Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 13 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Colin nodded grimly, "Oh, she's not sacrificing them in the sense of throwing them away... she is sacrificing them, it seems. It's the explanation that seems most likely based on the information we've gathered to date on how she wants widderslaintes and chronomancers."

"Wonderful a Nephandus that is even a danger to her own kind. I am not sure I want to know what she is up to."
Adjan muttered then he added softly.
"We have to find a way to stop that woman before her plans come to fruition."

He smiled thinly at the cyborg, "If it helps, I am just doing the theoretical work, not the, hm, practical deviancy. If I can work out how to funnel the trap's quintessence into something less... blatantly vulgar, I could probably..."

The cyborg just grunted, Freddy though grinned and looked up from her phone.
"Practical Deviancy now that would be an awesome name for a band."
She said then she seamed to consider something.
"Could you perhaps channel the Quintessence into a less vulgar rote, like oh something to do with chance and luck perhaps."
She asked.

He frowned a little, "Now there is a possibility... That Aegis impedes the use of magic or... cybernetic procedures. It works selectively, which makes it a lot more complex than something that shuts down everyone. Complexity is a weakness... if pressed, hmmm...

"I am not so sure taking down an Aegis is as simple as taking down a piece of equipment with moving parts, the tin can...ehm...Hermetics sorry Adley, have been using that rote for years and they do not tend to keep using what is not effective, if one inventive guy can just pick the ward a part at the seams then well, it probably would have died out long ago."
Freddy muttered before she gave Adley an apologetic look about the slur on his Tradition.

You think that you can use the Quintessence your rote draws out to fuel a aggressive Entropy effect and attack the Aegis, what good it will do you do not know but at least it will cause less Paradox, but you will not have much control, you can just basically toss the energy at the ward and hope for the best.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 13 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Colin nodded, "Chance and luck is certainly a possibility, but I think I can funnel the quintessence into, well, aggressively pressing against the Aegis. It will not be able to do something as fancy as to dismantle it, but more like a... well... that will probably have the approximate effect of wearing a turtleneck sweater - largely like being strangled all day by an incredibly weak person. At best, I can probably suppress the effect slightly, making magic slightly less impossible in there. Otherwise..."

He frowned, "I suppose it's possible for me to use Entropy to confuse the Ward; to provide an implausible fluke of luck for one person to slide under the Aegis' radar. Not for long, and not for certain, but if I do..."

Eyes wide, he fished out a business card and scribbled a quick circle on it; an octagram encompassing a few signs of luck and power; a microcosmic expression of his Paradigm, a small pocket of the unreality where magic could be made without Reality noticing, "Yes, I can try to create a pocket of freedom for one of us. Just one, and only for as long as there is Quintessence left in the trap. It may be restricted to rather personal effects, such as an energy blade or gas emissions... Er, I need a volunteer."

((OOC: From Colin's perspective, that SHOULD be possible... Whether or not Prime 2, Entropy 2 is enough to do so is obviously a little less certain. But it fits his Paradigm perfectly.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Colin nodded, "Chance and luck is certainly a possibility, but I think I can funnel the quintessence into, well, aggressively pressing against the Aegis. It will not be able to do something as fancy as to dismantle it, but more like a... well... that will probably have the approximate effect of wearing a turtleneck sweater - largely like being strangled all day by an incredibly weak person. At best, I can probably suppress the effect slightly, making magic slightly less impossible in there. Otherwise..."

"Hum...well at least it should be less vulgar than what you have spoken about earlier."
Freddy said though she sounded doubtful that your idea would do much to the Aegis.
"If it works it would be a boon but somehow I doubt a ward like that is quite that easy to take down."

He frowned, "I suppose it's possible for me to use Entropy to confuse the Ward; to provide an implausible fluke of luck for one person to slide under the Aegis' radar. Not for long, and not for certain, but if I do..."

"I doubt that would work."
Freddy said.
"The way I understand it an Aegis is not like a radar, it is not something you can confuse, it is like a field of reality where nothing magickal that are not invited in will be allowed, everything else pressed out, there is nothing to confuse."

Eyes wide, he fished out a business card and scribbled a quick circle on it; an octagram encompassing a few signs of luck and power; a microcosmic expression of his Paradigm, a small pocket of the unreality where magic could be made without Reality noticing, "Yes, I can try to create a pocket of freedom for one of us. Just one, and only for as long as there is Quintessence left in the trap. It may be restricted to rather personal effects, such as an energy blade or gas emissions... Er, I need a volunteer."

"There is one problem with that Colin, the Aegis do not just react to our magick, it will react to us for we are magick, remember we have an Awakened Avatar inside of us, we do not just use it we are magick the ward would react to us, to what we are, not just the rotes we cast."
Freddy protested.
"The way I understand it an Aegis do not just prevent hostile magick coming in, meaning you would have to fight with the ward itself to get your rote to work in the first place, however it will push out a supernatural creature that is not allowed in by the ones who cast the rote in the first place, our very natures would be expelled love."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:33 pm

"WAS GOING TO SHARE THE PARADOX " RICHARD SAYS
(OOC) SORRY FOR CAPS PHONE ACTING UP

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:35 pm

Colin's brow furrowed, "Bah, Hermetics and their stubbornly solid old spells..."
He looked up at Richard, "Er, I don't know if that is actually possible to do... Not at my level, at any rate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:37 pm

" fair enough. Just a thought.
(Ooc) now its back to normal on its own

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:49 pm

"Well if two mages work in concert they do get hit by Paradox equally in my experience but the problem is if the two of you can fit your Paradigms together enough to do that. I mean we have this communal ranking system and can say I am a Disciple of this and Initiate of that and someone of another Tradition can then understand what parts of reality you can affect and how good you are at it, but at the end of the day it means nothing for we all see magick differently anyway."
Freddy said.
"And as for the Hermetics, well they do have some nifty spells."
She admitted.

