Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 16 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:43 pm

[Boston, 9.30]

Anja's Post:

'Agreed. We'll nail down the little details closer at the time.' Nicole replied. 'Well, I'll let you get on with getting ready... and thanks.'

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja's Post:

'Not sure he officially approves of anything, sir. Though what was he gonna really expect - it's been made crystal we're not wanted and that bill's gonna be painful when it comes in.'

Anja's Post:

With a tiny smirk, Nicole held up a gloved hand, with the piece of paper with the contact details on it wedged between two fingers.

[While we're in a slight lull, Great One; could you look at my question?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 16 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:00 pm

[Boston, 9.30]

Agreed. We'll nail down the little details closer at the time.' Nicole replied. 'Well, I'll let you get on with getting ready... and thanks.'

"Indeed we can do so, I will contact your doctor as soon as you send me that number."
The other Etherite said.
"Not a problem and I will see you soon Miss Bouchard."
She added and she waited to see if her fellow Etherite had something to add before hanging up on the call.

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Not sure he officially approves of anything, sir. Though what was he gonna really expect - it's been made crystal we're not wanted and that bill's gonna be painful when it comes in.'

"He is indeed a most...difficult man to deal with Miss Bouchard fortunatly it is not the good Mr Kwan who decides if we contact a group of linear mages or not."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"Though he might not approve indeed."

With a tiny smirk, Nicole held up a gloved hand, with the piece of paper with the contact details on it wedged between two fingers.

"Ah good...good I will contact this group then and see if we can make an arrangent, good work Miss Bouchard."
The Chief said and he held out his hand for the note.

(OOC: Oh I had missed that there was a question I will go an hav a look at it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:51 pm

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Nicole wrote:'You do jewellery, like. Surely you could come up with some shit to put on my face. Or other parts.'
Colin shrugged, "I've actually designed a couple of pieces for you, but only for your ears... No-one, least of all you nor I, would be happy if I made assumptions or covert investigations regarding your other... 'parts', hmm? A discussion for a less crowded room, wouldn't you say?"

Jeremy wrote:"Actually, that's wrong. Nicole would get a gift card. Cause the moment she tries to make me run 4k I'll shoot myself in the foot." Serge said with a chuckle. "I cannot stand running just for the sake of running. Doing laps at school was the worst."
Anja wrote:"Not a problem Mr Yager I can just heal your foot and you would be good to go agian in a few moments."
Amadeus chimed in with a chuckle.
Nicole wrote:'Running in the knowledge that there will be at least one time where literally, your ability to run will equal living or dying?' arching an eyebrow at the Estatic.
Anja wrote:"Like when you have to run from a genetically altered saber tooth tiger with steel claws and eyes that shoot heat beams...it happens suprisingly often."
Fran chimed in with a shrug as if what she said was perfectly normal.
He smiled wryly at Serge, "You never know, you just might find that regular running will help build up stamina for working on art projects, too. Being chased by cybernetic monstrosities notwithstanding."

Jeremy wrote:"W-well." Serge stumbled flinching slightly at his cabal leader's rather direct and very accurate description of his day to day life. "That's not busy. That's just passing time. Anyways yeah I'm good for Saturday."
He chuckled, "Ah, well, alas, I will probably be recuperating in France at that time, so I will unfortunately miss the occasion... I trust there'll be a neat report back on your readiness to learn, though."

Anja wrote:"I head of someone who was given the choice between being undone and working to protect a park where Old Man Wrinkle likes to feed pidgions."
Henrietta said.
"Only a rumor but some say he can be negotiated with, thankfully though I do not need to deal with such spirits."
The Hollower said and Jon nodded.
"Well I am pretty much desperate so I am willing to give it a try."
The Virtual Adept gave a nervous chuckle at that.
He nodded, "It sounds a bit unusual, merely protecting a park... If I were to speculate, there's some future significance to the park's continued existence, not just that he likes feeding the pigeons there. But in his own words, he is far more concerned with the integrity of Time than punishing Mages who get a little... fresh with his domain. He's nevertheless one of, if not the most dangerously powerful individual I've met. And the past couple of months have been..."
He started counting on his fingers and frowned, "Well... the less said, the better..."

((OOC: Nah, Colin's not got anything further to add to the briefing.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin shrugged, "I've actually designed a couple of pieces for you, but only for your ears... No-one, least of all you nor I, would be happy if I made assumptions or covert investigations regarding your other... 'parts', hmm? A discussion for a less crowded room, wouldn't you say?"

"You don't make nose rings or studs for one's lip or brow Mr Wainwright?"
Henrietta asked.

