Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:26 pm

[Labyrinth 'foyer' 2]

With an incoherent grunt of surprise, he nearly walked right into a spike as it came at him; sheild or no, instinct dictated he get the hell out of the way and not be blocked into the door or a corner. Seeing the whole room alive, he realized that maybe they'd just literally walked into a bonded spirit, tied to the Labyrinth itself...screaming and spikes everywhere rather took his attention from Colin for the moment as he tried not to be impaled straight out.

// Athletics2+Dex3=5,2,6,0,7

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:21 am

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Well tastes vary."
Tilly said with a scoff.
Colin sighed, "More like personal conflicts vary..."

Anja wrote:"Mars willing indeed."
Axel said.
"I am not much of a religious person myself but I guess Mars is as good a Deity to pray to before going into war as any."
He shrugged, "I just spoke with him earlier tonight; he's not one much for prayers and incense burning and the like; well-aimed strikes and gunshots are more to his liking... which suits me just fine this night."

[Labyrinth, 2.00]
Anja wrote:The spikes seamed to come from the walls itself, and from every direction.
"It is a spirit...the walls, the marble walls and the spikes it is a spirit?"
Tilly yelled his eyes on his phone and Jon's app before Coawa had to drag him to the side to avoid the young mage getting impaled on another stone spike.
Nicole wrote:'Find it's eyes, sensors or whatever!' Nicole will bark out, now looking for anything which could be a sensory organ or device while continuing to move, also trying to see if there was any pattern behind the spikes.
Anja wrote:All you saw was the smooth surface of the marble walls and roof turning liquid and then shooting towards a target, well yes there was a pattern the spirit clearly law targets and aimed for them.
"It is a spirit it might nto ahve eyes or anything similar i might sense simply by magic."
Tilly said as he jumped away from another attack. A plant suddenly curst out of the floor and started slapping at the spikes trying to give the mages some respite.
"We have to take it down!"
Jeffry declared as he let loose a blast of fire at the wall, careful to avoid hitting Amadeus' plant friend int he process but the fire did nto seam to do much.
Nicole wrote:'It is sensing us somehow!' Nicole replied, continuing to look for something, anything which was a sensor somehow. Floor, ceiling, walls - even wondering for a moment whether it was using sound to locate. An on/off switch perhaps? Plus, seeing if there was any exit to which they can simply exit the place...
Anja wrote:"Well it is a spirit it can ahve any number of ways it sense."
Amadeus replied, already he was busy drawing new designs in blood on his own skin.

As noted before there was three doors in the walls, so it was possible to leave through any of those assuming they where nto locked. Seaming to notice what you where thinking Crexia called out.
"I will begin a banishing but Miss Bouchard please check if we can leave through any of those doors, Miss Wainwright assist her please and check for any wards or traps."
The Tytalus ordered as she begun to chant in Latin and move her hands in elegant motions, powers growing around her as she worked.

Anna begun to move towards one of the doors she did her own hand gestures, different from the ones Crexia used and still similar as she spoke in greek.
"The door is not warded Miss Bocuhard."
The girl said then she yelped as she jumped to the side as one of the stone spears vrached into the door right where she had stood a moment earlier.
"This thing is not happy!"
The girl anounded.
"I will check the other door as well, if anyone can cover me long enough to give me a chance to work."
The girl said as she had to jump out of the way again and she was clearly nto used to this much jumping around and physical excertion.
Anja wrote:You could not really see into the portal and on the inside all you saw was the marble room and three doors and then you had to dive to the side as a stone spike tried to impale you, your fellow mages seamed to have the same problems and you caught Tilly's shoults of it being a spirit.
S7trif3 wrote:With an incoherent grunt of surprise, he nearly walked right into a spike as it came at him; sheild or no, instinct dictated he get the hell out of the way and not be blocked into the door or a corner. Seeing the whole room alive, he realized that maybe they'd just literally walked into a bonded spirit, tied to the Labyrinth itself...screaming and spikes everywhere rather took his attention from Colin for the moment as he tried not to be impaled straight out.
He frowned as Anna was straining herself more than he liked - he quickly holstered his gun again and started using the axe to help parry anything coming at Adley, "Amicus! Try offering it a new Name! Use the ring if you need to."

((OOC: Dex+Athletics roll - 1,3,3,5,7,7 - though I'm guessing Colin's not specifically targeted, so he'll have an easier time avoiding the attacks, perhaps?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:11 am

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"Sally's is a coffee shop near Talana. It is just a one single shop, not a franchise I like their coffee and also I prefer to support local buessinesses over big franchises and yes you do describe their cups perfectly...but how?"
Helena asked she sounded half supicious half curious.

"I...don't....know?" Serge said looking quite confused. "I'm not using any magick right now. And last I checked I don't have any cool magickal quirks like you or the Chief or Mr. Wainwright. I shouldn't be able see what your imagining."

