Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 27 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 pm

(Steelhaven Hall, 7:15 PM)
"Hum...no let us hope it will not come to that indeed."
Narim agreed in a tired tone of voice.
Colin pondered, "I have a spirit friend I might be able to get to help locating him - a chronicler, so not necessarily that good at retrieving him, but at least able to record where his travels took him, with a little luck."

"No I sppose not, poor kid."
Michael said.
"Well then we are in agreement I wil bring her to Miss Olson's room once she is done...what is she doing by the way?"
He nodded toward the little washroom, "She pulled a dart out of Master Adimari's arm, didn't even flinch. But the reality of what she handled, even with gloves, hit her about as hard as you would expect... She's washing her hands."

"Richard is protective of his sister, but I doubt Master Morgan would have allowed you to take in someone who are completley out of control even if this child have been raised in a Labyrinth."
Dr Wong said and nodded.
He nodded, "Her power is under my total control, and once we're leaving the garage, I will have to cut off most of her ability... but while we're tending to these two, her powers help restrain them, so she's still at full power."

"You tested it on yourself Mr Wainwright?"
The doctor asked and he raised and eyebrow.
"You probably will have to use a local anestetic and not a topical one, topical do not really do much when you get below the skin, the nausea now that is another matter one could give something for that but whatever or not it will work is another matter, in either case the muscle would be sore when the anestric wore of, I have treated patients who have been on the serum for some time...they had pretty bad damage to their muscelature. The serum is best reserved for capturing a prisoner I think and not to keep someone long term."
He nodded, "To understand how the stuff works, and what I condemn others to by using it... and we learned a few important details about its side effects, too - like how if someone is on it for more than three days, they will start having Primium deposits accumulating in the brain, around the pineal gland. Almost impossible to detect, and about as healthy as you would expect from any foreign matter clumping in the brain."

Anna smiled a little.
"Hi Sir...ok then I am Anna Wainwright filia Colin Wainwright."
She said and held out her hand and Michael took it and shook it gently.
"A pleasure young lady, well then we need to get your Mentor and Mr Tasselwell to the kitchen to get them patched up but perhaps you would like to meet the young girl Mr Wainwright have mentioned?"
He asked and Anna nodded.
"Ok then Miss Wainwright let me just help Mr Tasselwell to the kitchen and then I will take you to her."
He said and Anna looked at you as if to as if to ask if that was ok.
He smiled and gave Anna a nod, "If Liv is still there, tell her I said hello. Ah, she doesn't really speak English, though, but her Latin is impeccable."

((OOC: I'm sure you have. So, at my parents for a few days, and dad's mac doesn't seem to have brackets. But at least he's invested in a mouse with proper buttons now, even if the scroll wheel scrolls the wrong way... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 27 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm

[Nicole and Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"This was my second this week. I cannot forget about them, but I would like time to assimilate all that's happened. And sleep. You know, it feels to me going from one of them to another, and from what I've learned, it's like they're connected even if they have separate locations in some technical sense. It would not surprise me to find out that ultimately, all Labyrinths are one and the same one and we are removing parts of it at a time. Like keeping a disease in check, or amputating a limb," he ruminated out loud.

"Well it would not suprise med Sodalis they are organic."
Theodora said and frowned.
"I will not forget about the Labyrinth either, the knwoeldge can be useful for later for the Nephandi lost today but they are still out there and we will need to fight them again."
The Tytalus said and sigh.
"But for tonight I would like to forget and drown my sorrows."

"Well I suppose that's...realistic for training purposes." Then he shook his head a bit when she said the Flambeau burnt the flag. "I'm sure that's not a win. If you fail in your main objective for your mission, even if you gained ground and took prisoners, then you still fail. Imagine if the flag had been a main source of information, or an item that was dearly needed...the territory itself may be less important overall than achieving capturing the flag. Occupying territory overall is another goal, but is sometimes a temporary one because it takes resources to keep and maintain it, so its strategic value depends. If it's only value was the flag, well...scorched earth may be better than letting the enemy hold it but capturing it is preferable."

