Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 5 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am

Adley:

"No, ma'am, it's probably something right in front of my nose," he admitted.

The Deaconess smiled happily at that.
"Now you are starting to understand young warrior."

"Mental ars aren't something I am very familiar with but that does make sense to me. "

"Such arts are not my speciality either, but I think there is a chance we can pull something like that off using the cats, and by that trick this Nephandus."
Duncan said

He nodded at the man's words. "Back to the fact we've got bits of his mind then...we could return it to him, as said...so what would be feasible to er...well, wait. They're already...they already think they are kittens...?"

"Naturally they think they are kittens young warrior, they are kittens now."
Mara said with a soft smile.
"What are you thinking Mr Roth Hicks?"
Duncan asked and he raised an eyebrow as the hospital came into view further down the road.
"We are almost there."
The Verbena muttered.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I almost feel a little guilty about it, but Nicolai received his warnings to stay out of Mage affairs... He doubled down on his meddling, and turned a member of an allied Chantry into a vampire. His unlife is forfeit; the only question is how his end will come... Thank Heaven for small blessings, the Chantry member was a Linear Mage and not Awakened... so things were somewhat less horrible..."

Dalisse frowned at that.
"Less horrible yes, but even for a linear mage such a transformation is...not good. As for Nicolai if the infernalist vampires are found in his care I suspect torture and a slow, painful death with be his fate, vampire society is not kind."

He nodded, "If I see him among the fallen or captured... I will light a candle for his passing. I cannot do much for him, but that much... we may be enemies, formally and philosophically, but all the same, he should not go uncared for."

The Handler nodded sadly.
"Thank you Colin, doing so will be kind."
She muttered and looked down.
"I regret what my actions will cause for some of the members of the Labyrinth."

He smiled wryly, "Oh, why would an Aswadim act directly, when there are so many Nephandi Labyrinths around that could be guided and advised to hunt down a rogue Prelate to earn his favour? I imagine there would be quite a few Nephandi more than prepared to avenge his pride and dignity on his behalf..."

"Very true the Aswadim might be able to influence other Labyrinths to move against Larson indeed."
Dalisse agreen and nodded.

He nodded, "The onboard Node link - if we can tap that to accelerate the power accumulation, much is won. You saw how it works - and as it is, I would have to piggyback on your power to assist, as I cannot yet bridge the spatial gap on my own. Plus, you are far more intimately familiar with the ship than I am, and as such, you are better suited to direct the working."

"That do make sense Colin, I will lead the working with your assistance shall we use the same system as last time for this working?"
Dalisse said.
"I am not sure that I can shield you from Larson's counterattack if she intercepts the spell though, not if you work with me."

He nodded and held up the risk/benefit notes, "Oh, I agree - that's why I am trying to make sure we compensate for any and all risks of backfires or detection we are liable to run into in the attempt... Were I more capable in several more magical disciplines, I might risk preparing multiple complex spells to go off at once, to improve our chances of successfully ending the fight before we're found out, but as it is... The best I have is to mask our Resonances and work through you from unexpected angles..."

"We need to keep our attack simple, something to complicated tends to fall apart. Very well i will use the Node link then try to cast a Wind on Mundane silence on Lady Larson in the hope that will destroy the arcane connection in the blood she is intending to use for her ritual, then we will see how we defend ourselves, and how well your interference will work."

He nodded, "I think it might be a little imprecise to say our successes were mostly due to luck. Some of them were due to deliberate meddling from the future, and some... well, some were thanks to some highly accurate intuitive leaps combined with hubris on our enemies' sides. I think our luckiest break throughout was finding Ojan dying in one of our properties after the Union shot him - I ended his suffering, sparing him perhaps a few hours of feverish agony, but he was already unconscious when we found him. If he had not been killed by the Union like that - Primium bullets are nasty with that sort of wound - we would not have picked up on the loose thread, and unraveled the whole blanket of secrecy in a matter of days."

"I see that is how you found out about Lady Larson's plans."
Dalisse said.
"I would be careful mentioning around her that you ended Prelatus Ojan's suffering though perhaps some small part of her will be grateful, she did love the man strange as it might seam...also I never meant to say all your successes where based on luck, your group are clearly competent, but luck where also involved..."

He nodded, "I will see to it, to the extent of my influence."

"Thank you...ehm it might be a silly request but Siege enjoys canned peaches, is there any chance you could get some to him before the end? It is not much but perhaps it will cheer him up a little."
The Handler asked softly.

He nodded, "Ah, Bahari are Lilith-worshipers. Hm, I don't see the etymological connection."
He smiled, "Perhaps she will bring the stone along for that last journey, to say hello as she goes. Perhaps not. It is likely centuries away, in any case..."

"Centuries matter little, it would be an honor to meet your wife as she go to find the Oracles and become a Postulant...in either case I wish her the best."

He nodded, "Poor thing, reinventing a broken spirit was an unusual challenge, but he was deeply unhappy with the false purpose Abigail had set him to... It doesn't sound like this one is going to be as thrilled with a new job offer..."

"No I doubt the guardian would want a new job, as for the rest of what you just said...I have to admit to being a little confused you reinvented a spirit?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "And that one might not require as much brute force behind it to get through her wards, either... Well, you would know that better than I do."

"No it is likely that a wind might blow something past those wards, especially if the water I use is mundane it would be nothing for them to block. A kinetic shield might still protect her though."
Dalisse said and nodded.

Nicole:

Nicole watched this impassively, though with her rifle at the ready - but not aimed directly at the Fallen. While she wasn't exactly sure why, she'd had enough experience to know that her attempts at persuasion were not often successful.

"Can you tell me if there are anyone else in the auto shop, whatever reinforcements are coming and if there are any wards, spirit guardians and the like?"
Fran asked almost softly the Nephanda whimpered again.
"I...I...no there is just us here at the moment...if the Labyrinth realize there is trouble they will be sending reinforcements. There are one spirit guarding the portal...a Umbrood Lord..."
She said then she closed her eyes she was bearly able to stay awake anymore. Fran looked at you as if to ask if there where anything else she should ask about while the Nephanda was still awake.

Serge:

"Cat food?" Serge said after some thought. "You know to feed all of the cat's within the kingdom. Other than that it would probably have your normal array of items. Toys, art supplies, and regular food."

