Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:15 pm

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

Colin nodded, "Very much so."

Mara nodded sadly and muttered.
"There is colors one will never experience if one are denied the eyes to see."

He nodded, "Master Nassa would be a good choice for both offense and healing, yes. And yes, a bit of rest between saving the past and saving the present might useful; at that point, if there are any candies left, I'm sure the donor would not greatly object to using one for recuperation like that, either. He was quite firm about the purpose for which they were given, but he also said I could keep any leftovers, so long as I don't use them to cover up abuses of the timeline."

"Well time bubbles are allot less damaging to the timeline than going back in time, I will not object to such candies but there are probably those that need them more while the bubbles I have made do stack up after a while, I doubt if I will get a serious backlash."
Ryan said and George nodded.
"We will see what time there are. Mow for our current issue I do think both Mara and Amadeus would be good choices to send they both have the power needed to protect our two young friends and between them possess both knowledge of time itself and considerable healing abilities."
The Primus said.
"They would be good choices."
H added and looked around to see if anyone had something to add about that."

[Abandoned Hospital]

Continuing to move out of the way of the door so the ones behind her could enter the fray; looking around to see if there was any cover handy. Practising move-and-fire, engaging the tentacled target, going for the head for preference...

You fired at the tentacled man thing and hit it twice in the shoulder, the thing was fast though and as you went for a table you could overturn to get cover behind a tentacle shot towards you hitting your side hard, the thing had some range, before it hid behind another table to try to avoid a stream of fire shot towards it from the Chief's hand. The four presumably Nephandi in the room scattered to get away from the fire, one of them opened fire against the Chief, the second was tackled to the floor by Tetanus who launched himself into the room, the two others sought cover and one of them started chanting in that odd Nephandi language.

(OOC: Yes it is inside of a room to it is fairly close. Also yes I meant 2003 sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Timely Rescue, The Green Marble Altar and Battle Plans IC Thread 47

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:54 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Trying to ignore the pain in her side or the fact that a table wouldn't offer much cover. Raising her carbine again, Nicole noticed her primary target had passed out of range, so quickly picked a new target and fired...

[Attempting 'Deadaim' on most visible target. Ideally, not the one Tetanus is currently tackling. Plus, she'll be looking for another piece of cover which she could move to.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:37 pm

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

Colin wrote:He looked to Serge again, "And he's interested in meeting you, as I mentioned."

"The fae vampire and the goblin right? Damn I wanna meet him too. Goblins are cool. Great fantasy comic relief." Serge said with a devilish grin.

Adley wrote:"First, we'll have to find the target, and for that they'll have to reveal themselves somehow, enough in advance where we can act."
Anja wrote:Ryan nodded at that.
"Agreed, but we will also have to find this assassin."

"Isn't that what one of the spirits is for?" Serge asked, remembering the plans they had made before. "To track him down?"

Anja wrote:"If this guy knows Steelhaven is a Chantry he is not likely to actually come near the place, not if he is smart."
Ryan said.
"Also remember the Law of Shade kids, we can not have a army of mages out on the street blasting spells at someone he would have to be lured somewhere where there are no sleepers to see."
Anja wrote:"Someone heard a few shots and reported that to the police other than that not much, not yet at least."
Jon said and he shook his head.

"I think near the watch place is good. Even better if we could fool his senses into thinking that their where their suppose to be. It might make it harder for him to realize somethings wrong." Serge mused, "Luring him into an alley would be good. An allyway that we could enchant to avoid mortal eyes. And if not spells we could just shoot him a lot of times. Make those police reports true."

Anja wrote:The old Guernicus continued and Mara gave him a smile as she poured herself another cup of tea, then poured another and wriggled her fingers over it turning it into lemonade and handing the cup to Serge with a wink.

Serge noticed and smiled at the spell, taking the lemonade with a look of gratitude for the Deaconess and downing it quite heartily.

Anja wrote:"Well Mara is not completely stuck in ur time as it is so she would be the easiest to send back."
The Primus said.
"And as you have seen she is a powerful maga with a keen grip of the river of time itself, she might be able to send someone who have been sent to the past and she is a Master of the Art."
The old Guernicus continued and Mara gave him a smile as she poured herself another cup of tea, then poured another and wriggled her fingers over it turning it into lemonade and handing the cup to Serge with a wink.

Colin wrote:He nodded thoughtfully, "Lady Mara will probably be a potent agent, and, ah, yes, whoever goes may find themselves treated to some amusement - whoever the Fallen Chronomancer sent should be subject to a rather cartoonish streak of bad luck - I'm not able to directly slow down the time travel spell, but I do believe I managed to weave a nasty bit of misfortune into it unnoticed. Hopefully, Anna didn't wear herself out slowing the man down, but she might be a little drained. As am I - I rather pulled out almost all the stops to trouble the would-be assassin, myself..."
Anja wrote:"The Deaconess then, and for the second person, perhaps Master Nassa, in case anyone is injured."
Ryan said and Jon glanced up.
"I could try to run a search for someone who have had a bizarre streak of bad luck back in 2013."
The Virtual Adept offered. Ryan nodded.
"Do you need a rest before we go after the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright? I am feeling a build up of Paradox but I can still do a time bubble or two."
The Cultist offered.
"And yeah checking for someone having bad luck enough to get on the news might be a good idea."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Master Nassa would be a good choice for both offense and healing, yes. And yes, a bit of rest between saving the past and saving the present might useful; at that point, if there are any candies left, I'm sure the donor would not greatly object to using one for recuperation like that, either. He was quite firm about the purpose for which they were given, but he also said I could keep any leftovers, so long as I don't use them to cover up abuses of the timeline."

