Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Adley Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "It is a bit unsettling, but aside from a moment when I picked up a fragment of... the Handler in Chicago, I've only had flashes of Teomim's memories, and I had to deliberately look for Farvalley... I suspect the influence from the inverted aspect of some of the shards is a greater concern, in both the long and short run, but knowing that I can, hm, call out some individuals might make it easier to follow Miss Florentine's path."

"We shall see."

He nodded, "Adley, I'm pretty sure you were present when I named the scribe, but I can write the names down for you, or temporary deafening Miss Mar will also be acceptable. As for magic not blocking Adley's voice - we've actually found in the past couple of months that that's not entirely accurate."

"Ah, him of course. Yes, sorry I must be getting tired," he nodded in reply to the part about the spirit. He wrote: 'You can modify if my voice is intelligible; this is very useful but not in this case, as it has to be used to call clearly in some manner.  I can use a written form of the Name and not speak it aloud, that has worked before.'
"Most interesting Mr Wainwright I did not think anything could magickally dampen my brother's voice. Like I said I am willing for you to render med deaf for the duration of the ritual so I will not hear the names of your spirit companions."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow about the news something could deal with Adley's magickally loud voice.
He smiled wryly, "Well, perhaps less dampening it, and more rendering it unintelligible past a certain point... Though I would hazard the bloody Serum could do the trick. And we're not testing that hypothesis."

"No thank you to that..." He looked very uncomfortable, especially given what they knew of the serum now.

Yes well no one is going to stick that bloody serum in my baby brother, and anyone who tries will have to deal with me!"
Helena declared which made Jeffry chuckle a bit.
"This rote you have to render spoken words unintelligible though is most fascinating Mr Wainwright I would love to see it demonstrated in practice."
The ice maga said and she looked quite interested.
Colin grinned, "Well, now, I'm afraid retribution for that would be on a first come first served basis. As for the rote - it's the same Scrambler as I've used before to render us invisible to magic. It doesn't block the sound, as we've found, but people outside it couldn't make out a single coherent word."
"Ah yes your scrambler Mr Wainwright, a most useful spell that, I am looking forward to learning it one day as we discussed."
Helena said with a smile.
"Hum interesting it scramble the words, yes that would make sense."
Colin shrugged, "Technically, it scrambled the magical signature of whatever is behind it - which includes such peculiarities as your brother's vocal amplification."
"Hum...interesting, do it use what the Traditions call Prime and Entropy magick?"
Helena asked sounding interesting.
Colin smiled, "Got it in one. If you like, I can show you."

He gave a slight smile at his sister as he called her the baby brother, looking amused.

He nodded, "I don't believe it likely anyone could have breached the security of their Names yet, though. I've been careful, and I largely trust the others who were present for the Namings to be discreet, too."

"Of course."

He nodded, "I'll just make sure it's vacant, then. And if you don't mind, I'll draw the circle."
"Very well Mr Wainwright, we will deal with initial cleansing of the room then and then my brother can cast the spell to block sounds from my ears while you make sure the room is available."
Helena agreed.

"As you wish."

"Agreed, often the ground work take more time than the ritual itself."
Helena said as she went with you to the basement. Arn waved to you passed him.
"Mr Wainwright said ritual room number two right?"
Helena asked on her way down the basement stairs.
"Hopefully it is not in use."

"Yes, the second one," he said.

// they thought they were being innovative with BART and everyone would jump on board, but nope. The carriage ride is not much better than Boston metro or NYC, especially considering how much older the other ones are - though BART is a bit faster in some areas if it's running right since the turns aren't as tight usually. BART screams like a whale too, it's so loud going under the Bay you can't hear anything. They made some new cars which are easier to clean and supposedly quieter, they keep patching the track and meanwhile service problems keep piling up (as well as other issues, like safety). I like that the aboveground streetcars that run electric (not the buses or trollies SF is famous for) come from all over and just need to be adjusted for the electricals, they're pretty cool.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:42 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"I would be most grateful Mr Wainwright, what would you like as payment in return?"
Helena asked eagerly.
Colin thought for a moment, "I've figured out how to create images of sight and sound from light and heat, and to amplify the kinetic force I can apply with my bare hands, but those things I had theorized around for years. How about how to weaponize available energy, like electricity from an outlet, or fire from ambient heat?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, him of course. Yes, sorry I must be getting tired," he nodded in reply to the part about the spirit. He wrote: 'You can modify if my voice is intelligible; this is very useful but not in this case, as it has to be used to call clearly in some manner. I can use a written form of the Name and not speak it aloud, that has worked before.'
He nodded, "If I write it down on the tablet before we begin, will that be good?"

[Steelhaven Kitchen.]
Anja wrote:"You have a shard cluster then? I...have heard about them, when I served onboard a post ship for a few years I considered going outside, each time we came across a shard storm or whatever you want to call it. I chickened out each time though...I mean even if it worked...what then..."
Micah said and he looked at you with a sigh.
"It seams to work well for you though Sir."
He nodded, "Quite right, but mine is rather unique, in that the core shard is conscious... and quite opinionated. Without such a core, it seems that a cluster will not be... sufficiently focused."
He paused, "Ah, my apologies, I didn't mean to dishearten you... it is, in fact, what I intend to ask Master Telar about; the chance of identifying such shards that might be large enough to form a new whole... and housing them in artificial Phylacteries to help them heal and reform. It... would need a brave person like yourself to try picking it up if it works..."

