Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 15 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:03 pm

[The day of departure-Morning]

Colin came back inside from his morning run, with a small briefcase containing the silver arrow he was working on, alongside his portable tools and a small selection of plain rings and other handmade items for barter in Concordia, and made his way back to the apartment for a shower and breakfast before packing down the vaccine lecture he'd had since his debate with Rosa a while back, to save a kitten that won't even be born for some time yet...

You got back to your apartment to find Anna making breakfast, eggs, bacon and fresh breakfast buns, and she put out strawberry jam that Yu-Die could have with her bun, as well as a small selection of fruit in a bowl.
"Dad welcome back, breakfast is all but ready. We can eat when Yu-Die comes down from the roof where she is training with Dr Lee and Master Nassa."
The girl said as she put plates with back and eggs out for herself and you, and put the basket with the buns on the table as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 15 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:39 pm

Anja wrote:You got back to your apartment to find Anna making breakfast, eggs, bacon and fresh breakfast buns, and she put out strawberry jam that Yu-Die could have with her bun, as well as a small selection of fruit in a bowl.
"Dad welcome back, breakfast is all but ready. We can eat when Yu-Die comes down from the roof where she is training with Dr Lee and Master Nassa."
The girl said as she put plates with back and eggs out for herself and you, and put the basket with the buns on the table as well.
Colin smiled, "Morning, Sweetie. Enough time for me to get scrubbed up, then, I should think. See you in a few minutes."

He then vanished into the shower.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Colin smiled, "Morning, Sweetie. Enough time for me to get scrubbed up, then, I should think. See you in a few minutes."

"Yeah you should have time for a shower."
Anna said as she finished up making the meal.

He then vanished into the shower.

You got a warm shower and when you got back into the kitchen you found Anna and Yu-Die waiting for you. Anna was feeding Jareth little scraps of raw meat and the owl looked quite happy about it as he was sitting on the kitchen table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:19 am

Anja wrote:
You all wake up in your apartments on the day of the departure to Horizon, bright and early. There are the regular sounds of activity from the Chantry waking up, but there are also a feeling of trepidation in the air. It is about three hours before the party that are going to Horizon are leaving for the Umbra port.

Serge awoke with a grumble, having stayed up quite late into the night.

He glanced up at his ceiling, which was filled with drawings depicting the changing of seasons, animals at different stages of growth, and other depictions of the flow of time and nature. He had been dreaming about such things lately and so naturally they filled his recent artistic endeavors.

He got up with a groan and got to his feet and started making his way to the communal chantry kitchen wanting to get breakfast. He preferred to eat in the company of others rather than by himself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:20 am

[Morning of Departure Kitchen.]

You came down to the common room. Along the way you met several sleepy mages that gave you nods as they went along with their morning chores. You heard a steady thump, thump, thump of Mundi's tail as you entered the common room. The huge dog was on the floor, a clear indication that Darrian was around. You soon saw the alchemist carrying a pot of water to the small side table that held a coffee maker and a water cooker as well as a selection of tea and coffee.
"Good morning kid."
The Solificato said when he saw you. From the kitchen you heard the sound of cooking. In a corner you saw Kyle at a table, the boy looked so scared and pale. Helena sat next to him protectively and Andrew was showing him something on a computer trying to cheer him up but the boy just looked drawn.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:13 pm

Anja wrote:You got a warm shower and when you got back into the kitchen you found Anna and Yu-Die waiting for you. Anna was feeding Jareth little scraps of raw meat and the owl looked quite happy about it as he was sitting on the kitchen table.
Colin smiled as he sat down, giving Jareth a light pat on the head, "Morning, Yu Die. Ready to keep an eye on Anna for a few days, while I'm off to Horizon? Any particular kind of souvenir you would like me to look for while I am there?"

Turning to Anna, he added, "Sweetie, I've done what I can for the two vampires in my care, but if Mr. Ameli wakes up, he'll be calling the Chantry regarding his raven. If that happens while I'm away, check with one of the Deacons regarding returning it. Master Sharaya should be quite able to coordinate something, even if he's... temporarily restricted from strutting his stuff."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:51 pm

Colin smiled as he sat down, giving Jareth a light pat on the head,

The owl gave a happy little sound and floofed up his feathers.

Yu Die. Ready to keep an eye on Anna for a few days, while I'm off to Horizon? Any particular kind of souvenir you would like me to look for while I am there?"

