Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:35 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3]

If Nicole lived long enough to consider it, she'd grant the woman credit on attempting to rush her while distracted by the green ball. Managed to dodge just in time, popped out the claws on her free hand and turned to engage; pistol or blade, depending on proximity.

The woman was so close you could feel the heat of her body, she had tried to bum rush you after all and just barely missed, she stood a bit at an odd angle though as it had taken her a step or two to stop her mad rush. You could not help but think Jon would have liked her if she had not been a Nephandus for the woman was large, allmost as large as you and fit with muscles showing under her shirt. Her hair was shoulder length and worn in a simple ponytail, her face was pretty but not overly so, she had no make up on and seamed to be more concerned with having a strong body than a pretty face, she had scars as well, a long one down one arm and one that ran down her cheeks, she was no stranger to combat.
"You are a quick bitch."
The woman grunted as she tried to turn so she could try to get a hold of Nicole again and bring her to the floor. The large woman seamed to be enjoying herself in the middle of a fight.

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]

Colin nodded, then chuckled, "Well, now, wouldn't you like a sniff at my little patent? Suffice to say I let the magic do its own work... my Cabalmate is right, the cells are more urgent."

"I can lead the way there, the problem is we have to go through the Komu's lair to get there, our werspider, she can be a formidable foe like all shapechangers if we have to face her head on."
The Keeper said then she smiled.
"You can not blame a girl for being curious, yes your ehm...patent sounds fascinating, I might be Fallen and bound to a lump of rotten flesh that somehow still live but I am still a mage, new magick intrigues me. I do not expect you to share it with me."

He pondered, "Hum, are they by any chance located so that a sudden... pitfall might drop people into the cells? And are the guards there at the moment?"

"Not as such but space can be manipulated if you want someone dropped into the cells that could potentially be arranged. Yes there are four of our pawns, our more powerful pawns there right now, lead by a woman named Grace Tannith who can kill with but a single touch, a most extraordinary gift. There is also a pain spirit there."
The Keeper replied.

[Steelhaven 3]

"Yep. That's the one." Serge said, hiding away his excitement at the fact that his spell had seemingly worked. "The spell I cast makes it so they keep doing a loop around the block while they think there heading back to whatever place they want to go too. So they'll probably just drive past us. I can end or modify the spell to make them stop. Or you can intercept them some other way, like messing with the car."

"We are going to have to see about stopping that car then."
Cita replied.
"And that is a practical working Mr Yager."
She added.
"And no keep your spell going in case we miss them I think Miss Mar is working to stop their car though."
The Virtual Adept said and she nodded towards Helena who was chanting and making had sigils and then the car you had spelled simply stopped, the engine giving out.
"Well then let us get them."
Cita said and she headed in that direction.
"Stay behind me and be careful Mr Yager."
Cita said as she pulled her gun and joined Helena and Hildegard to greet the Chantry's new guests.

(OOC: I am terrible at doing nothing I get bored really easily.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:47 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"We are going to have to see about stopping that car then."
Cita replied.
"And that is a practical working Mr Yager."
She added.
"And no keep your spell going in case we miss them I think Miss Mar is working to stop their car though."
The Virtual Adept said and she nodded towards Helena who was chanting and making had sigils and then the car you had spelled simply stopped, the engine giving out.
"Well then let us get them."
Cita said and she headed in that direction.
"Stay behind me and be careful Mr Yager."
Cita said as she pulled her gun and joined Helena and Hildegard to greet the Chantry's new guests.

"Moment of truth. Technocracy, Fallen, Tradition or other." Serge said, following Cita's instructions and staying behind the Virtual Adept.

He kept a close watch, ready to cast a spell in case it was necessary. Though he was more interested in who the mysterious people were rather than fighting them.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:52 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Helena was pointing her gun in the window at the three people in the car.
"Hello...I hear you have been spying on the place, who are you?"
She asked and the man with the device looked a bit nervous.
"No...ehm...you are mistaken."
"One of my associates saw you pointing a device at...well let us drop the pretenses, at the Chantry."
"Oh...well ehm...yeah..."
"So who are you and what do you want?"
Helena asked sternly. The young man with the device looked uncomfortable.
"Listen lady I have nothing to say to you...are you going to shoot me here right in the street?"
He asked.
"I assume there are some spell on us that made us come back here we will have to take care of that, so let us just go our separate ways, no one want any trouble."
The young man said.
"Besides I have two friends as well."
He added and he glanced at Hildegard and Cita and then at Serge.
"I am afraid no...we can not let you go."
Helena replied.
"Get out of the car!"
"No fuck that, if you want a fight let us have it here right in the open!"
You noticed that the negotiations was falling apart fast and the three men in the car seamed unwilling to cooperate and more than willing to fight the mages of Steelhaven.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:07 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'It's been noted.' Nicole quipped, attempting to perform a raking slash with her claw while on the rebound of her dodge. Judging it to be one of the very few advantages she had against this enemy. If only if she could have a moment so she could try to shoot the woman...

