Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:52 am

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin's Post:

'Now ain't the time to talk about this...'

Colin's Post:

'Oh, really?' she quipped, looking at Colin curiously for a moment. 'The only way that's gonna happen is if I get published and reviewed successfully, like. Easiest way for that to be done is for me to go on an scientific expedition as the muscle, getting my name pinned to the reports as part of the team.'

Colin's Post:

'Why would you fight a bear unarmed? Plus, there's not many reports of that being unsuccessful.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'Unless you've got one yourself, no can do.' the Etherite replied, considering the problem for a moment. 'Tape the wire to your body or clothes.'

[For the RV isn't for people, it's for stuff. It is mainly a mobile workshop, library and storeroom (though also sleeps people, obviously). Teleportation / shuttle is quicker, but only works if there's a Chantry which they can operate out of on arrival. Otherwise, it's the group 'working out of a suitcase in a motel room' level if, for example there's no friendly Chantry near say, Cabot Cove to stay at. Mundane flying is even worse, for they'd be even more limited on what they took with them. Plus, Nick ain't getting on no damn plane.]

[I think Nicole's proposed method of 'getting published' would work...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:55 am

[Steelhaven Basement 1 45]

Anja wrote:"Yes that look pretty close to Dr Treevela."
Kallen said, he made some few adjustments.
"And she is pretty smart you know, she is a medical doctor in addition to being a willworker, or at least I think she is as she can do mundane healing methods as well as magickal ones."
The prisoner explained.

"Bet her magickal healing is cooler though. How does she heal people magickally anyways? That might settle the 'progenitor' vs 'etherite' debate." Serge asked as he snapped a picture of the drawing he had made.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:18 am

[Villa 13 45]

Colin nodded, looking up at the manor, "Yes... Ojan, two months ago, already gone septic... All I could do was spare him maybe an hour or two of fever and pain..."

"Sometimes that is all you can do for someone, however as this is a Nephandus we are talking about, probably he was grateful for that fate over the alternative."
Fran replied with a frown.
"I do not think he would have liked to be taken alive."

[Villa 2]

He arched an eyebrow at the apparition, then nodded to Fran, "Kent, was it? Does he notice me?"

"Kent, do you see a man beside me, he is in his 40's with scars on his face, quite well dressed?"
The Euthanathos asked. Ken't shook his head.
"No I do not see him but I can feel someone's pressence."
The ghost replied his voice like a rusteling of leaves, not noticed by anyone who could not see or hear spirits at the moment. Chris glanced over though as a ghost dot appeared on his tracker.
"Your friend Miss Mandis?"
He asked and Fran nodded.
"Yes Master Davenport."

He nodded, showing Fran the screen, "Yes, Mr. Yager has managed to extricate the information about the leadership, it seems - the Gilledian, the Chronomancer, the in-house physician, the lot."

The death maga glanced over at the phone.
"Oh my those guys have run into some Paradox it seams and...it have not been kind to them, at least they will be hard to miss."
She exclaimed.

Unless you've got one yourself, no can do.' the Etherite replied, considering the problem for a moment. 'Tape the wire to your body or clothes.'

"It would still hinder me to much...why are we doing this by the way, there have never been a problem with communication before, without the use of wires, it seams unneccesary and cumbersome."
Amadeus said not sounding convinced.

"Bet her magickal healing is cooler though. How does she heal people magickally anyways? That might settle the 'progenitor' vs 'etherite' debate." Serge asked as he snapped a picture of the drawing he had made.

"Some sort of alchemy, she crate some sort of potions, though often she combine magickal healing with mundane, she might set a bone, then add some odd fluids to the bandages and the bone will heal in hours and not months, that kind of thing."
Kallen replied.
"I think she is some sort of alchemist."

(OOC: They would use pocked realms and simple Corr 2 portals to have access to welll anything they could imagine really, Mastter let them just make anything they need as well they do not need to bring an RV they are Hermetics living in an Umbra realm.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:31 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'We have to work with what we have.' Nicole replied. 'If you don't think you can do it, propose another.'

[Ah, the 'all out of back of ass' method. Not that viable a method long-term, what with the Paradox buildup. Plus, means they'll have to take a mage who can be this magickal vending machine. Yes, a pocket realm with a portable entry point would be a (better) way to do it, and in fact would make sense if Lux is as old and powerful as I think it is. The thing is by 2015 I suspect making a *new* pocket realm would cost less than, y'know maintaining an RV or even a Tardis-tent (or Tardis-van) a la Potter.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

"Well two months ago Miss Bouchard when we took down another Labyrinth we did not use this cumbersome system, and we did quite well using mystical methods of communication. I will not be using this and not requiering anyone in my team doing it either when magick will fix communication just as well as these wires."
The old Verbena said not buying the headsets.
"It seams this is allot of work for hardly any gain."

