Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:40 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"What...but how...!"
The Nephanda exclaimed now clearly scared then she took a deep breath to steady herself.
"I will take the torture intead thanks."
Colin smiled thinly, "I rather expected you would choose that, though buyer's remorse is hardly unheard of."

Anja wrote:"I had not...expected that threat."
The woman said she had turned even paler now, if that was possible as afflicted with Jhor that she was.
"But while what you talk about here is...certainly terrifying I have my loyalties, I will not talk, nor can I stop you from doing such a thing to me though I hope you will not."
She said then she sigh again and gave you a stern look.
"Also threatening someone with this or betray what you care about is not really informed consent you know...it might involve an informed decision but consent is something that is given freely and you most certainly do not have my consent to try to remove my Investment Marks!"
S7trif3 wrote:This prisoner was going to be a tough nut to crack and he did not think toture outright would improve their chances of useful information. Then again, he wasn't sure about Colin's offer either. If anyone, it was up to Lady Crexia to intervene and he said nothing yet, making sure nothing else happened while attention was upon the pair.
He nodded, "Oh, it was a question of informed consent, insofar as I am not going to coerce you into trying to scrub away your Investments. If you do not consent to try severing your bonds to your dark patron, then I won't press the issue. What questions you'll answer instead is... well, not something I can or will intervene in anymore. Unless you decide to answer my friendly questions before the good Lady here begins asking less friendly ones."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"That's the plan I had myself. I wanna build a proper PC sometime in the future. Looks like a lot of fun too. But expensive as hell. Don't have the money or the time for that now though." he said with a sigh. "And too better answer your question. I don't have that kind of money. My dad did though. He built my laptop himself."

"You dad built a computer? He must know allot if he used custom parts."
Stephen said sounding impressed.
"But could you not then ask your dad to help you with your computer then?"
He asked.

"Let's go." Serge said eagerly, hoping for another shot at victory.

Stephen nodded and practiced fingers started tapping buttons and his car got out to a good start.

[Basement]

Wary of being kicked in the head, he administered the serum. He carefully gathered her items and confiscated them and then restrained her. Once done, he stood back enough to keep her and the others covered. He still had a wary expression on his face - not just over her investment marks. "I will check her items, as well as herself." An idea was slowly formulating though as to how to use this bad situation to their advantage, turn it around somehow - it was salvageable so far, even if they'd lost some potential advantages they could make new ones. They would have to do some damage control. He looked at the phone first, in the event she'd been recording or transmitting - something the VAs could use or obvious messages. Or something to do with the Fortunae that had apparently been killed.

The Nephanda did not resist as you injected the serum or bound her, nor did she protest other than a slight show of discomfort, she remained proud, calm and still. Crexia nodded to your suggestions. There seamed to have been no activity on the phone for the last two days. Before then you found what you could expect, texts about dinner and messages to friends, the things you could expect on a young Hermetic's phone though anything sensitive had not been stored on it. You could not find much that where of use right now, but perhaps the Virtual Adepts could find something.

This prisoner was going to be a tough nut to crack and he did not think toture outright would improve their chances of useful information. Then again, he wasn't sure about Colin's offer either. If anyone, it was up to Lady Crexia to intervene and he said nothing yet, making sure nothing else happened while attention was upon the pair.

Crexia did not comment yet, probably she wanted to see what Colin's play was before she had the prisoner readied for her craft, but yes the marked woman did not seam to be an easy nut to crack, she was calm, controlled and dedicated to her cause and clearly willing to suffer, die and worse for them.

Colin smiled thinly, "I rather expected you would choose that, though buyer's remorse is hardly unheard of."

"Certainly there are examples of Infernalists who find the price they pay for favors or powers to be to high, I am not one of them Mr Wainwright."
The Nephanda replied.

He nodded, "Oh, it was a question of informed consent, insofar as I am not going to coerce you into trying to scrub away your Investments. If you do not consent to try severing your bonds to your dark patron, then I won't press the issue. What questions you'll answer instead is... well, not something I can or will intervene in anymore. Unless you decide to answer my friendly questions before the good Lady here begins asking less friendly ones."

"I am not willing to scrub away my Investments no, I serve my Master loyally. I am also not willing to answer any question that can harm the Nephandi, my Labyrinth or my as you put it dark patron, however if you have questions that do not fall into these categories do feel free to ask them now before the lich begin to apply her craft as I might not be in any condition to answer you after."
The prisoner replied surprisingly calmly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:07 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I am not willing to scrub away my Investments no, I serve my Master loyally. I am also not willing to answer any question that can harm the Nephandi, my Labyrinth or my as you put it dark patron, however if you have questions that do not fall into these categories do feel free to ask them now before the lich begin to apply her craft as I might not be in any condition to answer you after."
The prisoner replied surprisingly calmly.
Colin nodded, "That's fair. The one I am most interested in, in any case, is the bloody scheming ghost, Wallace Jace. He's not in this for your glorious Descension, in any case, he just wants to rule the world and perform his bloody medical practice in perpetuity. Would you give me some information on him?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:25 pm

[Tane's House]

My thoughts exactly. Well, i'll make sure that earns you tolerance in their territory, at least. You won't use it, but having that chance will be good to build some better relationship between you guys.
In any case, nephandi are schemers because they are weak. And paradox gets to them all the same, so they are limited in what they can do. I'd say they are worst because they are more devious but not stronger. If we can see through their schemes then they're easier to stop.

