Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'Not that.' Nick replied, her grey eyes watching alertly, almost bidding the woman to come towards her with clawed fingers.

[Well, if Warp and Strife followed suit too, it should be fine...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:09 am

'Not that.' Nick replied, her grey eyes watching alertly, almost bidding the woman to come towards her with clawed fingers.

"Well I guess it is a moot point, either you will be dead or I will after this, but it is a shame."
The woman grunted as she got to her feet, she kept her distance now though seeing Nicole's claws, but still stayed close enough that using the gun would be clumsy, finally she tried to punch Nicole in the face, but she missed and that opened up her side for a counter attack.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:20 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"It was a ticking sound before. Now it's more of a tapping sound." he mused to himself as he continued to draw.

"I guess that the guy's device have a tendency to make noise."
Cita said and she just shrugged she clearly did not think much about that.

He drew small chibi version of the two remaining men, inspired by Helena's fantasies, looking quite terrified as the very seatbelts of the car began to move and constrict them like giant snakes.

"My first illusions worked well on them. Let's see how it works a second time." Serge said placing his hand on the drawing and imagining the scene playing out in his mind. Focusing his imagination through the drawings and into the minds of the two men still stuck within their car.

While you worked you saw a blast of energy come out of the car and hit Helena in the chest the Hermetic grunted and she flinched but her protective spells kept her mostly safe, and she retaliated and the car frosted over, freezing the men inside. You cast your spell, you are not completely sure if it worked or not for the windows of the car was full of frost, at least there was a pause in the attacks from the car.

Both Helena's scraped and Cita's wounded closed themselves and the Virtual Adept's arm straightened and got better, possibly due to Hildegard's song.

Cita tapped her phone and one of the men from the car appeared on the ground before her, she tapped her phone again and some sort of cage made out of light appeared around her. The Master winced from the Paradox and the man in the cage let out a long line of swearing but he seamed to be under control. That left just the man with he device in the car.

(OOC: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:53 am

[Labyrinth Entrance, 3.00]
Anja wrote:Tali nodded as she observed you casting your rote she whistled as the spell took effect.
"Interesting, that is rather impressive. How on earth did you do that?"
She said as you enchanted the bullet. The liquid vanished from the bottle as you used the Tass, which was a good thing for it smelled horribly, absolutely putrid.
Colin grinned, "It was a flash of inspiration, really; just like a battery can be plugged directly into a device, it is not necessary to channel Quintessence through yourself to simply power a spell. Which means Tass normally too Resonated to be used safely can now be applied to even greater effect, if applied to something appropriate for the Tass. Tass from the deep oceans, for example, would be excellent for creating pressure, or generating copious amounts of water, while Tass from an active volcano would be good for explosions, or for inducing a frenzy into a mob, that sort of thing... Or in this case, make a bullet cause some seriously infected wounds, I should think."

Anja wrote:"I am not powerful enough to do that no."
The Keeper replied.
He shrugged, "That's not so much an effect of power, as simply a matter of having the right key..."
He looked to Anna, "I'm guessing you don't quite feel up to trying to tackle that level of wards yet, either, Sweetie?"

Anja wrote:"Yes the Chief led the attack on the Boston Cpven's Life Tree I do not know if that is what she is trying to use this man's blood for though, the group who tried to drain the tree to summon the Duke of Hate sort of got their asses handed to them."
The Keeper commented.
He grinned, "Yes, a Garou raid, aided by an Ananasi, and then all the Magi on the battlefield suddenly lost contact with their Avatars in a most painful manner, and then the stolen Quintessence stream was severed and blew up in the would-be summoners' faces... One might wonder how everything could turn out so badly?"

Anja wrote:"Cooling her chamber down slowly, perhaps slowly enough that the werspider will not notice what is happening might slow her down, but you would have to have the hallways outside very, very cold for it to be a deterrent for her. I mean a spider will not suffer much if you run it through a cold room, it is just if it stay cold there is a issue, or if it is flash freeze."
Jon commented.
He nodded, "It would not kill her, but make the surroundings more unpleasant might help restrict her movements, and severely reduce her combat capabilities... In fact, cooling down the entire Labyrinth would make life difficult for the woman."
He looked to Tali, "Is that a bit much to expect, to cool down the entire Labyrinth to, say, 30ish degrees Fahrenheit? It's just below freezing, but only marginally. 35 would probably work acceptably well, too..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:13 am

Colin grinned, "It was a flash of inspiration, really; just like a battery can be plugged directly into a device, it is not necessary to channel Quintessence through yourself to simply power a spell. Which means Tass normally too Resonated to be used safely can now be applied to even greater effect, if applied to something appropriate for the Tass. Tass from the deep oceans, for example, would be excellent for creating pressure, or generating copious amounts of water, while Tass from an active volcano would be good for explosions, or for inducing a frenzy into a mob, that sort of thing... Or in this case, make a bullet cause some seriously infected wounds, I should think."