[I know how to stop the forum eating half the timestamp - wanna know?]

[When I say 'nothing', I don't mean literally sitting there doing nothing; more the fact you didn't spend your day rushing from task to task and feel even a five-minute break was 'wasting time'. Even a day 'pottering about at home' can be surprisingly 'productive' for you end up sorting several of those trivial tasks which you're always 'too busy' to do (like, say making good a small repair). I don't know about Norway, but Anglo society has people who will work you into an early grave, and they're not always bosses.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Helena was pointing her gun in the window at the three people in the car.
"Hello...I hear you have been spying on the place, who are you?"
She asked and the man with the device looked a bit nervous.
"No...ehm...you are mistaken."
"One of my associates saw you pointing a device at...well let us drop the pretenses, at the Chantry."
"Oh...well ehm...yeah..."
"So who are you and what do you want?"
Helena asked sternly. The young man with the device looked uncomfortable.
"Listen lady I have nothing to say to you...are you going to shoot me here right in the street?"
He asked.
"I assume there are some spell on us that made us come back here we will have to take care of that, so let us just go our separate ways, no one want any trouble."
The young man said.
"Besides I have two friends as well."
He added and he glanced at Hildegard and Cita and then at Serge.
"I am afraid no...we can not let you go."
Helena replied.
"Get out of the car!"
"No fuck that, if you want a fight let us have it here right in the open!"
You noticed that the negotiations was falling apart fast and the three men in the car seamed unwilling to cooperate and more than willing to fight the mages of Steelhaven.

Serge leaned closer to Cita as the negotiations quickly broke down. "Can you modify the car so that there trapped inside of it. Like, hack the doors to not open? It'll be kinda hard to fight us if their stuck inside of it." he whispered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:47 am

[Labyrinth enterance 3 00 ]

"Certainly, we have four cells, usually one full Nephandus and a handful of pawns and one of our spirits, a manifestation of pain are on guard duty, the cell doors are bone and right past the area of the cell are a room for the guards, was there anything in particular you where wondering about Traditionalist?"
"I can lead the way there, the problem is we have to go through the Komu's lair to get there, our werspider, she can be a formidable foe like all shapechangers if we have to face her head on."
"You can not blame a girl for being curious, yes your ehm...patent sounds fascinating, I might be Fallen and bound to a lump of rotten flesh that somehow still live but I am still a mage, new magick intrigues me. I do not expect you to share it with me."
He pondered, "Hum, are they by any chance located so that a sudden... pitfall might drop people into the cells? And are the guards there at the moment?"
"Not as such but space can be manipulated if you want someone dropped into the cells that could potentially be arranged. Yes there are four of our pawns, our more powerful pawns there right now, lead by a woman named Grace Tannith who can kill with but a single touch, a most extraordinary gift. There is also a pain spirit there."

"Well, getting around the werespider is a question that lingers," he said with a scowl. "And ways of avoiding the touch of death from that pawn. Any other skills the pawns might have that you know...? There are people in the cells right now, I assume? How bad off are they, do you know? "

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:05 am

It's been noted.' Nicole quipped, attempting to perform a raking slash with her claw while on the rebound of her dodge. Judging it to be one of the very few advantages she had against this enemy. If only if she could have a moment so she could try to shoot the woman...

You managed to rake your claw across the woman's side and she let out a grunt, she still came at you though with determination and she managed to land a punch in your gut which hurt, allot though you was not seriously injured then she tried to grab for your gun hand, clearly aware of the risk it posed.
"You are a feisty one if we where not enemies I would take you out for beer."
The woman said between gritted teeth as she grunted with effort.

"Well, getting around the werespider is a question that lingers," he said with a scowl. "And ways of avoiding the touch of death from that pawn. Any other skills the pawns might have that you know...? There are people in the cells right now, I assume? How bad off are they, do you know? "

The werspider is a good fighter but they do not regenerate the same way as other shapechangers, if she is wounded she will stay wounded unless she can get fresh blood. As for the pawns I know of no way to turn out the touch of death, it is a gift offered by the Empress of Pain for her most faithful, it will kill anyone touched though friend and foe alike. Other than that the ones protecting the cells right now is a man who can control machines and who have several robots working for him, a skilled fighter that can grow spikes from her arms, and a hedge wizard of some power. There are prisoners they have been badly tortured. There is a Verbena Master he is in not to a bad condition as the Security Chief plan to sacrifice him and use his blood for ritual, the others have been tortured...badly."
Tali explained.
"They are not likely to be able to walk out on their own.

[Steelhaven 3]

Serge leaned closer to Cita as the negotiations quickly broke down. "Can you modify the car so that there trapped inside of it. Like, hack the doors to not open? It'll be kinda hard to fight us if their stuck inside of it." he whispered.