"Indeed it was declared a draw and the over eager baby Flambeau's Mentor had some words of wisdom for his apprentice."
Theodora said and smiled a little.
"Still it was a good exercise, practical exersises are useful in teaching our young how a real combat situation will actually unfold, an enemy will fight back allot more than a straw man with a target painted on it after all."

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the afternoon.)

Colin pondered, "I have a spirit friend I might be able to get to help locating him - a chronicler, so not necessarily that good at retrieving him, but at least able to record where his travels took him, with a little luck."

"That is one option for sure but I think there would be other Umbroods that might be able to perform such a duty with more ease."
The Virtual Adept said.

He nodded toward the little washroom, "She pulled a dart out of Master Adimari's arm, didn't even flinch. But the reality of what she handled, even with gloves, hit her about as hard as you would expect... She's washing her hands."

"I understand, well letting the girl wash her hands is a small price for her managing to function in battle."
Michael said and Udella nodded.
"She did me a favor and acted quickly."
The Quesitor said and smiled. The Akashic nodded again.
"I will have a look at the wound from the dart as well the Master Adimari it might need to be cleaned properly."
He offered and Udella nodded.
"Very well Dr Wong thank you."

He nodded, "Her power is under my total control, and once we're leaving the garage, I will have to cut off most of her ability... but while we're tending to these two, her powers help restrain them, so she's still at full power."

"I understand Mr Wainwright, well our two prisoners should be fine and controlled now. I am sure you will manage to hold the girl under control and she deserves a chance she is just a child."
Dr Wong said.

He nodded, "To understand how the stuff works, and what I condemn others to by using it... and we learned a few important details about its side effects, too - like how if someone is on it for more than three days, they will start having Primium deposits accumulating in the brain, around the pineal gland. Almost impossible to detect, and about as healthy as you would expect from any foreign matter clumping in the brain."

"Yes Richard mentioned that side effect, most disturbing."
Michael said and frowned.
"I guess that if you had not found some other way to control your apprentice the serum would have had to be used on her as well."
He said and sigh.

He smiled and gave Anna a nod, "If Liv is still there, tell her I said hello. Ah, she doesn't really speak English, though, but her Latin is impeccable."

"I will do so if I meet this Liv person Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
"I speak Latin after all."

Michael nodded.
"Ok what if I take Anna to Miss Olsen's room then and find someone to help us get everyone else into the Chantry?"
He asked and looked at the prisoners who would need to be carried.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Oh I just didn't want to bother you while you were reading." Serge said, surprised that the Master was able to read him so easily. "I was just wondering what the other elementals would correspond too. If air is mind then is earth representative of life, you know, cause of mother earth and all that? and I guess fire would be primal forces. But then what would water be?"

"Not exactly there are no element for life itself child all of the elements are pressent in life, now this would be a long lessen but generally earth is the physical and stability, water is emotions and fire is passion, but like I said such correspondences are a complex subject and you will need to get back to Master Morgan with that note before I have the time to give you such a lecture."
George said and smiled a little.

He took the paper from the Master's hand and said, "Anyways thanks for the help. This spirit certainly has a reputation. I'll bring this note to Master Morgan. Hope we can turn this guy into a traitor." he said with a wave of farewell as he left the Primus's room and returned to the scene of the possesion where he had last seen Master Morgan.

"A traitor would need an allegience Mr Yager this spirit do not it simply do favors for whoever can meet it's price but yes let us hope we can meet it and you are most welcome child."
The old magus said and smiled.
"Yes you better hurry."

You got back to Dr Lee's room but Master Morgan had not returned yet, only Dr Wong, Adley, Theodora and Nicole was there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 pm

"That is one option for sure but I think there would be other Umbroods that might be able to perform such a duty with more ease."
The Virtual Adept said.
Colin nodded, "Almost certainly. Well, we'll just have to give him a little more time to try to get home before we call a meeting to consider a rescue mission. I think we're all too shagged out to be much use for that right now."