"Do that search." Serge said to Jon after finishing his glass of lemonade. "The more we know about this hitman the better. If Mr. Wainwright tagged him in the past without him noticing we should take advantage of that anyway we can."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Trying to ignore the pain in her side or the fact that a table wouldn't offer much cover. Raising her carbine again, Nicole noticed her primary target had passed out of range, so quickly picked a new target and fired...

You fired at the man who was chanting something and hit his hip, he gave you a rather shocked look and he fell to the ground with a grunt, at least he had stopped chanting. Shots was fired on both sides, then suddenly the strange creature with the tentacles sort of vanished, and a pool of blood started flowing towards you, as if it was living, sentient blood and it was floating towards you. Jeffry ended one of the Nephandi who was trying to free his friend from Tetanus' grip, neatly aiming his fire not to singe the Ratkin's fur. Strawberry rushed in and attacked one of the remaining guys with guns.

[George's Rooms]

"Isn't that what one of the spirits is for?" Serge asked, remembering the plans they had made before. "To track him down?"

"One of the spirits are protecting Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks younger selves."
George said.
"The other have his tasks but remember Mr Yager that even if we send a spirit to try to find this assassin it need to have something to go on, just there being something out of time might not be enough."

"I think near the watch place is good. Even better if we could fool his senses into thinking that their where their suppose to be. It might make it harder for him to realize somethings wrong." Serge mused, "Luring him into an alley would be good. An allyway that we could enchant to avoid mortal eyes. And if not spells we could just shoot him a lot of times. Make those police reports true."

"I agree a decoy should be set up where the assassin would expect to find his targets or he might not be fooled, we are going to have to have a look at the area around that clock shop to find a good place that might be hidden from sleeper eyes to lure him to if we take that route."
The old Guernicus said and he leaned over to study the map Jon brought up on his tablet.

Serge noticed and smiled at the spell, taking the lemonade with a look of gratitude for the Deaconess and downing it quite heartily.

The Deaconess smiled a little at that.

"Do that search." Serge said to Jon after finishing his glass of lemonade. "The more we know about this hitman the better. If Mr. Wainwright tagged him in the past without him noticing we should take advantage of that anyway we can."

The young Virtual Adept nodded and he handed one tablet to George and took out another tablet from his bag and started tapping at it.
"Let me see what I can find out..."
He said.
"It might take a few minutes."

(OOC: Ugh not a good post, I am not feeling well today but I was thinking you guys would rather have a bad post than no post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:27 pm

"I know we have a Ruby Child with us I suggest putting the undead fay on the same team as him to better help spread information among the other teams...but that will be Miss Mar's choice as until Jeffry return she handle battle preparations it is not my department."
George said with a nod

He nodded to that.

Well Mara is not completely stuck in ur time as it is so she would be the easiest to send back."
The Primus said.
"And as you have seen she is a powerful maga with a keen grip of the river of time itself, she might be able to send someone who have been sent to the past and she is a Master of the Art."

He looked over to the pair of them. Master Nassa was likely to frown at him, the Deaconess...well, she was not someone easy to predict but she would help them. It was too easy to think she wasn't a fighter but she'd turned a spirit into a kitten, she was no slouch when it came to defending herself in creative ways and maybe that would be an advantage. "What do you both think?" But he was reluctant to send their main healer in, in case something went awry. By this point he was probably frowning to match the Verbena.

Sorry I misunderstood."
Ryan said then he gave you a thumbs up.
"Then we are on the same page."

"Good."

"I agree a decoy should be set up where the assassin would expect to find his targets or he might not be fooled, we are going to have to have a look at the area around that clock shop to find a good place that might be hidden from sleeper eyes to lure him to if we take that route."
The old Guernicus said and he leaned over to study the map Jon brought up on his tablet.

"My guess is this is why they chose the park at this time, using sleepers as cover and subtle arts to deal with us initially - the park itself is near the river, but it might be possible to get them under a pedestrian bridge or something..." he suggested.

"Lady Mara will probably be a potent agent, and, ah, yes, whoever goes may find themselves treated to some amusement - whoever the Fallen Chronomancer sent should be subject to a rather cartoonish streak of bad luck - I'm not able to directly slow down the time travel spell, but I do believe I managed to weave a nasty bit of misfortune into it unnoticed. Hopefully, Anna didn't wear herself out slowing the man down, but she might be a little drained. As am I - I rather pulled out almost all the stops to trouble the would-be assassin, myself..."

"Well, that may make it easier for us to find them."

// feel better soon

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a confused look at the apparent floating blood-slick, completely at a loss on what the hell to do with it. So she pulled back from it; hoping the Chief could deal with it...

[No worries.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:18 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Nicole gave a confused look at the apparent floating blood-slick, completely at a loss on what the hell to do with it. So she pulled back from it; hoping the Chief could deal with it...

Seeing the blood slick Jeffry muttered a few words, his hands moving through hand sigils and the blood simply caught on fire, being rather flammable, a closer look would reveal the gruesome, blackish flames to be the result of Colin's rote to burn of unwanted Quintessence, something that seamed to rather quickly stop the mass moving and then eventually it was nothing left of it but some ash. Around you the battle died down, the three remaining defenders was just not a match for two shapechangers and a gaggle of mages and soon the only sounds was everyone catching their breaths and the struggles of the bound woman on the bench.

