Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 13 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:54 pm

"I do not know Mr Yager I think different teams have gone to the different portals and someone have gone after a Nephandi higher but but they have not really told me anything, I have been busy enchanting bullets."
Dion said and shook her head.

"I see. Well thanks for the information. It's nice to have some idea instead of being completely in the dark." Serge said sadly.

"All I know is that Master Morgan is at a hospital and that my Mentor is going to help him with something." Serge informed Dion.

"Could we have some chicken and meat balls on the pizza as well Sir?"
Jane asked.
"I like chicken to Sir."
Cava commented.

"Sure if we're getting two pizza's then one can have pepperoni and another can have chicken and meat balls." Serge replied.

Jane griped and giggled. Dion nodded and that and made a note of it on her phone.
"Two...one half vegetarian the rest with peperoni, meatballs and chicken?"
The Chorister asked.

"Sounds about right." Serge confirmed with a nod.

"You are most kind...I will once things calm down and those who need to be mourned have been so remembered."
Dion said softly.

Serge nodded respectfully, knowing what connotation the word 'mourn' had and inferring quite clearly what was causing Dion's grief.

(OOC: Awesome! Their's only a couple of spells that I want to have rote status. Aura reading, Mind reading, picture mental illusions, and another really interesting one that Serge hasn't done yet. I'll write down a few for approval later.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 13 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Serge:

"I see. Well thanks for the information. It's nice to have some idea instead of being completely in the dark." Serge said sadly.

"Yeah the waiting is the worst part eh, waiting and wondering ig we are going to see them all again alive. I wish I knew more Mr Yager I really do but I don't."
Dion said apologetically.

"All I know is that Master Morgan is at a hospital and that my Mentor is going to help him with something." Serge informed Dion.

"That makes some disturbing kind of sense actually, I have heard rumors that the Nephandus they are hunting, where once a Progenitor...you know the crazy Nazi doctor Technocrats."
The Chorister said looking concerned.

"Sure if we're getting two pizza's then one can have pepperoni and another can have chicken and meat balls." Serge replied.

"That sounds good Sir."
Jane said happily and Dion made a note of the preference.

"Sounds about right." Serge confirmed with a nod.

"Ok then I think I have the information I need Mr Yager I will come back when the pizzas are here."
Dion said and nodded.

Serge nodded respectfully, knowing what connotation the word 'mourn' had and inferring quite clearly what was causing Dion's grief.

Dion gave you another sad smile then she sigh.
"Well I will not be disturbing you anymore then Mr Yager, please enjoy your game."
The Chorister said.
"If there was nothing further that is?"

(OOC: Sounds good.)

Colin:

Hospital October:

Colin grinned, "Oh, I will... I don't know how many, but they'll be largely good ones, I expect."

"None of us fully know how many years we will get Colin, some of us can scry on the future and have a guess but the future is fluid, all we can hope for is that the years we do get will be happy ones."
Ange said and she smiled a little.

He nodded, "Being alone can be quite healthy, but being lonely... not so much."

"You are right about that but prolonged solitude often turn to loneliness."
She agreed.

Labyrinth Again:

He nodded, "Would you be able to, ah, teleport them outside after the fighting's done, then? Without Larson, Jace or anyone else's interference, that should be less of a problem, even if you have to crack the wards to do so..."

"That depends on how quickly I have to take my ship and flee, there are quite a few tasks to be done in a short time when the fighting is done and breaking through a ward placed there by a Master of the Art is not easy even for me. I can teleport the prisoners out if there is time but that is a big if."
Dalisse said and sigh.

(OOC: Prime scan all the things. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm

"Neither you nor your companion will be let go Madam, however cooperation will buy you greater comfort and understanding for you and for the girl." Jeffry said and the older woman gave a slight laugh. "So it is a fight you want then Traditionalist, sure a all out battle here will hurt like hell once Paradox gets into the picture, however I know what the Traditions do to our kind, we will never surrender so you really have the choice between a all out magickal fight here where quite a few sleepers will see and get in the way or letting Julieanna go and and I will give you what information you please before leaving myself, your choice." The woman said, her younger companion backed away a little, she was just a girl in her late teens or early twenties and she looked rather scared, her eyes darting between the group of Traditionalists, then she reached into her pocket and brought out a small knife and used it to slice her thumb open, she winced as blood started dripping and she used that blood to draw patters on her other hand, clearly she was planning something.

