Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:53 am

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

"S-sorry. Its a bit much I know. I just sorta gathered the first few people who came to mind. I wanted to have a good number of options when picking a team." Serge said nervously.

"You did well child."
George said gently and he patted Serge on the shoulder after he had put a pot of tea and fresh mugs on the table for anyone who wanted a cup.

"It's probably gonna be both isn't it? If we take them to Steelhaven then the hitman's gonna come after them and we'll have to take them out anyways." Serge mused, "It's probably the best bet as well. The hitman's probably gonna have a bit of trouble sieging Steelhaven by himself. Although a worrying thought is if he contacts the local past labyrinths for help."

"Agreed, the best course of action is both to take young Mr Roth Hicks and young Miss Bouchard to safety and also take out the assassin before he have had a chance to call for help."
George said.
"Well he or she we do not know who this assassin is after all."

Serge nodded towards the Master as he came. He thought for a bit before absentmindedly saying to himself, "Are those the candies everyone keeps mentioning? What do they do exactly?"

"That is for Mr Wainwright to share and not me Mr Yager."
Amadeus said.
"Oh and George Mr Wainwright said he wanted what is left after we have dealt with this situation back."
The old Verbena said and George nodded.
"Off course off course...now please come in my friend and have a nice cup of tea while we discuss this."
Amadeus nodded at that.
"Thank you kindly George, I think that I will."
The healer said and he filled himself a cup of tea and looked around at the rest before asking.
"So where are we."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 am

[Common Room]
S7trif3 wrote:He gave a puzzled frown at the text as he tried to place who AN was and then his brows raised up. 'Please come to M. S'
Colin sighed, "It seems I will not be allowed to linger in one place for more than a few minutes at a time tonight... If you will excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, I've been asked to come to the Deacon Primus' apartment."
He nodded to Aldis and Cromwell, "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I will have to leave you here for a little while - I'll be back before we're due to head out, though. Perhaps you could get yourself better acquainted with the rest of the strike teams? Though the Hermetic members will likely be, well... skeptical."

He sighed again and headed up the stairs, to George's rooms.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 am

[Common Room]

Colin sighed, "It seems I will not be allowed to linger in one place for more than a few minutes at a time tonight... If you will excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, I've been asked to come to the Deacon Primus' apartment."

"Off course."
Rick said.
"We have a fight to get ready for anyway."

He nodded to Aldis and Cromwell, "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I will have to leave you here for a little while - I'll be back before we're due to head out, though. Perhaps you could get yourself better acquainted with the rest of the strike teams? Though the Hermetic members will likely be, well... skeptical."

"Very well Mr Wainwright and I will do as you suggest."
Aldis said with a bow.
"I can keep an eye on your guests in case they need anything while you are gone if you want Mr Wainwright."
Vanja offered.
"Vampires never bothered me much."
The Kiasyd gave a deep bow at this.
"Much obliged my lady."
Mr Cromwell looked around and said his favorite word.
"Nom noms?"

He sighed again and headed up the stairs, to George's rooms.

You got up the stairs and headed for George's rooms, you almost walked into Jon who was on the way to the same place and would have walked into him with the Virtual Adept had not stepped to the side, he was just suddenly there.
"Hey Colin."
The technomancer said looking up from his tablet.
"Heading to the Primus?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:44 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Don't think so...'

Anja's Post:

A puzzled frown, then the Etherite's eyes widened. 'We split into two groups after splitting from yours, sir - to cover more ground. Now one half is holding the altar and the other half is our reserve. Either of us can call on 'em if we need them...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole watched the Chief alertly, awaiting directions. 'Who gets to go in first?' she'll quip softly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:19 pm

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

"I am not saying we should sit and wait until Mr Sherman get here Mr Yager only that we will need as much information as possible before we make a final call on what to do."
George said.
"I am not so sure discussing theories will help us much, not without the ability to confirm them true or false, what we can do is plan in general terms about how to stop this."

"How did everything go with your part of our ideas, sir?"

Off course we will help young Warrior you are a member of this Chantry after all and so is Miss Bouchard."
Mara said kindly
"S-sorry. Its a bit much I know. I just sorta gathered the first few people who came to mind. I wanted to have a good number of options when picking a team." Serge said nervously.
"You did well child."
George said gently and he patted Serge on the shoulder after he had put a pot of tea and fresh mugs on the table for anyone who wanted a cup.