Tane reprimended Paula for hurting herself in that way and got some towels to help her clean. Then he told her to have some cool water if it hurted.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:44 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "That's fair. The one I am most interested in, in any case, is the bloody scheming ghost, Wallace Jace. He's not in this for your glorious Descension, in any case, he just wants to rule the world and perform his bloody medical practice in perpetuity. Would you give me some information on him?"

The prisoner considered for a moment.
"In and of itself I do not owe the wraith any loyalty and my Master could not care less about this shade or his plans but as my Giledian are involved with Jace I doubt he would want me to answer such questions and I am not willing to risk revealing anything that can hurt my Labyrinth."
She replied firmly.

[Tane's House]

My thoughts exactly. Well, i'll make sure that earns you tolerance in their territory, at least. You won't use it, but having that chance will be good to build some better relationship between you guys.

"Tane...I am a loyal servant of Queen Ananasa, the Totem of my breed. The Queen was created by the Weaver herself, I doubt fanatical servants of the Wyld will ever welcome me, and that is fine. Garou stand for the exact opposite of what Queen Ananasa wants, they owe loyalty to and worship just one side o the Triat, believing that since the Wyld was the only one left untouched when balance between the three was shattered, it is pure and following it alone will bring back balance, it will not. All three is needed, we need creation, stability and destruction, and the bloody wolves will never see that, they hate Grandmother Spider almost as much as the Wyrm itself so I doubt I will ever want to wander into their territory."
Alessa said calmly.
"I am willing to help look for this pregnant Garou only because her disappearance might be related to what have taken the Ananasi Kin."

In any case, nephandi are schemers because they are weak. And paradox gets to them all the same, so they are limited in what they can do. I'd say they are worst because they are more devious but not stronger. If we can see through their schemes then they're easier to stop.
Tane reprimended Paula for hurting herself in that way and got some towels to help her clean. Then he told her to have some cool water if it hurted.

"Perhaps so Tane, well we will see who is behind this."
Alessa said as she handed Paula a glass of cool water. The young Rokea took a few sips and soon she was happy again, because like all fera she healed and fast and soon any pain was forgotten, though she did show food a bit slower down her gullet this time.
"Fish is good."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:23 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:The prisoner considered for a moment.
"In and of itself I do not owe the wraith any loyalty and my Master could not care less about this shade or his plans but as my Giledian are involved with Jace I doubt he would want me to answer such questions and I am not willing to risk revealing anything that can hurt my Labyrinth."
She replied firmly.
Colin frowned, then nodded, "I could not care much less about your Labyrinth as it is, except that you've tried to assassinate my daughter in multiple ways today alone. Jace, though, will be the doom of your Labyrinth and your Gilledian alike. In the words of the scraps of the dead Mage's own Avatar..."
((OOC: Arete roll for a Forces 2 "hologram": 6,6,9. Should be plenty this close to the Node.))
He held up his hand, drawing in the light around himself, and showed Jace's unmistakable sneer as the dream conversation he'd had only a little while ago replayed over the palm of his hand, as though he held the man's own translucent head up, speaking in Jace's educated, if scared, voice.
Anja wrote:"No...you are lying you are trying to trick me, that is not what will happen the Forest will be used so that my spirit can be reborn in a new perfect body with a new Avatar, that he will make Fall and one day he will rule the Nephandi...well other than the Aswadim...off course, but he will be free to practice his Science and be revered by all as the world burns!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:39 am

[Basement]

The prisoner watched the illusion you where showing her without changing her expression, once done though she said.
"So Jace want to rule us that is hardly a suprise or uniqe many seek to better their standing that do not mean they do not want the end of existence and he said it himself in what you showed me that he wanted to be revered as the world burned."
She replied.
"My Master hardly disfavors petty ambition as long as the path of Oblivion are still walked."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:19 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"You dad built a computer? He must know allot if he used custom parts."
Stephen said sounding impressed.
"But could you not then ask your dad to help you with your computer then?"
He asked.

"Umm...well...it's not that simple." Serge said hesitantly. "I mean, for one thing he's about a million miles away in New York. And besides, I wanna do it on my own. It'll be good to learn it on my own."

Anja wrote:Stephen nodded and practiced fingers started tapping buttons and his car got out to a good start.

Serge tapped away as well, putting his own well exercised fingers to use as he did his best to catch up.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:56 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Umm...well...it's not that simple." Serge said hesitantly. "I mean, for one thing he's about a million miles away in New York. And besides, I wanna do it on my own. It'll be good to learn it on my own."

"I guess that if you can not or are not willing to do any solutions then you will have to wait with doing 3D stuff then Sir until such time as a solution become available."
Stephen said practically.

Serge tapped away as well, putting his own well exercised fingers to use as he did his best to catch up.

