Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am

"I can try to help putting up defenses on your mind, but I have never tried to set up such defenses for others so I do not know if it will work, and off course there is a trust issue involved."
Hannah offered then she sigh she gave Colin a worried look.
"You really do look like you are ready to drop big guy."
The young woman muttered.
"Anyway I should get to setting up wards and see what I can do to give us a little more protection."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Don't worry, i'd write it down on a file.

How do i know how much i need to dilude the quintessence, and in what do i do that? It's not like if you put it on water and he drinks it. Also, how do you put it directly to the avatar?

Withdrawal? it doesn't always work?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Don't worry, i'd write it down on a file.

"Well I am sure that will be useful for keeping a record yes, but it will still just be an observation written down. I store a scan of an Avatar, like a scan of anything physical, it is incomplete off course since these being are infinitively wast but still it is a scan, carrying wast amounts of information."
Cita commented then she smiles.

How do i know how much i need to dilute the quintessence, and in what do i do that? It's not like if you put it on water and he drinks it. Also, how do you put it directly to the avatar?

"With tass you could dilute it in water, but tass will not give the same result, here is where I do not know how to explain it do you, I infuse into into junk code, basically code that do nothing and then merge that with the data stream of the Avatar itself...I am not sure how a mystic would do it."
The technomancer explained.
"The first question really are if you are able to touch and manipulate Ephemera at such a complex level. Now I know these rankings we use have their limitations, they say nothing about the individual Paradigm but it can give some indication, what are your rank in what the Hermetics call the Sphere of Spirit Mr Karyak?"

Withdrawal? it doesn't always work?

Cita sigh she glanced at Tobias as if she was not sure how much she should say.
"It always works in the sense that when a...ghoul, that is what the vampires call them, are deprived of that cursed blood they go into withdrawal just like a drug addict would, and once that is over and the blood is out of their system they are clean. However getting of vampire blood is one of the more...difficult withdrawal processes, it is worse than heroin..."
The Virtual Adept hesitated and Tobias looks down he draw his knees up to his chest and wrap his thin arms around them where he sits on the old sofa.
"Just tell me please Ma'am, I am going to find out sooner or later right?"
He muttered and Cita sigh.
"Well...ehm, most healthy, young people who have not been on the blood so long that a sudden onset of aging is a problem survives the process...they will feel like shit for a good while but they survive but for a mage...well it is not just the physical body that are addicted, the Avatar is as well, and in their weakened state it is not certain that either soul nor host will survive...well let us just say I will have my work cut out for me."
The Spirit Healer muttered and sat down next to the boy and patted his shoulder before she glanced up at Tane. Tobias said nothing he simply looked down,
"I want to see Dennis, if I am going to die..."
Cita shook her head and put her hand against the Orphan's cheek.
"You are not going to die Tobias, you are going to fight kid, and you are going to make it out alive but it is going to be one hell of a ride but I will make damned sure you survive, that both you and the voices inside of you survive...but you can not see Dennis, not yet...you will crave his blood and..."
Tobias said nothing, he only looked down, he was afraid he would be hurt if he spoke against someone older and more experienced, but it was clear he did not agree and he desperately wanted to see his vampire friend.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:34 pm

A few circles around the tree and Hannah's question finally filtered through.

"We bolster the thickness of the umbra around here. If you can work with me that might prove better, but if not we'll each down our own working." He sounded less curt but his voice was still rough sounding, more controlled but still carrying the stamp that his echoes brought.

He looked at them both, Hannah getting to her feet and Colin slumped against the tree. He couldn't blame him. He didn't ask if they were alright - they weren't - but the girl asked it anyway.

Colin groaned softly, "I... don't have the ability to magically shield my mind; all I have is a certain tenacity and discipline. I can keep going a little longer, but once things calm down... Adley will have to drive back."

Now that he had some of his own sense back, he could see the poor state of Colin and Hannah. Colin looked worse though, as if he couldn't get up. He frowned at him in concerned, then nodded. He'd hit the wall. He had to protect him before he hit his own wall. It was there, he knew. "Keep the knife handy, just in case."

