Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 21 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Adley Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Adjan moved along as well, a little bit less elegantly than you who where used to this kind of ritual work but he did fairly well. Jeffry begun to form the wards themselves binding them into small items he had found in his pocket, a button from his jacket, a bag of the Danish candy he liked, his car keys and a small knife, when carried the items would provide the protection, the enchantment where nor permanent but it should last for a few hours, more than enough time to get what was needed done.

Each item came through the ritual process and the effect worked into them and it seemed to go well enough, he thought - at least nothing had gone obviously wrong. When they were through and ended the ritual, he lowered his arms again into a resting posture, so the energy would settle again and bring himself out of his working state.

// that reminds me of when I go into a room and don't remember what I went in there for - maybe that's a Hollow One or orphan variation of the rote. Slightly less nefarious, perhaps - a perimiter enchantment cast on doorways, when you pass through it, you forget the simple task you went in there to do (studies support that doors, physical and virtual, act as natural event boundaries for your brain, so it seems coincidental).

Adley

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 21 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm

"No that should be it, thank you for your help Mr Yager, I should not require any more of your help, our guest here needs to rest, and I think she will at least physically be fine, I would not have been able to treat her without your aid though, you did a good thing her kid."

"It's no problem. I just did a bunch of drawing and talking." Serge said with a smile. He looked down at his sketchbook which now held his finished picture. The Templar, who had started out as a hysterical mess had slowly transformed on his page into a more stable state with the addition of Dr. Lee and himself standing behind her in support.

"Let me know if you need my help with anything else. I'm not doing anything much." Serge said as he got up and made his way back to Rosa's room.

(OOC: I could imagine Serge creating something like that. Runes and drawings etched into a doorway that scatters a person's mind and fills it with unrelated thoughts and emotions to the point where they forget their original intentions.

Sorta like getting lost in a daydream and forgetting everything the Teacher had said and what you were doing in class in the first place, which Serge definitely has experience with. )

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 am

"Yes that would probably help your apprentice, to have someone going through the same thing who can understand and who are the same age."
Dalisse said and nodded in agreement.
"That you have had a phobia though might help you be understanding, many ignore such fears thinking them something the individual need to just get over."
Colin smiled thinly, "I was in a Sleeper war, you know... Even if I hadn't been through it myself, I've seen what Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder does to a person - crippling phobia is but one of the ways it expresses itself... It's not something that is easy to get through, but I've been down that rabbit hole myself, and while my little girl can not get the exact same help I did, I know where to start helping her out of that particular dark pit."

"I have had Custos and pawns but not sleeper staff that do not know about magick. I hope you got good care at the hospital at least."
Dalisse said.
"I do not think I would dare to work with molten metal."
He grimaced, "Luckily, silver cools off very quickly, so it did not stay liquid on my arm for more than mere seconds... It was what is known as a freak accident, the very sort of thing one has insurance for. And the hospital staff were the best Sleeper medicine could provide, I suppose - I could have lost a goodly chunk of the forearm if they were any less, but as it were, I ended up with an impressive scar and a muscle that was a little wonky for a while. Well, until I got a Chantrymate to look at it - he was well able to stimulate its natural recovery."

"I guess it depends on how deep the scar on your arm was, the ones on your face look like they go to the bone."
The Handler said, she was not being mean she just started what she saw, seeing it as a quite natural thing she would have seen far worse during her time with the Nephandi.
"If the scarring on your arm did not go as deeply you should be able to explain it as a treatment that would work on that but not on your face, or off course you could keep your arm covered around her."
He nodded, "True, I have scars down into my skull... and I always wear long sleeves, so keeping my dirty little secret from my clerk should not pose a problem, really. We really don't have that sort of relationship where one's shirt might be flung aside."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"That is good to hear. I wish them the best."
He nodded, "I shall pass on the sentiment."

"That might be a god idea yes, than you Colin."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He carried the pitcher over to the door and set it down on the floor just beside the threshold, then trotted back and snapped his fingers, fishing up his phone and found the camera, "By the way, I have to ask... could I get what is called a selfie with you? A photo of the two of us? You see, when I was temporally dislocated just now, I showed such a photo to a girl who needed some comfort, and a bit of faith in magic. She said you were beautiful, and recognized the Dune similarities..."

((OOC: For Serge, I would recommend the spell Mental Control-Alt-Delete - the target is literally rebooted, their mind going through all the experiences from birth and up to present day, effectively taking them out of the fight for a bit. Enough successes, and they're out of it for quite some time. Imagine the indignity of spending the next half a year going through every single thing you've been through, from learning to walk, potty training, puberty and every good and bad moment of your life... and then return to the present and realize you've missed out on six months of the world simply passing you by while you were stuck in a home for the bewildered... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 am

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "I was in a Sleeper war, you know... Even if I hadn't been through it myself, I've seen what Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder does to a person - crippling phobia is but one of the ways it expresses itself... It's not something that is easy to get through, but I've been down that rabbit hole myself, and while my little girl can not get the exact same help I did, I know where to start helping her out of that particular dark pit."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"I hope she will be ok your apprentice and it sounds like she will ave the help she needs and that makes things easier even i something like that off course is never easy."
The Handler said.
"I remember after I got away from Guernicus, how scared and lost I was, if anything reminded me of what had happened I was right back there in his lab, tied down to a table screaming, every detail perfectly clear...loud noise bothered me, bright light bothered me, I was a mess but slowly with the help of his ship I did recover, I hope your apprentice will as well."
She said softly.

He grimaced, "Luckily, silver cools off very quickly, so it did not stay liquid on my arm for more than mere seconds... It was what is known as a freak accident, the very sort of thing one has insurance for. And the hospital staff were the best Sleeper medicine could provide, I suppose - I could have lost a goodly chunk of the forearm if they were any less, but as it were, I ended up with an impressive scar and a muscle that was a little wonky for a while. Well, until I got a Chantrymate to look at it - he was well able to stimulate its natural recovery."

"I am glad you where alright, it must have been terrifying, that do sound like to much of a scar for laser treatment to fix though you it is probably best not to let your pawn see your arm then."
The Handler said as she looked down at your arm.

He nodded, "True, I have scars down into my skull... and I always wear long sleeves, so keeping my dirty little secret from my clerk should not pose a problem, really. We really don't have that sort of relationship where one's shirt might be flung aside."

"You do not abuse your pawn, this is very good and very kind of you, as for you skull at least when the time come that you die when archeologist find your bones they will stop and wonder, you will not be just one more skull."
The handler said and smiled.

He nodded, "I shall pass on the sentiment."

"Thank you."

He carried the pitcher over to the door and set it down on the floor just beside the threshold, then trotted back and snapped his fingers, fishing up his phone and found the camera, "By the way, I have to ask... could I get what is called a selfie with you? A photo of the two of us? You see, when I was temporally dislocated just now, I showed such a photo to a girl who needed some comfort, and a bit of faith in magic. She said you were beautiful, and recognized the Dune similarities..."

"Thank you for carrying the pitcher for me, when it is full it is hard for me to carry on my own."
The Handler said then she smiled.
"Oh my I do not think anyone have ever taken my phothograph before."
She said then she smiled even more when you said that your friend from the future had called her beautiful and seen the Dune similarities.
"What a sweet child, what is her name?"
She asked then she nodded.
"I have no objections to the picture what do I do?"

