Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:50 am

[Morgan's Apartment, Monday Evening]

Anja's Post:

'Er... didn't mean that, sir. I was like assuming there's a somewhat predictable price in Quintessence a spirit would ask for. I've never done this before, it helps if I have some idea what the price-sheet is.'

Colin's Post:

'I think it got that it needed to play nice to stay, me. And it did come to us, rather than other way about. But is there a way to like, put conditions on it staying here? Think it having free reign over the kitchen and similar will turn it into a complete lard-ball.'

Anja's Post:

The Etherite gave a nonchalant gesture to this; she'd not expected them to be cheap and it was an investment, not a cost. Plus, knowing she was owed a considerable... reward from the various items recovered in the previous couple of days.

Warp's Post:

'And the point of re-making the wheel is...?' she replied, giving a frown. 'Much easer and quicker to simply buy a premade standard set and pay for training. Or pick up the prints for it and assemble it myself. Might even already have it... somewhere.'

Anja's Post:

Warp's Post:

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked as though she was going to decline, but on seeing Colin was going to have some, gave in. Looked around with some interest, having not seen the Chief's personal quarters before.

[Lounge, Tuesday Morning]

Anja's Post:

A dismissive shrug to this; if they decided to be stupidly superstitious, that was their call.

[Labyrinth, Tuesday Morning]

Anja's Post:

Warp's Post:

'Why would the Chantry make the investment on anything here if it belongs to Colin?' she retorted. 'Thought this mission was partly to learn details so Colin, for example can find out whether he can actually afford the upkeep of this thing alone.'

Warp's Post:

'More... professional pride. "You can't 'cos it's spiritual"-' a derisive accent on the last word '-is simply not an acceptable answer.'

Anja's Post:

'Do you know where your grocery store grows their carrots?' Nicole replied brightly.

Anja's Post:

'Yes... like Mundie society. Which was what I was talking about.'

Anja's Post:

A little sigh. Not particularly an attractive topic, but a necessary one. 'Where... does the "disposal" go? And can it eat plant-matter too?'

Anja's Post:

Giving a nod of thanks fo Darrian, Nicole unzipped her toolbag; the surprisingly well-ordered number which some might spot as part of the Etherite's "combat load". Withdrew a battered voltmeter to measure the... well, voltage of the power coming from the socket. Her theory was simple; it was generating mains-level power it meant that unmodified equipment would be able to be used - an important attribute in say, a workshop or laboratory. (I assume the plug is a standard US type).

Anja's Post:

'Them kids today... they don't know how lucky they are having a save function!' she quipped, mimicking an old woman. 'And there was only one of them picto-cubes in our house, and Father kept it locked in a box so we couldn't touch it.'

Anja's Post:

'I don't see anything... though to be strict everything here belongs to Colin.'

Warp's Post:

'Or before it's decided what is going to be done with this place.' finishing shutting down the console.

[You know which one it'll be; the one used most recently. Had the same dilemma with wheelbarrows, but with three; 'flat tyre', 'wonky tyre' and 'too short handles'.

[With jobs... no plan. Finding what town(s) would be good to live in and locating an acceptable/available apartment within previous are going to be much more difficult, so it's logical I do that and then find work. Though part of the attributes for the town to live in is that it has a decent selection of jobs within it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:56 am

'Er... didn't mean that, sir. I was like assuming there's a somewhat predictable price in Quintessence a spirit would ask for. I've never done this before, it helps if I have some idea what the price-sheet is.'

"Very well...let me see, this spirit have an animal shape yes? Do she speak?"
Jeffry asked.
"I give my imps a candle each day and about one dram of Quintessence a month, but it really depend on the spirit and their power as well as what your demands of the spirit is."

'I think it got that it needed to play nice to stay, me. And it did come to us, rather than other way about. But is there a way to like, put conditions on it staying here? Think it having free reign over the kitchen and similar will turn it into a complete lard-ball.'

"Yes you can make a contract with it that stipulate what you owe it, what it owe you and what conditions it have to abide by, for example staying out of the kitchen. Look at it like an employment contract or a contract for renting an apartment."
Jeffry replied.

The Etherite gave a nonchalant gesture to this; she'd not expected them to be cheap and it was an investment, not a cost. Plus, knowing she was owed a considerable... reward from the various items recovered in the previous couple of days.

"Well if cost do not matter I am sure you can find what you are looking for on Horizon Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry commented with a nod.

Nicole looked as though she was going to decline, but on seeing Colin was going to have some, gave in. Looked around with some interest, having not seen the Chief's personal quarters before.

The apartment was the same layout as yours, the door to the bathroom and the bedroom was closed. The walls was paneled in brown with allot of old pictures, paintings, drawings and black and white photographs hanging on the walls. There was also several swords hanging on the walls. There was to large book selves and the room smelled of dusty old books. A green and browns group of sofa and two chairs around a wood table was placed in one corner. A old radio set, very old stood in one of the shelves that along with lamps was the only electrical things in the living rooms. There was also a small altar against one wall with a complex hexagram laid out in silver in the floor in front of it. The kitchen had really old appliances, they where brown, the kitchen was neat and clean though and you smelled chocolate from the stove as the Chief went to fetch some cups. Kyle gave Nicole a polite smile.
"Good evening Ma'am."
He said politely looking up from the stack of books in front of him.

Why would the Chantry make the investment on anything here if it belongs to Colin?' she retorted. 'Thought this mission was partly to learn details so Colin, for example can find out whether he can actually afford the upkeep of this thing alone.'

"Very well it sounded like you suggested we make the investments from Steelhaven's budget if I misunderstood you I apologize Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied politely.

'Do you know where your grocery store grows their carrots?' Nicole replied brightly.

"No but I would assume it is not in a human eating mound of rotted flesh that earlier served as abode for a cabal of nihilistic, torture happy evil mages."
Dion replied raising en eyebrow.

Yes... like Mundie society. Which was what I was talking about.'

"Well be that as it may it do not really address how we are going to get the Labyrinth fed Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.

A little sigh. Not particularly an attractive topic, but a necessary one. 'Where... does the "disposal" go? And can it eat plant-matter too?'

"If this Labyrinth works as ours then waste was converted to Quintessence though not very much, and yes it could eat plant matter as well but would need allot of it. My Mentor loved to feed it trees mad made werewolf and Verbena prisoners watch."
Anna replied.

Giving a nod of thanks fo Darrian, Nicole unzipped her toolbag; the surprisingly well-ordered number which some might spot as part of the Etherite's "combat load". Withdrew a battered voltmeter to measure the... well, voltage of the power coming from the socket. Her theory was simple; it was generating mains-level power it meant that unmodified equipment would be able to be used - an important attribute in say, a workshop or laboratory. (I assume the plug is a standard US type).

Darrian looked impressed by your tool collection and organization. It seams your theory was correct about the Labyrinth yes and yes it was a standard US type wall socket but since Toby can make rooms to specifications he can probably make other types of sockets as well.

'Them kids today... they don't know how lucky they are having a save function!' she quipped, mimicking an old woman. 'And there was only one of them picto-cubes in our house, and Father kept it locked in a box so we couldn't touch it.'

"My parents was cool with me and my brother playing video games probably because both of us was into football so we did go out and move around as well, a bit of balance you know."
Marian said with a smile.

I don't see anything... though to be strict everything here belongs to Colin.'

"It does but I was more wondering if he wanted it kept here or tossed or brought to Steelhaven."
The death magus replied with a shrug.

Or before it's decided what is going to be done with this place.' finishing shutting down the console.

You got the machine shut down, no more hadokens for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:39 am

Nicole wrote:'And the point of re-making the wheel is...?' she replied, giving a frown. 'Much easer and quicker to simply buy a premade standard set and pay for training. Or pick up the prints for it and assemble it myself. Might even already have it... somewhere.'
Colin smiled wryly, "Easier and quicker, yes, but the point of re-making a wheel is that you'll have made it with your own hands. Not the same as re-inventing it. I'd be slowly mastering the methods for crafting similar permanent enchantments at the same time. Just like in the workshop; I've made so many teaspoons, I can cut and hammer one out without looking by now - rote memory - a subset of the silversmith's skills I would not possess if I just bought all the teaspoons..."

Anja wrote:"It is indeed Mr Wainwright."
The old war mage said and he left the doorway to let you and Nicole into his apartment.
"Please come in and sit down, I will find some mugs."
Nicole wrote:Nicole looked as though she was going to decline, but on seeing Colin was going to have some, gave in. Looked around with some interest, having not seen the Chief's personal quarters before.
Anja wrote:The apartment was the same layout as yours, the door to the bathroom and the bedroom was closed. The walls was paneled in brown with allot of old pictures, paintings, drawings and black and white photographs hanging on the walls. There was also several swords hanging on the walls. There was to large book selves and the room smelled of dusty old books. A green and browns group of sofa and two chairs around a wood table was placed in one corner. A old radio set, very old stood in one of the shelves that along with lamps was the only electrical things in the living rooms. There was also a small altar against one wall with a complex hexagram laid out in silver in the floor in front of it. The kitchen had really old appliances, they where brown, the kitchen was neat and clean though and you smelled chocolate from the stove as the Chief went to fetch some cups. Kyle gave Nicole a polite smile.
"Good evening Ma'am."
He said politely looking up from the stack of books in front of him.
He gave Nicole a small grin, "The Chief's hot chocolate is to die for. This recipe, that may have been quite literal, as the blend allegedly goes back to Aztec times."
He gave the hexagram a quick once-over to check for scuff marks or smudges before settling down.

Anja wrote:"And even then Mr Wainwright it would only be possible if the renting of the space would earn the Chantry enough money to justify the cost."
Jeffry replied.
Nicole wrote:'Why would the Chantry make the investment on anything here if it belongs to Colin?' she retorted. 'Thought this mission was partly to learn details so Colin, for example can find out whether he can actually afford the upkeep of this thing alone.'
Anja wrote:"Very well it sounded like you suggested we make the investments from Steelhaven's budget if I misunderstood you I apologize Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied politely.
He shook his head, "Well, earn or save money, I suppose - but I meant that renters will be free to upgrade and furnish any space they rent, within reason. Not that Steelhaven Hall will be providing all the flourishes as part of the rent agreement."

Nicole wrote:'More... professional pride. "You can't 'cos it's spiritual"-' a derisive accent on the last word '-is simply not an acceptable answer.'
He chuckled, "And really, in practice, is that any different from just being told it can't be done, with no clear explanation of why not?"

