Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:37 pm

[Electronics Shop]
Anja wrote:"I just feel so helpless at times, it is hard to see a friend make a mess of things and yet if I try to do something it would be stepping over the line. I mean I agree with allot of what she says she just have a very black or white look at the world which is not constructive...I don't know what even talking with you about this feel wrong but I had to make sure she was not mistreated."
Carlos said sipping his coffee with a sigh.
Colin nodded, "It's good that you make sure; I do what I can to keep her rear out of the fire."

Anja wrote:"That is the problem you can show her that list but chances are she will not care, she will look at that list but still see just the argument when you did not take her side and feel betrayed. Black and white thinking can be difficult to deal with, I just hope that you will try."
The Etherite said.
"And I would not think it is her political views that is the problem. I am going out on a,limb where but I assume there are different political views among the members of Steelhaven Hall and that at times lead to some headed discussion the problem is more the degree of reaction she have to someone disagreeing with those opinions and that she expect her friends to back her up in every argument no matter the topic and that is not easy to do. I get it. I mean I assume this would have still been a problem if her political views was more conventional. And like I said I understand her, she have survived with a us against the world attitude where absolute loyalty in all things and no room for shades of gray is what have gotten her through, that is the problem she have been stabbed in the back so many times she expect treachery so when her friends do not back her up when arguing with a clerk she feel that betrayal all over again. I get that is hard to work with but I believe if she is given the support she needs she will eventually perhaps come to trust that someone can disagree with her, or argue against her in a discussion with a clerk or a superior but still have her back in everything that counts. Like I used as an example, I am from a Catholic family, and some of them have really backwards views when it comes to LGBTQ, I was out with one of my sisters hopping and she told a gay couple to stop holding hands because she did not want to have to explain her three year old son who was with us who two men was holding hands, I told my sister to can it, that she was straight up wrong. I would still take a bullet for my sister without hesitation. It takes time to be able to trust past disagreements though."
He smiled wryly, "Her political views are... a bit radical, perhaps, but not wholly incompatible with those of most of Steelhaven's residents. Making a Nazi comparison to our roughly eighty-years-old German-born Chorister, however, was... ill-advised. But yes, getting her to see that most of us would take a bullet for her, despite various... disagreements, it is proving difficult."

Anja wrote:"Listen Mr Wainwright I know you are in a difficult situation I know that and I have no good solutions for you other than to say Nicole are good at driving people away but she is a good person and she will be an extreme assert to your Chantry if she is given enough patience to actually start to trust. If you do not you will loose her and while another mechanic can be found, none with her talent."
Carlos said.
"But yes it feel awkward discussing Nicole behind her back so I eh...you wanted to talk with me about something Mr Wainwright about Skip ehm I mean Skipper Sato Arosia, the vampire I have some dealings with? What did you want to know?"
He nodded, "It's not just her skills as a mechanic we'd lose if she leaves... well, let's hope we can avoid that. On top of that, it is necessary to limit her access to... sensitive information, as she'd be more liable to be captured and tortured on her own. She's good, but still limited... And since most of the information in question is Mystical in nature, she'd dismiss it as irrelevant and not grasp its importance in the first place..."
He sighed, shaking his head, "But yes, I need to contact your vampire associate - Wallace Fucking Jace is up to his fuckery again, the thrice-dead bastard, and he's trying to break Time itself in the future... Shawn, my Custos, got himself hurt in the future to get a message through from the slightly-more-distant future, using himself as a link, and let me know that... Skip has some further insights that will be useful. The means of contact is... well, less important; face to face, telephone, Skype, so long as I can converse with them live. But I nead to speak with them, to learn what insights they have about Jace's plans. And yes, it's the same Wallace Jace as was captured, gilguled, and executed a little while ago, and then we shredded his specter during the last Labyrinth raid during the cyber-plague... and he is still coming back for more."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 pm

[Electronics Shop]

Colin nodded, "It's good that you make sure; I do what I can to keep her rear out of the fire."

"Thank you man, I appreciate it."
Carlos replied in earnest.

He smiled wryly, "Her political views are... a bit radical, perhaps, but not wholly incompatible with those of most of Steelhaven's residents. Making a Nazi comparison to our roughly eighty-years-old German-born Chorister, however, was... ill-advised. But yes, getting her to see that most of us would take a bullet for her, despite various... disagreements, it is proving difficult."

"Oh dear she did...yeah I can see that but damn."
Carlos said then he sigh.
"Like I said her politics might be on the fringes but many mages have unusual political views it comes with the territory. But yes I hope Nick will learn to trust the members of Steelhaven Hall. I worry she will end up a loner and that is not a good place to be in this war."

He nodded, "It's not just her skills as a mechanic we'd lose if she leaves... well, let's hope we can avoid that. On top of that, it is necessary to limit her access to... sensitive information, as she'd be more liable to be captured and tortured on her own. She's good, but still limited... And since most of the information in question is Mystical in nature, she'd dismiss it as irrelevant and not grasp its importance in the first place..."

"This is not something I can comment on really. I just, I am just hoping that Nicole will be given every chance as she is a good person."
Carlos replied.