"I can try to help putting up defenses on your mind, but I have never tried to set up such defenses for others so I do not know if it will work, and off course there is a trust issue involved." Hannah offered then she sigh she gave Colin a worried look.

"Didn't you say that it didn't help you that much, anyway? If not, then let's not waste time or resources...strengthen the Gauntlet." With that, he swapped the flashlight for his wand and began to circle around the tree, invoking the words inscribed on the third Seal of Solomon, the pentacle of Jupiter, walking to each quarter and employing the correct Name for the Intelligence, Iophiel, and focusing on creating a protective barrier.

// Sp 2: thicken Gauntlet -8, 3; 9,1; 1,4 (botch)

I assume it would take more than 1 success to strengthen this thing sufficiently - damn you law of averages >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

"We bolster the thickness of the umbra around here. If you can work with me that might prove better, but if not we'll each down our own working." He sounded less curt but his voice was still rough sounding, more controlled but still carrying the stamp that his echoes brought.

"It depends on your Paradigm. My mother was a member of the Order of Hermes way back when before she fell, House Tytalus she says, and she is the one who have taught me most of what I know, I work with words and gestures but with basic early Sphere theory Hermetisism, if you can work with then then we can work in concert."
Hannah said and sigh, she was clearly upset but she was trying to pull herself together and focus on the task at hand.

"Didn't you say that it didn't help you that much, anyway? If not, then let's not waste time or resources...strengthen the Gauntlet."

"I..don't know, my own protections did not seam to work much no. I think the problem is that this entity do not attack our minds, it is Resonance, it is like when walking into the glade the forest almost seamed brighter and you can almost see a bunch a butt naked witched dancing around and this place just feel more live, those feelings are not forced into our minds, it is the energies here that cause it...I...well fuck if I know why it did not work that is my theory anyway Gauntlet it is then."
Hannah said and sigh.

With that, he swapped the flashlight for his wand and began to circle around the tree, invoking the words inscribed on the third Seal of Solomon, the pentacle of Jupiter, walking to each quarter and employing the correct Name for the Intelligence, Iophiel, and focusing on creating a protective barrier

Hannah walks over to you, she kicks of those damned high heeled shoes, better to be steady on her feet than worry about the cold ground right now and she begun to follow your example in the ritual, your Paradigms are not a perfect match, but not that far apart, she use the name Names but her workings are far more gesture based than what most modern Hermetics employ, though her hand gestures are more complex and symbolic than a rather simple, almost crude gestures you have seen Amadeus use, this do place the age of her mother at least, Lisa had to have been trained just before or just after the formation of the Traditions, right in the transition period between the old system of parting reality into fifteen arts, and the more modern Spheres and the general flurry of development on Hermetic theory that happened in the Renaissance, in either case the theory is close enough to your own and Hannah is used to working in concert with others and fall in with you and follow your lead about as seamlessly as you can get when two mages do not share the same Paradigm exactly, unfortunately the rote do not work. You can feel yourself slipping up, that while at first the spiritual energies answer your call and begin to bend to your will, but then they slip out of your grasp and start to go horribly wrong, perhaps it is the anger inside of you, perhaps your fatigue, or the constant, droning headache but the rote falls apart and while you feel Hannah's magick there, supporting your own and perhaps stopping the whole thing from metaphorically, or literary blowing up in your face, still you are left where you started, the Gauntlet as weak as before and worse you can feel that thing out there struggling with the defenses around the world tree, it wants in and the Verbenas' protection and reality itself can only hold it out for so long.
"Well that was less than satisfying."
Hannah muttered.

(OOC: Since Hannah was helping you I rolled for her as well instead of the usual rules for working in concert since the two of them where not the most organized, all in all she ended up with one success that stop the botch but not much else...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Hermetics callme an Adept in Spirits. I have never tried to to something like touching an avatar, sounds too risky. But then... Well i understood it well it's like an inyection. I think i know how to try to do it. obviously, the song was broken and it should have a lot of discordances. Maybe he could be able of merging quintessence in the armonics of the avatar's song.

