Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:09 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "Yet Spartacus was recorded as someone who at least tried to instill some discipline, but failed... Hum, I suppose I will get his perspective on things, too, soon enough..."

"His army grew to quickly and was filled with those who where angry and wanted revenge more than anything. But Spartacus himself tied to hold order."
Crexia agreed reluctantly.

He chuckled, "And here I thought you had simply been one of his priestesses, or something... Though I do suppose that does shine some light on how you've been able to remain so vital for so long."
He paused, adding softly, "I'd guessed you were around 2500 years old, from some time early in the Roman Republic, but you had already made a name for yourself by then, weren't you?"

"Yes for me lichdom was not needed to get immortality I was already immortal, but I became a lich so I could join the Order of Hermes, since it had rather shaky legal grounds for magickal creatures to join...but no the priestess was my mother, I am the result of a priestess getting a little to close to a God."
The ancient Hermetic said with a chuckle.
"And yes by that time I was running a household and being a high ranking member of the Cult of Mercury. I had even won for myself the right to vote even if I am a woman."

He sighed, "This might be a novel idea for you, but there needs to be an end to punishment, or things will eventually come full circle; every time a vengeance is exacted, the world becomes a little darker. I did reference the... other god's policy of 'an eye for an eye', but you know, that policy will eventually make the whole world blind... We have to be merciful and end punishment when there's no deterrence or lesson left. Punishment merely for the sake of retribution is... there is no justice in it, and very little satisfaction, if any. As for the Euthanatos, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help anyway, but the Giovanni would have to be paid..."

"I...guess you are correct Mr Wainwright...even punishment of the guilty must eventually end, and there are little reason any more to keep it up there are no hordes of slaves to scare into submission by a powerful example of the cost of rebellion."
The lich lady said and she sounded a bit regretful about that.
"And beside I would rather free them of their suffering than let Wallace Jace have more soldiers for his undead army."

He sniffed the air, "Perhaps not so much precise spellcasting, as much as I think perhaps I'm picking up some of Master Steelhaven's quirks as he is preparing to leave everything behind. I can tell how much longer the spell will last, but the timing was admittedly rougher as I was casting it. Hum, well... practice makes perfect."

"Hum...well a precise sense of timing can be a most useful skill Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a nod.
"Indeed so and yet the spell was well cast and did it's job, it is a...interesting little ward."
She commented looking around, presumably at the woven smagick itself.

He saluted her, "Very well, Ma'am, I will likely see you again by the time we head into battle again, then."

"I would think so as I intend to be on that strike team, I am an old commander from the war against Diedne though I can be quite handy in a fight."
She said with a measured smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"His army grew to quickly and was filled with those who where angry and wanted revenge more than anything. But Spartacus himself tied to hold order."
Crexia agreed reluctantly.
Colin nodded, "That is often the problem with charismatic leaders; their underlings recruit others without discretion, and then suddenly, you've got frenzied mobs who stop listening to what the leader actually said... Hum, that does rather describe Christianity, as well, come to think of it..."

Anja wrote:"Yes for me lichdom was not needed to get immortality I was already immortal, but I became a lich so I could join the Order of Hermes, since it had rather shaky legal grounds for magickal creatures to join...but no the priestess was my mother, I am the result of a priestess getting a little to close to a God."
The ancient Hermetic said with a chuckle.
"And yes by that time I was running a household and being a high ranking member of the Cult of Mercury. I had even won for myself the right to vote even if I am a woman."
He let out a soft, impressed whistle, "That would have been virtually unique back then, wouldn't it? Can't have been many matriarchs who held their house's vote, could there?"

Anja wrote:"I...guess you are correct Mr Wainwright...even punishment of the guilty must eventually end, and there are little reason any more to keep it up there are no hordes of slaves to scare into submission by a powerful example of the cost of rebellion."
The lich lady said and she sounded a bit regretful about that.
"And beside I would rather free them of their suffering than let Wallace Jace have more soldiers for his undead army."
He nodded, "You know... I'm rather looking all the more forward to facing Jace again; last time, I could not fight him due to being in the middle of a crowded hospital, but now... he won't have that luxury."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well a precise sense of timing can be a most useful skill Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a nod.
"Indeed so and yet the spell was well cast and did it's job, it is a...interesting little ward."
She commented looking around, presumably at the woven smagick itself.
He smiled smugly, "It's very practical - security through obfuscation - and I even managed to tighten up the working a little when drawing a lesson from the Parma Magica. Of course, it's nowhere near as groundbreaking or world-changing as Bonisagus' work, but I like to imagine that he would approve of it, all the same."