Anja wrote:"If it have no tactical applications Mr Yager then i have no need of my immagination."
Helena said firmly.
"I left behind flights of fancy in my girlhood.
"If only you see what you create with your immagination what use is it then?"

"Haha. Imagination isn't something you can just throw away. It's always with you." Serge said with a chuckle. "Besides, the crux of my magick involves sharing with others the things I create with my imagination. So that others can see the world as I do. Perhaps imagination is more important to me than the average person. I've relied on it my whole life after all."

Anja wrote:"Very well you do that Mr Yager and I will do my own examinations of the regular wards mr Yager."
The Flambeau said as she closed her eyes and begun to make complicated hand sigils while chanting.

Serge walked over to the center of the roof. There, etched upon the ground and shielded with material science and magick, was the wide smiling face of the ever popular Joker.

As Serge looked at the picture he had drawn so long ago, he started to chuckle. "Hahahaha. The most Nephandic character in comic book history. And your guarding a Tradition's Chantry. How's that for a joke Joker?"

He knelt down and placed a hand on the picture, meditating and focusing his mind so that he could feel the magick embedded within it and feel the arcane connection this first drawing had to all of the others.

"But then again. Who better to trick villains than the most famous villain himself. The clown prince of crime. C'mon Jokey. Let me hear that famous laugh of yours. Let me know your still there..."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:34 am

[Villa 2]

Colin sighed, "More like personal conflicts vary..."

"I guess you can be right about that Mr Wainwright."

Tilly agreed though he still looked doubtful.

He shrugged, "I just spoke with him earlier tonight; he's not one much for prayers and incense burning and the like; well-aimed strikes and gunshots are more to his liking... which suits me just fine this night."

"Is he an Incarna then? Well giving a spirit precise strikes and well placed bullets, that I can do."
Axel muttered.
"But I have to admit, spirits are creepy to me, I just can not seam to weap my head around them."

[Labyrinth 'foyer' 2]

With an incoherent grunt of surprise, he nearly walked right into a spike as it came at him; sheild or no, instinct dictated he get the hell out of the way and not be blocked into the door or a corner. Seeing the whole room alive, he realized that maybe they'd just literally walked into a bonded spirit, tied to the Labyrinth itself...screaming and spikes everywhere rather took his attention from Colin for the moment as he tried not to be impaled straight out.

Henrietta grunted as a spike caught her in the leg, somewhere else one of the guests, Gray screamed, there was utter chaos. Coawa was hit several times as he stood protecting Anna, he grunted in pain but he was not slowed down much, everywhere there was screams, shouts and mages trying to avoid the deadly shotting spikes.

He frowned as Anna was straining herself more than he liked - he quickly holstered his gun again and started using the axe to help parry anything coming at Adley, "Amicus! Try offering it a new Name! Use the ring if you need to."

None of the spikes targeted you, so you managed to use the axe to cut off a few spikes that went for Adley, this made the spirit scream in pain, though it was right back to screaming.
"I have no name...I have no name!"

[Steelhaven at 2]

I...don't....know?" Serge said looking quite confused. "I'm not using any magick right now. And last I checked I don't have any cool magickal quirks like you or the Chief or Mr. Wainwright. I shouldn't be able see what your imagining."

"Everything is at the base of it magick Mr Yager, that is why effects manifested from persona Resonance come into being, you you are a mage and you are very immaginative it makes sense you would see imagined things to me."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Haha. Imagination isn't something you can just throw away. It's always with you." Serge said with a chuckle. "Besides, the crux of my magick involves sharing with others the things I create with my imagination. So that others can see the world as I do. Perhaps imagination is more important to me than the average person. I've relied on it my whole life after all."

"I am nto throwing it away Mr Yager, off course it is part of my mind, and I even use it to vizualize during rituals, and off course I also dream and daydream, but I do not put much stock in it unless I spesifically use it as a tool with for example vizualization."
The Hermetic replied.

Serge walked over to the center of the roof. There, etched upon the ground and shielded with material science and magick, was the wide smiling face of the ever popular Joker.

As Serge looked at the picture he had drawn so long ago, he started to chuckle. "Hahahaha. The most Nephandic character in comic book history. And your guarding a Tradition's Chantry. How's that for a joke Joker?"

"Not a Nephandi kid, more of a Marauder, if the world never was there would neither be power of luagths."
You head the drawing speak.
"And you are all Marauders in waiting so it is a fine enough place for me, i can just watch you all solowly go mad, but I do not serve the Wyrm, remember that, but the wild, insane change of the Wyld."
The image corrected.

He knelt down and placed a hand on the picture, meditating and focusing his mind so that he could feel the magick embedded within it and feel the arcane connection this first drawing had to all of the others.