Anja wrote:"That might make the Old Man less inclined to smite you yes, even so, that is scary, Wrinkle freak me to hell out."
Ryan said with a shudder.
"Well I have to go and pass these incense sticks out so everyone can have them on hand if we are attacked again."
He said then the offered.
"Would you like one by the way Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled wryly, "He's not so bad, but keep some mint candies and peach blossom white tea in stock, just in case."
He looked over the handfuls of incense sticks, "Hm, don't mind if I do, any particular differences between the two batches, save the aroma?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:48 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"Now that is something I can help you with Mr Yager."
Jeffry said he went to a book shelf and rummaged around and came back with some blue prints.
"These was made the last time the building was renovated, it do not have the new additions of the training room, infirmary or the workshop in the garage but the rest is there."
He said and handed it to you.
"Please ask Master Sharaya if you can use his little printing press to make copies of the blue prints for your use."

Serge took the map and analyzed it. "Thanks. This will help out a ton. I'll ask Master Sharaya for copies as soon as I can."

[Steelhaven Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"It do not tire me Mr Yager."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow, or Master Nassa, or my sister, and I even see the Deaconess hurry up and down the stairs with nothing but a breather so I agree with our Cabalmate in this."
He added sternly.
"You need to be able to at least get yourself to safety if we are attacked."

"Alright fine. Maybe I'm the odd one." Serge said with a sigh. "And I can get myself to safety just fine. No need for you guys to worry."

[Steelhaven Crexia's Guestroom.]

Anja wrote:Crexia gave a measured smile.
"Please sit down young man, I am afraid I do not have any refreshments to offer but I can get you a glass of water."
The lich offered and she indicated one of the guest room's old, worn, yellow and brown chairs from the 70's.
"Well then you wanted to learn how to create a mental...redirect then?"
She asked.

Serge took a seat on the worn out chairs. "No problem. I'm not particularly thirsty." he said politely.

"Yes, a mental redirect sounds more in line with my style of magick than a straight up barrier. In the Cult of Ecstasy we're always taught to break our barriers and free ourselves, so creating one never sat right with me. But confusing an attacker by showing them a created reality and making them believe its the real thing....that sounds like what I do on a daily basis."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:23 pm

[Security Office]

"No thank you to that..." He looked very uncomfortable, especially given what they knew of the serum now.

"Yes I might be quite cross with anyone who injected any of my fili with that foul serum now that we know what it dos, unless it was a least line of defense if they where in Quiet and destructive and no other way could be found to control them."
Jeffry replied sternly.

He gave a slight smile at his sister as he called her the baby brother, looking amused.

Helena gave you a look and a wry smile at that.
"You will always be my baby brother Adley, even after you are old and gray and are a Master of the Art in your own right with doting apprentices at your feet, even then you will be my baby brother."

"As you wish."

Helena nodded at that as she headed for the basement.

Colin thought for a moment, "I've figured out how to create images of sight and sound from light and heat, and to amplify the kinetic force I can apply with my bare hands, but those things I had theorized around for years. How about how to weaponize available energy, like electricity from an outlet, or fire from ambient heat?"

"This is fairly basic fare for members of my House I have no issues with teaching you these arts in exchange for you showing me how to do your scrambling rote."
The ice maga agreed and she extended her hand towards Colin.
"Do we have an accord then Mr Wainwright?"

Serge took the map and analyzed it. "Thanks. This will help out a ton. I'll ask Master Sharaya for copies as soon as I can."

"Good, do you have what you need then Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked as he regarded the young Cultist with his stern, dark eyes.

[Basement]

"Yes, the second one," he said.

You got to the second ritual room and your sister opened the door. There was no one there but there was the sweet smell of spices and herbs in the air.
"Someone have used the room recently."
Helena said. The room was tidy but the smell of natural perfumes lingered.

[Kitchen]

He nodded, "Quite right, but mine is rather unique, in that the core shard is conscious... and quite opinionated. Without such a core, it seems that a cluster will not be... sufficiently focused."
He paused, "Ah, my apologies, I didn't mean to dishearten you... it is, in fact, what I intend to ask Master Telar about; the chance of identifying such shards that might be large enough to form a new whole... and housing them in artificial Phylacteries to help them heal and reform. It... would need a brave person like yourself to try picking it up if it works..."

"Yes indeed the ones I know with shard cluster Avatars have been able to do simple magick but nothing to advanced."
The Mercere said.
"Then again even with simple magick one can do allot. Your Avatar do sound marvelous though Sir."
Micah said and Mia smiled a little at that.
"I...have come to terms with...what I have lost Mr Wainwright."
The Red Cap begun softly, looking at you sadly.
"It is always a struggle but I will...survive, there are others though who if gathering shards become viable, need it far more than I, not that I would turn down the offer to become a mage again, through I have lived all these years, in part so my abusers will not win, at least they will not have killed me, or broken me, and part in the vain hope that perhaps some day, some how the Quintessence from my consumed soul will be...resurrected...a stupid hope I know, but a hope non the less and if that day comes she will need a host."
Micah wiped at his eyes and looked at you with pain filled eyes.
"I am sorry Mr Wainwright this is...hard to talk about."

