Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 22 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Adley Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Ange considered for a moment then she said. "I suggjest that we dose him with that horrid serum that block magick, and take him out through the Umbra after he have been physically restrained as well, if any of his victim is still alive we get them medical aid." She said and Jeffry nodded. "Sounds fair enough Doctor, we have to see what the situation is but I think that is probably the best way to go about it even if it might risk some Paradox." He said then he turned to you. "Unless you had another idea mea filius?"

He nodded at Ange and then said to his mentor, "No other ideas, sir." He stood ready to go, with the pair of mages he was told to help protect. They had prepared as best they could and now they had to see what situation they were going to face. And what had befallen the Nephandi's victims.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 22 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm

They're Eyeing us, we must remain vigilant. At least they can't take us by surprise. He commented We should take more security measures.

She wanted to meet a member of the Kopa Loei who joined the Dreamspeakers.

Yeah, i remember. She's to be told that i'm comming in a couple hours. Right now i'm at home picking up my brother to go to an appointment with the werewolves. They summoned us to discuss the war, so we can't delay it, but as soon as i return to town i can go see her. Or she could be given my number to talk on the road.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Tane:

They're Eyeing us, we must remain vigilant. At least they can't take us by surprise. He commented We should take more security measures.

"Perhaps but I have the feeling they where just checking out if we had any defenses and what those defenses are."
Alessa said and frowned.
"I have put some of myself to keep watch, but I have this nagging feeling that trouble is coming...and regarding that Tane, is there any chance you could get you mage friends to take Strawberry and Paula in for a little while, both me and Coawa can take care of ourselves but Paula have just gone through er first change well as close as they get to that with Rokea making her a child among fera and Strawberry well look at her, I do not want her to get hurt."
The Ananasi said and pointed at the tiny, white rat who had managed to get a reddish out of the vegetable tray and who now looked up when she heard her name mentioned looking a bit confused, she did not exactly look like a formidable fighter.

Adley:

He nodded at Ange and then said to his mentor, "No other ideas, sir." He stood ready to go, with the pair of mages he was told to help protect. They had prepared as best they could and now they had to see what situation they were going to face. And what had befallen the Nephandi's victims.

Your group moved through the biochemistry department of the hospital and really the most creepy thing was how normal everything where, there where several labs with patients waiting outside to have various samples taken, doctors and nurses moved to and from going about their day. You heard two nurses discuss what brand of hair dye would be best to use to have one of the pair go from blond to brunette, it was all so normal, none of these sleepers knew that just around the corner where an evil mage with gas that would expel a soul from it's host and no one knew that the small group of people walking where where anything but patients and their friends and family sent here for testing, for most of these sleepers it was just Sunday, it might be a sucky Sunday as some of them where sick and very few enjoyed having various samples of bodily fluids taken, and the hospital staff would probably prefer to be home with their families on the weekend but it was still just Sunday but for you and your small group it was war and you where going into a battle you did not know if you would survive.
"I find it likely out target have warded his lab to make sleepers not take notice of it, to give him privacy."
Ange said and Jeffry nodded at that.
"I concur Doctor."
He said as he turned a corner, crossed a hallway and then you where there by the right door, your Mentor reached out and checked the door carefully, it was locked.
"I will use Ars to disable to locks, then we move in quickly and discreetly, get ready please."
He told you and the others.

Serge:

"Liv's right! And the gummy candy ones are the best!" Serge said excitedly.

"Yeah they are pretty good."
Jane said and smiled before she turned to Liv to translate to her that she where right and that made the young Hermetic smile.

"Yeah I was going with the whole 'B' pattern on the pills." he explained pointing to each of his pills.

"I should have guessed that already Sir."
Yu Die said.
"In hindsight it was pretty obvious."

"So I guess it's Liv's turn now. You get the last one in the pile." Serge said glancing at the last note and wondering what it held.

Liv drew the note, used Rosa's phone to translate the word and then begun to draw a city with simple skyscrapers that where rectangles with allot of windows and when she drew rain clouds over the buildings, many rain clouds raining down on the city, the young mage smiling a little as she drew.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Probably blood thinners or something... Much as Jace is a monster, I do believe his sense of self-interest has ensured he has done everything to keep you as healthy and safe as is within his power."