"That is brilliant so simple but still so elegant. I sort of want to try doing that...so this will work with any kind of Tass?"
The Keeper asked.

He shrugged, "That's not so much an effect of power, as simply a matter of having the right key..."
He looked to Anna, "I'm guessing you don't quite feel up to trying to tackle that level of wards yet, either, Sweetie?"

"Without even looking at the ward it is impossible to say dad. I can not work at a difference though but if someone who can will work with me I can try, though that might alert someone."
Anna replied.
"I am pretty good at picking apart wards though."

He grinned, "Yes, a Garou raid, aided by an Ananasi, and then all the Magi on the battlefield suddenly lost contact with their Avatars in a most painful manner, and then the stolen Quintessence stream was severed and blew up in the would-be summoners' faces... One might wonder how everything could turn out so badly?"

"Well it was a well coordinated defense."
The Nephanda said and she raised an eyebrow.
"We did not expect Jace's gas to be used against us nor that you had made friends with the shapechangers, and that Ananasi...did some damage, we lost many men and women in that attack, it was part of what made me decide to throw in with your side, I do not want my Labyrinth to get hurt in the crossfire, and when his eye was shot out by my own side and you where kind to my Labyrinth I made my decision."

He nodded, "It would not kill her, but make the surroundings more unpleasant might help restrict her movements, and severely reduce her combat capabilities... In fact, cooling down the entire Labyrinth would make life difficult for the woman."
He looked to Tali, "Is that a bit much to expect, to cool down the entire Labyrinth to, say, 30ish degrees Fahrenheit? It's just below freezing, but only marginally. 35 would probably work acceptably well, too..."

"Possibly it is worth trying at least."
Jon replied. Tali considered then she nodded.
"30 degrees is not a problem I thought you meant like liquid oxygen flash freezing, I can go colder as well without it harming my Labyrinth, the deep dark Umbra can be a cold place."
The Keeper said.
"One moment and I will take care of it...setting the temperature to 30 degrees..."
Again all the woman's eyes fluttered then things started getting colder quickly and you heard a slight hissing sound, probably there was some sort of biological vents somewhere that allowed the Labyrinth creature to control his temperature.
"There you go...good boy...good boy."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Anja wrote:"That is brilliant so simple but still so elegant. I sort of want to try doing that...so this will work with any kind of Tass?"
The Keeper asked.
Colin nodded, "Any kind. But the Quintessence used will greatly flavour the spell - so avoid, say, the Tass you gave me for something like a healing spell, for example. And of course, it doesn't have to be locked in Tass form, either - I set a Node ablaze with the same spell, too; it was... too vile to let stand as it was."

Anja wrote:"Without even looking at the ward it is impossible to say dad. I can not work at a difference though but if someone who can will work with me I can try, though that might alert someone."
Anna replied.
"I am pretty good at picking apart wards though."
He nodded, "We'll have to see what can be done. Don't want you to try it on your own, though, even if we get close enough somehow..."

Anja wrote:"Well it was a well coordinated defense."
The Nephanda said and she raised an eyebrow.
"We did not expect Jace's gas to be used against us nor that you had made friends with the shapechangers, and that Ananasi...did some damage, we lost many men and women in that attack, it was part of what made me decide to throw in with your side, I do not want my Labyrinth to get hurt in the crossfire, and when his eye was shot out by my own side and you where kind to my Labyrinth I made my decision."
He grinned darkly, "I have made unusual alliances... and as cruel as Jace's craftsmanship is, I can't deny that the gas is something of a cruel masterpiece. As Abigail can vouch for. That allergy of hers really ruined her day."

Anja wrote:"Possibly it is worth trying at least."
Jon replied. Tali considered then she nodded.
"30 degrees is not a problem I thought you meant like liquid oxygen flash freezing, I can go colder as well without it harming my Labyrinth, the deep dark Umbra can be a cold place."
The Keeper said.
"One moment and I will take care of it...setting the temperature to 30 degrees..."
Again all the woman's eyes fluttered then things started getting colder quickly and you heard a slight hissing sound, probably there was some sort of biological vents somewhere that allowed the Labyrinth creature to control his temperature.
"There you go...good boy...good boy."
She muttered.
He shook his head, "Liquid oxygen or nitrogen for flash freezing the Labyrinth would be a little too harsh on everyone here. I merely meant it as a sharp drop in temperature to just below the freezing point of water..."
He smiled thinly, "That's a really good, clever boy... Jon, would you let the other teams know that we've adjusted the thermostat to impair the werespider, and that we'll bring the heat back up to a comfortable level once she's been dealt with?"

