Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 8 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Tane started to feel bad over the posibility of failure, but failure is always a posibility when attempting something so he felt he was doing the right thing. He must have faith and then he needed to start preparing her defense. In any case, Tane wrapped all in a plaatic bag and tried to stop making things muddy.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 8 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:22 pm

"I guess...but we can not just let widderslaintes run loose can we, I mean they are dangerous after all, the Traditions do not do what they do to them just to be cruel, there are a reason behind it."
Colin shrugged, "Babies and bathwater, I suppose... There's reason for the practice, but that doesn't mean the practice is on the excessive side. Sort of like amputating a leg at the knee when the toes are gangrenous, it sacrifices more than is perhaps necessary..."

"Shit I do not understand how she manage not to panic right now, at least that Nephandus have a set of balls on her...figuratively speaking."
He glanced back at the cell door, "She has come to terms with her inevitable fate, I think - she has accepted that she can do nothing while in that cell... Of course, she is cunning and powerful; perhaps a century old at least - I would not put it past her to have some daring escape attempt cooking for the moment she is led across the threshold to be transported to Horizon. Even dying under such circumstances would be a victory for her."
He smiled thinly, "I trust her to be civil and honest with me - not necessarily forthcoming; she has a number of secrets it would be pointless to pry at - but I'm quite sure she is not lying... and I'm not entirely certain she has abandoned all hope of avoiding the worst, even if that harbours a silver lining for her."

"Possibly I mean such widderslaintes while rare are not enemies of Asencion in this life yet...they just will be again in the next life and was in the last, so I guess it is less serious to work with one of them than with a full blown Nephandus, and I do not think a teacher who do not rapport their student or someone else that just can not give up a loved one to Gilgul should be punished as harshly as someone who cooperate with the enemy just for their own gain...luckily though I am not of House Guernicus so I do not have to try to figure all of that shit out...ehm sorry for the language Sir."
He nodded, "I'm sure Master Min would be at least sympathetic to your opinion... Good man, that."

"I suspect there are allot of Smith's in the Technocracy, but no I do not agree, something exist because it is named, and finding that name allow you to control that thing, obscuring one's name is a way to protect yourself...I have never like diminutives though, no one get to call me Patty."
He grinned, "Best not get into a debate with miss Adelbloom about that... She's part of my group from Boston; probably going back shortly, though, so you'll likely miss her this time around."

"Patricia is my name, it is not dishonest for me to use it even if it was not my birth name. My teacher gave me a apprentice name when I was a student and when I passed my Gauntlet I choose my Shadow Name. I mean to each their own but I feel safer with not everyone having that power over me as comes with knowing my true name."
He grinned viciously, "Ever hear the term 'more trouble than it's worth'? Oh, I suppose someone could use my name for magical leverage, but... I might very carefully misinterpret anything they'd order me to do. Besides, while there is power in names, I suspect there's a fair bit of power vested in keeping those names occult. If there was so much power in a name everyone knew, well, how difficult would it be to influence, say Barack Hussein Obama the second in that manner?"

"Really both Traditionalists and Technocrats use the Boston Umbral dock? That must be quite the place to visit.
He grinned, "It is a very interesting place. Of course, it nearly exploded this morning, if not for a powerful old Flambeau and companies Heinz and French's... If you like, I might have the time to tell you that whole story later. Though I suppose Lady Arden might be able to give you the cliff notes; she was there, too."

"Thank you Sir...well reality do affect me in that it is far harder to cast magic effectively while sleepers watch, not that it would be legal to do so anyway but yeah there are some advantages to being a hedge wizard but originally I did want to Awaken, but it did not happen and now I do not want to waste all those years of training Ars to do it all over again with Awakened magick...you are kind though, not many think the way you do about this Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "And that is a pity. You are not being given anywhere near enough credit for you part in keeping magic alive..."

((OOC:
Antonio looked at you, it was not hard to see that the Scribe was angry.
"Please hold her while I bind her and administer this serum...hold her...as gently as possible Mr Wainwright."
He instructed darkly he was not pleased that you had insisted he save this woman just so he could watch her be dragged to Horizon.
Oi, quit dragging Colin into scenes he's not even in the same city as? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Adley:

"You as well Mr Roth Hicks"
Hans said.

You returned to the basement room where the Nosferatu girl was kept. You see the Mercere is still sitting there rolling that ball to the wounded monster, though with how the girl had been treated it was perhaps a question of who the monster was in this instance. The Red Cap looked up and you and smiles a little. Ellen look at you and shiver but then seam to realize you do not want her any harm...at least for now.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "Babies and bathwater, I suppose... There's reason for the practice, but that doesn't mean the practice is on the excessive side. Sort of like amputating a leg at the knee when the toes are gangrenous, it sacrifices more than is perhaps necessary..."