"But then again. Who better to trick villains than the most famous villain himself. The clown prince of crime. C'mon Jokey. Let me hear that famous laugh of yours. Let me know your still there..."

You heard an insane luagh in your mind as you checked on the ward.
"Oh we are all here, protecting the Chantry, but there might be a little snot who are made of the same stuff as us that have been sneaking past, how is that for luagh's sonny?"
The Joker replied to you with another chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:21 am

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'Then block it!' the Etherite will snarl, already moving towards one of the doors.

Anja's Post:

'No time!' Nicole will bark, moving to the door. 'Open the door and follow.' readying her weapon, as though expecting resistance behind it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:48 am

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

Hearing Grey yelling and Henrietta struck, both so close by him was troubling considering how heavily shielded they were they should have at least taken a first assault. He went to grasp the ring that Colin offered with his free hand. "I will try..." He didn't say that 'this is going to be a lot harder' but it was very likely it was going to be harder. He tried to give himself a bit of space, so if the angry spirit tried to wallop him there would be less collateral and more room to maneuver. He raised his voice, purposefully, directing attention at the spirit though he wasn't sure 'where it was' - maybe it was all around them and discrete thinking might not be applicable as such, or they were in it's mouth and that was an unfriendly thought.

'O Spirit that has had it's Name taken, we do not wish to fight you! What is your true purpose? May we find you a suitable Name?... Please, can you stop attacking us?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

'Then block it!' the Etherite will snarl, already moving towards one of the doors.

"Silly me, I was just making a magical plant to weave around it's braches for no reason I will try to have ti block the angry spirit's attacks next time!"
Amadeus grunted as he continued his spell casting and Coawa helped cover Nicole and Anna as they moved towards one of the doors.

'No time!' Nicole will bark, moving to the door. 'Open the door and follow.' readying her weapon, as though expecting resistance behind it.

You opened the door Anna had cleared, beyond was a short corridor, the walls was made of pink, rotted flesh, two eyeballs turned to look at you when the door opened and a mouth full of sharp teeth opened, the floor was paved in white stones though so you did nto have to step on the flesh...yet.
"What is beyond?"
Coawa asked as he stepped out of the way of another stone spike and then pushed someone so they would not be hit by another.

Hearing Grey yelling and Henrietta struck, both so close by him was troubling considering how heavily shielded they were they should have at least taken a first assault. He went to grasp the ring that Colin offered with his free hand. "I will try..." He didn't say that 'this is going to be a lot harder' but it was very likely it was going to be harder. He tried to give himself a bit of space, so if the angry spirit tried to wallop him there would be less collateral and more room to maneuver. He raised his voice, purposefully, directing attention at the spirit though he wasn't sure 'where it was' - maybe it was all around them and discrete thinking might not be applicable as such, or they were in it's mouth and that was an unfriendly thought.

'O Spirit that has had it's Name taken, we do not wish to fight you! What is your true purpose? May we find you a suitable Name?... Please, can you stop attacking us?"

For a m oment the spirit just kept shooting out stone spikes, but then it seamed to hear what Adley was saying and it slowed down it's attacks, which seame dto go right through magickal shields, for a moment giving the group of mages a chance to breathe.
"I...don't remember...all was...taken from me...I was...the foundation...of a temple...I think, I watched incarnate beings pray to their Gods, I watched them grow and live and change but I never changed I...was a stone, perfect, the corner stoen of a magnificent temple and in that I served my lord and I was content...now I am nameless...I am nothing I have no name!"
The spirit wept, several spikes was aimed at Adley but it had stopped it's relentless offensive, if just for a moment. Crexia gave Adley a look, at the very least the slowing of attacks would give her a chance to complete her banishing ritual.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:45 am

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

He felt Crexia's eyes on him and gave her a slight nod of his head. All of a sudden he felt dry as a bone. "The cornerstone and foundation are important," he agreed, dredging around in his mind what he knew about them..."I have a stone here in my pocket, nothing as grand as that. But I have met beings that were of stone before...maybe we can help...find you a suitable Name..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 am

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Is he an Incarna then? Well giving a spirit precise strikes and well placed bullets, that I can do."
Axel muttered.
"But I have to admit, spirits are creepy to me, I just can not seam to weap my head around them."
Colin smiled thinly, "He's a Celestial God, and the General of Generals - spirits are people, to some extent; I can't not see them... most of them just want to be left alone to do their work."

[Labyrinth 'foyer' 2]
Anja wrote:None of the spikes targeted you, so you managed to use the axe to cut off a few spikes that went for Adley, this made the spirit scream in pain, though it was right back to screaming.
"I have no name...I have no name!"
S7trif3 wrote:Hearing Grey yelling and Henrietta struck, both so close by him was troubling considering how heavily shielded they were they should have at least taken a first assault. He went to grasp the ring that Colin offered with his free hand. "I will try..." He didn't say that 'this is going to be a lot harder' but it was very likely it was going to be harder. He tried to give himself a bit of space, so if the angry spirit tried to wallop him there would be less collateral and more room to maneuver. He raised his voice, purposefully, directing attention at the spirit though he wasn't sure 'where it was' - maybe it was all around them and discrete thinking might not be applicable as such, or they were in it's mouth and that was an unfriendly thought.