"I can but these three are mages so a locked door might not slow them down for long."
Cita said and she tapped at her keyboard.

Helena grunted as her gun suddenly grew red hot in her hand, she tossed it aside and got up a kinetic shield around it before it could explode. You saw the man with the devise pointing it at Helena while one of the others in the car tapped at his phone. Hildegard started singing, a beautiful, eerie aria and the man's phone sort of just fell to bits in his hands.
"Fuck."
Cita muttered as she started tapping at her computer.
"We do not want a fight out here where sleepers might see or worse get in the crossfire and get hurt."

(OOC: Cutting off time codes?)
(OOC 2: 4 bashing to Nicole, she felt that one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:44 am

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]
Anja wrote:"I can lead the way there, the problem is we have to go through the Komu's lair to get there, our werspider, she can be a formidable foe like all shapechangers if we have to face her head on."
Colin smiled thinly, "Well... if there's some readily available Quintessence of... questionable quality, you might get to see it in action."

Anja wrote:"Not as such but space can be manipulated if you want someone dropped into the cells that could potentially be arranged. Yes there are four of our pawns, our more powerful pawns there right now, lead by a woman named Grace Tannith who can kill with but a single touch, a most extraordinary gift. There is also a pain spirit there."
The Keeper replied.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Dropping a few of the defenders into the cell area could be tactically useful; it would take them swiftly out of the fight and give our forces something of a leg up... Hm... Jon, would you alert the others that the cells are guarded by four of the strongest pawns, including a woman who can kill by touch, as well as a pain spirit?"
Turning back to Tali, he added, "The pain spirit... is it held to its tasks against its will like the marble spirit here was, or does it serve of its own nature?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, getting around the werespider is a question that lingers," he said with a scowl. "And ways of avoiding the touch of death from that pawn. Any other skills the pawns might have that you know...? There are people in the cells right now, I assume? How bad off are they, do you know? "
Anja wrote:The werspider is a good fighter but they do not regenerate the same way as other shapechangers, if she is wounded she will stay wounded unless she can get fresh blood. As for the pawns I know of no way to turn out the touch of death, it is a gift offered by the Empress of Pain for her most faithful, it will kill anyone touched though friend and foe alike. Other than that the ones protecting the cells right now is a man who can control machines and who have several robots working for him, a skilled fighter that can grow spikes from her arms, and a hedge wizard of some power. There are prisoners they have been badly tortured. There is a Verbena Master he is in not to a bad condition as the Security Chief plan to sacrifice him and use his blood for ritual, the others have been tortured...badly."
Tali explained.
"They are not likely to be able to walk out on their own.
He looked to Amber Rose, "We might know that Verbena master... Hum, the Komu's lair - spiders can't handle cold well, is there any way you could flash freeze her chamber?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:15 am

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]

Colin smiled thinly, "Well... if there's some readily available Quintessence of... questionable quality, you might get to see it in action."

Tali took a small bottle of something horrible out of her pocket, it looked like stale swamp water with something dark floating in it, bits of gunk. The Keeper handed you the bottle.
"Will this do?"
She asked.
"It is corrupted Tass."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Dropping a few of the defenders into the cell area could be tactically useful; it would take them swiftly out of the fight and give our forces something of a leg up... Hm... Jon, would you alert the others that the cells are guarded by four of the strongest pawns, including a woman who can kill by touch, as well as a pain spirit?"

"I can do so but then they will be in cells with the prisoners, is this acceptable?"
Tali asked. Jon nodded at that.
"I will send out an alert about it to the other teams."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

Turning back to Tali, he added, "The pain spirit... is it held to its tasks against its will like the marble spirit here was, or does it serve of its own nature?"

"The spirit is bound to the service of the Labyrinth, but it do serve it's own nature as well, it is a pain spirit so being part of torturing prisoners are right smack in the middle of it's domain."
The Keeper replied.

He looked to Amber Rose, "We might know that Verbena master... Hum, the Komu's lair - spiders can't handle cold well, is there any way you could flash freeze her chamber?"

Amber Rose had her breath caught in her throat and she gave you and Tali a desperately hopeful look.
"The Verbena Master how do he look?"
She asked.
"He is tall and thin, with short salt and pepper hair and a number of scarification markings."
The Keeper said and Amber Rose gasped.
"That...is my husband...and he...he is alive?"
Tali nodded.
"He is for now yes, the Chief left clear instructions to leave him for her rituals."
She said and Amber Rose gave you a almost pleading look.
"We have to go and safe him...we have to..."
The Verbena looked like she was ready to run of down the corridor to get her husband out of danger right now this instant.