As the older mages talked, he could see that his pater attempted to use courtesey and honesty, but the Nephandus clearly wasn’t interested. She preferred to taunt them and she seemed to have a desire to stir up a shit show and go out with a bang or leave but right now they were in a standoff and time was ticking by. He turned his attention back to the girl and saw she had pulled a knife and was earnestly starting to cutting away at her thumb. Dammit. Well, he might not be able to counter the elder, but he could probably make whatever working that girl was doing frustrating and hopefully fail. "Stop, Julianna!" he said, then concentrated on the area below her hands to press her hands and the knife down to the earth, with the hand gestures and words of rego auram, combining technique and form to redirect the air itself.

As you stand there wondering how to respond to the Fallen woman and her taunts when your pone announce that it have a message for you with a cheerful ping. If you read it the message said. "My name is Angelica Boudavich I am one of the Deacons at Chantry Westchapel. I have a map of the area of the hospital the man you hunt are located and I will be down to assist your group as soon as possible, could you show Master Morgan the maps?"
Along with the message where a file containing a map of the biochemistry department with some of the labs marked in red.[/quote]

He heard the message ping as he was working, the sound in contrast to the tense situation, as if a bell had been run for school recess in the middle of a fight out in the yard where those involved were still in the 'smacktalk' phase.

// I have had too many projects to rush around and try to finish plus I got a new job that stared yesterday, sorry about being sporadic but my brain was going in too many directions and left me with writers block. Lol, I still haven't finished my projects, but progress is being made.

// arete for Forces: 8, 2, 2

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 pm

"That makes some disturbing kind of sense actually, I have heard rumors that the Nephandus they are hunting, where once a Progenitor...you know the crazy Nazi doctor Technocrats."
The Chorister said looking concerned.

"Yeah, Wallace Jace." Serge said in a concerned voice. "I had the pleasure of fighting his oil spirits earlier as well as drawing a pretty little portrait of him. I know a surprising bit about him actually."

Dion gave you another sad smile then she sigh.
"Well I will not be disturbing you anymore then Mr Yager, please enjoy your game."
The Chorister said.
"If there was nothing further that is?"

"I don't think their is. Once again it was nice meeting Dion." Serge said with a wave of farewell.

"If you ever get the urge to play a guessing game with a bunch of children, we always have some more room." Serge said humorously.

(OOC: Good luck at your new job Strife! Glad your making progress.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Adley:

Your Mentor seamed to be considering the situation, this woman was powerful, unafraid and clearly not impressed and what was worse she was right there where little point to her surrendering the only thing your group could legally offer where some comfort during her captivity and that only until she was given over to the Security Council, if she was Fallen then surrendering really where not a viable option and she showed no sign of wanting to cooperate.
"You know I can not legally let you leave Madam, however we are in some hurry and depending on what you have to say our efforts to take you down might be...somewhat reserved as we need our strength for the task at hand."
He said hesitantly, not wanting a all out magickal fight to break out right next to a hospital.

Then you started working your own magick against the younger woman and she cried out as her hands where pushed towards the ground forcing her to bend at the waist.
"Let her go brat!"
The older woman said and there was menace in her voice but also alarm, she was clearly concerned about the younger mage's safety.
"Listen, we both want to go home today and still be alive and free, none of us want a conflict...I can agree to talking if your group's efforts to try to capture me and my companion are...reserved, whatever you have to call it within the confines of the law I do not care as long as I can take Julianna and leave."
She said quickly. Jeffry glanced  at you and made a discreet gesture to say keep holding her before he turned to the woman again.
"Who are you?"
He asked and she sigh.
"You may call me Lily...that will do for a name for now."
Jeffry nodded.
"Very well Miss Lily, what faction are you with."
She shrugged.
"None of them I work for myself and myself alone."
The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"But you do favors for a Nephandus?"
Lily smiled.
"I will do favors for whoever pays Hermetic."
Your Mentor sigh.
"Well then Miss Lily what have you been paid to do here?"
The woman looked at the old Hermetic and said without a hint of shame.
"A Prelate from a local Labyrinth wanted several healthy adults for...well I am not sure exactly harvesting some sort of spell components from I believe I was told the merchandise would not survive."
You saw a small vein on the side of your Mentor's forehead sort of throb, the old Hermetic was furious and even outdoors you felt heat flow from him...