"Why would it be good to have thin blood?"
Dalisse asked confused then she nodded.
"The Prelatus is a monster towards everyone else but he treat members of this Labyrinth decently for the most part, me included but no he would not want me to die and have the ship just decide to rebel no."

He smiled wryly, "None of us exists in a vacuum."

"That is true and many spirits have a problem understanding that not everyone are the same as them, or understand the world from their limited but perfect point of view."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "True enough, but I think it works a bit like this - the Union draws strength and influence from large, rigid organizations. Atheism is not so organized, and there's abundant room for a sense of wonder and curiosity... Too many religious institutions are no longer about Faith at all, just about controlling their congregations, women and children in particular. That sort of enslaving mindset is what strengthens the Union, not whether or not one believes in the supernatural..."

"Perhaps so, but there is as I understand it a growing number of Atheist who are less interested in wonder and more interested in ridiculing and belittling anyone with any supernatural beliefs. The Union are about control but control is not the goal in itself, the goal is to stomp out anything supernatural so it would say these Atheists serve their purposes more than religions do, Technocrats wonder but they are not allowed to believe in anything not proven by someone in a white coat."
Dalisse protested.

He smiled, "Yes, you would be a great Navigator, if you could be away from the ship for that long... The noise and crowds, though... perhaps not so much scary, as merely stuffy and uncomfortable."

"I could leave this room but not control the ship when I am not in this chamber so it would be unwise of me to do so...and it is a bit scary for me with a crowd since I have lived in this wast chamber with only some visitors now and again for centuries."
She said.
"But I am happy here...though I long for the Deep, we should not be this close to physical reality for this long."
She added sadly.

He frowned, "Someone used... ah, bugger, my side opened up by lobbing a fireball through the entrance or something, didn't they? I told them to avoid hurting the ship..."

"Fire...explosion...little metal pieces...pain..."
The Handler groaned.

He gently picked her up and carried her carefully over to place her on her bed, "Will you both be alright, though? Can you tell me the moment the battle's decided, so I can let my people know to heal the ship, or at least ease its pain and bloody well apologize?"

Dalisse where so light, and carrying her you could feel how frail she where, it was like handling a fragile old porcelain doll or a bird with their hollow bones. The Handler nodded and groaned.
"Yes we will heal...it just hurts...and my ship...is scared...I will let you know...yes they should apologize...he can still fight...try to grab some of the Fallen...I will tell him to...do so..."
She managed though she where clearly in allot of pain.
"It burns..."
She whimpered and curled up into a little ball on her bed, her fins twitching.
"It burns..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Liv drew the note, used Rosa's phone to translate the word and then begun to draw a city with simple skyscrapers that where rectangles with allot of windows and when she drew rain clouds over the buildings, many rain clouds raining down on the city, the young mage smiling a little as she drew.

"Kinda reminds me of New York." Serge commented as he watched the young girl draw.

Tane:

Yeah, i remember. She's to be told that i'm comming in a couple hours. Right now i'm at home picking up my brother to go to an appointment with the werewolves. They summoned us to discuss the war, so we can't delay it, but as soon as i return to town i can go see her. Or she could be given my number to talk on the road.

"Ummm..." Serge stammered as he glanced back at the heavily injured traumatized women who was now currently resting on Dr. Lee's sofa.

"I don't think I'll be saying anything to her for a while. She's quite injured and is currently resting with Dr. Lee. I can give your message to Dr. Lee if that's alright." Serge offered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Liv shook her head when you suggested New York.
"Is it Seattle?"
Rosa asked.
"I have visited that city with my parents some years back and it raided allot."
Liv smiled and nodded and put the note that said Seattle on the table then she said something to Jane who translated.
"It is Seattle, she learned about all the rain there in school, she says Seattle have about the same reputation for rain in USA as the Norwegian city that have the same name as her do in Norway."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

"Why would it be good to have thin blood?"
Dalisse asked confused then she nodded.
"The Prelatus is a monster towards everyone else but he treat members of this Labyrinth decently for the most part, me included but no he would not want me to die and have the ship just decide to rebel no."
Colin shook his head, "Normally, it is not - but if you grow new tissue with lots of tiny blood vessels, it seems very likely you would rather have thin blood than thick blood. Essentially, blood thinners are drugs that help prevent clotting."

