Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:16 am

[After lunch Meeting with the Admiral]

Colin smiled thinly, "Indeed, and who knows which path I will end up taking? ...No spoilers, please, even if you do know."

"There is nothing set in stone, you can choose my friend, though there are some indicators."
Dalisee replied softly.

He smiled, "Unless we meet in the Umbra before then, it's a possibility. Well, assuming I succeed in cleaning up that explorer..."

"That would be lovely Colin I can show you some interesting areas of the deep to explore."
The strange, fish like woman replied warmly.

He shrugged, "Residing in the Umbra, bound to her ship like that, does serve to extend one's lifespan."

"Well many of us use life extension methods but even so fee mages choose to extend their lives beyond a few centuries, thought it is completely possible to do so."
Helena said.
"I do not know what I will do when I get to that point, though I have started to prepare my own, personal Longevity potion so yeah."

He nodded, "Just checking. Now, good chap... I do hope you speak English or Latin, it would prevent... unpleasantness. On your part."

"I speak both, but I have nothing to say to you."
The prisoner said simply regarding you with open hostility in his eyes.
"So if you are going to torture me just get going with it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Spy, A Dark Alliance and a Trial IC Thread 59

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:42 pm

Anja wrote:"There is nothing set in stone, you can choose my friend, though there are some indicators."
Dalisee replied softly.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, we shall see if I survive that long... If I... well, no matter for now. I have time to try to make contingencies yet."

Anja wrote:"That would be lovely Colin I can show you some interesting areas of the deep to explore."
The strange, fish like woman replied warmly.
He grinned, "Serge will absolutely love you, I think. He's a fine young man, quite the artist. I might well bring him on such an expedition."

Anja wrote:"Well many of us use life extension methods but even so fee mages choose to extend their lives beyond a few centuries, thought it is completely possible to do so."
Helena said.
"I do not know what I will do when I get to that point, though I have started to prepare my own, personal Longevity potion so yeah."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Just keep in mind that immortality - true immortality - isn't about living forever, it's about what you do with the time you have. The legacy you leave behind - your apprentices, your great works - will matter more than just continuing. Hum... Lady Crexia might have a different perspective on the matter, of course. But I do see why few Mages stay on much past five or six centuries."

Anja wrote:"I speak both, but I have nothing to say to you."
The prisoner said simply regarding you with open hostility in his eyes.
"So if you are going to torture me just get going with it."
He shook his head, "I have no interest in torture. I don't believe in it as a reliable means of extracting information, anyway. No, what I am going to offer you in exchange for your information is a quick, painless death. You see, I am rather familiar with these polyps creatures, perhaps more than most Traditionalists, and, hm... have you ever seen them eat? It's not a pleasant sight, and the crunching sounds are even worse. So the question is, would you prefer to not be eaten while you're still alive? I'm quite sure the ship will savour its meal, starting with your hands and feet."

((OOC: So... Manipulation + Intimidate, I guess? 4,4,5,6,9 for starters...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:45 pm

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:"Very well poke the door with the key but do not go in before we talk about anyone because we need to be on our best behavior here before Kyle's trial is done so his Cabalmate's behavior can not be used against him however just testing the key should not be a problem, you do that and I will go talk with the staff."
Amadeus said, glancing at the little key again and then patting Serge on the shoulder, that the Cultist had spoken to a long dead Master Seer did nto make him bat a single blond eyelash.

"Gotcha. Hooray for teamwork!" Serge said with breaking off from Master Nassa and heading towards the door, key in hand.

He wasn't sure if his guess would work but it wasn't out of the realm of magickal possibility for the key to cause the door to lead somewhere other than the staff room. Salkonias was a Master of the Arts after all.

Once he got to the door he would first look for a keyhole. If there wasn't any he would simply poke the door using the fancy Cult of Ecstasy Key.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:11 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Think the crowd more like, wanted you to big up the general ideas, p'haps do a bit of trash-talk on the folks outside...' she began, keeping one half an eye on the retreating kid while projecting a casual demeanour. As soon as she felt out of range, said demeanor shifted, glanced at Lucine, spat out 'Explain to him' and darted off even before she got a reply. Target; security booth. As she ran, she pulled out her cell; made a moment's hesitation to who best to contact, selected the Chief. And by voice; time was of the essance and she needed to rally the forces - so hit his number to call...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:41 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, we shall see if I survive that long... If I... well, no matter for now. I have time to try to make contingencies yet."