As you pressed the younger woman's hands towards the ground you felt reality's displeasure at such manipulation, like a stern old schoolteacher scowling at you as you sent notes to one of the other kids in class, a minor breach of the rules perhaps but still not allowed and it earned you a stern scowl.

(OOC: You get one point of Paradox since this spell outside of the Chantry would be vulgar.)

(OOC 2: I am glad you are making progress Strife and do not worry post when you want to it should be something fun and not something you feel you have to do when you are stressed. Good luck with you new job.)

Serge:

"Yeah, Wallace Jace." Serge said in a concerned voice. "I had the pleasure of fighting his oil spirits earlier as well as drawing a pretty little portrait of him. I know a surprising bit about him actually."

"Really? Do you know what sort of man this Wallace Jace is?"
Dion asked.
"Do you think our guys will be able to take him out and come back home safely?"

"I don't think their is. Once again it was nice meeting Dion." Serge said with a wave of farewell.

"It was very nice meeting you as well Mr Yager."
Dion said and nodded.
"Welcome to Steelhaven I hope you will like it here. It is a nice Chantry to live at...well when not involved in an open war with the Nephandi that is."

"If you ever get the urge to play a guessing game with a bunch of children, we always have some more room." Serge said humorously.

"Thank you for the offer Mr Yager, perhaps I will take you up on it, for now I need to get this pizza business sorted out though and someone needs to be on guard duty."
The Chorister said then she inclined her head towards you.
"Goodbye for now Mr Yager."
She said before she left.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot about the Paradox.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Hospital, October:
"None of us fully know how many years we will get Colin, some of us can scry on the future and have a guess but the future is fluid, all we can hope for is that the years we do get will be happy ones."
Ange said and she smiled a little.
Colin grinned, "And regardless of scrying, we can all do what we can to make the coming years as good as can be."

"You are right about that but prolonged solitude often turn to loneliness."
She agreed.
He nodded, "True enough. I would feel a lot better if I knew she had companions, but... perhaps she'll get some eventually. And at the very least, she might find strange new worlds to explore."

Labyrinth, Now:
"That depends on how quickly I have to take my ship and flee, there are quite a few tasks to be done in a short time when the fighting is done and breaking through a ward placed there by a Master of the Art is not easy even for me. I can teleport the prisoners out if there is time but that is a big if."
Dalisse said and sigh.
He nodded, then frowned, "Well, the important thing is that we can't let the gas hit anyone during the attack. As unpleasant as the temporary disruption of the link between a Mage and the Avatar is going to be, it is going to be temporary... Mia forgive me, but if I have to run into that gas on my own to carry those people out between the battle and your departure, I can do no less than try to save them... cut off the room, and let us hope they have enough air to last for the duration..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Hospital October:

Colin grinned, "And regardless of scrying, we can all do what we can to make the coming years as good as can be."

"Very true it is on all of us to try what we can to make a good future for ourself, and to remember to stop and enjoy the good times we get, though doing so often can be one of the most hard things to do."
Ange said and nodded.

He nodded, "True enough. I would feel a lot better if I knew she had companions, but... perhaps she'll get some eventually. And at the very least, she might find strange new worlds to explore."

"I hope that she will eventually find some companions but yes chances are she will explore wonders you and I can only imagine."
The Cultist said and smiled.

Labyrinth Now:

He nodded, then frowned, "Well, the important thing is that we can't let the gas hit anyone during the attack. As unpleasant as the temporary disruption of the link between a Mage and the Avatar is going to be, it is going to be temporary... Mia forgive me, but if I have to run into that gas on my own to carry those people out between the battle and your departure, I can do no less than try to save them... cut off the room, and let us hope they have enough air to last for the duration..."

