Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 4 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Anja's Post:

Once out of public view, Nicole's demeanour changed; assuming a combat poise, the old bashed-up rifle in her hands, ready to use. On Fran's question, a thoughtful look crossed the large woman's face. 'If you've got something which can get rid of this desire to hurl or my bruised back, that'll be nice.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 4 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 pm

"That sounds really cool."
Yu Die said now enthusiastic.
"I have quite a bit to go before I get that good though, but it would be a nice goal to work towards don't you think Sir?"

"It would be. Having a goal to work towards is important isn't it?" Serge agreed.

"Wish I had a goal. So far it's just been get better and don't mess up." Serge said with a sigh.

"Oh I feel like I got on the wrong side of a steamroller."
Rosa said as she sat up slowly and groaned but then she smiled at the girls.
"Hello Yu Die and Cava was it?"
She said and the girls curtsy and smiles.
"Hello Miss Olsen."
Yu Die said and Cava joined in.
"Hello Miss Olsen."
Rosa grinned.
"Hello girls, well the more the merrier..."
She said then she looked up at you, still rathe weak and tired.
"So what where you drawing Cousin?"
She asked.

"Just a pink haired cat girl princess and her kingdom." Serge said nonchalantly, gesturing to the many pages strewn about her floor depicting the various locations that he and the girls had come up with.

"We called her Princess Katie. She's an astronaut veterinarian who rules over her kingdom with the help of her cat knights, right Cava?" Serge said smiling at the young girl.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 am

You got a reply back from Kristina.
"Yes I can arrange for such a message to be delivered to Prince Lodin's court, and if what you say is true, and he is caught helping such infernalists that will be the end of Nicolai the little shit."
Colin grinned and typed back, 'Well, it will certainly look like he's guilty as sin, when the individuals are planted there. I'll let you know when we send them there, assuming that remains the working plan.'

"I could create a hanging rote that is at the ready to be activated if the wards are taken down or the Tass are moved."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"If you are sure burning of that Tass will not cause an explosion that will harm my ship."
He nodded, then fished out a sachet of corrupt Tass from his pocket, "Easy enough to make sure... Let's see, something suitably harmless to... ah, yes. Lens præteritum ex malomagia..."

"Understood...um yes I can feel something happening at the mall garage portal, our guards are nervous, I suspect the attack there is underway. Hopefully then we will not have to hold out to long alone after we move on Lady Larson."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "I would be surprised if the team assigned to penetrate the mall garage is not on its way as well, and possibly reinforcements to the auto shop... The clock has struck eleven for Larson; it's coming up on midnight..."

"I would think that if someone attack Lady Larson's person and destroyed an important spell ingredient then she would be even more concerned in finding out who did it not less...so yes it would be risky indeed."
He nodded, "More concerned with the origin, yes, but the Wind of Mundane Silence is very much uncomfortable for a Mage. What I can get out of it, momentarily distracting. What someone with your superior power and experience can do with it... possibly temporarily crippling. It would be a fairly desperate maneuver, but at the very least, it might accomplish what we need, at the risk of our own lives... best relegate that particular maneuver for now, though."

"I see, yes hopefully our plan will be a bit more complete indeed."
Dalisse said and frowned.
He smiled, "Don't worry too much if I seem flippant regarding our chances - it is when I become very quiet and wary that I am genuinely worried. So long as I can keep the banter up, it's a certain sign I think the odds are good enough."

"Yes it seams to have been less permanent than indented."
The Handler said darkly.
"Even so I suspect they might do other uncomfortable things to you if they found out what you have taught me."
She said.
"Hopefully they will never find out."
He nodded, "Very true, the... range of options they have does not bear pondering... So, best make an effort to bury the memory of teaching you somewhere behind, oh, I don't know, the memory of gilgul, perhaps? The chap with the phylactery ring did not appreciate seeing that memory... He's alive, mind, and the ring is safe in my custody."

"Perhaps but it is easier to do it now since there is likely to be some rush to get away when this fight is over, and all that can be done before that time is a boon."
Dalisse said she closed her eyes and did several hand gestures and muttered something under her breath then she held out her thin hand to you and opened it, a small, perfect green stone lay in her palm, it had not been there before and it was the same color as the green highlights of her skin.
He nodded, "True enough... timing will be an issue."
He looked at the stone as it was presented, "It's beautiful... perfect... Hum, with your permission, I might make it the centerpiece of a piece of jewelry, rather than merely using it up - it... hm... My goodness me, it does somewhat resemble the stone in a piece my future wife wore, when she reached out to me from a few centuries ahead... I'm not certain it's a perfect match, but... it's beautiful, all the same..."

