Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 26 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Adley Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 am

"We believe we are here to serve the Cycle, not ourselves, nor do we look at death as a negative thing. When a person die that causes pain to his or her loved one and that is regrettable indeed, but the person itself get to continue though the Cycle."

"It's hard to separate the latter, from the former...Still, others dying though...suffering, it's hard but I don't want it to be easier, I think."

"Very well, I will be ready, do I need to bring anything other than weapons and my tools?" He asked as he applied more oil to one of the parts of his gun. "I will tell Francesca to get ready as well.

"I don't believe so, at this time. I'll let you know if I find that has changed."

"And while I usually do not like to be kept in the dark, I do understand the precautions needed in this case, to much have happened and to much are at stake not to be cautious."

"It will be easier to speak with you and Mandis together. It is not that I want to keep you in the dark but like you said, too much has happened. I'd rather be free to tell you; I do trust you Adjan," he said simply. "I should go, I will be in touch soon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 26 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 am

"It's hard to separate the latter, from the former...Still, others dying though...suffering, it's hard but I don't want it to be easier, I think."

"I do not like to see anyone suffer, nor is it right to bring to others unless it is to prevent greater suffering and even then...it is not an easy decision."
Adjan said and sigh.
"And even if I am Euthanatos I still mourn the deaths of loved ones, I just know that the mourning is for me, that I can no longer be with them, while they have gone on to a new adventure."

"I don't believe so, at this time. I'll let you know if I find that has changed."

"Very well, I will get ready then."
The death magus said.

"It will be easier to speak with you and Mandis together. It is not that I want to keep you in the dark but like you said, too much has happened. I'd rather be free to tell you; I do trust you Adjan," he said simply. "I should go, I will be in touch soon."

Adjan nodded he rose to walk you to the door.
"I understand, and I am grateful for your trust Adley."
He said with a little smile.
"I trust both you and the Chief, I will talk with Francesca, both of us will be ready when we are called for and we can get the details then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:20 am

Colin nodded, "Choose a silver purity, and I should be able to give you a good price... Naturally, as a Chantry member, there's a discount on the work to begin with, and if you like, as exchange for this favor... We will work something out."
He sniffed the air again, "Ah, yes, far preferable to curdled milk or off-colour fires, is it not?"

Colin carefully finished the last circle of the octagram, preparing to engrave the little glyphs within, and gave a small shrug, "Who knows, indeed; it might never have gotten off the ground..." He carefully put down the dremel and turned around slowly, "...I know that voice, but I haven't heard it since... when was it, again?"
He mentally noted how odd it was, that the hairs on his neck weren't rising; he sensed no danger, no threat, yet it was something that... shouldn't have been there?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 am

Colin nodded, "Choose a silver purity, and I should be able to give you a good price... Naturally, as a Chantry member, there's a discount on the work to begin with, and if you like, as exchange for this favor... We will work something out."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright. You do not need to repay me for this rote though, we all have to do our part to keep the Chantry safe."
Mara said as she found her spot to sit and settled down.
"I will get you the specifics and off course I will pay you for your work."
She added.

He sniffed the air again, "Ah, yes, far preferable to curdled milk or off-colour fires, is it not?"

"Yes I imagine that it is. I have probably been lucky there."
The Deaconess said.

Colin carefully finished the last circle of the octagram, preparing to engrave the little glyphs within, and gave a small shrug, "Who knows, indeed; it might never have gotten off the ground..."

In your mind's eye you see the house you had lived in with your family on Horizon in your future vision, it was not luxurious but with your work on the Umbra docks and Freddy creating hanging spells for other mages, for a fee of course, you had managed to provide well for your children.
"Do you remember the conversation that might never happen."
The voice said softly.

He carefully put down the dremel and turned around slowly, "...I know that voice, but I haven't heard it since... when was it, again?"
He mentally noted how odd it was, that the hairs on his neck weren't rising; he sensed no danger, no threat, yet it was something that... shouldn't have been there?

As you work, you see yourself on the porch of your house, it was a green house, Freddy's favorite color, a four bedroom cottage style home with a yard for the children to play in. You know you have a roast in the oven that needs to be check on, but not quite yet, right now you can sit in the mild breeze and enjoy the dual sunsets. This is not like your Seeking, you are still working, still aware it is more like a daydream...perhaps it is only a daydream.

