Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:58 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Ehm...I am sure she will but you know man, I don't really know your girlfriend and it feels a bit strange to discussing her in all of this details with a person I hardly know, are you sure she would appreciate this much...sharing?"
Carlos said looking a bit uncomfortable.
Colin thought for a moment, then nodded, "Hm, this much and no more, I think."

Anja wrote:"Yeah it would have been nice if Crusade got more seasons it had potential. As fr Babylon 5 itself I mean when my dad say it was one of the first shows he ever saw with a contentious story and not episode of the week based, I mean I guess that is easier to do now with DVDs and Streaming but when relying on catching a show on cable it would be allot harder for people to get every episode and if you missed one you would get completely out of the story so I get it was hard back then to do a show like that."
The kid said.
"But yeah it is a fun show, I am not a huge fan of the ending but it is fun."
He sighed, "Ah, yes... studio meddling in the last season. Well, last two seasons, really... That said, I rather hope the show receives a blu-ray remaster soon; the computer graphics have not fared altogether well in the transition from CRT screens..."

Anja wrote:"Let me see."
The young man rummaged around his stock.
"I have sky blue if that works but not sapphire blue, I can change the color for you no problem."
He grinned, "Excellent. I'll take that, then."

Anja wrote:"Ok ok...now that we can do, we have a bracelet here that can detect chemicals that warn of a seizure, as for actually reading brain waves that s hard to do as something worn on a wrist as most do not have their brains there. But we can make a headband or maybe a pair of earrings or a full on gaming headsets with extra features."
He offered.
"But just sensing seizures there are some sleeper tech that can do that so that is not a problem."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Hmm, a neon green headband, connected by wire or wirelessly to a small wrist-mounted display?"

((OOC: Freddy's got ear piercings, right? Suddenly, that detail eludes me entirely...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:22 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin thought for a moment, then nodded, "Hm, this much and no more, I think."

Carlos nodded.
"Yes...ehm...well enjoy the conference Mr Wainwright."
He said with a polite nod before leaving to do the same.

He sighed, "Ah, yes... studio meddling in the last season. Well, last two seasons, really... That said, I rather hope the show receives a blu-ray remaster soon; the computer graphics have not fared altogether well in the transition from CRT screens..."

"Yeah money getting in the way of art, I know."
The young man said with a sigh.
"But yeah a proper blu ray release would be awesome."
He added with a grin.

He grinned, "Excellent. I'll take that, then."

"Ok, excellent...so it was sapphire blue you wanted it right?"
The young man asked as he took a watch out of the box and found a small machine the begun setting up.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Hmm, a neon green headband, connected by wire or wirelessly to a small wrist-mounted display?"

"Yeah we can do that...it might be a couple of days to put it together but not a problem...what functions did you want on it? And we can do wireless that is more practical."

(OOC: She have plugs and probably a few cartilage piercings as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:26 pm

[Concorida]

Anja's Post:

'Which is whatyacallit... the crux of the issue. Faced with the promise you'd die outside of the boat, the boat-master can impose any conditions they bloody well like on you 'cos you can't leave it. A powerful argument... no?'

Anja's Post:

'If you can answer that for sure, Carlos; I will ask you to be my sponsor 'cos you are clearly my senior in Military Science.' Nicole replied, the sarcasm heavy. 'And what is the fucking point of calling it "Military Science" if I am not allowed to ask for evidence for statements to see if it's based in actual facts or just experience, rumour or gossip?' again feeling the sting that few, if any gave her field of study much respect once it got past the "killing things" part.

[Electronics Store]

Serge's Post:

'That 29 tera is all the moves, shows and documentries that Drydock had on their local network at the time I copied it for my own use. Lived off-base and didn't want to have to buy Nextflix and shit.'

Anja's Post:

'Then why is it a Chantry, then?' she quipped with a smirk, counting down with her fingers to give Serge the time to move off the platform. 'C'mon, name and location...'

[Think we can let the Concordia thread die now; because I think both of Nick's points are to some extent unanswerable.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:19 am

[Electronics Store]

Nicole wrote:'That 29 tera is all the moves, shows and documentries that Drydock had on their local network at the time I copied it for my own use. Lived off-base and didn't want to have to buy Netflix and shit.'

"That's quite the collection of stuff. My request still stands. Like to get a look at that when we get the chance back on Earth. There's probably loads cool stuff you have in there."

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:A pretty young woman with pigrails and the conference logo on her shirt came towards you.
"Welcome do you have a ticket or do you want to buy one?"
The girl asked.
"Are you well teleporting can be a bit jarring I know."
She asked with a big, winning smile, clearly she was the conference greeter.

"Kinda expected a 3, 2, 1 go situation. He just pressed the button." Serge said with a chuckle, "I'm pretty sure I need to buy a ticket. Do you sell them or do I have to go somewhere else?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:12 am

[Concorida]

'Which is whatyacallit... the crux of the issue. Faced with the promise you'd die outside of the boat, the boat-master can impose any conditions they bloody well like on you 'cos you can't leave it. A powerful argument... no?'