"I understand, well letting the girl wash her hands is a small price for her managing to function in battle."
Michael said and Udella nodded.
"She did me a favor and acted quickly."
The Quesitor said and smiled. The Akashic nodded again.
"I will have a look at the wound from the dart as well the Master Adimari it might need to be cleaned properly."
He offered and Udella nodded.
"Very well Dr Wong thank you."
He smiled, "She went straight for the dart because someone was in danger from it, though - and while I am no psychiatrist, that does seem like a good instinct, at least."

"I understand Mr Wainwright, well our two prisoners should be fine and controlled now. I am sure you will manage to hold the girl under control and she deserves a chance she is just a child."
Dr Wong said.
He smiled, "With that collar she is wearing, control is not a problem. Without that collar... well, she is more skilled than me in manupilating raw magic; if she decides I am not going to cast any spells, I'm not casting any spells."

"Yes Richard mentioned that side effect, most disturbing."
"I guess that if you had not found some other way to control your apprentice the serum would have had to be used on her as well."
He said and sigh.
He nodded, frowning, "That would have been the case, yes... those were not good timelines, especially with her phobia..."

"I will do so if I meet this Liv person Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
"I speak Latin after all."
He grinned, "She's a bright kid, a few years younger than you."
He frowned and turned to Udella, "Speaking of, I want you to have a word with her father - he's going to need a good advocate, and while he is abrasive, he does have some sympathy due. He may have made a severely bad error of judgment, but he did it all to save his daughter..."

Michael nodded.
"Ok what if I take Anna to Miss Olsen's room then and find someone to help us get everyone else into the Chantry?"
He asked and looked at the prisoners who would need to be carried.
He nodded, "I believe Master Narim would be the best to coordinate whatever manpower we need - though you might want to poke your head into the basement area and ask if any of the guards posted there can lend a hand with the lugging of more prisoners."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:57 pm

"Well it would not suprise med Sodalis they are organic."
Theodora said and frowned.
"I will not forget about the Labyrinth either, the knwoeldge can be useful for later for the Nephandi lost today but they are still out there and we will need to fight them again."
The Tytalus said and sigh.
"But for tonight I would like to forget and drown my sorrows."

"We've earned a respite. But I can't think that I will be able to let myself have one...at least not like that maybe."

"Indeed it was declared a draw and the over eager baby Flambeau's Mentor had some words of wisdom for his apprentice." Theodora said and smiled a little. "Still it was a good exercise, practical exersises are useful in teaching our young how a real combat situation will actually unfold, an enemy will fight back allot more than a straw man with a target painted on it after all."

"Yes...though nothing is like the real thing...all the training in the world doesn't replace what actually happens in a battle but it helps, of course it does..." he said. "I'm trying to stay awake, sorry if I'm rambling...need to stay alert." For all he knew her, at least Theodora seemed to be herself for now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 pm

"Not exactly there are no element for life itself child all of the elements are pressent in life, now this would be a long lessen but generally earth is the physical and stability, water is emotions and fire is passion, but like I said such correspondences are a complex subject and you will need to get back to Master Morgan with that note before I have the time to give you such a lecture."
George said and smiled a little.

"Dammit, I thought I was close." Serge muttered humorously under his breath basing his hermetic knowledge on common elemental trends in kids shows and video games. .

"A traitor would need an allegience Mr Yager this spirit do not it simply do favors for whoever can meet it's price but yes let us hope we can meet it and you are most welcome child."
The old magus said and smiled.
"Yes you better hurry."

You got back to Dr Lee's room but Master Morgan had not returned yet, only Dr Wong, Adley, Theodora and Nicole was there.

Serge entered the room and looked around for Master Morgan. When he realized he wasn't there he went to the next best person, Adley, and said "Hey where'd the Master go? I just got some information on the spirit that attacked us that I wanted to pass along to him."

