Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:32 pm

[Morgan's Apartment, Monday Evening]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... I understood "circle".' she replied uncertainly.

Anja's Post:

'Sorta -'part from the bit where I kill things.' she replied calmly, though with a sardonic look of the eyes. 'On a good day, it's an enemy.' engaging in a little gallows humour.

Anja's Post:

'I'm not sure, sir... you refer to many things as "infernal machines". Including the power-washer in the basement.' she replied, taking another sip of her drink. 'But in this case, if you mean computers and smartphones... yes. It's why schools are basically obsolete now.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but how can I make sure it ain't lying to me?'

[Labyrinth, Tuesday Morning]

Anja's Post:

'And when was the last time you saw a milk-carton kid?' she replied, calling out the fact it was a trope which had died in the '90s. 'No, I say either we properly stop all this shit or we allow the Mundies to know the truth and sort it out their way. It's the worst of both worlds at the moment; fucked about by folks in the shadows that we not only often fail to deal with but we also help keep hidden.' clearly indignant and disgusted about the situation. Without realising it, echoing the lines uttered by the Craftmasons eight centuries before.

Anja's Post:

'That's evil, but don't see that as a special type of evil.' giving a shrug. 'Don't like the term; trivialises the "ordinary" evils of the world, like they're minor or something.'

Anja's Post:

'An interesting theory. How shall we test this?' she replied brightly.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, well that ain't nothing to do with me.' she replied, moving over to the dolly and putting the tool-roll in it. 'With the socket... ordinary mains power. No idea what the power source is. Or who the hell did the wiring.'

[What I meant was could I convert 'Ratkin Lore' to 'Shapeshifter Lore' and then take a second dot?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:38 am

'Hmm... I understood "circle".' she replied uncertainly.

Kyle nodded at that.
"I guess it can be seen as a sort of ritual hardware."
The kid commented.

Sorta -'part from the bit where I kill things.' she replied calmly, though with a sardonic look of the eyes. 'On a good day, it's an enemy.' engaging in a little gallows humour.

Kyle gave a solemn nods at that.
"Yeah I heard you where good in a fight Miss Bouchard."

I'm not sure, sir... you refer to many things as "infernal machines". Including the power-washer in the basement.' she replied, taking another sip of her drink. 'But in this case, if you mean computers and smartphones... yes. It's why schools are basically obsolete now.'

"Bah replacing your brain with a machine. Also no book in a machine or otherwise can replace the advice and tutoring of a teacher."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
"And they are all infernal machines...other than my coffee maker...I will accept my coffee maker."

Yeah, but how can I make sure it ain't lying to me?'

"The spirit is more likely to not reply than lie but there are ways to enforce a truthful answer but then we are back to using force which can sour relationships."
The Chief replied.
"It is better usually to build trust on both sides, which takes time."

And when was the last time you saw a milk-carton kid?' she replied, calling out the fact it was a trope which had died in the '90s. 'No, I say either we properly stop all this shit or we allow the Mundies to know the truth and sort it out their way. It's the worst of both worlds at the moment; fucked about by folks in the shadows that we not only often fail to deal with but we also help keep hidden.' clearly indignant and disgusted about the situation. Without realising it, echoing the lines uttered by the Craftmasons eight centuries before.

"With all due respect Ma'am it is irrelevant if you read about a missing person on a milk carton or hear about it on the news my point still stand you can not call the police about it."
Dion replied.
"We are trying to stop the Nephandi and the Union Miss Bouchard, we have been trying to do that for centuries. The problem with breaking the Law of Shade is that it will at best for the Sleepers result in utter chaos and them deciding to wipe us all out and managing to do so with sheer numbers, at worst society will collapse and everyone will become the open slaves of supernaturals. Do you really think the average Joe can handle knowing there are mages, vampires, werewolves and who know what else really existing. That reality itself is malleable? Spreading that knowledge would not lessen suffering it would create that much more and ran the risk of massive witch hunts, not to mention what the other supernaturals would suffer. Such a thing would be an absolute disaster and would not weaken the Nephandi one bit."
The Chorister said shaking her head.

That's evil, but don't see that as a special type of evil.' giving a shrug. 'Don't like the term; trivialises the "ordinary" evils of the world, like they're minor or something.'

"With all due respect Ma'am you where the one who used the term special evil not I. I simply said it would be immoral to sell food grown in a rotting, human eating spirit."
Dion replied.

An interesting theory. How shall we test this?' she replied brightly.

"Sure but it is a little like trying to see if gangrene will smell better if the patient eat roses and lemons."
Anna replied with a shrug.
"I am not a doctor but as far as I know that will not change the smell of rotting flesh much."

'Yeah, well that ain't nothing to do with me.' she replied, moving over to the dolly and putting the tool-roll in it. 'With the socket... ordinary mains power. No idea what the power source is. Or who the hell did the wiring.'

"I suspect the Labyrinth grew them himself."
The Alchemist said.
"Sensing a need in his inhabitants. The power source is probably also the Labyrinth, generated as a Master of Forces would strike with lightening."

(OOC: Sure you can do that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Nicole wrote:'Helps "advance the craft" of another, too. I'd be out of a job if everyone learned auto repair.' moving to sit down.
Colin shrugged, "That's fair, though I do get the impression the goggles you had in mind are rather... mass produced? Not quite the same as weaving the magic into the frame by hand... Mind you, Mystics in particular tend to put a far higher value on handmade custom pieces than assembled kits."

Anja wrote:"More advanced spirits are more likely to have free will, some also develop a personality of their own like Embra who is a fire elemental Adley associates with who can seam quite human, probably because she considers herself the sister and protector of that ghost..."
Jeffry begun and Kyle looked up so the Chief changed it to.
"The ghost friend of my young apprentice."
Kyle blushed at that.
He sipped his chocolate and gave Kyle a sly, wordless wink.

Anja wrote:"Well Sir Wikipedia is a thing."
Kyle commented.
"For something like a type of rodent you can probably get some good information there."
The kid continued and Jeffry looked confused.
"Wikipedia?"
Nicole wrote:'Short answer; a massive digital encyclopaedia, free to access almost everywhere in the world. If printed, would cost 'bout half a million dollars and be more than all the books in this room at least three times.' she replied; a surprisingly detailed answer for the Etherite on a topic she didn't show much interest in.
Anja wrote:"I see well that sounds practical."
Jeffry said with another nod.
"But this thing is on those infernal machines?"
Nicole wrote:'I'm not sure, sir... you refer to many things as "infernal machines". Including the power-washer in the basement.' she replied, taking another sip of her drink. 'But in this case, if you mean computers and smartphones... yes. It's why schools are basically obsolete now.'
Anja wrote:"Bah replacing your brain with a machine. Also no book in a machine or otherwise can replace the advice and tutoring of a teacher."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
"And they are all infernal machines...other than my coffee maker...I will accept my coffee maker."
He pondered, "Wikipedia has its strengths and flaws... mostly strengths, I think, but I do disagree schools are obsolete. The current public school model is certainly obsolete, due in large part to underfunding and overworked teachers, but personal attention and instruction is still better than merely letting children try to figure things out on their own."

Nicole wrote:A derisive snort to this; clearly she was more annoyed about having her feelings policed than just being told she was wrong politically. 'Yes... we know why it might have selected my place over others. Is there a way to find out whether it was sent on an errand by another?' taking another sip of her drink.
Anja wrote:"Well one way is asking it Miss Bouchard, there are ways to force a spirit to reply but it seldom lead to good relations."
The Chief replied sipping his hot chocolate.
Nicole wrote:'Yeah, but how can I make sure it ain't lying to me?'
Anja wrote:"The spirit is more likely to not reply than lie but there are ways to enforce a truthful answer but then we are back to using force which can sour relationships."
The Chief replied.
"It is better usually to build trust on both sides, which takes time."
He paused, "Lady Crexia used a particular trick to out the Fallen infiltrator here; she scryed on her own connections to the other Magi present, and the network of connections flowing from those, to find the one person not linked to anyone in the room... I could use a similar trick to see if the spirit has ties to other people or places - wouldn't be a definitive answer as to whether or not it was sent, but it would be a strong indicator as to whether or not it has... other loyalties."

Anja wrote:"Some but doubtfully enough to actually nourish the Labyrinth."
Anna replied.
"Like there are probably some nourishment in orange soda but you can not live on it."
He nodded, "Or perhaps more like Chinese food - tastes good, but you're hungry again an hour later."