Anja wrote:"I would think so as I intend to be on that strike team, I am an old commander from the war against Diedne though I can be quite handy in a fight."
She said with a measured smile.
He paused, "I remember... well, more accurately, I remember seeing you as Adley remembered..."

((OOC: Perhaps a good time to wait for S7trif3?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:00 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "That is often the problem with charismatic leaders; their underlings recruit others without discretion, and then suddenly, you've got frenzied mobs who stop listening to what the leader actually said... Hum, that does rather describe Christianity, as well, come to think of it..."

"Yes very much so and it is similar to many religions indeed. I think the problem is that when you have a bunch of angry, oppressed people who suddenly gets weapons things get bloody...revolutions even failed ones are seldom clean."
Crexia said with a frown.

He let out a soft, impressed whistle, "That would have been virtually unique back then, wouldn't it? Can't have been many matriarchs who held their house's vote, could there?"

"Yes it was rare. If a family only had women then the oldest living woman in the family would become the mater familias, however this only happened if there was no male members of the family at all, and often the women would become wards of the state. Vestal virgins got the right to vote, and some few women managed to get control of their family on their own, but despite all my accomplishments if I had married I would have lost that freedom."
The Tytalus said.
"So no it was not an easy thing to accomplish or maintain."

He nodded, "You know... I'm rather looking all the more forward to facing Jace again; last time, I could not fight him due to being in the middle of a crowded hospital, but now... he won't have that luxury."

"Every shred of his being need to be ripped apart and sent to oblivion."
Crexia said darkly.

He smiled smugly, "It's very practical - security through obfuscation - and I even managed to tighten up the working a little when drawing a lesson from the Parma Magica. Of course, it's nowhere near as groundbreaking or world-changing as Bonisagus' work, but I like to imagine that he would approve of it, all the same."

"Yes...I believe Master Bonisagus would approve, part of why he founded the Order was to inspire mages to advance the Art and make new and creative spells."
The lich said with a slight smile as if she had met Bonisagus himself, and she probably had.
"And yes your spell is most practical indeed."

He paused, "I remember... well, more accurately, I remember seeing you as Adley remembered..."

"Yes I...remember who Mr Roth Hicks was in a former life, a honorable but fierce Flambeau warrior, and yes I led him and several others in combat..."
She said then she sigh.
"Much happened in that war that never should have happened at least this time we are on the side of right."

(OOC: Yeah...well the talk in the basement do not affect Adley but I have not had Colin come up the stairs before Strife respond.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:42 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Running on training turned into instinct and adrenaline, Nicole opened fire on the pair; rounds in the head of the woman, soon as she fell turn to the man and follow suit.

[Attempting 'Fifth Limb']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:50 pm

[Hospital]

You opened fire on the woman, she har a kinetic shield though but it was weaker than Jeffry's, the bullets got though but they har lost allot of their speed, one hit the woman in the forehead and split the skin so she cried out and started to bleed but it did not kill her.
"Fuck you!"
She tried to say but the silenced spell har moved to this room, but even so the look in her eyes made it clear what she tried to say. Jeffry moved a little to get a better som and you heard him chanting on a spell he was preparering as the Nephandi woman fired of another fireball at you, it singed your hair but missed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:06 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Dodging out of the way, Nicole looked at the woman, trying to see what openings presented themselves...

[What's the distance between Nick and the woman?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:03 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"That would really make me feel better, knowing you are okey."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile. Suddenly you felt a presence, a overwhelming presence that made your soul glow and your spirit soar, you felt the presence of Mars, there could be nothing like it. The Got himself was here and he was close, you where sure of it, filling you with fire and confidence just by his mere presence.