"Oh my, that is actually a great idea...yes we can do that and perhaps even make it work, and since the link to the Node is a part of my ship I thin I can get a pretty good control over it."
The Handler said and nodded.
"But there is a guardian spirit protecting the Node we are going to have to prevent him from running of and informing his mistress."
He nodded, then pondered, "That guardian spirit... Abigail had some in Chicago; powerful Umbroods that were essentially extorted into serving - under threat of great harm. Is this one something similar, or is it a simpler-minded corrupt thing serving Larson in accordance with its own nature?"

"Her shirt yes that is not a problem, inside her sinuses at allot harder. Basically there is a reason why very few magi teleport someone's heart out of their chest, it is hard to affect the inside of someone's body with such arts, however it can be done but as it is harder it is less reliable than sending it to the inside of her blouse."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He nodded, "Getting the sand into skin contact with her, in such a manner as to make it harder to brush off than from, say, a fingertip, would be useful..."

((OOC: So, Colin's trying to use a dram of Tass to make a briefly hovering lens in the air, to look through time into the immediate past - just long enough to see Daniel Vroca when he just visited. So, P2, T2 for the attempt... Probably going to require a few successes... Arete rolls: 1,7,0 - 4,5,7 - 2,7,0. I think that's four successes? Should suffice for a quick view of the immediate past.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:47 am

Nicole:

Once out of public view, Nicole's demeanour changed; assuming a combat poise, the old bashed-up rifle in her hands, ready to use. On Fran's question, a thoughtful look crossed the large woman's face. 'If you've got something which can get rid of this desire to hurl or my bruised back, that'll be nice.'

Fran nodded and she came over to you.
"I can take care of it, with you permission then."
The young Euthanathos said and she waited for your response before she begun to shake her bone rattle again, working the tool over your body several times, you felt the pain and discomfort fade away to nothing.
"How is that Miss Bouchard?"
Fran asked before she put her bone rattle away again.

(OOC: You can scratch those bashing damage marks and also I will reply to your PM as soon as I have time but I want to focus on getting a IC post done right now.)

Serge:

"It would be. Having a goal to work towards is important isn't it?" Serge agreed.

"Wish I had a goal. So far it's just been get better and don't mess up." Serge said with a sigh.

"Having a goal can be powerful, it can be a great motivation but if you do not have something you really want to work towards then I guess that makes you very lucky Sir, then you already have all you need and want."
Yu Die said and she glanced over at you and smiled.

"Just a pink haired cat girl princess and her kingdom." Serge said nonchalantly, gesturing to the many pages strewn about her floor depicting the various locations that he and the girls had come up with.

"A pink haired cat princess?"
Rosa asked sounding a bit confused.
"Well ehm...that is nice, you are entertaining the girls then?"

"We called her Princess Katie. She's an astronaut veterinarian who rules over her kingdom with the help of her cat knights, right Cava?" Serge said smiling at the young girl.

"Right Sir..."
Cava said happily. Rosa smiled a little.
"That sounds fun, Princess Katie is a busy woman then."
She commented.

Colin:

Colin grinned and typed back, 'Well, it will certainly look like he's guilty as sin, when the individuals are planted there. I'll let you know when we send them there, assuming that remains the working plan.'

"Very well I will deliver a message about it to Prince Lodin's court when I get the notification from you then."

He nodded, then fished out a sachet of corrupt Tass from his pocket, "Easy enough to make sure... Let's see, something suitably harmless to... ah, yes. Lens præteritum ex malomagia..."

Even with a simple spell drawing Tass from an outside source and using it to fuel your working got rather complicated, but you pulled it of, and you saw a man in his 30's enter Dalisse's chamber, he had brown hair, pale skin and dark eyes, a sharp nose and thin lips, he was wearing a white shirt, black vest and black pants with rolled up sleeves, there where occult tattoos down his bare arms. The vision only lasted for a moment before it faded. Dalisse glanced at you.
"Interesting, most interesting."
She commented.

He nodded, "I would be surprised if the team assigned to penetrate the mall garage is not on its way as well, and possibly reinforcements to the auto shop... The clock has struck eleven for Larson; it's coming up on midnight..."

"Yes...I can feel magick around the mall garage portal...I think the attack on it is starting."
The Handler commented.
"I hope you are right, that Lady Larson is not allowed to flee today."

He nodded, "More concerned with the origin, yes, but the Wind of Mundane Silence is very much uncomfortable for a Mage. What I can get out of it, momentarily distracting.

"If it is made strong enough to cut through her personal wards yes it will be quite uncomfortable and that might be distracting true but if it do not reach her then she will be quite motivated to figure out who made it."

What someone with your superior power and experience can do with it... possibly temporarily crippling. It would be a fairly desperate maneuver, but at the very least, it might accomplish what we need, at the risk of our own lives... best relegate that particular maneuver for now, though."

"Hum...I might be able to cut through her Parma right but doing it at a distance is an added complication. However yes I might be able to pull this off."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"It will be dangerous but it might work indeed."