(OOC: If Lux Iternis decide that for some reason they are goingt o examine something supernatural in Maine, and not leave it to any of the Chantries who actually are located in Maine, then they are far more likely to bring someone along who can teleport in what they need than buy an RV. We are talking about a very powerful, old Hermetic Chantry they will not be getting an RV they ahve no need of it what so ever using magick instead.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'There was cross-team communication last time?' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow. 'Anyway, the comm system here comes curtsey of EtherAdept.Inc and it's either this or nothing. If you object to the wire that much, sir; either get hold of a wireless headset or pick another on your team to handle comms.'

[It's quite possible a team is working a hundred miles plus away from the nearest Chantry. Plus, what if the nearest Chantry is tiny and/or doesn't support the paradigm of the visitors? Personally, think the 'pocket-realm' would be the best solution for Lux Iternis. Of any Chantry in the Greater Boston region who'd have an RV would be (I suspect) the Etherites in Lowell or Westchapel (or together). Perhaps even one which within limits can even deploy in the Umbra. Hell, perhaps even possible to use a shuttle to air-deploy the thing...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 pm

[villa 2]

"Well then we should return the weapons to their owners and once you have all grounded yourself we should be ready to leave for war."
The old lich said and the others nodded.
"I can handle handing out weapons if you have other matters to attend to Mr Roth Hicks."
Vanja offered, the Cultist seamed elevated by the massive energies she had felt as well and she was slightly flushed and smiled as she spoke to you.

"I just have to ask someone something that shouldn't take much time, I can still pass them back that won't take long either," he said, he said. "Thank you." He took his own weapon back from those laid out and held it a moment before he stuck it in the loop on his belt. Then he gathered up the rest, and went to help return them. When he saw Fran speaking with Colin, after, he went over to ask her something. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm helping to carry some spells and I wanted to keep a bit of leeway in case I had to pick up some more. So far my concentration can handle it but it's hard to know what it's going to be like in there. Is it too much to ask if you cast a spirit sight on me, please Unless you're in the same situation of course?"

// all good, no prob - my computer decided it wanted to update anyway (eyeroll)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:03 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

'There was cross-team communication last time?' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow. 'Anyway, the comm system here comes curtsey of EtherAdept.Inc and it's either this or nothing. If you object to the wire that much, sir; either get hold of a wireless headset or pick another on your team to handle comms.'

"There was indeed done by magick."
Amadeus said.
"And constant chatter through phones and wires are not desirable as it will reduce our consentration. So if it is this or nothing I will take nothing thank you very much and do communication I know and trust."
The old Verbena replied.
"Also what makes you think this will even work when we get to the other side of that portal?"
He asked and Darrian glanced in that direction.
"I was wondering the same myself this seam a bit much and this wire will get in the way when I reach for ptions, it seams to add hazzle and no benefit."
The alchemist complained.
"We never had to use this kind of equipment when Master Nassa handled coms."
He said and looked at Chris who shook his head.
"Don't look at me Master Haagen it is Miss Bouchard who insist on using this chat room and headseats."
The Virtual Adept said.

"I just have to ask someone something that shouldn't take much time, I can still pass them back that won't take long either," he said, he said. "Thank you."

"Not a problem, glad to help."
Vanja replied with a smile.

He took his own weapon back from those laid out and held it a moment before he stuck it in the loop on his belt. Then he gathered up the rest, and went to help return them.

You and Vanja got several weapons returned to their owners before you saw Franseca Mandis sitting there and talking with someone you could not yet see.

When he saw Fran speaking with Colin, after, he went over to ask her something. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm helping to carry some spells and I wanted to keep a bit of leeway in case I had to pick up some more. So far my concentration can handle it but it's hard to know what it's going to be like in there. Is it too much to ask if you cast a spirit sight on me, please Unless you're in the same situation of course?"

"No not a problem at all. I only have my regular wards and spirit sight up so I can do that...ehm if you find a chair."
Fran said as she took another bone tool from her teddy bear bag and inspected it.
"Ehm my spirit sight might look a bit different from what you are used to, just so you are warned about that."
She commented then turned to the person you did not see and said.
"I will be right back Kent."

(OOC: Most of the time things are handled by local Chantries but off course it could happen, it is not to likely but could happen they are not getting a RV for the remote possibility though. Yes most likely their members will use a pocket realm to transport what they need if they have to operate ont heir own or out of a small Chantry or one that do not support their Paradigm. The Etherites might have one I have never really considered it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:45 pm

[villa 2]

"No not a problem at all. I only have my regular wards and spirit sight up so I can do that...ehm if you find a chair."
Fran said as she took another bone tool from her teddy bear bag and inspected it.
"Ehm my spirit sight might look a bit different from what you are used to, just so you are warned about that."

