Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Colin smiled thinly, but warmly, "I may well be the only Mage in the world right now who is not actually bothered much by that... Remember, I've already spent over half my life as a walking reminder of how fragile life is; having survived an attempt on my Avatar is really not significantly different. If I'd lost my life back then, I wouldn't have magic. If I'd lost my Avatar earlier today, I'd also not have magic, and probably not much of a life left, either... Spending time worrying about what-might-have-beens like that is... simply something I don't do."
He nodded, "It's costly, but I think the next Prima of the Etherites will be quite a force for budgeting more firepower. I think she's already got her flagship, St. Victoria's Blade in the works, and I'm fairly certain she's taking the threat seriously even now."
He smiled, "The polyps don't stop functioning without the Handler. They just stop obeying orders. The cannons aren't controlled by the beastie itself, but aiming will be quite a problem when a fixed broadside isn't pointing toward the enemy any longer..."
He scratched his cheek, "Well, I'll have to visit Horizon in a couple of weeks. I'll have to plant a few inspiring seeds when I'm there."
He smirked, "Personally, I'm fluent in both English and Latin, though I'm given to understand that a few of the older Magi who actually learned Latin when it was a conversational language might wish to protest that claim. I've got some high hopes for learning Gallifreyan soon, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Colin smiled thinly, but warmly, "I may well be the only Mage in the world right now who is not actually bothered much by that... Remember, I've already spent over half my life as a walking reminder of how fragile life is; having survived an attempt on my Avatar is really not significantly different. If I'd lost my life back then, I wouldn't have magic. If I'd lost my Avatar earlier today, I'd also not have magic, and probably not much of a life left, either... Spending time worrying about what-might-have-beens like that is... simply something I don't do."

"Your way of thinking about it might be more healthy Colin and it is not like I go and worry about it on a daily basis, there just is so little chance of that ever happening so one can feel safe you know, most mages never see even it, never know anyone who have seen it all you might do is wonder about the Mercere that drop of mail to your Chantry but even among them it is rare, so it reminds a horror to scare apprentices at bedtime with, but after this week, with all that have happened I do think about it more...I think everyone at Steelhaven do..."
Francesca said and sigh.

He nodded, "It's costly, but I think the next Prima of the Etherites will be quite a force for budgeting more firepower. I think she's already got her flagship, St. Victoria's Blade in the works, and I'm fairly certain she's taking the threat seriously even now."

"A Prima...for the Sons of Ether, my my now that is and interesting I would never have believe that that particular Tradition would get a female leader, but it would be welcome, at times the Traditions are a little behind on the times."
The Euthanatos smiles.
"Hum...perhaps then you can get your plan moving, perhaps you could even get to know this woman and make the suggestions before she become Prima?"

He smiled, "The polyps don't stop functioning without the Handler. They just stop obeying orders. The cannons aren't controlled by the beastie itself, but aiming will be quite a problem when a fixed broadside isn't pointing toward the enemy any longer..."

"So they have their own minds, the Battle Cruisers, they are spirits or beings of the Umbra in their own right? Now that is interesting, taking out the Handlers then seam like the right way to go to cause the Nephandi some hassle."

He smirked, "Personally, I'm fluent in both English and Latin, though I'm given to understand that a few of the older Magi who actually learned Latin when it was a conversational language might wish to protest that claim. I've got some high hopes for learning Gallifreyan soon, though."

"Hum...well the way I have understood it the Latin you might learn in a university today and what was spoken long ago are pretty different from one another, but what do I know I only know a little of it from books...also...a language from a TV series?...Well they say everything exist somewhere in the Umbra so why not, though I doubt many will be able will be able to speak with you in that language though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:54 pm

"I am not a monster now Adley bur every Euthanatos face the danger of Jhor, and I will not let myself fall to it...You did help me, you got me back to Steelhaven and if my Seeking show me that I am meant to live you would have saved my life. Yes I will speak with Igmar, he healed me, or at least kept me alive so he is a big part of it and I will ask him before I go into the Seeking."

He nodded to her. "Well, let's make sure everything continues existing long so your Seeking can to come to pass in its due course. That is primary at the moment."

"I will try, but I have to admit that I am not very good at it. I do study Prime but I am not very good at what Hermetics would have called Vim alone, I use it to fuel my other spells but to set up a ward, well I will see what I can do but it is not my area o expertise. "Usually my Cabalmate Bess, a Virtual Adept takes care of the security when my Cabal need it, but I will see if I can whip something up."

He looked at her apologetically, then shook his head a little. "You've done quite a bit of hard work today it might not be good to push yourself, after all you've already done. And here I am asking more assistance. Do forgive me...we'll figure it out."