The young Flambeau was pretty good but you seamed to catch up some though by the second lap.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:The prisoner watched the illusion you where showing her without changing her expression, once done though she said.
"So Jace want to rule us that is hardly a suprise or uniqe many seek to better their standing that do not mean they do not want the end of existence and he said it himself in what you showed me that he wanted to be revered as the world burned."
She replied.
"My Master hardly disfavors petty ambition as long as the path of Oblivion are still walked."
Colin frowned, then nodded before looking up at Crexia, "Well, I suppose I could always try to convince you by showing you the future if Jace succeeds with his narrowminded plan... Or I could leave it at that and let Adeptus Flavian know that you want to discuss a matter with him down here, Milady? Seems like you and Mr. Roth Hicks would want to discuss the two security breaches he's brought along in private, rather than bring it all up before the rest of our allies... and he would especially prefer that, I think."

He looked over at the Nephanda again, "Oh, and just as a point of clarification, I am a staunch believer in the ideals of the Geneva Conventions; there are ways in which I am quite compelled to treat prisoners of war. Funny thing about those conventions; someone captured while engaging in espionage, regardless of success, is not entitled to being deemed a prisoner of war, and I believe the appropriate punishment still on the books is execution by hanging... I am not planning to request that mode of eventual execution before the Council of Nine following your inevitable punishment, but it's still something I could do within the mundane laws governing warfare..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:19 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, then nodded before looking up at Crexia, "Well, I suppose I could always try to convince you by showing you the future if Jace succeeds with his narrowminded plan... Or I could leave it at that and let Adeptus Flavian know that you want to discuss a matter with him down here, Milady? Seems like you and Mr. Roth Hicks would want to discuss the two security breaches he's brought along in private, rather than bring it all up before the rest of our allies... and he would especially prefer that, I think."

"You have had a future vision of Wallace Jace pulling off his plans Mr Wainwright?"
The prisoner asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Yes...I am starting to suspect Adeptus Flavian's incompetence is not...just annoying...I do want a word with him."
Crexia said.
"Very well Mr Wainwright if you can take the prisoner to one of the basement rooms that can be used for the purpose and restrain her...and Mr Roth Hicks if you could request that Adeptus Flavian come down here I have some question I would like to ask him."
The ancient lich said.
"And I will also see what we can find out from the prisoner."

He looked over at the Nephanda again, "Oh, and just as a point of clarification, I am a staunch believer in the ideals of the Geneva Conventions; there are ways in which I am quite compelled to treat prisoners of war. Funny thing about those conventions; someone captured while engaging in espionage, regardless of success, is not entitled to being deemed a prisoner of war, and I believe the appropriate punishment still on the books is execution by hanging... I am not planning to request that mode of eventual execution before the Council of Nine following your inevitable punishment, but it's still something I could do within the mundane laws governing warfare..."

"It is not much I can do about how your side decide to kill me Mr Wainwright or when."
The Nephanda said then she looked away.
"I know what happens to captured Fallen, I had no illusions about that when I went on this mission, that being captured would be...the end of me, I did what I have to, what mode of execution where you referring to though? Well no matter I guess I will not talk...and I do not blame you for what will happen to me either it is war we all do what we must."
The infernalist said with a slight shrug.

(OOC: I missed the second part of the post due to hyper active cat sabotage.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:49 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"You have had a future vision of Wallace Jace pulling off his plans Mr Wainwright?"
The prisoner asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Yes...I am starting to suspect Adeptus Flavian's incompetence is not...just annoying...I do want a word with him."
Crexia said.
"Very well Mr Wainwright if you can take the prisoner to one of the basement rooms that can be used for the purpose and restrain her...and Mr Roth Hicks if you could request that Adeptus Flavian come down here I have some question I would like to ask him."
The ancient lich said.
"And I will also see what we can find out from the prisoner."
Colin nodded, "A future where Jace succeeded in stealing an Avatar and reincarnating himself... a future where he, we, and you all lost as Moloch rose to supremacy; a horrid, corrupted Static time where imagination and Dynamism were as obsolete as Entropy..."
He sighed, "Very well, I shall find a suitable room, though we are running out of makeshift cells."
He thought for a moment, "We really ought to excavate more room, though that'll be too cumbersome right now. I think there's still an old storeroom where I can make room. Amicus, when you get Flavian, perhaps you could point out the memorial plaque, and clarify how an honoured place on it is earned?"

Anja wrote:"It is not much I can do about how your side decide to kill me Mr Wainwright or when."
The Nephanda said then she looked away.
"I know what happens to captured Fallen, I had no illusions about that when I went on this mission, that being captured would be...the end of me, I did what I have to, what mode of execution where you referring to though? Well no matter I guess I will not talk...and I do not blame you for what will happen to me either it is war we all do what we must."
The infernalist said with a slight shrug.
He frowned, "The usual mode of execution is... instantaneous and immediate. A hanging would require some time to set up... Well, I've seen more such than I like to think of in the past couple of months, and carry a piece of each and every one with me..."

((OOC: Nah, I think it just as likely that you missed the second part due to my forgetting to include the second part on pressing "Send", and adding it after the fact without remembering to mention the edit. Razz ))

((OOC2: Also, say hi to the little saboteur. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "A future where Jace succeeded in stealing an Avatar and reincarnating himself... a future where he, we, and you all lost as Moloch rose to supremacy; a horrid, corrupted Static time where imagination and Dynamism were as obsolete as Entropy..."

