Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 22 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Colin nodded, then grimaced, "Yes, I'll have to do some more research, in any case. Lady Ceris is a sweetheart, but I think the Chief's right about picking guards for Diego... The wretch is a vile sub-human, and a male guard gives him a little less material to cook up his crude and rather biologically inclined insults. Granted, he's bound and gagged, and as such should be somewhat impaired in trying to rile up his guard, but I'd actually be more comfortable with an unfeeling robot drone to stand guard over him than a fellow human being."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 22 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Freddy raised an eyebrow.
"You think I can not handle a biologically inclined insult? Seriously have you been to a Virtual Adept chat room, seriously you would believe some of those guys are five years old."
The technomancer said and sigh.
"Well in either case I am not upset about it, the Chief is in charge of security and if he think the man should have a male guard I am fine with it, just as long as he realize that we girls are just as capable."
She said.
"As for Lady Ceris I hear she is quite the character, she think she lives in the dark ages right? Damn Marauders are weird, and terrifyingly enough any one of us could end up as one of her kind with just a bit to much dox."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm

There is one more Primogen member though that have his doubt...the Primogen being sort of a city council of sorts, Khalid al-Rashid, he might aid us...and I do say might I do not know him well but he have spoken up against allying ourselves with this mage woman."

"I see, well perhaps the rest would not know what was happening until it was too late. Help could be useful, if we need it. And we just might."

"If he is captured yes, then he would be taken to the roof and left to burn." Tyler said gravely. "However more likely a Blood Hunt...Whatever or not this Abigail can gain something from killing him at the execution grounds however I would not know, that is your area of expertise mage not mine."

It didn't sound much different in generalities to a wizard's war, or if one got kicked out of the House and it was a free for all...though being vampires he could imagine there was more to it than that. It seemed that though Tyler could tell the area on the roof was significant it was blood that fuled them, not vis from a node. Though there was vis in their blood, that much he had seen, poisoned vis. He was hardly an expert, but it seemed possible that an Elder could be a very potent sacrifice to turn the node into a Nephandic powerhouse, a foot in the door.

"No offense taken, your kind and mine do not share the same resources there are no reason for us to be much in contact. My Sire, the one who made me, once warned me about your kind, and his warning is about all I know about mages. They are powerful he said, of all the supernatural beings that walk the earth few can match their raw potential for power, but they are fragile, and while they are the most human of all the beings that walk the shadows, their minds are the most obscure, stay away from them unless you want to be drawn into their schemes. Anyway no I do not want to be beholden to these Nephandi you speak of."

"Yes; where they overlap things...are complicated," he said with a frown. Complicated, and worse than deadly.

"I do not know everything but Nicolai would not have taken a human girl to his Cha...ehm his headquarters, but I know he have an apartment in one of the business and legal districts...it is a pleasant enough flat, and he do not in his own mind want to harm the girl, he would want her kept safe and comfortable until he can Embrace her."

"I see...that is very useful indeed."

"She will be under guard, getting to her without Nicolai noticing will be hard. I can help you with a possible address like I said but that is also all that I can currently do."

"What type of security measures would you expect? Other than guards, I mean."

"That there is nothing I can do something about, not peacefully at least. Our Prince is more than happy with trading a resource he can neither use nor see for the aid of a powerful mage and her allies, and it is a trade that makes sense, however he controls that roof, not I."

Adley sighed. "It is not a good trade. no matter how much sense it seems to make." But she was right, it wasn't her roof and there was only so much she might be able to do about it, even if she wanted to.

"If you are thinking about Nicolai's apartment then my friends and kin will not be anywhere near it, there are no reason for my men to be aiding the Tremere and while I have a slight alliance with the little brat, it is not strong enough for me to guard his holdings...the roof though, that is another matter. The only thing that could possibly work is offering the Prince a better deal, or showing force or off course taking out Abigail, I can not and will not help you or anyone else take Elysium though, I have little love for the Prince but I am loyal to him, for now. Taking out that bitch Abigail though, that I will be willing to assist with."

It wasn't so much he wanted to see Elysium taken, just the damn Nephandi shut out of using that node. It had to be the one on the roof of the Sears Tower though, didn't it? But taking out Abigail, well, that would be highly preferable than an insane run storming a vampire holding. "Taking out that bitch Abigail...what if someone else should take her place, make him another offer? This is going to be tricky but I agree that Abigail does need to be taken out. How would you be willing to assist? Do you know where she or her people are?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 pm

"I see, well perhaps the rest would not know what was happening until it was too late. Help could be useful, if we need it. And we just might."