Anja wrote:"And you are claiming that technomagickal equipment would be easier and lighter to transport Mr Wainwright?"
The Chief asked raising an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "To an extent - some components could be assembled piecemeal, and raw materials, well... we're mostly water, anyway. Besides, classical clay seems better suited for making, hm, investments, not merely dime-a-dozen meat puppets for medical training."

Anja wrote:"My point Sir is that even if you was growing carrots selling them without letting the buyers know they where grown in a Labyrinth would be unethical."
Dion replies.
Nicole wrote:'Do you know where your grocery store grows their carrots?' Nicole replied brightly.
Anja wrote:"No but I would assume it is not in a human eating mound of rotted flesh that earlier served as abode for a cabal of nihilistic, torture happy evil mages."
Dion replied raising en eyebrow.
He frowned, "One would hope the grocery store doesn't lie about their suppliers, of course, though I'd be less inclined to trust, say, Wal-Mart..."

Nicole wrote:A little sigh. Not particularly an attractive topic, but a necessary one. 'Where... does the "disposal" go? And can it eat plant-matter too?'
Anja wrote:"If this Labyrinth works as ours then waste was converted to Quintessence though not very much, and yes it could eat plant matter as well but would need allot of it. My Mentor loved to feed it trees mad made werewolf and Verbena prisoners watch."
Anna replied.
He looked Toby in the eye for a moment, "Hum, I'll have to figure that first one out, and as for the second... biomass is biomass, I do believe Toby is rather omnivorous, rather than a true carnivore..."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps Toby can generate a current in some way?"
Darrian offered.
He nodded, "Certainly would appear so..."

Jeremy wrote:"Err...ok?" Serge said feeling as though the other mages were overreacting. "Didn't expect the sound myself. I used to lower or mute the sound a lot when I played my video games. Cause I played a lot at night and didn't want to disturb my parents sleep."
Anja wrote:"I believe judging the world from your won habits might lead you to making errors kid."
Darrian said, Mundi growled a little at the TV.
Nicole wrote:'Them kids today... they don't know how lucky they are having a save function!' she quipped, mimicking an old woman. 'And there was only one of them picto-cubes in our house, and Father kept it locked in a box so we couldn't touch it.'
He sighed to Serge, "Of course it would be loud. What in the world possessed you to think the Nephandi would be considerate in that regard? Also, Nicole, I resemble that remark."

Anja wrote:"Cool grandmother you got there Mr Wainwright. What sort of games did you have on the machine?"
Marrian asked.
He grinned, "She always deflected and changed the subject when we asked if she worked at Bletchley... Took that knowledge with her to the grave, lovely old woman she was... Hum, the usual array at the time, Football Manager, Hungry Horace, Frogger, Pac-Man... hum, I fear the machine is no more, though - 35 years is a long time for the hardware..."

Jeremy wrote:"Actually the cost would be zero dollars and a whole lot of trust. Which in fairness may be expensive for some." Serge said with a shrug. Turning towards his cabal leader he smiled, "And that's not even close to over the top. That's like mid-tier. Over the top would be like holding a presentation in the enemies bedroom while we're all naked and covered in jelly. You know, for the intimidation factor."
Anja wrote:"I hope you will be skilled enough to stop your enemies from cutting your mind to pieces then kid."
Darrian said with a raised eyebrow.
"And yes trust is the most expensive of wares. Now when that is said I agree with the Chief I see no value in such a presentation and allot of risk it would be pointless."
He shook his head, "If you think our enemies will be intimidated by your standing naked, covered in jelly, before them, you may have a slightly exaggerated opinion of your physical features. I should rather recommend you don't try it."

Nicole wrote:'I don't see anything... though to be strict everything here belongs to Colin.'
Anja wrote:"It does but I was more wondering if he wanted it kept here or tossed or brought to Steelhaven."
The death magus replied with a shrug.
He pondered, "The refrigerator has got to go - the things most... unclean, for lack of a better term; honestly, most of the furniture has probably seen too many human bodily fluids for comfort... At least the wooden furniture can be recycled through Toby's digestive tract, it seems..."

Anja wrote:"I don't know I thought we was moving as a group so I have not opened the door and checked."
Anna replied.
"Yes we are moving as a group, when the rest of you are done in the rec room let us move out."
Jeffry ordered.
He nodded, following Morgan and Anna, "Right you are."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:40 pm

He gave Nicole a small grin, "The Chief's hot chocolate is to die for. This recipe, that may have been quite literal, as the blend allegedly goes back to Aztec times."
He gave the hexagram a quick once-over to check for scuff marks or smudges before settling down.

The hexagram was kept nice and smooth and polished and looked in perfect order.
"Would you two like the sweetened version where brown sugar is added to the original recepie or the unsweetened original I prefer?"
Jeffry asked and you noticed two pots on his stove.
"And indeed hot chocolate was a ritual drink among the Aztec, the same among Christian monk orders."

He shook his head, "Well, earn or save money, I suppose - but I meant that renters will be free to upgrade and furnish any space they rent, within reason. Not that Steelhaven Hall will be providing all the flourishes as part of the rent agreement."

"Very well, that sounds reasonable enough."
Jeffry replied.

He shrugged, "To an extent - some components could be assembled piecemeal, and raw materials, well... we're mostly water, anyway. Besides, classical clay seems better suited for making, hm, investments, not merely dime-a-dozen meat puppets for medical training."

"So a whole technomagical lab can be brought in piece by piece and so is easier to transport but there is a universal law that say clay have to be transported in all in one mass."
The Chief said with a raised eyebrow.
"There is no problem making clay puppets as sparring partners and targets, and certainly it is no more difficult than to grow them in a vat."
The Hermetic said and Darrian nodded.
"I am with the Chief here Mr Wainwright, cloning takes time, allot of complicated equipment and it is certainly not easier than to make a construct out of clay if you have a mystical paradigm."

He frowned, "One would hope the grocery store doesn't lie about their suppliers, of course, though I'd be less inclined to trust, say, Wal-Mart..."

"Yeah dad those guys all work for Pentex."
Anna chimed in.

He looked Toby in the eye for a moment, "Hum, I'll have to figure that first one out, and as for the second... biomass is biomass, I do believe Toby is rather omnivorous, rather than a true carnivore..."

The eye looked at you and blinked. Anna nodded.
"I believe they eat just about anything."

He nodded, "Certainly would appear so..."

"Well that is practical."
Darrian said.

He grinned, "She always deflected and changed the subject when we asked if she worked at Bletchley... Took that knowledge with her to the grave, lovely old woman she was... Hum, the usual array at the time, Football Manager, Hungry Horace, Frogger, Pac-Man... hum, I fear the machine is no more, though - 35 years is a long time for the hardware..."

"I have played some of those retro games."
Marian replied.
"35 years wow that is older than I am with a year., what is Bletchky though?"

He pondered, "The refrigerator has got to go - the things most... unclean, for lack of a better term; honestly, most of the furniture has probably seen too many human bodily fluids for comfort... At least the wooden furniture can be recycled through Toby's digestive tract, it seems..."

"We can take the refrigerator with out and send it for recycling."
Marian said.
"It should not be a big problem Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, following Morgan and Anna, "Right you are."

Jeffry waited until all of the group was together again then he opened one of the doors in the corridor, it led to a small room with a velvet red pillow on the floor, one wall was all bone and was carved with a creepy triangle of body part, a small altar was there with dried blood in a bowl and burned out incense. Six eyeballs looked down at the meditation pillow from the walls.
"Cozy."
Jeffry muttered wryly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:43 pm

[Deaconess O'Connor's room]

Anja wrote:The Deaconess hesitated and ate a bit more of her cake.
"The dancer is beautiful when moving on glass but they might crash through and there are dangers in the cold, dark waters."
She replied as if it make perfect sense.
Anja wrote:Mara seamed to hesitate then she explained herself.
"It would be useful, you are a hero among the fae now and a powerful Dreamer your presence would add weight to our arguments but it would be dangerous, there are many in the Winter Court who would love to eat you...ask your Mentor if you can...more cake?"
She said and heaped more on your plate.
"Cake is good for the soul."

Serge ate a few more pieces of cake as he listened to the Deaconess explained herself. Once she was done he thought for a moment before speaking, though he did continue eating more cake to appease the Deaconess. "My mentor doesn't need more worries on her conscience. Perhaps an alternative would be better. Instead of the Winter Court...could I perhaps speak with the Summer Court, which I presume is Wilda's court. They should know of this information as well. And I feel like they'd be quite interested in meeting me."

Anja wrote:"I believe judging the world from your won habits might lead you to making errors kid."
Darrian said, Mundi growled a little at the TV.

"Don't worry Mundi. It won't hurt us." Serge said calmly to the dog.

Anja wrote:"I hope you will be skilled enough to stop your enemies from cutting your mind to pieces then kid."
Darrian said with a raised eyebrow.
"And yes trust is the most expensive of wares. Now when that is said I agree with the Chief I see no value in such a presentation and allot of risk it would be pointless."
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "If you think our enemies will be intimidated by your standing naked, covered in jelly, before them, you may have a slightly exaggerated opinion of your physical features. I should rather recommend you don't try it."

"It's the sheer audacity that's intimidating. Not the actual act." Serge said with a grin, obviously joking.

Anja wrote:The rec room had little else than what already mentioned. You found about ten bucks in change in the sofa pillows, and someone had hidden a bag of marshmallow chocolate bears in a flower put to have it to themselves.
Colin wrote:He nodded, following Morgan and Anna, "Right you are."
Anja wrote:Jeffry waited until all of the group was together again then he opened one of the doors in the corridor, it led to a small room with a velvet red pillow on the floor, one wall was all bone and was carved with a creepy triangle of body part, a small altar was there with dried blood in a bowl and burned out incense. Six eyeballs looked down at the meditation pillow from the walls.
"Cozy."
Jeffry muttered wryly.

Leaving the money on the tennis table where anyone could easily find it, Serge headed towards the new rooms opened up by Anna and explored those. He gazed around at the decor with a cautious but curious look. "Delicious." Serge said with the tone of a man who didn't know what to say. "So this is someone's room. Oooorrr a meditation chamber?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Serge ate a few more pieces of cake as he listened to the Deaconess explained herself. Once she was done he thought for a moment before speaking, though he did continue eating more cake to appease the Deaconess. "My mentor doesn't need more worries on her conscience. Perhaps an alternative would be better. Instead of the Winter Court...could I perhaps speak with the Summer Court, which I presume is Wilda's court. They should know of this information as well. And I feel like they'd be quite interested in meeting me."