"Well, thanks..." he said, with a bit of an embarrassed smile. "There's nothing to apologize over."

You did not see Jon.

"He's not here, right? I'm not just missing him?"

"I believe the only two safe courses of action would be to either bring your past selves to a safe place like Steelhaven or to take out this assassin."
Ryan said
"It's probably gonna be both isn't it? If we take them to Steelhaven then the hitman's gonna come after them and we'll have to take them out anyways." Serge mused, "It's probably the best bet as well. The hitman's probably gonna have a bit of trouble sieging Steelhaven by himself. Although a worrying thought is if he contacts the local past labyrinths for help."

"Agreed, the best course of action is both to take young Mr Roth Hicks and young Miss Bouchard to safety and also take out the assassin before he have had a chance to call for help."
George said.

"That is a possibility and it might mess up both our timelines, but since we're mages paradox isn't likely to bother them for it." He frowned. "I think we may have to do both. And to set some kind of trap. There are those present here that were also part of the chantry then, which could lend some assistance with that."

At that there was a knock on the door and George went to answer it.
"Ah good evening Amadeus please come in."
He said letting Master Nassa into the room.
"Mr Wainwright said you would need these and also that you might need my help."
He said handing a bag over to George before he nodded to everyone in the room.[/quote]

"Hello, sir," he said with a nod to him. It was odd seeing Master Nassa with George, seemingly quite friendly. Apparently Master Nassa's hatred mostly confined itself to Flambeau.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:09 pm

"How did everything go with your part of our ideas, sir?"

"Quite well two spirits have been recruited to help us."
George said with a smile.

"He's not here, right? I'm not just missing him?"

"No I do not believe Mr Sherman is back yet Sodalis."
The Primus replied.

"That is a possibility and it might mess up both our timelines, but since we're mages paradox isn't likely to bother them for it." He frowned. "I think we may have to do both. And to set some kind of trap. There are those present here that were also part of the chantry then, which could lend some assistance with that."

"There is also the possibility of making your past selves forget what they have seen if they are taken to Steelhaven if the past, if the magi of this Chantry remember seeing your younger selves that will be less of an issue."
The old Guernicus pointed out.

"Hello, sir," he said with a nod to him. It was odd seeing Master Nassa with George, seemingly quite friendly. Apparently Master Nassa's hatred mostly confined itself to Flambeau.

"Good evening."
Amadeus said stiffly with a bit of a frown on seeing you.

[Abandoned Hospital]

Don't think so...'

"I will see you later then."
Marian said.

A puzzled frown, then the Etherite's eyes widened. 'We split into two groups after splitting from yours, sir - to cover more ground. Now one half is holding the altar and the other half is our reserve. Either of us can call on 'em if we need them...'

"Ah understood, very well then, that is acceptable, we have who we need here I think."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

Nicole watched the Chief alertly, awaiting directions. 'Who gets to go in first?' she'll quip softly.

"I am Miss Bouchard, you and Mr...ehm Tetanus follow but stay behind my shields then the rest."
The war mage said before he opened the door to the lap and stepped inside, you heard him swearing and then begun muttering the words of a spell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Anja wrote:"Agreed, the best course of action is both to take young Mr Roth Hicks and young Miss Bouchard to safety and also take out the assassin before he have had a chance to call for help."
George said.
Adley wrote:"That is a possibility and it might mess up both our timelines, but since we're mages paradox isn't likely to bother them for it." He frowned. "I think we may have to do both. And to set some kind of trap. There are those present here that were also part of the chantry then, which could lend some assistance with that."
Anja wrote:"There is also the possibility of making your past selves forget what they have seen if they are taken to Steelhaven if the past, if the magi of this Chantry remember seeing your younger selves that will be less of an issue."

"I like that idea. You guys could possess yourselves the night beforehand and then go chill at the chantry. If this guys is expecting you two to be at this location at this time, we might be able to use that against him. He'll just be waiting at the location and once he realizes you guys aren't there he might try and search for you using magick. If we can fool that magick we can lead him into a trap." Serge commented.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:03 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright and I will do as you suggest."
Aldis said with a bow.
"I can keep an eye on your guests in case they need anything while you are gone if you want Mr Wainwright."
Vanja offered.
"Vampires never bothered me much."
The Kiasyd gave a deep bow at this.
"Much obliged my lady."
Mr Cromwell looked around and said his favorite word.
"Nom noms?"
Colin smiled at Cromwell's question, "Thank you... but do not let the little goblin go through everything in the kitchen. Hum, I do believe there are some cookies in the cabinet closest to the door, just through there - you might offer those around, come to think of it."