He nodded, "It sounds a bit unusual, merely protecting a park... If I were to speculate, there's some future significance to the park's continued existence, not just that he likes feeding the pigeons there. But in his own words, he is far more concerned with the integrity of Time than punishing Mages who get a little... fresh with his domain. He's nevertheless one of, if not the most dangerously powerful individual I've met. And the past couple of months have been..."
He started counting on his fingers and frowned, "Well... the less said, the better..."

"Well let us find out if this spirit...can help me."
Jon said with a bit of a shudder.
"Ok talking with a Paradox Spirit...no big deal...ehm hehehe...ok back to the mission."
He said with a nervous chuckle.

Jeffry looked around the gathered magi.
"Are we ready to go then Sodalis and others? Or is there any other preperations that needs doing?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:38 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja wrote:"Not a problem Mr Yager I can just heal your foot and you would be good to go agian in a few moments."
Amadeus chimed in with a chuckle.
Nicole wrote:'Running in the knowledge that there will be at least one time where literally, your ability to run will equal living or dying?' arching an eyebrow at the Estatic.

"I mean, I can teleport. And that's a hell of a lot easier to learn and to do. Have fun trying to outrun that." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Like when you have to run from a genetically altered saber tooth tiger with steel claws and eyes that shoot heat beams...it happens suprisingly often."
Fran chimed in with a shrug as if what she said was perfectly normal.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly at Serge, "You never know, you just might find that regular running will help build up stamina for working on art projects, too. Being chased by cybernetic monstrosities notwithstanding."

"What! That's never happened to me. I haven't even been chased by Hit Mark let alone a cyber tech saber tooth. That'd be awesome. That'd be an actual cool reason to run. So that our chase would look amazing." Serge said staring dreamily off into the distance, clearly imagining what such a beast would look like.

Anja wrote:He chuckled, "Ah, well, alas, I will probably be recuperating in France at that time, so I will unfortunately miss the occasion... I trust there'll be a neat report back on your readiness to learn, though."

"Why are you gonna be in France? Craving some fancy cheese?"

Anja wrote:Jeffry looked around the gathered magi.
"Are we ready to go then Sodalis and others? Or is there any other preperations that needs doing?"

"I'm good to go." Serge announced.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:14 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

"I mean, I can teleport. And that's a hell of a lot easier to learn and to do. Have fun trying to outrun that." Serge said with a shrug

"And when someone counters your teleportation rote, not to mention when you getto much Paradox to risk doing that in public?"
Amadeus asked.
"Being resonably fit might save your life one day kid."

What! That's never happened to me. I haven't even been chased by Hit Mark let alone a cyber tech saber tooth. That'd be awesome. That'd be an actual cool reason to run. So that our chase would look amazing." Serge said staring dreamily off into the distance, clearly imagining what such a beast would look like.

"It is all fun and game to be chased by reanimated prehistoric cyborgs until one of them shoots you in the ass with it's lazer eyes."
Fran said with a giggle.
"I hope you never meet one or for that matter a HIT Mark kid."

"I'm good to go." Serge announced.

Jeffry nodded his approval at that.
"Good we should be off as soon as possible."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

Anja's Post:

'Oka... wait a sec. Just a quickie; what do you know about Prof Kwan in Seattle?' vaguely wondering if he was a man who was the type to hold grudges, and hoping if he was, they were in a field which she'd never have anything to do with.

[Briefing, 2.30]

My Post:

A short silence, as Nicole looked around the room, then gave a nod. 'Well, that seems to be all of it. Assume we'll meet up in the ritual room at fifteen-forty-five... wait. Are we going to need fake driving licences in Seattle? No damn point spending a half-hour planning all this, only to fail on something that boringly normal.'

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin's Post:

Nicole shrugged to this; a woman who's sense of decency was distinctly on the lax side. 'What are you, like a Puritan or something?' tone amusingly mocking.

Anja's Post:

Silently, the Etherite placed the slip of paper in the Chief's hand.

Serge's Post:

'And short. On the plus side, my chances of escape will increase.' Nicole mused.

Anja's Post:

'Still need to sort out who gets the other taser and pepper spray. Part from that, think we're ready. Oh, does everyone have the gear they need?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

'Oka... wait a sec. Just a quickie; what do you know about Prof Kwan in Seattle?' vaguely wondering if he was a man who was the type to hold grudges, and hoping if he was, they were in a field which she'd never have anything to do with.

"Not much at all. I have met Dr Kwan a few times at Tribunals but I would not say I know him well he seam to be rather...inflexible and set in his ways."
The doctor replied.
"Why was you asking?"

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Silently, the Etherite placed the slip of paper in the Chief's hand.

"Thank you Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said he looked at the note and pulled out his phone to call the hedge wizard Chantry and ask for their aid.

Still need to sort out who gets the other taser and pepper spray. Part from that, think we're ready. Oh, does everyone have the gear they need?'