(OOC: Your phone is possessed Ashan Razz Blame the Nephandi.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Colin shook his head, "From his wording, I'd assume the tokens are limited to the people on guard duty, and a couple of spares for the higher-ups - it seems unlikely this fellow would have one of those spares if he meant to go to ground in any case. I did... not search him for it. I expect our erstwhile ally here would have noticed if there were any enchanted items in the Fallen's possession."

"True enough," he said glancing at the ex-Agent.

"There was no extraordinary items on the Nephandus when I captured him, I took his belongings, they are on the table over that."
He said a pointed to a small table by the door. "But he only had a wallet, a phone, a set of keys, a packet of gums and a gym card on him."

"Thank you," he said. "If someone can check his phone."

He nodded to Adjan, "I believe I am the best suited to drain it, actually - I know how to funnel quintessence from one source into an effect without it going through me at all. It's how the Chief and I managed to tap out a Ball of Abysmal Flame without unmanageable resonance. It's... vulgar as all Hell, though; the flare of quintessence is blatant, but I'll just have to weather that."

"A warding spell like this one is of a different nature and purpose than that. Think of it like a net, within the greater net of reality. Within this net only certain things or people are allowed through or to act in magickal ways, because the threads of reality have shifed in favor of the caster's Will. Touching the strands placed can cause the ward to trip, as if you touched a harp string and the others resonated in turn. And it may simply push you or your rote straight back out of the net," he said, trying to explain.

"I am not so sure taking down an Aegis is as simple as taking down a piece of equipment with moving parts, the tin can...ehm...Hermetics sorry Adley, have been using that rote for years and they do not tend to keep using what is not effective, if one inventive guy can just pick the ward a part at the seams then well, it probably would have died out long ago." Freddy muttered before she gave Adley an apologetic look about the slur on his Tradition.

Adley raised an eyebrow at Freddy. "I will tell you what I told him, I can take many a turn of phrase about my Tradition but at least be creative..." Then he added more seriously, "It is a hard rote to cast quickly; it may not be as strong as some of those that were given the proper timings and attention if they put it up recently and didn't invest resources for it to last beyond a few days."

"Yes, I can try to create a pocket of freedom for one of us. Just one, and only for as long as there is Quintessence left in the trap. It may be restricted to rather personal effects, such as an energy blade or gas emissions... Er, I need a volunteer."

He watched as his friend got that look in his eyes that meant he was on a trail. "We may also need to get out. If it is warded against letting the girl out, for example, we will be trapped inside. And yes, everything Freddy has said is true of this rote, as I understand."

Colin's brow furrowed, "Bah, Hermetics and their stubbornly solid old spells..."He looked up at Richard, "Er, I don't know if that is actually possible to do... Not at my level, at any rate."

"I normally would say you're welcome, but in this case it just proves the danger of barrabi."

"Well if two mages work in concert they do get hit by Paradox equally in my experience but the problem is if the two of you can fit your Paradigms together enough to do that..."And as for the Hermetics, well they do have some nifty spells."
She admitted.

"I can probably work with you Colin but I do not understand Entropy...also there may be spiritual protections. Hrm..." Adley frowned. "What we need is someone that can get inside already...or to manage to widen the 'net' so that we can slip through. There must be a weakness somewhere but the trouble is, of course, setting it off while we check," he said, sounding a little frustrated as he tried to think it out.

"Reincarnation is a superstitious myth but if Genius deactivation is desired then the Union have injections for that it can probably be added to tea." The Cyborg said and Freddy raised an eyebrow.

"The Technocracy have Gilgul shots? Perfect now that is some nightmare fuel right there."

Adley grimaced. It seemed like what Narim told him was true. Nightmare fuel indeed. He didn't know what was worse...'deactivating' an avatar, when many in the Union would profess its reincarnation to be superstitious or knowing outright exactly what you were doing to it. Neither were very savory and despite how much Lisa Larson and a few of the Nephandi they were dealing with certainly were candidates in his book, he didn't want to hear it spoke of casually either.

"Your Genius is just a part of your brain that are more developed than in most people. The Union have learned how to manipulate, stimulate it or even cut it out of your head." The Cyborg said. "It is just flesh, however I could accept that there are some sort of ancestral memory being passed down, but a body hopping soul no." He grumbled. "That is just a story told to make those of weaker minds unafraid of death."

"I respectfully disagree. I am not of a weak mind, nor do I fear death unduly. There is more to heaven and earth than dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio. But we don't have time for a conversation about it..."

"Sure we have taken down a few and some must have fallen to other Chantries or the Union but not that many where are the rest of the dead Nephandi?"