Adley walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind him and pulled his phone out, glancing at it speculatively with a frown on his face. He had to figure something out, he couldn't rely on everyone else to keep his conversations secure all the time. It was a matter of knowing how to do what he wanted to do in a way that made sense to him. Even knowing that nothing could be perfectly secure, it should be possible to work out something like what Hayden had done and using the principals of the primal-trip wire rote that he used for alarm wards. Seeing the connections between the rocks in his shoes and speaking with the Earth elementals was in retrospect intuitively understandable. Maybe, since he couldn't stifle his own Voice with is own magick, he could tell if someone interfered with anything he was saying, or hearing, given he had the reference Name of Tyler. Just as something standing before a flame would cast a flickering shadow. It was worth a shot. Half of what he'd learned had come from 'field tests' of necessity; maybe that was not so unusual during war. With is free hand, he began to describe a circle in the confines of the bathroom, adding the appropriate hand gestures and Words for controlling the Powers, rego, auram, vim.

Then he dialed up Tyler.

"Yes hello it is I." Tyler said, as she quickly took the call, she did not sound sluggish and tired this time and there was a sharp alertness to her voice. "Is there any news?"

"Bad time?" he asked, noting how taut her voice sounded. Perhaps she had company...or was simply waiting for something to happen, though that did not seem to be her style so far as he had gathered.

// It's a good tat, crisp bright color! Lucky tattoo ftw. The appropriate response is bro-hoof right? xD There should be a highfive emote.

ooc 2 - 0,0,7,2 - knowledge+occult roll (if necessary to cobble this workaround together)
Arete: Sense Connection -c1, p1, f1 - 0,0,4 - There is probably an easier/more direct way for him to have done this but this is how it made sense for him right now - monitoring for interference/distortion in-between

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Colin nodded, "I suppose the fear is greatly weakened by actually going through... well, let me turn the subject around - I understand a significant part of the Chakravati initiation is death, so you no longer fear it, isn't that correct? I think Adjan said something about that; he died, so he could understand that Death is not an enemy to be feared, but a constant presence in life... did I understand that about right? It's not about death, but about life. Quality, rather than quantity, if you will..."
He smiled, "I think Alexis Hstings might at least be curious if I can present her with an accurate drawing of the Heart of Horizon in flight... I think I might be able to draw her from memory. Lieutenant Bergamott Lefebvre, also of the Children of Ether was... will be on board the base ship, The Shara... she, too, might turn out a valuable ally in this matter."
He nodded, "The Handlers are... like a dog walker, holding the leash. They let go the leash, the doggie runs off."
He shrugged, "I need to find a suitable language to work with these concepts in - English and Latin are inadequate if I am to work on, well, a Tardis.. It's not for speaking, but for writing, primarily."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Adley:

He nodded to her. "Well, let's make sure everything continues existing long so your Seeking can to come to pass in its due course. That is primary at the moment."

"Agreed."
Francesca said and nodded.
"That is the primary concern at the moment."

He looked at her apologetically, then shook his head a little. "You've done quite a bit of hard work today it might not be good to push yourself, after all you've already done. And here I am asking more assistance. Do forgive me...we'll figure it out."

Kristina lifted a hand and waved with it to wave away your concerns.
"I am fine, granted yes I am tired and will probably not throw myself into a battle situation until I have rested unless I have to, trying to do a few wards I can do, I am just not very good at it so do not be worried about me."
She said and offered a little smile.

With is free hand, he began to describe a circle in the confines of the bathroom, adding the appropriate hand gestures and Words for controlling the Powers, rego, auram, vim.

You get a sense of connection to Tyler when she picks up the phone and for now you can feel no interference other than being rather sure that Tyler is not the woman's true name, you can feel it there connected with her the sound of her voice as she replies reacting with it but still it feels slightly hollow, you hear no other disturbance though so if your quickly made rote works then no one is listening in on your conversation, at least for now.

"Bad time?" he asked, noting how taut her voice sounded. Perhaps she had company...or was simply waiting for something to happen, though that did not seem to be her style so far as he had gathered.

"Ehm...not exactly just an unexpected guest...one of my friends have sent me a stray...apparently he saved her life and is now on the run from his own, I have taken in quite a few strays in this group of mine but this one...is human, in fact I suspect he is one of yours."
Tyler said and sigh.
"He is a bit of a conundrum, I do get runaway...ghouls...ehm our servants at times and have gotten a few of them to safety but this man is never ghoul nor vampire...all he will say is that he have to get away from his own kind meaning I should probably not even be telling you this, but if he is a mage I have no idea what to do about him, I do not even know what mages eat..."
She said then she cleared her throat.
"But to business, any news about that woman that we can use to make our move?"
The vampiress asked suppressing her frustration to get down to the business at hand.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I suppose the fear is greatly weakened by actually going through... well, let me turn the subject around - I understand a significant part of the Chakravati initiation is death, so you no longer fear it, isn't that correct? I think Adjan said something about that; he died, so he could understand that Death is not an enemy to be feared, but a constant presence in life... did I understand that about right?

