Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:30 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin grinned, "It's called Primium... I have a few pieces of it at home; I could show you... but you're not going to like it."

"If it is very powerful, would it not be a good material to make a weapon out of?"
Coawa asked.
"Why would I not like it? I use other weapons than my teeth as well...from time to time."

[Labyrinth 2]

He nodded, "Not the worst I've met, but certainly no slacker... You don't want to know about the children in Chicago."

"Children in Chicago? What children?"
Amber Rose said as she stood and took the chance to wipe blood of her hands onto a tissue that she put back into her pocket.

He frowned, then nodded to Crexia and Jeffry, pointing at the spot in the wall, "The symbols on the floor, they're strong ones, looks like intruder alerts, and an attack command for the poor guardian... and the spirit's stone is right here, far from its rightful place as a cornerstone. I could try to pull it free, it's a lovely, ancient, handworked piece of marble, but that might upset the spirit... it should definitely be moved, though."

Crexia nodded at that and she looked at the symbol on the floor, as she was still in the middle of ritual work though Jeffry bent down to examine it further.
"Hum...I wonder what destroying it will do."
The war mage said.
"It might end the spirit's command but it might also make it more agressive...also I wonder if the Nephandi have been alerted and know we are here."
He said and Mara who was having agash in her ample arm checked by Amber Rose nodded.
"They would be quite foolish if they do not but then again they want to end all dreams."
Jeffry looked up from examining the floor to the point on the wall Colin was pinting at.
"Yes it should be removed but let us let my apprentice see if he can negotiate witht the Umbrood first, no one get to comfortable though chances are our dear hosts will send a welcoming comittee sooner rather than later."
The old war mage instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"If it is very powerful, would it not be a good material to make a weapon out of?"
Coawa asked.
"Why would I not like it? I use other weapons than my teeth as well...from time to time."
Colin frowned, "Oh, it is a very good material for weapons, the pieces I have are bullets. I really should get around to get them loaded into new casings... as for why you might not like them, they're anti-magical; very... Weaver-attuned, I suppose you'd consider them."

[Labyrinth 2]
Anja wrote:"Children in Chicago? What children?"
Amber Rose said as she stood and took the chance to wipe blood of her hands onto a tissue that she put back into her pocket.
He frowned, "Ah... the mother was one of the Nephanda whose ghosts we're going to meet here... the father was her... dark patron. The children, well... The Dunwhich Horror comes to mind..."

Anja wrote:Crexia nodded at that and she looked at the symbol on the floor, as she was still in the middle of ritual work though Jeffry bent down to examine it further.
"Hum...I wonder what destroying it will do."
The war mage said.
"It might end the spirit's command but it might also make it more agressive...also I wonder if the Nephandi have been alerted and know we are here."
He said and Mara who was having agash in her ample arm checked by Amber Rose nodded.
"They would be quite foolish if they do not but then again they want to end all dreams."
Jeffry looked up from examining the floor to the point on the wall Colin was pinting at.
"Yes it should be removed but let us let my apprentice see if he can negotiate witht the Umbrood first, no one get to comfortable though chances are our dear hosts will send a welcoming comittee sooner rather than later."
The old war mage instructed.
He nodded, "Agreed; most likely, it alerted someone - either the Keeper or the Security Chief, I should guess - and I do not think it would be wise to tamper with the stone without appeasing the guardian first... but flagging it for extrication as we leave would probably be wise and kind; we won't want the poor spirit to die with the Labyrinth, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:38 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin frowned, "Oh, it is a very good material for weapons, the pieces I have are bullets. I really should get around to get them loaded into new casings... as for why you might not like them, they're anti-magical; very... Weaver-attuned, I suppose you'd consider them."

"I see....well yes that might be a bit of a problem yes."
Coawa said with a frown.
"But then again I bet those weapons can do some harm to the Qyrl tainted as well."

[Labyrinth 2]

He frowned, "Ah... the mother was one of the Nephanda whose ghosts we're going to meet here... the father was her... dark patron. The children, well... The Dunwhich Horror comes to mind..."

"You where right...I did not really want to hear that Mr Wainwright."
Amber Rose said with a disgusted look on her face.
"So she had sex with...an Outsider Thing or something...who would do that? Why would she do that to herself? And she was captured then...since you say we might meet her ghost."

He nodded, "Agreed; most likely, it alerted someone - either the Keeper or the Security Chief, I should guess - and I do not think it would be wise to tamper with the stone without appeasing the guardian first... but flagging it for extrication as we leave would probably be wise and kind; we won't want the poor spirit to die with the Labyrinth, after all..."