Tali waited a moment then she replied to your second question.
"Yes there is a way, used to sacrifice one room in case of over heating but it will severely damage my Labyrinth so I would rather not."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:37 am

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]
Anja wrote:Tali took a small bottle of something horrible out of her pocket, it looked like stale swamp water with something dark floating in it, bits of gunk. The Keeper handed you the bottle.
"Will this do?"
She asked.
"It is corrupted Tass."
Colin accepted the bottle with an arched eyebrow, "Hum, this should do... where'd you get it from? Ah, best not idly waste it for a demonstration, better wait for a tactical use, though."

Anja wrote:"I can do so but then they will be in cells with the prisoners, is this acceptable?"
Tali asked. Jon nodded at that.
"I will send out an alert about it to the other teams."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
He pondered, "It... would endanger the prisoners unduly. Best get those out first... Can you get the prisoners out of the cells and to us without the guards being able to stop them?"

Anja wrote:"The spirit is bound to the service of the Labyrinth, but it do serve it's own nature as well, it is a pain spirit so being part of torturing prisoners are right smack in the middle of it's domain."
The Keeper replied.
He frowned, "Well, it will have to go when I take possession of the place - can't keep it trapped and starved in here."
He smiled thinly, "Not to worry, I mean to sever its bindings to the Labyrinth and cast it out of here, not destroy it. Pain... still has a purpose in the world."

Anja wrote:Amber Rose had her breath caught in her throat and she gave you and Tali a desperately hopeful look.
She asked.
"He is tall and thin, with short salt and pepper hair and a number of scarification markings."
Tali nodded.
"He is for now yes, the Chief left clear instructions to leave him for her rituals."
The Verbena looked like she was ready to run of down the corridor to get her husband out of danger right now this instant.
He nodded to Amber Rose, "We'll see if we can get him out without clashing with the guards first... Get them all out safely, to avoid them being executed or held hostage in the rescue attempt."

Anja wrote:Tali waited a moment then she replied to your second question.
"Yes there is a way, used to sacrifice one room in case of over heating but it will severely damage my Labyrinth so I would rather not."
He nodded, "Understandable... How low temperatures can the Labyrinth safely endure, though? There might be just a little wiggle room..."
He looked to Jon, "Can you look up what temperatures spiders die at?"

((OOC: Okay, that'll be the last post before heading off to my parents. See ya.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:59 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"I can but these three are mages so a locked door might not slow them down for long."
Cita said and she tapped at her keyboard.

Helena grunted as her gun suddenly grew red hot in her hand, she tossed it aside and got up a kinetic shield around it before it could explode. You saw the man with the devise pointing it at Helena while one of the others in the car tapped at his phone. Hildegard started singing, a beautiful, eerie aria and the man's phone sort of just fell to bits in his hands.
"Fuck."
Cita muttered as she started tapping at her computer.
"We do not want a fight out here where sleepers might see or worse get in the crossfire and get hurt."

"There not really giving us much of a choice." Serge grunted as he quickly lifted up his arm and pointed his hand, which had the Bad Luck rune inscribed on the palm, at the man holding the device.

He funneled his annoyance and spite at the three men, who refused negotiations and went straight to harming him and his friends. And who tried to fight while struck within a car, which was an incredibly uncool visual to behold. So if the men wanted to be uncool, then all of their action will become uncool.

He fired these myriad of emotions at the man with the device, hoping a rush of bad luck would help save Helena from the wrath of the mysterious gadget.

(OOC: Entropy 2 to cast the bad luck spell Mr. Bergen taught Serge at the man with the device.

Roll: 10, 6, 2, 5 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:11 pm

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]

Colin accepted the bottle with an arched eyebrow, "Hum, this should do... where'd you get it from? Ah, best not idly waste it for a demonstration, better wait for a tactical use, though."

"The same way Traditionalists get their Tass most of the time, from one of our Nodes and I did not give it to you as a weapon I gave it to you to see this method to cleanse Tass you where talking about."
Tali replied and she raised an eyebrow.

He pondered, "It... would endanger the prisoners unduly. Best get those out first... Can you get the prisoners out of the cells and to us without the guards being able to stop them?"

"No I can not the cells are warded against anyone teleporting out or teleporting someone out to prevent our enemies jsut reclaiming our prisoners."
The Keeper replied.

He frowned, "Well, it will have to go when I take possession of the place - can't keep it trapped and starved in here."
He smiled thinly, "Not to worry, I mean to sever its bindings to the Labyrinth and cast it out of here, not destroy it. Pain... still has a purpose in the world."

"I am glad, it is a natural spirit and Umbrood, it simply is what it is, and if it is banished it will simply return home to the dark Umbra where it belong, if possible not harming the spirit would be a boon."
Tali replied and she nodded approvingly.

He nodded to Amber Rose, "We'll see if we can get him out without clashing with the guards first... Get them all out safely, to avoid them being executed or held hostage in the rescue attempt."

