Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 am

[Labyrinth 3 30]

"Yes we can do that but again if the gas is magickal, it will be detected by the wards and likely the vampire's shadow magic as well unless we can find a breanch int he wards themselves."
Tali informed you.

"There's got to be some way to apply this without totally tripping the wards. Is there a way to see if we can find a soft spot?"

There took a few moments longer then Anna started stirring. She opened her eyes and gave a slight groan.
"Well...shit..."
She muttered then on seeing Adley she grabbed her head and grunted.
"Oh hi...Mr Roth Hicks...ehm...I felt the pressence of a Aswadim...the power it...well shit...just wow but also shit...are we about to all die or did the Oracle leave again?"
She muttered still a bit confused.

"Careful, are you okay? Dizzy? You fainted and I'm worried you hurt yourself. Not sure about the Oracle situation, but we're not dead yet, so there's that."

// yes, in game it's the same day. But Nic also hated him before this, honestly. Also, you did just double down on things. No one thought that the time-rp would fix everything like a Saturday morning cartoon, but it would be something to happen that wasn't them arguing, an opportunity to do something together and it would have been a break before this scene, in retrospect. As for stubbornly clinging, maybe consider not doing things that will make situations worse, and take opportunities to change things until  there is time to unpack it.

Adley has had plenty of growth and development, that is sort of the point of the game, so I hope there's lots more. Yours is the only character that he hasn't had one single decent interaction with aside from Colin's mandated hockey rp. As well, he does have empathy in a general sense even if it's not racked up in stats. He's human and if he has the opportunity to build repor then he can feel things for people. If it weren't the case then several lines of RP would never have gotten anywhere.  Extra question irrelevant, he trusts Colin. But, aside from that, Nic is his cabalmate and as such he's responsible for her and her actions have consequences. Said vampire and cabalmate are not in the same zone. And, Adley's not off the deep end, if he was there would be a lot more things on fire.

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 am

[Talking with Lord Steel the Duke of Hate]

Colin nodded, "The question being how much speculation she presents, and how much she presents as incontrovertible proof. Regardless, I'll be having a chat with Master Adimari on my upcoming trip to Horizon in any case; this'll just be one added topic. Though I'll let her know as soon as possible, too, in case departure is delayed further."

"I would recomend giving your advocate a call before your trip to Horizon unless you leave tomorrow morning Mr Wainwright remember Quesitor'Angelo would like nothing but to pin something on you and you have to assume she will hear of this event, even if there is just rumors she will go investigating."
Crexia warned.

He nodded, "I don't know if it will help... but that lance was vicious, I would not rule out it deliberately leaving fragments in the wound for added pain."

"You may be right Mr Wainwright I will see what I can do."
Jeffry said and he headed over to where Amadeus was tending to Mara and he knelt down to see if he could get any residue out of her wound with a deep frown on his face at the large woman's condition, Mara was weak and despite the efforts of Amadeus getting weaker.

He nodded, "She fought... cleverly; tried to seize control of one of my companions who helped with that summoning. He's... a bit traumatized by it, I've called on a friend to attend him for his plans to drink himself into oblivion tonight."

Crexia nodded at that.
"It is good the man who was possessed will get help, I can see how that will traumatized."
She agreed while she kept careful watch of the area so nothing could jump the group while Mara was being tended to.
"As for drinking himself into oblivion...well that can be healthy enough as long as it is a rare occurance."

He took a slight bow, willing a bit of disruptive and primal energy into the syringe he held, to wield as a weapon against the troublesome specter, "As my girlfriend - from whom your foul plague that we destroyed earlier was made - occasionally sings, 'Look at me still talking when there's science to do, when I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you...' and unlike you, I am still alive. And I mean to stay so for some time, you Victorian abomination."

Jace just looked at you he did not seam very concerned and nor did he fight back. Once you stabbed him he cried out in pain. Crexia's fingers quickly completed the design she was embroidering and then with another scream Wallace Jace's form sort of just dissolved and he was no more.
"I can feel that he is gone and yet that was to easy what do you want to bet the foul creature have some sort of contengincy plan for this?"
Jeffry asked with a slgiht frown.

