Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"I guess that is what makes them Nephandi Sir."
Heather said and frowned.
Colin frowned, "Well, it's what makes them Nephandi, at any rate... Once upon a time, they were not such utter shits, just a group of various Mages banding together to protect themselves from the Order of Reason and the Order of Hermes, mostly... Diedne, groups accused of Infernalism, that would not be counted as Infernalists today - Dalisse is one of those, actually - and the group that would eventually gain dominance among the Nephandi, the Fallen Malfeans, whose philosophy demand they unmake everything..."

"A few? I know of the Chief's young student but anyone else have something horrible happened?"
The Mercere asked sounding concerned.
"I am sure anything like that will not bother him much Sir."
She replied.
He pressed the button again, "Ah, God, no, not like that, no. But I do believe they have a few other residents who have... lost, as such. Also, there's a group from your valorous House visiting, I believe - a whole displaced Chantry's worth."

"I can not even imagine living life without...it is horrible Sir."
Heather muttered and Rodger nodded.
"To never pilot an Ethership again, I would rather die but if this kid can manage to survive it and find some meaning in his life that is good for him."
The Umbral pilot said and shuddered as well..
He nodded, "I do know it's possible to learn Linear Magic after... such a loss. Not sure if that is enough to pilot an Ethership, but it seems quite a few Mercere are highly capable of creating purpose and meaning for themselves... In many ways, they are the bravest House of Hermes..."

"Yes you can see the engine status here, it is powered down, these controls the landing gear and I will run through a short checklist before opening the hatch."
Rodger said as he showed you the relevant controls.
He nodded, "Simple and straightforward enough."

You got a friendly woman on the line at the taxi company.
"One maxi taxi...yes I know the adress, one can be at your location in five minutes Sir will that be acceptable? We accept visa, mastercard and cash."
She informed you as you ordered the car.
He nodded, "That should be about perfect timing, yes. Cash should not be a problem."

Heather gave you a smile as you helped her up. Rodger nodded.
"Yeah that works, I will do some more work on the ship and have a nap, perhaps go out and have a look at the Red Cap ship as well she is a cutie."
He confirmed.
"You can reach me on the radio if you need me, it can pick up signals from the physical plane."
He nodded, "Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the snooze, then. And try not to wander off; I hear there's been some trouble with people doing that in the past."
He waited for Rodger to open the shuttle door, ""Well, then, we're off. Might bring more than one passenger back, if I can get hold of my lawyer while I'm there."

((OOC: No, I don't think Colin was ever told the building's name - just that it was atop an office building, when he was teleported to an empty office when headed to get the power cells in the Serafina...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 pm

[Colin] (Chicago Umbra Port at 4 in the afternoon)

Colin frowned, "Well, it's what makes them Nephandi, at any rate... Once upon a time, they were not such utter shits, just a group of various Mages banding together to protect themselves from the Order of Reason and the Order of Hermes, mostly... Diedne, groups accused of Infernalism, that would not be counted as Infernalists today - Dalisse is one of those, actually - and the group that would eventually gain dominance among the Nephandi, the Fallen Malfeans, whose philosophy demand they unmake everything..."

"Well it only takes that one rotten apple to spoil the whole basket Sir."
Heather said and sigh.
"What happened to the other infernalists, like the group Lady Dalisse was of, why are they not with the Nephandi today, if they where and kept the Malfeans at bay perhaps they would be less of a problem."

He pressed the button again, "Ah, God, no, not like that, no. But I do believe they have a few other residents who have... lost, as such. Also, there's a group from your valorous House visiting, I believe - a whole displaced Chantry's worth."

The woman responded but in a hushed tone so her apprentice would not hear.
"Many of my House have lost our magickal abilities in some way but very few have lost our Avatars, I know of one man on Morningstar for example who are still Awakened but trauma prevents him from using his powers...and and off course the Deacon Primus of the Post Office...I heard about the loss of his Chantry House, how is he and his Chantrymates fearing?"
She said sounding relieved that there had not been some horrible tradgedy on Morningstar.

He nodded, "I do know it's possible to learn Linear Magic after... such a loss. Not sure if that is enough to pilot an Ethership, but it seems quite a few Mercere are highly capable of creating purpose and meaning for themselves... In many ways, they are the bravest House of Hermes..."

"Brave they are my good man, very brave at that, but tragic as well. Now when it comes to linear magi I would not know our own linear scientists...well let us just say they are not always treated the best in my Tradition unfortunatly so I do not know how far their capabilities reach but some of them can get quite impressive."
Rodger said and nodded but he was still just a little bit pale from the topic of conversation.

He nodded, "Simple and straightforward enough."

The Etherite nodded at that.
"She is not a very complicated ship but she will do fine for what she is designed for."

He nodded, "That should be about perfect timing, yes. Cash should not be a problem."

"Very well Sir your car is on it's way, have a nice day."
The taxi company receptionist said.

He nodded, "Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the snooze, then. And try not to wander off; I hear there's been some trouble with people doing that in the past."

"I see, well this is the building the damned elevator game comes from right? I will try to avoid ending up lost in the Umbra somewhere."
Rodger said and frowned.

He waited for Rodger to open the shuttle door, ""Well, then, we're off. Might bring more than one passenger back, if I can get hold of my lawyer while I'm there."

"One more passanger is not a problem."
The Etherite said as he threw the switches that would open the hatch. Outside you saw the dark, bleak landscape with the blood red cross glowing like a moon in the distance. On the floor of the roof itself stood a woman waiting, she was about 50 dressed in long flowing skirts, a yellow top, a brown leather jacket and with her long, black hair tied away from her face with a red scarf, a messanger bag hung over her shoulder, beside her stood a kid, he was not any older than Anna, he was holding onto a handheld gaming machine and he looked nervously at you with his big, sad, black eyes.
"Sweet heaven he is just a child do you think that is the one who...I mean Sir who have been..."
Heather muttered horrified. You notice a group of three waiting for the elewator as well, probably the other Mercere who had other places to visit than the woman in the flwing skirt and her apprentice.

(OOC: Ok let us call it the MacAllister Building then just to pull a name out of my ample ass.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 pm

"Ah I should have considered that poor girl." Darrian said. "Let us just keep her at the common room for now she have cooperated and she is on the serum she is pretty much helpless, we should probably change her bindings to, switch the tape for a pair of cuffs to make her a bit more comfortable now that we are no longer in a combat situation." The alchemist said. "I will inform the Deacon that we keep her in the common room I am pretty sure he will not protest also do we have an infirmary now? I guess we really do need one." He muttered.

"Yeah, I didn't realise it either. I'll find a spot for her out of the way if I can," he said, checking for a place she wouldn't be in the middle of foot traffic but somewhere they could keep an eye on her. "I don't have any cuffs," he told Darrian. "The Deacon might be busy with something for a minute, he was taking care of something complicated just after we got in but he may be through with it by now, I'm not sure. I can go check on him too," he offered. He didn't want to barge in on him while doing a tricky transport, or bother him with a message, but he was of course concerned about him and also Hannah. "But we will need someone to watch over her still. And yes, it's a bit makeshift but they set something upstairs, in the attic."

"Ahhh the best drink. Coming right up." Serge said with a smile. He quickly dashed to the common room and brought back a glass of water.

"If there are some spare water bottles bring a few, others might want them. Thank you. Ah, and please take care with names, for now, she is technically a prisoner and it is a good practice to be careful of what gets out."

"Your hands are a bit tied up right now but they'll change your bindings soon. When they do you can have a sip." he said placing the glass on a nearby table close to where Cecilia would be resting.

"There might be some straws in one of the drawers."

"Thank you Sir." Cecilia said and she smiled a little. "Well have some use of my hands would be nice my shoulders are getting a little sore but I am ok, the bindings do not hurt." She muttered.

He checked the bindings to make sure she was still getting enough circulation; sometimes a lack of feeling was a sign in itself.

"I understand Sir." Cecilia muttered and she shivered."And what of the Prelatus will he...just be kept in jail?" She asked nervously. "Then he could escape and take revenge on..." She started sobbing and looked away.
"I'm sure for someone with a track record like him, an appropriate punishment will be given." he said simply. He wanted to say more but he had a feeling going into detail on the punishments given to fallen prisoner's wouldn't be a wise topic to get into in front of a fallen prisoner.
"Wallace Jace will be completley wiped out of existence, perhaps not in the Nephandi version of that, but he will die body and soul."
Darrian said and Cecilia nodded. "And you are sure he can not come back from that Sir?" She asked and the Solificato nodded darkly. "Cimpletely sure young Miss."