"I agree this is a problem, however unless you have a good way to resolve the Ascension War then it is the situation we have, and working for better leadership of the Traditions takes time Nick, you can not just say we should have no rotten bridges so let just just stomp all over them and fall into the ravine since they really should not be rotten, first you need to build those new bridges."
Carlos replied.

If you can answer that for sure, Carlos; I will ask you to be my sponsor 'cos you are clearly my senior in Military Science.' Nicole replied, the sarcasm heavy. 'And what is the fucking point of calling it "Military Science" if I am not allowed to ask for evidence for statements to see if it's based in actual facts or just experience, rumour or gossip?' again feeling the sting that few, if any gave her field of study much respect once it got past the "killing things" part.

"Some things are fairly common knowledge Nicole and I am happy to provide proof, just go down to the Paradigma's offices and as to see their recent archives, there was an article about this in the September issue. If a peer revived publication, that do cite sources by the way, is not enough for you then I am sure we can arrange an appointment for you with some of our security forces to ask them."
Carlos replied simply.
"You do not need to be an expert of military science to pick up on common knowledge Nicole or talk with those who are."

[Electronics Store]

'Then why is it a Chantry, then?' she quipped with a smirk, counting down with her fingers to give Serge the time to move off the platform. 'C'mon, name and location...'

"You know I am sure the Professor would have loved for it to be a ship but a Umbra ship big enough for permanent living would be to expensive so he settled for the next best thing, the name is Explorer 5 and it is located in Silicon Valley."
The clerk replied.

TimeStop Labs]

"Kinda expected a 3, 2, 1 go situation. He just pressed the button." Serge said with a chuckle,

"I mean it is efficient is it not."
The greeter said with a grin.

"I'm pretty sure I need to buy a ticket. Do you sell them or do I have to go somewhere else?"

"No I can sell you a ticket...one day pass? 15 dollars then, payable in Nerids or Earth currency or Tass, also would you like your ticket written out or can I just send it to your phone?"
The greeter said.

(OOC: Sure.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:05 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Yeah money getting in the way of art, I know."
"But yeah a proper blu ray release would be awesome."
He added with a grin.
Colin shrugged, "Not sure it was money, more likely it was the desire to show themselves as having power and being in control over the artists, as it were... a deplorably common trait in the boardroom-dwelling species."

Anja wrote:"Ok, excellent...so it was sapphire blue you wanted it right?"
The young man asked as he took a watch out of the box and found a small machine the begun setting up.
He nodded, then paused, making a quick gesture to pull light into an image of Anna's ephemeral scale, hovering over his hand, "On closer thought, since sapphires do come in a range, I should perhaps show you the exact shade I had in mind."

Anja wrote:"Yeah we can do that...it might be a couple of days to put it together but not a problem...what functions did you want on it? And we can do wireless that is more practical."
He thought for a moment, "I think a fairly simple set of functions would be preferable; a basic EEG scan, audiovisual alarm when activity goes outside the normal range - with toggles, in case some amount of stealth is needed - and a clock, of course. Hum, if it takes longer to complete than I have in Concordia this visit, would it be possible to ship Earthside, to Chantry Steelhaven Hall in Boston, Massachusetts?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:21 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin shrugged, "Not sure it was money, more likely it was the desire to show themselves as having power and being in control over the artists, as it were... a deplorably common trait in the boardroom-dwelling species."

"Yeah that might be it, in either case it really sucks, the show is great as it is and it have so much potential I wish it got the ending it deserved."
"Boardroom douchebags eh."

He nodded, then paused, making a quick gesture to pull light into an image of Anna's ephemeral scale, hovering over his hand, "On closer thought, since sapphires do come in a range, I should perhaps show you the exact shade I had in mind."

"Ah...so you want something to match the color of this scale? I can do that."
The young man said and he tapped at his tablet.
"Any other requests Sir?"

He thought for a moment, "I think a fairly simple set of functions would be preferable; a basic EEG scan, audiovisual alarm when activity goes outside the normal range - with toggles, in case some amount of stealth is needed - and a clock, of course. Hum, if it takes longer to complete than I have in Concordia this visit, would it be possible to ship Earthside, to Chantry Steelhaven Hall in Boston, Massachusetts?"

"Sure that is easy enough to do...ok listen this si what I can do for you I can get it delivered if you prefer but I can also make sure the wearable is ready by tomorrow evening if that is soon enough for you?"
The kid asked.
"And you wanted the headband and the watch in green right?"
He asked making notes on his tablet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:20 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'I see. Please name one major change in history which was done by asking politely, never threatening to walk and not pissing off those in charge.' Nicole replied, giving Carlos a "go on, smart-ass!" look. 'You have 'till the end of the conference to name it.'

Anja's Post:

'What, the Union's exact numbers, locations, resources, technological level and strategic goals? All "common knowledge"?' rolling her eyes. 'This is either Dunning-Kruger in effect or this "common knowledge" repeatedly missed me.'