"Yes that is correct, we die during our initiation and find out way back, and since we have seen what comes after we do not fear death, we know we will be reincarnated again and that death is just another phase of existence, now that do not mean we want to die, most Euthanatoi I know love life, and enjoy it, but we accept death and embrace it when it comes."

It's not about death, but about life. Quality, rather than quantity, if you will..."

"Yes that is right, it is about life, but compared to what we where talking about Colin, I am not afraid of death because I know it is not a terrible thing, there is peace in it. I do not want to leave my friends, and there are things I want to do and experience in life, so at this point death would be a loss, but it is still not terrible, it is just a door to a new life with new lessons to learn, but that thing...there are nothing good about it...I do not see how being close it it would lessen the fear of something that carry nothing but pain and oblivion with it."

He smiled, "I think Alexis Hstings might at least be curious if I can present her with an accurate drawing of the Heart of Horizon in flight... I think I might be able to draw her from memory. Lieutenant Bergamott Lefebvre, also of the Children of Ether was... will be on board the base ship, The Shara... she, too, might turn out a valuable ally in this matter."

"The Children of Ether...yes that is a better name for them."
Francesca nodded approvingly.
"Perhaps you should try to seek this Miss Hastings out then and also Miss Lefebvre, I do not know much about the ships mentioned but your plan is a complicated one, you will need what allies you can get."

He nodded, "The Handlers are... like a dog walker, holding the leash. They let go the leash, the doggie runs off."

"Aww now I feel bad for the polyps...which is silly since they are huge war ships but still they are being kept against their will that is sort of sad."

He shrugged, "I need to find a suitable language to work with these concepts in - English and Latin are inadequate if I am to work on, well, a Tardis.. It's not for speaking, but for writing, primarily."

"A Tardis now...well well..."
Francesca raised an eyebrow.
"Well why not, whatever you can imagine you should be able to do given enough magkical might, I do think you will frustrate the ones trying to read your notes though."
She said and grinned.

(OOC: Yes Warp it is a cool tattoo.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose it might be just me... Beatrice may have an entirely different perspective on the issue when she's recovered... But I agree, that ritual has got to go. It's only playing into the Fallen's hands."
He smiled, "Well, I'm told I have a knack for getting even old Masters to pause and listen when I speak. I might be able to plant a few suggestions and make a few acquaintances on my upcoming visits to Horizon..."
He nodded, "It's rather inhumane... They're basically the equivalent of overgrown... I don't know, giant space whales or something?"
He smirked, "Well, it seems the perfect written language for circular arguments... Plus, it might help bolster my modest geek cred."

((Well, thankee - it's not so much "lucky" as a mark of Loyalty and Coolness - in fact, in this summer season, it keeps me about 20% cooler. Wink And the appropriate emote would be /) (\ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose it might be just me... Beatrice may have an entirely different perspective on the issue when she's recovered... But I agree, that ritual has got to go. It's only playing into the Fallen's hands."

"I hope she will feel like you Colin, that she will not be scared and that she will be able to put the whole thing behind her and continue with her life, she deserve to be happy...but there is also a good chance that your Cabalmate will be very traumatized for a very long while."
Francesca said sounding concerned.
"And yes if we can find some alternative on how to deal with the Fallen then I agree, that ritual have to go, unless we find that alternative though, there are those that just have to be removed from the Cycle, Lisa Larson for example."

He smiled, "Well, I'm told I have a knack for getting even old Masters to pause and listen when I speak. I might be able to plant a few suggestions and make a few acquaintances on my upcoming visits to Horizon..."

"Those who told you that might be right, you do seam to have that affect on people and a knack for getting others to stop and listen to what you have to say, regardless for what rank that person might have, indeed you might be able to make some acquaintances that can be most helpful to what you want to do."

He nodded, "It's rather inhumane... They're basically the equivalent of overgrown... I don't know, giant space whales or something?"

"Hum rather ugly overgrown wales from what I hear Colin but yes...I do wonder though if the Nephandi make them somehow or if they capture them or if it is a combination of the two."

He smirked, "Well, it seems the perfect written language for circular arguments... Plus, it might help bolster my modest geek cred."