He nodded in agreement. "He will stand trial; I can't think he will get a lenient sentencing. He certainly does not deserve one."

Assuming he did not go upstairs to check on Narim right then, he put down a shorthand series of notes careful of names from Colin's orders so that he did not forget anything, especially the complicated information about Delisse. He wanted to get as much done as needed to be before he hit his wall - it was there, on its way and if he sat down now it might induce it to arrive sooner than later, though he could only put it off so long. Then he wrote a note to Serge, adding the relevant information about the people they took upstairs and detailing a bit about the one man who had awakened. If he did go upstairs, he would write the same at first sensible chance to do so.

He handed the note to Serge. His cursive handwriting was fast, heavy, and small but spaced widely with thinly looped lettering and the crosses on the T's long. 'One of the men upstairs (description) is newly awakened - his avatar is young and he awakened while being experimented upon. His avatar was not meant to awaken yet and was lingering nearby him, waiting for that awful gas to let her back to him. He will need a lot of help when he wakes up, for he will likely be confused, terrified and traumatized. He may not know where he is, or think he is still in the lab. He will need to be treated kindly and we will need to find a mentor for him but that is all for later, I am telling you so that if he wakes up someone friendly can be there to help calm him down for his mental and physical wellbeing must be stabilized first. He also talked once, about the fish before passing out again, I believe - so perhaps taking them to him would be good, after we check if they are not someone else's familiar.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Anja's Post:

'Choir: preaching to.' Nicole replied with a little roll of the eyes. 'After all, it's why us and the Adepts jumped ship.'

Anja's Post:

'That...' she bit her lip nervously '-we allow him to run for it if he wants to. Patch him up, get him some clothes, a bit of cash, a fake ID if possible. Drop him off at some train station outside of the city and watch him vanish.' a short silence before continuing.

'A fucked position, he's in. Can't go... well, won't go back. But does not know where to go or do. Don't know either the whole reason why he won't go either. Might be having second thoughts on shit. Plus...' a flicker of an evil grin here '-at the moment the Mirrorshades will see him as a "POW". If he runs for it he becomes a deserter.' ending with a "what do you think?" look to Thorn.

[Pulling names out at random can be risky. I've on three occasions done that and ended up giving the same name to different people/places...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 pm

"Well it only takes that one rotten apple to spoil the whole basket Sir."
Heather said and sigh.
"What happened to the other infernalists, like the group Lady Dalisse was of, why are they not with the Nephandi today, if they where and kept the Malfeans at bay perhaps they would be less of a problem."
Colin grimaced, "What happened to the other Nephandi? Well... when the Malfeans took over, it wound up as essentially a question of join them or die. Not all of them Fell; Dalisse could not be brought to that, owing to her Handling a polyp already, but most... died or Fell. Keep in mind, most of the Nephandi, even then, were on the Order of Hermes' hit list, for more or less justifiable reasons..."

The woman responded but in a hushed tone so her apprentice would not hear.
"Many of my House have lost our magickal abilities in some way but very few have lost our Avatars, I know of one man on Morningstar for example who are still Awakened but trauma prevents him from using his powers...and and off course the Deacon Primus of the Post Office...I heard about the loss of his Chantry House, how is he and his Chantrymates fearing?"
She said sounding relieved that there had not been some horrible tradgedy on Morningstar.
He frowned, pushing the button to reply again, "Quite so... Wolfgang was... tortured by the Fallen before we could rescue him. Last I saw, he was still rather catatonic, though not beyond hope. The rest of the Chantry are largely in good health, I believe... we even saved the chickens."

"Brave they are my good man, very brave at that, but tragic as well. Now when it comes to linear magi I would not know our own linear scientists...well let us just say they are not always treated the best in my Tradition unfortunatly so I do not know how far their capabilities reach but some of them can get quite impressive."
Rodger said and nodded but he was still just a little bit pale from the topic of conversation.
He frowned, "They're not receiving the best treatment and attitude in most Traditions, it seems... It's a shame, really, since they can get astounding things done in public."

"Very well Sir your car is on it's way, have a nice day."
The taxi company receptionist said.
"Likewise, ma'am."

"I see, well this is the building the damned elevator game comes from right? I will try to avoid ending up lost in the Umbra somewhere."
Rodger said and frowned.
He nodded, "The very one, yes. I'd rather not lose you now; I don't like drinking alone."

"One more passanger is not a problem."
The Etherite said as he threw the switches that would open the hatch. Outside you saw the dark, bleak landscape with the blood red cross glowing like a moon in the distance. On the floor of the roof itself stood a woman waiting, she was about 50 dressed in long flowing skirts, a yellow top, a brown leather jacket and with her long, black hair tied away from her face with a red scarf, a messanger bag hung over her shoulder, beside her stood a kid, he was not any older than Anna, he was holding onto a handheld gaming machine and he looked nervously at you with his big, sad, black eyes.
"Sweet heaven he is just a child do you think that is the one who...I mean Sir who have been..."
Heather muttered horrified. You notice a group of three waiting for the elewator as well, probably the other Mercere who had other places to visit than the woman in the flwing skirt and her apprentice.
He nodded, responding softly to Heather, "Yes, he looks about Anna's age... and yes, it seems he's the one."
He gently took Heather by the arm and started walking calmly toward the Mercere, smiling politely and sticking out his hand when he was close enough, "Colin Wainwright, ma'am, and this is Heather Wellspring of the Hagalaz, of the Cult of Ecstasy."

((OOC: The MacAllister Building works. As for different places/people having the same name, well, there are 28 places called Bergen around the globe, and some 45K people named John Smith in the US alone... People are surprisingly uninventive when it comes to names. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Adley wrote:"If there are some spare water bottles bring a few, others might want them. Thank you. Ah, and please take care with names, for now, she is technically a prisoner and it is a good practice to be careful of what gets out."

"Oh. Sorry about that." Serge said nervously remembering that he had called Adley by his real name. He had forgotten how seriously the Hermetics took their names and keeping their real ones a secret. "I'll try to remember that in the future Sir."

Adley wrote:"There might be some straws in one of the drawers."

"We have straws? That's a much better solution. Why didn't I think of that....I love straws." Serge said a he hurried back to the nearby kitchen to pick up a couple of water bottles (if they were there) and search for a straw for Cecilia.

"Wallace Jace will be completley wiped out of existence, perhaps not in the Nephandi version of that, but he will die body and soul."
Darrian said and Cecilia nodded.
"And you are sure he can not come back from that Sir?"
She asked and the Solificato nodded darkly.
"Cimpletely sure young Miss."
Adley wrote:He nodded in agreement. "He will stand trial; I can't think he will get a lenient sentencing. He certainly does not deserve one."

"Sounds about right considering all that bastard's done." Serge commented angrily, an image of his heavily injured mentor slowly floating through his mind.

Adley wrote:He handed the note to Serge. His cursive handwriting was fast, heavy, and small but spaced widely with thinly looped lettering and the crosses on the T's long. 'One of the men upstairs (description) is newly awakened - his avatar is young and he awakened while being experimented upon. His avatar was not meant to awaken yet and was lingering nearby him, waiting for that awful gas to let her back to him. He will need a lot of help when he wakes up, for he will likely be confused, terrified and traumatized. He may not know where he is, or think he is still in the lab. He will need to be treated kindly and we will need to find a mentor for him but that is all for later, I am telling you so that if he wakes up someone friendly can be there to help calm him down for his mental and physical wellbeing must be stabilized first. He also talked once, about the fish before passing out again, I believe - so perhaps taking them to him would be good, after we check if they are not someone else's familiar.'

Serge took the note and read it to himself carefully, nodding every once in a while to assure himself that he understood what he was reading. He frowned as he read the note, not particularly enjoying the grim story it described.