[Electronics Store]

Serge's Post:

'Fair enough.' she replied, giving a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Bet that's a tough posting; no way the Union is gonna let control of that area slip from them.' Nicole replied, finishing her countdown and then moving onto the transporter pad.

[Okay, I'm assuming Carlos is simply giving his opinion re: Union and is not the Word Of God on the subject...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:33 am

[Concordia]

I see. Please name one major change in history which was done by asking politely, never threatening to walk and not pissing off those in charge.' Nicole replied, giving Carlos a "go on, smart-ass!" look. 'You have 'till the end of the conference to name it.'

"Not the point Nicole, like I said do you have an idea for how to resolve the Ascension War and you reply with what change have ever come from asking politely, that is not a reply. What change do you want? Do you just want to make noise, shout scream and for folks to run out of their Chantries in protest and die? How will that solve anything. We are in a situation where we need safety in numbers, that is our reality, do you want to change that? Ok so how will you change that? How will you either make sure we do not need numbers to survive or better the leadership? You are demanding folk risk their lives to stand up to the leadership and yet when I ask you for what then I get the reply name something that have changed by asking nicely. Sorry it do not work like that Nicole, first you need to know what change you fucking want before you can start the bloody revolution and no one is going to agree to be part of your change unless you have a plan for how they can be just as safe or safer than with the system we have now."
Carlos replied with a sigh.
"What you are saying here is the same as screaming I do not want to be on this rope bridge so I will just shout and scream and jump of to your doom, instead of making a plan for how to get to one side or the other, and that do not work done politely or not."

'What, the Union's exact numbers, locations, resources, technological level and strategic goals? All "common knowledge"?' rolling her eyes. 'This is either Dunning-Kruger in effect or this "common knowledge" repeatedly missed me.'

"Off course we do not have exact numbers, but we have a pretty good guesstimate about the raw might they can bring to bare, and likely if there is more rather than less. Now by all means scream we need revolution now and that we should all walk out and the Union is nothing to worry about, off course we do not need Chantries but I home very few are dumb enough not to look at the numbers and actually follow that advice and get themselves killed. Yes we need a change in how the Traditions are run, but we need to go about that in a smart way and not like three year olds having a hissy fit and that takes time."

[Electronics Store]

Bet that's a tough posting; no way the Union is gonna let control of that area slip from them.' Nicole replied, finishing her countdown and then moving onto the transporter pad.

"It is not a safe place to be a Traditionalist but we need strongholds like Explorer 5 to make sure the Union do not manage to clamp down on all tech, not unless we want all that is going to be left to using being fireballs and unicorns. For me it is not science that is the problem it is how the Union use it so I take the risk willingly, in fact I am going back home in about two months, I just came to Horizon for some extra instruction."
The clerk said with a shrug.
"My Chantry lost five guys last year but we gave as good as we got, and we managed to fund several sleeper inventors who make tech outside of the Union's control so it is worth it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:19 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah? What's their plan to resolve the war? Do they even have one?' Nicole retorted, clearly annoyed now. 'And you know roughly what I want; better treatment of members so less of them quit, improved cooperation between bases so we cannot be picked off one by one, better resource-bases so folks don't have to pay for everything themselves, better management so what we do have is used better and in general, less jerkassery from bosses. That ain't "three year olds having a hissy fit" but the difference is I am fully aware that all the bosses and jerkasses who have gotten fat under the old system will resist these changes until they are dead - including but not limited to constantly telling you that Mirrorshade snatch squads is on every street corner so you'd better sit down and shut the fuck up. We have too many fucking millstones who will prefer to sink the boat than surrender power.

I don't have a complete blueprint for how this is done because every base has different issues and so, different solutions. Also, I am not so damn arrogant in thinking I could make one. But my first step; for people to voice their disagreement in public is not a bad one; it tells others that they are not alone. Silence is not consent, but a lot of bosses think it is. Might even be that there's some leaders who do agree that change is needed, you never know. But one thing I've noticed is that it's the bad bosses who are the real three-year olds in the Traditions, but constantly giving them what they want seems to be official policy.'

'Please note my demands. I would not make these if the Union was "nothing to worry about". In fact, you insult me by implying that me, a gal who's made the science of war her job would think this. Holy crap!, if nothing else, I would be a person by default who would respect the power the Union has to squish those who they don't like. And military science is more than simply counting; it's working out shit like their current missions, capabilities and how quick they can redeploy.'

'But that's enough of that.' ending with a tired sigh, clearly emotionally spent on this.

[Think that's a fair 'Nicole's Manifesto', for both OOC and IC information. She is, in fact less radical or extreme as people think she is...]

[Electronics Store]

Anja's Post:

'Another "defective Technocrat", eh? There's more of us than folks like to assume.' Nicole quipped with a conspiratorial smirk, clearly suggesting she was one too. 'I'm getting culture shock here. Wondering if this is how old Mystics feel on the mudball.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:51 pm

[Concordia]

Yeah? What's their plan to resolve the war? Do they even have one?' Nicole retorted, clearly annoyed now.