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

I know...' she replied, half disbelieving, half because she did believe it and it saddened her somewhat.

Anna sigh and nodded.
"It is what it is Miss Bouchard, and remember I was a Nephandus once have had far worse than this."

(OOC: I think the problem Nicole is that it is hard for Adley and well most everyone OOC as well to understand her enormous reaction. It seams to me that in her world view a friend always are 100 percent in agreement with you and never ever speak up against you in any argument or they might as well just abandon you in combat and that to me seam tather extreme. I mean there is not a single one of my friend I do not have had disagreements with that do nto mean they are not friends. I have known Warp for years I do not agree with all of his opinions nor do he agree with all of what I think that do not mean we are nto friends. Someone who only agree with you in all things regardless is not a friend they are a sycophant. Look at it this way. I have a friend I started a MtG group with years ago, he have since moved away. Anyway I was at allmost every meet up, was active in arranging the meet up and so on. Well this friend also have another friend who is a complete and total asshole, basiclaly all who know him know he is moody and just suddenly hate someone. He had decided he hated me and eventually this lead to an argument. Then my friend's friend who had been at the MtG game nights all of two times tried to get my friend to push me out of the group, and at first my friend agreed because this asshole friend of him was the kind that demanded total and complete loyalty even if my friend said he clearly saw how his friend had just decided to pick on me for no reason, it is somethign he did and I just eventyally lost my temper and told him to go fuck himself after a long time of bandgering, he was clearly in the wrong but his friend demanded total and complete agreement in all things. The rest of the group intervwned and said you know what this is not ok, Anja have helped form the group, take part of just about every meeting and this friend of you was a bully to her, also she have not taken a private argument into the group and demanded this guy not come to the meet ups, so excluding Anja is not ok, my friend eventually relented and told his friend he was being unresonable but yeah, that episode is what complete loyalty no matter what even when you think your friend is wrong sound like to me.)

(OOC 2: What can I say constructs deserve freedom as well.)

(OOC 3: Lol at nom combatants. Nom nom.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:40 am

[Labyrinth 3 30]

"There's got to be some way to apply this without totally tripping the wards. Is there a way to see if we can find a soft spot?"

"Actually Sir, I might be able to wriggle a small hoel through the wards just enough to release something like gas."
Anna muttered.
"The wards are a bubble around the entire cell cection so just sliding something though might be hard."
Tali said.
"As for worming a hole through, yes that is possible if the girl is good."
"I am good...I am very good..."
"Hum...very well I might be able to help with that."

"Careful, are you okay? Dizzy? You fainted and I'm worried you hurt yourself. Not sure about the Oracle situation, but we're not dead yet, so there's that."

Anna sat up and slowly took a deep breath.
"Is my dad back yet? He is okey right?"
She asked sounding concerned.
"Also I am ok...I think I bumped my elbow going down it aches and I feel a bit dizzy but I think I am fine."
She muttered rubbing her left elbow and slowly flexing her arm.
"It is nto hurt though jsut aches a bit me thinks I am getting a buise...don't worry I can exploit that for ice cream."
The girl added with a sly grin she seamed rather concerned about the situation witht eh Aswadim though and she kept looking around nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:25 am

[Dealing with the Doctor]
Anja wrote:"I would recomend giving your advocate a call before your trip to Horizon unless you leave tomorrow morning Mr Wainwright remember Quesitor'Angelo would like nothing but to pin something on you and you have to assume she will hear of this event, even if there is just rumors she will go investigating."
Crexia warned.
Colin nodded, "Agreed; I hope the travel ban is resolved by morning, since the cybernetic plague is gone, but if not..."

Anja wrote:Crexia nodded at that.
"It is good the man who was possessed will get help, I can see how that will traumatized."
She agreed while she kept careful watch of the area so nothing could jump the group while Mara was being tended to.
"As for drinking himself into oblivion...well that can be healthy enough as long as it is a rare occurance."
He nodded, "I think he'll be fine. Given a good night's rest or three."