You felt Mia scowling at you a bit. Dalisse looked rather concerned.
"That is a brave thing to do Colin but if the gas do what you say the result of it would be excruciatingly painful...I would hate for you to go though that."
She said then she sigh.
"But very well i will seal the Prelate's lab from the rest of the air supply when the fighting start and I hope I will be able to teleport the prisoners out if it comes to that."
She agreed but she clearly did not like that idea.
"My...Gift was banished from my...soul I remember the...agony of..."
The Handler said and she turned very pale and looked away.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 pm

"Really? Do you know what sort of man this Wallace Jace is?"
Dion asked.
"Do you think our guys will be able to take him out and come back home safely?"

"From what I've heard he's your run of the mill evil Technocrat. Does a bunch of weird experiments and is probably enhanced himself in several ways with those experiments. Not to mention those oil spirits that attacked us are connected with him through spinal fluids I think? I've been told that he likes to experiment on live biomass as well....." Serge said straining to remember the several bits and pieces he had heard about the man.

"Personality wise, I believe he was described as 'not as bad as the other's but still really bad.'. Though I doubt that's really true." Serge said remembering Kyle's description of the man.

"As for whether or not our guys will be able to take him out. Of course they can!" Serge said reassuringly.

"No matter how powerful this guy is, he's still one guy against a group of seasoned warriors and powerful mages. We've seen one of his tricks and I'm certain Master Morgan knows a few other things about the man. As long as he doesn't see them coming I'm sure our guys will be fine."" Serge said confidently.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm

You felt Mia scowling at you a bit. Dalisse looked rather concerned.
"That is a brave thing to do Colin but if the gas do what you say the result of it would be excruciatingly painful...I would hate for you to go though that."
She said then she sigh.
"But very well i will seal the Prelate's lab from the rest of the air supply when the fighting start and I hope I will be able to teleport the prisoners out if it comes to that."
She agreed but she clearly did not like that idea.
"My...Gift was banished from my...soul I remember the...agony of..."
The Handler said and she turned very pale and looked away.
Colin frowned and nodded, "Someone tried to tear her away from me this week... I was unprepared for the pain then. As I understand the description of Jace's gas, the effect is less painful, but highly disorienting... I would hate to go through that, too, but if it can save people, and as it is only temporary... I am willing to make that sacrifice if necessary. But I am not willing to send someone else in to do it."
He pondered, "Of course, Linear Magi might be able to evacuate the prisoners without harm - but the first priority needs to be preventing the gas from being dispersed throughout the ship."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:33 pm

"Let her go brat!" The older woman said and there was menace in her voice but also alarm, she was clearly concerned about the younger mage's safety.

By the tone in her voice, he guessed apprentice or relative. He didn't let her go, but was not actively trying to cause her pain of suffering - simply stop her from being able to cast her spell. He didn't want to enflame the elder maga either, however seeing the sign from his pater he tried to keep the spell in place. He could feel the Reckoner looking sideways at him - it didn't care if he was ultimately doing it to save the universe or because he used a spell for shits and giggles, paradox was like that and there wasn't much to do but accept the consequences. Perhaps personifying it somewhat was just a human way to deal with it, though he knew it was not quite the case. But he hadn't a better way to forestall things in time without causing the elder maga to flip out and cause the shitstorm she so wanted.

// thanks everyone : )

Also, since Adley is casting and holding a spell, he hasn't responded to the message, I just bumped up that part so I wouldn't lose it later if that wasn't clear. I will add the dox point. Do you need another arete roll to continue the hold of the spell?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 am

Adley:

By the tone in her voice, he guessed apprentice or relative. He didn't let her go, but was not actively trying to cause her pain of suffering - simply stop her from being able to cast her spell. He didn't want to enflame the elder maga either, however seeing the sign from his pater he tried to keep the spell in place. He could feel the Reckoner looking sideways at him - it didn't care if he was ultimately doing it to save the universe or because he used a spell for shits and giggles, paradox was like that and there wasn't much to do but accept the consequences. Perhaps personifying it somewhat was just a human way to deal with it, though he knew it was not quite the case. But he hadn't a better way to forestall things in time without causing the elder maga to flip out and cause the shitstorm she so wanted.