"It is a horrid practice I agree Mr Wainwright, but what else can we do...what other options are there to avoid there being allot of widderslainte running around causing trouble, most of those children, even if they start out ok, and most of them do not, they are born little monsters, but even those that fight their nature will eventually loose to their darker impulses, in this life, or the next...they are like rabid dogs, sooner or later they will attack and there are no other choice than to remove them from the equation."
Patrica said and looked at you.
"What other choice is there?"

He glanced back at the cell door, "She has come to terms with her inevitable fate, I think - she has accepted that she can do nothing while in that cell... Of course, she is cunning and powerful; perhaps a century old at least - I would not put it past her to have some daring escape attempt cooking for the moment she is led across the threshold to be transported to Horizon. Even dying under such circumstances would be a victory for her."

"How can she come to terms with something so horrible?"
The hedge wizard muttered wide eyed.
"Yeah transporting her will be dangerous, but I am sure the Chief will have some plan for how to do it and give her no chance to escape."

He smiled thinly, "I trust her to be civil and honest with me - not necessarily forthcoming; she has a number of secrets it would be pointless to pry at - but I'm quite sure she is not lying... and I'm not entirely certain she has abandoned all hope of avoiding the worst, even if that harbours a silver lining for her."

"Hum...she might have an escape plan yes...I guess like you said torturing her secrets out of her will not work."
Patricia said and sigh then she gave you an odd look.
"How can the prisoner find a silver lining to ehm...Gilgul...what on earth could possible be good about that for her?"
She asked as if you had told her that grass was purple.

He nodded, "I'm sure Master Min would be at least sympathetic to your opinion... Good man, that."

"Mater Min is a good man, I like him, and yes I do think he would agree..."
Patricia said and smiled.

He grinned, "Best not get into a debate with miss Adelbloom about that... She's part of my group from Boston; probably going back shortly, though, so you'll likely miss her this time around."

"I see that is a shame I do not get to meet her then, but would see disagree about the number of Smiths in the Union? Or the importance of names or my dislike for diminutives?"
Patricia asked and raised an eyebrow.

He grinned viciously, "Ever hear the term 'more trouble than it's worth'? Oh, I suppose someone could use my name for magical leverage, but... I might very carefully misinterpret anything they'd order me to do. Besides, while there is power in names, I suspect there's a fair bit of power vested in keeping those names occult. If there was so much power in a name everyone knew, well, how difficult would it be to influence, say Barack Hussein Obama the second in that manner?"

"What if they do not use a spell to order you to do something but instead make you immolate or turn to stone, how will you carefully misinterpret that Mr Wainwright?"
The hedge wizard said and raised an eyebrow and looked at you as if you just had said something very stupid.
"To influence the President or some other celebrity that is harder than you might think, remember every thought is magick whatever you know it or not and so many people are thinking and wishing and cursing these people it is hard to reach though the chaos of energies and actually enforce one's will. Lizzy Bale the ice cream bar owner two blocks over though...she it is easy to influence with magick and even easier since I know her name, though often with married women they take their husband's name which complicates things. Finding her maiden name should not be to hard though."
Patricia said and shrugged.

He grinned, "It is a very interesting place. Of course, it nearly exploded this morning, if not for a powerful old Flambeau and companies Heinz and French's... If you like, I might have the time to tell you that whole story later. Though I suppose Lady Arden might be able to give you the cliff notes; she was there, too."

"The Umbra docks nearly blew up? How...why...yes I would love to hear the story."
The hedge wizard said and she sounded quite shocked.
"How can an Umbral Dock blow up? And what do food have to do with it?"

He nodded, "And that is a pity. You are not being given anywhere near enough credit for you part in keeping magic alive..."

"You are to kind Mr Wainwright..."
Patricia said and gave you a warm smile.

Tane:

You wrap the bloody body parts in a plastic bag you find on the floor while Antonio try to struggle with the Nephandi woman, it is not that easy to tie up a woman who are in complete panic and not giving one flying fuck on whatever or not she injure herself as long as she get away so all he really are able to do alone was hold her, not get her secured.