"More questions for later."

Adjan nodded he got a serious expression in his eyes."Yes I will take care of it." He said simply. "If we all agree that the situation we are currently in are precarious enough that taking the Fallen's life instead of bringing him in alive is legal, just choosing to show mercy to a Nephandus can be punished by death..." The Euthanatos said and glanced at Adley he remembered the story Madeline Rose had told about her apprentice and his demise.

"Bringing in the Nephandus would endanger the mission, it is possible but it would complicate things, it is legal."
She said simply.

Adjan nodded."I agree I will go an take care of it, he is not going to suffer.

He frowned. "This is not the same...with the difficulty that it would entail to bring this prisoner in balanced against our mission objective, I believe that the decision is sound," he agreed. "We have tried to extract information in addition to the best of our ability given our circumstances. We would not be doing this just out of a sense of mercy. That does not mean he will be treated by us with undue severity."

"I already have three of your kind doing deviancy in my home so what is one more." He muttered sourly. "Man I need a beer."

Adley couldn't help but seem a little amused by that. He was not apologetic about having to work his rote inside the man's apartment, especially since he himself was essentially a squatter. But he was tired, and when one was tired things became more amusing than they really should be.

"I would say that as soon as one of us have the girl, that person, in this case Francesca it seams, take one of the cars and flee with her, we can find a solution to the logistics problem of how many have to fit in the remaining car later." Adjan said. "And if someone is wounded enough to no longer be useful in the fight they should try to get back to the parking area and out of the fray, there is no need for them to then be in unneeded danger

"Very well. Adjan if it seems practical, try to stay with Francesca and the girl unless you think you need to move elsewhere."

"I will get her an the information home, but I do not like to leave the rest of you in danger." The young Euthanatos agreed but she did not seam happy about it, she would complete her assigned task though.

"Well, I am not asking you to abandon us but this information and getting her home is critical."

"In a regular environment I would say yes, however since you deviants seam to think my augments are magick, things like the gas I can produce tend to not work to well inside warded areas and while the wards themselves do not affect me very well, they do affect my procedures." The cyborg said. "It might tip them of unless their wards are taken down first

He nodded at that, mentally scratching that off his list of possibilities. "Not that then..."

"Do that mean that whoever put it up are very powerful and can kick our Awakened butts?" Freddy asked.

"It at least mean whoever put it us is a Hermetic or was before their fall." Adjan commented

"Yes, it likely means whomever put it up is fairly advanced, or had help. And have Hermetic leanings or were a barabbus, this is a very old rote."

// LOL sounds like the game is going great, Warp. Well, it sounds like the Jeffrey bug has gotten to your phone Ashan D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 pm

"True enough," he said glancing at the ex-Agent.

The cyborg nodded.
"Like I said he had nothing extraordinary that my scans could detect at least."

"Thank you," he said. "If someone can check his phone."

"I will take care of it."
Freddy said before she stood and walked over to the little table.

Adley raised an eyebrow at Freddy. "I will tell you what I told Colin, I can take many a turn of phrase about my Tradition but at least be creative..." Then he added more seriously, "It is a hard rote to cast quickly; it may not be as strong as some of those that were given the proper timings and attention if they put it up recently and didn't invest resources for it to last beyond a few days."

Freddy gave another apologetic look.
"Sorry I did not mean to be rude and you are right it is not very creative."
She said.
"Well if the Aegis is not as strong as one around a Chantry for example then we might be in luck and we might just be able to pull this off."
She said sounding hopeful.

He watched as his friend got that look in his eyes that meant he was on a trail. "We may also need to get out. If it is warded against letting the girl out, for example, we will be trapped inside. And yes, everything Freddy has said is true of this rote, as I understand."

"My mentor trained me at this really old powerful autumn Chantry there are allot of Hermetics there so we had an Aegis, not that I understood the ward very well, but none the less once a year we all stood outside the buildings, holding hands and trying not to mangle the Latin to much."
Freddy said with a grin.
"I do not think us non Hermetics helped much but everyone who is magickal who are going to be able to come and go without a token have to had been part of the original ritual, do not look at me I did not write the rules."

"I can probably work with you Colin but I do not understand Entropy...also there may be spiritual protections. Hrm..." Adley frowned. "What we need is someone that can get inside already...or to manage to widen the 'net' so that we can slip through. There must be a weakness somewhere but the trouble is, of course, setting it off while we check," he said, sounding a little frustrated as he tried to think it out.

"I can probably get in despite the ward."
Your new ally said.
"But I am also easy to notice."
He added. Francesca looked up from her bone rattle.
"Finding weaknesses we can do with Entropy but...that might set off the ward."
She commented.

"I respectfully disagree. I am not of a weak mind, nor do I fear death unduly. There is more to heaven and earth than dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio. But we don't have time for a conversation about it..."

The cyborg grunted at that.
"Well in either case is is not my business what you believe."
He grumbled.

"More questions for later."

"True enough let us solve that mystery when we are not about to try to rescue a kid from vampires."
Freddy said and sigh.

He frowned. "This is not the same...with the difficulty that it would entail to bring this prisoner in balanced against our mission objective, I believe that the decision is sound," he agreed. "We have tried to extract information in addition to the best of our ability given our circumstances. We would not be doing this just out of a sense of mercy. That does not mean he will be treated by us with undue severity."