(OOC: Oh my that would be a nasty spell, a very, very nasty spell I think Serge might be to kind for it.)

Serge:

"It's no problem. I just did a bunch of drawing and talking." Serge said with a smile. He looked down at his sketchbook which now held his finished picture. The Templar, who had started out as a hysterical mess had slowly transformed on his page into a more stable state with the addition of Dr. Lee and himself standing behind her in support.

Richard looked at you and smiled.
"Well you did a good job Mr Yager. Have you ever considered going into the same profession as your Mentor, we could need more therapists in the Traditions."
He suggested.
"I think you could be good at it."

"Let me know if you need my help with anything else. I'm not doing anything much." Serge said as he got up and made his way back to Rosa's room.

"I will keep that in mind Mr yager and you are keeping our youngest from getting scared during this whole messy situation and that is quite important."
Richard said and he gave you a polite nod as you left. Nico who had been standing in the doorway to the bedroom looking at what where happening in case her help was needed also gave you a slight wave of her hand as you left. You got back to Rosa's room. Yu Die where drawing a picture of a simple stick figure smiling as it was eating a bunch of vegtables and the otheres where guessing. Rosa smile as you entered the apartment.
"Cousin, is everything allight?"
She asked and the girls waved to you.

(OOC: That would work.)

Adley:

Each item came through the ritual process and the effect worked into them and it seemed to go well enough, he thought - at least nothing had gone obviously wrong. When they were through and ended the ritual, he lowered his arms again into a resting posture, so the energy would settle again and bring himself out of his working state.

Jeffry took a deep breath to ground himself. You saw that Adjan picked up his dice and closed his hands around them for a moment then he put them back into his pocket.
"That should do it, thank you for your aid gentlemen."
The old Hermetic said then he handed two of the items to you and Adjan, you got the button, a thorn of button from his coat, it felt good to hold the small, dark gray piece of plastic, it felt protective which indicated that the ritual had worked.

The two Deaconesses where still doing their working though, holdings hands and softly chanting, but the oil kittens where no longer there.

(OOC: That is how one would develop lucid dreaming, well one of the more common methods, every time you pass a doorway you ask yourself, am I dreaming and then you develop the habit so you end up doing it in a dream as well and hopefully that will trigger the dream to become lucid.)

Nicole:

'Might, might not.' Nicole replied, fishing out some washers and shoving them in the bottle. 'All depends on what cover they've got, those fucking shields, how far they are from the explosion... If lucky, some of these babies-' pouring in a few screws for good luck '-will stop in their skin. The explosion itself might disorientate 'em for a second or two, which will give us a little wiggle-room as we go through.' A short pause as she finished off and screwed the cap back on. 'If we can get it through and get the fireball to hit it, that is.' picking up the gift and nodding that she was ready.

"Well if we time it right we might be able to take out a far number of them...I hate hurting anyone but it beats getting my allies hurt, and then drive them into retreat."
Thorn said.
"We should go back to the others then and do this thing."
The healer said then he begun to head back to the rest of the group. Once there Darrian looked up at you.
"Did you get what you needed Miss Bouchard?"
He asked. Antonio handed you a page from his notebook, it was full of script.
"This will ignigte the bottle a few moments after it is thrown if you can attatch it to the bomb itself."
The Hermetic explained. Darrian nodded.
"Ok the rest of us should get ready, a few seconds after the bobmb is thrown we go through and open fire, look for cover but try to take as many of them down as possible."
He ordered. Antonio turned to you.
"I have created a spell that will give us some protection, a modification of the kinetic shiel that will allow bullets to go out but not inn, I will cast it as we go through but I fear it will not last very long."
The Hermetic informed you.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had a few things to do before I could sit down with my computer today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Dalisse nodded at that.
"I hope she will be ok your apprentice and it sounds like she will ave the help she needs and that makes things easier even i something like that off course is never easy."
The Handler said.
"I remember after I got away from Guernicus, how scared and lost I was, if anything reminded me of what had happened I was right back there in his lab, tied down to a table screaming, every detail perfectly clear...loud noise bothered me, bright light bothered me, I was a mess but slowly with the help of his ship I did recover, I hope your apprentice will as well."
She said softly.
Colin nodded, "The most important thing to help is someone willing to shepherd you out of the dark, rather than someone with witless, well-intentioned platitudes..."

"I am glad you where alright, it must have been terrifying, that do sound like to much of a scar for laser treatment to fix though you it is probably best not to let your pawn see your arm then."
The Handler said as she looked down at your arm.
He shrugged, "I didn't really have the time to be truly terrified - it happened too quickly. Had I seen it coming several seconds away, though... and like I said, skin grafts are a viable thing."

"You do not abuse your pawn, this is very good and very kind of you, as for you skull at least when the time come that you die when archeologist find your bones they will stop and wonder, you will not be just one more skull."
The handler said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, there are so many laws I would get into trouble with if were abusive - I would rather prefer to avoid the many kinds of legal trouble that would be the consequence of improper behaviour. And yes, if an archaeologist finds my skull, in some distant future, I will probably be the subject of a great deal of debate, seeing as the rather extensive bone damage has healed over the years since."

"Thank you for carrying the pitcher for me, when it is full it is hard for me to carry on my own."
The Handler said then she smiled.
"Oh my I do not think anyone have ever taken my phothograph before."
She said then she smiled even more when you said that your friend from the future had called her beautiful and seen the Dune similarities.
"What a sweet child, what is her name?"
"I have no objections to the picture what do I do?"
He grinned, "You are in for a bit of a treat, then - photographic technology has come a long way since it was first invented. Once, you had to sit perfectly still for a long time while the chemicals on a photographic film set. Then, the picture had to be developed into a print. That could take all night. Now, it's an instant, and you can see the result right away, and share it with others at a whim. Not, of course, that I would share your picture with just anyone..."
He stepped up behind her, and leaned down close, holding the phone up in front of them, "Just lean a little closer, so both our faces are inside the screen, and smile..."

He grinned roguishly and, once he had a good shot, took the picture, showing Dalisse the result, "The girl is named Case... her mother, a very outspoken and largely ignorant self-professed Christian, is convinced she's a boy just because she was born with male genitalia, so she has a rough time of it... I will meet her in six weeks, and at that point, her life will take a turn for the better..."

((OOC: It is a nasty spell, but on the other hand, it *is* essentially harmless, except for the actual time spent rebooting. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Colin nodded, "The most important thing to help is someone willing to shepherd you out of the dark, rather than someone with witless, well-intentioned platitudes..."

"I know, phobias are not uncommon with those who come out of the Caul, claustrophobia and a fear of the dark being the most common but there are other fears as well, someone well meaning telling a sufferer that all is well and for them not to worry do not really help much really one have to be willing to understand and do the work with them."

He shrugged, "I didn't really have the time to be truly terrified - it happened too quickly. Had I seen it coming several seconds away, though... and like I said, skin grafts are a viable thing."

"Sometimes the fear of pain can be worse than the pain itself."
The Handler said.
"What is a skin graft?"
She asked looking a bit confused.