(OOC: Ooops Correspondence both. Razz)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 pm

I help the por guy hold her off so that he can sedate her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Well he is not sedating her he very gently inject her with a slightly green liquid, it only seam to make the Nephandus panic more though. Antonio sigh.
"It only lasts twenty four hours Cadence, it is like those cuffs they have on Horizon, the Etherites stole the formula from the Technocracy."
Antonio said gently before he put the serum and the syringe away and started tying the struggling Nephandus's hands together with a scarf he had found in one of the cards.
"Shh...calm yourself, please...Cadence..."
He whispered without it seaming to have much effect.
"I...do not...want to loose my magick...what do it matter if it is only for a few hours...that shit will just be used again...and again until..."
The prisoner spat and pulled at her bound hands desperately.
"Will I ever be allowed to use magick again Antonio? Will I ever cast another rote? In this lifetime or the next?"
She asked pleadingly and the Scribe looked down.
"No..."
He muttered sadly.
"I am sorry..."
The prisoner started just bawling hysterically and Antonio looks at you, still blaming you for not allowing him to let her die when he had the excuse to do so.
"Give her to me, I will get her to the car..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Tane did as requested, silently, wishing he dif the right thing
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Antonio carried the screaming woman back to the car then he sigh.
"Someone else is going to have to drive."
He said as he got into the back seat of his car and then struggled to get the seatbelt onto Cadence.
"I know...I know please stop crying...we will figure something out...please stop crying..."
He muttered trying to console her but it did not seam to help much.

Darrian came out of the building as the last man out he looked a little queasy at the grim task he had just done.
"Ok is everyone here? For if so we have to go..."
He declared.
"I will drive one of the cars...Helga my dear please drive the other...which car is the hostages in Mr Karyak?"
He asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:48 pm

"I have returned with the maps and paint to mark them. May I come inside and show them to you, so you may show Ellen?" he asked as he glanced inside the room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:48 pm

"What other choice is there?"
Colin frowned, "Right now... none. Hopefully, though, it will soon be proven that reversal is possible - that the Caul's damage can be undone..."

"How can she come to terms with something so horrible?"
"How can the prisoner find a silver lining to ehm...Gilgul...what on earth could possible be good about that for her?"
Colin frimaced, "If you had sold your soul to something unspeakable - and I'm not suggesting you should - and you saw your imminent death as a way to avoid paying the piper, I'm sure you would see the silver lining, as well... Besides, at some point, when you face your mortality, you're left with two choices: acceptance or despair. With the latter comes paralysis, inability to react, but with acceptance... there's a peace and calm that gives you an eternity to sort out everything, and an opportunity to rouse unknown reserves of willpower to pull you through after all. Accepting one's own death is incredibly liberating - it allows you to focus on more important matters in the moment, such as saving others or finding your adversary's weak spot... When your own survival is no longer a victory condition, you cannot be defeated."

"I see that is a shame I do not get to meet her then, but would see disagree about the number of Smiths in the Union? Or the importance of names or my dislike for diminutives?"
He grinned, "The latter... Suffice to say Freddy was not the name her mother gave her."

"What if they do not use a spell to order you to do something but instead make you immolate or turn to stone, how will you carefully misinterpret that Mr Wainwright?"
He shrugged, "I'm quite certain there are easier ways to immolate me than by using my name - but yes, your point is well made. Besides..." He grinned viciously, "The last person to latch onto me with harmful intent is dead, and I'm stronger for it... Such links go both ways, after all."

"To influence the President or some other celebrity that is harder than you might think, remember every thought is magick whatever you know it or not and so many people are thinking and wishing and cursing these people it is hard to reach though the chaos of energies and actually enforce one's will. Lizzy Bale the ice cream bar owner two blocks over though...she it is easy to influence with magick and even easier since I know her name, though often with married women they take their husband's name which complicates things. Finding her maiden name should not be to hard though."
"Precisely my point. The more people know a name and have a firm opinion of its bearer, the better shielded they might be by the Consensus. If your name is known only to a few, and your very person is clouded in mystery, well... then you could quite literally be anyone, capable of anything. But I digress; the policy of shadow names is one made by presumably older and wiser Magi than myself; if it works for them, I really have no reason to criticize it... it's just not for me."

"How can an Umbral Dock blow up? And what do food have to do with it?"
He grinned at her enthusiasm, "The Nephandi had a Ball of Abysmal Flame... I helped tap it, but I needed something to draw up a proper circle on the floor, and the hot dog stand was the nearest thing... It worked, but believe me, a qlippothic primal flame looks like a pus-filled sore in Reality... and that was not even in Reality, as such... The whole story does get a little more complicated, though."