He looked over to the pair of them. Master Nassa was likely to frown at him, the Deaconess...well, she was not someone easy to predict but she would help them. It was too easy to think she wasn't a fighter but she'd turned a spirit into a kitten, she was no slouch when it came to defending herself in creative ways and maybe that would be an advantage. "What do you both think?" But he was reluctant to send their main healer in, in case something went awry. By this point he was probably frowning to match the Verbena.

"I am willing to help, what is being pushed out of balance have to be put right, eistence is but a dream but when one try to erase the dreams of others they have to be stopped."
Mara said. Amadeus nodded.
"I am willing to help."
The Verbena said simply, still glaring at Adley.

"My guess is this is why they chose the park at this time, using sleepers as cover and subtle arts to deal with us initially - the park itself is near the river, but it might be possible to get them under a pedestrian bridge or something..." he suggested.

"That is a fine idea Sodalis, can you show me where these bridges are located?"
George said and he held out Jon's tablet showing a map of the area in question.

"Well, that may make it easier for us to find them."

"Hum...well it says here in a news article a man was taken to the hospital after he was hit by a car, managed to get up only to fall into a man hole and then get attacked by several large rats, one of witch managed to do some damage to his...ehm...privates...apparently this most unfortunate man later vanished from the local hospital he was taken to, and no one knew who he is as he had no identification on his person."
Jon said with a raised eyebrow.
"That sounds like allot of bad luck."

(OOC: I am sorry for the lackluster fight it is just that a tzhimmi, and four thugs just have no chance against the sheer forces brought against them.)
(OOC 2: Thanks Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 pm

[George's Rooms]

Anja wrote:"One of the spirits are protecting Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks younger selves."
George said.
"The other have his tasks but remember Mr Yager that even if we send a spirit to try to find this assassin it need to have something to go on, just there being something out of time might not be enough."

Serge nodded to show he understood.

Anja wrote:"I agree a decoy should be set up where the assassin would expect to find his targets or he might not be fooled, we are going to have to have a look at the area around that clock shop to find a good place that might be hidden from sleeper eyes to lure him to if we take that route."
Adley wrote:"My guess is this is why they chose the park at this time, using sleepers as cover and subtle arts to deal with us initially - the park itself is near the river, but it might be possible to get them under a pedestrian bridge or something..." he suggested.
Anja wrote:"That is a fine idea Sodalis, can you show me where these bridges are located?"

"I don't want to stray too far from that watch shop. He chose this time because he expected you two to be there. The pivotal moment where your origins stories crossed path. If you guys veer to far away from this location he'll figure out that somethings up." Serge commented as he leaned in to see the map.

Anja wrote:The young Virtual Adept nodded and he handed one tablet to George and took out another tablet from his bag and started tapping at it.
He said.
Anja wrote:"Hum...well it says here in a news article a man was taken to the hospital after he was hit by a car, managed to get up only to fall into a man hole and then get attacked by several large rats, one of witch managed to do some damage to his...ehm...privates...apparently this most unfortunate man later vanished from the local hospital he was taken to, and no one knew who he is as he had no identification on his person."

"Sounds like our guy" Serge said, giggling to himself over the man's cartoonish misfortune. "Surprised that none of that bad luck happened during the attack. Are there any description of the bad luck man in that news article? From the people who saw him? I might be able to draw a picture of him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 pm

[George's Rooms]

"I don't want to stray too far from that watch shop. He chose this time because he expected you two to be there. The pivotal moment where your origins stories crossed path. If you guys veer to far away from this location he'll figure out that somethings up." Serge commented as he leaned in to see the map.

"I do believe these bridge over passes are in the same area as the watch shop young man."
George said.
"And it is not likely young Miss Bouchard and Roth Hicks meet their attacker at the shop itself."

"Sounds like our guy" Serge said, giggling to himself over the man's cartoonish misfortune. "Surprised that none of that bad luck happened during the attack.

"It still might you know, it both have and have not happened yet after all kid."
Ryan said with a chuckle.

Are there any description of the bad luck man in that news article? From the people who saw him? I might be able to draw a picture of him."

"No it only say it was a man, such article usually do not get into details about a person's appearance."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:32 am

Jeremy wrote:"The fae vampire and the goblin right? Damn I wanna meet him too. Goblins are cool. Great fantasy comic relief." Serge said with a devilish grin.
Colin grinned, "Well, he's in the Common room, getting acquainted with the rest of the strike teams. I'm sure you'll be able to find the time to speak with him. But please, do try to control your vocabulary; you are a little overly prone to swearing at times."