Anja wrote:"Well no one can fault you for being injured Mr Wainwright. And dying of natural causes, preferably quickly in bed with friends and family surrounding you I think is what most would consider a good death."
Marian replied with a nod.
He nodded, "Natural causes or not, passing without unfinished business or regrets worth mentioning... Her life was lived, to the very end, and that's probably the best any of us has any right to hope for."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, well that ain't nothing to do with me.' she replied, moving over to the dolly and putting the tool-roll in it. 'With the socket... ordinary mains power. No idea what the power source is. Or who the hell did the wiring.'
Anja wrote:"I suspect the Labyrinth grew them himself."
The Alchemist said.
"Sensing a need in his inhabitants. The power source is probably also the Labyrinth, generated as a Master of Forces would strike with lightening."
He pondered, "Toby likely grew them on instruction from his Keeper. She was intimately linked to him, and acutely aware of all goings-on within. Hum... I think I can... one moment..."
He walked over to the nearest eyeball and patted the wall beside it, looking into it, "Lend me your sight for a moment, Toby, I need to see where you make electricity..."
Focusing on the mental image of electric arcs, and the feeling of power, he tried to scry through Toby's irises, to look through the eye or eyes that would be in the generator room.

((So, a Correspondence 2/Forces 1 effect to sense where the electricity is generated in the Labyrinth, using the eyeball network as a practical Focus? Arete roll: 7,8,0... oughtta get something good out of that, I think.))

Anja wrote:"We also use trapped books Mr Wainwright, many Hermetics will put workings in their grimoires that will literary blow up in the faces of thieves, but that is usually personal books not volumes in a library, even so do be careful, but it is not likely the books themselves are trapped, you do not want traps where your own people can trigger them by accident."
Jeffry replied.
Jeremy wrote:"And it's not practical to have a base of operation that can eat your own members or fry stuff in human body fat. But something tells me that the Nephandi have a different set of values when it comes to practicality." Serge said a little amused at Anna's attempt at describing the Nephandi as 'practical'. He found it ironic given how throughout the tour she had quite enthusiastically explained the silly and clearly non-practical ways the Nephandi liked to torment there prisoners.
Anja wrote:Anna sigh and drew a deep breath.
"First of all Sir having a home where there are dangers when those dangers are offset by considerable advantages are not the same as doing stupid things like blowing up your own members just because, it is like if you live on a boat you have the danger of drowning but that do not mean you are going to randomly booby trap the kitchen."
The young apprentice said sounding a bit exasperated.
"Yes most Nephandi are sadistic and so will torture people when they can, slaves or even lesser ranked members of the Nephandi, that do not mean they are stupid and will do stupid shit that will only get themselves killed, you can be a evil bastard and practical that is why the Nephandi is dangerous Sir if they where stupid they would be easy to deal with."
He frowned, "If the books are trapped, as I said, it's unlikely they'll cause physical injuries in here... harm to mind and soul, yes, and any wards, I would hazard to be triggered by someone without an inverted Avatar touching the warded object. As for the Nephandi being stupid, well... I suppose we've all heard stories of some exceptional individuals in that regard, but it seems those get weeded out quickly by their own hands. Like Defiler of Rats, for example. The majority I've run into have been... of tactically sound mind."

Jeremy wrote:"And you guys misunderstand me. I was talking more so in the way the Nephandi do magick in general. They do stuff by destroying and corrupting right? Kyle explained something like that to me. Instead of teleporting somewhere they destroy the space in between. So a book that's meant to impart knowledge instead takes away something from you, like your sight, would fall in line with the magick that they do. That's my thinking at least."
Anja wrote:"Again Sir Qliphotic Magick do not mean you are more likely to blow up your own members."
Anna said with another sigh.
"Yes when I do magick it is done by destruction."
The young apprentice brought a prime bolt into her hands.
"When you make something like this you create the bolt Sir, when I make it I destroy the possibility that the bolt do not exist. Now a book that give you knowledge by taking away you sight would be far to literal a cost, usually the cost is based in your soul and also it would make that member less effective so no, it is not likely to happen, more likely you would loose your hope or have to kill someone for the knowledge, just straight up an ordeal that you yourself go though for knowledge is more Akashic Brotherhood and Verbena than Nephandi."
He gave Serge a pat on the shoulder and a wry smile, "Best concede this one, son, Anna knows what she's speaking of here."

Jeremy wrote:he glanced over at the group and quickly added, "By the way I'm not 100 percent sure on anything I've just said. I may have just imagined it all. But I do remember hearing bits and pieces of stuff like that."
Anja wrote:"Well Sir you are right that the Nephandi do magick by destroying possibilities however that is not the same as the ordeal path, and I believe many Akashics, Verbena and Choristers would be insulted by the indication hat it is. The ordeal path means you suffer for your knowledge or give a sacrifice of yourself, your body, your time anything really to achieve enlightenment, the Nephandi just destroy, I mean some are very hung up on pain, including their own as an expression of self destruction but it is still in a practical way and not a sacrifice for knowledge."
Anna replied.
He nodded, "Another way to put it - the Ordeal path is suffering and destruction as means to an end, for the Nephandi, it is the end. Would that sound about right, Anna?"

((OOC: Pleh, 14 degrees Celsius outside today, no wonder I feel like I've caught a cold. My body does not handle 10+ degree fluctuations overnight well...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:24 pm

He sipped his chocolate and gave Kyle a sly, wordless wink.

Kyle returned the smile with a slight nod.

He pondered, "Wikipedia has its strengths and flaws... mostly strengths, I think, but I do disagree schools are obsolete. The current public school model is certainly obsolete, due in large part to underfunding and overworked teachers, but personal attention and instruction is still better than merely letting children try to figure things out on their own."

"I agree Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with an approving nod.

He paused, "Lady Crexia used a particular trick to out the Fallen infiltrator here; she scryed on her own connections to the other Magi present, and the network of connections flowing from those, to find the one person not linked to anyone in the room... I could use a similar trick to see if the spirit has ties to other people or places - wouldn't be a definitive answer as to whether or not it was sent, but it would be a strong indicator as to whether or not it has... other loyalties."

"Yes that could work and would be far less invasive than trying to force truth from the spirit."
Jeffry agreed.
"I should not object to much to such a scrying I believe."

He nodded, "Or perhaps more like Chinese food - tastes good, but you're hungry again an hour later."

"I would not use that comparison with Yu-Die dad our you will be waddling to bed after some hefty traditional dishes."
Anna said with a chuckle.

He nodded, "Natural causes or not, passing without unfinished business or regrets worth mentioning... Her life was lived, to the very end, and that's probably the best any of us has any right to hope for."

"Agreed Mr Wainwright, I am sure her soul have found rest."
The Euthanathos said with a nod.

He pondered, "Toby likely grew them on instruction from his Keeper. She was intimately linked to him, and acutely aware of all goings-on within. Hum... I think I can... one moment..."
He walked over to the nearest eyeball and patted the wall beside it, looking into it, "Lend me your sight for a moment, Toby, I need to see where you make electricity..."
Focusing on the mental image of electric arcs, and the feeling of power, he tried to scry through Toby's irises, to look through the eye or eyes that would be in the generator room.

You felt Quintessence flow through the Labyrinth. There was no generator room, Toby just converted one energy to another type, a more material type when needed. The powerful spirit just did it as part of his body function with no thought behind it, in fact he found your inquiry rather confusing you felt.

He frowned, "If the books are trapped, as I said, it's unlikely they'll cause physical injuries in here... harm to mind and soul, yes, and any wards, I would hazard to be triggered by someone without an inverted Avatar touching the warded object. As for the Nephandi being stupid, well... I suppose we've all heard stories of some exceptional individuals in that regard, but it seems those get weeded out quickly by their own hands. Like Defiler of Rats, for example. The majority I've run into have been... of tactically sound mind."

"Wards to stop anyone who do not have an inverted Avatar from reading the books is possible dad, the same are the chance that some of the books might lead to corrupting idea, but as this seam to be a functional library allot of wards are not that likely, a magus of any Faction's personal collection is much more likely to be warded and trapped than a public library."
Anna replied.
"And yes all factions have idiots, it is the idea you find in fiction that those who are quote on quote villains do absolutely stupid shit just to show how evil they are that annoy me since if you believe that then you will underestimate your enemies and you will get yourself killed."
The apprentice continued.

He gave Serge a pat on the shoulder and a wry smile, "Best concede this one, son, Anna knows what she's speaking of here."

Anna grinned at that.

e nodded, "Another way to put it - the Ordeal path is suffering and destruction as means to an end, for the Nephandi, it is the end. Would that sound about right, Anna?"

"Yes I mean there is different reasons for the ordeals in different traditions, for some like some Christians the flesh is seen as evil and so inflicting pain on yourself will lead to spiritual purity, while for many Akashics it is a path to learn to transcend the physical, again with some it is a way to show loyalty or dedication, or pain is used as a way reach altered stated of consciousness needed for magick. With the Nephandi it is the degrading, traumatic suffering that is sought just for the sake of suffering, while other goals might also be there is is just meant to destroy and nothing else."
Your apprentice replied with a nod.
"Think of the difference between pushing yourself to the limit for some physical goal and enduring torture in captivity, both might hurt you to the very limit of what you are able to handle and beyond but one is for a goal that ultimately lift you up and the other is meant to break you down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:28 pm

Warp's Post:

'And? Good design, quality materials and assembled by skilled hand.' she replied, stretching out a leg on the couch, pulling out a heavy Leatherman and dropping it into Colin's lap.