He smiled, "Don't worry too much if I seem flippant regarding our chances - it is when I become very quiet and wary that I am genuinely worried. So long as I can keep the banter up, it's a certain sign I think the odds are good enough."

"I see, I wish I could be as optimistic as you then Colin."
The Handler said sounding worried.

He nodded, "Very true, the... range of options they have does not bear pondering... So, best make an effort to bury the memory of teaching you somewhere behind, oh, I don't know, the memory of gilgul, perhaps? The chap with the phylactery ring did not appreciate seeing that memory... He's alive, mind, and the ring is safe in my custody."

"Well that would be a good, well a horrible but still good place to hide such a memory."
Dalisse said wryly then she sigh.
"You still have Siege then, Lady Larson sent him to infiltrate your Chantry but if his phyactery have been discovered I guess that plan failed."
She said and sigh.
"What is going to happen to Siege now?"

He nodded, "True enough... timing will be an issue."
He looked at the stone as it was presented, "It's beautiful... perfect... Hum, with your permission, I might make it the centerpiece of a piece of jewelry, rather than merely using it up - it... hm... My goodness me, it does somewhat resemble the stone in a piece my future wife wore, when she reached out to me from a few centuries ahead... I'm not certain it's a perfect match, but... it's beautiful, all the same..."

"Thank you I find it easier to manifest personal Tass making it into a crystal."
Dalisse said then she smiled a little.
"Like I said I am not corrupted, some would still call a Bahari an infernalist, but I am not inverted. As for the stone, you may do with it as you please."
The Handler said then she added.
"Your wife spoke to you from the future, well then I would be honored if a piece of my magick where made into a gift for her."

He nodded, then pondered, "That guardian spirit... Abigail had some in Chicago; powerful Umbroods that were essentially extorted into serving - under threat of great harm. Is this one something similar, or is it a simpler-minded corrupt thing serving Larson in accordance with its own nature?"

"It is a corrupted spirit, how it got that way I do not know, but it is a cruel, angry being, you might call it a demon, not in the Christian sense, they exist as well, but this is a demon in the term of being a destructive, corrupting force."
Dalisse explained.

He nodded, "Getting the sand into skin contact with her, in such a manner as to make it harder to brush off than from, say, a fingertip, would be useful..."

"Hum...I could use a somewhat complicated elemental spell, mixing a bit of sand with water and using Auram to force that into her body, that might work better than teleporting it into her."
Dalisse said and she looked thoughtful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Anja's Post:

A small smile as the pain eased off, then vanished. 'Much better... thanks.'

Once she was done, Nicole re-shifted her rifle for use. 'Time to check on screamer, 'suppose... and where's whatshisname gone?' she added with a curious afterthought.

[No worries about PM; it's not like the issues it mentions are at all pressing].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

"You are welcome."
Fran said then she nodded.
"I doubt we will get much out of her but we can not leave her like that either."
She looked a bit confused at your question then she asked.
"Ty? He is checking still checking out the rest of the building."
The Euthanathos said and Antonio nodded.
"And I would like to check on him and back him up, if you two deal with the remaining Nephandus I will go and find Mr Smithson."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm

"Very well I will deliver a message about it to Prince Lodin's court when I get the notification from you then."
Colin grinned, "Right, I send a confirmation message as you move the vampires to the apartment in Chicago, and they should be taken in by the Prince's day shift right away."

Even with a simple spell drawing Tass from an outside source and using it to fuel your working got rather complicated, but you pulled it of, and you saw a man in his 30's enter Dalisse's chamber, he had brown hair, pale skin and dark eyes, a sharp nose and thin lips, he was wearing a white shirt, black vest and black pants with rolled up sleeves, there where occult tattoos down his bare arms. The vision only lasted for a moment before it faded. Dalisse glanced at you.
"Interesting, most interesting."
She commented.
He nodded, "So that's what Mr. Vroca looks like... Yes, I think I can say with absolute certainty that using the corrupted Tass as fuel for a non-combustive spell will not burn the ship. That was complicated, though..."

"Yes...I can feel magick around the mall garage portal...I think the attack on it is starting."
The Handler commented.
"I hope you are right, that Lady Larson is not allowed to flee today."
He frowned, "Oh, there is nowhere she can run to after today... Even if she escapes us, there's an angry Aswadim on her tail."

"If it is made strong enough to cut through her personal wards yes it will be quite uncomfortable and that might be distracting true but if it do not reach her then she will be quite motivated to figure out who made it."
He nodded, "Quite so. We would need to make sure we have a lot of brute force to overpower her wards before we act."

"Hum...I might be able to cut through her Parma right but doing it at a distance is an added complication. However yes I might be able to pull this off."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"It will be dangerous but it might work indeed."
He nodded, "What we need is the magical equivalent of a stiletto with megaton-force thrust behind it... Difficult, but not impossible, and if we pull it off, it would be quite decisive..."

