Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 am

It is the woman with the scars that have the sword in the painting, the dead girl on the ground though you have never seen.
"I could meditate over the painting."
The little girl's mentor offered.
"But if it was meant for you it is doubtful I can learn very much, there are universal symbolism off course, mot more often it seams to personal symbols and something only you know the meaning of rather than the more generic meanings."
She said
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Colin nodded, "If you would while I am out, I would appreciate it... In any case, I should like you to keep it safe until I return; this is too nice a picture to crumple in a pocket before riding into battle, after all."
He gave the girl a little wink, "It would be a shame to fold such gifted art, don't you think?"
He handed the picture over to the woman, "The name is Colin Wainwright, by the way, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:26 pm

The young woman nods and take the painting.
"I will give it a try Sir, but like I said if it is meant for you there is a limit to what I can learn."
She said.

The little girl look at you then she smile and cock her head to the side, she do not say a word though.

The little girl's mentor smiles and hold out her hand in greeting.
"I am Carabelle Willis Hermes bani Ex Miscellanea or House Criamon depending on how formal you want to be, it is nice to meet you just call me Cara."
She said then she put a hand on Meg's shoulder to hold her out of the way.
"Well then do not let me keep you I heard we had guests from Boston on an important assignment."
She said before she gave your companions as well a polite nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:32 pm

"Yes let us do that." Adjan said then he shook his head. "No I should be able to work the rote in the car independantly of Miss Adflebloom's own efforts."

"Very well."

olin gave Adley a grin, "Well, it IS a rather Herculean task we're taking on."

"Indeed. You forge the iron sword, I'll heat it up."

Mia show you the green, and we are talking bright apple green here, Kia and the demure blue Toyota then she nods.
"Well we are here, is there anything else I can assist with?

"Thank you, Mrs Baker. I do not believe so..."

As the group from Boston got into the two cars and got ready to leave a small girl came running into the garage, she could not be older than six...

Adley turned to looked into the rear view mirror, wondering what was going on...there was a little girl by the Toyota. He thought he saw tatoos on her face, as if she looked like she could be of House Criamon. Adley gave Adjan and whomever else was in the car with him a puzzled look. "Pardon." He got out again to walk over as another person came over to Colin's car and began to speak to him. "Is everything alright here?"

// Which car is Mandis and Richard riding in, just in case it becomes important?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Colin smiled grimly, "I fear I have little iron, alas... We shall have to settle for brass-jacketed lead today."

Colin nodded and smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Willis. And you too, Meg. Everything seems fine, Adley; the little sweett child here just came over with something for me. We'll have tome to look closer at it when we get back."
He slid in behind the wheel again and sighed, "Right, then, let us hope fortune yet favours us... Let us see if we can locate the renegade we need."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:53 pm

"Thank you, Mrs Baker. I do not believe so..."

"Very good, have my employer given you my number Sir in case you require my services later?"
Miss Baker asked.

Adley gave Adjan and whomever else was in the car with him a puzzled look. "Pardon." He got out again to walk over as another person came over to Colin's car and began to speak to him. "Is everything alright here?"

The young woman who had come for the little girl turned towards Adley, she two had symbols marking her skin, including her face in slightly raised scars.
"Ah forgive me, my apprentice got away from me Sir, she...had a message for Mr Wainwright here and just ran over to him, I will get out of your way now."
She said apologetically.

Colin nodded and smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Willis. And you too, Meg.

Cara smiles to you.
"Yes it is a pleasure Mr Wainwright."
She said politely.
"I should take Meg inside, she should not be here in a garage, it is no place for a child."

Francesca turn to Richard.
"If you ride with Mr Wainwright and Freddy I will go with Mr Roth Hicks, I lack your skill with healing Dr Lee, but I have some skill with mending the body so we should not both be in the same car...just in case."
She said and if Richard did not protest she hurried over to Adley's car and got it.

He slid in behind the wheel again and sighed, "Right, then, let us hope fortune yet favours us... Let us see if we can locate the renegade we need."

"I will begin a scan of the relevant area as well as looking for...areas I can not scan as soon as we are far enough away from Morningstar so that if I screw up I do not lead the Union to our gracious hosts."
Freddy said as everyone got into the cars and you where all ready to go.