Jeremy wrote:"I think near the watch place is good. Even better if we could fool his senses into thinking that their where their suppose to be. It might make it harder for him to realize somethings wrong." Serge mused, "Luring him into an alley would be good. An allyway that we could enchant to avoid mortal eyes. And if not spells we could just shoot him a lot of times. Make those police reports true."
Anja wrote:"I agree a decoy should be set up where the assassin would expect to find his targets or he might not be fooled, we are going to have to have a look at the area around that clock shop to find a good place that might be hidden from sleeper eyes to lure him to if we take that route."
S7trif3 wrote:"My guess is this is why they chose the park at this time, using sleepers as cover and subtle arts to deal with us initially - the park itself is near the river, but it might be possible to get them under a pedestrian bridge or something..." he suggested.
Anja wrote:"That is a fine idea Sodalis, can you show me where these bridges are located?"
Jeremy wrote:"I don't want to stray too far from that watch shop. He chose this time because he expected you two to be there. The pivotal moment where your origins stories crossed path. If you guys veer to far away from this location he'll figure out that somethings up." Serge commented as he leaned in to see the map.
Anja wrote:"I do believe these bridge over passes are in the same area as the watch shop young man."
George said.
"And it is not likely young Miss Bouchard and Roth Hicks meet their attacker at the shop itself."
He pondered, "Making a decoy from a lock of hair or something from both the kids at the time might work, and if the two are shielded by my Scrambler, that could make the decoy more effective... Make the originals harder to track, as it were."

Jeremy wrote:"Do that search." Serge said to Jon after finishing his glass of lemonade. "The more we know about this hitman the better. If Mr. Wainwright tagged him in the past without him noticing we should take advantage of that anyway we can."
Anja wrote:The young Virtual Adept nodded and he handed one tablet to George and took out another tablet from his bag and started tapping at it.
He said.
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, that may make it easier for us to find them."
Anja wrote:"Hum...well it says here in a news article a man was taken to the hospital after he was hit by a car, managed to get up only to fall into a man hole and then get attacked by several large rats, one of witch managed to do some damage to his...ehm...privates...apparently this most unfortunate man later vanished from the local hospital he was taken to, and no one knew who he is as he had no identification on his person."
Jeremy wrote:"Sounds like our guy" Serge said, giggling to himself over the man's cartoonish misfortune. "Surprised that none of that bad luck happened during the attack. Are there any description of the bad luck man in that news article? From the people who saw him? I might be able to draw a picture of him."
Anja wrote:"It still might you know, it both have and have not happened yet after all kid."
Anja wrote:"No it only say it was a man, such article usually do not get into details about a person's appearance."
He chuckled a bit too smugly, "Well, seems my efforts paid off to make the man's day miserable. We're still going to have to make sure his misery is..."
He paused for a moment, "How much work would it be to make a couple of simulacra of Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard? Not something that would have to last long, just long enough to be assassinated and dumped in a basement? Giving the man an impression of at least one thing going right on his mission would... make it all the sweeter on his return to the present, without the timeline suffering for it."

Anja wrote:"Well time bubbles are allot less damaging to the timeline than going back in time, I will not object to such candies but there are probably those that need them more while the bubbles I have made do stack up after a while, I doubt if I will get a serious backlash."
Ryan said and George nodded.
"We will see what time there are. Mow for our current issue I do think both Mara and Amadeus would be good choices to send they both have the power needed to protect our two young friends and between them possess both knowledge of time itself and considerable healing abilities."
The Primus said.
"They would be good choices."
H added and looked around to see if anyone had something to add about that."
He nodded, "We'll have to see. The candies are, in any case, only for Chronomancy; won't do a thing for, say, using a humongous fireball to take out a Nephandus on a busy street..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:00 am

Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "Well, he's in the Common room, getting acquainted with the rest of the strike teams. I'm sure you'll be able to find the time to speak with him. But please, do try to control your vocabulary; you are a little overly prone to swearing at times."

"Really?" Serge said with a bewildered look, thinking back to his speech patterns. "Huh, I never noticed. New York and watching age-inappropriate movies all day does that to you. I'll be careful around him."

Colin wrote:He pondered, "Making a decoy from a lock of hair or something from both the kids at the time might work, and if the two are shielded by my Scrambler, that could make the decoy more effective... Make the originals harder to track, as it were."

"Might not need the scrambler if there safe within the chantry's walls. The wards can block out the sensing just as effectively. Although precautions never hurt." Serge added.

Colin wrote:He chuckled a bit too smugly, "Well, seems my efforts paid off to make the man's day miserable. We're still going to have to make sure his misery is..."
He paused for a moment, "How much work would it be to make a couple of simulacra of Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard? Not something that would have to last long, just long enough to be assassinated and dumped in a basement? Giving the man an impression of at least one thing going right on his mission would... make it all the sweeter on his return to the present, without the timeline suffering for it."

"Ooooh. I like that." Serge said excitedly on hearing Colin's idea. "It's the perfect 'gotcha' moment in movies. The villain thinks everything went according to plan and than confronts us. Then...BOOM...flashback to reveal to the audience that
we swapped the reals for the decoys and it turns out his plan failed all along."

"I bet Master Nassa and Deaconess O'Connor could do something like that in their sleep. The simulacrums could house all of the resonances needed to fool his magickal senses as well and just have them go about the day as real Adley and Nicole would."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:04 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

As soon as the floating blood-slick was dealt with, Nicole pushed deeper into the lab; to continue their offensive against what ever enemies remain. Before letting up, she'll make sure that the whole lab has been secured; no doors to any other rooms and so on.

[Well, Nicole couldn't do anything against the slick; something which will be remedied in the next Downtime. And she's not one who looks for heroics; if a battle is a sharp curb-stomp for the enemy, it means you've done *right*.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

He pondered, "Making a decoy from a lock of hair or something from both the kids at the time might work, and if the two are shielded by my Scrambler, that could make the decoy more effective... Make the originals harder to track, as it were."

"He did bring up making a decoy earlier...we went over how it might be hard to He looked towards Colin and Serge. "So, we were thinking how such an imago could be defeated if it were not in depth and then considering the ethics of that."