Anja's Post:

'Not really - just better than my opponents so far. And more sneaky.'

Anja's Post:

Warp's Post:

'Yeah... schools don't do them things. Just factories, stuffing facty facts into you 'till you puke. The ones who can swallow the most get lots of claps and get sent to college, while the losers shuffle off to work at Wal-Mart for a life o'drudgery.' the Etherite replied, taking another sip of drink; coming to the conclusion she might actually like it without the chilli.

Anja's Post:

'Now, that's not a nice thing to say.' Nicole replied a little sniffily, for obvious reasons. 'And you only exempt the coffeemaker 'cos you got it out of the Sears catalogue in the Mad Men era. It's like, literally a power cord, one element and one button.'

Warp's Post:

'Is it like, obvious?' giving a frown.

Anja's Post:

A nod of respect to this. 'At least you're like, honest about it. Gotta keep them Mundies stupid 'cos if they wise up they might destroy us all.' getting ready to continue moving the dolly-crate. 'Question; how does it feel like linking arms with vampires on this?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I did. 'Cos the way you were talking was that nothing Mundies could pull would measure up to what happened here. I'm not so sure. Depends on how you measure it, 'suppose. Does a little evil spread over a wide amount of people weigh more on us all than a large amount on a small number of people?' she mused, getting uncharacteristically philosophical for a moment. 'And is rotting evil? You do know what manure is, right? And fertiliser?'

Anja's Post:

'But how can something be rotting and growing at the same time?' giving a frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:16 pm

'Not really - just better than my opponents so far. And more sneaky.'

"Well you are alive and they are not that is being pretty good Ma'am."
Kyle said with a nod.

'Yeah... schools don't do them things. Just factories, stuffing facty facts into you 'till you puke. The ones who can swallow the most get lots of claps and get sent to college, while the losers shuffle off to work at Wal-Mart for a life o'drudgery.' the Etherite replied, taking another sip of drink; coming to the conclusion she might actually like it without the chilli.

"Ehm...Ma'am, granted I have been living on the run so there have been stretches of time where I have not gone to school but when I have had the chance to go what you describe here have not been my experience."
Kyle replied.
"I mean the lack of updated equipment, books and computers suck but I have learned quite a bit and in addition it is the social aspect, I quite enjoyed going to see friends daily and missed that when we had to run again so I could not go to school for some time."

Now, that's not a nice thing to say.' Nicole replied a little sniffily, for obvious reasons. 'And you only exempt the coffeemaker 'cos you got it out of the Sears catalogue in the Mad Men era. It's like, literally a power cord, one element and one button.'

"Actually Helena and Adley bought the coffee maker for me two years ago for Christmas, it have buttons and it will make my coffee at a set time so I have a pot ready when I wake up, it took a while to learn but now I quite enjoy waking up to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee."
The Chief said pointed at the machine except from his decry of modem technology out in his kitchen.

A nod of respect to this. 'At least you're like, honest about it. Gotta keep them Mundies stupid 'cos if they wise up they might destroy us all.' getting ready to continue moving the dolly-crate. 'Question; how does it feel like linking arms with vampires on this?'

"Well that is a simplification of what I said Ma'am to the point of the statement being incorrect. Yes I believe it likely that the sheer number of sleepers will eventually lead to their victory in such a conflict however that victory would be pretty hollow as the various supernaturals are not going to sit down and just take it. Look at Master Morgan, a Master of Forces like him can take out a city, yes eventually enough bullets and missiles will take him down but not before thousands died. Also while the Traditionalists might choose to leave Earth if the sleepers started a war against us choosing to rather live in Umbral Realms other supernaturals are not likely to do the same. The Law of Shade are maintained far more for the protection of the sleepers than for our protection, knowledge of supernaturals would lead nowhere good for no one."
Dion said.
"Also I am sure I share many desires with vampires, I to for example have very little wish to be set on fire, I see very little point in the oh Hitler loved dogs so really should you be a dog lover line of thinking. And yes most of the supernatural groups keep their existence secret for good reason and this is a good thing."

'Yeah, I did. 'Cos the way you were talking was that nothing Mundies could pull would measure up to what happened here. I'm not so sure. Depends on how you measure it, 'suppose. Does a little evil spread over a wide amount of people weigh more on us all than a large amount on a small number of people?' she mused, getting uncharacteristically philosophical for a moment. 'And is rotting evil? You do know what manure is, right? And fertiliser?'

"I never used the term evil you did. Look at it this way Ma'am there are strawberries growing on the cemetery one of my aunts are buried at. I would not eat those strawberries, that do not mean they or the cemetery is evil but eating something that have drawn nourishment from human corpses are distasteful, now if you are ok with that sure but if such strawberries was sold where they where grown should be clarely marked."
Dion replied.
"Well there is a difference between little harm and much harm, telling someone their hat is ugly and making them sad is not the same as torturing someone slowly to death, evil if you want to use that term do come in degrees. However systematic shit even at lower levels are often the cause of greater evil."

'But how can something be rotting and growing at the same time?' giving a frown.

"Magick this is a spirit it do not have to obey normal physical laws."
Anna replied with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:25 pm

Nicole wrote:'And? Good design, quality materials and assembled by skilled hand.' she replied, stretching out a leg on the couch, pulling out a heavy Leatherman and dropping it into Colin's lap.
Colin smiled wryly, and gave the Leatherman a careful inspection, "I think you miss the point a little - it is an excellent tool, make no mistake, and almost flawless in its construction, but to a Mystic, it's a little lacking in the soul department, for lack of a better term. Not something an engineer would be concerned with, and I'm sure the very notion has been mentioned in the most mocking tones behind Etherite doors... but to a Mystic, a custom piece, made with both skill and personal care, will carry with it a bit of the artisan's intent... Hum, sort of like how a photocopy of the Mona Lisa doesn't quite feel the same like the oil-on-canvas original."

Anja wrote:"I agree Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with an approving nod.
Nicole wrote:'Yeah... schools don't do them things. Just factories, stuffing facty facts into you 'till you puke. The ones who can swallow the most get lots of claps and get sent to college, while the losers shuffle off to work at Wal-Mart for a life o'drudgery.' the Etherite replied, taking another sip of drink; coming to the conclusion she might actually like it without the chilli.
Anja wrote:"Ehm...Ma'am, granted I have been living on the run so there have been stretches of time where I have not gone to school but when I have had the chance to go what you describe here have not been my experience."
Kyle replied.
"I mean the lack of updated equipment, books and computers suck but I have learned quite a bit and in addition it is the social aspect, I quite enjoyed going to see friends daily and missed that when we had to run again so I could not go to school for some time."
He frowned, "I think we might be using the term 'personal instruction' differently here... I mean having a teacher in person to answer questions and clarify things in the classroom, not individual tutors providing private instruction on a one-on-one basis - though the well-to-do do seem to enjoy that for their children, all to give them an advantage in life. It's an unfortunate disparity that needs to be addressed - but unfortunately, there's little we can do about it directly."

Nicole wrote:'Now, that's not a nice thing to say.' Nicole replied a little sniffily, for obvious reasons. 'And you only exempt the coffeemaker 'cos you got it out of the Sears catalogue in the Mad Men era. It's like, literally a power cord, one element and one button.'
Anja wrote:"Actually Helena and Adley bought the coffee maker for me two years ago for Christmas, it have buttons and it will make my coffee at a set time so I have a pot ready when I wake up, it took a while to learn but now I quite enjoy waking up to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee."
The Chief said pointed at the machine except from his decry of modem technology out in his kitchen.
He sipped his cocoa and gave Morgan an innocent look, "Besides, it's not like you haven't managed to melt... is it three or four Moccamasters in my time here? Miss Mar and Adley spent quite some time finding a more heat-resistant model..."

Anja wrote:"Yes that could work and would be far less invasive than trying to force truth from the spirit."
Jeffry agreed.
"I should not object to much to such a scrying I believe."
Nicole wrote:'Is it like, obvious?' giving a frown.
He shrugged, "To whom? I saw Lady Crexia's scrying; it was a beautiful, simple working that let her check on everyone without running afoul of Hermetic Law, but in a room full of Adepts and Disciples, no-one even noticed, except one nosy Orphan. It is unlikely the Spirit would notice, if the spell is already cast before entering the room."

Anja wrote:"I would not use that comparison with Yu-Die dad our you will be waddling to bed after some hefty traditional dishes."
Anna said with a chuckle.
He grinned, "Fair, Chinese take-out food. Though now I want to take on that challenge."

Anja wrote:You felt Quintessence flow through the Labyrinth. There was no generator room, Toby just converted one energy to another type, a more material type when needed. The powerful spirit just did it as part of his body function with no thought behind it, in fact he found your inquiry rather confusing you felt.
He blinked a bit as he pulled back, "Thank you, Toby... Sorry I confused you."
Turning to Nicole, he added, "I doubt you'll find wiring, Toby just grew the outlets, and emits electricity through them. There's no generator room, just the big guy himself. Hm, something to keep in mind for any electric apparatus installed; need to charge for power consumption."