He was careful with saying names remembering the scolding he had received from Adley in the infirmary.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Adley's Post:

'Plenty of places that ain't Boston.'

Anja's Post:

A tiny wince on her face as the needle went in, but that was all. Seeing she was going to be here some time, pulled out her phone and started to check things.

Anja's Post:

'Now that's stupid.' Nicole's voice stated, face behind her phone. 'Should have hidden your flag, replaced it with a fake one, tail them back to theirs, then wipe them out when they think they've won and dropped their guard.'

Anja's Post:

Serge will see they'd picked a leg for the donation; a toned number which was sporting a couple of old scars, a tattoo of several flaming butterflies and the top of another poking out the top of the sock. She looks up from her phone with a mildly curious air.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 pm

'Plenty of places that ain't Boston.'

"Yeah but not many that sound not too far off." He shrugged.

'Now that's stupid.' Nicole's voice stated, face behind her phone. 'Should have hidden your flag, replaced it with a fake one, tail them back to theirs, then wipe them out when they think they've won and dropped their guard.'

"That's entirely underhanded." He glanced at her with a raised eyebrow.

Serge entered the room and looked around for Master Morgan. When he realized he wasn't there he went to the next best person, Adley, and said "Hey where'd the Master go? I just got some information on the spirit that attacked us that I wanted to pass along to him."

"I'd check downstairs on the first floor, the kitchen or his office. Do you know where the security office is?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 am

Nicole wrote:Serge will see they'd picked a leg for the donation; a toned number which was sporting a couple of old scars, a tattoo of several flaming butterflies and the top of another poking out the top of the sock. She looks up from her phone with a mildly curious air.

Serge eyed Nicole's tattoos in clear interest, wondering if he could make something similar or better. "Those are some awesome tattoos. Never thought of drawing a butterfly on fire." he said as if he commonly thought of drawing things on fire.

"Although I can't say I expected to see that kind of tattoo on you. I thought you'd have tattoos of a flaming skull or flaming guns or a flaming fist or something like that." he commented.

Adley wrote:"I'd check downstairs on the first floor, the kitchen or his office. Do you know where the security office is?"

"Yeah, I think I had to go there when I first came to the chantry." Serge said with a nod.

"Thanks. I'll search around." he said with a final wave as he exited the room and began to search for Master Morgan in the places Adley described. He went to the security office first, thinking that would be the most likely place for Master Morgan to be.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:46 am

"Yeah, I think I had to go there when I first came to the chantry." Serge said with a nod.

"He was looking for the Master alchemist, and the last place I saw him was the kitchen though that was before dinner. The office is the next place I'd imagine he might go. Otherwise, I expect he'll come back up here soon enough. And I have his phone number if you want it," he offered. "Just be careful what you say over the phone."

"Thanks. I'll search around." he said with a final wave as he exited the room

"No problem."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

[Nicole and Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"We've earned a respite. But I can't think that I will be able to let myself have one...at least not like that maybe."

"We all handle things differently Sodalis, you have to find your way to relax."
Theodora agreed.

"Yes...though nothing is like the real thing...all the training in the world doesn't replace what actually happens in a battle but it helps, of course it does..." he said. "I'm trying to stay awake, sorry if I'm rambling...need to stay alert." For all he knew her, at least Theodora seemed to be herself for now.

"I agree Sodalis no training can replace real combat experience but it do help."
The Tytalus agreed.
"Not a problem ramble away, I am hardly the one to complain."
The young Hermetic commented.

"Dammit, I thought I was close." Serge muttered humorously under his breath basing his hermetic knowledge on common elemental trends in kids shows and video games. .

"You are not as much wrong Mr Yager as oversimplifying. If you look at the shelf you got this book from, there is a small red cloth bound book, it is in English and do explain elemental correspondences, you may take it with you if you wish."
The kindly old mage said and pointed.

A tiny wince on her face as the needle went in, but that was all. Seeing she was going to be here some time, pulled out her phone and started to check things.

