Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:11 pm

[Steelhaven Chantry, Monday Morning]
Anja wrote:"Yes until w kow for sure that that batard Jac i not sending anythign lse after him Narim will have to kep behind the wards...hum that is a good idea though Amicus, Narim do love movies, watching oe togethr might help take his mind of things."
Adley said with a smil and a slight blush.
"I do think I will take your advice, and do not worry about me, I will make sur to rest."
Colin nodded, "Good, I'm headed to work - a few things to finish up before we head out, and tomorrow it's time to search out the Labyrinth. Who knows what items of use we might find there? In addition to gruesome remains, of course..."

[Colin's Apartment, Monday Evening]
Nicole wrote:'She must hate just thinking about all my ink.' she mused. 'Anyway... what's the chances of being able to get her to accept simply one shot?'
Colin sighed, "I think she just... avoids thinking of how you got it. Her getting a shot now? Somewhere short of nil, unless she were already unconscious and it was absolutely necessary to save her life. She even signed a consent form for that. After several years of therapy?"
He grinned, "She'll even get a tattoo when she makes it her choice to do so... and donate blood to save Freddy's life. Twice."

Nicole wrote:'Really? You think I'd like... what do you Brits call it - a busman's holiday?'
He grinned, "More like taking an opportunity to show off. Rather like Marty McFly in the third movie. Seven-Eleven, indeed."

Nicole wrote:'You are fighting a creature who does not yet exist. How do you know that it shall exist, and that it will have both the plan you describe and the power to actually pull it off?' the Etherite shot back.
He frowned, "I don't know that it shall exist, but it's trying very, very hard to. I've... seen what will happen if we fail. If. When Moloch emerges, it won't have the power to take over at once, but it will start to consume power. All the power, little by little. It was stopped in 1470, and it must be stopped again now..."
He chuckled bitterly, "I don't even know if it's sentient yet, a consciousness in potentia, I suppose it's a bit like Skynet; it's trying to make itself happen, but there's still time to prevent it... I could show you the end of growth, if you like, but it's not a pleasant view of things to come... and I could tell you exactly how I know it's real, but I'd have to swear you to secrecy on pain of death, and you might not believe me."

Nicole wrote:'Again, proof. And what's a "Psychopomp"?'
He frowned, "A Psychopomp is a powerful spirit, one that can carry an Avatar and fit it to a mortal. They've scarcely been seen at all in, oh, about six hundred years. When they picked Mages and Avatars to match, the synchronization was so flawless, Mages couldn't sense their Avatar's consciousness at all - Master Steelhaven has a Fount, as they call it, so one with his magic that there's no banter or debate. In any case. after the Psychopomps abandoned their task, Avatars sought out Mages on their own, and the bond was just imperfect enough to allow communication."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, I heard.' Nicole replied calmly, on hearing about about Hadermann's former relationship with Jace. 'When you say human, you are talking like, literally, right? And how do you know that that the DNA lablled 'Jace' is actually his?'
He grinned, "Literally human, born of man and woman, yes. And the spinal fluid sample certainly worked to track him down. The only thing I don't know for certain is whether the sample is from the original - but I'm willing to bet good money on it."

Nicole wrote:The look on Nicole's face made it obvious; she didn't understand half the terms Colin had used, and the parts she did she didn't understand how they fitted. 'So... is she like two people, one person or what? And why the fuck would someone...s do that?'
He shook his head, "Oh, they're one person, alright... They were two people who walked through life feeling like a part of themselves were missing. When they found one another... something magnificent happened, and the two halves were made whole. No ordinary person would normally do so - and the one time someone forced it to happen, it didn't work right. Though I suppose neither Julius nor Mia were 'ordinary', even among Mages and Alchemists. The experience is quite intimate, though, and I couldn't possibly say how Nico experienced it. Their being a Rebis is no secret, though, so if you're feeling brave, you might ask them about it."

Nicole wrote:'What, you didn't think I'd tell you if it was relevant to the situation?' she replied, tone now sharp. 'Do you know how much sexist bullshit I've had to deal with from this issue?'
He held up his hands, "I was only concerned about it in relation to my concern about PTSD. Nothing sexist about it whatsoever; I'd be equally worried if I saw the same tendency in Bruce or Adley. Though..."
He lowered his hands, "No, I obviously can't know how much sexist bullshit you've had to deal with, from that issue or others... and I certainly never meant to add to it. I am sorry."

Nicole wrote:A derisive snort to this. 'I don't want my pain taken away. I need my pain. Pain is what makes us who we are.' she replied firmly; Colin might recognise this as a Star Trek quote. 'Anyway, if you think some Oprah-style chatting with a shrink about my parents or some shit will make me Employee Of The Month, well forget it.'
He let out a wry snort, "Pain is indeed necessary, but it should be acknowledged and addressed, and numbed so it doesn't distract you from living. If you'll pardon my saying so, you Khan't Klingon to it for the rest of your life, it will wear you out. And while I don't think therapy would have any bearing on your Employee of the Month status, which I would be surprised if you don't secure at your garage soon enough, I wouldn't put a few book deals behind you.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:50 am

Colin nodded, "Good, I'm headed to work - a few things to finish up before we head out, and tomorrow it's time to search out the Labyrinth. Who knows what items of use we might find there? In addition to gruesome remains, of course..."

