deep down, there's an eager schoolboy shouting 'I want to learn how to do that, too!' every time one of my Chantrymates does something that's just outside my grasp..."

"I thought you said you was an Adept?"
Flavian said and he raised an eyebrow.
"But yes linear magic have the benefit of not attracting Paradox but the downside of being more restrictive and also there is always a good chance that it just will not work when sleepers are watching you cast your spells."
He complained with a sigh.

He nodded, "We just verified that the sand can scrub off Investment Marks, but it's a painful, grueling process. If we could create a laser that does the same, as though we were simply removing a mundane tattoo with mundane medical gear, it could save on the sand and be both quicker and leave less collateral damage to the skin. No rush, though, I'm not expecting to have such a tool available before we hit the Labyrinth... but it might be a useful thing before too long, all the same."

"Are you so sure that will work Mar Wainwright, first of all there will be a difference between the sand touching something and light reflected through a lens made by the sand touching, it is a very good chance that just will not have the same effect. Secondly now are you so sure most of the pain came from the mechanical removal of the mark and not well, the supernatural effect? Which might not be so different if your laser idea actually work."
Nico asked they sounded rather skeptical of your idea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:09 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I thought you said you was an Adept?"
Flavian said and he raised an eyebrow.
"But yes linear magic have the benefit of not attracting Paradox but the downside of being more restrictive and also there is always a good chance that it just will not work when sleepers are watching you cast your spells."
He complained with a sigh.
Colin smiled wryly, "Oh, I am an Adept - legally speaking. Early promotion, on account of how my future self is dragging me back and forth along my own timeline. The outright miracles I've managed to pull off with that sort of foreknowledge, well... I wouldn't have known to bribe the polyp's Handler with a good book and a block of margarine, if I hadn't shared the amusing story of it with friends and family, so they could remind me in the future, for example. It was never raw power that was my strongest weapon... though that's liable to change over time."

Anja wrote:"Are you so sure that will work Mar Wainwright, first of all there will be a difference between the sand touching something and light reflected through a lens made by the sand touching, it is a very good chance that just will not have the same effect. Secondly now are you so sure most of the pain came from the mechanical removal of the mark and not well, the supernatural effect? Which might not be so different if your laser idea actually work."
Nico asked they sounded rather skeptical of your idea.
He shook his head, "No, I am not sure it will work - but it's worth looking into. And no, the worst pain during the process of mark removal is likely the backlash from an angry Outsider, however, if the laser therapy works, it could ease the recovery afterwards. The difference between a few inch-wide strips of skin, and a seeping bruise from having skin literally sanded off the entire back... at most, I think we could have a finer precision instrument for it, that is all. If we're really lucky, we could have a lightweight means of identifying the Fallen from a distance, but I don't know if we're that lucky. All the same, I'm not asking you to mass produce laser cannons just yet, only see if a prototype lens or diode is feasible."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:54 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin smiled wryly, "Oh, I am an Adept - legally speaking. Early promotion, on account of how my future self is dragging me back and forth along my own timeline. The outright miracles I've managed to pull off with that sort of foreknowledge, well... I wouldn't have known to bribe the polyp's Handler with a good book and a block of margarine, if I hadn't shared the amusing story of it with friends and family, so they could remind me in the future, for example. It was never raw power that was my strongest weapon... though that's liable to change over time."

"Hum...help from the future eh...well I guess that could count as being an Adept and it is sneaky..."
Flavian said with a sigh.
"I am not in a position to protest and frankly I hurt to much to care about your rank right now...but the story of that Handler and getting her bribed with a book and Norwegian butter...was sort of amusing."

He shook his head, "No, I am not sure it will work - but it's worth looking into. And no, the worst pain during the process of mark removal is likely the backlash from an angry Outsider, however, if the laser therapy works, it could ease the recovery afterwards.

"Yes you are likely right about that."
Nico agreed.
"Less physical damage would help things afterwards...and it might make the lens...reusable for I assume now you use up sand when removing a contract, if we can make something that can be used again and again far more can be helped...I know someone...not a Hermetic, and Orphan who would be willing to pay good money for such help for example."