((OOC: Just below freezing is going to be unpleasant for everyone, and potentially lethal for the worst injured prisoners if it stays like that for too long, so might have to act quickly to flush the spider out...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm

Colin nodded, "Any kind. But the Quintessence used will greatly flavour the spell - so avoid, say, the Tass you gave me for something like a healing spell, for example. And of course, it doesn't have to be locked in Tass form, either - I set a Node ablaze with the same spell, too; it was... too vile to let stand as it was."

"You burned down a Node? That seams to be a waste Mr Wainwright, I guess it was a corrupted Node."
Tali said with a deep frown.
"Yes that makes sense the Quintessence you use are always a factor in how a spell ends up."
She agreed.
"And I suspect it is even more so if you cast it directly from the Tass itself and not letting it flow through your Avatar."

He nodded, "We'll have to see what can be done. Don't want you to try it on your own, though, even if we get close enough somehow..."

"Very well dad I can work with someone else in concert."
Anna agreed.
"But it is likely not more safe if it is more than one of us, if there is a backlash from the ward it will affect all of us."

He grinned darkly, "I have made unusual alliances... and as cruel as Jace's craftsmanship is, I can't deny that the gas is something of a cruel masterpiece. As Abigail can vouch for. That allergy of hers really ruined her day."

"Abigail a Giledian from Chicago that Lisa Larson worked with for a while? So you where the ones who took her down?"
The Keeper of the Labyrinth asked sounding surprised.
"Well as we have both spirits and vampires and shapechangers working for us I can hardly fault you have strange allies."

He shook his head, "Liquid oxygen or nitrogen for flash freezing the Labyrinth would be a little too harsh on everyone here. I merely meant it as a sharp drop in temperature to just below the freezing point of water..."

Tali just nodded at that.
"It have been arranged."

He smiled thinly, "That's a really good, clever boy...

"Indeed he is the best boy."
The Keeper agreed with a smile.

Jon, would you let the other teams know that we've adjusted the thermostat to impair the werespider, and that we'll bring the heat back up to a comfortable level once she's been dealt with?"

"I will do so."
Jon said as he started sending messages.
"So what is the plan now?"
Amber Rose asked.
"We can not just sit here and it is going to get cold for us as well."

(OOC: Yes you might want to act quickly before someone freeze to death but the Komu will be in worse condition than humans.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Anja wrote:"You burned down a Node? That seams to be a waste Mr Wainwright, I guess it was a corrupted Node."
Tali said with a deep frown.
"Yes that makes sense the Quintessence you use are always a factor in how a spell ends up."
She agreed.
"And I suspect it is even more so if you cast it directly from the Tass itself and not letting it flow through your Avatar."
Colin nodded, "It was... a torture chamber; it had to go... the victims needed to be put to rest before that Labyrinth was destroyed..."

Anja wrote:"Very well dad I can work with someone else in concert."
Anna agreed.
"But it is likely not more safe if it is more than one of us, if there is a backlash from the ward it will affect all of us."
He nodded, "It's not the backlash I am worried about, so much as that such a ward might be a little outside any one Mage's grasp - in particular your understanding, if it is explicitly a teleportation inhibitor."

Anja wrote:"I will do so."
Jon said as he started sending messages.
"So what is the plan now?"
Amber Rose asked.
"We can not just sit here and it is going to get cold for us as well."
He checked the slide on his pistol, "Now I, and preferably a volunteer or two, go to commit pesticide. But only to take out the spider, not the cells; we don't have the strength for that at this instant. Is there an eyeball near the spider's lair?"
He looked toward Ameli, "My dark-eyed friend, can I trust you to keep an eye on our erstwhile ally in my absence?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'No. That your desired fuck-buddy is in fact, yourself.' the Etherite replied, watching the woman alertly, with a clear look of one watching the other party to screw up. On the weave away from the punch, she'll try to respond by giving the enemy a hard kick to the ground - ideally, face-down.

[Yay, Christmas by self. This eventuality is a lot less worse than it sounds...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm

[Labyrinth entrance 3 00 ]

"If you worry about me getting your secrets Traditionalist don't worry the way I understand it I will be executed once this is said and done I can not bring that information to anyone."
Tali replied as she glanced over at Adley.

"I don't count chicks before the eggs hatch and even then one must provide protection from the foxes. Besides, what with ghosts and all, it is not as if death is always reliable when it comes to taking secrets to a grave." He looked at Colin with a frown, as he continued his experiment. "Please, let's not get away from ourselves."

ali sigh and she shrugged.
"I have no idea I mean do Traditionalists usually inform one another about all their intended workings. All the Security Chief have said is that she want the Verbena Master for a ritual nothing else."

"Still, you may have heard something."