The prisoner looked at you for a moment.
"That sounds...horrible, it sounds like the world the Weaver wanted when she originally trapped the Wyrm and drove him insane, at least according to the shapechangers."

He sighed, "Very well, I shall find a suitable room, though we are running out of makeshift cells."
He thought for a moment, "We really ought to excavate more room, though that'll be too cumbersome right now. I think there's still an old storeroom where I can make room.

"Yes I do believe some of the store rooms are still free, at least they where last time I was in the practical part of the basement Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied.
"Morningstar dug out some more space n our basement a few years ago, it have proved a valuable improvement."

He frowned, "The usual mode of execution is... instantaneous and immediate. A hanging would require some time to set up... Well, I've seen more such than I like to think of in the past couple of months, and carry a piece of each and every one with me..."

"Disintegrated by magick or hung my Master still get my soul."
The Nephanda said.
"But yes I would prefer the first method, I would not like to spend any time being aware that...my Avatar was gone."
She added and you saw tightly controlled fear in her eyes then she asked.
"Hum...several things you have said now indicate you have a shard cluster for an Avatar...you are the one who destroyed Lisa Larson's young Caul then?"
The woman said as she turned the strangely pale ice blue eyes on you.

(OOC: I will. Vervain do not like it when Mommy do something that do not involve her. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:37 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:The prisoner looked at you for a moment.
"That sounds...horrible, it sounds like the world the Weaver wanted when she originally trapped the Wyrm and drove him insane, at least according to the shapechangers."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I should ask some of our Garou allies about that myth, then - seems like an enlightening story."

Anja wrote:"Yes I do believe some of the store rooms are still free, at least they where last time I was in the practical part of the basement Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied.
"Morningstar dug out some more space n our basement a few years ago, it have proved a valuable improvement."
He nodded, "We should... Might want a structural engineer on it to make sure the foundations and supports will hold, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem."

Anja wrote:"Disintegrated by magick or hung my Master still get my soul."
The Nephanda said.
"But yes I would prefer the first method, I would not like to spend any time being aware that...my Avatar was gone."
She added and you saw tightly controlled fear in her eyes then she asked.
"Hum...several things you have said now indicate you have a shard cluster for an Avatar...you are the one who destroyed Lisa Larson's young Caul then?"
The woman said as she turned the strangely pale ice blue eyes on you.
He smiled thinly, "Yes... and while I grieve for the poor child from which it was made, I had little choice in the matter, to stop the bloody not-thing that had escaped from it... I do wonder what the honourable emissary of the - Nightmare Carnival, wasn't it? - what he would say to my requesting he leave our fair city alone."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:55 pm

[Basement]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I should ask some of our Garou allies about that myth, then - seems like an enlightening story."

"Yes, the shapechangers might see the Triat as spirits, powerful Celestines, but they have the same ideas that we do about Stasis, Dynamism and Entropy."
The Prisoner said.
"Though they think the three are out of balance."

He nodded, "We should... Might want a structural engineer on it to make sure the foundations and supports will hold, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem."

"Certinly it is better to be safe than sorry but once you have had an engineer look at it there are magick that can make the work involved far easier."
Crexia said.
"Well regardless this is a matter for another day."

He smiled thinly, "Yes... and while I grieve for the poor child from which it was made, I had little choice in the matter, to stop the bloody not-thing that had escaped from it... I do wonder what the honourable emissary of the - Nightmare Carnival, wasn't it? - what he would say to my requesting he leave our fair city alone."

"Ah so you know about the Nightmare Carnival being here in Boston?"
The prisoner replied.
"And the Honored Emissary's first priority are the interests and safety of the Nightmare Carnival so perhaps...if she can even understand the request, she is far from human now, if she ever truly was."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes, the shapechangers might see the Triat as spirits, powerful Celestines, but they have the same ideas that we do about Stasis, Dynamism and Entropy."
The Prisoner said.
"Though they think the three are out of balance."
Colin nodded, "They're right, you know - natural Entropy is not Fallen. So something was clearly skewed at some point."

Anja wrote:"Certinly it is better to be safe than sorry but once you have had an engineer look at it there are magick that can make the work involved far easier."
Crexia said.
"Well regardless this is a matter for another day."
He smiled wryly, "Well, strictly speaking, I could do the necessary math, and I'm sure Miss Bouchard could, too - but there is a certain bureaucratic benefit to having someone with the right papers signing off on it."

Anja wrote:"Ah so you know about the Nightmare Carnival being here in Boston?"
The prisoner replied.
"And the Honored Emissary's first priority are the interests and safety of the Nightmare Carnival so perhaps...if she can even understand the request, she is far from human now, if she ever truly was."
He nodded, "We... registered it when the whole damn thing arrived, to say the least. Though I was already aware of the Emissary's presence. Hm, I suppose it is quite possible that she never was human to begin with in this universe, considering the Caul's nature..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:09 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "They're right, you know - natural Entropy is not Fallen. So something was clearly skewed at some point."

"Hum...yes perhaps that is so, from a certain point of view."
The Nephanda replied.
"Anyway this Moloch sounds like it could be one of the Weaver's creations, they would share their ehm...mother's ambitions."

He smiled wryly, "Well, strictly speaking, I could do the necessary math, and I'm sure Miss Bouchard could, too - but there is a certain bureaucratic benefit to having someone with the right papers signing off on it."