"Not...exactly as you are now but...well no free will rules you make your own future."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"And even if I want to warn you my friend, I can not forgive me."
She said sadly and looked down.

He grinned, "Serge will absolutely love you, I think. He's a fine young man, quite the artist. I might well bring him on such an expedition."

"I would like to meet your friend...actually I have a gift for him then."
Dalisse said and she lifted one finger to ask for a moment and rushed to a desk made of bone and rummaged around there for a moment and came back with something wrapped in black silk.
"Here this is for your friend."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Just keep in mind that immortality - true immortality - isn't about living forever, it's about what you do with the time you have. The legacy you leave behind - your apprentices, your great works - will matter more than just continuing. Hum... Lady Crexia might have a different perspective on the matter, of course. But I do see why few Mages stay on much past five or six centuries."

"I would like to say I am not afraid to die, but it would be a lie, I do not want to die and at the moment just shy of fifty I can not imagine stopping using Longevity Potions. I am willing to die in the line of duty though, and I hope that if the time come it will be with a bang for something that matter and I hope my students and friends will remember me well."
Helena said with a slight smile.
"My hope that when my time comes I can say...damn that was worth it."

He shook his head, "I have no interest in torture. I don't believe in it as a reliable means of extracting information, anyway. No, what I am going to offer you in exchange for your information is a quick, painless death. You see, I am rather familiar with these polyps creatures, perhaps more than most Traditionalists, and, hm... have you ever seen them eat? It's not a pleasant sight, and the crunching sounds are even worse. So the question is, would you prefer to not be eaten while you're still alive? I'm quite sure the ship will savour its meal, starting with your hands and feet."

"Ah yes you are not inclined to torture but are inclined to let someone suffer as they die, then again torture is not practical to get information while watching someone suffer can be...fun. However as generous as your offer might be I am not willing to betray my cause, there are worse things than a painful death, and being eaten alive by a giant polyp is not the worse as deaths go either."
The prisoner said with a shrug.

[TimeStop Labs]

Think the crowd more like, wanted you to big up the general ideas, p'haps do a bit of trash-talk on the folks outside...' she began, keeping one half an eye on the retreating kid while projecting a casual demeanour.

Baynes blinked a few times.
"Who would not want to know about the wonders of joints?"
He asked sounding confused.
"There will be more of that at my talk...I mean you like joints don't you Nick? One could not move without them."

As soon as she felt out of range, said demeanor shifted, glanced at Lucine, spat out 'Explain to him' and darted off even before she got a reply. Target; security booth. As she ran, she pulled out her cell; made a moment's hesitation to who best to contact, selected the Chief. And by voice; time was of the essance and she needed to rally the forces - so hit his number to call...

Lucine took over to explain things to Baynes as you ran. Jeffry took the call quickly.
"Miss Bouchard it is me."
He said in greeting as you pushed though the milling crowd to get to the security office.

Gotcha. Hooray for teamwork!" Serge said with breaking off from Master Nassa and heading towards the door, key in hand.

The old mage gave you a thumbs up before heading off to find some staff.

He wasn't sure if his guess would work but it wasn't out of the realm of magickal possibility for the key to cause the door to lead somewhere other than the staff room. Salkonias was a Master of the Arts after all.

Once he got to the door he would first look for a keyhole. If there wasn't any he would simply poke the door using the fancy Cult of Ecstasy Key.

The key did not fit, the door was not even locked and it was easy to open, the scent of a basement, detergent and other things you might find in storage could be smelt from the set of stairs behind the doors. Amadeus returned with a young woman in a long, yellow dress, sunflowers in her hair and a bright smile, her skin was as dark brown as human skin got, her hair was short, black and curly with some dyed bright yellow bits and she had on a big, bright colored yellow and brass necklace and numerous bracelets.
"Hello, Master Nassa say you need to get into the basement."
The woman said, you saw a Cult of Ecstasy ring on her finger.
"I am Flora Chuol bani Cult of Ecstasy I am the curator of this museum, how can I help you kid?"
Fora held out a long, thin hand with several other large ring in addition to her lily ring.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:48 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Not the kind of thing that can be covered in five mins?' she hazarded, most of her mind planning her next moves.