"I can take the tazer."
Ryan said. Everyone needed that they had the gear they needed though.
"Hum...who want the pepper spray?"
Amadeus asked.
"It could be useful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:28 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

Anja's Post:

''Cos I bypassed his bureaucratic systems and then went over his head when he kept on stalling. Well, not me technically; following orders from above. But you know about messengers and shooting...'

'What's his field? And have I made an enemy for life?'

[Waiting for the others to reply to the other bits first]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:45 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

'Cos I bypassed his bureaucratic systems and then went over his head when he kept on stalling. Well, not me technically; following orders from above. But you know about messengers and shooting...'

'What's his field? And have I made an enemy for life?'

"I see, well since I have only ever talked with the man a couple of times and then only in passing I have little grounds to know how he would react to you bypassing his rigid routines. As for his field I believe it is something to do with light or energy, he seam to be good at tech that manipulate the spectrum of light, he had this device that measured connections between objects, and pepole using light last time I saw him, most interesting, though again I do not really know the man so I can not answer you in detail."
The Etherite said politely.
"If I was to guess he do nto care if you live or die and will consider you beneath his notice but that is only an educated guess."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 pm

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Nicole wrote:Nicole shrugged to this; a woman who's sense of decency was distinctly on the lax side. 'What are you, like a Puritan or something?' tone amusingly mocking.
Colin snickered, "I'd make a very bad puritan, indeed, plus, I don't have the name for it. But it's generally considered bad form, and quite illegal, to examine people for various body piercings in public."

Anja wrote:"You don't make nose rings or studs for one's lip or brow Mr Wainwright?"
Henrietta asked.
He shrugged, "Oh, I do, but i don't make them in advance, or keep them in stock; I've sold... eight in-house, over the past five years. Six of which were commissioned custom pieces. I'm afraid my shop just hasn't attracted that particular sort of clientele. Perhaps if I invested in establishing an online presence proper... but, I just haven't seen the budget to expand into that market; cost/risk/benefit analysis-wise. Perhaps when I get my Artisan's diploma."

Jeremy wrote:"What! That's never happened to me. I haven't even been chased by Hit Mark let alone a cyber tech saber tooth. That'd be awesome. That'd be an actual cool reason to run. So that our chase would look amazing." Serge said staring dreamily off into the distance, clearly imagining what such a beast would look like.
Anja wrote:"It is all fun and game to be chased by reanimated prehistoric cyborgs until one of them shoots you in the ass with it's lazer eyes."
Fran said with a giggle.
Nicole wrote:'And short. On the plus side, my chances of escape will increase.' Nicole mused.
He snickered, "You don't have to outrun the dragon, just the halfling? Or in this case, the Cultist? But yes, being in overall decent shape is going to be beneficial in all sorts of surprising ways, including helping you concentrate and keep working for longer periods at a time."

Jeremy wrote:"Why are you gonna be in France? Craving some fancy cheese?"
He smiled thinly, "I've been invited to bring Anna to spend the month there, visiting Mrs. Knox and her family, to recuperate from some... quite unpleasant injuries after the Horizon trip. Plus, I'll have the time to nip across the Channel and visit my parents for Christmas, too, as well as... take care of some other affairs while I'm in the area."

Anja wrote:"Well let us find out if this spirit...can help me."
Jon said with a bit of a shudder.
"Ok talking with a Paradox Spirit...no big deal...ehm hehehe...ok back to the mission."
He said with a nervous chuckle.

Jeffry looked around the gathered magi.
Nicole wrote:'Still need to sort out who gets the other taser and pepper spray. Part from that, think we're ready. Oh, does everyone have the gear they need?'
Anja wrote:"I can take the tazer."
Ryan said. Everyone needed that they had the gear they needed though.
"Hum...who want the pepper spray?"
Amadeus asked.
"It could be useful."
He nodded, "I'm ready, though if there's a spare canister of the pepper spray, I'll take one - they're the simple 'point away from face and fire' design, yes?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja wrote:"And when someone counters your teleportation rote, not to mention when you get to much Paradox to risk doing that in public?"
Amadeus asked.
"Being reasonably fit might save your life one day kid."
Anja wrote:"It is all fun and game to be chased by reanimated prehistoric cyborgs until one of them shoots you in the ass with it's lazer eyes."
Fran said with a giggle.
Nicole wrote:'And short. On the plus side, my chances of escape will increase.' Nicole mused.
Colin wrote:He snickered, "You don't have to outrun the dragon, just the halfling? Or in this case, the Cultist? But yes, being in overall decent shape is going to be beneficial in all sorts of surprising ways, including helping you concentrate and keep working for longer periods at a time."

"I'm pretty sure I'm taller than a lot of you. But I get it. Never said I wouldn't do it." Serge said. "Just wish you guys made it sound more interesting and less like a chore or homework or vegetables."