The young mage struggled against your magick grip, you could almost feel her thin fingers move in your grip, in a less stressful situation you might have paused to be proud of how detailed your workings had now how much finesse it took to feel that, but right now holding her took more than enough.
"Where is Jace?"
Jeffry asked the older woman and she sigh.
"Third floor, he have a lab in the biochemistry department with a secret room behind the main lab or his experiments."
She said.
"Listen that is all I know it is not my job to ask question I get the products the customer wants that is all."
She said and she glanced over at Julianna. Jeffry hesitated then he nodded and sigh.
"We can not take them as prisoners or risk a fight with them right here let the..."
He begun to say when a woman in a black skirt and gold colored shirt, she was tall and beautiful and looked to be in her mid 40.
"Whatever you do...do not let that creature go..."
The woman yelled and Lily looked at her for a moment then she flicked a gesture in your direction and cut though the power of your spell and she grabbed the younger woman by the wrist and tried to run. Your magick offering no resistance to the older maga's power.

(OOC: No he can hold it until Lily decide enough of this and try to run.)

Colin:

Colin frowned and nodded, "Someone tried to tear her away from me this week... I was unprepared for the pain then. As I understand the description of Jace's gas, the effect is less painful, but highly disorienting... I would hate to go through that, too, but if it can save people, and as it is only temporary... I am willing to make that sacrifice if necessary. But I am not willing to send someone else in to do it."

Dalisse looked at you for a moment then she gave you a kind smile.
"You are a brave man Colin I respect that. I hope it will not be necessary though."
She commented.

He pondered, "Of course, Linear Magi might be able to evacuate the prisoners without harm - but the first priority needs to be preventing the gas from being dispersed throughout the ship."

"Most methods that can harm an Avatar is not able to harm a sleeping Gift deep in the soul of a host so if a hedge wizard can get the prisoners out that will be better, but let us hope the gas is not released at all."
The Handler said but she looked rather concerned.

Serge:

"From what I've heard he's your run of the mill evil Technocrat. Does a bunch of weird experiments and is probably enhanced himself in several ways with those experiments. Not to mention those oil spirits that attacked us are connected with him through spinal fluids I think? I've been told that he likes to experiment on live biomass as well....." Serge said straining to remember the several bits and pieces he had heard about the man.

Dion looked at you looking really worried now.
"That really do not sound good Mr Yager, that really do not sound good at all."
The Chorister exclaimed.

"Personality wise, I believe he was described as 'not as bad as the other's but still really bad.'. Though I doubt that's really true." Serge said remembering Kyle's description of the man.

"Perhaps the man is kind towards his own gang, but he do not sound like he is very kind to those he likes to experiment on."

"As for whether or not our guys will be able to take him out. Of course they can!" Serge said reassuringly.

"I hope you are right Mr Yager. I hope you are right and that our guys do not get hurt, I do not want to loose anyone else."
The young Singer said softly and she looked at you sadly.

"No matter how powerful this guy is, he's still one guy against a group of seasoned warriors and powerful mages. We've seen one of his tricks and I'm certain Master Morgan knows a few other things about the man. As long as he doesn't see them coming I'm sure our guys will be fine."" Serge said confidently.

"That is the problem now is it not, when it comes to owerful magi it often comes down to who sees who first."
Dion said.
"But yeah you are right, off course they will be able to take this Jace person down, off chourse they have to, and we have to believe that they will there are no other choice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:09 pm

"Perhaps the man is kind towards his own gang, but he do not sound like he is very kind to those he likes to experiment on."

"I'm not sure 'kind' is the right word. Tolerates may be more appropriate. From the things I've heard, the nephandi don't really like each other all that much." Serge said with a sigh.

"That is the problem now is it not, when it comes to owerful magi it often comes down to who sees who first."
Dion said.
"But yeah you are right, off course they will be able to take this Jace person down, off chourse they have to, and we have to believe that they will there are no other choice."

"Yeah! No point in bringing ourselves down. And I'll let you in on another little fact. You remember those spirits that were connected to this Jace dude? Well Deaconess O'Conner turned two of those spirits into kittens and she still has them.  In fact I bet Master Morgan or the Deaconess has a plan to neutralize Jace using what is essentially a large arcane connection in cat-form." Serge said hoping to give Dion something something more tangible rather than blind hope.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:55 pm

"I'm not sure 'kind' is the right word. Tolerates may be more appropriate. From the things I've heard, the nephandi don't really like each other all that much." Serge said with a sigh.