He smiled wryly, "Oh, there are so many laws I would get into trouble with if were abusive - I would rather prefer to avoid the many kinds of legal trouble that would be the consequence of improper behaviour.

"Ah yes...you do have a point there it is probably best to avoid such trouble."
Dalisse agreed.

And yes, if an archaeologist finds my skull, in some distant future, I will probably be the subject of a great deal of debate, seeing as the rather extensive bone damage has healed over the years since."

"Well that is better than to go into obscure oblivion."
The Handler commented and smiled.

He grinned, "You are in for a bit of a treat, then - photographic technology has come a long way since it was first invented. Once, you had to sit perfectly still for a long time while the chemicals on a photographic film set. Then, the picture had to be developed into a print. That could take all night. Now, it's an instant, and you can see the result right away, and share it with others at a whim. Not, of course, that I would share your picture with just anyone..."

"That do indeed sound marvelous Colin."
The Handler agreed.
"Such a practical invention. You may share my picture though I think I will scare most sleepers who see me."

He stepped up behind her, and leaned down close, holding the phone up in front of them, "Just lean a little closer, so both our faces are inside the screen, and smile..."

The Handler did as you requested and she gave a slightly uncertain smile to your phone.

He grinned roguishly and, once he had a good shot, took the picture, showing Dalisse the result, "The girl is named Case... her mother, a very outspoken and largely ignorant self-professed Christian, is convinced she's a boy just because she was born with male genitalia, so she has a rough time of it... I will meet her in six weeks, and at that point, her life will take a turn for the better..."

Dalisse examined the picture and grinned.
"That is quite amazing."
She commented.
"And sleepers can do this now?"
"I think many would not understand your young friend but gender is more than what bits you have, when astral traveling one have a gender, an identity but one do not have a body, the two are now always linked. I am glad the child will have a better future, wish her the best from me."
She said and smiled.

(OOC: Well when someone is helpless allot of not so harmless things can happen and if one have had traumatic things happen in one's life then reliving them might not be what you want to do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm

"I know, phobias are not uncommon with those who come out of the Caul, claustrophobia and a fear of the dark being the most common but there are other fears as well, someone well meaning telling a sufferer that all is well and for them not to worry do not really help much really one have to be willing to understand and do the work with them."
Colin frowned, "Too many people say that 'mental problems are just in your head', without realizing that that's exactly the problem - as though something in the mind, being intangible, was less impairing than, say, an amputated limb or something..."

"Sometimes the fear of pain can be worse than the pain itself."
The Handler said.
"What is a skin graft?"
She asked looking a bit confused.
He smiled thinly, "Sometimes, when someone has lost a large area of skin due to, for example, a severe burn or something of the sort, doctors can take a smaller bit of skin from somewhere else, turn it into something similar to a web, and essentially attach it to the skinless area to help the skin grow back properly. It does have the very substantial advantage of being the patient's own skin, so that tissue rejection is not a problem. Ah, if you aren't familiar with that problem, if someone gets an organ transplanted from someone else, and they are not sufficiently compatible, the recipient's body will reject the donor organ. Not a good thing if you've received a new vital organ, like a heart or lungs..."

"Well that is better than to go into obscure oblivion."
The Handler commented and smiled.
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps it is... I'm not so sure. After all is said and done, perhaps it is just as well to be forgotten, instead of being remembered for the wrong things..."

"That do indeed sound marvelous Colin."
The Handler agreed.
"Such a practical invention. You may share my picture though I think I will scare most sleepers who see me."
He grinned, "Hardly, most would assume the photo has been manipulated, or that you are wearing a very impressive costume... In fact, there are Sleeper events called Conventions, where you would fit right in, and get to chat with people looking just as outlandish as you do, if not more."

Dalisse examined the picture and grinned.
"That is quite amazing."
She commented.
"And sleepers can do this now?"
"I think many would not understand your young friend but gender is more than what bits you have, when astral traveling one have a gender, an identity but one do not have a body, the two are now always linked. I am glad the child will have a better future, wish her the best from me."
She said and smiled.
He nodded, "Sleepers can receive surgery to have their incorrect bits corrected... but it does take some time to get to that stage, seeing as the process is liable to shorten the life expectancy. A Psychiatrist needs to make sure the patient really is born in the wrong body, as such, to make sure the gender reassignment procedure will actually greatly improve the quality of life. And when the parents of such a patient refuse to acknowledge that someone with male genitalia can ever be a girl, or vice versa, that's even bigger and harder roadblocks... But yes, once we meet, I will be able to wrestle young Case's fate onto a better track, with a protective blessing of luck for her, and an enforcement of the Golden Rule for her mother... I may be a little bit nasty with that last one, but her type genuinely infuriates me."
He smiled, "And I will certainly wish her your best."

((OOC: True enough, it might not be so nice to do to, say, the driver in a car chase, or an enemy combatant in a shoot-out. Or heavens forbid, an old vampire. Going through, say, 1200 years of experiences in a few minutes is bound to have some aftershocks. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Anja's Post:

'See it this way - you're healing people by removing others.' Nicole replied, following Thorn back to the others. On Darrian's question, she held up the bottle. On Antonio's question, she gave a nod 'Tape okay? What's the timer?'

'Okay... I toss it through that-' nodding towards the portal '-then we go in after with guns blazing, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Too many people say that 'mental problems are just in your head', without realizing that that's exactly the problem - as though something in the mind, being intangible, was less impairing than, say, an amputated limb or something..."

Dalisse nodded at that sadly.
"Unfortunately that is true, many forget that our minds are as important as our bodies and often they are far harder to heal."

He smiled thinly, "Sometimes, when someone has lost a large area of skin due to, for example, a severe burn or something of the sort, doctors can take a smaller bit of skin from somewhere else, turn it into something similar to a web, and essentially attach it to the skinless area to help the skin grow back properly. It does have the very substantial advantage of being the patient's own skin, so that tissue rejection is not a problem. Ah, if you aren't familiar with that problem, if someone gets an organ transplanted from someone else, and they are not sufficiently compatible, the recipient's body will reject the donor organ. Not a good thing if you've received a new vital organ, like a heart or lungs..."

Dalisse listened to what you where saying then she nodded slightly.
"That is quite amazing Colin so if someone loose skin they can be healed by taking skin from another area? But will not that other area be skinless and in trouble then?"
The Handler asked then she thought for a moment.
"Is it like with blood Prelatus Jace ordered the pawns to donate so we have a supply if someone get's injured, very few of the Nephandi at the Labyrinth where willing to do so though as they are afraid of arcane connections, I said I where willing to but Lady Larson where concerned it would affect my health and ability to control my ship and so I where not allowed to, but there the Prelate said that you can not get blood from someone of the wrong type for if you do then you die. He say I have ehm...type O I think O minus."
Se commented.
"I am not completely sure I understand."

He smiled thinly, "Perhaps it is... I'm not so sure. After all is said and done, perhaps it is just as well to be forgotten, instead of being remembered for the wrong things..."