Tyler gave you a phone number.
"Khalid can be contacted at this number, it is just a cheap prepaid phone though so do not try to track it, also do not try to call him during the day, he is not likely to notice if you set him on fire."
The vampire said.
"However I will explain the situation to him, or some of it at least and he might be willing to help."

"Yes; where they overlap things...are complicated," he said with a frown. Complicated, and worse than deadly.

"I like to try to avoid complicated Mr Roth Hicks one do not get as old as I am if one seek such trouble out, however it seams there will be trouble no matter what I do and then I would like to minimize it."

"What type of security measures would you expect? Other than guards, I mean."

"Magic Mr Roth hicks...magic."

Adley sighed. "It is not a good trade. no matter how much sense it seems to make." But she was right, it wasn't her roof and there was only so much she might be able to do about it, even if she wanted to.

"No it probably was not, and it are probably not a good trade for the city, but as long as the Prince think he have made a good trade he will continue to let Abigail do as she please with that roof."

"Taking out that bitch Abigail...what if someone else should take her place, make him another offer? This is going to be tricky but I agree that Abigail does need to be taken out. How would you be willing to assist? Do you know where she or her people are?"

"If someone else take her place then we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it, unless you have a better idea. If your mages are as powerful as my Sire say and will fight as well, me and my Anarchs will do the same, however I will require one boon of you Mr Roth Hicks, if we do this and we take this woman out, and my own progeny survives, I want them safely taken out of Chicago. I will stand the brunt of the Prince's anger, that is fine, perhaps I will get out of it, our laws do not cover mage allies after all, perhaps not, but I will not have my childer tortured and executed, if they die in battle so be it, that is a honorable way to meet one's destruction, but they will die on their feet not left to burn on some roof. Promise me you will do all you can to get my childer to safety after the fight and you will have our support taking down this bloody woman."
Tyler said sounding proud and determined.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Friday:

You'll be able to touch them, to go to their realm, to create little spirits, even. But first, to be able to do that, you'll have to go through several Little Deaths, or epiphanies, if you will. THere, your avatar will show you another part of it's wisdom, but only if you're ready to see it.

Saturday:

We live together, Ruaua, inside and out, making it an ALL. Welcome to conciousness.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Colin shrugged, "I don't think women are less capable. I just don't want to give Diego any more vitriol fodder than necessary. Besides..." He grinned a little, "men tend to be less vicious than women when we lose our tempers, wouldn't you say? And yes, Lady Ceris lives in approximately the tenth century. She's a pleasant conversationalist, if you know your Latin, but I'm afraid you would find her perception confusing. She did, for example, express some surprise at the widespread distributions of magical speaking stones, and she marveled at the vast wealth and generosity we displayed in richly seasoned food. At least the great quantities of spices available could be explained by new and swifter trade routes."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Tyler gave you a phone number. "Khalid can be contacted at this number, it is just a cheap prepaid phone though so do not try to track it, also do not try to call him during the day, he is not likely to notice if you set him on fire." The vampire said. "However I will explain the situation to him, or some of it at least and he might be willing to help."

Adley took out his notebook, scratched down that number and the room numbers and address he'd been given. "Some of it, at first, in case he's not so sympathetic as you hope," he agreed. He didn't know about getting yet another vampire involved, one that neither of them knew. He didn't want it biting Tyler on the ass, or any of them either, if it was going to screw up their planning.

"Magic Mr Roth hicks...magic."

"Yes, well, I suppose it would be," he sighed. "Anything else you might know about the place would help."

"If someone else take her place then we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it, unless you have a better idea. If your mages are as powerful as my Sire say and will fight as well, me and my Anarchs will do the same, however I will require one boon of you Mr Roth Hicks, if we do this and we take this woman out, and my own progeny survives, I want them safely taken out of Chicago...Promise me you will do all you can to get my childer to safety after the fight and you will have our support taking down this bloody woman."
Tyler said sounding proud and determined.

"I will discuss the matter with the appropriate people," he agreed. "I cannot promise it yet, as I'm not the only one involved here and would likely need to make arrangements, figure out how it can be done. There is a great deal happening at once, it will take a bit of coordinating and I need to get permission for additional plans. How many progeny are we talking about here?" Just what he needed...to cook up an escape system for Brujah. Still, he could not very well blame her. He would not want his apprentices at risk, either, if it were him. It seemed fair, though he was not sure if his pater would go for it or not, nor the mages in Chicago. "It may be necessary to acquire information about them also, so that we might get them out of there in a hurry," he explained. "As well as where they would go..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"Little deaths, that do not sound good."
Lily said and she suddenly looked nervous.
"Listen what you talk about sound wonderful, I would like to learn more about spirits and interact with them more and I would like to get to know that black dog you say is my soul better, but I would not want to die."
The teenager protested.