He smiled wryly, "He's not so bad, but keep some mint candies and peach blossom white tea in stock, just in case."
He looked over the handfuls of incense sticks, "Hm, don't mind if I do, any particular differences between the two batches, save the aroma?"

"Mint candies? Incense sticks? I do not understand what that have to do with Old Man Wrinkle."
The Cultist replied sounding confused.
"Ah yes there is a difference, these here speed you up, and these here slow your enemy down, you just have to light them and the effect will last as long as the stick do. Now the effect is not extreme, but it might allow you to think and act twice as fast as normal, or make your enemy move half as fast, we are not talking The Flash here but it can still be quite useful."

[Infirmary]

"Alright fine. Maybe I'm the odd one." Serge said with a sigh. "And I can get myself to safety just fine. No need for you guys to worry."

"If you have a problem with four sets of stairs that say otherwise Serge, sorry to be so blunt about it but that degree of unfitness is a danger both during battle and to your general health."
Richard said with a frown.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Serge took a seat on the worn out chairs. "No problem. I'm not particularly thirsty." he said politely.

"Very well."
Crexia said and she sat down by the living room table, which also seamed to hail from the 1970's.

"Yes, a mental redirect sounds more in line with my style of magick than a straight up barrier. In the Cult of Ecstasy we're always taught to break our barriers and free ourselves, so creating one never sat right with me. But confusing an attacker by showing them a created reality and making them believe its the real thing....that sounds like what I do on a daily basis."

"The idea is fairly simple, you choose some information in your mind, and have your spell either show someone who try to read said information a plausible dummy, for example if you hide your candy box, you can show another location in your mind than the real one, or you can create something unpleasant and traumatizing and redirecting your opponent there if they try to access the forbidden parts of your mind. The first approach have the benefit that your opponent might not know they have been tricked, the second might damage their mind but is also fairly obvious so if your opponent is not scared or appalled enough they might try to break through your redirect spell."
The lich begun, and she looked at you to see if you where getting the concept.
"It is like the difference between setting up a dummy web page that looks real that someone searching for a specific topic ore redirected to, or sending them to a page full of unpleasant images and or viruses."
She added showing that she had a good grasp of modern technology.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

He nodded, "If I write it down on the tablet before we begin, will that be good?"

He nodded.

"Yes I might be quite cross with anyone who injected any of my fili with that foul serum now that we know what it dos, unless it was a least line of defense if they where in Quiet and destructive and no other way could be found to control them."
Jeffry replied sternly.
Helena gave you a look and a wry smile at that.
"You will always be my baby brother Adley, even after you are old and gray and are a Master of the Art in your own right with doting apprentices at your feet, even then you will be my baby brother.

He looked discomforted at entertaining the idea still but Helena's comment cheered him up a bit.

[Basement]

You got to the second ritual room and your sister opened the door. There was no one there but there was the sweet smell of spices and herbs in the air.
"Someone have used the room recently."
Helena said. The room was tidy but the smell of natural perfumes lingered.

"It smells pleasant, though there are a variety mixed together. It sort of smells like Old Corner used to, if you stood near the bricks...I always wondered if it was because it used to be an apothecary's once. It's a Chipotle now," he made a face at that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:02 pm

[Security Office]
Anja wrote:"Yes I might be quite cross with anyone who injected any of my fili with that foul serum now that we know what it dos, unless it was a least line of defense if they where in Quiet and destructive and no other way could be found to control them."
Jeffry replied sternly.
Colin glanced sideways at Adley, "Good thing that hasn't happened yet, then..."

Anja wrote:"This is fairly basic fare for members of my House I have no issues with teaching you these arts in exchange for you showing me how to do your scrambling rote."
The ice maga agreed and she extended her hand towards Colin.
"Do we have an accord then Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded and shook her hand firmly, "We have an accord. I can show you my rote after we've dealt with the spirits. I'm going to need to make myself a Focus for wielding the elements first, I think, so if you don't mind waiting a little while to teach me in return?"

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"Yes indeed the ones I know with shard cluster Avatars have been able to do simple magick but nothing to advanced."
The Mercere said.
"Then again even with simple magick one can do allot. Your Avatar do sound marvelous though Sir."
Micah said and Mia smiled a little at that.
"I...have come to terms with...what I have lost Mr Wainwright."
The Red Cap begun softly, looking at you sadly.
"It is always a struggle but I will...survive, there are others though who if gathering shards become viable, need it far more than I, not that I would turn down the offer to become a mage again, through I have lived all these years, in part so my abusers will not win, at least they will not have killed me, or broken me, and part in the vain hope that perhaps some day, some how the Quintessence from my consumed soul will be...resurrected...a stupid hope I know, but a hope non the less and if that day comes she will need a host."
Micah wiped at his eyes and looked at you with pain filled eyes.
"I am sorry Mr Wainwright this is...hard to talk about."
He nodded, and laid a hand gently on Micah's shoulder, barely even applying any pressure, "You're a good man, Mr. Gregario, and a credit to our Society. Let no-one tell you otherwise."