Maybe it's not that bad for you. You should be in hell, with a pain that wouldn't let you think nor sleep, but here you are, almost fine. Maybe it's not that bad with you.
In any case, What about a call? That would make you feel better?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, taking deep and even breaths, and shifted his grip on the knife to the normal forward grip, squinting into the darkness. "Do what you can... to send the bastard flying... I'll do what I can to stay conscious and able to fight."
Leaning heavily against the tree, he looked up at the branches, "Master Nassa... if you can hear this, we could do with a little help from one of your colleagues... You're still needed back at the Chantry, but we could use some assistance..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Tane:

Hermetics callme an Adept in Spirits. I have never tried to to something like touching an avatar, sounds too risky. But then... Well i understood it well it's like an inyection. I think i know how to try to do it.

"And Adept should be able to perform such a magickal act and yes touching an Avatar is complicated though that your level you will not be able to do one any harm, irritate it perhaps but not harm it."
Cita said then she added.
"But it can cause discomfort to both the soul and the host and should not be done unless you have to. Yes what I am talking about is like an injection in a way but it should not be done like that, you should offer the Quintessence to the Avatar not force it or you will hurt the host quite a bit."

Maybe it's not that bad for you. You should be in hell, with a pain that wouldn't let you think nor sleep, but here you are, almost fine. Maybe it's not that bad with you.
In any case, What about a call? That would make you feel better?

Tobias nodded.
"Yeah Miss Cita said that...I am in better condition than I should be."
The young man said and nodded.
"Yes a call would make me feel better but I doubt Dennis will be able to reply."
The Orphan said and Cita explained.
"The vampire in question have been hunted by a Nephandus we suspect is a Master of the Art and in addition once mage society in general learn that he have poisoned an Avatar then there are quite a few mages who would take it upon themselves to...harm this man. Chief Morgan offered Mr Lenoe protection at this Chantry until things blows over, however considering how dangerous these beings are the Chief could not allow Mr Lenoe to walk around the Chantry free so he is kept staked, which leave a vampire conscious and alive but completely immobilized."
Cita said and Tobias looked down, he was clearly very upset over how his friend was being kept.
"I guess he might like to hear my voice at least."
The Orphan muttered.

(OOC: Tane is a Disciple but he might actually not know the difference since he do not know allot about the Traditions and have not met that many Traditionalists.)

Colin:

You lean against the tree and try to call for help from Amadeus Nassa you feel something, this tree the way you have had it explained is somewhat similar to a communal familiar for the Coven and it is possible that the witches would feel that something was up around the tree and you feel some energies shift under your hand, just a slight shift and you might be imagining it, but you do think it is there, more problematic is that you also feel that darkness from before getting stronger, you do not see or directly feel the entity but it is a fair guess it is trying to break though the protections around the tree.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, taking deep and even breaths, and shifted his grip on the knife to the normal forward grip, squinting into the darkness. "Do what you can... to send the bastard flying... I'll do what I can to stay conscious and able to fight."

He nodded again, clearly concerned about him but there wasn't any time to waste.

"It depends on your Paradigm. My mother was a member of the Order of Hermes way back when before she fell, House Tytalus she says, and she is the one who have taught me most of what I know, I work with words and gestures but with basic early Sphere theory Hermetisism, if you can work with then then we can work in concert."

Tytalus...that figured, he couldn't help but think. "I have been working with some older Hermetic workings lately, let us try."

"I..don't know, my own protections did not seam to work much no. I think the problem is that this entity do not attack our minds, it is Resonance, it is like when walking into the glade the forest almost seamed brighter and you can almost see a bunch a butt naked witched dancing around and this place just feel more live, those feelings are not forced into our minds, it is the energies here that cause it...I...well fuck if I know why it did not work that is my theory anyway Gauntlet it is then."

"Yes, it may bring it with its mere presence...making our own shadows seem darker."

You can feel yourself slipping up, that while at first the spiritual energies answer your call and begin to bend to your will, but then they slip out of your grasp and start to go horribly wrong, perhaps it is the anger inside of you, perhaps your fatigue, or the constant, droning headache but the rote falls apart and while you feel Hannah's magick there, supporting your own and perhaps stopping the whole thing from metaphorically, or literary blowing up in your face, still you are left where you started, the Gauntlet as weak as before and worse you can feel that thing out there struggling with the defenses around the world tree, it wants in and the Verbenas' protection and reality itself can only hold it out for so long.