Anja wrote:Jace just looked at you he did not seam very concerned and nor did he fight back. Once you stabbed him he cried out in pain. Crexia's fingers quickly completed the design she was embroidering and then with another scream Wallace Jace's form sort of just dissolved and he was no more.
"I can feel that he is gone and yet that was to easy what do you want to bet the foul creature have some sort of contengincy plan for this?"
Jeffry asked with a slgiht frown.
He narrowed his eyes at where Jace had been, "That was much too easy... like he wouldn't have a contingency plan for this, but rather like he intended for this to happen..."
He frowned and looked to Crexia, "You're the expert on the subject - what do you make of this? Projection? Spectral replica? Some convoluted form of rebirth through his ghost's destruction?"
He paused and looked inward, closing his eyes to take a deep breath, 'Okay, Jace, I will admit, you are a far cleverer man than me, and I can't make out what you did, but your plan somehow relied on us destroying your ghost. So, what's the trick?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 am

Colin nodded, "Agreed; I hope the travel ban is resolved by morning, since the cybernetic plague is gone, but if not..."

"Yes hopefully the travel ban will be liftet, if not then you should still speak with Master Adimari about this to get atop of it before the D"Angelos do."
Crexia said in a concerned tone of voice.

He nodded, "I think he'll be fine. Given a good night's rest or three."

The archmage just nodded at that.

He narrowed his eyes at where Jace had been, "That was much too easy... like he wouldn't have a contingency plan for this, but rather like he intended for this to happen..."

"My thoughts exactly mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a bit of a frown.
"The question is what the man have planned rather than if he have somethign planned."

He frowned and looked to Crexia, "You're the expert on the subject - what do you make of this? Projection? Spectral replica? Some convoluted form of rebirth through his ghost's destruction?"

"No...this was his wraith and it was destroyed...I suspect he might have sent a copy of his conciousness to something, perhaps into a clone of some sort and he felt he no longer needed his ghost..."
The archmage said.
"I will see what I can find out..."

He paused and looked inward, closing his eyes to take a deep breath, 'Okay, Jace, I will admit, you are a far cleverer man than me, and I can't make out what you did, but your plan somehow relied on us destroying your ghost. So, what's the trick?'

You heard Wallace Jace chuckle inside of your soul.
"Well now why would I tell you that Traditionalist."
The soul shard said.
"That is for me to know and you to worry about."
He said and Mia scowled at the shard.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:10 pm

[Labyrinth Entry, 3.30]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to this, then looked around to see if the others were okay...

[#1: Nick doesn't hate Adley; just dislike. Subtle, but important. #2: Doubling down etc; kettle and pot time? #3: If 2 is a permanent answer there's nothing which can be done save throw self on floor saying 'oh I was completely wrong!'. #4: Great One, read her backstory (again). It's a litany of 'people who fucked her over and/or used her for own purposes'. Throw in Ratkin paranoia, result; trust issues. (Was actually thinking of making this part of PC development; that once she develops Mind 1 she can start 'scanning' people, and thus chills out a bit because she's got more 'prior warning' before being fucked over). #5: This isn't about 'wanting friend' (again!). It's about knowing that the other person will have her back when shit happens. I have 'friends' in RL to which I know when shit+fan happens they'd say 'oh, that's bad' but would bail if I actually asked for help, as well as another who I don't really like but feel would help. #6: 'Having your back' doesn't mean 'agree always'; an RL example could be with your union goes on strike - you voted against the action, but you walk out anyway because you 'don't ditch your work-mates'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 pm

[Labyrinth 3 30]

Tali was still on her knees in rapterous prayer in that horrible language of the Nephandi that sounded like a mix of metal being twisted and a cat being put in a mixer. Ryan was slowly recovering though he was still shaking and looked rather pale, all in all everyone seamed to be getting back on their feet.
"I am sending a message to Coven to see if he is ok."
Jon said.

Colin you got a message from Jon that said.
"Are you and the Masters Alive? Anna fainted but is awake now, Tali is praying like a nun in the Pope's beschamber and Ryan looks pretty shook up, what the fuck happened?"