Anja wrote:You got up the stairs and headed for George's rooms, you almost walked into Jon who was on the way to the same place and would have walked into him with the Virtual Adept had not stepped to the side, he was just suddenly there.
"Hey Colin."
The technomancer said looking up from his tablet.
"Heading to the Primus?"
He arched an eyebrow as they trudged along, "Hello, Jon... increasingly imperceptible, or was that intentional? And yes, our Cabalmate asked me to come up, to discuss a couple of things... you're aware of the Fallen Chronomancer's scheme, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:10 pm

"I like that idea. You guys could possess yourselves the night beforehand and then go chill at the chantry. If this guys is expecting you two to be at this location at this time, we might be able to use that against him. He'll just be waiting at the location and once he realizes you guys aren't there he might try and search for you using magick. If we can fool that magick we can lead him into a trap." Serge commented.

George nodded.
"We might be able to do that, creating a decoy for someone's Resonance is old magick found in many Paradigms, it is possible that we get Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard to safety and then keep the decoy spells where the Nephandus think they should be and use that to lure him or her out."
The old Guernicus said.
"It should not be to hard to do either."

[Common Room]

Colin smiled at Cromwell's question, "Thank you... but do not let the little goblin go through everything in the kitchen. Hum, I do believe there are some cookies in the cabinet closest to the door, just through there - you might offer those around, come to think of it."

"I would never let my servant help himself to whatever he desire in another's house without leave."
The Kiasyd replied.
"That would be rude, I am sure Mr Cromwell would loave some cookies though I am not so sure other magi would eat treats that I offer around."
Mr Amelie said. Cromwell grinned and repeated.
"Nom noms."

He arched an eyebrow as they trudged along, "Hello, Jon... increasingly imperceptible, or was that intentional? And yes, our Cabalmate asked me to come up, to discuss a couple of things... you're aware of the Fallen Chronomancer's scheme, then?"

"I am aware yes...I was asked to gather some information."
Jon said indicating his tablet.
"And no, stepping out of the way was intentional but you not noticing me just happens."
He said with a sigh.
"Perhaps one day...no one will know I even exist or notice me again at all."
He muttered sadly as if he thought there was a real risk of that, and perhaps there was.
"Well be that as it may let us focus on saving our Cabalmates."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

"Quite well two spirits have been recruited to help us."
George said with a smile.

"Good news."

"No I do not believe Mr Sherman is back yet Sodalis."
The Primus replied.

"Just making sure."

"There is also the possibility of making your past selves forget what they have seen if they are taken to Steelhaven if the past, if the magi of this Chantry remember seeing your younger selves that will be less of an issue."

"That makes sense."

orge nodded.
"We might be able to do that, creating a decoy for someone's Resonance is old magick found in many Paradigms, it is possible that we get Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard to safety and then keep the decoy spells where the Nephandus think they should be and use that to lure him or her out."
The old Guernicus said.

He nodded thoughtfully at this. "Um, wait, so I wouldn't have resonance yet because I never cast anything...or is it?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:43 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"I would never let my servant help himself to whatever he desire in another's house without leave."
The Kiasyd replied.
"That would be rude, I am sure Mr Cromwell would loave some cookies though I am not so sure other magi would eat treats that I offer around."
Mr Amelie said. Cromwell grinned and repeated.
"Nom noms."
Colin grinned, "Well, if Vanja here is so kind as to get the cookies and offer them around, I'm sure that would be fine."

Anja wrote:"I am aware yes...I was asked to gather some information."
Jon said indicating his tablet.
"And no, stepping out of the way was intentional but you not noticing me just happens."
He said with a sigh.
"Perhaps one day...no one will know I even exist or notice me again at all."
He muttered sadly as if he thought there was a real risk of that, and perhaps there was.
"Well be that as it may let us focus on saving our Cabalmates."
He frowned, "Hopefully, it won't get that far - that path sounds like it would lead... nowhere good. But yes, let us focus on the immediate danger for now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 pm

"Good news."

"Indeed you and Miss Bouchard already have an unseen protector."
George said with a bit of a smile.

"Just making sure."

"That is probably wise child."
George said with a bit of a smile.
"Your Cabalmate is easy to miss."

He nodded thoughtfully at this. "Um, wait, so I wouldn't have resonance yet because I never cast anything...or is it?"