Anja wrote:"Mint candies? Incense sticks? I do not understand what that have to do with Old Man Wrinkle."
The Cultist replied sounding confused.
"Ah yes there is a difference, these here speed you up, and these here slow your enemy down, you just have to light them and the effect will last as long as the stick do. Now the effect is not extreme, but it might allow you to think and act twice as fast as normal, or make your enemy move half as fast, we are not talking The Flash here but it can still be quite useful."
He grinned, "When he visited me a couple of months ago, he let on his favourite tea blend. Since then, I keep it in stock. And our Primus gifted me his recipe book, with Wrinkle's favourite candies. Bribing the Powers That Be with food is one of the world's oldest traditions, you know..."
He looked at the incense and pondered for a moment, "Very well, then - I think I shall prefer the accelerant."
He picked out a stick, carefully slipped it into his breast pocket, and gave a small bow, "If you'll excuse me, then, I've got work to do."
He turned, and made his way downstairs.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 am

[Security Office]

Anja wrote:"Good, do you have what you need then Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked as he regarded the young Cultist with his stern, dark eyes.

"Well, I'll need to check my room to make sure. But I'm pretty sure I have everything." he said nervously, noticing the Hermetic's stern gaze.

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"If you have a problem with four sets of stairs that say otherwise Serge, sorry to be so blunt about it but that degree of unfitness is a danger both during battle and to your general health."
Richard said with a frown.

"Relax man. I'm perfectly healthy. Trust me." Serge said with a sigh.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:"The idea is fairly simple, you choose some information in your mind, and have your spell either show someone who try to read said information a plausible dummy, for example if you hide your candy box, you can show another location in your mind than the real one, or you can create something unpleasant and traumatizing and redirecting your opponent there if they try to access the forbidden parts of your mind. The first approach have the benefit that your opponent might not know they have been tricked, the second might damage their mind but is also fairly obvious so if your opponent is not scared or appalled enough they might try to break through your redirect spell."
The lich begun, and she looked at you to see if you where getting the concept.
"It is like the difference between setting up a dummy web page that looks real that someone searching for a specific topic ore redirected to, or sending them to a page full of unpleasant images and or viruses."
She added showing that she had a good grasp of modern technology.

Serge stayed quiet and listened to the archmaga's instruction carefully and nodded as he understood the concept she explained to him. "Yeah, I get it. Sounds simple enough. Create something within your imagination and have the spell show it to any intruders like it's a regular memory or thought. Like a painting so real they misinterpret it as photo of real events. I've been creating stuff like that in my head for as long as I can remember. Even before I started drawing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 am

[Jeffry's Office]

He looked discomforted at entertaining the idea still but Helena's comment cheered him up a bit.

Helena smiled a little then turned her attention back to the conversation.

"That is indeed fortunate."
Jeffry replied dryly.

He nodded and shook her hand firmly, "We have an accord. I can show you my rote after we've dealt with the spirits. I'm going to need to make myself a Focus for wielding the elements first, I think, so if you don't mind waiting a little while to teach me in return?"

"Certainly Mr Wainwright, do remember I am just visiting through, I will return to my home Chantry in San Fransisco soon so if it will take time to make your focus I might have to instruct you the next time I come to visit my Mentor and brothers."
Helena replied.

"Well, I'll need to check my room to make sure. But I'm pretty sure I have everything." he said nervously, noticing the Hermetic's stern gaze.

"Very well good luck with your working then Mr Yager."
Jeffry replied then he took a sip of his coffee.

[Basement]

"It smells pleasant, though there are a variety mixed together. It sort of smells like Old Corner used to, if you stood near the bricks...I always wondered if it was because it used to be an apothecary's once. It's a Chipotle now," he made a face at that.

"It did smell nice back in the day."
Helena replied.
"And yes this room do smell nice someone have probably worked with herbs or incenses."
She agreed as she walked into the ritual room.
"Ok then brother we should get to cleansing the room and making it ready for your ritual."

[Kitchen]

He nodded, and laid a hand gently on Micah's shoulder, barely even applying any pressure, "You're a good man, Mr. Gregario, and a credit to our Society. Let no-one tell you otherwise."

Micha looked at you sadly.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, it don't feel like that most days though. But I have to try through."
The Mercere said with a sigh.

He grinned, "When he visited me a couple of months ago, he let on his favourite tea blend. Since then, I keep it in stock. And our Primus gifted me his recipe book, with Wrinkle's favourite candies. Bribing the Powers That Be with food is one of the world's oldest traditions, you know..."

"I see even a Paradox spirit enjoy earthly pleasures. I am down with that."
Ryan said with a big smile.
"I might have to ask for that recepie then and get some of that tea."

He looked at the incense and pondered for a moment, "Very well, then - I think I shall prefer the accelerant."
He picked out a stick, carefully slipped it into his breast pocket, and gave a small bow, "If you'll excuse me, then, I've got work to do."

"Certainly here you go Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist said and he handed you the stick you had chosen.
"Just light it and you are ready to go."
He added then he nodded.
"Off course. I like I said have to get these out to everyone."
Ryan smiled to you and waved goodbye and left to do just that.

He turned, and made his way downstairs.

