Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 16 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:14 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Quite. Please do."

"The Deaconess said that the creature was a noble being who's now caught in between the land of the dead and the land of dreams. She can no longer create dreams so in order to avoid insanity from drifting into oblivion she needs to take them from others." Serge began to explain. "So I'm not the only one she's targeting. Anyone with powerful dreams is in danger. We'll need to warn Jane and Cava's guardians about this being as well."

He paused his explanation to give Colin sometime time to digest the information given.

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "It's not about treating magic as a corporate product, it's about teaching how to use it to those who don't yet know. You're not charging for magic, you're charging for tutoring, essentially for the time you've spent improving someone else. Not really different from college students having a small side income tutoring high school kids during weekends. And our society, like it or not, puts a value on our time for such endeavours, far higher than the modern world puts on honest work, so loudly proclaiming that you'll always teach for free will put you at a particularly disadvantaged position. I'm not saying you should set your price to 'an average' of what everyone else would charge, either. There's a going joke about women who have never exchanged sex for money, only for dinner and a movie - there's always something you'll want, that you'll consider fair exchange for a bit of your time, and you can put that up as the going rate, even if no-one else puts much of a value to it."

"I get what your saying Mr. Wainwright. I have to put prices on commissions for my art cause otherwise people would think I'm not a good artist or was a scammer. I wouldn't get requests from those who really need my services. So I make it cheaper than most." Serge said with a sigh. "But at the end of the day, I consider a persons smiling face and kind praise a fair exchange for any amount of time I've spent. I don't need to take anything more from them."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Three horrible memories, one worse than the other, to dissuade anyone trying to pry..."

"That's something I can do, if you want. Although Lady Crexia's spell work would be far superior to anything I can do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 16 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:27 pm

[Adley's Room]

"I'm sure she would be okay with you taking an apple. She made cookies earlier, god that was this morning..." He shook his head. "Hopefully though she'll have her appetite back soon. It's a good thing some of us can cook, at least." While Jon started to explain the problem, he hastily pulled down some of the books on the top bookshelf and stacked them neatly on his desk. Then he took out a small wooden box and put some little gemstone bits inside and tucked it up on the top shelf as well with some cotton balls and bits of cloth, to attract the spiderlings.

"I might take an apple."
Jon agreed then he sigh.
"Yeah I hope Bee get her appetite back once this whole re sentencing shit is done, your brother as well, they must be terrified, if it was me I..I...do not know what I would do."
The Virtual Adept said which a shudder, he looked at what you where doing and he looked a bit confused but he did not ask assuming it to be crazy mystic stuff.
"Yeah Bee is a good cook, and I am glad she is cooking again I just wish she would eat more o what she cooks herself."

Worcester," he made a bit of a face. "Where I landed unexpectedly, that was...something else.

"Yeah...well little mishaps in teleportation happens and you learned some space based magick from it right?"
The Virtual Adept replied with a slight smile.

Oh, huh...he's not talking about this kind of tablet, is he?" Adley asked, walking back over to Jon and showing him the wax tablet.

"Ehm...Adley you know it is 2015 right, the Roman republic have been gone for some time now."
Jon joked.
"No I am talking about a regular tablet, who run on batteries."

"Do you have an electronic one?"

"I have five."
The technomancer replied with a grin as he pulled one of them out of his bag.

He sat down nearby on the couch and then tried to explain. "Hermes, or Mercury, is a travelling godform, he protects travellers. To invoke or call forth that energy of him you make a specific kind of hexagram in a particular direction, the direction when you draw it is important, with a seal for his planetary influence. This represents his characteristics. There are reasons that his seal looks the way it does and not another way but to delve into that would be like you trying to teach me how to program something, but you can think of it in basics as calling forth a particular vibration that is sympathetic to the working. In this case, imagine that the sound or vibration represented by the sigil is the focus for my sodalis to teleport the others here and not somewhere else in the Tellurian. Six is a common number for representing the four cardinal directions, plus above and below, similar to coordinates. Drawing the hexagram in one direction from a particular starting point you can think of turning on, or drawing in, while drawing it the opposite is banishing, or turning it off and removing it. I can draw the figures for you, and I can also show you how to draw them and what they should look like," he offered.