Adjan nodded to that.
"I see it the same way, bringing this Nephandus with us will endanger the mission and all of our lives and that of the little girl we are here to save, and letting the man live is no option, taking the prisoner's life is the best tactical option we have and also the way I understand it the offer of death instead of...other things...got us some useful information."
The Euthanatos said then he added.
"And I will make sure that the prisoner's end is painless."

"Very well. Adjan if it seems practical, try to stay with Francesca and the girl unless you think you need to move elsewhere."

Adjan nodded at that.
"I agree I will stay with them if at all possible and make sure they stay as safe as possible."

"Well, I am not asking you to abandon us but this information and getting her home is critical."

Francesca sigh.
"I know, I know it is just that I want to protect my friends...but I will do as you say, it do make sense."

"Yes, it likely means whomever put it up is fairly advanced, or had help. And have Hermetic leanings or were a barabbus, this is a very old rote."

"Oh fantastic old, powerful fallen Hermetics are my favorites."
Adjan said sarcastically.

About ten minutes after he went into the bath room Adjan comes back into the living room of the cyborg's apartment, he finished wiping off his dagger and put it back in his belt.
"It is done."
He announced solemnly, then he asked.
"So do we have a plan of attack ready?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33 pm

"Sorry I did not mean to be rude and you are right it is not very creative." She said

"It's alright, just don't call me the obvious, flaming Flambeau will put me in a bad mood," he said, slightly teasing.

"Well if the Aegis is not as strong as one around a Chantry for example then we might be in luck and we might just be able to pull this off." She said sounding hopeful.

"I hope so."

"I can probably get in despite the ward." Your new ally said. "But I am also easy to notice." He added. Francesca looked up from her bone rattle. "Finding weaknesses we can do with Entropy but...that might set off the ward."

"Well, it will need to be blown at some point near our entry...perhaps if our ally can secure a hole in the ward, somehow we might use an adaptation of Colin's rote to keep a foot in the door for us, so to speak?" he said, thinking out loud. "If we can hold the breach long enough...though how each of us might manage to stay in the room...I should say that I do was given two drams of tass for us to use, so if you think you need them..."

"Oh fantastic old, powerful fallen Hermetics are my favorites." Adjan said sarcastically.

Adley just frowned even deeper at that. Ex-Hermetic barrabi...Tremere....he sighed.

"It is done." He announced solemnly, then he asked. "So do we have a plan of attack ready?"

Adley had a thought, one that he did not like but could not blame himself for thinking about, though it came later than it might have been useful to consider. Which perhaps was not a bad thing. The Nephandus had had access to the room and now he was dead. No, he didn't like thinking of using people in such a way and he was dead now...they would just have to find some other method to breach the shield successfully...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 pm

"It's alright, just don't call me the obvious, flaming Flambeau will put me in a bad mood," he said, slightly teasing.

"I will try to avoid that Adley, hum...I think I have hardly ever seen you cast a fireball, in fact I do not think I have ever seen that and I have half been expecting it."
The Virtual Adept muttered.

"I hope so."

"Perhaps we will get lucky."
Freddy said with a smile.

"Well, it will need to be blown at some point near our entry...perhaps if our ally can secure a hole in the ward, somehow we might use an adaptation of Colin's rote to keep a foot in the door for us, so to speak?" he said, thinking out loud.

"So I get in and try to get a foot in the door on the ward and you guys use your deviancy to keep it open enough for the rest of the group to get in and out...sure that could work I guess."
The Cyborg said.

"If we can hold the breach long enough...though how each of us might manage to stay in the room...I should say that I do was given two drams of tass for us to use, so if you think you need them..."

"I have one dram of tass on me."
Francesca said.
"You can use that as well Colin if you need it to try to take down that Aegis."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:16 pm

"I will try to avoid that Adley, hum...I think I have hardly ever seen you cast a fireball, in fact I do not think I have ever seen that and I have half been expecting it." The Virtual Adept muttered

He was hardly going to admit that conjuring fire from nothing was -much- harder than most people supposed, even for a Flambeau. But aside from actual limitations, the collateral damage it caused, the cost for speed and the paradox, there were other reasons. "Why should I limit myself to what one would expect? There are many schools of war in addition to Ignem."

"So I get in and try to get a foot in the door on the ward and you guys use your deviancy to keep it open enough for the rest of the group to get in and out...sure that could work I guess." The Cyborg said

"I am still concerned that even if you are the vanguard we will have trouble entering or staying within the place unless that rote can manage to depower it somewhat...I'm not sure how well your trick will work in there though, now that we know it is under Aegis unless it is sufficiently weakened..." he added to the Euthanatoi.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Friday:
Tell me more about it. Tane was amazed by the concept of just getting together to tell a single story together, and that it was a game. For the spirits' sake, it was marvelous! He should try and learn of it.

((Oh, no, i'm heading towards roleplaying inside a roleplay! Not again, please!))

