Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

--- Night ---
Colin nodded, "I do not have the means to determine whether it is a mundane cat or not - however, Madame Gottschalk did not appear to suspect anything odd about it when she sang it a lullaby. Hm, when Adley becomes an Adept... On that note, Sir, I should like a formal ranking; it seems it might become prudent for us all to know a little more certainly how powerful I am in the context of the Chantry and the current... escalation. In any case, that is not something to be done when we both are fatigued; good night, Sir."
With that, Colin wandered back to his own apartment and got a few far too short hours of sleep...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Jaq Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Afternoon airport:

Bianca shakes her head at Ryan. "I think we should focus on finding Rosa first. I would waste too much precious time explaining." she looks very disgusted as he explains what a Caul is and smirks at him as he goes on. "Is that so? Well, here I was thinking we were in some James Bond movie. I'm just glad I have you here to tell me how real life works!" she says playfully.

She dips her head respectfully at the two gentlemen as they approach, not phased by their appearance at all. Sure, it's one hell of a contrast meeting these two hideous figures after she just met Ryan, but living with the freaking hag for three years dulled her beauty sensitivity a lot, so she just doesn't care about their looks. She smiles at Collin and nods. "My name is Bianca Rizzo. I have been rescued by Ryan, yes, though I'm not sure 'guest' is the right word since I'm moving in permanently. It's a pleasure to meet both of you." she says and extends her hand to Colin.

As Coawa speaks, she takes his hand to shake, feeling slightly creep-ed out by the lack of hair, and shakes head at him. "Well, I just arrived to the city I'm not the one missing. That's Ryan's apprentice, Rosa. We split when the woman chased us and now we're trying to find her."

The girl looks between the three guys. "If there are two perfume shops perhaps we should split? They are not far from each other so if anything happens we can join again quickly. What do you think?"

(OOC: Understood. Thank you Anja!)

Chantry:

"Oh, I know that all too well." the girl winks playfully and laughs as he says old mages have fun too. She looks really happy to hear him say he's proud of her and nods. "Well, I learned from the best, and I'm not talking about just magic. I will continue to study the hag's books here so I am more prepared to help when needed." she says softly.

She nods twice at him. "Yeah, you are right. I'll try to think of her as a sane person, though I can't imagine someone who wants to destroy reality as such." she says, looking apparently confused. As he mentions his looks and the Hag's, she nods twice. "Well, I always felt you were from another age, and now everything makes sense." she says and nods again. "I know right? She did look a lot younger once and then the other day when I asked her about she said I was crazy and her appearance had never changed at all, and kept smirking. Silly hag." she says and laughs.

"This hermetic Security Chief sounds like a real sweetheart by the way you speak. I can't wait to meet him." she says and rolls her eyes, her tone is obviously sarcastic. "This Nephandus I met today is also a hermetic too." she adds softly and shrugs.

She shakes her head at him. "Oh, I didn't mean it like that. I will dedicate myself to it, what I mean is that I don't want it to take over my other duties, something that can very well happen if the business grows too much." she says and nods at his words. "Very well, I won't interfere with the plants growth, not that I am capable of such a feat yet anyways." she sighs softly.

Her smile fades immediately as he speaks of Beatrice. "That is horrible, master. Isn't there some way to cure her of this?" she says and tilts her head. "Her avatar is but she isn't? I'm not sure I understand. But then again, I never really understood this avatar thing to be quite honest." she hangs her head in shame a bit as she speaks, looking up to him again when he says he'll kill her. "Well, I normally would be against it, but this woman really does that, she deserves it. I will gladly help you with that if you need it." she says uncharacteristically cold, and looks confused all over. "Wait, so she wants to kill Bea's avatar because when she dies she might become a nephandus? That's pretty insane! Haven't you been alive for hundreds of years? Who's to say Bea won't live just as long? To do such a thing to her because of a possibility is just crazy!"
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Adley:

Patrick looks at you terrified but after a few minutes when he realize you where not reaching for him he seamed to relax a little, but only a little, finally he meet your gaze.
"Yes, that is what they told me. I had just entered high school when Vera come into my life, she started telling me things about reality, asked me questions it was so hard to answer, but then suddenly one day there was a moment it all became clear, I know now that I Awakened, and afterwards she told me that there where things in the world that would hurt people, and that I could make a difference so I joined."
The young Fallen Technocrat said.
"And yes she did teach me ways to see who are a Reality Deviant and not, and tell a bit about what sort, I can do it with a phone."
The Technomancer said he looked at the Hermetic nervously.
"Why do you ask?"

Colin:

Jeffry smiles and nods.
"Well if Miss Gottschalk did not suspect the animal to have a magickal nature then most likely it is just a pet, I will examine it anyway just to be sure though, it is better to be safe than sorry."
The old war mage said.
"Ah yes, I guess as an Orphan you have never been formally ranked, I will get another witness for tomorrow evening and we can take care of that right away, no this is not the time, but I do agree that knowing your rank is useful, if for no other reason than to be able to communicate to other mages what you can do, that is what the Sphere system was made for after all."
Jeffry nodded and made a note of Colin's request in his day planner.
"Good night Mr Wainwright."
The old war mage said as Colin left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 pm

--- Yesterday afternoon ---
Colin gently, but firmly shook Bianca's hand. "A pleasure, Miss Rizzo. Colin Wainwright. I also run a little silver shop next to the... apartment complex; perhaps you'll find some accessories there to your liking? In any case, under the circumstances, I do not think splitting up would be advisable. It is a short walk in any case."
Looking toward the gents' room, he added, "Once Mr. Karyak finishes his... communion, we can go as a group; no leaving anyone behind."

--- Workshop ---
((OOC: Assuming nothing else of interest happens after Colin returns from lunch and gets back to work on the rings and sickle.))
Around four, Colin picked up his phone and sent a message to Chief Morgan; "It seems I forgot to get a suitable time to come by today. When and where ought I report in?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm

"And yes she did teach me ways to see who are a Reality Deviant and not, and tell a bit about what sort, I can do it with a phone." The Technomancer said he looked at the Hermetic nervously. "Why do you ask?"

He nodded. "Yes. Did they also tell you about the Nephandi? That they are seekers of destruction of the world? You see, in that one thing we 'Reality Deviants' do agree with the Technocrats, that the Nephandi are dangerous, destructive..." He paused. "As much as what happened to you in Room 101 was both painful and horrible, your suffering real, what the Nephandi have offered you is not what it seems to be. It was, in fact, a greater disservice and cruelty to you to come to you in your hour of need. For the exchange you have made, while initially understandable, for who would not wish to be released from suffering, has opened you up to a path that is by far, worse not just for you but those you love and those unknown people in the future, that you will never know.