"You do not have to get anything for me Sir, but perhaps something that show the twin suns, that would be cool."
Yu-Die said and she gave Anna a warm smile.
"I am always ready to look after Anna Sir."
The young Akashic said with a smile. Your apprentice reached over the table to brush her hand over Yu-Die's.
"We will be fine dad."

Turning to Anna, he added, "Sweetie, I've done what I can for the two vampires in my care, but if Mr. Ameli wakes up, he'll be calling the Chantry regarding his raven. If that happens while I'm away, check with one of the Deacons regarding returning it. Master Sharaya should be quite able to coordinate something, even if he's... temporarily restricted from strutting his stuff."

"I will make sure he get his raven back dad. The raven is on top of the book shelf, I have no idea how he got there since he can't fly but he is, and he is sulking since Jareth took his toy, and tossed it out the window. I was thinking I would go out and find it after breakfast."
Anna said with a sigh. Jareth looked up and made a happy cooing sound. You heard a ruffle of feathers from the book shelf.
"I will speak with Master Sharaya if Mr Ameli calls dad."
Your apprentice promised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:33 am

Anja wrote:You came down to the common room. Along the way you met several sleepy mages that gave you nods as they went along with their morning chores. You heard a steady thump, thump, thump of Mundi's tail as you entered the common room. The huge dog was on the floor, a clear indication that Darrian was around. You soon saw the alchemist carrying a pot of water to the small side table that held a coffee maker and a water cooker as well as a selection of tea and coffee.
"Good morning kid."
The Solificato said when he saw you. From the kitchen you heard the sound of cooking. In a corner you saw Kyle at a table, the boy looked so scared and pale. Helena sat next to him protectively and Andrew was showing him something on a computer trying to cheer him up but the boy just looked drawn.

"Hey." Serge replied back to the Solificato. He glanced over at Kyle, frowning as he saw the boy's crestfallen face. For all his excitement for going on the trip, its true objective was less than idea. He racked his brains trying to think of a way to cheer the boy up.

Andrew's attempts seemed well and good but Serge figured that the increased attention Kyle was receiving only reminded the boy about his upcoming trial. Perhaps what was needed was a distraction that was less...targeted.

"Well....might as well try. And technically I've always wanted to do this anyways." Serge thought.

The Ecstatic then jumped up onto an unoccupied table and began shouting out loud for all of the kitchen (including Kyle) to hear. "Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants to hear the tale of my duel with a newly reborn Sidhe Changling? And how she kicked my ass using only a stick?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:52 am

"Hey." Serge replied back to the Solificato. He glanced over at Kyle, frowning as he saw the boy's crestfallen face. For all his excitement for going on the trip, its true objective was less than idea. He racked his brains trying to think of a way to cheer the boy up.

Andrew's attempts seemed well and good but Serge figured that the increased attention Kyle was receiving only reminded the boy about his upcoming trial. Perhaps what was needed was a distraction that was less...targeted.

"Well....might as well try. And technically I've always wanted to do this anyways." Serge thought.

The Ecstatic then jumped up onto an unoccupied table and began shouting out loud for all of the kitchen (including Kyle) to hear. "Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants to hear the tale of my duel with a newly reborn Sidhe Changling? And how she kicked my ass using only a stick?"

Darrian looked up at you and looked rather shocked. Mundi wagged his tail and gave a happy boof thinking it was a game. Dion, Fran and Marian rushed into the common room from the kitchen to see what was going on, Helena paid no heed she just went to get her morning coffee but Kyle and Andrew forgot what they where doing and looked up at you.
"A Sidhe? You fought a fae?"
Kyle asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:13 pm

Anja wrote:"You do not have to get anything for me Sir, but perhaps something that show the twin suns, that would be cool."
Yu-Die said and she gave Anna a warm smile.
"I am always ready to look after Anna Sir."
The young Akashic said with a smile. Your apprentice reached over the table to brush her hand over Yu-Die's.
"We will be fine dad."
Colin grinned, "Something with the twin suns, hm? I shall see what I can do. Hum, I might be able to get a photo of the legendary Fall Breeze, might that be of interest? Also, don't forget to check in on Shawn tonight, too - he knows I'm going, but I don't want him to feel forgotten in my absence."