"Agreed on both points Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a nod then he glanced over at Adley for a moment, then he turned his attention back to Colin.
"Be ready in case some more of the Labyrinth's residents decide to show up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:47 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"I see....well yes that might be a bit of a problem yes."
Coawa said with a frown.
"But then again I bet those weapons can do some harm to the Qyrl tainted as well."
Colin smiled thinly, "Wounds that won't heal magically... Qyrl-tainted monsters, the Weaver-worshipping Technocrats, Wyld-serving shapeshifters... vampires, mages, pretty much everything alive in one way or another is at great risk from those bullets... Nasty stuff, but very good for precision work."

[Labyrinth 2]
Anja wrote:"You where right...I did not really want to hear that Mr Wainwright."
Amber Rose said with a disgusted look on her face.
"So she had sex with...an Outsider Thing or something...who would do that? Why would she do that to herself? And she was captured then...since you say we might meet her ghost."
He nodded, "I was there, at the end... she's one of the strongest people I've ever met, she stood up without any help or support after, well..."
His voice took on a sadder tone, a bit of regret clear in his words, "She was tricked into taking the old Hermetic longevity potions as a younger mage; the one thing she wanted more than anything was children of her own... and so the deal was made; not what she wanted, but what she wished for..."

Anja wrote:"Agreed on both points Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a nod then he glanced over at Adley for a moment, then he turned his attention back to Colin.
"Be ready in case some more of the Labyrinth's residents decide to show up."
He nodded and shifted the axe over to his left hand again, drawing his pistol and pointing it vaguely at the nearest door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:48 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin smiled thinly, "Wounds that won't heal magically... Qyrl-tainted monsters, the Weaver-worshipping Technocrats, Wyld-serving shapeshifters... vampires, mages, pretty much everything alive in one way or another is at great risk from those bullets... Nasty stuff, but very good for precision work."

"Hum...well I am not that good at precicion work either you know, I tend to rip things apart."
The Rokea commented.
"But seams like those bullets would be a problem for everyone, are you saying that if I was hit by one I would not be able to heal? For that would really suck."

[Labyrinth 2]

He nodded, "I was there, at the end... she's one of the strongest people I've ever met, she stood up without any help or support after, well..."

The Verbena healer paled visably and she was rather pale to begin with.
"Well shit!"
She muttered softly.

His voice took on a sadder tone, a bit of regret clear in his words, "She was tricked into taking the old Hermetic longevity potions as a younger mage; the one thing she wanted more than anything was children of her own... and so the deal was made; not what she wanted, but what she wished for..."

"Shit but...well you know I want children as well but there is a point where you decide it is better to adopt...dammit sex with an Outsider Thing! I do not even want to immagine that."
Amber Rose said with another shudder.
"But yes I guess that is the problem with Faustian deals...they tend to give you exactly what you asked for and nto what you wanted."

He nodded and shifted the axe over to his left hand again, drawing his pistol and pointing it vaguely at the nearest door.

There was two huge eyeball out in the hallway Nicole had open a door out into, and while she closed the door again those eyeballs had clearly seen that the mages was here which meant the Keeper of the Labyrinth knew, for now though it seamed the Nephandi was content to let the Traditionalists play with their marble doorman.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:49 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Family, marriage...women would come and pray for good husband, or for revenge upon husbands who strayed, families came to ask for blessings upon their home."
The spirit replied it's voice sounded like stone scraping together.
"I know all words and none of them, but Akrogóniaios is in the language I heard the incarnate beings who came to worship my Mistress speak. I miss my purpose, I was the temple, I was a place of hope, of family, a place of hope for the feamily, of stability...now I am nothing."
The Umbrood lamented.

He raised his eyebrow a bit at the revenge part, then nodded. "Perhaps she was a hearth goddess?" He kept a wary awareness of the spikes, for the moment in case the spirit's violence rose again for some reason.

I was the first stone, but the custom of the first stone was not the best developed when I was built, even so I am the direction of the temple, the first stone in the house of my Mistress, the first stone in all houses as she is rules of the family, the home, marriage, I had a purpose then." The spirit replied. "And even when the now changed and I was forgotten, and then the ones who walked in me was no longer worshippers but those who look to the past, I was still the first stone of the temple, the core of the house, but then I was stolen, and my name was taken from me. Once I served Hera Queen of the Gods, and now I am nothing."

"I have heard of that Goddess before." In the background he heard the others discussing what to do and frowned at the thought of destroying the keystone. Then he tilted his head. "Spirit of the cornerstone of Hera - we found your stone, profaned by being where it should not be - yet it touches this place that is hidden, that moves itself. You are the cornerstone of it for now, and give it a direction in space and in spirit, is that not so? All the rest of this place orients to you." He paused, then said, "We are here to protect our families from those desecrators that have trapped you. Therefore, may we find in common your need to be reset and for a Name and yourSelf, that you become what you are and not used for what you are not." He went towards the stone that the others had been inspecting, and reached out to touch it slowly. "Akrogóniaios of Heraion...."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:43 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"More immaginary enemies...shit well that is not good."
The Flambeau said and she frowned.
"Do you know of any ways to track whatever have gotten through, and do you think it is the ltitle girl you saw before?"
The war mage asked.
"We need to get whatever it is out of Steelhaven!"