"Well if that is to have any value Mr Wainwright then you better make sure whoever use magick to dig out an expanded basement do so in ways a sleeper bureaucracy would find...acceptable."
Crexia replied wryly.

He nodded, "We... registered it when the whole damn thing arrived, to say the least. Though I was already aware of the Emissary's presence. Hm, I suppose it is quite possible that she never was human to begin with in this universe, considering the Caul's nature..."

"Ah I see, well I guess a being like that would cause some waves coming and going Mr Wainwright...as for it's emissary, I do not know what she is but chances are she is a manifestation created by the Caul itself, which is very much not human, I do hope you do not have a problem with clowns."
The Nephanda replied with a bit of a chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:04 pm

[Basement]

As Colin discussed matters with the prisoner, even created some type of movie-like portrayal of his experience which he would have been more impressed than surprised by under different circumstances, he still had to keep an eye on the group. His feeling regarding Jace's tirade was a firm opposition, naturally. At Crexia's nod, he checked over the woman's items and the woman herself - he expected to find traces of her investments, of course. But other spells might be less obvious.

Or I could leave it at that and let Adeptus Flavian know that you want to discuss a matter with him down here, Milady? Seems like you and Mr. Roth Hicks would want to discuss the two security breaches he's brought along in private, rather than bring it all up before the rest of our allies... and he would especially prefer that, I think."
Crexia said.
The ancient lich said.
. Amicus, when you get Flavian, perhaps you could point out the memorial plaque, and clarify how an honoured place on it is earned?"

"Indeed." There was a laundry list of things to do, and a flurry of ideas that were nascent, not completely formed, to address the issues that had arisen.

// Crexia's team was: Flavian, the Cultist of Mercury, the Fortunae/spy, one more Hermetic possibly and a healer (I did not specify the last two by names. The original team was meant to have enough hermetics to work with the cultist of mercury, but then Adley added the Fortunae in to get her cut off from the others). Flavian was the very first person added to her group - not sure how you want to address the discrepancy, for if he hadn't come downstairs the others would have taken note of that.

ooc2: scan all the things! 9, 9, 6, 9 - damn I wished I'd saved that one for later lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 pm

[Basement]

As Colin discussed matters with the prisoner, even created some type of movie-like portrayal of his experience which he would have been more impressed than surprised by under different circumstances, he still had to keep an eye on the group. His feeling regarding Jace's tirade was a firm opposition, naturally. At Crexia's nod, he checked over the woman's items and the woman herself - he expected to find traces of her investments, of course. But other spells might be less obvious.

You found traces of spells cast, mostly Entropy based ones but some Prime and other Spheres. There was also some sort of personal ward, that was usual enough and the leftovers of the effect that had made her look like the dead Fortunae. Her Investment marks around her arms, and more down her back was magickal off course and her eyes was, you are pretty sure those unnaturally pale blue eyes where Investments themselves, a gift from her Master probably allowing the Nephanda to see what others did not.

Indeed." There was a laundry list of things to do, and a flurry of ideas that were nascent, not completely formed, to address the issues that had arisen.

Crexia nodded and turned her attention back to the prisoner.

(OOC: Then the Cultist is down here, one of the other Hermetics and one of the Verbena. I had not considered that Flavian was on Crexia's team and it would look strange if he was there given what was said so let us say he did nto come along, he is arrogant not to, which means Crexia really will have some words for him, so he is still up in the Common room.)

(OOC 2: Well you really do scan all the things, Adley will see every bit of magick in the basement which is allot.)

(OOC 3: Hum...all the things. I have made a Bone Gnawer NPC who is a terrier mutt who is named Barks-At-All-The-Things. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:54 pm

[Basement]

You found traces of spells cast, mostly Entropy based ones but some Prime and other Spheres. There was also some sort of personal ward, that was usual enough and the leftovers of the effect that had made her look like the dead Fortunae. Her Investment marks around her arms, and more down her back was magickal off course and her eyes was, you are pretty sure those unnaturally pale blue eyes where Investments themselves, a gift from her Master probably allowing the Nephanda to see what others did not.

"Her eyes are...her eyes I believe are also direct investments, my guess is they allow her Master to see what she sees, or to see things that she wouldn't otherwise. Other than that, there is a personal ward up at the moment. The serum may break that down, perhaps but we could remove it. Traces of her disguise spell...some that I think are entropic, probably," he reported. He glanced aside to Crexia, for advice as to what to do about her eyes and the spells that were left. If Crexia wanted to use them before he destroyed the link. Then he looked back at her. For a moment, he looked at her - something...someone else was sitting far away, riding over her shoulder as if watching a camera.

He waited for Colin to begin moving the prisoner out, after everything had been taken care of, before going to fetch Flavian.

//ooc: Yes, Adley put Flavian in the team right away to keep him under Crexia's control, then it spiraled a bit when he started acting up. So that sounds good - then Helena can keep an eye on him if he looks twitchy suddenly. Since he already told her to keep lookout, and Adley and Colin would have noted his absence.
// 2: are you sure your bone gnawer is not based on my dog : P

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:21 pm

[Basement]

Her eyes are...her eyes I believe are also direct investments, my guess is they allow her Master to see what she sees, or to see things that she wouldn't otherwise. Other than that, there is a personal ward up at the moment. The serum may break that down, perhaps but we could remove it. Traces of her disguise spell...some that I think are entropic, probably," he reported. He glanced aside to Crexia, for advice as to what to do about her eyes and the spells that were left. If Crexia wanted to use them before he destroyed the link.