"That ehm...I okey then."
Jon said and he seamed to not really understand a word of what you where saying and he tapped at the tablet and handed it to you.
"Here is a art app, I think perhaps it is best that you draw it..."
He said and he scratched his head.
"Where have you learned all of that stuff, from the Chief? Do all the planets have gods and symbols and directions and stuff?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:32 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... talking of no sympathy, what's wrong with that Prof Kwan in Seattle? We needed clearance for an mission there, and it was like a Vogon had joined the Society.'

[Yes, keeping a track on the IC date is difficult, esp if you're playing a multi-scene game.]

[It's 'Wooster' here. 'Glocester'/'Gloucester' is said the same way ('Glosta'). The question is: do you go to 'East Grennich' for the fishing or the waterfront?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

"Professor Kwan? The man is a self pompous fool, he always go on about how we where better of when we where with the Technocratic Union."
Dr Hadermann said with a frown.
"His Science is solid though, the man is quite skilled, but he have worse social skills than me and that is saying something."

(OOC: Yes it can be.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:33 pm

[Adley's room]

He nodded to Jon and took the tablet. Five? Seems excessive...you do know some members of the Order are still alive from that time?" He shrugged and traced the figures out, drawing them in the correct fashion and then explaining to Jon which was which, the sigil for Mercury looking as if it could fit into a square shape with an x dividing it into a diamond shape and circles in the quadrants. "These are known even amogst sleepers, used by hedge magicians as well but the more complex underpinning of them, yes I did learn under my pater's pater's tutelage." He drew the figure for mercury with his pinkie finger, associated with that planet. "There are a plethora of associations that hermetic and other occult mystic workers use. One can revisit the same material many times and, having learned a new layer of understanding, derive deeper meaning and context."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Which leads to the obvious question...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 pm

[Adley's room]

He nodded to Jon and took the tablet. Five? Seems excessive...you do know some members of the Order are still alive from that time?"

"Well have one to run an app, and another to work on and perhaps one to loan out, it is practical to have more than one and there are so many cool tablets out there I want them all."
Jon said and his eyes light up with enthusiasm.
"Yeah....like Lady Crexia right...ehm...she is a lich right...like a real life D&D lich?"

He shrugged and traced the figures out, drawing them in the correct fashion and then explaining to Jon which was which, the sigil for Mercury looking as if it could fit into a square shape with an x dividing it into a diamond shape and circles in the quadrants. "These are known even amogst sleepers, used by hedge magicians as well but the more complex underpinning of them, yes I did learn under my pater's pater's tutelage." He drew the figure for mercury with his pinkie finger, associated with that planet. "There are a plethora of associations that hermetic and other occult mystic workers use. One can revisit the same material many times and, having learned a new layer of understanding, derive deeper meaning and context."

"Well I guess but I do not understand what some squiggles can do. I guess there is some logic to using such symbols as a method to identify information so you can find the correct entry into the filing system."
Your Cabalmate replied.
"In the great computer simulation I mean, or reality as you might know it as, but while I can see some logic to it I just do not get it."
He muttered.
"Is there a reason why you are using your pinkie finger to draw? I am only asking since you are always using those hand gestures...ehm are the ones you use related to the ones Richard do?"
The Virtual Adept said and he scratched his head and looked at you as you drew the symbols on the tablet.
"Is this really gonna help that Thig make a portal?"
He asked skeptically.

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Which leads to the obvious question...'

