Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:45 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:You felt several minds touched by your spell and then those minds withdrew as the curious sleepers went back to their beds, not caring about the fantastic things they had just seen outside of their windows, after all it was probably just a dream and nothing to be concerned about.
"Thank you."
Helena said as she prepared to cast another spell to get at the last remaining man in the car as the man in the cage continued to try to get out.

"God I hate that spell." Serge said in a tired voice. "I'll head up and see if Dr. Lee has any more of the serum."

If Helena or the other mages didn't object, he would begin to head back up to the infirmary.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:55 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

No one objected as Helena and Hildegard tried to capture the man in the car and Cita was dealing with the man in her cage. You got back into the Chantry and up to the infirmary, there you found Dr Lee and Miss White still at work looking after the rescued kinfolk. Your Cabalmate looked up and gave you a smile.
"Hey Serge, did you need anything?"
Richard asked as he made sure the man you had spoken with earlier was sleeping comfortably.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:28 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 3 00]

He nodded to Adley, "I think we can trust her, insofar as we're holding the Labyrinth hostage - much as I sort of like the big boy, I'm not about to pretend that's not what we're doing in practice..." He looked to Tali, "And I suspect if you do return as a ghost, you'll be lingering here to look after your dear, big friend... I'm guessing you would like to be, ah, interred here?"
"If my Labyrinth is treated well I do not see much of a chance that I will return as a ghost, I have no regrets but yes if I where to become a ghost I would likely become a protector of this Labyrinth, and yes I would want to be left here after I am dead yes, preferably feed my body to one of the maws and my body with nourish my Labyrinth."

"We will still need someone here to protect the entry. We need to support the others as well as stop this ritual," he summarized. It was clear he wanted a direction, and was looking at Colin and Amadeus for input on what to do.

"But what if they harm my husband and the others more before we get to them?"
Amber Rose protested a note of desperation in her voice then she drew a deep breath and sigh.
"I know you are right but even so...I want my husband back."
He shook his head, "With a rigged battlefield, we can take out the Komu. But this group doesn't have the strength to be reasonably certain of victory against four of the Labyrinth's strongest pawns, especially when that includes a Pain spirit and someone who can kill by touch. So we wait until we can get some assistance for that strike, and hope the pawns aren't cruel and stupid enough to harm the captives further."

"We need to be able to get to him to help him, and it does seem that we're going to move carefully, and have help ready that they will require," he agreed.

"Did you want me to stop the cooling down of the Labyrinth?"
Tali asked.
He shook his head, "Maintain the cold until the spider's dealt with - it should keep her from escaping as a swarm of spiders; I'm sure she's got countless tiny passages to maneuver through where no human could fit..."

He wasn't about to countermand Colin's order, yet anyway, as he didn't know enough about the situation to make a better solution or how much the risk was, but he was concerned.

// I love how Serge just casually is like, I can Jedi mind trick them? Like that's not super powerful lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:13 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:No one objected as Helena and Hildegard tried to capture the man in the car and Cita was dealing with the man in her cage. You got back into the Chantry and up to the infirmary, there you found Dr Lee and Miss White still at work looking after the rescued kinfolk. Your Cabalmate looked up and gave you a smile.
"Hey Serge, did you need anything?"
Richard asked as he made sure the man you had spoken with earlier was sleeping comfortably.

"Yeah, some anti magick serum." Serge said, panting slightly as he had to run all the way up to the infirmary in the chantry's top floor. "Need it for some guys who attacked us outside. Don't worry, their mostly subdued."

(OOC: Lol. If someone made that reference in front of Serge, he'd probably get a lot more excited about it.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:28 pm

[Labyrinth entrance 3 00 ]
Anja wrote:"You knew about eyeball travel from your Avatar? But you are not Fallen are you?"
Tali asked sounding confused.
Colin smiled enigmatically, "No, not exactly... but I've picked up a little here and there."

S7trif3 wrote:"We will still need someone here to protect the entry. We need to support the others as well as stop this ritual," he summarized. It was clear he wanted a direction, and was looking at Colin and Amadeus for input on what to do.
He nodded, "The werespider's a threat in terms of being a highly mobile scout, potentially assassin. We'll want to deal with that immediately, now we have her location. Lady Crexia and her teams can handle the security chief and move to support the others quite swiftly, I'm sure - I have confidence in their capabilities."