Saturday:

The grandfatherly spirit seamed confused when you again saw him as an old man made of planks and glass.
"I do not understand this without that you speak of my friend, I am this house, that is what I am, that is all I am, there is no without."
He said as he smiles to you, his teeth made of the stones of the floor.
"What is consciousness, what is welcome? I am this house, that is all I am."
The Umbrood repeated.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "I don't think women are less capable. I just don't want to give Diego any more vitriol fodder than necessary. Besides..." He grinned a little, "men tend to be less vicious than women when we lose our tempers, wouldn't you say?

"I guess it will depend on the individual Colin, that is how I tend to judge people, as individuals and not as representatives for their gender but yes, I am glad I do not have to go near this Diego, it is not that I fear him but he is...disgusting. I will be most glad when he is shipped to Horizon and out of our hair."

And yes, Lady Ceris lives in approximately the tenth century. She's a pleasant conversationalist, if you know your Latin, but I'm afraid you would find her perception confusing.

"I do not speak Latin at all, a little Japanese yes, Latin no. Hum...I wonder how she got the delusion that she is living in a different time."

She did, for example, express some surprise at the widespread distributions of magical speaking stones, and she marveled at the vast wealth and generosity we displayed in richly seasoned food. At least the great quantities of spices available could be explained by new and swifter trade routes."

"Well that is how a Quiet often work, the one suffering from it do see the world around them, but everything is translated into their own delusions...well that is unless you sink to deep and you do not see our reality at all and completely live in your own world."

Adley:

Adley took out his notebook, scratched down that number and the room numbers and address he'd been given. "Some of it, at first, in case he's not so sympathetic as you hope," he agreed. He didn't know about getting yet another vampire involved, one that neither of them knew. He didn't want it biting Tyler on the ass, or any of them either, if it was going to screw up their planning.

"I will have to be careful and test the waters to see if he will be willing to help or if he will run to the Prince or Nicolai and ally with them, I will not tell him much before I get a handle on how he will react."
Tyler said then she sigh.
"Khalid is not as sympathetic as me, he has fallen far and unless he manages to stop his decent, sooner or later he will be Khalid no more."
She said and sounded sad, though it might be fear as well, fear that one day she would share her associate's fate.

"Yes, well, I suppose it would be," he sighed. "Anything else you might know about the place would help."

"I know nothing more that you can not find out by googling the building."

"I will discuss the matter with the appropriate people," he agreed. "I cannot promise it yet, as I'm not the only one involved here and would likely need to make arrangements, figure out how it can be done. There is a great deal happening at once, it will take a bit of coordinating and I need to get permission for additional plans. How many progeny are we talking about here?"

"I completely understand Mr Roth Hicks, I realize that you can not make all the arrangements here at once and that you probably have superiors that need to sign of on any such promises that you make, you do sound young. I have two progeny in Chicago, and one grandchilde."

"It may be necessary to acquire information about them also, so that we might get them out of there in a hurry," he explained. "As well as where they would go..."

"I am reluctant to give much information about them Mr Roth Hicks, unless I have to, however both are fairly capable, as for Joshua's illegitimate childe, well, if he can be saved I will be grateful, he is the one most likely to need help though. As for where they would go that I will take care of, as long as they are brought out of Chicago and take to a harbor and given someplace to hide until transportation can be arranged we have escape plans and locations already plotted out."
Tyler said then her tone turned concerned.
"Now talking about my progeny, you said you got my number from Dennis Lenoe, do you know where he is? I have been trying to contact him and he is not answering his phone, making me quite concerned."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 pm

"I completely understand Mr Roth Hicks, I realize that you can not make all the arrangements here at once and that you probably have superiors that need to sign of on any such promises that you make, you do sound young. I have two progeny in Chicago, and one grandchilde."

He raised an eyebrow at being called young. But he was, he supposed, used to being called as such by older mages. Who knew how old Tyler was. "So, three individuals from Chicago?"

"I am reluctant to give much information about them Mr Roth Hicks, unless I have to, however both are fairly capable, as for Joshua's illegitimate childe, well, if he can be saved I will be grateful, he is the one most likely to need help though. As for where they would go that I will take care of, as long as they are brought out of Chicago and take to a harbor and given someplace to hide until transportation can be arranged we have escape plans and locations already plotted out."