Anja wrote:"Wards to stop anyone who do not have an inverted Avatar from reading the books is possible dad, the same are the chance that some of the books might lead to corrupting idea, but as this seam to be a functional library allot of wards are not that likely, a magus of any Faction's personal collection is much more likely to be warded and trapped than a public library."
Anna replied.
"And yes all factions have idiots, it is the idea you find in fiction that those who are quote on quote villains do absolutely stupid shit just to show how evil they are that annoy me since if you believe that then you will underestimate your enemies and you will get yourself killed."
The apprentice continued.
He sighed, "That's a flaw in fiction, I suppose. Well, cheap fiction. Plenty of stories with cunning villains, once you get past the cartoon stage. Hell, I've seen my share of villains who even played on that - appearing like simple oafs while getting their machinations into place..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:26 am

Anja wrote:Anna sigh and drew a deep breath.
"First of all Sir having a home where there are dangers when those dangers are offset by considerable advantages are not the same as doing stupid things like blowing up your own members just because, it is like if you live on a boat you have the danger of drowning but that do not mean you are going to randomly booby trap the kitchen."
The young apprentice said sounding a bit exasperated.
"Yes most Nephandi are sadistic and so will torture people when they can, slaves or even lesser ranked members of the Nephandi, that do not mean they are stupid and will do stupid shit that will only get themselves killed, you can be a evil bastard and practical that is why the Nephandi is dangerous Sir if they where stupid they would be easy to deal with."
Anja wrote:"Again Sir Qliphotic Magick do not mean you are more likely to blow up your own members."
Anna said with another sigh.
"Yes when I do magick it is done by destruction."
The young apprentice brought a prime bolt into her hands.
"When you make something like this you create the bolt Sir, when I make it I destroy the possibility that the bolt do not exist. Now a book that give you knowledge by taking away you sight would be far to literal a cost, usually the cost is based in your soul and also it would make that member less effective so no, it is not likely to happen, more likely you would loose your hope or have to kill someone for the knowledge, just straight up an ordeal that you yourself go though for knowledge is more Akashic Brotherhood and Verbena than Nephandi."
Anja wrote:"Well Sir you are right that the Nephandi do magick by destroying possibilities however that is not the same as the ordeal path, and I believe many Akashics, Verbena and Choristers would be insulted by the indication hat it is. The ordeal path means you suffer for your knowledge or give a sacrifice of yourself, your body, your time anything really to achieve enlightenment, the Nephandi just destroy, I mean some are very hung up on pain, including their own as an expression of self destruction but it is still in a practical way and not a sacrifice for knowledge."
Anna replied.
Colin wrote:He gave Serge a pat on the shoulder and a wry smile, "Best concede this one, son, Anna knows what she's speaking of here."

"Yeah, I'm fairly experienced at being wrong." Serge said absentmindedly. In fact, Serge didn't seem to be paying much attention to what Anna was saying at all, especially as the young girls tone turned sour. His attention instead being turned to the labryinth itself and its grim surroundings.

He pulled out a sketchpad and began to sketch what he saw. Little doodles here and there if the flesh walls and other strange interior decorating.

"Come on Mundi. Let's see if we can find something interesting. In fact, do you smell anything cool? Any spirits nearby?"

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:54 am

He frowned, "I think we might be using the term 'personal instruction' differently here... I mean having a teacher in person to answer questions and clarify things in the classroom, not individual tutors providing private instruction on a one-on-one basis - though the well-to-do do seem to enjoy that for their children, all to give them an advantage in life. It's an unfortunate disparity that needs to be addressed - but unfortunately, there's little we can do about it directly."

"The thing is that public education are usually one of the biggest steps forwards for a society, and yes surely the Union have their claws in schools, even so there is a great value in general literacy and knowledge of the world being commonplace."
Jeffry replied.

He sipped his cocoa and gave Morgan an innocent look, "Besides, it's not like you haven't managed to melt... is it three or four Moccamasters in my time here? Miss Mar and Adley spent quite some time finding a more heat-resistant model..."

"Three...the forth...did not melt it blew up."
The Chief muttered and he scratched his head a little.
"But yes the new coffee maker have served me well."

He shrugged, "To whom? I saw Lady Crexia's scrying; it was a beautiful, simple working that let her check on everyone without running afoul of Hermetic Law, but in a room full of Adepts and Disciples, no-one even noticed, except one nosy Orphan. It is unlikely the Spirit would notice, if the spell is already cast before entering the room."

"Agreed the rote you describe can probably be done fairly discreetly though none of us have the skill of Lady Crexia."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.

He grinned, "Fair, Chinese take-out food. Though now I want to take on that challenge."

"Chinese take out is good but it is not really Chinese food Yu Die say, and yeah she do know how to cook some really filling and good traditional dishes."
Anna said with a smile.

e blinked a bit as he pulled back, "Thank you, Toby... Sorry I confused you."
Turning to Nicole, he added, "I doubt you'll find wiring, Toby just grew the outlets, and emits electricity through them. There's no generator room, just the big guy himself. Hm, something to keep in mind for any electric apparatus installed; need to charge for power consumption."

"Now that is really interesting."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"So the Labyrinth can convert energy then? Mr Wainwright."

He sighed, "That's a flaw in fiction, I suppose. Well, cheap fiction. Plenty of stories with cunning villains, once you get past the cartoon stage. Hell, I've seen my share of villains who even played on that - appearing like simple oafs while getting their machinations into place..."

"Yeah I mean if your enemies think you will behave like a DC villain why not play on that and then rip their entrails out of their asses when they are not looking."
Anna said with a grin, and everyone looked at her again.

"Yeah, I'm fairly experienced at being wrong." Serge said absentmindedly. In fact, Serge didn't seem to be paying much attention to what Anna was saying at all, especially as the young girls tone turned sour. His attention instead being turned to the labryinth itself and its grim surroundings.

Anna sigh at this and she put her hands on her hips.
"You know Sir if you just stop listening when someone tell you that you have the wrong idea about something chances are you will never learn."

He pulled out a sketchpad and began to sketch what he saw. Little doodles here and there if the flesh walls and other strange interior decorating.

"Come on Mundi. Let's see if we can find something interesting. In fact, do you smell anything cool? Any spirits nearby?"

Mundi was quiet, looking around and on alert.
"He will inform us if he senses anything Mr Yager I believe none of the Labyrinth spirits are around right now."
Darrian said glancing over at Serge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am

Warp's Post:

The multitool was a "Supertool"; an older model, if the surface scuffs and slight tarnishing was anything to go on. If Colin unfolded the tools, he'd spot at least two were clearly not original, one of which had required some aftermarket milling to fit it in. Was well maintained, though; the blades sharpened and joints oiled. A moment before the Etherite replied.

'P'haps it has a different... spirit. A tiny fragment of the pride felt by the designer for their engineering, from the manufacturer for the build quality. Adding to the aura of the name, which means something to millions of people. Perhaps the spirit comes to the piece over years of use and care... something you'd not get off a Gerber 'cos they're shit and will die on you in a couple of years.' Here Nicole gave her own wry smile, putting her hand out to take the item back again.

'This is my multitool. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my tool is useless. Without my tool, I am useless... well, not totally - I own another.' lessening the effect of her parody of The Soldier's Creed.

Anja's Post:

'And what did you learn? State Capitols? US Presidents in order? The Preamble to the Constitution, hmm?' she replied, eyes narrowing in amusement. 'The question is not so much how good the school is in teaching, but whether the topics being teached are worth having. Then there's the secret lessons...'

Warp's Post:

A little laugh to that. 'When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful. A miracle, it was beautiful, magical... But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical...' lines which Colin might recognise as coming from The Logical Song by Supertramp.

Warp's Post:

'Yeah? What if it's already in the room in question?'

Anja's Post:

'Ah, I see - so the Mundies need to be the ones who sit down and take it, partly due to the fact we help keep 'em tied to the chair?' the Etherite replied brightly, though not with malice. 'Perhaps I'm just dumb muscle, but it don't seem like, much "protection" is going on when the only promise for the future is to continue being fucked over like today.'

Anja's Post:

'And I'd agree with you - if everyone left the Mundies be. But they don't. Every group fucks around with 'em to some extent. Even us.' she continued as she wheeled the dolly along the fleshy hallway.

Anja's Post:

'That's the question, like. Whether long-term consumption of slight... taint is worse for people than the occasional consumption of a heavier load. Plus; whether or not it's all just ick factor.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:04 pm

And what did you learn? State Capitols? US Presidents in order? The Preamble to the Constitution, hmm?' she replied, eyes narrowing in amusement. 'The question is not so much how good the school is in teaching, but whether the topics being teached are worth having. Then there's the secret lessons...'