He sighed, shaking his head, "But yes, I need to contact your vampire associate - Wallace Fucking Jace is up to his fuckery again, the thrice-dead bastard, and he's trying to break Time itself in the future... Shawn, my Custos, got himself hurt in the future to get a message through from the slightly-more-distant future, using himself as a link, and let me know that... Skip has some further insights that will be useful. The means of contact is... well, less important; face to face, telephone, Skype, so long as I can converse with them live. But I nead to speak with them, to learn what insights they have about Jace's plans. And yes, it's the same Wallace Jace as was captured, gilguled, and executed a little while ago, and then we shredded his specter during the last Labyrinth raid during the cyber-plague... and he is still coming back for more."

"Well this Wallace Jace person sound like he is channeling his inner cockroach. Also no disrespect but you sound like a Cultist Mr Waiinwright, I study a bit of time but damn. That aside I can give you a phone number to Skip, the kid at the electronics shop can get you a link to earth. Just tell Skip I sent you. Skip is a information broker so expect to pay but the prices are reasonable."
Carlos said as he jotted down a phone number on a scrap of note book paper and handed it to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm

[Electronics Shop]
Anja wrote:"Oh dear she did...yeah I can see that but damn."
Carlos said then he sigh.
"Like I said her politics might be on the fringes but many mages have unusual political views it comes with the territory. But yes I hope Nick will learn to trust the members of Steelhaven Hall. I worry she will end up a loner and that is not a good place to be in this war."
Colin nodded, "In fairness to Nick, I don't believe she was aware of Madame Gottschalk's background at the time. But she does have a particular knack for... prodding sore spots."

Anja wrote:"This is not something I can comment on really. I just, I am just hoping that Nicole will be given every chance as she is a good person."
Carlos replied.
He simply nodded, sipping his tea.

Anja wrote:"Well this Wallace Jace person sound like he is channeling his inner cockroach. Also no disrespect but you sound like a Cultist Mr Waiinwright, I study a bit of time but damn. That aside I can give you a phone number to Skip, the kid at the electronics shop can get you a link to earth. Just tell Skip I sent you. Skip is a information broker so expect to pay but the prices are reasonable."
Carlos said as he jotted down a phone number on a scrap of note book paper and handed it to you.
He smiled wryly, "Now, now, that's slander against cockroaches. And I do get the Cultist comparison a lot..."
Accepting the note, he nodded, "Much obliged... Does Skip accept favours, or hard cash only?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:45 pm

[Electronics Shop]

Colin nodded, "In fairness to Nick, I don't believe she was aware of Madame Gottschalk's background at the time. But she does have a particular knack for... prodding sore spots."

Carlos just nodded not wanting to slander Nicole.

He smiled wryly, "Now, now, that's slander against cockroaches. And I do get the Cultist comparison a lot..."

"Yeah I can see why."
The Etherite said with a bright smile before sipping his coffee.

Accepting the note, he nodded, "Much obliged... Does Skip accept favours, or hard cash only?"

"Depends on the favor, trading favors are generally accepted but it have to be something that Skip will find useful."
Carlos replied.
"You really have to work it out with them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:00 pm

[Concorida]

Anja's Post:

'Again, they don't see it like that. Case in point; threatening to walk off the fucking battlefield 'cos a bit of snark or alleged "disrespect". Either they are more into their petty dick-stroking than winning the war or they are too stupid to realise what's important. Both of them up the risk of me dying due to them. In fact, I would go as far as to say they don't deserve to win.'

Anja's Post:

'Then if they should stand up against the shitty leaders too. Look, I'm okay being the vanguard but I cannot fucking win the war on my own.' giving a shrug. 'Perhaps we need a couple of Pearl Harbors to make folks elsewhere to stand up, do some "houseclearing" and throw the shits, incompetents and dick-strokers out into the dusbin of history. It's why I stuck around at Drydock; I felt not only that you had my back and needed me, but what you were doing there was something worth fighting for.' making it clear that she needed motivation to go beyond her simple duties.

Anja's Post:

A moment's consideration, then shook her head. 'Nope. Still don't accept that box 'o guilt.'

[Electronics Store]

Anja's Post:

'I said; all a hundred seventy-eight episodes of The Next Generation. What, didn't you notice the shelf full of external hard drives back at my place?'

Anja's Post:

'Spares for later repairs. Hen's teeth territory, they are; milspec ones ain't been made since Reagan.' she replied in a casual manner, moving towards the rear room where the teleporter pad was.

[Nick agrees with Carlos on that, but she has also pointed out she has 'personal quests' to do in the New England region before she leaves. Sharpen her skillsets, re-connect with family, decide what she wants next, get promoted etc. She wants to leave partly because she does feel she'd be able to help more elsewhere.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:50 pm

[Concorida]

'Again, they don't see it like that. Case in point; threatening to walk off the fucking battlefield 'cos a bit of snark or alleged "disrespect". Either they are more into their petty dick-stroking than winning the war or they are too stupid to realise what's important. Both of them up the risk of me dying due to them. In fact, I would go as far as to say they don't deserve to win.'

"And I agree that was unprofessional of them, they should have done the job and then brought up their beef when the current situation was resolved. However how is this relevant to whatever or not it is morally right to keep the rank and file members of your Chantry ignorant that you see yourself as just a mercenary doing a job and will do it and nothing else, apples and oranges Nick."
Carlos replied with a slight sigh.

'Then if they should stand up against the shitty leaders too. Look, I'm okay being the vanguard but I cannot fucking win the war on my own.' giving a shrug. 'Perhaps we need a couple of Pearl Harbors to make folks elsewhere to stand up, do some "houseclearing" and throw the shits, incompetents and dick-strokers out into the dusbin of history. It's why I stuck around at Drydock; I felt not only that you had my back and needed me, but what you were doing there was something worth fighting for.' making it clear that she needed motivation to go beyond her simple duties.