"I understand. However, if we come to this agreement, it is likely I will need to know more about them so that we can find them and get them out," he said.

Tyler said then her tone turned concerned. "Now talking about my progeny, you said you got my number from Dennis Lenoe, do you know where he is? I have been trying to contact him and he is not answering his phone, making me quite concerned."

He was slightly surprised that he'd not told his own sire but maybe that was not unexpected. Maybe he had been trying to protect them both, in his own way, by keeping the information close...however it put him into a tough spot now, trying to explain without saying where he was. As Lenoe had joked, in his dark moment, 'oh by the way I have your son staked in the basement' was not going to be welcome news, even if he had agreed to it and come willingly. But he could not even say that, much like she could not tell him about Elysium. Lenoe had said to be blunt, not dance around it, though and so he tried to do just that.

He frowned slightly. "Yes, I do know where he is. However, I'm afraid I cannot tell you, except to say for the moment he is relatively safe, safer than he was at his house. He cannot be contacted at this time and probably not until the immediate danger here in Boston has passed at least, for safety reasons."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 pm

He raised an eyebrow at being called young. But he was, he supposed, used to being called as such by older mages. Who knew how old Tyler was. "So, three individuals from Chicago?"

"Yes three individuals from Chicago."
Tyler confirmed.

"I understand. However, if we come to this agreement, it is likely I will need to know more about them so that we can find them and get them out," he said.

"If we come to this agreement, then I will tell you what you need to find them and get them to safety."
The vampire said.
"However before your superiors have agreed, I do not need to put them in risk by giving you that information."
The woman said, she was clearly protective of her Progeny.

He frowned slightly. "Yes, I do know where he is. However, I'm afraid I cannot tell you, except to say for the moment he is relatively safe, safer than he was at his house. He cannot be contacted at this time and probably not until the immediate danger here in Boston has passed at least, for safety reasons."

"I see..."
Tyler said and her voice took on a much sharper tone.
"The answer me these questions Mr Roth Hicks. Is my childe harmed? Whatever it is he is doing for your kind is he doing so willingly? And is there any plans on your or your superiors part to kill or harm him?"
It was very clear from the vampire's tone that if you gave the wrong answer she would rain hell down on you at the same time she would not ask past those questions, not right now, as long as Dennis was involved with whatever it was he was doing willingly, she was satisfied, at least for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:49 pm

Colin smiled sadly, "And the worst part there is... how do we know for certain we're living in the early 21st century on Earth? Just because most of us agree she is wrong, it would seem reality takes her side in a scuffle. It's a most befuddling thing... Now get, girl, and feed the big angry Flambeau."
He gave Freddy a wink and resumed his annotation.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:25 am

"If we come to this agreement, then I will tell you what you need to find them and get them to safety." The vampire said. "However before your superiors have agreed, I do not need to put them in risk by giving you that information." The woman said, she was clearly protective of her Progeny.

"I understand. I will try to contact you as soon as I know what the answer will be, however I hope you will not be asleep then. Let me clarify something, this Nicolai is an influential vampire...right now he is put at bay by this Tremere Elder you spoke of. Nicolai has has secured a roof area to be used for some purpose by them and in return, Nicolai gets the girl to embrace..."

"The answer me these questions Mr Roth Hicks. Is my childe harmed? Whatever it is he is doing for your kind is he doing so willingly? And is there any plans on your or your superiors part to kill or harm him?

"He has not suffered permanent harm," he said, since he wasn't sure exactly how being staked rated as harm to her. It certainly hurt, very much, but apparently he could heal from it, as long as his mind was kept active, he was kept from light and he was fed then he would be able to keep through the next few days. "He decided on his actions willingly in full disclosure beforehand in an agreement with us. He was given leave to go if he wished, aside from crises, and when asked again, chose to remain. At this time there is no plan that I know of that will lead to his death from my superior nor myself," he answered simply and honestly. He couldn't vouch for other mages in Boston, what might happen to him if Tobias died and his avatar sundered from what Lenoe did to him, but those were the facts as they stood in the moment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 am

Colin:

"We do not know that, reality is malleable remember."
Freddy said with a grin.
"Only the Consensus make sure we have a unified reality, if not for them, then my reality would be different from yours, and no reality would be the true one. There is only Quintessence, everything else is negotiable as my mentor used to say."
The Virtual Adept said then she giggled and hurried over to Jeffry's office, knocked on the door and went inside.

Adley:

"I understand. I will try to contact you as soon as I know what the answer will be, however I hope you will not be asleep then.

"If it is sunlight out then I will be asleep, unfortunately I can not choose to get up now and wait for your call, it cost me every shred of my willpower to have this conversation with you and I can not keep it up for long."