As your fantasy self sit enjoying the peace and quiet of the evening on your porch a small, blue hybrid car pulls up in your yard, you know that car and you know that it's owner only have five more payments to go on it. Concordia will see a wast variation of vehicles, from horse and carriage, to however crafts to in this case a five year old, slightly used pre owned Nissan blue hybrid. Out of the car steps a man, and you know he have been at your house many times, he is like an uncle to your children. Patrick Dale was older than when you had seen him when you took him for the apartment of a dead Technocrat, then he had been a boy of 19 though now he was nearly 40, his hair was short, spiky and blond, and he was dressed in blue jeans and a white sweater, he looked good though, he looked healthy, the frightened, abused child he had been was gone and he gave you a smile as he walked up to the porch. You remember that you had invited him to have dinner with you and your family this evening.

Your daughters suddenly come bursting out of the door.
"Uncle Patrick...!"
They called and your friend lifted one of them and gave her a bit of a spin in the air before putting her back down on the ground, wincing ever so slightly as he did so...yes that was right, his shoulder he had injured it long ago and it had never fully healed.
"Ah little ones, here look what I brought from earth for you."
He said and reached into his bag and produced a large paper bag of chocolates and sweets and your little daughters squealed in delight.
"Now...now you may have one now but wait with the rest until after dinner, I do not want your mother angry at me."
Patrick cautioned.
"And go and share some with your brother."
He said as the girls thanked him and then ran to find your oldest child who was studying in his room.

Patrick walked over to you as he lifted one hand to massage his shoulder.
"Trouble is coming Colin I can feel it, my shoulder is killing me and my Brand is aching...they always do before shit hits the fan...and now I sound like some old crone."
Your friend said as he dumped down into a garden chair beside you.
"You will never guess who I ran into at the Security Council's offices when I went to check in, you know how they like to keep tabs on me. Anyway Liv Bergen? I guess I should not be surprised with House Janissary in so much trouble as of late...but did you not rescue her back in the day, during the troubles in Boston?"
Patrick said and pain crossed his eyes as he spoke of it.
"Anyway I wonder how that rescue operation had gone if you had not had that vision you spoke about in the future before the rescue mission, you know the one where you said you had a conversation with an friend in a possible future and told him how lucky you had been to have found a defected Iteration X agent living in one of the other apartments, one who was willing to help your cause and who's Primium implants made him able to get through the wards the...oh what was the problem that time? Vampires? Had put on the apartment, I mean if you had triggered those wards...I doubt we would be sitting here today having this conversation."

With this the daydream...fantasy or whatever it had been slowly faded from your mind, and it was just you and Mara in your little workshop once more.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Colin smiled and gave a small wave as Patrick climbed out of his car, "You're starting to cut these visits a bit close, aren't you? The roast should be ready in just, oh, ten minutes or so? You usually have at least twenty minutes to spare, so we can reminisce..."
He grinned at the candy handouts, "Not wishing to anger Freddy is a wise plan. She's never let up on those threats of necromancers, should I get myself killed; Heavens know what she'd do if you spoiled our dear children's appetites, even if I am the chef."
He nodded somberly as Patrick sat down, "I know; I've been watching the signs, waiting... The children are growing up to the right age, and now you've come to dinner... The attack is coming. And I still don't know how I might get out alive. I will win, that much I know, but not now I will survive..."
He smiled, "Ah, yes, Liv Bergen, she used to be a rather adorable little girl; too bad about her father, but that's the way things go... I can understand how she never seems to have forgiven that whole debacle. And really, we're having that future conversation right now. Reminiscing is a funny old business, isn't it?"

Colin blinked slowly, shaking his head and glancing over at Mara, "I... don't suppose that dream is still lingering with yet another few nuggets of information?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Colin smiled and gave a small wave as Patrick climbed out of his car, "You're starting to cut these visits a bit close, aren't you? The roast should be ready in just, oh, ten minutes or so? You usually have at least twenty minutes to spare, so we can reminisce..."

Patrick gave a grin and an apologetic motion of his hand.
"Don't blame me, blame the folks at the Security Council, I had to wait for over an hour before someone could be bothered to do the same old control routine."
Your old friend said and shook his head.
"But I guess they where busy with something."