He was about to answer something else when his experssion and demenor seemed to shift suddenly. The vestiges of sleep fogging his mind seemed to clear up and he cheered up a bit, even. Then he blinked, curious about what had brought Mars close by, but smiled at Narim. He took him by the shoulders. "We have a lot of work to do, but we can do it." He seemed revitalized, some of the weariness of constant fighting was at least temporarily shook from him.

then he strode out and up the stairs, only pausing in brief puzzlement to answer Adley's message as it ticked in, 'Capital. still at N's? Need a quick word with you about your contact in Chicago - I just received some new and unsettling orders.'

As his phone message alert went off, he picked his phone out and read the message. "Hm...my amicus needs a word with me." 'Yes. Meet me here.'

// sorry I feel asleep when I got home
WP is topped out at max per his permanent but I'm sure Adley feels better about going into a battle soon now

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:19 pm

[Narim's rooms]

He was about to answer something else when his experssion and demenor seemed to shift suddenly. The vestiges of sleep fogging his mind seemed to clear up and he cheered up a bit, even. Then he blinked, curious about what had brought Mars close by, but smiled at Narim. He took him by the shoulders. "We have a lot of work to do, but we can do it." He seemed revitalized, some of the weariness of constant fighting was at least temporarily shook from him.

"I...ehm...yes we have allot of work today but you are right my love we can do it."
Narim said seaming a bit confused at your sudden change of mood but appreciative of it then his eyes widened.
"A spirit have entered the Chantry a...massive one, it's programming completely...interwoven in everything like a...like a God..."
He muttered looking a bit awe struck for a moment. Adjan to seamed to perk up where he was sitting in a chair nearby.
"Yeah I feel it to..."
He muttered.

As his phone message alert went off, he picked his phone out and read the message. "Hm...my amicus needs a word with me." 'Yes. Meet me here.'

"Ah...I will put on some tea I am sure Mr Wainwright will want some, and I could use a cup would you two like a cup of coffee while I am at it?"
Narim asked as he got up and gave you one more smile before he headed for the kitchen.

[Hospital]

Dodging out of the way, Nicole looked at the woman, trying to see what openings presented themselves...

The room was not large, it had been a small server room, there where racks with computers and several screens in racks on the opposite wall, a copy machine and a desk stood against the far wall, the man working at a lap top was at the far wall desk with the woman standing in front of him. You where not far from her as the room was small. From working with both Jeffry and Adley you knew that Kinetic shields tended to go down after enough damage had been given to them and some of them also would stop a bullet mut not a punch being designed to stop fast moving objects. The woman's focus was back on Jeffry now it was clear he was the biggest threat in her eyes. With Jeffry at the door and you right inside of it the path was blocked for the rest of your team to get in and help though.

(OOC: He will feel better Mars have that aura around him. Oh and no need to apologized if you fell asleep it means you needed sleep no need to rush the game will wait for you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes...I believe Master Bonisagus would approve, part of why he founded the Order was to inspire mages to advance the Art and make new and creative spells."
The lich said with a slight smile as if she had met Bonisagus himself, and she probably had.
"And yes your spell is most practical indeed."
Colin paused, "He'd not be entirely on board with the notion of Hermetic secrets worth killing to keep secret, would he?"

Anja wrote:"Yes I...remember who Mr Roth Hicks was in a former life, a honorable but fierce Flambeau warrior, and yes I led him and several others in combat..."
She said then she sigh.
"Much happened in that war that never should have happened at least this time we are on the side of right."
He frowned, "The war itself should not have happened... But, bygones..."

[Stairs]
S7trif3 wrote:As his phone message alert went off, he picked his phone out and read the message. "Hm...my amicus needs a word with me." 'Yes. Meet me here.'
He nodded to himself, marched quickly into his own apartment and put the urn and pistol back in the safe (unloading the latter first), then marched to Narim's room and knocked firmly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:19 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"I...ehm...yes we have allot of work today but you are right my love we can do it."
Narim said seaming a bit confused at your sudden change of mood but appreciative of it then his eyes widened.
"A spirit have entered the Chantry a...massive one, it's programming completely...interwoven in everything like a...like a God..."
He muttered looking a bit awe struck for a moment. Adjan to seamed to perk up where he was sitting in a chair nearby.
"Yeah I feel it to..."
He muttered.

"We're going to get everything ready," he said. Then after they seemed to realize what was going on, he just smiled a little with a determined look on his face. Then he gave Narim a kiss.