"They did not offer you a hand up from your troubles; though they saved you from pain, they saved you -for- something else, for that which is below, to drag you down, destroy all that you are and aid them in their dissolution of society. That which you sought to protect, that your mentor told you about, perhaps what you truly believed in - I cannot tell you what is in your heart, but if you look there, what is within you, your mind, whether you believe or not you possess a soul or seat of consciousness, that which is your essence, it is that which you have traded to them for temporary relief. Those voices that you can now perceive will change you over time, give this otherness, power as it slowly erodes your locus of control. But you did not know the extent of this and they used your ignorance, fear, and pain."

He looked at him sincerely. "You may try to comfort yourself and tell yourself that I am lying to you. I am not. They knew this an preyed on your moment of weakness, your desire for revenge, need for escape, sense of horror. Your humanity. Once this is inside you, this stain and darkness, these voices will eat you away until all that remains is a husk, an empty shell. A shape that looks like who you were but that which would eagerly give away everything you ever loved or cared about, that which made you truly strong within yourself. Worse still, this choice you have made unwittingly has damned that which made your mentor choose you in the first place, that eternal sense of yourself that, whether you believe or not, carries on throughout the ages after the body dies. Right now, Patrick you still have the opportunity and ability to change your fate, to see the truth and face the gravity of it. Look within yourself and ask yourself if I am lying to you. Ask yourself if you truly do not care these whispers have invaded your mind, now that they have taken a foothold, perhaps forever and only stand to gain force and traction."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Bianca, Colin and Tane afternoon:

Bianca shakes her head at Ryan. "I think we should focus on finding Rosa first. I would waste too much precious time explaining." she looks very disgusted as he explains what a Caul is and smirks at him as he goes on. "Is that so? Well, here I was thinking we were in some James Bond movie. I'm just glad I have you here to tell me how real life works!" she says playfully.

Ryan grin a little then he turn serious.
"Well my suggestion is that we just start checking out all the perfumeries starting with the closest, it is the one lead we have."
The Cultist say.
"I am sure Rosa is alright for now though, I think I would feel if something had happened to her."

As Coawa speaks, she takes his hand to shake, feeling slightly creep-ed out by the lack of hair, and shakes head at him. "Well, I just arrived to the city I'm not the one missing. That's Ryan's apprentice, Rosa. We split when the woman chased us and now we're trying to find her."

Coawa grip witness of a great strength though his touch is delicate enough.
"Hum...so all we need do is find this Rosa then before the woman that chased you both yes?"
The large man said.
"So what do we know about this girl we are looking for and how we might find her?"
Asks Coawa, Ryan speaks up.
"Your friend said she was hiding in a perfumery, I could better the chance we accidentally find the right one but magick could be sensed, though then again what your friend just did was magick to and we are not over run by Nephandi yet so it might be the best option."

The girl looks between the three guys. "If there are two perfume shops perhaps we should split? They are not far from each other so if anything happens we can join again quickly. What do you think?

"I am sure there are more then two in this place, but splitting up is not a bad idea, however because of your vision I think I should probably stay near Colin just in case I need to be stopped."
Coawa grins.
"I do not know what you should be stopped from but do est assured that I can stop you."
The wereshark grins, Ryan looks at the shifter.
"Is that so?"
"Oh yes it would be my pleasure."
"I have no doubt...you are still sore about the fish comment are you not? Listen I said I was sorry."
"Well perhaps I should make you more sorry, however I will not, fun as it might be, I was thinking that if you needed to be stopped from going somewhere or doing something, then I can do that, I have no problem holding a scrawny thing like you down."
Ryan grins at that.
"Really now, well it is not really my body doing something you need to worry about now is it, my weapons are in here."
The Cultist said and tapped his head.
"Or wherever the soul sits anywhere...but yes, splitting up or staying in one group do not matter to me as long as we get moving?"
Coawa smiles at that.
"For once we are in agreement, I have stood still to long."
The werehark said uneasily.

Bianca Chantry:

"Oh, I know that all too well." the girl winks playfully and laughs as he says old mages have fun too. She looks really happy to hear him say he's proud of her and nods. "Well, I learned from the best, and I'm not talking about just magic. I will continue to study the hag's books here so I am more prepared to help when needed." she says softly.

"Good I am glad, you will become a powerful magic user one day dear child, you will prove yourself worthy of what the old Hag taught you."

She nods twice at him. "Yeah, you are right. I'll try to think of her as a sane person, though I can't imagine someone who wants to destroy reality as such." she says, looking apparently confused. As he mentions his looks and the Hag's, she nods twice. "Well, I always felt you were from another age, and now everything makes sense." she says and nods again. "I know right? She did look a lot younger once and then the other day when I asked her about she said I was crazy and her appearance had never changed at all, and kept smirking. Silly hag." she says and laughs.

"Oh yes the Hag can change her appearance. I would not let her hear you call her silly though, not if you value your hide."
Amadeus said and grins.
"When it comes to sanity and destroying reality, it is not insane my dear if one can actually do it and have a coherent reasoning behind it, evil perhaps, but not insane."

"This hermetic Security Chief sounds like a real sweetheart by the way you speak. I can't wait to meet him." she says and rolls her eyes, her tone is obviously sarcastic. "This Nephandus I met today is also a hermetic too." she adds softly and shrugs.

"Barabbi."
Amadeus corrected mildly.
"The Nephandus you met where a Order of Hermes Barabbi, she is of the Traditions no more. I would not let Chief Morgan hear you compare the two though, that would not much please him."
The old Verbena warned.
"Not that he would lay a hand on you, but whatever one like him or not he is a Deacon of this Chantry and he is due respect."
It was very clear though that Amadeus was in the category of those that did not like The Hermetic Security Chief.

She shakes her head at him. "Oh, I didn't mean it like that. I will dedicate myself to it, what I mean is that I don't want it to take over my other duties, something that can very well happen if the business grows too much." she says and nods at his words. "Very well, I won't interfere with the plants growth, not that I am capable of such a feat yet anyways." she sighs softly.

"Very well then, we will keep your shop small. Now as for making plants grow, I suspect you will learn in time, it can be useful, but not so much for making ingredients for food or for magick, for battle however, very few are much of a threat anymore once a briar bush have invaded their bodies and ripped them to shreds from the inside out, trust me I know."
The old Verbena said with a hard look in his eyes.