"So in your opinion it is ok to not be straight with your Chantrymates about how you regard your place in the Chantry and let them believe you have their interest in heart far more than you do because they do not share your political views?"
Carlos asked raising an eyebrow.
"You know I wish you was still at Drydock Nick we all miss you. But you are in a new Chantry now and the problem is chances are most are not going to see things your way. I am not saying you are wrong but your ideals are on the fringes so to expect some uprising against the leaders of the Traditions are not likely to happen anytime soon."

A moment's consideration, then shook her head. 'Nope. Still don't accept that box 'o guilt.'

"It is not a box of guilt Nicole it is about us working together. Why do you think the Protocols have lawas against betraying your Chantry and Cabal, not that I am saying you are doing that, but outright murdering members outside your Chantry only got illegal later on. But it is your choice Nick. I do not agree with it and I think it is the wrong thing to do and not right to your Chantry but it is your choice I just hope it will not come back to bite you in the butt. But yes I think we have gotten as far as we can with this discussion and we should probably change the topic."

[Electronics Store]

Spares for later repairs. Hen's teeth territory, they are; milspec ones ain't been made since Reagan.' she replied in a casual manner, moving towards the rear room where the teleporter pad was.

You got to the back room and the teleporter. The clerk pointed to it.
"Let me know when you are ready and I will beam you over."

(OCC: And Carlos have no problem with that, what he have a problem with is not letting the Chantry know where they stand. Think of it like this, having a non committed relationship or a one night stand is perfectly fine but to not let your partner know you are only after a one night stand or even a strong of them is immoral. And Carlos see it the same way. Not letting the Chantry know Nicole only see herself as a hired grunt is morally wrong for those who depend on the Chantry for their survival.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:15 am

[Electronics Store]

Nicole wrote:'I said; all a hundred seventy-eight episodes of The Next Generation. What, didn't you notice the shelf full of external hard drives back at my place?'

"There was a lot of cool stuff in there. I can't remember every single detail." Serge said with a chuckle, "But damn, a hundred and seventy-eight episodes is 29 terabytes? That seems a bit much. But I guess I'm not an expert data hoarder and HD video does get pretty large pretty fast."

Nicole wrote:'Spares for later repairs. Hen's teeth territory, they are; milspec ones ain't been made since Reagan.' she replied in a casual manner, moving towards the rear room where the teleporter pad was.
Anja wrote:You got to the back room and the teleporter. The clerk pointed to it.
"Let me know when you are ready and I will beam you over."

"Heh 'milspec'. Short for military specification rights? Man I love those abbreviations. Makes me feel like an military officer. What other obscure ones do you know? I remember FUBAR. That's a fun one." Serge said as he followed Nicole over to the teleporter pad. As he talked with Nicole he gave a thumbs up to the clerk to show that he was ready to teleport.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 am

[Cybernetics Conference]

"Heh 'milspec'. Short for military specification rights? Man I love those abbreviations. Makes me feel like an military officer. What other obscure ones do you know? I remember FUBAR. That's a fun one." Serge said as he followed Nicole over to the teleporter pad. As he talked with Nicole he gave a thumbs up to the clerk to show that he was ready to teleport.

One at the time you and Nicole was teleported into the entrance room of the building the conference was hosted in, with about 30 seconds between each teleport to give the previous person the time to step off the pad. It felt a bit tingly as you where teleported and it was not as smooth a ride as when Sharaya handeled it but it was not to bad, the teleporter made a cool, science fictiony sound like beaming on Star Trek and you have the feeling the sound effect was added just for the fun of it.

A smiling woman greeted you, she waved to Nicole and is the same greeter as before.
"Do you have a ticket Sir or do you want to purchase one here?"
The woman asked Serge. She was not that much older than you, she might be a student or young initiate given the job of greeter for the conference attendees, she had a basket of goodie bags over one arm and was a pretty young woman with braided hair in practical clothes including jeans and a tshirt with the conference logo and a ear piece that allowed her to communicate with the others who worked at the conference.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:40 pm

[Electronics Shop]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I can see why."
The Etherite said with a bright smile before sipping his coffee.
Colin chuckled softly, "There's a little bit of... a lot of things in me. My Avatar is something of a piecemeal thing. There are some advantages; she grows, with unlimited potential, and she's virtually impossible to harm, as a certain Quaesitor can attest to... but she does come with some less than pleasant memories and obligations, as well."

Anja wrote:"Depends on the favor, trading favors are generally accepted but it have to be something that Skip will find useful."
Carlos replied.
"You really have to work it out with them."
He nodded, "Of course, but it knows knowing whether or not the option is on the table going in. Well..."
He raised his mug and finished in a last swig, then set it down, "Then I have work needing doing, as I'm sure do you... so let us part as, hm, co-conspirators to help Nicole for now, and see if we can't get her to see the light, as it were..."
He extended a hand, "Good meeting you, Mr. Rodriguez. Keep me posted if something that can help Nicole crosses your radar, would you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:10 pm

[Electronics Shop]

Colin chuckled softly, "There's a little bit of... a lot of things in me. My Avatar is something of a piecemeal thing. There are some advantages; she grows, with unlimited potential, and she's virtually impossible to harm, as a certain Quaesitor can attest to... but she does come with some less than pleasant memories and obligations, as well."