Saturday:
"Well the boy would do well with being close to a Node."
Cita said then she nodded.
"I will ask Jeffry about it, after all none of us know Tobias very well and while I think he is just a sweet, unfortunate kid, we need to be sure, but if he give the go ahead getting some beds down here and moving him might be wise for the tine being."
She said.
"Right now what I do for Beatrice is just to monitor her, I check on her Avatar for any sign of cracking there is little else I can do but that and gently infusing her soul with diluted Quintessence now and again as a treatment for pain, not that it helps allot. Tobias is a bit more complicated, but for Beatrice yes you should be able to monitor her."

It will be like the sick bay. Really, i don't know why we don't have one at the chantry. Tane was happy of having his teacher's approval.

"For most mages seeing another's Avatar unless the soul shard decide to show itself are complicated, advanced magick, how you do it so easily I do not understand."

I told you. I'm a conduit for souls and spirits. Avatars are just the souls and spirits of magick and reality, so they work the same as a regular spirit. You understand that, you understand magick itself. As their conduit, i can have them inside and show them to you. Even then, only if they wish to be seen. he said mking it soound as simple as he could.

"But yes if you would help out with the Verbena girl that will lessen the burden on me on trying to contact her Avatar again and again, what you need to do is monitor it's health, do not touch it that will hurt Beatrice, just make sure the wounds do not worsen and be sure there are no new wounds or cracks, as long as there are no change you can just do this with a few hours intervals or if the girl show signs of more severe pain, I will take care of the infusions."

Ok, then, so, every 2 or 3 hour i look at her avatar, do a visual scan and tell you if something's ammis? Not too hard. And next time you give her infussións, call me so i can see how and try to do that, too. What do you do for Tobias if it's not that?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Colin looked up from his notes, "Wait, there's a thought... The vampires' trap is likely to affect the door, at least, and probably anyone entering through the other openings. Perhaps it doesn't actually cover the walls of the room... Does anyone else here besides me think they can try to look for the area covered by the wards without setting anything off from outside the room? Perhaps from the floors above and below? The one above is unfinished; with a little luck, it may be vacated... A scan for just the wards, for example, could well be done without alerting the one or two Fallen inside, since the ones who set them up are likely not present..."
He pondered, "The vampires' trap is the one I can likely tap out - that one will get triggered by the first one in, and I can use that brief window of opportunity to tap it, like sticking a pipeline into an artesian well... But if we can see the, hm, coverage of the Aegis, we might not need to worry too much about that one - if it turns out the vampires' trap only targets the door, then it might be possible to go through the wall..." He glanced at Adjan and Francesca, "...perhaps by finding a weak spot or..." he shifted to Freddy, "...or just moving a big enough piece to slip through? Or failing that, just tear the whole thing apart with some delicate and carefully controlled explosions?" He gave Adley a small grin, "Forzare, if you like?"
He pondered, "I think we need to check exactly what the Aegis covers..."
He glanced up at Adjan's return, "Er, I don't want to know the details, but he won't inconvenience the old lady who owns the apartment, I hope?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Tell me more about it. Tane was amazed by the concept of just getting together to tell a single story together, and that it was a game. For the spirits' sake, it was marvelous! He should try and learn of it.

"Well it is sort of like if you take a book, then each player control one character in the book and then you have a GM which is the author and then you create a story together with the players choosing the actions for their characters...like a form of free from theater in a way."
Lily explained.
"It is pretty fun."

Saturday:

It will be like the sick bay. Really, i don't know why we don't have one at the chantry. Tane was happy of having his teacher's approval.

"The Chantry probably should have one."
Cita said and nodded.
"There are room in the attic perhaps a sick room can be made up there eventually, for now I just hope that Tobias will not be to cold down here."

I told you. I'm a conduit for souls and spirits. Avatars are just the souls and spirits of magick and reality, so they work the same as a regular spirit. You understand that, you understand magick itself. As their conduit, i can have them inside and show them to you. Even then, only if they wish to be seen. he said mking it soound as simple as he could.

"I understand the basics of your Paradigm Tane, it is a pretty common one within the spirit model of magick. However even among other shamans, seeing an Avatar is difficult Tane, they respond to you like with no other mage I have seen and it can not call be explained by the way you view magick."

Ok, then, so, every 2 or 3 hour i look at her avatar, do a visual scan and tell you if something's ammis? Not too hard. And next time you give her infussións, call me so i can see how and try to do that, too. What do you do for Tobias if it's not that?

"Yes that is correct, look at her Avatar every few hours and then tell me if something is amiss."
Cita said and nodded.
"I can try to teach you to do the infusions if I can make myself understandable to someone who is a shaman that is."
She said then her expression turned darker as the discussion went to Tobias.
"Well I do that as well but with him...his Avatar is slowly shattering Tane, slow Gilgul caused by the vampire blood he have been consuming and all I can do is try to slow it down and hope for the best. One off thing about it though is that for what is happening the boy is not in allot of pain, he is hurting but not like something like that should do, and I can not figure out why, it is not that I want him to be in pain, but I have seen victims of vampire blood poisoning before and they suffer allot more, perhaps if I can figure out what is protecting him from the pain I can figure out some way to save him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Adley and Colin:

"Why should I limit myself to what one would expect? There are many schools of war in addition to Ignem."

"True I just have always heard you guys...well I guess one can not always believe the stereotype...though with the Verbena Master Nassa is angry, likes to have sex with just about everyone that is willing and bleeds on everything so some stereotypes hold true."
The Virtual Adept said and shrugged.