"I mean it's probably her. My ward mentioned that whoever snuck past was young looking." Serge said, racking his brain, "If I spread my senses throughout the chantry, I could probably find it. If it's still here that is."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:16 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

He raised his eyebrow a bit at the revenge part, then nodded. "Perhaps she was a hearth goddess?" He kept a wary awareness of the spikes, for the moment in case the spirit's violence rose again for some reason.

"A hearth Goddess, yes that she is."
The spirit replied, the spikes did nto attack right now but they was posed to strike if the Umbrood was to become agitated again.

"I have heard of that Goddess before." In the background he heard the others discussing what to do and frowned at the thought of destroying the keystone. Then he tilted his head. "Spirit of the cornerstone of Hera - we found your stone, profaned by being where it should not be - yet it touches this place that is hidden, that moves itself. You are the cornerstone of it for now, and give it a direction in space and in spirit, is that not so?

"Yes that is so."
The spirit replied.

ll the rest of this place orients to you."

"Yes this realm move, and shift and flow, but I remain constant, it orients around me."
The Umbrood confirmed.

He paused, then said, "We are here to protect our families from those desecrators that have trapped you. Therefore, may we find in common your need to be reset and for a Name and yourSelf, that you become what you are and not used for what you are not." He went towards the stone that the others had been inspecting, and reached out to touch it slowly. "Akrogóniaios of Heraion...."

"You are here to protect your families?"
The spirit asked, it made no move as you went to touch it's stone, the ancient block of marble felt cool to the touch, you felt the little marks of the chissel as it had been cut out by hand, and you felt power flow though it.
"I was a place of hope for families, a place where they prayed, I...want to have a name...if you can give one to me I can be what I am and help protect your family."
The spirit agreed.

[Steelhaven at 2]

"I mean it's probably her. My ward mentioned that whoever snuck past was young looking." Serge said, racking his brain, "If I spread my senses throughout the chantry, I could probably find it. If it's still here that is."

"We can not afford to to make assumptions."
Helena said with a frown.
"But it seams likely it is the girl you saw...very well do you need anything to spread your senses though the Chantry to try to locate her? I ahve some Tass on my person."
The war mage offered.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, I GMed D&D today. The drow PC have a daylight dagger and he is not afraid to use it, he should be, but he is not. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:50 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well I am not that good at precicion work either you know, I tend to rip things apart."
The Rokea commented.
"But seams like those bullets would be a problem for everyone, are you saying that if I was hit by one I would not be able to heal? For that would really suck."
Colin nodded, "Oh, I'm sure you'd heal... eventually. And you'd probably have one hell of a scar, too. Assuming you survived the initial injury. And precision work isn't for everyone; we need simple shock and awe tactics, too."

[Labyrinth 2]
Anja wrote:The Verbena healer paled visably and she was rather pale to begin with.
"Well shit!"
She muttered softly.
He nodded, speaking softly, "I've been there for every single one of the captives I helped take in relation to the Chicago and Boston Labyrinths two months ago... as I will for the captives of tonight... It's unpleasant to watch, but everyone deserves a face in the crowd that doesn't hate them, at the end..."

Anja wrote:"Shit but...well you know I want children as well but there is a point where you decide it is better to adopt...dammit sex with an Outsider Thing! I do not even want to immagine that."
Amber Rose said with another shudder.
"But yes I guess that is the problem with Faustian deals...they tend to give you exactly what you asked for and nto what you wanted."
He nodded, "She was dealt an unfair hand... but all the same, she played it well. Don't you dare offer her pity; she'll bite your hand off."

Anja wrote:"I have heard of that Goddess before." In the background he heard the others discussing what to do and frowned at the thought of destroying the keystone. Then he tilted his head. "Spirit of the cornerstone of Hera - we found your stone, profaned by being where it should not be - yet it touches this place that is hidden, that moves itself. You are the cornerstone of it for now, and give it a direction in space and in spirit, is that not so? All the rest of this place orients to you." He paused, then said, "We are here to protect our families from those desecrators that have trapped you. Therefore, may we find in common your need to be reset and for a Name and yourSelf, that you become what you are and not used for what you are not." He went towards the stone that the others had been inspecting, and reached out to touch it slowly. "Akrogóniaios of Heraion...."
Anja wrote:"You are here to protect your families?"
The spirit asked, it made no move as you went to touch it's stone, the ancient block of marble felt cool to the touch, you felt the little marks of the chissel as it had been cut out by hand, and you felt power flow though it.
"I was a place of hope for families, a place where they prayed, I...want to have a name...if you can give one to me I can be what I am and help protect your family."
The spirit agreed.
He moved aside for Adley, then pondered the spirit's response, "...Perhaps the infirmary, or or any infirmary or clinic might be appropriate; a place of hope and prayers, where family want their loved ones healed and protected?"