"Yeah ehm...I am sorry Scientist Bouchard but I am not good at figuring out what is meant by pointed obvious questions I am a rather direct person. I am terribly sorry."
Dr Hadermann said without a hint of sarcasm it was clear he did not understand what you meant.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:30 pm

[Adley's room]

"Not quite like that, but a lich yes." As Jon talked about squiggles, he chuckled. "I don't understand computer programs either, it looks like a bunch of numbers. We use different gestures for differing applications, they are not the same but the basic concept of forming a hand symbol to make a specific combination of effect is the same. The pinkie finger is related to Mercury, also it is easier to use a small finger if I'm not using a stylus, I want the symbol to be accurate. Sloppy work is poor quality, not something you want while telepirting."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

A sigh before the younger Etherite elaborated. 'If he thinks we were better off back in the Electrodyne days, why the hell is he with us? And more importantly, what makes folk sure that he's not going to pack up all his gear and report to the nearest Union base one day?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:58 am

[Adley's room]

"Not quite like that, but a lich yes."

"I wonder how that happened."
Jon said and he raised an eyebrow.

As Jon talked about squiggles, he chuckled. "I don't understand computer programs either, it looks like a bunch of numbers.

"It is a bunch of numbers really, but it is a bunch of numbers with meaning."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.

We use different gestures for differing applications, they are not the same but the basic concept of forming a hand symbol to make a specific combination of effect is the same. The pinkie finger is related to Mercury, also it is easier to use a small finger if I'm not using a stylus, I want the symbol to be accurate. Sloppy work is poor quality, not something you want while telepirting."

"No you do not want that indeed."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"Teleporting have to be precise or you can end up inside of a wall."
He said with a frown.
"Well what you say do make sense."

[Nicole's Apartment]

A sigh before the younger Etherite elaborated. 'If he thinks we were better off back in the Electrodyne days, why the hell is he with us? And more importantly, what makes folk sure that he's not going to pack up all his gear and report to the nearest Union base one day?'

"Hum...well it is a possibility and a worrying some but without any proof that Professor Kwan have done anything wrong it is not an accusation one can make."
Dr Hadermann replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:48 am

[Adley's room]

"I wonder how that happened."
Jon said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Some things are private..."

"It is a bunch of numbers really, but it is a bunch of numbers with meaning."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.

"Well, we use numbers for meanings too. Different ones, and different uses. Symbols and other correspondences are built up as well, and it makes sense to us."

"No you do not want that indeed." The young Virtual Adept said. "Teleporting have to be precise or you can end up inside of a wall." He said with a frown. "Well what you say do make sense."

"House Thig are an adaptation as far as I understand, they use modern tools but the correspondences that they apply  are built upon the same foundation as the older ones. Hermetics have been applying ars conjunctionalis before computers existed, so we had to figure it out somehow and the way they did that was through a system of correspondences. But after these tools arose, some found a way to implement them to do the same work as before and turn tools of the Technocracy against them while they're at it. Well, let me see..." He looked over his figures to make sure they were accurate and then nodded, handing it over to Jon. "This should satisfy my sodalis' needs, if they need anything else let me know. Do exactly as they instruct with the tablet."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 am

[Adley's room]

"Some things are private..."

"I guess so but information want to be free and I am curious."
The Virtual Adept said.

"Well, we use numbers for meanings too. Different ones, and different uses. Symbols and other correspondences are built up as well, and it makes sense to us."

"Built up? As like layers of them?"
Jon asked and he cocked his head to the side looking at you.

"House Thig are an adaptation as far as I understand, they use modern tools but the correspondences that they apply are built upon the same foundation as the older ones. Hermetics have been applying ars conjunctionalis before computers existed, so we had to figure it out somehow and the way they did that was through a system of correspondences. But after these tools arose, some found a way to implement them to do the same work as before and turn tools of the Technocracy against them while they're at it.

"That is really smart actually, and everything that annoy the union I am in favor of."
Your Cabalmate said.
"So they are ehm...techno wizards in way way? House Thig I mean?"