Anja's Post:

'Enemy who attacked ship ID'd as Jodi Blake. That mean something to you?' she replied, the urgency clear in her voice.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:09 pm

Anja wrote:"Not...exactly as you are now but...well no free will rules you make your own future."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"And even if I want to warn you my friend, I can not forgive me."
She said sadly and looked down.
Colin nodded, "There's a fine line between what I should and should not be forewarned of... So long as I get just enough information to help ensure there will be a better future for everyone, the details of what will happen to me are... superfluous. I have some idea of what might happen, either I make it out of the polyp on that future day, or I don't... and the path I might take if I live will likely be one never before trod."

Anja wrote:"I would like to meet your friend...actually I have a gift for him then."
Dalisse said and she lifted one finger to ask for a moment and rushed to a desk made of bone and rummaged around there for a moment and came back with something wrapped in black silk.
"Here this is for your friend."
He arched an eyebrow, accepting the package and carefully slipping it into a pocket, "I'm sure he will be most appreciative... I won't peek, but mind if I ask what it is?"

Anja wrote:"I would like to say I am not afraid to die, but it would be a lie, I do not want to die and at the moment just shy of fifty I can not imagine stopping using Longevity Potions. I am willing to die in the line of duty though, and I hope that if the time come it will be with a bang for something that matter and I hope my students and friends will remember me well."
Helena said with a slight smile.
"My hope that when my time comes I can say...damn that was worth it."
He nodded, giving Helena a faint grin, "A healthy attitude. I'm not afraid of death, but old Bill Door will just have to wait in line, I have a number of things to finish up before I go with him... and yes, when the time comes, I think he'd appreciate seeing you feel accomplished after a good, long life. Well, I may be anthropomorphising..."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes you are not inclined to torture but are inclined to let someone suffer as they die, then again torture is not practical to get information while watching someone suffer can be...fun. However as generous as your offer might be I am not willing to betray my cause, there are worse things than a painful death, and being eaten alive by a giant polyp is not the worse as deaths go either."
The prisoner said with a shrug.
He tilted his head, "Hm, if you won't speak, I guess I shall just have to drag the information out of your past, then. Pity I left Rust's staff back in Boston, it would have been useful... but I can make do without it."
He smiled darkly, "I don't suppose you've heard of that chap? Slightly unstuck in time, fond of tormenting people with imminent future timelines? I quite enthusiastically bludgeoned him to death and fed him to my Labyrinth. Old Man Wrinkle let me keep the staff as a trophy and a tool afterwards. I suppose you might have heard of the fate of two Labyrinths in Boston and one in Chicago over the past couple of months?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm

Colin nodded, "There's a fine line between what I should and should not be forewarned of... So long as I get just enough information to help ensure there will be a better future for everyone, the details of what will happen to me are... superfluous. I have some idea of what might happen, either I make it out of the polyp on that future day, or I don't... and the path I might take if I live will likely be one never before trod."

"I can not speak of what might come after the battle twenty years from now. I do not know much and I have been sworn to silence with what I do know."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"I wish I could say more."

He arched an eyebrow, accepting the package and carefully slipping it into a pocket, "I'm sure he will be most appreciative... I won't peek, but mind if I ask what it is?"

"They are colors, paints and inks, colors of the deep."
Dalisse said.
"You can look at them, it is not secret but I thought your friend might like them."

He nodded, giving Helena a faint grin, "A healthy attitude. I'm not afraid of death, but old Bill Door will just have to wait in line, I have a number of things to finish up before I go with him... and yes, when the time comes, I think he'd appreciate seeing you feel accomplished after a good, long life. Well, I may be anthropomorphising..."

"Well there are spirits of death, however that being said at the moment I can not imagine ever not wanting more life even if I am willing to die for my loved ones and in the line of duty. However I am not sure I would accept being indestructible as Lady Crexia, Longevity potions stop aging, in theory you could live forever and never age but if one ever tire of life one can just stop taking the potions."
Helena replied.

He tilted his head, "Hm, if you won't speak, I guess I shall just have to drag the information out of your past, then. Pity I left Rust's staff back in Boston, it would have been useful... but I can make do without it."
He smiled darkly, "I don't suppose you've heard of that chap? Slightly unstuck in time, fond of tormenting people with imminent future timelines? I quite enthusiastically bludgeoned him to death and fed him to my Labyrinth. Old Man Wrinkle let me keep the staff as a trophy and a tool afterwards. I suppose you might have heard of the fate of two Labyrinths in Boston and one in Chicago over the past couple of months?"