Carlos raised an eyebrow at that.
"You have a shard cluster then Mr Wainwright? I have heard about them but never spoken with anyone who have such a soul."
The Etherite ask.
"I guess that can be allot of impressions.

He nodded, "Of course, but it knows knowing whether or not the option is on the table going in. Well..."

Carlos just nodded at that.

He raised his mug and finished in a last swig, then set it down, "Then I have work needing doing, as I'm sure do you... so let us part as, hm, co-conspirators to help Nicole for now, and see if we can't get her to see the light, as it were..."

Carlos checked his watch and stood, he held out his plump hand to Colin.
"Indeed we do. I am glad she have someone looking out for her at least as much as can be done."
He said then he nodded.
"Well work and work, I get a chance to check out the stands for half a hour or so before I am to help Maggie with her presentation."

He extended a hand, "Good meeting you, Mr. Rodriguez. Keep me posted if something that can help Nicole crosses your radar, would you?"

"Good meeting you as well Mr Wainwright, take care and enjoy the conference."
Carlos said clasping your hand then he finished his coffee and put the cup in the dishwasher and went to do the same with your tea cup before heading out to enjoy the conference.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Not alone or fringe, and you know it; you yourself have have agreed with a lot of my bitches 'bout it. My beef is, as ever not the working stiffs but the shit management above and those who know better but pander to them. In this case; a) bitching about how I must fall in line "'cos there's a war on" but then b) not taking that war actually seriously. Can't be fucking both at the same time, mon.' a short pause, then a sigh.

'Those stiffs I like should realise I ain't happy being there, so when I go they'll realise why. I can't warn 'em 'cos if I do, the news will surely leak out somehow and I'll get shit on from high again.'

Anja's Post:

'What community? We're a bunch of randos who have been thrown together due to one aspect of our existence. It's almost as fucking sickening as [Hilary] Clinton trying to use "female solidarity" to get us to vote for her, when the only similarities we have is that we all have tits. I am not a demographic, I am a person.'

[Electronics Store]

Serge's Post:

'No, that's all my vids together. The TNG only come upto 'bout three-fifty gig.' she replied, trying to get down the narrow aisle without knocking stuff off the shelf with her hips - clearly she'd been here before. 'And "digital hoarding" is better than the physical type. Fuck, I remember how much space vid tapes used to take up...'

Anja's Post:

'Every military has their own slang and shit. Changes over time, too - one of the bitches folks get is when they see, like a film in the Iraq War but seeing them use words from 'Nam. But yeah, military specifications. The technology to make them that good is lost now, at least with the Mundies. However, a lot of Etherite tech still use 'em, so I guess there's gonna be a lab or two somewhere who operate a fab plant to help pay the bills.'

Anja's Post:

A nod to this. 'We popping your cherry, grasshopper?' she quipped, looking to Serge and gesturing to the transport pad.

[Whoops, severe brain fart re: ripped DVDs. 29TB would be around 3,400 DVD .iso files!]

[Damn, I would be able to argue so much better IC if Nick had a few more dots in Academics, Politics and Expression!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 pm

[Concordia]

'Not alone or fringe, and you know it; you yourself have have agreed with a lot of my bitches 'bout it. My beef is, as ever not the working stiffs but the shit management above and those who know better but pander to them. In this case; a) bitching about how I must fall in line "'cos there's a war on" but then b) not taking that war actually seriously. Can't be fucking both at the same time, mon.' a short pause, then a sigh.

'Those stiffs I like should realise I ain't happy being there, so when I go they'll realise why. I can't warn 'em 'cos if I do, the news will surely leak out somehow and I'll get shit on from high again.'

"I never said there was no one who have the same political views as you Nicole I said you will have a hard time with most Chantries to get enough members to agree with your ideas to have a uprising against their leaders."
Carlos said with a sigh.
"As for fringe there I do not agree, now this is not saying you are wrong but your views are pretty far into the fringes, demanding that your Chantrymates deserve to not be told you only see yourself as am mercenary since they do not stand up against the Deacons are pretty fringe. Now I agree with allot of your political views, not all but most, which makes me pretty fringe as well. Now fringe is not bad but it also mean that there are a limit to how many you will find that will see things your way."
The other Etherite said calmly.
"The thing is this have nothing to do with your leaders it have to do with community, a community we need, and yes our society is far from a perfect ones, but to just say either we have a revolution and change now or I will just disengage will not solve any problems."

"Listen Nicole...your leaders probably already realize you are not happy, that your personality and politics might not be a good choice for the Chantry. I do not really see the point here. If you are honest, yes there is a chance the Chantry will ask you to relocate, but they might also be ok with the mercenary deal but chances are they will be far more positive to you being honest than you hiding how you feel and how you deal with the Chantry."

What community? We're a bunch of randos who have been thrown together due to one aspect of our existence. It's almost as fucking sickening as [Hilary] Clinton trying to use "female solidarity" to get us to vote for her, when the only similarities we have is that we all have tits. I am not a demographic, I am a person.'