After he was done reading the note he looked back up and asked, "These fish. Where are they? Do you know?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Colin grimaced, "What happened to the other Nephandi? Well... when the Malfeans took over, it wound up as essentially a question of join them or die. Not all of them Fell; Dalisse could not be brought to that, owing to her Handling a polyp already, but most... died or Fell. Keep in mind, most of the Nephandi, even then, were on the Order of Hermes' hit list, for more or less justifiable reasons..."

"I see Sir, well it is a shame it ended up like it did then."
Heather said then she smiled.
"At least Lady Dalisse and her ship are free now right? Free to go to the Deep Umbra where they want to go."

He frowned, pushing the button to reply again, "Quite so... Wolfgang was... tortured by the Fallen before we could rescue him. Last I saw, he was still rather catatonic, though not beyond hope. The rest of the Chantry are largely in good health, I believe... we even saved the chickens."

"I am glad the others are fine but I worry about the Deacon Primus, those walking the Founder's Path are often...fragile, I hope he will recover he is a good man."
The woman said softly.
"Ah the Deacon's chickens, he is still rescuing them then I see? He adopt unloved pet birds and bring them home."

He frowned, "They're not receiving the best treatment and attitude in most Traditions, it seems... It's a shame, really, since they can get astounding things done in public."

"Linear magi have quite a bit of potential but yes most other than the Order see them as little other than lab assistants and servants even when they are initiated members of said Tradition."
Rodger said and nodded.

He nodded, "The very one, yes. I'd rather not lose you now; I don't like drinking alone."

"I will try to avoid getting lost then, but really this is a creepy place to build an Umbral port, makes me wonder if the domed reserch ship is somehow leaking."
The Etherite grumbeled.
"But you are right drinking with a friend is so much more enjoyable."

He nodded, responding softly to Heather, "Yes, he looks about Anna's age... and yes, it seems he's the one."

Heather's eyes grew wide.
"Poor thing...who would do such a thing to a child that young Sir?"
She whispered.

He gently took Heather by the arm and started walking calmly toward the Mercere, smiling politely and sticking out his hand when he was close enough, "Colin Wainwright, ma'am, and this is Heather Wellspring of the Hagalaz, of the Cult of Ecstasy."

"Felicia Daventry Hermes bani Fortunae ex Mercere."
The woman said politely and took your hand firmly then she greeted Heather the same way.
"A pleasure to meet you both this is my student Avery Lindon."
She said and the boy gave you both sad looks and a slight bow but he said nothing.
"Please do not be offended Avery is shy it takes him some time to warm up to new pepole she said and frowned.
"And it have been a long day for the boy he do not mean to be rude."
The Red Cap assured you.

[Adley and Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah, I didn't realise it either. I'll find a spot for her out of the way if I can," he said, checking for a place she wouldn't be in the middle of foot traffic but somewhere they could keep an eye on her.

Most of the tables where free so you found one in a corner where it would be easy to keep an eye on Cecilia but she would also be out of the way. Darrian nodded.
"That sounds like a good idea Sodalis."
He commented.

"I don't have any cuffs," he told Darrian. "The Deacon might be busy with something for a minute, he was taking care of something complicated just after we got in but he may be through with it by now, I'm not sure. I can go check on him too," he offered. He didn't want to barge in on him while doing a tricky transport, or bother him with a message, but he was of course concerned about him and also Hannah. "But we will need someone to watch over her still. And yes, it's a bit makeshift but they set something upstairs, in the attic."

"I will get a pair of cuffs as for the Deacon very well we should give him a bit of time then so we do not disturb him, if you could inform him after that though Sodalis that would be helpful."
Darrian said.
"I can leave Mundi to watch over her, he would never harm her but he will not let her leave her seat either if I tell him to."
The achemist suggjested.

He checked the bindings to make sure she was still getting enough circulation; sometimes a lack of feeling was a sign in itself.

Her hands where still warm, with duct tape one did not need to make the wrapping very tight to make it secure, mostly it was probably her shoulders getting stif from being locked in the same position for so long.

He nodded in agreement. "He will stand trial; I can't think he will get a lenient sentencing. He certainly does not deserve one."

"I hope you are right Sir."
Cecilia said and she shivered.
"I am still afraid of him though."
She muttered.

Assuming he did not go upstairs to check on Narim right then, he put down a shorthand series of notes careful of names from Colin's orders so that he did not forget anything, especially the complicated information about Delisse. He wanted to get as much done as needed to be before he hit his wall - it was there, on its way and if he sat down now it might induce it to arrive sooner than later, though he could only put it off so long. Then he wrote a note to Serge, adding the relevant information about the people they took upstairs and detailing a bit about the one man who had awakened. If he did go upstairs, he would write the same at first sensible chance to do so.

You wrote down Colin's instruction, information of the rescuees and the other information you needed written down, you had a little bit of time to do so to make sure Narim was done helping Hannah before you went to see him.

"We have straws? That's a much better solution. Why didn't I think of that....I love straws." Serge said a he hurried back to the nearby kitchen to pick up a couple of water bottle (if they were there) and search for a straw for Cecilia.

There where water bottles in the fridge and you found a pack of colorful straws in a cabinet that also contained muffin cups, paper cups and several boxes of instant cake mix.

"Sounds about right considering all that bastard's done." Serge commented angrily, an image of his heavily injured mentor slowly floating through his mind.

"The man will never harm anyone again."
The punk girl who was catching her breath nearby anounced.
"Fuck him!"
The man next to her tried to sush his friend.
"Language Theodora."
This earned him a scowl.
"Sit down and drink your tea Francis!"
The punk girl ordered and the man named Francis sigh and obeyed.

After he was done reading the note he looked back up and said, "These fish. Where are they? Do you know?"

Darrian pointed at a bowl on one of the tables containing two somewhat confused looking orange goldfish.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

'Choir: preaching to.' Nicole replied with a little roll of the eyes. 'After all, it's why us and the Adepts jumped ship.'

"I thought the Adepts ujumped ship because the Union took their Ether away?"
Thorn said with a bit of a wry smile.
"But yes I get that and we are glad to have you, and I understand jumping ship is this is the kind of treatment the Union would give it's own."

'That...' she bit her lip nervously '-we allow him to run for it if he wants to. Patch him up, get him some clothes, a bit of cash, a fake ID if possible. Drop him off at some train station outside of the city and watch him vanish.' a short silence before continuing.

'A fucked position, he's in. Can't go... well, won't go back. But does not know where to go or do. Don't know either the whole reason why he won't go either. Might be having second thoughts on shit. Plus...' a flicker of an evil grin here '-at the moment the Mirrorshades will see him as a "POW". If he runs for it he becomes a deserter.' ending with a "what do you think?" look to Thorn.

"That is not a bad idea, it will at least give the man a chance and once he actually is a deserter, if one of the Traditions can find him them, offer him aid, chances are we can get him and what knowledge he posess on our side."
Thorn said and nodded.
"It is both the most humane thing to do and perhaps the most tactical...I do not know how to make fake IDs though but I do have a little bit of money in cash on me that I could send with him."
The Verbena said and he nodded his agreement.

(OOC: We have a couple of characters with the same names in this game, for example the young Orphan Tane have befriended and the evil slaver widderslainte bitch from hell are both named Lily. I have no problem with this it is not uncommon for some to have the same name, at the psycriatric day ceter I go to for example we have two Christer and four Alexander.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 pm

There where water bottles in the fridge and you found a pack of colorful straws in a cabinet that also contained muffin cups, paper cups and several boxes of instant cake mix.

Serge brought a couple water bottles back as well as placed a straw in Cecilia's glass of water to allow her to drink it more effectively.

"The man will never harm anyone again."
The punk girl who was catching her breath nearby anounced.
"Fuck him!"
The man next to her tried to sush his friend.
"Language Theodora."
This earned him a scowl.
"Sit down and drink your tea Francis!"
The punk girl ordered and the man named Francis sigh and obeyed.

"Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Theodora. I just spent a good while learning about the horrors he committed and seeing what they've done to people." Serge commented with a slight shiver as he remembered Arn, Jen, and the now 5 new members who likely had their own stories.  

Darrian pointed at a bowl on one of the tables containing two somewhat confused looking orange goldfish.