Well, let me see..." He looked over his figures to make sure they were accurate and then nodded, handing it over to Jon. "This should satisfy my sodalis' needs, if they need anything else let me know. Do exactly as they instruct with the tablet."

Jon took the tablet and he gave it a skeptical look but he nodded.
"Ok thanks Adley. I should get down to the ritual room then and put this there and text the House Thig member back so we can get our reinforcements and then go kick some Nephandi butts for they really have some butts in need of kicking."
He said and stood.
"I appreciate the help."
He added with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 am

[Adley's room]

"I guess so but information want to be free and I am curious."
The Virtual Adept said.

"I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. And I do caution asking her about it out of the blue. Arcane or not, if she's not in a favorable mood to discuss such a personal question, it may not be received well and she might remember it."

"Built up? As like layers of them?"
Jon asked and he cocked his head to the side looking at you.

"Yes. Layers of meaning, that span centuries."

"So they are ehm...techno wizards in way way? House Thig I mean?"

"Yes, basically. The last time I saw an Adept and Thig worked together they made a huge almost computer game looking portal thing. It was...strange, but it worked."

Jon took the tablet and he gave it a skeptical look but he nodded.
"Ok thanks Adley. I should get down to the ritual room then and put this there and text the House Thig member back so we can get our reinforcements and then go kick some Nephandi butts for they really have some butts in need of kicking."
He said and stood.
"I appreciate the help."

"Yes, I should get ready myself." He stood up and showed him to the door. Once he was gone, he took a pit stop through is rooms to get ready. He looked in his closet for things that they might need to take with them, having learned from the last two what might come in handy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 am

[Adley's room]

"I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. And I do caution asking her about it out of the blue. Arcane or not, if she's not in a favorable mood to discuss such a personal question, it may not be received well and she might remember it."

"Good advice...I would not want a two thousand year old archmage pissy at me, that would be bad, I can't help but wonder though, I wonder if she sold her soul to something...odd."
Jon said and he looked rather to curious.

"Yes. Layers of meaning, that span centuries."

"But why do the universe need to be told the same thing in so many different ways?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

"Yes, basically. The last time I saw an Adept and Thig worked together they made a huge almost computer game looking portal thing. It was...strange, but it worked."

"Ohhh that sounds so cool...now I want to make a portal like that...I can't make proper portals yet though, not that someone else can step through."
Jon sigh.
"Which I have been reminded of a few times today, that I can't teleport cars and shit."

"Yes, I should get ready myself." He stood up and showed him to the door.

"See you later Adley, thanks again."
Jon said with a wave before he headed down the hall.

Once he was gone, he took a pit stop through is rooms to get ready. He looked in his closet for things that they might need to take with them, having learned from the last two what might come in handy.

You stocked up on supplies you might need, weapons, wet wipes, a clean shirt, your cheapest clothes since they might be full of Nephandus, Labyrinth or both by the end of the mission.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:15 am

[Adley's room]

"Good advice...I would not want a two thousand year old archmage pissy at me, that would be bad, I can't help but wonder though, I wonder if she sold her soul to something...odd."
Jon said and he looked rather to curious.

"More good advice: it is not wise to suggest to Hermetics that they sold their soul, not to anyone, nor to gain an ability or power."

"But why do the universe need to be told the same thing in so many different ways?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

"The Tellurian unfolds in a lot of different ways, under many Names and guises. Each of us have access to only parts of it at any one time, usually. And, maybe the Tellurian is telling us instead of us telling it...and sometimes we tell one another if we listen to it, at least. But some ways are more essential than others, they may have nuanced applications depending on what you are trying to do."

"Ohhh that sounds so cool...now I want to make a portal like that...I can't make proper portals yet though, not that someone else can step through."
Jon sigh. "Which I have been reminded of a few times today, that I can't teleport cars and shit."

He raised an eyebrow. "Should I ask? Portals and gates are extremely hard, as is teleporting a car, and accrues a lot of paradox in these times."