"I yes but I...I just want my husband back...and what of his assistants the hedge wizards he was kidnapped together with?"
Amber Rose asked.
"The linear mages was given to Wallace Jace I do not know if they are alive or dead."
Tali replied.
"But the Mastger Verbena is in good health."
"How do you know? Have he not been hurt?"
"He was interrogated and roughed up a bit but as the Security Chief want him for her rituals he have been kept in good health, you seam to be a Verbena as well Traditionalist, you know the drill if you are going to use someone's blood in a ritual the donor should be healthy."
Amber Rose nodded at that she calmed down but she was still ready to head out to rescue her husband.

He nodded, "Understandable... How low temperatures can the Labyrinth safely endure, though? There might be just a little wiggle room..."
He looked to Jon, "Can you look up what temperatures spiders die at?"

"He can take fairly cold temperatures a few depress C under freezing should be fine but much more than that and he will get to cold and being flash frozen will have the same effect on him as on any flesh."
Tali explained and Jon shrugged.
"Most species are not fond of cold but to kill a spider instantly it need to be pretty damn cold. I see that putting a wounded pet spider in the freezer is a common method of euthanasia but it takes some time, they are not going to go oh minus degrees dies immediately, you would have to have a very cold environment for that, very cold, being trapped in the cold would eventually kill a spider though, and would slow it down."

(OOC: Save travels Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:46 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

"There not really giving us much of a choice." Serge grunted as he quickly lifted up his arm and pointed his hand, which had the Bad Luck rune inscribed on the palm, at the man holding the device.

He funneled his annoyance and spite at the three men, who refused negotiations and went straight to harming him and his friends. And who tried to fight while struck within a car, which was an incredibly uncool visual to behold. So if the men wanted to be uncool, then all of their action will become uncool.

He fired these myriad of emotions at the man with the device, hoping a rush of bad luck would help save Helena from the wrath of the mysterious gadget.

Your spell started out well you fell that thrill in the pit of your gut that came when you worked magic, you felt your will affecting the story of the world, but then you hit a wall and then suddenly one of the men from the car stood next to you.
"Yeah that is enough spellcasting for you."
He said as he tried to stab you with a large knife. The man was tall and slender with light brown skin and short dark brown hair wearing a expensive looking black suit.

Helena suddenly stood a few meters further down just as the blast from the device hit, keeping her out of harm's way.
"Thank you Master Talar."
Helena called and Cita nodded with a smile. At the same time the two men remaining in the car was trying to force their way out of the doors but so far they where locked in.

(OOC: I will assume you want to try to dodge the teleporting man's knife so please roll dodge, the man's attack is not a strong one as he just teleported and blocked your effect he is sort of just waving the knife at you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Tali took a small bottle of something horrible out of her pocket, it looked like stale swamp water with something dark floating in it, bits of gunk. The Keeper handed you the bottle.
"Will this do?"
She asked.
"It is corrupted Tass."

"I don't think this is right time for a demonstration, pardon," he agreed.

he werspider is a good fighter but they do not regenerate the same way as other shapechangers, if she is wounded she will stay wounded unless she can get fresh blood. As for the pawns I know of no way to turn out the touch of death, it is a gift offered by the Empress of Pain for her most faithful, it will kill anyone touched though friend and foe alike. Other than that the ones protecting the cells right now is a man who can control machines and who have several robots working for him, a skilled fighter that can grow spikes from her arms, and a hedge wizard of some power. There are prisoners they have been badly tortured. There is a Verbena Master he is in not to a bad condition as the Security Chief plan to sacrifice him and use his blood for ritual, the others have been tortured...badly."
Tali explained. "They are not likely to be able to walk out on their own.
Amber Rose had her breath caught in her throat and she gave you and Tali a desperately hopeful look.
She asked.
Tali nodded.

He gave a slight wave of one hand to Amber as he glanced quickly towards her, as if to say hang on just a bit longer, so she didn't run off down the hall alone. His expression was one of empathy over her predicament. He understood that impulse to save him. "What is this ritual, when will it happen with regards to the current time, and what is it for?"

// have a safe trip, Warp.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 pm

I don't think this is right time for a demonstration, pardon," he agreed.

"If you worry about me getting your secrets Traditionalist don't worry the way I understand it I will be executed once this is said and done I can not bring that information to anyone."
Tali replied as she glanced over at Adley.

He gave a slight wave of one hand to Amber as he glanced quickly towards her, as if to say hang on just a bit longer, so she didn't run off down the hall alone. His expression was one of empathy over her predicament. He understood that impulse to save him. "What is this ritual, when will it happen with regards to the current time, and what is it for?"