Anja wrote:For a m oment the spirit just kept shooting out stone spikes, but then it seamed to hear what Adley was saying and it slowed down it's attacks, which seame dto go right through magickal shields, for a moment giving the group of mages a chance to breathe.
"I...don't remember...all was...taken from me...I was...the foundation...of a temple...I think, I watched incarnate beings pray to their Gods, I watched them grow and live and change but I never changed I...was a stone, perfect, the corner stoen of a magnificent temple and in that I served my lord and I was content...now I am nameless...I am nothing I have no name!"
The spirit wept, several spikes was aimed at Adley but it had stopped it's relentless offensive, if just for a moment. Crexia gave Adley a look, at the very least the slowing of attacks would give her a chance to complete her banishing ritual.
Anja wrote:He felt Crexia's eyes on him and gave her a slight nod of his head. All of a sudden he felt dry as a bone. "The cornerstone and foundation are important," he agreed, dredging around in his mind what he knew about them..."I have a stone here in my pocket, nothing as grand as that. But I have met beings that were of stone before...maybe we can help...find you a suitable Name..."
He nodded thoughtfully to Adley, "Good, good... Perhaps the villa? The supports, the well... maybe that would be a good new home for it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:39 am

[Villa 2]

Colin smiled thinly, "He's a Celestial God, and the General of Generals - spirits are people, to some extent; I can't not see them... most of them just want to be left alone to do their work."

"I thought Celestines was spirits as well."
Axel commented. Coawa who had overheard the conversation chimed in.
"They are but they are like those big glass structures with a hundres floors I see on TV compared to a ltitle girl's doll house when you compare them to the spirit of a field or a sea sprite and so on."
The Rokea explained and Axel nodded but he still looked rather confused.

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

He felt Crexia's eyes on him and gave her a slight nod of his head. All of a sudden he felt dry as a bone. "The cornerstone and foundation are important," he agreed, dredging around in his mind what he knew about them..."I have a stone here in my pocket, nothing as grand as that. But I have met beings that were of stone before...maybe we can help...find you a suitable Name..."

"I would...like a name, I would like a purpose...I guard the entrance to the Labyrinth, I impale invaders but that is not my purpose...I have no name."
The spirit replied, right now it only answered to direct attacks by sending out a spike towards the offender.

He nodded thoughtfully to Adley, "Good, good... Perhaps the villa? The supports, the well... maybe that would be a good new home for it?"

"It will need a name before it can get a home I just hope that the spirit will nto get more powerful if it get one."
Amaber Rose said, she had used the lull in the fight to kneel down next to Gray to fix the Hollower's impaled leg and she was busy carving runes ino the palm of her pale hand that she then held over the wounded man's leg, knitting flesh back together.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:51 am

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"I thought Celestines was spirits as well."
Axel commented. Coawa who had overheard the conversation chimed in.
"They are but they are like those big glass structures with a hundres floors I see on TV compared to a ltitle girl's doll house when you compare them to the spirit of a field or a sea sprite and so on."
The Rokea explained and Axel nodded but he still looked rather confused.
Colin nodded, "Another comparison might be that a Celestine is akin to, say, St. Victoria's Blade, Admiral Hastings' flagship, while something like a small imp - a fire spirit - is akin to a dinghy. They're both made for travel, but one has a hell of a lot more power than the other."

[Labyrinth foyer 2]
Anja wrote:"It will need a name before it can get a home I just hope that the spirit will nto get more powerful if it get one."
Amaber Rose said, she had used the lull in the fight to kneel down next to Gray to fix the Hollower's impaled leg and she was busy carving runes ino the palm of her pale hand that she then held over the wounded man's leg, knitting flesh back together.
He shrugged, "From experience, how powerful it is, or becomes, matters a lot less than its disposition... A good Name could incline it toward being a peaceful, protective presence, a bad Name could make it an angry, aggressive, well... you see what it's like now. Neither we nor it wants that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:23 am

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded, "Another comparison might be that a Celestine is akin to, say, St. Victoria's Blade, Admiral Hastings' flagship, while something like a small imp - a fire spirit - is akin to a dinghy. They're both made for travel, but one has a hell of a lot more power than the other."

"Yeah I think I can get that anology."
Axel said with a smile.
"Are we talking about boats? I like boats they taste good."
Coawa said with a grin.
"But yeah the smaller ones are easier to eat than the bigger ones."