"And for the rest of us. I could feasibly make things warmer in an area here but that does not help our others."

// Merry Xmas Eve/Xmas

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:27 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:While you worked you saw a blast of energy come out of the car and hit Helena in the chest the Hermetic grunted and she flinched but her protective spells kept her mostly safe, and she retaliated and the car frosted over, freezing the men inside. You cast your spell, you are not completely sure if it worked or not for the windows of the car was full of frost, at least there was a pause in the attacks from the car.

Both Helena's scraped and Cita's wounded closed themselves and the Virtual Adept's arm straightened and got better, possibly due to Hildegard's song.

Cita tapped her phone and one of the men from the car appeared on the ground before her, she tapped her phone again and some sort of cage made out of light appeared around her. The Master winced from the Paradox and the man in the cage let out a long line of swearing but he seamed to be under control. That left just the man with he device in the car.

"Ok be real with me. Did you even notice the seatbelts or were you to busy being iced over?" Serge asked the swearing caged man.

Turning his attention to the car, he tried to see if he could still see the man with the device despite the frost on the car. His spells needed him to be able to see his targets in order for them to work after all.

(OOC: Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday! )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:24 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

"Ok be real with me. Did you even notice the seatbelts or were you to busy being iced over?" Serge asked the swearing caged man.

Turning his attention to the car, he tried to see if he could still see the man with the device despite the frost on the car. His spells needed him to be able to see his targets in order for them to work after all.

The man simply ignored Serge as if he was not even there, he was busy trying to get out of Cita's cage white he was still shivering in cold. You could not see anything through the iced down car windows. You saw Helena nearing the care carefully to try to capture the man inside.

Colin nodded, "It was... a torture chamber; it had to go... the victims needed to be put to rest before that Labyrinth was destroyed..."

"I see, still seams like a waste to me."
Tali commented.

He nodded, "It's not the backlash I am worried about, so much as that such a ward might be a little outside any one Mage's grasp - in particular your understanding, if it is explicitly a teleportation inhibitor."

"Yeah I might not be able to take the ward down, but I can try dad."
Anna replied.

He checked the slide on his pistol, "Now I, and preferably a volunteer or two, go to commit pesticide. But only to take out the spider, not the cells; we don't have the strength for that at this instant. Is there an eyeball near the spider's lair?"
He looked toward Ameli, "My dark-eyed friend, can I trust you to keep an eye on our erstwhile ally in my absence?"

"But we have to get the prisoners out!"
Amber Rose protested.
"I will help out Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said and the still shaken Gray nodded as well.
"I will as well."
Mr Amelie nodded.
"I will keep an eye on the lady my good man."
He agreed.
"But I might not be equipped to stop her if she really want to leave, combat is not my specialty."

"I don't count chicks before the eggs hatch and even then one must provide protection from the foxes. Besides, what with ghosts and all, it is not as if death is always reliable when it comes to taking secrets to a grave." He looked at Colin with a frown, as he continued his experiment. "Please, let's not get away from ourselves."

Tali did not reply she just turned back to Colin and watched him demonstrate his rote she had no interest in trying to convince Adley she was trustworthy.

"Still, you may have heard something."

"I have not heard anything of what the Chief want with the prisoner."
The Keeper repeated.

"And for the rest of us. I could feasibly make things warmer in an area here but that does not help our others."

"Did you want me to stop the cooling down of the Labyrinth?"
Tali asked.

'No. That your desired fuck-buddy is in fact, yourself.' the Etherite replied, watching the woman alertly, with a clear look of one watching the other party to screw up. On the weave away from the punch, she'll try to respond by giving the enemy a hard kick to the ground - ideally, face-down.

"Heh!"
Was all the woman said before she tried to hit you, you stepped to the side and kicked her hard, and you managed to make her loose her balance though she kept on her feet and she punched at you as she tried to regain her balance, but from her awkward position she missed.

(OOC: Now I am full of Christmas food.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Anja's Post:

'No denial, then?' attempting another raking claw-swipe, then following up with a pistol-whip, hoping they'd be too distracted by the former to guard against the latter.

[Is the 24th the 'big day' then in Norway?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:13 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:The man simply ignored Serge as if he was not even there, he was busy trying to get out of Cita's cage white he was still shivering in cold. You could not see anything through the iced down car windows. You saw Helena nearing the car carefully to try to capture the man inside.

"Booo, your no fun. Well we'll have lots of time to talk later." Serge said as the man ignored him.

He watched as Helena tried to capture the man still inside of the car. He wanted to go and help, but decided against it. Him being close would just endanger him and burden the other mages with protecting him. It would be better to simply let them do what they were trained to do.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:09 am

Anja wrote:"I see, still seams like a waste to me."
Tali commented.
Colin shrugged, "I couldn't simply convert it all to Tass, and the deed doubled as denying the Labyrinth's residents resources... I'm sure once I figure out how to solidify Tass in a tangible form, I can manage to be a lot less wasteful with it."