"Oh dearie me, dearie me I have never heard about seeing into the future or the past and never thought to set up wards."
The prisoner said in mock dismay.
"I have heard the name and I am like real impressed, real impressed...so I guess get to it then work your time magick...no procrastination with time."
The prisoner said glancing up at you.
"So you expect me to betray all I believe in because you present an impressive resume?"

[TimeStop Labs]

'Not the kind of thing that can be covered in five mins?' she hazarded, most of her mind planning her next moves.

"Time is just a concept."
Baynes chirped happy as a clam.
"But yes the presentation will take more than five minutes.

Enemy who attacked ship ID'd as Jodi Blake. That mean something to you?' she replied, the urgency clear in her voice.

"I means I am suprised we are not dead if that is right...Jodi Blake is a powerful Nephanda, she was a scurge at the birth of the Traditions and was one of them who collected Infernalists to make the early Nephandi...who told you this name?"
Jeffry asked suddenly soundign alarmed.
"Are you safe? Should I head in your direction?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:35 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'A Fallen spy who's trying to leave TimeStop told me.' she replied, continuing to make her way to the security booth. 'Make the calls you need to; am raising the alarm on my end.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:57 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

A Fallen spy who's trying to leave TimeStop told me.' she replied, continuing to make her way to the security booth. 'Make the calls you need to; am raising the alarm on my end.'

"Understood, I will make the necessary calls and come assist you, take it from here but be careful."
Jeffry said simply and efficient, he wanted for you to say anything else if you had more to say then he ended the call.

You got to a small room marked Security, there was a antechamber with a glass booth where a young man in Ethernaut uniform said, probably hired in his the Ethernaut's had the most military structure and training among the Sons of Ether.
"May I aid you Scientist?"
He said when he saw you coming towards the security office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:25 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

Nicole ended the call without hesitation; she had things to do and didn't really care what toes she trod on to achieve it. Gave a little smile on seeing the uniform; at least she'd face a little less resistance...

Anja's Post:

'Yes. Need to speak to who's in charge; we have a Fallen spy on-site.' she replied firmly, doing her best in using her "I know what I'm doing/saying so go along with it" demeanour and to convey urgency.

[After the receptionist debacle before, I'll spell it out; attempt a Leadership/Persuasion roll so the guy at least gets the message that a) 'this is way beyond my paygrade' and b) 'if I act a jobsworth on this I might get in serious trouble' and simply calls for his superior.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:45 pm

Anja wrote:The key did not fit, the door was not even locked and it was easy to open, the scent of a basement, detergent and other things you might find in storage could be smelt from the set of stairs behind the doors. Amadeus returned with a young woman in a long, yellow dress, sunflowers in her hair and a bright smile, her skin was as dark brown as human skin got, her hair was short, black and curly with some dyed bright yellow bits and she had on a big, bright colored yellow and brass necklace and numerous bracelets.
"Hello, Master Nassa say you need to get into the basement."
The woman said, you saw a Cult of Ecstasy ring on her finger.
"I am Flora Chuol bani Cult of Ecstasy I am the curator of this museum, how can I help you kid?"
Fora held out a long, thin hand with several other large ring in addition to her lily ring.

"Hello. My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said shaking the women's hand when it was offered to him. "It's a bit of a long story. You see my friend is a pretty accomplished seer. He gets visions and prophecies of the future and I try my best to help him fulfill them. His latest prophecy said that I would find ancient wisdom in the 'intersection between two stars' and well..."

Serge stepped back and gestured to the staff door that was in between the murals of the twin suns. "I think this is a pretty solid guess. My Seer friend also gave me this key to help solve the prophecy. Apparently it's pretty ancient. Do you know if you have any locked items or doors in the staff room that you've been unable to open? From what I understand this museum used to be the old home of Arkites Salkonias. Any ancient wisdom found here would likely be a great boon for the museum."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:58 pm

Anja wrote:"I can not speak of what might come after the battle twenty years from now. I do not know much and I have been sworn to silence with what I do know."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"I wish I could say more."
Colin shook his head, "It's alright, I don't really want to know... Fate is what we make of it, a matter of cause and effect. If giving me a warning lets me live, but costs us Concordia, then I would rather have no hint at all."