The young Euthanatos gave a bit of a giggle at that.
"Well yes it might indeed bolster your geek cred, on the other hand it will not be a language that many can read, at least not in this reality so it would be useful for personal notes but not that much else I would presume."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:05 am

Colin pondered, then smirked evilly, "Actually, it rather would be sort of satisfying to catch the harridan alive and cleanse her Avatar against her will before the inevitable execution... Having such an event publicized and, say, distributed in such a manner that the Fallen would get to see just might cause some consternation in their leadership."
He scratched the back of his neck, "It's hard to say whether the polyps occur naturally or are artificial... from what I could see, I would guess... they're naturally native to the Deep Umbra, along with God knows what other sorts of creatures, but they're converted into warships by the Nephandi; passages carved out, computer systems embedded in the tissue, cannons molded into their skin..."
He shrugged, "I suppose Quenya could be quite more practical for conversation... I do remember a Gurkha and a German soldier who met when I was in Iraq; they only that language in common - which was highly puzzling for just about everyone else. They seemed happy to have found a like-minded friend, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:58 am

Kristina lifted a hand and waved with it to wave away your concerns. "I am fine, granted yes I am tired and will probably not throw myself into a battle situation until I have rested unless I have to, trying to do a few wards I can do, I am just not very good at it so do not be worried about me." She said and offered a little smile.

"Still, I will try not to worry after you unduly. But I should still keep in mind what lengths you've gone to," he said. Then he added a bit of a smile, "I would not wish to wear out my welcome."

"Ehm...not exactly just an unexpected guest...one of my friends have sent me a stray...apparently he saved her life and is now on the run from his own, I have taken in quite a few strays in this group of mine but this one...is human, in fact I suspect he is one of yours." Tyler said and sigh. "He is a bit of a conundrum, I do get runaway...ghouls...ehm our servants at times and have gotten a few of them to safety but this man is never ghoul nor vampire...all he will say is that he have to get away from his own kind meaning I should probably not even be telling you this, but if he is a mage I have no idea what to do about him, I do not even know what mages eat..." She said then she cleared her throat. "But to business, any news about that woman that we can use to make our move?"

Adley raised an eyebrow to himself as he listened to her. First, he had not thought he'd get a strong realisation that Tyler was not her Name, though of course he was not surprised she was using an alias. But it was a useful thing to know, nevertheless. But more to the point, he had a suspicion about who this foundling mage was that she was talking about. In such a case, no he was not one of theirs. He would be a Nephandus, though to a vampire, 'one of us' could just mean any mage. The same one that had spared Colin and had communicated with him by phone. Possibly Sebastian Silverberg, formerly Verbena, filius Alvin Serat. Also witness to hearing the Nephandi speak about Susanna being 'taken care of.' And knowing about the package with Heylel's hair. Damnation. It must have been Enrichtho he'd saved, Tyler's friend. And that also would explain why she would not want to make a bold move on the Tower itself. Ah, wonderful...vampire politics and mage politics, overlapping for extra complications. Though perhaps it might give them something they could use to get out of this mess with Abigail.

"I see. As long as you do not feed him what vampires consume and keep him from being turned into...what did you call them? A ghoul? Or vampire...then I would ask what he likes to eat." Part of him was amused Tyler seemed flummoxed about something as basic as eating habits, though he knew there was myth mixed in with mage lore. At least she seemed to know better than to give supernaturals vampire blood, according to Lenoe at least. "I wished to tell you that if we move forward we will try to make the arrangements as we discussed and hoped you had heard something that might give us a clue to get at her. She hides behind her subordinates in a most frustrating manner," he began, mindful of her guest. "Though if you are around this guest perhaps we should mind what we say."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:05 am

Colin:

Colin pondered, then smirked evilly, "Actually, it rather would be sort of satisfying to catch the harridan alive and cleanse her Avatar against her will before the inevitable execution... Having such an event publicized and, say, distributed in such a manner that the Fallen would get to see just might cause some consternation in their leadership."

Francesca looked at you then she gave a hearty laugh.
"You know Colin, I think something like that would terrify the Fallen more than well...you know, and I can just imagine Lisa Larson's face if she was brought in expecting to pay the ultimate price and become a martyr for her cause, and be told that no, she would be cleansed and then painlessly executed letting her Avatar move on to a more productive next incarnation. Now I do think that if a method to cleanse Fallen souls are found then it will require the participation of the host but the thought of telling that woman something like that is more than amusing."

He scratched the back of his neck, "It's hard to say whether the polyps occur naturally or are artificial... from what I could see, I would guess... they're naturally native to the Deep Umbra, along with God knows what other sorts of creatures, but they're converted into warships by the Nephandi; passages carved out, computer systems embedded in the tissue, cannons molded into their skin..."

Francesca sigh and she looked quite sad for the monstrous creatures for a moment.
"That is terrible, now I really feel bad for them, who knows what they may be feeling, I guess the Fallen do not care but yes that is just terrible, then again the Traditions to do not have the best track record when it comes to treating spirits with kindness and respect."

He shrugged, "I suppose Quenya could be quite more practical for conversation... I do remember a Gurkha and a German soldier who met when I was in Iraq; they only that language in common - which was highly puzzling for just about everyone else. They seemed happy to have found a like-minded friend, though."