(OOC: That Nicole have turst issues are perfectly understandable it is how those issues manifest that is hard for most of the rest of us to understand. All Adley did, ALL THAT HE DID was say say that Nicole handled the situation wrong, that yelling at a superior is illegal and a member of the Cabal doing something illegal could get them all in trouble and that could get Kyle, Anna and Bee in deep water, he said she should have done to Colin or one of the Masters with her gieviances, that is all. I fail to see how that is any way shape or form betraying Nicole, syaing hey you did wrong in this suation, not in having beef witht his guy but with how you handled the situation. How on earth do that indicate that he would screw her over that is what makes no sense. Yes he got a bit upset when her actions put his brother, his sister and his best friend's apprentice in serious danger when she could have gone to Colin or one of the Masters for help with Flavian, very few would consider that being unersonable.

Many characters have trust issues it can be a great way to have character development and Nicole not trusting her new Cabal yet and slowly learning to would be great but the sheer hostility she treats Adley with is what is the problem as at last to my eyes her reaction is a over reaction that go way beyond just not trusting easilly.

This is not going on a stirke to support a friend this is treating someone saying hey do not break the law that will have negative issues for the rest of us as well, talk with a superior and get help from them in dealing with this man.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:50 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

"Actually Sir, I might be able to wriggle a small hoel through the wards just enough to release something like gas."
Anna muttered.
"The wards are a bubble around the entire cell cection so just sliding something though might be hard."
Tali said.
"As for worming a hole through, yes that is possible if the girl is good."
"I am good...I am very good..."
"Hum...very well I might be able to help with that."

"Alright, what do you think you need to achieve that? Can we help, is the tass I gave you sufficient?"

Anna sat up and slowly took a deep breath.
"Is my dad back yet? He is okey right?"
She asked sounding concerned.
"Also I am ok...I think I bumped my elbow going down it aches and I feel a bit dizzy but I think I am fine."
She muttered rubbing her left elbow and slowly flexing her arm.
"It is nto hurt though jsut aches a bit me thinks I am getting a buise...don't worry I can exploit that for ice cream."

"He's not back yet, he still has work to do. I got word that he's onto the next thing...whatever flavor you want...once we're out of this mess and recovered. Let me know if you're okay to work, and if not be honest, please."

// She acts like she hates him, she can't even be basic polite or refrain from pushing his buttons in a battle. There's no kettle pot situation. If she treated Adley and situations differently he'd have a different opinion and a different response to her. He doesn't like rudeness and she's been rude, then a few choices she made that led him to his initial vote down on her. His initial one hasn't changed since her actions have only made that assessment stronger, which is not what he wanted to happen, for she was voted in by everyone else. There's a breadth of things that can be done that isn't prostrating herself, but this last scene was not favorable and he has reasons for why he feels and thinks the way he does about her. If you want things to change then stop adding fuel to the fire until the situation can be dealt with, at this point it's gone pretty far. If she can't even basic-trust him then that is not something Adley or an apology could solve. Apologies only mean anything anyway if there's change, if she doesn't think she did anything wrong then there's no point. As for the 'when shit happens' they are literally in shit that is happening, and even if she did something stupid that landed her in a dungeon he'd try to save her. He wouldn't bail on her. As for the social stuff, her approach is that of a hammer, and not everything is a nail. They've been trying to tell her using a  hammer all the time is making things worse for them.

As a warning, if she gets Mind1 and scans Adley without asking and he finds out he will see that as privacy breach. He's iffy on Mind magick due to past life trauma and also because it is one of the magicks that has consent issues built in. He's allowed Serge to use it on him because he asked him first and had a specific goal he wanted to achieve, and it still freaked him out a little even though he generally has had good interactions with him. It won't be illegal for her or anything, she's not in the Order, but he probably would find it disrespectful and it might make him find a way to occlude his thoughts all the time. Besides which it could confuse her. Imagine him being angry about something she did, and he'd still do his duty to her. But if all she does is do things that endanger the cabal, he's going to have an opinion about that too. And it's not because he personally hates her, or is angry with her, it is because he wants the cabal and his family to not be endangered. She is not the only one that matters in considering things - there is a balance in the needs of the many/needs of the few situations. That too is part of his duty. (Sidenote: Another aspect of the other RP in time was that she could have seen what Adley was like as a teen, before the order and his training took hold - she may have liked him better, in that he was less refined and raw with his emotions and less obviously traumatized).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:02 pm

[Steelhaven 3 30]

Anja wrote:You got up to the Infirmary again. Kira was still crying after her dream. Richard was tending to the girl. Miss White was checking on Bee but she came over to the young Cultist when she saw him.
"Mr Yager."
The hedge wizard said.
"Did you find Miss Mar and told her what Kira dreamed?"