"A spirit friend?" he asked, then nodded at her explanation, dragging over a chair. "Very well, I should have a few moments to get acclimated to that. I suppose I am most used to my own and my pater's ways of seeing things but given what we're likely up against maybe this is appropriate, after all..." He glanced at the chair and gestured to it as if asking if he should be the one to sit, and if so, did that. "Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:23 pm

[villa 2]

"A spirit friend?" he asked,

"A wraith yes, Kent Macer."
Fran replied.

then nodded at her explanation, dragging over a chair. "Very well, I should have a few moments to get acclimated to that. I suppose I am most used to my own and my pater's ways of seeing things but given what we're likely up against maybe this is appropriate, after all..." He glanced at the chair and gestured to it as if asking if he should be the one to sit, and if so, did that. "Thank you."

"Yeah taking a moment to get used to it might be a good idea."
The Euthanathos replied then she indicated Adley should be the one sitting. She started moving around the Hermetic, shaking the bone wand and muttering something under her breath, then she touched the bone wand to her eyelids before she tapped Adley lightly on the shoulder with it, and you suddenly saw spirits around you, including the shot up, rather grotesque form of Kent. You saw spirits as you would expext but everything seamed darker, as if you where seeing into a world of strange and twisted shadows and the spirits themselves was formed and made out of these twisting forms. You saw Uncle Willard come into the living room on his round and his was still an angle, beautiful and light but he to was somehow formed from the stuff of shadows.
"Did it work properly?"
Fran asked.
"Can you see them?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:28 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'That goes for everyone else on your team, sir? "If I don't like it nobody does?".' Nicole replied, a little curtly. 'And =the "operator" can make sure the only voice you hear is theirs.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole sighed before replying. 'One, the Adepts feel this method - or a variant of - will work. Two, I've seen this method work before. Three, tape the wire to your neck and down the side of your body. Four, if the wire is all too much you can use it like a cell-phone instead. I got the headsets thinking it would be something to keep your hands free during combat.'

Anja's Post:

'No, I did not insist on this.' Nicole shot back, glaring at the Adept for a moment - feeling they were being somewhat cowardly by disowning the whole thing on the first sniff of resistance.'It was my suggestion.' now turning back to look at the Hermetic. 'We do not have any more time to sort out another method, sirs. No, it's not perfect or the way you'd do it but it should work and it's the option usable right now.' trying her best to persuade the Hermetic.

'I say again; if you feel you cannot use the system yourself, sir - pick a member of your team who can.'

[Talk about a 'not made here' mentality... *rolls eyes*]

[Yeah, it's getting harder by the day to turn off auto-updating...]

[Well, the 'mobile mini-Chantry' is akin to say, a navy having landing craft; you don't need it 95% of the time, but hell when you do you can't do the job without it. Plus, if one Chantry has it as a 'solution' it may spend half it's time being leant out to others, like in RL we may ask to borrow say a van or heavy tool from another.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:41 pm

[villa 2]

"A wraith yes, Kent Macer."
Fran replied.

"Greetings," he said, politely though he wasn't sure exactly where Kent was at the moment he had a general idea from where Fran had been directing herself.

"Yeah taking a moment to get used to it might be a good idea."
The Euthanathos replied then she indicated Adley should be the one sitting. She started moving around the Hermetic, shaking the bone wand and muttering something under her breath, then she touched the bone wand to her eyelids before she tapped Adley lightly on the shoulder with it, and you suddenly saw spirits around you, including the shot up, rather grotesque form of Kent. You saw spirits as you would expext but everything seamed darker, as if you where seeing into a world of strange and twisted shadows and the spirits themselves was formed and made out of these twisting forms. You saw Uncle Willard come into the living room on his round and his was still an angle, beautiful and light but he to was somehow formed from the stuff of shadows.
"Did it work properly?"
Fran asked.
"Can you see them?"

He winced a bit as he noticed Kent. He hadn't died pleasantly or by accident, it seemed. From the look on his face he was a bit put off by the way things appeared at first, compared to what he was used to seeing. "Yes, but...it's a bit strange as you'd said, it's like I can see everything's shadows? Or that maybe I'm seeing it through a shadow, or almost like a photograph negative. I can't explain it properly, but yes it worked. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

That goes for everyone else on your team, sir? "If I don't like it nobody does?".' Nicole replied, a little curtly. 'And =the "operator" can make sure the only voice you hear is theirs.'

"As I have been talking with you since you told me about this idea of yours, I clearly have not asked everyone in my team Miss Bouchard, however having wires hanging around when you are supposed to use wepons and magick and fight for your life seam to be to be a incredibly bad idea that will sooner or later get someone killed and it have zero advantage over just using magick for the communication."
Amadeus said plainly.