S7trif3 wrote:"I don't count chicks before the eggs hatch and even then one must provide protection from the foxes. Besides, what with ghosts and all, it is not as if death is always reliable when it comes to taking secrets to a grave." He looked at Colin with a frown, as he continued his experiment. "Please, let's not get away from ourselves."
Anja wrote:Tali did not reply she just turned back to Colin and watched him demonstrate his rote she had no interest in trying to convince Adley she was trustworthy.
He nodded to Adley, "I think we can trust her, insofar as we're holding the Labyrinth hostage - much as I sort of like the big boy, I'm not about to pretend that's not what we're doing in practice..."
He looked to Tali, "And I suspect if you do return as a ghost, you'll be lingering here to look after your dear, big friend... I'm guessing you would like to be, ah, interred here?"

Anja wrote:"But we have to get the prisoners out!"
Amber Rose protested.
"I will help out Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said and the still shaken Gray nodded as well.
"I will as well."
Mr Amelie nodded.
"I will keep an eye on the lady my good man."
He agreed.
"But I might not be equipped to stop her if she really want to leave, combat is not my specialty."
He nodded, "We must get the prisoners out, yes... but I don't think the odds are entirely on our side in dealing with the cell guards; I should prefer one of the more battle-hardened Masters with us for that. Dealing with the werespider, however, will go a long way in securing the operation, and greatly reduce their ability to coordinate things without the full faculties of the Labyrinth itself at their disposal."
He nodded to Ameli, "Of course... I do not believe she will betray us, though - but you'll be able to know where she goes, yes?"

S7trif3 wrote:"And for the rest of us. I could feasibly make things warmer in an area here but that does not help our others."
Anja wrote:"Did you want me to stop the cooling down of the Labyrinth?"
Tali asked.
He shook his head, "Maintain the cold until the spider's dealt with - it should keep her from escaping as a swarm of spiders; I'm sure she's got countless tiny passages to maneuver through where no human could fit..."

((OOC: Yeah, the 24th is the Big Day here - Christmas dinner, gift unwrapping, the whole nine yards (a term for which I can't think of a metric equivalent...) - it's been a good one, especially considering the rest of the year... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"Booo, your no fun. Well we'll have lots of time to talk later." Serge said as the man ignored him.

Again the man just ignored you as he focused on finding a way to escape.

He watched as Helena tried to capture the man still inside of the car. He wanted to go and help, but decided against it. Him being close would just endanger him and burden the other mages with protecting him. It would be better to simply let them do what they were trained to do.

"Mr Yager can you run into the Chantry and see if Dr Lee have any of the anti magick serum. I left my supply in my Mentor's office so we have that if need be."
Helena asked as she tried to get to the man in the car.
"And can you find out how many sleepers saw the fight?"

No denial, then?' attempting another raking claw-swipe, then following up with a pistol-whip, hoping they'd be too distracted by the former to guard against the latter.

"Hey we all want to fuck someone that are similar to ourselves, that is why the number one thing that people do when they join the Nephandi and leave old taboos behind is to seduce their siblings."
The Nephanda declared then she regretted being unfocused as your gun impacted with her jaw and sent her to the floor, she was still awake but now she was on the floor before you, shaking her head and trying to get her focus and wits back.
"OW!"
She muttered. At this time you noticed the temperature beginning to fall.

Colin shrugged, "I couldn't simply convert it all to Tass, and the deed doubled as denying the Labyrinth's residents resources... I'm sure once I figure out how to solidify Tass in a tangible form, I can manage to be a lot less wasteful with it."

"Yeah I found that ability to be most useful, solidifying Quintessence into Tass I mean."
The Keeper replied.

He nodded to Adley, "I think we can trust her, insofar as we're holding the Labyrinth hostage - much as I sort of like the big boy, I'm not about to pretend that's not what we're doing in practice..."
He looked to Tali, "And I suspect if you do return as a ghost, you'll be lingering here to look after your dear, big friend... I'm guessing you would like to be, ah, interred here?"

Tali nodded.
"If my Labyrinth is treated well I do not see much of a chance that I will return as a ghost, I have no regrets but yes if I where to become a ghost I would likely become a protector of this Labyrinth, and yes I would want to be left here after I am dead yes, preferably feed my body to one of the maws and my body with nourish my Labyrinth."
The Nephanda confirmed a odd calm about her own forthcoming death in her eyes.