"Just make sure you don't go alone in case the Nephandi left some...suprises behind."
Adley said with a frown.
"Well don't let me stop you...thank you for stopping by."
H said with a smile as he walked you to the door to his apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:19 am

Warp's Post:

'Don't talk about giving blood... I don't want to.' sounding a bit sulky and sat upon.

Warp's Post:

'Eh... think that's a more a guy thing...' not exactly meeting Colin's eyes here. Nobody wore that much athleticwear and didn't want to show off, if only a little.

Warp's Post:

'Something which does not exist cannot try to exist. Skynet already existed, it simply wanted to be more. Either this Moloch thing exists but in a different form and-or another place or it does not yet exist, but the thing which creates it does.' Nicole reasoned. 'If it is as big a theat as you say, find where or what it is now and hit it while it's weak or find it's creator and hit them.'

Warp's Post:

'Ok... ay.' she said, clearly disbelieving at least part of this. 'Cutting the Avatar crap out, is there evidence this Psychopomp thing actually exists?'

Warp's Post:

'Correction; Jace's body was born of man and woman. How do you know that his body was not hijacked by some form of cyptid, like y'know Mundi? It was never "Jace", just the name of the first host. Would explain why the fucker refuses to die.'

Warp's Post:

'Er... think not.' clearly completely confused by the whole thing.

Warp's Post:

'No, employee of the month here. You think that I can be "fixed" somehow so I fit in here. Won't work.'

Warp's Post:

'Well, I have. Ask any woman how much crap they've had put on them for it - to become the Barbie fuck-object we all should be? You know how many times I've had comments like "you going to eat all that?" and so on? The passive-aggressive shit - yes, I want that calorie laden thing 'cos I fucking need the fuel. It's "hashtag fitgirlproblem"; you need a protein shake or load of nuts every two hours while society says you should have one small salad daily. Well, it's either the snacking or I have an entire buffet serving tray for dinner, which will kinda put a cramp on activity afterwards. Bruce is worse than me for this; I assume you've talked to him about it too? I saw him eat three Wendy's chicken sandwiches from in one sitting on Thursday.' The Etherite wasn't having a go at Colin, exactly; more making sure he got the reasons why. In a predictably forthright manner.

[It's not been mentioned, but I assume Bruce in this respects is almost the spear variant of Nick.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Anja wrote:"Just make sure you don't go alone in case the Nephandi left some...suprises behind."
Adley said with a frown.
"Well don't let me stop you...thank you for stopping by."
H said with a smile as he walked you to the door to his apartment.
Colin nodded, "I'll gather a group - can't open the door, myself, anyway. Well, unless I want to sacrifice someone for the back door - which is out of the question for obvious reasons."

Nicole wrote:'Don't talk about giving blood... I don't want to.' sounding a bit sulky and sat upon.
Colin shrugged, "Fair, neither does Anna... but consider this, if you knew you were a perfect match for a loved one who needed an urgent supply of whole blood, would you volunteer, or would you let them run the risk of permanent damage or death? It wasn't about donating to a soulless system that will officially lose track of it, but about actively saving your chosen family..."

Nicole wrote:'Eh... think that's a more a guy thing...'
He grinned, "Several of the veteran servicewomen I've met would certainly beg to differ..."

Nicole wrote:'Something which does not exist cannot try to exist. Skynet already existed, it simply wanted to be more. Either this Moloch thing exists but in a different form and-or another place or it does not yet exist, but the thing which creates it does.' Nicole reasoned. 'If it is as big a theat as you say, find where or what it is now and hit it while it's weak or find it's creator and hit them.'
He nodded, "And that search is ongoing. It's why we took in Lilyandra."

Nicole wrote:'Ok... ay.' she said, clearly disbelieving at least part of this. 'Cutting the Avatar crap out, is there evidence this Psychopomp thing actually exists?'
He smiled, "Well, I do have a book that explains how to summon one. It's accurate. And once we get Lily, we get hold of the poor woman who is, hm... not sure if 'host' or 'possessed' is the more accurate term, but yes, there's both eyewitness testimony, written accounts, and soon you may get to see one for yourself."

Nicole wrote:'Correction; Jace's body was born of man and woman. How do you know that his body was not hijacked by some form of cyptid, like y'know Mundi? It was never "Jace", just the name of the first host. Would explain why the fucker refuses to die.'
He soured a little, "Because the depths of his malice is very much something I could only ascribe to a human... He is very much the worst of us. The fucking ice cream maker, his villainy wasn't because he was a vampire, it was because he was the worst of humanity; the noblest and most vile of every supernatural community is so because of the human component, not the, hm, alien part."

Nicole wrote:'No, employee of the month here. You think that I can be "fixed" somehow so I fit in here. Won't work.'
He mused, "No, it won't... but it can help you be a better you, a happier and healthier you. Being stuck in 'survival mode', for want of a better term, is an impediment to personal growth. And if that personal growth makes you a little better at maneuvering pompous asshats with an heirloom log up their posteriors, all the better."