Nicole sighed before replying. 'One, the Adepts feel this method - or a variant of - will work. Two, I've seen this method work before. Three, tape the wire to your neck and down the side of your body. Four, if the wire is all too much you can use it like a cell-phone instead. I got the headsets thinking it would be something to keep your hands free during combat.'

"I said...that I could make it work, I also said it would be more work than just using the sowtware and systems I was used to for no benefit and that it would add complications as we likely will not have things like wifi once we enter the Umbra."
Chris said from across the room.
"And I sort of agree about the wires, for combatants they are nto a good idea someone will get tangeled in them so unless each team can afford one person just to be on communications and otherwise stay out of the action then it is a liability, and again I also fail to see the benefit here. But yes using my own magick I can make mundane tech work where it otherwise would not but it would be extra work."
The Virtual Adept added. Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"So you are telling me you have had pepole in combat situations running around with headsets that both dampen what they hear around them and have wires to get tangles in, again that sounds like a really bad idea. Even a taped wire will be restrictive child, and having one hand busy holding a cell phone is not acceptable, no Miss Bouchard, no, I am not going into combat using this."
The old Verbena declared simply.

'No, I did not insist on this.' Nicole shot back, glaring at the Adept for a moment - feeling they were being somewhat cowardly by disowning the whole thing on the first sniff of resistance.'It was my suggestion.' now turning back to look at the Hermetic. 'We do not have any more time to sort out another method, sirs. No, it's not perfect or the way you'd do it but it should work and it's the option usable right now.' trying her best to persuade the Hermetic.

"Well yes you sort of did Miss Bouchard, I said repetadly that I did not feel comfortable with the idea, if I had known you did not have hands free ear pieces but acual headsets that are plugged into phones then I would have protested more as I agree with Master Nassa, someone is goign to get a weapon or something they use for magick tangeled in that, it is nto a good idea for when you have to be mobile, However you kept wanting to do things this way and I agree due to feleing overwealmed and jsut wanting to get thigns done, it is mroe work for me than just using my own system but the extra work would be less time than arguing over it."
Chris replied.
Amadeus looked at Chris.
"Miss Bouchard say there is no other system can you still run ops the way Master Nassa do it?"
He asked.
"Well I do not know exactly how Master Nassa do it but I can do it without wires using actually magick to communicate linking in on your phones yes."
He said and Amadeus turned back to Nicole.
"It do seam there is antoher system Miss Bouchard unless you insist on using mundane technology."

'I say again; if you feel you cannot use the system yourself, sir - pick a member of your team who can.'

"No, I am not going to lead a group into combat knowing they are using a dangerous, uneccesary system, that will get them tangeled up and at worst killed, it is not acceptable."
The old Verbena said simply.
"This have never been used for any other combat situation I have ever been in and I have been in combat before this nation was formed, so no."

"Greetings," he said, politely though he wasn't sure exactly where Kent was at the moment he had a general idea from where Fran had been directing herself.

"Kent says hello back."
Fran said with a smile.

He winced a bit as he noticed Kent. He hadn't died pleasantly or by accident, it seemed. From the look on his face he was a bit put off by the way things appeared at first, compared to what he was used to seeing. "Yes, but...it's a bit strange as you'd said, it's like I can see everything's shadows? Or that maybe I'm seeing it through a shadow, or almost like a photograph negative. I can't explain it properly, but yes it worked. Thank you."

"That is what I see when I look at spirits, as if they are pothography negatives or just made of shadows."
Fran replied.
"Sorry about that, I guess my magick is a bit different from yours...will you be okey Adley?"

(OOC: Not made here mentality?)

(OOC 2: It is nto 5 percent of the time you need to go to another Tribunal and deal with things another Chantry could handle.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 pm

[villa 2]

"That is what I see when I look at spirits, as if they are pothography negatives or just made of shadows."
Fran replied.
"Sorry about that, I guess my magick is a bit different from yours...will you be okey Adley?"

He smiled at her. "There is nothing to apologize for, I'm grateful for your help. At another time I would be curious about the differences but for now I'm just going to accept them as is and learn as we go." He stood up, and gave himself a shake to get back into focus, looking around to see how his pater was doing and if they were about ready. He tried to adjust to the changes in his vision, since he knew the Labyrinth would be an even more dire place than this...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:23 pm

[villa 2]

Fran gave a slight smile and nodded at that.
"Like all Euthanathos, well nearly all Euthanathos I do suffer from Jhor, but it is not only that I guess I see the Umbra and spirits as being a realm of shadows."
The young death maga said.