"I see, I wish I could be as optimistic as you then Colin."
The Handler said sounding worried.
He smiled sadly, "Ah, I should specify, it's been a long time since I removed my own survival from the victory conditions... Sometimes, a sacrifice is necessary to save the day, but I am loath to throw someone else in front of the train before I stand there myself..."

"Well that would be a good, well a horrible but still good place to hide such a memory."
Dalisse said wryly then she sigh.
"You still have Siege then, Lady Larson sent him to infiltrate your Chantry but if his phyactery have been discovered I guess that plan failed."
She said and sigh.
"What is going to happen to Siege now?"
He shrugged, "Actually, that part of the plan seems to have worked perfectly - he got inside and managed to take a hostage and cause a ruckus, all because we assumed him to be powerless. He was only sent in as a distraction, after all, while one of Jace's minions broke in elsewhere. It's hardly Siege's fault that we saw through the ruse and made a full sweep of everywhere else of importance, and were able to save the day... The failure was Jace's, not Siege's. And as for what will happen next... Siege will be held prisoner until his trial, and then... well... he will be sentenced. In the meantime, I will keep his Avatar safe, even clean the phylactery up a bit and examine it, with his consent. Perhaps the worst can be avoided for him, but I am afraid there's only one realistic outcome..."

"Thank you I find it easier to manifest personal Tass making it into a crystal."
Dalisse said then she smiled a little.
"Like I said I am not corrupted, some would still call a Bahari an infernalist, but I am not inverted. As for the stone, you may do with it as you please."
The Handler said then she added.
"Your wife spoke to you from the future, well then I would be honored if a piece of my magick where made into a gift for her."
He nodded, "Stones of various sorts seem to be rather the standard, actually... What are Bahari?"
He smiled, "She'll become an Oracle someday, if all goes well."

"It is a corrupted spirit, how it got that way I do not know, but it is a cruel, angry being, you might call it a demon, not in the Christian sense, they exist as well, but this is a demon in the term of being a destructive, corrupting force."
Dalisse explained.
He frowned, "It will have to be dealt with in a fairly terminal manner, then... Pity; had it been an unwilling slave, we might have been able to work something out peacefully..."

"Hum...I could use a somewhat complicated elemental spell, mixing a bit of sand with water and using Auram to force that into her body, that might work better than teleporting it into her."
Dalisse said and she looked thoughtful.
He nodded, "Ear ducts would be excellent passages for that, I think; hard to clean out, hard to reach into..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Colin grinned, "Right, I send a confirmation message as you move the vampires to the apartment in Chicago, and they should be taken in by the Prince's day shift right away."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Very well, if there is a chance to do so when the battle begin I will teleport the vampires to their ehm...new home."
Dalisse said with a little wry smile.

He nodded, "So that's what Mr. Vroca looks like... Yes, I think I can say with absolute certainty that using the corrupted Tass as fuel for a non-combustive spell will not burn the ship. That was complicated, though..."

"Ok, then we have a plan if we can get at Lady Larson's Tass stores and yes that would be Mr Vroca...I hope he...manage to escape when the fighting starts...but unfortunately I doubt it will be so."
She said and sigh.

He frowned, "Oh, there is nowhere she can run to after today... Even if she escapes us, there's an angry Aswadim on her tail."

"I am not sure the Aswadim will actually act so I hope you are right Colin, that Lady Larson will be taken down by your allies."

He nodded, "Quite so. We would need to make sure we have a lot of brute force to overpower her wards before we act."

"Indeed, we are going to have to have a spell ready and bustling with Vim when we attack if we are going to stand any chance at this."

He nodded, "What we need is the magical equivalent of a stiletto with megaton-force thrust behind it... Difficult, but not impossible, and if we pull it off, it would be quite decisive..."

"Yes...but like you said doing so will not be easy...any ideas Colin? I have few other than working ritual to building the power before we move."

He smiled sadly, "Ah, I should specify, it's been a long time since I removed my own survival from the victory conditions... Sometimes, a sacrifice is necessary to save the day, but I am loath to throw someone else in front of the train before I stand there myself..."

"I understand Colin however I to are willing to die to stop Larson and free my ship, but I would strongly prefer to live, and I am worried how these plans of us will go."
The Handler said and she sounded rather nervous.

He shrugged, "Actually, that part of the plan seems to have worked perfectly - he got inside and managed to take a hostage and cause a ruckus, all because we assumed him to be powerless. He was only sent in as a distraction, after all, while one of Jace's minions broke in elsewhere. It's hardly Siege's fault that we saw through the ruse and made a full sweep of everywhere else of importance, and were able to save the day... The failure was Jace's, not Siege's.

"I see, well I doubt the Prelatus will admit that the fault was his, It do seam to me that your victories over these last few days have been mostly due to luck. At least Siege is going down doing what he believe in but I will be sad to see him go."
Dalisse said and sigh.