"This is true you would not have a magickal Resonance but you would still have...energies, your name, your person the things that someone might scry for to find you and we can use this as well in order to set up a decoy, it is not as strong as a mage's sigil but it should still work."
The Primus replied.

[Common Room]

Colin grinned, "Well, if Vanja here is so kind as to get the cookies and offer them around, I'm sure that would be fine."

"I can do that Mr Wainwright and yes Mr Cromwell there will be some cookies for you as well."
Vanja said with a smile and the goblin grinned.
"Jay...nom nom..."
He exclaimed enthusiastically, it really was his favorite word.

He frowned, "Hopefully, it won't get that far - that path sounds like it would lead... nowhere good.

"I hope you are right Colin and yes that would not be good."
Jon replied sadly.

But yes, let us focus on the immediate danger for now."

"Indeed so."
The Virtual Adept said and he went to knock on George's door. The old Guernicus soon opened it up and smiled to the two other mages.
"Mr Wainwright, Mr Sherman...please do come in."
He said as he motioned the two of you into his now rather full living room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:58 pm

"This is true you would not have a magickal Resonance but you would still have...energies, your name, your person the things that someone might scry for to find you and we can use this as well in order to set up a decoy, it is not as strong as a mage's sigil but it should still work."
The Primus replied.

"They must have something they're using as leverage," he agreed.

"Indeed so."
The Virtual Adept said and he went to knock on George's door. The old Guernicus soon opened it up and smiled to the two other mages.

"Welcome to the rescue party," he said with a wry smile. "Find anything useful?" he asked Jon. Then he said to Colin, "Amicus I mostly asked you here to see if you wanted to directly help." He wrote out the basic ideas that had been put forth, and underlined the one he thought he might help with: those that were in the chantry in the correct year to sort of inhabit your own past selves.. He handed it to him. "I'm sorry to bother you, I know a lot of things have to be done..." He looked a bit embarrassed and also overwhelmed even as he tried to make some room for Colin without being rude or obvious.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Anja wrote:George nodded.
The old Guernicus said.
Adley wrote:He nodded thoughtfully at this. "Um, wait, so I wouldn't have resonance yet because I never cast anything...or is it?"
Anja wrote:"This is true you would not have a magickal Resonance but you would still have...energies, your name, your person the things that someone might scry for to find you and we can use this as well in order to set up a decoy, it is not as strong as a mage's sigil but it should still work."
The Primus replied.

"We could lure him to a nearby location and ambush him with the past mages of Steelhaven. As powerful as he may be I doubt he can handle 10 spells shot at him at the same time." Serge said, leaning down onto the map. "Where to lure him too is another question in and of itself. Somewhere near the watch shop or somewhere else?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed so."
Adley wrote:"Welcome to the rescue party," he said with a wry smile. "Find anything useful?" he asked Jon. Then he said to Colin, "Amicus I mostly asked you here to see if you wanted to directly help." He wrote out the basic ideas that had been put forth, and underlined the one he thought he might help with: those that were in the chantry in the correct year to sort of inhabit your own past selves.. He handed it to him. "I'm sorry to bother you, I know a lot of things have to be done..." He looked a bit embarrassed and also overwhelmed even as he tried to make some room for Colin without being rude or obvious.

"Hey! You guys are finally here. Learn anything new?" Serge said with a smile as he saw the recent arrivals.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:04 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

Quickly, Nicole followed the Chief in his wake; close enough to be able to back him up but - hopefully - not so close she could be caught in any splash damage. Following the standard rules for this kind of thing; to use speed and violence to establish a "beachhead" in the hallway, then to push hard to allow the second wave to enter the fray.

Therefore, she had two goals; to find cover and to suppress enemy fire...

[Attempting 'Deadaim' for any obvious enemy she encounters on other side of door. Trying to speed this up a bit so she can get back to the meeting at the Chantry...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 pm

Anja wrote:"Indeed so."
Colin nodded, "Good evening, Sir."