Her smile fades immediately as he speaks of Beatrice. "That is horrible, master. Isn't there some way to cure her of this?" she says and tilts her head. "Her avatar is but she isn't? I'm not sure I understand. But then again, I never really understood this avatar thing to be quite honest."

Amadeus sigh sadly.
"As far as I know, once an Avatar have become inverted, it can never be cleansed, what is done is done. However why Beatrice herself is not more affected by her Avatar, I do not know, you remember her dark art, perhaps it gets it's kicks through that and leave her mind alone...I just do not know."
The old Verbena said sadly.

"Well, I normally would be against it, but this woman really does that, she deserves it. I will gladly help you with that if you need it."

"I thank you for the offer daughter but no the punishment for killing another mage in the Traditions are death, I would not want you to die as well, I will carry out my vengeance alone, also you would be no match against a Master of the Art, Vittoria D'Angelo would swat you aide like an annoying fly."
Amadeus said quite brutally, but then he had never been a man to sugar coat things.

"Wait, so she wants to kill Bea's avatar because when she dies she might become a nephandus? That's pretty insane! Haven't you been alive for hundreds of years? Who's to say Bea won't live just as long? To do such a thing to her because of a possibility is just crazy!"

"It is not a possibility Bianca it is a certainty, all life eventually die to again be reborn, we can stave this off with magick, but sooner or later something will do us in, Beatrice might die tomorrow in a car crash or live for a thousand years, but when that time is up, eventually her Avatar will be reborn and it will create a new Fallen...perhaps the D'Angelo are right in her actions, however I still will not let her have Beatrice without a fight, she is my daughter, I will protect her with my life."
Amadeus said with conviction in his voice.

Colin:

Nothing much happen at lunch, it is nice and quiet for once, when you send your message though you soon get a reply back from the Chief, as usually it is worded as a letter.
"To Mr Colin Wainwright.
"I know Adley would want a few words with you, and if he have not told you yet then we are planning a meeting at five to discuss Miss Alexander's defense, we could do the tests to determine your ranks after the meeting. Hum...one thing are you in your shop now Mr Wainwright?
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Adley:

The young prisoner look at you when you speak at at first he just look angry but after a while he looks down.

He nodded. "Yes. Did they also tell you about the Nephandi? That they are seekers of destruction of the world? You see, in that one thing we 'Reality Deviants' do agree with the Technocrats, that the Nephandi are dangerous, destructive..."

"Yes she told me but...I mean the ones I spoke to did not sound that bad, they where not the monsters she told me, a woman, her lover and his little boy apprentice, how evil could they be? The boy is hardly more than six or so."
The young Nephandus protested.

He paused. "As much as what happened to you in Room 101 was both painful and horrible, your suffering real, what the Nephandi have offered you is not what it seems to be. It was, in fact, a greater disservice and cruelty to you to come to you in your hour of need. For the exchange you have made, while initially understandable, for who would not wish to be released from suffering, has opened you up to a path that is by far, worse not just for you but those you love and those unknown people in the future, that you will never know.

"I know allot of Nephandi have crazy ideas, destroying the world and all of that, but I have free will do I not? I mean the voices whisper to me but I can choose if I am going to listen can I not?"
The young man said then he looked away and there was a deep pain in his eyes.
"It was not just Room 101...it was the reason I was put there..."
The prisoner say, tears begun to flow down his cheeks and he tried to move his hands to wipe them away but all he did was yank at the cuffs holding him. In a very low voice he mutters.
"You do not understand Reality Deviant, I had to get out of the Construct...the Director he...he..."
The boy turned back and his eyes burned with anger.
"He would come to my room almost every night and...when I tried to tell my mentor...or anyone else he would send me to Room 101, I could not escape, I could do nothing but just endure it, but the Nephandi they gave me a way out...they killed him, they killed that bastard, and perhaps with a world that is so fucked up it is not so bad if it get destroyed."
The young Fallen whispered angrily.

"They did not offer you a hand up from your troubles; though they saved you from pain, they saved you -for- something else, for that which is below, to drag you down, destroy all that you are and aid them in their dissolution of society. That which you sought to protect, that your mentor told you about, perhaps what you truly believed in -

"B...but they said I would still have free will, they said that when I stepped into that...thing...that it would only make me able to hear the Outsider Things, but that I would get to decide what to do and I do not want to...I mean I do want to hurt those who deserve it and I...but it is my free will is it not? I decide what to do...do I not?"
Patrick sounded rather confused and scared.

I cannot tell you what is in your heart, but if you look there, what is within you, your mind, whether you believe or not you possess a soul or seat of consciousness, that which is your essence, it is that which you have traded to them for temporary relief. Those voices that you can now perceive will change you over time, give this otherness, power as it slowly erodes your locus of control. But you did not know the extent of this and they used your ignorance, fear, and pain."

"But they got me out of there, got me out of the Construct, and they did not hurt me...well the Caul thing that...hurt...it hurt allot...but...I stepped into it willingly, the Nephandi have not hurt me other than that, and as soon as I am captured by the Technocracy they torture me, my own mentor tortured me...and you are going to torture me as well are you not? Unless I talk you are going to hurt me? So how can you say that the group that have not harmed me are evil and the groups that have are not?"
Patrick muttered angrily.

He looked at him sincerely. "You may try to comfort yourself and tell yourself that I am lying to you. I am not. They knew this an preyed on your moment of weakness, your desire for revenge, need for escape, sense of horror. Your humanity. Once this is inside you, this stain and darkness, these voices will eat you away until all that remains is a husk, an empty shell. A shape that looks like who you were but that which would eagerly give away everything you ever loved or cared about, that which made you truly strong within yourself.

The boy looked down, he did not want to believe your words, but he probably had felt how much the voices had taken already, and he feared that your words where true, for a while Patrick did not speak he just looked down fearfully, trying to ignore your words, but not being completely able to do so.

Worse still, this choice you have made unwittingly has damned that which made your mentor choose you in the first place, that eternal sense of yourself that, whether you believe or not, carries on throughout the ages after the body dies.