And as for what will happen next... Siege will be held prisoner until his trial, and then... well... he will be sentenced. In the meantime, I will keep his Avatar safe, even clean the phylactery up a bit and examine it, with his consent. Perhaps the worst can be avoided for him, but I am afraid there's only one realistic outcome..."

She nodded sadly.
"His phylactery will be destroyed and he will be executed."
She said and looked down.
"Will at least his death be quick?"

He nodded, "Stones of various sorts seem to be rather the standard, actually... What are Bahari?"
He smiled, "She'll become an Oracle someday, if all goes well."

"Tass can take any shape or form, but yes stones have always been good at holding energy."
She said then she smiled a little.
"Bahari are my faction Colin, we are those who worship The Dark Mother."
She explained.
"An Oracle I am double honored then."
She said with a slight bow of her head.

He frowned, "It will have to be dealt with in a fairly terminal manner, then... Pity; had it been an unwilling slave, we might have been able to work something out peacefully..."

"There are other spirits that are not here willingly however this particular guardian though, he belongs with the Nephandi."
Dalisse said darkly.

He nodded, "Ear ducts would be excellent passages for that, I think; hard to clean out, hard to reach into..."

"I could make a spray that will get into most of her orifices so to speak using the sand some water and the power of air itself, that might provide a good distraction."
The Handler suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Anja's Post:

A silent shrug, then gave a "after you" look to Fran.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Antonio gave you and Fran a nod.
"Please be careful both of you."
He said before he hurried of.
"You to Mr Riez."
The Euthanathos said before she glanced over at you and she walked into the side room where the quickly weakening, screaming Nephandus where found. The Nephanda curled up a bit more into a fetal position when she saw the two of you and she was clearly both in pain and terrified.
"Do you think we will get anything out of her Mis Bouchard or should I end her suffering?"
Fran said as she fished her gun out of her teddy bear purse and checked it once before arming it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Anja's Post:

A slightly raised eyebrow at the Euthanothos'... forwardness, but only for a second. 'You know we're meant to take them in alive. For later things.' tone a little slower and clearer, giving a "play along" look to Fran. 'But I suppose it's possible we couldn't save this one. But not before they gave us the info we need before snuffing it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm

The Nephanda's eyes grew wider when you spoke of her being captured for...other things and she seamed to get so scared she forgot her pain for a moment and her scream became a terrified whimper. Fran glanced at you and sigh.
"You are right off course, we are going to have to try to save her life to bring her in, poor wretch."
She muttered playing along.
"P...please..."
The Nephanda managed her voice hoarse from scream.
"Please don't bring me in...please..."
She sobbed, she was terrified, hurting and confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:47 pm

"A pink haired cat princess?"
Rosa asked sounding a bit confused.
"Well ehm...that is nice, you are entertaining the girls then?"

"Yeah that's about right." Serge replied. "we've just been here drawing and talking about random stuff."

"Right Sir..."
Cava said happily. Rosa smiled a little.
"That sounds fun, Princess Katie is a busy woman then."
She commented.

"That she is. We were just talking about how her kingdomm main exports large amount of candy vegetables to neighboring kingdoms." Serge said with a laugh.

"So you hungry Rosa? You've been asleep for a good while now." he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 pm

"Yeah that's about right." Serge replied. "we've just been here drawing and talking about random stuff."

"That is nice Serge, I liked to draw when I was a little girl as well."
Rosa said and she gave you a tired smile, she did not mention that it was good you where keeping the children's mind off what was happening, off the coming battle with the Nephandi.

"That she is. We were just talking about how her kingdomm main exports large amount of candy vegetables to neighboring kingdoms." Serge said with a laugh.

"Well is not that a nice thing to produce I am sure they are delicious."
Rosa said and Cava nodded.
"Yeah they are super delicious ma'am."
Rosa grimaced at that.
"Ma'am am I now? Just call me Rosa kid."
She said and Cava smiled a little.

"So you hungry Rosa? You've been asleep for a good while now." he asked.

The other Cultist considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah I guess that I am at that...and I did not mean to fall asleep and leave you with all the work Serge honestly."
She said apologetically.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm

"Perhaps it is both young warrior, a knowledge hidden and a knowledge gained." Mara said and she gave you a friendly smile as she petted the kittens. "I do think a plan will come to you in time though, and yes the cats will play a part, what have been created from a man can be used to affect him in a most destructive way."

"Well, thank you for your confidence ma'am. I believe I hear what you are saying, in that last bit but now it is a matter of finding the right circumstance, is that what I am missing?" He couldn't tell if the Deaconness was having fun with this or it was simply the way she was, enjoying cryptic exchanges. Having never talked much to her before, he could feel a certain level of frustration building but at the same time, perhaps there was a reason for it all.