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

He shrugged, "From experience, how powerful it is, or becomes, matters a lot less than its disposition... A good Name could incline it toward being a peaceful, protective presence, a bad Name could make it an angry, aggressive, well... you see what it's like now. Neither we nor it wants that..."

"Well as long as it stops trying to impale us."
Amber Rose said.
"I wonder how much the Nephandi have corrupted it though."
She added.
"I do not think it is corrupted, just angry and confused. I am more worried about it cutting though our protections like a knife through butter, I mean either it is seriously powerful or we have something else to worry about."
Tilly anounced as he eyed the howering stone spears nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:36 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'I... have no fucking idea.' she replied, looking at the eyes and mouth for a moment. 'Think it's time for door two...' getting ready to move quickly to the next door.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:51 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anna nodded and glanced into the corridor.
"Sure thing Ma'am but they are likely all to be like that and look this corridor only have one mouth and not well other organs...well other than the eyes."
The young Orphan replied before she moved to door to and she begun to move her hands quickly in the same hand gestures as before.
"This door is safe as well, I suspect they think the guardian spirit here will be enough."
Anna said as she glanced back to the entry hall where the walls seamed to have calmed down as Adley spoke to the spirit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:36 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"Everything is at the base of it magick Mr Yager, that is why effects manifested from persona Resonance come into being, you you are a mage and you are very immaginative it makes sense you would see imagined things to me."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah but that's never happened to me before. Not without the use of actual spell casting. Why now?" Serge questioned. "At least. I don't think its happened to me before..."

Anja wrote:"Not a Nephandi kid, more of a Marauder, if the world never was there would neither be power of luagths."
You head the drawing speak.
"And you are all Marauders in waiting so it is a fine enough place for me, i can just watch you all solowly go mad, but I do not serve the Wyrm, remember that, but the wild, insane change of the Wyld."
The image corrected.

"Oh your right! That's infinitely  more fitting. Though technically your partially me so I'm gonna say that I thought of that this whole time." Serge said with a nod, silently mad at himself for missing such an obvious connection.

Anja wrote:You heard an insane luagh in your mind as you checked on the ward.
"Oh we are all here, protecting the Chantry, but there might be a little snot who are made of the same stuff as us that have been sneaking past, how is that for luagh's sonny?"
The Joker replied to you with another chuckle.

Serge chuckled as he heard the famous cackling laughter, only to frown when the imaginary villains words actually registered in his mind, "Wait...what the fuck! What do you mean? When? Where? Who?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:09 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

"Yeah but that's never happened to me before. Not without the use of actual spell casting. Why now?" Serge questioned. "At least. I don't think its happened to me before..."

"One day was the first time things got cold around me when I got angry as well."
Helena said.
"I mean I did nto come out of my mother's woum freezing the hospital room over, our abilities develop over time kid."

"Oh your right! That's infinitely more fitting. Though technically your partially me so I'm gonna say that I thought of that this whole time." Serge said with a nod, silently mad at himself for missing such an obvious connection.

"Well that is true kid, I am you and you are me, so perhaps that mean you are a bit closer to a Marauder than your friends would like to know about eh...not that it bother me much."
The Joker said with a chuckle.
"Yeah...well I think it is a great thing actually."

Serge chuckled as he heard the famous cackling laughter, only to frown when the imaginary villains words actually registered in his mind, "Wait...what the fuck! What do you mean? When? Where? Who?"

"I don't know it just happened that is all I know, a bright spot of immagination slipping past, there and not there, a sneaky bastard indeed."
The ward spoke to you chuckeling at the whole thing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:31 pm

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Uh...think that's kind of already spoken for? Sort of..." He didn't want to explain that if the Guardians weren't compatible then the one that had been the door guard, what was left of him now stuck inside his avatar, might take offense at being replaced.

"I would...like a name, I would like a purpose...I guard the entrance to the Labyrinth, I impale invaders but that is not my purpose...I have no name."
The spirit replied, right now it only answered to direct attacks by sending out a spike towards the offender.

"Don't attack unless to defend...it's attacking us now when we take direct action, at least for now..." he said, then shuffled a bit, still not wanting to be completely stationary.

He addressed the spirit again, [i]"Tell me further of your purpose, and your temple so we may find you a Name. Is it permissible for you allow safe passage through this area, and seek no harm to us and our allies?"

// I'd feel bad for Helena's mother if she did lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:24 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I think I can get that anology."
Axel said with a smile.
"Are we talking about boats? I like boats they taste good."
Coawa said with a grin.
"But yeah the smaller ones are easier to eat than the bigger ones."
Colin chuckled, "I don't think you'd want to try to eat the Admiral's flagship, she's a lot bigger than you are, and her hull is plated with a metal that would break your teeth... possibly so badly they wouldn't grow back in a long while."