You had gotten a text from the Hermetic from your old Cabal who's life you had saved.
"Nicole this strange guy where at the Chantry he was asking for you, do you know someone named Namos?"
No as far as you knew you did not know anyone by that name.

"Yeah we probably should have, but we where trying to play fair, which off course was our mistake that is not how real combat works."
Theodora said and glanced over at you.
"You have a good idea though."

"That's entirely underhanded." He glanced at her with a raised eyebrow.

"So it is but it is also a good tactic, the enmy never plays fair after all."
Theodora said and shrugged.

"Thanks. I'll search around." he said with a final wave as he exited the room and began to search for Master Morgan in the places Adley described. He went to the security office first, thinking that would be the most likely place for Master Morgan to be.

You did nto have to look for long for Jeffry for he was coming up the stairs with a pucket full of supplies and a sleeping bag under his arm.
"Mr Yager."
He said when he saw you.
"What did Master Steelhaven say?"

Colin nodded, "Almost certainly. Well, we'll just have to give him a little more time to try to get home before we call a meeting to consider a rescue mission. I think we're all too shagged out to be much use for that right now."

"Agreed though I am concerned for the man."
Narim said.
"Hopefully he will find his way out here on his own."

He smiled, "She went straight for the dart because someone was in danger from it, though - and while I am no psychiatrist, that does seem like a good instinct, at least."

"It is a very good instinct, to be able to face something one is afraid of to help others show that while her Avatar might be corrupted she is a good person at the core."
Michael said and nodded.
"She did well."

He smiled, "With that collar she is wearing, control is not a problem. Without that collar... well, she is more skilled than me in manupilating raw magic; if she decides I am not going to cast any spells, I'm not casting any spells."

"She is quite impressive then, she must have a considerable talent in meta magick."
Dr Wong said sounding impressed.

He nodded, frowning, "That would have been the case, yes... those were not good timelines, especially with her phobia..."

"It would have been terrible, poor kid."
Michael said and frowned. You remember from the timeline where the serum had been used on your apprentice that Dr Wong was the one who eventually talked Jeffry into allowing you to stop using it after you had taken her to him to treat infections in her arms from the injections, after he was done treating her he had gone to Jeffry's office and the door had been closed for an hour, when he came out the old Hermetic had agreed that Anna over three months had proven herself not to be a threat and that uusing the serum should stop, especially since the girl would not survive the stress much longer.

He grinned, "She's a bright kid, a few years younger than you."

Anna smiled at that.

He frowned and turned to Udella, "Speaking of, I want you to have a word with her father - he's going to need a good advocate, and while he is abrasive, he does have some sympathy due. He may have made a severely bad error of judgment, but he did it all to save his daughter..."

"Very well Mr Wainwight I will have a talk with the man and if I can not take his case myself I will make sure another skilled advocate do so."
Udella agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "I believe Master Narim would be the best to coordinate whatever manpower we need - though you might want to poke your head into the basement area and ask if any of the guards posted there can lend a hand with the lugging of more prisoners."

"I doubt they can since there are allot of prisoners and not enough guards to tend to tem but I will contact Master Sharaya."
Michael said then he offered Anna his hand.
"Well then young lady if you will let me escort you."
He said and Anna glanced at you as if to ask if it was ok and if it was she let Michael lead her up of Rosa's room.

Some time after you get a text from Narim which said.
"Mr Wainwright would you be able to get Mr Tasselwell inside if I teleport the prisoners to where they should be?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 am

"We all handle things differently Sodalis, you have to find your way to relax." Theodora agreed.

"Too much to do."

"I agree Sodalis no training can replace real combat experience but it do help." The Tytalus agreed. "Not a problem ramble away, I am hardly the one to complain." The young Hermetic commented.

"This is the longest week of my life, so far."

"Yeah we probably should have, but we where trying to play fair, which off course was our mistake that is not how real combat works...You have a good idea though."
"So it is but it is also a good tactic, the enmy never plays fair after all."