"I am not sure if the labs have gas lines or if it run on electricity alone but there are allot of machines and storage systems that could easily be the cause of a rather massive fire." Duncan said and he nodded. "That might work, if we could affect Deaconess O'Connor's cats perhaps we can affect the Nephandus himself."

"Alright, well if someone is flushed out, they either have a back door handy or they will go out the available exit. If they can teleport we're going to miss him but if he can travel the umbra he might go that way instead and we'd have a shot. Another thing..." he said, taking a turn and warming up to the different ideas that came through as they drove, "I know my mentor talked about pulling him into the umbra, so we'd keep the sleepers safe. I saw someone go fishing for vampires before, pulled one right out a third story window and we slapped him down with some aurams. I wonder if we can use the arcane connection to go fishing for Nephandi...it would be difficult. But, if in the umbra navigation is dictated by connections, then distance is a matter of knowing those connections well. The issue would be a matter of getting the hook to grab, or them to take the worm on the hook, the bait..." He seemed thoughtful. "Right, complex ideas, now simpler ones..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 pm

"Well, thank you for your confidence ma'am. I believe I hear what you are saying, in that last bit but now it is a matter of finding the right circumstance, is that what I am missing?" He couldn't tell if the Deaconness was having fun with this or it was simply the way she was, enjoying cryptic exchanges. Having never talked much to her before, he could feel a certain level of frustration building but at the same time, perhaps there was a reason for it all.

"Is that what you think you are missing in all of this?"
Mara asked.
"The fallen healer wanted to attack us with bits of his mind, now I have two of those bits, and what is sent out can return and what have once been together will always affect one another, the question is to know how to use this, when and where."

"Alright, well if someone is flushed out, they either have a back door handy or they will go out the available exit. If they can teleport we're going to miss him but if he can travel the umbra he might go that way instead and we'd have a shot.

"Yes if he can teleport that might be a big problem."
Duncan said and nodded.
"Him escaping in the crowd would be a problem to but if he leave by the Umbra that will give us a better chance to get at him."

Another thing..." he said, taking a turn and warming up to the different ideas that came through as they drove, "I know my mentor talked about pulling him into the umbra, so we'd keep the sleepers safe. I saw someone go fishing for vampires before, pulled one right out a third story window and we slapped him down with some aurams. I wonder if we can use the arcane connection to go fishing for Nephandi...it would be difficult. But, if in the umbra navigation is dictated by connections, then distance is a matter of knowing those connections well. The issue would be a matter of getting the hook to grab, or them to take the worm on the hook, the bait..." He seemed thoughtful. "Right, complex ideas, now simpler ones..."

"The arcane connection we have on the man will make it harder for him to defend himself against such...fishing attempts."
Duncan agreed and nodded.
"The difficulty will still be that he is a powerful mage so fishing him out into the Umbra might then give him the moment needed to prepare something nasty as for simpler ideas well talking of teleportation, one simple idea off course is to step right into the room he is in and shoot him in the head or toss and explosive in there that is only powerful enough to destroy that room and not the surrounding ones and hope he will not have the time to react, it is crude but it might work, or it might get the person who tries obliterated..."
The Verbena said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

"That is nice Serge, I liked to draw when I was a little girl as well."
Rosa said and she gave you a tired smile, she did not mention that it was good you where keeping the children's mind off what was happening, off the coming battle with the Nephandi.

"Who didn't?" Serge said with a smile. "Who didn't like drawing a smiley face on everywhere they went."

"Well is not that a nice thing to produce I am sure they are delicious."
Rosa said and Cava nodded.
"Yeah they are super delicious ma'am."
Rosa grimaced at that.
"Ma'am am I now? Just call me Rosa kid."
She said and Cava smiled a little.

Serge silently chuckled at Rosa's comment, thinking it sounded like something a 'hip' professor would say to her students in a desperate attempt to seem cool and young.

"So Rosa? We have a mage tower,a forest full of monster, and a cat spaceship. What else do you think should be added to this kingdom?" Serge asked.

The other Cultist considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah I guess that I am at that...and I did not mean to fall asleep and leave you with all the work Serge honestly."
She said apologetically.

"It's no problem. It's not like I'm doing much work anyways." Serge said with a nervous chuckle.

"I'm sure their's still leftovers from our tea party. Biscuits and all that. I'm not sure where they are though" Serge said glancing around the room looking for the food.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

"Who didn't?" Serge said with a smile. "Who didn't like drawing a smiley face on everywhere they went."

"Ehm...I can not remember drawing smiley faces everywhere I went no, I drew on paper, and I drew the typical pictures that kids drew, my home and my parents, princesses, flowers and such."
Rosa said and she raised an eyebrow.

Serge silently chuckled at Rosa's comment, thinking it sounded like something a 'hip' professor would say to her students in a desperate attempt to seem cool and young.