Let me clarify something, this Nicolai is an influential vampire...right now he is put at bay by this Tremere Elder you spoke of. Nicolai has has secured a roof area to be used for some purpose by them and in return, Nicolai gets the girl to embrace..."

"That is mostly correct."
Tyler said.
"Well Nicolai support Abigail, she have managed to talk the Prince into letting her use the roof on her own, but Nicolai's support have been invaluable to do so, it is always good to have friends in high places vouch for you."

"He has not suffered permanent harm," he said, since he wasn't sure exactly how being staked rated as harm to her. It certainly hurt, very much, but apparently he could heal from it, as long as his mind was kept active, he was kept from light and he was fed then he would be able to keep through the next few days.

"Mr Roth Hicks very little leaves permanent harm on a vampire, mental trauma yes, permanent bodily harm no. I have had a leg thorn straight of by a werewolf, had half my body burn to ash and my jaw shot off by a musket ball, you will find no trace of these wounds on my body, they hurt like hell, but they healed so no permanent harm tell me very little, however very well I guess I will be satisfied with that."
Tyler said her voice never changing tone as she spoke of past injuries.

"He decided on his actions willingly in full disclosure beforehand in an agreement with us. He was given leave to go if he wished, aside from crises, and when asked again, chose to remain. At this time there is no plan that I know of that will lead to his death from my superior nor myself,"

"I see, he is kept staked then."
The vampire said softly.
"It makes sense from what you are saying, it is how I would put things delicately to the Sire of someone I was holding and your words lend themselves to that conclusion. Harm have been done, but not permanent harm, and he is with you but have been offered a chance to leave. If he was merely a guest you would have straight up said so, and just locking him up would not work, meaning we are left with two likely possibilities, something you have is worth it for him to be staked over it, or he have agreed to some sort of experimentation to be done on him, the first being more likely."
Tyler said then she sigh, she clearly was quite good at deducting and reading between the lines.
"No you do not need to reply Mr Roth Hicks, worried for Dennis safety as I may be, I am not his master, that is what I have fought to end my whole life, elders controlling the lives of younger vampires for all eternity, Dennis can make his own choices and if something your lot have to offer is worth it for him to take such a chance, that is his choice as long as he is there willingly and will not be executed, I am satisfied."
The vampire said she sounded worried but accepting, more like a mother who's son had just signed up with a military, she was not pleased with it and feared for her offspring's safety but she accepted that he was old enough to make his own choices.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:18 am

"Well Nicolai support Abigail, she have managed to talk the Prince into letting her use the roof on her own, but Nicolai's support have been invaluable to do so, it is always good to have friends in high places vouch for you."

It all clicked. "I see." Hell, here he thought that mage politics was a headache. Vampires seemed to have just as much, if not more, political nonsense and infighting along with a lived history sometimes spanning century. "I suppose that it does indeed." He sighed.

"Mr Roth Hicks very little leaves permanent harm on a vampire, mental trauma yes, permanent bodily harm no. I have had a leg thorn straight of by a werewolf, had half my body burn to ash and my jaw shot off by a musket ball, you will find no trace of these wounds on my body, they hurt like hell, but they healed so no permanent harm tell me very little, however very well I guess I will be satisfied with that."

"Christ..." he muttered. He could imagine someone that old and with healing abilities having sustained serious injuries, but having half of her body incinerated, and to talk about it like it was not more than a sprained ankle....

"I see, he is kept staked then." The vampire said softly. "It makes sense from what you are saying...Dennis can make his own choices and if something your lot have to offer is worth it for him to take such a chance, that is his choice as long as he is there willingly and will not be executed, I am satisfied."

Well, damn...she did not appear to be gunning for his imminent evisceration, something he was somewhat surprised about. He wanted to correct her on some of the finer points but he didn't want to give too much away either. He was a guest of a sort, but not exactly one that they could let roam around, given the danger - another thing that he could not and would not explain. Though she seemed to have some vague notion regarding that, as well, that embracing a mage was a bad idea if for no other reason but it pissed off mages, to say the least. Yet ironically Mr Lenoe was safer with them than out amongst the Nephandi at the moment, barring Bergen. This Tyler was very astute, though and volunteering information would only give her more to piece together. "He is not being held against his will," he said. "I do hope that in the coming days he will be able to explain some of this to you himself, assuming we are all around in a couple of days. That is what we're trying to achieve. I will call again when night falls regarding the arrangement for your childer though things may need to move quickly, if we're going to be able to stop this..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:03 am

It all clicked. "I see." Hell, here he thought that mage politics was a headache. Vampires seemed to have just as much, if not more, political nonsense and infighting along with a lived history sometimes spanning century. "I suppose that it does indeed." He sighed.