Nicole wrote:'Well, I have. Ask any woman how much crap they've had put on them for it - to become the Barbie fuck-object we all should be? You know how many times I've had comments like "you going to eat all that?" and so on? The passive-aggressive shit - yes, I want that calorie laden thing 'cos I fucking need the fuel. It's "hashtag fitgirlproblem"; you need a protein shake or load of nuts every two hours while society says you should have one small salad daily. Well, it's either the snacking or I have an entire buffet serving tray for dinner, which will kinda put a cramp on activity afterwards. Bruce is worse than me for this; I assume you've talked to him about it too? I saw him eat three Wendy's chicken sandwiches from in one sitting on Thursday.' The Etherite wasn't having a go at Colin, exactly; more making sure he got the reasons why. In a predictably forthright manner.
He smiled wryly, "I would never ask anyone if they were 'going to eat all that', even if you did load up a buffet tray for a single meal. No, my concern was solely about whether or not your in-between refueling was a symptom of PTSD. Again, I'm not an expert on it, but from what I've seen, when people are stress-snacking like that, they don't necessarily have themselves healthy meals at regular hours, either. Just another small snack at irregular intervals. As for Bruce, I've not seen the same worrying indicators in him, though devouring, what, 25 ounces? 30? That much food in one go does seem excessive, even if it's somewhat leaner meat in there."

((OOC: I think Bruce is a slimmer build, yes, but he's still a blacksmith, so there's a fair bit of upper body strength there.))

He leaned back in the chair, "Well, I think I've raised the topics I needed to go over. Anything you'd like to discuss?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll gather a group - can't open the door, myself, anyway. Well, unless I want to sacrifice someone for the back door - which is out of the question for obvious reasons."

"Good, take care Amicus and be safe."
The young Hermetic said.
"Try ot to mak my Pater's hair even grayer tha it already is."
He added wryly.

(OOC: I believe Bruce was described as beig pretty big and strong actually.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 pm

[Playground - Umbral Side]

Anja wrote:Your Mentor put the pill in her mouth ad swallowed then she closed her eyes ad the car slid into the Umbra like going through a curtain of water. You now found yourself in another version of the playground, the colors was sharper, the run down swings and slides was freshly painted and colorful. Master Babu looked at you and started moving her hands in precise mudras as she sang, she clearly worked the promised wards and you felt stronger, more confident, protected. Once doe the old Cultist said.
"Very well, find a good hiding spot until our undead friend arrives...then on my signal just start...talking to her, remind her of her true nature as a fae. You are now protected but this will still be dangerous...final chance to back out young one, though I don't think you will, not when someone needs your help."
The old Cultist said and Angie also gave you an encouraging nod.

"No, I have to do this. For several reasons. Foremost of all is the chance to help someone in need. Plus it'd be way to anti-climatic to turn back here." Serge said as he opened the door. He turned back to look at his two seniors saying, "Good luck to you guys as well. I know your part in this is also dangerous despite how calm you guys look. Thank you for your help."

Serge walked towards the newly refurbished playground, relishing in the bright colors and heightened atmosphere. It was certainly much more pleasant that it's counterpart in the mundane world. He shook his head to regain focus and quickly looked for somewhere to hide.

There wasn't really many places to hide at a playground, seeing as how they were designed to be open so that parents could keep track of their kids. Though Serge did remember certain blind spots that many kids abused. Underneath the slides or the jungle gym's for instance. He picked on such place that could hide him well and hid there, nervously doodling in his sketchbook as he waited.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 pm

No, I have to do this. For several reasons. Foremost of all is the chance to help someone in need. Plus it'd be way to anti-climatic to turn back here." Serge said as he opened the door. He turned back to look at his two seniors saying, "Good luck to you guys as well. I know your part in this is also dangerous despite how calm you guys look. Thank you for your help."

Angie gave you a pat on the shouldr before she got her crutches ad mauvered out of the car.
"You are a good kid Serg, that you want to help othersspeak well of you."
She said warmly. Mastr Babu waited for er drivr to open the door for her bfore she strode out of the car.
"Just make sure you keep the Banshee's attention child."
She instructed as she ad your Mentor headed of to the side to start their working.

Serge walked towards the newly refurbished playground, relishing in the bright colors and heightened atmosphere. It was certainly much more pleasant that it's counterpart in the mundane world. He shook his head to regain focus and quickly looked for somewhere to hide.

There wasn't really many places to hide at a playground, seeing as how they were designed to be open so that parents could keep track of their kids. Though Serge did remember certain blind spots that many kids abused. Underneath the slides or the jungle gym's for instance. He picked on such place that could hide him well and hid there, nervously doodling in his sketchbook as he waited.

You hid under some of the playground equipmnt and waited, before log somethig horrid arrived, the strange, walkig dead tree which was one of the Banshee's forms. You saw the two older Cultists, sittig at a bech ad meditating, th Banshee ignored them as she was on her way to her next victim. Then Master Babu spoke, her voice far away and distant as she was clarly in a trance state.
"Now child."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:26 pm

Anja wrote:You hid under some of the playground equipmnt and waited, before log somethig horrid arrived, the strange, walkig dead tree which was one of the Banshee's forms. You saw the two older Cultists, sittig at a bech ad meditating, th Banshee ignored them as she was on her way to her next victim. Then Master Babu spoke, her voice far away and distant as she was clarly in a trance state.
"Now child."