In Adley's car Adjan pulled out his dice and rolled them in his lap, he seamed to focus for a moment then he leaned back, he had done what he could for the group to have good luck, whatever or not his rote would work though, that remained to be seen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm

"Very good, have my employer given you my number Sir in case you require my services later?" Miss Baker asked

"Please give it to me again," he requested, jotting it down in his notebook.

"Ah forgive me, my apprentice got away from me Sir, she...had a message for Mr Wainwright here and just ran over to him, I will get out of your way now.

He gave a nod to the woman and little girl. "Pardon." He didn't like being rude to them but he didn't seem to be upset that the girl was there. Then he looked at Colin. "I would like to see it," he said. After missing the text message, waiting for later might have dire consequences. "Perhaps the Deaconess Rose can hang onto it for you, Colin, until we return," he suggested. "Put it into an envelope. Forgive us, we need to be off. You're car is at the front," he said the last to Colin and hurried back to the car so they could head out after the Toyota.

In Adley's car Adjan pulled out his dice and rolled them in his lap, he seamed to focus for a moment then he leaned back, he had done what he could for the group to have good luck, whatever or not his rote would work though, that remained to be seen

"Adjan, Mrs Mandis...may I call you Francesca? You may call me Adley if you wish. If it is safe enough to do so, perhaps you might enlighten me as to what troubled you so much while we were inside the Chantry? Is it something that we should know about?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Colin nodded, "Miss Willis will hold on to it until we return; it seems to pertain to Horizon, so it seems safe to assume it will not be relevant for this mission... but we'll take a closer look when we get back."
He gently put the Toyota in gear and rolled out of the garage, checking traffic before entering the street, "Okay, luv, which way from here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 pm

"Please give it to me again," he requested, jotting it down in his notebook.

The young woman dictated her phone number and mail address to you so you could get a hold of her.
"My employer have put me at your disposal Sir, do not hesitate to call if you need anything."
She said politely.

Perhaps the Deaconess Rose can hang onto it for you, Colin, until we return," he suggested. "Put it into an envelope. Forgive us, we need to be off. You're car is at the front," he said the last to Colin and hurried back to the car so they could head out after the Toyota.

"Mr Wainwright have asked me to meditate on the meaning of the painting while you are away, I can give it to Deaconess Rose once I am done if you wish."
Cara informed you.
"Yes...yes off course, good luck Sir."
She said before she begun to walk away with the little girl once Colin had shown you the picture if he indeed do so, taking it with her as she was requested once Adley was done with it.

"Adjan, Mrs Mandis...may I call you Francesca? You may call me Adley if you wish.

"Off course I do not mind."
Francesca said and smiled.
"Adley it is then."

If it is safe enough to do so, perhaps you might enlighten me as to what troubled you so much while we were inside the Chantry? Is it something that we should know about?"

"Other than being concerned for your well being, it seamed you found out some things while we spoke with the Deaconess that was quite a shock, not that I am going to pry about it, there is nothing of relevance. I am troubled by...personal doubts regarding my recent brush with death and whatever I should be alive or if my presence upset the cycle. It is a personal concern it will not affect my effectiveness during the mission."
Francesca assured you.

He gently put the Toyota in gear and rolled out of the garage, checking traffic before entering the street, "Okay, luv, which way from here?"

Traffic was getting quite bad though it would get worse as the clock ticked ever closer to four and five, the end of the work day.
"If you go left we can avoid the city core, that will save us time right now."
Freddy said as she activated and app on her phone.
"I am casting a simple rote to get us from A to B in the least amount of time."
She explained.
"Just follow my instructions."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:44 pm

"My employer have put me at your disposal Sir, do not hesitate to call if you need anything." She said politely.

"Thank you."

Colin nodded, "Miss Willis will hold on to it until we return; it seems to pertain to Horizon, so it seems safe to assume it will not be relevant for this mission... but we'll take a closer look when we get back."  

"Very well," he said to them. There wasn't time to dither after all and he trusted Colin's judgement about timing.

"Other than being concerned for your well being, it seamed you found out some things while we spoke with the Deaconess that was quite a shock, not that I am going to pry about it, there is nothing of relevance. I am troubled by...personal doubts regarding my recent brush with death and whatever I should be alive or if my presence upset the cycle. It is a personal concern it will not affect my effectiveness during the mission."

"I am sorry about that, Francesca..." he said sincerely. Though he didn't exactly understand how one could know when they were supposed to die, he knew that it was important to her. "I...do hope that you find the right path for yourself and that it is one that will allow us to work together for some time longer. But I was meaning about the person you saw in the hallway, earlier. As for what transpired in the Deaconess's room..." He frowned a little as he drove, unsure how much he wanted to explain but he figured they did deserve an explanation. He paid attention to which way Colin's car was going and followed.