"I am still concerned that even if you are the vanguard we will have trouble entering or staying within the place unless that rote can manage to depower it somewhat...I'm not sure how well your trick will work in there though, now that we know it is under Aegis unless it is sufficiently weakened..." he added to the Euthanatoi.

"Inside such a ward? No probably my rote will not work there."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Not unless you can take it down."
She said, the Cyborg nodded.
"I can go inside and try to find the girl but there is a limit to how long I can survive physical attacks so I might not get to far, so I think we need that ward down."
He grunted.

Colin looked up from his notes, "Wait, there's a thought... The vampires' trap is likely to affect the door, at least, and probably anyone entering through the other openings. Perhaps it doesn't actually cover the walls of the room... Does anyone else here besides me think they can try to look for the area covered by the wards without setting anything off from outside the room?

"Looking at the wards yes, doing so and nto setting something off...that is the hard part."
Francesca said.
"You are thinking the vampiric hedge wizard have just warded the windows and doors and not the whole room?"

Perhaps from the floors above and below? The one above is unfinished; with a little luck, it may be vacated... A scan for just the wards, for example, could well be done without alerting the one or two Fallen inside, since the ones who set them up are likely not present..."

"The vampire might have forgotten to ward the floor and roof, but an Aegis to put it in computer game terms is an area effect so it should cover those as well."
Freddy said as she was looking through the dead Nephandus' phone.
"However if we only have the bloody Aegis to worry about that would lessen our troubles, the problems is we do not know if examining the ward or looking for an opening will trigger it, that depends on how it was constructed."

He pondered, "The vampires' trap is the one I can likely tap out - that one will get triggered by the first one in, and I can use that brief window of opportunity to tap it, like sticking a pipeline into an artesian well... But if we can see the, hm, coverage of the Aegis, we might not need to worry too much about that one - if it turns out the vampires' trap only targets the door, then it might be possible to go through the wall..."

"Again the Aegis are a area effect it wards and area not specific parts of that area like a bubble of reality...if you can tap into the vampire's trap and use the juice from that to try to damage the Aegis then that might work and we might have no other choice than to brute force this."
Freddy said.

He glanced at Adjan and Francesca, "...perhaps by finding a weak spot or..." he shifted to Freddy, "...or just moving a big enough piece to slip through? Or failing that, just tear the whole thing apart with some delicate and carefully controlled explosions?" He gave Adley a small grin, "Forzare, if you like?"

"Wait...wait...I might have one idea."
Freddy said...
"If we create a weak spot with the help of...what did you call him Colin?"
She asked and glanced at the Cyborg.
"If we could link that apartment with another area...perhaps we could create an entrance...Adley what do you think?"
Freddy asked.

He glanced up at Adjan's return, "Er, I don't want to know the details, but he won't inconvenience the old lady who owns the apartment, I hope?"

"His body do not exist anymore."
Adjan said grimly.
"I do not want the old lady to have a heart attack."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Friday:

Tane was like a child in a comic book store. You'll show me, right? he asked with a wide smile.

Saturday:

So Tobias is alays getting worse? Is there nothing we could do? He asked confused. Doesn't the poisoning wore out after some time?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Friday:

Lily gave a little smile.
"Sure, you can come with me the next time me and my friends meet up for game night."
She said.
"The more the merrier."

Saturday:

"Tobias is getting worse and he have been getting worse quickly."
Cita said sadly.
"Well it is a little like with alcohol yes if you have a glass of wine it will not hurt you, but if you drink two bottles each day eventually your liver will give out, however if you stop drinking when your liver have become shrunken and sick, you might stop doing additional damage but just stopping consuming alcohol will not heal the existing damage, Tobias have been on vampire blood for a long time and his Avatar had started dying before he got here...however yes if we could get the remaining vampire blood out of his system and it's energies out of his Avatar that would better his chances."
She said.
"As for if something can be done for him, I do not know, for now I am able to slow the decay but that is all I have been able to do."
The spirit healer said she sounded both sad and frustrated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Friday:

You tell me a day before and i'll join you.

Saturday:

HMN... In my mentor's place, when an spirit was sick, we put a lot of other spirits of the same kind to sing it's song, and helped them to cure the original spirit with the love of their community. If we can stop the decay now, we could help him with that same way: Making other avatars re-sing it's song, patch the code, if you like. he said.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Friday:

Lily nodded.
"I will do that."
She agreed.

Saturday:

"Getting other Avatars to heal the sick one, well I have never really heard about getting Avatars to do anything but if we can figure out how then it is worth a try, everything is worth a try at this point."
Cita said and sigh.
"Do you have any idea about how we should go about that?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:14 am

He pondered, "The vampires' trap is the one I can likely tap out - that one will get triggered by the first one in, and I can use that brief window of opportunity to tap it, like sticking a pipeline into an artesian well... But if we can see the, hm, coverage of the Aegis, we might not need to worry too much about that one - if it turns out the vampires' trap only targets the door, then it might be possible to go through the wall..." He glanced at Adjan and Francesca, "...perhaps by finding a weak spot or..." he shifted to Freddy, "...or just moving a big enough piece to slip through? Or failing that, just tear the whole thing apart with some delicate and carefully controlled explosions?" He gave Adley a small grin, "Forzare, if you like?"