"Well that was less than satisfying." Hannah muttered.

He had begun to wait for the paradox to slap him, but it didn't. He could feel Hannah's working stick. Barely. Christ, but he was tired (It didn't matter, everyone was tired, it's not an excuse). And angry (KILL IT -no those weren't his feelings). And this headache (no excuses)...and the thoughts, worst of all, his own thoughts, another failure to add to the pile (He couldn't protect people when they needed him, what good was he?). He felt the magick just slip from his grasp, but at least it had not snapped and broken what was already holding. The fucking thing was still banging down their door. He couldn't stop now. Swallowing his pride, he looked at Hannah. There had to be a different way to keep it out. "Maybe you should lead this time, and I'll follow you. If not...turning up the local resonance...using a prime-based ward. Or reinforce...with Prime itself."

// Since he blew it, not sure if you'd allow him to try something similar again - but in this instance he would be trying to augment Hannah. As for his other idea, it would be to strengthen the prime signature as he might with the ones he does at the chantry to make it 'taste bad' and fortify reality itself, since he can't channel a great deal of prime out of the tree quickly without Prime 3.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I get it. I can think of some ways to gently apply it more like an ointment than an injection.

I don't know if i want to be able to harm them, either.
Tane said.

Ah! That's the vampire! Well, at least from what i've heard, he came and asked an aquaitance of mine to do that to him, so maybe it's for the best. Would you like to have a pictore of him or something like it? Maybe know his song?

((Have no idea od the ranks. Is an Adept more than Tane is? Or less?

Also, i remember that Gandjya didn't answer))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Colin perked up an ear, "Adley... are you able to borrow a bit of Quintessence from me? I have a little to spare in my system, accumulated over, well, more peaceful time. I'm afraid I can't quite manipulate it myself, but if you can reach it, it's yours for this one."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:23 am

Colin perked up an ear, "Adley... are you able to borrow a bit of Quintessence from me? I have a little to spare in my system, accumulated over, well, more peaceful time. I'm afraid I can't quite manipulate it myself, but if you can reach it, it's yours for this one."

"I still have some in my own store which I am going to use now and that tree behind you is a storehouse - if we have to we can pull from it and replace it later." How to explain to him that it wasn't that he hadn't any Quintessence. He'd just flat out failed. But no, the man just wanted to help, be of use somehow. He would be feeling the same. Then, he added, "This thing wants through right now, need to do something."

Right now.

He had to do this. -They- had to this, he corrected himself looking at Hannah. And throwing some Quintessence in the mix could help them...assuming he kept himself together and didn't screw it up.

//re/reading How Do You Do That, I stand somewhat corrected as per my previous ooc statement: P3 is used for removing more Quintessence than the character's avatar rating per turn and P2 is sufficient to access a store of tass or etc. Still no dumping a huge amount through but that clarified how much can be grabbed and from where in M20 rules.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:59 am

Hannah stood up straighter and looked at Adley.
"Ok you lead, I assist, I will follow your cues we have a similar enough Paradigm that it can work."
The Orphan said.
"Let us get this done and buy ourselves some more time."
Hannah tried to sound confident but she really was not and it was clear she was pretty shaken up, still she had to pull herself together or that entity would win, her mother's men would find them and the two mages with her would be killed and she would be hauled back to the Labyrinth.
"I have some tass since I have access to a node, my pets, but I did not take much with me since that can be tracked."
Hannah said she went to her purse and found a small vial of clear dust, the slime from her snails dried into a powder.
"I want to say we need to hurry with this, but it is better that we take our time and do it right."