Anja wrote:There was two huge eyeball out in the hallway Nicole had open a door out into, and while she closed the door again those eyeballs had clearly seen that the mages was here which meant the Keeper of the Labyrinth knew, for now though it seamed the Nephandi was content to let the Traditionalists play with their marble doorman.
He frowned at the sight, finger on the trigger as he kept his pistol trained on the closest eyeball, ready to blind it at a moment's notice...

((OOC: Well, he doesn't have a reason to be afraid to use the dagger; it just hurts his eyes, and he hates the damned thing, but he hates being chewed on by zombies even more, so he'll use it as he deems necessary, and bitch about it every time. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 am

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Yes this realm move, and shift and flow, but I remain constant, it orients around me."
The Umbrood confirmed.

He nodded and then gestured to Colin. "I have a thought; the question earlier regarding the movement of this place and how can maps be accurate...perhaps this solves that problem."

"You are here to protect your families?"
The spirit agreed.

"Those that profaned your temple and removed you threaten us and ours, and all that is. We are here to protect our home, our friends, companions, families and existence itself from their threat. Sometimes we must take direct action. Your temple may have heard prayers for those that march, soldiers, to come back safely home."

He moved aside for Adley, then pondered the spirit's response, "...Perhaps the infirmary, or or any infirmary or clinic might be appropriate; a place of hope and prayers, where family want their loved ones healed and protected?"

"Such a place, or perhaps the chapel of an infirmary would be suitable too," he said thoughtfully. "But we'll need to get the spirit out of here somehow, and it is linked to it's cornerstone..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 am

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded, "Oh, I'm sure you'd heal... eventually. And you'd probably have one hell of a scar, too. Assuming you survived the initial injury. And precision work isn't for everyone; we need simple shock and awe tactics, too."

"I am what I am...I am not dumb but I am a shark I am nto a precicion tool, but I can still be useful."
Coawa commented.
"Especially when you need some fools eaten!"

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

He nodded, speaking softly, "I've been there for every single one of the captives I helped take in relation to the Chicago and Boston Labyrinths two months ago... as I will for the captives of tonight... It's unpleasant to watch, but everyone deserves a face in the crowd that doesn't hate them, at the end..."

"I sort of hope we don't take any prisoners today Mr Wainwright."
Amber Rose said she was clearly uncomfortable with the topic and she swallowed hard.
"I suppose that yes if it was me I would have...wanted someone there but let us ehm...change the topic please."
The Verbena looked a little nausious.

He nodded, "She was dealt an unfair hand... but all the same, she played it well. Don't you dare offer her pity; she'll bite your hand off."

"I shall remember to avoid that them ehm..."
Amber Rose muttered still a bit umcomfortable.

He frowned at the sight, finger on the trigger as he kept his pistol trained on the closest eyeball, ready to blind it at a moment's notice...

The eyeballs just looked at the mages but did nothing...for now.

"Those that profaned your temple and removed you threaten us and ours, and all that is. We are here to protect our home, our friends, companions, families and existence itself from their threat. Sometimes we must take direct action. Your temple may have heard prayers for those that march, soldiers, to come back safely home."

"Yes there was often soldiers who came to pray before heading into war, they asked my Mistress to protect their wives and sisters and mothers and to be allowed to see them again ad be brought safely home, and that if they died anyway that their families at least would be safe."
The spirit replied.

"Such a place, or perhaps the chapel of an infirmary would be suitable too," he said thoughtfully. "But we'll need to get the spirit out of here somehow, and it is linked to it's cornerstone..."

"My stone can be moved but unless I am proparly named I can not avoid following orders even now I ahve to fight to communicate and not attack as I am a non thing, I was not just put to a new purpose my name was stripped from me, I have no name and for one such as me to have no name means I have no purpose and live in never ending suffering."
The spirit lamented.

(OOC: True being chrewed on by zombies would be worse. Oh my that dagger would be effective if Sgee'lot ever had to go home since may drow who never go to the surface even feel pain from the light of a candle, unless they read allot and so is used to candlelight. So it would be...why are the soldiers mean to rip you apart holding their eyes and screaming. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:12 am

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'So... these eyes ain't tied into whatever's back in there?' jerking her head back to the entrance hall. Raising her carbine, clearly intending to shoot out the eyes.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:29 am

[Labyrinth 2]

"Well I guess it is possible that the spirit out here have a connection to the Labyrinth itself, generally no, it is a spirit and these eyes are just part of the Labyrinth Ma'am."
Anna explained.
"Shooting the eyes might blind the Nephandi to us right here though but it will not to much but that."
The girl said noticing your intentions.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:06 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'Y'know, you don't have to call me "ma'am".' Nicole replied, considering her options...