((OOC:
"You as well Mr Wainwright."
And again! Razz Old Man Winkle's going to have a field day!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm

THe people are in Alessa's car, we can go in this and that's pretty much it, i'd say. He told Darrian
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Adley:

The vampire hesitated, reluctant to let anyone close.
"Will you hurt Ellen...they hurt her so much...and they did not let her sleep when they kept her..."
The memories made the creature uneasy and she whimpered nervously and clutched her ball.
"Ellen is afraid.

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Right now... none. Hopefully, though, it will soon be proven that reversal is possible - that the Caul's damage can be undone..."

"You will excuse me for not believing that to be possible before it have been proven true mr Wainwright."
Patricia said and raised an eyebrow.

Colin frimaced, "If you had sold your soul to something unspeakable - and I'm not suggesting you should - and you saw your imminent death as a way to avoid paying the piper, I'm sure you would see the silver lining, as well...

"Well I guess I would feel a bit of smug satisfaction over denying the unspeakable my soul yes, at snatching their prize from right under their noses...I do see your point about that."
The hedge wizard said after she had considered for a moment.
"Not that I would ever sell my soul."

Besides, at some point, when you face your mortality, you're left with two choices: acceptance or despair. With the latter comes paralysis, inability to react, but with acceptance... there's a peace and calm that gives you an eternity to sort out everything, and an opportunity to rouse unknown reserves of willpower to pull you through after all. Accepting one's own death is incredibly liberating - it allows you to focus on more important matters in the moment, such as saving others or finding your adversary's weak spot... When your own survival is no longer a victory condition, you cannot be defeated."

"Yeah I know...I am a war mage, but that is when your life is on the line, but Jerkins do not stand to loose her life, she stand to loose all her future lives, and her soul and her magick as well, that is a much higher price to pay...though I guess the same principle apply though."
The hedge wizard said.
"Well in either case her acceptance of her situation is impressive."

He grinned, "The latter... Suffice to say Freddy was not the name her mother gave her."

"Ah I see, well I guess we can not all agree about everything."
She said and shrugged.
"I still do not like diminutives."

He shrugged, "I'm quite certain there are easier ways to immolate me than by using my name - but yes, your point is well made. Besides..." He grinned viciously, "The last person to latch onto me with harmful intent is dead, and I'm stronger for it... Such links go both ways, after all."

"I am glad you where not harmed Mr Wainwright, and yes they do go both ways indeed, but you still have to be aware of the magick to stop it or have general protections up. Now as for what is easy or hard to do, I would say at least for someone who work with names in their magic one of the easiest ways to immolate someone is though their names though, at least if you have their true name."
Patricia protected.

"Precisely my point. The more people know a name and have a firm opinion of its bearer, the better shielded they might be by the Consensus.

"If that person reach to the point of fame of the President of a major nation or a movie star yes, if not then no, having someone know your name is always a danger if that person who know it use magick, just generally having your friends and family know your name or your buddies on social media is not enough to protect you."

If your name is known only to a few, and your very person is clouded in mystery, well... then you could quite literally be anyone, capable of anything.

"Using a Shadow name is like giving that creepy guy nagging you for your phone number a fake number, they might call, but it do not lead anywhere, yes eventually your Shadow Name will start to have some power but not to the degree of your true name, it is like that junk email address, you give all the spammers, eventually you will have some contacts there but you are still saved from all of those junk mails you would get if you used your main mail address when joining a porn site...not that I...ehm...digressing indeed."
Patricia said and scratched herself on the ear and tried to look innocent.

But I digress; the policy of shadow names is one made by presumably older and wiser Magi than myself; if it works for them, I really have no reason to criticize it... it's just not for me."

"To each their own."
Patricia said and smiled.

He grinned at her enthusiasm, "The Nephandi had a Ball of Abysmal Flame... I helped tap it, but I needed something to draw up a proper circle on the floor, and the hot dog stand was the nearest thing... It worked, but believe me, a qlippothic primal flame looks like a pus-filled sore in Reality... and that was not even in Reality, as such... The whole story does get a little more complicated, though."

"You drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame Mr Wainwright? That is quite a feat."
The hedge wizard asked her eye glittering with excitement.
"Well you can draw up sigils in everything. I had one of those kid toys that you can draw on and then shake to make the drawing go away that I used allot. I mean it is quicker to use than the ancient Roman style wax tablet my Mentor gave me...in either case who was it that tried to blow up the Umbra Dock?"
The young maga asked eager for you to tell her more.