"Math, how to use a computer, basic French, how to work with others in a team the list is pretty long Ma'am and all of it have been pretty useful, sure there was some boring rote knowledge that have no meaning to me but all in all I would rather have an education. Also with all due respect Ma'am one of the things that have driven society forwards, which jump start things like women's liberation and better living conditions for everyone are an introduction of a public education system so yes school is absolutely worth it Ma'am, also would you really want to go back to those who do not have parents with the time to teach them being illiterate, would that be better?"
Kyle asked raising an eyebrow at Nicole.

Yeah? What if it's already in the room in question?'

"It should not matter such a rote let the mage know of the connection between beings, where that being is located should not figure into it."
Jeffry replied.

'Ah, I see - so the Mundies need to be the ones who sit down and take it, partly due to the fact we help keep 'em tied to the chair?' the Etherite replied brightly, though not with malice. 'Perhaps I'm just dumb muscle, but it don't seem like, much "protection" is going on when the only promise for the future is to continue being fucked over like today.'

"So it would be better then Ma'am to have mass death, possibly the destruction of the entire earth in a war between supernatural and the sleepers? Would that be better? More good? More fair? Because I do not think so Ma'am. Most sleepers never get into contact with the supernatural in any meaningful way, that is the protection. We fight the Nephandi when we find them, that is protection, and yes we do not tell them truths they can not as a society handle which is also protection."
Dion said simply.

And I'd agree with you - if everyone left the Mundies be. But they don't. Every group fucks around with 'em to some extent. Even us.' she continued as she wheeled the dolly along the fleshy hallway.

"Ma'am you seam to think that in a war between the supernatural population and sleepers then the sleepers will easily win, destroy the supernaturals and live happily ever after, had that been the case then your argument that the sleepers should be told would be valid if from a rather self destructive point of view but at least it would be altruistic. However the scale of destruction of such an outright war would leave the sleeper population decimated, the earth a broken husk and while sheer numbers might leave some sleepers alive when the last of the supernaturals have left earth or been destroyed that is not much of a victory."
Dion replied.
"There is a old Star Trek episode, and a Stargate Atlantis one as well where the last two survivors of a war continue their fight, desperate to be the victor after their worlds have been destroyed. Do it really matter in such a case which one is left to rule a ruined world? How is it better for the sleepers to have death at such a massive scale, than if small minority gets hurt by supernaturals from the shadows?"

That's the question, like. Whether long-term consumption of slight... taint is worse for people than the occasional consumption of a heavier load. Plus; whether or not it's all just ick factor.'

"Well Mr Wainwright claim this is not a corrupted place just Entropic so I suspect it is the ick factor when it comes to this Labyrinth as for actual taint no consumption of it should be done."
The Chorister replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Nicole wrote:The multitool was a "Supertool"; an older model, if the surface scuffs and slight tarnishing was anything to go on. If Colin unfolded the tools, he'd spot at least two were clearly not original, one of which had required some aftermarket milling to fit it in. Was well maintained, though; the blades sharpened and joints oiled. A moment before the Etherite replied.

'P'haps it has a different... spirit. A tiny fragment of the pride felt by the designer for their engineering, from the manufacturer for the build quality. Adding to the aura of the name, which means something to millions of people. Perhaps the spirit comes to the piece over years of use and care... something you'd not get off a Gerber 'cos they're shit and will die on you in a couple of years.' Here Nicole gave her own wry smile, putting her hand out to take the item back again.

'This is my multitool. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my tool is useless. Without my tool, I am useless... well, not totally - I own another.' lessening the effect of her parody of The Soldier's Creed.
Colin carefully pulled out a few of the tools, examining them, "The Japanese have a belief that a tool cared-for and well tended for a century will Awaken. There's something to that. I can tell there's a... strange harmony in your tool, like more than one voice singing."

He ran a finger along the edge on one blade, "This one... was a custom smithing, and you had the assembly modified to fit it, or a previous owner did. The steel quality is slightly different, but this was made with a more... individual purpose than the original assembly, I should think. It's a lovely bit of work, too... perhaps this will Awaken in, oh, around seventy years?"

Anja wrote:"The thing is that public education are usually one of the biggest steps forwards for a society, and yes surely the Union have their claws in schools, even so there is a great value in general literacy and knowledge of the world being commonplace."
Jeffry replied.
Nicole wrote:A little laugh to that. 'When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful. A miracle, it was beautiful, magical... But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical...' lines which Colin might recognise as coming from The Logical Song by Supertramp.
He chuckled around the cocoa and put down the mug before he choked on it, "Do not cite the deep magic to me, witch, I was there when it was written. But yes, the industrial model of education is deeply flawed. It can still be salvaged, it's not completely broken yet... private schools are something of a blight in that regard, though, or at least, the American model thereof."

Anja wrote:"Three...the forth...did not melt it blew up."
The Chief muttered and he scratched his head a little.
"But yes the new coffee maker have served me well."
He smiled wryly, "Modern plastics can be so... very, very particular about their optimal working conditions. Your apprentices worked hard to find a model that would work in a supervillain's volcano lair."

Anja wrote:"Agreed the rote you describe can probably be done fairly discreetly though none of us have the skill of Lady Crexia."
Nicole wrote:'Yeah? What if it's already in the room in question?'
Anja wrote:"It should not matter such a rote let the mage know of the connection between beings, where that being is located should not figure into it."
Jeffry replied.
He shrugged, "I only noticed Lady Crexia was actually doing something, because I knew she was about to. As I said, no-one in the room noticed, and there were far stronger Magi than me there. Mind you, spotting a connection like that is the easy part; if it's compelled by another Mage, finding the person on the other end of the link will be the hard part."

Anja wrote:"Chinese take out is good but it is not really Chinese food Yu Die say, and yeah she do know how to cook some really filling and good traditional dishes."
Anna said with a smile.
He sighed, "Most of what passes for Indian food in restaurants, for that matter, is British, not Indian... The old Empire did more than its share of cultural imposition, and it is a shame how we changed the common idea of how various cuisines are supposed to be... The Empire that conquered a quarter of the globe for spices, and then used none of them..."

Nicole wrote:'That's the question, like. Whether long-term consumption of slight... taint is worse for people than the occasional consumption of a heavier load. Plus; whether or not it's all just ick factor.'
Anja wrote:"Well Mr Wainwright claim this is not a corrupted place just Entropic so I suspect it is the ick factor when it comes to this Labyrinth as for actual taint no consumption of it should be done."
The Chorister replied.
He smiled wryly, "Toby's not inherently corrupted, though over time, with the Caul and the Fallen present, well... The ick factor is significant. I mean, who would want to eat vegetables grown on one of those body farms, where they observe how human bodies decompose in the open? I would prefer to avoid that, myself..."

Anja wrote:"Now that is really interesting."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"So the Labyrinth can convert energy then? Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "So it seems. Similar to the electric eel, I suppose. But it needs to feed to emit electricity..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean if your enemies think you will behave like a DC villain why not play on that and then rip their entrails out of their asses when they are not looking."
Anna said with a grin, and everyone looked at her again.
He sighed softly, "Or just start explaining your devious plan to the heroes who arrive thirty minutes after you launched..."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, I'm fairly experienced at being wrong." Serge said absentmindedly. In fact, Serge didn't seem to be paying much attention to what Anna was saying at all, especially as the young girls tone turned sour. His attention instead being turned to the labryinth itself and its grim surroundings.
Anja wrote:Anna sigh at this and she put her hands on her hips.
"You know Sir if you just stop listening when someone tell you that you have the wrong idea about something chances are you will never learn."
He gave Serge a light squeeze on the shoulder and shook his head, "Tuning out contradictions isn't a good way to learn to do better, son..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:48 pm

He smiled wryly, "Modern plastics can be so... very, very particular about their optimal working conditions. Your apprentices worked hard to find a model that would work in a supervillain's volcano lair."

"And I am most appreciative to Helena and Hadley for that, though I do wonder if I am the ehm...supervillain of your example here Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry asked raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged, "I only noticed Lady Crexia was actually doing something, because I knew she was about to. As I said, no-one in the room noticed, and there were far stronger Magi than me there. Mind you, spotting a connection like that is the easy part; if it's compelled by another Mage, finding the person on the other end of the link will be the hard part."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He sighed, "Most of what passes for Indian food in restaurants, for that matter, is British, not Indian... The old Empire did more than its share of cultural imposition, and it is a shame how we changed the common idea of how various cuisines are supposed to be... The Empire that conquered a quarter of the globe for spices, and then used none of them..."

"Yeah it is the same with Chinese restaurants, most of the dishes served there are of American make but with rise and soy sauce so it is called Chinese and yet it have nothing to do with actual Chinese cosine."
Anna agreed with a nod.
"I mean I like Peking Duck but I can see how it is a problem that it and other such dishes are presented as traditional Chinese food when it is at best loosely inspired by Chinese cosine."

He smiled wryly, "Toby's not inherently corrupted, though over time, with the Caul and the Fallen present, well... The ick factor is significant. I mean, who would want to eat vegetables grown on one of those body farms, where they observe how human bodies decompose in the open? I would prefer to avoid that, myself..."