"Yes that is politics for you, someone vouch for you, then you do them a favor, often in getting others to do something then you do them favors...it gets complicated, but at the end of the day that is the core of it, Abigail got Nicolai in her corner and by that and her own powers of persuasion she managed to talk the Prince into taking her offer.

"He is not being held against his will," he said. "I do hope that in the coming days he will be able to explain some of this to you himself, assuming we are all around in a couple of days.

"Very well...I have accepted staking willingly a couple of times myself, when there was no other choice, those are not fond memories but...well whatever the circumstances require I guess. Just please keep him safe."
The old vampire said, she did not like this, that was clear but she accepted that Lenoe had his reasons.

That is what we're trying to achieve. I will call again when night falls regarding the arrangement for your childer though things may need to move quickly, if we're going to be able to stop this..."

"I and my Anarchs will be ready Mr Roth Hicks."
Tyler said.
"Was there then anything else before I fall back asleep?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:26 am

"Yes that is politics for you, someone vouch for you, then you do them a favor, often in getting others to do something then you do them favors...it gets complicated, but at the end of the day that is the core of it, Abigail got Nicolai in her corner and by that and her own powers of persuasion she managed to talk the Prince into taking her offer."

A societal constant then...and a universal pain in the backside. "Hrm, I wonder what she offered him..." He frowned. "Or Nicolai offered to him..."

"Very well...I have accepted staking willingly a couple of times myself, when there was no other choice, those are not fond memories but...well whatever the circumstances require I guess. Just please keep him safe."

"I can't promise him indefinite safety but yes, we are trying for the time being." They hadn't just stuck him in a cupboard and forgot about him, but there were many more mages even within the Traditions, even his own House, who would not think twice of killing him once they were done using him. Especially considering what he'd done to Tobias. And the Nephandi had already run across him once, though that was to get to Tobias. Hell, it was not like he could promise indefinite safety to anyone...what a hell of a week, when he was working to make sure Monday even existed to be lamented by the average everyday person.

"I and my Anarchs will be ready Mr Roth Hicks." Tyler said. "Was there then anything else before I fall back asleep?"

"How many do you think you might be able to get to help? Anarchs...you've said this word before. For now, I don't think there is anything else but there probably will be more when we speak again, other than to ask what is the earliest I can expect you to be roused?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:53 am

Friday:

When a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, it dies, but it is not final. That's a Little Death. Even without being a mage, Little Deaths are part of people's life, there are moments when Little Deaths occur. The first time someone near to us dies, the first time you travel for a long time, the first time you breathe... Little Deaths all of them. But they occur all the same with mages and sleepers. We just have them more regularly, and with an obvious purpose.

Saturday:

There's more than you. And i'm happy to be part of you and of everything else. Welcome is what you say when someone enters you, or any place, really. ANd conciousnes is being aware of yourself and being able to talk
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 am

Colin grinned appreciatively, scarfed down his second sandwich, and resumed his work on explaining the Rote.

((OOC: Ack, Tane, you DO realize what "The Little Death" is, right? I get what you're saying, but choice of euphemism, mate! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 am

Colin:

You get the rote jotted down, well reasonably well, writing down magick is not always that easy, but you get the general idea transferred to paper.

Adley:

A societal constant then...and a universal pain in the backside. "Hrm, I wonder what she offered him..." He frowned. "Or Nicolai offered to him..."

"She offered the Prince, or rather the Prince and the Primogen two things, protection and power. Abigail managed to take out a cell of mortal hunters that have been a pain in the ass recently, and have offered to lead her strength to protecting Elysium, she also offered to teach the Prince her powers, that however I sort of doubt if is even possible."
Tyler said and shook her head.
"Then again the Tremere got magic so who knows. What Nicolai offered the Prince, I do not know."

"I can't promise him indefinite safety but yes, we are trying for the time being."

"Good, just tell your kind that if he dies, I will be most displeased."
Tyler said in a tone of voice that left little room for speculation about how she would express said displeasure.

"How many do you think you might be able to get to help? Anarchs...you've said this word before. For now, I don't think there is anything else but there probably will be more when we speak again, other than to ask what is the earliest I can expect you to be roused?"

"Fifteen, perhaps twenty. Anarchs is well, we are not so happy about how things are run in our society and want it to be more fair, let us leave it at that."
Tyler commented.
"Half and hour after sunset, but as long as the sun is down the phone should be able to wake me."