"And pretty dresses!"
Cava announced.
"The market got to have pretty dresses right?"

"It's no problem." Serge assured her as he stood up.

He walked towards the fridge and opened it, glancing inside to look for the fruit that Rosa had mentioned.

"Thank you Cousin."
Rosa said. In her well stocked fridge you found several types of fruit in the lower drawer of the fridge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 5 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Dalisse frowned at that.
"Less horrible yes, but even for a linear mage such a transformation is...not good. As for Nicolai if the infernalist vampires are found in his care I suspect torture and a slow, painful death with be his fate, vampire society is not kind."
Colin nodded, "Most likely he will be on the receiving end of a beautiful sunrise..."

The Handler nodded sadly.
"Thank you Colin, doing so will be kind."
She muttered and looked down.
"I regret what my actions will cause for some of the members of the Labyrinth."
He nodded, "War is war, and hell is hell, and of the two, war is worse..."

"Very true the Aswadim might be able to influence other Labyrinths to move against Larson indeed."
Dalisse agreen and nodded.
He sighed, "The Jade Demon certainly acted swiftly against Abigail; I don't think he would be alone in the sentiment that what Larson is up to is wrong..."

"That do make sense Colin, I will lead the working with your assistance shall we use the same system as last time for this working?"
Dalisse said.
"I am not sure that I can shield you from Larson's counterattack if she intercepts the spell though, not if you work with me."
He nodded, "One thing first... Shielding us individually. Do you think you can replicate the scrambler for yourself, while I cast it on myself? It will give us a little more obfuscation than just scrambling the spells we use to strike with. It might be enough."
He started flicking his wand around in evasive patterns, building a stronger iteration of the ward he had already placed on himself.

"We need to keep our attack simple, something to complicated tends to fall apart. Very well i will use the Node link then try to cast a Wind on Mundane silence on Lady Larson in the hope that will destroy the arcane connection in the blood she is intending to use for her ritual, then we will see how we defend ourselves, and how well your interference will work."
He nodded, "True enough, as simple as possible - but drawing power from the Node and scrambling the spell's Resonances - that will add complexity. Still, that's not a greatly complex spell, compared to something relying on precision target-seeking and the like..."

"I see that is how you found out about Lady Larson's plans."
Dalisse said.
"I would be careful mentioning around her that you ended Prelatus Ojan's suffering though perhaps some small part of her will be grateful, she did love the man strange as it might seam...also I never meant to say all your successes where based on luck, your group are clearly competent, but luck where also involved..."
He nodded, "Oh, luck was certainly involved, as was the sudden shift in momentum to our advantage - I think Larson and Abigail were caught just a little unprepared for our interference, and as soon as things unraveled, they overreacted... Things snowballed from there. And I will admit, getting my hands on 45 drams of normally unusable Quintessence to deploy on the battlefield like I did was a remarkable stroke of luck, not one I would be likely to replicate anytime soon."

"Thank you...ehm it might be a silly request but Siege enjoys canned peaches, is there any chance you could get some to him before the end? It is not much but perhaps it will cheer him up a little."
The Handler asked softly.
He smiled thinly, "With whipped cream and a cherry on top, if so desired..."

"Centuries matter little, it would be an honor to meet your wife as she go to find the Oracles and become a Postulant...in either case I wish her the best."
He grinned, "I will pass on the sentiment. Perhaps she will seek you out."

"No I doubt the guardian would want a new job, as for the rest of what you just said...I have to admit to being a little confused you reinvented a spirit?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "In a manner of speaking... The spirit, once a magnificent personification of a blade, had had his name stolen away and destroyed by Abigail, his purpose reduced to carving up intruders... I managed to reach through his misery, and he recognized me as a metalsmith. I offered him a new name, a new purpose, and he accepted. So yes, I suppose 'reinventing' is a somewhat appropriate term. He is a chronicler now, a preserver of memory rather than a combat monster... and I think he seems a lot happier like this."

"No it is likely that a wind might blow something past those wards, especially if the water I use is mundane it would be nothing for them to block. A kinetic shield might still protect her though."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He nodded, "A kinetic shield might protect her, but then again, what is she more likely to shield herself against - quick bullets or a little mud-slinging? Seems most shields are liable to block either rather than both..."

((OOC: So, the scrambler recast on Colin. Arete rolls: 3,5,7 - 5,6,6 - 2,4,9 - 2,8,0 - 3,8,9 - 4,9,9. Aaand that should put me at a comfy ten successes total, I think, which is one more than I can use for a Rote. Razz Assuming diff 6, mind - if it was diff 5, no need for the last roll...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm

"And pretty dresses!"
Cava announced.
"The market got to have pretty dresses right?"

"Of course! Where else do you think Princess Katie got all of her pretty dresses from." Serge said with a smile.

"Then again she might have her own tailor. Or maybe the royal wizards are able to conjure dresses out of thin air." Serge said humorously with a wave of his hands in a fake mystical gesture.

"Thank you Cousin."
Rosa said. In her well stocked fridge you found several types of fruit in the lower drawer of the fridge.

He grabbed a few random bits of fruit, perhaps more than what was needed, and placed them within a bowl. Handing the bowl over to Rosa he said, "Here ya go cousin. Hope that'll work."

Looking at the younger girls he said, "You guys can have some fruit as well. Their's enough in there for everyone."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Serge:

"Of course! Where else do you think Princess Katie got all of her pretty dresses from." Serge said with a smile.

"She made them with magick, perhaps she can draw them on paper and they become real Sir but everyone else needs a market."
Cava said and grinned.

"Then again she might have her own tailor. Or maybe the royal wizards are able to conjure dresses out of thin air." Serge said humorously with a wave of his hands in a fake mystical gesture.

"I think she can do it herself Sir, Princess Katie knows allot of things."
The little girl declared.

He grabbed a few random bits of fruit, perhaps more than what was needed, and placed them within a bowl. Handing the bowl over to Rosa he said, "Here ya go cousin. Hope that'll work."

"Thank you Cousin."
Rosa said as she picked out and apple, rubbed it on her sleeve and took a bite of it.
"Would you and the girls like some fruit as well?"
She offered.

Looking at the younger girls he said, "You guys can have some fruit as well. Their's enough in there for everyone."