Anja wrote:"I don't know Mr Wainwright after all the Nephandi have not used the prisoners as bargaining chips thus far, why should they start doing it?"
Amber Rose asked anxiously.
"Who knows how such monsters think."
He frowned, "After the events of the last scuffle, I should say surprisingly rationally and pragmatically. They'll cheerfully keep captives alive to extort favours from Traditionalists or Technocrats alike, and keep them relatively unharmed for as long as they can milk the situation... Just like how they strung along Mr. Bergen after abducting his daughter. Suffice to say, there were some... very harsh words exchanged over that."

S7trif3 wrote:"We need to be able to get to him to help him, and it does seem that we're going to move carefully, and have help ready that they will require," he agreed.
He nodded, "One thing at a time... no-one is served by us trying to rush things before we have the strength to do so."

Anja wrote:"I guess it depend on how you look at it, wercreatures and in particulary Ananasi are very religious, Komu have forsaken Queen Ananasa and instead serve the Wyrm himself and some of his most powerful spirits, and the spirits they serve grant them their powers, that is similar to an Infernalist, but she is not bound to an Outsider Thing or some sort of demon that I know of."
Tali replied.
He nodded, "Let's hope it's not quite as bad..."

S7trif3 wrote:He wasn't about to countermand Colin's order, yet anyway, as he didn't know enough about the situation to make a better solution or how much the risk was, but he was concerned.
He smiled thinly, "We'll be as quick as we can, and I'll let the Labyrinth know to restore the heating; no-one is going to last too long in freezing cold, but the spider should be just enough more vulnerable to it..."

Anja wrote:"Oh wonderful, traveling by eyeball."
Gray replied with a frown but he followed along.
"Not pesticides directly but I have poisons."
Darrian said and he pulled some bottles from his coat.
"The eyeball out in the hallway?"
He sighed, "It is less disgusting than you might think, he's a big, gentle boy as such... and yes."
He led the way, waiting for Darrian to prepare his mixtures, then patted the wall next to the hallway eyeball, "Alright, big boy, we three need to go right outside the spider's lair..."

((OOC: Amadeus is with Crexia & company... there was another reshuffle as Colin returned to defend Anna.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:45 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 3 00]

He smiled thinly, "We'll be as quick as we can, and I'll let the Labyrinth know to restore the heating; no-one is going to last too long in freezing cold, but the spider should be just enough more vulnerable to it..."

"Very well," he frowned. "Is there something you wish me to do? Keep this area secure?"

//these are not the mages you're looking for
//ah right, my bad. Object permanence sometimes falters for me after a few days lol. Then Adley would simply see Colin a defacto leader for now, since he was the leader of one of the previous teams.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:17 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

Realising she couldn't really do anything to help the fight with the wood-woman, she turned to look to Crexia, to see if there was any orders...

[Heh, I've always had that. I'm actually quite social, but I want it on *my* terms. Boredom and stress of acting like a normal person plus booze... well, not good. Plus, I don't know most of them much as they're ancient half-siblings. Wouldn't mind so much if I could simply turn up for the meal...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:45 am

[Labyrinth foyer 3 00]

"We will still need someone here to protect the entry. We need to support the others as well as stop this ritual," he summarized. It was clear he wanted a direction, and was looking at Colin and Amadeus for input on what to do.

Amadeus had gone of with the group that went to help out with the fight against the tree like woman and her group but Amber Rose was here.
"Me and Anna are staying here at least."
Amber Rose replied.

"We need to be able to get to him to help him, and it does seem that we're going to move carefully, and have help ready that they will require," he agreed.

Amber Rose gave an impatient sigh at that but she nodded her acceptance of the plan even if she did not like waiting to rescue her husband.

He wasn't about to countermand Colin's order, yet anyway, as he didn't know enough about the situation to make a better solution or how much the risk was, but he was concerned.

"We will be all right Sodalis."
Darrian commented.

Colin smiled enigmatically, "No, not exactly... but I've picked up a little here and there."

"Picked up a little what? Corruption?"
"I do not understand."