"Well, I suppose you and Adjan would be the people to understand fate better than I. It seems that my avatar was previously with the Deaconess's apprentice Dylan. My cabalmate was my sister, who went into that caul to spare me...him. I caught a glimpse of...killing Claire and then something hit me and there was nothing. So now, Abigail's deeds have therefore become a personal issue as well as one that has broader effects. I am not kidding when I say that the past threads that my avatar has sewn in the Tapestry are having effects on me, on my current life...though this may be true for all of us, in one way or another, I have been experiencing these effects very immediately this week."

// I thought it was Saturday? I'd assume that work traffic might be a bit different than workday travel patterns, though there might be other traffic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:26 pm

"Thank you."

Miss Baker gave you a bit of a smile before she turned and walked out of the garage having done her job of bringing you all there.

I am sorry about that, Francesca..." he said sincerely. Though he didn't exactly understand how one could know when they were supposed to die, he knew that it was important to her. "I...do hope that you find the right path for yourself and that it is one that will allow us to work together for some time longer.

"So do I, but I must obey the will of the Cycle."
The Euthanatos said then she sigh.
"But it is true that while I do not fear death, it is merely a transition, I am living a good life, I do not desire to die not for a long time yet. However once all of this craziness is done I will meditate and well shall see."
Francesca said.

But I was meaning about the person you saw in the hallway, earlier.

The death mage's eyes darkened as you mentioned the Freedom Razor.
"Ah him..."
She said and shook her head.
"I do not know if it is relevant, it probably is not but that man wore the symbol of a...heretical sect within my Tradition, the House of Helekar...they...piss on everything the Euthanatos stand for, and many suspect they are Nephandi in all but name, so far though the main Tradition do not have enough proof to move against them, but they are trouble Adley mark my words."
Francesca said and again she got that scared look in her eyes as if this group not just angered her they terrified her.

"Well, I suppose you and Adjan would be the people to understand fate better than I. It seems that my avatar was previously with the Deaconess's apprentice Dylan. My cabalmate was my sister, who went into that caul to spare me...him. I caught a glimpse of...killing Claire and then something hit me and there was nothing. So now, Abigail's deeds have therefore become a personal issue as well as one that has broader effects.

"Well it is not uncommon for Avatars to travel the Cycle in groups. I have seen your Mentor before as a student at Mus that died in an accident, and in a sleeper life Adjan was the son of a neighbor that drowned while still a little boy, often you will see others from past lives again, perhaps though knowing more about why she ended up as she did can help your Cabalmate...and the actions of Dylan did save her, if he had not killed her, that Avatar would not be here today."
Francesca said softly.

I am not kidding when I say that the past threads that my avatar has sewn in the Tapestry are having effects on me, on my current life...though this may be true for all of us, in one way or another, I have been experiencing these effects very immediately this week."

"Well your Avatar might have things to tell you, or perhaps this is it's way of helping you, giving you clues that ultimately will be a boon in this situation, perhaps you can find the answers to the problems of the present in the past."
The Euthanatos suggested.

(OOC: Yeah you are right, and it is Saturday, I was thinking about store clerks and everyone else that work on Saturdays but the rush is probably far less that on weekdays but Chicago are still busy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:35 pm

"Ah him..." She said and shook her head. "I do not know if it is relevant, it probably is not but that man wore the symbol of a...heretical sect within my Tradition, the House of Helekar...they...piss on everything the Euthanatos stand for, and many suspect they are Nephandi in all but name, so far though the main Tradition do not have enough proof to move against them, but they are trouble Adley mark my words."

"Wonderful, just what we don't need. More trouble." He frowned. "It might very well be relevant...do you think that the chantry knows?"

"Well it is not uncommon for Avatars to travel the Cycle in groups. I have seen your Mentor before as a student at Mus that died in an accident, and in a sleeper life Adjan was the son of a neighbor that drowned while still a little boy, often you will see others from past lives again, perhaps though knowing more about why she ended up as she did can help your Cabalmate...and the actions of Dylan did save her, if he had not killed her, that Avatar would not be here today."

"I know...still, I can't help but think that I agree with Dylan, that I wish she had not...but even so I am building a hypothesis."