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I've been invited to bring Anna to spend the month there, visiting Mrs. Knox and her family, to recuperate from some... quite unpleasant injuries after the Horizon trip. Plus, I'll have the time to nip across the Channel and visit my parents for Christmas, too, as well as... take care of some other affairs while I'm in the area."

"That sounds nice. Christmas should always be spent with family. Bring me back a souvenir all right. And some cheese." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin snickered, "I'd make a very bad puritan, indeed, plus, I don't have the name for it. But it's generally considered bad form, and quite illegal, to examine people for various body piercings in public."

"There are body jewelery that are in places that is nto a problem to show in public you know Mr Wainwright, nose, lips, eyebrow, back of the neck, navel, tounge..."
Henerietta commented.

He shrugged, "Oh, I do, but i don't make them in advance, or keep them in stock; I've sold... eight in-house, over the past five years. Six of which were commissioned custom pieces. I'm afraid my shop just hasn't attracted that particular sort of clientele. Perhaps if I invested in establishing an online presence proper... but, I just haven't seen the budget to expand into that market; cost/risk/benefit analysis-wise. Perhaps when I get my Artisan's diploma."

"I recomend going for caps not the whole piece. I use a steel barbelle for my tounge but then I have all ort of end pieces I can screw on it."
Fran said.
"And one of those is made of silver."

He snickered, "You don't have to outrun the dragon, just the halfling? Or in this case, the Cultist? But yes, being in overall decent shape is going to be beneficial in all sorts of surprising ways, including helping you concentrate and keep working for longer periods at a time."

Several others nodded at this.

He nodded, "I'm ready, though if there's a spare canister of the pepper spray, I'll take one - they're the simple 'point away from face and fire' design, yes?"

"Yes just point and spray."
Fran said and she handed the last can to Colin.
"And don't eat it or let Serge eat it."

"I'm pretty sure I'm taller than a lot of you. But I get it. Never said I wouldn't do it." Serge said. "Just wish you guys made it sound more interesting and less like a chore or homework or vegetables."

"Not everyting can be all fun all the time Mr Yager."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow at the young Cultist.

(OOC: I am heading home to visit my mother today so I will be in a car for most of the day so I might reply slowly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:35 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Anja wrote:"There are body jewelery that are in places that is nto a problem to show in public you know Mr Wainwright, nose, lips, eyebrow, back of the neck, navel, tounge..."
Henerietta commented.
Colin nodded, "She did specify 'aside from her face', which rather limits the options for public display..."
He paused, "Back of the neck? That sounds... hm, impractical more than anything."

Anja wrote:"I recomend going for caps not the whole piece. I use a steel barbelle for my tounge but then I have all ort of end pieces I can screw on it."
Fran said.
"And one of those is made of silver."
He nodded, "Quite; there's just not been much call for it - but an online storefront might change that. Might."
He smirked, "Heh, perhaps I should inquire with Master Haagen about some Primium pieces like that. I suppose some Hermetics might find it unsettling to go up against someone with bits of Primium in their mouth and other not-so-obvious locations..."

Jeremy wrote:"I'm pretty sure I'm taller than a lot of you. But I get it. Never said I wouldn't do it." Serge said. "Just wish you guys made it sound more interesting and less like a chore or homework or vegetables."
Anja wrote:"Not everyting can be all fun all the time Mr Yager."
He grinned, "Oh, it's excitement you want for the morning runs? I'm sure we could convince Chief Morgan to set up a pocket realm with an obstacle course - in the spirit of Flambeau. Or we could go for the run out in the swamp. I'm sure Dr. Acevedo's pack would be all too happy to help motivate you with excitement. They really aren't fond of Mages getting too close to their Cairn, after all."

Jeremy wrote:"That sounds nice. Christmas should always be spent with family. Bring me back a souvenir all right. And some cheese." Serge said with a smile.
He chuckled, "Oh, you'll get a souvenir, alright... hm, what sort of cheese, though? Both England and France have long-standing traditions for cheesemaking, with quite the range of variation."

Anja wrote:"Yes just point and spray."
Fran said and she handed the last can to Colin.
"And don't eat it or let Serge eat it."
He grinned as he pocketed the little spray, "Keep away from pets and Cultists, is it? Not to worry, I don't find the stuff palatable, nor would I recommend eating it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:12 pm

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin nodded, "She did specify 'aside from her face', which rather limits the options for public display..."
He paused, "Back of the neck? That sounds... hm, impractical more than anything."

"Well there is the bellybutton as well. As for the back of the neck that can look amazing with a short hair style like a pixie cut or something upswept."
Fran said.
"Such piercings tend to not be permanent though the body will eventually push the barbell out."

He nodded, "Quite; there's just not been much call for it - but an online storefront might change that. Might."
He smirked, "Heh, perhaps I should inquire with Master Haagen about some Primium pieces like that. I suppose some Hermetics might find it unsettling to go up against someone with bits of Primium in their mouth and other not-so-obvious locations..."