Jeffry was looking at some pictures projected on the wall of some rather odd pepole, the drawings looked like Serge had made them. Things looked to be going smootly save for Amadeus clearly not being happy about something and he was giving a rather clear expression for his unhappiness. Henrietta was doing a ritual in the kitchen it sounded like. Everyone was doing final preperations other than Amadeus who was well not happy about modern tech and wires.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:26 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'Getting folks with different sorts of magick to work all together?' raising an eyebrow.

Anja's Post:

'Fine - use the cell phone like a walkie-talkie then. No wires.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole listened to this impassively, silent - but a canny eye would see the annoyance piling up behind her eyes. Once they'd finished bitching, Nicole silently walked up to Chris and put the headsets firmly in his hand. 'Okay, I bow respectfully to the superior knowledge, sir.' tone icily polite. 'Here's the list of the other teams.'

With that, she'll simply walk off with a clear "fuck 'em" stride. Back to collect her gear and then report to Crexia.

[A 'Not Made Here' mentality is when someone (normally an organisation) rejects any solution just on the basis that, well they didn't come up with it. Which is what Nassa is doing here, and to a lesser extent Chris is. Nick doesn't care so much which is why she's just given up.]

[Shame, actually - I rather liked Nick's solution. And speaking purely OOC, I think it would have worked too.]

[I don't mean literally '5%' of the time - just a figure of speech.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:43 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

'Getting folks with different sorts of magick to work all together?' raising an eyebrow.

"Telepathy tend to work regardless of someone's Paradigm and if not you can just send a spirit to communicate with them or open a small portal and speak."
Anadeus replied.

'Fine - use the cell phone like a walkie-talkie then. No wires.'

"Very well I can do that, as long as I am not expected to constantly be talking into it as I will need my hands for other things."

Nicole listened to this impassively, silent - but a canny eye would see the annoyance piling up behind her eyes. Once they'd finished bitching, Nicole silently walked up to Chris and put the headsets firmly in his hand. 'Okay, I bow respectfully to the superior knowledge, sir.' tone icily polite. 'Here's the list of the other teams.'

"Well you do seam to have more knowledge of this chat room and mundane mass communication in combat than me."
Chris said and he scratched his head.
"But it might need a bit of time to adjust to another way to work and even mroe time to get mystics to accept the solution."
He siad with a sigh.

(OOC: It is not a bad idea though wires could be a problem, it depend on how it is used it would have to be magicked to work in the Umbra as there generally are no wifi there unless said magick is used but beyond that it could work but it would probably take a bit to convince some of the mystics and wires would be in the way.)

(OOC 2: No Nassa is rejecting wries due to them getting in the way during combat and he is asking how this system which do have quite a few draw back is better than what they have already been using. Chris is a bit confused since he have to use magick to get the signal to work in the Umbra anyway so he is not sure where Nicole is going with it, but Nossa outright do not like the thought of being hooked up to anything with wires in combat.)

(OOC 3: I get that I just mean that the likelyhood of having expensive equipment that will likely never been used are rather low.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Sometimes that is all you can do for someone, however as this is a Nephandus we are talking about, probably he was grateful for that fate over the alternative."
Fran replied with a frown.
"I do not think he would have liked to be taken alive."
Colin nodded, "I don't think we would have, in any case... No slight to Master Nassa, but I don't think even he would have managed to pull the man back from that stage..."

Nicole wrote:'Now ain't the time to talk about this...'
He shook his head, "No... I suppose it never is..."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, really?' she quipped, looking at Colin curiously for a moment. 'The only way that's gonna happen is if I get published and reviewed successfully, like. Easiest way for that to be done is for me to go on an scientific expedition as the muscle, getting my name pinned to the reports as part of the team.'
He shrugged, "I am told there is a way to do so on merit - battlefield promotions, if you will - to compensate for your particular branch of Etherites' lower inclination for bureaucracy and dusty academia. That said, i do have some theoretical work to write up; some novel spells and the like, which might be well served by an Etherite's opinion on application and diversified methods. A few such articles with you in a co-authoring role would certainly not go amiss."

Nicole wrote:'Why would you fight a bear unarmed? Plus, there's not many reports of that being unsuccessful.'
He shrugged, "Well, if the bear caught me at a... compromised moment, I don't see that I'd have much choice in the matter, would I? And there are enough reports of people finding the unfortunate aftermath of such unarmed fights, sometimes years later, still with the... distinct bear-influcted injuries visible."