"I didn't say it wouldn't be an effective tactic, using a decoy." He shifted where he was standing, trying to stay awake and possibly looking fidgety instead. "Course, whatever side that you're on, if you think the other side won't play fair, then it justifies you not ever having to play fair, doesn't it? Not that it's unwarranted to make assumptions in some situations depending on your enemies...most of them we've just seen and don't care to go over again anytime soon. Still, it's not a bad thing to have your own sense of fairness...even in real combat."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am

"Too much to do."

"Sometimes you have to slow down in order to get more done Sodalis."
Theodora said and smiled.

"This is the longest week of my life, so far."

The Tytalus nodded at that and she gave you a tired look.
"Yeah I hear you and for you guys at Steelhaven it would have been even worse than for the rest of us."

"I didn't say it wouldn't be an effective tactic, using a decoy." He shifted where he was standing, trying to stay awake and possibly looking fidgety instead. "Course, whatever side that you're on, if you think the other side won't play fair, then it justifies you not ever having to play fair, doesn't it? Not that it's unwarranted to make assumptions in some situations depending on your enemies...most of them we've just seen and don't care to go over again anytime soon. Still, it's not a bad thing to have your own sense of fairness...even in real combat."

"I am of House Tytalus Sodalis, we are not known for our great sense of honor bur rather of getting things done and getting things done efficiently, then again there are things I would not do on the battlefield, things where I would rather loose and die than betray those ethics, being sneaky about our team flas is not among those things though."
Theodora said and she frowned again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 am

"It is a very good instinct, to be able to face something one is afraid of to help others show that while her Avatar might be corrupted she is a good person at the core."
Michael said and nodded.
"She did well."
Colin nodded, "She'll be able to guide her big, lazy, blue dragon back home to the Light. In time."

"She is quite impressive then, she must have a considerable talent in meta magick."
Dr Wong said sounding impressed.
He nodded, "Her previous Mentor, the second-in-command in the Chicago Labyrinth, trained her as a battlefield controller. If you have someone on your side able to lock down the enemy, you've got a serious advantage. Especially if your teammate gets the enemy counterspeller first."

"It would have been terrible, poor kid."
Michael said and frowned. You remember from the timeline where the serum had been used on your apprentice that Dr Wong was the one who eventually talked Jeffry into allowing you to stop using it after you had taken her to him to treat infections in her arms from the injections, after he was done treating her he had gone to Jeffry's office and the door had been closed for an hour, when he came out the old Hermetic had agreed that Anna over three months had proven herself not to be a threat and that uusing the serum should stop, especially since the girl would not survive the stress much longer.
He frowned, "It was... You were the one who finally convinced Chief Morgan that she would not survive the stress much longer, after three months... Thank you for that, by the way, even if it won't come to that now."

"Very well Mr Wainwight I will have a talk with the man and if I can not take his case myself I will make sure another skilled advocate do so."
Udella agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "I doubt I'll be his favourite person anytime soon, seeing as I arrested him and had him disempowered and locked up... and robbed his refridgerator. All the same, I understand why he did what he did, so I feel a certain obligation to at least try to save the man's soul, for his daughter's sake."

"I doubt they can since there are allot of prisoners and not enough guards to tend to tem but I will contact Master Sharaya."
Michael said then he offered Anna his hand.
"Well then young lady if you will let me escort you."
He said and Anna glanced at you as if to ask if it was ok and if it was she let Michael lead her up of Rosa's room.
He nodded, "Sounds like a plan."
He smiled to Anna, locking down all but her ability to enhance her senses, "Go with him... I'm sorry, but I've got to restrain you now, but I'm leaving you at least the wiggle room of being able to sense things. Give Yu Die my best."