He nodded, "We must get the prisoners out, yes... but I don't think the odds are entirely on our side in dealing with the cell guards; I should prefer one of the more battle-hardened Masters with us for that. Dealing with the werespider, however, will go a long way in securing the operation, and greatly reduce their ability to coordinate things without the full faculties of the Labyrinth itself at their disposal."
He nodded to Ameli, "Of course... I do not believe she will betray us, though - but you'll be able to know where she goes, yes?"

"But what if they harm my husband and the others more before we get to them?"
Amber Rose protested a note of desperation in her voice then she drew a deep breath and sigh.
"I know you are right but even so...I want my husband back."

Mr Amelie nodded.
"I will be aware of where the young lady go yes."
He confirmed.
"I am not going to betray you as long as you protect my Labyrinth."
Tali chimed in.

He shook his head, "Maintain the cold until the spider's dealt with - it should keep her from escaping as a swarm of spiders; I'm sure she's got countless tiny passages to maneuver through where no human could fit..."

"Yeah she have little tunnels and openings everywhere."
Tali confirmed then she nodded.
"Let me know when you want me to rise the temperature again...oh and one more thing by the way...the Komu, she have an egg sack, she will protect it with her life and if the cold kills her offspring she will be rather pissed....very very pissed, the egg sack is in her chamber."

(OOC: Yeah it is Christmas eve that is the big day for us, and it was good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:56 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"Mr Yager can you run into the Chantry and see if Dr Lee have any of the anti magick serum. I left my supply in my Mentor's office so we have that if need be."
Helena asked as she tried to get to the man in the car.
"And can you find out how many sleepers saw the fight?"

"Instead of just finding out how many sleepers saw the fight. Would you rather I caused everyone who saw or heard the fight to simply forget what they saw or heard? I had to do that earlier when an explosion brought attention to the chantry." Serge asked as he began to draw something in his notepad.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:50 am

Anja's Post:

'They ain't nothing like me.' the Etherite shot back, though a keen eye would see she was a touch flustered. Immediately moving to jump on the woman to pin her down...

[If I remember right, the Fallen woman's dressed in a manner to show off her body, right?]

[Well, you're not ones under Lockdown, are you? Though admittedly if not under that I'd have been alone by choice; the options were crap again...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"Instead of just finding out how many sleepers saw the fight. Would you rather I caused everyone who saw or heard the fight to simply forget what they saw or heard? I had to do that earlier when an explosion brought attention to the chantry." Serge asked as he began to draw something in his notepad.

Helena did not have the time for much consideration so she simply nodded.
"Yes please do that Mr Yager."
She told you.
"I do not want to intrude on the sleepers but it is safer for them if they do not remember."

'They ain't nothing like me.' the Etherite shot back, though a keen eye would see she was a touch flustered. Immediately moving to jump on the woman to pin her down...

The woman was a bit to busy trying to regain her wits, you managed to run her and pin her to the ground, she fought back and she was strong, very strong you just barely managed hold onto her but for now you had her under control.

(OOC: Yes and no she was dressed as is she was just lounging around her home, camo pants and a white tank top, but the top do show off her body yes.)

(OOC 2: We are not in lock down no but there are restrictions but yes I guess I am lucky to have someone I want to visit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:51 am

Anja's Post:

'Laters.' she'll mutter, using all her weight to pin the woman down, then promptly delivering a shock to knock her out.

[Attempting 'Shocking Touch'.]

[How much damage is Nick carting about now?]

[More 'the people I'd like to visit are elsewhere and the people I could visit I don't really desire to'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 am

Anja wrote:"Yeah I found that ability to be most useful, solidifying Quintessence into Tass I mean."
The Keeper replied.
Colin nodded, "Indeed; I look forward to figuring out that one, but for now, well... my grasp of magic is broader than it is deep, and that gives me a bit more insight into the interconnectedness of everything. A fairly steady hand at manipulating things, not yet so good at directly creating or destroying..."

Anja wrote:Tali nodded.
"If my Labyrinth is treated well I do not see much of a chance that I will return as a ghost, I have no regrets but yes if I where to become a ghost I would likely become a protector of this Labyrinth, and yes I would want to be left here after I am dead yes, preferably feed my body to one of the maws and my body with nourish my Labyrinth."
The Nephanda confirmed a odd calm about her own forthcoming death in her eyes.
He nodded, "I rather suspected that would be the case... I'll make sure of it. I promise."
He paused for a moment, "Like a ship's Handler, you couldn't very easily leave, even if you wanted to, could you?"

Anja wrote:"But what if they harm my husband and the others more before we get to them?"
Amber Rose protested a note of desperation in her voice then she drew a deep breath and sigh.
"I know you are right but even so...I want my husband back."
He shook his head, "With a rigged battlefield, we can take out the Komu. But this group doesn't have the strength to be reasonably certain of victory against four of the Labyrinth's strongest pawns, especially when that includes a Pain spirit and someone who can kill by touch. So we wait until we can get some assistance for that strike, and hope the pawns aren't cruel and stupid enough to harm the captives further."