"Jay I like fruit Sir."
Jane exclaimed.
"Me to Sir."
Said Yu Die. Liv nodded when Jane translated and she spoke in broken English.
"Yes please."
Cava smiled.
"Are there any bananas Sir?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Most likely he will be on the receiving end of a beautiful sunrise..."

"He will but it will be far from beautiful for him and he will lay there staked for a while waiting for for to slowly grow lighter, for it to slowly start to burn him, it is not a good death, but perhaps this creature deserve it."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He nodded, "War is war, and hell is hell, and of the two, war is worse..."

"Well it depends on which hell, some of them are horrid places while other such realms are quite tolerable actually, I think the Biblical one where the worst, just endless emptiness...then again Jehovah always was a bit of a vindictive bastard..."
The Handler mushed.

He sighed, "The Jade Demon certainly acted swiftly against Abigail; I don't think he would be alone in the sentiment that what Larson is up to is wrong..."

"No he is not we have already received threats from a nearby Labyrinth who are not best pleased, Lady Larson have been planning on taking them out as her first action once she gain control of the Aswadim."
Dalisse commented.
"I am not best pleased either, to bind an Oracle, any Oracle is just plain wrong...to try to disturb the most perfect among us...no that can not be tolerated."
She said and she shook her head angrily.

He nodded, "One thing first... Shielding us individually. Do you think you can replicate the scrambler for yourself, while I cast it on myself? It will give us a little more obfuscation than just scrambling the spells we use to strike with. It might be enough."
He started flicking his wand around in evasive patterns, building a stronger iteration of the ward he had already placed on himself.

Dalisse nodded.
"I think I can do so...well if we work individually then if you will excuse me for a moment."
She said then she took a large jar from one of her shelves, when to her bed chamber and you heard some liquid pouring then she returned now with the jar filled with urine, then she went around the various shelves and threw random items into the jar before writing something on the stub of a candle and adding that to the mix, putting on the lid and shaking it well and good before putting it back on the shelf.
"Ehm...folk magick, I thought it would lend itself well to your scrambler rote."
She explained matter of factly.

You worked your scramber and you felt protected, something told you that your spell had gone really, really well this time.

He nodded, "True enough, as simple as possible - but drawing power from the Node and scrambling the spell's Resonances - that will add complexity. Still, that's not a greatly complex spell, compared to something relying on precision target-seeking and the like..."

"Hum...well if we are doing the scrambler individually perhaps it would be better to save what is in the Node for the actual trying to break through Lady Larson's wards?"
Dalisse asked.

He nodded, "Oh, luck was certainly involved, as was the sudden shift in momentum to our advantage - I think Larson and Abigail were caught just a little unprepared for our interference, and as soon as things unraveled, they overreacted... Things snowballed from there. And I will admit, getting my hands on 45 drams of normally unusable Quintessence to deploy on the battlefield like I did was a remarkable stroke of luck, not one I would be likely to replicate anytime soon."

"The Nephandi are usually not great warriors we prefer to work from the shadows, no I do not think Lady Larson or Lady Abigail where prepared for all out war, that is not where our strengths lie."
The Handler said.
"As for the Tass, no that do not sound like something that would happen to often. Finding Prelatus Ojan in your Node though, perhaps fate intervened to give your group a chance to stop Lady Larson's plans."

He smiled thinly, "With whipped cream and a cherry on top, if so desired..."

"Thank you...like I said it is a small thing, but sometimes a small kindness can make a horrible situation just a little easier to bear."
Dalisse said said and nodded.

He grinned, "I will pass on the sentiment. Perhaps she will seek you out."

"You do that...thank you."
The Handler said and smiled.

He nodded, "In a manner of speaking... The spirit, once a magnificent personification of a blade, had had his name stolen away and destroyed by Abigail, his purpose reduced to carving up intruders... I managed to reach through his misery, and he recognized me as a metalsmith. I offered him a new name, a new purpose, and he accepted. So yes, I suppose 'reinventing' is a somewhat appropriate term. He is a chronicler now, a preserver of memory rather than a combat monster... and I think he seems a lot happier like this."

Dalisse's eyes went wide and you felt the ship shift with her surprise.
"Lady Abigail stole a Umbrood's name and purpose...a pox on that woman that is horrible!"
She exclaimed angrily.
"You did a good thing Colin, a very good thing. I hope that spirit can find some happiness now."

He nodded, "A kinetic shield might protect her, but then again, what is she more likely to shield herself against - quick bullets or a little mud-slinging? Seems most shields are liable to block either rather than both..."

"Well it is more that most kinetic shields are based on the velocity, the force used and have a cut of point as to what it blocks, if it did not it would be hard to move around, and even scratching your own nose would be a problem, so yes flinging sand water against her might just do the trick."
Dalisse said and she gave a wry smile.

(OOC: I am so stuck in 2 ed land where there where no cut of for how many successes could be used meaning mages got really, really OP, you could just sit there gathering up successes until you either spectacularly botched or well you had as many as you wanted that made even a Disciple of Forces someone to be reckoned with give them enough time and they could really make thing go boom. House Flambeau misses second edition. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Anja's Post:

'What about the Labyrinth?' Nicole asked, wondering what an "Umbrood Lord" was. Something to ask a mystic type later.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm

"W...what would you like to know...about the Labyrinth?"
The Nephanda said weakly, there where terror in her eyes, both for what might happen if she was captured by the Traditionalists but also what betraying the Labyrinth might do to her, but the fear of Gilgul won out.
"Please I will tell you whatever you want d...don't take me alive please..."
She sobbed and she cried out in pain again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Anja's Post:

'Numbers and strength of Fallen. Other guards. Defences.' Nicole replied.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:01 pm

"She made them with magick, perhaps she can draw them on paper and they become real Sir but everyone else needs a market."
Cava said and grinned.

"That sounds like something I should be able to do." Serge said looking longingly at his sketchbook.

"Wish I could conjure things into existence just by drawing them." he then muttered to himself.

"Jay I like fruit Sir."
Jane exclaimed.
"Me to Sir."
Said Yu Die. Liv nodded when Jane translated and she spoke in broken English.
"Yes please."
Cava smiled.
"Are there any bananas Sir?"