"Perhaps so, but there is as I understand it a growing number of Atheist who are less interested in wonder and more interested in ridiculing and belittling anyone with any supernatural beliefs. The Union are about control but control is not the goal in itself, the goal is to stomp out anything supernatural so it would say these Atheists serve their purposes more than religions do, Technocrats wonder but they are not allowed to believe in anything not proven by someone in a white coat."
Dalisse protested.
He nodded, "This is true, there is a faction of Atheists on the rise, at the very least in absolute numbers if not in relative numbers, who use the exact same shitty logic as the God-botherers - emotional manipulation instead of rational, logical arguments... And that faction is the Union-serving one, not concerned with the deeper concerns so much as the means to control the masses. It is true that the Union's goal in and of itself does not seem to be Control - but Control is the simplest, most direct means of achieving their sterile, cold world so devoid of miracles... Using religion as a political and sociological tool, as such, is efficient and deplorable."

"I could leave this room but not control the ship when I am not in this chamber so it would be unwise of me to do so...and it is a bit scary for me with a crowd since I have lived in this wast chamber with only some visitors now and again for centuries."
She said.
"But I am happy here...though I long for the Deep, we should not be this close to physical reality for this long."
She added sadly.
He nodded, then chuckled, "On the other hand, the ship would make one hell of a convention site... provided, of course, the ship could be persuaded to not eat all the strange little morsels scampering around."

"Fire...explosion...little metal pieces...pain..."
The Handler groaned.
He frowned, "Shrapnel grenade or bomb, then, not just fireball... Bugger..."

Dalisse where so light, and carrying her you could feel how frail she where, it was like handling a fragile old porcelain doll or a bird with their hollow bones. The Handler nodded and groaned.
"Yes we will heal...it just hurts...and my ship...is scared...I will let you know...yes they should apologize...he can still fight...try to grab some of the Fallen...I will tell him to...do so..."
She managed though she where clearly in allot of pain.
"It burns..."
She whimpered and curled up into a little ball on her bed, her fins twitching.
"It burns..."
He frowned, "Let me try to calm him, I have been through pain and fire and shrapnel before..."
He gently took Dalisse's hand in his, palm open, so she would be the one to squeeze, and focused on the memory of healing after he was shot down; the care of the nurses, the pain relief, the sense of flesh knitting together again as it should be... trying to distract the ship from the present pain by pointing to the pain relief in the future...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:30 pm

That there was a Nephandi here in a hospital, where there were sure to be at least some Technocrats or surveillance as well as Tradition mages, was a ballsy move. He hid himself there, tucked in a nest of sleepers, who had no idea and really that was probably for the best that they didn't know. The world of sleepers had started to take on a sort of dreamlike quality as the week stretched into another week and as he lost his normal amount of contact with it. By day he'd been a teacher at college and a colleague had turned out to be a vampire and a student in his own class awakened. That college was next to a gate to a powerful chantry. The hospital they were in, renown as it was, hosted a dangerous and amoral mage. It was like pulling up a rug and noticing there were roaches just below the surface of everything that looked clean and tidy. The sleepers didn't know, they generally couldn't see and didn't want to and had enough bad shit happen anyway that they didn't often need a further explanation. Walking down the hallway was a sutltle reminder of what was at stake, both immediately and in the near future for both all of these Sleepers and everyone with them. Somewhen, they had died - in some fate, they had met the gas unprepared and it had factored majorly. Though that had been accounted for, it was still bound to be dangerous and disturbing.

"I find it likely out target have warded his lab to make sleepers not take notice of it, to give him privacy." Ange said and Jeffry nodded at that. "I concur Doctor." He said as he turned a corner, crossed a hallway and then you where there by the right door, your Mentor reached out and checked the door carefully, it was locked. "I will use Ars to disable to locks, then we move in quickly and discreetly, get ready please."

He gave a nod, checked the map one more time to see if he could tell where the man was located in the room beyond. Then he moved himself into a position and ready to guard the others and have a view through the door at an angle, if possible.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Liv shook her head when you suggested New York.
"Is it Seattle?"
Rosa asked.
"I have visited that city with my parents some years back and it raided allot."
Liv smiled and nodded and put the note that said Seattle on the table then she said something to Jane who translated.
"It is Seattle, she learned about all the rain there in school, she says Seattle have about the same reputation for rain in USA as the Norwegian city that have the same name as her do in Norway."

"Damn. Seattle makes a lot more sense when you think about it." Serge said with a smile.