As the Hermetics prepared which took a few minutes the oppressive feeling of that presence increased, it was clear the small group of mages was running out of time. It had grown very silent in the woods, all the birds and animals had left the area around the Life Tree, they where afraid of that thing trying to get into our reality, they did not know what it was but their instincts told them to stay away, which made it extra strange when a round, graying brown spotted owl landed on one of the branches of the tree and looked straight at Colin, the bird was large for is species, round and with strangely intelligent eyes, it looked at Colin and then out towards the entity with some displeasure, then it simply leaped from the branch, landed on the ground and a short, stout man with mouse brown hair, a pudgy stature, brown eyes behind large round glasses and dressed in pressed pants and a knitted brown sweater stood where the owl had been moments ago.
"Master Nassa felt someone call to him from our tree so he sent me since I can get around fairly quickly. My name is Duncan, what can I do to help?"
The round little man said as he looked at Colin, he looked a bit fearful as well though of what was waiting just outside the Gauntlet, then he glanced over at Adley.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
Was all he said.
"Now this really is a sticky situation."

Hannah yelp as the large brown owl suddenly turn into a man and her hands flash into symbols as she create a Prime bolt to throw at him but she stops with the glowing, half existing lump of pure magickal energies right in her hand when the man speaks as if he knows Adley after he spoke to Colin.
"Who the hell is this?"
She muttered and looks at Adley who she had been preparing a rote with just moments before.

(OOC: Yes it seams like they have gone back to the 2 edition way of doing it where you could use P2 to take Quintessence from tass, though you need P3 to create tass from Quintessence.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:47 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Ah, Mr. Duncan... or is that your given name? We seem to have picked up a pursuer; some spirit which should not be... I'm afraid I'm running a bit too ragged to be of much use now, since the bastard is attacking our morale to wear us down."
Colin looked over at Hannah, "I believe this gent is a member of the Verbena coven, which is fortunate in numerous ways."

((OOC: Woohoo, Amadeus heard Colin and sent help; must be my birthday or somethin'! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am

"Well it is my first name, my faction within the Verbena was Hermetics once, we seldom use our given names within mage society, so yes for a more formal introduction I am Duncan Ackermann bani Verbena, but calling me Duncan is just fine."
The nature mystic said and glanced out into the dark woods.
"Yes I can feel your pursuer Mr...? Well I am not expert with spirits but that is nasty."
The healer said then he gave you a bit of a worried glance.
"Will you be alright Sir?"
He asked before he turned to Hannah and bowed.
"I am sorry to have startled you Madame Duncan Ackermann bani Verbena ex Bjornær at your service."
The man said with a slight smile. Hannah nodded and closed her hand, extinguishing the Prime bolt.
"Hannah Larson...I am an Orphan I guess by your terms."
She muttered. Duncan gave a warm smile then he gave a worried glance out in the direction of the entity before he asked.
"How can I help?"

(OOC: Well Amadeus felt someone was at his Coven's Life Tree or World Tree different books have different terms for it, and that there was trouble there so he sent someone, it is not exactly sms per magickal bush. And happy birthday. Very Happy)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 am

Colin nodded, "Forgive me, as I said, I'm rather out of it... I am Colin Wainwright, Orphan affiliated with the same Chantry as Amadeus Nassa. I'll be fine, provided I get some rest before anything more happens... just mentally exhausted."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:55 am

Duncan nodded.
"Beatrice Alexander have mentioned your name, your are a member of her Cabal are your not Mr Wainwright?"
The Verbena said and he gave a slight smile but worry shone in his eyes when he thought of the little blood witch.
"Well in either case I will do what I can here but I am afraid spirits there not my forte, living things are."
The shapeshifter said.
"I could perhaps help with strengthening the wards around this place since I was a part of putting them up, but with one Coven member weakened so will our wards be, I do not know how long they will hold."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, that is correct, we are Cabalmates... I don't suppose you could call the local Changing Folk for help? I understand they have a stronger... grasp on the spirit world, as it were."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 pm

"I do have allies among the Garou, ehm werewolves, I guess they feel some kinship with me since while I am not like them, I do have a beast living in my heart. I can contact them for help but it might take some time, provided some of them are at their Node, and they do not live there so they might not be, they will still have to navigate through the forest to get here, if they agree to help...I would estimate fifteen minutes at the least for me to find them and then get back here, and that is if we are very lucky Mr Wainwright, most likely, finding them, negotiation and travel time will take far longer, but I can try if you wish, how long do you think we have before that thing."
Duncan twisted his lips in displeasure at the entity.
"Breaks through the Gauntlet and our defenses here?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Hannah stood up straighter and looked at Adley. "Ok you lead, I assist, I will follow your cues we have a similar enough Paradigm that it can work." The Orphan said. "Let us get this done and buy ourselves some more time..."I have some tass since I have access to a node, my pets, but I did not take much with me since that can be tracked." Hannah said she went to her purse and found a small vial of clear dust, the slime from her snails dried into a powder. "I want to say we need to hurry with this, but it is better that we take our time and do it right.""