"Really and if you asks other mages if they have a community with their Chantry and their Cabal do you think they also will claim there is no community there and to claim there are is disgusting. And no the similarity would be if there are communities of women where there are roving men out to kill them and they can only rely on those in their community. This is not a political ploy Nick it is about safety, and it is about me not wanting to see you alienated from other mages since a mage alone is a ripe target for out enemies and I care about you and do not want...you know what there is not really any argument I can make other than if most other mages find community with one another, why is that you think?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:48 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

A laugh to this. 'Uprising? More like a strike or mass quittage. "This shit, I shall not put up with no more" and all that. You see this already; like Docs who are so nasty, total leeches or plain jerks that nobody wants to help them out and their student openings remain unfilled. Even doing as little as stating publicly you believe that action is an abuse of power but you will comply because of that power is a start, 'cos it destroys the story that you are obeying through free will.'

Anja's Post:

'What's "my politics" got to do with it? I simply want a place with better fucking management, which actually gets me as me rather than thinking they can beat me into being something they want me to be. They already made me into Vasquez, I refuse to surrender my fucking head too.' the last bit defiantly, as though she was mounting a proverbial barricade she would never surrender.

Anja's Post:

'Hardly roving. If the Union was that strong in numbers we'd have lost decades ago. And they can rely on me... in some cases, more than they can rely on touchy, flaky "allies" who contantly sulk and throw their toys out their stroller. Save your lecture not for the gal who's put in ten bucks into the jar than the total twenty she owns, but for the one trying to get change for a button.' [ie take on the freeloaders and useless people first].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:47 am

[Electronics Store]

Nicole wrote:'No, that's all my vids together. The TNG only come upto 'bout three-fifty gig.' she replied, trying to get down the narrow aisle without knocking stuff off the shelf with her hips - clearly she'd been here before. 'And "digital hoarding" is better than the physical type. Fuck, I remember how much space vid tapes used to take up...'

"Data Hoarding's the best. Save thousands of books, movies, and games conveniently on the storage device of your choice. Although physical media does have a certain appeal to it as well....." Serge said becoming a little more thoughtful at that last statement, "eh, they both have their pros and cons."

Nicole wrote:'Every military has their own slang and shit. Changes over time, too - one of the bitches folks get is when they see, like a film in the Iraq War but seeing them use words from 'Nam. But yeah, military specifications. The technology to make them that good is lost now, at least with the Mundies. However, a lot of Etherite tech still use 'em, so I guess there's gonna be a lab or two somewhere who operate a fab plant to help pay the bills.'

"Oh I wanna see a plant like that. One where you feed a machine a drawing and the machines go bzzzz and whhiiiirrr and then a 3 dimensional version of the drawings comes out the other end right?" Serge said having a somewhat skewed idea of what a fabrication plant does.

Nicole wrote:A nod to this. 'We popping your cherry, grasshopper?' she quipped, looking to Serge and gesturing to the transport pad.

"For teleporting on a space designated for teleporting? Nah I'm pretty much a natural at that by now. Though it will be my first time teleporting in a space that looks exactly like this. I do have to appreciate how each of these spaces are design. I've been in mystical ones and science'y ones like this and they always got a slightly different feel to them." he said admiring the transport pad and the general atmosphere of the space around him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 am

[Concordia]

A laugh to this. 'Uprising? More like a strike or mass quittage. "This shit, I shall not put up with no more" and all that. You see this already; like Docs who are so nasty, total leeches or plain jerks that nobody wants to help them out and their student openings remain unfilled. Even doing as little as stating publicly you believe that action is an abuse of power but you will comply because of that power is a start, 'cos it destroys the story that you are obeying through free will.'

Carlos just looked flabbergasted for a moment.
"Nicole you are aware we have the Technocracy with their Pogrom breathing down our necks, so you expect members of a perfectly good Chantry to leave, very likely to get killed or worse over disagreement in leadership style? Seriously. It is not about just quitting and finding somewhere else to go it is about very likely giving up your fucking life there have to be allot more than the leaders being a bit old fashioned to warrant that."
He said shaking his head.
"Also chances are the rest of your Chantrymates do not agree with you that the Chantry leaders are abusing their power, you expect people to die for something they most likely do not even believe in. Being alone without the protection of a Chantry means being a prime candidate to be taken out by the Union, that is why the Traditions was formed in the first place, safety in numbers."

'What's "my politics" got to do with it? I simply want a place with better fucking management, which actually gets me as me rather than thinking they can beat me into being something they want me to be. They already made me into Vasquez, I refuse to surrender my fucking head too.' the last bit defiantly, as though she was mounting a proverbial barricade she would never surrender.

"It is the very definition of politics Nicole, you want a more to the left leadership of the Traditions, very very far to the left actually and I tend to agree with you on that though I believe just hoping that everyone will jump aboard the same political train is not realistic Also being decent to your Chantrymates is not making you loose your head Nicole."
Carlos said with a sigh.

Hardly roving. If the Union was that strong in numbers we'd have lost decades ago. And they can rely on me... in some cases, more than they can rely on touchy, flaky "allies" who contantly sulk and throw their toys out their stroller. Save your lecture not for the gal who's put in ten bucks into the jar than the total twenty she owns, but for the one trying to get change for a button.' [ie take on the freeloaders and useless people first].

"No Nicole what keeps us alive are the fact the Union do not want to make this a all out war where the Traditionalists say fuck Paradox let me go out with a bang, for then their little business of making sure the sleepers know nothing about the supernatural is gone. The Union are more powerful than us, better organized and likely could win but they do not want a open conflict and that is what they get in a front attack on a few dozen mages."