[Labyrinth foyer 2]
Anja wrote:"Well as long as it stops trying to impale us."
Amber Rose said.
"I wonder how much the Nephandi have corrupted it though."
She added.
"I do not think it is corrupted, just angry and confused. I am more worried about it cutting though our protections like a knife through butter, I mean either it is seriously powerful or we have something else to worry about."
Tilly anounced as he eyed the howering stone spears nervously.
He nodded, "I concur, its name is stolen; it's tormented and lashing out, but not malicious... and yes, I should say it's reasonably powerful within its specific portfolio, being the floor... I'm guessing our protections are mostly fine, but the slow blade gets through what the swift bullet does not."

Anja wrote:"Uh...think that's kind of already spoken for? Sort of..." He didn't want to explain that if the Guardians weren't compatible then the one that had been the door guard, what was left of him now stuck inside his avatar, might take offense at being replaced.
He nodded, lowering his voice, "Ah... you think the kid will want his old job back, once he's back on his feet... fair."

Anja wrote:"Don't attack unless to defend...it's attacking us now when we take direct action, at least for now..." he said, then shuffled a bit, still not wanting to be completely stationary.

He addressed the spirit again, "Tell me further of your purpose, and your temple so we may find you a Name. Is it permissible for you allow safe passage through this area, and seek no harm to us and our allies?"
He paused for a moment, then adjusted his glasses, quickly scanning the floor to see if the spirit was the [i]whole floor, or if the marble that was it was merely a smaller slab, one that could have been brought in by a single person lugging it...

((OOC: Arete roll for a reasonably simple Matter 1/Spirit 1 scan - to see if the marble floor is the whole floor naturally, or if it's actually just something like a square foot-sized slab that's been taken from the temple in question... 2,3,6. Well... I suppose one success is better than none. Razz ))

((OOC2: I dunno, Helena's mother might be protected, but the midwife would be a stranger, likely with a lot of, er, liquid on her hands; that would in any case have been a REALLY memorable birth... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:29 pm

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"One day was the first time things got cold around me when I got angry as well."
Helena said.
"I mean I did nto come out of my mother's woum freezing the hospital room over, our abilities develop over time kid."

"So this is my cool magickal quirk...." Serge said looking at his hands in awe, despite his hands having nothing to do with it. "That's awesome! Finally! Now I'm a real wizard!"

Anja wrote:"Well that is true kid, I am you and you are me, so perhaps that mean you are a bit closer to a Marauder than your friends would like to know about eh...not that it bother me much."
The Joker said with a chuckle.
"Yeah...well I think it is a great thing actually."

"You can keep wishing that. But its gonna take a lot more than that to bring me to the dark side." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"I don't know it just happened that is all I know, a bright spot of imagination slipping past, there and not there, a sneaky bastard indeed."
The ward spoke to you chuckling at the whole thing.

"Oh that's bad. That's reaaaally bad." Serge said in a worried voice, "All right thanks for telling me. You keep on keeping on. Remember to play a fun prank on anyone who tries to break through our wards all right?" he said quickly before rushing over to Helena's side.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:38 am

[Villa 2]

Colin chuckled, "I don't think you'd want to try to eat the Admiral's flagship, she's a lot bigger than you are, and her hull is plated with a metal that would break your teeth... possibly so badly they wouldn't grow back in a long while."

"That...do not sound good no...but what sort of metal would that be, I bite though most of it unless the plating is to thick."
Coawa replied looking a bit grumphy at the news there was a boat he could not eat.

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Don't attack unless to defend...it's attacking us now when we take direct action, at least for now..." he said, then shuffled a bit, still not wanting to be completely stationary.

He addressed the spirit again, [i]"Tell me further of your purpose, and your temple so we may find you a Name. Is it permissible for you allow safe passage through this area, and seek no harm to us and our allies?"

"Understood...everyone stop attacking the spirit unless it makes a move first!"
Jeffry ordered from where he had been shooting flashes of fire at the spirit a moment before, now he stopped and held.

The spirit was silent for a moment then it whispered.
"Oh it was beautiful, made of marble, and with decorated floors, there was the scent of isence in the air and the sound of feet walking on the stone."
It replied.
"No...not as I am in this Now, without a name I can only obey, in another Now when I had a name I was not agressive, I protected a temple, I was it's corner stone, I helped the pepole that came there to pray and talked of their prayers to the God I served."

He nodded, "I concur, its name is stolen; it's tormented and lashing out, but not malicious... and yes, I should say it's reasonably powerful within its specific portfolio, being the floor... I'm guessing our protections are mostly fine, but the slow blade gets through what the swift bullet does not."

"I don't know these spikes are pretty fast...but for now the aunslaught seam to have stopped."
Amber Rose said before she wearilly moved on to help the next person who was hurt.
"I have to hand it to the Fallen they have gotten themselves one effective door guard."