The difference between a few inch-wide strips of skin, and a seeping bruise from having skin literally sanded off the entire back... at most, I think we could have a finer precision instrument for it, that is all. If we're really lucky, we could have a lightweight means of identifying the Fallen from a distance, but I don't know if we're that lucky. All the same, I'm not asking you to mass produce laser cannons just yet, only see if a prototype lens or diode is feasible."

"Well let us first see if I can make a good enough lens Mr Wainwright and then we will see what can be done with your apprentice's sand."
The Verditius replied.
"Ah and speaking of, Mr King was here with a delivery after I visited him an hour ago, your bullet is ready for pick up."
They sounded rather pleased at that.
"I think it turned out pretty good."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:30 pm

[Common Room]

"Sure Sir...what can be done though? You feel spirits aligned with your Resonance more easily do you not? It is the same for me, and I am...Fallen, and while my dad thinks that can change it will take time."
Anna replied and she looked up at you.

"That makes sense..." he tipped his head at her. "I think that can be possible as well, but I feel that you would have to want that as well. Something we can discuss later. But I meant that if the influence was very strong, perhaps we can bolster your mental and spiritual defense."

"Yeah but the thing is Mr Roth Hicks, I think the time have come where Steelhaven have to choose between actually giving up some information and treating us as equals or seeing us go home, like I said I can not demand anything, I do not have the rank for it, but what you say sound very much like the general bull shit, if you excuse the term, that a politician will serve up to get the masses to shut up and fall in line and that is only going to work for so long, your Chantry expect us to fight and perhaps die in this conflict, then we get treated as equals and not just stonewalled and served up bits of information that your Chantry think are appropriate."
Vanja replied.

"I'm not trying to bullshit you," he said with a sigh. "And this is not only our conflict. I wish it was, but yes this upcoming fight is nearby."

"I do not mean to be snotty but it is the fact of things the way to combat the Nephandi tactic you speak of is to actually then give us trust and tell us what is going on and not expect us to have blind trust and your Chantry to lord over us and tell us when to jump, basically we what to know what is going on and we want to know now and platitudes will not cut it much longer."
The young Cultist informed you."We want to know where Flavian is, what have happened to him and what is going on and I fear that unless answers are provided fast, we will leave and then take it up with the Tribunal Senior Enforcer that one of our members are being held at Steelhaven, Flavian might be an ass but he is a member of our Chantry, we have a right to know what is going on."

"You're not being snotty, but we're not trying to lord anything over anyone either. Wanting to know what's going on is understandable, so..." He nodded up to Crexia. "That is part of the reason I thought it would be easier to hear this from someone you knew better, and that was there as well. I hope you will soon understand why."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:03 pm

[Common Room]

"That makes sense..." he tipped his head at her. "I think that can be possible as well, but I feel that you would have to want that as well. Something we can discuss later. But I meant that if the influence was very strong, perhaps we can bolster your mental and spiritual defense."

"I am not sure Sir, I sort of is happy with who I am...but I think my Avatar want to, he keeps saying he want to be a beach...I know it makes no sense but he do...he is a huge glass dragon now...anyway my dad want me to try to I will try, and for the spirit, it is gone now and it was not really interested in me, but yeah some better defenses I am always up for that."
Anna said with a smile.

"I'm not trying to bullshit you," he said with a sigh. "And this is not only our conflict. I wish it was, but yes this upcoming fight is nearby."

"I get that...I get that...I just feel we are being kept in the dark here."
Vanja replied with a sigh.

"You're not being snotty, but we're not trying to lord anything over anyone either. Wanting to know what's going on is understandable, so..." He nodded up to Crexia. "That is part of the reason I thought it would be easier to hear this from someone you knew better, and that was there as well. I hope you will soon understand why."