"Train mages and keep us alive, growing our strength. Note the keeping us alive part of the plan Nicole, while it might not be a good plan yet to win the war, no one know how but at least we survive, something we will not do if we just run around with no plan and no organization."
Carlos said with a sigh.

'And you know roughly what I want; better treatment of members so less of them quit, improved cooperation between bases so we cannot be picked off one by one, better resource-bases so folks don't have to pay for everything themselves, better management so what we do have is used better and in general, less jerkassery from bosses.

"Ok great...so how will you achieve this? And more importantly if you get mages to abandon their Chantries and get killed of by the Union or the Nephandi, how will this result in these goals being being reached?"
The other Etherite challenged.

That ain't "three year olds having a hissy fit" but the difference is I am fully aware that all the bosses and jerkasses who have gotten fat under the old system will resist these changes until they are dead - including but not limited to constantly telling you that Mirrorshade snatch squads is on every street corner so you'd better sit down and shut the fuck up. We have too many fucking millstones who will prefer to sink the boat than surrender power.

"The goal is not Nicole but the method is. In my example the goal of getting of the rickety bridge is a sensible goal, just deciding you do not like the bridge so you jump off is not. Starting a civil war, which is what you advocate for here will not reach the collection of goals you just listed to me, it will lead to allot of deaths and little else. Like it or not Nicole the situation are complicated so just let us go straight to a bloody revolution without a plan for how to get to your goals, that do not make you a revolutionary it makes you a dangerous loose cannon. Also to be honest Nick while I do think it is time for a overhaul in the way the Traditions are run I do not think it is bad enough it is worth start killing and dying over. And remember that in this revolution of yours it will not be just the authority figures you dislike who die, it will be your Cabalmates, it will be your friends, it will be young apprentices is it worth that? And are you prepared for the cost? A civil war would mean we will loose ground in the Ascension War. Let us say you win, you manage to get enough traction and kill of the Maters, what then? Our most powerful leaders are dead, there will be countless dead on each side and the Traditions are in ruins, do you think this will lead to more resources bases so we do not have to pay for things ourselves, better treatment of the member of the Traditions and improved cooperation? Because to me that sound like a good way to hand victory to the other Factions."

I don't have a complete blueprint for how this is done because every base has different issues and so, different solutions. Also, I am not so damn arrogant in thinking I could make one. But my first step; for people to voice their disagreement in public is not a bad one; it tells others that they are not alone. Silence is not consent, but a lot of bosses think it is. Might even be that there's some leaders who do agree that change is needed, you never know. But one thing I've noticed is that it's the bad bosses who are the real three-year olds in the Traditions, but constantly giving them what they want seems to be official policy.'

"No Nick that is not what you have been advocating in this debate at least, you have advocating people leave the safety of their Chantries and abandon them. There are plenty who voice their dissent in public Nick, at this very moment there are demonstrations being held against the practice of Gilgul, if we went to the main cemetery we could see them around Heylel's grave, however have you ever considered that the reason why there are not widespread demand for change is that the majority of mages are ok with how the Traditions are run, and while there are always disagreement a widespread revolution are not wanted?"

Please note my demands. I would not make these if the Union was "nothing to worry about". In fact, you insult me by implying that me, a gal who's made the science of war her job would think this. Holy crap!, if nothing else, I would be a person by default who would respect the power the Union has to squish those who they don't like. And military science is more than simply counting; it's working out shit like their current missions, capabilities and how quick they can redeploy.'

"And yet you think you are morally in the right not to tell the members of your Chantry you only see yourself as a mercenary and not as a member of Steelhaven's community because they have not walked out on the Chantry, you are saying they should be willing to die to stick it to the man. That is where this tangent come from, you said it should be perfectly ok to just walk and I arguing you are telling people to die, and that is a pretty high demand."

'But that's enough of that.' ending with a tired sigh, clearly emotionally spent on this.

"Yeah let us get back to the conference."
Carlos agreed.
"Oh and if I do not see you before this evening Nick good luck with your dinner with the Admiral, I am sure you will impress her."

[Electronics Store]

Another "defective Technocrat", eh? There's more of us than folks like to assume.' Nicole quipped with a conspiratorial smirk, clearly suggesting she was one too. 'I'm getting culture shock here. Wondering if this is how old Mystics feel on the mudball.'

"I mean the thing is tech is useful, it makes lives better. Just look at how many survive illnesses today that would have killed them 50 years ago or how many fewer die in kitchen accidents since we cook with ovens and not open fires. I have nothing against mystics, but technology make everyone's lives better, and while the Union want to use it to control, it is their goals that is the problem not technology itself."
The kid said.
"So defective technocrat sure, I mean if you read up on what the Old of Reason stood for back in the day, I am all for that, it is when they got all new world over, control everyone that I have a problem with them and when the Adepts packed up and gave the Union the finger and left but we left the Union not tech."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:38 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that might be it, in either case it really sucks, the show is great as it is and it have so much potential I wish it got the ending it deserved."
"Boardroom douchebags eh."
Colin sighed, "Alas, it does seem the Syndicate is rather infested with the Fallen, ruining everything... they do seem to have a finger in most pies, like Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd."