He paused for a moment, then adjusted his glasses, quickly scanning the floor to see if the spirit was the [i]whole floor, or if the marble that was it was merely a smaller slab, one that could have been brought in by a single person lugging it...

You looked at the floor and found that the symbol laid into the tiles had powerful magick in it, it both alerted someone that there where ehm...guests, but probably also told the guardian to attack. It was in the walls though that you found one marble stone, older than the rest of the walls, a hand shaped bit of marble, that was the main part of the spirit.

[Steelhaven at 2]

So this is my cool magickal quirk...." Serge said looking at his hands in awe, despite his hands having nothing to do with it. "That's awesome! Finally! Now I'm a real wizard!"

"It could be at at least."
Helena said with a slight chuckle at your enthusiasm.
"And you have been a real wizard for a long time kid...but let us keep to our task."
She said as she continued up the stairs.

"You can keep wishing that. But its gonna take a lot more than that to bring me to the dark side." Serge said with a chuckle.

"There is nothing dark in madness kid...unless the darkness was already there...the question is would your madness be dark?"
The Joker said with another bought of laugther.

"Oh that's bad. That's reaaaally bad." Serge said in a worried voice, "All right thanks for telling me. You keep on keeping on. Remember to play a fun prank on anyone who tries to break through our wards all right?" he said quickly before rushing over to Helena's side.

"Oh..bad now is it...I like that, I like that allot...well I will keep watch and you know I will play pranks, keep carrying on kid."
The ward said as you headed over to the war mage. Helena looked over at you.
"Did you find out anything Mr Yager?"
She asked.
"The rest of the wards seam to holding well."

(OOC: It would be a cold experience in either case. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 am

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'But might summon reinforcements...' she replied, readying her weapon as though expecting enemies to appear in the corridor.

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:38 am

[Steelhaven at 2]

Anja wrote:"It could be at at least."
Helena said with a slight chuckle at your enthusiasm.
"And you have been a real wizard for a long time kid...but let us keep to our task."
She said as she continued up the stairs.

"Right right. Of course." Serge said absentmindedly as he followed behind Heleana, distracted by trying to think of a cool sounding name for his new found quirk.

Anja wrote:"Oh..bad now is it...I like that, I like that allot...well I will keep watch and you know I will play pranks, keep carrying on kid."
The ward said as you headed over to the war mage. Helena looked over at you.
"Did you find out anything Mr Yager?"
She asked.
"The rest of the wards seam to holding well."

"My wards holding up well but we still have a big problem." Serge said quickly, "According to the imaginary figures holding up my ward, something managed to sneak past it. Something made up of the same stuff as the ward. He described it as a bright spot of imagination managing to sneak by."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 am

[Labyrinth foyer 2]

"Ah... you think the kid will want his old job back, once he's back on his feet... fair."

"It seems rude not to consider it one way or the other," he said.

"Oh it was beautiful, made of marble, and with decorated floors, there was the scent of isence in the air and the sound of feet walking on the stone."
It replied.
"No...not as I am in this Now, without a name I can only obey, in another Now when I had a name I was not agressive, I protected a temple, I was it's corner stone, I helped the pepole that came there to pray and talked of their prayers to the God I served."

He caught his breath and tried to see what was going on, then the spirit spoke again gathering his attention back. [i]"Very well..." He paced a moment and thought out loud. "Do you remember what god it was that you served? What their aspect or domain? Such could help us, there are many," he asked. [i]" Do these words sound familiar to you?[i] Primarii Lapidis? Akrogóniaios?" As Colin cast some spells, he continued to speak, at least to give him and Crexia changes to build spells just in case and also to try to not get them painted into a corner in a deal what wouldn't satisfy either of them. "I know some places and people recognized setting that first stone as especially important..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:49 am

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

'But might summon reinforcements...' she replied, readying her weapon as though expecting enemies to appear in the corridor.

"They probably already have, those eyes do see, the Keeper of the Labyrinth knows we are here Ma'am."
Anna said.
"Well this other door you wanted me to check are clear do you want me to open the door or hold back?"

He caught his breath and tried to see what was going on, then the spirit spoke again gathering his attention back. [i]"Very well..." He paced a moment and thought out loud. "Do you remember what god it was that you served? What their aspect or domain? Such could help us, there are many," he asked.

"Family, marriage...women would come and pray for good husband, or for revenge upon husbands who strayed, families came to ask for blessings upon their home."
The spirit replied it's voice sounded like stone scraping together.

he asked. [i]" Do these words sound familiar to you?[i] Primarii Lapidis? Akrogóniaios?"

"I know all words and none of them, but Akrogóniaios is in the language I heard the incarnate beings who came to worship my Mistress speak. I miss my purpose, I was the temple, I was a place of hope, of family, a place of hope for the feamily, of stability...now I am nothing."
The Umbrood lamented.