Serge popped out of his little hiding spot, walking right into the open in front of the walking dead tree. He had a bright smile on his face and walked confidently, as if he were doing nothing more than greeting an old friend. He was, of course, incredibly scared. More so of failure than of his own mortal demise. But he hid it well as he revealed himself to the walking dead tree.

"Ah! Lady Wilda! The Knight of the Summer Court. It's been sometime hasn't it?" he said proudly and confidently, referring to the fae by her proper name and title. He paused to gauge the reactions of the creature before him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 am

Serge popped out of his little hiding spot, walking right into the open in front of the walking dead tree. He had a bright smile on his face and walked confidently, as if he were doing nothing more than greeting an old friend. He was, of course, incredibly scared. More so of failure than of his own mortal demise. But he hid it well as he revealed himself to the walking dead tree.

"Ah! Lady Wilda! The Knight of the Summer Court. It's been sometime hasn't it?" he said proudly and confidently, referring to the fae by her proper name and title. He paused to gauge the reactions of the creature before him.

The old broken tree turned and looked at Serg, she rachd her branches out towards you but the wards surrouding you stopped her so she gave a confused look.
"The boy....the dreamer...."
Sh whispered her voice like wind through rusteling old laves.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Warp's Post:

'Already did this; had to for Richard last month, remember? Just that I keep on being asked. Gets annoying after a bit.'

Warp's Post:

'S'pose...' she replied uncertainly. Looking for a moment quite conflicted and a touch... not quite upset, but clearly rueful.

Warp's Post:

'Okay, I don't fucking get this.' draining her drink again, the alcohol having seeming little to nil effect on the large woman. 'Lilyandra's the vampire I drilled, right? What's the connection?'

Warp's Post:

'Accurate, you say - you tested it?' she quipped. 'And this Lily... okay, who?'

Warp's Post:

'What malice?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'Could it just be it don't get humans? It knows what it desires and moves towards that goal, not realising that it is crossing lines that "normal people" would not. Y'know, like them psychos who don't see nothing wrong with knocking up relatives, cutting up live animals to see how they worked and killing a stranger with a claw-hammer 'cos you want their ten bucks to buy smokes.' she replied with a tiny sigh, clearly wanting to light up herself.

Warp's Post:

'You were starting to actually sell that right up to the asshat point. I refuse to play their game. 'Cos the moment you accept their game you accept their rules.' the loathing obvious.

Warp's Post:

'If you're not an expert, why didn't you bring up your worries to someone who might know more 'bout it, like Dr Lee?' she retorted, a little sharp in tone. 'In fact, you're a double non-expert; how much do you know about nutrition?'

Warp's Post:

'Oh, is my evaluation over? Am I to be punished by being forced to attend diversity training again?' she quipped.

[No, Bruce is decidedly muscular, larger than Nick. She enjoyed a fanservice-y moment with him and then was sad when he spoke about his desires for Nico. In fact, any decidedly athletic / youngish male in the Chantry would have had Nick's 'eye of appreciation'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:35 pm

(OOC: Yes Bruce is really big and muscular the way I uderstad it from Kel's description of their character. So I agree with Nick with this one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Anja wrote:"Good, take care Amicus and be safe."
The young Hermetic said.
"Try ot to mak my Pater's hair even grayer tha it already is."
He added wryly.
Colin chuckled, "I will do my best to do no more than the hair tonic can compensate for. Hum, I do wonder who the 'Protector' of the homeless under Tobin Bridge is, though... the residents were quite certain of his ability to protect them. Might be worth looking into. Some day."

Nicole wrote:'Already did this; had to for Richard last month, remember? Just that I keep on being asked. Gets annoying after a bit.'
Colin nodded, "Ah, that's right. But yes, I can see the annoyance of persistence. Nothing wrong with enforcing your bodily autonomy; it's why it's there, after all."

Nicole wrote:'Okay, I don't fucking get this.' draining her drink again, the alcohol having seeming little to nil effect on the large woman. 'Lilyandra's the vampire I drilled, right? What's the connection?'
He sighed, "So, here's how that bit is lined up... Wallace Jace has a captive Psychopomp in a human body, we've figured this much out. He hid her in the care of Lily, the slaver, who has an immensely powerful Arcane, same thing as why we have trouble remembering... er... oh, you know, our Cabalmate... Virtual Adept, I think? Anyways, Lily's Arcane makes her impossible to track down, and anyone and anything under her wing, as it were, is covered by the same impediment. We did discover that Lily and Lilyandra are lovers, who found one another through their, hm, shared passions, and unlike Lily, Lilyandra could be found and extricated - and in a few days, Lily will come to the rescue, and right into our trap... and we'll play on her own affections by simply... not paying too close attention to her apprentice's whereabouts as we secure Lily and consign her to her fate. So, working our way backwards from Lilyandra, we thwart Jace and secure a critical asset in this whole debacle."