Anja wrote:"Yeah she have little tunnels and openings everywhere."
Tali confirmed then she nodded.
"Let me know when you want me to rise the temperature again...oh and one more thing by the way...the Komu, she have an egg sack, she will protect it with her life and if the cold kills her offspring she will be rather pissed....very very pissed, the egg sack is in her chamber."
He frowned, "Well, I guess she's not going to be happy, then... Hum, if the eggs survive, I wonder if an Ananasi could be persuaded to adopt them? Probably not, but... well, we'll see."

((OOC: Nick's getting a shirt with "Once the Corona is over, I still want you to stay two meters away", perhaps? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:49 am

Colin nodded, "Indeed; I look forward to figuring out that one, but for now, well... my grasp of magic is broader than it is deep, and that gives me a bit more insight into the interconnectedness of everything. A fairly steady hand at manipulating things, not yet so good at directly creating or destroying..."

"Well you seam to be very talented."
Tali said with a smile.
"And rather inventive."

He nodded, "I rather suspected that would be the case... I'll make sure of it. I promise."
He paused for a moment, "Like a ship's Handler, you couldn't very easily leave, even if you wanted to, could you?"

"I appreciate it, this is where I belong."
The Keeper said then she sigh and shook her head.
"No...I am tied mind and soul to the Labyrinth, I can not leave it for long periods of time."
She explained.
"I am not sure what would happen if I did but I do not think it would be good."

He shook his head, "With a rigged battlefield, we can take out the Komu. But this group doesn't have the strength to be reasonably certain of victory against four of the Labyrinth's strongest pawns, especially when that includes a Pain spirit and someone who can kill by touch. So we wait until we can get some assistance for that strike, and hope the pawns aren't cruel and stupid enough to harm the captives further."

"That is a rather flimsy hope they are Nephandi."
Amber Rose said with a concerned frown.
"But I do see the wisdom of it, however I want my husband back Mr Wainwright, and I do not want him further hurt."

He frowned, "Well, I guess she's not going to be happy, then... Hum, if the eggs survive, I wonder if an Ananasi could be persuaded to adopt them? Probably not, but... well, we'll see."

"It is hard to say, perhaps other Ananasi will see the Komu's offspring as enemies or perhaps they will see them as young Ananasi...or perhaps the offspring is not...eggs at all but something different who can tell, all I can see with an eye is the egg sack, and some weeks ago the Komu was screaming in pain all night and then went out hunting for blood."
The Keeper replied.
"We should get going soon then I believe, no need to tarry."
Darrian muttered.
"And let us hope there are not to many surprises in that egg sack."

'Laters.' she'll mutter, using all her weight to pin the woman down, then promptly delivering a shock to knock her out.

You released an electrical charge and the pawn grunted in pain and then went limp, being unconscious. Around you the fight had died down, the tree woman was screaming as Amadeus seamed to be sucking the life right out of her, he had his hand on her arm and she was just screaming, all the other enemies seamed to be either dead or on the floor.

(OOC: 10 bashing so Nicole is feeling rather tender. I believe she was healed from earlier wounds by one of the healers earlier.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Anja wrote:"Well you seam to be very talented."
Tali said with a smile.
"And rather inventive."
Colin grinned, "My Avatar has a very... diverse background; there's a great deal of good counsel from that. It was, for example, how I learned how to travel by eyeball..."

Anja wrote:"I appreciate it, this is where I belong."
The Keeper said then she sigh and shook her head.
"No...I am tied mind and soul to the Labyrinth, I can not leave it for long periods of time."
She explained.
"I am not sure what would happen if I did but I do not think it would be good."
He nodded, "At a guess, confusion, disorientation, distraction and a deep urge to return here, as well as some physical or psychosomatic pains from the separation... I have something of an affinity for connections; yours is deep enough to create physical symptoms, I should think."

Anja wrote:"That is a rather flimsy hope they are Nephandi."
Amber Rose said with a concerned frown.
"But I do see the wisdom of it, however I want my husband back Mr Wainwright, and I do not want him further hurt."
He shrugged, "I do not believe they would throw away their figurative bargaining chips at a whim, if they realize something is going on. More likely, with their standing, they'll try to use the prisoners as hostages to barter for their own freedom, rather than kill them out of spite or malice."

Anja wrote:"It is hard to say, perhaps other Ananasi will see the Komu's offspring as enemies or perhaps they will see them as young Ananasi...or perhaps the offspring is not...eggs at all but something different who can tell, all I can see with an eye is the egg sack, and some weeks ago the Komu was screaming in pain all night and then went out hunting for blood."
The Keeper replied.
"We should get going soon then I believe, no need to tarry."
Darrian muttered.
"And let us hope there are not to many surprises in that egg sack."
He frowned, "...The Komu's not an Infernalist, by any chance, is she? That... sounds unsettlingly like Jodelle's situation, when she was alive..."