[How far away are the eyes? Is it possible for Nicole to just walk up to it and poke it out with a blade?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"I am what I am...I am not dumb but I am a shark I am nto a precicion tool, but I can still be useful."
Coawa commented.
"Especially when you need some fools eaten!"
Colin nodded, "No-one called you dumb - you know your strengths and weaknesses; not everyone is as keenly aware as that. And some days you need a scalpel, other days, you need a very large hammer. Neither will do the job of the other."

[Labyrinth foyer 2]
Anja wrote:"I sort of hope we don't take any prisoners today Mr Wainwright."
Amber Rose said she was clearly uncomfortable with the topic and she swallowed hard.
"I suppose that yes if it was me I would have...wanted someone there but let us ehm...change the topic please."
The Verbena looked a little nausious.
He nodded, "I agree. We... still have the ones captured in the attack on the Chantry earlier, though..."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded and then gestured to Colin. "I have a thought; the question earlier regarding the movement of this place and how can maps be accurate...perhaps this solves that problem."
He nodded thoughtfully, "That... could be; the spirit might lock the rest of the structure into place by virtue of being the literal cornerstone of it all..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Such a place, or perhaps the chapel of an infirmary would be suitable too," he said thoughtfully. "But we'll need to get the spirit out of here somehow, and it is linked to it's cornerstone..."
Anja wrote:"My stone can be moved but unless I am proparly named I can not avoid following orders even now I ahve to fight to communicate and not attack as I am a non thing, I was not just put to a new purpose my name was stripped from me, I have no name and for one such as me to have no name means I have no purpose and live in never ending suffering."
The spirit lamented.
He looked carefully at the wall, "Pulling the stone out shouldn't be hard - I could do it, though it's still a large block of marble. But the spirit should be appeased and named first, for safety's sake."

Anja wrote:The eyeballs just looked at the mages but did nothing...for now.
He glanced over at Nicole and Anna, "Miss Bouchard, if you decide to get close to the eyeballs, make sure they don't bite... The walls have teeth in places you wouldn't expect them. I heard of one vagina dentata fatality in another Labyrinth..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:41 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded, "No-one called you dumb - you know your strengths and weaknesses; not everyone is as keenly aware as that. And some days you need a scalpel, other days, you need a very large hammer. Neither will do the job of the other."

"That is true enough."
Coawa said.
"And I know no one have called me dumb, but I know that I am not used to this world on land, I walk on two leg for my brother's sake but my home is the ocean, the world of humans are alien to me."
The wershark commented a bit longingly for his deep sea home.

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

'Y'know, you don't have to call me "ma'am".' Nicole replied, considering her options...

"Well you are an adult and a fully initiated Traditionalist and I am an apprentice and twelve, but if you prefer I use Miss Bouchard instead or your first name I certinly will."
Anna said politely.

The eyes are right into the small hallways beyond the door so not very long, you can walk right up to them but the eyes are fairly large, football size so it would be gory to do so with a knife but possible.

He nodded, "I agree. We... still have the ones captured in the attack on the Chantry earlier, though..."

"Shit and they have been sitting in a cell waiting to be...for two months...ok I guess I am not sleeping tonight."
Amber Rose muttered and she shuddered.
"Not that it will be much night left when we are done here."

He glanced over at Nicole and Anna, "Miss Bouchard, if you decide to get close to the eyeballs, make sure they don't bite... The walls have teeth in places you wouldn't expect them. I heard of one vagina dentata fatality in another Labyrinth..."

"Ah yes Defiler of Rats who decided to defile the Labyrinth wall and paid the price, I can not decide if it is a bad way to die, but it is certinly a humiliating one."
Anna commented with a shrug.
"At least he learned not to stick parts of himself into things before checking...well the eyes might attack but there is a mouth over there in the other corridor."
The girl said and she pointed to the other door she had examined.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:54 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Yes there was often soldiers who came to pray before heading into war, they asked my Mistress to protect their wives and sisters and mothers and to be allowed to see them again ad be brought safely home, and that if they died anyway that their families at least would be safe."

"Yes. We are here to stop the desecrates that have taken your stone, to fight them and at least make it safer for our loved ones and truly the entire Tellurian."

My stone can be moved but unless I am proparly named I can not avoid following orders even now I ahve to fight to communicate and not attack as I am a non thing, I was not just put to a new purpose my name was stripped from me, I have no name and for one such as me to have no name means I have no purpose and live in never ending suffering."

"So long as we come to no harm, us and our families, we will give you a new Name and purpose, one that as best we understand can be in line with your original one. We will try to find you a suitable resting spot, where you may be reset and enjoy being what you are and end your torment."

He looked carefully at the wall, "Pulling the stone out shouldn't be hard - I could do it, though it's still a large block of marble. But the spirit should be appeased and named first, for safety's sake."

"Yes, agreed."

"Eyeballs?" he said with a frown, then scowled. "Please watch my back...not that you haven't been but..."