He nodded, "The werespider's a threat in terms of being a highly mobile scout, potentially assassin. We'll want to deal with that immediately, now we have her location. Lady Crexia and her teams can handle the security chief and move to support the others quite swiftly, I'm sure - I have confidence in their capabilities."

"Indeed it is as scouts and assassins that Ananasi excell, they are not as skilled brute force fighters as other Fera."
The Keeper agreed.

He frowned, "After the events of the last scuffle, I should say surprisingly rationally and pragmatically. They'll cheerfully keep captives alive to extort favours from Traditionalists or Technocrats alike, and keep them relatively unharmed for as long as they can milk the situation... Just like how they strung along Mr. Bergen after abducting his daughter. Suffice to say, there were some... very harsh words exchanged over that."

"No one is saying the Nephandi do not keep hostages Mr Wainwright but as no one have gotten any demands for my husband and the others it seams hostage was never their plan for them."
Amber Rose retorted.

He nodded, "Let's hope it's not quite as bad..."

Tali gave a shrug at that.

"We are going to be as quick about this as we can and get the heat back on."
Darrian agreed.
"Hopefully this will not take long."

He sighed, "It is less disgusting than you might think, he's a big, gentle boy as such... and yes."
He led the way, waiting for Darrian to prepare his mixtures, then patted the wall next to the hallway eyeball, "Alright, big boy, we three need to go right outside the spider's lair..."

"Off course not how could travel through giant rotting eyeball be anything but a treat."
Gray commented sarcastically. You got to the eyeball in the hallway, then you again felt the sensation of being birthed from rotting roadkill and you and Gray and Darrian was in another, quickly cooling corridor, this one had two eyes, a mouth and a liver and bone doors at either end and several bone doors on either side, since Tali said she could see into the Komu's room it was probably the door right across the hallway which was hers.
"So what is our plan?"
Gray whispered.

Realising she couldn't really do anything to help the fight with the wood-woman, she turned to look to Crexia, to see if there was any orders...

Crexia was brushing of her dress, everything was under control, then she drew a dagger and set about methodically killing the not yet dead Nephandi, starting with the mage you had shot.
"Are you injured Miss Bouchard?"
Crexia asked as Amadeus continued to drain the life out of the tree woman, she was all but dead now.

[Steelhaven 3]

"Yeah, some anti magick serum." Serge said, panting slightly as he had to run all the way up to the infirmary in the chantry's top floor. "Need it for some guys who attacked us outside. Don't worry, their mostly subdued."

"The damned Serum...yes there is a bottle in that cabinet over there."
Richard said and he pointed to one of the cabinets.
"I will get it for you, do you know how to use it?"
He asked before he left the wounded kinfolk's bedside and went to the cabinet.
"More attacker? Nephandi again?"
He asked with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:35 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"The damned Serum...yes there is a bottle in that cabinet over there."
Richard said and he pointed to one of the cabinets.
"I will get it for you, do you know how to use it?"
He asked before he left the wounded kinfolk's bedside and went to the cabinet.
"More attacker? Nephandi again?"
He asked with a frown.

"Don't know. Could be anyone honestly." Serge said as he waited for the serum, "I don't know how to use the serum. Though Ms. Mar or Master Telar probably do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:52 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a tired shrug to Crexia's move; she'd been looking to see what the woman wanted done with the enemies anyway. 'Rather... sore.' she replied to the question, moving over to retrieve her carbine. 'Did we have any casualties?' looking around.

[Vanilla Humans 0 = Cyborgs 1.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:57 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"Don't know. Could be anyone honestly." Serge said as he waited for the serum, "I don't know how to use the serum. Though Ms. Mar or Master Telar probably do."

"Yes I imagine that Master Telar do know if not you fill the syringe to here."
Richard said and pointed.
"That is allot of fluid and this stuff flows like molasses if the person you are taking prisoner cooperated try to go slow once you have the needle in that will cause them the least amount of pain, but this stuff do hurt and makes someone feel pretty sick so yeah."
Your Cabalmate handed you a bottle of bright green, thick fluid and a few syringes.
"Here you go and if we are under attack be careful kid. As for who is attacking us, I guess we will find out eventually."