He shook his head and gestured for Darrian and Gray, "Alright, this will be a little unpleasant, but we'll take the shortcut... Master Haagen, do you have some handy pesticide in your repertoire, that you can mix on the way to the nearest eyeball?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Helena did not have the time for much consideration so she simply nodded.
"Yes please do that Mr Yager."
She told you.
"I do not want to intrude on the sleepers but it is safer for them if they do not remember."

"Yaaaayyy. I get to pull this one out again." Serge said with a less than pleased voice, as he put in the last parts of drawing.

It was a drawing of an ordinary nuclear family, relaxing soundly in their living room. A window could be seen in the picture through which a burning hellscape of epic proportions was clearly visible to the family. However the family did not seem to care.

Why should they after all? Whatever was going on outside was none of their concerns. And better to live in ignorance than risk the livelihoods of those close to them.

Serge took these negative emotions of selfishness and apathy and poured them into his drawing, releasing them out into the world to all those who had noticed the fighting that had played out only moments ago.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Corr 3 + Entropy 1 effect. Same spell Serge did when an explosion brought notice to Steelhaven. Causing everyone in the immediate area who heard, saw, or in some way noticed the fighting to simply ignore and forget what they had noticed. Mind 3 helps with the forgetting. Corr 3 affect a large space. Entropy 1 helps find those who were the likeliest to have noticed the fighting.

Arete Roll:  7, 8, 9, 4 - 2, 8, 3, 10 - 9, 7, 4, 6 - 7, 8, 5, 1 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Colin grinned, "My Avatar has a very... diverse background; there's a great deal of good counsel from that. It was, for example, how I learned how to travel by eyeball..."

"You knew about eyeball travel from your Avatar? But you are not Fallen are you?"
Tali asked sounding confused.

He nodded, "At a guess, confusion, disorientation, distraction and a deep urge to return here, as well as some physical or psychosomatic pains from the separation... I have something of an affinity for connections; yours is deep enough to create physical symptoms, I should think."

"I have never tested it, I have not left the Labyrinth since I took over as his Keeper, but I suspect you are right Traditionalist and that it would be very uncomfortable, also I have no desire to leave, I just want to be with my Labyrinth."
The Keeper declared.

He shrugged, "I do not believe they would throw away their figurative bargaining chips at a whim, if they realize something is going on. More likely, with their standing, they'll try to use the prisoners as hostages to barter for their own freedom, rather than kill them out of spite or malice."

"I don't know Mr Wainwright after all the Nephandi have not used the prisoners as bargaining chips thus far, why should they start doing it?"
Amber Rose asked anxiously.
"Who knows how such monsters think."

He frowned, "...The Komu's not an Infernalist, by any chance, is she? That... sounds unsettlingly like Jodelle's situation, when she was alive..."

"I guess it depend on how you look at it, wercreatures and in particulary Ananasi are very religious, Komu have forsaken Queen Ananasa and instead serve the Wyrm himself and some of his most powerful spirits, and the spirits they serve grant them their powers, that is similar to an Infernalist, but she is not bound to an Outsider Thing or some sort of demon that I know of."
Tali replied.

He shook his head and gestured for Darrian and Gray, "Alright, this will be a little unpleasant, but we'll take the shortcut... Master Haagen, do you have some handy pesticide in your repertoire, that you can mix on the way to the nearest eyeball?"

"Oh wonderful, traveling by eyeball."
Gray replied with a frown but he followed along.
"Not pesticides directly but I have poisons."
Darrian said and he pulled some bottles from his coat.
"The eyeball out in the hallway?"

[Steelhaven 3]

Yaaaayyy. I get to pull this one out again." Serge said with a less than pleased voice, as he put in the last parts of drawing.

It was a drawing of an ordinary nuclear family, relaxing soundly in their living room. A window could be seen in the picture through which a burning hellscape of epic proportions was clearly visible to the family. However the family did not seem to care.

Why should they after all? Whatever was going on outside was none of their concerns. And better to live in ignorance than risk the livelihoods of those close to them.

Serge took these negative emotions of selfishness and apathy and poured them into his drawing, releasing them out into the world to all those who had noticed the fighting that had played out only moments ago.

You felt several minds touched by your spell and then those minds withdrew as the curious sleepers went back to their beds, not caring about the fantastic things they had just seen outside of their windows, after all it was probably just a dream and nothing to be concerned about.
"Thank you."
Helena said as she prepared to cast another spell to get at the last remaining man in the car as the man in the cage continued to try to get out.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next