"Yes...the summer court might be easier to deal with when you are not used to dealing with the Fae, it is not as simple as the Winter Court being evil and the Summer Court being good there are good and decent members of the Winter Court and horrible people who are in the Summer Court to be sure, but the Summer Court tend to be friendlier and given that you saved Lady Wilda who is indeed a princess of the Summer Court and my own grandfather's standing I believe I might be able to better assure your safety young artist. And yes the Duke of Summer do need to be told of Lady Ravene."
Mara said as she sipped her tea.

"Don't worry Mundi. It won't hurt us." Serge said calmly to the dog.

Mundi stopped growling and wagged his tail at you.

It's the sheer audacity that's intimidating. Not the actual act." Serge said with a grin, obviously joking.

"Well you might convince someone you are a Marauder young man."
Jeffry commented dryly.

Leaving the money on the tennis table where anyone could easily find it, Serge headed towards the new rooms opened up by Anna and explored those. He gazed around at the decor with a cautious but curious look. "Delicious." Serge said with the tone of a man who didn't know what to say. "So this is someone's room. Oooorrr a meditation chamber?"

"It is a meditation chamber Sir, personal rooms are further into the Labyrinth."
Anna replied.
"That door across the hall is cleared of wards as well."
She said pointing since the meditation chamber had just one door and did not lead anywhere.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:01 am

Anja wrote:"Yes...the summer court might be easier to deal with when you are not used to dealing with the Fae, it is not as simple as the Winter Court being evil and the Summer Court being good there are good and decent members of the Winter Court and horrible people who are in the Summer Court to be sure, but the Summer Court tend to be friendlier and given that you saved Lady Wilda who is indeed a princess of the Summer Court and my own grandfather's standing I believe I might be able to better assure your safety young artist. And yes the Duke of Summer do need to be told of Lady Ravene."
Mara said as she sipped her tea.

"The brightest summer days cast the darkest shadows. I understand that there many shades of grey mixed into our colorful world. Nothing is ever painted with a single color." Serge said with a nod. "Thank you for being so accommodating Deaconess. I know you'd rather I stay put. But you must be able to foresee the attention I'm about to receive. 'The Hero who brought a fae back from the dead'! People don't just leave stories like that alone. I'm about to receive a lot of attention from the fae folk. Good and Bad. I'd rather I learn how to deal with them as quickly as possible before I meet them in less...accommodating situations."

Anja wrote:Mundi stopped growling and wagged his tail at you.

Serge smiled at the happy dog and then said, "Say how about you and I buddy up for this little labyrinth tour Mundi? I can't see spirits so you can warn me if any come alright?"

Anja wrote:"It is a meditation chamber Sir, personal rooms are further into the Labyrinth."
Anna replied.
She said pointing since the meditation chamber had just one door and did not lead anywhere.

"Either way doesn't look like there's much here. Except for some flakes of blood. And this nifty altar though I feel like it's just brimming with Nephandic energy." Serge said eyeing the altar.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:32 am

"The brightest summer days cast the darkest shadows. I understand that there many shades of grey mixed into our colorful world. Nothing is ever painted with a single color." Serge said with a nod.

"Indeed we like to put things into boxes, but those boxes seldomly fit with the Fae, what makes them often dangerous is not malevolence but just how alien they are. In a way they are like you child, often others are the Chantry see you as alien or childish since you think differently. The Summer Court though is about life and dynamism while the Winter Court is about Stasis and Entropy though that to is an over simplification."
The Deaconess said before another big bite of cake vanished into her mouth.
"Think of it like this in old Norse societies you hoped that if you saw an elf you better hope it was a Dökkálfar and not a Ljósálfar, both was dangerous but the dark elves was easier to understand and so could be negotiated with while a light elf might just decide to turn you into a toadstool because you flung your hair to the left while saying good morning and that was a mortal insult that day. The Summer Court is a little easier to understand than the Winter Court."

"Thank you for being so accommodating Deaconess. I know you'd rather I stay put. But you must be able to foresee the attention I'm about to receive. 'The Hero who brought a fae back from the dead'! People don't just leave stories like that alone. I'm about to receive a lot of attention from the fae folk. Good and Bad. I'd rather I learn how to deal with them as quickly as possible before I meet them in less...accommodating situations."

"I am not fond of crowds no but among the Fae I am more comfortable than others, my problem to is that it is a struggle to think like humans do, it wear me out. If I am myself no one understand me."
The large woman said with a sigh.
"But yes you not only brought the princess black from the dead but from a fate worse than death you will get quite a bit of attention."

Serge smiled at the happy dog and then said, "Say how about you and I buddy up for this little labyrinth tour Mundi? I can't see spirits so you can warn me if any come alright?"

Mundi wagged his tail happily and pushed his huge head against you for pats.

"Either way doesn't look like there's much here. Except for some flakes of blood. And this nifty altar though I feel like it's just brimming with Nephandic energy." Serge said eyeing the altar.

"Yes that is pretty Resonated."
Darrian said, he held a round glass in a frame up to his left eye and scowled at the altar.
"Hey there is a library in here."
Anna said as she had opened the other cleared door. That made the Hermetics' ears perk up.
"Library you say young Miss Wainwright."
Jeffry muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:53 pm

Warp's Post:

A derisory look at Colin, tone scathing. 'I expected better from you than that. Your example blows massively; making spoons is your trade. If I only like, want one it's cheaper in the whole to simply buy one of yours. I have no problem rewarding your hard-earned skill and experience fairly; can't, if I expect similar for mine.'

Anja's Post:

Warp's Post:

On taking in the surroundings, a distinct unease was clear in the Etherite, and not just because it was somebody else's home. Giving a polite greetings to Kyle, she followed in Colin's wake and sat down on the couch, somewhat stiffly, like how you'd sit in a cluttered home of an elderly relative.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... you pick, sir.' she replied, feeling a bit uncertain about herself right now.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... she's a giant rat, 'bit bigger than your coffee table. As for talking... how do you think I know how she got in? Kinda reminded me of a smallish kid, p'haps about eight to ten. Heard one side of it begging for treats off Serge.'

Anja's Post:

'I see. And how can you make sure they actually follow it?' giving a suspicious look.

[Continuity error; spirit said they'd got in to the Chantry a couple of weeks ago. But wouldn't Colin etc have spotted her before now? Oh, and I re-jigged the order with the Chief; though it flowed better this way.]

Anja's Post:

'Just making a point, sir. That part of the reason the Fallen get away with this... evil is because they know Mundie society doesn't care.'

Warp's Post:

'Of course - all depends on who's doing the telling. Like how experienced are they in that field, and how inclined to BS they are.'

Warp's Post:

'Yay. It's finally sinking in that the costs of this may be bigger than one person to handle. May I suggest considering finding business partners for this?' tone a little sarcastic.

Anja's Post:

'Why?' she replied, giving Dion a glance while wielding the tape-measure. 'If blood oozed out of everything which was made on the back of exploitation, we'd all drown in an ocean of it.'

Anja's Post:

'That name again...' giving a frown, trying to recall where she'd heard it.

Anja's Post:

'So... lots of yard waste would do it? Y'know, leaves, grass clippings, bushes? Assuming we could find a way to transport it all here?'

Warp's Post:

'Would said... puppets be digestible afterwards?' giving a little frown, clearly finding this tangent rather objectionable.

Anja's Post:

Nicole coughed loudly here. 'Nice to see nobody listened to me this morning. That when I was going out to the Fernald with Miles to help dismantle the cloning facility set up there. Kit is now in crates at Lowell. What's more, I think they have folks there who know how to use it.'

Anja's Post:

'Fucking hell... s'pose you never like stay in no motels then...' she replied sarcastically, on hearing the Orphan's fastidiousness.

Anja's Post:

Nicole's tool-roll deserved respect. Even those who knew little about tools could see that. A grey fabric number weighing in about three kilos, unfurling to around sixty centimetres – and with every single one with a pouch, pocket or elastic holder containing something. Several small battery tools or their attachments [multimeter, rotary drill, soldering iron], a series of heavier multi-purpose tools [claw-hammer, adjustable wrench, omni-hex key] then a collection of jeweller's and electrician's tools [probes, screwdrivers, mounted mirror], finally a few tubes of products [sealant, superglue, putty] and a small bottle of oil. Half the roll was taken up by a series of small clear plastic packets; of screws, wires, nails, clips, washers and other odd items unidentifiable by a layperson.

The mixture of age and brands of the tools make it clear this was a custom load, presumably done by the Etherite herself. Anyone who knew tools would spot several of them were of high quality. Perhaps less outwardly impressive than her weapons, but just as vital - providing the other half of "combat engineer".

[Okay, I didn't need to put this in, but felt it best to flesh out her combat tool-kit before it's properly needed.]

Warp's Post:

'Lab during World War Two. Turing and others worked on the first electrical computers there, helped to defeat the Nazis.' the Etherite replied while gingerly fingering a wall.

Anja's Post:

The Etherite took up the rear, continuing to wheel the dolly. A raised eyebrow to the altar-room, but not much more interest from this. 'Okay, anything dangerous in this one?...' pulling out her tape, ready to mark out the dangerous bits.

Anja's Post:

'Let joy be unconfined.' the large woman retorted sarcastically, perhaps one of the most bibliophobic members of the Chantry. 'You better be telling me the next room's the armoury or a workshop...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:18 am

Nicole wrote:A derisory look at Colin, tone scathing. 'I expected better from you than that. Your example blows massively; making spoons is your trade. If I only like, want one it's cheaper in the whole to simply buy one of yours. I have no problem rewarding your hard-earned skill and experience fairly; can't, if I expect similar for mine.'
Colin shook his head, "Making spoons is part of my trade, yes, but custom Foci, and eventually genuine artifice, are so as well. I've no objection to paying others for their skills, for expedience, but I can't continue doing so for items I intend to craft, myself. Likewise, I've no reason to object if others want to practice their own silverwork instead of purchasing from me; hell, I'd be glad to offer lessons, even. Accordingly, if I need a bit of machinery, I'd consult with you, and if I need some solid steel, I'd ask Bruce about it - at the very least before just going out shopping for the items in question."