"Well your Avatar might have things to tell you, or perhaps this is it's way of helping you, giving you clues that ultimately will be a boon in this situation, perhaps you can find the answers to the problems of the present in the past." The Euthanatos suggested.

"I hope so. At any rate, I thought you deserved to know why I...was...surprised," he said, clearly not comfortable with how obvious it was to everyone that he had been upset.

// no problem, just making sure that I didn't lose a day lol. Busy week is busy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Colin nodded to Freddy, "Right, let's just make sure Adley keeps up, hmm?"
He turned onto the street and looked to make sure the other car was right behind him, then slid into motion with the rest of the traffic.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:04 pm

"Wonderful, just what we don't need. More trouble." He frowned. "It might very well be relevant...do you think that the chantry knows?"

"Well he was wearing that pendant rather openly and it is not a big secret, I mean like I said no one have any proof to get the House on, everyone know they are brutal bastards and many do know they do not get along with other Euthanatoi it would be easy enough to find out, he have to have said he at least is from there."
Francesca said.

"I know...still, I can't help but think that I agree with Dylan, that I wish she had not...but even so I am building a hypothesis."

"I understand that, I would not have wanted someone to enter a Caul to save me either, but it did show that Claire was willing to give up everything for her brother, perhaps the Caul did not take all hat goodness away."

"I hope so. At any rate, I thought you deserved to know why I...was...surprised," he said, clearly not comfortable with how obvious it was to everyone that he had been upset.

"Thank you."
Francesca said she did not inquire further though she did not want to make you more uncomfortable.

Colin nodded to Freddy, "Right, let's just make sure Adley keeps up, hmm?"
He turned onto the street and looked to make sure the other car was right behind him, then slid into motion with the rest of the traffic.

The two cars moved through traffic, Freddy was tapping her phone then she suddenly said.
"Got it, I have been scanning the apartment building, not to closely though I do not want to set off any wards, but I have one small dot of nothingness, of something that will not be scanned, I think we have our cyborg."
She said.
"So how are we going to play this?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Friday:

Quite accurate. That's what i mean.

Narim gave a bit of a laugh at that.
"No Mr Karyak you will find that if it is one thing mages is not it is cooperative. No other than the Verbena the other Traditions do not have meeting placing in the city, if you do not consider that two of the Chantries are single Tradition places so they might be seen as meeting places, one for Order of Hermes and one for the Celestial Chorus. You can certainly ask those Chantries if you can visit, I would be careful with Lux Itineris the Hermetic Chantry though as there are indication something may be...wrong there. I will get you those printed materials though.

No, i'd... prefer to keep her here, in a controled enviroment. I wouldn't like to involve other chantries in this. I suspect she's going verbena, though, so i'm not too concerned..

Saturday:
What is it there? he asked in a loud clear and imposing voice
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "I think under the circumstances, we make a sincere plea for help. I'm a piss-poor liar in any case, and if we can't recruit this fellow by asking him to help save a little girl from the Nephandi, it is highly unlikely any offers of hypothetical maintenance - assuming we can even find someone able to help him with that - will suffice to sway him. If he is willing to help, that would be preferable. If not, magic is out of the question in any case, so our only option will be to corporeally beat him into submission and manhandle him through the wards. That, obviously, is a scenario I would prefer to avoid; too clumsy."
He glanced at the rear-view mirror to ensure Adley was still there, "So, this should probably be a little simpler to find... Who is registered as living in that apartment?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:11 pm

"Well he was wearing that pendant rather openly and it is not a big secret, I mean like I said no one have any proof to get the House on, everyone know they are brutal bastards and many do know they do not get along with other Euthanatoi it would be easy enough to find out, he have to have said he at least is from there."

"True enough, he was wearing it as brazenly as any signet. Though you'll forgive me in saying that inter-Tradition differences and politics are not always given the same weight out of said Tradition as within them. That you both feel so strongly about what this man may represent has put me on my guard.

"I understand that, I would not have wanted someone to enter a Caul to save me either, but it did show that Claire was willing to give up everything for her brother, perhaps the Caul did not take all hat goodness away."

"Yes..." he said with a nod. He didn't have time for much contemplation over it but that was his own hypothesis as well. That love and essential sacrifice for others were something that were the antithesis of what the caul represented, what it tried to take from someone who went inside it rather than for personal gain or a true desire for destruction. If it were so, then it would rather put a dampener on some of the Nephandi's strong-arm tactics, that there could still be a chance for redemption. But he had to concentrate on the matters at hand and the traffic in front of him and so he did not elaborate further.