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Kent, do you see a man beside me, he is in his 40's with scars on his face, quite well dressed?"
The Euthanathos asked. Ken't shook his head.
"No I do not see him but I can feel someone's pressence."
The ghost replied his voice like a rusteling of leaves, not noticed by anyone who could not see or hear spirits at the moment. Chris glanced over though as a ghost dot appeared on his tracker.
"Your friend Miss Mandis?"
He asked and Fran nodded.
"Yes Master Davenport."
He nodded, "I guess that confirms it - not completely perfect, as he senses my presence, but good enough that he can't pinpoint me or describe me..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I just have to ask someone something that shouldn't take much time, I can still pass them back that won't take long either," he said, he said. "Thank you." He took his own weapon back from those laid out and held it a moment before he stuck it in the loop on his belt. Then he gathered up the rest, and went to help return them. When he saw Fran speaking with Colin, after, he went over to ask her something. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm helping to carry some spells and I wanted to keep a bit of leeway in case I had to pick up some more. So far my concentration can handle it but it's hard to know what it's going to be like in there. Is it too much to ask if you cast a spirit sight on me, please Unless you're in the same situation of course?"
Anja wrote:"No not a problem at all. I only have my regular wards and spirit sight up so I can do that...ehm if you find a chair."
S7trif3 wrote:"A spirit friend?" he asked, then nodded at her explanation, dragging over a chair.
Anja wrote:"A wraith yes, Kent Macer."
Fran replied.
S7trif3 wrote: "Very well, I should have a few moments to get acclimated to that. I suppose I am most used to my own and my pater's ways of seeing things but given what we're likely up against maybe this is appropriate, after all..." He glanced at the chair and gestured to it as if asking if he should be the one to sit, and if so, did that. "Thank you."
Anja wrote:"Yeah taking a moment to get used to it might be a good idea."
"Did it work properly?"
Fran asked.
"Can you see them?"
Anja wrote:He winced a bit as he noticed Kent. He hadn't died pleasantly or by accident, it seemed. From the look on his face he was a bit put off by the way things appeared at first, compared to what he was used to seeing. "Yes, but...it's a bit strange as you'd said, it's like I can see everything's shadows? Or that maybe I'm seeing it through a shadow, or almost like a photograph negative. I can't explain it properly, but yes it worked. Thank you."
Anja wrote:"That is what I see when I look at spirits, as if they are pothography negatives or just made of shadows."
Fran replied.
S7trif3 wrote:He smiled at her. "There is nothing to apologize for, I'm grateful for your help. At another time I would be curious about the differences but for now I'm just going to accept them as is and learn as we go." He stood up, and gave himself a shake to get back into focus, looking around to see how his pater was doing and if they were about ready. He tried to adjust to the changes in his vision, since he knew the Labyrinth would be an even more dire place than this...
Anja wrote:Fran gave a slight smile and nodded at that.
"Like all Euthanathos, well nearly all Euthanathos I do suffer from Jhor, but it is not only that I guess I see the Umbra and spirits as being a realm of shadows."
He casually took the axe as Adley came over, and watched quietly as Fran did her work, listening to the descriptions, then nodded thoughtfully, "That's... certainly odd. Whereas I see Mr. Macer as a man with some... visible injuries incompatible with sustaining life, as it were. Only a slightly peculiar shade, or perhaps just slightly less than fully opaque... just like pretty much every other spirit I see; some aren't precisely easy to tell apart from living humans either, unless they radiate a particular Resonance, like Uncle Willard here..."
He paused, then furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait, why did he enter the villa, if he were set to guard the grounds?"

Anja wrote:The death maga glanced over at the phone.
"Oh my those guys have run into some Paradox it seams and...it have not been kind to them, at least they will be hard to miss."
She exclaimed.
He nodded, "I'm sure we'll want to do our best to catch discount Cthulhu alive, at least, and probably the others, too... I'd best show Gabby the Chronomancer."

((OOC: I think you might be mixing up Master Nassa and Master Sharaya a few times there; it was Narim who did comms on the previous Labyrinth run not Amadeus, right?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:55 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin's Post:

Nicole gave a somewhat non-committal gesture to this. 'We'll see. Not really the time for that...'

Colin's Post:

'That's what They want you to think. Them bears keep on getting fitted up!' ending with a smirk.

Anja's Post:

'I got the headsets for folk - like me - who need both hands to fight, sir.' Nicole replied. 'And it's there to talk if you need to. Or if someone needs to talk to you.'

Anja's Post:

'That's the point. If it all falls apart you'll still have a series of active cell-phones and a battery-powered router. Gotta be a cakewalk for an Adept to make a radio net from that.' giving the man a look like she was surprised on having to explain that she'd tried to build redundancies into the system.

Anja's Post:

'Can't please everyone. And the sell is easier when the seller don't have their legs cut off in front of the customer.' her grey eyes flashing annoyance again for a second.

'Most of them are familiar with cells. Saying the app makes it into a walkie-talkie and you've got a magic transmitter we're talking along should be enough to sway it.' at this point the Etherite moved closer and dropped to a whisper.

'We both know that if left to their own devices, we'll end up with five different solutions, none of them compatible. You really wanna deal with that?'