Anja wrote:The hexagram was kept nice and smooth and polished and looked in perfect order.
"Would you two like the sweetened version where brown sugar is added to the original recepie or the unsweetened original I prefer?"
Jeffry asked and you noticed two pots on his stove.
"And indeed hot chocolate was a ritual drink among the Aztec, the same among Christian monk orders."
Nicole wrote:'Erm... you pick, sir.' she replied, feeling a bit uncertain about herself right now.
He nodded, "Lightly sweetened, if you please. And I thought the Christian monastic orders adopted coffee early? Can't say I'd heard they adopted cocoa from the New World, or at least, not very quickly."

Nicole wrote:'I see. And how can you make sure they actually follow it?' giving a suspicious look.
He smiled wryly, "Spirits are slightly different from humans; we have more free will than they have - their word is their bond, far more than any being of flesh. Because spirits are, in a manner, their word - they are their Name, and are bound and limited and empowered by the same. The most a spirit can do is interpret a contract literally - but they're overall far less able to interpret and think laterally than the Fair Folk are."

((OOC: Ah, well, Colin can't see through walls, at least not normally - if the spirit hid in cabinets and vacant rooms, Colin wouldn't have spotted it from the hallways. He can see them like he can see normal people - which is to say, so long as the line of sight is unobstructed.))

Jeremy wrote:"It's the sheer audacity that's intimidating. Not the actual act." Serge said with a grin, obviously joking.
Anja wrote:"Well you might convince someone you are a Marauder young man."
Jeffry commented dryly.
He chuckled, "Having faced an angry, powerful Marauder and won, I can vouch for the intimidation factor there, at the very least."

Nicole wrote:'Yay. It's finally sinking in that the costs of this may be bigger than one person to handle. May I suggest considering finding business partners for this?' tone a little sarcastic.
He sighed, "It's not the considering that's the problem, it's the persuading... Well, on the list."

Nicole wrote:'Would said... puppets be digestible afterwards?' giving a little frown, clearly finding this tangent rather objectionable.
He frowned, "Digestible, undoubtedly. But the term 'empty calories' comes to mind..."

Anja wrote:"So a whole technomagical lab can be brought in piece by piece and so is easier to transport but there is a universal law that say clay have to be transported in all in one mass."
The Chief said with a raised eyebrow.
"There is no problem making clay puppets as sparring partners and targets, and certainly it is no more difficult than to grow them in a vat."
The Hermetic said and Darrian nodded.
"I am with the Chief here Mr Wainwright, cloning takes time, allot of complicated equipment and it is certainly not easier than to make a construct out of clay if you have a mystical paradigm."
Nicole wrote:Nicole coughed loudly here. 'Nice to see nobody listened to me this morning. That when I was going out to the Fernald with Miles to help dismantle the cloning facility set up there. Kit is now in crates at Lowell. What's more, I think they have folks there who know how to use it.'
He pondered, "Well, I do concede those points, Sirs, but Miss Bouchard does raise a valid point, as well. And I shall admit, there's a dark little part of me that wouldn't mind using Wallace Jace's cloning equipment to make clones of Wallace Jace for target practice..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah dad those guys all work for Pentex."
Anna chimed in.
Nicole wrote:'That name again...' giving a frown, trying to recall where she'd heard it.
He pondered, "Where... hum... was it Dino?"

Nicole wrote:'So... lots of yard waste would do it? Y'know, leaves, grass clippings, bushes? Assuming we could find a way to transport it all here?'
He nodded thoughtfully, "Yard waste, food waste, pretty much any biomass should do..."

Nicole wrote:'Fucking hell... s'pose you never like stay in no motels then...' she replied sarcastically, on hearing the Orphan's fastidiousness.
He shrugged, "I try to avoid it - though I sincerely doubt motel rooms routinely see the sort of abuse and violations you'd find in a Labyrinth."

Anja wrote:"I have played some of those retro games."
Marian replied.
"35 years wow that is older than I am with a year., what is Bletchky though?"
Nicole wrote:'Lab during World War Two. Turing and others worked on the first electrical computers there, helped to defeat the Nazis.' the Etherite replied while gingerly fingering a wall.
He gave Nicole a nod and turned to Marian, "What she said, Britain's finest minds working to crack the Nazis' secret codes, using the most advanced technology available. At one point, three-quarters of its staff of ten thousand were women, which is quite impressive. As I said, Gran took her secret to the grave; the only reason we suspect she served there is the... distinct gap in her history, as it were."

Anja wrote:Jeffry waited until all of the group was together again then he opened one of the doors in the corridor, it led to a small room with a velvet red pillow on the floor, one wall was all bone and was carved with a creepy triangle of body part, a small altar was there with dried blood in a bowl and burned out incense. Six eyeballs looked down at the meditation pillow from the walls.
"Cozy."
Jeffry muttered wryly.
Jeremy wrote:Leaving the money on the tennis table where anyone could easily find it, Serge headed towards the new rooms opened up by Anna and explored those. He gazed around at the decor with a cautious but curious look. "Delicious." Serge said with the tone of a man who didn't know what to say. "So this is someone's room. Oooorrr a meditation chamber?"
Anja wrote:"It is a meditation chamber Sir, personal rooms are further into the Labyrinth."
Anna replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Either way doesn't look like there's much here. Except for some flakes of blood. And this nifty altar though I feel like it's just brimming with Nephandic energy." Serge said eyeing the altar.
Anja wrote:"Yes that is pretty Resonated."
Darrian said, he held a round glass in a frame up to his left eye and scowled at the altar.
Nicole wrote:The Etherite took up the rear, continuing to wheel the dolly. A raised eyebrow to the altar-room, but not much more interest from this. 'Okay, anything dangerous in this one?...' pulling out her tape, ready to mark out the dangerous bits.
He frowned at the sight of the room, "Ah... just shut the door and leave it, I'll try to get Toby to absorb the whole room. This one isn't worth salvaging..."

Anja wrote:"Hey there is a library in here."
Anna said as she had opened the other cleared door. That made the Hermetics' ears perk up.
Jeffry muttered.
Nicole wrote:'Let joy be unconfined.' the large woman retorted sarcastically, perhaps one of the most bibliophobic members of the Chantry. 'You better be telling me the next room's the armoury or a workshop...'
He shrugged, "I think those are slightly further ahead, though I do wonder how many of those books would be deemed... hm, is 'heretical' an appropriate term for Qlippothic tomes?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:28 am

Anja wrote:"Indeed we like to put things into boxes, but those boxes seldomly fit with the Fae, what makes them often dangerous is not malevolence but just how alien they are. In a way they are like you child, often others are the Chantry see you as alien or childish since you think differently. The Summer Court though is about life and dynamism while the Winter Court is about Stasis and Entropy though that to is an over simplification."
The Deaconess said before another big bite of cake vanished into her mouth.
"Think of it like this in old Norse societies you hoped that if you saw an elf you better hope it was a Dökkálfar and not a Ljósálfar, both was dangerous but the dark elves was easier to understand and so could be negotiated with while a light elf might just decide to turn you into a toadstool because you flung your hair to the left while saying good morning and that was a mortal insult that day. The Summer Court is a little easier to understand than the Winter Court."
Anja wrote:"I am not fond of crowds no but among the Fae I am more comfortable than others, my problem to is that it is a struggle to think like humans do, it wear me out. If I am myself no one understand me."
The large woman said with a sigh.
"But yes you not only brought the princess black from the dead but from a fate worse than death you will get quite a bit of attention."

Serge listened to the Deaconess speak, parsing through the knowledge as it came before him. He ate his cake and drank his soda and listened, absorbing as much as he could. "That is another reason why I came here today Deaconess. To learn. There's so much about the fae I don't know. I just learned that there magick is called 'Arts'. That they have differing courts. There may be different kinds of fae just like there are different kinds of vampire. I need to learn as much as I can. No, I want to learn as much as I can. So if it's alright with you. I'd hope you could teach me."

(OOC: If the Deaconess does agree to teach Serge you don't need to write it all out Anja. This is just a convenient way for Serge to get his second dot in Fae Lore which should be enough to let him know the general layout of things. I'll spend the xp necessary if you agree.)

Anja wrote:Mundi wagged his tail happily and pushed his huge head against you for pats.

"Yes yes you are a good boy Mundi." Serge said patting Mundi's head. "You'll be my Rodrigo #2 for this trip."

Anja wrote:"Yes that is pretty Resonated."
"Hey there is a library in here."
Jeffry muttered.

"Neat. Let's see if there are any cursed books that'll make your eyes melt." Serge said excitedly as he headed towards the library.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:28 am

On taking in the surroundings, a distinct unease was clear in the Etherite, and not just because it was somebody else's home. Giving a polite greetings to Kyle, she followed in Colin's wake and sat down on the couch, somewhat stiffly, like how you'd sit in a cluttered home of an elderly relative.

Kyle had not talked with Nicole much and he scratched his reddish brown hair.
"So you are a Sons of Ether right Ma'am?"
He asked awkwardly making small talk.

'Erm... you pick, sir.' she replied, feeling a bit uncertain about herself right now.

"Oh no don't say this Ma'am my Mentor drink chocolate so bitter it could melt the spoon!
Kyle exclaimed which made Jeffry chuckle.

Yeah... she's a giant rat, 'bit bigger than your coffee table. As for talking... how do you think I know how she got in? Kinda reminded me of a smallish kid, p'haps about eight to ten. Heard one side of it begging for treats off Serge.'

"Hum...that sounds like a jaggerling...yes one dram a month should suffice unless there is something else the spririt desire for her services."
Jeffry said with a nod.

'I see. And how can you make sure they actually follow it?' giving a suspicious look.

"Most spirits will always follow a contract it is in their nature to do so Miss Bouchard, if not then you will have to force them with magick but I do not like doing that, I am not of a mind to own slaves, if a spirit break it's contract I will simply banish it."
The Chief said.

He nodded, "Lightly sweetened, if you please. And I thought the Christian monastic orders adopted coffee early? Can't say I'd heard they adopted cocoa from the New World, or at least, not very quickly."

"Off course before there was a link between the old and the new world Christian orders did not have cocoa Mr Wainwright but when it was discovered Christian orders quickly adopted it as it is nourishing but was considered a drink for fasting purposes."
Jeffry said as he filled mugs adding brown sugar.