"I would not really want to push a piece of Primium though my body, it would give some protection for magic but also make it harder to Willwork and also it would make it so much harder to heal a piercing hole one no longer want."
The Euthanathos said.

He grinned, "Oh, it's excitement you want for the morning runs? I'm sure we could convince Chief Morgan to set up a pocket realm with an obstacle course - in the spirit of Flambeau. Or we could go for the run out in the swamp. I'm sure Dr. Acevedo's pack would be all too happy to help motivate you with excitement. They really aren't fond of Mages getting too close to their Cairn, after all."

"Running with a pack of angry werewolves after you should be motivating indeed."
Ryan said and Jeffry shrugged.
"I am afraid that what Mr Yager need is to grow up a bit and realize not everything is or have to be fun, an obstacle course I would make would not be fun."

He grinned as he pocketed the little spray, "Keep away from pets and Cultists, is it? Not to worry, I don't find the stuff palatable, nor would I recommend eating it."

Fran grinned at that.
"It can get a bit to spicy eh Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

Anja's Post:

'Well, if he ain't got a second-hand reputation for being... difficult, might not be that bad.' Nicole mused. 'Well, thanks...' waiting to see if they had anything to add before ending the call.

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but that clashes with The Decline.' presumably referring to the tattoo on the neck of a hand holding a toy airplane.

Colin's Post:

'Nor will you, what with all that old-person crap in the window. It looks like you're the go-to guy to make boating trophies and candlesticks.' Nicole shot across the room in a sarcastic tone. 'Also, way too posh. Like each of your creations will cost five grand. And you'll drop your monocle if the likes of them came in.' While it was not intended as any form of business advice, the Etherite was a woman who owned several tray-boxes full of body jewellery...

Colin's Post:

'If you plan to aim toward face, please give me warning so I can film it.' she quipped, pulling on a leather glove onto her other hand. 'Now, anyone got anything to put in the crate before I close it up?'

[I know there's no actual description of Colin's store yet, but I couldn't resist.]

[Who got the second taser? Henrietta got one of them, if I remember right.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:43 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

'Well, if he ain't got a second-hand reputation for being... difficult, might not be that bad.' Nicole mused. 'Well, thanks...' waiting to see if they had anything to add before ending the call.

"Not as far as I know but like I said this is not a man I know much about."
The doctor said.
"Well have a good day then Miss Bouchard."
She added before the call ended.

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

'Yeah, but that clashes with The Decline.' presumably referring to the tattoo on the neck of a hand holding a toy airplane.

"Yeah true and it is not a very smart piercing as infection can spread to dangerous places fast, that did not stop me from getting one for my prom though, I had short hair at the time and it looked amazing, it only lasted for about three months before it was rejected though."
Fran said.
"But it was really cute with my short, blue striped hair at the time."

Nor will you, what with all that old-person crap in the window. It looks like you're the go-to guy to make boating trophies and candlesticks.' Nicole shot across the room in a sarcastic tone. 'Also, way too posh. Like each of your creations will cost five grand. And you'll drop your monocle if the likes of them came in.' While it was not intended as any form of business advice, the Etherite was a woman who owned several tray-boxes full of body jewellery...

"I have actually bought custom candle sticks from Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said.
"He made me a beat that can hold a chime between it's paws, I use it for rituals and to honor my fiance. I mean it was had made and is silver so it cost a bit but it was reasonably priced."

'If you plan to aim toward face, please give me warning so I can film it.' she quipped, pulling on a leather glove onto her other hand. 'Now, anyone got anything to put in the crate before I close it up?'

Everyone had already given up their phones so no one else had much to add. Jeffry nodded and he started chanting and drawing complex symbols in a sure, practice hand with chalk on the floor as he got ready to teleport the group to Seattle.

(OOC: Henrietta have one of the tazers yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Anja wrote:"Well there is the bellybutton as well. As for the back of the neck that can look amazing with a short hair style like a pixie cut or something upswept."
Fran said.
"Such piercings tend to not be permanent though the body will eventually push the barbell out."
Nicole wrote:'Yeah, but that clashes with The Decline.' presumably referring to the tattoo on the neck of a hand holding a toy airplane.
Anja wrote:"Yeah true and it is not a very smart piercing as infection can spread to dangerous places fast, that did not stop me from getting one for my prom though, I had short hair at the time and it looked amazing, it only lasted for about three months before it was rejected though."
Fran said.
"But it was really cute with my short, blue striped hair at the time."
Colin nodded, "Bellybutton rings, I've sold a couple of, but it's still not as though I would go looking for navel piercings. I will of course ask about gauge, if someone wishes to purchase such a piece, but I'm not going to speculate about where my prospective clients have been... punctured like that."