"Yeah, she and the raid teams know about it now." Serge said with a nod, looking sadly at Kira. "With any luck it'll be dealt with quickly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

"Alright, what do you think you need to achieve that? Can we help, is the tass I gave you sufficient?"

"I think it should be enough, I just need to be able to concentrate for a little while, usually all I use for my magick are my hands and my voice."
Anna said with a smile.

"He's not back yet, he still has work to do. I got word that he's onto the next thing...whatever flavor you want...once we're out of this mess and recovered. Let me know if you're okay to work, and if not be honest, please."

"I just hope that my dad is okey."
Anna said then she sigh and nodded.
"Yeah i can work, I am not hurt and I was just overwealmed by the power of the Aswadim."
The apprentice said then she took a steadying breath and pulled a water bottle out of her bag and took a sip.
"I am ready when you want me to try slip a hole through the wards on the cells."

[Steelhaven 3 30]

"Yeah, she and the raid teams know about it now." Serge said with a nod, looking sadly at Kira. "With any luck it'll be dealt with quickly.

Richard nodded at that he was aboutt to say somethign but then your phone started ringing. Your cabalmate gave you a bit of a look as several of the patients stirred and whimpered scared by the sound. You saw it was Master Morgan calling you.

(OOC: Yes most mages would take offense at impromtu scans, even with something somple such as Mind 1 and many have personal shields and wards going and some of those can be quite hostile towards such magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, clearly agreeing while watching the eye-woman with a combination of confusion, disgust and perhaps a touch of fear...

[Okay, I get the message.]

[PM sent, Great One. Important.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:17 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

I think it should be enough, I just need to be able to concentrate for a little while, usually all I use for my magick are my hands and my voice."
Anna said with a smile.

"Is there a way to make this venture safer...redirect potential...repercussions, or mitigate them at all?"

"I just hope that my dad is okey."
Anna said then she sigh and nodded.

"So do I."

"Yeah i can work, I am not hurt and I was just overwealmed by the power of the Aswadim."
The apprentice said then she took a steadying breath and pulled a water bottle out of her bag and took a sip.
"I am ready when you want me to try slip a hole through the wards on the cells."

"Alright we need to be ready to take advantage of your work, get the gas into that room and seal the door," he said, more by way of organizing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 pm

[Steelhaven 3 30]

Anja wrote:Richard nodded at that he was aboutt to say somethign but then your phone started ringing. Your cabalmate gave you a bit of a look as several of the patients stirred and whimpered scared by the sound. You saw it was Master Morgan calling you.

"What! Why! Who uses phones to make calls nowadays?" Serge said, incredibly perplexed by the record number of call he had gotten.

He walked a small distance away from the other patients and answered the call, "Hello Master Morgan." he said simply.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:11 am

[Steelhaven 3 30]

"What! Why! Who uses phones to make calls nowadays?" Serge said, incredibly perplexed by the record number of call he had gotten.

Richard raised an eyebrow at that.
"Ehm...I make calls..."
He muttered.

He walked a small distance away from the other patients and answered the call, "Hello Master Morgan." he said simply.

Jeffry sounded deeply cocnerned, you heard Amadeus chanting in the background.
"Mr Yager I fear I must ask your aid, my Cabalmate Mara have been seriously injured. Mr Wainwright sugjested that one of your stories might keep her concious and alert and help keep her here while Amadeus works to heal her."
The old Hermetic said.
"Are you willing to help? I would be most grateful if you could aid Mara, she have taken a enchanted iron lance to the midsection I trust I do not need to explain to you how serious that is to one of her lineage?"

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

Nicole nodded to this, clearly agreeing while watching the eye-woman with a combination of confusion, disgust and perhaps a touch of fear...

Darrian glanced at Tali and met Nicole's look.
"That is...disturbing..."
He muttered.

"Is there a way to make this venture safer...redirect potential...repercussions, or mitigate them at all?"