"Thank you." Francesca said...

He nodded. "There is no need to thank me. If you have any other questions, perhaps later we can answer them." Then he turned his thoughts more firmly to the mission that was in front of them, driving with an eye out for the Toyota.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Quite accurate. That's what i mean.

"How will I know what my tools are then?"
Lily asked.

No, i'd... prefer to keep her here, in a controled enviroment. I wouldn't like to involve other chantries in this. I suspect she's going verbena, though, so i'm not too concerned..

"Keeping Miss Gray here for the moment might be wise since the situation is so volatile right now, that being said the only member of the Verbena who are able to take a student at Steelhaven are Amadeus himself, neither Miss Alexander, if she was well enough, or Mr Rush have the experience to do so."
Narim commented.
"Master Nassa might know if any of his Coven members are seeking a student at the moment though, it might be wise to speak with him."

Saturday:

What is it there? he asked in a loud clear and imposing voice

"Fire."
Came the reply and you saw one of Chief Morgan's little imps suddenly appear and look down at you from the ceiling.
"But I am hiding."

Colin:

Colin stroked his chin, "I think under the circumstances, we make a sincere plea for help. I'm a piss-poor liar in any case, and if we can't recruit this fellow by asking him to help save a little girl from the Nephandi, it is highly unlikely any offers of hypothetical maintenance - assuming we can even find someone able to help him with that - will suffice to sway him.

"Very well, so we knock on his door then and hope he do not pop some machine gun out of his ass and pass air in our general direction."
Freddy said and sigh.
"I agree though straight up honesty might be the only hope we have of getting this man to cooperate with us."

If he is willing to help, that would be preferable. If not, magic is out of the question in any case, so our only option will be to corporeally beat him into submission and manhandle him through the wards. That, obviously, is a scenario I would prefer to avoid; too clumsy."

"Wait...wait, let me see if I am getting this plan B of yours right Colin, you where planning on beating a Technocracy cyborg into unconsciousness or death and then using his Primium infused body as a battering ram against the Nephandi's wards?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.
"Now that have to be the very definition of crude...effective perhaps, but most undignified."

He glanced at the rear-view mirror to ensure Adley was still there, "So, this should probably be a little simpler to find... Who is registered as living in that apartment?"

"Let me see...one moment."
Freddy said and tapped at her phone then she she read something on the screen.
"Well according to this the apartment was bought by a little old lady called Mrs Fener, she is 95 and is currently at the hospital recovering from surgery so she have not moved in yet, I am going to go out on a limb her and assume our renegade Union man is not this Mrs Fener, not that a little old lady filled up with cybernetic implants would not be cool, and rather assume our new friend is borrowing Mrs Fener's apartment while she is at the hospital, most likely without the good madam's knowledge."

Adley:

"True enough, he was wearing it as brazenly as any signet. Though you'll forgive me in saying that inter-Tradition differences and politics are not always given the same weight out of said Tradition as within them. That you both feel so strongly about what this man may represent has put me on my guard.

"Off course, it is not like every apprentice and Orphan would recognize the man's pendant and most who are not of my Tradition only know there are some conflict there, my point is only that if he was hiding his lineage, he would probably not wear the symbol of the Freedom Razors so openly."

He nodded. "There is no need to thank me. If you have any other questions, perhaps later we can answer them." Then he turned his thoughts more firmly to the mission that was in front of them, driving with an eye out for the Toyota.

"I think you have more questions for yourself Adley than I have for you."
Francesca said. Following the Toyota was not to hard as soon the two cars where nearing the plaza, buildings where tall here and beautiful fountains and statues showed that this was a rich district. It was a quite busy district as well with well dressed professionals that did not take Saturdays off walking the streets and entering small restaurants for late lunches, oogeling tourists taking pictures and taxis and expensive cars driving important people around. Most of all the plaza remembered a giant bee hive where everyone was hurrying to to their destination, to do their job, to advance, to earn money to run the rat race, never knowing or caring that there where more out there than their careers.

How close to the apartment building do the two of you go before finding a place to park?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 pm

"Off course, it is not like every apprentice and Orphan would recognize the man's pendant and most who are not of my Tradition only know there are some conflict there, my point is only that if he was hiding his lineage, he would probably not wear the symbol of the Freedom Razors so openly.