S7trif3 wrote:"Welcome to the rescue party," he said with a wry smile. "Find anything useful?" he asked Jon. Then he said to Colin, "Amicus I mostly asked you here to see if you wanted to directly help." He wrote out the basic ideas that had been put forth, and underlined the one he thought he might help with: those that were in the chantry in the correct year to sort of inhabit your own past selves.. He handed it to him. "I'm sorry to bother you, I know a lot of things have to be done..." He looked a bit embarrassed and also overwhelmed even as he tried to make some room for Colin without being rude or obvious.
He frowned, "Ah, if we're sending two people back in the flesh, I might be able to participate, but if we're just sending minds back... I don't think I would be a good choice at all."
He looked up at George, "At that time, I was still... heavily medicated, to cope with... life. I don't know how my present-day mind would fare going back to my brain then; perhaps I'd curl up in a ball at the first loud noise and bright flash of light, or perhaps I'd be able to control it... but it'd not be worth the risk."
He paused, "Knowing a bit about the ebb and flow of time, I could certainly assist with the ritual to send someone back, though - at least there I should be able to offer some aid. A spot of Quintessence, and of course the candies to ameliorate the Scourge after..."

Jeremy wrote:"Hey! You guys are finally here. Learn anything new?" Serge said with a smile as he saw the recent arrivals.
He smiled wryly, "About this problem? No. But I have called in another acquaintance to help us in the Labyrinth - a certain Mr. Aldis Ameli, the Kiasyd we crossed paths with two months back."
He looked to George and Adley, "My apologies for simply calling him in, I expect a long lecture from the Chief later, but I am convinced it was a good call, all the same, and he's here on my responsibility."
He looked to Serge again, "And he's interested in meeting you, as I mentioned."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:49 am

"We could lure him to a nearby location and ambush him with the past mages of Steelhaven. As powerful as he may be I doubt he can handle 10 spells shot at him at the same time." Serge said, leaning down onto the map. "Where to lure him too is another question in and of itself. Somewhere near the watch shop or somewhere else?"

"First, we'll have to find the target, and for that they'll have to reveal themselves somehow, enough in advance where we can act."

He frowned, "Ah, if we're sending two people back in the flesh, I might be able to participate, but if we're just sending minds back... I don't think I would be a good choice at all." He looked up at George, "At that time, I was still... heavily medicated, to cope with... life. I don't know how my present-day mind would fare going back to my brain then; perhaps I'd curl up in a ball at the first loud noise and bright flash of light, or perhaps I'd be able to control it... but it'd not be worth the risk."

"Ah, I'm sorry I should have realized..."

He paused, "Knowing a bit about the ebb and flow of time, I could certainly assist with the ritual to send someone back, though - at least there I should be able to offer some aid. A spot of Quintessence, and of course the candies to ameliorate the Scourge after..."

He smiled wryly, "About this problem? No. But I have called in another acquaintance to help us in the Labyrinth - a certain Mr. Aldis Ameli, the Kiasyd we crossed paths with two months back."
He looked to George and Adley, "My apologies for simply calling him in, I expect a long lecture from the Chief later, but I am convinced it was a good call, all the same, and he's here on my responsibility."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "My sora is overjoyed, as well, no doubt."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:05 am

"They must have something they're using as leverage," he agreed.

"Agreed they have some knowledge they use to find you and Miss Bouchard."

"Welcome to the rescue party," he said with a wry smile. "Find anything useful?" he asked Jon.

"Not much as this is a thing that have not happened yet, I find a police rapport about two shorts heard in the area and then nothing before the rapport about the two ehm...bodies was found."
Jon said with a sigh.
"I went through everything I am sorry but there is not much there."

"If this guy knows Steelhaven is a Chantry he is not likely to actually come near the place, not if he is smart."
Ryan said.
"Also remember the Law of Shade kids, we can not have a army of mages out on the street blasting spells at someone he would have to be lured somewhere where there are no sleepers to see."

"Hey! You guys are finally here. Learn anything new?" Serge said with a smile as he saw the recent arrivals.

"Someone heard a few shots and reported that to the police other than that not much, not yet at least."
Jon said and he shook his head.

Colin nodded, "Good evening, Sir."

"Good evening Mr Wainwright can I get you a cup of tea?"
George offered.
"What about you Mr Sherman?"
"Ehm...thank you yes please Master Steelhaven."
Jon replied and George filled a cup and handed it to him.

He frowned, "Ah, if we're sending two people back in the flesh, I might be able to participate, but if we're just sending minds back... I don't think I would be a good choice at all."
He looked up at George, "At that time, I was still... heavily medicated, to cope with... life. I don't know how my present-day mind would fare going back to my brain then; perhaps I'd curl up in a ball at the first loud noise and bright flash of light, or perhaps I'd be able to control it... but it'd not be worth the risk."

George gave Colin a compassionate look but he did not comment.