(OOC: Yeah well Colin is everywhere today I would not be surprised if I find him under my bed. Razz And no Old Man Wrinkle is not to pleased about that. :O )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Tane:

"I do not like showing the shape changers exactly where our Chantry is...nor do I like showing a Marauder where it is...but I would not like to brutalize the young girl more than she already have been and I guess we can change drivers for the cars before we get there, we can stop at the bus pocket near the Chantry and drop your friends of, drive hope and get the hostages into the Chantry and then drive Miss Alessa's car back and give it back to her."
Darrian said and got into the drivers seat.
"Get into the car Mr Karyak, at least we should get out of here..."
The Solificato declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 pm

I can't tell about the marauder, but i don't think the shifters are a problem, but as you like. he said and got in after looking a last time, trying to see if they have forgot something. Given they forgot nothing, they went back to the chantry
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:54 pm

"I am not here to hurt Ellen. I have only brought maps for you to show her, so that she might tell us where to find that secret place that we talked about, " he gently reminded her. "Do you recall? The hidden way inside that Ellen knows to the place of the dark mages, so we can stop them."

// lol! Colin, everywhere, everywhen. This is the sort of dox you get with mixing time and space magick together...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Tane:

"I would have preferred to blindfold the Marauder but I do not want to scare her and I know the Chief will give me a earful about it."
Darrian said and scratched his beard.
"Let us at least keep the sifters out of this."
He added. You do not think you had forgotten anything.

The drive home is uneventful for you. Antonio struggle with the prisoner trying to keep her calm, something he is not successful at, other than that nothing really happens, the streets are dark and while there is always traffic in Boston it is not much. The party stop at the bus stop and Darrian tells you.
"You and explain things to the shifters and let us get home Mr Karyak."
He said and looked at Alessa's car, the Ananasi had stopped her car and looked a bit confused as to why you where stopping at a bus stop.

Adley:

"Ellen remembers...she is scared...but she remembers...ok she says you can show her the map, but she do not want to be touched...touch always bring pain...it makes her sad..."
The vampire said and looked at you with pain filled, sad eyes.
"Ellen will show you the way...if she can...she will show you...the way...so you can stop...the dark mages...but the other mages...was bad to...will they hurt others again?..Will they hurt Ellen again?"

(OOC: Yeah that would be just about how a good Time/Corr Paradox backlash would work yes...and suddenly you have Colin everywhere.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 pm

I get down the car and go over to Alessa's The other mages ar weary of letting you get directly to our chantry. Could you let them drive the car inside so they can take the hostages down? they'll return the car to you. THat was pretty obvious, but anyway he had to say it I know it's silly since you already know it's general location, but not arguing is going to save us time.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 pm

"You will excuse me for not believing that to be possible before it have been proven true mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled, "It is indeed impossible. But remember, we are Mages - the impossible is our stock in trade. But yes, your scepticism is quite reasonable, and I hope we can get the proof of such an outrageous thing soon."

"I still do not like diminutives."
"I expect it does depend a little on the diminuitive in question. Some times, the full name is more an embarassing burden than the shorter form. One of my wingmen was named Buckingham, but he would take a swing at anyone trying to get past the second syllable..."

"I am glad you where not harmed Mr Wainwright, and yes they do go both ways indeed, but you still have to be aware of the magick to stop it or have general protections up. Now as for what is easy or hard to do, I would say at least for someone who work with names in their magic one of the easiest ways to immolate someone is though their names though, at least if you have their true name."
He smiled wryly, "Well, let us hope that particular scenario doesn't actually happen... I prefer my enemies permanently dealt with, and not skulking around calling me names anyway..."

"If that person reach to the point of fame of the President of a major nation or a movie star yes, if not then no, having someone know your name is always a danger if that person who know it use magick, just generally having your friends and family know your name or your buddies on social media is not enough to protect you."
"True enough, it would take some actual fame to build that sort of protection... Still, I expect such protection alone would greatly suffice for, say, someone like our own quite famous Seat of Forces."

"Using a Shadow name is like giving that creepy guy nagging you for your phone number a fake number, they might call, but it do not lead anywhere, yes eventually your Shadow Name will start to have some power but not to the degree of your true name, it is like that junk email address, you give all the spammers, eventually you will have some contacts there but you are still saved from all of those junk mails you would get if you used your main mail address when joining a porn site...not that I...ehm...digressing indeed."
He grinned, "A little more difficult for someone who is in the yellow pages, I'm afraid... well, except for using throwaway e-mail addresses to sign up for websites of dubious reliability."