He smiled wryly, "Spirits are slightly different from humans; we have more free will than they have - their word is their bond, far more than any being of flesh. Because spirits are, in a manner, their word - they are their Name, and are bound and limited and empowered by the same. The most a spirit can do is interpret a contract literally - but they're overall far less able to interpret and think laterally than the Fair Folk are."

"Indeed spirits have less free will, they are what they are perfectly and while some can find ways to break a contract most will not, once a contract is made, that do not meant hey will not try trickery though."
Jeffry said before he put the cups of chocolate on the table, one cup for each, the cups was red porcelain with a flame pattern.

Serge listened to the Deaconess speak, parsing through the knowledge as it came before him. He ate his cake and drank his soda and listened, absorbing as much as he could. "That is another reason why I came here today Deaconess. To learn. There's so much about the fae I don't know. I just learned that there magick is called 'Arts'. That they have differing courts. There may be different kinds of fae just like there are different kinds of vampire. I need to learn as much as I can. No, I want to learn as much as I can. So if it's alright with you. I'd hope you could teach me."

"Oh yes there are different kinds of fae, about any fairy creature you have heard of exist as it's own Kith as they are called."
The Deaconess said then she smiled.
"Know you what child what about a trade if you come here for lessons once a week I will teach you about the fae and in return you can teach me how to draw."
The large woman offered before sipping her tea and clearing her plate of cake.

"Yes yes you are a good boy Mundi." Serge said patting Mundi's head. "You'll be my Rodrigo #2 for this trip."

Rodrigo danced on the floro and Mundi looked pleased with himself.

"Neat. Let's see if there are any cursed books that'll make your eyes melt." Serge said excitedly as he headed towards the library.

"Let us try not to have our eyeballs melted child."
Jeffry said.
"In other words don't touch anything before we say it is ok."
He said looking pointedly at Serge with that order.

He chuckled, "Having faced an angry, powerful Marauder and won, I can vouch for the intimidation factor there, at the very least."

"Well there is that Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.

He frowned, "Digestible, undoubtedly. But the term 'empty calories' comes to mind..."

"They can probably be eaten Mam but they will probably lieke dad say not be very nourishing."
Anna replied.

Nicole coughed loudly here. 'Nice to see nobody listened to me this morning. That when I was going out to the Fernald with Miles to help dismantle the cloning facility set up there. Kit is now in crates at Lowell. What's more, I think they have folks there who know how to use it.'

He pondered, "Well, I do concede those points, Sirs, but Miss Bouchard does raise a valid point, as well. And I shall admit, there's a dark little part of me that wouldn't mind using Wallace Jace's cloning equipment to make clones of Wallace Jace for target practice..."

"Well that is neither here nor there for a moment so this debate is pointless at the moment."
The Chief said.
"By all means if you can use Technomagick do that but you will be on you own with it."

He pondered, "Where... hum... was it Dino?"

"Dino dad?"
Anna asked sounding confused.

'That name again...' giving a frown, trying to recall where she'd heard it.

Pentex Ma'am they are the manifestation of crony cappitalism and are buddy buddy with the Nephandi."
Anna explained.

'So... lots of yard waste would do it? Y'know, leaves, grass clippings, bushes? Assuming we could find a way to transport it all here?'

He nodded thoughtfully, "Yard waste, food waste, pretty much any biomass should do..."

"Yes that should do it as well."
Anna confirmed.

Fucking hell... s'pose you never like stay in no motels then...' she replied sarcastically, on hearing the Orphan's fastidiousness.

He shrugged, "I try to avoid it - though I sincerely doubt motel rooms routinely see the sort of abuse and violations you'd find in a Labyrinth."

"Yeah here is the thing I bring my own sheets to motels but I would rather sleep on someone's old spunk than on chopped up bodies."
Marian said with a frown.

'Lab during World War Two. Turing and others worked on the first electrical computers there, helped to defeat the Nazis.' the Etherite replied while gingerly fingering a wall.

He gave Nicole a nod and turned to Marian, "What she said, Britain's finest minds working to crack the Nazis' secret codes, using the most advanced technology available. At one point, three-quarters of its staff of ten thousand were women, which is quite impressive. As I said, Gran took her secret to the grave; the only reason we suspect she served there is the... distinct gap in her history, as it were."

"That is pretty cool."
Marian said.
"Sounds like your gran was quite a lady Mr Wainwright."

He frowned at the sight of the room, "Ah... just shut the door and leave it, I'll try to get Toby to absorb the whole room. This one isn't worth salvaging..."

Jeffry nodded and closed the door.
"That is probably for the best Mr Wainwright."

He shrugged, "I think those are slightly further ahead, though I do wonder how many of those books would be deemed... hm, is 'heretical' an appropriate term for Qlippothic tomes?"

"Well unless you are Fallen you can not use Qliphotic magick but reading about it is not against the law, but I would not give the material to the apprentices."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Any books that try to lead a person to Fall is another matter though."

'Just making a point, sir. That part of the reason the Fallen get away with this... evil is because they know Mundie society doesn't care.'

"Miss Bouchard there is certainly Entropic currents in society that support the Nephandi, and there is a general corruption that leas to people loosing hope but sleeper society would not accept hearing about a order of evil mages torturing people to death and feeding it to their monster home."
Jeffry replied.

Why?' she replied, giving Dion a glance while wielding the tape-measure. 'If blood oozed out of everything which was made on the back of exploitation, we'd all drown in an ocean of it.'

"Miss Bouchard there is a huge difference between something having been made in ways where workers was not treated right and something was gown with actual courses."
The young Chorister said.
"Unethical business practices is bad I am not claiming otherwise but this is different."

Nicole's tool-roll deserved respect. Even those who knew little about tools could see that. A grey fabric number weighing in about three kilos, unfurling to around sixty centimetres – and with every single one with a pouch, pocket or elastic holder containing something. Several small battery tools or their attachments [multimeter, rotary drill, soldering iron], a series of heavier multi-purpose tools [claw-hammer, adjustable wrench, omni-hex key] then a collection of jeweller's and electrician's tools [probes, screwdrivers, mounted mirror], finally a few tubes of products [sealant, superglue, putty] and a small bottle of oil. Half the roll was taken up by a series of small clear plastic packets; of screws, wires, nails, clips, washers and other odd items unidentifiable by a layperson.

The mixture of age and brands of the tools make it clear this was a custom load, presumably done by the Etherite herself. Anyone who knew tools would spot several of them were of high quality. Perhaps less outwardly impressive than her weapons, but just as vital - providing the other half of "combat engineer".

"Most impressive kit Miss Bouchard."
Darrian said looking over your shoulder.
"Most impressive indeed."

The Etherite took up the rear, continuing to wheel the dolly. A raised eyebrow to the altar-room, but not much more interest from this. 'Okay, anything dangerous in this one?...' pulling out her tape, ready to mark out the dangerous bits.

"It is a bit corrupted and Entropic Ma'am but not dangerous as such."
Anna replied.

Let joy be unconfined.' the large woman retorted sarcastically, perhaps one of the most bibliophobic members of the Chantry. 'You better be telling me the next room's the armoury or a workshop...'

"Well there are probably such rooms somewhere Ma'am."
Anna said before she headed into the library.

(OOC: I will wait with the library until we have finished the threads for the other rooms to not make these replies even longer. Basically it is easier for me to reply often to shorter posts than sit an hour with one post once a day.)
(OOC 2: The rat spirit have been in Nicole's room for a few weeks but that do not mean it have been around where Colin have seen her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:21 pm

Warp's Post:

'If it was something special... even more reason to pay someone else to do it. 'Cos they'd do it so much better than me. If someone drove into the Shop in a classic Porche or ancient Packard, I'd tell 'em that a specialist would be a better call than me.'

Anja's Post:

'Then I might like it then.' she quipped; being one of the few people who'd never liked chocolate. At least, not the types produced by the likes of Hershey and Mars.

Anja's Post:

'That I am. Ain't seen you about much here.' she replied.

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying. 'It has the shape of a rat. Does this mean it has the, like personality and needs of one?'

Anja's Post:

'And less likely... wait. Can they reason like us?' taking one of the cups and trying a tiny sip.

[Well, it's only the spirit saying it got in a couple weeks back. At this stage, it's easy for us to forget that line, if needed/desired. Or it to be confused; spirits aren't great at handling linear time concepts. Or it hid on purpose when Colin came to the apartment; in this game spirits seem to know who can/can't observe them (and like a real rat, desired to not be detected).]

Anja's Post:

'Don't need to know everything to be able to think "children are vanishing without trace. Perhaps we should stop that".' she replied. 'Or to be in such a way it was impossible to get away with it for long.'

Anja's Post:

'Really? Why would that be a special type of evil?'

Warp's Post:

The frown was returned. 'No such thing... not really. Either the calories are required or not. Are you saying this thing don't run on calorie energy at all?'

Anja's Post:

'Yet much easier to come by. Cheaper too. Might even help the "rotten beef-stuffed colon" smell going on...'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm? Like what you see?' she quipped, giving a little grin. Job done, she then replaced the multimeter into the pouch, rolled it back up and tied it off.

Warp's Post:

'Can't be; never met wolfy.' she replied dismissively. 'Wait... Strawberry? No, Coawa. Last night.'

Warp's Post:

'What do you mean by "absorb the room"?'

Warp's Post:

'Hmm... if it can eat trees, it can eat books...' she said thoughtfully, giving a smirk.

[Now I've done that description, am going to add it to Nick's 'Science' section of her records.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:16 am

Then I might like it then.' she quipped; being one of the few people who'd never liked chocolate. At least, not the types produced by the likes of Hershey and Mars.

Kyle looked shocked and he sipped from his own sweet chocolate.

That I am. Ain't seen you about much here.' she replied.

"Yeah I have been busy with studies Ma'am and when not studying I spend time with my parents or play video games with Shawn and Anna, sometimes we play cards."
The boy said after another sip of hot chocolate.

A short silence before replying. 'It has the shape of a rat. Does this mean it has the, like personality and needs of one?'

"Yes that is quite likely, a spirit's manifested form tend to say allot about their prsonality and needs."
Jeffry confirmed with a nod.

And less likely... wait. Can they reason like us?' taking one of the cups and trying a tiny sip.

[Well, it's only the spirit saying it got in a couple weeks back. At this stage, it's easy for us to forget that line, if needed/desired. Or it to be confused; spirits aren't great at handling linear time concepts. Or it hid on purpose when Colin came to the apartment; in this game spirits seem to know who can/can't observe them (and like a real rat, desired to not be detected).]