"Well it would be better to be remembered for the right things certainly."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He grinned, "Hardly, most would assume the photo has been manipulated, or that you are wearing a very impressive costume... In fact, there are Sleeper events called Conventions, where you would fit right in, and get to chat with people looking just as outlandish as you do, if not more."

"Oh my what a marvel I would have loved to see such a convention, and sleepers go there and paint themselves to look like they have mutations?"
The Handler asked wide eyed.
"What and odd thing to do but at the same time it is quite marvelous."

He nodded, "Sleepers can receive surgery to have their incorrect bits corrected... but it does take some time to get to that stage, seeing as the process is liable to shorten the life expectancy. A Psychiatrist needs to make sure the patient really is born in the wrong body, as such, to make sure the gender reassignment procedure will actually greatly improve the quality of life. And when the parents of such a patient refuse to acknowledge that someone with male genitalia can ever be a girl, or vice versa, that's even bigger and harder roadblocks...

"That is interesting...why would such surgery shorten the life span of the recipient? Stress on the body? Could not magick be used to perform this change as well?"
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"Why are these parents so against their child choosing their own gender? I mean we are not born the same. I am a woman but I can not have children, what do they define each gender as? Many men have injuries that have robbed them of their gentianella they are still male, it is not easy to fully define what makes someone one gender or another."

But yes, once we meet, I will be able to wrestle young Case's fate onto a better track, with a protective blessing of luck for her, and an enforcement of the Golden Rule for her mother... I may be a little bit nasty with that last one, but her type genuinely infuriates me."
He smiled, "And I will certainly wish her your best."

"That is good, pepole like that make me angry as well, perhaps your spell wll teach this woman a lesson so she will treat young Case better in the future and thank you for giving the child my best."
The old maga said and smiled warmly.

(OOC: Oh my poor vampire.)

Nicole:

'See it this way - you're healing people by removing others.' Nicole replied, following Thorn back to the others. On Darrian's question, she held up the bottle. On Antonio's question, she gave a nod 'Tape okay? What's the timer?'

Thorn sigh and shook his head sadly.
"No, I am killing people simple as that I do not want to say it is anything other than that, I hate it but it is necessary."
Darrian nodded.
"Good...good."
He commented and Antonio smiled.
"Tape is completely fine, I set the timer to ten seconds that should give us time to throw it and for it to reach the target but not four our friends in there to pick it up and throw it back, which would be bad."
He explained.

Okay... I toss it through that-' nodding towards the portal '-then we go in after with guns blazing, right?'

"That would be the plan yes."
Darrian said as the strike team of mages got ready.
"Kill as many as possible of them, heaven rest their souls, try to find cover before Adeptus Riez's protection fades and try not to die."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Richard looked at you and smiled.
"Well you did a good job Mr Yager. Have you ever considered going into the same profession as your Mentor, we could need more therapists in the Traditions."
He suggested.
"I think you could be good at it."

"I thought about it. It could be neat." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders as if not quite sure.

"But I'm not sure if I'm the best one for the job. I'm not exactly the most stable person myself..."

"I will keep that in mind Mr yager and you are keeping our youngest from getting scared during this whole messy situation and that is quite important."
Richard said and he gave you a polite nod as you left. Nico who had been standing in the doorway to the bedroom looking at what where happening in case her help was needed also gave you a slight wave of her hand as you left.

Serge gave her a slight wave of farewell and a friendly smile as he left, trying to make it seem like he had always known she was there.

You got back to Rosa's room. Yu Die where drawing a picture of a simple stick figure smiling as it was eating a bunch of vegtables and the otheres where guessing. Rosa smile as you entered the apartment.
"Cousin, is everything allight?"
She asked and the girls waved to you.

"Everything is fine." Serge said not wanting to give any indication of the horrors he had seen.

"Is that a vegetable maniac? What are they called again? Vegans? Serge said pointing to the picture.

(OOC:  I can imagine being an evil Cult of Ecstasy spell. Serge may need 2 dots in time to pull off the whole 'send their mind back in time and have them re-experience their entire life' part but with a bit of explaining he might be able to just use only Mind 3 and a bunch of successes.

And Serge is probably a bit too kind. But remember this is the same guy who had no qualms about forcing a Nephandus to witness his worst nightmares with amplified terror. Then again like 4 different spells were being flung at him so perhaps Serge just wanted to fit in Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Jeffry took a deep breath to ground himself. You saw that Adjan picked up his dice and closed his hands around them for a moment then he put them back into his pocket. "That should do it, thank you for your aid gentlemen." The old Hermetic said then he handed two of the items to you and Adjan, you got the button, a thorn of button from his coat, it felt good to hold the small, dark gray piece of plastic, it felt protective which indicated that the ritual had worked.

He smiled and gave him a nod of thanks, carefully putting it away in his pocket.

The two Deaconesses where still doing their working though, holdings hands and softly chanting, but the oil kittens where no longer there.

He look up a guard position while the others finished their working. Now to wait and see if it had worked to put the man into a temporary but deep sleep - and be on their toes if it had not. At least they would not have their avatars gassed out of them, that was definitely an improvement on what could have happened.

// Jeremy - that sounds like a way Serge would make a spell like that, scattering thoughts
Warp - It may not harm them physically but that's got to be traumatic, lol. Everything in your life lived again!
Anja - I didn't know that technique, I used to lucid dream a lot as a kid

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Dalisse listened to what you where saying then she nodded slightly.
"That is quite amazing Colin so if someone loose skin they can be healed by taking skin from another area? But will not that other area be skinless and in trouble then?"
The Handler asked then she thought for a moment.
"Is it like with blood Prelatus Jace ordered the pawns to donate so we have a supply if someone get's injured, very few of the Nephandi at the Labyrinth where willing to do so though as they are afraid of arcane connections, I said I where willing to but Lady Larson where concerned it would affect my health and ability to control my ship and so I where not allowed to, but there the Prelate said that you can not get blood from someone of the wrong type for if you do then you die. He say I have ehm...type O I think O minus."
Se commented.
"I am not completely sure I understand."
Colin nodded, "That's the trick to it - they can take a small patch of the outer layer of skin, perhaps about this size," he made a circle with thumb and forefinger, about half an inch across, "and perforate it carefully to make it a wireframe that could extend to cover an area roughly equal to your stomach region. It doesn't have to cover the whole thing perfectly, it just needs to be enough that your skin can start growing back where it was all gone. It's quite remarkable. And Jace is right, wrong blood type can quickly become lethal. As for type 0 negative, that's generally deemed the universal donor, since it contains neither the A or B factor, nor the Rhesus factor, which if introduced to someone without it can cause a plethora of complications. Your blood, though - I would be wary of letting you donate for entirely different reasons; your mutations could fathomably cause a series of entirely unique problems, I'm afraid. Though, Jace would be a far better judge of that than me."

"Well it would be better to be remembered for the right things certainly."
Dalisse said and smiled.
He smiled, "I'm sure you would much rather be remembered as the odd, pretty miller's daughter than as an infernalist, for example..."

"Oh my what a marvel I would have loved to see such a convention, and sleepers go there and paint themselves to look like they have mutations?"
The Handler asked wide eyed.
"What and odd thing to do but at the same time it is quite marvelous."
He grinned, "I think I could find some videos of it, actually, afterwards... And yes, it is an odd thing to do."