Anja wrote:"They are colors, paints and inks, colors of the deep."
Dalisse said.
"You can look at them, it is not secret but I thought your friend might like them."
He arched an eyebrow, then chuckled, "Colours out of space, hmm? Oh, he will be quite giddy, I believe - he is quite the enthusiastic kid like that."

Anja wrote:"Oh dearie me, dearie me I have never heard about seeing into the future or the past and never thought to set up wards."
The prisoner said in mock dismay.
"I have heard the name and I am like real impressed, real impressed...so I guess get to it then work your time magick...no procrastination with time."
The prisoner said glancing up at you.
"So you expect me to betray all I believe in because you present an impressive resume?"
He smiled icily, "So you do have scrywards, thank you for confirming that. And of course I don't expect you to do anything helpful, that's hardly in the nature of the... enthusiastically Fallen. It would have been convenient if you had wanted to spare yourself the discomfort at the end, though."
He fished out his notepad and pen, "Well, then, point in procrastinating... hum, layer the funnel around the scrying, adding fuel to the probe... yes, that should work just fine."
He drew up layered magical circles, the funnel around the temporal scrying on the Nephanus' timeline, tracing the man's timeline back to the last significant events to behold before his capture by Dalisse...

((OOC: So, using the Funnel to drain the triggered wards into powering the scrying, Time 2, Correspondence 2, Entropy 2, and Prime 3 to pick through everything while vacuuming up the protections? Arete rolls: 3,9,0 - 4,9,0 - 3,4,9 - 1,7,9 (eeesh, close...) - 6,8,0... taking some time here, is that enough to get a solid bit of intel without getting molested by the wards?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:15 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

'Yes. Need to speak to who's in charge; we have a Fallen spy on-site.' she replied firmly, doing her best in using her "I know what I'm doing/saying so go along with it" demeanour and to convey urgency.

"Claiming someone is Fallen is a serious charge Scientist? I assume you have proof."
The guard asked.
"Where is this person, we will seek him out, detain him and have a talk with him and see what his story is."
He said giving you a look that said that if you could not back this up there would be problems.
"Can you give me a description of this person?"

Hello. My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said shaking the women's hand when it was offered to him. "It's a bit of a long story. You see my friend is a pretty accomplished seer. He gets visions and prophecies of the future and I try my best to help him fulfill them. His latest prophecy said that I would find ancient wisdom in the 'intersection between two stars' and well..."

Serge stepped back and gestured to the staff door that was in between the murals of the twin suns. "I think this is a pretty solid guess. My Seer friend also gave me this key to help solve the prophecy. Apparently it's pretty ancient. Do you know if you have any locked items or doors in the staff room that you've been unable to open? From what I understand this museum used to be the old home of Arkites Salkonias. Any ancient wisdom found here would likely be a great boon for the museum."

"Actually that is correct, there is a room down in the basement which we have never been able to get open, so we just left it alone."
Flora said giving you a bit of a odd look.
"You are welcome to try your key, it is not so much we mind if someone go down into the basement, it is just not a part of the museum so it is a mess, here let me show you to the door in question."
The woman in the yellow dress turned on the light in the narrow staircase and headed down.
"This way gentlemen."

Colin shook his head, "It's alright, I don't really want to know... Fate is what we make of it, a matter of cause and effect. If giving me a warning lets me live, but costs us Concordia, then I would rather have no hint at all."

"You are a good man Mr Wainwright."
The admiral said slapping you on the shoulder before she continued into the Labyrinth.

He arched an eyebrow, then chuckled, "Colours out of space, hmm? Oh, he will be quite giddy, I believe - he is quite the enthusiastic kid like that."

"It pleases me to hear it. I hope he will enjoy them."
The Handler said with a bright smile.
"And yes colors of of space...though these paints and pigments are not dangerous though they might make you feel strange to look at since they would be quite alien to you."

He smiled icily, "So you do have scrywards, thank you for confirming that. And of course I don't expect you to do anything helpful, that's hardly in the nature of the... enthusiastically Fallen. It would have been convenient if you had wanted to spare yourself the discomfort at the end, though."

"Ah yes well played well played you got me talking I guess this conversation is at an end then."
The Nephandus said with a shrug.