Amber Rose glanced over at you with an impatient sigh she really wanted to rush to her husband's side but she knew that it was unwise to rush off on her own. Tali sigh and she shrugged.
"I have no idea I mean do Traditionalists usually inform one another about all their intended workings. All the Security Chief have said is that she want the Verbena Master for a ritual nothing else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:06 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Your spell started out well you fell that thrill in the pit of your gut that came when you worked magic, you felt your will affecting the story of the world, but then you hit a wall and then suddenly one of the men from the car stood next to you.
"Yeah that is enough spellcasting for you."
He said as he tried to stab you with a large knife. The man was tall and slender with light brown skin and short dark brown hair wearing a expensive looking black suit.

Helena suddenly stood a few meters further down just as the blast from the device hit, keeping her out of harm's way.
"Thank you Master Talar."
Helena called and Cita nodded with a smile. At the same time the two men remaining in the car was trying to force their way out of the doors but so far they where locked in.

"Buddy, you need to learn a little thing called threat assessment." Serge said quickly, doing his best to move out of the way of the knife.

(OOC: Ah yes Dodge. Dex + Atheltic. 2 Dice! As Serge really doesn't want to be shivved, I'll be spending a willpower and adding one of the successes I have stored up [From when I made Nicole's arm]. So I'm adding +2 successes to this roll.

Roll: 5, 10 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:22 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

"Buddy, you need to learn a little thing called threat assessment." Serge said quickly, doing his best to move out of the way of the knife.

Somehow you managed to step out of the way of the knife, the man grunted and turned to stab at you again, then he jerked and the light died in his eyes and he collapsed to the ground dead with a bullet in his head, you saw Cita stand there with her gun pointed in his direction, she had taken no chanced and had felled then man trying to kill you. The two men in the car saw this and the one with the phone turned it towards Cita sending the Virtual Adept flying and the small woman thumbed across the ground and landed in a heap. Helena shouted to Serge.
"Check on Master Telar!"
Then she started casting a spell to deal with the two men left in the car.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 pm

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]
Anja wrote:"The same way Traditionalists get their Tass most of the time, from one of our Nodes and I did not give it to you as a weapon I gave it to you to see this method to cleanse Tass you where talking about."
Tali replied and she raised an eyebrow.
S7trif3 wrote:"I don't think this is right time for a demonstration, pardon," he agreed.
Anja wrote:"If you worry about me getting your secrets Traditionalist don't worry the way I understand it I will be executed once this is said and done I can not bring that information to anyone."
Tali replied as she glanced over at Adley.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I cannot precisely cleanse it... just use it with no risk to myself. I... hum, I have something useful I can do, actually. If you would watch closely as I work one round of ammunition?"
He took out a spare magazine for his pistol, and took out one round, uncorking the flask and dipping the tip of the bullet in the questionable liquid, drawing the Quintessence into a hefty Prime enchantment on the bullet itself - it would decay the slug, the gun barrel would likely need cleaning after tonight... and whoever was unlucky enough to be shot would certainly feel it.

((OOC: So, a P2 effect with the Scrambler woven in, drawing the Tass straight into the bullet for one hell of a single shot - probably with some very rot-flavored wounding effect, as opposed to simply being devastating kinetic damage. Arete roll: 5,9,0. Yeah, that bullet's probably going to hurt whoever eats it... Mind, that's *just* the bullet being enchanted, not the casing or powder charge.))

Anja wrote:"No I can not the cells are warded against anyone teleporting out or teleporting someone out to prevent our enemies jsut reclaiming our prisoners."
The Keeper replied.
He nodded, "Reasonable enough precaution... you don't have the means to dispel those wards, I take it?"

Anja wrote:"I am glad, it is a natural spirit and Umbrood, it simply is what it is, and if it is banished it will simply return home to the dark Umbra where it belong, if possible not harming the spirit would be a boon."
Tali replied and she nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "Spirits simply are what they are... It's unfair to punish them for what they are, just because they managed to get themselves tangled up in the affairs of wizards, as it were."

Anja wrote:"I yes but I...I just want my husband back...and what of his assistants the hedge wizards he was kidnapped together with?"
Amber Rose asked.
"The linear mages was given to Wallace Jace I do not know if they are alive or dead."
Tali replied.
"But the Mastger Verbena is in good health."
"How do you know? Have he not been hurt?"
"He was interrogated and roughed up a bit but as the Security Chief want him for her rituals he have been kept in good health, you seam to be a Verbena as well Traditionalist, you know the drill if you are going to use someone's blood in a ritual the donor should be healthy."
Amber Rose nodded at that she calmed down but she was still ready to head out to rescue her husband.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave a slight wave of one hand to Amber as he glanced quickly towards her, as if to say hang on just a bit longer, so she didn't run off down the hall alone. His expression was one of empathy over her predicament. He understood that impulse to save him. "What is this ritual, when will it happen with regards to the current time, and what is it for?"
Anja wrote:Amber Rose glanced over at you with an impatient sigh she really wanted to rush to her husband's side but she knew that it was unwise to rush off on her own. Tali sigh and she shrugged.
"I have no idea I mean do Traditionalists usually inform one another about all their intended workings. All the Security Chief have said is that she want the Verbena Master for a ritual nothing else."
He nodded thoughtfully, "The Security Chief being the rather barky lady who is trying to hold the line right down that passage... I'm guessing she's a Fallen Verbena, so... she might have some designs on the Tree. Again. I wonder if she was involved in the attempt to drain it earlier?"