Anja wrote:"I will make sure he get his raven back dad. The raven is on top of the book shelf, I have no idea how he got there since he can't fly but he is, and he is sulking since Jareth took his toy, and tossed it out the window. I was thinking I would go out and find it after breakfast."
Anna said with a sigh. Jareth looked up and made a happy cooing sound. You heard a ruffle of feathers from the book shelf.
"I will speak with Master Sharaya if Mr Ameli calls dad."
Your apprentice promised.
His brow furrowed, and he gave Jareth a hard look, voice rich with disappointment, "Jareth, you threw his toy out? I am really disappointed in you. Go on, retrieve it again, and I might forgive you and bring you back a treat from Concordia."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Colin grinned, "Something with the twin suns, hm? I shall see what I can do. Hum, I might be able to get a photo of the legendary Fall Breeze, might that be of interest? Also, don't forget to check in on Shawn tonight, too - he knows I'm going, but I don't want him to feel forgotten in my absence."

"Oh that would be fantastic Sir, if she is willing to pose for a picture that is."
Yu-Die said happily.
"Both me and Anna will check on Shawn Sir."
The girl agreed.
"Are you sure you should go near Fall Breeze dad?"
Anna asked sounding concerned.

His brow furrowed, and he gave Jareth a hard look, voice rich with disappointment, "Jareth, you threw his toy out? I am really disappointed in you. Go on, retrieve it again, and I might forgive you and bring you back a treat from Concordia."

Jareth looked at you looking really guilty, then he flapped his wings and flew out the window. The returned with a small wooded stick with five large glass beads on it, the stick would rattle if shook and would sparkle in light. You heard a delighted kaw kaw from the shelf when the crow saw his prized toy. Jareth put the toy on the table and the raven came gliding over to the table, he lifted his toy in his beak and shook it happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:33 am

Anja wrote:"Oh that would be fantastic Sir, if she is willing to pose for a picture that is."
Yu-Die said happily.
"Both me and Anna will check on Shawn Sir."
The girl agreed.
"Are you sure you should go near Fall Breeze dad?"
Anna asked sounding concerned.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, we will have to meet her, you and I... there's no point in delaying introductions. Besides, someone has made an attempt on her life; I need to look into the details of that."

Anja wrote:Jareth looked at you looking really guilty, then he flapped his wings and flew out the window. The returned with a small wooded stick with five large glass beads on it, the stick would rattle if shook and would sparkle in light. You heard a delighted kaw kaw from the shelf when the crow saw his prized toy. Jareth put the toy on the table and the raven came gliding over to the table, he lifted his toy in his beak and shook it happily.
He gave Jareth a nod, his voice kind, but stern, "Good, and I will be most displeased if I hear you have done something like this while I am away. Playing with pot lids and ladles that make funny noises is fine, but we do not throw away the toys of friends and honoured guests. Right?"
He sighed softly and gave Jareth a light pat on the head, "Some days I wonder how much human speech you understand..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, we will have to meet her, you and I... there's no point in delaying introductions. Besides, someone has made an attempt on her life; I need to look into the details of that."

"Just be careful dad we do not know how she would react, and remember there are some legal issues with...that."
Anna said with a sigh.
"I am just worried I guess you know best but be careful."

He gave Jareth a nod, his voice kind, but stern, "Good, and I will be most displeased if I hear you have done something like this while I am away. Playing with pot lids and ladles that make funny noises is fine, but we do not throw away the toys of friends and honoured guests. Right?"
He sighed softly and gave Jareth a light pat on the head, "Some days I wonder how much human speech you understand..."

Jareth cooed and pressed his head against your hand then he looked down still a bit shameful. The raven still played with his toy though as Jareth looked at you.
"I believe he understand just about everything dad."
Anna said.
"I mean there is a bit of human in hum after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:34 pm

Anja wrote:Darrian looked up at you and looked rather shocked. Mundi wagged his tail and gave a happy boof thinking it was a game. Dion, Fran and Marian rushed into the common room from the kitchen to see what was going on, Helena paid no heed she just went to get her morning coffee but Kyle and Andrew forgot what they where doing and looked up at you.
"A Sidhe? You fought a fae?"
Kyle asked.

"Why yes my good sir! A duel for the ages. A duel for the seasons. A duel fought with the most peculiar of implements." Serge said as he danced around on his table-stage never staying in one place for too long.

As he spoke he pulled out a small marker and with a singular stroke drew a singular line across the palm of his hand.

"For you see. As I mentioned before. This duel was fought using only..."

And before he finished his sentence and closed his eyes and concentrated. Focusing on the line in his hands. To others it had no meaning. But to him, the art represented a weapon of life. Tucked away within the room he was in just moments ago.

With a mental call he summoned it to his hands, just like he had seen so many tv show protagonist do in the past.