"The candies and your aid will be most welcome Mr Wainwright."
George said with a nod.
"Quintessence will be needed but I do have some of my own that can be used."

The old Guernicus raised an eyebrow at that.
"A Massassa, well I trust his usefulness will outweigh the risk."
He muttered and Mara smiles.
"I can feel the man, a sas shadow caught between darkness and the light."

"First, we'll have to find the target, and for that they'll have to reveal themselves somehow, enough in advance where we can act."

Ryan nodded at that.
"Agreed, but we will also have to find this assassin."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "My sora is overjoyed, as well, no doubt."

George gave a chuckle at that.

[Abandoned Hospital]

Quickly, Nicole followed the Chief in his wake; close enough to be able to back him up but - hopefully - not so close she could be caught in any splash damage. Following the standard rules for this kind of thing; to use speed and violence to establish a "beachhead" in the hallway, then to push hard to allow the second wave to enter the fray.

Therefore, she had two goals; to find cover and to suppress enemy fire...

Inside the lab there stood a horror, it was humanoid sort of, but elongated, well over 7 feet tall, from it's back came tentacles and it had a horrid maw filled with jagged teeth, it's eyes was bright ruby red, it was wearing fine clothes but that did not change how distorted it's body was and how deformed the head. The lab itself was large, along one wall there was several large vats with human bodies in different stages of development in yellow liquid, there was three tables with straps, one of them held a screaming, pregnant woman, there where also several benches filed with equipments and cabinets for supplies towards the far end. Four people, two men and two woman was there as well they where moving to cover and one fo them was opening fire on your group but they only hit the Chief's shield.

You fired at the thing in the back of the room and you hit it, but all it did was raise it's arm and shoot a splint of bone towards you, missing, before it moved into cover. Jeffry shot out a ball of flame though and this got the creature scared, it managed to toss itself towards the floor screaming in anger and fear, though it was clearly readying to attack again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:19 am

Anja wrote:"Good evening Mr Wainwright can I get you a cup of tea?"
George offered.
"What about you Mr Sherman?"
"Ehm...thank you yes please Master Steelhaven."
Jon replied and George filled a cup and handed it to him.
Colin smiled wryly and nodded, "Thank you, Sir, it seems to be the night for it."

Anja wrote:George gave Colin a compassionate look but he did not comment.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, I'm sorry I should have realized..."
He shook his head, "You shouldn't have... I don't really talk about... how I was, then, and you didn't arrive here until after I'd accepted help. And even after the trauma was locked away, I took some time weaning myself of the array of medications."

Anja wrote:"The candies and your aid will be most welcome Mr Wainwright."
George said with a nod.
"Quintessence will be needed but I do have some of my own that can be used."
He grinned and held up the ring, "Quite, but I've got a surprising amount to spare; one could almost say Fate brought this back to me. In fact, I'd be quite inclined to say Fate had something to do with it."

Anja wrote:The old Guernicus raised an eyebrow at that.
"A Massassa, well I trust his usefulness will outweigh the risk."
He muttered and Mara smiles.
"I can feel the man, a sas shadow caught between darkness and the light."
He nodded, "His particular Fay lineage gives him an uncanny ability to navigate underground passages - perfect to find our way in the Labyrinth. His price for the task is already agreed upon, and should not affect the Chantry at all. He's not hired to be in a position where he's likely to be injured, so his blood should not pose a risk."

S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at that. "My sora is overjoyed, as well, no doubt."
Anja wrote:George gave a chuckle at that.
He sighed, "Ecstatic. So much so, she froze her phone over... Hopefully, Master Sharaya was able to lend her a working one, and save her SIM card..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:20 am

"Not much as this is a thing that have not happened yet, I find a police rapport about two shorts heard in the area and then nothing before the rapport about the two ehm...bodies was found."
Jon said with a sigh.
"I went through everything I am sorry but there is not much there."

"Who knows it might be better there isn't...that might mean that it has become more solidified somehow."

He shook his head, "You shouldn't have... I don't really talk about... how I was, then, and you didn't arrive here until after I'd accepted help. And even after the trauma was locked away, I took some time weaning myself of the array of medications."

"I suppose that is so," he said, though he still seemed sorry he'd asked since it meant he had to talk about it.

He nodded, "His particular Fay lineage gives him an uncanny ability to navigate underground passages - perfect to find our way in the Labyrinth. His price for the task is already agreed upon, and should not affect the Chantry at all. He's not hired to be in a position where he's likely to be injured, so his blood should not pose a risk."