Anja wrote:"He can take fairly cold temperatures a few depress C under freezing should be fine but much more than that and he will get to cold and being flash frozen will have the same effect on him as on any flesh."
Tali explained and Jon shrugged.
"Most species are not fond of cold but to kill a spider instantly it need to be pretty damn cold. I see that putting a wounded pet spider in the freezer is a common method of euthanasia but it takes some time, they are not going to go oh minus degrees dies immediately, you would have to have a very cold environment for that, very cold, being trapped in the cold would eventually kill a spider though, and would slow it down."
He nodded thoughtfully, "We could slowly lower the temperature to slow her down, though... Cool down the area around her chamber a bit more rapidly, not enough to kill her immediately, perhaps, but enough to make it highly unpleasant for her to try to battle us in her non-human forms..."

((OOC2: Arrived safely.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:30 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Somehow you managed to step out of the way of the knife, the man grunted and turned to stab at you again, then he jerked and the light died in his eyes and he collapsed to the ground dead with a bullet in his head, you saw Cita stand there with her gun pointed in his direction, she had taken no chanced and had felled then man trying to kill you. The two men in the car saw this and the one with the phone turned it towards Cita sending the Virtual Adept flying and the small woman thumbed across the ground and landed in a heap. Helena shouted to Serge.
"Check on Master Telar!"
Then she started casting a spell to deal with the two men left in the car.

Serge wasted no time and rushed to the Master's side. Leaning down, he checked to see if Master Telar was conscious. "How ya feeling Master Telar. Can you stand up?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:08 am

Anja's Post:

'You'd... cut out some... workout time for that?' the Etherite wheezed, doing her best to keep the pistol out of range of the enemy's grasp, while trying to suppress the urge to hurl, then immediately attempting a sweep-kick in the hope to knock the woman off her feet.

['Steelhaven 3'? Scroll up, you'll see it keeps on happening. And I know why (and it's not your fault!).]

[Thanks for the clarification.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:25 am

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I cannot precisely cleanse it... just use it with no risk to myself. I... hum, I have something useful I can do, actually. If you would watch closely as I work one round of ammunition?"
He took out a spare magazine for his pistol, and took out one round, uncorking the flask and dipping the tip of the bullet in the questionable liquid, drawing the Quintessence into a hefty Prime enchantment on the bullet itself - it would decay the slug, the gun barrel would likely need cleaning after tonight... and whoever was unlucky enough to be shot would certainly feel it.

Tali nodded as she observed you casting your rote she whistled as the spell took effect.
"Interesting, that is rather impressive. How on earth did you do that?"
She said as you enchanted the bullet. The liquid vanished from the bottle as you used the Tass, which was a good thing for it smelled horribly, absolutely putrid.

He nodded, "Reasonable enough precaution... you don't have the means to dispel those wards, I take it?"

"I am not powerful enough to do that no."
The Keeper replied.

He nodded, "Spirits simply are what they are... It's unfair to punish them for what they are, just because they managed to get themselves tangled up in the affairs of wizards, as it were."

Tali nodded her agreement to that.
"Indeed they just are what they are."

He nodded thoughtfully, "The Security Chief being the rather barky lady who is trying to hold the line right down that passage... I'm guessing she's a Fallen Verbena, so... she might have some designs on the Tree. Again. I wonder if she was involved in the attempt to drain it earlier?"

"Yes the Chief led the attack on the Boston Cpven's Life Tree I do not know if that is what she is trying to use this man's blood for though, the group who tried to drain the tree to summon the Duke of Hate sort of got their asses handed to them."
The Keeper commented.

He nodded thoughtfully, "We could slowly lower the temperature to slow her down, though... Cool down the area around her chamber a bit more rapidly, not enough to kill her immediately, perhaps, but enough to make it highly unpleasant for her to try to battle us in her non-human forms..."

"Cooling her chamber down slowly, perhaps slowly enough that the werspider will not notice what is happening might slow her down, but you would have to have the hallways outside very, very cold for it to be a deterrent for her. I mean a spider will not suffer much if you run it through a cold room, it is just if it stay cold there is a issue, or if it is flash freeze."
Jon commented.

'You'd... cut out some... workout time for that?' the Etherite wheezed, doing her best to keep the pistol out of range of the enemy's grasp, while trying to suppress the urge to hurl, then immediately attempting a sweep-kick in the hope to knock the woman off her feet.