"I will dispell her personal ward, that should not be to hard as for her eyes, if they are direct investments cutting the link between them and this woman's Master...might be hard though it would explain how she have conveyed her information, and it means the creature she sold her soul to knows far more than we like it to."
Crexia replied.
"Mr Wainwright we might have to hold of on taking her to a make shift cell, for now let us take her to a ritual room and try to break that contact, if it do not work, I am going to need a knife."
The lich spoke with no emotion in her voice at all and the captured Nephanda swallowed hard and paled a little.

Then he looked back at her. For a moment, he looked at her - something...someone else was sitting far away, riding over her shoulder as if watching a camera.

The Nephanda fixed her ice blue eyes at you, ice blue but so different from your sister's, where Helena's eyes fit just a bit to well with the magick she favored and might be a result of Resonance this woman's eyes just looked...unnatural.
"Clever boy."
The prisoner replied.
"I did not think you would find that tidbit out...quite so...quickly, so how do it feel to look into the eyes of my Master?"
She said and behind that pale gaze something...inhuman could almost be seen, good and evil where human concepts so calling this woman's Master for evil might not be the right term, it would mean nothing to him, but he was...inhuman, alien and powerful.

[Common Room Again]

He waited for Colin to begin moving the prisoner out, after everything had been taken care of, before going to fetch Flavian.

You had just made it up the stairs when you started hearing loud protests from upstairs and demands in Latin to be let go. When you got to the common room you found Flavian, on the floor with his butt and hands frozen to the floor itself, local and visiting magi where gathering around, talking in scandalized voices and you saw Helena stand looking down at Flavian her hands in modern hand sigils and she simply told him.
"No, you will wait here for my brother and Lady Crexia and then we will sort this out, if you had not tried to leave you would not find yourself in your current predicament...now did you ever lick cold metal as a child? Everyone did, unless you want to skin your hands and well, hind quarters remain where you are!"
This was met with more demands, a few how dare you and a few insults to the ice maga's appearance, curves and heritage thrown in for good measure, all of this was however ignored and Adeptus Flavian remained on the floor, in place, with little chance to cast magick to defend himself with his hands frozen to the surface of the floor like a child's tongue to a metal after having licked it in winter, a stupid thing indeed all kids did.

(OOC: Are you sure your dog is not a Bone Gnawer? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:36 pm

[Basement]

"I will dispell her personal ward, that should not be to hard as for her eyes, if they are direct investments cutting the link between them and this woman's Master...might be hard though it would explain how she have conveyed her information, and it means the creature she sold her soul to knows far more than we like it to.""Mr Wainwright we might have to hold of on taking her to a make shift cell, for now let us take her to a ritual room and try to break that contact, if it do not work, I am going to need a knife."
The lich spoke with no emotion in her voice at all and the captured Nephanda swallowed hard and paled a little.

He had already assumed the latter - there was nothing to be done for it but turn it somehow into an unexpected advantage as best possible. Removing the eyes would probably work, and it would be horrible, and he was not sure if there was a way around dealing with the link. With something like that, a blindfold might not be sufficient.

The Nephanda fixed her ice blue eyes at you, ice blue but so different from your sister's, where Helena's eyes fit just a bit to well with the magick she favored and might be a result of Resonance this woman's eyes just looked...unnatural.
"Clever boy."
The prisoner replied.
"I did not think you would find that tidbit out...quite so...quickly, so how do it feel to look into the eyes of my Master?"

He looked away - to a spot not directly into her eyes. Vampires could control one and he saw no reason why some demon could not do the same, or try to, though his mind was guarded at least. The feeling of being...assessed, yes that was it. Sized up, like having a profile done on each one of them. He didn't like it at all but he wasn't going to make it any easier for them to do it either, by rising to bait. Sometimes silence was the best choice.

[Common Room]

"No, you will wait here for my brother and Lady Crexia and then we will sort this out, if you had not tried to leave you would not find yourself in your current predicament...now did you ever lick cold metal as a child? Everyone did, unless you want to skin your hands and well, hind quarters remain where you are!"

He came to the top of the stairs, and then to the main room and stood a second as he realized what was going on. "Where do you think you are going, Adeptus? And why did you not come with your group, when your group leader told you do to so? I have been asked to fetch you. She would very much like to speak with you about these and other questions. Now. And I would not make a fuss about it sir, that would be most unwise."

// ooc - but he's a good boy! yes he is...yes!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Hum...yes perhaps that is so, from a certain point of view."
The Nephanda replied.
"Anyway this Moloch sounds like it could be one of the Weaver's creations, they would share their ehm...mother's ambitions."
Colin nodded, "Quite plausible. Though I don't know enough about shapeshifter mythology to make the assessment with any accuracy. I really ought to ask them..."