"Yeah that is my opinion as well Sir, it would not be evil to have vegetables grown on body farms sold but I believe it to be immoral to not mark them with where they had grown since most people would not want to eat something that have grown in corpses."
Dion agreed with a nod.

He nodded, "So it seems. Similar to the electric eel, I suppose. But it needs to feed to emit electricity..."

"Most interesting, and worrisome there is a chance the Labyrinth can also use that as a weapon is it not my good man?"
Jeffry asked.

He sighed softly, "Or just start explaining your devious plan to the heroes who arrive thirty minutes after you launched..."

"Yeah I mean probably this silly idea presented in media for what a villain is, for what evil is was probably influenced by the Nephandi, when it is constantly ingrained that evil is overly violent even when it hurt itself and have a certain look, no one is going to suspect the cute middle aged lady who constantly turn down the request for aid at social services so she with a signature drive a family further and further towards ruin."
Anna replied.
"This Nephandi plot that my Labyrinth and the rest was a part of is a rare thing, usually Nephandi work behind the scenes, the Nephandi agent is your best friend who urge you to be a dick to your stepmother now you have inheriteded the house she lived in with your father adding to her pain of loosing her partner by tossing her out of the house. The Nephandi agent is the lobbyist that speak in favor of for profit prisons and make sure prisoners are treated as badly as possible to drive them towards corrupting. the Nephandi agent is the cute little old lady in your Church telling you to shun your gay child, little acts of everyday evil create so much more decay and corrupting and drive the world so much more towards oblivion than one act of evil and brutality. The Nephandi do that as well but the main work is done in secret...by agents who is never suspected as they do not fit into the general idea of what a evil person is supposed to be."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:10 pm

Anja wrote:Anna sigh at this and she put her hands on her hips.
Colin wrote:He gave Serge a light squeeze on the shoulder and shook his head, "Tuning out contradictions isn't a good way to learn to do better, son..."

"Sorry sorry. Lot of interesting new things to see around here. Got a little distracted." Serge said as he continued to draw.

Anja wrote:Mundi was quiet, looking around and on alert.
"He will inform us if he senses anything Mr Yager I believe none of the Labyrinth spirits are around right now."
Darrian said glancing over at Serge.

"He's very good at that." Serge said seeing the dogs vigilance.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:21 am

Anja wrote:"And I am most appreciative to Helena and Hadley for that, though I do wonder if I am the ehm...supervillain of your example here Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry asked raising an eyebrow.
Colin smiled innocently, "Obviously, Sir, you're the volcano; the very... climate hazard the coffee maker must endure."

Anja wrote:"Most interesting, and worrisome there is a chance the Labyrinth can also use that as a weapon is it not my good man?"
Jeffry asked.
He mused, "I don't believe he'd think of that, Sir. A Keeper might make him do so, as she had him grow the outlets, but I do not believe he'd come up with the idea on his own. Same with the cannons on the battlecruiser forms; those are also not naturally grown, but an artificial implant..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean probably this silly idea presented in media for what a villain is, for what evil is was probably influenced by the Nephandi, when it is constantly ingrained that evil is overly violent even when it hurt itself and have a certain look, no one is going to suspect the cute middle aged lady who constantly turn down the request for aid at social services so she with a signature drive a family further and further towards ruin."
Anna replied.
"This Nephandi plot that my Labyrinth and the rest was a part of is a rare thing, usually Nephandi work behind the scenes, the Nephandi agent is your best friend who urge you to be a dick to your stepmother now you have inheriteded the house she lived in with your father adding to her pain of loosing her partner by tossing her out of the house. The Nephandi agent is the lobbyist that speak in favor of for profit prisons and make sure prisoners are treated as badly as possible to drive them towards corrupting. the Nephandi agent is the cute little old lady in your Church telling you to shun your gay child, little acts of everyday evil create so much more decay and corrupting and drive the world so much more towards oblivion than one act of evil and brutality. The Nephandi do that as well but the main work is done in secret...by agents who is never suspected as they do not fit into the general idea of what a evil person is supposed to be."
He grunted, "So I am aware... Hum, perhaps we should have to look into who's got Case's dad's ear..."

Jeremy wrote:"Sorry sorry. Lot of interesting new things to see around here. Got a little distracted." Serge said as he continued to draw.
He glanced at the page, "Mmm-hmm. You are very easily distracted when the discussion is not in your favour, aren't you? Mind you, those are some well-drawn details..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:26 am

Colin smiled innocently, "Obviously, Sir, you're the volcano; the very... climate hazard the coffee maker must endure."

"Ah...being the volcano...now that is something I can agree to."
The Chief said with a slight smile.

"Sorry sorry. Lot of interesting new things to see around here. Got a little distracted." Serge said as he continued to draw.

Anna raised her eyebrow at this but she did not comment.

"He's very good at that." Serge said seeing the dogs vigilance.

"Well he is a powerful Umbrood so yes I would expect so."
Darrian said and he gave the large dog a fond smile.

He mused, "I don't believe he'd think of that, Sir. A Keeper might make him do so, as she had him grow the outlets, but I do not believe he'd come up with the idea on his own. Same with the cannons on the battlecruiser forms; those are also not naturally grown, but an artificial implant..."

Jeffry nodded at this.
"Hum...so how much can you really control him without a Keeper Mr Wainwright?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"There should not be any immediate danger of the Labyrinth electrocuting us then."

He grunted, "So I am aware... Hum, perhaps we should have to look into who's got Case's dad's ear..."

"Oh yes...and kick their ass."
Anna said darkly with a bit of a grin.

(OOC: Once Nicole have replied again I believe we are ready to move on to the library.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am

Warp's Post:

'Not even a Leatherman would last that long.' she quipped. 'But yeah - cannibalised. New blade, chunkier screwdriver. Not like anyone uses the scissors anyhows.'

Anja's Post:

'Then you've had a miracle; finding the only school in America not loaded with factoid fillers and mass drilling in conformity.' the Etherite replied, returning the eyebrow. 'And I ain't no Mystic, looking longingly back at the Middle Ages.' sounding a touch insulted.

Warp's Post:

'Not sure it can be, really. The plan is to move away from needing tons of office drones, punchclock clerks and human assembly machines.' giving a little shrug. 'Any achievement I've had past school was despite it, not 'cos of it. Not that I had any achievements in school either...'

Warp's Post:

'Fair enough. Just didn't want to risk like, pissing it off or something.'

Anja's Post:

Anja's Post:

'One, you don't know for sure there would be a war - many ways it can pan out. Two, if you believe there would be a war 'cos of bad treatment that kinda proves my point. Three, you don't have to be in direct contact with 'em to feel their effects - just look at the Syndicate. Four, you have no way in calculating how much this world is fucked-up due to actions of various things behind the curtain. And five, how do you like, know for sure the Mundies don't already know?

Warp's Post:

'Interesting to study, mind... and if the soil and water is from elsewhere... now that's something to work out. Whether this thing has tanks or something.'

[Factiod of the day; the majority of 'Indian' restaurants in the UK are owned/operated by Bangladeshis or Pakistanis. Now I want a lamb pasanda.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:06 am

Colin wrote:He glanced at the page, "Mmm-hmm. You are very easily distracted when the discussion is not in your favour, aren't you? Mind you, those are some well-drawn details..."

"I suppose it could look like that, if you believe me to be that type of person." Serge said with a shrug. "Honestly though, I did get distracted. I realized halfway though that lecture that I've been neglecting my drawings. Sketching the interior of these walls is helpful for me to understanding this place a little better. Plus its helpful to have the ability to teleport to any location in this place among other uses for this particular magikal focus."

Anja wrote:"Well he is a powerful Umbrood so yes I would expect so."
Darrian said and he gave the large dog a fond smile.

Serge smiled at Mindi as well and began his trek into the Library, sketching everything he saw along the way.

He didn't just sketch mindlessly. He tried to get a feel for the Labryinth as a whole and reflect that in his drawings.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:51 am

'Then you've had a miracle; finding the only school in America not loaded with factoid fillers and mass drilling in conformity.' the Etherite replied, returning the eyebrow. 'And I ain't no Mystic, looking longingly back at the Middle Ages.' sounding a touch insulted.

"Forgive me Ma'am I mean no disrespect but first of all right back to the middle ages is where we will go with no education. Also are you so sure that my experiences along several schools as my family moved around is specially positive and perhaps not your experiences that are especially negative."
Kyle said politely.

Fair enough. Just didn't want to risk like, pissing it off or something.'

"Just treat the spirit as a person and I believe you will be fine Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.

'One, you don't know for sure there would be a war - many ways it can pan out. Two, if you believe there would be a war 'cos of bad treatment that kinda proves my point. Three, you don't have to be in direct contact with 'em to feel their effects - just look at the Syndicate. Four, you have no way in calculating how much this world is fucked-up due to actions of various things behind the curtain. And five, how do you like, know for sure the Mundies don't already know?