Tane:

Friday:

When a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, it dies, but it is not final. That's a Little Death. Even without being a mage, Little Deaths are part of people's life, there are moments when Little Deaths occur. The first time someone near to us dies, the first time you travel for a long time, the first time you breathe... Little Deaths all of them. But they occur all the same with mages and sleepers. We just have them more regularly, and with an obvious purpose.

"So what you are talking about is changes and transitions? Sure I can deal with that I think."
Lily said and nodded.
"The terminology is a bit macabre though."
She added.
"Are the other mages like you Tane?"
The girl then asked.

Saturday:

There's more than you. And i'm happy to be part of you and of everything else. Welcome is what you say when someone enters you, or any place, really. ANd conciousnes is being aware of yourself and being able to talk

"There is nothing more, this house is all I am."
The Umbrood said.
"Yes I am glad, I like people living in me, warming me with voices and laughter, then I have a purpose. Yes then you are welcome."
The grandfatherly being said, it did not understand how there could be anything else but what it was, like most spirits he was perfect, but he was only what he was and nothing else.
"I can talk and I know that I am...I am this house."
He said happily.

(OOC: Oh she will surly be having some of those as well when she meets a nice boy mage...or boy sleeper or boy take your pick of critters in the World of Darkness. Coawa is always ready and willing to spawn. Razz The term is also used in allot of spiritual systems though to mean chances and developments.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 am

"She offered the Prince, or rather the Prince and the Primogen two things, protection and power. Abigail managed to take out a cell of mortal hunters that have been a pain in the ass recently, and have offered to lead her strength to protecting Elysium, she also offered to teach the Prince her powers, that however I sort of doubt if is even possible."

"Hm...I see. Well, as you said she does seem to know just the right carrots to dangle." As for the Tremere...what they'd given up by becoming vampires, and what they managed to hold onto was another story entirely.

"Good, just tell your kind that if he dies, I will be most displeased." Tyler said in a tone of voice that left little room for speculation about how she would express said displeasure.

Adley sighed. "Again, I cannot afford him protection indefinitely from all of 'my kind' any more than you could afford it to me for all of yours," he said in a reasonable tone. "However, what I have told you is true concerning his state as well as about the Nephandi, who have brought us both into this predicament regarding our cities. I understand your stance and worry for your childe but it was his choice to make this arrangement and his actions that brought us into contact in the first place. I have no great desire to earn your displeasure over that any more than I think you would want to earn ours, especially not when there are Nephandi are working their way into your society." He certainly didn't want an enemy out of her but threatening him was hardly going to bring any good result for either of them.

"Fifteen, perhaps twenty. Anarchs is well, we are not so happy about how things are run in our society and want it to be more fair, let us leave it at that." Tyler commented. "Half and hour after sunset, but as long as the sun is down the phone should be able to wake me."

That seemed like quite a few vampires, though quantity was not always quality...and he was not sure how much they could be trusted, if at all. So far though, she seemed much like Lenoe had said she would be, to the point, if a bit groggy and unsurprisingly not happy to learn he was staked. She was sharp and did not seem the type to take or give much bullshit. On the other hand, a mother might do anything to secure their child's welfare. "Very well, until then. Sleep well."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:09 am

Colin smiled to himself, and set about writing a few copies of the pages.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 am

Adley:

"Hm...I see. Well, as you said she does seem to know just the right carrots to dangle." As for the Tremere...what they'd given up by becoming vampires, and what they managed to hold onto was another story entirely.

"Well the best manipulators never force anyone to do anything, they make you think you want it, they make you beg for it while at the same time playing right into their hands."

Adley sighed. "Again, I cannot afford him protection indefinitely from all of 'my kind' any more than you could afford it to me for all of yours," he said in a reasonable tone. "However, what I have told you is true concerning his state as well as about the Nephandi, who have brought us both into this predicament regarding our cities. I understand your stance and worry for your childe but it was his choice to make this arrangement and his actions that brought us into contact in the first place. I have no great desire to earn your displeasure over that any more than I think you would want to earn ours, especially not when there are Nephandi are working their way into your society." He certainly didn't want an enemy out of her but threatening him was hardly going to bring any good result for either of them.

Tyler sigh then she says.
"It seams to be a fine mess we all find ourselves in."
The vampire was silent for a moment then she added.
"I do believe that you do not want Dennis any harm, but I do worry for him, I guess I will get more details when I speak with him though."
She said then she sigh again.
"Damn it, this probably have something to do with that boy of his, I knew that would be trouble, on the other hand I guess he could not just abandon the kid either."