The young Cultist looked at Crexia who begun again with her explanation.
"As I was saying Sodalis...and honored guests the situation is as follows, two of the mages from Worchester have been found to have been killed or kidnapped ad replaced this we know, but we have suspected that Adeptus Flavian have been involved, this is still being investigated, we are not holding the man against his will if he wish to we will transfer him to the care of a Quesitor but he is guilty of breaking the Code of Hermes. Right now we do not suspect more infiltrator but we do want to check for it...starting with myself, and the magi of Steelhaven and will then request that you consent to such a examination as well."
"What sort of test Magistrix Mundi?"
One woman asked.
"You cast a simple spell and it is then examined to make sure the magick used is Dynamic."
The Tytalus replied.
"Flavian is he in custody then? Arrested?"
A man wanted to know.
"Yes, he is being held in a room, he may not leave but he is not being mistreated, a Quesitor will be called in to handle the situation."
"Did he aid our people getting taken and replaced?"
"I do not know but so far it do not look like he aided in that but he may have known about it."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I GMed D&D today, the warlock I made to be a huge fight got sugjestioned into cooperating and then he was cut down, poor warlock he is now very dead, and now the group have a very pregnant Drow to deal with.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:32 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Hum...help from the future eh...well I guess that could count as being an Adept and it is sneaky..."
Flavian said with a sigh.
"I am not in a position to protest and frankly I hurt to much to care about your rank right now...but the story of that Handler and getting her bribed with a book and Norwegian butter...was sort of amusing."
Colin smiled, "She thought it was amusing, too. Lovely laugh on the dear woman. And yes, it is sneaky."

Anja wrote:"Yes you are likely right about that."
Nico agreed.
"Less physical damage would help things afterwards...and it might make the lens...reusable for I assume now you use up sand when removing a contract, if we can make something that can be used again and again far more can be helped...I know someone...not a Hermetic, and Orphan who would be willing to pay good money for such help for example."
He nodded, "Hope springs eternal. And even if it doesn't work, figuring out the sand's limitations will be well worth it."

Anja wrote:"Well let us first see if I can make a good enough lens Mr Wainwright and then we will see what can be done with your apprentice's sand."
The Verditius replied.
"Ah and speaking of, Mr King was here with a delivery after I visited him an hour ago, your bullet is ready for pick up."
They sounded rather pleased at that.
"I think it turned out pretty good."
He grinned, "Excellent, that would leave me two of them before heading into combat... so how was tea?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:34 pm

[Common Room]

"I am not sure Sir, I sort of is happy with who I am...but I think my Avatar want to, he keeps saying he want to be a beach...I know it makes no sense but he do...he is a huge glass dragon now...anyway my dad want me to try to I will try, and for the spirit, it is gone now and it was not really interested in me, but yeah some better defenses I am always up for that." Anna said with a smile.

He raised his eyebrow at the mention of a beach. He really was not sure what to make of that, either. "I have a few ideas."

"I get that...I get that...I just feel we are being kept in the dark here."
Vanja replied with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, hopefully it will make sense soon." As the discussion turned Quesitors, he hoped that more than one were available at the moment and added that to the 'try to find out' pile, which was steadily growing. For now though he too listened, since there would be a flood of questions.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:01 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You and the young Flambeau was neck a neck for a while, your combos and you playing more games than Stephen against his meticulous, well planned out moves, the kid was a strategist in all that he did and this was no exception, he tried to keep out of range of Voldo's massive attacks and exploit how hard your character was to handle at times, his unpredictable motions with his own's even slashes and kicks.
Anja wrote:You eventually found an opening for a risky move, one that might flip Sophetia out of the ring, however it was just as likely to send Voldo out into the river as well, it was pure chance so Stephen had not considered that you would go for it, as it really was a dumb move that would make it come down to pure luck, but the gamle panned off as the warrior woman with her sword and shield went of the platform, leaving Voldo standing on a few pixels, seaming not caring that a watery grave was a step away, this sent you into round two, with one win on your side. Stephen grunted his dismay at loosing a round and went at it again with his well planned out strategy.

Serge let out a small victory cheer before quickly continuing the game. After all, they were only in the second round. Serge knew that no matter how calm Stephen looked on the outside, he would still be affected by his initial lost.

Years of battle tactics and strategy foiled by an idiot and his drama-fueled instincts. Stephen was likely a little irate, even if he didn't let it show. Serge planned to use those emotions against him. Just like in his magick training, emotions were a powerful thing, affecting every action we did no matter how minor. In fact A true cultist would be able to see past the illusion of size, understanding that even the smallest of changes in behavior and emotions can have enormous ripple effects in the future.