Nicole wrote:'Accurate, you say - you tested it?' she quipped. 'And this Lily... okay, who?'
He chuckled, "Tested it? Not personally, no. But I have had experts confirm the authenticity - the book is incredibly well kept for being about a thousand years old, and of course, individuals like Lady Crexia are old enough to have interacted with Psychopomps back when they were... more active."

Nicole wrote:'What malice?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'Could it just be it don't get humans? It knows what it desires and moves towards that goal, not realising that it is crossing lines that "normal people" would not. Y'know, like them psychos who don't see nothing wrong with knocking up relatives, cutting up live animals to see how they worked and killing a stranger with a claw-hammer 'cos you want their ten bucks to buy smokes.' she replied with a tiny sigh, clearly wanting to light up herself.
He shook his head, "No, I've encountered beings like that, such as the Genius Loci of a recycling plant who wanted my face, not understanding that I rather need it as an important part of my body. And the sort of mental deficient people you describe, also not same thing. No, Wallace Jace enjoys using medical torture on children, and then further tormenting and abusing their ghosts after they die in hospitals... if he'd just treated it as a side effect of doing business, that would be one thing, but the fucker enjoyed it, saw it as a bloody bonus. That sort of explicit sadism, you don't really see it outside of humans. Spirits are... simpler."

Nicole wrote:'You were starting to actually sell that right up to the asshat point. I refuse to play their game. 'Cos the moment you accept their game you accept their rules.' the loathing obvious.
He grinned, "Only to the point where you look at the letter of the law, and brusquely have your way with the spirit of it... Malicious compliance and 'your exact words' are powerful tools in your arsenal, so long as you don't let the bastards see they're getting to you."

Nicole wrote:'If you're not an expert, why didn't you bring up your worries to someone who might know more 'bout it, like Dr Lee?' she retorted, a little sharp in tone. 'In fact, you're a double non-expert; how much do you know about nutrition?'
He shrugged, "If I went to Dr. Lee about it, you'd be rightly upset I went behind your back about it. And it was only an unconfirmed element of a very good hunch. I thought it better to ask you directly. As for nutrition, I am a fairly decent cook, and I need to make sure Freddy and Anna - and myself, for that matter - have a well balanced diet. I don't know enough to finely tune anyone's intake for a perfect, sculpted physiology, but I know enough that no-one in my household will suffer malnourishment."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, is my evaluation over? Am I to be punished by being forced to attend diversity training again?' she quipped.
He laughed, "I wasn't planning on it, but if you insist... well, in any case, unless you have any other things you' like to discuss with me, I would like to extend an invitation to tag along for a little labyrinth exploration tomorrow, perhaps around noon, if it's convenient?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Colin chuckled, "I will do my best to do no more than the hair tonic can compensate for.

"Yeah I am sure my Pater will appriciate that."
Adley said wryly.

Hum, I do wonder who the 'Protector' of the homeless under Tobin Bridge is, though... the residents were quite certain of his ability to protect them. Might be worth looking into. Some day."

"Could be anything from a spirit to a skilled sleeper with some combat ability, without kowing mroe it is hard to guess."
The young Hrmetic replied.
"We can look into it if you want, see what can be found out?"
He offered in a tired voice, he clearly needed some rest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Anja wrote:The old broken tree turned and looked at Serge, she reached her branches out towards you but the wards surrounding you stopped her so she gave a confused look.
"The boy....the dreamer...."
She whispered her voice like wind through rustling old laves.

"You flatter me Lady Wilda." Serge said confidently, hiding his relieved look at seeing that the wards were functioning properly. "THE dreamer? I'm simply A dreamer. One of many in the world. But I'm sure you know that far better than I ever could."

Serge turned and looked at the playground, more colorful and vibrant than should be possible. He wondered to himself if it was mere coincidence or fate that made this encounter happen here. "Are you fond of playgrounds Lady Wilda? I certainly am. This is where the imagination of children run rampant. Come, let's have a closer look."

With that said he began to walk closer to the playground, checking occasionally to see if the banshee did actually follow him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:23 am

"You flatter me Lady Wilda." Serge said confidently, hiding his relieved look at seeing that the wards were functioning properly. "THE dreamer? I'm simply A dreamer. One of many in the world. But I'm sure you know that far better than I ever could."

"The Dreamer I was sent to kill, not the only reamr in existence."
The Banshee rplied as she moved a little closer.

Serge turned and looked at the playground, more colorful and vibrant than should be possible. He wondered to himself if it was mere coincidence or fate that made this encounter happen here. "Are you fond of playgrounds Lady Wilda? I certainly am. This is where the imagination of children run rampant. Come, let's have a closer look."

With that said he began to walk closer to the playground, checking occasionally to see if the banshee did actually follow him.

"It is a place...of wonder I...a castle...no I am fod of nothing I want to consum you...I must eat to exist."
The undead Fae said as she followd you, but at some distance due to the wards. You heard the creakig as the old, dead tree walked across te playgroud.
"Where are you goig little dreamer?"
She asked in that rusteling voice as she moved.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:25 pm

Warp's Post:

'Hard to say no when folks are at risk. Even harder when it's pointed out almost nobody here can donate to me.'