"Very well, until then. Sleep well."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, not that I have much choice in that matter."
Tyler said and she hesitated a moment before she hung up, as if she wanted to say something more about Lenoe and then thought better of it, her childe would have to lay in the bed he had made for himself, right now she could not do much to protect him, no matter how much it displeased her to hear of his condition.

Colin:

As you work on the notes Cita comes out of the Chief's office, she had a sandwich in one hand and her computer bag in the other.
"Mr Wainwright..."
She said politely in greeting as she passed you on her way to the stairs, probably she would be checking on Tobias.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07 am

"Well the best manipulators never force anyone to do anything, they make you think you want it, they make you beg for it while at the same time playing right into their hands."

Adley frowned, wondering again if this woman could be trusted or not - at least as far a trust as their current agreement that Nephandi in the city were bad, and whatever they had planned should be stopped. It was a risk but her information seemed at least to make sense and it could hopefully be checked and verified in some manner at least in part. "It is distressing to hear that her efforts have gone so far."

Tyler sigh then she says. "It seams to be a fine mess we all find ourselves in." The vampire was silent for a moment then she added. "I do believe that you do not want Dennis any harm, but I do worry for him, I guess I will get more details when I speak with him though." She said then she sigh again. "Damn it, this probably have something to do with that boy of his, I knew that would be trouble, on the other hand I guess he could not just abandon the kid either."

"It is a mess. Let's see if we can prevent it from becoming a much worse one."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, not that I have much choice in that matter."Tyler said and she hesitated a moment before she hung up, as if she wanted to say something more about Lenoe...

He waited to see if she was ever going to ask the question that she seemed on the verge of asking but she hung up instead, leaving him to wonder what it had been or if he should be grateful she didn't ask. He put the phone away and closed his eyes a moment, realising he'd been pacing the floor the whole last part of the conversation. Then he took a deep breath to try to clear his head. He was tired, hungry and part of him was still reeling from what he'd just heard and everything that had happened just that day, nevermind over the week. Compared to others though he was fresh as a day old daisy and it just needed to be dealt with somehow. He opened the doors to the chambers and made a direct bee-line to the Security Office, eyes sweeping across the halls to take note of what was happening as he passed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 am

"It is distressing to hear that her efforts have gone so far."

"Well she will find her efforts wasted eventually Mr Roth hicks for if she intends harm upon this city she will be taken down."
Tyler said calmly.

"It is a mess. Let's see if we can prevent it from becoming a much worse one."

"No Mr Roth Hicks a greater mess there will be, but hopefully a less destructive one, in situations like this one never prevent mess, one try to ensure the mess one is having is one that is survivable."
The vampire said sounding like she spoke from experience.

He opened the doors to the chambers and made a direct bee-line to the Security Office, eyes sweeping across the halls to take note of what was happening as he passed.

You see Ryan apparently on babysitting duty for Hildegaard's little apprentice, the child was sitting on the floor by one of the windows drawing spiders, she could apparently see Uragi's children. Ryan gave you a nod as you passed him while he kept half an eye on the little mage child, the Chantry was safe off course but under the circumstances one could never be sure. You see Andrew on his way out of the library with a stack of books in his arms and a small group of Disciples, Akashics and one of the Euthanatos heading down one corridor, the young mages where probably on guard duty, going from hallway to hallway making sure all was calm and safe.

Outside of your mentor's office you see Cita on her way towards the stairs, a sandwich in one hand and her computer bag in the other. The small Virtual Adept looked concerned but she gave you a bright smile when she saw you.
"Hello Adley."
She said as she passed you but she did not stop unless up spoke to her or indicated you wanted her attention, you also see Colin working on his notes outside of the Security Office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:29 pm

"No Mr Roth Hicks a greater mess there will be, but hopefully a less destructive one, in situations like this one never prevent mess, one try to ensure the mess one is having is one that is survivable."

"A survivable mess, then." That was true enough he supposed. But there were messes, and then there were catastrophes.

As he passed Ryan and gave the man a nod. Spotting Hildegaard's apprentice, he smiled a little at the drawing. It seemed like the children were still there. He would like five minutes to greet them, at least, he thought with a sigh. Or sleep. Or eat..."Andrew, please give my regards to your mentor, when you see him. Be well," he said as he passed by. He smiled back to Cita, and then pretended to duck away, "I haven't forgotten what you said, but needs must..." he said referring to her direction to get his mentor to rest.

"Colin, haven you already spoken with the chief? The call took a few minutes, but you're probably going to want to hear this."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next