He fished out his notepad and pen, "Well, then, point in procrastinating... hum, layer the funnel around the scrying, adding fuel to the probe... yes, that should work just fine."
He drew up layered magical circles, the funnel around the temporal scrying on the Nephanus' timeline, tracing the man's timeline back to the last significant events to behold before his capture by Dalisse...

The wards felt strange and you got a sense of vertigo as it fought against your effect, it took considerable effort but after a while you think you almost got it.

(OOC: I will up the diff since the ward was cast on Earth but Colin is almost there but the wards are being stubborn.)

(OOC 2: Again the receptionist did nothing wrong, she reacted naturally to a random stranger making strange demands with no explanation what so ever, not everyone will be intimidated by a Karen being pulled on them. But yes the security guard are thinking it is better to detain the suspect and then sort things out than trying to figure out proof at the moment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:34 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

A tiny hesitation, giving the guard the look of "I'm totally serious here".  'Okay, call your boss, and I'll call to get the suspect's details. Got someone following them now.' readying with her phone to call Lucine. She'd been in Detroit a lot longer than she had been; would be more likely to know the kid's details.

[Whether she did the 'right thing' or not does not really matter; my point was that it wasn't particulary helpful in an emergency situation.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 am

[TimeStop Labs]

A tiny hesitation, giving the guard the look of "I'm totally serious here". 'Okay, call your boss, and I'll call to get the suspect's details. Got someone following them now.' readying with her phone to call Lucine. She'd been in Detroit a lot longer than she had been; would be more likely to know the kid's details.

The guard nodded he grabbed a walkie talkie and spoke into it.
"Sir we might have a problem here you better get to the security office."
Then he waved for two other Etherites in the uniforms of the Ethernauts, a young woman with a blond bun and a older man.
"Tell Cadet Lindenberg and Officer Joles where the suspect is and they will assist you."
The guard replied.
"I am Alex Corvax just so you know Scientist."

Lucine picked up.
"Yes it is me Nick what do you need? Our friend you where talking with?"
She guess.
"They are Yoo Donghyun of Chantry...ehm...oh fuck where do they live...ah yes Rosegarten of Detroit."
The other Etherite spilled out information quickly taking a guess at what you needed.

(OOC: No off course not, was was given a strange request with no context. It is like this if someone knock on my door and say hey can I have the neighbor's front door key I will say no and if they try to intimidate me I will just get annoyed. If they explain they saw the neighbor collapse though the floor through the window so they want to check on them and asks me to call an ambulance then they can have the key. That someone do not blindly obey with no explanation is not a fault on their part no matter if they are useful or not.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:09 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' she replied, ending the call without the pleasantries - they'd understand that it was an important situation. Quickly then hammered out a text, asking if Carlos was still on their tail and if so, where...

Anja's Post:

'That was quick.' she quipped, giving the pair a relieved nod and one of thanks to the first guard. 'Name's Bouchard. Okay, suspect's name is Yu Donghyun, Asian male 'bout twentyish, kinda lanky, dressed casually. Waiting for location now.' gesturing with her phone.

[Yet Nick saw the future; spending the best bit of ten mins explaining/cajoling the over-mighty receptionist and then to have to do the same damn thing again with someone who could actually do something (if lucky). And the request was not that 'strange' (please call security), though even Nick would accept she lacks the middle-class 'soft soap skills' which would have worked better. Though slightly amusingly, Nick falls into the American 'angry black woman' stereotype; loud, aggressive, rude, poor-mannered and overly 'masculine'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

'Thanks.' she replied, ending the call without the pleasantries - they'd understand that it was an important situation. Quickly then hammered out a text, asking if Carlos was still on their tail and if so, where...

"I am not him...we are on our way to the portal room, we are being delayed by a bull load of tourists...will not keep him for long."
You got back from Carlos.

'That was quick.' she quipped, giving the pair a relieved nod and one of thanks to the first guard.

"We are professional Scientist."
The main guard said simply as the other gave you quick nods of greeting.

Name's Bouchard. Okay, suspect's name is Yu Donghyun, Asian male 'bout twentyish, kinda lanky, dressed casually. Waiting for location now.' gesturing with her phone.

The guard nodded and gave this information to his boss he was on the phone with.
"Then go with my officers here please Scientist Bouchard and apprehend the suspect, preferably with no damage to the building or any bystanders, my superior officer is on his way."
He said with a nod to the two others.
"You do not need to put yourself in danger but it would be practical if you can point the suspect out to my officers."