Nicole gave a tired shrug to Crexia's move; she'd been looking to see what the woman wanted done with the enemies anyway. 'Rather... sore.' she replied to the question, moving over to retrieve her carbine. 'Did we have any casualties?' looking around.

Crexia was clearly not interested in taking prisoners and as Amadeus finished with the tree woman and she fell to the ground as a heap of dry twigs, she just continued executing the wounded one by one.
"We have wounded but I think we can all continue."
The lich said as she murdered another wounded pawn with about as much emotion as when ordering a cup of coffee.
"I can take care of that soreness and everyone else's wounds as well."
Amadeus said, he looked even more healthy and vibrant now than usual and he was wiping his hands down on a cloth before walking over to Nicole.
"If you would allow me Miss Bouchard."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:06 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 3 00]
Anja wrote:"Picked up a little what? Corruption?"
"I do not understand."
Colin tapped his chest gently, "I have a shard cluster; one of possibly unparalleled power and potential. Some of those shards... well, I suppose it goes without saying. There's enough consciousness and memory left in most of the fragments to share knowledge and converse with me. I am, perhaps, the one hope for redemption and renewal for some, and a last chance to interact with the world for others... I have a lot of wrongs to atone for with me."

Anja wrote:"No one is saying the Nephandi do not keep hostages Mr Wainwright but as no one have gotten any demands for my husband and the others it seams hostage was never their plan for them."
Amber Rose retorted.
He nodded, "True, but if the guards see the possibility of holding them hostage to secure their own escape... well, they wouldn't have made it to their present standing if they weren't clever."

Anja wrote:Amadeus had gone of with the group that went to help out with the fight against the tree like woman and her group but Amber Rose was here.
"Me and Anna are staying here at least."
Amber Rose replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"Very well," he frowned. "Is there something you wish me to do? Keep this area secure?"
He nodded, "Guard Anna, and guard the entrance."

Anja wrote:"Off course not how could travel through giant rotting eyeball be anything but a treat."
Gray commented sarcastically. You got to the eyeball in the hallway, then you again felt the sensation of being birthed from rotting roadkill and you and Gray and Darrian was in another, quickly cooling corridor, this one had two eyes, a mouth and a liver and bone doors at either end and several bone doors on either side, since Tali said she could see into the Komu's room it was probably the door right across the hallway which was hers.
"So what is our plan?"
Gray whispered.
He sighed, looking cautiously at the door, "The plan is simple - Seek and Destroy. Anything more complex will be dangerous without a good look at the room's layout. My first shot should probably do a great deal of damage, I just have to hit her, but I might need her to be a little off balance for that... Master Haagen, is that poison of yours going to be gaseous at thirty degrees Fahrenheit, or will it be liquid, or even solid?"
He looked at Gray, "And do you have the scanner app, so you can see if the werespider is in there?"

((OOC: Amadeus has attained the most sophisticated state of a Verbena; that of leechdom. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Anja's Post:

'She had a punch like fucking iron...' the Etherite muttered, looking pale, sweaty and rattled, casting around for a place to sit for a moment once she'd retrieved her carbine. Cast around to see if there was anywhere to sit or lean on for a moment, grabbing a bar from her pocket and demolishing half in one go. 'What... yeah, go on. Wait... why ain't you passed out? You lost loads of blood just now...' looking confused for a moment.

[Wait, isn't the temperature still dropping?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:30 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 3 00]

Colin tapped his chest gently, "I have a shard cluster; one of possibly unparalleled power and potential. Some of those shards... well, I suppose it goes without saying. There's enough consciousness and memory left in most of the fragments to share knowledge and converse with me. I am, perhaps, the one hope for redemption and renewal for some, and a last chance to interact with the world for others... I have a lot of wrongs to atone for with me."

"Interesting and if this works as a proper Avatar it sounds powerful, just stay out of our Caul."
The Keeper said with a nod.
"I doubt it is much redemption to be had in having a single shard saved though it is like saying to saved grandma's plate with just retaining a bit of the rim."
Tali added sounding doubtful.

He nodded, "True, but if the guards see the possibility of holding them hostage to secure their own escape... well, they wouldn't have made it to their present standing if they weren't clever."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
Amber Rose said sounding a bit doubtful.

He nodded, "Guard Anna, and guard the entrance."

Again Amber Rose just nodded.