"You drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame Mr Wainwright? That is quite a feat."
He smiled a little smugly, "Not alone, and not even remotely the majority of it. I was able to help siphon off enough of the corrupted quintessence so that the Master I accompanied avoided... the worst consequences. There's a - pardon my lack of modesty - truly impressive feat; I've found a way to use quintessence in any form without absorbing it into my Avatar first."

"Well you can draw up sigils in everything. I had one of those kid toys that you can draw on and then shake to make the drawing go away that I used allot. I mean it is quicker to use than the ancient Roman style wax tablet my Mentor gave me...in either case who was it that tried to blow up the Umbra Dock?"
He scratched the side of his nose, "Well, both the Union and the Traditions are interested in keeping the docks running, and would generally want to avoid the immense damage to Boston that such a blast would cause... so process of elimination?"

((OOC: "The game is up, Abigail, I'm taking you in." "You and what army, Traditionalist?" "I'm so glad you asked." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:27 am

"Ellen remembers...she is scared...but she remembers...ok she says you can show her the map, but she do not want to be touched...touch always bring pain...it makes her sad..."

"I will not touch Ellen, just the map and the paint, so that I can mark the map so I can show others."

The vampire said and looked at you with pain filled, sad eyes.
"Ellen will show you the way...if she can...she will show you...the way...so you can stop...the dark mages...but the other mages...was bad to...will they hurt others again?..Will they hurt Ellen again?"

"You are not with those other mages, you are in a different place now. Here, let me show you the maps, so you can show Ellen."

// xD LOL - somehow I don't think anyone would be expecting that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:01 am

Adley:

"I will not touch Ellen, just the map and the paint, so that I can mark the map so I can show others."

"Ellen thinks this is...acceptable."
The vampire said bun she clutched her ball tightly and looked rather terrified.

"You are not with those other mages, you are in a different place now. Here, let me show you the maps, so you can show Ellen."

"The mages...of this place...will not hurt Ellen?"
The Nosferatu asked and looked at you with her big fearful eyes.
"Ok you can show me the map, and I...will show Ellen..."
She agreed.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "It is indeed impossible. But remember, we are Mages - the impossible is our stock in trade. But yes, your scepticism is quite reasonable, and I hope we can get the proof of such an outrageous thing soon."

"Well yes I guess it is possible, but that do not mean that anyone will be able to pull it off, it is possible to turn the moon into roses as well, but I would not believe someone's claim that they had done it before they demonstrated it...on a less vital to earth heavenly body...ehm...no offense mean off course Mr Wainwright."
Patricia said and gave you a quick smile.

"I expect it does depend a little on the diminuitive in question. Some times, the full name is more an embarassing burden than the shorter form. One of my wingmen was named Buckingham, but he would take a swing at anyone trying to get past the second syllable..."

"I think Buckingham is a lovely name, it sounds strong...but yes I guess it do depend on the name. Diminutives though especially when used on women tend to make us sound small and cute, like names used for a kitten. Margaret is strong, Maggie is a small child or a pet."
The hedge wizard muttered.

He smiled wryly, "Well, let us hope that particular scenario doesn't actually happen... I prefer my enemies permanently dealt with, and not skulking around calling me names anyway..."

Patricia grinned at that.
"Especially if they are Hermetics..."

"True enough, it would take some actual fame to build that sort of protection... Still, I expect such protection alone would greatly suffice for, say, someone like our own quite famous Seat of Forces."

"I am not sure, perhaps but then there are not that many members of the Traditions oh give or take 20 000 Awakened I would say, perhaps 100 000 hedge wizards all in all across the world, and then you have a number of custos and others serving the Traditions and other Factions that might know the bast...very honorable Primus' name, that would probably be enough to give some protection but not like a movie star who would be known and thought about by millions."

He grinned, "A little more difficult for someone who is in the yellow pages, I'm afraid... well, except for using throwaway e-mail addresses to sign up for websites of dubious reliability."

"Well I guess the yellow pages can be an issue, though that is where a shadow names comes into the picture...as for dubious websites...well...enough said about those."
The hedge wizard said and blushed.

He smiled a little smugly, "Not alone, and not even remotely the majority of it. I was able to help siphon off enough of the corrupted quintessence so that the Master I accompanied avoided... the worst consequences. There's a - pardon my lack of modesty - truly impressive feat; I've found a way to use quintessence in any form without absorbing it into my Avatar first."

"Oh my, that is indeed an impressive feat...how did you do that Mr Wainwright?"
Patricia asked and raised an eyebrow, though she was rather absorbed in the tale now, though her eyes still kept watch on the hallway, just in case someone tried to come down here to free Jodelle or there was any trouble, she was on guard duty after all.