"Ah...I will put on some tea I am sure Mr Wainwright will want some, and I could use a cup would you two like a cup of coffee while I am at it?"
Narim asked as he got up and gave you one more smile before he headed for the kitchen.

"I still have to help organize everyone, I don't probably have time for enjoying a coffee but water is good. I'll be back." He got up and headed to the restroom to refresh himself while Colin got himself upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:30 pm

[Basement]

Colin paused, "He'd not be entirely on board with the notion of Hermetic secrets worth killing to keep secret, would he?"

"Master Bonisagus? No he would not, his main concern was always the development of magic as an art. His apprentice and later partner in founding the Order of Hermes Lady Trionoma though, she felt absolute secrecy was needed, she realized that part of protecting mages was making sure the Order was strong."
Crexia replied.

He frowned, "The war itself should not have happened... But, bygones..."

"Yes...you are right, and I voted against it, but my vote was in the minority and when my House decided to move against the Druids I was loyal to my House."
The Tytalus said proudly.

[Narim's Room]

"We're going to get everything ready," he said. Then after they seemed to realize what was going on, he just smiled a little with a determined look on his face. Then he gave Narim a kiss.

Narim nodded at that. Adjan nodded as well.
"Yes we do, well for me my job is guarding our Deacon here but yes we all need to do our part to win this."
He agreed proudly.

"I still have to help organize everyone, I don't probably have time for enjoying a coffee but water is good. I'll be back." He got up and headed to the restroom to refresh himself while Colin got himself upstairs.

"Water it is then."
Narim agreed then he nodded as you got to the restroom to refresh yourself.

He nodded to himself, marched quickly into his own apartment and put the urn and pistol back in the safe (unloading the latter first), then marched to Narim's room and knocked firmly on the door.

Anna waved to you when you deposited your weapon and the urn but she did not stop you to speak with you seeing that you where in a hurry. You got to Narim's apartment, Narim himself opened this time, the apartment smelled of spices and tea.
"Mr Wainwright, Adley said you would be up I have put the tea on."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Please do come in."
He seamed to be in allot better mood now that Adley was feeling better.

When Adley got back from Narim's sweet smelling, tiny bathroom he found that Colin was being showed into the room, a glass of water and three cups of tea had been placed on the living room table and the water boiler was beeping letting everyone know that water for the tea was ready.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

[Narim's rooms]

When Adley got back from Narim's sweet smelling, tiny bathroom he found that Colin was being showed into the room, a glass of water and three cups of tea had been placed on the living room table and the water boiler was beeping letting everyone know that water for the tea was ready.

He returned, face shining as if he just washed it with soap. "Good to see you, amicus. Alright, what's going on now?" he said, tilting his head at Colin. He was eyeing him with outright curiosity, and came over to sit near where the tea had been set.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:32 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

You could allmost feel the residue of Mars pressence on your friend as if Colin had been near the God when he visited. Narim was preparing the tea in a colorful teapot while everyone got comfortable.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Master Bonisagus? No he would not, his main concern was always the development of magic as an art. His apprentice and later partner in founding the Order of Hermes Lady Trionoma though, she felt absolute secrecy was needed, she realized that part of protecting mages was making sure the Order was strong."
Crexia replied.
Colin nodded, "To be honest, I'd say Lady Trionoma was... not wrong, she just went a little farther than necessary. Back then, certainly, keeping secrecy for safety's sake was a useful tool, but now... With Fallen Hermetics having disseminated their knowledge among the Nephandi, the result is that there are more enemies than allies who know some of the Order's best tricks. Which makes the policy counterproductive now."

Anja wrote:"Yes...you are right, and I voted against it, but my vote was in the minority and when my House decided to move against the Druids I was loyal to my House."
The Tytalus said proudly.
He nodded, "Hum... how did the others who voted against fare, I wonder? You're nigh-indestructible, but the other dissenters would be less... durable. Tremere does not strike me as someone who'd be entirely too pleased with underlings going against his ideas..."

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:You got to Narim's apartment, Narim himself opened this time, the apartment smelled of spices and tea.
"Mr Wainwright, Adley said you would be up I have put the tea on."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Please do come in."
He seamed to be in allot better mood now that Adley was feeling better.
He snapped to a salute, then caught himself and nodded, following Narim inside, "Thank you, Sir. A cuppa right now would be most excellent."