He grinned at the candy handouts, "Not wishing to anger Freddy is a wise plan. She's never let up on those threats of necromancers, should I get myself killed; Heavens know what she'd do if you spoiled our dear children's appetites, even if I am the chef."

"Such things are best not to speculate about."
Patrick said with a playful smirk.
"And I do believe she would do it do if you got yourself killed my old friend, find some poor necromancer and bully him into bringing you back, and that would just be bad both for the necromancer and for you."

He nodded somberly as Patrick sat down, "I know; I've been watching the signs, waiting... The children are growing up to the right age, and now you've come to dinner... The attack is coming. And I still don't know how I might get out alive. I will win, that much I know, but not now I will survive..."

"Yes, well we have warned people, done what we can, now all we can do is make sure our ships are in top condition and wait."
The former Nephandus said and sigh.
"I would miss you if you get yourself killed though old friend."
He muttered somberly.

He smiled, "Ah, yes, Liv Bergen, she used to be a rather adorable little girl; too bad about her father, but that's the way things go... I can understand how she never seems to have forgiven that whole debacle. And really, we're having that future conversation right now. Reminiscing is a funny old business, isn't it?"

"Well it is hard to know who to trust when you are betrayed by the very ones that where supposed to have your back."
Patrick said and a bit of the old pain came back to his eyes.
"First her father side with the Nephandi and now the trouble with her House...still you saved her soul Colin, you and your team."
He said then he nodded.
"I know, this is a future and a past for both of us, but it is a future that may not even exist unless you stop Larson..."
He said as the vision, or perhaps dream faded from you and became like mist before it was gone leaving only the memory of the future conversation.

Colin blinked slowly, shaking his head and glancing over at Mara, "I... don't suppose that dream is still lingering with yet another few nuggets of information?"

Mara looked up and shook her head.
"No the dream have left for now Mr Wainwright, but that time is not done with you, so it might return and give you more memories you have yet to experience."
The Deaconess said enigmatically.
"I guess you could try to force it, but that would be dangerous, the dream comes and go as it wishes to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Colin nodded, "I don't know enough about Time yet, and I certainly understand nothing of the so-called Mind Sphere; I don't even know where I might begin to force it. Best not try anything... Er, did you perchance catch any of it?"
He adjusted his jeweler's lens and started the little symbols inside the octagram's corner circles, "That future is giving me some unsettling hints... I just pray there's one aspect I might be able to prevent... Hmmm, so he is given some leniency... good..."
He frowned briefly, and muttered to himself, "How the Hell did he get away with Branding? Unless... he could be mended, perhaps? Must ask Mistress Telar about that possibility..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:33 pm

"I could help you force it Mr Wainwright but like I said I do not recommend it, things like this are best left for when they come naturally, it is arrogant to try to use a hammer where a little patience will bring forth greater gifts."
The Deaconess said softly.
"No, I saw the dream come to you but I did not see what you dreamed, I never would enter another's mind or dreams without permission."
The old mage said.
"I value my privacy and assume others do the same."

"Unsettling hints Mr Wainwright?"
Mara asked.
"And who was given leniency? I am afraid you have lost me...not that it is that uncommon, often it seams this world moves in ways I do not understand."
She said and glanced around as if to make a point of her words.
"Branding? Are there someone you met in your dream you are talking about?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Colin smiled wryly and looked up again, "I would never ask you to pry - far from it - however, if you had seen glimpses surrounding me, I would not have taken offense; in fact, I would have asked you to verify, if necessary. As it is... Well, in some two decades' time, the Nephandi will attack Horizon with their ghastly polyps. I will, as it happens, be part of the defenses at that time, and successfully disable one of the battlecruisers... I saw no sign I might survive the ordeal, and that is rather unsettling, in and of itself. And now, I know another way I might die before that can happen... and how I will have prevented that unfortunate outcome."
He sighed, "Yes, I'm sure you've been informed about the Technocrat boy we rescued the other day, Patrick Dale? It looks as though he's going to be the one to remind me of how I survive today, twenty years from now... Branded, but still alive and well, except for a niggling injury. Most unexpected."
He shook his head, "But that's a concern for later... Unless we save Boston, none of it will come to pass; at least, none of it involving me..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Colin smiled wryly and looked up again, "I would never ask you to pry - far from it - however, if you had seen glimpses surrounding me, I would not have taken offense; in fact, I would have asked you to verify, if necessary.