Nicole wrote:'Nor will you, what with all that old-person crap in the window. It looks like you're the go-to guy to make boating trophies and candlesticks.' Nicole shot across the room in a sarcastic tone. 'Also, way too posh. Like each of your creations will cost five grand. And you'll drop your monocle if the likes of them came in.' While it was not intended as any form of business advice, the Etherite was a woman who owned several tray-boxes full of body jewellery...
Anja wrote:"I have actually bought custom candle sticks from Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said.
"He made me a beat that can hold a chime between it's paws, I use it for rituals and to honor my fiance. I mean it was had made and is silver so it cost a bit but it was reasonably priced."
He smiled thinly, "Well... you're not wrong, the shop of a silversmith must maintain a certain... presentation. But I assure you, very few individual items in my shop would cost five grand - even as an Artisan, there's precious little market for that. Granted, a full sterling cutlery set can cost, oh, twenty-five thousand dollars, give or take, but that's a 56-piece set, for eight people. Single pieces at a four-digit price tend to be gold, with precious stones..."
He chuckled, "Tell you what, why don't you bring a few of your most blue-collar colleagues over to buy something? Miss Jones won't bat an eye, and she'll even provide quite the expert advice on styles. Even if the budget won't allow for more than a five-dollar lucky charm."

Anja wrote:"I would not really want to push a piece of Primium though my body, it would give some protection for magic but also make it harder to Willwork and also it would make it so much harder to heal a piercing hole one no longer want."
The Euthanathos said.
He grinned, "But can't you imagine the Nephandus' face when you stick out your tongue at their fireball, and the spell fizzles?"

Anja wrote:"Running with a pack of angry werewolves after you should be motivating indeed."
"I am afraid that what Mr Yager need is to grow up a bit and realize not everything is or have to be fun, an obstacle course I would make would not be fun."
He nodded, "I did not suggest it would be 'fun', just exciting. But a Flambeau obstacle course might be a bit too much excitement, yes."
He looked over at Serge, "I suppose you could ask Adley about that, though... at a later time."

Anja wrote:Fran grinned at that.
"It can get a bit to spicy eh Mr Wainwright."
He sighed, "Just a little, yes."

Nicole wrote:'If you plan to aim toward face, please give me warning so I can film it.' she quipped, pulling on a leather glove onto her other hand. 'Now, anyone got anything to put in the crate before I close it up?'
He grinned, "your wish is my command; any particular face you had in mind?"

((OOC: "No description of Colin's store" is... well, more inaccurate than wrong; there've been a few scenes there, to get a mental image of the layout, though little concrete. I'd surmise Nicole's taken one look inside, seen mostly the rather predictable range of jewelry - earrings, necklaces, rings - alongside the equally predictable cutlery and candlestick, plus a few (pricey) chalices and drinking goblet, the sort one might use for a wedding ceremony or really posh par-tay, though she'll likely have missed the little stand with lucky charms for charm bracelets, priced at about five dollars (which is fairly steep for a pennyweight of silver, and not-so-steep when you realize they work as advertised...), as well as some other more exotic custom pieces on display awaiting collection... And, of course, there's the stairs down to the smithy itself, which is generally barred to the public, for quite obvious reasons.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:55 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja wrote:"Not everyting can be all fun all the time Mr Yager."
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Oh, it's excitement you want for the morning runs? I'm sure we could convince Chief Morgan to set up a pocket realm with an obstacle course - in the spirit of Flambeau. Or we could go for the run out in the swamp. I'm sure Dr. Acevedo's pack would be all too happy to help motivate you with excitement. They really aren't fond of Mages getting too close to their Cairn, after all."
Anja wrote:"Running with a pack of angry werewolves after you should be motivating indeed."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I did not suggest it would be 'fun', just exciting. But a Flambeau obstacle course might be a bit too much excitement, yes."
He looked over at Serge, "I suppose you could ask Adley about that, though... at a later time."

"That doesn't really sound very exciting. Unless we suddenly developed a fetish for getting gored by werewolves." Serge said with a shake of his head. "And you know it was my mentor who coined the 'fun' idea when it came to learning...just about anything really. Said something about how I absorbed information a lot faster when I enjoyed what I was doing."

Anja wrote:He chuckled, "Oh, you'll get a souvenir, alright... hm, what sort of cheese, though? Both England and France have long-standing traditions for cheesemaking, with quite the range of variation."

"Do I look like the type of person who remembers the names of cheeses? Surprise me man." he replied with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:12 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin nodded, "Bellybutton rings, I've sold a couple of, but it's still not as though I would go looking for navel piercings. I will of course ask about gauge, if someone wishes to purchase such a piece, but I'm not going to speculate about where my prospective clients have been... punctured like that."