"See you later Adley, thanks again." Jon said with a wave before he headed down the hall.

"I am glad I could assist." After he got some stuff together, including spare socks he packed it up ready to go along with duct tape, twine and whatever else he could glean and then proceeded with his patrol.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:29 am

[Adley's room]

"More good advice: it is not wise to suggest to Hermetics that they sold their soul, not to anyone, nor to gain an ability or power."

"Ah I see...well like I said I would not want to cause offense. I guess I will not ask Lady Crexia about this, but it would be cool if she was like some fantasy lich."
Jon said and he scratched his head.

The Tellurian unfolds in a lot of different ways, under many Names and guises. Each of us have access to only parts of it at any one time, usually. And, maybe the Tellurian is telling us instead of us telling it...and sometimes we tell one another if we listen to it, at least. But some ways are more essential than others, they may have nuanced applications depending on what you are trying to do."

"I guess...that makes sense but I have to say your Paradigm do not...it seams rather...ehm...strange from my point of view."
Your Cabalmate said.
"But I can see that it works for you."

He raised an eyebrow. "Should I ask? Portals and gates are extremely hard, as is teleporting a car, and accrues a lot of paradox in these times."

"I guess people are so used to Master Sharaya playing taxi they get disappointed that I can only teleport stuff around."
Jon said with a sigh.
"It can still cause a bit of Dox though...as seen with my Arcane beefing up."

"I am glad I could assist."

Jon smiled and nodded and he gave you a wave with his hand as he left.

After he got some stuff together, including spare socks he packed it up ready to go along with duct tape, twine and whatever else he could glean and then proceeded with his patrol.

When you got up towards the attic on your patrol you heard Bee shout in surprise, it was not a cry of pain or fear but rather of surprise, almost like if someone had seen something they thought was impossible.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"The Deaconess said that the creature was a noble being who's now caught in between the land of the dead and the land of dreams. She can no longer create dreams so in order to avoid insanity from drifting into oblivion she needs to take them from others." Serge began to explain. "So I'm not the only one she's targeting. Anyone with powerful dreams is in danger. We'll need to warn Jane and Cava's guardians about this being as well."

He paused his explanation to give Colin sometime time to digest the information given.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I agree. Will you pass on that warning, then? Also, what did the Deaconess say about a safe cabinet or somesuch near the door, where we can stock some iron for you?"

Jeremy wrote:"I get what your saying Mr. Wainwright. I have to put prices on commissions for my art cause otherwise people would think I'm not a good artist or was a scammer. I wouldn't get requests from those who really need my services. So I make it cheaper than most." Serge said with a sigh. "But at the end of the day, I consider a persons smiling face and kind praise a fair exchange for any amount of time I've spent. I don't need to take anything more from them."
He chuckled, "Well, asking for a smile and a positive Yelp review, as it were, would be setting a price on your time, and one that would be legally solid, I suppose. That's another aspect of the problem; if you don't ask for payment of any sort, the legal system may decide you are still owed, and that means the people you teach will be stuck worrying about when the other shoe will drop. Stating a set price, and then following up with forgoing it for the occasion, means you have formally refused payment, and can't legally pursue the student later, which will be a far greater relief to your prospective students than just being told not to worry about payment on the day you give instruction."

Jeremy wrote:"That's something I can do, if you want. Although Lady Crexia's spell work would be far superior to anything I can do."
He smiled wryly, "Well, she does have some 2500 years more experience with it, give or take. But you have great potential, all the same. And I don't need to have indestructible gates on my mind, just ones that will impede any prospective intruders. If you've ever heard of how the Monkey King brought down the walls of heaven?"