[Electronics Store]

For teleporting on a space designated for teleporting? Nah I'm pretty much a natural at that by now. Though it will be my first time teleporting in a space that looks exactly like this. I do have to appreciate how each of these spaces are design. I've been in mystical ones and science'y ones like this and they always got a slightly different feel to them." he said admiring the transport pad and the general atmosphere of the space around him.

"I was trained at Explorer 5, the Chantry leadership have seen a bit to much Star Trek...or maybe Star Trek was inspired by them...I don't know but it have left it's mark on my Science."
The clerk said with a chuckle.
"Now remember kid move off the teleportation pad once you are over there so you will not crash into your friend her when I send her over, there are safety measures built in but let us not take any chances eh?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:34 am

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:Carlos raised an eyebrow at that.
"You have a shard cluster then Mr Wainwright? I have heard about them but never spoken with anyone who have such a soul."
The Etherite ask.
"I guess that can be allot of impressions.
Colin nodded slowly, "A lot of... well... suffice to say, there is a lot of regret in there. A great number of mistakes to learn from, one could say... and a few debts to pay off, somehow, somewhen..."

Anja wrote:Carlos checked his watch and stood, he held out his plump hand to Colin.
"Indeed we do. I am glad she have someone looking out for her at least as much as can be done."
He said then he nodded.
"Well work and work, I get a chance to check out the stands for half a hour or so before I am to help Maggie with her presentation."
He grinned, "Fancy little gadgets from James Bond's Q to Star Trek's Q in capacity? I hope to have the time to find something interesting for my girlfriend... the plague was a difficult trial for her."

Anja wrote:"Good meeting you as well Mr Wainwright, take care and enjoy the conference."
Carlos said clasping your hand then he finished his coffee and put the cup in the dishwasher and went to do the same with your tea cup before heading out to enjoy the conference.
He disposed of the teabag, then skimmed through the contents of his goodie bag, and refreshed his Scrambler before stepping out into the conference hall to look at the stands for a little while.

((OOC: Well, 29TB would be the equivalent of 580 Blu-Ray discs, which is not unreasonable by 2015... still a bit more than Star Trek alone, but nevertheless... Wink ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:30 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'So leadership incompetence is fine as long as it resists the Union, hmm? Think we've arced back to "get with the programme" with a side-order of "be grateful for what you've got" and "our way or no way".'

Anja's Post:

'Already told you why I can't. Plus, this ain't fucking "left" vs "right", it's simply 'bout competence. Unless you define "right" as "incompetent".'

Anja's Post:

'Don't lecture me on the Pogrom; I ain't like no newbie. But you don't know the Union's crew levels and shit, you're assuming. I actually think the Union ain't bigger than us - in fact, they might be smaller - but sure as hell are better provisioned and led than us. Therefore, it can be said I am taking this war more seriously than them, because I am like, agitating for better leadership.'

[Electronics Store]

Anja's Post:

'A lot of it is just the vid library of my last place that I copied before coming to Boston. I ain't had real time yet to weed out the crap yet.'

Serge's Post:

'I have no idea. There might be no plants.'

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Don't diss Trek, mon. Wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the weekly outings of Kirk, Picard and Janeway, me.' Nicole replied good-naturedly, waiting for Serge to get on the platform.

[Each DVD .iso is betwene 3-8 GB; most Blu-Rays are pointless if the master disc ain't of sufficient quality. Oh, and Colin's location tags are slipping...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:15 pm

[Concordia]

So leadership incompetence is fine as long as it resists the Union, hmm? Think we've arced back to "get with the programme" with a side-order of "be grateful for what you've got" and "our way or no way".'

"Nicole for fuck sake the world is not black and white, do I think the leadership of the Traditiosn need updating, absolutely, would I die just to make a point about it hell no. So yeah a leader would have to be very very bad for me to walk from the security of being part of a Chantry to most likely die on the streets."
Carlos replied with a sigh.

Already told you why I can't. Plus, this ain't fucking "left" vs "right", it's simply 'bout competence. Unless you define "right" as "incompetent".'

"And that is your choice, I think you are making a morally wrong choice but it is your choice to make."
Carlos said and he clearly did not approve.

'Don't lecture me on the Pogrom; I ain't like no newbie. But you don't know the Union's crew levels and shit, you're assuming. I actually think the Union ain't bigger than us - in fact, they might be smaller - but sure as hell are better provisioned and led than us. Therefore, it can be said I am taking this war more seriously than them, because I am like, agitating for better leadership.'

"No for we have no intelligence what so ever on the enemy, nope we are running completely blind...yes Nicole we have some idea of what the Union are capable of, believe it or not we have spies and yes off course there is a possibility the Union have managed to play at being more powerful than they are but it is a very low chance, and I for one would not be willing to risk my life on the chance all intelligence reports are wrong just to stick it to the man."
Carlos replied shaking his head.

[Electronics Store]

'Don't diss Trek, mon. Wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the weekly outings of Kirk, Picard and Janeway, me.' Nicole replied good-naturedly, waiting for Serge to get on the platform.

"I wold not dream of it. Like I said I was trained at a Star Trek inspired Chantry."
The clerk said as he fiddle with a control panel and Serge vanished in a burst of light and a beaming sound.
"Just explaining the eastetics. "

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin nodded slowly, "A lot of... well... suffice to say, there is a lot of regret in there. A great number of mistakes to learn from, one could say... and a few debts to pay off, somehow, somewhen..."