"I am not familiar with that language at all, linguistics are not my forte."
"But I am sure there are languages that are far more practical out there than English."

Adley:

"Still, I will try not to worry after you unduly. But I should still keep in mind what lengths you've gone to," he said. Then he added a bit of a smile, "I would not wish to wear out my welcome."

Kristina gave you a polite smile.
"I do appreciate your concern."
Then she gave a big grin.
"Ah do not worry about it, when it comes to kicking some Nephandi behinds that is sort of all of our jobs is it not."
She said and sounded amused her pretty green eyes twinkling.

"I see. As long as you do not feed him what vampires consume and keep him from being turned into...what did you call them? A ghoul? Or vampire...then I would ask what he likes to eat."

"Hum...so mages have no special dietary concerns, good one less complication. I mean I have seen horror movies and there is this thing about salt that keep popping up, not that such tales should be taken as fact. And yes they are called ghouls, another thing I probably should not tell you but to be able to use some terminology can be practical, I guess someone found naming them so to be amusing at some point in time."
Tyler said over the phone.

"I wished to tell you that if we move forward we will try to make the arrangements as we discussed and hoped you had heard something that might give us a clue to get at her. She hides behind her subordinates in a most frustrating manner," he began, mindful of her guest. "Though if you are around this guest perhaps we should mind what we say."

"No I sent one of my subordinates off to watch my guest, he looks like he have taken a beating but he is healing faster than normal humans would, quite interesting, I did have company but have sent them from the room so it should be fairly safe to talk."
The vampire replied.
"I have heard little, apparently Nicolai is getting rather impatient one of my men overheard a couple of his ghouls talk and he have not been delivered what he expected earlier tonight also, well that friend I spoke of she is his childe, recognized by the Prince but not his Clan so he have had to hide her, it gets complicated, anyway the little shit sent my friend out to work with some of Abigail's people and they attacked her badly, he is not going to be pleased to hear that, she is Anarch yes but he cares for her."
Tyler sigh.
"Other than that I have very little new information to bring to the table right now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:03 am

Kristina gave you a polite smile. "I do appreciate your concern." Then she gave a big grin. "Ah do not worry about it, when it comes to kicking some Nephandi behinds that is sort of all of our jobs is it not." She said and sounded amused her pretty green eyes twinkling.

"I'll see you shortly then," he said with a nod to excuse himself.

"Hum...so mages have no special dietary concerns, good one less complication. I mean I have seen horror movies and there is this thing about salt that keep popping up, not that such tales should be taken as fact.

"I did not say that, just not to feed him any blood or other vampiric...sustenance. I said to ask him, as anyone might naturally wish to avoid a dietary concern would be likely to either specifying it or a safe food."

And yes they are called ghouls, another thing I probably should not tell you but to be able to use some terminology can be practical, I guess someone found naming them so to be amusing at some point in time."

"Someone who has read One Thousand and One Nights...perhaps," Then he frowned. "They are what you call your servants then." If she operated a sort of underground railroad for runaway servants and runaways, then Tian had managed to get away again.

"I have heard little, apparently Nicolai is getting rather impatient one of my men overheard a couple of his ghouls talk and he have not been delivered what he expected earlier tonight also, well that friend I spoke of she is his childe, recognized by the Prince but not his Clan so he have had to hide her, it gets complicated, anyway the little shit sent my friend out to work with some of Abigail's people and they attacked her badly, he is not going to be pleased to hear that, she is Anarch yes but he cares for her.

"Your friend is Nicolai's childe...recognized by your Prince but not by the Prince's clan...or did you mean Nicoliai's?" Great, an illegitimate childe to boot. "Yes that does sound complicated." He sighed. Damn, damn, damn. "Neither of them have spoken anything about Abigail's plans or her deal with Nicolai, by any chance?" he asked. Then he added, "What about those you said stood against Nicolai? The elder or the other vampire?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 am

Colin grinned, "Too bad I can't say that with a straight face... but could you imagince Chief Morgan, in his gruffest demeanor, cuff her with magic-suppressing handcuffs, spin her around and tell her that?"
He sighed, "I won't pretend to understand how spirits... work. But it seems the Traditions at our worst still are better than the Fallen. Mr. Karyak said something about a spirit that was sent to spy on us, forced to do the Fallen's bidding by an aggressive spiritual parasite..."
He smiled, "Quenya is one of Tolkien's Elvish languages... Don't recall which one of them at the moment, though, but I think it's the one most commonly spoken today. Which in and of itself seems rather bizarre, to say the least."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:33 am

Adley:

"I'll see you shortly then," he said with a nod to excuse himself.

"Yes indeed I will see you then."
Kristina replied she inclined her head towards you and went to check on her children and to find Isabella.