S7trif3 wrote:He returned, face shining as if he just washed it with soap. "Good to see you, amicus. Alright, what's going on now?" he said, tilting his head at Colin. He was eyeing him with outright curiosity, and came over to sit near where the tea had been set.
He smiled to Adley, adjusting his uniform ever so slightly as he sat down, voice still resonating with military firmness, "I'm sure you know just who I just spoke with... Jace is trying to recruit an army of ghosts. I need to find a two-millennia-old vampire; I was told your contact in Chicago can help... would you kindly give me their contact information?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:55 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "To be honest, I'd say Lady Trionoma was... not wrong, she just went a little farther than necessary. Back then, certainly, keeping secrecy for safety's sake was a useful tool, but now... With Fallen Hermetics having disseminated their knowledge among the Nephandi, the result is that there are more enemies than allies who know some of the Order's best tricks. Which makes the policy counterproductive now."

"Maybe so Mr Wainwright and yet a thousand years of keeping our secrets we will not be to eager to share them, and that our enemies have said secrets are not in itself a good reason to give up our ways. All of the Traditions have secrets, that give us all bargaining chips."
Crexia replied.

He nodded, "Hum... how did the others who voted against fare, I wonder? You're nigh-indestructible, but the other dissenters would be less... durable. Tremere does not strike me as someone who'd be entirely too pleased with underlings going against his ideas..."

"No one else voted against."
Crexia said simply then she sigh.
"That do not mean I was the only Tremere we did not think we should go to war against the Diedne...or sacrifice ourselves, it could have gone either way, as a method to strengthen the bonds of the Order of Hermes. The thing is among House Tremere an apprentice did not automatically get their sigil at the end of their apprenticeship, they had to earn it by defeating their Mentor in Certamen, since their Mentor generally did not have his that mean the voting rights of House Tremere sat in only a handful of the most powerful magi who had the sigils of everyone down their linage. Of those who could vote, only I voted against and no one assassinate me in a dark alley!"
She declared proudly.

[Narim's Room]

He snapped to a salute, then caught himself and nodded, following Narim inside, "Thank you, Sir. A cuppa right now would be most excellent."

Narim raised an eyebrow at your mannerisms but he did not comment instead he said.
"Are peppermint tea okey Mr Wainwright? I find I have a craving for it."

He smiled to Adley, adjusting his uniform ever so slightly as he sat down, voice still resonating with military firmness, "I'm sure you know just who I just spoke with... Jace is trying to recruit an army of ghosts. I need to find a two-millennia-old vampire; I was told your contact in Chicago can help... would you kindly give me their contact information?"

"Did you speak with...a God?"
The Virtual Adept said as he brought the teacup over, a fresh peppermint smell coming from the colorful pot.
"I could feel the presence of the Divine and I think I shall light a candle in it's honor later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Maybe so Mr Wainwright and yet a thousand years of keeping our secrets we will not be to eager to share them, and that our enemies have said secrets are not in itself a good reason to give up our ways. All of the Traditions have secrets, that give us all bargaining chips."
Crexia replied.
Colin shrugged, and replied dryly, "Bargaining chips that you would rather assassinate your own than to trade away are pretty poor bargaining chips..."

Anja wrote:"No one else voted against."
Crexia said simply then she sigh.
"That do not mean I was the only Tremere we did not think we should go to war against the Diedne...or sacrifice ourselves, it could have gone either way, as a method to strengthen the bonds of the Order of Hermes. The thing is among House Tremere an apprentice did not automatically get their sigil at the end of their apprenticeship, they had to earn it by defeating their Mentor in Certamen, since their Mentor generally did not have his that mean the voting rights of House Tremere sat in only a handful of the most powerful magi who had the sigils of everyone down their linage. Of those who could vote, only I voted against and no one assassinate me in a dark alley!"
She declared proudly.
He arched an eyebrow, then grinned wryly, "No-one tried to assassinate you in a dark alley, or no-one succeeded? Or would you prefer to keep that one ambiguous?"