"I didn't even see these guys." Serge said as he went up to the bowl to get a better look at the goldfish. "Hey fishy fishy fishies. You don't really expect their to be pets in a labyrinth"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 pm

"I see Sir, well it is a shame it ended up like it did then."
Heather said then she smiled.
"At least Lady Dalisse and her ship are free now right? Free to go to the Deep Umbra where they want to go."
Colin nodded, "I don't think there's anyone who could stop her now, even if they wanted. I did most certainly not want to, and the Aswadim who swung by could not, bound by the restrictions that bind all Oracles on either side... Polite fellow, really."

"I am glad the others are fine but I worry about the Deacon Primus, those walking the Founder's Path are often...fragile, I hope he will recover he is a good man."
The woman said softly.
"Ah the Deacon's chickens, he is still rescuing them then I see? He adopt unloved pet birds and bring them home."
He pushed the button, "I don't think he will stop doing that until his dying day... and I can understand why. I hope he gets to rescue a lot more..."

"I will try to avoid getting lost then, but really this is a creepy place to build an Umbral port, makes me wonder if the domed reserch ship is somehow leaking."
The Etherite grumbeled.
"But you are right drinking with a friend is so much more enjoyable."
He looked outside, frowning, "I'm not sure, I only saw this place for the first time today... but it seems the ship accidentally entered the Caul dimension, much like the movie Event Horizon. This place... does not really feel like that; it feels more like a particularly strict church-run school, with the sternest of nuns watching over you like a bird of prey waiting for a mistake... Then again, I would not deem it impossible that a little bit of the Mary's Serafina's Resonance is bleeding off into the environment, but if that were the case, it would probably be a lot more obvious around the ship itself..."

Heather's eyes grew wide.
"Poor thing...who would do such a thing to a child that young Sir?"
She whispered.
He frowned, "The Traditions would, upon finding a Widderslainte... I understand the reasoning behind it, even if I don't agree with the standard practice."

"Felicia Daventry Hermes bani Fortunae ex Mercere."
The woman said politely and took your hand firmly then she greeted Heather the same way.
"A pleasure to meet you both this is my student Avery Lindon."
She said and the boy gave you both sad looks and a slight bow but he said nothing.
"Please do not be offended Avery is shy it takes him some time to warm up to new pepole she said and frowned.
"And it have been a long day for the boy he do not mean to be rude."
The Red Cap assured you.
He smiled, "Quite alright; with a face like mine, I'm used to people taking a little time to warm up to me, in any case. Besides, I am sure he's had a long trip already... Shall we head downstairs? Our ride should be here any minute, and the elevator does have its... eccentricities."

((OOC: Hum, question, though - would Jace actually be afforded a trial, being a Fallen Technocrat?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nah, that's us. And it was more like a symbol that the Union was becoming something we wanted no part of, if I remember right.'

'Jumping ship happens more than you'd know. Couple of my teaches started off in the Union.' she commented thoughtfully. 'But his head's all over the place right now... not the time to strongarm him into anything. Think...' looking thoughtful for a moment. '-more than anything else, he needs time to go off and sort out his head-space.'

'Three things we need to do, I think. Firstly, get the nod for this from someone with clout. If we get that, put it to the guy. If he buys it, then see if we can't scrounge a bit of gear off the Chantry.'

[While RL is like that, I do my best *not* to do that in games. Different names makes it much better for folk to not get confused.]

[A half-decent 'third option', if I don't say so myself. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 pm

'Nah, that's us. And it was more like a symbol that the Union was becoming something we wanted no part of, if I remember right.'

"Ah yes that makes sense you are the ones talking about Ether, but yes I guess that while the Union where still enemies before they changed from being the Order of Reason to being the Technocratic Union, they have fallen far since then and while they had honor before now they have no heart.
Thorn grumbeled.

'Jumping ship happens more than you'd know. Couple of my teaches started off in the Union.' she commented thoughtfully. 'But his head's all over the place right now... not the time to strongarm him into anything. Think...' looking thoughtful for a moment. '-more than anything else, he needs time to go off and sort out his head-space.'

"I agree so if we can buy him that time, help him escape from the Union and get some time to think and heal we might get him on our side."
The Verbena nodded.
"I know, there is a woman in my Tradition that left the Syndicate and became Verbena, and the more of their guys that join the Traditions the fewer guys they have to shoot at me."
The healer reasoned.

'Three things we need to do, I think. Firstly, get the nod for this from someone with clout. If we get that, put it to the guy. If he buys it, then see if we can't scrounge a bit of gear off the Chantry.'

"Hum...you are right, the others might be back in our physical reality by now we could try to call your Chantry's Chief or one of my Chantry's Deacons?"
Thorn suggjested.

[Adley and Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Serge brought a couple water bottles back as well as placed a straw in Cecilia's glass of water to allow her to drink it more effectively.

"Thank you Sir."
Cecilia said, she leaned forward a bit and took a sip of the water and gave you a small smile.

"Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Theodora. I just spent a good while learning about the horrors he committed and seeing what they've done to people." Serge commented with a slight shiver as he remembered Arn, Jen, and the now 5 new members who likely had their own stories.

"Oh do not get me wrong I am not saying I do not think that this Jace person should be given any leniency what I had a problem with was my Cabalmate swearing when we are visiting another Chantry."
The dark haired young man frowned and the punk haired girl grinned.
"Ah you have to forgive my friend here kid, he have a stick stuck up his ass."
She said in a fond tone of voice and her friend gave her a bit of a glare.

"I didn't even see these guys." Serge said as he went up to the bowl to get a better look at the goldfish. "Hey fishy fishy fishies. You don't really expect their to be pets in a labyrinth"

The two orange fishes swam to the surface of their water bowls and opened their mouths eagerly they where used to pepole talking to them meaning fishflakes would soon rain from the sky, both of the goldfish where veil tails, orange and quite plump.
"Nephandi are human to young man, well most of them, and perhaps they find it easier to find that bit of human closeness with an animal than with their fellow Fallen."
Darrian said as he petted his big black dog.
"We have to make sure they actually are pets though...and not something else, at first glance my Mundi to would appear to be just a pet."

Colin nodded, "I don't think there's anyone who could stop her now, even if they wanted. I did most certainly not want to, and the Aswadim who swung by could not, bound by the restrictions that bind all Oracles on either side... Polite fellow, really."

"Well that is good I wish her the best...hey wait did you say Aswadim Sir you actually talked with one of the Fallen oracles I...I..."
Heather just looked at you with her mouth agape in shock. Rodger gave you a bit of a look as well.
"No wonder you need a drink."
He muttered.

He pushed the button, "I don't think he will stop doing that until his dying day... and I can understand why. I hope he gets to rescue a lot more..."

"No I suppose you are right, and the Deacon Primus do so love those chickens, well all animals really and I agree I hope he gets to rescue allot more before his end."
The voice on the radio said.

He looked outside, frowning, "I'm not sure, I only saw this place for the first time today... but it seems the ship accidentally entered the Caul dimension, much like the movie Event Horizon. This place... does not really feel like that; it feels more like a particularly strict church-run school, with the sternest of nuns watching over you like a bird of prey waiting for a mistake... Then again, I would not deem it impossible that a little bit of the Mary's Serafina's Resonance is bleeding off into the environment, but if that were the case, it would probably be a lot more obvious around the ship itself..."

"The Caul dimension...that is quite bad. You are probably right though what is here do not feel directly evil or destructive it just feel strange and wrong."
Rodger said and he took another swing of his flask.
"Hopefully none of the doomed ship's Resonance is leaking out and I have seen Event Horizon, good movie but I would not want to be a part of it to say it like that."

He frowned, "The Traditions would, upon finding a Widderslainte... I understand the reasoning behind it, even if I don't agree with the standard practice."

"But he is so young and so cute Sir."
Heather said as if being cute should protect someone from Gilgul, then again if it did Beatrice would have been safe.

He smiled, "Quite alright; with a face like mine, I'm used to people taking a little time to warm up to me, in any case. Besides, I am sure he's had a long trip already... Shall we head downstairs? Our ride should be here any minute, and the elevator does have its... eccentricities."

"It is not your face that is the problem Mr Wainwright my student are reserved with everyone I am afraid and yes it have been a long trip and this is one of those days where he refuse to eat and things...well that is not something to burden you will but I do apologize for the boy's behavior."
Felicia said.
"But yes let us get downstairs, the elevator indeed have some time consuming rules."
She said and she took her apprentice's hand and led him towards the elevavtor, the boy looked at you for a moment with his big, sad eyes but he said nothing.