As Colin cast some spells, he continued to speak, at least to give him and Crexia changes to build spells just in case and also to try to not get them painted into a corner in a deal what wouldn't satisfy either of them. "I know some places and people recognized setting that first stone as especially important..."

I was the first stone, but the custom of the first stone was not the best developed when I was built, even so I am the direction of the temple, the first stone in the house of my Mistress, the first stone in all houses as she is rules of the family, the home, marriage, I had a purpose then."
The spirit replied.
"And even when the now changed and I was forgotten, and then the ones who walked in me was no longer worshippers but those who look to the past, I was still the first stone of the temple, the core of the house, but then I was stolen, and my name was taken from me. Once I served Hera Queen of the Gods, and now I am nothing."

[Steelhaven at 2]

"Right right. Of course." Serge said absentmindedly as he followed behind Heleana, distracted by trying to think of a cool sounding name for his new found quirk.

Helena did not comment further she just headed up to the roof.

My wards holding up well but we still have a big problem." Serge said quickly, "According to the imaginary figures holding up my ward, something managed to sneak past it. Something made up of the same stuff as the ward. He described it as a bright spot of imagination managing to sneak by."

"More immaginary enemies...shit well that is not good."
The Flambeau said and she frowned.
"Do you know of any ways to track whatever have gotten through, and do you think it is the ltitle girl you saw before?"
The war mage asked.
"We need to get whatever it is out of Steelhaven!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:20 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"That...do not sound good no...but what sort of metal would that be, I bite though most of it unless the plating is to thick."
Coawa replied looking a bit grumphy at the news there was a boat he could not eat.
Colin grinned, "It's called Primium... I have a few pieces of it at home; I could show you... but you're not going to like it."

[Labyrinth foyer 2]
Anja wrote:"I don't know these spikes are pretty fast...but for now the aunslaught seam to have stopped."
Amber Rose said before she wearilly moved on to help the next person who was hurt.
"I have to hand it to the Fallen they have gotten themselves one effective door guard."
He nodded, "Not the worst I've met, but certainly no slacker... You don't want to know about the children in Chicago."

S7trif3 wrote:"It seems rude not to consider it one way or the other," he said.
He just nodded.

Anja wrote:"Understood...everyone stop attacking the spirit unless it makes a move first!"
Jeffry ordered from where he had been shooting flashes of fire at the spirit a moment before, now he stopped and held.

The spirit was silent for a moment then it whispered.
It replied.
S7trif3 wrote:He caught his breath and tried to see what was going on, then the spirit spoke again gathering his attention back. [i]"Very well..." He paced a moment and thought out loud. "Do you remember what god it was that you served? What their aspect or domain? Such could help us, there are many," he asked. [i]" Do these words sound familiar to you?[i] Primarii Lapidis? Akrogóniaios?" As Colin cast some spells, he continued to speak, at least to give him and Crexia changes to build spells just in case and also to try to not get them painted into a corner in a deal what wouldn't satisfy either of them. "I know some places and people recognized setting that first stone as especially important..."
Anja wrote:"Family, marriage...women would come and pray for good husband, or for revenge upon husbands who strayed, families came to ask for blessings upon their home."
The spirit replied it's voice sounded like stone scraping together.
Anja wrote:"I know all words and none of them, but Akrogóniaios is in the language I heard the incarnate beings who came to worship my Mistress speak. I miss my purpose, I was the temple, I was a place of hope, of family, a place of hope for the feamily, of stability...now I am nothing."
The Umbrood lamented.
Anja wrote:I was the first stone, but the custom of the first stone was not the best developed when I was built, even so I am the direction of the temple, the first stone in the house of my Mistress, the first stone in all houses as she is rules of the family, the home, marriage, I had a purpose then."
The spirit replied.
"And even when the now changed and I was forgotten, and then the ones who walked in me was no longer worshippers but those who look to the past, I was still the first stone of the temple, the core of the house, but then I was stolen, and my name was taken from me. Once I served Hera Queen of the Gods, and now I am nothing."
He frowned, pondering this, contemplating the possible connotations... but this was Adley's moment, and he probably knew more about the Greeks than Colin did, anyway.

Anja wrote:You looked at the floor and found that the symbol laid into the tiles had powerful magick in it, it both alerted someone that there where ehm...guests, but probably also told the guardian to attack. It was in the walls though that you found one marble stone, older than the rest of the walls, a hand shaped bit of marble, that was the main part of the spirit.
He frowned, then nodded to Crexia and Jeffry, pointing at the spot in the wall, "The symbols on the floor, they're strong ones, looks like intruder alerts, and an attack command for the poor guardian... and the spirit's stone is right here, far from its rightful place as a cornerstone. I could try to pull it free, it's a lovely, ancient, handworked piece of marble, but that might upset the spirit... it should definitely be moved, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next