He looked at her, wondering if she'd heard him properly or was just so shaken up that she wanted him to lead it anyway. Or both...well, he wouldn't correct her then. "I will imbue the working as well, I can give two drams worth."

"Master Nassa felt someone call to him from our tree so he sent me since I can get around fairly quickly. My name is Duncan, what can I do to help?" The round little man said as he looked at Colin, he looked a bit fearful as well though of what was waiting just outside the Gauntlet, then he glanced over at Adley. "Hello Mr Roth Hicks." Was all he said. "Now this really is a sticky situation."

Much like Hannah, he'd turned at the sound and had been ready to attack, but the second he saw Duncan he waved a hand at Hannah. "Don't, he's an ally." He was dismayed, though, to see the man. Not that he didn't want or appreciate the help, but it was one of the last people that was around that was a healer. He had to be kept safe...and this thing got into your head. "Duncan, that thing outside the Gautlet wants in now, it's an outsider spirit a Nephandi has called on us and it will try to...turn your thoughts against you and other nasty effects. We're trying to keep it out until the Chief comes to banish it." Something hit him about the resonance, the way it turned his thoughts inward. It made one think they were worth nothing, that they were nothing, there was nothing they could do...or, at least that was how it was starting to affect him.

"We should skip the names, in the event this entity has some way of imparting information to the Nephandi." Or in the event that Hannah or themselves were captured, but he did not wish to extinguish his focus on such thoughts.

Duncan: "I could perhaps help with strengthening the wards around this place since I was a part of putting them up, but with one Coven member weakened so will our wards be, I do not know how long they will hold."

"That would be helpful. We were going to try to buffer the umbra again and failing that, boost the current wards."

Duncan: "...how long do you think we have before that thing." Duncan twisted his lips in displeasure at the entity. "Breaks through the Gauntlet and our defenses here?"

"I don't think we have that long. Plus the Chief is on his way...I think it would be better if Hannah and I tried again to keep it on the other side, and if you can work on strengthening the current defense. That thing will eventually breach the Gauntlet...and then it will be really nasty. We don't have much time."

//Happy birthday Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:27 pm

He looked at her, wondering if she'd heard him properly or was just so shaken up that she wanted him to lead it anyway. Or both...well, he wouldn't correct her then. "I will imbue the working as well, I can give two drams worth."

"I have three drams in this vial."
Hannah said and gestured with the bottle of dried snail slime.
"What works best for you if I give this to you and you use it or I use it myself during the ritual. I should be able to use all of this during one working but that is also about it, I have some in my system as well but I do not think I can handle controlling any more than this in a one go."

but the second he saw Duncan he waved a hand at Hannah. "Don't, he's an ally."

Hannah simply nodded at that.

"Duncan, that thing outside the Gautlet wants in now, it's an outsider spirit a Nephandi has called on us and it will try to...turn your thoughts against you and other nasty effects. We're trying to keep it out until the Chief comes to banish it."

"Sweet mother!"
The Verbena exclaimed at the mention of an outsider spirit and he looked more than a little nervous.
"Hum...I could give you a bird's eye view literary, try to find the Chief so we know how long we have to hold out here before he get here?"
Duncan suggested.

"We should skip the names, in the event this entity has some way of imparting information to the Nephandi." Or in the event that Hannah or themselves were captured, but he did not wish to extinguish his focus on such thoughts.

"Yes...off course you are right, how sloppy of me, what would my old mentor have said."
The shapechanger muttered and nodded.

"That would be helpful. We were going to try to buffer the umbra again and failing that, boost the current wards."