[Yes, wires are an issue. Which is why mundane militaries usually use duct tape onto their clothes so it doesn't flap about - which Nick would have done if she'd been the comms-person on her team.]

[Well, Nicole is an instinctive field jury-rigger than a lab-table builder. She'd prefer to get viable 'SleeperTech' and make it dance, rather than build a dancing-machine from scratch.]

[The exact same reasoning can be said about Steelhaven getting an Ethership. But it's got one...]

[Speaking of which, does the ship have a name? Can't have a ship without a name!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:17 am

Anja wrote:"Some sort of alchemy, she crate some sort of potions, though often she combine magickal healing with mundane, she might set a bone, then add some odd fluids to the bandages and the bone will heal in hours and not months, that kind of thing."
Kallen replied.
"I think she is some sort of alchemist."

"Ah plot twist! She's an Alchemy Hermetic then." Serge joked with a chuckle as he added that note to the message he was writing.

He sent a message to Nicole with a picture of Dr Treevela and the following message:

"This is the main healer for the labyrinth forces. Likely an Etherite and her healing methods rely heavily on tools and instruments rather than mysticism."

"Anything else you'd like to share with me?" he mused.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:20 am

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin nodded, "I don't think we would have, in any case... No slight to Master Nassa, but I don't think even he would have managed to pull the man back from that stage..."

"I don't know Mr Wainwright Miss Rosso was pretty much flat after Eric Dahl blew up, and he healed her back to perfect healt."
Fran replied and she raised an eyebrow.

[Villa 2]

He nodded, "I guess that confirms it - not completely perfect, as he senses my presence, but good enough that he can't pinpoint me or describe me..."

"It will make it harder for a ghost to directly target you and Anna at least Mr Wainwright."
The Euthanathos replied.

He casually took the axe as Adley came over, and watched quietly as Fran did her work, listening to the descriptions, then nodded thoughtfully, "That's... certainly odd. Whereas I see Mr. Macer as a man with some... visible injuries incompatible with sustaining life, as it were. Only a slightly peculiar shade, or perhaps just slightly less than fully opaque... just like pretty much every other spirit I see; some aren't precisely easy to tell apart from living humans either, unless they radiate a particular Resonance, like Uncle Willard here..."
He paused, then furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait, why did he enter the villa, if he were set to guard the grounds?"

"I have asked Uncle Willard to enter the villa to make sure the Labyrinth do not attract anything...undesierable in here."
Jeffry explained. Fran nodded at your explination of how you see spirits and she replied.
"I guess I Tim Burton spirits when I see them."
She commented wryly.

He nodded, "I'm sure we'll want to do our best to catch discount Cthulhu alive, at least, and probably the others, too... I'd best show Gabby the Chronomancer."

"If we can take prisoners then we will, and the leaders of the Labyrinth is a priority but our main objective is to learn the Labyrinth out and take it down."
Jeffry said and Gabby who heard her name mentioned jumped of the sofa and she came over to Colin and figure eight his legs while mauing.

'I got the headsets for folk - like me - who need both hands to fight, sir.' Nicole replied. 'And it's there to talk if you need to. Or if someone needs to talk to you.'

"But why would one need that must talking in battle that just sending a spirit is not enough?"
Amadeus protested.

'That's the point. If it all falls apart you'll still have a series of active cell-phones and a battery-powered router. Gotta be a cakewalk for an Adept to make a radio net from that.' giving the man a look like she was surprised on having to explain that she'd tried to build redundancies into the system.

"I am an information mage Miss Bouchard, I deal in data and information or as Mr Wainwright put it I am a software man and not a hardware man."
Chris said.
"But yes I do use phones and can create new connections between them if need by but then generally with software."

Can't please everyone. And the sell is easier when the seller don't have their legs cut off in front of the customer.' her grey eyes flashing annoyance again for a second.

'Most of them are familiar with cells. Saying the app makes it into a walkie-talkie and you've got a magic transmitter we're talking along should be enough to sway it.' at this point the Etherite moved closer and dropped to a whisper.

"Hum...perhaps if we got some ear pieces...that would make it an easier sell..."
Chris said and he tapped at the bridge of his nose.
"Hum...I might be able to get some it might not be legal but it is doable."

'We both know that if left to their own devices, we'll end up with five different solutions, none of them compatible. You really wanna deal with that?'

"They did fairly well taking out two Labyrinths two months ago, when Master Sharaya ran ops for them, at least for one of the missions...but yes it is not likely to be one system at the same time getting stubborn old mages to agree to something new in five minutes is not easy."
The Virtual Adept replied.

"Ah plot twist! She's an Alchemy Hermetic then." Serge joked with a chuckle as he added that note to the message he was writing.

"A Solificati? Hum...well yes that is possible."
Kallen said with a nod.
"I never asked her which faction or group she Fell from."