"So Rosa? We have a mage tower,a forest full of monster, and a cat spaceship. What else do you think should be added to this kingdom?" Serge asked.

"Well I guess you need a market for people to get their groceries and clothes and such, a hospital for when they are sick and perhaps a school?"
Rosa suggested then she added with a smile.
"All of them pink, off course."

"It's no problem. It's not like I'm doing much work anyways." Serge said with a nervous chuckle.

"Well I appreciate it Serge and you seam to be doing a great job with the girls."
The other Cultist said and smiled.

"I'm sure their's still leftovers from our tea party. Biscuits and all that. I'm not sure where they are though" Serge said glancing around the room looking for the food.

"Do not worry about it Serge I have some fruit in the fridge, do anyone else want anything?"
Rosa said and she tried to stand but she quickly had to sit down when her body protested her moving around with that little blood in her body.
"Ehm...just give me a moment."
She said sounding a bit embarrassed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Anja's Post:

'Confusing me with someone who gives a fuck, you are.' Nicole replied coldly. 'At this moment, you're between the IRS and those religious dicks who picket funerals and scream at everyone.' ending with a little sigh, then looking to Fran and giving a tiny nod, to continue. Knowing full well that talking was not her strong suit - perhaps Fran would have better luck in getting the Fallen to spill.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm

"Well I guess you need a market for people to get their groceries and clothes and such, a hospital for when they are sick and perhaps a school?"
Rosa suggested then she added with a smile.
"All of them pink, off course."

"How's that sound Cava? It's your world afterall." Serge asked the young girl.

"Well I appreciate it Serge and you seam to be doing a great job with the girls."
The other Cultist said and smiled.

"It's no problem." Serge said simply.

"Do not worry about it Serge I have some fruit in the fridge, do anyone else want anything?"
Rosa said and she tried to stand but she quickly had to sit down when her body protested her moving around with that little blood in her body.
"Ehm...just give me a moment."
She said sounding a bit embarrassed.

"I can get it for you if you want." Serge offered seeing how weak Rosa still was.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer fixes)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Nicole:

The Nephanda looked at you with terrified eyes and whimpered. Fran glanced and you then she hunched down beside the Fallen woman.
"I however do care and while you are an enemy, I do think you deserve at least compassion however here is my situation, our laws order us to take you alive if possible, now when we explain ourselves to our superiors we can explain how this was not possible under the circumstances but if we are going to do so, we want something in return for the hassle it might give us...so while I can not make a deal with you or I would end up in a nasty trial, I can say that cooperation might lead my evaluation of the situation to the conclusion that killing you are our only option."
The Euthanatos said in a mild, kind voice. The Nephanda glanced from you to Fran several times then she looked away and groaned in pain.
"O...ok, what do you want to know?"
She managed between gritted teeth.
"I...I will cooperate please don't take me prisoner...please...."

Serge:

"How's that sound Cava? It's your world afterall." Serge asked the young girl.

"Yeah...that sounds good Sir. I do wonder what they would sell at the market?"
Cava said thoughtfully and she smiled.

"It's no problem." Serge said simply.

Rosa just gave a smile at that.

"I can get it for you if you want." Serge offered seeing how weak Rosa still was.

"Thank you...I appreciate it...I do hate to burden you further though Cousin."
Rosa muttered.
"I am just feeling a bit woozy so I should be ok in a minute."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:29 pm

"Yeah...that sounds good Sir. I do wonder what they would sell at the market?"
Cava said thoughtfully and she smiled.

"Cat food?" Serge said after some thought. "You know to feed all of the cat's within the kingdom. Other than that it would probably have your normal array of items. Toys, art supplies, and regular food."

"Thank you...I appreciate it...I do hate to burden you further though Cousin."
Rosa muttered.
"I am just feeling a bit woozy so I should be ok in a minute."

"It's no problem." Serge assured her as he stood up.

He walked towards the fridge and opened it, glancing inside to look for the fruit that Rosa had mentioned.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole watched this impassively, though with her rifle at the ready - but not aimed directly at the Fallen. While she wasn't exactly sure why, she'd had enough experience to know that her attempts at persuasion were not often successful.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 am

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Very well, if there is a chance to do so when the battle begin I will teleport the vampires to their ehm...new home."
Dalisse said with a little wry smile.
Colin nodded, "I almost feel a little guilty about it, but Nicolai received his warnings to stay out of Mage affairs... He doubled down on his meddling, and turned a member of an allied Chantry into a vampire. His unlife is forfeit; the only question is how his end will come... Thank Heaven for small blessings, the Chantry member was a Linear Mage and not Awakened... so things were somewhat less horrible..."