"Well that do sound like a plan, what if you work your rote while I call to my children so they can scout for us, and then I will work on the wards once I have sent them to see if they can find out how far away the Chief is?"
Duncan suggested then he added as an explanation.
"A fair number of the spotted owls in these marshes are my offspring and descendants and I have a connection to them."
The Verbena said.
"I can see through their eyes.

"I don't think we have that long. Plus the Chief is on his way...I think it would be better if Hannah and I tried again to keep it on the other side, and if you can work on strengthening the current defense. That thing will eventually breach the Gauntlet...and then it will be really nasty. We don't have much time."

"I agree, I do not think time allow for trying to get help from th werewolves. I will do what I can with the wards but like I said they will never be at full strength with a member of the Coven in bad condition, the wards are centered on our Life Tree and it are connected to the nine of us, that means there is a kink in the defenses I can not make up for, I can strengthen the wards but with...what have happened this tree are weakened as well."
Duncan explained and he looked quite concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Colin shook his head, "I don't think we have the time for, well... bolstering the defenses will probably be our best bet while we await the reinforcements we expect."
He sank to the ground, seemingly unaware he was sitting down while keeping a ready grip on the knife.

((OOC: Thankee; I feel ancient already. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:19 pm

((Remember me, Anja!))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:59 am

"What works best for you if I give this to you and you use it or I use it myself during the ritual. I should be able to use all of this during one working but that is also about it, I have some in my system as well but I do not think I can handle controlling any more than this in a one go."

"Use your own tass, especially if there is any risk it might be traced now that you were seen. Then if we need to continue in duration, I will use what I have and we will hold on as long as we can until we have managed what we need to do for as long as we need to do it."

"Hum...I could give you a bird's eye view literary, try to find the Chief so we know how long we have to hold out here before he get here?" Duncan suggested.

"We need things as strong here as we can here first, time is shortening."

"Yes...off course you are right, how sloppy of me, what would my old mentor have said." The shapechanger muttered and nodded.

It suddenly struck him that now wasn't the best time for such comments, even if they were true. That thing out there would just have more fuel. At least for him, having been under its effect for some while, it would be another tool for the damn spirit to use on him. "It's understandable," he said instead. "Your help is welcome."

"Well that do sound like a plan, what if you work your rote while I call to my children so they can scout for us, and then I will work on the wards once I have sent them to see if they can find out how far away the Chief is?" Duncan suggested then he added as an explanation.
"A fair number of the spotted owls in these marshes are my offspring and descendants and I have a connection to them." The Verbena said. "I can see through their eyes.

He thought about it and then said, "If the owls can lead the Chief here faster once he's in the area...or you through them," he said, as he wasn't sure how it worked and honestly hadn't the time, "that might help. The wards are the primary thing here - if it gets through, it will be much harder and I know he is hurrying."

Colin shook his head, "I don't think we have the time for, well... bolstering the defenses will probably be our best bet while we await the reinforcements we expect." He sank to the ground, seemingly unaware he was sitting down while keeping a ready grip on the knife.
"I agree, I do not think time allow for trying to get help from the werewolves. I will do what I can with the wards but like I said they will never be at full strength with a member of the Coven in bad condition, the wards are centered on our Life Tree and it are connected to the nine of us, that means there is a kink in the defenses I can not make up for, I can strengthen the wards but with...what have happened this tree are weakened as well."

He nodded to Colin and then said to Duncan, "Do what you can. Concentrate on what is in your control, that you can do." Then he asked, "Where is this 'kink'? Or is it dispersed and not concentrated to a particular spot?" He wanted to start there with the new rote, this thing would try to get through there first, any weakness. "If things get bad, Colin will need assistance getting clear."

He only gave himself as much time as he needed to get his shit together as much as he was able to start the rote over again. He tried not to focus on where he'd gone wrong (you blew it! Again!), instead he thought about what Hannah had done right (she's better at this than you and more powerful and she has a Nephandi for a mother). What he could work with, that he'd been taught and knew would work (it works, just not for you, not under pressure when you're standing in the fire. Some Flambeau you are). GETRIDOFITnowBURNITit'swrong...should not be.