Anja wrote:"Ah...so you want something to match the color of this scale? I can do that."
The young man said and he tapped at his tablet.
"Any other requests Sir?"
He pondere, "Could you do a dragon design on the wrist strap?"

Anja wrote:"Sure that is easy enough to do...ok listen this si what I can do for you I can get it delivered if you prefer but I can also make sure the wearable is ready by tomorrow evening if that is soon enough for you?"
The kid asked.
"And you wanted the headband and the watch in green right?"
He asked making notes on his tablet.
He grinned, "Tomorrow evening should be excellent, the day after should also work well, it's the day after that I'm marginally less certain of... anything beyond that is a mite fuzzy still. And the headband and watch should be green, yes. Neon green, preferably."
Checking his wallet for a moment, "Ah, US dollars, navids, or Tass? Might have to split things up a little..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:03 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin sighed, "Alas, it does seem the Syndicate is rather infested with the Fallen, ruining everything... they do seem to have a finger in most pies, like Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd."

"Yeah it would not surprise me the Syndicate sucks."
The young Etherite replied shaking his head.

He pondere, "Could you do a dragon design on the wrist strap?"

"I can do that...Asian or Western?"
The kid asked as he tapped at his tablet and his little machine powered up before he put the watch into the machine.

He grinned, "Tomorrow evening should be excellent, the day after should also work well, it's the day after that I'm marginally less certain of... anything beyond that is a mite fuzzy still. And the headband and watch should be green, yes. Neon green, preferably."

"Neon green, ready for pick up at the electronic store across the road tomorrow evening at let us say eight? Do that work for you Sir?"
The young Etherite asked looking up from his tablet.

Checking his wallet for a moment, "Ah, US dollars, navids, or Tass? Might have to split things up a little..."

"All of the above is acceptable and you can split up over different payment methods. Ok since you are buying two things I will give you a discount, this will not need allot of enchantment and are minor at best so let us say 1500 dollars for both, this tech will cost more when it is released in a few years but it is easier to make it here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:11 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:"No I can sell you a ticket...one day pass? 15 dollars then, payable in Nerids or Earth currency or Tass, also would you like your ticket written out or can I just send it to your phone?"
The greeter said.

"Oh that's a fine price. Somewhere in my head I thought it was gonna be like a hundred dollars." Serge said with a chuckle, pulling a $20 bill from his wallet and handing it to the greeter. "Give me a written copy of the ticket. I may be a modern mage but I'm not that modern. Plus having a physical ticket is a great keepsake." he said.

In truth he was a little nervously giving anybody in Concordia any sort of access to his phone, even something as simple as his number. He'd heard stories of the kinds of things mages could do with just a little bit of connection and in the land of mages he felt it was better to be safe than sorry, especially having already met the Fallen on this journey.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:36 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Oh that's a fine price. Somewhere in my head I thought it was gonna be like a hundred dollars." Serge said with a chuckle, pulling a $20 bill from his wallet and handing it to the greeter. "Give me a written copy of the ticket. I may be a modern mage but I'm not that modern. Plus having a physical ticket is a great keepsake." he said.

In truth he was a little nervously giving anybody in Concordia any sort of access to his phone, even something as simple as his number. He'd heard stories of the kinds of things mages could do with just a little bit of connection and in the land of mages he felt it was better to be safe than sorry, especially having already met the Fallen on this journey.

"Well we want people to be able to come and enjoy the conference and we would have that if it was so expensive only those with an extreme need to be here would be able to afford to come, and most of those might not be able to either."
The greeter said as she handed you a ticket and a goodie bag and five dollars back.
"Here you go, there is a map in the goodie bag so you can find yoru way, do not hesitate to ask anyone wearing a shirt like mine for help if you need anything."
She said in a friendly smile and pointed to the shirt she was wearing, a black t shirt with the conference's logo proudly displayed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:55 am

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it would not surprise me the Syndicate sucks."
The young Etherite replied shaking his head.
Colin nodded sagely, "Quite. I like the Void Engineers, though - I hope they defect to our side soon."

Anja wrote:"I can do that...Asian or Western?"
The kid asked as he tapped at his tablet and his little machine powered up before he put the watch into the machine.
He paused for a moment, "Ah, yes, let's see..."

((OOC: Oh, right, what type was Anna's Avatar again? Razz ))

Anja wrote:"Neon green, ready for pick up at the electronic store across the road tomorrow evening at let us say eight? Do that work for you Sir?"
The young Etherite asked looking up from his tablet.
He nodded, "That should be quite good, yes. Should I sign for something?"

Anja wrote:"All of the above is acceptable and you can split up over different payment methods. Ok since you are buying two things I will give you a discount, this will not need allot of enchantment and are minor at best so let us say 1500 dollars for both, this tech will cost more when it is released in a few years but it is easier to make it here."
He paused for a moment, drawing a small gem of the ring's pure Tass out into his hand, drawn through the funnel to preserve its quality, "I have a few available drams of Tass of particularly pristine quality... Do you have the means to give a good price for balanced, clean Tass?"