You got down to the basement, where you found Adley and Helena readying a herb scented ritual room.

[Infirmary]

"Relax man. I'm perfectly healthy. Trust me." Serge said with a sigh.

"At the moment you are Mr Yager but someone who are not fit have a much greater chance of contracting illnesses than if you take better care of yourself."
Richard grumbled.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Serge stayed quiet and listened to the archmaga's instruction carefully and nodded as he understood the concept she explained to him. "Yeah, I get it. Sounds simple enough. Create something within your imagination and have the spell show it to any intruders like it's a regular memory or thought. Like a painting so real they misinterpret it as photo of real events. I've been creating stuff like that in my head for as long as I can remember. Even before I started drawing."

"Yes that is exactly it Mr Yager...here let me create a dummy mind for your to practice on and then I will instruct you as to what to do."
Crexia said and she made several Hermetic gestures towards the ugly dark yellow vase on the table and then handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Yager your practice dummy. Try reading it's mind."
The lich instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"Very well good luck with your working then Mr Yager."
Jeffry replied then he took a sip of his coffee.

Serge nodded before asking one more question that was on his mind. "Just a small question. You said this ward should be completed quickly. When you say that, do you mean you want it done preferably by the end of the day?"

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:"Yes that is exactly it Mr Yager...here let me create a dummy mind for your to practice on and then I will instruct you as to what to do."
Crexia said and she made several Hermetic gestures towards the ugly dark yellow vase on the table and then handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Yager your practice dummy. Try reading it's mind."
The lich instructed.

"A dummy mind...." Serge said with a touch of awe in his voice as he took the vase. He had heard about such magick, those skilled enough could create consciousness and minds that could give golems sentience or cause items to move and think like a real person. Serge had always been fond of such magick, having always been wanted to create true 'life-like' illusions but knew that at his current skill level it would still be a far off skill to master.

"Wish the vase had eyes. Would've made this easier. You know what....I'm gonna call him vase-y." he said with a chuckle, holding the vase aloft and admiring the details on it. He imagined it having a face and mouth, formed from the gaudy designs that were detailed on it.

He closed his eyes, meditating and elevating his own mind to be able to sense the consciousness that Crexia had placed within it.

(OOC: Mind 3 to read the mind of the vase.  

Arete Roll: 2, 6, 7, 3 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:33 am

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'So it's just a supply dump. Let's seal up and get the fuck out of here.' Nicole replied, hoping that they'd be able to recover the items later.

['Screaming rails' is when the carriage axles are right on the edge of tolerances, a turn is being taken too fast and/or there's a lack of lubrication. This is fairly normal in subway systems (Tube ratings have been found to be 85db in places). But this is a problem exacerbated by poor maintenance, lack of refurbishments and of a system working at (or occasionally) beyond it's designed load capacity. So much of BARTs problems is simple under-investment and the 'silly gauge' has just been used as a handy excuse...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:54 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Serge nodded before asking one more question that was on his mind. "Just a small question. You said this ward should be completed quickly. When you say that, do you mean you want it done preferably by the end of the day?"

"Yes Mr Yager, that is exactly what I mean."
Jeffry replied sternly.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

"A dummy mind...." Serge said with a touch of awe in his voice as he took the vase. He had heard about such magick, those skilled enough could create consciousness and minds that could give golems sentience or cause items to move and think like a real person. Serge had always been fond of such magick, having always been wanted to create true 'life-like' illusions but knew that at his current skill level it would still be a far off skill to master.

"Indeed we can not have you accidentally harming the first person you try this on, so a dummy mind makes for good practice."
Crexia replied.

"Wish the vase had eyes. Would've made this easier. You know what....I'm gonna call him vase-y." he said with a chuckle, holding the vase aloft and admiring the details on it. He imagined it having a face and mouth, formed from the gaudy designs that were detailed on it.

"A perfect name for him Mr Yager."
The lich replied.
"I to like to work with eye contact, but it is good to move beyond our comfort zone now and again is it not?"
She added as she leaned back in her seat looking very much like a queen on a throne.

He closed his eyes, meditating and elevating his own mind to be able to sense the consciousness that Crexia had placed within it.

The vase very much knew he was a vase, he had been made by a creative hippie sometime in the 1960's and had eventually ended up in a flea market where a mage from Steelhaven had bought him. Since then he had enjoyed watching all the guests that had come by this room. Vase-y was quite happy to be a vase, he did his job, decorating the room and was contented with that.

[Warehouse]

'So it's just a supply dump. Let's seal up and get the fuck out of here.' Nicole replied, hoping that they'd be able to recover the items later.

"Agreed, how can I help with that?"
Herinetta said.
"I wonder what that portal thingy is though, it would make little sense to seal this place up if they can just grab things going in that way."
Jon replied then he looked down at his phone again.
"The dot that just appeared went into one of the other units, just someone picking something up then, or dropping something off."

(OOC: At least in Norway the trains are not that noisy, there are still noise but it is not intolerably bad.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 am

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Just to leave the unit. Unless you'd like to remain inside..?' giving a little grin to Henrietta.

Anja's Post:

'I know, but the Chief ain't really that worried about that. Plus, he doesn't want it all to come back to base and we don't really have the time to shift this; we don't just risk the Fallen finding us, but the Union too.' Nicole replied, giving a "what can we do" shrug, moving back out of the unit.