"Ok, then we have a plan if we can get at Lady Larson's Tass stores and yes that would be Mr Vroca...I hope he...manage to escape when the fighting starts...but unfortunately I doubt it will be so."
She said and sigh.
He nodded, "If I see him among the fallen or captured... I will light a candle for his passing. I cannot do much for him, but that much... we may be enemies, formally and philosophically, but all the same, he should not go uncared for."

"I am not sure the Aswadim will actually act so I hope you are right Colin, that Lady Larson will be taken down by your allies."
He smiled wryly, "Oh, why would an Aswadim act directly, when there are so many Nephandi Labyrinths around that could be guided and advised to hunt down a rogue Prelate to earn his favour? I imagine there would be quite a few Nephandi more than prepared to avenge his pride and dignity on his behalf..."

"Indeed, we are going to have to have a spell ready and bustling with Vim when we attack if we are going to stand any chance at this."
"Yes...but like you said doing so will not be easy...any ideas Colin? I have few other than working ritual to building the power before we move."
He nodded, "The onboard Node link - if we can tap that to accelerate the power accumulation, much is won. You saw how it works - and as it is, I would have to piggyback on your power to assist, as I cannot yet bridge the spatial gap on my own. Plus, you are far more intimately familiar with the ship than I am, and as such, you are better suited to direct the working."

"I understand Colin however I to are willing to die to stop Larson and free my ship, but I would strongly prefer to live, and I am worried how these plans of us will go."
The Handler said and she sounded rather nervous.
He nodded and held up the risk/benefit notes, "Oh, I agree - that's why I am trying to make sure we compensate for any and all risks of backfires or detection we are liable to run into in the attempt... Were I more capable in several more magical disciplines, I might risk preparing multiple complex spells to go off at once, to improve our chances of successfully ending the fight before we're found out, but as it is... The best I have is to mask our Resonances and work through you from unexpected angles..."

"I see, well I doubt the Prelatus will admit that the fault was his, It do seam to me that your victories over these last few days have been mostly due to luck. At least Siege is going down doing what he believe in but I will be sad to see him go."
Dalisse said and sigh.
He nodded, "I think it might be a little imprecise to say our successes were mostly due to luck. Some of them were due to deliberate meddling from the future, and some... well, some were thanks to some highly accurate intuitive leaps combined with hubris on our enemies' sides. I think our luckiest break throughout was finding Ojan dying in one of our properties after the Union shot him - I ended his suffering, sparing him perhaps a few hours of feverish agony, but he was already unconscious when we found him. If he had not been killed by the Union like that - Primium bullets are nasty with that sort of wound - we would not have picked up on the loose thread, and unraveled the whole blanket of secrecy in a matter of days."

She nodded sadly.
"His phylactery will be destroyed and he will be executed."
She said and looked down.
"Will at least his death be quick?"
He nodded, "I will see to it, to the extent of my influence."

"Tass can take any shape or form, but yes stones have always been good at holding energy."
She said then she smiled a little.
"Bahari are my faction Colin, we are those who worship The Dark Mother."
She explained.
"An Oracle I am double honored then."
She said with a slight bow of her head.
He nodded, "Ah, Bahari are Lilith-worshipers. Hm, I don't see the etymological connection."
He smiled, "Perhaps she will bring the stone along for that last journey, to say hello as she goes. Perhaps not. It is likely centuries away, in any case..."

"There are other spirits that are not here willingly however this particular guardian though, he belongs with the Nephandi."
Dalisse said darkly.
He nodded, "Poor thing, reinventing a broken spirit was an unusual challenge, but he was deeply unhappy with the false purpose Abigail had set him to... It doesn't sound like this one is going to be as thrilled with a new job offer..."

"I could make a spray that will get into most of her orifices so to speak using the sand some water and the power of air itself, that might provide a good distraction."
The Handler suggested.
He nodded, "And that one might not require as much brute force behind it to get through her wards, either... Well, you would know that better than I do."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 am

"Is that what you think you are missing in all of this?" Mara asked.

"No, ma'am, it's probably something right in front of my nose," he admitted.

"The fallen healer wanted to attack us with bits of his mind, now I have two of those bits, and what is sent out can return and what have once been together will always affect one another, the question is to know how to use this, when and where."

"Mental ars aren't something I am very familiar with but that does make sense to me. "

"The arcane connection we have on the man will make it harder for him to defend himself against such...fishing attempts." Duncan agreed and nodded. "The difficulty will still be that he is a powerful mage so fishing him out into the Umbra might then give him the moment needed to prepare something nasty as for simpler ideas well talking of teleportation, one simple idea off course is to step right into the room he is in and shoot him in the head or toss and explosive in there that is only powerful enough to destroy that room and not the surrounding ones and hope he will not have the time to react, it is crude but it might work, or it might get the person who tries obliterated..."

He nodded at the man's words. "Back to the fact we've got bits of his mind then...we could return it to him, as said...so what would be feasible to er...well, wait. They're already...they already think they are kittens...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next