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:Narim raised an eyebrow at your mannerisms but he did not comment instead he said.
"Are peppermint tea okey Mr Wainwright? I find I have a craving for it."
He smiled, "That sounds excellent. Small drop of lemon juice?"

Anja wrote:"Did you speak with...a God?"
The Virtual Adept said as he brought the teacup over, a fresh peppermint smell coming from the colorful pot.
"I could feel the presence of the Divine and I think I shall light a candle in it's honor later."
He smiled thinly, "He rather prefers action to words and burnt incense... In your case, I think a better offering would be to dedicate time to defensive drills for the Chantry. Not merely planning them, but actively running them, with different attack scenarios in mind."
He frowned, "Scenarios such as a Union attack coming just over New Year's..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:51 am

[Basement]

Colin shrugged, and replied dryly, "Bargaining chips that you would rather assassinate your own than to trade away are pretty poor bargaining chips..."

"I do not support assassinate a non Hermetic who knows Hermetic secrets no, they should not be held responsible for our laws. i still would keep it illegal for a Hermetic to share such secrets though."
Crexia said in a tone of voice that held a clear warning about what tone to take with her.

He arched an eyebrow, then grinned wryly, "No-one tried to assassinate you in a dark alley, or no-one succeeded? Or would you prefer to keep that one ambiguous?"

"Oh many have tried and most have been left alive to...regret their life choices."
The old lich said darkly.

[Narim's Room]

He smiled, "That sounds excellent. Small drop of lemon juice?"

"Certainly."
Narim said and he went to find a lemon, neatly cut it in half and put the halves on a small plate and brought it to the table as well for anyone who might want some lemon for their tea.

He smiled thinly, "He rather prefers action to words and burnt incense... In your case, I think a better offering would be to dedicate time to defensive drills for the Chantry. Not merely planning them, but actively running them, with different attack scenarios in mind."

"Well yes we really should hold such defensive drills, but I would not know the first things abut doing them."
The Virtual Adept said and he gave Adley a bit of a helpless look.
"I guess Adley could help me with that and Jeffry, I will have to take it up with them."
He said before he sat down by the table.
"A practical God then..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:13 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Manipulating everyone's perception so that they think items go into the box would work, that is a good idea Sir."
Kyle said with a nod.
"In fact that is real smart, but you would have to manipulate sight, hearing and touch for it? Want to try I have some candy somewhere and a small bowl."
He offered.

"Yay I'm smart." he said with a smile. "Are you sure you want to try it? Casting illusions on myself doesn't usually work. And casting illusion on you guys is a bit of an iffy thing to do."

Anja wrote:"Hum...no cat eyes then Sir...ok, what about drawing polygons, you know the things used to make what you look at on a flat screen appear to be 3D? Could that work?"
Stephen suggested.

"Ahhh, glorious triangles. Yeah I plan to do that." Serge said with a nod. "I've been doing that for a while now. Just need to add a bit of magick to it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Yay I'm smart." he said with a smile. "Are you sure you want to try it? Casting illusions on myself doesn't usually work. And casting illusion on you guys is a bit of an iffy thing to do."

"Yeah you are pretty smart Sir."
Kyle said then he shrugged.
"Would not your illusion either work or not, it is not like it can hurt me is it? Then it should be no problem to give it a try."

"Ahhh, glorious triangles. Yeah I plan to do that." Serge said with a nod. "I've been doing that for a while now. Just need to add a bit of magick to it."

"Your drawing magick is interesting Sir...so you draw symbols for the things you want your magick to do?"
Stephen asked. At that point you felt a presence, a mighty presence and you where filled with inspiration and the will to go and get things done. The young Hermetics noticed as well.
"What is that...feeling?"
Kyle muttered.
"I don't know a powerful spirit at the Chantry perhaps. Like real powerful."
Stephen commented.

(OOC: if you are lacking a willpower point you get one back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:40 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I do not support assassinate a non Hermetic who knows Hermetic secrets no, they should not be held responsible for our laws. i still would keep it illegal for a Hermetic to share such secrets though."
Crexia said in a tone of voice that held a clear warning about what tone to take with her.
Colin coughed softly, "Pardon, something in my throat."

Anja wrote:"Oh many have tried and most have been left alive to...regret their life choices."
The old lich said darkly.
He nodded sagely, "Ah, educational responses."