"I am willing to help, what is being pushed out of balance have to be put right, eistence is but a dream but when one try to erase the dreams of others they have to be stopped."
Mara said. Amadeus nodded.
"I am willing to help."
The Verbena said simply, still glaring at Adley.

"Thank you."

"That is a fine idea Sodalis, can you show me where these bridges are located?"
I do believe these bridge over passes are in the same area as the watch shop young man."
George said.

"So, there's a few but mainly they cross the river. The ones I remember were in the park itself. There are also alleys over by the watch repair building, I'm sure..." he said, looking for some. "I'm not convinced that this attacker meets us first at the shop, since there were two spots indicated when I asked about the attack, the park and then the shop...but yes, somewhere in this general area, at the park or between it and the shop."

"Hum...well it says here in a news article a man was taken to the hospital after he was hit by a car, managed to get up only to fall into a man hole and then get attacked by several large rats, one of witch managed to do some damage to his...ehm...privates...apparently this most unfortunate man later vanished from the local hospital he was taken to, and no one knew who he is as he had no identification on his person."

"Sounds like our guy" Serge said, giggling to himself over the man's cartoonish misfortune. "Surprised that none of that bad luck happened during the attack. Are there any description of the bad luck man in that news article? From the people who saw him? I might be able to draw a picture of him."

"It still might you know, it both have and have not happened yet after all kid."

His brows went up and he looked over at Colin. "Nice..." Then he looked back to the article. "Hm, it has the date that happened?"

He chuckled a bit too smugly, "Well, seems my efforts paid off to make the man's day miserable. We're still going to have to make sure his misery is..."
"Ooooh. I like that." Serge said excitedly on hearing Colin's idea. "It's the perfect 'gotcha' moment in movies. The villain thinks everything went according to plan and than confronts us. Then...BOOM...flashback to reveal to the audience that
we swapped the reals for the decoys and it turns out his plan failed all along."

"I bet Master Nassa and Deaconess O'Connor could do something like that in their sleep. The simulacrums could house all of the resonances needed to fool his magickal senses as well and just have them go about the day as real Adley and Nicole would."

"As we discussed, how much being-ness would they have in order to pull off the ruse? At what point does one determine they're essentially people or at least real in the sense they're manifested, though not fully us...in which case I could not condone such a thing."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:08 am

"That might indeed work well Mr Wainwright."
George agreed.

"Remind me not to piss you off Colin."
Jon commented wryly.

"I am quite capable of doing that, I can make copies of Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard."
Master Nassa said.
"And I can give the copies rudimentary minds, nothing self aware off course that would be cruel but enough to have them walk around and act like teenagers."
The Primus chimed in.

He nodded, "We'll have to see. The candies are, in any case, only for Chronomancy; won't do a thing for, say, using a humongous fireball to take out a Nephandus on a busy street..."

Ryan nodded at that.
"Well that is sure to disappoint the Chief allot."
He joked.

Might not need the scrambler if there safe within the chantry's walls. The wards can block out the sensing just as effectively. Although precautions never hurt." Serge added.

"Well with the scrambler we might not need to take the two to the Chantry and risk changing the timeline."
Ryan replied.

"It is not a complicated thing to do to make the bodies, to make them move and act in a way that will fool anyone that they are real is another matter but George can handle that part."
Amadeus said he raised an eyebrow at Serge's enthusiasm though.

"He did bring up making a decoy earlier...we went over how it might be hard to He looked towards Colin and Serge. "So, we were thinking how such an imago could be defeated if it were not in depth and then considering the ethics of that."

"That idea was making an illusion, tricks of the mind and light."
George replied.
"And yes that is not likely to fool our foe, what we are talking about here is creating two human bodies and giving them enough minds to have them act like you and Miss Bouchard, walking, talking, they would be solid to the touch, they would register as having life patterns for they will have, everything will be perfectly real."

"Thank you."

Amadeus just nodded at that.

"So, there's a few but mainly they cross the river. The ones I remember were in the park itself. There are also alleys over by the watch repair building, I'm sure..." he said, looking for some. "I'm not convinced that this attacker meets us first at the shop, since there were two spots indicated when I asked about the attack, the park and then the shop...but yes, somewhere in this general area, at the park or between it and the shop."

"There seam to be an overpass here."
George said and he pointed at the map.
"And between these two shops there seam to be an alleyway. However the assassin would not expect you and Miss Bouchard to sitt in an dark alley waiting for him he would expect that you would be moving around."

His brows went up and he looked over at Colin. "Nice..." Then he looked back to the article. "Hm, it has the date that happened?"

"Let me see...two days before the article about your deaths was published."
Jon replied scrolling up on his tablet.

"As we discussed, how much being-ness would they have in order to pull off the ruse? At what point does one determine they're essentially people or at least real in the sense they're manifested, though not fully us...in which case I could not condone such a thing."

"Can't we sort of create mind programs, like a computer game's AI, some set behaviors that they will do, enough to make them seam real but they will not be actually real or have actual emotions or be self aware."
Jon asked and George nodded.
"Indeed I would not want to make someone who are full beings to be sent back just to be sacrificed that would not be ethical, but I can give them a rudimentary mind, enough to engage in a series of pre set behaviors, but yes they would be living beings with a mind, though limited as it is, so there is a moral dilemma with that."
The Primus agreed.