His mind spurred through thoughts:

Would Stephen be effected by the initial lost? Yes, he was a hermetic. One of the most competitive and stubborn brand of mage. He was also a person who kept his emotions bottled up, as was evident from his small outburst in the library. Keeping emotions bottled up didn't mean that they didn't effect you. In fact, those who bottle up emotion often find them being driven by them even more than most.

How would his emotions effect him? What would Stephen do now? He would fall back to what he knows. Double-down on his training and strategize even more. Brushing aside the initial loss as simply a matter of chance and bad luck. He would account for Serge's movements from last time. Make sure to take all of Serge's possible action into consideration, no matter how risky. However, this would only delay his movements even more....

These thoughts were, at the end of the day, Serge's own theories. Whether they were true or not was not something he could tell. However he planned to use them nonetheless. In particular, Serge would begin to feint risky moves only to change back and forth between actually doing them and going for the safe option. Changing his playstyle rapidly in order to ensure that Stephen couldn't get accustomed to it. Exploiting the fact that the Hermetic could only account for so many option, and the revelation that the cultist was willing to use any and all methods available to him meant the mage so used to logical thinking now had to account for things entirely of his logical sphere.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 am

[Basement]

He raised his eyebrow at the mention of a beach. He really was not sure what to make of that, either. "I have a few ideas."

"Really Sir? That is cool. I guess now is not the time for those ideas or is it?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you and smiled.

"I'm sorry, hopefully it will make sense soon." As the discussion turned Quesitors, he hoped that more than one were available at the moment and added that to the 'try to find out' pile, which was steadily growing. For now though he too listened, since there would be a flood of questions.

Crexia turned to Adley to ask him.
"Sodalis it might take some time to explain things to the magi from Worchester, perhaps you can check on your brother while I talk with these fine people to make better use of our time?"

[Kyle's Room]

Serge let out a small victory cheer before quickly continuing the game. After all, they were only in the second round. Serge knew that no matter how calm Stephen looked on the outside, he would still be affected by his initial lost.

Stephen's eyes was focused on the screen and his fingers quickly tapped the buttons as he moved his character around looking for an opening.

Years of battle tactics and strategy foiled by an idiot and his drama-fueled instincts. Stephen was likely a little irate, even if he didn't let it show. Serge planned to use those emotions against him. Just like in his magick training, emotions were a powerful thing, affecting every action we did no matter how minor. In fact A true cultist would be able to see past the illusion of size, understanding that even the smallest of changes in behavior and emotions can have enormous ripple effects in the future.

His mind spurred through thoughts:

Would Stephen be effected by the initial lost? Yes, he was a hermetic. One of the most competitive and stubborn brand of mage. He was also a person who kept his emotions bottled up, as was evident from his small outburst in the library. Keeping emotions bottled up didn't mean that they didn't effect you. In fact, those who bottle up emotion often find them being driven by them even more than most.

How would his emotions effect him? What would Stephen do now? He would fall back to what he knows. Double-down on his training and strategize even more. Brushing aside the initial loss as simply a matter of chance and bad luck. He would account for Serge's movements from last time. Make sure to take all of Serge's possible action into consideration, no matter how risky. However, this would only delay his movements even more....

The Flambeau did seam to play even more strategically, avoiding the edges of the arena and moving in to take quick, cheap shots, from what you could see his tactics seamed to be avoid getting hit and widdeling down your health just a little so he would win when the time ran out if he could not bring it all the way down.

These thoughts were, at the end of the day, Serge's own theories. Whether they were true or not was not something he could tell. However he planned to use them nonetheless. In particular, Serge would begin to feint risky moves only to change back and forth between actually doing them and going for the safe option. Changing his playstyle rapidly in order to ensure that Stephen couldn't get accustomed to it. Exploiting the fact that the Hermetic could only account for so many option, and the revelation that the cultist was willing to use any and all methods available to him meant the mage so used to logical thinking now had to account for things entirely of his logical sphere.

Yoru more erratic play style did make Stephen play more carefully, through he continued to only use special moves when needed and relied on basic motions to take small amount of damage when he could, staying out of range as much as possible. Voldo was super fast but hard to control and he did not have much defense, Sophetia had speed and defense but her moves did not do allot of damage and fit the Hermetic's play style well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next