"My own wards and protections might negate a backlash from the ward if it triggers, and I guess it is possible to redirect the effect if it triggers but that will not be easy Sir."
Anna said politely.
"Mostly the safest thing is to just not trigger the wards."
The girl added with a grin.

"So do I."

The young Orphan gave you a worried look and nodded.
"He have to be okey."
She muttered.

"Alright we need to be ready to take advantage of your work, get the gas into that room and seal the door," he said, more by way of organizing.

"I can teleport the gas in once there is an opening in their wards."
Jon offered.
"And then the rest of us should be ready by the eyeball so we can move out as soon as it is deployed."
Darrian said.
"I can have something ready to speed us up or slow down our enemies for when we move."
Ryan said he had recovered enough to talk.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 pm

[Steelhaven 3 30]

Anja wrote:Richard raised an eyebrow at that.
"Ehm...I make calls..."
He muttered.

"Shhhh. If any modern day kids hear that they'll die of shock." Serge said, mostly as an exaggerated joke though there was the slightest sliver of truths hidden within the statement.

Anja wrote:Jeffry sounded deeply cocnerned, you heard Amadeus chanting in the background.
"Mr Yager I fear I must ask your aid, my Cabalmate Mara have been seriously injured. Mr Wainwright suggested that one of your stories might keep her conscious and alert and help keep her here while Amadeus works to heal her."
The old Hermetic said.
"Are you willing to help? I would be most grateful if you could aid Mara, she have taken a enchanted iron lance to the midsection I trust I do not need to explain to you how serious that is to one of her lineage?"

"WHAT! YES! Of course I'll help!" Serge said, eyes widening in shock as he heard what happened. "Give her the phone! I'll try and make something on the spot."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:09 pm

[Steelhaven 3 30]

"But why would someone want to not hear another's voice but instead write little letters? Messages are useful for a quick well message, but not for more lengthy topics."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Thank you Mr Yager here I will hold the telephone to Mara' s ear now."
Jeffry said and there was a shuffle then you heard Mara whimper then she muttered.
"Hi..."
The Deaconess's voice was weak and full of pain.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

"My own wards and protections might negate a backlash from the ward if it triggers, and I guess it is possible to redirect the effect if it triggers but that will not be easy Sir."
Anna said politely.
"Mostly the safest thing is to just not trigger the wards."
The girl added with a grin.

"That would of course be best. Perhaps a little luck, if someone has entropy ars. We just need a tiny something..."

The young Orphan gave you a worried look and nodded.
"He have to be okey."
She muttered.

"Indeed, he owes me a lifetime supply of hair care..."

I can teleport the gas in once there is an opening in their wards."
Jon offered.
"And then the rest of us should be ready by the eyeball so we can move out as soon as it is deployed."
Darrian said.
"I can have something ready to speed us up or slow down our enemies for when we move."
Ryan said he had recovered enough to talk.

"Very well, when the gas goes through, the door to the room should be sealed off until the gas permeates enough to work and cut off escape. Those going in should take the antidote...or get it handy, can you take it before?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Anja wrote:Colin you got a message from Jon that said.
"Are you and the Masters Alive? Anna fainted but is awake now, Tali is praying like a nun in the Pope's beschamber and Ryan looks pretty shook up, what the fuck happened?"
Colin frowned, then typed back, 'An Oracle - not ours - looked in on matters. The Meajin Incarna left peacefully. Try shaking Tali gently to get her attention.'

Anja wrote:"My thoughts exactly mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a bit of a frown.
"The question is what the man have planned rather than if he have somethign planned."
He nodded thoughtfully, "We'll have to work out how to find out... Hmmm..."

Anja wrote:"No...this was his wraith and it was destroyed...I suspect he might have sent a copy of his conciousness to something, perhaps into a clone of some sort and he felt he no longer needed his ghost..."
The archmage said.
"I will see what I can find out..."
He frowned, "Too bloody clever by half... excellent planner, but sloppy in execution."

Anja wrote:You heard Wallace Jace chuckle inside of your soul.
"Well now why would I tell you that Traditionalist."
The soul shard said.
"That is for me to know and you to worry about."
He said and Mia scowled at the shard.
He frowned and, focusing his entire attention on Jace, jammed his hand into the bag of sand, seeking to serve as a conduit between the ephemeral crystals and the little remaining bit of Wallace Jace, "Perhaps this will persuade you..."