"That is interesting...why would such surgery shorten the life span of the recipient? Stress on the body? Could not magick be used to perform this change as well?"
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"Why are these parents so against their child choosing their own gender? I mean we are not born the same. I am a woman but I can not have children, what do they define each gender as? Many men have injuries that have robbed them of their gentianella they are still male, it is not easy to fully define what makes someone one gender or another."
He shrugged, "We must avoid using magic so Sleepers see it - it's not so much of a problem to change the sex of a Mage or Believer, but a Sleeper, that's inviting Paradox. A lot of it. So, for Sleepers, the options are to either spend a life in a body that feels wrong, or to put severe stress on the body and risk a shortened lifespan that at least feels right... it's rather a bum deal, either way, but the latter does seem to offer far higher quality of life than the former."
He sighed, "As for those parents - most of them have religiously founded objections to it; 'God does not make mistakes' is a common phrase. And people born with a sex/gender mismatch - it's not a choice for them, any more than which sex they are attracted to, yet these piss-poor theologians have convinced themselves that any 'deviation' from their interpretation of the rules set forth in their translation of the Bible are sinful... They're the sort of people who in recent years have been driving the upcoming generations away from religion in droves."

"That is good, pepole like that make me angry as well, perhaps your spell wll teach this woman a lesson so she will treat young Case better in the future and thank you for giving the child my best."
The old maga said and smiled warmly.
He grinned, "With a little luck, it will teach her to treat others as she would want to be treated."

((OOC: I don't think that spell would need Time. Just a crapton of successes to essentially toggle the targeted mind's reset button. And Mind 3, of course. It'd be one hell of a recap, though. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Another nod. 'Okay... sort out the order of entry while I finish off...' pulling out the tape from her pocket.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Serge:

"I thought about it. It could be neat." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders as if not quite sure.

"But I'm not sure if I'm the best one for the job. I'm not exactly the most stable person myself..."

"I have several colleagues who are not images of health and yet they are doctors, and from what I can see you are not a raving lunatic, the question really is, are you able to put yourself in your patient's shoes and do you have the tenacity and willingness to help them even when it takes time and patience to do so, that really is what matters."
Richard said and he gave you a little smile.

"Everything is fine." Serge said not wanting to give any indication of the horrors he had seen.

"Is that a vegetable maniac? What are they called again? Vegans? Serge said pointing to the picture.

"That is good Cousin."
Rosa said and she smiled a little though she still looked a little concerned. Yu Die giggled a little.
"Well close enough a vegetarian, that is generally more healthy than being vegan, we need some animal protein unless we are going to use pills and such, but we can get that from egg and milk and not have to kill any animals."
The young Akashic said.
"I guess you are next then Sir."

Adley:

He smiled and gave him a nod of thanks, carefully putting it away in his pocket.

Jeffry gave you another smile then he busied himself with his own personal protections and wards while the two Deaconesses finished their work.

He look up a guard position while the others finished their working. Now to wait and see if it had worked to put the man into a temporary but deep sleep - and be on their toes if it had not. At least they would not have their avatars gassed out of them, that was definitely an improvement on what could have happened.

After a few more minutes the two women stopped chanting, they drew deep breaths and opened their eyes.
"It is done for now, whatever or not it will hold is another matter."
Mara said as Ange helped her to her feet.
"I am really going to miss those cats."
The fay mage said sadly.
"In either case we should move as soon as possible, this spell is less permanent than the other option."
She said as Jeffry started handing out the various items he, you and Adjan had enchanted.
"Very well, we move as once, please keep these items close, hopefully they will protect you."
He informed you then he looked at you.
"Mea filius I will go first, and until we rejoin the others, would you mind covering the Deaocnesses and keep them safe?"
He said as Adjan fell in behind him and the two women followed suit after that as the group got ready to move.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "That's the trick to it - they can take a small patch of the outer layer of skin, perhaps about this size," he made a circle with thumb and forefinger, about half an inch across, "and perforate it carefully to make it a wireframe that could extend to cover an area roughly equal to your stomach region. It doesn't have to cover the whole thing perfectly, it just needs to be enough that your skin can start growing back where it was all gone. It's quite remarkable.

Dalisse looked at you as you spoke then she nodded approvingly.
"That is remarkable, the Union have done some good sharing their magick with the sleepers and making it a part of the consensus I see."

And Jace is right, wrong blood type can quickly become lethal. As for type 0 negative, that's generally deemed the universal donor, since it contains neither the A or B factor, nor the Rhesus factor, which if introduced to someone without it can cause a plethora of complications. Your blood, though - I would be wary of letting you donate for entirely different reasons; your mutations could fathomably cause a series of entirely unique problems, I'm afraid. Though, Jace would be a far better judge of that than me."

The Handler nodded at that.
"Why do the body care about these As and Bs?"
She asked and shook her head.
"I do not know exactly if my mutations would show up in my blood, I let Prelatus Jace take a sample once as he wanted to know what type I was if I ever got injured and needed a transfusion, he said I where 0 minus but nothing else about it."

He smiled, "I'm sure you would much rather be remembered as the odd, pretty miller's daughter than as an infernalist, for example..."

Dalisse nodded a bit sadly at that.
"You would be correct in that assumption Colin, even now...I miss my family and the simple life I had."
She muttered with a bit of a faraway look in her eyes.

He grinned, "I think I could find some videos of it, actually, afterwards... And yes, it is an odd thing to do."

"I would love to see such a video Colin it seams the world have created some interesting customs while I have been in this room."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He shrugged, "We must avoid using magic so Sleepers see it - it's not so much of a problem to change the sex of a Mage or Believer, but a Sleeper, that's inviting Paradox. A lot of it. So, for Sleepers, the options are to either spend a life in a body that feels wrong, or to put severe stress on the body and risk a shortened lifespan that at least feels right... it's rather a bum deal, either way, but the latter does seem to offer far higher quality of life than the former."

"I would rather live a few happy years than many unhappy ones, but it seams to be a most unfortunate affliction to be struck with, at least if one are a sleeper."
The Handler said sadly.
"At least medical science can help out with this issue now even if it is dangerous."

He sighed, "As for those parents - most of them have religiously founded objections to it; 'God does not make mistakes' is a common phrase. And people born with a sex/gender mismatch -

"No God do not make mistakes but such beings are known to be cruel when they feel like it, parents who do not support their children due to religions reasons should remember that their children are not their property, these parents can have whatever religious practice they want but they should not force their view on their children."

it's not a choice for them, any more than which sex they are attracted to, yet these piss-poor theologians have convinced themselves that any 'deviation' from their interpretation of the rules set forth in their translation of the Bible are sinful... They're the sort of people who in recent years have been driving the upcoming generations away from religion in droves."

"These idiots do the work of both the Nephandi and the Technocracy, it is such a shame."
The Handler said and shook her head sadly.

He grinned, "With a little luck, it will teach her to treat others as she would want to be treated."

Dalisse just nodded at that.
"Hopefully it will yes."
She said.

Nicole:

Another nod. 'Okay... sort out the order of entry while I finish off...' pulling out the tape from her pocket.