(OOC: Corr 3 to teleport the Stick to Serge's hand.

Arete Roll: 4, 4, 6, 8 - 6, 8 ,5 2 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:12 am

"Why yes my good sir! A duel for the ages. A duel for the seasons. A duel fought with the most peculiar of implements." Serge said as he danced around on his table-stage never staying in one place for too long.

As he spoke he pulled out a small marker and with a singular stroke drew a singular line across the palm of his hand.

"For you see. As I mentioned before. This duel was fought using only..."

And before he finished his sentence and closed his eyes and concentrated. Focusing on the line in his hands. To others it had no meaning. But to him, the art represented a weapon of life. Tucked away within the room he was in just moments ago.

With a mental call he summoned it to his hands, just like he had seen so many tv show protagonist do in the past.

"But why where you dueling a fae Sir?"
Kyle asked as he looked you teleport the stick to your hand.
"Where did you meet them? Who was they?"
The boy asked. You still noticed the eyes of several of the mages who had come down for breakfast on you. Master Nassa had arrived with Beatrice and both had stopped on their way to get tea to look at you. Bee gave you a little smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:37 am

Anja wrote:"But why where you dueling a fae Sir?"
Kyle asked as he looked you teleport the stick to your hand.
"Where did you meet them? Who was they?"
The boy asked. You still noticed the eyes of several of the mages who had come down for breakfast on you. Master Nassa had arrived with Beatrice and both had stopped on their way to get tea to look at you. Bee gave you a little smile.

"This duel was unique. Perhaps the first of it's kind in the history of the world. For you see this was a duel of life rather than death. In a way it was a reminder to keep on living." Serge said as he held the weapon firmly in his hands.

Stood upon his table and took up the stance that Wilda had taught him. He began to slowly move through sword maneuvers as if he were fighting a ghost opponent. He spoke as he shadow-mimed the duel with the fae. Embellishing his story greatly and pausing on occasion for audience participation.  

"I met her in a playground as was pre-ordained by prophecy and divination. A fitting battleground given our choice of weaponry wouldn't you say? The beautiful Lady Wilda of the Summer Court. A hero who made the ultimate sacrifice....and the world deemed it fit to punish her endlessly for it. Well, we mages tend to have a nasty habit of going against the whims of the world don't we?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:45 am

"This duel was unique. Perhaps the first of it's kind in the history of the world. For you see this was a duel of life rather than death. In a way it was a reminder to keep on living." Serge said as he held the weapon firmly in his hands.

"That is not that unique kid, not all duels are meant to kill your opponents and a getting the blood flowing can indeed remind one of life."
Master Nassa commented from where he was filling a cup of tea and handing it to Beatrice before getting another cup for himself.

Stood upon his table and took up the stance that Wilda had taught him. He began to slowly move through sword maneuvers as if he were fighting a ghost opponent. He spoke as he shadow-mimed the duel with the fae. Embellishing his story greatly and pausing on occasion for audience participation.

"I met her in a playground as was pre-ordained by prophecy and divination. A fitting battleground given our choice of weaponry wouldn't you say? The beautiful Lady Wilda of the Summer Court. A hero who made the ultimate sacrifice....and the world deemed it fit to punish her endlessly for it. Well, we mages tend to have a nasty habit of going against the whims of the world don't we?"

"This was the Banshee? I have about her, you managed to rescue her?"
Kyle asked as he looked at you.
"By reminding her about the joys of being alive? Do you think that would work for other types of undead as well?"
He asked hopefully, obviously thinking about Danielle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:24 pm

Anja wrote:"Just be careful dad we do not know how she would react, and remember there are some legal issues with...that."
Anna said with a sigh.
"I am just worried I guess you know best but be careful."
Colin nodded, "True, but the Seat of Time said to find them, so I have my work cut out for me."

Anja wrote:Jareth cooed and pressed his head against your hand then he looked down still a bit shameful. The raven still played with his toy though as Jareth looked at you.
"I believe he understand just about everything dad."
Anna said.
"I mean there is a bit of human in hum after all."
He smiled, reaching out with his other hand to engage the raven in a friendly bit of tug-o'-war with the toy, "Quite so. Then again, this fine fellow is quite clever, too, and I do believe he's quite mundane. Hum, I should see if the veterinary clinic might have something to give him a couple extra good years with Mr. AmelĂ­."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:59 am

olin nodded, "True, but the Seat of Time said to find them, so I have my work cut out for me."