"Well a piece for your ehm...privates have a different shape than for your bellybutton so it would not be the same."
Henerietta said.
"So I am pretty sure your customer who have been after bellybutton rings would have been honest about it."

He grinned, "But can't you imagine the Nephandus' face when you stick out your tongue at their fireball, and the spell fizzles?"

"Well yes I guess there would be a bit of amusement in that...perhaps for a Custos who do not themselves use magick could get good use out of such a piece."
Fran commented.

He nodded, "I did not suggest it would be 'fun', just exciting. But a Flambeau obstacle course might be a bit too much excitement, yes."

"Such obstacle courses are practical rather than fun, and tend to be there to teach the student how to fight and survive."
Jeffry commented.

He sighed, "Just a little, yes."

The Hollower chuckle at that.

That doesn't really sound very exciting. Unless we suddenly developed a fetish for getting gored by werewolves." Serge said with a shake of his head. "And you know it was my mentor who coined the 'fun' idea when it came to learning...just about anything really. Said something about how I absorbed information a lot faster when I enjoyed what I was doing."

"Your Mentor is not wrong Mr Yager most learn quicker when they enjoy the lessons. However here is the problem if you limit what you learn to only the things that can be made fun then you will do yourself a disservice."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:18 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Anja wrote:"Well a piece for your ehm...privates have a different shape than for your bellybutton so it would not be the same."
Henerietta said.
"So I am pretty sure your customer who have been after bellybutton rings would have been honest about it."
Colin nodded, "Oh, I could easily hammer out a straight or curved barbell... another issue is that silver is an unwise choice for the bars. Oxidisation is troublesome, and can cause infections or inflammations - steel or titanium is generally preferred for things going through the skin. And to get those affordable, I'd have to buy the bars in bulk, which would mean I'd have a ton of overstock. Unless..."
He turned to Nicole, "Say, Nick, if I had titanium bars in stock for silver-capped jewelry like that, and sold it through an online store, how well do you think it would sell at, say..."
He did some quick rough calculations, "thirty to seventy dollars apiece, depending on size and whether or not small precious stones are included?"

Anja wrote:"Such obstacle courses are practical rather than fun, and tend to be there to teach the student how to fight and survive."
Jeffry commented.
Jeremy wrote:"That doesn't really sound very exciting. Unless we suddenly developed a fetish for getting gored by werewolves." Serge said with a shake of his head. "And you know it was my mentor who coined the 'fun' idea when it came to learning...just about anything really. Said something about how I absorbed information a lot faster when I enjoyed what I was doing."
Anja wrote:"Your Mentor is not wrong Mr Yager most learn quicker when they enjoy the lessons. However here is the problem if you limit what you learn to only the things that can be made fun then you will do yourself a disservice."
He chuckled, "Serge, flying is long periods of boredom capped with brief periods of excitement at either end... and that excitement is anything but fun. The two words are not synonymous... but I know of a few people who quite enjoy exercise, and no-one who enjoyed it from day one. It's the sort of thing you grow to like, really."

Jeremy wrote:"Do I look like the type of person who remembers the names of cheeses? Surprise me man." he replied with a chuckle.
He grinned fiendishly, eyes glittering, "Oh, it is on..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:42 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

Anja's Post:

Once the call was over, Nicole leant back in the chair and gave a deep sigh; clearly the call had been rather stressful an event for her...

[Fine with ending this scene, unless Helena/Fran have anything to ask/add.]

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja's Post:

'Y'know, there's a cream to stop that from happening...' the Etherite replied absent-mindedly, pulling up her polo-shirt to withdraw her pistol from her back-holster and check the action.

Anja's Post:

A short silence as the Etherite considered this, then rolled up her left arm to show off her full-arm tattoo to the group. 'Come on down...' adopting the tone from the gameshow The Price Is Right. 'One arm, discount the hand, that's sold separately. Design, outline and edging done by a two-time State winner in the Tribal category, infill was done by a 'prentice. Wait-list, two month. Time taken, thirteen hour, give or take. Now, who wants to give the first bid?'

Colin's Post:

'What, them? They don't wear jewellery or nothing. Or use Cluedo candlesticks.' giving a shrug.

Colin's Post:

A short pause, sucked her teeth, then shook her head. 'Not that way – you'll be competing with piercing places selling their mass-produced Chinese stuff. Saw gold-gem labrets for sale recently for like, $25. But... I know there's a gap in the market; like - it's all either that or Etsy costume stuff.  Hard to find well-made, original stuff. It's why I asked about working ivory. Or niobium; got a nice pair of ear-cuffs from them. They got that... patina thing like silver, but not.'

[I know Henrietta has a taser. My question was who has the other one.]

[I also meant does anyone want to put anything in the storage crate which Nick has stashed her tools etc in, not the box with the phones.]