Darrian nodded as he started organizing the rest into groups and made it clear who where to enter the portal first. Everyone got their weapons and or magick ready and there was quite a bit of chanting in the air as you got the bottle ready.

(OOC: I do not think the spell would need time as it just replay what is in the mind itself however it would need allot of successes.)

(OOC 2: I am going to be a bit slow this week as there is allot of things happening and when I am going out several days in a row I always get really fatigued so just a heads up and sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Tore off a strip of tape, made a loop with it sticky-side out, slapped it on the bottle. Went and got her rifle, checked it, clicked off the safety. Once the others are ready, she'll in one quick movement stick the paper to the bottle, throw it through the portal with as much force as she could muster, then be ready to go through said portal when it was her turn to, rifle at the ready.

[No worries!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm

"I have several colleagues who are not images of health and yet they are doctors, and from what I can see you are not a raving lunatic, the question really is, are you able to put yourself in your patient's shoes and do you have the tenacity and willingness to help them even when it takes time and patience to do so, that really is what matters."
Richard said and he gave you a little smile.

"I've always wondered what I'd be like if I were a raving lunatic..." Serge said absentmindedly.

"Anyways all I've ever wanted to do is help people see life in a brighter way. I guess whether or not I have the patience and willingness to do so is left to be seen. But I hate seeing people so scared and depressed and it reminds me of myself when I was young. I don't want anyone to go through that alone like I did. So maybe I do have what it takes." Serge said with a smile.

"That is good Cousin."
Rosa said and she smiled a little though she still looked a little concerned. Yu Die giggled a little.
"Well close enough a vegetarian, that is generally more healthy than being vegan, we need some animal protein unless we are going to use pills and such, but we can get that from egg and milk and not have to kill any animals."
The young Akashic said.
"I guess you are next then Sir."

"All right, their shouldn't be that much left pile." Serge said with a smile as he picked up a piece of paper from the pile and opened it.

(OOC: No worries Anja!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Dalisse looked at you as you spoke then she nodded approvingly.
"That is remarkable, the Union have done some good sharing their magick with the sleepers and making it a part of the consensus I see."
Colin nodded, "Their accomplishments are not wholly horrible. If they could just let up on the bloody Pogrom of theirs, we could build a better world together. Alas, I suppose it is not to be..."

"Why do the body care about these As and Bs?"
She asked and shook her head.
"I do not know exactly if my mutations would show up in my blood, I let Prelatus Jace take a sample once as he wanted to know what type I was if I ever got injured and needed a transfusion, he said I where 0 minus but nothing else about it."
He smiled thinly, "I am not entirely certain what the As and Bs represent, but I think it has to do with the immune system. If you get blood with incorrect cells into your bloodstream, your body starts attacking itself. When that battle takes place in your own blood vessels, things get clogged up, and it can turn lethal very quickly. And testing someone's blood type is a quick affair, but checking for other factors, such as your mutations, would probably take rather longer - probably days at the very least."

"I would love to see such a video Colin it seams the world have created some interesting customs while I have been in this room."
Dalisse said and smiled.
He grinned, "The world has changed, and yet, it has stayed greatly the same - people have donned costumes to portray gods and spirits for millennia, gathering in great festivals to show off their skills and dedication... The materials have changed, and the beings imitated, but at the core, people spend great amounts of time and labour to become their idols, today like in the past."

"I would rather live a few happy years than many unhappy ones, but it seams to be a most unfortunate affliction to be struck with, at least if one are a sleeper."
The Handler said sadly.
"At least medical science can help out with this issue now even if it is dangerous."
He nodded, "Oh, men have lived as women and vice versa throughout history, it's largely only in relatively recent times it has been so... controversial. But at the same time, for the first time, Sleepers can have their reality corrected for themselves without being exposed to the dangerous world of Magic, and there's merit to that, too..."

"No God do not make mistakes but such beings are known to be cruel when they feel like it, parents who do not support their children due to religions reasons should remember that their children are not their property, these parents can have whatever religious practice they want but they should not force their view on their children."
He smiled wryly, "To be honest, I am not convinced God is all that infallible, regardless of what fundamentalists are so certain of. Take the account of Noah's Ark, for example - it ends with God essentially concluding that the Great Flood was excessive, and that he won't make that mistake again... and there are other."

"These idiots do the work of both the Nephandi and the Technocracy, it is such a shame."
The Handler said and shook her head sadly.
He nodded, "Actually, driving people away from the large, corrupt churches - and there are churches more corrupt than the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages - is probably a good thing. There's a new, more personal spirituality spreading alongside atheism, it seems - less dependent on rigid dogma and huge, stagnant organizations and more suggestive of figuring things out for oneself."

Dalisse just nodded at that.
"Hopefully it will yes."
She said.
He smiled thinly, then opened the YouTube app on his phone and searched for some good cosplay videos from some of the larger cons, "Now, as for those elaborate costumes I mentioned - keep in mind, all of these, presumably, are Sleepers. Humans unaltered by magic. Er, some possibly altered slightly by cosmetic surgery, but mostly, anything that looks different is just a physically constructed mask."

((OOC: Yeah, I think the original Mage version I saw of the spell required the targets Int+Willpower in successes - plus whatever you could squeeze in for duration. A tall order to be sure, especially in battle. If you have Correspondence and a target you really don't like, it could be great for a ritual, though. Razz ))

((OOC2: The most important thing, then - enjoy your outings, Anja, and take what time you need to recuperate.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:46 am

"It is done for now, whatever or not it will hold is another matter." Mara said as Ange helped her to her feet. "I am really going to miss those cats."The fay mage said sadly. "In either case we should move as soon as possible, this spell is less permanent than the other option." She said as Jeffry started handing out the various items he, you and Adjan had enchanted. "Very well, we move as once, please keep these items close, hopefully they will protect you." He informed you then he looked at you.
"Mea filius I will go first, and until we rejoin the others, would you mind covering the Deaconesses and keep them safe?"

"Yes sir," he agreed, moving over towards Mara and Ange. "Assuming he is asleep, what's our approach?"

// No problem, Anja, I hope you have a good time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am

Adley:

"Yes sir," he agreed, moving over towards Mara and Ange. "Assuming he is asleep, what's our approach?"

Ange considered for a moment then she said.
"I suggjest that we dose him with that horrid serum that block magick, and take him out through the Umbra after he have been physically restrained as well, if any of his victim is still alive we get them medical aid."
She said and Jeffry nodded.
"Sounds fair enough Doctor, we have to see what the situation is but I think that is probably the best way to go about it even if it might risk some Paradox."
He said then he turned to you.
"Unless you had another idea mea filius?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Their accomplishments are not wholly horrible. If they could just let up on the bloody Pogrom of theirs, we could build a better world together. Alas, I suppose it is not to be..."

"No it is not likely to happen anytime soon but yes if the Union did not hunt other willworkers perhaps great things could have been accomplished together."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He smiled thinly, "I am not entirely certain what the As and Bs represent, but I think it has to do with the immune system. If you get blood with incorrect cells into your bloodstream, your body starts attacking itself. When that battle takes place in your own blood vessels, things get clogged up, and it can turn lethal very quickly. And testing someone's blood type is a quick affair, but checking for other factors, such as your mutations, would probably take rather longer - probably days at the very least."