Since you had not asked for sugar the drink was very bitter but with a rich flavor and a hint of chilli burn.
"Yes spirits are thinking beings just like us Miss Bouchard but they are more set in their ways they are one thing and can not choose their own development like we can, they also tend to see all time as happening in an eternal now which can make them hard to understand at times."

Don't need to know everything to be able to think "children are vanishing without trace. Perhaps we should stop that".' she replied. 'Or to be in such a way it was impossible to get away with it for long.'

"And what exactly can a regular sleeper do when they hear someone have vanished, they have no powers and a job that just pay the bills and a family occupying their time what exactly should they in your opinion do Miss Bouchard?"
Dion replied.
"They do not even know who have kidnapped these people, so what do you want them to do? Go scream in the streets, abandoning their lives and for what? Nothing as it will accomplish nothing."

Really? Why would that be a special type of evil?'

"If you have no problem with a place that corrupt souls or for that matter cannibalism Ma'am good for you but I think most would find it questionable."
The Chorister replied and she raised an eyebrow.

The frown was returned. 'No such thing... not really. Either the calories are required or not. Are you saying this thing don't run on calorie energy at all?'

"The Labyrinth live on Quintessence Ma'am calories is part of the Technomantic paradigm that do not apply here."
Anna replies.

Yet much easier to come by. Cheaper too. Might even help the "rotten beef-stuffed colon" smell going on...'

"That comes from the walls Maäm"
Anna replied.

Hmm? Like what you see?' she quipped, giving a little grin. Job done, she then replaced the multimeter into the pouch, rolled it back up and tied it off.

"Oh indeed Miss Bouchard a well organized tool case is a pleasure to behold."
The old alchemist replied with a grin.

Hmm... if it can eat trees, it can eat books...' she said thoughtfully, giving a smirk.

Jeffry looked a bit horrified.
"Well ehm...let us see what books we are talking about first Miss Bouchard."
The old Hermetic commented and Darrian nodded he also looked horrified by the notion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:34 pm

Nicole wrote:'If it was something special... even more reason to pay someone else to do it. 'Cos they'd do it so much better than me. If someone drove into the Shop in a classic Porche or ancient Packard, I'd tell 'em that a specialist would be a better call than me.'
Colin gate this a moment's consideration, "Urgency is one thing, and working on an extant product another, but when it comes to advancing my own craft, well... I'd be loath to simply go shopping for something I should be able to make for myself - assuming I have the time to do the work. If time is an issue, the equation changes."

Anja wrote:"Indeed spirits have less free will, they are what they are perfectly and while some can find ways to break a contract most will not, once a contract is made, that do not meant hey will not try trickery though."
Jeffry said before he put the cups of chocolate on the table, one cup for each, the cups was red porcelain with a flame pattern.
Nicole wrote:'And less likely... wait. Can they reason like us?' taking one of the cups and trying a tiny sip.
Anja wrote:Since you had not asked for sugar the drink was very bitter but with a rich flavor and a hint of chilli burn.
"Yes spirits are thinking beings just like us Miss Bouchard but they are more set in their ways they are one thing and can not choose their own development like we can, they also tend to see all time as happening in an eternal now which can make them hard to understand at times."
He sipped his own cup, nostrils flaring out a bit to appreciate the aroma, "Causality is one point where it can be difficult to understand spirits... but they often tend to be very... narrowly interested. Their ability to reason isn't at issue, though their basis for reasoning may be... somewhat at a right angle to yours."

Anja wrote:"Off course before there was a link between the old and the new world Christian orders did not have cocoa Mr Wainwright but when it was discovered Christian orders quickly adopted it as it is nourishing but was considered a drink for fasting purposes."
Jeffry said as he filled mugs adding brown sugar.
He smiled wryly, "Ah, of course - trust monks to find loopholes in doctrine..."

Anja wrote:"Dino dad?"
Anna asked sounding confused.
Nicole wrote:'Can't be; never met wolfy.' she replied dismissively. 'Wait... Strawberry? No, Coawa. Last night.'
He shrugged, "Who mentioned Pentex to me... Hum, would be shateshifters, I suppose..."

Anja wrote:Pentex Ma'am they are the manifestation of crony cappitalism and are buddy buddy with the Nephandi."
Anna explained.
He sighed, "From the explanation, I hazard it's a branch of the Union... probably the Syndicate."

Nicole wrote:The frown was returned. 'No such thing... not really. Either the calories are required or not. Are you saying this thing don't run on calorie energy at all?'
Anja wrote:"The Labyrinth live on Quintessence Ma'am calories is part of the Technomantic paradigm that do not apply here."
Anna replies.
He gave Anna a nod, "As she said, it lives on the Quintessence that makes up the biomass it eats - and some biomass is a lot richer in the stuff than other kinds. I don't know how sustaining clay turned to flesh would be... probably something akin to cheap instant noodles for you or me."

Anja wrote:"That is pretty cool."
Marian said.
"Sounds like your gran was quite a lady Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "She was, rest her soul. She taught me largely everything I know about computers... well, prior to the advent of Windows '95, that is."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded and closed the door.
"That is probably for the best Mr Wainwright."
Nicole wrote:'What do you mean by "absorb the room"?'
He patted the wall, "Toby is a living being, who can grow and change, and shift around his internal, hm, geometry. That includes expanding to open new rooms as needed, or absorbing old ones to make space for other things, or to seal off things that need to be sealed away forever. Communicating clearly is the tricky bit, but I believe I can explain what to change, given a few attempts. But I should rather not try that while there are people rummaging around nearby the affected area."

Jeremy wrote:"Neat. Let's see if there are any cursed books that'll make your eyes melt." Serge said excitedly as he headed towards the library.
Anja wrote:"Let us try not to have our eyeballs melted child."
Jeffry said.
He frowned, "Honestly, I don't think even the Nephandi would want to keep books that melt eyeballs in their library - can't corrupt readers that way. Books that do, hm, not-nice things to your mind and soul, on the other hand..."

Anja wrote:"Well unless you are Fallen you can not use Qliphotic magick but reading about it is not against the law, but I would not give the material to the apprentices."
"Any books that try to lead a person to Fall is another matter though."
Nicole wrote:'Hmm... if it can eat trees, it can eat books...' she said thoughtfully, giving a smirk.
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked a bit horrified.
"Well ehm...let us see what books we are talking about first Miss Bouchard."
The old Hermetic commented and Darrian nodded he also looked horrified by the notion.
He grimaced, "Let's not feed cursed books to the friendly polyp - he might be influenced by them, and I'd rather not see what happens if that were to be the case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:24 pm

He sipped his own cup, nostrils flaring out a bit to appreciate the aroma, "Causality is one point where it can be difficult to understand spirits... but they often tend to be very... narrowly interested. Their ability to reason isn't at issue, though their basis for reasoning may be... somewhat at a right angle to yours."

"Think of it this way, if you have a spirit who is a manifestation of water, it will not understand anything beyond water as water is what it is. Spirits are bound to their nature."
Jeffry replied.
"Well most are...hum how are the chocolate Mr Wainwright?"

He smiled wryly, "Ah, of course - trust monks to find loopholes in doctrine..."

"Indeed so."
The Chief said with a chuckle.
"I mean if you live in an monastery with nothing but prayer you might try to stretch the rules for a bit of enjoyment as well."

He shrugged, "Who mentioned Pentex to me... Hum, would be shateshifters, I suppose..."

"Yeah that could be dad, they are pretty against Pentex the shapeshifters are."
Anna replied.

He sighed, "From the explanation, I hazard it's a branch of the Union... probably the Syndicate."

"No they are not Union dad, Pentex might have some Fallen Syndicate members but they are straight up an organization of oblivion and corruption."
Anna said shaking her head.

He gave Anna a nod, "As she said, it lives on the Quintessence that makes up the biomass it eats - and some biomass is a lot richer in the stuff than other kinds. I don't know how sustaining clay turned to flesh would be... probably something akin to cheap instant noodles for you or me."

"If some of the magical animating energies was left in the clay corpses then perhaps dad, if not then nto much."
Your apprentice said with a shrug.

He smiled, "She was, rest her soul. She taught me largely everything I know about computers... well, prior to the advent of Windows '95, that is."

Marian nodded at that.
"She sounds wonderful indeed Mr Wainwright. A good life worth celebrating. I hope she also had a good death."

He frowned, "Honestly, I don't think even the Nephandi would want to keep books that melt eyeballs in their library - can't corrupt readers that way. Books that do, hm, not-nice things to your mind and soul, on the other hand..."

"Well never underestimate the entertainment value of seeing someone else suffering horrible wounds."
Anna commented bitterly.

He grimaced, "Let's not feed cursed books to the friendly polyp - he might be influenced by them, and I'd rather not see what happens if that were to be the case."

"Yes let us not feed anything to the Labyrinth we are not sure of for now."
"Just everyone watch your step in there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:41 am

Anja wrote:"Oh yes there are different kinds of fae, about any fairy creature you have heard of exist as it's own Kith as they are called."
The Deaconess said then she smiled.
"Know you what child what about a trade if you come here for lessons once a week I will teach you about the fae and in return you can teach me how to draw."
The large woman offered before sipping her tea and clearing her plate of cake.

"That would be amazing. I accept. Though fair warning. You may find drawing lessons from me to be....unusual." Serge said with a smile, finishing the last few drop of his orange soda. "Would it be all right to start the lessons today. I'd like to hear more about these kiths as you called them."

(OOC: If it's all right with you I'll spend 3xp to raise Fae Lore by one more dot. Bringing me up to 2. Also this can be the end of the scene. Serge has nothing more to say after the lesson request.)

Anja wrote:"Let us try not to have our eyeballs melted child."
Jeffry said.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Honestly, I don't think even the Nephandi would want to keep books that melt eyeballs in their library - can't corrupt readers that way. Books that do, hm, not-nice things to your mind and soul, on the other hand..."
Anja wrote:"Well never underestimate the entertainment value of seeing someone else suffering horrible wounds."
Anna commented bitterly.