(OOC: I try to give everyone different names but if two minor NPCs get a similar or the same name that do not bother me it is that way in real life as well.)

(OOC 2: Nope they are probably preparing the ritual for him to be ready when he gets shipped up there considering how dangerous he is. Jace can kiss his Avatar goodbye most likely.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 pm

'My membership here less than a day old, it is. All my contacts are hundreds of miles off. You'll carry more weight on this.' Nicole replied. 'Though there's nothing actually stopping me giving the Chief a try if your lot says "screw you". Well... unless they explicitly forbid doing that.' ending with a tiny grin.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4 PM]
"Well that is good I wish her the best...hey wait did you say Aswadim Sir you actually talked with one of the Fallen oracles I...I..."
Heather just looked at you with her mouth agape in shock. Rodger gave you a bit of a look as well.
"No wonder you need a drink."
He muttered.
Colin grinned, "I expected that would shock you... Yes, he swung by the Handler's room to thank me, and by extension everyone else fighting in the Labyrinth to stop Larson's plan. She tried to enslave him, you know - just as rude for the Fallen as it would be for us to do something like that to our own Oracles."
He looked at Rodger, "He owes everyone who fought a single true answer... I don't think he included you, though, what with you being outside the ship the whole time. Though I suppose you'll be quite as happy with that state of affairs, all the same... the man's quite imposing, even if he's not trying to be. Rather friendly, too, though I suppose that's as much of a practical approach as anything, since he's not allowed to actually act within the confines of Reality. That goes for ours, as well, it seems... Just advise, never act. Well, in any case, I suppose I'll have to say hello to his family, as well; they live at Morningstar, you know..."

"The Caul dimension...that is quite bad. You are probably right though what is here do not feel directly evil or destructive it just feel strange and wrong."
Rodger said and he took another swing of his flask.
"Hopefully none of the doomed ship's Resonance is leaking out and I have seen Event Horizon, good movie but I would not want to be a part of it to say it like that."
He nodded, "A little stern and oppressive, perhaps, but not an affront to Reality... Hum, I wonder how this place looked when it was established, though... Think there's somewhere we could get pictures of that?"

"But he is so young and so cute Sir."
Heather said as if being cute should protect someone from Gilgul, then again if it did Beatrice would have been safe.
He shook his head, "That, alas, is no defense... nor in fact should it be. But not all Fallen are the monsters they're made out to be, and we really should check that before condemning them..."

"It is not your face that is the problem Mr Wainwright my student are reserved with everyone I am afraid and yes it have been a long trip and this is one of those days where he refuse to eat and things...well that is not something to burden you will but I do apologize for the boy's behavior."
Felicia said.
"But yes let us get downstairs, the elevator indeed have some time consuming rules."
She said and she took her apprentice's hand and led him towards the elevavtor, the boy looked at you for a moment with his big, sad eyes but he said nothing.
He shook his head, "No apology needed."
He smiled down to Avery, extending a business card, "I think you'll do good, kid... Tell you what, if you're ever in Boston, why not swing by my shop, and I'll give you one of my lucky charms? The magic might not last for long, but they're still solid craftsmanship, and good silver, to boot. Ah, if your Mentor permits, of course?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 19, 2018 12:01 am

"Oh do not get me wrong I am not saying I do not think that this Jace person should be given any leniency what I had a problem with was my Cabalmate swearing when we are visiting another Chantry."
The dark haired young man frowned and the punk haired girl grinned.
"Ah you have to forgive my friend here kid, he have a stick stuck up his ass."
She said in a fond tone of voice and her friend gave her a bit of a glare.

Serge gave a small chuckle as he saw the two cabal mates fight. "No problem. We all have our own rules we want to follow. And after fighting in a battle you guys can do and say what you want."

The two orange fishes swam to the surface of their water bowls and opened their mouths eagerly they where used to pepole talking to them meaning fishflakes would soon rain from the sky, both of the goldfish where veil tails, orange and quite plump.

"Awww man. Sorry guys I don't have food for you. How about a potion that wards off spirits?" Serge said as he pulled out the potion that Arn gave him and slowly waved it in front of them to see how they'd react.

"Nephandi are human to young man, well most of them, and perhaps they find it easier to find that bit of human closeness with an animal than with their fellow Fallen."
Darrian said as he petted his big black dog.
"We have to make sure they actually are pets though...and not something else, at first glance my Mundi to would appear to be just a pet."[/b]

"That's true. Wonder what they think about when their chilling in the fleshy labyrinth." Serge said amusingly. As Darrien made mention of the fish not being as they seem, Serge decided to take a look at the fish through new eyes. If the magick hadn't worn off, Serge would regain his focus quickly he looked at the fish with his aura-seeing eyes that he had used on Hannah to see if their was anything off about them.

Serge wasn't too fond of mentally reading animals. He wasn't a Verbana and animal minds were simpler than humans and goldfish were much more so. This simplicity actually made it more difficult for Serge, who was much more used to the messy chaos a normal human mind contains.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 19, 2018 1:09 am

Most of the tables where free so you found one in a corner where it would be easy to keep an eye on Cecilia but she would also be out of the way. Darrian nodded.
"That sounds like a good idea Sodalis." He commented.

He found a spot for her and helped her to sit down.

"I will get a pair of cuffs as for the Deacon very well we should give him a bit of time then so we do not disturb him, if you could inform him after that though Sodalis that would be helpful."
Darrian said.
"I can leave Mundi to watch over her, he would never harm her but he will not let her leave her seat either if I tell him to."
The achemist suggjested.

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed. "I'll head upstairs soon then and report in for us too," he offered.

"Oh. Sorry about that." Serge said nervously remembering that he had called Adley by his real name. He had forgotten how seriously the Hermetics took their names and keeping their real ones a secret. "I'll try to remember that in the future Sir."

"Thank you. We have our ways of protecting ourselves but it is sometimes best simply to avoid problems when we can," he said.

"We have straws? That's a much better solution. Why didn't I think of that....I love straws." Serge said a he hurried back to the nearby kitchen to pick up a couple of water bottles (if they were there) and search for a straw for Cecilia.

"Try the top ones," he suggested.

Serge took the note and read it to himself carefully, nodding every once in a while to assure himself that he understood what he was reading. He frowned as he read the note, not particularly enjoying the grim story it described. After he was done reading the note he looked back up and asked, "These fish. Where are they? Do you know?"
"Nephandi are human to young man, well most of them, and perhaps they find it easier to find that bit of human closeness with an animal than with their fellow Fallen." Darrian said as he petted his big black dog. "We have to make sure they actually are pets though...and not something else, at first glance my Mundi to would appear to be just a pet."

He pointed towards them as Darrian did and then put out his hand for the note back. Apparently it wasn't for keeps. After he got it back, he snapped his notebook shut. "Indeed. I cannot recall if they were checked out, I think not, so please see if it were so before taking them with you upstairs. I need to report in, you have my number." He gave a nod to Darrian, "Sir," and then grabbed some water and headed quickly back upstairs this time to Ty's room where he'd seen Narim working last they spoke.

// true enough he's not a Traddie, chalk it up to Adley worrying about some other person that he actually cares about probably being arrested, I wonder who that might be >.>

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 9:27 am

Colin grinned, "I expected that would shock you... Yes, he swung by the Handler's room to thank me, and by extension everyone else fighting in the Labyrinth to stop Larson's plan. She tried to enslave him, you know - just as rude for the Fallen as it would be for us to do something like that to our own Oracles."

"Enslave an oracle, that was her plan Sir? But how, how would such a thing even be possible they are so powerful?"
Heather asked.
"And yes I imagine that would be quite rude but actually talking with him...how...how was that Sir? It must have been terrifying."

He looked at Rodger, "He owes everyone who fought a single true answer... I don't think he included you, though, what with you being outside the ship the whole time. Though I suppose you'll be quite as happy with that state of affairs, all the same...