((OOC: Noting down one less dram of Tass in the ring...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:05 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin nodded sagely, "Quite. I like the Void Engineers, though - I hope they defect to our side soon."

"Yeah that would be cool, let us steal the Spacing Guild from the Technocracy,"
The young man said with a grin.

He paused for a moment, "Ah, yes, let's see..."

Anna's Avatar is a large Western dragon made of glass and sand.

He nodded, "That should be quite good, yes. Should I sign for something?"

"Yes sign here and here."
The kid said handing you a tablet with a document.
"And I will get a recipt printed out for you."

He paused for a moment, drawing a small gem of the ring's pure Tass out into his hand, drawn through the funnel to preserve its quality, "I have a few available drams of Tass of particularly pristine quality... Do you have the means to give a good price for balanced, clean Tass?"

"I can have a look at it but it is not my specialty, Elisabeth over at the cash and Tass exchange over there can give you a better appraisal."
The young man said and pointed down the hall at the booth named exactly that.
"But balanced Tass is at a premium."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:19 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be cool, let us steal the Spacing Guild from the Technocracy,"
The young man said with a grin.
Colin paused for a moment, "I actually know a lovely lady who could pass for a Guild Navigator, delicate with piscine traits... well, things are complicated..."

Anja wrote:Anna's Avatar is a large Western dragon made of glass and sand.
He scratched his chin, "He's a large western type, with an obsidian- or glass-like body."

Anja wrote:"Yes sign here and here."
The kid said handing you a tablet with a document.
"And I will get a recipt printed out for you."
He nodded, quickly signing the two locations, "Capital."

Anja wrote:"I can have a look at it but it is not my specialty, Elisabeth over at the cash and Tass exchange over there can give you a better appraisal."
The young man said and pointed down the hall at the booth named exactly that.
"But balanced Tass is at a premium."
He smiled thinly, "Ah, thank you... I'll be right back to pay, then. If you will excuse me?"
He gave a polite, small bow, then strolled over to the exchange booth, getting in line.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:22 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin paused for a moment, "I actually know a lovely lady who could pass for a Guild Navigator, delicate with piscine traits... well, things are complicated..."

"Paradox flaws? Anyway found pretty cool, is this person a Void Engineer?"
The young Etherite asked.

He scratched his chin, "He's a large western type, with an obsidian- or glass-like body."

"I can work with that, just one moment then."
He said as he set his little machine to humming and working.

He nodded, quickly signing the two locations, "Capital."

"The watch will be done in a couple of minutes and the headgear and watch combo you can pick up tomorrow."
The kid said as he handed you a receipt and checked the signature.
"Pleasure doing business with you man."

He smiled thinly, "Ah, thank you... I'll be right back to pay, then. If you will excuse me?"

"Sure, the watch should be done when you get back."
The kid said with a nod.

He gave a polite, small bow, then strolled over to the exchange booth, getting in line.

You had to wait in line for two other conference attendees to get money exchanged into Nerids then a tall, middle aged woman with a gray suit and a Virtual Adept Tradition symbol pin looked at you.
"Ah good day Sir how may I help you today?"
The woman was pretty and you saw she had an artificial hand and an artificial eye.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:47 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Keeping alive ain't a plan. It's a default setting. Plus, every base should have their own plan, to fit their own p'ticular circumstances. I could like, make suggestions for Steelhaven and Drydock and p'haps a little bit for the other bases in the local area, but for the whole world?'

Anja's Post:

'Perfect is the enemy of good, I see. Plus, I already said there was not a one-size fits none policy here; every base has their own issues. For example, Drydock don't really have much of the "jerkass boss" problem.'

Anja's Post:

'Leave for another base? Why is that an alien idea to you, even though you saw me do it recently?' tone clearly confused to why Carlos thought this. 'And tell that to the Victorian doily; bet she was told to sit down and shut up and her response was to say "screw this, I'm making my own tent" and she did just that?' a smirk rising on her face. 'In fact, that's a good idea, actually. During the sympo we'll both talk to her about how her base started out, yeah?'

Anja's Post:

'Congrats, you've surrendered to the millstones. You won't leave, so they have no reason to give anything. You won't fight them, so they can do what the hell they like to you. You know what your argument is in the end? Don't rock the fucking boat at all 'cos the jerkasses in charge will otherwise start breaking shit and shouting "look what you made me do!" at you.' shaking her head.

'This is going nowhere - as you think I'm a stupid wannabe mass-murdering anarchist, and you're my friend-' tone clearly sad and hurt here '-but promise me this. When you get back to D-town, talk to Jules - and ask him about "the white moderate" and Dr King's strategies. He'll teach, like he did me.' referring to one of the few Mystic residents of Drydock.

Anja's Post:

'I don't like the decision but being honest in this case is worse. Life is filled with picking of the least shit option. And I would never fight an unwinnable battle and so wouldn't tell others to do it either.'