"I did not say that, just not to feed him any blood or other vampiric...sustenance. I said to ask him, as anyone might naturally wish to avoid a dietary concern would be likely to either specifying it or a safe food."

"No off course not, I would not feed a supernatural creature vampire blood, that seldom ends well."
Tyler said seriously.
"Nor would I assume the boy eats blood, other than us I know only of two other creatures that do and mages are not on that list."

"Someone who has read One Thousand and One Nights...perhaps," Then he frowned. "They are what you call your servants then." If she operated a sort of underground railroad for runaway servants and runaways, then Tian had managed to get away again.

"Hum...yes quite possibly."
The vampire said then she added.
"Yes they are, and some are treated well as what binds them to us get stronger will well treatment, there are no reason to mistreat a ghoul, some do so anyway though and then I help them. I have servants, but there is no need to treat someone who serve you badly."
She said angrily.

"Your friend is Nicolai's childe...recognized by your Prince but not by the Prince's clan...or did you mean Nicoliai's?"

"She is Nicolai's childe. I do assume that in your society as well there are some laws and regulations when it comes to making new mages? In either case we need the permission of the Prince, which the little snot got but some Clans also want a word in the matter and the way I understand it they did not approve, so my friend is legally in the city but not recognized by Clan Tremere as a member."

Great, an illegitimate childe to boot. "Yes that does sound complicated." He sighed. Damn, damn, damn.

"Yes indeed it is..."
Tyler said and sigh.

"Neither of them have spoken anything about Abigail's plans or her deal with Nicolai, by any chance?" he asked.

"Yeah well not much. My friend said she was sent to help out some of Abigail's mages with attacking the servants of some other mages at a old post office, there she was asked to Embrace a mage that where there and when she refused, for some reason that topic is a pretty soft spot for her, Abigail's crew turned on her and this boy she sent to be saved her. Now the kid he gave his name as Tian said pretty much the same thing that Abigail's crew wanted something these messages wanted, then he said some bullshit that made no sense to me but that might to you, he said that he could not let the leader of the gang continue to torture the boss of the messengers because the soul that had left that messenger or servant or whatever it is he is was reborn in his own daughter so he felt a kinship to the man. Other than that they have said nothing and mild questions have provided no more information."
Tyler said sounding frustrated.

Then he added, "What about those you said stood against Nicolai? The elder or the other vampire?"

"He...have been arrested..."
Tyler said sounded grim.
"The Sheriff came for him, staked him and dragged him off, I guess the Prince do not have enough evidence to outright kill him yet but he have annoyed the big wigs just one time to many with his protests on Nicolai's plans, his future do not seam bright or rather well...to morbid a joke perhaps."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Too bad I can't say that with a straight face... but could you imagince Chief Morgan, in his gruffest demeanor, cuff her with magic-suppressing handcuffs, spin her around and tell her that?"

"Yes...I can imagine that and it would be priceless...absolutely priceless."
Francesca said and giggled again.
"Now that would have been a just end for that woman as well..."

He sighed, "I won't pretend to understand how spirits... work. But it seems the Traditions at our worst still are better than the Fallen. Mr. Karyak said something about a spirit that was sent to spy on us, forced to do the Fallen's bidding by an aggressive spiritual parasite..."

"I see...well I guess the Fallen are brutal to everyone."
The Euthanatos said and sigh.
"Still it is good to remember that these beings are living, thinking entities, if someone called you from your dinner plans and compelled you to serve them then you would at least want them to be polite about it would you not?"

He smiled, "Quenya is one of Tolkien's Elvish languages... Don't recall which one of them at the moment, though, but I think it's the one most commonly spoken today. Which in and of itself seems rather bizarre, to say the least."

"I have only seen the movies I never could get through the books, I really should sit down and read them as they are classics but the start is so slow I generally gave up after fifty pager each time I sit down to try."
Francesca said then she smiled.
"Well in either case it is a pretty language."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:15 am

Colin nodded, "Either be polite, or have a very good reason, such as the whole building being on fire. There are certainly circumstances where I would be willing to let politeness slide as a matter of expediency, but I suppose anyone forcing me into slavery would be running the risk of some very creative literal interpretations of orders..."
He shrugged, "The movies are fine, though they gloss over a lot; even a few rather important bits, I think... but I can't blame you for not getting through the books - classics or not, Tolkien was a linguist first and an author second... actually, a linguist first, a world-builder second, and author trickled into third place. He gets... dry. But yes, the language is pretty, which makes it all the more unnerving to hear coming from a man whose training qualifies him to behead a man with a heavy knife. Have you ever seen a kukri in motion in the hands of an expert?"
He shuddered a bit at the memory of those weapon drills...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:24 am

Colin nodded, "Either be polite, or have a very good reason, such as the whole building being on fire. There are certainly circumstances where I would be willing to let politeness slide as a matter of expediency, but I suppose anyone forcing me into slavery would be running the risk of some very creative literal interpretations of orders..."