"It seams I can not verify Mr Wainwright, you have to have faith, and decide for yourself if what you saw where real or not. All I saw around you where the presence of the dream, not what it contained."

As it is... Well, in some two decades' time, the Nephandi will attack Horizon with their ghastly polyps. I will, as it happens, be part of the defenses at that time, and successfully disable one of the battlecruisers... I saw no sign I might survive the ordeal, and that is rather unsettling, in and of itself.

"Well yes Mr Wainwright I can see how that would be unsettling."
Mara said then she sigh.
"The future is not set in stone though, and all that have not yet come to pass can be changed, what have come to pass can be changed as well, but at far greater cost."

And now, I know another way I might die before that can happen... and how I will have prevented that unfortunate outcome."
He sighed, "Yes, I'm sure you've been informed about the Technocrat boy we rescued the other day, Patrick Dale?

"The young Barrabus? Yes I have been informed about him, a most unfortunate case."
The Deaconess said.

It looks as though he's going to be the one to remind me of how I survive today, twenty years from now... Branded, but still alive and well, except for a niggling injury. Most unexpected."

"That is unexpected indeed, a Barrabus would normally...well there would be nothing left to brand, there have to be quite extraordinary circumstances for such a man to be spared. Hum...reminding you how how to survive today...well then perhaps there have been value to your dream then Mr Wainwright."
Mara said as she slowly stood and wiped off her dress.

He shook his head, "But that's a concern for later... Unless we save Boston, none of it will come to pass; at least, none of it involving me..."

"Yes this city falling to the Nephandi would be most unfortunate, they would kill every hope and dream, every ray of light until all that is left is darkness and despair and that have to be stopped, or very few of us will live past Monday."
The Deaconess said and she wounded worried, fearful even.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Colin smiled and resumed his work, "Well, to quote a movie from a few years back, until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. I'll work on the idea in the back of my head while preparing for battle... Dealing with one urgent crisis logically means my creative side gets all the time it wants to play around with non-urgent problems."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:02 pm

"And even if I am Euthanatos I still mourn the deaths of loved ones, I just know that the mourning is for me, that I can no longer be with them, while they have gone on to a new adventure."

He nodded at that. "Yes...there are things worse than death...." he frowned. "Well, this is not the time for a conversation like this, just that I do hope Mrs Mandis can continue her adventure here with us for some while yet." He let it rest at that as there would not be much he could say if it were not so. There were things that an apology felt rather inadequate for, after all.

Adjan nodded he rose to walk you to the door. "I understand, and I am grateful for your trust Adley." He said with a little smile. "I trust both you and the Chief, I will talk with Francesca, both of us will be ready when we are called for and we can get the details then."

"Thank you, Adjan," he returned and headed downstairs towards the holding cells.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Colin:

"Well in my experience Mr Wainwright, the only way to live is to assume that one will have all the time in the world while at the same time enjoying each moment as if it was one's last."
Mara said.
"How go your work?"

Adley:

He nodded at that. "Yes...there are things worse than death...." he frowned. "Well, this is not the time for a conversation like this, just that I do hope Mrs Mandis can continue her adventure here with us for some while yet." He let it rest at that as there would not be much he could say if it were not so. There were things that an apology felt rather inadequate for, after all.

"Yes there is indeed."
The Euthanatos said and sigh then he nodded.
"Indeed I hope the same, it is up to Francesca's Avatar now though if this is a life it can continue to learn from, hopefully it is."

"Thank you, Adjan," he returned and headed downstairs towards the holding cells.