"That's the thing about Nephandi. Corruption is fine and all. All books are meant to influence in someway. But taking something that wasn't meant to cause destruction and making it cause destruction. Twisting the very nature of what an object is meant to do. Well that's probably quite amusing to them." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:42 am

"That would be amazing. I accept. Though fair warning. You may find drawing lessons from me to be....unusual." Serge said with a smile, finishing the last few drop of his orange soda. "Would it be all right to start the lessons today. I'd like to hear more about these kiths as you called them."

"There is nothing better than the unusual child."
The Deaconess said with a slight smile.
"And yes let us start the lesson, let me put on some more tea."
The large woman and she did to do so before she started a lesson on the various types of fae out there.

(OOC: End scene and yes you can raise Fae Lore.)

"That's the thing about Nephandi. Corruption is fine and all. All books are meant to influence in someway. But taking something that wasn't meant to cause destruction and making it cause destruction. Twisting the very nature of what an object is meant to do. Well that's probably quite amusing to them." Serge said.

"Well Sir the thing is Nephandi will have no limit to what they will do when it comes to corruption, destruction and corruption however that being said they are not Marauders so just random blowing up members of their own Labyrinth is not practical, funny as it might be it would just ensure one defeated oneself. Nephandi are not DC villains Sir who do as much damage to their own members as the enemy. Being well evil do not mean you are dumb."
Anna replied.
"So I doubt there are any explosive books in there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:04 pm

Warp's Post:

'Exactly. This ain't either that urgent or "advancing my craft".' she replied, entering the Chief's apartment.

Anja's Post:

'Ah. What you studing right now?' knowing full well chances were she'd not understand the answer.

Anja's Post:

''Hmm...' thinking of what she thought a rat would like. 'Are there predators there too? Would it like somewhere safe from cat-spirits and similar?'

Warp's Post:

'Well, I keep on being told nobody else thinks like me, so perhaps we'll see like, eye to eye.' she replied a little sourly, taking another sip of her drink, not sure whether she liked it or not.

Anja's Post:

'What's the nature of a rat, though?' giving a frown.

Anja's Post:

'Why, is that what happens normally? If like, your car gets stolen, you quit your job and hunt down the crim with a big net or something?' the click of her tape as she let go of it, having finished measuring for the moment.

Anja's Post:

'Never said that. I repeat; why is that a special type of evil?'

Anja's Post:

'Yes... thinking a change in diet might improve that.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, that's enough for you today. Also, don't look in the garage workshop.' she quipped, climbing over the counter.

Warp's Post:

'What... eww.' the concept sinking in. 'Perhaps we can get it to absorb stuff which will make the place smell better? World's largest breath mint?'

[If Great One stands by the earlier ruling that Lores count as Secondary Abilities, that Fae Lore 2 would cost 2XP, not 3. Speaking of which, has Nick learned enough about shapeshifters to justify Lore 2? Oh, and would it be okay to convert 'Ratkin Lore' to 'Shapeshifter Lore'? Seems a bit silly to have both Lores, when there's so overlap...]

[Also, let's not forget https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t268p50-downtime-planning-thread-ii#46245 is not yet complete.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:15 pm

Ah. What you studing right now?' knowing full well chances were she'd not understand the answer.

"Magickal Circles Ma'am, both in how they are used and drawn properly and their history in different traditions."
Kyle said and he pointed to some of the books that had complex diagrams of circles and symbols drawn into them.
"It is pretty interesting actually."
He said with a smile.
"So you are a mechanic right Ma'am, it that just your Mundane profession or do you also use it for magick or Science I guess you would call it?"
The young apprentice asked.

'Hmm...' thinking of what she thought a rat would like. 'Are there predators there too? Would it like somewhere safe from cat-spirits and similar?'

"There are indeed predatory Umbrood so this rat spirit might be seeking safety, in fact it is likely it is seeking shelter and food, just like a physical rat would."
Jeffry replied.

What's the nature of a rat, though?' giving a frown.

"I am not sure actually I am not an expert in zoology, but rats are scavengers are they not?"
The Chief asked.
"A book on rats and rodents might hold some useful information though."

'Why, is that what happens normally? If like, your car gets stolen, you quit your job and hunt down the crim with a big net or something?' the click of her tape as she let go of it, having finished measuring for the moment.

"No Miss Bouchard you go to the police and rapport your car stolen and then call your insurance provider, do you believe it would help if people called the police to say they had seen another face on a milk carton speaking of one more missing person? What exactly is it you want people to do Ma'am? For I do not think calling the police about people they know is missing or a insurance provider will help those people all that much."
Dion replied and she raised an eyebrow.

Never said that. I repeat; why is that a special type of evil?'

"It is a taboo in most human societies and religions Miss Bouchard, even non human mammals generally don't engage in cannibalism."
Dion replied.

Yes... thinking a change in diet might improve that.'

"With all due respect Toby is a manifestation of rot and decay, in particularly decaying flesh Miss Bouchard I do not think his diet will change his smell much."
Anna replied.

'Well, that's enough for you today. Also, don't look in the garage workshop.' she quipped, climbing over the counter.

"Well that is to late I am afraid dear lady, I have been to the workshop and it's organization and supply of tools are most satisfying."
The old alchemist said with a chuckle.
"But I guess I can admire such a kit another day and let you work in peace, what have you found out about the wall socket?"

'What... eww.' the concept sinking in. 'Perhaps we can get it to absorb stuff which will make the place smell better? World's largest breath mint?'

"Well rot is going to smell, but perhaps we can mask the smell in some way."
Marian said looking around.

(OOC: Nick is right I did not check the numbers but yes 2 exp. Yes I would say Nicole have learned enough about shapeshifters for Lore 2 yes. Sure you can overlap the lores.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:23 pm

((OOC: So yesterday was... well, I had my parents visiting to gawk at the new place, got the new dryer and TV (55") into the living room, so now Schnookums can watch Netflix there comfortably... and we got some bureaucracy to deal with; insurance issues. Hope we can resolve it quickly...))

Nicole wrote:'Exactly. This ain't either that urgent or "advancing my craft".' she replied, entering the Chief's apartment.
Colin shrugged, "It'd be advancing mine, which was rather my point - but for your personal advancements and paths of study, no, I suppose buying some would be far more expedient."

Anja wrote:"Think of it this way, if you have a spirit who is a manifestation of water, it will not understand anything beyond water as water is what it is. Spirits are bound to their nature."
Jeffry replied.
"Well most are...hum how are the chocolate Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled warmly, "Hot and rich; I very much approve. There are some... slightly odd ones, of course, like Shimmer, the Spirit of Cooking Fumes - she's surprisingly insightful, though I suppose that comes with how everything is talked about over the cookpots. She's remarkably sensitive about what is 'safe' to gossip about, too, as opposed to what is clearly confidential... I've not pressed the issue on secrecy, obviously."

Nicole wrote:'What's the nature of a rat, though?' giving a frown.
Anja wrote:"I am not sure actually I am not an expert in zoology, but rats are scavengers are they not?"
The Chief asked.
"A book on rats and rodents might hold some useful information though."
He pondered, "I haven't seen anything on rodents, specifically, in the library, but I do have a zoology book covering rodents in my own. It... is a few decades old, unfortunately, and among other things, it treats the story about lemmings jumping off cliffs as gospel, so I don't quite know why I haven't thrown it out yet. Probably the quality illustrations, come to think of it."

Nicole wrote:'Well, I keep on being told nobody else thinks like me, so perhaps we'll see like, eye to eye.' she replied a little sourly, taking another sip of her drink, not sure whether she liked it or not.
He chuckled, "Now, now, I somehow doubt a rat spirit would be inclined to early Communist philosophy, but you never know, you might find some common ground... if it sought out your apartment specifically, it likely had reason to do so - even if that reason was merely a... slightly lax attitude to tidiness."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so."
The Chief said with a chuckle.
"I mean if you live in an monastery with nothing but prayer you might try to stretch the rules for a bit of enjoyment as well."
He grinned, "True enough. And I suppose everyone would have been a bit upset if cocoa was culturally defined as a soup-type food in Europe, rather than a beverage."

Anja wrote:"No they are not Union dad, Pentex might have some Fallen Syndicate members but they are straight up an organization of oblivion and corruption."
Anna said shaking her head.
He frowned, "Well, one thing to put to the sword at a time..."

Anja wrote:"If some of the magical animating energies was left in the clay corpses then perhaps dad, if not then nto much."
Your apprentice said with a shrug.
He nodded, "Quite. Though, if much effort was expended on healing the false flesh, I suppose there could be quite a bit of lingering energy."

Anja wrote:Marian nodded at that.
"She sounds wonderful indeed Mr Wainwright. A good life worth celebrating. I hope she also had a good death."
He smiled thinly, "I suppose it was... or at least, it could have been worse. She passed away after a massive coronary, surrounded by almost her entire family. Regrettably, I couldn't make it, as I was still having my face growing back together at the time; didn't even get word of her passing for another month... but I did get to visit her grave as soon as I made it home. I think she'd have approved of the man I have become, though she might approve less of my Mystic inclinations."

Nicole wrote:'What... eww.' the concept sinking in. 'Perhaps we can get it to absorb stuff which will make the place smell better? World's largest breath mint?'
Anja wrote:"Well rot is going to smell, but perhaps we can mask the smell in some way."
Marian said looking around.
He nodded, "Some cans of air freshener might help a little, but there's only so much to be done..."

Anja wrote:"Well never underestimate the entertainment value of seeing someone else suffering horrible wounds."
Anna commented bitterly.
Jeremy wrote:"That's the thing about Nephandi. Corruption is fine and all. All books are meant to influence in someway. But taking something that wasn't meant to cause destruction and making it cause destruction. Twisting the very nature of what an object is meant to do. Well that's probably quite amusing to them." Serge said.
Anja wrote:"Well Sir the thing is Nephandi will have no limit to what they will do when it comes to corruption, destruction and corruption however that being said they are not Marauders so just random blowing up members of their own Labyrinth is not practical, funny as it might be it would just ensure one defeated oneself. Nephandi are not DC villains Sir who do as much damage to their own members as the enemy. Being well evil do not mean you are dumb."
Anna replied.
He sighed, "Trapped books, as a security element, I could see as plausible, but eyeballs seem like a counterintuitive target, even for the Fallen. I mean, if you're using a book to inflict injury on hapless victims like that, you'd likely want them able to keep reading, and see what is happening to them..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:53 pm

He smiled warmly, "Hot and rich; I very much approve. There are some... slightly odd ones, of course, like Shimmer, the Spirit of Cooking Fumes - she's surprisingly insightful, though I suppose that comes with how everything is talked about over the cookpots. She's remarkably sensitive about what is 'safe' to gossip about, too, as opposed to what is clearly confidential... I've not pressed the issue on secrecy, obviously."