"Well it look's like we're done this game. Their's no more pieces left in the pile. So who do you think won overall girls?" Serge asked.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Anja's Post:

Assuming a combat poise and gripping her rifle, Nicole crossed through to the Labyrinth. Deliberately not thinking about the oddness of the décor, mind on the mission; they'd made the beach-head, now to push deeper as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it was now apparently a slogging-match. Moving as much as possible to not present a static target, she'll open fire at the older guy who had shot at her - hoping that the simple mass of firepower and other nasties will overwhelm the enemy before they take too much damage.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 am

I'll take Strawberry, and i'll try to make accomodations for Paula. IN the meantime, i'll ask for them to place some traps here for our better protection. Take all gnosis you can from here, just in case you need it or something happens. He warned them.

I can give your message to Dr. Lee if that's alright.
I belive i don't know this dr lee, but tell him i'm bussy with real pressing matters. Who is this templar that so needs me?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am

Tane:

I'll take Strawberry, and i'll try to make accomodations for Paula. IN the meantime, i'll ask for them to place some traps here for our better protection. Take all gnosis you can from here, just in case you need it or something happens. He warned them.

"Not all of us can take Gnosis in exactly the same way, I will need to contact my Queen for that but yes we will prepare and traps is not a bad idea as long as we do not end up tripping them ourselves."
Alessa said and nodded.
"Thank you for taking Strawberry she is the most important to get out of harms way. Paula is a child but she is a Rokea she will be a fierce fighter, but I would prefer if she did not have to be just yet."
The Ananasi continued. Paula looked up from her plate and stuffed more fish into her mouth.
"Good food."
She announced clearly not caring what you and Alessa where discussing."

(OOC: You have met Richard Lee he is part of the Cabal Tane have been placed with. He is the Akashic healer.)

Nicole:

Assuming a combat poise and gripping her rifle, Nicole crossed through to the Labyrinth. Deliberately not thinking about the oddness of the décor, mind on the mission; they'd made the beach-head, now to push deeper as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it was now apparently a slogging-match. Moving as much as possible to not present a static target, she'll open fire at the older guy who had shot at her - hoping that the simple mass of firepower and other nasties will overwhelm the enemy before they take too much damage.

You move to avoid getting hit, for now Antonio's spell protect you though it seamed whatever the man with the disc like appliance was doing did the same for your rounds hit the air before the older man and fell to the floor. Suddely you saw some long, thing bits of flesh creep out of the wall and grap one of the men shooting at your side by the ankle, the man screamed as he was dragged towards a huge mouth that where opening in the burned wall.

"Consentrate fire on the Technomancer, he is the one protecting the rest, also it seam what we where told where right the walls seams to be helping us"
Darrian said as he took two small bottles out of his pocket and begun mixing the contents together as the others other than Antonio aimed their fire at the man with the disc, trying to break through the kinetic shield at that point to take out the enemy's protection, the man really seamed to use a similar Paradigm to the man that had been taken prisoner in the auto shop, only his science where more sophisticated, it might be he was the prisoner's teacher.

Serge:

"Damn. Seattle makes a lot more sense when you think about it." Serge said with a smile.

Jane translated and Liv nodded at that in agreement with you.

"Well it look's like we're done this game. Their's no more pieces left in the pile. So who do you think won overall girls?" Serge asked.

"Probably you did Sir."
Jane said happily.
"You or Miss Olsen you guessed right allot of time and you are really good at drawing."

Adley:

He gave a nod, checked the map one more time to see if he could tell where the man was located in the room beyond. Then he moved himself into a position and ready to guard the others and have a view through the door at an angle, if possible.

It was hard to glean much from the map about where Wallace Jace might be located, after all only a large square room where marked out. Jeffry opened the door and stepped through, you saw a lab much like the one you had already been in, there where white counters, cabinets with supplies, a chair for patients to sit in and machines for analysis, and then you stepped in and you started to hear soft whimpers of pain. In one part of the room five men and woman where hun from the roof with hooks through their ankles, they where striped, their clothes lay in one corner. Tubes where attached everywhere, in their arms and neck, three in each spine, and some in their private parts to draw out urine and more...personal bodily fluids, these tubes where attached to a machine that where draining the bodily fluids out of the victims, filling up small containers in the back of the machine.