"My True Genius? That is what Vera call it, that things that connect me to the energy source that let me do things with technology that others can not...but it is just a part of my brain is not not, a lobe or something, that is what Vera says."
The young Fallen say but he do not look like he completely believed that himself.
"We are supposed to take medication so we do not get influenced by the voices of our Geniuses, the medication make it harder to hear them, but I..often did not take mine for at night, when the Director had...visited me..."
Patrick shook slightly and looked away.
"It would sing, none else could hear it but me, but my Genius would sing for me until I managed to sleep, it do not sing anymore, I have not heard it's voice since I stepped into that thing...all I hear are the voices whispering now."
The young Technomancer muttered sadly.
"But it is just a part of my brain right, some sort of super ego or something, it is not like there is a person living inside of me that...will no longer talk to me that is so different now."

Right now, Patrick you still have the opportunity and ability to change your fate, to see the truth and face the gravity of it. Look within yourself and ask yourself if I am lying to you. Ask yourself if you truly do not care these whispers have invaded your mind, now that they have taken a foothold, perhaps forever and only stand to gain force and traction."

"B...but they saved me...the Director can not hurt me anymore and..."
Patrick looks down.
"I...I do not know what to believe."
The young man whispered sadly.
"I feel like I am standing on a melding piece of ice with only a dark sea beneath me...but they said I would have free will, they said that."
The Technomancer whispered.
"But I sure wish it would sing again...but it never will...will it?"
Patrick looks up at you sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:14 pm

"You do not understand Reality Deviant, I had to get out of the Construct...the Director he...he..." The boy turned back and his eyes burned with anger. "He would come to my room almost every night and...when I tried to tell my mentor...or anyone else he would send me to Room 101, I could not escape, I could do nothing but just endure it, but the Nephandi they gave me a way out...they killed him, they killed that bastard, and perhaps with a world that is so fucked up it is not so bad if it get destroyed."

He frowned as he listened, feeling a great anger grow inside of him but he waited until he had finished explaining. "There are more monsters than the Nephandi, there are many types of evil in this world. It is true that man was amongst their numbers. I am not sorry that Director is dead, though that he was a catalyst to your fall, that I wish were different. Yet it is not. Is there not one person in your heart that you love and respect, even your own Self? Would you rather have nothing at all, oblivion, or both the opportunity for both pain and joy, if not for yourself, than for other people in this world?"

"B...but they said I would still have free will, they said that when I stepped into that...thing...that it would only make me able to hear the Outsider Things, but that I would get to decide what to do and I do not want to...I mean I do want to hurt those who deserve it and I...but it is my free will is it not? I decide what to do...do I not?"

Adley did not answer the Nephandi, preferring for him to seek out the answer that was most true for his situation. He recalled what his pater had said, that there were those that could happily walk old ladies across the street while tearing the fabric of reality apart.

"...and you are going to torture me as well are you not? Unless I talk you are going to hurt me? So how can you say that the group that have not harmed me are evil and the groups that have are not?"

"I am not the worst threat in this room and there are worse fates than pain. That threat is within you already, it is the darkness and the whispers. I am not saying that what the Director did to you was not evil, it most undoubtedly -was- evil. Yet you have traded one evil for a different evil, one that you do not understand...they tricked you and stole something from you in the process...that hurt is far greater than any I or any other could ever inflict upon you. It is worse than death itself, the torture, or what you faced when you were in the Construct. For even then, you remained true to yourself.

Patrick shook slightly and looked away."It would sing, none else could hear it but me, but my Genius would sing for me until I managed to sleep, it do not sing anymore, I have not heard it's voice since I stepped into that thing...all I hear are the voices whispering now..."I feel like I am standing on a melding piece of ice with only a dark sea beneath me...but they said I would have free will, they said that."
The Technomancer whispered. "But I sure wish it would sing again...but it never will...will it?"

"Hearken," he said after a few moments of the boy's story and questions. "Your choices now are to consider the following as your 'free will' and song remain in your memory before the whispers overcome you. While you remember what it was to have the light of your true genius. If you can understand that the Nephandi seek to do this to others, to take away their light, their songs, silence them and fill them with the restless dark lies and whispers in languages from beyond, even in the name of destroying another evil it is only to make their sway stronger still. Patrick, now is the time to see what that caul was, the doorway to the other plane, that allowed you to become their vessel. You are now standing with both feet the formless sea of oblivion. You can choose to tell us about those that tempted you when you needed help the most, so that this may never happen again to another person, decrease their eternal suffering.

"Or you can remain silent and in doing so agree that this world and all people in it, everything you were and your song are nothing, mean nothing, that there is not one good thing left that you love, not yourself, not your song. That you choose to extinguish the memory of your light until the end of time and space, condemn your song to discord in every life after the one you suffer now, that you seek that oblivion for all other lights and songs in the universe. That you drown yourself in that eternal sea and would take us all with you into the silence."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:38 pm

--- Yesterday afternoon ---
Colin shrugged, and gave Ryan a half-smile. "Well, I suppose a gently applied complicated leg fracture and concussion would suffice to keep you from going places you should not, but it really would be impractical to do in such a public place. I propose we simply get moving and check each perfume shop in order, starting with the nearest."

--- Today, workshop ---
Colin smiled at the incorrigible message style. "Five sharp it is. And yes, I am in my shop at the moment; will be closing up in about half an hour. How so?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Adley:

He frowned as he listened, feeling a great anger grow inside of him but he waited until he had finished explaining. "There are more monsters than the Nephandi, there are many types of evil in this world. It is true that man was amongst their numbers. I am not sorry that Director is dead, though that he was a catalyst to your fall, that I wish were different. Yet it is not. Is there not one person in your heart that you love and respect, even your own Self? Would you rather have nothing at all, oblivion, or both the opportunity for both pain and joy, if not for yourself, than for other people in this world?"

The young Fallen looked down.
"I...I love my mentor."
Patrick begun, he hesitated.
"And my parents and sister, I guess I do not want the world to end but...the voices do...the voice want everything to end..."
The prisoner said he seamed confused about what you where telling him.

"I am not the worst threat in this room and there are worse fates than pain.

Patrick glanced at Jeffry with terrified eyes, he seamed to completely agree that you where not the biggest threat in the room, though your mentor where not the threat you meant, the prisoner could not help but think it.

That threat is within you already, it is the darkness and the whispers. I am not saying that what the Director did to you was not evil, it most undoubtedly -was- evil. Yet you have traded one evil for a different evil, one that you do not understand...they tricked you and stole something from you in the process...that hurt is far greater than any I or any other could ever inflict upon you. It is worse than death itself, the torture, or what you faced when you were in the Construct. For even then, you remained true to yourself.

"I...but..."
The young man looked down again, he fought against what you where telling him, he did not want to believe it and yet it seamed like a part of him where beginning to.
"I...am afraid of loosing myself to those voices, they never said it would be like this, that I would change, my personality, who I am..."
He muttered quietly.