"No I am not sure it will be war it could be the supernaturals just enslaved the sleepers right up. Here is the thing Ma'am human society have a problem handling someone with a different skin color or who love someone they would not love, what makes you think they will be able to handle the existence of people who can level a mountain with their minds or turn into wolves. So yeah there are several ways breaking the Law of Shade could pan out none of them good for anyone. Also no it is not just because some supernaturals treat sleepers badly things will not pan out but because when one person can live forever, heal any disease, shapechange, and the list go on and on and on another another the fear and jealousy will lead to conflicts. Humanity just is not ready to have their world so drastically altered. Also yes I know the majority of sleepers do not know of the existence of supernaturals that is fairly obvious, in fact it gets proven every time you get Paradox from an effect cast."
Dion said with a sigh.

Interesting to study, mind... and if the soil and water is from elsewhere... now that's something to work out. Whether this thing has tanks or something.'

"It is a most fascinating creature indeed."
Darrian said with a nod.

Serge smiled at Mindi as well and began his trek into the Library, sketching everything he saw along the way.

He didn't just sketch mindlessly. He tried to get a feel for the Labryinth as a whole and reflect that in his drawings.

You got into a large circular room, book shelves was on all the walls, built from bone and filled with books, the room smelled of rot but also of ink and paper. In the center of the room was a table with chairs around it, a desk stood to the side with a log book of who had checked out which books. To one sine a brain growed out of the floor, a giant one, several wires was going from this to several computers along another desk. Mundi growled and then you saw a woman, a manifesting spirit perhaps so all could see her, she was terribly pale and wounds covered her arms. Her face was just one vertical slit with teeth and she pointed at the mages and chittered.
"Well then."
Jeffry said and you ehard him beginning a working."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:25 pm

Nicole wrote:'Not even a Leatherman would last that long.' she quipped. 'But yeah - cannibalised. New blade, chunkier screwdriver. Not like anyone uses the scissors anyhows.'
Colin shrugged, "You would be surprised at how long a well cared-for tool of good steel can last - though there's bound to be a Ship of Theseus aspect to it. The changes do lend some more personality, I suppose."

Nicole wrote:'Not sure it can be, really. The plan is to move away from needing tons of office drones, punchclock clerks and human assembly machines.' giving a little shrug. 'Any achievement I've had past school was despite it, not 'cos of it. Not that I had any achievements in school either...'
He nodded, "The system is still salvageable - not saying the clock isn't ticking. A good start on fixing things would be less focus on regurgitating facts for six to seven hours a day, and rather have shorter mandatory days with a greater focus on logic, rhetoric, linguistics, mathematics, and the scientific method - and offer more in-depth studies on more subjects as electives, including trades, arts, and athletics... Well, a bit idealistic, I suppose, but teaching kids to think for themselves and want to pursue knowledge would be better than force-feeding them facts like one would fatten up a goose."

Nicole wrote:'Fair enough. Just didn't want to risk like, pissing it off or something.'
Anja wrote:"Just treat the spirit as a person and I believe you will be fine Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.
He nodded, "Spirits, in my experience, don't tend to understand insult as well as humans do - not outside of ghosts or deities."

Nicole wrote:'Interesting to study, mind... and if the soil and water is from elsewhere... now that's something to work out. Whether this thing has tanks or something.'
Anja wrote:"It is a most fascinating creature indeed."
Darrian said with a nod.
He wrinkled his nose, "Hazarding a guess, the water is generated like the electricity... I wouldn't make tea here. And yes, he's fascinating."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at this.
"Hum...so how much can you really control him without a Keeper Mr Wainwright?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"There should not be any immediate danger of the Labyrinth electrocuting us then."
He sighed, "Control? About as much as anyone can control a gargantuan wolfhound, I suppose. He understands concepts like 'friend', and I can probably manage to convince him to do things like change temperatures, or adjust rooms, with a bit of persuasion, but it'll be somewhat like trying to convince a large, strong dog without resorting to something like a shock collar. So... not much directly. Enough for our needs, I believe, but little beyond that."

Anja wrote:"Oh yes...and kick their ass."
Anna said darkly with a bit of a grin.
He smiled thinly, "Well, one thing at a time... can't have us accidentally breaking the Law of Shade, after all."

Jeremy wrote:"I suppose it could look like that, if you believe me to be that type of person." Serge said with a shrug. "Honestly though, I did get distracted. I realized halfway though that lecture that I've been neglecting my drawings. Sketching the interior of these walls is helpful for me to understanding this place a little better. Plus its helpful to have the ability to teleport to any location in this place among other uses for this particular magikal focus."
He nodded, "Ah, fair. Hum, be warned, though, that a Labyrinth will grow and change over time, and there is a... fast-travel system in place. You could probably easily share Toby's sight to see the different rooms, come to think of it, but be warned the travel method is... not pleasant."

Anja wrote:You got into a large circular room, book shelves was on all the walls, built from bone and filled with books, the room smelled of rot but also of ink and paper. In the center of the room was a table with chairs around it, a desk stood to the side with a log book of who had checked out which books. To one sine a brain growed out of the floor, a giant one, several wires was going from this to several computers along another desk. Mundi growled and then you saw a woman, a manifesting spirit perhaps so all could see her, she was terribly pale and wounds covered her arms. Her face was just one vertical slit with teeth and she pointed at the mages and chittered.
"Well then."
Jeffry said and you ehard him beginning a working."
He glanced at the brain before turning to the woman, "Interesting central computer... hum, ma'am, as the new landlord and owner of Toby, I'm sorry to let you know your services are no longer required, and I am serving you an immediate eviction notice."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:18 pm

He nodded, "The system is still salvageable - not saying the clock isn't ticking. A good start on fixing things would be less focus on regurgitating facts for six to seven hours a day, and rather have shorter mandatory days with a greater focus on logic, rhetoric, linguistics, mathematics, and the scientific method - and offer more in-depth studies on more subjects as electives, including trades, arts, and athletics... Well, a bit idealistic, I suppose, but teaching kids to think for themselves and want to pursue knowledge would be better than force-feeding them facts like one would fatten up a goose."

"That I agree with Sir and I am not saying the school system is perfect, I am just saying that having a public school is better than not having it even if it is not perfect."
Kyle said with a nod.

He nodded, "Spirits, in my experience, don't tend to understand insult as well as humans do - not outside of ghosts or deities."

"That is true they can be rather alien in how they communicate and see the world, what you think is a compliment can be an insult and an intended insult can be seen as perfectly acceptable, you need to learn by doing in how to communicate with them."

He wrinkled his nose, "Hazarding a guess, the water is generated like the electricity... I wouldn't make tea here. And yes, he's fascinating."

"Yes...well until we know how water is generated let us bring it along if we are going to spend much time here eh."
Marian said with a frown and Darian nodded.
"Most fascinating."
The alchemist replied.

He sighed, "Control? About as much as anyone can control a gargantuan wolfhound, I suppose. He understands concepts like 'friend', and I can probably manage to convince him to do things like change temperatures, or adjust rooms, with a bit of persuasion, but it'll be somewhat like trying to convince a large, strong dog without resorting to something like a shock collar. So... not much directly. Enough for our needs, I believe, but little beyond that."

"Hum....this still seam like a rather dangerous endeavor Mr Wainwright, what is going to stop this spirit from turning on us?"
The old Hermetic asked looking around with a stern look on his face.

He smiled thinly, "Well, one thing at a time... can't have us accidentally breaking the Law of Shade, after all."

"A booth up the rear do not break the Law of Shade dad."
Anna replied overly sweetly, she really wanted to kick whoever inspired Case's parents to being bigots, she wanted to kick them hard.

He glanced at the brain before turning to the woman, "Interesting central computer... hum, ma'am, as the new landlord and owner of Toby, I'm sorry to let you know your services are no longer required, and I am serving you an immediate eviction notice."

"You do not have my contract."
The spirit said it's voice like a sew through flesh.
"What is eviction...I am here I am pain who do you want me to torture?"
The spirit said and she took one more step forwards.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:06 pm

Anja's Post:

'Who said no education? Only you. Congrats to falling for the Union's propaganda, like; that their idea of "education" is the only game in town. And ain't you thought that p'haps you are the type of kid which fits the Union's hole?' the Etherite retorted.

Warp's Post:

'Yeah... Union won't do that. Last thing they want is the Mundies thinking for themselves and questioning shit. That is, not the elite types scooped off to join the ruling class, like.' Highlighting the Etherite's holistic viewpoint regarding the Union, which was why she so frequently clashed with Mages who held an atomistic view of the situation - that they felt Sleeper changes generally unnecessary.

Anja's Post:

'Turd-burger nice, 'cos better than no burger. Not allowed to consider possibility of other burgers existing. Or even stranger things. Like a chicken pie!' she replied sarcastically, accent widening.

Warp's Post:

'Might consider it a threat, like. And not everyone is insulted by the same things.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, like people then.' giving a little shrug. 'Well, think that's it... 'part from sorting out the seeing it part of the show.'