"Not sure, I sort of grabbed whatever was in arm's reach. If it isn't in the bowl then their might still be some in the fridge." Serge said trying to remember what fruits he had seen in the fridge.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Nicole:

'Numbers and strength of Fallen. Other guards. Defences.' Nicole replied.

"We have...lost many but also gotten reinforcements, we have twenty eight Awakened members..."
The Nephanda said then she looked at her dead friends.
"Twenty five...twenty four I guess when I am gone. We also have...several spirits...and seven diabolist vampires....yes they exist, and...two werecreatures who also exist...and our pawns....we have wards and traps strewn over the Labyrinth..."
The wounded woman muttered and closed her eyes and hissed in pain.
"T....talking is difficult."
She muttered softly.

Serge:

"That sounds like something I should be able to do." Serge said looking longingly at his sketchbook.

"Wish I could conjure things into existence just by drawing them." he then muttered to himself.

"Perhaps you can learn to do that Sir."
Cava said and smiled.
"We learn new things all the time after all."

"Not sure, I sort of grabbed whatever was in arm's reach. If it isn't in the bowl then their might still be some in the fridge." Serge said trying to remember what fruits he had seen in the fridge.

There where bananas, and apples, oranges peaches and kiwis in the fridge. Cava glanced in the bowl.
"I see bananas there Sir may I have one please?"
The little girl asked politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm

"Perhaps you can learn to do that Sir."
Cava said and smiled.
"We learn new things all the time after all."

"Yeah but I don't really know the first thing when it comes to conjuring stuff. I doubt it'll be easy. Plus I'm not sure who'd teach me stuff like that. Don't think my Mentor focuses on stuff like that." Serge said with a smile.

"What kind of magick do you want to learn Cava?" Serge asked.

There where bananas, and apples, oranges peaches and kiwis in the fridge. Cava glanced in the bowl.
"I see bananas there Sir may I have one please?"
The little girl asked politely.

"Sure thing." Serge said passing the yellow fruit to the young girl.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 pm

The Deaconess smiled happily at that. "Now you are starting to understand young warrior."

"I understand that I miss things, something too close can be a blind spot...and I know that I don't know."

"Naturally they think they are kittens young warrior, they are kittens now." Mara said with a soft smile. "What are you thinking Mr Roth Hicks?"

"Well, when you're being your form you think as that form, correct?" he said to the Verbena. "What if we could get him to think he was a kitten, since part of his mind are kittens? Or, perhaps easier as we do not need to take him alive, is to cause them harm and thereby cause him harm. Please tell me I'm on the right track..." he said, noting the hospital and getting into the exit lane. He could ferment a lot of ideas, but not all of them were good ones, or the right ones. He needed to talk them out, refine them into something they could actually use and do. Maybe someone else would also have an idea, a better one...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole closed her eyes for a moment, a look of discomfort on her face. Wishing she'd brought her shotgun and flare rounds. 'Details on the traps?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Adley:

"I understand that I miss things, something too close can be a blind spot...and I know that I don't know."

"It seams you know much then young warrior, or perhaps you know little or both."
The Deaconess said with a slight smile.

"Well, when you're being your form you think as that form, correct?" he said to the Verbena.

"This is true, I am both an owl and an man."
The Verbena confirmed and nodded.
"And when I am an owl I am fully and owl."

"What if we could get him to think he was a kitten, since part of his mind are kittens? Or, perhaps easier as we do not need to take him alive, is to cause them harm and thereby cause him harm. Please tell me I'm on the right track..." he said, noting the hospital and getting into the exit lane.

"Doing the kittens harm will harm the man they sprung from, but it will not take his life, still it might give an opening."
Mara said, clearly for once.
"And yet harming now innocent creatures is that what you wish to do young warrior? You are correct though part of the fallen healer is now kittens, this can be used to...confuse him, make him see another reality than the one he believe for himself."
Duncan nodded.
"We will need someone skilled with manipulating minds for that."
He commented as you got to the exit line and took off towards the hospital's parking lot.

Serge:

"Yeah but I don't really know the first thing when it comes to conjuring stuff. I doubt it'll be easy. Plus I'm not sure who'd teach me stuff like that. Don't think my Mentor focuses on stuff like that." Serge said with a smile.

"It is probably not easy but my teachers say that nothing worthwhile is easy so I am sure you can learn Sir."
Cava said encouragingly.
"And perhaps you can find another teacher to show you how to do things like that."
She suggested.

"What kind of magick do you want to learn Cava?" Serge asked.

"I want to be able to change form into an animal Sir."
The little mage girl said and grinned.

"Sure thing." Serge said passing the yellow fruit to the young girl.

"Thank you Sir."
Cava said as she begun to peel the fruit and she had just taken a bite of it when there where another knock on the door. Rosa begun to struggle to her feet again.
"I better get that."
She muttered.

Nicole:

Nicole closed her eyes for a moment, a look of discomfort on her face. Wishing she'd brought her shotgun and flare rounds. 'Details on the traps?'

"I do...not have allot...of details on them...they are made by a Hagalaz woman...they are quite deadly and based in rune magick..."
The Nephanda whispered and she groaned in pain again.
"I...just do not know...how they work..."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 pm

'But you know what they look like, yes?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:28 pm

"It is probably not easy but my teachers say that nothing worthwhile is easy so I am sure you can learn Sir."
Cava said encouragingly.
"And perhaps you can find another teacher to show you how to do things like that."
She suggested.

"I'll look into it. I'm still new so I don't know everyone at this chantry. Also it might be a while before anyone is willing to teach me anything. Plus I don't think I'd be able to repay them even if they did." Serge said sheepishly.

"I want to be able to change form into an animal Sir."
The little mage girl said and grinned.

"Now that's a popular choice!" Serge said with a smile. "Any animal form in particular or do you want to be able to transform into all of them?"

"Thank you Sir."
Cava said as she begun to peel the fruit and she had just taken a bite of it when there where another knock on the door. Rosa begun to struggle to her feet again.
"I better get that."
She muttered.

"You sure? Your struggling to get on your feet. I can get it for you if you want." Serge offered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 pm

"It seams you know much then young warrior, or perhaps you know little or both." The Deaconess said with a slight smile.

"My ignorance is too costly to others..."