"Hearken," he said after a few moments of the boy's story and questions. "Your choices now are to consider the following as your 'free will' and song remain in your memory before the whispers overcome you. While you remember what it was to have the light of your true genius. If you can understand that the Nephandi seek to do this to others, to take away their light, their songs, silence them and fill them with the restless dark lies and whispers in languages from beyond, even in the name of destroying another evil it is only to make their sway stronger still. Patrick, now is the time to see what that caul was, the doorway to the other plane, that allowed you to become their vessel. You are now standing with both feet the formless sea of oblivion. You can choose to tell us about those that tempted you when you needed help the most, so that this may never happen again to another person, decrease their eternal suffering.

"I...am a Nephandus now...I am loyal I..but they saved me!"
Patrick said but he sounded less sure of that himself now.
"I do not know what I want anymore or what I think or what to do, part of me want to just destroy until I am destroyed , and another part of me are just so tired and just want to go home to my parents and sister and hide...I do not know what is me anymore...and what are the whispers."
The young mage said in a desperate tone of voice.
"And I guess that is proof that what you say is the truth Reality Deviant...that they tricked me and that what lives inside of me now will gain control completely. I do want to remember that song that the Genius sang to me, and I do not want them to do this to others."
Patrick looked down.
"But if I betray the Nephandi now, what do I then have left? Not the Technocracy, not my mentor, they are all I have left, but I guess that after I talk and you get what you want from me then your Traditions will kill me, so that is not...something for me to worry about."
The young Fallen Technocrat drew a deep breath and nodded.
"O....ok if it can prevent them from doing the same to others, I will tell you what you want to know, but I do not know very much. Ask your questions."
Patrick said then he looked away again and muttered.
"Do you think the thing that sang to me hate me now Reality Deviant? I know it is a stupid question it is just a part of my brain right? But..still do you think it hates me for stepping into that Caul?"

Colin airport:

Ryan grinned though there was a hint of well hidden seriousness and fear behind that smile.
"Well I prefer my bones in one piece...however yes better than than other thing...I agree though, as soon as Tane is done with his...ehm chat, we should get going, the sooner the better."
The Cultist said, concerned about the safety of his mentor.

Colin workshop:

You get another "letter" back.
"To Mr Colin Wainwright.
I ask because I would like to ask a personal favor, I assume given your profession you know what jewels women like, I would like to look at a gift for a lady, one of simple but elegant tastes, the gift should be fine enough to impress but not extravagant enough to offend, do you have a recommendation Mr Wainwright? This off course have nothing to do with Chantry business and is strictly a...personal matter.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 pm

--- Workshop ---
Colin chuckled softly to himself, "Morgan, you sly old dog, Master Steelhaven was entirely correct about not speculating..."
Contemplating his options, he replied, "Presumably, a ring would be rather too forward; I might recommend a brooch or necklace with a large, classic centerpiece. I would have to inquire a little more about the intended recipient; any particular inclinations she might have in terms of gemstones, or perhaps her birthdate? (Day and month will do; one never inquires about the year.)"
Letting out an uncharacteristic giggle in the privacy of his own Sanctum, Colin neatly wrapped the two wedding bands, and added a little card reading "All the best wishes on this most important day of your lives, yours, Colin Wainwright" to the package. Then he headed upstairs, still smiling, and looked over what suitable finished pieces were in stock.
"It's been a good day today, Miss Jones - a lovely young couple will be by in a couple of days to retrieve their wedding rings here, and a grizzled old colleague of mine seems to be revisiting a spring of his own. It's so delightful when love makes the world a little brighter, don't you think?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:41 pm

"To Mr Colin Wainwright
Well the lady in question she look far younger than she is, ehm...she likes to put blue stripes in her hair. I do not know her birth date and if I did would probably not disclose the information for numerological information, what I have seen her wearing are simple pieces without much in the way of stones and decorations.Keep in min though that while she looks quite young she is a Master of the Art.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Miss Jones smiles to you.
"I will make sure that the young couple get their rings Sir."
The middle aged woman says.
"And yes it is quite lovely when someone find love, there are so much ugliness in the wold Mr Wainwright, anything that brighten it is a boon."
The clerk said as she finished cleaning of the counter with a wash cloth, it was important to keep things neat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:48 pm

"I...am afraid of loosing myself to those voices, they never said it would be like this, that I would change, my personality, who I am..."
He muttered quietly.

"No, they did not." Or that his fate would be passed on, they did not tell him that either. Even if he managed to stave off the influences for many years, the whispers would grow louder. As Patrick wrestled with the unfortunate implications of what he was telling him, Adley waited quietly until he came to some sort of decision at his personal Rubicon. He hadn't had much of a choice before and there was not much of one now, but there was more to him at stake.

But if I betray the Nephandi now, what do I then have left? Not the Technocracy, not my mentor, they are all I have left, but I guess that after I talk and you get what you want from me then your Traditions will kill me, so that is not...something for me to worry about."
The young Fallen Technocrat drew a deep breath and nodded. "O....ok if it can prevent them from doing the same to others, I will tell you what you want to know, but I do not know very much. Ask your questions."

"Very well. Patrick, I want you to tell me about the Nephandi you have met or heard referenced - not just those that brought you to the caul, but also other Nephandi that you know: their names, their titles, what they look and act like, where they meet, how many there are. What their habits are, what their plans or hits are, who their friends and contacts currently are, what kind of cars they drive or mundane holdings they have aquired. Tell me about how they took you, what their methods were, what weapons and magick they prefer or any other calling cards they have. I want you to think back on your time with them, examine it carefully and tell us as much as you can. Do not think details are insignificant, and even if you don't understand, explain to the best of your ability." When he was done giving the general overview, he waited for the answers to come in and then looked sideways towards his pater to see if he had anything to add or if he had missed anything to ask the boy.

Patrick said then he looked away again and muttered."Do you think the thing that sang to me hate me now Reality Deviant? I know it is a stupid question it is just a part of my brain right? But..still do you think it hates me for stepping into that Caul?"

Adley frowned. "I do not think it is a stupid question but it is not one that I can answer for you. I cannot speak on behalf of your avatar...True Genius...and now it is silent even to you. All I can say is that it once sang to you when you needed to be comforted. Now there are darkness and whispers in its place."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *forgot something)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:53 am

"No, they did not." Or that his fate would be passed on, they did not tell him that either. Even if he managed to stave off the influences for many years, the whispers would grow louder. As Patrick wrestled with the unfortunate implications of what he was telling him, Adley waited quietly until he came to some sort of decision at his personal Rubicon. He hadn't had much of a choice before and there was not much of one now, but there was more to him at stake.