"Well darn...I do not think I will be contacting him though, not an Aswadim I can not imagine what would be important enough to know to do that."
Rodger said and frowned.

the man's quite imposing, even if he's not trying to be. Rather friendly, too, though I suppose that's as much of a practical approach as anything, since he's not allowed to actually act within the confines of Reality. That goes for ours, as well, it seems... Just advise, never act. Well, in any case, I suppose I'll have to say hello to his family, as well; they live at Morningstar, you know..."

"I have heard Oracles have such a rule but i wonder who set it for them, or if they set it themselves if it is binding enough to also hold Aswadim to this rule."
Rodger said and Heather's eyes widened again.
"His family? The Aswadim have a family Sir?"

He nodded, "A little stern and oppressive, perhaps, but not an affront to Reality... Hum, I wonder how this place looked when it was established, though... Think there's somewhere we could get pictures of that?"

"I can see what I can dig up."
Rodger said. Heather shook her head.
"I would not know Sir perhaps some of the Virtual Adepts have such pictures."

He shook his head, "That, alas, is no defense... nor in fact should it be. But not all Fallen are the monsters they're made out to be, and we really should check that before condemning them..."

"I know Sir I have met Master Ir a few times and he is terrifying but he is not a monster, and I know that in Gary there lives an Orphan lady who's son where attemnted...ehm...that but she managed to save him, his son visit from time to time and he do not seam like a monster either."
Heather said and she nodded in agreement.

He shook his head, "No apology needed."
He smiled down to Avery, extending a business card, "I think you'll do good, kid... Tell you what, if you're ever in Boston, why not swing by my shop, and I'll give you one of my lucky charms? The magic might not last for long, but they're still solid craftsmanship, and good silver, to boot. Ah, if your Mentor permits, of course?"

The young Mercere hesitently took the card and looked at it.
"I like magical items Sir."
He eventually said. Felicia smiled just a little.
"I have no objections Mr Wainwright."
She said. Avery grabbed something from his pocket a wrapped chocholate bar, still untoched, probably an attemnt by his Mentor to entice him to eat something, you remember trying anything to get Anna to eat in the timeline where you had her on the serum.
"I have chocholate, would you like some Sir?"
The boy asked softly, still looking at you with those big, sad eyes.

[Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon)

Serge gave a small chuckle as he saw the two cabal mates fight. "No problem. We all have our own rules we want to follow. And after fighting in a battle you guys can do and say what you want."

"Why thank you."
Theodora said and she grinned a little.

"Awww man. Sorry guys I don't have food for you. How about a potion that wards off spirits?" Serge said as he pulled out the potion that Arn gave him and slowly waved it in front of them to see how they'd react.

They where svimming after the bottle happily still gaping at the surface thinking it must be fish flkakes, fish flakes after all where the greatest thing in the world to these guys.

"That's true. Wonder what they think about when their chilling in the fleshy labyrinth." Serge said amusingly. As Darrien made mention of the fish not being as they seem, Serge decided to take a look at the fish through new eyes. If the magick hadn't worn off, Serge would regain his focus quickly he looked at the fish with his aura-seeing eyes that he had used on Hannah to see if their was anything off about them.

Serge wasn't too fond of mentally reading animals. He wasn't a Verbana and animal minds were simpler than humans and goldfish were much more so. This simplicity actually made it more difficult for Serge, who was much more used to the messy chaos a normal human mind contains.

"The little fish had bright little deep red and violet auras they where hungry and also quite exited about what they thought where fish flakes, their auras where a bitt mottled and shifting indicating they where confused about their new surroundings. From this you could surmise their though process was something like this. Where are well, ah human, human do not look like our regular human, perhaps he have food...food...food...food...food.

He found a spot for her and helped her to sit down.

Cecilia sat down she gave you a hint of a smile.
"Thank you Sir."

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed. "I'll head upstairs soon then and report in for us too," he offered.

"Very well that sounds practical."
Darrian said then he hunched down and petted Mundi.
"Do not let Cecilia leave please, watch her."
He said then he stood and adressed the hedge wizard.
"Please do not leave this seat Miss, I will go and retrive bindings that will be more comfortable for you, my friend here will watch you, do not be alarmed he will not harm you at all but he will not let you leave."
He informed Cecilia and she nodded and looked at Mundi.
"O...ok Sir I will not try to run..."
She told Darrian looking a little nervous, Mundi was big and black and dangerous looking after all but the dog started wagging his tail and Cecilia smiled a little.
"Well he is actually quite cute Sir."
She muttered and Darrian smiled.
"Thank you Miss, yes he is."

He gave a nod to Darrian, "Sir," and then grabbed some water and headed quickly back upstairs this time to Ty's room where he'd seen Narim working last they spoke.

You got up to Ty's room and knocked on the door. Narim opened after a fewmoments, the Virtual Adept Master looked very pale and tired but his eyes light up when he saw you.
"Adley you are back and you are safe."
He said.
"How are everyone else? How are my Cabal?"
He asked after just a moment the celebrate that you where ok.
"Please come in."

'My membership here less than a day old, it is. All my contacts are hundreds of miles off. You'll carry more weight on this.' Nicole replied. 'Though there's nothing actually stopping me giving the Chief a try if your lot says "screw you". Well... unless they explicitly forbid doing that.' ending with a tiny grin.

"I will call in then, could you do me a favor and check on the Crat and Violet in the meantime? I know he is bound and helpless but even so he is a Technocrat after all and I worry for her safety."
Thorn requested as he fished his phone out of his pocket and started dialing a number.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 am

A nod to this, then wandered back into the office where the pair were...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

[Chicago Umbra Port, 4PM]
"Enslave an oracle, that was her plan Sir? But how, how would such a thing even be possible they are so powerful?"
Heather asked.
"And yes I imagine that would be quite rude but actually talking with him...how...how was that Sir? It must have been terrifying."
Colin nodded, "Larson had a... potent sympathetic link, one which was hard to resist... Dalisse and I took care of it. I think that annoyed Larson, so she tried to get another link... and I recovered that one, too. Then she brought a team to the armoury, and Dalisse and I managed to release a little dose of a particularly vile gas that causes a temporary Avatar separation, knocking the harridan out... You know, if I visit her in her captivity, I just might be tempted to gloat..."
He smiled wryly, "I'm pretty much past being terrified for this weekend. At least insofar as my own safety is concerned..."

"Well darn...I do not think I will be contacting him though, not an Aswadim I can not imagine what would be important enough to know to do that."
Rodger said and frowned.
He frowned, "I can think of a few questions I might want to ask him, if the situation were dire enough... if the answers could not be obtained by other means in time."

"I have heard Oracles have such a rule but i wonder who set it for them, or if they set it themselves if it is binding enough to also hold Aswadim to this rule."
Rodger said and Heather's eyes widened again.
"His family? The Aswadim have a family Sir?"
He shrugged, "Might be some sort of mutually assured destruction arrangement - if either side takes direct action, the other side wipes out the offending party... The Aswadim can't afford that, being only six. Who knows how many Oracles we have..."
He nodded, "Master Ir is the son of the Aswadim Irik. Ir's son Taliesin is a dead ringer for his grandfather, actually - eyes and all."

"I can see what I can dig up."
Rodger said. Heather shook her head.
"I would not know Sir perhaps some of the Virtual Adepts have such pictures."
He nodded, "Any change in, hm, atmosphere since then might be enlightening."

"I know Sir I have met Master Ir a few times and he is terrifying but he is not a monster, and I know that in Gary there lives an Orphan lady who's son where attemnted...ehm...that but she managed to save him, his son visit from time to time and he do not seam like a monster either."
Heather said and she nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "Young Mr. Bachmeier... He saved my Cabalmate the other day from, well... she's a widderslainte; I'm sure you can guess what nearly happened... She's on the mend, thank Heavens."

The young Mercere hesitently took the card and looked at it.
"I like magical items Sir."
He eventually said. Felicia smiled just a little.
"I have no objections Mr Wainwright."
She said. Avery grabbed something from his pocket a wrapped chocholate bar, still untoched, probably an attemnt by his Mentor to entice him to eat something, you remember trying anything to get Anna to eat in the timeline where you had her on the serum.
"I have chocholate, would you like some Sir?"
The boy asked softly, still looking at you with those big, sad eyes.
He smiled thinly, "Ah, thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I must decline... I've had a very rough couple of days, and sugars now would upset my stomach."