[Think this sub-scene has gone on long enough.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:37 pm

'Who said no education? Only you. Congrats to falling for the Union's propaganda, like; that their idea of "education" is the only game in town. And ain't you thought that p'haps you are the type of kid which fits the Union's hole?' the Etherite retorted.

The room suddenly went very, very warm, heat viably radiated of Jeffry Morgan like the heat ripples seen over a fire as he turned his eyes on Nicole.
"Miss Bouchard suggest again that my apprentice fit well into the Technocracy mold or that he have fallen for Union propaganda and you and I will have a problem am I clear?"
The old mage said darkly, a darkened splotch started spreading in the floor he stood on and nearby plastic objects started melding from he heat radiated by his anger. Kyle looked from Nicole to his Mentor and then to Colin not knowing what to say or what to do in the situation.

'Turd-burger nice, 'cos better than no burger. Not allowed to consider possibility of other burgers existing. Or even stranger things. Like a chicken pie!' she replied sarcastically, accent widening.

Kyle still looking nervously at his Mentor drew a deep breath and replied.
"No Ma'am, a not perfect meal, rather than no meal. Also you indicate I am brain washed for having enjoyed going to school, what if you instead tell us what you think would be a good alternative to public education given the rather irrefutable data that show that an education population do better, is more progressive and generally live better than an uneducated one. What are your alternative to having school open and available to everyone. Forgive me I am just an apprentice, but perhaps your argument would carry more wait if you instead of ridiculing the views of others offered an viable alternative."
The apprentice said carefully still glancing over at Colin for help to diffuse the situation before the Chief melted something important.

'Might consider it a threat, like. And not everyone is insulted by the same things.'

"Indeed look at it like when you are dealing with Fae, Brownies for example will be angers by being thanked, something that seam polite to spirit might be insulting to you and vice versa Miss Bouchard."
The Chief said though he still glowed with red hot anger.
"Which might be a benefit more than a drawback you being you."

Well, like people then.' giving a little shrug. 'Well, think that's it... 'part from sorting out the seeing it part of the show.'

"I will as I promised make temporary devices for you to see the spirit."
The Chief said.
"It should not take long."
His eyes still eyes Nicole angrily though as he moved towards his home altar, where none of the items was easy to melt.

(OOC: I will let Warp reply. Jeffry is not happy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:46 pm

Nicole wrote:'Who said no education? Only you. Congrats to falling for the Union's propaganda, like; that their idea of "education" is the only game in town. And ain't you thought that p'haps you are the type of kid which fits the Union's hole?' the Etherite retorted.
Anja wrote:The room suddenly went very, very warm, heat viably radiated of Jeffry Morgan like the heat ripples seen over a fire as he turned his eyes on Nicole.
"Miss Bouchard suggest again that my apprentice fit well into the Technocracy mold or that he have fallen for Union propaganda and you and I will have a problem am I clear?"
The old mage said darkly, a darkened splotch started spreading in the floor he stood on and nearby plastic objects started melding from he heat radiated by his anger. Kyle looked from Nicole to his Mentor and then to Colin not knowing what to say or what to do in the situation.
Colin sighed, "Nicole, you will want to rapidly reconsider that last insinuation. Besides, not even the Technocracy tries to suggest that a faltering public education system is the only game in town, they're certainly working hard to promote private schools for the elites - a very different proposal than your suggestion... at this stage, the Union idea seems to be rolling back to the middle ages, where keeping the huddled masses just barely sufficiently educated to function or saddled with too much debt to have a shot at creating waves, while the privileged have higher education and advancement opportunities. So I suppose in that particular regard, they'd be quite in favour of pushing Kyle to the rear..."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... Union won't do that. Last thing they want is the Mundies thinking for themselves and questioning shit. That is, not the elite types scooped off to join the ruling class, like.' Highlighting the Etherite's holistic viewpoint regarding the Union, which was why she so frequently clashed with Mages who held an atomistic view of the situation - that they felt Sleeper changes generally unnecessary.
He nodded thoughtfully, "There will need to be an intervention, something to counter the Union's vise-like grip..."

Anja wrote:"That I agree with Sir and I am not saying the school system is perfect, I am just saying that having a public school is better than not having it even if it is not perfect."
Kyle said with a nod.
Nicole wrote:'Turd-burger nice, 'cos better than no burger. Not allowed to consider possibility of other burgers existing. Or even stranger things. Like a chicken pie!' she replied sarcastically, accent widening.
Anja wrote:Kyle still looking nervously at his Mentor drew a deep breath and replied.
"No Ma'am, a not perfect meal, rather than no meal. Also you indicate I am brain washed for having enjoyed going to school, what if you instead tell us what you think would be a good alternative to public education given the rather irrefutable data that show that an education population do better, is more progressive and generally live better than an uneducated one. What are your alternative to having school open and available to everyone. Forgive me I am just an apprentice, but perhaps your argument would carry more wait if you instead of ridiculing the views of others offered an viable alternative."
The apprentice said carefully still glancing over at Colin for help to diffuse the situation before the Chief melted something important.
He arched an eyebrow, "Kyle's right, Nick... what would you patch in instead of public schooling? Privatizing the whole thing will not do..."

Anja wrote:"That is true they can be rather alien in how they communicate and see the world, what you think is a compliment can be an insult and an intended insult can be seen as perfectly acceptable, you need to learn by doing in how to communicate with them."
Nicole wrote:'Well, like people then.' giving a little shrug. 'Well, think that's it... 'part from sorting out the seeing it part of the show.'
Anja wrote:"I will as I promised make temporary devices for you to see the spirit."
The Chief said.
"It should not take long."
His eyes still eyes Nicole angrily though as he moved towards his home altar, where none of the items was easy to melt.
He nodded, "We'd better make ourselves scarce, then, Nicole... Thank you for the cocoa, Sir, and I'll prepare my own connection scan..."

Anja wrote:"Hum....this still seam like a rather dangerous endeavor Mr Wainwright, what is going to stop this spirit from turning on us?"
The old Hermetic asked looking around with a stern look on his face.
He shrugged, "He knows 'friend' from 'foe', essentially. He understands enough not to hurt friends... so long as we don't hurt him, there should be no confusion. Anna, any thoughts?"

Anja wrote:"A booth up the rear do not break the Law of Shade dad."
Anna replied overly sweetly, she really wanted to kick whoever inspired Case's parents to being bigots, she wanted to kick them hard.
He grinned, "Well, true, but might break other, inconvenient laws."

Anja wrote:"You do not have my contract."
The spirit said it's voice like a sew through flesh.
"What is eviction...I am here I am pain who do you want me to torture?"
The spirit said and she took one more step forwards.
He shook his head, "The one who holds your contract is forfeit, either no longer in the Now, or soon to be removed from the Now. You are to torture no-one in this place, and to remain here no longer."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:01 pm

Colin sighed, "Nicole, you will want to rapidly reconsider that last insinuation. Besides, not even the Technocracy tries to suggest that a faltering public education system is the only game in town, they're certainly working hard to promote private schools for the elites - a very different proposal than your suggestion... at this stage, the Union idea seems to be rolling back to the middle ages, where keeping the huddled masses just barely sufficiently educated to function or saddled with too much debt to have a shot at creating waves, while the privileged have higher education and advancement opportunities. So I suppose in that particular regard, they'd be quite in favour of pushing Kyle to the rear..."

Kyle gave Colin a grateful look and took the opportunity to collect the used cups and go to the kitchen with them to get out of the situation, after all as a mere apprentice arguing with an initiated Disciple would not look good on his records and his Avatar hung in the balance so the boy quietly made himself scarce.

He nodded, "We'd better make ourselves scarce, then, Nicole... Thank you for the cocoa, Sir, and I'll prepare my own connection scan..."

The room was still rather intolerably hot as Jeffry nodded, he looked up from the piece of glass he was enchanting.
"You are welcome Mr Wainwright and this temporary enchantment to allow your Cabalmate to see Umbroods should be done soon."
He said scowling at Nicole as he did so.

He shrugged, "He knows 'friend' from 'foe', essentially. He understands enough not to hurt friends... so long as we don't hurt him, there should be no confusion. Anna, any thoughts?"

"Without a keeper or hefty Spirit Magick to control him you can't, however Toby seam to be friendly enough."
Anna replied and Jeffry raised and eyebrow.
"That do not make me feel much better about the situation Miss Wainwright."

He grinned, "Well, true, but might break other, inconvenient laws."

"Not if he is an Nephandus, then the seventh Protocol won't apply, and if it is a unwitting pawn then I will protect their butt my showing my boot up it."
Anna said and Jeffry chuckle at that.
"I am not sure it works like that Miss Wainwright."
He said and Anna gave him a wry smile.

He shook his head, "The one who holds your contract is forfeit, either no longer in the Now, or soon to be removed from the Now. You are to torture no-one in this place, and to remain here no longer.

"My contract is not dependent on the life of the mage who summoned me, also I have not yet been paid."
The spirit screeched.
"I was promised suffering as payment for my services."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next