(OOC: The receptionist was not over mighty, she did her job as she was supposed to and did nto put guards on a patient with no explanation what so ever, which is reasonable. It was never about ten minutes of explanation when Colin stepped in he gave two sentences of context and she immediately called for security, she also politely asked for an explanation multiple times until Nicole started being rude and she eventually lost her patience. The request was not please call security the request was put security on that badly injured patient with no context what so ever which is indeed a strange request. But yeah it is not that the character is rough around the edges which is a problem, that is well played.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Anja wrote:"You are a good man Mr Wainwright."
The admiral said slapping you on the shoulder before she continued into the Labyrinth.
Colin sighed, "I try... Don't always succeed, but I try..."

Anja wrote:"It pleases me to hear it. I hope he will enjoy them."
The Handler said with a bright smile.
"And yes colors of of space...though these paints and pigments are not dangerous though they might make you feel strange to look at since they would be quite alien to you."
He nodded, then chuckled, "He uses his drawings to make hallucinatory wards for the Chantry, to distract and disorient intruders, these will be absolutely perfect."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes well played well played you got me talking I guess this conversation is at an end then."
The Nephandus said with a shrug.
He nodded, "You've declared your reluctance to simply tell us what we need to know, I fear a more... brute force approach is needed."

Anja wrote:The wards felt strange and you got a sense of vertigo as it fought against your effect, it took considerable effort but after a while you think you almost got it.
He frowned, "If it is any consolation, I commend your wardwork. Had I been rushed, I would have been chanceles, I think. As it is, though..."
He continued working meticulously, the nib of his pen tapping out further tallymarks along the edges of the circles...

((OOC: Couple more Arete rolls, then... 5,8,8 - 4,6,9. That enough?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:16 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'OK.' she texted back to Carlos, then turned her attention back to the more senior officer. 'Target is currently in a queue to teleport out. Wouldn't it be like, better to continue to follow them, see who they are going to report to?' her hunch telling her that a bigger fish was possible to be caught if they were clever about it...

[That is what Nick believed would happen, not me. I personally would say the woman was a bit lacklustre on their skills of reading the situation, but then again a lot of folks in 'gatekeeper' roles often are so it's fairly accurate.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:13 pm

Colin sighed, "I try... Don't always succeed, but I try..."

"Trying is what make you a good man."
Alexis said glancing back.
"We are human we are not perfect, all we can do is try."

He nodded, then chuckled, "He uses his drawings to make hallucinatory wards for the Chantry, to distract and disorient intruders, these will be absolutely perfect."

"Ah good I hope he will find these useful then."
Dalisse said happily.

He nodded, "You've declared your reluctance to simply tell us what we need to know, I fear a more... brute force approach is needed."

He frowned, "If it is any consolation, I commend your wardwork. Had I been rushed, I would have been chanceles, I think. As it is, though..."
He continued working meticulously, the nib of his pen tapping out further tallymarks along the edges of the circles...

It was not easy, you had to use some tricks Anna had taught you, but eventually you found the inner cords of the ward and broke it down and it shattered like a piece of glass. The Nephandus raised an eyebrow.

[TimeStop Labs]

OK.' she texted back to Carlos, then turned her attention back to the more senior officer. 'Target is currently in a queue to teleport out. Wouldn't it be like, better to continue to follow them, see who they are going to report to?' her hunch telling her that a bigger fish was possible to be caught if they were clever about it...

"I suspect they might just go to ground, that is what I would have done, but there is no time to discuss it, if you feel following the suspect is the right move do so you still have my officers at your disposal."
The senior guard replied. He clearly favored efficiency.
"You have the training Scientist...is there anything more you need, or where you thinking I should send someone to follow this person while you remain here?"

(OOC: Just barely, that final 9 did the trick. Which was the diff for this.)

(OOC 2: Nicole's reaction is understandable based on her character.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:57 pm

Anja wrote:"Actually that is correct, there is a room down in the basement which we have never been able to get open, so we just left it alone."
Flora said giving you a bit of a odd look.
"You are welcome to try your key, it is not so much we mind if someone go down into the basement, it is just not a part of the museum so it is a mess, here let me show you to the door in question."
The woman in the yellow dress turned on the light in the narrow staircase and headed down.
"This way gentlemen."