[Abandoned Hospital]

As soon as the floating blood-slick was dealt with, Nicole pushed deeper into the lab; to continue their offensive against what ever enemies remain. Before letting up, she'll make sure that the whole lab has been secured; no doors to any other rooms and so on.

The only doors lead to large cabinets, there was no one else in the room now save your group and the bound, screaming woman on the table. The others moved around as well and Jeffry ordered to the healers.
"We seam to be mostly fine ladies and gentlemen, if you would continue getting the poor souls in the other room ready for transport?"

(OOC: Yeah that vampire is pretty dead.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Perhaps they should look at the woman first, sir?' Nicole replied, half of her mind already starting to look around the room for things worth "acquiring".

[How far along is the woman?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:53 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

"Good call."
The Chief said and he ordered one of the healers to have a look at the bound woman on the table.

(OOC: She is pretty far along, Nicole would guess seven or eight months, maybe more, she is carrying a Metis though so she will be big.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Silently, Nicole went up to the bound woman. Warily watching her; just because she was clearly the victim of the folks they'd destroyed, it didn't mean they'd be friendly to them...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Silently, Nicole went up to the bound woman. Warily watching her; just because she was clearly the victim of the folks they'd destroyed, it didn't mean they'd be friendly to them...

The woman was struggling against her bonds, you saw that the metal bands that was holding her down seamed to be made of or at least coated with silver. The captive turned her head towards you as one of the healers reached her.
"Please help me...my baby...don't let him hurt my baby."
She begged weakly. You saw marks from medical procedures all over her body, including on her swollen belly, clearly she was in pain and badly hurt but she was aware of her surroundings.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:19 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Who? Cthulhu?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown as she looked over where the bloody ash lay. 'While I ain't one to say never, me; think he's not going to be doing much at all for a while...'

[Erm... if Nick can see all the scarring, I'm assuming she's nude?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Really?" Serge said with a bewildered look, thinking back to his speech patterns. "Huh, I never noticed. New York and watching age-inappropriate movies all day does that to you. I'll be careful around him."
Colin sighed softly, "It might be wise to be more conscious of your words on a more general basis, as well. There are a number of quite venerable Magi with short fuses when it comes to uncouth language. Of course, I suppose a lot of those would struggle somewhat with modern English in its various forms, but all the same..."

Anja wrote:"That might indeed work well Mr Wainwright."
George agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"Might not need the scrambler if there safe within the chantry's walls. The wards can block out the sensing just as effectively. Although precautions never hurt." Serge added.
Anja wrote:"Well with the scrambler we might not need to take the two to the Chantry and risk changing the timeline."
Ryan replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"He did bring up making a decoy earlier...we went over how it might be hard to He looked towards Colin and Serge. "So, we were thinking how such an imago could be defeated if it were not in depth and then considering the ethics of that."
Anja wrote:"That idea was making an illusion, tricks of the mind and light."
George replied.
"And yes that is not likely to fool our foe, what we are talking about here is creating two human bodies and giving them enough minds to have them act like you and Miss Bouchard, walking, talking, they would be solid to the touch, they would register as having life patterns for they will have, everything will be perfectly real."
He nodded, "The Scrambler would negate the need for bringing the originals to the Chantry prematurely, and besides, the Chantry wards might not be enough to hide them in any case. Shield them from attack, sure, but not conceal them utterly."
He sighed, "One of the Fallen we captured two months ago found us by searching for concentrations of Awakened Magi, after all, and while something like my Scrambler could hide us from that sort of scrying, the downsides of using it are as much of an impairment as the ward is a benefit."

Anja wrote:"Remind me not to piss you off Colin."
Jon commented wryly.
S7trif3 wrote:His brows went up and he looked over at Colin. "Nice..." Then he looked back to the article. "Hm, it has the date that happened?"
Anja wrote:"Let me see...two days before the article about your deaths was published."
He chuckled, "Well, it takes quite a bit of effort to be this thorough, and at this level of power, I could only make it stick for a day or so. Hum... Two days before, suggesting the poor bastard took his time to let the inconvenience wear off before attempting to finish his mission. At the very least, that does give us a bit more to go on regarding his initial movements; it might be safe to assume the man arrived in the past near the beginning of that Lemony Snicketing. And that does offer us the opportunity to to some reconnaissance work on arrival."

Anja wrote:"I am quite capable of doing that, I can make copies of Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard."
Master Nassa said.
"And I can give the copies rudimentary minds, nothing self aware off course that would be cruel but enough to have them walk around and act like teenagers."
The Primus chimed in.
Jeremy wrote:"Ooooh. I like that." Serge said excitedly on hearing Colin's idea. "It's the perfect 'gotcha' moment in movies. The villain thinks everything went according to plan and than confronts us. Then...BOOM...flashback to reveal to the audience that

Anja wrote:"It is not a complicated thing to do to make the bodies, to make them move and act in a way that will fool anyone that they are real is another matter but George can handle that part."
S7trif3 wrote:"As we discussed, how much being-ness would they have in order to pull off the ruse? At what point does one determine they're essentially people or at least real in the sense they're manifested, though not fully us...in which case I could not condone such a thing."
Anja wrote:"Can't we sort of create mind programs, like a computer game's AI, some set behaviors that they will do, enough to make them seam real but they will not be actually real or have actual emotions or be self aware."
"Indeed I would not want to make someone who are full beings to be sent back just to be sacrificed that would not be ethical, but I can give them a rudimentary mind, enough to engage in a series of pre set behaviors, but yes they would be living beings with a mind, though limited as it is, so there is a moral dilemma with that."
The Primus agreed.
He smiled wryly and gave Serge a wink, "Well, now, we would be talking about teenagers here, so I'm sure something with the approximate mental and emotional ranges of a Roomba would be quite adequate. Or what do you think, Mr. Yager?"
He turned serious, "As for the 'Gotcha' moment - best avoid confronting the man, let him think he succeeded and got away with it until he's returned to the present. If he realizes he's been had, he might manage to stick around longer and actually finish the job."