"Doing the kittens harm will harm the man they sprung from, but it will not take his life, still it might give an opening." Mara said, clearly for once. "And yet harming now innocent creatures is that what you wish to do young warrior? You are correct though part of the fallen healer is now kittens, this can be used to...confuse him, make him see another reality than the one he believe for himself."

"They are still spirits, malevolent ones...their true nature is still..." He blinked and looked at Mara, brows drawn together. "Did you...is it possible to transform their Name, their actual selves? For I thought they were given a temporary form and mental state...? I would rather not have to be more severe than need be, but if we must to spare everyone else and our team, then yes. However, I would prefer if we could find a different way. I know that most of them were banished or destroyed, so when they were banished the part of his mind that is with them went back to him, correct?"

"We will need someone skilled with manipulating minds for that." He commented as you got to the exit line and took off towards the hospital's parking lot.

"Yeah. Which one of us is able to do that though? I wish that kid were here, but...it's so dangerous I don't think they wanted to bring him so we'll need to find someone else or a new idea entirely....or..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Adley:

"My ignorance is too costly to others..."

"Ignorance often are."
Mara said as she regarded you.

"They are still spirits, malevolent ones...their true nature is still..." He blinked and looked at Mara, brows drawn together. "Did you...is it possible to transform their Name, their actual selves? For I thought they were given a temporary form and mental state...? I would rather not have to be more severe than need be, but if we must to spare everyone else and our team, then yes. However, I would prefer if we could find a different way. I know that most of them were banished or destroyed, so when they were banished the part of his mind that is with them went back to him, correct?"

"You should know better by now young warrior, everything is possible."
The Deaconess said ans she smiled.
"No their current form is not temporary, their name and their dream have changed, they are spirits yes, but they are now cat spirits."
Mara said and she petted the little oil kittens fondly.
"Yes when banished these spirits would go back to their progenitor and become part of him again...as for hurting them I do not like it but nature are at times cruel."
The fay maga muttered and sigh.

"Yeah. Which one of us is able to do that though? I wish that kid were here, but...it's so dangerous I don't think they wanted to bring him so we'll need to find someone else or a new idea entirely....or..."

"Perhaps it is more dangerous for the young artist to remain hidden behind his own doubt."
Mara said.
"He like me live in two worlds but he needs encouragement to be more than he is."
The old Hermetic woman said.

Serge:

"I'll look into it. I'm still new so I don't know everyone at this chantry. Also it might be a while before anyone is willing to teach me anything. Plus I don't think I'd be able to repay them even if they did." Serge said sheepishly.

"Perhaps they want something you have to teach Sir."
Cava said.
"And I am sure you will make many friends soon."

"Now that's a popular choice!" Serge said with a smile. "Any animal form in particular or do you want to be able to transform into all of them?"

"I want to be able to change into a cat with wings."
Cava said and grinned.
"That would be cool don't you think Sir?"

"You sure? Your struggling to get on your feet. I can get it for you if you want." Serge offered.

Rosa sigh at that then she sat back down.
"Ok...I guess I will follow Dr Lee's advice and sit still for a while but you are going to have to let me cook you dinner or something when all of this is done Cousin to repay you."
She said and she sounded apologetic about letting you do all the work.

Nicole:

'But you know what they look like, yes?'

"They look like rune inscriptions...on walls or...a nearby chair or...hidden under a rug...that is all that you might be able to see of them...unless you activate one...and you would not want...to do that."
The Nephanda muttered weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:34 pm

"You should know better by now young warrior, everything is possible." The Deaconess said ans she smiled. "No their current form is not temporary, their name and their dream have changed, they are spirits yes, but they are now cat spirits." Mara said and she petted the little oil kittens fondly.

Though facing the road, his expression was gobsmacked. "Wow....that...is quite amazing." It wasn't that he didn't know she was a Master level mage, but that was still something and he looked a bit shocked at the prospect. "I would very much like to know how that feat may be accomplished, perhaps when this is over you may afford me some conversation, ma'am. Well, in that case they are now cat spirits, that changes my conception of them...it seems sensible to try to use the fact there are kittens' minds linked to him. Kittens, at least regular ones, cannot do magick and that could aid us tremendously in capturing him or taking him out. Question though...we know where he is due to the girl. Will it harm her or are they discrete entities? Will he try to flee into her somehow?"

"Perhaps it is more dangerous for the young artist to remain hidden behind his own doubt." Mara said. "He like me live in two worlds but he needs encouragement to be more than he is."

"True. Well, there was a decision made and he's not here. So what can we do about it now? We're already here...it would cost a lot to have him moved here, so if there's someone else that can help us accomplish what we want to do then we might have to go with that. Or I suppose we could open a portal for him to work..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:35 pm

"Perhaps they want something you have to teach Sir."
Cava said.
"And I am sure you will make many friends soon."

"Me? I don't really have much to teach anyone. And I'm not a very good teacher. I doubt they'd want to learn from me." Serge said with a nervous smile.

"But I've made my fair share of friends. Although their's so many interesting people at this chantry. I don't think I've even explored it all."

"I want to be able to change into a cat with wings."
Cava said and grinned.
"That would be cool don't you think Sir?"

"Now that would be cool. A cat soaring through the skies with it's long white feathery wings." Serge said glancing down at his sketchbook with a pencil in hand. He began to draw what he imagined Cava's winged cat to look like.

"Unless you want a different look for your wings? Perhaps rainbow colored would be more to your liking?" he asked as he drew.

Rosa sigh at that then she sat back down.
"Ok...I guess I will follow Dr Lee's advice and sit still for a while but you are going to have to let me cook you dinner or something when all of this is done Cousin to repay you."
She said and she sounded apologetic about letting you do all the work.

"Sure thing. More food never hurts." Serge said with a chuckled as he got up and went to the door.

He opened the door slowly to see who was on the other side, wondering who it was this time.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Anja's Post:

Another short silence as Nicole considered this. 'How small can they be? Do you know of any way to avoid or set them off safely?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:09 am

"He will but it will be far from beautiful for him and he will lay there staked for a while waiting for for to slowly grow lighter, for it to slowly start to burn him, it is not a good death, but perhaps this creature deserve it."
Dalisse said and nodded.

Colin nodded, "The Node that has formed on the Prince's favourite rooftop is a horrid thing of fear and torment... Nicolai, though, may well have deserved it - he is a Tremere, and is actively trying to get Mages into his little family. Where he is concerned, I agree with the order of Hermes' stance."