He turned his attention back and fully to the stone now, placing his hand more fully on the stone. "O Akrogoniaíos líthos, the precise angle, you define the parameters of your structure and set all to you with straightness and accuracy, and uphold all above you, and hold back all below you, you are of the Foundation and rock, whose home is the place between the heavens and the earth. Where once you heard earnest prayers to the Protectress for families heard, and so you shall be again reset in this season to a like purpose. Like the cornerstone of those families in the times of the Olympians, you are to the ithósfaira, eternal, and will be reset anew in line with your Being. We take you with us, and so will be given direction in this place as you give direction to buildings. And so we Name you to your purpose..."

Here he seemed to stop talking altogether, his fingers moving in common hand sigils to imbue the spirit with a little of the vis he'd been entrusted with using for the act, and these words he spoke aloud after a moment of pure intentional silence. But as he thought of the name "Akrogoniaíos Eolitha"  cornerstone of the Dawn, standing at the corner in the north east between dark and light. He filled his mind not with the horrible images around them but with the soft calls of dawn in all the ways he'd experienced it, birdsongs and warmth, winter sharpness, spring rain, and the dappled colors of autumn, and how every day even on his draggiest he was pulled awake at dawn and opened his eyes to a new day, where he could be with his family and friends again, hope and the chance for something new, to further the course of his life, the reawakening of reality on the mundane plane. So many did mattins, morning prayers, in all religions, whispering as the fingers of light crept across their consciousness.  "As you should be, and will be and are, may this Name bring you satisfaction and purpose."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:57 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"We can not afford to to make assumptions."
"But it seams likely it is the girl you saw...very well do you need anything to spread your senses though the Chantry to try to locate her? I have some Tass on my person."
The war mage offered.

"Don't think I'll need the Tass." Serge said as he knelt down and placed a hand on the rough floor of the roof. "I have drawings on every single floor of this chantry. So a little piece of me is everywhere within this chantry. Just need some time to meditate on that fact."

He closed his eyes and began to concentrate. His breathing slowed as he drifted into a different state of mind. Imagining the chantry in it's entirety and extending his senses to every single drawing he had made on every single floor.

From there he imagined every room, every hallway, every single crevice, acre, and space no matter how small of the chantry. Looking for the imaginary character that had infiltrated the story. Just like how a trained connoisseur could easily tell the stylistic difference between two artists, Serge could see the difference between his imaginations creations versus another's'.

(OOC: Corr 3 + Mind 1 Effect to extend Serge's senses throughout the chantry to find the errant imagination intruder. Mind 1 helps him see and locate the intruder.

Roll: 5, 8, 5, 4 - 9, 5, 3, 2 - 9, 6, 2, 1 - 6, 10, 3, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:34 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Yes. We are here to stop the desecrates that have taken your stone, to fight them and at least make it safer for our loved ones and truly the entire Tellurian."

"That...do resonate but without a Name I can do ntohing but obey the word of my captors."
The spirit lamented.

"So long as we come to no harm, us and our families, we will give you a new Name and purpose, one that as best we understand can be in line with your original one. We will try to find you a suitable resting spot, where you may be reset and enjoy being what you are and end your torment."

"Before I have a name and a prupose I can nto disobey my captors, I can only obey them."
The Umbrood repeated.

"Eyeballs?" he said with a frown, then scowled. "Please watch my back...not that you haven't been but..."

"Yeah there are some eyeballs and a mouth out in the corridor Sir."
Anna informed Adley.

He turned his attention back and fully to the stone now, placing his hand more fully on the stone. "O Akrogoniaíos líthos, the precise angle, you define the parameters of your structure and set all to you with straightness and accuracy, and uphold all above you, and hold back all below you, you are of the Foundation and rock, whose home is the place between the heavens and the earth. Where once you heard earnest prayers to the Protectress for families heard, and so you shall be again reset in this season to a like purpose. Like the cornerstone of those families in the times of the Olympians, you are to the ithósfaira, eternal, and will be reset anew in line with your Being. We take you with us, and so will be given direction in this place as you give direction to buildings. And so we Name you to your purpose..."

Here he seemed to stop talking altogether, his fingers moving in common hand sigils to imbue the spirit with a little of the vis he'd been entrusted with using for the act, and these words he spoke aloud after a moment of pure intentional silence. But as he thought of the name "Akrogoniaíos Eolitha" cornerstone of the Dawn, standing at the corner in the north east between dark and light. He filled his mind not with the horrible images around them but with the soft calls of dawn in all the ways he'd experienced it, birdsongs and warmth, winter sharpness, spring rain, and the dappled colors of autumn, and how every day even on his draggiest he was pulled awake at dawn and opened his eyes to a new day, where he could be with his family and friends again, hope and the chance for something new, to further the course of his life, the reawakening of reality on the mundane plane. So many did mattins, morning prayers, in all religions, whispering as the fingers of light crept across their consciousness. "As you should be, and will be and are, may this Name bring you satisfaction and purpose."