"I wish you the best with that Mr Wainwright."
Carlos said not really knowing what to say since he did not know you.

He grinned, "Fancy little gadgets from James Bond's Q to Star Trek's Q in capacity? I hope to have the time to find something interesting for my girlfriend... the plague was a difficult trial for her."

"Oh...she is a Technomancer then Mr Wainwright? I am sure you can find something at the conference she would like. And yes gadgets of all sort though with a theme of cybernetics and wearable tech."
The Etherite asked raising an eyebrow.

He disposed of the teabag, then skimmed through the contents of his goodie bag, and refreshed his Scrambler before stepping out into the conference hall to look at the stands for a little while.

The goodie bag contained a conference program with all the talks, as well as a map over the lecture rooms and stalls. There was some advertisements from several who was selling at the conference as well. There where three lemon candies, a pen and a flashlight with the conference logo and a mini water bottle containing about a cup of water in case you goth thirsty walking around. Not all that exiting but practical contents.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:39 pm

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"I wish you the best with that Mr Wainwright."
Carlos said not really knowing what to say since he did not know you.
Colin smiled thinly and nodded, "I appreciate that."

Anja wrote:"Oh...she is a Technomancer then Mr Wainwright? I am sure you can find something at the conference she would like. And yes gadgets of all sort though with a theme of cybernetics and wearable tech."
The Etherite asked raising an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Virtual Adept. She's not been able to get implants to date, but that... might be subject to change soon."

Anja wrote:The goodie bag contained a conference program with all the talks, as well as a map over the lecture rooms and stalls. There was some advertisements from several who was selling at the conference as well. There where three lemon candies, a pen and a flashlight with the conference logo and a mini water bottle containing about a cup of water in case you goth thirsty walking around. Not all that exiting but practical contents.
He popped a lemon candy in his mouth and looked over the list of wearable tech, heading for whoever seemed more likely to have the most lightweight medical monitors - like wristwatches with heart monitors, or brain monitors...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:36 am

[Electronics Store]

Nicole wrote:'A lot of it is just the vid library of my last place that I copied before coming to Boston. I ain't had real time yet to weed out the crap yet.'

"No don't weed out anything. You never know when something might come in handy." Serge said wit ha chuckle, "If it's just video of the last place you lived in I could take the stuff you don't want off your hand. I can never run out of reference material after all."

Anja wrote:"I was trained at Explorer 5, the Chantry leadership have seen a bit to much Star Trek...or maybe Star Trek was inspired by them...I don't know but it have left it's mark on my Science."
The clerk said with a chuckle.
"Now remember kid move off the teleportation pad once you are over there so you will not crash into your friend her when I send her over, there are safety measures built in but let us not take any chances eh?"
Nicole wrote:'Don't diss Trek, mon. Wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the weekly outings of Kirk, Picard and Janeway, me.' Nicole replied good-naturedly, waiting for Serge to get on the platform.
Anja wrote:"I wold not dream of it. Like I said I was trained at a Star Trek inspired Chantry."
The clerk said as he fiddle with a control panel and Serge vanished in a burst of light and a beaming sound.
"Just explaining the eastetics. "

Despite claiming that he was ready, Serge was still a little startled by the sudden shift in space. "Ah! Where am I? Who am I? Dammit I wanted to comment on Star Trek. Oh right. Move off the teleport pad." he said quickly remembering the last words of the clerk and stepping off the teleport pad before scanning his surroundings to see where he ended up.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:11 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin smiled thinly and nodded, "I appreciate that."

Carlos nodded at that.

He nodded, "Virtual Adept. She's not been able to get implants to date, but that... might be subject to change soon."

"Hey I don't have any implants myself but they can be useful if you want them."
The Etherite replied.

He popped a lemon candy in his mouth and looked over the list of wearable tech, heading for whoever seemed more likely to have the most lightweight medical monitors - like wristwatches with heart monitors, or brain monitors...

The candy was quite tasty, tart but not to sweet and not to sour and the flavor was not artificial. You quickly found a stall that was selling wearable. There was a young man who was demonstrating a watch to an elderly woman but once he was done he turned to Colin.
"Ah good day to you Sir looking for something in particular?"
The kid had very dark red hair, nearly black, warm brown skin and was wearing a Babylon 5 Tshirt and jeans.

Despite claiming that he was ready, Serge was still a little startled by the sudden shift in space. "Ah! Where am I? Who am I? Dammit I wanted to comment on Star Trek. Oh right. Move off the teleport pad." he said quickly remembering the last words of the clerk and stepping off the teleport pad before scanning his surroundings to see where he ended up.

A pretty young woman with pigrails and the conference logo on her shirt came towards you.
"Welcome do you have a ticket or do you want to buy one?"
The girl asked.
"Are you well teleporting can be a bit jarring I know."
She asked with a big, winning smile, clearly she was the conference greeter.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:58 am

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Hey I don't have any implants myself but they can be useful if you want them."
The Etherite replied.
Colin shook his head slightly, "No, I mean, she has not been able to get implants - total incompatibility. I don't dispute their usefulness; would not object to a few... augmentations, though I'd rather avoid needing replacements, if you get my meaning."