[The 'screaming' is amplified by tunnels]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:36 am

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"Certainly Mr Wainwright, do remember I am just visiting through, I will return to my home Chantry in San Fransisco soon so if it will take time to make your focus I might have to instruct you the next time I come to visit my Mentor and brothers."
Helena replied.
Colin nodded, "Well... that is a point. I might make do with my lighter or somesuch for the occasion."

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"I see even a Paradox spirit enjoy earthly pleasures. I am down with that."
Ryan said with a big smile.
"I might have to ask for that recepie then and get some of that tea."
He grinned, "He is a little unique in that regard, but I'm sure Master Steelhaven won't object to sharing the recipe with you. And I'll point you to my tea supplier."

Anja wrote:"Certainly here you go Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist said and he handed you the stick you had chosen.
"Just light it and you are ready to go."
He added then he nodded.
"Off course. I like I said have to get these out to everyone."
Ryan smiled to you and waved goodbye and left to do just that.
He nodded and strolled off.

[Basement]
Anja wrote:You got down to the basement, where you found Adley and Helena readying a herb scented ritual room.
He glanced around, "Alright, Mr. Darehill just made some incense sticks here - some mild accelerants and decelerants for combat. The lingering temporal resonances should be quite suitable for calling the time spirit, at least."
He sniffed the air lightly, "And I quite like the spicy aroma, too..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:46 am

[Warehouse]

'Just to leave the unit. Unless you'd like to remain inside..?' giving a little grin to Henrietta.

"The Nephandi would probably see me as a resource along the same line as these guns."
Henrietta said darkly.
"Ah...ehm I found some boxes of medical supplies as well by the way."
She added and then she headed out of the unit.

'I know, but the Chief ain't really that worried about that. Plus, he doesn't want it all to come back to base and we don't really have the time to shift this; we don't just risk the Fallen finding us, but the Union too.' Nicole replied, giving a "what can we do" shrug, moving back out of the unit.

"Yeah I know, I know. I could try to mess with the portal though, that is after all right up my alley."
Jon said with a bit of a grin.
"We would not bring anything with us but we would mess with the Nephandi if they tried to use their toy."

(OOC: I have to run sorry I will reply to Warp when I come home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:24 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... perhaps they can be recovered later.' Nicole replied, heading out of it herself.

Anja's Post:

A short pause before replying. 'Only mess about if you can reverse it. As far as I know, this is the only portal we have right now and might need it for the offensive.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:36 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin nodded, "Well... that is a point. I might make do with my lighter or somesuch for the occasion."

"I have a lighter my Pater had made for me as a tool when I first learned to manipulate forces around me, my apprentice use it now but I am sure he will be okey with you borrowing it Mr Wainwright, perhaps that would work for you for a tool for now"
Helena offered.

[Kitchen]

He grinned, "He is a little unique in that regard, but I'm sure Master Steelhaven won't object to sharing the recipe with you. And I'll point you to my tea supplier."

"Thanks I appreciate that Mr Wainwright if you really think that it might make the Old Man Wrinkle less likely to kick my butt if my magick angers him."
Ryan said with a grin.

[Basement]

He glanced around, "Alright, Mr. Darehill just made some incense sticks here - some mild accelerants and decelerants for combat. The lingering temporal resonances should be quite suitable for calling the time spirit, at least."

"Ah that will be really useful, even a small increase in reaction time can make for all the difference."
"And yes the Resonance of the room should be quite fitting then."

"I do so as well Mr Wainwright, it is quite nice."
The ice maga replied.

[Warehouse]

'Hmm... perhaps they can be recovered later.' Nicole replied, heading out of it herself.

"I am more concerned with Wallace Jace using the supplies to torture someone, but yes orders are orders."
Henrietta said with a sigh.

A short pause before replying. 'Only mess about if you can reverse it. As far as I know, this is the only portal we have right now and might need it for the offensive.'

"I can reverse it and it will wear of on it's own eventually."
Jon said.
"I am not skilled enough to permanently mess with a device like this."
He said and he was about to do something on his phone when you heard a young man's angry voice outside where Henrietta now was.
"You there...yeah you, are you the one renting that unit, yeah fuck you...fuck you! I might not be able to do anything about your shit but I just want to say fuck you!"
The man shouted clearly being a quite angry man. Jon froze then he looked at you as if to ask what he should do.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:45 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"Yes Mr Yager, that is exactly what I mean."
Jeffry replied sternly.

"Cool cool. No sweat. No sweat. I can do that. Just wanted to make sure." Serge said with a nod, looking a little bit more nervous than he did before.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:The vase very much knew he was a vase, he had been made by a creative hippie sometime in the 1960's and had eventually ended up in a flea market where a mage from Steelhaven had bought him. Since then he had enjoyed watching all the guests that had come by this room. Vase-y was quite happy to be a vase, he did his job, decorating the room and was contented with that.

"Yeah, you go Vase-y! You've certainly been on an adventure. Bet the hippie who made you is proud, seeing where you ended up." he said as images of the vases adventures and satisfaction filled his mind.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:46 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Cool cool. No sweat. No sweat. I can do that. Just wanted to make sure." Serge said with a nod, looking a little bit more nervous than he did before.