"I suppose then we'll just have to keep our own eyes open."

"I think you have more questions for yourself Adley than I have for you.

"Quite." Then he was quiet, checking the path in case he needed to find a way back, and also glancing at the rearview or side mirrors in case they were being followed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:51 pm

"I suppose then we'll just have to keep our own eyes open."

"Yes and now we have one more potential threat to watch out for."
The Euthanatos said and sigh.

"Quite." Then he was quiet, checking the path in case he needed to find a way back, and also glancing at the rearview or side mirrors in case they were being followed.

You do not see anything to indicate that you where being followed so you drove into the plaza.
"Hum...how close to the building are we going to go? We should probably have the cars close enough to be able to get out of there with some haste if we need to."
Francesca said and Adjan nodded to that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Colin nodded sagely, then grinned, "Well, if you have a better idea for subduing a reluctant Iteration X cyborg, then I am all ears - but as I understand it, they are immensely resilient to all forms of magic, and I am not certain a dead cyborg would be able to trip the wards on entry, meaning we would have to render him unconscious. So, it is best we don't let it get to that, hmm?"
He pondered for a moment, "Actually... I don't suppose Mrs. Fener is well enough to be moved? If she is well enough to be dismissed, she might take kindly to our bringing her home from the hospital, to the care of her, hm, let's say her nephew. And the presence of a sweet little old lady might be enough to defuse the situation a little... Would you mind checking in on her condition?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Colin nodded sagely, then grinned, "Well, if you have a better idea for subduing a reluctant Iteration X cyborg, then I am all ears - but as I understand it, they are immensely resilient to all forms of magic, and I am not certain a dead cyborg would be able to trip the wards on entry, meaning we would have to render him unconscious. So, it is best we don't let it get to that, hmm?"

"It is unlikely we will be able to get any magick through the defenses afforded him by his Primium implants yes."
Freddy said and sigh.
"And no I do not recommend ending up in a brawl with the man either, they tend to be hardy critters."
She said in a grim tone of voice.

He pondered for a moment, "Actually... I don't suppose Mrs. Fener is well enough to be moved? If she is well enough to be dismissed, she might take kindly to our bringing her home from the hospital, to the care of her, hm, let's say her nephew. And the presence of a sweet little old lady might be enough to defuse the situation a little... Would you mind checking in on her condition?"

"Well there are a few problems with that plan. Mrs Fener bought an apartment just a few months ago indicating that while she might be frail of body, she is sound of mind, why would she let two strangers take her from the hospital to bring her to the care of an nephew she have never heard of? Unless you are suggesting we use magick to make her believe us I think we will be tossed out by hospital security pretty quickly."
Freddy said and gave you a skeptical look.
"In addition the time to drive to the hospital, convince their security we actually know Mrs Fener and get her back here might be more than we have providing she is well enough to be moved, I do assume she is at the hospital for a reason."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"Also if we used magick to kidnap this little old lady, not only would we then be putting her in danger, but we would also bring her into a situation where she would be sure to at least hear some of what is going on if she would not witness it outright and by that breaking the Law of Shade and the Protocol about protecting sleepers, not to mention that if your cyborg friend have a soft spot for little old ladies he might not take to kindly to us kidnapping one from the hospital to use as a human shield in case he got angry when we tried to talk with him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Valid points. If we'd had a few days to whip up some falsified paperwork and identification, we might have been able to pull it off, though. Hm, nevertheless, could you do a quick check to see if Mrs. Fener has some living relatives? It's not entirely implausible that our augmented friend is, in fact, a relation of hers."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Richard journeys along in silence lost to his thoughts.. .absently going through his medical supplies

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 am

"Well even with falsified paperwork we would still need to convince Mrs Fener that we are actually taking her to a relative, I am not so sure paper work will convince her of that."
Freddy said.
"But I will run a check one moment..."
She said and tapped at her phone for a while.
"Hum...Yes she have two living children who are married with children of their own...nine grandchildren, fourteen great grandchildren, a ten years younger ex husband and one remaining living sibling, so there appear to be a whole bunch of relatives...perhaps she really would not be able to keep track of them all."
The Virtual Adept muttered.

Freddy glanced to the back seat to Richard.
"Do you have everything you need Dr Lee? I mean in case any of us got hurt or Liv Bergen will need medical care once we get her out? Though hopefully she have been well treated so far."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next