((OOC: Pleh, woke up with a head cold today. Hate those. Eat away all my energy. -_- Also, I wonder how many Fallen individuals in Boston just got caught red-handed praying at Irik's brief presence? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:54 pm

[Labyrinth Entry 3.30]

"That would of course be best. Perhaps a little luck, if someone has entropy ars. We just need a tiny something..."

"I study a bit of Entropy Sir."
Anna said.
"I can help with Entropy as well, you needed someone to generate luck?"
Gray asked.
"I can do that."

"Indeed, he owes me a lifetime supply of hair care..."

"Yeah I fear I will be gray haired before I reach twenty."
The young Orphan said with a chudkle.
"But dad do get things done, so we have to trust him Sir."

"Very well, when the gas goes through, the door to the room should be sealed off until the gas permeates enough to work and cut off escape. Those going in should take the antidote...or get it handy, can you take it before?"

"The antidote will last for a little while, twenty minutes at least so yes."
Darrian said and he started passing the small bottle around.
"Two drops under the tounge."
He instructed.
"And then I create luck, Miss Wainwright work on the wards and Mr Sherman teleport the gas in, Tali then seal things of and we move in?"
Gray asked to see if he got the plan.
"On your word then Sir...we sould be about ready."
Anna said and she flexed her plump fingers and took another sip of her water bottle.
"I am ready to go."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Colin frowned, then typed back, 'An Oracle - not ours - looked in on matters. The Meajin Incarna left peacefully. Try shaking Tali gently to get her attention.'

You got a reply back that said.
"Ok but you are ok Colin?"
From Jon, to the room he said.
"Colin says he is ok, there was an Oracle but it is gone, he reccoment one of us talking gently to the Keeper to calm her downa nd bring her back to us."

He nodded thoughtfully, "We'll have to work out how to find out... Hmmm..."

"Indeed so...can you talk with the Shard from Jace's Avatar that is part of your soul Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked.

He frowned, "Too bloody clever by half... excellent planner, but sloppy in execution."

The shard just shrugged at that.
"Things have not always gone as planned."
It said simply.

He frowned and, focusing his entire attention on Jace, jammed his hand into the bag of sand, seeking to serve as a conduit between the ephemeral crystals and the little remaining bit of Wallace Jace, "Perhaps this will persuade you..."

You jammed your hand into the sand and the soul shard screamed but then again you felt pain rip through you from that shard, and the other Fallen shard nearby that was affected it was hard to target only one, you where wrecked with agony and felt like if you where burning form the inside but there was no flames, as if shards of your soul was ripped out and flensed, it was nto comfortable to put it like that. You hurt Jace's shard but you hurt yourself as well.

(OOC: I hope you feel better. Poor Colin however do not, please roll Willpower if you want him to remain standing and functional, diff 8 that hurt focusing the sand on Jace like that his shard is a part of Mia after all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:21 am

Anja wrote:You got a reply back that said.
"Ok but you are ok Colin?"
From Jon, to the room he said.
"Colin says he is ok, there was an Oracle but it is gone, he reccoment one of us talking gently to the Keeper to calm her downa nd bring her back to us."
Colin typed back, 'I've not even been touched. Tell Anna and Adley not to worry, the Incarna never laid a finger on me.'

Anja wrote:"Indeed so...can you talk with the Shard from Jace's Avatar that is part of your soul Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked.
He sighed, "Talk, yes... Get a straight answer, that's the problem."

Anja wrote:You jammed your hand into the sand and the soul shard screamed but then again you felt pain rip through you from that shard, and the other Fallen shard nearby that was affected it was hard to target only one, you where wrecked with agony and felt like if you where burning form the inside but there was no flames, as if shards of your soul was ripped out and flensed, it was nto comfortable to put it like that. You hurt Jace's shard but you hurt yourself as well.
((OOC: Willpower roll: 1,2,4,4,6,9,0... Owie, but he made it. Barely enough.))
He groaned softly as he shook the sand off his hand, wiping the residue off with the lip of the bag, his interior voice somewhat hoarse and gravelly with pain as he thought to the Avatar fragment, 'That was indeed unpleasant. I am sorry, Mia... Now, Wallace, would you like to tell me all about what you had cooked up in advance, or shall I do that again?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:20 am

Colin typed back, 'I've not even been touched. Tell Anna and Adley not to worry, the Incarna never laid a finger on me.'