"Well it depends on which hell, some of them are horrid places while other such realms are quite tolerable actually, I think the Biblical one where the worst, just endless emptiness...then again Jehovah always was a bit of a vindictive bastard..."
The Handler mushed.

He smiled wryly, "It's a quite from a TV show from when I was a kid... The reasoning was simple; Hell is full of sinners, everyone deserving to be there to some extent. War is full of innocent bystanders, none of whom deserve to be there... Ergo, war is worse. Far, far worse..."

"No he is not we have already received threats from a nearby Labyrinth who are not best pleased, Lady Larson have been planning on taking them out as her first action once she gain control of the Aswadim."
Dalisse commented.
"I am not best pleased either, to bind an Oracle, any Oracle is just plain wrong...to try to disturb the most perfect among us...no that can not be tolerated."
She said and she shook her head angrily.
He nodded, "Enemy or not, it's an impious, irreverent and reckless plan, and it can never be deemed permissible."

Dalisse nodded.
"I think I can do so...well if we work individually then if you will excuse me for a moment."
She said then she took a large jar from one of her shelves, when to her bed chamber and you heard some liquid pouring then she returned now with the jar filled with urine, then she went around the various shelves and threw random items into the jar before writing something on the stub of a candle and adding that to the mix, putting on the lid and shaking it well and good before putting it back on the shelf.
"Ehm...folk magick, I thought it would lend itself well to your scrambler rote."
She explained matter of factly.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, as was stated earlier - whatever works. I'd love to see the face on the Linear Hermetic presented with that particular list of material components..."

You worked your scramber and you felt protected, something told you that your spell had gone really, really well this time.
He took a deep breath and nodded to himself.

"Hum...well if we are doing the scrambler individually perhaps it would be better to save what is in the Node for the actual trying to break through Lady Larson's wards?"
Dalisse asked.
He nodded, "The scrambler, even applied as a shell around a spell, does not require much raw power to befuddle the observer... Might be better to weave in as a separate spell, if we can pull that off."

"The Nephandi are usually not great warriors we prefer to work from the shadows, no I do not think Lady Larson or Lady Abigail where prepared for all out war, that is not where our strengths lie."
The Handler said.
"As for the Tass, no that do not sound like something that would happen to often. Finding Prelatus Ojan in your Node though, perhaps fate intervened to give your group a chance to stop Lady Larson's plans."
He nodded, "The world wants to keep existing; it is quite plausible that there was some invisible hand guiding events from Ojan was shot by the Technocrats to the point where we found him dying..."

"Thank you...like I said it is a small thing, but sometimes a small kindness can make a horrible situation just a little easier to bear."
Dalisse said said and nodded.
He smiled thinly, "I know... and a little kindness also helps lower the recipient's guard, if I were to interrogate him."

"You do that...thank you."
The Handler said and smiled.
He nodded, "There's an ever-growing list of candles needing to be lit, it seems... some for people who died a thousand years ago, even. All the same, some recognition of their passing should be made - foe or friend, everyone should have someone to bid them farewell on the last journey."

Dalisse's eyes went wide and you felt the ship shift with her surprise.
"Lady Abigail stole a Umbrood's name and purpose...a pox on that woman that is horrible!"
She exclaimed angrily.
"You did a good thing Colin, a very good thing. I hope that spirit can find some happiness now."
He smiled, "I think he has already - the first thing he got started on was writing down the story of the artificer who was his friend before Abigail got her claws in them... I think he'll do well."

"Well it is more that most kinetic shields are based on the velocity, the force used and have a cut of point as to what it blocks, if it did not it would be hard to move around, and even scratching your own nose would be a problem, so yes flinging sand water against her might just do the trick."
Dalisse said and she gave a wry smile.
He nodded, "Right, then... Well, I believe we have a plan of action, then - a Node-fueled gust of wind followed by a little mud-slinging, and then we see if we can get rid of the Tass stores? Everything with resonance scrambling woven into it?"

((OOC: Well, dang... I was so sure 2nd Ed had the "Arete times two for improvised spells, Arete squared for Rotes" cap... and of course, no actual cap for Rituals... Well, then, without that limitation... eh, it's a good yardstick for how much oomph can be built in the short term... Unless you run with a different cap for successes, I'll stick with it.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The Node that has formed on the Prince's favourite rooftop is a horrid thing of fear and torment... Nicolai, though, may well have deserved it - he is a Tremere, and is actively trying to get Mages into his little family. Where he is concerned, I agree with the order of Hermes' stance."

"I do not claim that the vampire do not deserve what will happen to him, but I can still pity him for what will surely be a horrible end."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "It's a quite from a TV show from when I was a kid... The reasoning was simple; Hell is full of sinners, everyone deserving to be there to some extent. War is full of innocent bystanders, none of whom deserve to be there... Ergo, war is worse. Far, far worse..."

"Hells are seldom full of those who deserve to be there, often it is those who think they deserve to or who have insulted some God or great spirit in some way."
The Handler said and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Enemy or not, it's an impious, irreverent and reckless plan, and it can never be deemed permissible."

She just nodded at that and frowned.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, as was stated earlier - whatever works. I'd love to see the face on the Linear Hermetic presented with that particular list of material components..."

"Bodily fluids are wonderful tools for magick."
Was all that the Handler had to say about it.

He nodded, "The scrambler, even applied as a shell around a spell, does not require much raw power to befuddle the observer... Might be better to weave in as a separate spell, if we can pull that off."

"I think we should be able to do that and it might be better to do it that way so we avoid to many complications for the main working."

He nodded, "The world wants to keep existing; it is quite plausible that there was some invisible hand guiding events from Ojan was shot by the Technocrats to the point where we found him dying..."

"I would consider that to be a likely possibility, we are not bound by fate Colin, but it do exist."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "I know... and a little kindness also helps lower the recipient's guard, if I were to interrogate him."

"Yes I would imagine so, if I where someone's captive I would be more likely to cooperate if treated well. Mostly though I just want Siege to have a nice meal that he will enjoy before...well you know."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "There's an ever-growing list of candles needing to be lit, it seems... some for people who died a thousand years ago, even. All the same, some recognition of their passing should be made - foe or friend, everyone should have someone to bid them farewell on the last journey."