On the floor beside the suspended victims there lay a man passed out on the floor, he was tall with fair hair in a ponytail and wearing black pressed pants, a gray shirt and a white coat, near his hand lay a bone needle and a scalpel he had clearly intended to harvest bone marrow from his victims as well when he had fallen asleep and fallen to the floor.

"If one of you could secure him I will look to the health of the victims and..."
Ange begun but her words stopped as something stepped out from a corner, it was in the shape of a small woman or girl child, and made of the same oil like substance as the spirit who had attacked Steelhaven.
"I am Polly I am Jace as well, I am when he sleeps, I am my security system, leave and bother me no more and you will get to live if you do not I will strengthen myself on your flesh!"
The little oil girl said as she stepped out into the room looking at you with empty, black eyes.

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "Normally, it is not - but if you grow new tissue with lots of tiny blood vessels, it seems very likely you would rather have thin blood than thick blood. Essentially, blood thinners are drugs that help prevent clotting."

Dalisse considered then she nodded.
"That sounds reasonable yes, thank you I think I understand now."
She agreed.

He nodded, "This is true, there is a faction of Atheists on the rise, at the very least in absolute numbers if not in relative numbers, who use the exact same shitty logic as the God-botherers - emotional manipulation instead of rational, logical arguments... And that faction is the Union-serving one, not concerned with the deeper concerns so much as the means to control the masses. It is true that the Union's goal in and of itself does not seem to be Control - but Control is the simplest, most direct means of achieving their sterile, cold world so devoid of miracles... Using religion as a political and sociological tool, as such, is efficient and deplorable."

"I agree that using religion to try to gain control of pepole are deplorable but so is using Atheism for the same, or to try to force everyone into one direction, and the thing is the more sleepers who do not believe in anything spiritual the stronger Paradox get, if the Atheists get their way all magi will be forced from Earth and that serve the Union's goals far more than some mega Church that while immoral still preach a form of magick and keep sleepers believing in the spiritual."
The Handler protested.

He nodded, then chuckled, "On the other hand, the ship would make one hell of a convention site... provided, of course, the ship could be persuaded to not eat all the strange little morsels scampering around."

"He would surely not eat all of them, just the ones who got to close to a maw."
Dalisse said and grinned.
"Some life in here though, some life and joy would be appreciated, I will miss some of these Nephandi when they are all gone and he and me are alone."

He frowned, "Shrapnel grenade or bomb, then, not just fireball... Bugger..."

"I...do not know...what that is...but he is injured...it hurts..."
Dalisse sobbed.

He frowned, "Let me try to calm him, I have been through pain and fire and shrapnel before..."
He gently took Dalisse's hand in his, palm open, so she would be the one to squeeze, and focused on the memory of healing after he was shot down; the care of the nurses, the pain relief, the sense of flesh knitting together again as it should be... trying to distract the ship from the present pain by pointing to the pain relief in the future...

Dalisse's hand holding yours felt like a cold little bit of cobweb or a feather, it was so light but it shivered, you got the feeling that if you wanted to just grabbing her thin hand a little to hard would break it. You could feel the ship's pain and fear, eel the burned walls, the shrapnel stuck in him, you felt the two sides fighting, the group of pawns and three Nephandi hiding behind a kinetic shield, you felt one of your jaws crunching one of the pawns that had gotten close enough to grab, felt the taste of his felsh and juices he was delicious and he never had the time to scream much. You felt the Traditionalists as well, also hiding behind a kinetic shield two sides in the stand still. The ship then turnned his attention to you, he could not understand future or past but your reassurence non the less calmed him and as he calmed so did Dalisse her breath evened out and her twitching and whriting in bed stopped and she just lay still softly whimpering but clearly more in control, her fins who had fallen flat against her body like those of a sick fish begun to rise again and they stopped twitching.
"Thank you...Colin."
The Handler whimpered.
"It is a little better now..."
She muttered with relief in her voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 am

Following the order, Nicole aimed at the new target and opened fire - putting all her faith in her trusty weapon.