[Electronic Store]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, mentally noting down that Explorer 5 did seem to have some need for security staff. 'Speaking of tech, should have cleared the pad by now..' giving a gesture to transport her to the Labs proper.

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

At this point, Nicole appeared behind on the teleporter pad.

[Pedantic point of the day; I don't think it's possible to have a dram of pure Tass as it's a unit of energy, not mass. And won't Colin need some form of receptacle to put it in, like say a crystal as Tass in itself has no physical form? Oh, and a dram is only $40 so you'll need to do a bit better than that..]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Paradox flaws? Anyway found pretty cool, is this person a Void Engineer?"
The young Etherite asked.
Colin chuckled softly, "You won't likely believe me, but she's a Diedne... and her ship is alive and rather fleshy."

Anja wrote:"The watch will be done in a couple of minutes and the headgear and watch combo you can pick up tomorrow."
The kid said as he handed you a receipt and checked the signature.
"Pleasure doing business with you man."
He nodded, "Capital. I'm glad I brought some silver to trade, though; this is quite the investment."

Anja wrote:You had to wait in line for two other conference attendees to get money exchanged into Nerids then a tall, middle aged woman with a gray suit and a Virtual Adept Tradition symbol pin looked at you.
"Ah good day Sir how may I help you today?"
The woman was pretty and you saw she had an artificial hand and an artificial eye.
He nodded, handing over the little crystal, "Good day, Ma'am. I need some Tass appraised; what will you price this quality at? I understand the rate varies by purity."

((OOC: Tass is Quintessence locked in a physical matrix, whether that be a solid, liquid, or gas - for liquid or gaseous manifestations, you'd need a container, but for solids, they should retain their form until drained. And the $40 is a going rate for "average" quality Tass, but strongly Resonated Tass will generally fetch a lower price, and perfectly balanced Tass will likely fetch a somewhat higher price, owing to the effect on the Mages who use it...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:10 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:"Well we want people to be able to come and enjoy the conference and we would have that if it was so expensive only those with an extreme need to be here would be able to afford to come, and most of those might not be able to either."
The greeter said as she handed you a ticket and a goodie bag and five dollars back.
"Here you go, there is a map in the goodie bag so you can find yoru way, do not hesitate to ask anyone wearing a shirt like mine for help if you need anything."
She said in a friendly smile and pointed to the shirt she was wearing, a black t shirt with the conference's logo proudly displayed.

"Ah sweet! Free Stuff! Actually technically I paid for the tickets. So just stuff!" Serge said excitedly as he took the goodie bag and began looking through the contents. "Thanks! Don't worry. By the way my friend should be popping behind me so be prepared to sell another ticket."

Nicole wrote:At this point, Nicole appeared behind on the teleporter pad.

"Oh look there she is." he said turning back to his his cabalmate behind him. He waved her over saying, "Hey Nick! Look! There giving away goodie bags! Who knows what could be inside of these. Might be a novelty gadget or something!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 am

(OOC: I will reply as soon as I can but I have a few things to do this morning before game night in the evening so I just wanted to address the Tass situation.

Quintessence is pure energy Tass is that energy crystalized it have a physical form that is what make it Tass. Now Tass can have any form, in one of the novels old letters are Tass, it really can be anything. Teomim's ring store Quintessence and convert the drams into crystals that are Tass when the user want to, or you can transfer the Quintessence directly.

In short Quintessence is pure energy, the essence all other things are made of in Mage. Tass are Quintessence crystalized into physical form, often crystals but it do not need to be crystals and can be any form.

Now as for cost yes Colin might need more than one Dram but completely pure Tass will be more valuable than Resonated Tass as it is pretty rare.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:18 am

[Electronic Store]

Nicole nodded to this, mentally noting down that Explorer 5 did seem to have some need for security staff. 'Speaking of tech, should have cleared the pad by now..' giving a gesture to transport her to the Labs proper.

"Yeah have fun."
The clerk said giving a wave before he activated the pad.

[TimeStop Labs]

"Ah sweet! Free Stuff! Actually technically I paid for the tickets. So just stuff!" Serge said excitedly as he took the goodie bag and began looking through the contents. "Thanks! Don't worry. By the way my friend should be popping behind me so be prepared to sell another ticket."

You got the same content as Colin, three lemon candies, some adds, a program with a map, a pen, a flashlight and a small bottle of water.
"Just some practical things to have at the conference."
The greeter explained.

Colin chuckled softly, "You won't likely believe me, but she's a Diedne... and her ship is alive and rather fleshy."

"Hum...most interesting."
The young man replied.
"I have heard of Verbena forest ships."

He nodded, "Capital. I'm glad I brought some silver to trade, though; this is quite the investment."

"Silver Sir?"
The young Etherite asked looking confused.

He nodded, handing over the little crystal, "Good day, Ma'am. I need some Tass appraised; what will you price this quality at? I understand the rate varies by purity."