He frowned. "We're going to have to see what team they'll be on..."

He sighed, "Ecstatic. So much so, she froze her phone over... Hopefully, Master Sharaya was able to lend her a working one, and save her SIM card..."

He shook his head at him. "No problem, just put it in the room with my pater when he hears, and it will heat right up again," he deadpanned. "Alright, well...there are certainly a great many people here to help, but we probably need to figure out personnel on this thing."

Ryan nodded at that.
"Agreed, but we will also have to find this assassin."

He blinked at Ryan. "That's whom I meant."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:37 am

Colin smiled wryly and nodded, "Thank you, Sir, it seems to be the night for it."

"So it dos child, so it does."
George said and he filled a cup for you as well and handed it to you.
"Here, my own blend to warm your bones on this dark night."

He grinned and held up the ring, "Quite, but I've got a surprising amount to spare; one could almost say Fate brought this back to me. In fact, I'd be quite inclined to say Fate had something to do with it."

"I am quite sure it was fate indeed Mr Wainwright however remember I will have little need of my personal stores of Quintessence once I leave, or at least so I believe."
George said.
"But if you wish to contribute I will accept it my good man."

"Hum...most interesting, well such a navigator might be most useful and as long and his blood is not spilled the man should not be dangerous."
George said and Mara nodded.
"He lives, when he should not live, the fay was never meant to be undead, but there is no evil in his heart, he only seek the wonder he have been denied."

"Ironic is it not that such modern wonders are so sensitive to heat and cold."
The Primus commented with another chuckle.

Who knows it might be better there isn't...that might mean that it has become more solidified somehow."

"Yeah I might be able to find more, if the new past become...closer to the real one and that would not be good at all."
Jon commented with a frown.

He frowned. "We're going to have to see what team they'll be on..."

"I know we have a Ruby Child with us I suggest putting the undead fay on the same team as him to better help spread information among the other teams...but that will be Miss Mar's choice as until Jeffry return she handle battle preparations it is not my department."
George said with a nod.

He shook his head at him. "No problem, just put it in the room with my pater when he hears, and it will heat right up again," he deadpanned. "Alright, well...there are certainly a great many people here to help, but we probably need to figure out personnel on this thing."

"Well Mara is not completely stuck in ur time as it is so she would be the easiest to send back."
The Primus said.
"And as you have seen she is a powerful maga with a keen grip of the river of time itself, she might be able to send someone who have been sent to the past and she is a Master of the Art."
The old Guernicus continued and Mara gave him a smile as she poured herself another cup of tea, then poured another and wriggled her fingers over it turning it into lemonade and handing the cup to Serge with a wink.

He blinked at Ryan. "That's whom I meant."

"Sorry I misunderstood."
Ryan said then he gave you a thumbs up.
"Then we are on the same page."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Anja wrote:"So it dos child, so it does."
George said and he filled a cup for you as well and handed it to you.
"Here, my own blend to warm your bones on this dark night."
Colin smiled and accepted the cup, "You have the grace of an angel, Sir."

S7trif3 wrote:"I suppose that is so," he said, though he still seemed sorry he'd asked since it meant he had to talk about it.
He just smiled thinly and shrugged.

Anja wrote:"I am quite sure it was fate indeed Mr Wainwright however remember I will have little need of my personal stores of Quintessence once I leave, or at least so I believe."
George said.
"But if you wish to contribute I will accept it my good man."
He nodded, "Of course. We shall see what stores will be necessary to dip into."

Anja wrote:"Hum...most interesting, well such a navigator might be most useful and as long and his blood is not spilled the man should not be dangerous."
George said and Mara nodded.
"He lives, when he should not live, the fay was never meant to be undead, but there is no evil in his heart, he only seek the wonder he have been denied."
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned. "We're going to have to see what team they'll be on..."
Anja wrote:"I know we have a Ruby Child with us I suggest putting the undead fay on the same team as him to better help spread information among the other teams...but that will be Miss Mar's choice as until Jeffry return she handle battle preparations it is not my department."
George said with a nod.
He nodded to Mara, "That's the impression I get from him, too - a kind soul, who cares for others; who makes the effort to get medical care for a normal, but clever bird. And yes, Miss Mar will likely be able to handle things... gracefully."

Anja wrote:"Ironic is it not that such modern wonders are so sensitive to heat and cold."
The Primus commented with another chuckle.
He grinned, "That's not ironic. What is ironic is how they're dependent on electricity, but too much or too little power will destroy them..."