[Attempting 'Deadaim']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am

You aimed at the Nephandus with the disc like device and pulled the trigger, the round did not reach him and where stopped by his shield but you saw a small transistor on his tool popped and a bit of smoke rose from it, the man frowned and made some adjustments by pressing buttons on the disc to try to disperse the strain more and he gave you a pretty sour look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am

"I agree that using religion to try to gain control of pepole are deplorable but so is using Atheism for the same, or to try to force everyone into one direction, and the thing is the more sleepers who do not believe in anything spiritual the stronger Paradox get, if the Atheists get their way all magi will be forced from Earth and that serve the Union's goals far more than some mega Church that while immoral still preach a form of magick and keep sleepers believing in the spiritual."
The Handler protested.
Colin nodded, "And there is part of the problem with the big churches now; they've abandoned God for Mammon - making their congregations open their wallets so the preachers can live in ostentatious mansions and have private aircraft, without spending any money to feeding the poor or sheltering the homeless... That shit is as effective in driving people away from Faith as any recruitment done by Atheists, if not more so. That's why I consider the so-called Mega-Churches a bigger problem at this time than the rise of Atheism; the rise of Atheism is fueled by increasingly visible corruption in religion... attack the root of the problem first."

"I...do not know...what that is...but he is injured...it hurts..."
Dalisse sobbed.
He frowned, "A fireball with metal bits in it, basically... Nasty stuff."

Dalisse's hand holding yours felt like a cold little bit of cobweb or a feather, it was so light but it shivered, you got the feeling that if you wanted to just grabbing her thin hand a little to hard would break it. You could feel the ship's pain and fear, eel the burned walls, the shrapnel stuck in him, you felt the two sides fighting, the group of pawns and three Nephandi hiding behind a kinetic shield, you felt one of your jaws crunching one of the pawns that had gotten close enough to grab, felt the taste of his felsh and juices he was delicious and he never had the time to scream much. You felt the Traditionalists as well, also hiding behind a kinetic shield two sides in the stand still. The ship then turnned his attention to you, he could not understand future or past but your reassurence non the less calmed him and as he calmed so did Dalisse her breath evened out and her twitching and whriting in bed stopped and she just lay still softly whimpering but clearly more in control, her fins who had fallen flat against her body like those of a sick fish begun to rise again and they stopped twitching.
"Thank you...Colin."
The Handler whimpered.
"It is a little better now..."
She muttered with relief in her voice.
He focused on the idea that it was going to be alright, that he would heal, once the Fallen and their Pawns were dealt with...
He blinked as the connection receded, smacking his lips and shuddering slightly, "You are welcome... I couldn't tell him directly, or via you, I had to share some memory of healing... Oh, God, I can still taste that poor fellow..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am

Colin nodded, "And there is part of the problem with the big churches now; they've abandoned God for Mammon - making their congregations open their wallets so the preachers can live in ostentatious mansions and have private aircraft, without spending any money to feeding the poor or sheltering the homeless... That shit is as effective in driving people away from Faith as any recruitment done by Atheists, if not more so.

"It will drive some away from religion yes but at the same time the reason these folks can have their private aircraft and mansions is that enough men and women still believe, they might believed in a putrid message but they do believe in an existence beyond the material which do soften up the consensus to magick while believing only in the current scientific Paradigm as the Atheists do strengthen the Union's hold on the world."
Dalisse said.

That's why I consider the so-called Mega-Churches a bigger problem at this time than the rise of Atheism; the rise of Atheism is fueled by increasingly visible corruption in religion... attack the root of the problem first."

"Corruption in religion probably created the current problem I agree and it created the Atheist movement but at the same time now it is a movement and it will not go away if corruption in organized religion dos."

He frowned, "A fireball with metal bits in it, basically... Nasty stuff."

Dalisse moaned in pain and nodded.
"It hurt him...hurt my ship...there are so much fire..."
She whimpered.

He focused on the idea that it was going to be alright, that he would heal, once the Fallen and their Pawns were dealt with...

The ship did seam to understand this to some extent though he did not understand time he understood the sentiment at least.

He blinked as the connection receded, smacking his lips and shuddering slightly, "You are welcome... I couldn't tell him directly, or via you, I had to share some memory of healing... Oh, God, I can still taste that poor fellow..."

"I am sorry Colin...did he eat someone that can be unpleasant to share with him."
Dalisse muttered weakly.
"He likes you he understood the memory of healing I fear he have misunderstood one thing though, when you shared the memory of flying with him and this memory now, he think you are your helicopter and that you are a podling, a young Battle Cruiser...he do not always understand things correctly."
The Handler whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 pm

"It will drive some away from religion yes but at the same time the reason these folks can have their private aircraft and mansions is that enough men and women still believe, they might believed in a putrid message but they do believe in an existence beyond the material which do soften up the consensus to magick while believing only in the current scientific Paradigm as the Atheists do strengthen the Union's hold on the world."
Dalisse said.
Colin nodded, "There are still believers there, yes, but the ones who are are largely older people, while the younger generation is slowly but surely driven off... When the young ones are gone and the old ones are dead, that's when we notice the loss. Which is why cleaning up the churches is more urgent."