((OOC: Worcester's fine, but what about Jeeves? Wink ))

((OOC: Back to Hyrule I go. Got one Divine Beast dealt with, three more to go... And a LOT of other stuff to find and beat. Some of those monsters are just a wee bit OP against poor widdle Link; I need stronger weapons and armor...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:15 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I agree. Will you pass on that warning, then? Also, what did the Deaconess say about a safe cabinet or somesuch near the door, where we can stock some iron for you?"

"Sure thing, I'll pass the warning along when I see the Masters. Anyways the banshees scared of cold iron just as all fae are. Deaconess O'Connor said that she would endure anything she needed to in order to keep her castle safe. She's fine with me carrying iron and having a cabinet full of cold iron in the chantry's entrance." Serge replied.

"The Deaconess also said that the only way to fully get rid of the banshee is to destroy it. She mentioned finding a warrior of courage and strength who could see the immaterial and the things of dreams. Someone who could destroy both." the cultist said, continuing his report. "The strange thing is....I asked her if the warrior was suppose to destroy this banshee. She said she couldn't say. That that might be the case or it might not be. Either way this warrior's suppose to be a great protector from our cabal. Which is basically most of our cabal."

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Well, asking for a smile and a positive Yelp review, as it were, would be setting a price on your time, and one that would be legally solid, I suppose. That's another aspect of the problem; if you don't ask for payment of any sort, the legal system may decide you are still owed, and that means the people you teach will be stuck worrying about when the other shoe will drop. Stating a set price, and then following up with forgoing it for the occasion, means you have formally refused payment, and can't legally pursue the student later, which will be a far greater relief to your prospective students than just being told not to worry about payment on the day you give instruction."

"Man, I wouldn't sue anyone for anything. Wouldn't want to wade through that bureaucracy and hell, I wouldn't even know how to start that process. In both the magick and lame worlds." Serge said with a sigh. "But yeah, I know. No one can fully trust anyone. I'll think about it...."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Well, she does have some 2500 years more experience with it, give or take. But you have great potential, all the same. And I don't need to have indestructible gates on my mind, just ones that will impede any prospective intruders. If you've ever heard of how the Monkey King brought down the walls of heaven?"

"Everyone knows about Sun Wukong." Serge said with a slight smile. "Although that's mainly from DBZ. Always liked reading about his story and seeing how he pops up seemingly everywhere. I can set up those walls here if you want. Although Lady Crexia did mention that she was talking with Master Morgan about how they were going to do the mind protection for us. Don't know what their planning but it might be risky to do something without checking with them, just in case something I do impedes something they plan on doing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 pm

[Adley's room]

"Ah I see...well like I said I would not want to cause offense. I guess I will not ask Lady Crexia about this, but it would be cool if she was like some fantasy lich."
Jon said and he scratched his head.

"If you are so interested, there may be some books in the library on the topic of hermetic lichdom, though you may need to read Latin."

"I guess...that makes sense but I have to say your Paradigm do not...it seams rather...ehm...strange from my point of view."
Your Cabalmate said.
"But I can see that it works for you."

He shrugged. "There is more than one way to create a program, isn't there? You can have preferences, or were taught one way or another, and learn on your own. From what you learn, you make new ways to do things. The Technocracy want us to do things in a set number of approved of ways...because they don't understand how we do things and can't control it. We deviate from their norm."

I guess people are so used to Master Sharaya playing taxi they get disappointed that I can only teleport stuff around." Jon said with a sigh. "It can still cause a bit of Dox though...as seen with my Arcane beefing up."

"Well, relying on him too much has also cost him a great deal...he is not a taxi service. It's easy to forget how much it costs when you're not the one paying it, but we need to be more aware of that."

[Attic]

When you got up towards the attic on your patrol you heard Bee shout in surprise, it was not a cry of pain or fear but rather of surprise, almost like if someone had seen something they thought was impossible.

He started in surprise at the sound and then darted towards it - he assumed it was Bee, in the infirmary...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Not accusing anyone of anything. But you have to admit it's a bit odd... wait. Was Kwan one of the original group who walked out with Spence?' giving a frown while continuing to load ammo.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm

[Adley's room]

"If you are so interested, there may be some books in the library on the topic of hermetic lichdom, though you may need to read Latin."