There was a moment's pause then there was a scraping sounds as the waiting spears of marble wanished, draw back into the walls, after another pause the spirit spoke again.
"I thank you...I am the corner stone, the building revolve around me, I protect those who protect their families, I am the cornerstone of the dawn, as dawn comes it brings with it new hope a new chance to be with one's family and I protect that...thank you being with what I can not touch inside. I no longer need attack you or your friends, and I will help you if I can and if it is within my porpose."
The spirit's voice was differet now, it sounded like feet on a stone floor and the laugther of children.
"That is a good name...I know who I am now."
The Umbrood said joyfully.

[Steelhaven at 2]

"Don't think I'll need the Tass." Serge said as he knelt down and placed a hand on the rough floor of the roof. "I have drawings on every single floor of this chantry. So a little piece of me is everywhere within this chantry. Just need some time to meditate on that fact."

He closed his eyes and began to concentrate. His breathing slowed as he drifted into a different state of mind. Imagining the chantry in it's entirety and extending his senses to every single drawing he had made on every single floor.

From there he imagined every room, every hallway, every single crevice, acre, and space no matter how small of the chantry. Looking for the imaginary character that had infiltrated the story. Just like how a trained connoisseur could easily tell the stylistic difference between two artists, Serge could see the difference between his imaginations creations versus another's'.

Helena just nodded and she stood watch as the young Cultist tried to find the bit of immagination that did not belong, and find it he did, there was something...alien down in the basement, something that did nto belong, a bit of immagination that did not seam like it should be there.
"Did you find anything Mr Yager?"
Helena said after a while.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:16 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Colin's Post:

'Yeah, I saw 'em...' the Etherite replied, continuing to stare at the eyes.

Anja's Post:

'Hah... you do what you want. Sometimes wondered if my name as a kid was actually "hey you!".' she quipped, thinking about the options. 'You got any ideas on how to blind the eye without actually damaging it?' recalling mention that such things were sort of "alive" and therefore poking organs might not be appreciated.

[Okay, is the eyes and mouth in the same corridor or two separate ones?]

[It's possible that Anna actually likes Nick a bit, for if nothing else she doesn't believe one bit about 'Fallen Avatars' and other such things. In a way, she's too ignorant to be a bigot.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:00 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

'Yeah, I saw 'em...' the Etherite replied, continuing to stare at the eyes.

The eyes just looked back at Nicole and the other mages.

Hah... you do what you want. Sometimes wondered if my name as a kid was actually "hey you!".' she quipped, thinking about the options. 'You got any ideas on how to blind the eye without actually damaging it?' recalling mention that such things were sort of "alive" and therefore poking organs might not be appreciated.

"Well hey you is better than what the Nephandi called me Miss Bouchard."
Anna said with a chuckle.
"Though I guess the Dragon's Tounge have it's charms...well anyway, without harming the eyes, I am not sure they are eyes so putting some in front of them should blind them but really we are going to see allot like them likely."
Anna said.
"Well I could probably grow some shrubbery in front of the eyes but I think we are already seen."
Amber Rose chimed in.

(OOC: The eyes and the mouth are in the same corridor and there is another mouth in the next corridor. I forgot there was one in the one with the eyes as well.)

(OOC 2: Yes she might, she have not spent allot of time with Nicole but she know that Nicole is kind to Cava and she have never treated her badly so yes Anna might like her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:17 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:Helena just nodded and she stood watch as the young Cultist tried to find the bit of immagination that did not belong, and find it he did, there was something...alien down in the basement, something that did nto belong, a bit of immagination that did not seam like it should be there.
"Did you find anything Mr Yager?"
Helena said after a while.

"It's in the basement!" Serge quickly said, snapping out of his stupor once he had found it. "The literal actual opposite place of where we are right now. We have to get down there quickly!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:52 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

"The basement? Well i guess we have to head that direction then."
"Any idea what we should do if and when we find it?"
The war mage was already running for the door to the Chantry interior and then towards the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:49 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"The basement? Well i guess we have to head that direction then."
"Any idea what we should do if and when we find it?"
The war mage was already running for the door to the Chantry interior and then towards the stairs.

Serge ran beside, to the best of his abilities, Helena as they both raced to the basement. "If it's a spirit you can still do your spirit magick on her. If it's mostly mental resonances my mind magick should be extra effective against her. Ideally it'll be susceptible to both. I'd rather not kill it if we don't have to though. Focus on trapping it so we can ask it some questions."

He glanced up at his shoulders to his imaginary spider friend, "Prepare yourself for a fight Rodrigo. I'll be casting magick through you. Remember, you were created to fight against our enemies as well as look super fucking cool."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:02 am

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"That is true enough."
Coawa said.
"And I know no one have called me dumb, but I know that I am not used to this world on land, I walk on two leg for my brother's sake but my home is the ocean, the world of humans are alien to me."
The wershark commented a bit longingly for his deep sea home.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, that's understandable; humans are very weird people, so complex and full of strange notions and ideas... and that's even before you add magic to the mixture."