"Corruption in religion probably created the current problem I agree and it created the Atheist movement but at the same time now it is a movement and it will not go away if corruption in organized religion dos."
He nodded, "True enough - however, the Atheist movement is not an entirely anti-spiritual movement; there are empiricist and rationalist branches, as well as the spiritual anti-religion groups. Atheism is not a single power bloc, and some groups will lose their impetus if the current problems with corruption in major religion, Christianity in particular, are dealt with. Atheism does, to a lot of people, not mean refuting the supernatural, so much as refusing to believe in and worship gods. Hell, I've met a few self-professed atheists who believe God is real, but hate his guts with a passion - and thus fail to see the inaccuracy of their stated theological stance."

"I am sorry Colin...did he eat someone that can be unpleasant to share with him."
Dalisse muttered weakly.
"He likes you he understood the memory of healing I fear he have misunderstood one thing though, when you shared the memory of flying with him and this memory now, he think you are your helicopter and that you are a podling, a young Battle Cruiser...he do not always understand things correctly."
The Handler whispered.
He chuckled, "Oh, I certainly hope I don't end up like that... then again, I have no idea what my fate will be, and I might experience unlimited potential growth, so... perhaps something of the sort..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Colin nodded, "There are still believers there, yes, but the ones who are are largely older people, while the younger generation is slowly but surely driven off... When the young ones are gone and the old ones are dead, that's when we notice the loss. Which is why cleaning up the churches is more urgent."

"Hum when you put it that way Colin...you may actually be right."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"I guess cleaning up these churches become more important then."

He nodded, "True enough - however, the Atheist movement is not an entirely anti-spiritual movement; there are empiricist and rationalist branches, as well as the spiritual anti-religion groups. Atheism is not a single power bloc, and some groups will lose their impetus if the current problems with corruption in major religion, Christianity in particular, are dealt with. Atheism does, to a lot of people, not mean refuting the supernatural, so much as refusing to believe in and worship gods. Hell, I've met a few self-professed atheists who believe God is real, but hate his guts with a passion - and thus fail to see the inaccuracy of their stated theological stance."

"Well those who do not deny the existence of the spiritual and supernatural would be fine."
Dalisse said.
"It is a movement that oppose all spirituality that worry me, and very often you see this group strongly oppose everyone with any supernatural or spiritual belief trying to brow beat and ridicule anyone their view of science have not declared to be in the right."

He chuckled, "Oh, I certainly hope I don't end up like that... then again, I have no idea what my fate will be, and I might experience unlimited potential growth, so... perhaps something of the sort..."

"I do not think you have to fear it being a prediction Colin, it is just that my ship do not always understand the world around him and he thought your machine was you when you communicated with him...but yes in a way we all grow and evolve so in that way we are all podlings."
The Handler muttered weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Tane:

I belive i don't know this dr lee, but tell him i'm bussy with real pressing matters. Who is this templar that so needs me?

"I don't know, she didn't mention any reason." Serge said nervously.

"She was rescued from some kind of sick Nephandi torture. After we managed to calm her down she asked for you. We didn't want to ask her any further and stress her out anymore."

"Probably you did Sir."
Jane said happily.
"You or Miss Olsen you guessed right allot of time and you are really good at drawing."

"Your all good at drawing. How about we say that everyone wins this time, since none of us were keeping a proper score?" Serge offered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 pm

"Your all good at drawing. How about we say that everyone wins this time, since none of us were keeping a proper score?" Serge offered.

"Ok that works for me Sir."
Yu Die said and the young girls giggled happily. Rosa smiled a little.
"Well since we all won what about some ice cream after the pizza when it gets here?"
The young Cultist said and this was met with enthusiasm from the young mage girls. There was a soft knock on the door and Rosa smiled.
"That is probably the pizza now."
She said and she slowly got to her feet still looking a little tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:45 pm

I have been blessed with a childhood,
BUt most of us can't take the time to be children. I'll do as i can to preserve that, nonetheless.
Tane said purposedly.