"Thank you so much." Serge said appreciatively as he followed Flora down the into the basement. "Ooooh this is exciting. What do you think we'll discover. The ancient wisdom held within an ancient mages old house. The story just writes itself doesn't it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:09 am

Anja wrote:"Ah good I hope he will find these useful then."
Dalisse said happily.
Colin grinned, "Useful and exciting, I suspect."

Anja wrote:It was not easy, you had to use some tricks Anna had taught you, but eventually you found the inner cords of the ward and broke it down and it shattered like a piece of glass. The Nephandus raised an eyebrow.
He carefully let the funnel suck up the remnants of the ward as he focused on the Nephandus' past events, "Hum, are you perchance familiar with a fellow called Gabriel, I believe he was second-in-command to Abigail, of that recent Chicago Labyrinth?"

((OOC: Was it an accident that you repeated Colin's comment about needing to use brute force?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:28 pm

Thank you so much." Serge said appreciatively as he followed Flora down the into the basement. "Ooooh this is exciting. What do you think we'll discover. The ancient wisdom held within an ancient mages old house. The story just writes itself doesn't it?"

"It is hard to know with the old Seer being who he was thought I suspect books on prophesies."
Flora said as she carefully lead the way down some steep steps and into an old basement. Most of the doors was marked as storage, a basement den for the employees, where soft TV sounds came from, and an laundry but there was one door, this one was original while the other doors was new. The old door was carved with lily motives, oak dark with age and there was a key hole hidden among all the carvings.
"Well this is it."
Flora said.
"You are welcome to see if your key fit young man, I admit to being rather curious myself, no matter how hard we have tried this door have remained locked. I can't wait to tell my mother about this...she is visiting from Earth."

Colin grinned, "Useful and exciting, I suspect."

Dalisse gave a soft smile to that.
"Well give your young Cabalmate my best from...he the strange fish lady."
She said with a bit of humor in her voice.

He carefully let the funnel suck up the remnants of the ward as he focused on the Nephandus' past events, "Hum, are you perchance familiar with a fellow called Gabriel, I believe he was second-in-command to Abigail, of that recent Chicago Labyrinth?"

The prisoner did not reply he would give you nothing more for free. You looked into his past, now when doing so there was seldom a clear movie from start to finish but more jumbled information. You saw a woman in 80's Goth clothes, the same you think your ship fought with, she was of remarkable beauty and she was talking with the prisoner. You also saw him and several others discussing a meeting among the Meajin Incarna and the danger of awakening the slumbering ones, also Aliara was skeptical about the whole affair as she had tried to take out Horizon before, got an agent in among Marianna of Balador's handmaidens and when this was discovered thing had not ended well. You did not get the impression this guy knew much but he had been part of a crew out to try to take down Dalisse and take her ship, the pretty Goth lady had someone who she think could be a Handler she wanted to supplant Dalisse with to get one more ship for her fleet. Also a strange vampire had been seen among pretty lady's troops and no one knew who he was only that he was unusually powerful and sadistic.

(OOC: It was an accident yes I was a bit tired yesterday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:47 pm

Anja wrote:Dalisse gave a soft smile to that.
"Well give your young Cabalmate my best from...he the strange fish lady."
She said with a bit of humor in her voice.
Colin grinned, "I will - and I will do my best to obfuscate your present location as I do."

Anja wrote:The prisoner did not reply he would give you nothing more for free. You looked into his past, now when doing so there was seldom a clear movie from start to finish but more jumbled information. You saw a woman in 80's Goth clothes, the same you think your ship fought with, she was of remarkable beauty and she was talking with the prisoner. You also saw him and several others discussing a meeting among the Meajin Incarna and the danger of awakening the slumbering ones, also Aliara was skeptical about the whole affair as she had tried to take out Horizon before, got an agent in among Marianna of Balador's handmaidens and when this was discovered thing had not ended well. You did not get the impression this guy knew much but he had been part of a crew out to try to take down Dalisse and take her ship, the pretty Goth lady had someone who she think could be a Handler she wanted to supplant Dalisse with to get one more ship for her fleet. Also a strange vampire had been seen among pretty lady's troops and no one knew who he was only that he was unusually powerful and sadistic.
His expression darkened, "Never mind the danger of the slumbering ones, this vampire sadist that's working with your boss... is he by any chance a doctor?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next