[Labyrinth, 2.00]
Anja wrote:"Shit and they have been sitting in a cell waiting to be...for two months...ok I guess I am not sleeping tonight."
Amber Rose muttered and she shuddered.
"Not that it will be much night left when we are done here."
He shook his head, "No, the ones from tonight... Kallan and the summoner... At least Kira is safe."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes Defiler of Rats who decided to defile the Labyrinth wall and paid the price, I can not decide if it is a bad way to die, but it is certinly a humiliating one."
Anna commented with a shrug.
"At least he learned not to stick parts of himself into things before checking...well the eyes might attack but there is a mouth over there in the other corridor."
The girl said and she pointed to the other door she had examined.
S7trif3 wrote:"Eyeballs?" he said with a frown, then scowled. "Please watch my back...not that you haven't been but..."
Anja wrote:"Yeah there are some eyeballs and a mouth out in the corridor Sir."
Anna informed Adley.
Nicole wrote:'Hah... you do what you want. Sometimes wondered if my name as a kid was actually "hey you!".' she quipped, thinking about the options. 'You got any ideas on how to blind the eye without actually damaging it?' recalling mention that such things were sort of "alive" and therefore poking organs might not be appreciated.
Anja wrote:"Well hey you is better than what the Nephandi called me Miss Bouchard."
Anna said with a chuckle.
"Though I guess the Dragon's Tounge have it's charms...well anyway, without harming the eyes, I am not sure they are eyes so putting some in front of them should blind them but really we are going to see allot like them likely."
Anna said.
"Well I could probably grow some shrubbery in front of the eyes but I think we are already seen."
Amber Rose chimed in.
He pondered for a moment, "The eyes are organic, however disturbing that may be... one should be able to expect some normal tissue responses. Pepper spray might have very interesting effects... though I should warn you, directly provoking the Labyrinth Keeper tends to be painful. Just... trust me on that..."
He frowned and rubbed a hand down his chest, sending a brief apologetic thought to Cotta, "The whole structure is clad in a fairly coherent, horrid and hungry biomass."

S7trif3 wrote:He turned his attention back and fully to the stone now, placing his hand more fully on the stone. "O Akrogoniaíos líthos, the precise angle, you define the parameters of your structure and set all to you with straightness and accuracy, and uphold all above you, and hold back all below you, you are of the Foundation and rock, whose home is the place between the heavens and the earth. Where once you heard earnest prayers to the Protectress for families heard, and so you shall be again reset in this season to a like purpose. Like the cornerstone of those families in the times of the Olympians, you are to the ithósfaira, eternal, and will be reset anew in line with your Being. We take you with us, and so will be given direction in this place as you give direction to buildings. And so we Name you to your purpose..."

Here he seemed to stop talking altogether, his fingers moving in common hand sigils to imbue the spirit with a little of the vis he'd been entrusted with using for the act, and these words he spoke aloud after a moment of pure intentional silence. But as he thought of the name "Akrogoniaíos Eolitha" cornerstone of the Dawn, standing at the corner in the north east between dark and light. He filled his mind not with the horrible images around them but with the soft calls of dawn in all the ways he'd experienced it, birdsongs and warmth, winter sharpness, spring rain, and the dappled colors of autumn, and how every day even on his draggiest he was pulled awake at dawn and opened his eyes to a new day, where he could be with his family and friends again, hope and the chance for something new, to further the course of his life, the reawakening of reality on the mundane plane. So many did mattins, morning prayers, in all religions, whispering as the fingers of light crept across their consciousness. "As you should be, and will be and are, may this Name bring you satisfaction and purpose."
Anja wrote:There was a moment's pause then there was a scraping sounds as the waiting spears of marble wanished, draw back into the walls, after another pause the spirit spoke again.
"I thank you...I am the corner stone, the building revolve around me, I protect those who protect their families, I am the cornerstone of the dawn, as dawn comes it brings with it new hope a new chance to be with one's family and I protect that...thank you being with what I can not touch inside. I no longer need attack you or your friends, and I will help you if I can and if it is within my porpose."
The spirit's voice was differet now, it sounded like feet on a stone floor and the laugther of children.
"That is a good name...I know who I am now."
The Umbrood said joyfully.
He nodded thoughtfully, muttering softly, "That's a good name... reminds me of the cold laboratory floor where I first saw, well... hm, good times, at any rate. Ask if it is strong enough to hold the Labyrinth's layout fixed while we're fighting, to prevent rearrangements while we're moving?"

((OOC: Oh, there's no such thing as too ignorant to be bigoted, it's just a matter of a very different choice of things to be bigoted about. From earlier comments, Nicole would definitely count as bigoted toward Mystics. But toward Anna's present state of the Avatar, probably not so much, no. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next