Warp's Post:

'What trap? Looks like we'll be in Horizon that point. Unless we're taking the crate with us...' giving a frown, clearly focusing on the bits she could understand.

Warp's Post:

'And are you an expert in spirits? What if it's one which has picked up bad habits from humans over the time here? Or one which comes from yet another dimension?'

Warp's Post:

'I think you don't understand me. I refuse to play the game 'cos it's shit. The simple fact of using the rule-book to find the loopholes gives the whole system legitimacy and I will not do that.'

Warp's Post:

'You could have filed off the serial numbers, got info from him about what to look for and shit. Could have gone and done a bit of background reading first.' she replied. 'And if you had, you might have worked out that other explanations were also possible. P'ticulary after you looked at what I was "snacking" on. But the very fact you noticed me but didn't notice Bruce says a lot.'

Warp's Post:

'That place.. why?' looking a little confused. 'Yeah, there is one thing... who knows much about crypt... spirits? A large rat has decided my apartment is their new home. I'll tell the Chief 'bout the breach, but also need to sort out the houseguest.'

[https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t268p25-downtime-planning-thread-ii#46160]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Nicole wrote:'Hard to say no when folks are at risk. Even harder when it's pointed out almost nobody here can donate to me.'
Colin smiled wryly, "O neg, hm? Hum, come to think of it... you're immune to virtually all diseases, right? But rejection syndrome is the immune system overreacting to implants, isn't it? Are you sure almost no-one can donate to you? Considering your arm is working perfectly, I mean?"

Nicole wrote:'What trap? Looks like we'll be in Horizon that point. Unless we're taking the crate with us...' giving a frown, clearly focusing on the bits she could understand.
He shrugged, "We, personally, might be - but not everyone from the Chantry will, and invitations have been extended to people with... quite specific grudges against Lily. Also, the timing is still a little ambiguous regarding departure time; we're still waiting for the all clear from Concordia, last time I checked."

Nicole wrote:'And are you an expert in spirits? What if it's one which has picked up bad habits from humans over the time here? Or one which comes from yet another dimension?'
He smiled thinly, "Expert? Oh, no, that would be presumptuous of me... but I am quite certain in this question; I have read quite a few accounts of interaction with spirits, and some of the Hermetic volumes classifying them are quite scientific in their classifications. Quantify all that can be quantified, indeed. Spirits are... less flexible than humans, more bound to their domain. A spirit of clutter and disorganization might thrive in a poorly sorted attic, but it doesn't have any personal agenda against the people storing their things in said attic - it only follows its own limited entropic nature; it is what it is. It seems the worst spirits, the most malicious ones... used to be human."

Nicole wrote:'I think you don't understand me. I refuse to play the game 'cos it's shit. The simple fact of using the rule-book to find the loopholes gives the whole system legitimacy and I will not do that.'
He shook his head, "Some times, a dysfunctional system is most effectively dismantled by following it until it breaks... There are things that simply cannot be patched around, and that will be very difficult to change with external pressure. The game is shit in many respects... and necessary in as many. But it's complex, and pulling the wrong thread at the wrong time, in the wrong way, can unravel the whole tapestry."

Nicole wrote:'You could have filed off the serial numbers, got info from him about what to look for and shit. Could have gone and done a bit of background reading first.' she replied. 'And if you had, you might have worked out that other explanations were also possible. P'ticulary after you looked at what I was "snacking" on. But the very fact you noticed me but didn't notice Bruce says a lot.'
He paused, "I was aware that other explanations were possible. The snacks only caught my attention after I noticed other indicators - sort of like noticing that the right blinker on a car is not working, after straightening out the left side of it from a crash. Might be connected, might not... Couldn't know until I conferred with you."

Nicole wrote:'That place.. why?' looking a little confused. 'Yeah, there is one thing... who knows much about crypt... spirits? A large rat has decided my apartment is their new home. I'll tell the Chief 'bout the breach, but also need to sort out the houseguest.'
"Scour the place for Fallen leftovers, for starters - make sure there aren't any other dangerous things left behind that will cause trouble in the future, and of course secure anything of value, whether monetary or evidentiary. And, naturally, get a better view of the local, er, cartography. Make a few notes as to how we might best employ Toby's interior chambers for laboratories, workshops, dojos, and so on."
He arched an eyebrow, "The Chief is an expert on spirits, but... I suppose I could try to have a chat with the guy. Is it large? Hostile?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:49 pm

Anja wrote:"The Dreamer I was sent to kill, not the only Dreamer in existence."
The Banshee rplied as she moved a little closer.

Serge did his best to ignore the word 'sent' and the implications it held. "I recall there was a time where you inspired Dreamers rather than feasted on them."

Anja wrote:"It is a place...of wonder I...a castle...no I am fond of nothing I want to consume you...I must eat to exist."
The undead Fae said as she followed you, but at some distance due to the wards. You heard the creaking as the old, dead tree walked across the playground.
"Where are you going little dreamer?"
She asked in that rustling voice as she moved.

"Where else?" Serge said as he stopped in front of the swing set. He took a seat on the swing, his feet easily still touching the ground. He slowly rocked back and forth as he talk.