He closed his eyes for a second, concentrating and digging into that fire that was inside of him, the angry chorus inside and the fury that he needed to use but directed. We have to protect them, defend them and the tree...it's part of Beatrice and all her coven. The way to do it is to stop the fight -before- we have to do anything more. Then he turned to Hannah and said, knowing she must be feeling truly awful as well, "You have been fighting it all your life. We can do this, Hannah." With time so short, though he wanted to hurry, they needed to do it right, like she had said. So he went to the start spot again and waited for Hannah to step beside him.

//alright, so since we can use three quint into a rote at one time to change the difficulty, Hannah's covering that for the first part. Also spending a WP on this to kick it off right and try to put that disaster behind him. Here's Adley's first round Arete roll: Sp 2: 8,4 (+1 sux WP)

@Warp - Ancient? Wiser xD Hope your day was a good one.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:00 am

(OOC: Sorry it seams I missed two posts, one from Strife and one from Tane at the end of page 9. Sorry I am not completely sure how that happened. I will reply to them now so this post here will be a bit off time from the rest of the replies and then reply to the new posts afterwards.)

(OOC 2: I missed something to reply for Gandiya, can you remind me for it must have slipped my mind sorry. Now as for the ranks yes Adept is more than Tane is. *Apprentice **Initiate ***Disciple ****Adept *****Master ******(and beyond)Archmage.)

Tane:

I get it. I can think of some ways to gently apply it more like an ointment than an injection.

"Yes that would be a better way to do it. Like I said the way I see it I join the code of the Quintessence with that of the Avatar I am treating, but for you seeing it as an ointment might work."

I don't know if i want to be able to harm them, either. Tane said.

"If one can heal, one can also harm Tane."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"If one is reaching the point where one can create Ephemera, the matter that spirits, including Avatars are made of then one can also destroy it, however you are far away from both as of yet."

Ah! That's the vampire! Well, at least from what i've heard, he came and asked an aquaitance of mine to do that to him, so maybe it's for the best. Would you like to have a pictore of him or something like it? Maybe know his song?

"Well he went willingly and I do not blame the mages Sir, they are afraid of him and I do not like how he is being kept but they have said that if he want to leave, they will release him so I do understand that even if they hurt him, they are also keeping him safe."
Tobias replied then he nodded.
"Yes I would like a picture of him...I gave up all my personal belongings, the Tremere...ehm vampire magicians, had shown an interest in me, and Dennis did not want them to be able to use my stuff to get to me, I am not sure how they could do that but apparently they can. So yes I would very much like a picture of him."
The young mage looked puzzled.
"His song? I am afraid I do not know what you mean Sir, I mean I have heard him singing in the shower but other than that I do not think he have one."

Adley:

Tytalus...that figured, he couldn't help but think. "I have been working with some older Hermetic workings lately, let us try."

Hannah just nodded to that though she also raised an eyebrow.
"More older Hermetics, hum interesting, but yes let us try it."

"Yes, it may bring it with its mere presence...making our own shadows seem darker."

"Yeah, it is like itself is just darkness, just blackness and that is what it brings to those around it as well."
Hannah commented and she glanced out into the darkness.
"It is that black emptiness my mother want the world to be, not destroyed, not a memory just endless darkness...as a child it pained me that I just was not able to see how she could want it. The Infernalists I get, they want stuff, power, wealth, a place in the world, whatever and they are willing to sell their soul to get it, I understand that motivation, but the other two factions, no I could never understand...as an adult I think perhaps that lack of understanding is a good thing."
The Orphan said and shrugs.

"Maybe you should lead this time, and I'll follow you. If not...turning up the local resonance...using a prime-based ward. Or reinforce...with Prime itself."

"We can try a Prime based rote to tune up the local Resonance, however I am not used to working with other mages other than my mother and the others at the Labyrinth and I very seldom lead the rituals as for me to work directly with corrupted Quintessence would bring me Jhor."
Hannah explained.
"I think we will have a better chance if you lead."

(OOC 3: You can try the same thing again just as with mundane actions but the diff go up by one. Strengthening the Prime signature is also an option yes. Again I am sorry for missing these two posts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next