S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head at him. "No problem, just put it in the room with my pater when he hears, and it will heat right up again," he deadpanned. "Alright, well...there are certainly a great many people here to help, but we probably need to figure out personnel on this thing."
Anja wrote:"Well Mara is not completely stuck in ur time as it is so she would be the easiest to send back."
The Primus said.
"And as you have seen she is a powerful maga with a keen grip of the river of time itself, she might be able to send someone who have been sent to the past and she is a Master of the Art."
The old Guernicus continued and Mara gave him a smile as she poured herself another cup of tea, then poured another and wriggled her fingers over it turning it into lemonade and handing the cup to Serge with a wink.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Lady Mara will probably be a potent agent, and, ah, yes, whoever goes may find themselves treated to some amusement - whoever the Fallen Chronomancer sent should be subject to a rather cartoonish streak of bad luck - I'm not able to directly slow down the time travel spell, but I do believe I managed to weave a nasty bit of misfortune into it unnoticed. Hopefully, Anna didn't wear herself out slowing the man down, but she might be a little drained. As am I - I rather pulled out almost all the stops to trouble the would-be assassin, myself..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Colin smiled and accepted the cup, "You have the grace of an angel, Sir."

George smiled a little at that.
"The simple comforts of life child, the simple comforts of life."

He nodded, "Of course. We shall see what stores will be necessary to dip into."

"Indeed so, we will use what resources are needed to see Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks safe."
The old Guernicus agreed.

He nodded to Mara, "That's the impression I get from him, too - a kind soul, who cares for others; who makes the effort to get medical care for a normal, but clever bird. And yes, Miss Mar will likely be able to handle things... gracefully."

"It is sad but I do not believe this man is a threat to us or anyone else."
Mara said.
"Not unless he is provoked but it is still so sad, so very sad."

He grinned, "That's not ironic. What is ironic is how they're dependent on electricity, but too much or too little power will destroy them..."

"That is a fair point my good man."
George replied.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Lady Mara will probably be a potent agent, and, ah, yes, whoever goes may find themselves treated to some amusement - whoever the Fallen Chronomancer sent should be subject to a rather cartoonish streak of bad luck - I'm not able to directly slow down the time travel spell, but I do believe I managed to weave a nasty bit of misfortune into it unnoticed. Hopefully, Anna didn't wear herself out slowing the man down, but she might be a little drained. As am I - I rather pulled out almost all the stops to trouble the would-be assassin, myself..."

"The Deaconess then, and for the second person, perhaps Master Nassa, in case anyone is injured."
Ryan said and Jon glanced up.
"I could try to run a search for someone who have had a bizarre streak of bad luck back in 2013."
The Virtual Adept offered. Ryan nodded.
"Do you need a rest before we go after the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright? I am feeling a build up of Paradox but I can still do a time bubble or two."
The Cultist offered.
"And yeah checking for someone having bad luck enough to get on the news might be a good idea."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Continuing to move out of the way of the door so the ones behind her could enter the fray; looking around to see if there was any cover handy. Practising move-and-fire, engaging the tentacled target, going for the head for preference...

[Attempting 'Deadaim'.]

[You meant a 'streak of bad luck in 2003' not 2013? Also, assuming that the combat ranges are rather short. If we're fighting at considerable distance simply have her aim at the target in general terms.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Anja wrote:"It is sad but I do not believe this man is a threat to us or anyone else."
Mara said.
"Not unless he is provoked but it is still so sad, so very sad."
Colin nodded, "Very much so."

Anja wrote:"The Deaconess then, and for the second person, perhaps Master Nassa, in case anyone is injured."
Ryan said and Jon glanced up.
"I could try to run a search for someone who have had a bizarre streak of bad luck back in 2013."
The Virtual Adept offered. Ryan nodded.
"Do you need a rest before we go after the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright? I am feeling a build up of Paradox but I can still do a time bubble or two."
The Cultist offered.
"And yeah checking for someone having bad luck enough to get on the news might be a good idea."
He nodded, "Master Nassa would be a good choice for both offense and healing, yes. And yes, a bit of rest between saving the past and saving the present might useful; at that point, if there are any candies left, I'm sure the donor would not greatly object to using one for recuperation like that, either. He was quite firm about the purpose for which they were given, but he also said I could keep any leftovers, so long as I don't use them to cover up abuses of the timeline."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next