[Well, I don't think a description of the store has come up while I've been playing, at least. But Nick's basically trailer trash, so even a 'normal' silver shop would seem to her to be intimidating, old-fashioned and expensive.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:04 pm

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]
Nicole wrote:'What, them? They don't wear jewellery or nothing. Or use Cluedo candlesticks.' giving a shrug.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "What, they don't have significant others who might appreciate a nice locket or shiny ring once in a while? They're not going to be in the market for some cutlery, or even a silver spoon for their first-born child? That's not an exchange rate, mind you - I don't accept children as collateral for my wares."

Nicole wrote:A short pause, sucked her teeth, then shook her head. 'Not that way – you'll be competing with piercing places selling their mass-produced Chinese stuff. Saw gold-gem labrets for sale recently for like, $25. But... I know there's a gap in the market; like - it's all either that or Etsy costume stuff. Hard to find well-made, original stuff. It's why I asked about working ivory. Or niobium; got a nice pair of ear-cuffs from them. They got that... patina thing like silver, but not.'
He nodded, "About what I expected. As for ivory, that's too much of a legal nuisance. What with, you know, the international bans on trade and all. Not the sort of attention I would want in my shop. Regular animal bones and claws are far less troublesome in that regard - but a bit of a health hazard to work with. Bone dust is nasty."

((OOC: You might be right about that timing thing. And yeah, it might seem excessively posh to a street rat. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm

[South Boston, 9.30]

Nicole Helena drove back to Steelhaven. Not much happened along the way other than some chatting and your group was soon back to the Chantry safely.

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Colin nodded, "Oh, I could easily hammer out a straight or curved barbell... another issue is that silver is an unwise choice for the bars. Oxidisation is troublesome, and can cause infections or inflammations - steel or titanium is generally preferred for things going through the skin. And to get those affordable, I'd have to buy the bars in bulk, which would mean I'd have a ton of overstock. Unless..."
He turned to Nicole, "Say, Nick, if I had titanium bars in stock for silver-capped jewelry like that, and sold it through an online store, how well do you think it would sell at, say..."
He did some quick rough calculations, "thirty to seventy dollars apiece, depending on size and whether or not small precious stones are included?"

"Well often piercing jewelry is sold as just the exchangeable end pieces which can be screwed onto the end of barbells or you could buy finished barbells and make custom ends for them."
Fran suggested.

'Y'know, there's a cream to stop that from happening...' the Etherite replied absent-mindedly, pulling up her polo-shirt to withdraw her pistol from her back-holster and check the action.

"I know but it do not always work for things such as back of the neck or corset piercings, they are pretty hard to get permanent, the body just do not want them there. I have had corset piercings as well for a special occasion they did not last long."
Fran replied.

A short silence as the Etherite considered this, then rolled up her left arm to show off her full-arm tattoo to the group. 'Come on down...' adopting the tone from the gameshow The Price Is Right. 'One arm, discount the hand, that's sold separately. Design, outline and edging done by a two-time State winner in the Tribal category, infill was done by a 'prentice. Wait-list, two month. Time taken, thirteen hour, give or take. Now, who wants to give the first bid?'

"It is hard to say as prices vary...1500 to 2000 perhaps?"
Henrietta guessed.
"It is a beautiful piece by the way."

He nodded, "About what I expected. As for ivory, that's too much of a legal nuisance. What with, you know, the international bans on trade and all. Not the sort of attention I would want in my shop. Regular animal bones and claws are far less troublesome in that regard - but a bit of a health hazard to work with. Bone dust is nasty."

"Elk bone often look really pretty when worked. I am more fond of that than ivory due to well not wanting to wipe elephants of the face of the Earth but if there is an old ivory piece then I think it is ok to re work it into something usable. I mean it is not like you can bring that dead elephant back to life..."
Henrietta begun then she glanced at Amadeus and chuckle.
"Well I guess some could but you know what I mean Mr Wainwright. Anyway I have a elk bone skull pendant it look pretty cool. Bought it at a county fair one."

(OOC: I think Ryan have it.)
(OOC 2: I don't think anyone would need to put anything in the box.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:14 am

[Ritual Chamber, 3.45]

Anja wrote:"Your Mentor is not wrong Mr Yager most learn quicker when they enjoy the lessons. However here is the problem if you limit what you learn to only the things that can be made fun then you will do yourself a disservice."
Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Serge, flying is long periods of boredom capped with brief periods of excitement at either end... and that excitement is anything but fun. The two words are not synonymous... but I know of a few people who quite enjoy exercise, and no-one who enjoyed it from day one. It's the sort of thing you grow to like, really."

"Your right Sir. It's just that I believe anything can be made fun. And if not everything than most things. Especially something as mundane and dumb as exercise." Serge said with a shrug. "Crazy exercise people. Basically Stolkholm Syndromed themselves into a masochistic hobby."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next