"Passed on? I do not understand, how could it be passed on? You are thinking about reincarnation, I...was told there where no such thing, that there can be memories passed down through dna and nothing else."
Patrick muttered.
"All other beliefs on the matter, and certainly a belief in reincarnation are Deviancy."

When you ask him to tell what he know the young Fallen look hesitant for a moment then he begin to talk.
"I do not know so much, I was approached when out buying groceries, a man named Darwin Tirell, he gave me his card and simply said that when I wanted out of the Construct...to call him. That same night the Director he...he came to my room and I...I just could not take it anymore so I called, I did not know what would happen but I made an excuse that I wanted fresh air and I left, Tirell picked me up and he begun to tell me about the Nephandi, that they could help me...first I just wanted to get out of that car but when he promised that no one would ever touch me like that...again...I agreed."

Patrick took a deep breath before he continued speaking.
"Tirell drove a old red Ford, he put a blindfold on me and we drove, first there where many stops indicating we where in the city but then there where about twenty minute of a road without interruptions and then I was taken out of the room and into a house, the house sounded like a store of some kind and I smelled metal and oil, then I was taken over into extra dimensional space, or at least I think I was and finally the blindfold where removed, we where in a strange building, the walls where alive, I mean there where eyes that would turn and look at you and mouths that never stopped screaming, I thought I would piss myself. I was taken down into this huge ritual room, in the middle of it was this thing that looked like...well it looked like a lady part, I was asked to remove my clothes and step into it, of my own free will, and I was promised safety. I did and..."
The young man turned pale.
"I do not want to talk about what happened inside the Caul."
He said, his skin had turned pale just by thinking back on it.
"I did not know such pain existed."
Patrick shuddered.
"Afterwards I was taken to a room to rest and the driven home, I where to help them get into the Construct, I did and four of my former Constructmates where slain, including the Director, then the Nephandi stole some hard drives with information, I do not know what was on them though, and we went back, they did not trust me yet so again I was blindfolded.

"Once we where back in the Labyrinth I only spent about two weeks there before I was captured, I saw oh twenty different people, but I do not know all of their names, there where Lisa Olsen, she is a middle aged blond woman she had this harsh, sour face and blue eyes, she likes to wear trench coats, and her husband Ojan or something, he is really creepy he have these eyes everywhere, and his apprentice who's name I was never told. The there are twin women, Mina and Gabrielle Rice they are real pretty with long blond hair and pretty brown eyes, and an old man Rich Agness, he was always kind to me, the other did not present themselves with names to me, I guess I had to earn their trust first...it seam they where right not to trust me..."
Patrick say then he sigh.
"Other than that I do not know much other than that Lisa seam to be the boss for now but that they are waiting for someone titled Gilledian to lead once the Labyrinth where complete. I do not know their plans but they said something about picking of the weakest Chantries in the region first and gather recruits from there and said something about getting some poisonous creatures to threaten prisoners with unless they willingly stepped into the Caul. Lisa also seam desperate to get a Time mage...but I do not know all of this I heard in passing, none of them said anything directly to me, I was given a room, food and drink and mostly ignored...when they did not ask questions about the Technocracy in the city."
The young Fallen said and looked down.
"That is all I know."

Jeffry lean down so he can whisper to you.
"We need to stop them before they get their Gilledian, a Lord of the Labyrinth...also we need to warn the weaker Chantries...I would like to ask him about the Union as well but time might be of the essence here."
The old mage said he seamed quite concerned.

Adley frowned. "I do not think it is a stupid question but it is not one that I can answer for you. I cannot speak on behalf of your avatar...True Genius...and now it is silent even to you. All I can say is that it once sang to you when you needed to be comforted. Now there are darkness and whispers in its place."

Patrick looks down shamefully.
"It did not want me to go in...into the Caul I mean, it screamed and clawed in my mind, but I told myself it was just a part of my brain and nothing more, that it was just me having second thoughts, I am not proud of having hurt it...for a while it was my only friend..."
The young Fallen say in a barely audible whisper.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:17 am

--- Shop ---
Colin smiled to himself and picked out a simple oval locket in Sterling silver, about an inch and a half long, and an inch wide, suspended on a matching chain. He opened it up and took a quick photo of it in his hand, attaching it to a message to Morgan, "For simplicity, then, I suggest this eighty dollar locket, well suited to store a picture or two, and perhaps a more personal memento. If you like, I can gift wrap it for you. As an extra service, I can offer a personal engraving, free of charge."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:15 am

He listened to what Patrick had to say about his time with the Nephandi; oh but this was not good news. At least they had yet to find a time mage, at least by what Patrick knew. Still, over twenty followers already was a solid show with summonings or creatures of some kind to coerce. This was not going to be easy.

Jeffry lean down so he can whisper to you."We need to stop them before they get their Gilledian, a Lord of the Labyrinth...also we need to warn the weaker Chantries...I would like to ask him about the Union as well but time might be of the essence here." The old mage said he seamed quite concerned.

Adley kept looking ahead as he heard his pater speak and then he decided to ask, "Yet they are not only targeting Chantries are they? They targeted your Construct as well. What did you tell them about the Technocracy, Patrick?"

If they were going to try to pull followers and convert them from both the Technocracy and the Traditions, then it stood to reason they'd use his knowledge to formulate hits. Though they might not be able to know exactly which of the smaller Chantries or which Constructs would be hit first, aside from their own villa, which was more happenstance and fallout, it at least gave them something to go on. That and the fact they were keen to use first social engineering to get them into their space and then...to get them into the caul, anything it took.

"It did not want me to go in...into the Caul I mean, it screamed and clawed in my mind, but I told myself it was just a part of my brain and nothing more, that it was just me having second thoughts, I am not proud of having hurt it...for a while it was my only friend..." The young Fallen say in a barely audible whisper.