Anja wrote:Ryan nodded at that.
"Well that is sure to disappoint the Chief allot."
He joked.
He chuckled, "Somehow, I doubt he'd appreciate that sort of Allowances, if it came with the cost of having Old Man Wrinkle and his peers come visit for tea on a regular basis. It's bad enough that I know how to contact him, if necessary, if he doesn't start showing up here regularly for social calls."

((OOC: Why wouldn't the pregnant woman be nude? It's not like Jace cares much about patient comfort or dignity...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:24 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Who? Cthulhu?' Nicole replied, giving a little frown as she looked over where the bloody ash lay. 'While I ain't one to say never, me; think he's not going to be doing much at all for a while...'

"Yeah...the fucking vampire...he is dead? You are sure he is dead?"
The bound woman asked.
"But there is another...a spirit of some sort, he is here sometimes...what if he comes back?"
She asked sounding terrified.

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

He nodded, "The Scrambler would negate the need for bringing the originals to the Chantry prematurely, and besides, the Chantry wards might not be enough to hide them in any case. Shield them from attack, sure, but not conceal them utterly."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
George said while nodding in agreement.

He sighed, "One of the Fallen we captured two months ago found us by searching for concentrations of Awakened Magi, after all, and while something like my Scrambler could hide us from that sort of scrying, the downsides of using it are as much of an impairment as the ward is a benefit."

"Yeah and if they know about Steelhaven the assassin must know there is a good chance that we would take Adley and Nicole here to protect them."
Jon said.
"So bringing them somewhere else and protecting them with the Scrambler might be a all around safer way to go about it."

He chuckled, "Well, it takes quite a bit of effort to be this thorough, and at this level of power, I could only make it stick for a day or so. Hum... Two days before, suggesting the poor bastard took his time to let the inconvenience wear off before attempting to finish his mission. At the very least, that does give us a bit more to go on regarding his initial movements; it might be safe to assume the man arrived in the past near the beginning of that Lemony Snicketing. And that does offer us the opportunity to to some reconnaissance work on arrival."

"At least he was in the area exactly where he first showed up is hard to say as he might have gone to the area around the part to scout it out before the mission, it is what I would do."
Ryan said.
"It is something to go on at least...let me see if I can get the name of the hospital, they will have had cameras so perhaps the ones going back can get an image of him from there."
Jon commented.

He smiled wryly and gave Serge a wink, "Well, now, we would be talking about teenagers here, so I'm sure something with the approximate mental and emotional ranges of a Roomba would be quite adequate. Or what do you think, Mr. Yager?"
He turned serious, "As for the 'Gotcha' moment - best avoid confronting the man, let him think he succeeded and got away with it until he's returned to the present. If he realizes he's been had, he might manage to stick around longer and actually finish the job."

"I would think some of our younger members would take issue with that assessment my good man."
George said with a chuckle.
"I agree though that if we manage to fool the assassin we should not gloat, the longer he believe he have pulled his mission off the better for us."
The Primus commented.

He chuckled, "Somehow, I doubt he'd appreciate that sort of Allowances, if it came with the cost of having Old Man Wrinkle and his peers come visit for tea on a regular basis. It's bad enough that I know how to contact him, if necessary, if he doesn't start showing up here regularly for social calls."

"I doubt anyone but you want to be visited regularly by Old Man Wrinkle."
"I for once would be happy if I never met him."

(OOC: Yes she is naked, the Nephandi are nto that concerned with her comfort or dignity.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm

"Remind me not to piss you off Colin."
Jon commented wryly.

"Really," he nodded in some agreement.

"Let me see...two days before the article about your deaths was published."

"Well we might be able to intervene then, at the hospital?"

I am quite capable of doing that, I can make copies of Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard."
Master Nassa said.
The Primus chimed in.
e smiled wryly and gave Serge a wink, "Well, now, we would be talking about teenagers here, so I'm sure something with the approximate mental and emotional ranges of a Roomba would be quite adequate. Or what do you think, Mr. Yager?"

He was starting to look distinctly uncomfortable the more they discussed it. He thought of this being, looking like himself and Nicole, as /teenagers/ just...being made to fake their own deaths and he shook his head. "I don't think I can do that. That's the same as making a clone or a flesh golem, isn't it? To make something that's alive and breathing, sentient in some way just to use it like that. And if it lived, then what would we do? It's...not right." He frowned thinking of Thomas down in the basement. "I'm sure we can think of something else..."

"There seam to be an overpass here."
George said and he pointed at the map.
"And between these two shops there seam to be an alleyway. However the assassin would not expect you and Miss Bouchard to sitt in an dark alley waiting for him he would expect that you would be moving around."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Colin wrote:Colin sighed softly, "It might be wise to be more conscious of your words on a more general basis, as well. There are a number of quite venerable Magi with short fuses when it comes to uncouth language. Of course, I suppose a lot of those would struggle somewhat with modern English in its various forms, but all the same..."