Some time after you get a text from Narim which said.
"Mr Wainwright would you be able to get Mr Tasselwell inside if I teleport the prisoners to where they should be?"
He shuffled his bags to hang from his left arm, and replied, 'You have more information than me on prisoner distribution - the two have been sedated, searched and separated from their belongings. Once they're gone from the garage, we'll head to the kitchen.'
He stepped over to Rodger and offered an arm, "Alright, Mr. Tasselwell, once Master Sharaya teleports the prisoners to suitable cells, we'll get you up to the kitchen... How appropriate for the US Army to get support from the RAF."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Colin nodded, "She'll be able to guide her big, lazy, blue dragon back home to the Light. In time."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright healing comes in many shapes and forms."
Dr Wong said and nodded.

He nodded, "Her previous Mentor, the second-in-command in the Chicago Labyrinth, trained her as a battlefield controller. If you have someone on your side able to lock down the enemy, you've got a serious advantage. Especially if your teammate gets the enemy counterspeller first."

"While I do not agree with the idea of dragging a child out onto the battlefield what you describe is a sound tactic."
Michael said and glanced towards the janitorial shed.
"If the girl is a quick spellcaster should would have been devestating on the battlefield with such skills, let her shot down enemy Awakened and then move in for the kill."

He frowned, "It was... You were the one who finally convinced Chief Morgan that she would not survive the stress much longer, after three months... Thank you for that, by the way, even if it won't come to that now."

"Three months...that are ninthy doses of the serum, poor kid."
Michael said and he shook his head sadly.
"I am glad it have not come to that this time around. A Etherite in my Chantry have the recepie, got it from a physician on Horizon and we make a tidy profiet selling the stuff but it have never felt right."

He nodded, "I doubt I'll be his favourite person anytime soon, seeing as I arrested him and had him disempowered and locked up... and robbed his refridgerator. All the same, I understand why he did what he did, so I feel a certain obligation to at least try to save the man's soul, for his daughter's sake."

Udella nodded at that.
"Well the worst case scenario are not likely to heppen but yes I will make sure he gets a proper defense."
She promised.

He nodded, "Sounds like a plan."
He smiled to Anna, locking down all but her ability to enhance her senses, "Go with him... I'm sorry, but I've got to restrain you now, but I'm leaving you at least the wiggle room of being able to sense things. Give Yu Die my best."

Anna nodded a bit sadly.
"I understand Mentor, well I guess it is not uncommon for apprentices to to be allowed to do more advanced magick without their teacher present."
She said then she smiled.
"I will tell her."
She said then she let Michael Wong lead her into the main part of the Chantry.

He shuffled his bags to hang from his left arm, and replied, 'You have more information than me on prisoner distribution - the two have been sedated, searched and separated from their belongings. Once they're gone from the garage, we'll head to the kitchen.'

You got a reply back from Narim.
"If you can put your phone right between the prioners Mr Wainwright I will take care of it."

He stepped over to Rodger and offered an arm, "Alright, Mr. Tasselwell, once Master Sharaya teleports the prisoners to suitable cells, we'll get you up to the kitchen... How appropriate for the US Army to get support from the RAF."

Rodger took your hand and let you help him to his feet he grunted in pain then tipped his hat in your direction.
"Nothing wrong with accepting a bit of assistence every now and again Mr Wainwright."
He said as Udella took his other arm over her shoulder to help out getting him to the kitchen as well, he could stand on his leg but just bearely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 pm

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright healing comes in many shapes and forms."
Dr Wong said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Note my choice of words - I said 'will be able to guide", not 'will guide'. I have faith that that's the path she'll choose, and I will try to guide her toward that end, but ultimately, the decision will come down to her. I cannot forcibly restore someone else's Avatar, nor do I think that's really a thing anyone should be able to do..."

"While I do not agree with the idea of dragging a child out onto the battlefield what you describe is a sound tactic."
Michael said and glanced towards the janitorial shed.
"If the girl is a quick spellcaster should would have been devestating on the battlefield with such skills, let her shot down enemy Awakened and then move in for the kill."
He nodded, "We first met on a covert mission; I was out to rescue a child and her mother, and Anna and one of her Labyrinthmates were there for the same purpose. My attempt to throw up a quick defense was very efficiently shut down... and she had no wards up at the time, so I was forced to shoot her to get away safely with the evacuees. Thank Heavens her companion was able to at least partially heal her; I did not know at the time how important she is..."