He scratched the side of his nose, "Well, both the Union and the Traditions are interested in keeping the docks running, and would generally want to avoid the immense damage to Boston that such a blast would cause... so process of elimination?"

"Ah I see, bloody Nephandi!"
Patricia grumbled.

Tane:

I get down the car and go over to Alessa's The other mages ar weary of letting you get directly to our chantry. Could you let them drive the car inside so they can take the hostages down? they'll return the car to you. THat was pretty obvious, but anyway he had to say it

"Your friends are aware that we could find the mage nest from here right? I mean all I would need to do is look around for the place with the biggest collection of spirits that really have no place being in a urban area...oh I guess someone called them there...and go there and you will either have found a group of fera or a gaggle of mages."
Alessa said and raised and eyebrow.
"But I guess I do not mind, just do not scratch my car."
She said and got out of the car. You see the three former hostages looking at you from the back seat. Maya gave you a warm smile despite her injuries.

I know it's silly since you already know it's general location, but not arguing is going to save us time.

"Yeah, yeah hop to it...I understand they are cautious but even so, it is a bit irritating."
Alessa muttered as she helped Strawberry out of the car. Darrian rolled down his window and asked.
"Tane do you drive? Can you take the car to Steelhaven if not you have to take over for Antonio babysitting Miss Getwater or she might be able to somehow get loose, never underestimate a desperate person."

(OOC: No one expect an army of Colin Wainwrights.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:05 am

"I am not here to hurt Ellen," he repeated, feeling rather bad for the vampire. First tortured in a Labyrinth full of Nephandi and then experimented upon, there didn't seem to be much in the way of joy for her life, even as far as vampires went. She'd been severely mistreated and though he was not sure what exactly her fate was here at Morningstar or with the Mercere should that even be allowed, he didn't think that the Chief would allow her to suffer needlessly. As he was told that he could show her the map, he carefully laid them out for her, the sewers and the city, without making any fast or rash motions that might frighten her. "Please, ask Ellen to tell us where the secret way to tend the being of flesh that was used to tend it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:50 am

Yeah, you could also call Coawa and ask him, but it's maybe for the best. There's some wound-liking going on, and i think maybe it's just a matter of privacy. he said, apologetically. I don't know how to drive, i lived in a volcano all my life. he said, truthfully. I can sing to her to ease her pain. he said, grimly
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:58 am

Adley:

"I am not here to hurt Ellen," he repeated, feeling rather bad for the vampire. First tortured in a Labyrinth full of Nephandi and then experimented upon, there didn't seem to be much in the way of joy for her life, even as far as vampires went. She'd been severely mistreated and though he was not sure what exactly her fate was here at Morningstar or with the Mercere should that even be allowed, he didn't think that the Chief would allow her to suffer needlessly.

The Nosferatu looked at you and tried to nod.
"Ellen is...still afraid...but she will believe that you...will not...hurt her..."
She said though she looked terrified whimpering slightly and holding onto that little ball as if it was a lifeline.

As he was told that he could show her the map, he carefully laid them out for her, the sewers and the city, without making any fast or rash motions that might frighten her. "Please, ask Ellen to tell us where the secret way to tend the being of flesh that was used to tend it."

The vampire looked at the maps her eyes tracking the streets then she said.
"Ellen say there is a small...entrance behind...the kiosk next to...the old cinema there on 5th and 20th by the intersection, but it is well...hidden...it was made so the...servants without...powers...could get to the...fleshy thing...to tend to...it..."
The vampire had to stop after so many words then she muttered.
"The tunnel...go inside the...wall of the sewers under the...2oth...there...then into the floor...and down.."
She muttered her eyes following the map.
"Some...of the servants would cry...when they thought no...one would hear them...and they died all...the time..."
She added sadly.
"You go...down...the rest...in not on...these maps...you go let...then take the right path...then the left...and down...and then you get...to a wall that is not a wall...open it then go right...then forwards...then there is...the fleshy things that makes men scream...so many screams..."
She muttered and whimpered again.

Tane:

eah, you could also call Coawa and ask him, but it's maybe for the best. There's some wound-liking going on, and i think maybe it's just a matter of privacy.

"I could do that...I doubt he have his phone with him under the sea though...but no let him have his fun swimming circles around Paula, remember she is a sleeper shark they swim, very, very slowly..."
Alessa said and smiled.
"Who is Coawa?"
Asked Strawberry.
"I can swim, rats are good at swimming."
"Yeah not quite like our big boy though love, he is Tane's friend, a Rokea."
"Really? A Rokea is is not to cold in these waters from them? I have never seen one."