((OOC: That's a fair reason to mix things up, but come on, it's not like there's a precedent for buggering off and leading the Traditions on a merry chase... oh, yeah, wait, right... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 am

They where svimming after the bottle happily still gaping at the surface thinking it must be fish flkakes, fish flakes after all where the greatest thing in the world to these guys.
"The little fish had bright little deep red and violet auras they where hungry and also quite exited about what they thought where fish flakes, their auras where a bitt mottled and shifting indicating they where confused about their new surroundings. From this you could surmise their though process was something like this. Where are well, ah human, human do not look like our regular human, perhaps he have food...food...food...food...food.

"Great, now I feel like even more of a dick..." Serge said chuckling as he placed the potion back into his pockets. "I think Jane might have some fish food for these guys. I remember her saying she had fish."

Adley wrote:He pointed towards them as Darrian did and then put out his hand for the note back. Apparently it wasn't for keeps. After he got it back, he snapped his notebook shut. "Indeed. I cannot recall if they were checked out, I think not, so please see if it were so before taking them with you upstairs. I need to report in, you have my number." He gave a nod to Darrian, "Sir," and then grabbed some water and headed quickly back upstairs this time to Ty's room where he'd seen Narim working last they spoke.

Serge nodded and handed back the note when Adley requested for it. He watched Adley go back upstairs and then said to the room in general, "I should probably head back up myself. Five new guys were just teleported in and the infirmary might need my help."

Looking at the fish he had just teased Serge informed Darrien of what he saw, "From what I can tell these fish are normal fish. Their not that intelligent and their thought process is pretty simple. And no magick has been cast on them or else I would've seen it in their aura."

He turned his head to look back at Darrien, "Although I can't cover everything. When these guys get checked properly do you think you can send someone to deliver them to the infirmary?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 12:47 pm

[Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon)

"Great, now I feel like even more of a dick..." Serge said chuckling as he placed the potion back into his pockets. "I think Jane might have some fish food for these guys. I remember her saying she had fish."

The fish followed the borrle with their eyes and then returned to gaping at the surface hoping for food. Darrian nodded.
"Yes indeed young Miss Cole do keep an aquarium she might be able to spare some fish food."
The alchemist agreed.

Serge nodded and handed back the note when Adley requested for it. He watched Adley go back upstairs and then said to the room in general, "I should probably head back up myself. Five new guys were just teleported in and the infirmary might need my help."

"Very well that might be useful Mr Yager."
Darrian said and nodded.

Looking at the fish he had just teased Serge informed Darrien of what he saw, "From what I can tell these fish are normal fish. Their not that intelligent and their thought process is pretty simple. And no magick has been cast on them or else I would've seen it in their aura."

He turned his head to look back at Darrien, "Although I can't cover everything. When these guys get checked properly do you think you can send someone to deliver them to the infirmary?"

"I can scan them and carry them up if you tell me where to go."
Theodora offered. Darrian nodded at that.
"Very well, then if you all excuse me I have some errands to do."
The alchemist said he inclined his head to you and the rest of the room and gave Mundi a final pat and headed of.

(OOC: I forgot that Serge where from Westchapel then he will already know Theodora and Francis for they live there, sorry about the misunderstanding.)

Colin nodded, "Larson had a... potent sympathetic link, one which was hard to resist... Dalisse and I took care of it. I think that annoyed Larson, so she tried to get another link... and I recovered that one, too. Then she brought a team to the armoury, and Dalisse and I managed to release a little dose of a particularly vile gas that causes a temporary Avatar separation, knocking the harridan out... You know, if I visit her in her captivity, I just might be tempted to gloat..."
He smiled wryly, "I'm pretty much past being terrified for this weekend. At least insofar as my own safety is concerned..."

"There is a gas that cause one's Avatar to be seperated from the soul? That is horrifying Sir."
Heather said her eyes wide.
"It sounds like you indeed caused some trouble for this Nephandi leader."
She added and nodded.
"Yes there have been allot of things to be afraid of this week...but one thing if I may Sir did not the Nephandi have any protection against their own gas?"
The young Cultist asked.

He frowned, "I can think of a few questions I might want to ask him, if the situation were dire enough... if the answers could not be obtained by other means in time."

"The situation would have to be pretty darn dire for me to seek out the help of such a being."
Rodger said and frowned.

He shrugged, "Might be some sort of mutually assured destruction arrangement - if either side takes direct action, the other side wipes out the offending party... The Aswadim can't afford that, being only six. Who knows how many Oracles we have..."

"That could be or perhaps all Oracles are so wise they know to let us all be and develop on our own Sir."
Hannah mushed.
"Hum I guess only the Oracles themselves really knows Sir."

He nodded, "Master Ir is the son of the Aswadim Irik. Ir's son Taliesin is a dead ringer for his grandfather, actually - eyes and all."

"Master Ir is an Aswadim's son? I did not know Sir. Taliesin, the young man who is halfway merged with a Umbrood Sir?"
Heather asked her eyes growing wide again.

He nodded, "Any change in, hm, atmosphere since then might be enlightening."

"I will see what i can figure out."
Rodger agreed.

He nodded, "Young Mr. Bachmeier... He saved my Cabalmate the other day from, well... she's a widderslainte; I'm sure you can guess what nearly happened... She's on the mend, thank Heavens."

"Your Cabalmate was...was oh my I had heard rumors that something horrible allmost happened in Boston...but she will be ok Sir? Your Cabalmate? Poor woman."
Heather said and paled.

He smiled thinly, "Ah, thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I must decline... I've had a very rough couple of days, and sugars now would upset my stomach."

"I do not like having an upset stomach Sir...but mine often hurts because I do not eat, eating is hard."
The boy said flatly as he put the chocholate and your card away again and he let his Mentor lead him to the elevator, he just stood there looking at the wall while waiting for it. Felicia gave you another apologetic look.
"Again forgive the boy Mr Wainwright, when he talks, he tends to say exactly what is on his mind, hiding what he feels takes to much effort I guess, he means no offence."

You left Thorn to make the call and went back into the room you had left the Technocrat in, he was still in the corner, Violet was helping him have a drink of water, the young Verbena seamed concerned for the man's plight, looking up at you she asked.
"Would you like some water as well Miss? I have another bottle in my pack."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 19, 2018 1:00 pm

[Chicago Umbra Port, 4 PM]
"There is a gas that cause one's Avatar to be seperated from the soul? That is horrifying Sir."
Heather said her eyes wide.
"It sounds like you indeed caused some trouble for this Nephandi leader."
She added and nodded.
"Yes there have been allot of things to be afraid of this week...but one thing if I may Sir did not the Nephandi have any protection against their own gas?"
The young Cultist asked.
Colin nodded, "The gas' creator has been captured, and I don't think his recipe has been distributed... and the Fallen had protection against it, but Larson is allergic to the vaccine. That was apparently a point of some contention between her and the Fallen Progenitor who made the gas... Hopefully, there won't be any more of the gas around to trouble anyone, ever... but that might be a little bit too optimistic."

"Master Ir is an Aswadim's son? I did not know Sir. Taliesin, the young man who is halfway merged with a Umbrood Sir?"
Heather asked her eyes growing wide again.
He nodded, "It's probably best not to gossip about it, though... Ir seems to be a decent man, who willingly came to our side despite the danger. Hum... his parentage might explain why his Avatar was strong enough to fight back, come to think of it..."

"Your Cabalmate was...was oh my I had heard rumors that something horrible allmost happened in Boston...but she will be ok Sir? Your Cabalmate? Poor woman."
Heather said and paled.
He smiled thinly, "She will recover, and soon... Not a single piece of her Avatar is unaccounted for, it seems, and we have the best Avatar healer in the Traditions present to help her."

"I do not like having an upset stomach Sir...but mine often hurts because I do not eat, eating is hard."
The boy said flatly as he put the chocholate and your card away again and he let his Mentor lead him to the elevator, he just stood there looking at the wall while waiting for it. Felicia gave you another apologetic look.
"Again forgive the boy Mr Wainwright, when he talks, he tends to say exactly what is on his mind, hiding what he feels takes to much effort I guess, he means no offence."
He nodded, "Quite alright... There's a beauty and innocence to such straightforwardness. How... long has it been since... well... that?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 pm

olin nodded, "The gas' creator has been captured, and I don't think his recipe has been distributed...