Anja wrote:The candy was quite tasty, tart but not to sweet and not to sour and the flavor was not artificial. You quickly found a stall that was selling wearable. There was a young man who was demonstrating a watch to an elderly woman but once he was done he turned to Colin.
"Ah good day to you Sir looking for something in particular?"
The kid had very dark red hair, nearly black, warm brown skin and was wearing a Babylon 5 Tshirt and jeans.
He arched an eyebrow, "I would have expected the questions 'Who are you?' and 'What do you want?', but yes, I was looking for something like a wristwatch with a heart monitor. Something suited for a teenage girl. Or perhaps a model with a brain monitor, for an adult woman, preferably in green?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:10 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin shook his head slightly, "No, I mean, she has not been able to get implants - total incompatibility. I don't dispute their usefulness; would not object to a few... augmentations, though I'd rather avoid needing replacements, if you get my meaning."

"Off course and I am glad your girlfriend now have the option if she so choose."
Carlos replied politely.

He arched an eyebrow, "I would have expected the questions 'Who are you?' and 'What do you want?'

The young man's eyes light up and he giggle.
"Well yes but I doubt many would get the joke, some I guess especially in this gathering but still."

but yes, I was looking for something like a wristwatch with a heart monitor. Something suited for a teenage girl. Or perhaps a model with a brain monitor, for an adult woman, preferably in green?"

"A watch with a heart monitor is not a problem we have this model here."
He said pointing at what looked like a regular watch with a dial but at the press of a button there was a screen.
"Measure heart rate, tythem, looks for irregularities the works and it is just a tad more advanced than sleeper tech at the moment, as in maybe five years ahead so it should not give you Paradox. The watch also store the data so you can make comparisons over time, it can keep track of how far you walk in a day, things like this. As for what fit a teenage girl I mean that depend on her tastes, we can have a custom made of this with really any design though not much smaller than this."
He said handing the watch over.
"As for a brain monitor...that is a bit more advanced and a bit further along from sleeper tech, Quint was used to make them but that is mroe of a custom job...are you thinking recording minds or more simple like able to do a EEG?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am

[TimeStop Labs]
Anja wrote:"Off course and I am glad your girlfriend now have the option if she so choose."
Carlos replied politely.
Colin smiled, "She's been offered help to gain compatibility, I've faith she'll achieve it."

Anja wrote:The young man's eyes light up and he giggle.
"Well yes but I doubt many would get the joke, some I guess especially in this gathering but still."
He chuckled softly, "It was a groundbreaking show, though... planning five seasons ahead from the start, and the casting was spectacular. Damn shame the spinoff was cancelled after one season, it could've boldly gone where no one had gone before..."

Anja wrote:"A watch with a heart monitor is not a problem we have this model here."
He said pointing at what looked like a regular watch with a dial but at the press of a button there was a screen.
"Measure heart rate, tythem, looks for irregularities the works and it is just a tad more advanced than sleeper tech at the moment, as in maybe five years ahead so it should not give you Paradox. The watch also store the data so you can make comparisons over time, it can keep track of how far you walk in a day, things like this. As for what fit a teenage girl I mean that depend on her tastes, we can have a custom made of this with really any design though not much smaller than this."
He said handing the watch over.
He smiled, "This looks perfect, though my little girl's cardiologist become a little envious. Not to worry, he's not a Sleeper, so he won't be a problem... Do you have the case in sapphire blue?"

Anja wrote:"As for a brain monitor...that is a bit more advanced and a bit further along from sleeper tech, Quint was used to make them but that is mroe of a custom job...are you thinking recording minds or more simple like able to do a EEG?"
He shook his head, "Recording is perhaps a little outside my budget, and a little more invasive than I had in mind - I was thinking of something like an EEG type, something that can give an advance warning of seizures, that sort of thing."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:39 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Colin smiled, "She's been offered help to gain compatibility, I've faith she'll achieve it."

"Ehm...I am sure she will but you know man, I don't really know your girlfriend and it feels a bit strange to discussing her in all of this details with a person I hardly know, are you sure she would appreciate this much...sharing?"
Carlos said looking a bit uncomfortable.

He chuckled softly, "It was a groundbreaking show, though... planning five seasons ahead from the start, and the casting was spectacular. Damn shame the spinoff was cancelled after one season, it could've boldly gone where no one had gone before..."

"Yeah it would have been nice if Crusade got more seasons it had potential. As fr Babylon 5 itself I mean when my dad say it was one of the first shows he ever saw with a contentious story and not episode of the week based, I mean I guess that is easier to do now with DVDs and Streaming but when relying on catching a show on cable it would be allot harder for people to get every episode and if you missed one you would get completely out of the story so I get it was hard back then to do a show like that."
The kid said.
"But yeah it is a fun show, I am not a huge fan of the ending but it is fun."

He smiled, "This looks perfect, though my little girl's cardiologist become a little envious. Not to worry, he's not a Sleeper, so he won't be a problem... Do you have the case in sapphire blue?"

"Let me see."
The young man rummaged around his stock.
"I have sky blue if that works but not sapphire blue, I can change the color for you no problem."

He shook his head, "Recording is perhaps a little outside my budget, and a little more invasive than I had in mind - I was thinking of something like an EEG type, something that can give an advance warning of seizures, that sort of thing."

"Ok ok...now that we can do, we have a bracelet here that can detect chemicals that warn of a seizure, as for actually reading brain waves that s hard to do as something worn on a wrist as most do not have their brains there. But we can make a headband or maybe a pair of earrings or a full on gaming headsets with extra features."
He offered.
"But just sensing seizures there are some sleeper tech that can do that so that is not a problem."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next