"More advanced spirits are more likely to have free will, some also develop a personality of their own like Embra who is a fire elemental Adley associates with who can seam quite human, probably because she considers herself the sister and protector of that ghost..."
Jeffry begun and Kyle looked up so the Chief changed it to.
"The ghost friend of my young apprentice."
Kyle blushed at that.

He pondered, "I haven't seen anything on rodents, specifically, in the library, but I do have a zoology book covering rodents in my own. It... is a few decades old, unfortunately, and among other things, it treats the story about lemmings jumping off cliffs as gospel, so I don't quite know why I haven't thrown it out yet. Probably the quality illustrations, come to think of it."

"Well Sir Wikipedia is a thing."
Kyle commented.
"For something like a type of rodent you can probably get some good information there."
The kid continued and Jeffry looked confused.
"Wikipedia?"

He grinned, "True enough. And I suppose everyone would have been a bit upset if cocoa was culturally defined as a soup-type food in Europe, rather than a beverage."

"Well that would have plugged a loohole at least."
Jeffry replied with a chuckle.

He frowned, "Well, one thing to put to the sword at a time..."

Your apprentice nodded at that.

He nodded, "Quite. Though, if much effort was expended on healing the false flesh, I suppose there could be quite a bit of lingering energy."

"Some but doubtfully enough to actually nourish the Labyrinth."
Anna replied.
"Like there are probably some nourishment in orange soda but you can not live on it."

He smiled thinly, "I suppose it was... or at least, it could have been worse. She passed away after a massive coronary, surrounded by almost her entire family. Regrettably, I couldn't make it, as I was still having my face growing back together at the time; didn't even get word of her passing for another month... but I did get to visit her grave as soon as I made it home. I think she'd have approved of the man I have become, though she might approve less of my Mystic inclinations."

"Well no one can fault you for being injured Mr Wainwright. And dying of natural causes, preferably quickly in bed with friends and family surrounding you I think is what most would consider a good death."
Marian replied with a nod.

He nodded, "Some cans of air freshener might help a little, but there's only so much to be done..."

"Rot is going to smell."
Anna replied with a shrug like if it hardly mattered much to her.

He sighed, "Trapped books, as a security element, I could see as plausible, but eyeballs seem like a counterintuitive target, even for the Fallen. I mean, if you're using a book to inflict injury on hapless victims like that, you'd likely want them able to keep reading, and see what is happening to them..."

"We also use trapped books Mr Wainwright, many Hermetics will put workings in their grimoires that will literary blow up in the faces of thieves, but that is usually personal books not volumes in a library, even so do be careful, but it is not likely the books themselves are trapped, you do not want traps where your own people can trigger them by accident."
Jeffry replied.

(OOC: That sounds stressful, hopefully you can sort it out quickly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:20 am

Anja wrote:"Well Sir the thing is Nephandi will have no limit to what they will do when it comes to corruption, destruction and corruption however that being said they are not Marauders so just random blowing up members of their own Labyrinth is not practical, funny as it might be it would just ensure one defeated oneself. Nephandi are not DC villains Sir who do as much damage to their own members as the enemy. Being well evil do not mean you are dumb."
Anna replied.
Colin wrote:He sighed, "Trapped books, as a security element, I could see as plausible, but eyeballs seem like a counterintuitive target, even for the Fallen. I mean, if you're using a book to inflict injury on hapless victims like that, you'd likely want them able to keep reading, and see what is happening to them..."

"And it's not practical to have a base of operation that can eat your own members or fry stuff in human body fat. But something tells me that the Nephandi have a different set of values when it comes to practicality." Serge said a little amused at Anna's attempt at describing the Nephandi as 'practical'. He found it ironic given how throughout the tour she had quite enthusiastically explained the silly and clearly non-practical ways the Nephandi liked to torment there prisoners.

"And you guys misunderstand me. I was talking more so in the way the Nephandi do magick in general. They do stuff by destroying and corrupting right? Kyle explained something like that to me. Instead of teleporting somewhere they destroy the space in between. So a book that's meant to impart knowledge instead takes away something from you, like your sight, would fall in line with the magick that they do. That's my thinking at least."

he glanced over at the group and quickly added, "By the way I'm not 100 percent sure on anything I've just said. I may have just imagined it all. But I do remember hearing bits and pieces of stuff like that."

(OOC: I'll be on a vacation with my family for the next 10 days. I won't stop posting [even a trip across the world somehow didn't get me to stop posting lol] but I'll likely be slower as I'll have to do everything on my phone. Please don't wait for me in regards to the Labryinth tour. Assume Serge follows along behind the group)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:22 am

Warp's Post:

'Helps "advance the craft" of another, too. I'd be out of a job if everyone learned auto repair.' moving to sit down.

Anja's Post:

'Um... okay.' clearly at a bit of a loss on that topic, as expected.

Anja's Post:

A moment's hesitation. 'That I am. Though not much call for auto work here. Well, 'cepting the obvious.' giving a little chuckle. 'S'pose you'd, call me more like a combat engineer here, though.'

Anja's Post:

'Something in our favour, then. "Do as I ask or you lose your home".'

Anja's Post:

'I did do a little bit of reading before, like. Seems the best description is "opportunistic".'

Anja's Post:

'Short answer; a massive digital encyclopaedia, free to access almost everywhere in the world. If printed, would cost 'bout half a million dollars and be more than all the books in this room at least three times.' she replied; a surprisingly detailed answer for the Etherite on a topic she didn't show much interest in.

Warp's Post:

A derisive snort to this; clearly she was more annoyed about having her feelings policed than just being told she was wrong politically. 'Yes... we know why it might have selected my place over others. Is there a way to find out whether it was sent on an errand by another?' taking another sip of her drink.

[Not enough time to do the Labynrinth bit; will do later, sorry.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:20 pm

"And it's not practical to have a base of operation that can eat your own members or fry stuff in human body fat. But something tells me that the Nephandi have a different set of values when it comes to practicality." Serge said a little amused at Anna's attempt at describing the Nephandi as 'practical'. He found it ironic given how throughout the tour she had quite enthusiastically explained the silly and clearly non-practical ways the Nephandi liked to torment there prisoners.

Anna sigh and drew a deep breath.
"First of all Sir having a home where there are dangers when those dangers are offset by considerable advantages are not the same as doing stupid things like blowing up your own members just because, it is like if you live on a boat you have the danger of drowning but that do not mean you are going to randomly booby trap the kitchen."
The young apprentice said sounding a bit exasperated.
"Yes most Nephandi are sadistic and so will torture people when they can, slaves or even lesser ranked members of the Nephandi, that do not mean they are stupid and will do stupid shit that will only get themselves killed, you can be a evil bastard and practical that is why the Nephandi is dangerous Sir if they where stupid they would be easy to deal with."

"And you guys misunderstand me. I was talking more so in the way the Nephandi do magick in general. They do stuff by destroying and corrupting right? Kyle explained something like that to me. Instead of teleporting somewhere they destroy the space in between. So a book that's meant to impart knowledge instead takes away something from you, like your sight, would fall in line with the magick that they do. That's my thinking at least."

"Again Sir Qliphotic Magick do not mean you are more likely to blow up your own members."
Anna said with another sigh.
"Yes when I do magick it is done by destruction."
The young apprentice brought a prime bolt into her hands.
"When you make something like this you create the bolt Sir, when I make it I destroy the possibility that the bolt do not exist. Now a book that give you knowledge by taking away you sight would be far to literal a cost, usually the cost is based in your soul and also it would make that member less effective so no, it is not likely to happen, more likely you would loose your hope or have to kill someone for the knowledge, just straight up an ordeal that you yourself go though for knowledge is more Akashic Brotherhood and Verbena than Nephandi."

he glanced over at the group and quickly added, "By the way I'm not 100 percent sure on anything I've just said. I may have just imagined it all. But I do remember hearing bits and pieces of stuff like that."

"Well Sir you are right that the Nephandi do magick by destroying possibilities however that is not the same as the ordeal path, and I believe many Akashics, Verbena and Choristers would be insulted by the indication hat it is. The ordeal path means you suffer for your knowledge or give a sacrifice of yourself, your body, your time anything really to achieve enlightenment, the Nephandi just destroy, I mean some are very hung up on pain, including their own as an expression of self destruction but it is still in a practical way and not a sacrifice for knowledge."
Anna replied.

Um... okay.' clearly at a bit of a loss on that topic, as expected

"Well it is like this Ma'am you find the creation of magic circles in Western occultism from the late middle ages and onward but their use and meaning vary allot, for some it is a way to keep the magick inside until it is ready to be sent out to cause an effect, like how a bomb will have more effect if put in a small tube, for others it is a way to protect themselves from the entities summoned, and yet again for others it is way to create holy space."
Kyle explained pointing to various circles on the pages of his book.

A moment's hesitation. 'That I am. Though not much call for auto work here. Well, 'cepting the obvious.' giving a little chuckle. 'S'pose you'd, call me more like a combat engineer here, though.'

"That is pretty cool Ma'am."
Kyle said with a nod.
"So you can MacGyver like machines for combat and such?"

'Something in our favour, then. "Do as I ask or you lose your home".'

"Indeed offering shelter might be a payment the spirit will appreciate Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.

I did do a little bit of reading before, like. Seems the best description is "opportunistic".'

Jeffry just gave a nod at that.
"That might be so Miss Bouchard."

Short answer; a massive digital encyclopaedia, free to access almost everywhere in the world. If printed, would cost 'bout half a million dollars and be more than all the books in this room at least three times.' she replied; a surprisingly detailed answer for the Etherite on a topic she didn't show much interest in.

"I see well that sounds practical."
Jeffry said with another nod.
"But this thing is on those infernal machines?"

A derisive snort to this; clearly she was more annoyed about having her feelings policed than just being told she was wrong politically. 'Yes... we know why it might have selected my place over others. Is there a way to find out whether it was sent on an errand by another?' taking another sip of her drink.

"Well one way is asking it Miss Bouchard, there are ways to force a spirit to reply but it seldom lead to good relations."
The Chief replied sipping his hot chocolate.

(OOC: Happy vacation Jeremy.)
(OOC 2: Not a problem at all post when you have the time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next