"Well that is a relief Sir, I hope the gas's creator will not be allowed to make more of it."
Heather said sounding a little less worried.

and the Fallen had protection against it, but Larson is allergic to the vaccine. That was apparently a point of some contention between her and the Fallen Progenitor who made the gas... Hopefully, there won't be any more of the gas around to trouble anyone, ever... but that might be a little bit too optimistic."

"So an allargy brought a powerful Nephanda low there is a certain irony in that Sir, not a great battle or some powerful spell but a allergy."
Heather said and nodded.
"Yes I hope there will be no more of that gas ever."

He nodded, "It's probably best not to gossip about it, though... Ir seems to be a decent man, who willingly came to our side despite the danger. Hum... his parentage might explain why his Avatar was strong enough to fight back, come to think of it..."

"I...I will not gossip about it Sir."
Heather promised.
"I heard that Master Ir's Avatar was to powerful to be destroyed so they let him join the Traditions in order to keep him from going back to the Nephandi, so yes his father might be the reason why he is so powerful Sir."
She agreed.

He smiled thinly, "She will recover, and soon... Not a single piece of her Avatar is unaccounted for, it seems, and we have the best Avatar healer in the Traditions present to help her."

"That is good to hear Sir but if pieces had been...thorn of...it must have hurt...allot...poor woman she must be traumatized."
Heather whispered and shivered.

He nodded, "Quite alright... There's a beauty and innocence to such straightforwardness. How... long has it been since... well... that?"

Felicia looked at her apprentice she lowered her voice and whispered.
"Two years...he was one of the widderslainte parents that...well his parents found him crying in his bed one morning after they had slept particularly well, the boy clearly disturbed and talking about six monsters in robes hurting him...we found him in a mental hospital some time after."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 19, 2018 3:54 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4PM]
"Well that is a relief Sir, I hope the gas's creator will not be allowed to make more of it."
Heather said sounding a little less worried.
Colin nodded, a grim expression, "The man's a Fallen Technocrat... I expect he'll meet a quick, harsh treatment when he reaches Horizon..."

"So an allargy brought a powerful Nephanda low there is a certain irony in that Sir, not a great battle or some powerful spell but a allergy."
Heather said and nodded.
"Yes I hope there will be no more of that gas ever."
He nodded, "The most ambitious, ruthless Nephanda, taken down because she could not have eggs... There's a certain beauty to that, yes..."

"I...I will not gossip about it Sir."
Heather promised.
"I heard that Master Ir's Avatar was to powerful to be destroyed so they let him join the Traditions in order to keep him from going back to the Nephandi, so yes his father might be the reason why he is so powerful Sir."
She agreed.
He nodded, "I don't necessarily think he would have gone back to the Nephandi in this life, but his widderslainte would have posed a problem... so the best thing was to let him live."

"That is good to hear Sir but if pieces had been...thorn of...it must have hurt...allot...poor woman she must be traumatized."
Heather whispered and shivered.
He nodded slowly, "She's... in some pain yet. But she will heal, and recover in a grand manner. If fragments were lost, I would be less hopeful about the prognosis..."

Felicia looked at her apprentice she lowered her voice and whispered.
"Two years...he was one of the widderslainte parents that...well his parents found him crying in his bed one morning after they had slept particularly well, the boy clearly disturbed and talking about six monsters in robes hurting him...we found him in a mental hospital some time after."
He frowned and nodded, "And I'll wager nobody had observed his behaviour beforehand, either, just noticed what he was and called it in, never mind that there's enough legal precedent for such children to be raised and trained as one of us... Bloody standard practice, it's got to go..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Colin nodded, a grim expression, "The man's a Fallen Technocrat... I expect he'll meet a quick, harsh treatment when he reaches Horizon..."

Heather nodded and looked down.
"Good...I mean I feel compassion for him what he will go through is horrible to say the least but still...good riddence Sir."
The young Cultist muttered.

He nodded, "The most ambitious, ruthless Nephanda, taken down because she could not have eggs... There's a certain beauty to that, yes..."

"Yes it is, I wonder why she did what she did, made that plan that she did Sir."
Heather muttered.
"But yes there is a certain beauty in how she was stopped."

He nodded, "I don't necessarily think he would have gone back to the Nephandi in this life, but his widderslainte would have posed a problem... so the best thing was to let him live."

Heather nodded at that.
"I have only met him a few times Sir but he seams rather nice really."

He nodded slowly, "She's... in some pain yet. But she will heal, and recover in a grand manner. If fragments were lost, I would be less hopeful about the prognosis..."

"I hope all go well for her Sir, poor woman she must have been so scared."
The young Cultist whispered.

He frowned and nodded, "And I'll wager nobody had observed his behaviour beforehand, either, just noticed what he was and called it in, never mind that there's enough legal precedent for such children to be raised and trained as one of us... Bloody standard practice, it's got to go..."

"I talked with Avery's parents they had noticed some darkness in the boy, he was far to occupied with death and what he drew at school often got them called in to discuss the grotesqe imagery but he had never hurt anyone, they where far more concerned with the strange powers the boy seamed to posess, which now had stopped...yes the standard practice have to go."
Felicia said and she looked at her apprentice sadly.
"Well we should change the topic so he do not overhear us and get to upset."
She muttere as the elevator arived and opened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 19, 2018 6:23 pm

"Very well that sounds practical." Darrian said then he hunched down and petted Mundi. "Do not let Cecilia leave please, watch her." He said then he stood and adressed the hedge wizard."Please do not leave this seat Miss, I will go and retrive bindings that will be more comfortable for you, my friend here will watch you, do not be alarmed he will not harm you at all but he will not let you leave." He informed Cecilia and she nodded and looked at Mundi. "O...ok Sir I will not try to run..."
She told Darrian looking a little nervous, Mundi was big and black and dangerous looking after all but the dog started wagging his tail and Cecilia smiled a little. "Well he is actually quite cute Sir." She muttered and Darrian smiled. "Thank you Miss, yes he is."

Adley said to Cecelia, "Indeed, there is more that we should discuss as well." He didn't like leaving her, not with Colin's warning hanging like some sword of Damocles over her head, though it was not that he didn't trust Mundi. The dog spirit would no doubt do his best but the door was a tempting thing, and it was right there but if he was going to help her daughter she had to stay put. "I will need that information that you were reticent to tell me earlier," he reminded her. He glanced at Darrian, a bit worried at leaving her and added, "Well, if our sodalis are here for a moment or two then I can try to hurry back as well, that should be enough time...not that I don't trust him, of course I do." Mundi had after all been nothing but the portrait of a "good dog" him and helped them all quite a bit. He'd become fond of him, really. "When things settle down I might want a quick word with you as well, sir," he said.

"Adley you are back and you are safe." He said. "How are everyone else? How are my Cabal?" He asked after just a moment the celebrate that you where ok.
"Please come in."

He gave a rather exhausted but relieved smile back - he was in one piece and not speaking oddly, he couldn't see any paradox spirits - and then came into the room, the flights of stairs caused him to be a bit out of breath again but he shut the door behind him. He took out the tablet to write. As he wrote his update report, he said out loud, I'm glad to see you're ok too, did it go ok?" He handed the tablet to him when he was done:

'Our team with Master Haagan have returned but part of our team split, Nicole, Violet and Thorn, to take that Technocrat out and drop him off outside. They were using the portal and I don't know about the rest of the teams. They need to be evacuating that ship is leaving for the deep umbra. There are a few issues though. One captured prisoner, Cecelia Springfield, surrendered to us and has been cooperative in aided our taking of the labyrinth. She was a pawn but also an infernalist hedge wizard that was experimented on by Jace. The Chief said that if she should surrender and show us through the traps, which she did, and she was proved to not be awakened, then he would see if she could be allowed to live. We accidentally transported her to the infirmary which freaked her out, since it's like his lab and she can't go downstairs, because Jace and the others from the labyrinth are there. So she's in the common room, on the serum and bound with duct tape until we get cuffs and Mundi watching her but she will need a proper guard and holding space. She also has a daughter who is awakened and not Fallen hiding with relatives. The woman made her first investment to save her daughter from an illness but the others may pose some risk despite the serum we just don't know if it will block that for sure.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next