"I know dad I am just worried about your safety."
Anna said. Yu-Die looked a bit confused but she did not ask.

He smiled, reaching out with his other hand to engage the raven in a friendly bit of tug-o'-war with the toy, "Quite so. Then again, this fine fellow is quite clever, too, and I do believe he's quite mundane. Hum, I should see if the veterinary clinic might have something to give him a couple extra good years with Mr. AmelĂ­."

The raven happily played tug of war, something that made the glass beads make pleasing clicking sounds.
"Raven are really smart Mr Wainwright."
Yu Die said.
"Do you think Mr Ameli could perhaps give his raven blood to extend his life?"
Anna asked.
"That might be more effective than the vet."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:09 pm

Anja wrote:"I know dad I am just worried about your safety."
Anna said. Yu-Die looked a bit confused but she did not ask.
Colin sighed, "If I can't approach them, how would things ever get settled, though?"

Anja wrote:The raven happily played tug of war, something that made the glass beads make pleasing clicking sounds.
"Raven are really smart Mr Wainwright."
Yu Die said.
"Do you think Mr Ameli could perhaps give his raven blood to extend his life?"
Anna asked.
"That might be more effective than the vet."
He smiled and relinquished the toy, stroking a finger over the raven's head, "Hmmm, he could, but I don't think he would. He loves the bird as it is; feeding it his blood would drastically change their dynamic into a master-slave relationship... I don't think he'd consider that worth a few more years."

((OOC: Oh, yeah, Colin's slept - got any Willpower back? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Colin sighed, "If I can't approach them, how would things ever get settled, though?"

"I know you are right dad...but are you sure this is the right time?"
Anna asked.
"You have a Fallen apprentice and a widderslainte Cabal member and yeah...is this the right time to bring the attention of the Traditions upon your head?"

He smiled and relinquished the toy, stroking a finger over the raven's head, "Hmmm, he could, but I don't think he would. He loves the bird as it is; feeding it his blood would drastically change their dynamic into a master-slave relationship... I don't think he'd consider that worth a few more years."

The raven took his toy triumphantly and shook it to bring the pleasing rattle sound again, then he turned his head so you could get at the feathers around his neck where he liked being scratched.
"Perhaps Master Nassa can give the bird a longer life span Sir or one of the Hermetics can make a longevity potion for him."
Yu-Die suggested.
"Then the bird's mind would not be affected the same way.

(OOC: Yes you do, everyone do and as discussed earlier you get all your willpower back after one night's sleep and not one since play by posts take so long time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:37 pm

Anja wrote:"I know you are right dad...but are you sure this is the right time?"
Anna asked.
"You have a Fallen apprentice and a widderslainte Cabal member and yeah...is this the right time to bring the attention of the Traditions upon your head?"
Colin smiled wryly, "It's not as though I'll chat her up in the Sentencing Hall and tell her everything... No, I'll seek a private audience and test the waters before explaining. As for the right time - I don't believe the 'right time' ever exists. We can only make the best of the time we have in the present, and be considerate in our actions."
Turning to Yu Die, "What do you think? Is there truly value in waiting for the right time, or should one have a bit of faith and make the best of the moment one has?"

Anja wrote:The raven took his toy triumphantly and shook it to bring the pleasing rattle sound again, then he turned his head so you could get at the feathers around his neck where he liked being scratched.
"Perhaps Master Nassa can give the bird a longer life span Sir or one of the Hermetics can make a longevity potion for him."
Yu-Die suggested.
"Then the bird's mind would not be affected the same way.
He smiled thinly, "Well... I suppose you could ask. Christmas is coming up, and I'm sure Mr. AmelĂ­, if he is awake by then, will appreciate such a gift from the Chantry he aided. Being part Fey, gifts are quite important. Hum... our resident Master Alchemist might be willing and able, if you ask him nicely. I'm still going to check in at the veterinarian clinic if they have something of the sort."

((OOC: Whee, that's right, so I updated Colin's new sheet. Keeping the old, not-updated bit in the post for now, but I'm already phasing that out and only updating the linked one.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "It's not as though I'll chat her up in the Sentencing Hall and tell her everything... No, I'll seek a private audience and test the waters before explaining. As for the right time - I don't believe the 'right time' ever exists. We can only make the best of the time we have in the present, and be considerate in our actions."
Turning to Yu Die, "What do you think? Is there truly value in waiting for the right time, or should one have a bit of faith and make the best of the moment one has?"