Dalisse nodded and pointed at her left foot.
"I had a blood clot once down in my foot it hurt. One of our healers fixed it though I got it right after a new mutation."
She commented and nodded.
"I guess you are right that it might be hard to figure out what might be different about my blood, at least it is still red. James one of our members got silver colored blood after a Paradox backlash."

He grinned, "The world has changed, and yet, it has stayed greatly the same - people have donned costumes to portray gods and spirits for millennia, gathering in great festivals to show off their skills and dedication... The materials have changed, and the beings imitated, but at the core, people spend great amounts of time and labour to become their idols, today like in the past."

"Hum...you are right about that, perhaps only the onside things change but not the core. And I guess we all like to dress up, I mean I like baubles even now."

He nodded, "Oh, men have lived as women and vice versa throughout history, it's largely only in relatively recent times it has been so... controversial. But at the same time, for the first time, Sleepers can have their reality corrected for themselves without being exposed to the dangerous world of Magic, and there's merit to that, too..."

"One of the magi at the Covenant I was trained in had a male body but she insisted she was a woman, some thought her odd but none really said anything, they where mages they had seen stranger things and just went along with it, and this was a long time ago."
The Handler said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "To be honest, I am not convinced God is all that infallible, regardless of what fundamentalists are so certain of. Take the account of Noah's Ark, for example - it ends with God essentially concluding that the Great Flood was excessive, and that he won't make that mistake again... and there are other."

"Well spirits, even Celestines and Incarna, what we would call Gos are perfect in their way, they are perfectly what they are, and they are and can be nothing else, but that do not always mean that the outcome of their actions are always perfect."

He nodded, "Actually, driving people away from the large, corrupt churches - and there are churches more corrupt than the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages - is probably a good thing. There's a new, more personal spirituality spreading alongside atheism, it seems - less dependent on rigid dogma and huge, stagnant organizations and more suggestive of figuring things out for oneself."

"The problem is many Atheists are as against someone just practice their spirituality in peace in their own private life as they are against mega churches, they throw the baby out wit the bath water and this helps the Union's cause to eradicate anything spiritual or supernatural from the world."

He smiled thinly, then opened the YouTube app on his phone and searched for some good cosplay videos from some of the larger cons, "Now, as for those elaborate costumes I mentioned - keep in mind, all of these, presumably, are Sleepers. Humans unaltered by magic. Er, some possibly altered slightly by cosmetic surgery, but mostly, anything that looks different is just a physically constructed mask."

Dalisse looked at the videos and got a delighted look in her eyes.
"This is wonderful."
Se said and grinned.
"I would have loved to go to such an event...so much variation and color."

Suddenly the Handler screamed in agony and fell to her knees, grabbing her head with her hands and shaking.
"It hurts!"
She cried desperately.
"He is hurt!"

Serge:

"I've always wondered what I'd be like if I were a raving lunatic..." Serge said absentmindedly.

"I have a feeling it would involve drawing on the walls."
Richard said wryly.

"Anyways all I've ever wanted to do is help people see life in a brighter way. I guess whether or not I have the patience and willingness to do so is left to be seen. But I hate seeing people so scared and depressed and it reminds me of myself when I was young. I don't want anyone to go through that alone like I did. So maybe I do have what it takes." Serge said with a smile.

"There you go, I think you could be a good theraphist, the core of it is actually caring, though you might have to stand seeing suffering. I hate to see someone in pain but I do so all the time in my job, but I now that with both my mundane profession and with my magick I can help, I can reduce suffering and that makes seeing it worth it."
The Akashic said softly.

"All right, their shouldn't be that much left pile." Serge said with a smile as he picked up a piece of paper from the pile and opened it.

There where only two notes left in the pile. On the note you picket up it said B vitamins.
"What did you get Sir?"
Jane asked as she handed you the box of art supplies.

Nicole:

Tore off a strip of tape, made a loop with it sticky-side out, slapped it on the bottle. Went and got her rifle, checked it, clicked off the safety. Once the others are ready, she'll in one quick movement stick the paper to the bottle, throw it through the portal with as much force as she could muster, then be ready to go through said portal when it was her turn to, rifle at the ready.

You threw the bottle into the portal and it vanished as it hit the wall hanging, Darrian waited a few seconds then he gave the signal and everone stepped through in short order three and three at the time...

When you got into the Labyrinth there where complete chaos. You where in a long corridor with several doors of sort on each side, the walls where made of pink putrid looking flesh, though a bit of it was burning now and htere where shrapnel everywhere, the roof and floor where bone. You saw three dead men on the floor, one of them had taken a nail from the bottle through his right eye, the two others had been shot. A young woman from your side you did not know the name of where on the floor, she had been shot in the leg but still managed to shoot a bolt of lightening at one of the Nephandi. Antonio stood writing something while Darrian threw a bottle of...something. Before you stood a group of pepole, one of them, a man where holding a device of some sort, a round disc with buttons on it that seamed to create some sort of shield to protect the Nephandi. Nine more pepole where behind the shield though some of them where wounded by the explosion. Antonio's shield held as well and protected your side. There where really no cover here though, just two sides having at it, the noise and chaos where overwealming.

You saw one man, peraps in his 50's aimed his gun at you and fired but Antonio's shield stopped it.

(OOC: Thanks guys I am going to try to post as much as I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Dalisse nodded and pointed at her left foot.
"I had a blood clot once down in my foot it hurt. One of our healers fixed it though I got it right after a new mutation."
She commented and nodded.
"I guess you are right that it might be hard to figure out what might be different about my blood, at least it is still red. James one of our members got silver colored blood after a Paradox backlash."
Colin nodded, "I would presume Paradox-induced mutations are somewhat more dramatic and impractical than yours... and blood clots can happen to anyone."

"Hum...you are right about that, perhaps only the onside things change but not the core. And I guess we all like to dress up, I mean I like baubles even now."
He nodded, "The more things change, the more they stay the same..."

"One of the magi at the Covenant I was trained in had a male body but she insisted she was a woman, some thought her odd but none really said anything, they where mages they had seen stranger things and just went along with it, and this was a long time ago."
He nodded, "Same thing, really. In fact, precisely the same thing. The only difference is whether Sleepers have access to changing the physical aspect in question. Plenty of Mages are quite capable of altering themselves or others."

"Well spirits, even Celestines and Incarna, what we would call Gos are perfect in their way, they are perfectly what they are, and they are and can be nothing else, but that do not always mean that the outcome of their actions are always perfect."
He smiled wryly, "They are, in a way, their own Platonic Ideals, but that sort of perfection does not confer infallibility. As soon as a human is involved, with our impressive predilection for mucking up a plan with our mere presence, things tend to go awry."

"The problem is many Atheists are as against someone just practice their spirituality in peace in their own private life as they are against mega churches, they throw the baby out wit the bath water and this helps the Union's cause to eradicate anything spiritual or supernatural from the world."
He nodded, "I am inclined to suspect, though, that the Christian fundamentalists yet do a lot more damage than Atheists - Atheism does not refute the supernatural, after all, so much as refuting deities to be worshiped. Rationalism and Empiricism, on the other hand, reject the supernatural, but I think that's somewhat in the actual minority, regardless of what people actually profess."