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Well yes we really should hold such defensive drills, but I would not know the first things abut doing them."
"I guess Adley could help me with that and Jeffry, I will have to take it up with them."
He smiled thinly, letting his tea steep for a bit, "War gods, particularly the ones who favour an organized military, tend to be. I would not have dressed up like this for a God of Craftsmen, of a Goddess of Love, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:43 am

[Basement]

Colin coughed softly, "Pardon, something in my throat."

Crexia let her stern look linger on you for a moment longer then she let you off the hook and nodded.
"Well the air in basements can get damp."

He nodded sagely, "Ah, educational responses."

"Indeed, I find those to be...satisfying."
The old lich said with a bit of a dark grin.

[Narim's Room]

He smiled thinly, letting his tea steep for a bit, "War gods, particularly the ones who favour an organized military, tend to be. I would not have dressed up like this for a God of Craftsmen, of a Goddess of Love, after all..."

"Hum...well we really should run drills to be able to respond quickly if the Chantry security are ever breached...we might as well take this as a reminder to do that as soon as possible. I will discuss the matter with Jeffry."
Narim said, the presence from the War God had made his mannerisms a little more confident and for a moment he looked like a leader, like a Deacon as he poured tea and made sure his guests was comfortable.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:11 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:Crexia let her stern look linger on you for a moment longer then she let you off the hook and nodded.
"Well the air in basements can get damp."
Colin smiled wryly, "I'm sure that's more of a problem for us mere mortals than for you..."

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well we really should run drills to be able to respond quickly if the Chantry security are ever breached...we might as well take this as a reminder to do that as soon as possible. I will discuss the matter with Jeffry."
Narim said, the presence from the War God had made his mannerisms a little more confident and for a moment he looked like a leader, like a Deacon as he poured tea and made sure his guests was comfortable.
He nodded, then grinned, "And might I say, that look of confidence and decisiveness suits you. Perhaps we should invite Gods of War in more often..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:29 pm

[Basement]

Colin smiled wryly, "I'm sure that's more of a problem for us mere mortals than for you..."

"My condition and age have their benefits yes."
Crexia said simply.

[Narim's Room]

He nodded, then grinned, "And might I say, that look of confidence and decisiveness suits you. Perhaps we should invite Gods of War in more often..."

"Well I ehm...I just I have so many loved ones at this Chantyr and a special someone..."
Narim looked at Adley for a moment and smiled warmly.
"And soon my new apprentice will come here to live with us as she studies...I need to be sure everyone are kept safe."
The Virtual Adept said with determination in his voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:54 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Within the Etherite's mind a quick combat flow-chart was followed; female target too far away for hand-to-hand, shielding making ranged attack ineffective. But male target finding whatever he was doing more important than either fighting back or retreating. Therefore, he was greater threat. Immediate threat to self lower than expected; female target currently distracted by Chief. So Nicole unhesitatingly re-aimed her carbine right at the man's head and opened fire...

[Attempting 'Fifth Limb']

[Holding drills was one of the things Nicole has on her mental list of 'things to improve' for the Chantry.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

He raised an eyebrow at Colin. "Yes, I do recall the ghosts. I'm not sure how what you said connects up, but I think I know who you are asking after." He dug out his phone to find the number. "You look very...formal, I don't think I've seen you in your uniform before," he said. Formal carried other connotations, and he showed him the number for Tyler on his phone discreetly. "I am to help organize the groups," he said, drinking some water.

Well yes we really should hold such defensive drills, but I would not know the first things abut doing them."

"Indeed. Let me know if you would like assistance. However, for now we have to deal with our current situation."

"Hum...well we really should run drills to be able to respond quickly if the Chantry security are ever breached...we might as well take this as a reminder to do that as soon as possible. I will discuss the matter with Jeffry."
"Well I ehm...I just I have so many loved ones at this Chantyr and a special someone..."
Narim looked at Adley for a moment and smiled warmly.
"And soon my new apprentice will come here to live with us as she studies...I need to be sure everyone are kept safe."

Adley nodded at that and smiled back to Narim. "Very well, I wish I could stay but there is a lot to do right now," he said standing up and gathering his stuff. "Is there anything else you need of me right now, amicus?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next