"You claim you have to eat Dreamers to exist. That wasn't always the case right? Do you remember your life before your death?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:03 am

Serge did his best to ignore the word 'sent' and the implications it held. "I recall there was a time where you inspired Dreamers rather than feasted on them."

"I...I..."
The Banshee begun then the three shook it's head.
"No they are food...to avoid m ending up in Oblivion...though prhaps swt Oblivion would be better...no no...hav to feed."

"You claim you have to eat Dreamers to exist. That wasn't always the case right? Do you remember your life before your death?"

"I...my father would take me to visit his brother the Duke...he would bouc me o his kees ad tell me stories of...brave kights and valiat magic users...ucle Tarliv would teach me to fight with a sword...endless hours trainig in the sulight gardens of the Duke's estate...we would eat together in the evenings...I...would see the Chimra play in...no...I am dead...it is all go all that remains is hunger and loss. I am worse tha an Autumn prson I am just hunger...and you look so tasty."
Wilda stepped forwards the she stopped.
"A fair artist...creatig dreams...I..."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:21 am

Anja wrote:"I...I..."
The Banshee begun then the three shook it's head.
"No they are food...to avoid m ending up in Oblivion...though prhaps swt Oblivion would be better...no no...hav to feed."
Anja wrote:"I...my father would take me to visit his brother the Duke...he would bounced me on his knees and tell me stories of...brave knights and valiant magic users...uncle Tarliv would teach me to fight with a sword...endless hours training in the sunlight gardens of the Duke's estate...we would eat together in the evenings...I...would see the Chimera play in...no...I am dead...it is all gone all that remains is hunger and loss. I am worse that an Autumn person I am just hunger...and you look so tasty."
Wilda stepped forwards the she stopped.
"A fair artist...creating dreams...I..."
She muttered.

"Knights and mages. So much potential in just those two small character archetypes. An infinite amount of dreams and stories simply tied to those two concepts. What a wonderous thing isn't it?" Serge said, ignoring the tree's hunger-fueled mutterings. "You claim that what you once had was gone. I don't think that's true. You still remember it after all. Memories can be just as powerful as dreams. They carry strong emotions and meanings."

Serge paused a bit to swing a little bit more. What he said was true. Memories are what he needed from the fae. What better reminder could there be, after all, than ones own memories from a happier time. "How did you fight? With your sword I mean. Did you strike hard and fast? Or were you fluid and dexterous, like a dancer in the middle of the battlefield?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:04 am

Warp's Post:

'I don't know about who could donate for me... he wouldn't tell me, like. As for immunity... I'm not sure. Hard to pin down proof of that in a world lacking infectious disease epidemics. Though when I thought of it, none of us ever had even a cold as kids.' making a little gesture with her hands, one still holding the empty glass. 'Also explains why the hell if was so difficult for me to get the gene therapy.'

Warp's Post:

'What, she gonna knock on our door "please sir, can I have my vampire back"?' she replied, sarcasm obvious.

Warp's Post:

'I remember my very first Dimensional lesson, like. That not all of them have been explored, that not all critters from them documented. That to never take anything for granted, to never assume predictability like we have in this one. For there's even weirder shit further out that we've never seen. Or more correctly... lived to tell others about.'

'The question is; how the fuck can you destroy such a... being? Any idea where it hides out? And communicate with it's people? Wait... what can it offer folks to make them want to be the redshirts?'

Warp's Post:

'No. Obedience will be seen to mean agreement, acceptance of their system. Resistance has to be seen, so others know they are not alone. I want it to be clear that when I kneel to them, it's 'cos they are using their power to force me to.'

Warp's Post:

A grumpy grunt to this.

Warp's Post:

'Fair enough... we never properly cleared the place. Assume Anna will be coming along?'

Warp's Post:

'She is large, though not hostile. At least, not immediate. Well, to me at least.' giving a little sigh, rubbing her forehead. 'You know why I think the rat picked my place. That fucking pigeon ain't the only one that knows... came came across couple pet rats in a cage who so wanted to be friends their owner noticed. I don't want this news to go further than it already has.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Knights and mages. So much potential in just those two small character archetypes. An infinite amount of dreams and stories simply tied to those two concepts. What a wonderous thing isn't it?" Serge said, ignoring the tree's hunger-fueled mutterings. "You claim that what you once had was gone. I don't think that's true. You still remember it after all. Memories can be just as powerful as dreams. They carry strong emotions and meanings."

"Memories yes...but there are no joy in those mmories just bitterness ad pain, to remember wat can never be again is more painful than to not remmbr at all."
The Banshee replied.
"I am truely lost and all that remain is pain and hunger."

Serge paused a bit to swing a little bit more. What he said was true. Memories are what he needed from the fae. What better reminder could there be, after all, than ones own memories from a happier time. "How did you fight? With your sword I mean. Did you strike hard and fast? Or were you fluid and dexterous, like a dancer in the middle of the battlefield?"