"That is a nice sentiment Colin."
She said and smiled.

He smiled, "I think he has already - the first thing he got started on was writing down the story of the artificer who was his friend before Abigail got her claws in them... I think he'll do well."

"That is nice. I wish him all the best then."
The Handler said and she smiled a little again.

He nodded, "Right, then... Well, I believe we have a plan of action, then - a Node-fueled gust of wind followed by a little mud-slinging, and then we see if we can get rid of the Tass stores? Everything with resonance scrambling woven into it?"

"Sounds good, if you set up the table for another ritual I will get the water for the mud and we should be ready to go."
Dalisse said and she went over to another table that held a old porcelain pitcher and she brought it over to the sitting group table.

(OOC: I might have understood things wrong, I know the cap is in Revised but I do not think there is a cap for extended rolls in 2 edition and extended rolls are usually some form of ritual after all the extended part represents that someone if working the spell over some time taking the time to work on it.)

Nicole:

Another short silence as Nicole considered this. 'How small can they be? Do you know of any way to avoid or set them off safely?'

"Most of the Hagalaz woman's traps are area based so you can avid them by not stepping into them, other than that...counter magick or some way...to dispel them are your...best bet."
The Nephanda said weakly.

Serge:

"Me? I don't really have much to teach anyone. And I'm not a very good teacher. I doubt they'd want to learn from me." Serge said with a nervous smile.

"But I've made my fair share of friends. Although their's so many interesting people at this chantry. I don't think I've even explored it all."

"But you can draw Sir just as good as the drawings I see in actual books that are sold in stores, and you can affect minds with magick, that are useful skills, I am sure you could teach them."
Cava said then she smiled.
"I am told I will be given to someone here as his apprentice, I was bought as a gift for him. I hope my new Mentor is nice and that I will make many friends here at Steelhaven Sir."
The little girl said and she looked a little nervous.

"Now that would be cool. A cat soaring through the skies with it's long white feathery wings." Serge said glancing down at his sketchbook with a pencil in hand. He began to draw what he imagined Cava's winged cat to look like.

"Unless you want a different look for your wings? Perhaps rainbow colored would be more to your liking?" he asked as he drew.

Cava considered that for a moment then she dug into her backpack and she brought out a pink, pearlized, iridescent lunch box.
"I would like the wings to be this color Sir."
She said as she held the box up proudly.
"That is a cool lunchbox Cava."
Jane said and Cava nodded.
"Yeah, one of my teachers gave it to me."
She said proudly.

"Sure thing. More food never hurts." Serge said with a chuckled as he got up and went to the door.

"Good, that is a deal then...do you like spaghetti and meat sauce?"
Rosa asked.

He opened the door slowly to see who was on the other side, wondering who it was this time.

You saw the young Solificato you think was named Arn, you had seen him during the fight stand outside.
"Ehm hi...Arn Woodhouse Hermes bani Solificati."
He said with a crisp bow.
"I am sorry to disturb but I have been given the task of going over the evacuation plans for our non combatants if the worst should happen."
He said.
"Do you have a moment?"

Adley:

Though facing the road, his expression was gobsmacked. "Wow....that...is quite amazing." It wasn't that he didn't know she was a Master level mage, but that was still something and he looked a bit shocked at the prospect. "I would very much like to know how that feat may be accomplished, perhaps when this is over you may afford me some conversation, ma'am.

"Off course young warrior my door is always open to members of the Chantry, come by when you feel like it and I will put on a kettle of tea, I am afraid I do not have any of the dreadful black stuff your father drinks."
The Deaconess said and you saw that she was beginning to look a little pale, being in a car, while it was mostly aluminum, there where plenty of iron and steel in it and being so close to it was not good for her health.

Well, in that case they are now cat spirits, that changes my conception of them...it seems sensible to try to use the fact there are kittens' minds linked to him. Kittens, at least regular ones, cannot do magick

The Deaconess gave you an even look.
"You young man have never had a feline companion have you?"
Was her reply when you said that cats don't do magick.
"However they generally do not try to destroy the world, the living room yes, but not the world."
She said and smiled.

and that could aid us tremendously in capturing him or taking him out. Question though...we know where he is due to the girl. Will it harm her or are they discrete entities? Will he try to flee into her somehow?"

"Indeed if we make the fallen healer think he is a cat, he will be busy washing his own behind with his tounge rather than trying to attack us, which will suit me marvelously."
Mara said.
"No the girl is her own entity, she might feel it when the fallen healer dies as they are linked but it should not harm her. I do not think it will be easy for him to escape into her...but that I can not say for sure."
She said and frowned.
"Cats however do not jump bodies...they jump for yummy birds."

"True. Well, there was a decision made and he's not here. So what can we do about it now? We're already here...it would cost a lot to have him moved here, so if there's someone else that can help us accomplish what we want to do then we might have to go with that. Or I suppose we could open a portal for him to work...""True. Well, there was a decision made and he's not here. So what can we do about it now? We're already here...it would cost a lot to have him moved here, so if there's someone else that can help us accomplish what we want to do then we might have to go with that. Or I suppose we could open a portal for him to work..."

"If baby is not here perhaps mama is."
Mara said and she smiled.
"What we are looking for we might just find."
She added. Duncan gave you a confused look in the mirror.
"Ehm...yes...ehm perhaps we should take this up with your Mentor Mr Roth Hicks, for now perhaps we should find a parking lot and get Master O'Connor out of the car?"
He said and he gave the large mage woman a worried look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am

"I do not claim that the vampire do not deserve what will happen to him, but I can still pity him for what will surely be a horrible end."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "True, he does earn some pity for such a fate..."

"Hells are seldom full of those who deserve to be there, often it is those who think they deserve to or who have insulted some God or great spirit in some way."
The Handler said and she raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "The quote was by a comedian, not a theologian, and it pertained to the war in which the show was set, and the war that was going on at the same time as the show originally ran..."

"Bodily fluids are wonderful tools for magick."
Was all that the Handler had to say about it.
He nodded, "So they are. Everyone's got them, after all."

"I would consider that to be a likely possibility, we are not bound by fate Colin, but it do exist."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He nodded, "We are bound together by fate, perhaps - but we create our fates, as well. Things I face now are the direct consequences of my previous incarnation... and until those things are resolved in full, one way or another, I expect they'll always come around again at some point..."