"You may be right, I have never really spoken with a Nephandus, but they are trying to destroy the world and I guess that do not make for the most harmonious gang."
Dion said and sigh.

"Yeah! No point in bringing ourselves down. And I'll let you in on another little fact. You remember those spirits that were connected to this Jace dude? Well Deaconess O'Conner turned two of those spirits into kittens and she still has them. In fact I bet Master Morgan or the Deaconess has a plan to neutralize Jace using what is essentially a large arcane connection in cat-form." Serge said hoping to give Dion something something more tangible rather than blind hope.

"Those oil slick cats the Deaconess have had with her all morning?"
The Chorister asked.
"That is brilliant, I hope it works for what would be one hell of an Arcane Connection, and while I do not want to wish ill on someone I hope they get this Jace Serge I hope they get him good."
She said bitterly.
"He deserve it!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 pm

"Listen that is all I know it is not my job to ask question I get the products the customer wants that is all." She said and she glanced over at Julianna. Jeffry hesitated then he nodded and sigh. "We can not take them as prisoners or risk a fight with them right here let the..." He begun to say when a woman in a black skirt and gold colored shirt, she was tall and beautiful and looked to be in her mid 40. "Whatever you do...do not let that creature go..."

Honestly, he hadn't the time to even react to the order one way or the other before Lily cut his spell. It felt like a fishing line breaking and the fish swimming away and he instinctively took a slight step back as the pair began to run off. He wasn't sure who this person was, but they had to try to capture them again in any case or it would look bad for them. If the pair were not very far away and he thought a sprint might intercept, he'd try that first. Given the limitations he felt he had for his injury though he had to decide if risking another spell was worth it, so it depended which way they were heading.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:02 pm

"You may be right, I have never really spoken with a Nephandus, but they are trying to destroy the world and I guess that do not make for the most harmonious gang."
Dion said and sigh.

"I've had the pleasure of speaking to three today. They tell some interesting stories when their restrained and not actively trying to kill you." Serge said nonchalantly.

"Those oil slick cats the Deaconess have had with her all morning?"
The Chorister asked.
"That is brilliant, I hope it works for what would be one hell of an Arcane Connection, and while I do not want to wish ill on someone I hope they get this Jace Serge I hope they get him good."
She said bitterly.
"He deserve it!"

"After what he did he definitely does." Serge said with a smile.

"And once we take him down that's another step closer to completing our goal." Serge reasoned.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Adley:

Lily dragged the other woman along and they fled they seamed to be heading down the riverside, either towards the parking lot or perhaps towards the nearby wooded area where she would be freer to cast spell, perhaps she intended to flee though the Umbra or teleport away. Jeffry headed after the two women, and so did the rest of your through and while everyone where running now the sleepers that passed by hardly payed the magi any heed, perhaps due to the spell Adley had cast earlier.

Serge:

"I've had the pleasure of speaking to three today. They tell some interesting stories when their restrained and not actively trying to kill you." Serge said nonchalantly.

"Well I guess everyone need some company when they are captured by the enemy and are alone and scared, even Nephandi."
Dion said and frowned.
"I mean they are human after all, despite what else they are."

"After what he did he definitely does." Serge said with a smile.

The Chorister nodded darkly at that.

"And once we take him down that's another step closer to completing our goal." Serge reasoned.

Dion nodded in agreement at that.
"Yes that we will be but it will be a dangerous thing to do, to take him down but it needs to be done we can not let him hurt anyone else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

"Well I guess everyone need some company when they are captured by the enemy and are alone and scared, even Nephandi."
Dion said and frowned.
"I mean they are human after all, despite what else they are."

"That's right, they are still human. And it's important that we remember that. A lot of dark emotion awaken as these wars progress but it's important not to lose your humanity." Serge said sadly, remembering Cadence alone and scared tied to a shelf.

Dion nodded in agreement at that.
"Yes that we will be but it will be a dangerous thing to do, to take him down but it needs to be done we can not let him hurt anyone else."

Serge nodded in agreement at Dion's statement.

After Dion left, Serge went back and rejoined the guessing game.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm

"That's right, they are still human. And it's important that we remember that. A lot of dark emotion awaken as these wars progress but it's important not to lose your humanity." Serge said sadly, remembering Cadence alone and scared tied to a shelf.