The two fera discussed then Alessa nodded.
"It is ok Tane you can borrow the car it is no problem, just have someone return it here, I will go get strawberry something to eat in the meantime, seriously for someone this small, she really eat allot."
Alessa said and Strawberry clapped her hands together enthusiastically at the prospect of food.

I don't know how to drive, i lived in a volcano all my life.

Darrian looked at you for a moment as he did not know what to say then he shrugged...
"I hardly ever left my Mentor's lab, I guess I can not judge, fine we will have Antonio drive."

I can sing to her to ease her pain. he said, grimly

"I do not think it is the wound in her side that bothers her the most now, but anything that will get us through the doors of Steelhaven where Chief Morgan can decide what to do with her works for me."
The alchemist said sounding rather tired.
"Ok people let us move please I do not like being out in the open with a prize the Fallen wants.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 am

"Ellen say there is a small...entrance behind...the kiosk next to...the old cinema there on 5th and 20th by the intersection, but it is well...hidden...it was made so the...servants without...powers...could get to the...fleshy thing...to tend to...it..."

Adley listened carefully before he too looked over the maps, trying to find the spot that the vampire was telling him about - granted, he figured by now the 'old cinema' might not even exist. But 5th and 20th did. Carefully and slowly he pointed at the spot, waiting as she gathered herself again. "Here?"

"You go...down...the rest...in not on...these maps...you go let...then take the right path...then the left...and down...and then you get...to a wall that is not a wall...open it then go right...then forwards...then there is...the fleshy things that makes men scream...so many screams..."

It wasn't a surprise that the Nephandi's custos...or whatever it was that they called them, servants he supposed, would often die, terrible as it was, but he was not sure about this other way through. Still, it was something they did not know before. "Let me see if I can recall this part. I am going to turn my phone recorder on so I don't forget, if that is alright?" He waited and then began to say, "There is a small entry behind the kiosk next to the old cinema on 5th and 20th in the form of a a well hidden tunnel. You go downwards, take a left, then right, then another left and then down again. There will be a wall that is not a wall and it can be opened. Go right and then forwards and it is there."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:45 am

Adley listened carefully before he too looked over the maps, trying to find the spot that the vampire was telling him about - granted, he figured by now the 'old cinema' might not even exist. But 5th and 20th did. Carefully and slowly he pointed at the spot, waiting as she gathered herself again. "Here?"

"Ellen says yes...it is there, but hard to...find...have to move rocks...of the ground..."
The vampire said as you pointed.
"They...did not want...anyone just...wandering in."

"Let me see if I can recall this part. I am going to turn my phone recorder on so I don't forget, if that is alright?"

"Ellen do not...know what...a phone recorder...is...but those who...hurt her...did have small...devices that got...ever smaller...and makes sound..."
The vampire said looking extremely confused.
"If it...will not hurt Ellen...it is okey..."

He waited and then began to say, "There is a small entry behind the kiosk next to the old cinema on 5th and 20th in the form of a a well hidden tunnel. You go downwards, take a left, then right, then another left and then down again. There will be a wall that is not a wall and it can be opened. Go right and then forwards and it is there."

"Yes...that is the right way...you find the hidden tunnel and go...but do not go wrong...there are traps if you go wrong...I think mages would die from those traps...as you are very powerful...but not very durable...and sometimes it is good to die...but not if one do not...want to."
The vampire confirmed as she played a little with her ball.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:51 am

"Ellen says yes...it is there, but hard to...find...have to move rocks...of the ground..." The vampire said as you pointed. "They...did not want...anyone just...wandering in.

He looked thoughtful and asked her, "Is there a special way that that the rocks must be moved? Or specific rocks?" Then he reached down to mark out the areas as best he could with the paint on the map she was using.

"Ellen do not...know what...a phone recorder...is...but those who...hurt her...did have small...devices that got...ever smaller...and makes sound..."
The vampire said looking extremely confused. "If it...will not hurt Ellen...it is okey..."

"It will not hurt her," he said. "I will take a square thing out of my pocket. I will repeat what I just said so that I remember it for later and then put it away again," he explained.

"Yes...that is the right way...you find the hidden tunnel and go...but do not go wrong...there are traps if you go wrong...I think mages would die from those traps...as you are very powerful...but not very durable...and sometimes it is good to die...but not if one do not...want to."

"The door that is not a door, is there something that must be done to make it open? A key or a word said, for example?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next