He sighed, looking cautiously at the door, "The plan is simple - Seek and Destroy. Anything more complex will be dangerous without a good look at the room's layout. My first shot should probably do a great deal of damage, I just have to hit her, but I might need her to be a little off balance for that... Master Haagen, is that poison of yours going to be gaseous at thirty degrees Fahrenheit, or will it be liquid, or even solid?"

"It is liquid."
Darrian said and Gray nodded.
"We will attempt to get the werspider's attention then to give you a chance to get a good shot in."
The Hollower said with a determined look in his eyes.
"And let us hope we do not get eaten by a huge spider."

He looked at Gray, "And do you have the scanner app, so you can see if the werespider is in there?"

Gray nodded and checked his phone.
"Ehm there are two wercreatures in that room."
He said and pointed.
"One strong dot and one very small and pale dot."

'She had a punch like fucking iron...' the Etherite muttered, looking pale, sweaty and rattled, casting around for a place to sit for a moment once she'd retrieved her carbine. Cast around to see if there was anywhere to sit or lean on for a moment, grabbing a bar from her pocket and demolishing half in one go. 'What... yeah, go on. Wait... why ain't you passed out? You lost loads of blood just now...' looking confused for a moment.

There was no places to sit in the hallway other than on the floor. Amadeus nodded and he begun carving new runes into his arms before he put his hand on your cheek to touch skin, his touch felt very warm and slowly your aches and pains stopped hurting and your muscles stopped protesting until you where again perfectly fine.
"I used our enemy's own life force to heal myself."
Amadeus said simply.
"Ehm guys I have gotten a message from...ehm...I have forgotten his name from anyway it is going to get colder they have found a way to get the temperature to sink in order to deal with a werspider."
Tilly said then he stood still as Amadeus asked if he could heal a cut in his shoulder.

(OOC: Amadeus says om nom nom nom.)
(OOC 2: Yes the temperature is going down.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 pm

(OOC: So we are again at 30 pages and it is time for a new thread. This summary will be a shrot one though as I am visiting my mother and have limited time online and I think what have happened in this thread are fairly easy to summarize.

Serge have helped Helena check out the wards, both Helena and George are really worried about the two Chimera that entered the Chantry. Nothing more have happened though after the Cimera left. Serge notice someone pointing a odd device at the Chantry, when they see Serge they drive off and he cast a spell to trick them to return. During the fight to try to capture the three spies one of them get killed, Cita, Helena and Hildegard have managed to subdue the other two though Serge wiped the minds of the sleepers that saw the fight before he was sent to the infirmary to get the serum.

Colin, Adley and Nicole have entered the Labyrinth and been part of different teams, they have made some progress into the Labyrinth but had to fight their way for every inch. Early on Adley give a new name to a captured spirit in a marble entrance room, that spirit was the corner stone to a Greek temple, it is on the Traditionalists side now. Colin and his team and the team Adley are on went back to the marble room to offer aid when Rust decided to be a nuisance, Gabby was sent after him but he is constantly moving around in time so he is hard to get.

Colin was kind to the Labyrinth after some of the Nephandi hurt it, this led the Labyrinth's Keeper to surrender to Colin in exchange for him promise her Labyrinth would not be hurt, she do not want her Labyrinth hurt and consider the chance that Traditionalists win to be to great to risk it, also Colin was kind to the Labyrinth when her own hurt it.

The group have found that Amber Rose's husband is still alive and is being kept captive, they have also learned that a Komu, a Wyrm serving Ananasi is between them and the prisoners so Colin and several others have gone to deal with her.

Nicole's team led by Crexia have made some progress towards the center of the Labyrinth where Mara and Jeffry's teams are still fighting and in allot of trouble. Teams get readjusted to back up is sent to Nicole's team, they manage to take out the Labyrinth's Security Chief and allot of pawns. Right now Colin's plan involve reducing the temperature in the Labyrinth, it is about to get cold. All in all so far none of the Traditionalists are dead and several Nephandi have been eliminated so far so good.

3 exp for everyone for this thread, the usual 2 plus 1 extra because it is Christmas.

Here is the link to the new thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t247-a-peculiar-child-trouble-in-the-hallways-and-and-angry-spider-ic-thread-51#41403 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30