"Well making the best of a moment is sometimes recognizing when it is not the right moment for a certain action Sir."
Yu Die said.
"My Mentor always tell me that in fighting timing is everything, biding your time for an opportunity, recognizing when is and is not the right time to make a move, in fact for many apprentices of the Brotherhood our first spells that help us are simple effects to more precisely know when is the right time to act."
The young Akashic said with a nod.
"I do not know exactly what this is about however if you are trying to gain relations with powerful members of the Traditions going to Horizon due to a trial and a re sentencing of two Fallen Chantry members, one of them your Cabalmate, the other your apprentice and adopted daughter might not be the best time Sir as it might draw suspicion to yourself and your motives. Making the best of the time one have is a good philosophy, but making the best of time is not always rushing in where patience and prudence might better serve. However since I do not know exactly what the two of you are talking about I can only speak in general terms."

He smiled thinly, "Well... I suppose you could ask. Christmas is coming up, and I'm sure Mr. AmelĂ­, if he is awake by then, will appreciate such a gift from the Chantry he aided. Being part Fey, gifts are quite important. Hum... our resident Master Alchemist might be willing and able, if you ask him nicely. I'm still going to check in at the veterinarian clinic if they have something of the sort."

"I can ask the Master alchemist if you want dad."
Anna offered.
"However as for a veterinarian clinic, I am not sure how much they can do to help. I mean proper food and vitamins and care when sick or injured can better a individual's chances of a long life but will not artificially extend life span, the Union have not let sleeper medical professionals have that technology yet."
The young mage continued and Yu Die nodded.
"I agree a magical solution seam to be a better choice here sine the bird is already well cared for. That being said why are gifts such a big deal among fae Sir?"
She asked.

(OOC: Yes I saw the new one, looks good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:29 pm

Anja wrote:"This was the Banshee? I have about her, you managed to rescue her?"
Kyle asked as he looked at you.
"By reminding her about the joys of being alive? Do you think that would work for other types of undead as well?"
He asked hopefully, obviously thinking about Danielle.

"Perhaps. Never say never as they say." Serge said turning the stick over and balancing against it like it were a walking stick. "Different undead may follow different rules. So your ghost's particular journey may be wholly different from my own ghosts."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 am

Anja wrote:"Well making the best of a moment is sometimes recognizing when it is not the right moment for a certain action Sir."
Yu Die said.
"My Mentor always tell me that in fighting timing is everything, biding your time for an opportunity, recognizing when is and is not the right time to make a move, in fact for many apprentices of the Brotherhood our first spells that help us are simple effects to more precisely know when is the right time to act."
The young Akashic said with a nod.
"I do not know exactly what this is about however if you are trying to gain relations with powerful members of the Traditions going to Horizon due to a trial and a re sentencing of two Fallen Chantry members, one of them your Cabalmate, the other your apprentice and adopted daughter might not be the best time Sir as it might draw suspicion to yourself and your motives. Making the best of the time one have is a good philosophy, but making the best of time is not always rushing in where patience and prudence might better serve. However since I do not know exactly what the two of you are talking about I can only speak in general terms."
Colin nodded, "You are wise for your age, kid - hum, there are... circumstances you'll be told in the fullness of time, but suffice it to say, I won't be 'rushing in'. Plus, I already have some personal audiences with two Seats and one future Seat - I do not believe seeking out one fabled Mage with firsthand knowledge of a topic I've already expressed academic interest in will be deemed too conspicuous... but yes, context is key, and I may as well decide against approaching her if the circumstances suggest it would be risky. Actually... hum... well, I suppose I can contact her by other means, if necessary."

Anja wrote:"I can ask the Master alchemist if you want dad."
Anna offered.
"However as for a veterinarian clinic, I am not sure how much they can do to help. I mean proper food and vitamins and care when sick or injured can better a individual's chances of a long life but will not artificially extend life span, the Union have not let sleeper medical professionals have that technology yet."
The young mage continued and Yu Die nodded.
"I agree a magical solution seam to be a better choice here sine the bird is already well cared for. That being said why are gifts such a big deal among fae Sir?"
She asked.
He smiled slyly, "An Earthside vet clinic might not be able to do much, but the one in Concordia has some... slightly better gear and wares, and while their special foods might not artificially extend an animal's life, it is very good at improving and maintaining good health for longer than what is, hm, natural."
He grinned, "I suppose you could say the specialty pet food there encourages a healthier Chi flow than its Earthside counterpart is able to. They're good at what they do, although they're mainly Etherites rather than Mystics."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next