"Very well let us have a look."
The woman said and she fished up something that looked like a Victorian lady's opera glasses and she studied the gem, her eyes widening.
"Ehm...this is ehm...is perfect."
She muttered looking rather taken aback.
"I...I can only offer 200 dollars for each dram, but this will go for allot more at a public auction...in fact aside for my job here would you be interested in trading a few drams of this I an offer a bit more than my job can but I can only afford two drams. Where did you come by this Sir this is...it looks alchemicaly cleansed."

At this point, Nicole appeared behind on the teleporter pad.

You arrived safely and saw Serge and the greeter talking.

(OOC: I will reply to the rest later sorry for it being a bit piece meal today I have to reply when I get the chance to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:42 am

[Concordia]

'Keeping alive ain't a plan. It's a default setting. Plus, every base should have their own plan, to fit their own p'ticular circumstances. I could like, make suggestions for Steelhaven and Drydock and p'haps a little bit for the other bases in the local area, but for the whole world?'

"Agree, the problem is that unless we are alive any other plan fall apart so it have to be prioritized first unless someone have some grand scheme that can realistically win the war, surviving is what we have, just rushing in an getting killed is no plan either.

'Perfect is the enemy of good, I see. Plus, I already said there was not a one-size fits none policy here; every base has their own issues. For example, Drydock don't really have much of the "jerkass boss" problem.'

"Yeah no that is a saying that works when someone can not manage to finish their task because it will just be good and not absolutely perfect not about rushing in with no plan just to make a chance.."
Carlos replied shaking his head.
"Also you are defeated by your own saying you want mages to abandon Chantries where they thrive, have safety and a chance to fight back against the other factions and the things that go bump in the night in favor of dying on the streets because the leadership is not perfect."

Leave for another base? Why is that an alien idea to you, even though you saw me do it recently?' tone clearly confused to why Carlos thought this.

"It do not work that way Nicole, this is not a buyers market, powerful Chantries can pick and choose their members so just abandoning a good Chantry generally will not mean you will find someone else to take you in. Also most Chantries will be run in the way you do not like Nick, meaning the number of potential Chantries to go to are pretty limited."

'And tell that to the Victorian doily; bet she was told to sit down and shut up and her response was to say "screw this, I'm making my own tent" and she did just that?' a smirk rising on her face. 'In fact, that's a good idea, actually. During the sympo we'll both talk to her about how her base started out, yeah?'

"Go for it Nicole, make your own Chantry, likely you will not have a Node or much resources and be a tempting target but I wish you all the best. The likelihood you will get allot of mages to abandon safe Chantries for a new start up are not that great but there will be some and it is how Chantries spread now is it not. That is not a way you will get a great revolution though since for most, the issues you mention is not really a problem."

'Congrats, you've surrendered to the millstones. You won't leave, so they have no reason to give anything. You won't fight them, so they can do what the hell they like to you. You know what your argument is in the end? Don't rock the fucking boat at all 'cos the jerkasses in charge will otherwise start breaking shit and shouting "look what you made me do!" at you.' shaking her head.

"Most of us do not go through life thinking it is always a constant struggle Nick, this is where community come in. Also I did no say no one would ever leave for no reason I said that feeling that one's Deacons are a bit to oil fashioned or authoritative is not enough to make most want to abandon their Chantries. No my argument is that your claim it is morally right for you not to be up front with your Chantry so you can have your cake and eat it to since every Chantry members are to blame for your problems since they do not up and leave is neither fair or realistic since at the moment there are really no alternative so personal conflicts will have to be pretty bad for someone to want to abandon their Chantry."
Carlos said with a sigh.

This is going nowhere - as you think I'm a stupid wannabe mass-murdering anarchist, and you're my friend-' tone clearly sad and hurt here '-but promise me this. When you get back to D-town, talk to Jules - and ask him about "the white moderate" and Dr King's strategies. He'll teach, like he did me.' referring to one of the few Mystic residents of Drydock.

"Nicole...I have never and will never regard you as stupid, you are one of the smartest people I know. I think you are an idealist and that your idealism at times blind you to practical concerns, which is not stupidity. I also do not think you are a mass murdering anarchist, not at all, like I said I think you are an idealist and that at times the cost of that idealism is not taken into consideration. From my point of view and I am not you so I may be wrong but from my point of view you have a tendency to black and white thinking, where I see the world in shades of gray. I will talk with Jules, sure no problem. But know Nicole I have the highest respect for you and I do not think your idealism is wrong, only only issue is that I think it perhaps lack nuance.

Ok look at it like this, one of my aunts work at a factory with horrible conditions, and she walked and she was angry that not enough others walked to shut the factory down and force chance, but one of her friends at the factory said, Ana, listen you have a huge family to keep you and your boys fed and house until you find a new job, if I quit my job I can not feed my kids, my kid who need dialysis treatment get that through my health insurance I get through my job, I hate it here but quitting means my kids go hungry and very likely one of my kids die, it is not worth that. We both agree such a factory need to change, but I have to also seen the point of view of Ana and see that without a security blanket in place to care for her and her family then demanding that she quit is not fair. Shades of gray."
Carlos said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next