"It was trying to warn you; in retrospect, you don't believe it was just part of your mind, now do you? Just your DNA?" It was not something he relished doing, telling him he'd corrupted his avatar. That this thing he had not known existed was now silent to him, his only friend gone. "But what you have told us will help us to prevent this from occurring to others. If there is anything else that you remember, now is the time to Speak of it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:42 am

Tane went out looking for Ryan: If he didn't find him, he would go to the perfume shop
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:26 am

Colin workshop:

A bit of time went by then you get another very formal reply.
"To Mr Colin Wainwright
This thing can receive images? Will wonders never cease. The locket looks perfect. Yes Mr Wainwright I would like an engraving, it should say: To Cita with great admiration JM. Thank you for your aid Mr Wainwrith, please come buy my office for your payment at you convenience.
Be Well
Jeffy Morgan."

Adley:

Adley kept looking ahead as he heard his pater speak and then he decided to ask, "Yet they are not only targeting Chantries are they? They targeted your Construct as well. What did you tell them about the Technocracy, Patrick?"

"I told them everything I knew, which where not that much I was a pretty low level operative so I only really knew about my own Construct. I also know about the airport but I did not tell them about that, I did not want them to hurt the Void Engineers there, they have always been kind to me."
The young mage said and looked down.
"Yes they targeted the Construct but they where driven off before they could take prisoners."

"It was trying to warn you; in retrospect, you don't believe it was just part of your mind, now do you? Just your DNA?" It was not something he relished doing, telling him he'd corrupted his avatar. That this thing he had not known existed was now silent to him, his only friend gone. "But what you have told us will help us to prevent this from occurring to others. If there is anything else that you remember, now is the time to Speak of it."

Patrick got tears in his eyes.
"No I do not believe it was part of my mind, it spoke and sang and interacted with me as if it was another being, and now all I get is silence, my Enlightened Science are stronger than before, but where I wound felt love, there is now only hate, for everything."
The young Fallen muttered.
"What have been done can not be undone can it? The thing that once sang to me, and spoke, sometimes in words I could understand and sometimes in words that meant nothing to me but which was still comforting and kind, it will just be an entity of darkness and hate forever now?"
Muttered the boy his eyes far off as the true horror of what he had seen as his rescue finally dawned on him.
"I...do not remember much more, oh yes one thing they whee very careful with the Caul, indicating the Labyrinth would fall apart without it, but that it was young and weak and that it needed something to grow strong or fully formed or something, they wanted to sacrifice something to it to make it strong but I do not know what."
The young man said then he muttered.
"Forgive me..."
But those words where not directed to either you or Jeffry Morgan.

Your mentor bend down to whisper to you again, speaking Greek to lessen the chance the prisoner would understand.
"Damned it, very well time to bite the sour apple, I hate it but we have to warm the Union about this as well, if the Fallen will be targeting their weaker Constructs, we have to let them know about it, better Technocrats than Fallen Technocrats. Now a for a Time Mage, Mr Darehill was targeted last night, he got away safely but they knew enough about us and our membership to know his favored Sphere."
The old mage said and sounded very concerned.
"We need to find out how they knew and also make sure everyone registered Adept or above in the Sphere of Time are protected and preferably do not venture out alone."

Tane:

As you leave the bath room you see Ryan, Colin, Coawa and a pretty red haired woman dressed as a hippie stand there and waiting for you, the red head is probably the one you recommended be checked to see that she is who she say she is.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:31 am

"I told them everything I knew, which where not that much I was a pretty low level operative so I only really knew about my own Construct. I also know about the airport but I did not tell them about that, I did not want them to hurt the Void Engineers there, they have always been kind to me. Yes they targeted the Construct but they where driven off before they could take prisoners."

"Can you tell me what you told them?"

"What have been done can not be undone can it? The thing that once sang to me, and spoke, sometimes in words I could understand and sometimes in words that meant nothing to me but which was still comforting and kind, it will just be an entity of darkness and hate forever now?"

Adley did not say anything but he looked at the boy with something like mournfulness in his eyes, there for a moment before he looked down to gather himself. It was hard to hate him, only what was done to him, what had brought him to where he was now. But he did not have the answer he wanted to hear, that they could fix it, because he did not know how, not yet. And there was the very real knowledge that he was going to go to trial and would see punishment. He looked up again as he continued speaking about the caul, lips pressed together.

"Damned it, very well time to bite the sour apple, I hate it but we have to warm the Union about this as well, if the Fallen will be targeting their weaker Constructs, we have to let them know about it, better Technocrats than Fallen Technocrats.

He could not remember a single time he'd ever heard his pater say such a thing; -warn- the Technocrats. He supposed it would be most natural to send the warning with Vera, when she went.

Now a for a Time Mage, Mr Darehill was targeted last night, he got away safely but they knew enough about us and our membership to know his favored Sphere." The old mage said and sounded very concerned.

<Greek>"No names. Someone inside or they are watching us carefully. Both. Consider who might be tempted by them. If the first approach did not succeed they may try something else."

"We need to find out how they knew and also make sure everyone registered Adept or above in the Sphere of Time are protected and preferably do not venture out alone."

<Greek>"Yes; if they do not take them from here, they will find them elsewhere. Are we done here?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:35 am

"Can you tell me what you told them?"

"I told them about the Construct, it is located in a huge office building down by the docks, it is called the Miller building, the Construct is bellow it. There are nineteen Awakened that are connected to it, but not all live there and twenty five Extraordinary Citizens...ehm I think you call them Hedge Wizards...and we have six HIT Marks. I told them about the Director that lead the Construct, but he is now dead and good riddance. I also gave them access codes for the doors, but I can not imagine that those have not been changed."

<Greek>"No names. Someone inside or they are watching us carefully. Both. Consider who might be tempted by them. If the first approach did not succeed they may try something else."

Jeffry nodded and replied in Greek.
"You are right, no names. Well you know your Cabal member will fall under suspicion, the situation for her is looking more and more grim, however I know for a fact she do not leave the Chantry without her mentor's permission, and never alone, but yes now everyone is a suspect."
The old mage said then he sigh.

<Greek>"Yes; if they do not take them from here, they will find them elsewhere. Are we done here?"

"Yes we are done here, I will need to get back to my office and start working on this, I will make sure the prisoner have what he was promised, a more comfortable way to be restrained and a hot meal."
Jeffry said then he sigh, he looked concerned, what the young Fallen had told them where not good news, not good news at all and the knowledge that they might have someone working with the Nephandi at the Chantry did not please the old man, such a thing could destroy their unity.
"Be very careful what of what you have heard here today you reveal to the other Chantry members, they need to know the danger, but do not need to start suspecting one another."
The old war mage said, still in Greek.
"But yes we are done here, we got what we needed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:55 am

"I told them about the Construct...I also gave them access codes for the doors, but I can not imagine that those have not been changed."

"Thank you Patrick."