"I will do so stay safe my friend."
Jon said then he said out in the room.
"Colin says to say he have not been touched he is completely fine."
Anna drew a sigh of relief at that.
"Thank you Sir...that is good tell him to be careful."
Jon nodded.
"I have already done that kid."

He sighed, "Talk, yes... Get a straight answer, that's the problem."

"Yes I guess that is always the problem."
Crexia said with a frown.
"Can you make him talk streight?"

He groaned softly as he shook the sand off his hand, wiping the residue off with the lip of the bag, his interior voice somewhat hoarse and gravelly with pain as he thought to the Avatar fragment, 'That was indeed unpleasant. I am sorry, Mia... Now, Wallace, would you like to tell me all about what you had cooked up in advance, or shall I do that again?'

Crexia gave you a concerned look but she said nothing. Mia grunted.
"It is okey, when you target a Fallen shard though I can not protect it from the sand."
Jace chuckle through his pain.
"Unplesant indeed, but my good man do you really think I am motivated by the avoidence of pain, who do you think will break first?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes I guess that is always the problem."
Crexia said with a frown.
"Can you make him talk streight?"
Colin shrugged, "I don't know. But I will try. He tried to intimidate me, and failed badly; perhaps I can succeed at forcing him instead..."

Anja wrote:Crexia gave you a concerned look but she said nothing. Mia grunted.
"It is okey, when you target a Fallen shard though I can not protect it from the sand."
Jace chuckle through his pain.
"Unplesant indeed, but my good man do you really think I am motivated by the avoidence of pain, who do you think will break first?"
He grinned darkly, 'If it were just you and I, Wallace, I would probably say I would break first. But here's the thing - it's not just the two of us. It is all of us in here... Me, you, Mia, and all the remnants of Avatars that reside with me. I heard the screams of others in there, too... you know there's enough steel in me to do that again, if I have too, just like every fragment with me does. How well do you think you can resist that kind of peer pressure?'

((OOC: Manipulation+Intimidation, I think? 1,3,4,9,9... Eh, a success is a success. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Colin shrugged, "I don't know. But I will try. He tried to intimidate me, and failed badly; perhaps I can succeed at forcing him instead..."

Crexia nodded.
"Good, do your best Mr Wainwright we need to know what Jace have done so we can finally get him and eradicate him for good."

He grinned darkly, 'If it were just you and I, Wallace, I would probably say I would break first. But here's the thing - it's not just the two of us. It is all of us in here... Me, you, Mia, and all the remnants of Avatars that reside with me. I heard the screams of others in there, too... you know there's enough steel in me to do that again, if I have too, just like every fragment with me does. How well do you think you can resist that kind of peer pressure?'

I am part of this shard cluster Traditionalist, and yet I do have free will you will find I can resist peer pressure pretty well. I think it is more likely you would not want to torture the toher shards...like dear Cotta here, just to get me."
Jace's soul shard said with confidence. From Cotta's shard you heard.
"Do it get the bastard do not worry about me!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 pm

Anja wrote:I am part of this shard cluster Traditionalist, and yet I do have free will you will find I can resist peer pressure pretty well. I think it is more likely you would not want to torture the toher shards...like dear Cotta here, just to get me."
Jace's soul shard said with confidence. From Cotta's shard you heard.
"Do it get the bastard do not worry about me!"
Colin chuckled darkly, "Did you hear that, Wallace? They're willing to take it, too, just to beat the crap out of you. Seems the Fallen shards aren't willing to let your actions bring about the corrupted Static endgame that Moloch would create."
He then jammed his hand back into the sand, focusing all his attention on Jace's fragment, only letting go when the pain became too much to bear.

((OOC: So another Willpower roll? 1,2,2,5,7,8,9. By the skin of his teeth... Razz Owie.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next