You go down into the basement, Antonio is still guarding the door to Kyle's cell, the Scribe give you a polite nod as you pass him. You find your mentor just finishing up a conversation with Freddy down by the cell, the only actual cell in the Chantry, that housed Gloria Ceris.
"Very well then as soon as a replacement for my guard duty here are sent down I will head to your office Sir."
She said and Jeffry nodded.
"Thank you Miss Adlebloom, I will give you the rest of the details then."
The old Hermetic said then he turned to you and smiled.
"Well then mea filius let us see if Mr Bergen's hubris is indeed what will make him talk."
He said then added.
"If you are ready?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:53 am

Colin finished the heart symbol, "A good philosophy. The pendulum is almost done in the mold, and my new Focus is almost finished... All that remains is to finish the last three glyphs on the ring, and file and rinse the pendulum. It should take a little while, but I am about half done; perhaps a little more than half done... Er, it's not going to disrupt the time bubble if I use magic within it, I trust?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 am

"You can use magick inside of the time bubble Mr Wainwright."
Mara said then she nodded.
"Very well, go on with your work Mr Wainwright."
She said as she continued to sit on the floor, meditating as she maintained the time bubble.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:51 am

Friday:

"I do get bothers when others hurt people as well, but that do not mean I want to add to that and do harm myself."
Lily said softly.
"Though I guess you are right that it would be using a resource I have, still, I am not sure how I feel about using connecting with spirits for personal monetary gain, I mean like you do it is fine but with winning lotteries and such."

You'll find your way to pull your own weight. He said, dismissive.

"I know and I want to live my own life."
The young girl said and sigh.
"But it is not always easy, I mean I love my mother and she love me and I know she is pushing me because she think she know what is best for me, it is just that at times I feel I am living her life and not mine."

You'll have to find a way to live happyly and not harming her. You'll find that way once you get to know what you waant to do.

"I think I understand...perhaps...they feel but they are not human and they are whatever type of spirit they are and think from that perspective, not a human one?"

They've their own perspective, that's it.

"That is...incredible..."
Lily muttered.
"Can you do allot of things Tane?"

Only manipulate spirits and base quintessence, but i'm out there looking for a teacher in the ways of the mind.

"This Paradox thing is starting to sound more and more scary."
Lily said and widened her eyes.
"Groups like yours control those that would do harm with magick? Do that there are laws among those that can do such things?"

Essencialy we're human, Lily. We're assholes, we hurt each other, we're stupid. And so, we have law, we have politics and the like. But i'm sure that people that do magic are not bad, always, in the far end... just mistaken.

"It sounds like there are some really hefty cost to doing magick then...but I have been seeing spirits since the fire and I have never gotten ill or anything."
Lily said.
"Your tattoos move that is so cool, there is a Marvel Superhero that do that."
The young girl exclaimed.

Nature finds it's balance, in any way.

Saturday:

Ok... See you. Tane said and went on his way
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 am

He nodded back to Antonio, raising his hand in greeting as he passed by him. When he came upon his mentor speaking to Freddie, he gave her a tired smile and waited for them to conclude their business. It seemed that the team would be five, which was larger than they had discussed before. Five and then six back was a large amount of paradox to handle if they were going to teleport around. "Mrs Addlebloom, pater." Then he nodded at the Chief. "Yes. If you'll excuse us please," he said to Freddy.

// I survived my ten hour work day, hooray!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:07 am

Tane:

Friday:

You'll find your way to pull your own weight. He said, dismissive.

"I guess you are right about that, I will find some way to be useful."
The girl said and smiled.

You'll have to find a way to live happyly and not harming her. You'll find that way once you get to know what you waant to do.

"I hope so though I do not think my mother will ever accept me doing anything but what she desire for me."
Lily said and sigh.

They've their own perspective, that's it.

The young girl nodded at that.

Only manipulate spirits and base quintessence, but i'm out there looking for a teacher in the ways of the mind.

"Quintessence that was the energy thingy right?"
Lily asked.

Essencialy we're human, Lily. We're assholes, we hurt each other, we're stupid. And so, we have law, we have politics and the like. But i'm sure that people that do magic are not bad, always, in the far end... just mistaken.

"So mages are like everyone else, just with more power?"
Lily asked.
"What are those laws by the way?"

Nature finds it's balance, in any way.

"I guess it do at that."
Lily said she still seamed hyped up about your moving tattoos. You see the bus that would take you to the stop close to the Chantry pull up at the bus stop.

Saturday:

Ok... See you. Tane said and went on his way

After walking a distance and taking the bus, then some more walking you get to Steelhaven, there is a tense feeling over the place, as if everyone are on edge and the ones who had not met you yet gave you suspicious glances as you walked into the Chantry.