"Yes the same here, I mean I would try to fight it every way I could and if I could make the one responsible have just a bit more miserable day, then well that would have it's own satisfaction now would it not."
Francesca said and grinned.
"I suspect one actually get more out of spirits if one is polite and ask their help rather than resorting to force."

He shrugged, "The movies are fine, though they gloss over a lot; even a few rather important bits, I think... but I can't blame you for not getting through the books - classics or not, Tolkien was a linguist first and an author second... actually, a linguist first, a world-builder second, and author trickled into third place. He gets... dry. But yes, the language is pretty, which makes it all the more unnerving to hear coming from a man whose training qualifies him to behead a man with a heavy knife.

"Yes well I think it was the never ending descriptions of who was related to who that got me to put the books down. I got thinking that this is how it must feel to be Verbena and keep track of everyone in your magickal lineage...everyone..."
Francesca said and smiles then she nodded.
"Yes that I can imagine can sound a bit odd indeed."

Have you ever seen a kukri in motion in the hands of an expert?"
He shuddered a bit at the memory of those weapon drills...

"Yes I have actually they are a very useful weapons but more suited for a strong man than a small woman as they take allot of strength to be effective."
Francesca said then she added with a grin.
"My Tradition tend to like sharp and pointy things."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Colin smiled, "I suppose spirits aren't so different from us, are they?"
He grinned broadly, "Oh, Francesca, you absolutely must visit the next Ren Faire to watch the duelists. There are girls there of almost as light a build as Beatrice, yet they're some of the fiercest fighters on the grounds, wielding fairly heavy blades with ease. They'd be right at home with a kukri, I think, once they got used to the slightly different grip and balance."
He paused for a moment, "Granted, most of those duelists fight with blunted blades so as to avoid serious injury, but they still need full armour to protect them from the blows."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Colin smiled, "I suppose spirits aren't so different from us, are they?"

"In many ways yes they are but often they are more limited to what they are compared to us who create ourselves in many ways."
Francesca said and smiled.

He grinned broadly, "Oh, Francesca, you absolutely must visit the next Ren Faire to watch the duelists. There are girls there of almost as light a build as Beatrice, yet they're some of the fiercest fighters on the grounds, wielding fairly heavy blades with ease. They'd be right at home with a kukri, I think, once they got used to the slightly different grip and balance."

"You can absolutely get good at it as a woman but a weapon that bases itself on raw strength are often better for physical strength. Then again I have seen Beatrice fight with daggers she can take out most who go against her men or women."

He paused for a moment, "Granted, most of those duelists fight with blunted blades so as to avoid serious injury, but they still need full armour to protect them from the blows."

"Well getting a hit in a competition are something else than chopping though muscle and bone, weapons more designed for stabbing or cutting though often require less strength to do serious damage."
She said and scratched her head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Colin shrugged, "I don't think those duelists pull their blows. And in any case, stopping a sword swing seems harder than going through with it; swords are generally in the two-to-three-pound range, aren't they? That's a fair weight to swing around for an extended period of time, whether for stabbing or cutting."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:33 pm

"I would assume you are right, I have never fought with a sword, but stopping a swing do take quite a bit of force however that was my point, hitting with and using a weapon is one thing, crushing bone with one is something else, but yes they are heavy weapons...well in either case I really should not sit and judge who a weapon I personally do not use are suited for."
Francesca said and offered a bit of a smile.
"They are interesting in either regard, a combination of a sword, a knife and an axe really in how you would use it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Friday:
Yeah, girl. No kiding, you're getting a lot of headaches. Some day you'll see the Gladius shape of Coawa. Shit gets serious when he's in that form, but it's awesome. he said happy to see she had not traumatized them.

Saturday:
NO problem, i was tending to a patient and i simply asked, it ended up being enough people vailable. Also, you need one and i cant do it, not yet. And i don't want you hurted...
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Friday:

Lily nodded she looked at Alessa who now looked normal again and then at Coawa.
"So they have in between forms that are used for fighting?"
She asked and Coawa nodded.
"Yes though some fera have more forms than that, some have as little as three but some have five or six."
Lily nodded.
"That is quite amazing."
She muttered.
"How do you become what you are?"
She asked and Alessa smiles.
"We are born like this, it is hereditary though not all children of a fera will themselves become fera, but those who do manifest their ability to change shapes in their puberty."
She said and Lily nodded she looked both full of wonder and a little scared.

Saturday:

"Well thank you anyway...yeah I understand that I need a teacher, well then I will see you on Monday Tane, you take care of yourself until then."