"Unfortunately, if we don't deal with the Aegis somehow then you might not get a chance to work on the other ones...Forzare, hrm? Something like that," he said with a little smile. Forzare, perdo...

"True I just have always heard you guys...well I guess one can not always believe the stereotype...though with the Verbena Master Nassa is angry, likes to have sex with just about everyone that is willing and bleeds on everything so some stereotypes hold true."
The Virtual Adept said and shrugged

"Thanks for reminding me of that," he said with a raised eyebrow. He didn't like naming members much in front of their current...associate but he focused on figuring out what to do now.

"Wait...wait...I might have one idea." Freddy said..."If we create a weak spot with the help of...what did you call him Colin?" She asked and glanced at the Cyborg. "If we could link that apartment with another area...perhaps we could create an entrance...Adley what do you think?" Freddy asked

"So...dent the shield and link it, to say another empty apartment on the floor or wherever the infiltration party will be?" He looked thoughtful. "Would that make the area of the apartment outside the current border of the ward through correspondence by joining the areas, so then it would take on properties of the area we control?" he asked, not sure how that might work or not but trying. "Or simply taking the 'dent' and changing the size of it so we can get in and out?" He looked from Freddy to Colin again.

"His body do not exist anymore." Adjan said grimly. "I do not want the old lady to have a heart attack."

He nodded but didn't say anything - it wasn't appropriate to thank him, after all but it did resolve the issue of what to do with a body, certainly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:00 am

Friday:

After having the chat with master Narim, Tane rised. Thank you for your time, master Narim. You'll have to excuse us, we should see the others. I'll come back if i need anything. he said happily.

Saturday:

As everything... we need people to belive. Avatars love us, they do everything to make us grow and unsderstand, they want us to reach ascention. They would help one of them, they know far more than us, but if we don't belive, we are stopping them. So, the first part would be gathering a group that belives. Once that's done, everyone should talk to their avatars to bring the idea. It would be like giving the poor guy first aids: using quintessence to make "bandages" and asking the avatars to be our hands. Then we bandage his avatar, and sew it's wounds. We sing quintessence into his avatar's song and that should do the trick... i think.
They are in the same place, we don't need to reach the avatar, ours can do it alright. And they might even have a better idea.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 am

Adley:

"Unfortunately, if we don't deal with the Aegis somehow then you might not get a chance to work on the other ones...Forzare, hrm? Something like that," he said with a little smile. Forzare, perdo...

"Can we brute force it somehow, just toss everything we got at the Aegis if everything else fails?"
Freddy asked.

"Thanks for reminding me of that," he said with a raised eyebrow. He didn't like naming members much in front of their current...associate but he focused on figuring out what to do now.

Freddy just gave you and innocent smile at that.

"So...dent the shield and link it, to say another empty apartment on the floor or wherever the infiltration party will be?" He looked thoughtful. "Would that make the area of the apartment outside the current border of the ward through correspondence by joining the areas, so then it would take on properties of the area we control?"

"That is what I am hoping at least that if we link the two areas then either the apartments would take on the properties of one another weakening the Aegis or at least it might fuck up the ward a bit."
Freddy said.
"I do not know though I have never tried something like this."

he asked, not sure how that might work or not but trying. "Or simply taking the 'dent' and changing the size of it so we can get in and out?" He looked from Freddy to Colin again.

"Expanding the size of the dent would work, probably but that is beyond my understanding to do unfortunately."
Freddy said and shrugged.
"How did they deal with an Aegis back in the day when one group of Hermetics might want to be dicks to another? Perhaps we can do the same."

He nodded but didn't say anything - it wasn't appropriate to thank him, after all but it did resolve the issue of what to do with a body, certainly.

Adjan just looks at Adley for a moment he do not say anything about the dead Nephandus either but he had a grim look on his face. After a while though he joined the discussion about the problem at hand.
"We could try to smoke them out. It could harm the girl yes but it would harm her far less then vampirism."
He said and shuddered.
"If one of us make smoke bombs and drop them into the apartment from the unfinished floor above, and the rest of us wait outside in the hallway for when these people eventually have to come out to avoid suffocating, that might work.

Tane:

Friday:

After having the chat with master Narim, Tane rised. Thank you for your time, master Narim. You'll have to excuse us, we should see the others. I'll come back if i need anything. he said happily.

Narim gave you a smile and nodded.
"Very well good luck both of you."
He said then he went back to working on his computer after he said.
"Good day Mr Karyak, Miss Gray."
Lily turned to you and asked.
"So where do we go now Tane?"

Saturday:

As everything... we need people to belive. Avatars love us, they do everything to make us grow and unsderstand, they want us to reach ascention. They would help one of them, they know far more than us, but if we don't belive, we are stopping them. So, the first part would be gathering a group that belives.

"Believers in your Paradigm?"
Cita asked a bit confused.
"For in my experience, if it is even possible to understand the emotions of an Avatar it vary wildly what they feel about their hosts, for some we are simple flesh vehicles they need to reach Ascension, others might truly care about their hosts but we really know so little about them, it is hard to know how and in what way they actually feel."