"Yes we are done here, I will need to get back to my office and start working on this, I will make sure the prisoner have what he was promised, a more comfortable way to be restrained and a hot meal."

<Greek>"He should also be watched so he does not try to harm himself."

He looked back at the teenager after he conversed for a moment in Greek with his pater. Then he said to him, "You will be given something to eat soon. Something warm." He looked at him a moment longer and then finally stood back up, waiting to leave.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 am

Jeffry nodded and replied in Greek.
"I agree I will let Ingmar know to keep close attention."
The old mage said then he calmly walked over to the young prisoner. Patrick slinks away but Jeffry speaks calmly to him.
"I mean you no harm, I will adjust your restraints."
He say, there where little mercy in his voice but there where a hint of compassion. The old Hermetic gently pushed Patrick forward so he could have access to his bound hands, then he fiddle with the restraints for a moment before he unclasp one of the cuffs and bring the young man's arms forward, Patrick winced he had been bound so long that his shoulders screamed a protest at the movement, though he looked a bit more comfortable when Jeffry re locked the cuff around his wrist in front so the boy could sit with his hands in his lap, then the old war mage slowly stood.

Patrick looks up at you and nods.
"Thank you..."
He mutters before he sadly look away again, what you have told him have been a shock, and while you managed to get him to talk without physical torture, the now dawning realization of just what he had done, might be more painful than anything your mentor could have done to him.

Jeffry Morgan walks towards the door.
"Let us go, after your meeting, if there is time before I have to go on my errand, I would like to see you in my office."
The old mage said before he opened the door and waited for you to get out as well before he locked it again, to Ingmar he said.
"I will be sending someone down with a meal for the prisoner Mr Rush, also keep a close watch on him so he do not harm himself."
The Verbena merely nodded and said nothing.

9 am in the morning:

Beatrice had tried the ritual Adley had taught her twice, though he suspected it would take some time before she mastered it, words and sounds in ritual where difficult, however the working did let her feel energy, feel her magick there and it was harmless so it was a simple way to calm herself down when she got to scared. Around nine, not wanting to be late the young Verbena simply wrote a note that she hung on her door for Tane.

"Mr Karyak, the Cabal will be meeting two doors down and across the hallway, I will be waiting for you there."

Then the young blood with took the tea she had brewed with her, hung the note on her door so the Dreamspeaker would know where to go when he showed up at her door as her text message as asked, and then she walks over to Adley's door and lightly tap it, it would be a good thing for the entire Cabal to get together and discuss after all that had happened over the last few days.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 pm

---Yesterday Afternoon, Airport ---
"Ah, Tane, there you are. I believe our missing apprentice is the one in the perfume shop; shall we be off?"

--- Workshop ---
Colin quickly brought the locket down to the workshop and engraved the dedication on the back of the locket (Dex + Crafts 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 0, for the record), cleaned it a bit, and placed it in a small box covered in blue velvet. Then he neatly wrapped it in a gold-and-blue striped wrapping paper, affixed a small ribbon, and fished out a simple card before heading back out. "Very good, Miss Jones, I shall have to call it a day. I'll be delivering this in person, and I have a meeting shortly. Good evening."
Then, he made his way directly to Morgan's office and knocked on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Yesterday airport:

Ryan indicate the airport with his hand.
"The way I remember it the main commercial area of the airport is a semi circle so we should be able to just go from one to another and if we keep our eyes open we should be able to see Rosa if she leaves her hiding spot."
The Cultist suggest as he give a slight nod to Tane.

Workshop:

The engraving work are something you can do in your sleep, however this time you seam to be particularly inspired and the lines are perfect, the letters curve softly, the depth of the engraving are perfectly even, in short the job could not have been done better and where sure to impress.

Miss Jones smiles.
"As you wish Mr Wainwright, I will be here until closing time, have a good afternoon Sir."
The clerk said.
"Do let me know if you will be needing anything."

You knock on Jeffry Morgan's office door and the old mage open the door to let you in, he gave you a nod as he returned to his seat, if the chaos of the last few days where getting to him he did not look it, he where as gruff as ever.
"Good afternoon Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said as he fished his private wallet up of a pocked in the coat he had tossed over a chair and found the correct sum for the locket and a good tip and placed the money on the desk before you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

--- Morgan's Office ---
Colin presented the little gift-wrapped package and the unsigned card, and smoothly counted the money, noting down the sum in his little notebook. "You are in a most generous mood today, Sir. Would you like a receipt, as well?"
Checking his watch, he added in a more serious tone, "I make it eight minutes to five - is there perchance something you'd like to take up prior to the strategy meeting?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Jeffry put the little package into his coat pocket and nodded.
"When I was a young man, craftsmen had a high status Mr Wainwright, I appreciate those that still make things with their hands and items that are not just stenciled out by machines. I do not need a receipt, this item is something I buy personally with my own resources, simply a gift for a friend."
The old mage said before he sat down.
"Yes indeed there is one thing I would like to address with you."
Jeffry Mogan said and leaned back in his chair.
"Is is a part of a greater topic that I will let Adley address."
The old mage said, thinking his concerns about the Orphans well meaning promise would be better addressed by Adley some of the practical issues however he would bring up himself to free up some of his apprentice's time.
"It is about Patrick Dale, the former Technocrat, now Nephandi prisoner. I understand that you have made a promise to Agent Kessinger concerning the boy's fate. Now there are concerns about this that I will leave for Adley to explain, but let me ask you, do you still with to honor this promise, even if Agent Kessinger no longer remember your face, nor her time at the Chantry?"
The old war mage said then he explained.
"It was necessary to make sure she could not make out the faces of member of this Chantry in a crowd or remembered things that could help her find her way back her."
Jeffry said and there was just a hint of a shudder there, the old mage did not take using magick to affect someone's mind lightly.
"The prisoner will be sent to Horizon for trial, though the outcome of that trial is pretty much a given, do you wish me to arrange for you to go to Horizon to fulfill the promise you made when Mr Dale's trial have completed?"
Jeffry said, his voice was serious but his face had it's usual gruff expression.

(OOC: This conversation would be held right before the strategy meeting Thursday afternoon in Jeffry Morgan's office, just so none get confused about what happens when. Since there is allot happening behind the scenes I do not think we should advance time beyond the strategy meeting at five for any scene before some of the others have caught up. However the strategy meeting is sure to take some time and there are discussions between the Cabal members, phone calls to make and other such things that might happen before it meaning you should all have something to do until the scene at the airport is done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next