"Yes I would imagine so, if I where someone's captive I would be more likely to cooperate if treated well. Mostly though I just want Siege to have a nice meal that he will enjoy before...well you know."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "I know... I will make sure of it. It might also help that I am the one holding his soul in custody - and I gave my word to protect it until the end, and to treat it well."

"That is a nice sentiment Colin."
She said and smiled.
He smiled thinly, "Yes, and perhaps an important one... Perhaps saying farewell to a soul as it makes its way to its next incarnation, not as a foe, but as a person wishing another a safe journey, might help that soul find a better life in the next incarnation... bonded with an Avatar or not..."

"That is nice. I wish him all the best then."
The Handler said and she smiled a little again.
He nodded, "Perhaps... I can ask him to deliver a message to you at some point. He might be able to find you by chronicling your journeys by request."

"Sounds good, if you set up the table for another ritual I will get the water for the mud and we should be ready to go."
Dalisse said and she went over to another table that held a old porcelain pitcher and she brought it over to the sitting group table.
He nodded, tearing out two pages from the notebook and quickly drawing a circle on each, setting them down next to the chalk circle drawn on the table itself - not intersecting, but close enough to reach, then drew another chalk circle on the table itself, making the best use of the space without accidentally creating a Venn diagram.

((OOC: No, the 2nd Ed text, it seems, suggests that you MIGHT want to consider limiting the number of successes on extended quick work rolls to something like Arete times Willpower. Rituals are essentially uncapped, but as described take a LOT longer and are a LOT more elaborate. Basically, the difference between a few frantic seconds per roll, and half an hour of chanting and meticulous, continuous error-correcting.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Colin nodded, "True, he does earn some pity for such a fate..."

Dalisse sigh and she nodded gravely at that.
"Well what needs to be done needs to be done."
She commented.

He shrugged, "The quote was by a comedian, not a theologian, and it pertained to the war in which the show was set, and the war that was going on at the same time as the show originally ran..."

"Ehm...I see."
Dalisse said clearly not understanding.

He nodded, "So they are. Everyone's got them, after all."

"Well if one is human at least, and quite a few others as well."

He nodded, "We are bound together by fate, perhaps - but we create our fates, as well. Things I face now are the direct consequences of my previous incarnation... and until those things are resolved in full, one way or another, I expect they'll always come around again at some point..."

"You are probably right Colin, perhaps that is part of the learning process that we need, that our unresolved issues comes back to haunt us, but yes perhaps fate played a hand in your group finding out about what Lady Larson is up to but what you then do with that chance event is up to you."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "I know... I will make sure of it. It might also help that I am the one holding his soul in custody - and I gave my word to protect it until the end, and to treat it well."

"I think he will appreciate that you are not mistreating his soul at least, and thank you for agreeing to my request."
The Handler said and she smiled a little.

He smiled thinly, "Yes, and perhaps an important one... Perhaps saying farewell to a soul as it makes its way to its next incarnation, not as a foe, but as a person wishing another a safe journey, might help that soul find a better life in the next incarnation... bonded with an Avatar or not..."

"I do not know if it works like that Colin but it would be really nice if it did."
Dalisse said and smiled sadly.
"It is worth trying at least."

He nodded, "Perhaps... I can ask him to deliver a message to you at some point. He might be able to find you by chronicling your journeys by request."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"It might work indeed and I will welcome him if he do find me in the Deep."
She agreed.

He nodded, tearing out two pages from the notebook and quickly drawing a circle on each, setting them down next to the chalk circle drawn on the table itself - not intersecting, but close enough to reach, then drew another chalk circle on the table itself, making the best use of the space without accidentally creating a Venn diagram.

Dalisse returned she set the water pitcher down next to the table and filled a glass with it.
"If you could add a pinch of the sand to this then Colin."
She said and she handed you the glass as she looked over the prepared table.
"I can work with this."
She said and nodded approvingly.
"Shall we start then as soon as the sand and water is mixed?"

(OOC: Yeah you are right I found the section where it is mentioned I have the 2 ed book here. I think we go with the M20 version for this game though if no one minds to get things a bit more under control, since without that cap things can get pretty insane pretty fast, mages might be glass cannons but those cannons can shoot pretty big balls.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm

"But you can draw Sir just as good as the drawings I see in actual books that are sold in stores, and you can affect minds with magick, that are useful skills, I am sure you could teach them."
Cava said then she smiled.
"I am told I will be given to someone here as his apprentice, I was bought as a gift for him. I hope my new Mentor is nice and that I will make many friends here at Steelhaven Sir."
The little girl said and she looked a little nervous.

"You've already made plenty of friends already. Me, Jane, Liv, Yu Die, and Rosa. And you'll make a ton more as time goes on." Serge said with a smile.

"I'm sure you'll fit right in. Did they tell you your Mentor's name?" he asked curiously.

Cava considered that for a moment then she dug into her backpack and she brought out a pink, pearlized, iridescent lunch box.
"I would like the wings to be this color Sir."
She said as she held the box up proudly.
"That is a cool lunchbox Cava."
Jane said and Cava nodded.
"Yeah, one of my teachers gave it to me."
She said proudly.

"That shade of pink it it then." Serge announced as he searched through Jane's art supplies, trying to find a pink pencil crayon that somewhat matched the color on the lunch box. Once he did he carefully colored in the wings of his winged-cat, shading it just right so it matched the lunchbox.

"Good, that is a deal then...do you like spaghetti and meat sauce?"
Rosa asked.

"Of course! Who doesn't?" Serge laughed, agreeing to Rosa's plans.

You saw the young Solificato you think was named Arn, you had seen him during the fight stand outside.
"Ehm hi...Arn Woodhouse Hermes bani Solificati."
He said with a crisp bow.
"I am sorry to disturb but I have been given the task of going over the evacuation plans for our non combatants if the worst should happen."
He said.
"Do you have a moment?"

Serge remembered the young alchemist and even still held onto the potion that he had given him earlier. He gave him a curious look before saying, "Yeah we're not doing much. Just taking care of some children and doing some drawing."

(OOC: I have no problem with a cap. Like you said even beginner mages can get pretty crazy if they were allowed to get 10+ successes on arete rolls)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next