Anja wrote:"Well if that is to have any value Mr Wainwright then you better make sure whoever use magick to dig out an expanded basement do so in ways a sleeper bureaucracy would find...acceptable."
Crexia replied wryly.
He smiled equally wryly, "Well, now, the digging's less of an issue than having a simple paper trail for the displaced earth and stone. Sleeper bureaucracy is less concerned with the actual doing, than with having a bit of paper with the right words and signature."

Anja wrote:"Ah I see, well I guess a being like that would cause some waves coming and going Mr Wainwright...as for it's emissary, I do not know what she is but chances are she is a manifestation created by the Caul itself, which is very much not human, I do hope you do not have a problem with clowns."
The Nephanda replied with a bit of a chuckle.
He smiled wryly, "I don't fear clowns, no; never have. I'm afraid the visage of Pennywise did nothing for me..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Her eyes are...her eyes I believe are also direct investments, my guess is they allow her Master to see what she sees, or to see things that she wouldn't otherwise. Other than that, there is a personal ward up at the moment. The serum may break that down, perhaps but we could remove it. Traces of her disguise spell...some that I think are entropic, probably," he reported. He glanced aside to Crexia, for advice as to what to do about her eyes and the spells that were left. If Crexia wanted to use them before he destroyed the link. Then he looked back at her. For a moment, he looked at her - something...someone else was sitting far away, riding over her shoulder as if watching a camera.

Anja wrote:"I will dispell her personal ward, that should not be to hard as for her eyes, if they are direct investments cutting the link between them and this woman's Master...might be hard though it would explain how she have conveyed her information, and it means the creature she sold her soul to knows far more than we like it to."
Crexia replied.
"Mr Wainwright we might have to hold of on taking her to a make shift cell, for now let us take her to a ritual room and try to break that contact, if it do not work, I am going to need a knife."
S7trif3 wrote:He had already assumed the latter - there was nothing to be done for it but turn it somehow into an unexpected advantage as best possible. Removing the eyes would probably work, and it would be horrible, and he was not sure if there was a way around dealing with the link. With something like that, a blindfold might not be sufficient.
He frowned, "Keenly noticed, Amicus... If that's how she's been spying, then that's bloody clever..."

Anja wrote:The Nephanda fixed her ice blue eyes at you, ice blue but so different from your sister's, where Helena's eyes fit just a bit to well with the magick she favored and might be a result of Resonance this woman's eyes just looked...unnatural.
"Clever boy."
The prisoner replied.
She said and behind that pale gaze something...inhuman could almost be seen, good and evil where human concepts so calling this woman's Master for evil might not be the right term, it would mean nothing to him, but he was...inhuman, alien and powerful.
S7trif3 wrote:He looked away - to a spot not directly into her eyes. Vampires could control one and he saw no reason why some demon could not do the same, or try to, though his mind was guarded at least. The feeling of being...assessed, yes that was it. Sized up, like having a profile done on each one of them. He didn't like it at all but he wasn't going to make it any easier for them to do it either, by rising to bait. Sometimes silence was the best choice.
He paused, then firmly turned the Nephanda to face him as he looked into her eyes with no outward sign of fear or discomfort, "That's too bloody clever by half..."
Breaking the moment of contact by turning her head a little sideways again, he turned back to Crexia, "Same room as we petitioned for aid in, then? And might I suggest, we may no longer have the luxury of waiting for a volunteer to attempt to scrub Investments after all..."

((OOC: It's plausible Flavian was answering the call of nature when Crexia called for everyone to go downstairs; I'd be surprised if there wasn't a restroom attached to the common room in some manner. Not sure which of us made the mistake, it's a fair bet it was my bad, and nobody else caught it.))

((OOC2: Poker Face Merit for the win. Colin may be screaming inside at what he sees in the Nephanda's eyes, but there's nothing betraying that to what she can see. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Silently, Nicole gestured for the group to move back a little, pulling out her china pencil and scrawled the following quickly on the nearest wall; '3 targets doing device at [guestimated distance in metres]. Think we can take em if get a gap in fireballs. Give us that gap, rest of us go round and hit them with guns?' looking to the rest of the group, clearly seeing if they had anything to add.

[Ironic, that Adley made the decision that Nicole had already recommended regarding Flavian...]

[While not everyone in the same country would follow the same holidays, a majority would. It's easier to organise that than, say trying to find a 'suitable restaurant' for twenty people to eat at (as anyone who's had an 'office do' knows so well). And while it would be 'polite' for the court clerk to, say offer a date with the proviso 'can you do X?' it would be up to the other party to remember what dates can and can't be done. However, it's perfectly possible that a) the Chief forgot that 'Thankgiving is a thing' and/or b) he lacks the political clout to move it to a 'better' date and/or c) he's delayed it as much as he can already.]

[As with Nick...#1 she's been asked-told to do security. That's her job; as with the attacks, the idea this is *optional* is an alien concept. #2: it's advisable to have someone who at least understands the basics of how the Ethership works on it when flying. #3: she's got a grab-bag of 'things I want to do / need to do' on Horizon (perhaps we should all make our PC's lists of this once the current story has concluded) #4, the only one she's blowing off is really her Uncle, and unlike the others she can actually be sorta-honest with him why and #5 only the most nuts of people would decide Woonsocket was better than Concordia for a visit. *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:52 pm

[Basement]

He looked away - to a spot not directly into her eyes. Vampires could control one and he saw no reason why some demon could not do the same, or try to, though his mind was guarded at least. The feeling of being...assessed, yes that was it. Sized up, like having a profile done on each one of them. He didn't like it at all but he wasn't going to make it any easier for them to do it either, by rising to bait. Sometimes silence was the best choice.