I don't know, she didn't mention any reason
can you give her the phone? You worry me
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:51 pm

have been blessed with a childhood,
BUt most of us can't take the time to be children. I'll do as i can to preserve that, nonetheless. Tane said purposedly.

"Thank you, will you be picking Strawberry up on your way back ten? I am skeptical about letting near a pack of Garou, they are often not to friendly with other fera."
Alessa asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm

"Ok that works for me Sir."
Yu Die said and the young girls giggled happily. Rosa smiled a little.
"Well since we all won what about some ice cream after the pizza when it gets here?"
The young Cultist said and this was met with enthusiasm from the young mage girls. There was a soft knock on the door and Rosa smiled.
"That is probably the pizza now."
She said and she slowly got to her feet still looking a little tired.

"Yes! Ice Cream!" Serge agreed excitedly. "Delicious frosty treats in numerous colors! What are your favorite flavors girls?"

As Serge asked, he made sure to keep an eye on Rosa. She still seemed tired but Serge didn't want to treat her like a helpless child by offering to open the door to her own room again.

Tane:

can you give her the phone? You worry me

"The Templar? She's asleep right now and I don't think it's the best idea to disturb her while she's healing. I'll ask Dr. Lee if it's possible." Serge said.

Looking at Dr. Lee Serge asked, "Mr. Karyak wants to speak with Laria. Do you think that's possible right now or would it be best to let her rest?"

He would repeat the doctors answer back to Tane.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

"Yes! Ice Cream!" Serge agreed excitedly. "Delicious frosty treats in numerous colors! What are your favorite flavors girls?"

"I only have vanilla and strawberry unfortunately I am not an ice cream shop but I have chocolate sauce and such."
Rosa said and she smiled a little.
"I like Chocolate best."
Jane said.
"Me to. I like chocolate."
Said Cava.
"I prefer strawberry."
Said Yu Die and Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she likes strawberry fromage best."

As Serge asked, he made sure to keep an eye on Rosa. She still seemed tired but Serge didn't want to treat her like a helpless child by offering to open the door to her own room again.

Rosa gave you a smile then she went to open she spoke with whoever was at the door, found her valet an paid and then returned with the pizza.
"If you could get the plates and such Cousin and some more soda from the fridge...and girls if you tidy up the table enough for me to put the boxes."
The young Cultist asked and the girls jumped to it and tidied away papers and crayons, Cava carefully moving her new paper doll and talking to her.
"Now you sit here Princess Katie so you do not get stains and I will play with you later."

Looking at Dr. Lee Serge asked, "Mr. Karyak wants to speak with Laria. Do you think that's possible right now or would it be best to let her rest?"

He would repeat the doctors answer back to Tane.

"I think it is best to let her rest and Mr Karyak can visit with her the next time he return to the Chantry, she needs her rest and she needs to build some strength after all she have been through."
Richard said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole returned the sour look with one of grim determination, she knew what needed to be done - to keep him distracted, to continue straining his shield while the others worked out a way to either get through or around it.

[Attempting 'Deadaim']

[Thanks for the bonus, Great One!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm

"I only have vanilla and strawberry unfortunately I am not an ice cream shop but I have chocolate sauce and such."
Rosa said and she smiled a little.
"I like Chocolate best."
Jane said.
"Me to. I like chocolate."
Said Cava.
"I prefer strawberry."
Said Yu Die and Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she likes strawberry fromage best."

"You heathens! Vanilla is clearly superior to all others." Serge declared in a joking manner.

Rosa gave you a smile then she went to open she spoke with whoever was at the door, found her valet an paid and then returned with the pizza.
"If you could get the plates and such Cousin and some more soda from the fridge...and girls if you tidy up the table enough for me to put the boxes."
The young Cultist asked and the girls jumped to it and tidied away papers and crayons, Cava carefully moving her new paper doll and talking to her.
"Now you sit here Princess Katie so you do not get stains and I will play with you later."

Serge did as he was told and joined the the young girls as they cleaned up the room and prepared the table. He retrieved plates, glasses, and soda from the fridge and placed them on the table.

He arranged the plates and glasses around the table as artistically as he could hoping to make the mundane act of eating Pizza much more fancy to suit the princess loving girls.

(OOC: Oh I just noticed that! Yeah thanks Anja! Smile )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next