"Hey! I watch my words when it matters." Serge said with a raised eyebrow.

Adley wrote:"He did bring up making a decoy earlier...we went over how it might be hard to He looked towards Colin and Serge. "So, we were thinking how such an imago could be defeated if it were not in depth and then considering the ethics of that."
Adley wrote:"As we discussed, how much being-ness would they have in order to pull off the ruse? At what point does one determine they're essentially people or at least real in the sense they're manifested, though not fully us...in which case I could not condone such a thing."
Anja wrote:"It is not a complicated thing to do to make the bodies, to make them move and act in a way that will fool anyone that they are real is another matter but George can handle that part."
Anja wrote:"Can't we sort of create mind programs, like a computer game's AI, some set behaviors that they will do, enough to make them seam real but they will not be actually real or have actual emotions or be self aware."
The Primus agreed.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly and gave Serge a wink, "Well, now, we would be talking about teenagers here, so I'm sure something with the approximate mental and emotional ranges of a Roomba would be quite adequate. Or what do you think, Mr. Yager?"
Anja wrote:"I would think some of our younger members would take issue with that assessment my good man."
George said with a chuckle.
"I agree though that if we manage to fool the assassin we should not gloat, the longer he believe he have pulled his mission off the better for us."
The Primus commented.

"I think that's insulting to teenagers who already have enough on their plates." Serge said wryly, "But good enough for our decoys. I think that plan is our best bet. Disrupts the timeline the least and gives us an advatage we can use in the present. We have all the necessary magickal expertise we need to accomplish it as well."

Adley wrote:He was starting to look distinctly uncomfortable the more they discussed it. He thought of this being, looking like himself and Nicole, as /teenagers/ just...being made to fake their own deaths and he shook his head. "I don't think I can do that. That's the same as making a clone or a flesh golem, isn't it? To make something that's alive and breathing, sentient in some way just to use it like that. And if it lived, then what would we do? It's...not right." He frowned thinking of Thomas down in the basement. "I'm sure we can think of something else..."

"This is our best bet though. It's a flesh golem without a soul or sentience. They might be alive in the boring scientific way but they aren't real living people. They don't think dynamically or feel or learn. They simply act and react in the way they've been told. It's like Jon said, there basically AI housed in flesh." Serge said before looking at his cabalmate and seeing the distress on his face, "But...I suppose it doesn't hurt to think of alternatives. Perhaps rather than flesh we can use a light-based illusion and imbue it with mental and life patterns?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:43 pm

"This is our best bet though. It's a flesh golem without a soul or sentience. They aren't real living people. They don't think dynamically or feel or learn. It's like Jon said, there basically AI housed in flesh." Serge said before looking at his cabalmate and seeing the distress on his face, "But...I suppose it doesn't hurt to think of alternatives. Perhaps rather than flesh we can use a light-based illusion and imbue it with mental and life patterns?"

"How do you define real, and how do you define people? They are artificially created, but alive. They have some mind, whatever way you might like to call it, perhaps not much granted but it can feel, think and it will die at our say so so. Now, I'm not a vegetarian, or vegan or anything but it still feels different, even if it's due to the fact it has a human-like appearance and in fact it will look like I did as a teenager, and her. There are different levels of mind, but it is still different...we are creating it expressly to destroy it. Would you personally be able to look it in the eye and kill this being? That is what I am thinking about. Just like when I'm thinking about asking spirits for help, and putting them into danger. On to of it, these beings won't have a choice. We choose for them, to make them a surragate me, and then letting it be killed by the Nephandi. There is also an issue of how the heck we explain something like that."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Anja wrote:"How do you define real, and how do you define people? They are artificially created, but alive. They have some mind, whatever way you might like to call it, perhaps not much granted but it can feel, think and it will die at our say so so. Now, I'm not a vegetarian, or vegan or anything but it still feels different, even if it's due to the fact it has a human-like appearance and in fact it will look like I did as a teenager, and her. There are different levels of mind, but it is still different...we are creating it expressly to destroy it. Would you personally be able to look it in the eye and kill this being? That is what I am thinking about. Just like when I'm thinking about asking spirits for help, and putting them into danger. These beings won't have a choice. We choose for them, to make them a surragate me, and then letting it be killed by the Nephandi. There is also an issue of how the heck we explain something like that."

"The answer to those question is different to everyone and no matter the answer we'll have an argument on our hands. So let's not get into that right now. If your not cool with it than I'm not either." Serge said with a sigh. "Here's another alternative idea that is much worse than this. No simulacrums. No fake minds or frankenstein-ing life. Instead we ward you and Nicole, possessing your past selves, so that the bullet fired at you doesn't harm you but still appears to blow your brains out. Afterwards a spell from Master Nassa triggers causing your bodies to fall over dead and appear dead to all mundane and magickal senses without you actually being dead. A fake death basically. The assassin goes through his routine and shoves you into the watch shop. Afterwards we teleport in, reverse the fake death spell and whisk you guys back to your real lives, the assassin only finding out what happened after he returns to the present."

He looked over at the rest of the group and said, "And before anyone says it. I know it's a terrible plan. I HATE that idea and really don't want to do it. It puts Adley and Nicole in actual harms way and has so many risks involved with it. But it is a weird compromise between the two plans. No life created and still fools the assassin preventing a prolonged fight. I know its a bad plan but I just...thought I'd put it out there. Hopefully someone has a better idea."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next