"Yes you are right Mr Yager it is important to to forget that our enemies are human, it is important that we do not become as evil as they are with how we treat them."
She said.
"And once captured they...well they must be scared we owe it to our own sense of decency to show them some kindness for whatever short time they have left."

Serge nodded in agreement at Dion's statement.

The Chorister just looked at you for a moment but she said nothing further.

After Dion left, Serge went back and rejoined the guessing game.

When you returned to the table Jane where busy drawing a big pink car and the others where guessing.
"Ah you are back sit back down Cousin."
Rosa said.
"We are trying to figure out what Jane is drawing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Dalisse looked at you for a moment then she gave you a kind smile.
"You are a brave man Colin I respect that. I hope it will not be necessary though."
She commented.
Colin nodded, "Oh, I agree - I hope it won't be necessary, but all the same, my conscience could not allow me to simply dismiss them as 'acceptable collateral damage' or something equally cynical. People are people, and it is the soldier's duty to protect civilians... Always has been, always will be, even if it has been temporarily forgotten from time to time..."

"Most methods that can harm an Avatar is not able to harm a sleeping Gift deep in the soul of a host so if a hedge wizard can get the prisoners out that will be better, but let us hope the gas is not released at all."
The Handler said but she looked rather concerned.
He nodded briskly, "Precisely... Oh, bugger, almost forgot..."
He quickly sent a message to Narim, 'Urgent, forward warning to each member of hospital team: Jace may be aided by Lily, kidnapper and Cult's Most Wanted. If encountered, do not negotiate, do not allow escape. Kill if necessary. May be accompanied by current apprentice Julianna Essen.'
He frowned, "Sorry... urgent warning about Jace's... human resources agent. Right, enough distractions for me, I believe... shall we get started, then? A ranged attack wrapped in obfuscation and disinformation about its origin..."
He fished out his Chaos wand and gave it a little twirl as he pocketed his phone again, "This time, no disruptions, I hope..."

((OOC: Where the heck did the day go?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 pm

When you returned to the table Jane where busy drawing a big pink car and the others where guessing.
"Ah you are back sit back down Cousin."
Rosa said.
"We are trying to figure out what Jane is drawing."

"Looks like a car Princess Katie would drive." Serge said humorously as he sat back down in his original spot. "Did you guess a car?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole will use the opportunity to deliver a swift kick or shove to the woman's torso, to get her out of her face. Then will look to Fran, then to what she was looking at with a puzzled look on her face.

[Sorry about vanishment... Mr Internet decided I needed to have four/half days off. Wouldn't have minded so much if it didn't keep on saying 'everything is fine' when I bitched about lack of it.]

[Useful links are useful. I'll have a root around and see if I've got any kicking around. I did know a *very* good one which listed every MtA Rote ever listed in a book, but it got killed by lawyers. *shakes fist*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 am

Nicole:

Nicole will use the opportunity to deliver a swift kick or shove to the woman's torso, to get her out of her face. Then will look to Fran, then to what she was looking at with a puzzled look on her face.

You delivered a swift kick to the Nephanda's chest and she gave a dismayed grunt as you kicked her to the ground, she was struggling to get back to her feet but you got a bit of a respite.
"Fuck this little dipshit have opened the portal fully!"
Fran shouted and she struggeled to hold the Nephandic Technomancer down.

From outside you heard several cars stopping, hopefully it was your backup getting her early and not the Nephandi who where getting reinforcements.

(OOC: Not a problem my internet decided to be a dick yesterday as well.)

Serge:

"Looks like a car Princess Katie would drive." Serge said humorously as he sat back down in his original spot. "Did you guess a car?"

"Yeah Princess Katie needs one of these."
Jane said as she begun to add eyes to the car and big monster teeth and pink spikes on the wheels and it was driving over a smaller blue car.
"I tried to guess car."
Rosa said.
"It apparently was not correct."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Oh, I agree - I hope it won't be necessary, but all the same, my conscience could not allow me to simply dismiss them as 'acceptable collateral damage' or something equally cynical. People are people, and it is the soldier's duty to protect civilians... Always has been, always will be, even if it has been temporarily forgotten from time to time..."