Adley:

Freddy smile to you, she somehow always managed to seam peppy, she and your mentor conclude their talks and Jeffry motions for you to come with him to the storage room where Ulv Bergen was being kept. Freddy nodded as you left.
"See you later Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.

Jeffry lead the way into Bergen's cell, the captured Cultist sat up a little straighter when the two other magi entered.
"So you two have come to torture me like Wainwright threatened?"
He asked and it was clear he was fighting not to let his fear show. Your mentor gave a slight smile.
"Not quite yet Mr Bergen, for now, we just want to talk..."
He said and glanced at you, well it was time to try to push the traitor's buttons.

(OOC: Huzzah, we you should probably be in bed then. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:53 am

Colin finished the ring, blew the last bit of dust off it, and put it on, stepping inside his circle to clear his system.
"Scoria expurgate," he said, and felt the brief rush through his system, clearing out residues of various sorts.
Looking down at his ring, he smiled, "Perhaps not perfect, but more than good enough. Now to finish the primary work..."
He smoothly brought the cast pendulum over to the workbench, and started the final cleanup of the form, carefully measuring and weighing it along the way to make sure he didn't accidentally shave off too much, or leave too much behind. Afterwards, he gathered up the silver shavings and the rest of the spoon into a small box, labeled it "Julia von Hess", and set it aside for later. Then he cut a suitable length of chain and attached a regular clasp to the ends, threaded the pendulum, and smiled to himself, "There. I believe that should be the lot of it. Lady Mara, if you please, we can return to, hm, normal time. Er, how long has it been, now?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 pm

"I do believe it have been around two and a half hours in here, so perhaps fifteen minutes outside of this time bubble."
Mara said and slowly stood with some effort, she was healthy but with her size getting up from the floor was not exactly elegant.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, if you are done with your tasks I will bring us back in sync in time with those around us, if that is what you mean by back to normal time."
The Deaconess said again she moved her hands and begun to chant in the strange language she had used before, again the air filled with the small of a warm summer breeze and then Mara nodded.
"All should be back to normal as you call it now Mr Wainwright."
The fairy mystic said before she winched a little from the Paradox that hit her.
"Shall we go back to the Chantry?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Colin nodded, "We had best make haste; I need to confer with the Chief, as well as Miss Adlebloom; I just learned of an important asset for today... and they won't like it."
He extended an arm, "Would you like to steady yourself on me, Milady?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Mara gave a slight smile and let you help her up, her skin was warm and almost electrical to touch, as if you could almost feel the dynamic energy inside of her just by her hand supporting her on your arm.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
She said before she waited for you to open the door for her and lock up your work shop and get ready to go back.
"We better not delay then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow at the touch, slipped the pendulum in a suitable case and pocketed it, and checked that the signet ring stayed on his finger, "Quite. You've saved me a substantial amount of time, and for that, I thank you... and hopefully, so will Liv Bergen, when all of this is sorted out."
Quickly resetting the alarm and locking up, Colin led Mara at her own pace back to the Chantry, "I hope the Paradox wasn't too unpleasant?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Mara nodded she gave you a bit of a smile.
"I do what I have to for the Chantry."
She said.
"And I do hope that Liv Bergen can be rescued."
Mara walked slowly by your side back to Steelhaven's main gate.
"Paradox is always unpleasant Mr Wainwright, but it was nothing that will endanger me at this point and if it can help deal with the Nephandi it was worth it."
The old mage said.

You get to the Chantry and Mara give you a bit of a smile.
"Now if you will excuse me Mr Wainwright, to talk and behave in ways that most people in this world expect is...tiring...I wish to go and be alone...oh and good luck today."
The old mage said before she walked towards the stairs and her room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Colin bowed politely, "Your ancestry gives you a capricious nature, does it not? Rest well, and I will get started on your horseshoes next week. And thank you for the help."
Then he sighed, and pulled up his phone to call Freddie as he headed for von Hess' apartment, "Freddie? It's Colin... I'm going to ask you for an unpleasant favour... There's a... person I need you to find in the building Miss Bergen is held... A defector from Iteration X. He will be vital for survival today, i fear; I'm going to have a word with the Chief about it as soon as I see him, but I have two other errands to run first... Do you know where he is at the moment?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next