"Yeah I might be out of luck then, I do not really speak a word Latin."
Jon said and he scratched his head again and he gave you a Hermetics and their dead languages look.

He shrugged. "There is more than one way to create a program, isn't there? You can have preferences, or were taught one way or another, and learn on your own. From what you learn, you make new ways to do things. The Technocracy want us to do things in a set number of approved of ways...because they don't understand how we do things and can't control it. We deviate from their norm."

"Hey I did not say I did not approve of how you do things Adley, just that to me it seams rather alien, I do not understand how a symbol or what finger it is drawn with, can help affect anything, but you do you and it clearly do work for you so all good."
The Virtual Adept replied with a shrug.
"And yeah there is allot of ways to create programs."

Well, relying on him too much has also cost him a great deal...he is not a taxi service. It's easy to forget how much it costs when you're not the one paying it, but we need to be more aware of that."

"That is true, master Sharaya do allot, and many take advantage of that and ask more of him than they should, he is to nice at times, the man do not know how to say no."
Your Cabalmate agreed with a nod.

[Attic]

He started in surprise at the sound and then darted towards it - he assumed it was Bee, in the infirmary...

You rushed up the stairs just in time to see Master Nassa rush out of the infirmary.
"She is in the chapel, she woke up and wanted to go and ground and center herself. I warned her that her magick might seam different to her but it might still have surprised her."
The Verbena explained as he guessed why you where running up the stairs.

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Not accusing anyone of anything. But you have to admit it's a bit odd... wait. Was Kwan one of the original group who walked out with Spence?' giving a frown while continuing to load ammo.

"Yes well I guess the man is indeed a bit odd."
Dr Hadermann admitted.
"Yes he was a port of the original group that left the Union, he was just an apprentice at the time though, why where you asking Scientist Bouchard?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:12 pm

[Adley's room]

"Yeah I might be out of luck then, I do not really speak a word Latin."
Jon said and he scratched his head again and he gave you a Hermetics and their dead languages look.

He smiled, teasing a little. "I'm sure someone has an app for that?"

"Hey I did not say I did not approve of how you do things Adley, just that to me it seams rather alien, I do not understand how a symbol or what finger it is drawn with, can help affect anything, but you do you and it clearly do work for you so all good."

He nodded. "Yes, I know you didn't. It's just that sometimes, we can be dismissive of what we don't understand, or afraid, and that can lead to a dangerous mindset. I'm not suggesting that you have that mindset, though. There are of course some things that are dangerous to understand as well, it's a fine line, drawn by wisdom." He looked thoughtful. "When you're trying to do something and it's not working right, do you ever indulge in something superstitious? For example, having lucky socks, if they're an athlete and wearing them before an important game."

"That is true, master Sharaya do allot, and many take advantage of that and ask more of him than they should, he is to nice at times, the man do not know how to say no."
Your Cabalmate agreed with a nod

"I worry about him..."

You rushed up the stairs just in time to see Master Nassa rush out of the infirmary.
"She is in the chapel, she woke up and wanted to go and ground and center herself. I warned her that her magick might seam different to her but it might still have surprised her."
The Verbena explained as he guessed why you where running up the stairs.

He braked to a stop as he saw the Verbena rush out, stumbling a bit. "I'll go check on her, sir..." Then he turned and headed off to the chapel instead.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Sure thing, I'll pass the warning along when I see the Masters. Anyways the banshees scared of cold iron just as all fae are. Deaconess O'Connor said that she would endure anything she needed to in order to keep her castle safe. She's fine with me carrying iron and having a cabinet full of cold iron in the chantry's entrance." Serge replied.