"Well some things are worth dropping gym time for and hell if I played by cards right perhaps I would get another type of workout."
The large woman said with a grin, she was still trying to grab at your gun, but then she grunted as you kicked the legs from out under her landing her onto the floor on her ample butt. The woman rolled to try to get back on her feet immediately though and sent a kick towards your legs that you just barely managed to avoid.

[Steelhaven 3]

Serge wasted no time and rushed to the Master's side. Leaning down, he checked to see if Master Telar was conscious. "How ya feeling Master Telar. Can you stand up?"

Cita was awake but her right arm sat at an odd angle at the elbo, it was either broken or severely dislocated.
"Yeah...I think so."
The Spirit Master muttered as she tried to get back onto her feet she goaned again and looked down at her arm and winced then she checked to see if her laptop that lay by her side was okey.
"I am going to have to work on my phone it seamed."
She muttered and she pulled it out with her good arm holding the other arm towards her chest.
"How are you kid? Where you hurt?"
She asked as you heard the sound of Hildegard singing and Helena chanting behind you and more gunshots and a strange tap tap sound.

(OOC: That is good to hear Warp.)
(OOC 2: Not a problem.)
(OOC 3: That is odd, I do not know how to fix that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:02 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Cita was awake but her right arm sat at an odd angle at the elbo, it was either broken or severely dislocated.
"Yeah...I think so."
The Spirit Master muttered as she tried to get back onto her feet she goaned again and looked down at her arm and winced then she checked to see if her laptop that lay by her side was okey.
"I am going to have to work on my phone it seamed."
She muttered and she pulled it out with her good arm holding the other arm towards her chest.
"How are you kid? Where you hurt?"
She asked as you heard the sound of Hildegard singing and Helena chanting behind you and more gunshots and a strange tap tap sound.

"I'm fine thanks to you. Knife dude didn't even get close to me." Serge said with a nod, pulling out a small notepad from his pocket.

He began drawing something on his notepad while looking at the fight, trying to get a better feel for the battle. Particularly the last two men and what sort of position they were in.

"Hey, is that tapping sound coming from you?" he asked as he drew.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:52 am

Anja's Post:

'Ah... get it... now.' Nicole replied, while performing the mini-hop for a moment in an attempt to stay upright, admittedly impressed at the speed of the woman's recovery, using a moment's distraction to slip the pistol's safety on without the enemy noticing.

[Is she still on the floor, or back upright?]

[The problem is that the forum software does not like numbers and colons together. If you notice, I don't have said problems 'cos I use a full stop instead.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:03 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"I'm fine thanks to you. Knife dude didn't even get close to me." Serge said with a nod, pulling out a small notepad from his pocket.

He began drawing something on his notepad while looking at the fight, trying to get a better feel for the battle. Particularly the last two men and what sort of position they were in.

"Hey, is that tapping sound coming from you?" he asked as he drew.

"I am glad you where not hurt."
Cita said with a wince then she started tapping at her phone with her thumb.

You saw one of the men in the car was shooting a gun through the window but Helena stopped the bullets with some kind of shield. You are not sure what Hildegard's song did yet, the other man seamed to be playing with his device.
"No it is not me it is they device making the sound."
Cita said as she tapped away.

Ah... get it... now.' Nicole replied, while performing the mini-hop for a moment in an attempt to stay upright, admittedly impressed at the speed of the woman's recovery, using a moment's distraction to slip the pistol's safety on without the enemy noticing.

"Hey you can't blame a girl for trying."
The woman said not clarifying if she meant getting in your pants or grabbing your gun. The pawn was still on the floor but she had gotten her legs under her and would be able to rise in a second or two, her eyes kept careful watch on your movements through so she could defend herself when you attacked.

(OOC: Yes she is on the floor but rising fast.)
(OOC 2: I will try to remember that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:15 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"I am glad you where not hurt."
Cita said with a wince then she started tapping at her phone with her thumb.

You saw one of the men in the car was shooting a gun through the window but Helena stopped the bullets with some kind of shield. You are not sure what Hildegard's song did yet, the other man seamed to be playing with his device.
"No it is not me it is they device making the sound."
Cita said as she tapped away.

"It was a ticking sound before. Now it's more of a tapping sound." he mused to himself as he continued to draw.

He drew small chibi version of the two remaining men, inspired by Helena's fantasies, looking quite terrified as the very seatbelts of the car began to move and constrict them like giant snakes.

"My first illusions worked well on them. Let's see how it works a second time." Serge said placing his hand on the drawing and imagining the scene playing out in his mind. Focusing his imagination through the drawings and into the minds of the two men still stuck within their car.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to make the two men see an illusion of the car's seatbelts coming to life and binding them, restricting their movements.

Serge will work on this spell long enough for two arete rolls.

Roll: 5, 3, 8, 10 - 9, 4, 3, 6 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next