The Handler nodded approvingly.
"Oh I agree Colin but even so most would not be willing to accept pain or danger to themselves to save civilians."
She said.
"You are a good man."
She added and smiled.
"Hopefully I will be able to teleport them out or the gas will never be released."

He nodded briskly, "Precisely... Oh, bugger, almost forgot..."
He quickly sent a message to Narim, 'Urgent, forward warning to each member of hospital team: Jace may be aided by Lily, kidnapper and Cult's Most Wanted. If encountered, do not negotiate, do not allow escape. Kill if necessary. May be accompanied by current apprentice Julianna Essen.'

Adley your phone made the message sound again, and this time so did the phones of every member of your party other than Raven and the Deaconess who where not close enough to hear right now. When you got around to reading the next you will se it was from Narim and he wrote:

"Mr W asked me to send this to you all:
'Urgent, forward warning to each member of hospital team: Jace may be aided by Lily, kidnapper and Cult's Most Wanted. If encountered, do not negotiate, do not allow escape. Kill if necessary. May be accompanied by current apprentice Julianna Essen.' "

He frowned, "Sorry... urgent warning about Jace's... human resources agent. Right, enough distractions for me, I believe... shall we get started, then? A ranged attack wrapped in obfuscation and disinformation about its origin..."
He fished out his Chaos wand and gave it a little twirl as he pocketed his phone again, "This time, no disruptions, I hope..."

"Yes...three spells in quick sucsession, first taking Quintessence from the Node, then a attack on Lady Larson to try to destroy the vial of blood she have on her person and an attemnt to obsuscate where the attack came from...let us begin with the Node."
Dalisse said and she begun to form her hands into the starting sigils and she drew a deep breath.
"If you will allow me to lead the ritual then Colin?"

(OOC: Yeah I wonder about the same thing. I was sort of eaten by a TV show yesterday and I was only planning on seeing a few episodes, sorry for my slow response.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 am

The Handler nodded approvingly.
"Oh I agree Colin but even so most would not be willing to accept pain or danger to themselves to save civilians."
She said.
"You are a good man."
She added and smiled.
"Hopefully I will be able to teleport them out or the gas will never be released."
Colin smiled wryly, "I've been trained well... And yes, let us hope the gas remains sealed."

"Yes...three spells in quick sucsession, first taking Quintessence from the Node, then a attack on Lady Larson to try to destroy the vial of blood she have on her person and an attemnt to obsuscate where the attack came from...let us begin with the Node."
Dalisse said and she begun to form her hands into the starting sigils and she drew a deep breath.
"If you will allow me to lead the ritual then Colin?"
He nodded, and started concentrating, "You will have to reach out to the Node, since I cannot - so I will follow your lead. Draw from Node, funnel Quintessence into brute force of attack, and wrap the whole thing in an unidentifiable Resonance... Please commence."

((OOC: So, just to clarify, we're making the Arete rolls for all three effects at once, or one at a time? Seems like the former is the right interpretation here, but I could be misreading it all.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I've been trained well... And yes, let us hope the gas remains sealed."

Dalisse grinned a little at that then she turned serious.
"I will destroy the gas once I have escaped if it remains sealed, no one needs that kind of weapon."
The Handler said darkly.

He nodded, and started concentrating, "You will have to reach out to the Node, since I cannot - so I will follow your lead. Draw from Node, funnel Quintessence into brute force of attack, and wrap the whole thing in an unidentifiable Resonance... Please commence."

Dalisse nodded and she started chanting softly as she moved her hands into elegant spirals over the table, you begun to feel the presence of the Node, the power it contained, it was a heavily Entropic Node so it was not comfortable to use it felt a little like bathing in the rotted corpse of some great animal but it was power there alright and you begun to eel it's flow as it was gathered.

(OOC: Well it is three distinct workings but we can do the rolls all at once for expediency. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:53 pm

"Yeah Princess Katie needs one of these."
Jane said as she begun to add eyes to the car and big monster teeth and pink spikes on the wheels and it was driving over a smaller blue car.
"I tried to guess car."
Rosa said.
"It apparently was not correct."

"Is it a monster truck?" Serge said with a smile. "Driving over another truck is about the most monster truckish thing you can do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next