Dalisse looked at the videos and got a delighted look in her eyes.
"This is wonderful."
Se said and grinned.
"I would have loved to go to such an event...so much variation and color."
He nodded, "Well, I hear there's often problems with crowding, noise and groping... it's not an unreservedly positive thing for everyone involved, unfortunately. But then, nothing ever is... but yes, I expect you would have been the undisputed favourite at the Cosplay contest. Whether or not you actually signed up for it."

Suddenly the Handler screamed in agony and fell to her knees, grabbing her head with her hands and shaking.
"It hurts!"
She cried desperately.
"He is hurt!"
His eyes widened, and he shut off the phone and pocketed it in one smooth maneuver, reaching down to support Dalisse, "Bugger, what happened? How is he hurt, how bad is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Colin nodded, "I would presume Paradox-induced mutations are somewhat more dramatic and impractical than yours... and blood clots can happen to anyone."

"Often yes they are, and Prelatus Jace said that the problem was that a fin grew out of my foot and created some strain or pressure or something in my foot, but he healed me and have given me some small white pills to take when I get new mutations to make sure it do not happen again."

He nodded, "The more things change, the more they stay the same..."

Dalisse nodded at this.
"Yes so it would seam."

He nodded, "Same thing, really. In fact, precisely the same thing. The only difference is whether Sleepers have access to changing the physical aspect in question. Plenty of Mages are quite capable of altering themselves or others."

"Well I am very glad sleepers now have this option so them that are affected will have better lives."

He smiled wryly, "They are, in a way, their own Platonic Ideals, but that sort of perfection does not confer infallibility. As soon as a human is involved, with our impressive predilection for mucking up a plan with our mere presence, things tend to go awry."

"I agree absolutely, and besides they are only perfect within themselves when affecting the outside world what they do is often far from perfect. My ship is perfect, he is what he is perfectly and he is nothing else but when affecting others that might not be perfect."
Dalisse explained.

He nodded, "I am inclined to suspect, though, that the Christian fundamentalists yet do a lot more damage than Atheists - Atheism does not refute the supernatural, after all, so much as refuting deities to be worshiped. Rationalism and Empiricism, on the other hand, reject the supernatural, but I think that's somewhat in the actual minority, regardless of what people actually profess."

"You may be right Colin, but I am still skeptical of anything that give the Union more power."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "Well, I hear there's often problems with crowding, noise and groping... it's not an unreservedly positive thing for everyone involved, unfortunately. But then, nothing ever is... but yes, I expect you would have been the undisputed favourite at the Cosplay contest. Whether or not you actually signed up for it."

"I could go as a Navigator..."
Dalisse said and a smug smile then she looked a bit uncertain.
"But allot of noise and crowds sounds scary, and I would not like to be touched by strangers."

His eyes widened, and he shut off the phone and pocketed it in one smooth maneuver, reaching down to support Dalisse, "Bugger, what happened? How is he hurt, how bad is it?"

"Fire...burns...ripped flesh...they are fighting...near the entrance to the auto shop I...I...do not know yet...the damage will heal I think but it...it hurts..."
The Handler cried and you felt the ship slightly shift and you saw the eyes in the walls flinch.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

"I have a feeling it would involve drawing on the walls."
Richard said wryly.

Serge chuckled at that, silently thinking to himself that he already did that.

There where only two notes left in the pile. On the note you picket up it said B vitamins.
"What did you get Sir?"
Jane asked as she handed you the box of art supplies.

"I can't tell you know can I? You have to guess." Serge said wryly as he began to draw a pill bottle filled with pills.

On each of the pills he inscribed a different 'B'-word. Bees, beets, Boxes, Bulldozers, and other words that very clearly started with the letter B. He hoped the girls would be able to catch onto the pattern.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 pm

"I can't tell you know can I? You have to guess." Serge said wryly as he began to draw a pill bottle filled with pills.

On each of the pills he inscribed a different 'B'-word. Bees, beets, Boxes, Bulldozers, and other words that very clearly started with the letter B. He hoped the girls would be able to catch onto the pattern.

"Ahh...but I want to know Sir Jane said and bounced on her chair."
The girls started guessing Yu Die suggested the Dr Mario game, Cava asked if it was sugar pills. Liv said something to Jane who translated.
"Liv asks if it is B vitamins Sir, she says she gets them in vitamin bears little gummy candies with vitamins in them."
The little girl announced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm

"Often yes they are, and Prelatus Jace said that the problem was that a fin grew out of my foot and created some strain or pressure or something in my foot, but he healed me and have given me some small white pills to take when I get new mutations to make sure it do not happen again."
Colin nodded, "Probably blood thinners or something... Much as Jace is a monster, I do believe his sense of self-interest has ensured he has done everything to keep you as healthy and safe as is within his power."

"I agree absolutely, and besides they are only perfect within themselves when affecting the outside world what they do is often far from perfect. My ship is perfect, he is what he is perfectly and he is nothing else but when affecting others that might not be perfect."
Dalisse explained.
He smiled wryly, "None of us exists in a vacuum."

"You may be right Colin, but I am still skeptical of anything that give the Union more power."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "True enough, but I think it works a bit like this - the Union draws strength and influence from large, rigid organizations. Atheism is not so organized, and there's abundant room for a sense of wonder and curiosity... Too many religious institutions are no longer about Faith at all, just about controlling their congregations, women and children in particular. That sort of enslaving mindset is what strengthens the Union, not whether or not one believes in the supernatural..."

"I could go as a Navigator..."
Dalisse said and a smug smile then she looked a bit uncertain.
"But allot of noise and crowds sounds scary, and I would not like to be touched by strangers."
He smiled, "Yes, you would be a great Navigator, if you could be away from the ship for that long... The noise and crowds, though... perhaps not so much scary, as merely stuffy and uncomfortable."

"Fire...burns...ripped flesh...they are fighting...near the entrance to the auto shop I...I...do not know yet...the damage will heal I think but it...it hurts..."
The Handler cried and you felt the ship slightly shift and you saw the eyes in the walls flinch.
He frowned, "Someone used... ah, bugger, my side opened up by lobbing a fireball through the entrance or something, didn't they? I told them to avoid hurting the ship..."
He gently picked her up and carried her carefully over to place her on her bed, "Will you both be alright, though? Can you tell me the moment the battle's decided, so I can let my people know to heal the ship, or at least ease its pain and bloody well apologize?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 pm

"Ahh...but I want to know Sir Jane said and bounced on her chair."
The girls started guessing Yu Die suggested the Dr Mario game, Cava asked if it was sugar pills. Liv said something to Jane who translated.
"Liv asks if it is B vitamins Sir, she says she gets them in vitamin bears little gummy candies with vitamins in them."
The little girl announced.

"Liv's right! And the gummy candy ones are the best!" Serge said excitedly.

"Yeah I was going with the whole 'B' pattern on the pills." he explained pointing to each of his pills.

"So I guess it's Liv's turn now. You get the last one in the pile." Serge said glancing at the last note and wondering what it held.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next