"Anything else you'd like to share with me?" he mused.

"I don't know, what do you need? There is a limit to what I can say but I can answer some questions."
Kallen replied.

(OOC: Steelhaven got an Ethership because it was an inheritance not something they bought.)
(OOC 2: Nicole's idea fit her character perfectly but many of the magi will protest something they are not used to.)
(OOC 3: Ooops it seams I did mix the names up yes sorry. Master Sharaya ran ups for the run on Abigail's Labyrinth.)
(OOC 4: No I do not think the shuttle have a name yet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm

[villa 2]

Fran gave a slight smile and nodded at that.

He nodded to her explanation. "Considering you work with underworld energies more than most that certainly makes sense."

"I have asked Uncle Willard to enter the villa to make sure the Labyrinth do not attract anything...undesierable in here."
Jeffry explained. Fran nodded at your explination of how you see spirits and she replied.
"I guess I Tim Burton spirits when I see them."
She commented wryly.

"Yes, ghosts...ah did you call them wraiths? Pardon, usually seem to look as he described to me, the few times I have seen them."

Jeffry was looking at some pictures projected on the wall of some rather odd pepole, the drawings looked like Serge had made them. Things looked to be going smootly save for Amadeus clearly not being happy about something and he was giving a rather clear expression for his unhappiness. Henrietta was doing a ritual in the kitchen it sounded like. Everyone was doing final preperations other than Amadeus who was well not happy about modern tech and wires.

As he passed Nicole and Amadeus, he decided he wouldn't be any help with two people that didn't like him and figured they could sort it out without his interference anyway. He turned his attention to the pictures and started walking closer so he could see what was going on.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:12 pm

[villa 2]

He nodded to her explanation. "Considering you work with underworld energies more than most that certainly makes sense."

"So is our gift and our bane."
Henrietta said.
"Well hopefully my spirit vision will not be to creepy. Let me know if you end up with any problems with it."

"Yes, ghosts...ah did you call them wraiths? Pardon, usually seem to look as he described to me, the few times I have seen them."

"Many call them wraiths, but the dead, the restless, ghosts, any name will do, he is what is left of a person after the soul and the Avatar have left to the afterlife and rebirth, the shadow of who he was in life kept her by strong emotions and regret."
The Euthanathos replied then she turned to look at Kent.
"No offense."
The ghost shrugged.
"None taken, it is true after all, I am only a shadow of the man I was, but even so, I exist."

As he passed Nicole and Amadeus, he decided he wouldn't be any help with two people that didn't like him and figured they could sort it out without his interference anyway. He turned his attention to the pictures and started walking closer so he could see what was going on.

The pictures showed a heavily mutated man, with tentacles where one of his arms should be, wearing robes, a being that seamed to change between being a child and an old man and anywhere in between, a being that looked like a female dryad, a ceder tree one, and a woman in a lab coat.
"These appear to be the leaders of the Labyrinth according to Mr Kallen and your young Cabalmate Mr Yager mea filius."
Jeffry said as he notice the younger Hermetic's approach.
"So these are our priority targets."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Anja wrote:"I don't know, what do you need? There is a limit to what I can say but I can answer some questions."
Kallen replied.

"You know what, that's fair." Serge said with looking up to the ceiling as he tried to think of what else to ask Kallan. He had gotten information on defenses and high-profile mages. What else would be helpful to the raiding parties.

"Could you tell me then....the layout of your labyrinth?" he said eventually, "Like what sorts of rooms you have?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:38 pm

[villa 2]

So is our gift and our bane."
Henrietta said.
"Well hopefully my spirit vision will not be to creepy. Let me know if you end up with any problems with it."

"I will, thank you again."

Many call them wraiths, but the dead, the restless, ghosts, any name will do, he is what is left of a person after the soul and the Avatar have left to the afterlife and rebirth, the shadow of who he was in life kept her by strong emotions and regret."
The Euthanathos replied then she turned to look at Kent.
"No offense."
The ghost shrugged.
"None taken, it is true after all, I am only a shadow of the man I was, but even so, I exist."

"Yes, we have encountered a few...one much more angry," he frowned at that.

The pictures showed a heavily mutated man, with tentacles where one of his arms should be, wearing robes, a being that seamed to change between being a child and an old man and anywhere in between, a being that looked like a female dryad, a ceder tree one, and a woman in a lab coat.
"These appear to be the leaders of the Labyrinth according to Mr Kallen and your young Cabalmate Mr Yager mea filius."
Jeffry said as he notice the younger Hermetic's approach.
"So these are our priority targets."

"I see. Hm, is that one the one who gave us the time problems?" he scowled, pointing at the one that was a kid and an old man. "I wonder if this person is working for you know who..." he added, pointing at the woman in the lab coat. "Any information about what to expect from them?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next