"The Deaconess also said that the only way to fully get rid of the banshee is to destroy it. She mentioned finding a warrior of courage and strength who could see the immaterial and the things of dreams. Someone who could destroy both." the cultist said, continuing his report. "The strange thing is....I asked her if the warrior was suppose to destroy this banshee. She said she couldn't say. That that might be the case or it might not be. Either way this warrior's suppose to be a great protector from our cabal. Which is basically most of our cabal."
Colin frowned, "Well, I can see the immaterial, and Lady Mara has referred to my visions of the future as 'dreams' before... It's not a responsibility I would want, though, if killing can be avoided... "

Jeremy wrote:"Man, I wouldn't sue anyone for anything. Wouldn't want to wade through that bureaucracy and hell, I wouldn't even know how to start that process. In both the magick and lame worlds." Serge said with a sigh. "But yeah, I know. No one can fully trust anyone. I'll think about it...."
He nodded, "You're starting to get it, I think... It's not about whether you would sue someone over that, but about whether you could. Which is why I rather favour the equivalent exchange practice - a spell for a spell - as that does help with sharing magic more than just teaching it for free."

Jeremy wrote:"Everyone knows about Sun Wukong." Serge said with a slight smile. "Although that's mainly from DBZ. Always liked reading about his story and seeing how he pops up seemingly everywhere. I can set up those walls here if you want. Although Lady Crexia did mention that she was talking with Master Morgan about how they were going to do the mind protection for us. Don't know what their planning but it might be risky to do something without checking with them, just in case something I do impedes something they plan on doing."
He arched an eyebrow, "DBZ? Ah, no matter... Hum, that's a fair point, though, let's get around to checking with them first. But if you feel up to the task, and there won't be a problem with interference from it, I'd be glad to have you set up the wards... Just be warned, the memories... the experiences I would set up as barriers are indescribably painful and terrifying. You would not want to risk examining them while erecting the wards."

((OOC: Y'know, Adley would know that Colin's done a bit of research on lichdom... after it came up a few times, along with phylacteries, back in the previous troubles. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:52 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Meant "odd" as in the situation where a Professor has a rather clear hankering for the Union's way of doing things remaining with us, but yeah.' Nicole replied. 'Why was I asking? No real reason. Was wondering perhaps he's got like "buyers remorse" and is taking it out on everyone else.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 am

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin frowned, "Well, I can see the immaterial, and Lady Mara has referred to my visions of the future as 'dreams' before... It's not a responsibility I would want, though, if killing can be avoided... "

"That would be handy. But you weren't able to see the banshee when it attacked me remember? Kinda hard to be a warrior when you can't see the thing your fighting. Although your still probably the closest one." Serge replied. "I tried to figure out some way to avoid killing. But the Deaconess seemed adamant that killing her was the most merciful thing we could do. I'm still not 100% on that though. There's never only a singular option when magick is involved. And they always found a way in the stories."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "You're starting to get it, I think... It's not about whether you would sue someone over that, but about whether you could. Which is why I rather favour the equivalent exchange practice - a spell for a spell - as that does help with sharing magic more than just teaching it for free."

"As long as it doesn't cost me an arm, a leg, and a brother." Serge said, chuckling quite a bit at that statement. "If I wanted to set a price it would be a spell for a spell. Or a magick item. Still wouldn't feel right about it. But I guess I could always think of it as a completely unrelated gift being given to me, even if its not the case."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "DBZ? Ah, no matter... Hum, that's a fair point, though, let's get around to checking with them first. But if you feel up to the task, and there won't be a problem with interference from it, I'd be glad to have you set up the wards... Just be warned, the memories... the experiences I would set up as barriers are indescribably painful and terrifying. You would not want to risk examining them while erecting the wards."

"Lady Crexia taught me specifically how to do that. Move memories without observing them directly. I placed one of Lady Crexia's memories inside of a vase in the guest and I have no idea what it is." Serge said. "Ok that's a lie. I asked her afterwards. It was the memory of her doing paperwork."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next