As you where speaking with Lily your bus stopped where you had to get off to get to Steelhaven and now you can see the Chantry down at the end of the road.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:29 pm

"She is Nicolai's childe. I do assume that in your society as well there are some laws and regulations when it comes to making new mages? In either case we need the permission of the Prince, which the little snot got but some Clans also want a word in the matter and the way I understand it they did not approve, so my friend is legally in the city but not recognized by Clan Tremere as a member."

"Like a family disowning someone...but the parents still wish to be in their life. I must confess it seems that this Nicolai gets quite a loose chain. He acts even when his own Clan does not support him..." He didn't say anything about how to 'make a mage;' some things he would not explain unless there was a specific need.

"Yeah well not much. My friend said she was sent to help out some of Abigail's mages with attacking the servants of some other mages at a old post office, there she was asked to Embrace a mage that where there and when she refused, for some reason that topic is a pretty soft spot for her, Abigail's crew turned on her and this boy she sent to be saved her. Now the kid he gave his name as Tian said pretty much the same thing that Abigail's crew wanted something these messages wanted, then he said some bullshit that made no sense to me but that might to you, he said that he could not let the leader of the gang continue to torture the boss of the messengers because the soul that had left that messenger or servant or whatever it is he is was reborn in his own daughter so he felt a kinship to the man. Other than that they have said nothing and mild questions have provided no more information."

Adley's brows drew together in confusion. Tian's kid was awakened and her avatar had been the Deacon's before...? He was not sure how that could be...he did not know the entirety of the man's story, only that something terrible had happened to him. But there was an additional concern, now. "Do you know how old his daughter is? I fear there might be concern over a replacement..."

"He...have been arrested..." Tyler said sounded grim. "The Sheriff came for him, staked him and dragged him off, I guess the Prince do not have enough evidence to outright kill him yet but he have annoyed the big wigs just one time to many with his protests on Nicolai's plans, his future do not seam bright or rather well...to morbid a joke perhaps."

His frown deepened. "There is nothing that can be done?" Perhaps he should not feel sad or concerned, other than the impact it might have on the node, tactically. But the vestiges of memory that he carried were still there, even if those aspects of the man Carmon had been once had faded over the decades.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 pm

"Like a family disowning someone...but the parents still wish to be in their life. I must confess it seems that this Nicolai gets quite a loose chain. He acts even when his own Clan does not support him..." He didn't say anything about how to 'make a mage;' some things he would not explain unless there was a specific need.

"Yes about exactly like a family disowning someone but the parent still staying in contact, honestly I do not know all the details myself."
Tyler said and sigh.
"Yes Nicolai have built up power and influence that give him a certain degree of leeway in our society."
The old vampiress explained.

"Do you know how old his daughter is? I fear there might be concern over a replacement..."

"No I do not know but this Tian kid looks like he is barely twenty so his kid can not be that old, unless the boy is older than he looks."
Tyler said and sigh.
"I see a replacement bride for the little shit Nicolai? Hum...yes that would be unfortunate I will ask him his daughter's age."

His frown deepened. "There is nothing that can be done?" Perhaps he should not feel sad or concerned, other than the impact it might have on the node, tactically. But the vestiges of memory that he carried were still there, even if those aspects of the man Carmon had been once had faded over the decades.

"Not likely, I can lobby for the fact that he have broken none of our laws merely spoken up against Nicolai's actions and this alliance with Abigail, I doubt it will help much, he is an Elder so that speaks to his advantage he is not so easy to out right execute as a young vampire no one cares about but his Clan leader in the city will not speak up for him so I would say his goose is pretty much cooked."
Tyler said sounding a bit surprised about your question.
"Why do you ask?"

(OOC: Well it seams I had one more character be sent to the post office with Jacob and the rest that I forgot that I had there, Samantha, sorry about that I do generally try to keep track about where everyone is, let us just say she kept watch while the others worked. Oopsie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:55 am

Colin smiled, "Well, in any case... I believe Adley wanted a small conference, so if you'll excuse me, I'll just stroll along to the indicated room. I gather he's the one occupying the restroom, in any case... Tell him I came by, would you?"

Then he casually strolled down to the room Kristina had indicated, twirling his wand in one hand.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 am

"Yes off course Colin do not let me keep you."
Francesca said and smiles.
"I will stay here and look after Liv. And yes he is in the restroom and I will let him know."
She said and nodded.

You move down the hall and get to a small class room, there where six desks, a blackboard that that writing in Latin with information on several sigils, and a book case in the back as well as three large windows along one wall, each with green curtains, the walls where white the the floor had yellow tiles. You see that one person had already arrived, she was a pretty blond woman with her hair in two thick braids, her eyes where large and blue, she was wearing a blue dress with a floral print and black shoes. The woman smiles when you come into the room.
"Ah you must be Colin Wainwright, I do not think we have officially met."
She said and held out a long fingered, elegant hand in greeting.
"I am Isabella Jarden, I am pleased to meet you Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next