Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tane and the fight in the Labyrinth

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tane and the fight in the Labyrinth - Page 2 Empty Re: Tane and the fight in the Labyrinth

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 am

I will catch up on this thread when I have the time.

Really writing up the time for a reply takes a few seconds so that is not a problem.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tane and the fight in the Labyrinth - Page 2 Empty Re: Tane and the fight in the Labyrinth

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Sorry for the late reply, when I have several things happening in one week so I do not get a day to rest between each I get rather stressed and I thought it was better to focus on getting IC posts out.

We all started off at the same point and they got 3 times the posts! I have seen it!

Well like Nicole's player said it is not about qualitity and I have been enjoying Tane's storyline and that is the important part not how much you post.

No, but you do it because you care, that's the important thing.

Well it is my job to make sure the game is enjoyable and while I can not always please everyone when it is a small thing like making a thread like that for you then that is not a problem. I enjoy having you in this game.

Yap, we need to agree on a code and what info we want in this heads up, but it's essencialy it.

My suggjestion would be player characters involved, place and time. Listing all the NPCs in a scene can at times be quite a few, but time, location and player character should have a basics covered, but I am not married to that format.

It just happened to me with the female werewolf when i had to present myself to the old lady, so i feel you XD

I am going to try to get better at keeping an updated list of all named NPCs it would make things easier but I have not been good enough with that. However it is other things to search as well like whatever or not two characters have met, or if they found that thing hidden under the stairs.

I like the feeling that we don't have enough time to get everything done. It makes the chars feel more human: doesn't it happen to you that you sometimes don't have enough time in your day?

Absolutely at times character do not get the time to do everything planned, what I was protesting was ending scenes, let us say Adley gets sent to negotiate with Westchapel over the discovery of a new Node and then in the middle of the negotiations with Westchapel's Deacon council his player have an emergency at work and is unnable to post of a few days, then I do not think we should advance time for Adly cutting the scene he is in short and other things he would naturally do in order to catch him up to the rest, then it is better to play through his scenes and then if he needs to be present at a scene a few hours in the future in the game then run that parralel to what he was originally doing, that have nothing to do with characters in the IC world running out of time to do all they ahd planned but rather it means a scene is not dropped because other characters have moved forward in time.

I do too and that's why i appreciate the last summary at every thread.

I am glad, and I am sorry that they at times have been done a bit quickly.

OK, so, we have decided to:
-I'm going with the second strike team, along with flufballs.
-We are adding a code to every scene, as to know what is what.
-We are all playing happily.

Correct.

To do:
-Kill nephandi! YEY!
-Decide what the code should look like
-Cleanse, purge, kill! For the emperor!
-Tea with granny Flufball. Bring pastries.

Killing Nephandi is always on the to do list. As for the Emeror as his loyal men would trhow every player character and 90 percent of the NPCs in a Black Ship and kill the rest he might not be invited, and it is best not to call her granny Fluffball to her face. Razz

Yeah I am working on the intro post to get Tane into the Labyrinth with the second strike team I am just being a bit slow. And yes we need to decide on the code to use with the posts.

Wouldn't it be easier to instead of having Anja have to 'stamp' every post with location and time, wouldn't it be easier to simply create a standalone 'PC location/time' post somewhere, sticky it and we can simply look at that instead?

As she also did this in the post before, I am going on a limb here to assume she intends to do this every time.

My thought is instead of doing this, instead Anja creates say a single post titled [for example] 'PC time/location'. Which would read:

Tane: At his hut talking with the shapeshifters. 10AM
Serge: Rosa's room at Steelhaven. 2PM
Nicole: Boston Labyrinth with rest of First Strike Team. 2PM.

and so on.

If it's [again, example!] stickied in the IC thread, it'll always be on top, just above the current IC thread.

It means that instead of having to type out time/location for every post, Anja can merely change the 'Time/Location' thread only when the situation changes.

negates the advantage of it all scenes being in one post but easy to navigate to - it's easier for me to keep up on copying everything for archiving instead of keeping track of separate scenes in their own thread.

Remember that this would make It harder for her to find in her way of finding thing and also, It i'm in more than one scene It has to be done more than once

I like having the name of the PC I am replying to, and the time and location right where I am replying and since I have already been typing up who get whch reply adding a few words to that really is no great bother. I could always make a time and location thread as well though where I update where everyone is at what time it is at the scene they are in that we can have here in the OOC section in addition to having it in the thread, but I do want to keep also having it in the thread so it is easy to search.

Plus, then the way we've been doing XP will have to be thought out differently too, since for now we've been acquiring some as we go to a new thread. But if people who post less frequently have to wait to hit the max on their thread or until they end their scene, they may actually get XP less frequently than they do now and the people that post more could end up stacking XP more frequently or the same rate, which isn't necessarily fair or desirable. So that too would have to be reconsidered.

Unless you're still meaning to keep it all in one thread still but use the titles and I'm misunderstanding?

The way I understood it what Nicole was suggjesting was that instead of typing up the time and location in each post we have a seperate post where it is logged where and when everyone is, but that the gaming happen in one thread.

I think we should continue to give everyone exp at the end of the main IC thread, if someone have posted in it they get exp that is a simple way to do it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Anja: wrote:The way I understood it what Nicole was suggesting was that instead of typing up the time and location in each post we have a separate post where it is logged where and when everyone is, but that the gaming happen in one thread.

Got it in one. I accept the main format will not change due to 'If it ain't broke' reasons. The suggestion was merely to have the time/locations on a stickied post elsewhere so the Great One doesn't have to keep on typing it up.

It would annoy me doing that, that's all.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Ah! Got it. Like a notes section

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm

*nods*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

sorry for my misunderstanding!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Got it in one. I accept the main format will not change due to 'If it ain't broke' reasons. The suggestion was merely to have the time/locations on a stickied post elsewhere so the Great One doesn't have to keep on typing it up.

It would annoy me doing that, that's all.

I do not mind typing the times and places up, it do not take me long, but a where and when is everyone post might be useful regardless, for reference I will get a post like that up as soon as I am done with the post I promised Mariano.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 am

Sorry for not being around, started a New job yesterday and it's been long
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:58 am

Not a problem I have been really busy this week myself, which is why I have not gotten that post I promised you up yet but I will work on getting that up today.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Yay, new job [well, unless it's not Yay].

I've been out of the loop too for the last couple of days, so... *shrugs*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:25 am

Yay! Indeed jajaja but as it is new it's taking my time more than before. Still here, though

If I'm lucky it will get even better still tomorrow!
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2