"Good, inform me when it is done Mr Yager."
Jeffry said firmly.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

"Yeah, you go Vase-y! You've certainly been on an adventure. Bet the hippie who made you is proud, seeing where you ended up." he said as images of the vases adventures and satisfaction filled his mind.

Vase-y did not respond, he was a vase after all. Crexia looked at you.
"Now then Mr Yager we will be working on your new friend there's memory of the woman who created him, can you see it? Being shaped on a spinning wheel, being burned, then glazed and burned again, see the memory of her hands with long, slender fingers, rough from working with clay and soil, the sound of her necklace beads clinking together, of being completed and admired...now this is the memory we will create a false memory for and intruder to see."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:51 pm

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'Any luck, the fucker won't have enough time to pull any more shit like that...'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but we might like need it in an hour...' Nicole began, though was cut off by the sound of the angry man. A short silence as the stared at the guy, trying to get a read of his "threat level", casually holding the hand with the pistol out of his view.

'And what the fuck did I do to you?' Nicole replied, staring the guy down.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:56 pm

[Security Office]

"That is indeed fortunate."
Jeffry replied dryly.

At the scrutiny he shuffled slightly - Colin, himself, his pater and Crexia all knew he'd had a throwback Quiet that could have been destructive, and two of them had actually been there to witness and get him through it with their help. And there were many stories, including some he'd recently heard of those that had not been so fortunate as to be stopped when their Quiets took them on a violent turn..."Yes, quite...fortunate."

[Basement]

"It did smell nice back in the day."
Helena replied.
"And yes this room do smell nice someone have probably worked with herbs or incenses."
She agreed as she walked into the ritual room.
"Ok then brother we should get to cleansing the room and making it ready for your ritual."
"Ah that will be really useful, even a small increase in reaction time can make for all the difference."

He nodded, and started fetching out the things they'd need from the supplies cupboard and giving the room a physical cleaning, sweeping the room, making sure any traces of previous chalking was gone. He looked up as Colin came into the room. "Fascinating," he said. "Well, it's a good thing we haven't cleared them yet, though usually I will clear out anyone else's working. We can clear it out after this one is Called, then..." He offered Colin out a piece of chalk. "You said you wished to do the honors, amicus."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:12 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
S7trif3 wrote:At the scrutiny he shuffled slightly - Colin, himself, his pater and Crexia all knew he'd had a throwback Quiet that could have been destructive, and two of them had actually been there to witness and get him through it with their help. And there were many stories, including some he'd recently heard of those that had not been so fortunate as to be stopped when their Quiets took them on a violent turn..."Yes, quite...fortunate."
Colin smiled thinly, "Not to worry, Amicus, if something happens, we'll do what we can to help you through it without incident."

Anja wrote:"I have a lighter my Pater had made for me as a tool when I first learned to manipulate forces around me, my apprentice use it now but I am sure he will be okey with you borrowing it Mr Wainwright, perhaps that would work for you for a tool for now"
Helena offered.
He nodded, "I think I will prefer my own - it may not have been intended as a Focus, but I still made the casing by hand. But thank you."

[Kitchen]
Anja wrote:"Thanks I appreciate that Mr Wainwright if you really think that it might make the Old Man Wrinkle less likely to kick my butt if my magick angers him."
Ryan said with a grin.
He chuckled, "Well, more likely you'll have the time to make your apologies and come up with a way to resolve the problem while he enjoys the tea and the piece of candy... which is a far better chance than most other of his kind would allow you. I don't think the Chief would approve of me just inviting him over for tea, though."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Ah that will be really useful, even a small increase in reaction time can make for all the difference."
He nodded, "At least for one of the spirits."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded, and started fetching out the things they'd need from the supplies cupboard and giving the room a physical cleaning, sweeping the room, making sure any traces of previous chalking was gone. He looked up as Colin came into the room. "Fascinating," he said. "Well, it's a good thing we haven't cleared them yet, though usually I will clear out anyone else's working. We can clear it out after this one is Called, then..." He offered Colin out a piece of chalk. "You said you wished to do the honors, amicus."
He took the chalk with a nod, "Before I draw the circle, would you lend me the tablet, so I can give you the Name?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:40 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin smiled thinly, "Not to worry, Amicus, if something happens, we'll do what we can to help you through it without incident."

"I will endeavor to do the same, though I hope we never have to make good on our assurances."

[Basement]

He took the chalk with a nod, "Before I draw the circle, would you lend me the tablet, so I can give you the Name?"

"Yes. Also, there is the matter of what you wish to offer the spirit in return, something suitable to offer in exchange for what you wish to ask them to do for you. This is customary. Offering a gift in addition is up to you, if you wish to get on their good side, or to strengthen your bonds." He offered out the tablet to him after making sure it was cleared off well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 pm

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Anja wrote:Vase-y did not respond, he was a vase after all. Crexia looked at you.
"Now then Mr Yager we will be working on your new friend there's memory of the woman who created him, can you see it? Being shaped on a spinning wheel, being burned, then glazed and burned again, see the memory of her hands with long, slender fingers, rough from working with clay and soil, the sound of her necklace beads clinking together, of being completed and admired...now this is the memory we will create a false memory for and intruder to see."