"So you do not dare to look into the eyes of my Master Mr Roth Hicks? Well that is a wise enough precaution, even so young man he sees you."
The Nephanda says simply and the presence of something...alien continued as whoever had given this woman her Investments where looking through his minion's eyes, studying you intently.

Colin nodded, "Quite plausible. Though I don't know enough about shapeshifter mythology to make the assessment with any accuracy. I really ought to ask them..."

The prisoner simply nodded at that.

He smiled equally wryly, "Well, now, the digging's less of an issue than having a simple paper trail for the displaced earth and stone. Sleeper bureaucracy is less concerned with the actual doing, than with having a bit of paper with the right words and signature."

"Why would you involve Sleeper authorities at all in renovations to the basement of a Chantry Mr Wainwright, removed stones could be just moved into the Umbra or turned into something else, there is no need for the sleepers to know anything have transpired."
Crexia replied and she was clearly surprised at your reasoning here.

He smiled wryly, "I don't fear clowns, no; never have. I'm afraid the visage of Pennywise did nothing for me..."

"Good for you that will make it easier for you if you ever meet the Nightmare Carnival's Emissary, I do fear she is...disturbing quite a few of my younger Labyrinthmates with her visage."
The prisoner replied with a chuckle.

He frowned, "Keenly noticed, Amicus... If that's how she's been spying, then that's bloody clever..."

The Nephanda looked at you and smiled a little.

He paused, then firmly turned the Nephanda to face him as he looked into her eyes with no outward sign of fear or discomfort, "That's too bloody clever by half..."
Breaking the moment of contact by turning her head a little sideways again, he turned back to Crexia,

The prisoner just smiled a little, she did not like the indignity of being turned around and have her head moved but she did not resist. In her ice colored eyes you saw something...hungry looking back, something old, patient and destructive, and so very alien who gazed into you as you looked the woman in the eyes.

he turned back to Crexia, "Same room as we petitioned for aid in, then? And might I suggest, we may no longer have the luxury of waiting for a volunteer to attempt to scrub Investments after all..."

"Yes the room we used earlier will work well Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said then she considered.
"Hum...the sand might remove the link between her Master and her eyes but it might also traumatize her to such an extent that getting further information for her might prove difficult...and if we interrogate her before the one who own her soul will know every bit of information we get out of her, removing the eyes...manually might be a better option and it might still let me force what she knows out of her."
The lich said without compassion or pity in her voice. The Nephanda had at this time grown very, very quiet, she would not break down, cry or beg, she was to proud for that but she was clearly very, very scared.

[Common Room Again]

He came to the top of the stairs, and then to the main room and stood a second as he realized what was going on. "Where do you think you are going, Adeptus? And why did you not come with your group, when your group leader told you do to so? I have been asked to fetch you. She would very much like to speak with you about these and other questions. Now. And I would not make a fuss about it sir, that would be most unwise."

Flavian turned his head to look at Adley.
"I was using the facilities...out there in the hallway when the Archmistress left, I did not mean to disobey her orders."
The Tytalus tried.
"That do not explain why he tried to run brother."
Helena replied.
"Having left the room for five minutes would have been an easy thing to explain."
Flavian did not reply to that.
"Ok...ok Mr Roth Hicks I will come with you but your sister will have to let me up first..."
The come some mumbled, choice words in Latin about frost mages.

[Hospital]

Silently, Nicole gestured for the group to move back a little, pulling out her china pencil and scrawled the following quickly on the nearest wall; '3 targets doing device at [guestimated distance in metres]. Think we can take em if get a gap in fireballs. Give us that gap, rest of us go round and hit them with guns?' looking to the rest of the group, clearly seeing if they had anything to add.

"I might be able to give you a short gap...short."
Antonio wrote with two lines under short, before he flipped back to finish another written spell to diminish a new fireball than came down the holiday, he held up his book to show that was his second to last one. The others nodded, they would be ready when the Scribe gave them the gap in enemy...literal...fire that they needed.

(OOC: Off course he is a good boy, but perhaps he is also a good Bone Gnower.)
(OOC 2: Yes there is a loo out in the hallway in the first floor.)
(OOC 3: Poker face indeed.)
(OOC 4: You know what as someone who do follow different holidays than the majority in my nation I do not think Horizon would do that, one can not both claim Horizon is stuck up for not taking Thanksgiving into consideration and also say fuck the Pagans, it is quite annoying when others holidays are considered sacred but a Pagan can not get any free time or consideration for ours, fuck whoever is in a minority religion, and do you know what, the Verbena is rather sympathetic to Pagans so if only major holidays of a given nation was taken into consideration but not ones just as important to individuals they would raise hell. For the Chief Thanksgiving is not a think, he have delayed the trial as much as he can and when the thing at stake is the soul of one of his apprentices he do not care that much about if someone in the party might be missing a holiday all things considered. Well then sounds like Nicole is coming along after all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next