"I...both but I used a log sword ad shield...and I have always been...fast...I protected the Duke...protected the court I..."
The Banshee muttered and the tree lookd down.
"That is how...I died I gave my life so...they could live. I fought with honor and I...gave my life but I was nto allowed to rest...I became...bcame this thing..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Nicole wrote:'I don't know about who could donate for me... he wouldn't tell me, like. As for immunity... I'm not sure. Hard to pin down proof of that in a world lacking infectious disease epidemics. Though when I thought of it, none of us ever had even a cold as kids.' making a little gesture with her hands, one still holding the empty glass. 'Also explains why the hell if was so difficult for me to get the gene therapy.'
Colin pondered, "Well, I suppose in a crisis, you'd still be able to receive plasma, that's not typed, is it? Be short on blood cells, obviously, but low blood pressure wouldn't be the immediate problem..."

Nicole wrote:'What, she gonna knock on our door "please sir, can I have my vampire back"?' she replied, sarcasm obvious.
He grinned wryly, "Love makes people do some very stupid things... but essentially, yes."

Nicole wrote:'I remember my very first Dimensional lesson, like. That not all of them have been explored, that not all critters from them documented. That to never take anything for granted, to never assume predictability like we have in this one. For there's even weirder shit further out that we've never seen. Or more correctly... lived to tell others about.'

'The question is; how the fuck can you destroy such a... being? Any idea where it hides out? And communicate with it's people? Wait... what can it offer folks to make them want to be the redshirts?'
He frowned, "I don't know how - not yet... Right now, it's a matter of throwing everything at him until he stops coming back. We'll eventually find something that sticks. And I doubt all his, hm, redshirts are entirely enthusiastic about the job."

Nicole wrote:'No. Obedience will be seen to mean agreement, acceptance of their system. Resistance has to be seen, so others know they are not alone. I want it to be clear that when I kneel to them, it's 'cos they are using their power to force me to.'
He smiled thinly, "Done right, malicious compliance will indeed be seen, there just won't be anything to justify a reaction, it's rather the point of the exercise. The trick is to make sure there's nothing they can get you for."

Nicole wrote:'Fair enough... we never properly cleared the place. Assume Anna will be coming along?'
He nodded, "If she's up to it. The raid was a bit of a strain on her... but she seems to be recovering nicely."

Nicole wrote:'She is large, though not hostile. At least, not immediate. Well, to me at least.' giving a little sigh, rubbing her forehead. 'You know why I think the rat picked my place. That fucking pigeon ain't the only one that knows... came came across couple pet rats in a cage who so wanted to be friends their owner noticed. I don't want this news to go further than it already has.'
He looked at Nicole with an amused expression, "Well... it might be that, or your apartment just looks like a rat's nest with food and belongings stashed on every approximately flat surface... and if it's any consolation, lots of people just have an affinity for animals, often quite specific species thereof - dog persons, cat persons, snake persons, and so on. Just being someone rats take a liking to doesn't have to be conspicuous, but you might be able to explain it away with having just handled rat trap bait or somesuch excuse."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Anja wrote:"Memories yes...but there are no joy in those memories just bitterness ad pain, to remember wat can never be again is more painful than to not remember at all."
The Banshee replied.
"I am truly lost and all that remain is pain and hunger."

"What can never be? I'm not sure about that. That's the thing with dreams after all. Anything is possible. You may feel lost now, but I'm sure you'll find your way back. However, in order to do so you'll have to remember what your destination was to begin with."

Anja wrote:"I...both but I used a long sword ad shield...and I have always been...fast...I protected the Duke...protected the court I..."
The Banshee muttered and the tree lookd down.
"That is how...I died I gave my life so...they could live. I fought with honor and I...gave my life but I was nto allowed to rest...I became...became this thing..."

Serge nodded solemnly, knowing full well how the banshee's story had ended. "I've heard tales of your legendary deeds. You were a hero. And you did what many others wouldn't be able to do. You didn't deserve the fate that the world gave to you. I'd like to give you a new one. One more deserving of an honorable warrior such as yourself."

Serge stopped swinging and look off to the side, scanning the ground searching for two large sticks. "You enjoyed swordplay right? Some people view as a sort of artform."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:29 am

What can never be? I'm not sure about that. That's the thing with dreams after all. Anything is possible. You may feel lost now, but I'm sure you'll find your way back. However, in order to do so you'll have to remember what your destination was to begin with."

"I did not hav a destination...I was happy, I had a purpose, and wondr and friends ad family...I was happy to die for them, but now I am a horor and all is darkness."
The Banshee said sadly.

Serge nodded solemnly, knowing full well how the banshee's story had ended. "I've heard tales of your legendary deeds. You were a hero. And you did what many others wouldn't be able to do. You didn't deserve the fate that the world gave to you. I'd like to give you a new one. One more deserving of an honorable warrior such as yourself."

"I...it is not an unusual story, a noble warrior is cursed...I would like a new tale."
Wilda said softly and she stopped advancing.
"I protected them...protected them all....can...can you help me? How would that even be possible?"

erge stopped swinging and look off to the side, scanning the ground searching for two large sticks. "You enjoyed swordplay right? Some people view as a sort of artform."

"Yes...oh yes it was art, it had a practical purpose as well but it was defintively art."
The Banshee said and she now looked like the beautiful pricess with the withered arm again rathr than a dead tree.
"Ad my path was reaching for perfection, a perfection that could never be reached but that was not the point...imporovement was the goal."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next