Once that's done, everyone should talk to their avatars to bring the idea. It would be like giving the poor guy first aids: using quintessence to make "bandages" and asking the avatars to be our hands. Then we bandage his avatar, and sew it's wounds. We sing quintessence into his avatar's song and that should do the trick... i think.
They are in the same place, we don't need to reach the avatar, ours can do it alright. And they might even have a better idea.

"It is not so easy for everyone to talk with their Avatars, not all are as, commutative as yours, but we all have our ways I guess."
Cita said.
"So you are saying several mages should ask their own Avatars to help Tobias, well that is worth a try at least it will not do any harm."
She said though she did not sound that convinced it would work either.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:17 am

"Can we brute force it somehow, just toss everything we got at the Aegis if everything else fails?" Freddy asked

Adley frowned. "Can we try? Yes, but I can't say how well we'll succeed...it really depends on who made the ward and how hastily they put it together and what additional component spheres they used in the weave. If there are flaws and weaknesses that we can find and exploit, it would be easier. Picking apart an Aegis can take a long time, punching a hole in a weak spot might be possible..."

"That is what I am hoping at least that if we link the two areas then either the apartments would take on the properties of one another weakening the Aegis or at least it might fuck up the ward a bit." Freddy said. "I do not know though I have never tried something like this."

"It's an interesting idea. Unless we can access an apartment above or below the one we're looking at, something on the floor would be best. Assuming that the edge is around the apartment and not the floor."

"How did they deal with an Aegis back in the day when one group of Hermetics might want to be dicks to another? Perhaps we can do the same."

"Be a bigger, better and stronger dick, possibly with a team of other big dicks who agree with you," he said. Then he elaborated, "By brute force and luck...be powerful enough to bash or rip apart the ward with prime or skillful enough to take it apart, change or adjust the bans, or find and exploit a weakness. One could solicit assistance from a spirit of significant or appropriate power...or change the environment and space that is encapsulated by the ward. Other than that, draw out the magus instead. Overwhelm their senses somehow..." He tried to think of anything he was missing, or what he was missing here. There had to be something.

"We could try to smoke them out. It could harm the girl yes but it would harm her far less then vampirism." He said and shuddered. "If one of us make smoke bombs and drop them into the apartment from the unfinished floor above, and the rest of us wait outside in the hallway for when these people eventually have to come out to avoid suffocating, that might work.

"Yes, getting them out of there instead...smoke will trip the sprinklers...and probably the fire alarms. But if they leave the area it would take the damn ward out of the picture, and the traps...if we did that, we should lock down the floor so they can't run off with her," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am

Adley frowned. "Can we try? Yes, but I can't say how well we'll succeed...it really depends on who made the ward and how hastily they put it together and what additional component spheres they used in the weave. If there are flaws and weaknesses that we can find and exploit, it would be easier. Picking apart an Aegis can take a long time, punching a hole in a weak spot might be possible..."

"If we can work magick on the ward itself like Colin suggested then I know both he and both the Euthanatoi know how to find weaknesses."
Freddy said and sigh.
"But I guess you are right that a brute force method should be a last resort since it might not work and is sure to get the Nephandi to notice us."

"It's an interesting idea. Unless we can access an apartment above or below the one we're looking at, something on the floor would be best. Assuming that the edge is around the apartment and not the floor."

"We can probably get up to the unfinished floors above and do it there, that will probably not be to hard, worst case we climb up the fire escape."
Freddy said.
"It is worth considering at least."

"Be a bigger, better and stronger dick, possibly with a team of other big dicks who agree with you," he said. Then he elaborated, "By brute force and luck...be powerful enough to bash or rip apart the ward with prime or skillful enough to take it apart, change or adjust the bans, or find and exploit a weakness.

"Then the question just remains how powerful was the dick that cast the ward in the first place. I mean Adjan is an Adept and I and Francesca are Disciples, we should be able to do some damage, but if the ward is to powerful then we are out of luck."
Freddy muttered and sigh.

One could solicit assistance from a spirit of significant or appropriate power...or change the environment and space that is encapsulated by the ward. Other than that, draw out the magus instead. Overwhelm their senses somehow..." He tried to think of anything he was missing, or what he was missing here. There had to be something.

"You are the one who know how to talk with spirits Adley, well I have seen Adjan do it as well, can you guys find us something nasty to throw at the Aegis?"
Freddy asked and Adjan gave a slight smile.
"The problem Miss Adlebloom is that anything nasty that I might summon might also decide to be nasty towards us."
He said and Freddy nodded.
"Finding a way to draw them out then, or try my little space warping trick of connecting two apartments."
She suggested.

"Yes, getting them out of there instead...smoke will trip the sprinklers...and probably the fire alarms. But if they leave the area it would take the damn ward out of the picture, and the traps...if we did that, we should lock down the floor so they can't run off with her," he said.

"I am not bad at chemistry, I can probably cook something up that will be irritating and painful and make them want to get out of there but which will not trip the fire alarms or the sprinklers."
The Cyborg suggested.
"Or well you know how new buildings are, what are the chance the fire alarms and sprinkler systems just so happen to not work."
Francesca said with a bit of a smile.
"After all those systems are not located in the apartment, we could take them out centrally."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next