Serge nodded and looked deeper into Vase-y's mind to try and find the memories of his creation, looking for the women that the Master Lich described.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 pm

[Warehouse]

Any luck, the fucker won't have enough time to pull any more shit like that...'

"Yeah we can only hope."
Henrietta said with a sigh.

'Yeah, but we might like need it in an hour...' Nicole began, though was cut off by the sound of the angry man. A short silence as the stared at the guy, trying to get a read of his "threat level", casually holding the hand with the pistol out of his view.

Jon was about to reply when the argument started. Outside of the storage unit was a young man, he looked a bit like he had gotten stuck in the 80's or rather perhaps more accurate that he loved movies and music from the 80's was wanted to emulate the style and he was trying a bit to hard, he had a green mowhawk, with shaved sides, at least twenty rings in his right ear and a single cross dangling from the other. He was wearing a dark gray tshirt showing a unicorn doing unspeakable things to Rush Limbaugh, a spiked, black leather jacket, ripped jeans with several chains on it and heavy boots. He was handsome but now overly so, with a slightly round face with pale skin, green eyes and a silver ring in his nose and a stud under his lip. The man had put a box of what looked like crafting supplies down on the floor so he could point at Henrietta while shouting at her, he seamed angry as hell but not violent.

And what the fuck did I do to you?' Nicole replied, staring the guy down.

The young man turned his gaze to you and glared.
"Listen Lady I have heard the screams from that unit, and I saw those friends of yours drag a girl in there, whatever was happening she sure was not into it, so go fuck yourself! I know calling the cops out here will do no good, they don't give a shit I know, and it is not like I can do shit against...whatever the shit you guys are up to but I am telling you it is not right and you are fucking evil bastards!"
He shouted pointing a ring decorated finger at you, the other hand had a glove.
"So fuck off we are all just trying to survive here in this shitty part of town and you exploit those who have nothing, just stop it!"

[Security Office]

At the scrutiny he shuffled slightly - Colin, himself, his pater and Crexia all knew he'd had a throwback Quiet that could have been destructive, and two of them had actually been there to witness and get him through it with their help. And there were many stories, including some he'd recently heard of those that had not been so fortunate as to be stopped when their Quiets took them on a violent turn..."Yes, quite...fortunate."

"As Flambeau our lives will be filled with near misses."
Your Mentor said darkly, he did not add more details though.
"Well we have tasks to get to."

Jeffry gave you an approving look at that and nodded.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
He said softly.

He nodded, "I think I will prefer my own - it may not have been intended as a Focus, but I still made the casing by hand. But thank you."

"Very well then, as soon as there is time for such a lesson then I will teach you to manipulate the forces around you, turning the environment into weapons."
Helena promised.

[Kitchen]

He chuckled, "Well, more likely you'll have the time to make your apologies and come up with a way to resolve the problem while he enjoys the tea and the piece of candy... which is a far better chance than most other of his kind would allow you. I don't think the Chief would approve of me just inviting him over for tea, though."

"I don't think any of us would approve of you just inviting a Paradox spirit over for tea Mr Wainwright and particularly not that Paradox Spirit!"
Ryan exclaimed.
"Well if it would better my chances not to get erased or sent to a Paradox realm would be good."
He added wryly.
"Though I try to limit of much Dox I attract."

[Basement]

He nodded, and started fetching out the things they'd need from the supplies cupboard and giving the room a physical cleaning, sweeping the room, making sure any traces of previous chalking was gone. He looked up as Colin came into the room. "Fascinating," he said. "Well, it's a good thing we haven't cleared them yet, though usually I will clear out anyone else's working. We can clear it out after this one is Called, then..." He offered Colin out a piece of chalk. "You said you wished to do the honors, amicus."

"Yes it seams we are keeping the Resonances."
Helena agreed as she helped out with physically cleaning the room.
"We should be ready then as soon as you cast the before mentioned spell on me."

He nodded, "At least for one of the spirits."

"We could clean the room's energies between summonings."
Helena offered.

[Crexia's Guestroom]

Serge nodded and looked deeper into Vase-y's mind to try and find the memories of his creation, looking for the women that the Master Lich described.

You found the memories there of being formed, and burned and created, and of the woman who created the vase.
"Now if you have those memories, you have to think up what you want to redirect them to if someone where to read your new friend's mind, instead of seeing how it was created, what would they see?"
Crexia asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:19 pm

[Basement]

"Yes it seams we are keeping the Resonances."
Helena agreed as she helped out with physically cleaning the room.
"We should be ready then as soon as you cast the before mentioned spell on me."

He shook his head. He wrote onto the tablet and showed Colin and Helena: 'It will not matter if I cast such a spell to deafen your ears; you will still hear me. Silence spells that I cast do not affect my Voice at all. I do not think silences of others will work either, though they may to some degree if they are strong. If we scramble the Words, it will affect the casting. However, I will not speak the Name aloud, I will use written inscription and that I will not show you and do inner working magick. After, the wax can be warmed and arcane links removed just to be careful. Silent spells are harder for me but in this case I can use a re-written Name into Enochian.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next