"Three months...that are ninthy doses of the serum, poor kid."
Michael said and he shook his head sadly.
"I am glad it have not come to that this time around. A Etherite in my Chantry have the recepie, got it from a physician on Horizon and we make a tidy profiet selling the stuff but it have never felt right."
He nodded, then frowned, giving Udella a meaningful glance, "Hum, which physician was that, if you don't mind my asking?"

Udella nodded at that.
"Well the worst case scenario are not likely to heppen but yes I will make sure he gets a proper defense."
She promised.
He nodded, "I would say the worst case scenario is all too likely. He betrayed his Cabal and his Chantry, and let loose an Avatar Eater on the premises. That's... a pretty severe offense, I would think."

Anna nodded a bit sadly.
"I understand Mentor, well I guess it is not uncommon for apprentices to to be allowed to do more advanced magick without their teacher present."
She said then she smiled.
"I will tell her."
She said then she let Michael Wong lead her into the main part of the Chantry.
He smiled thinly, "No, most seem to be somewhat restricted in what they are allowed to do - but then, for most that is merely a matter of self-policing, not an actual magical barrier. I do hope your dragon isn't too upset about being shackled like that. At least, after being completely tied down by the handcuffs."

You got a reply back from Narim.
"If you can put your phone right between the prioners Mr Wainwright I will take care of it."
He placed the phone between the two, sent back 'Done.', and took a couple of quick steps back.

Rodger took your hand and let you help him to his feet he grunted in pain then tipped his hat in your direction.
"Nothing wrong with accepting a bit of assistence every now and again Mr Wainwright."
He said as Udella took his other arm over her shoulder to help out getting him to the kitchen as well, he could stand on his leg but just bearely.
He smiled wryly, "Well, you did come to our aid when we had a bit of difficulty a hundred years ago, and then nearly thirty years later. If not for that, we might have been speaking either German or Russian now..."
He helped support Rodger up to the stairs, "Mind the steps - might want to skip up on the good foot, rest your weight on my back. Hm, perhaps a small elevator would be a good investment."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Adley's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Ain't "tactics" nothing more than refusing to play by the enemy's book? Cheating is the gift a person gives themselves.' Nicole replied, giving a smirk while quoting from "Mr Burns' Big Book of Ethics".

Adley's Post:

'If it works and I win, it's justified.' she retorted, looking back at her phone. 'Have no fucking intention doing any "honourable" last stands, me.'

Anja's Post:

A wrinkled frown; didn't know anyone by that name but admittedly knew a few shady sorts and might have forgotten to tell everyone she was leaving Detroit. Though the Lab's address wasn't something she shared out...

'Don't know. What do they look like and do they sound like they actually know me?' she texted back.

Serge's Post:

'No proper artist would do something that cliché.' Nicole replied, giving a little laugh. If Serge looked closer, he'll see that it is a pretty good tattoo.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 pm

"You are not as much wrong Mr Yager as oversimplifying. If you look at the shelf you got this book from, there is a small red cloth bound book, it is in English and do explain elemental correspondences, you may take it with you if you wish."
The kindly old mage said and pointed.

"Really? Err, ok." Serge said as he took the book specified by the Primus. "I'm not sure if I'll understand it but thanks."

Nicole wrote:'No proper artist would do something that cliché.' Nicole replied, giving a little laugh. If Serge looked closer, he'll see that it is a pretty good tattoo.

"A proper artist doesn't care about whether somethings cliche or not. They draw what they want without caring what other people have to say." Serge said simply still looking at Nicole's tattoo and copying it into his memory. "Still can't help but think that butterflies don't suit the persona you've given yourself. How about the word 'DEATH' but it's on fire!"

You did nto have to look for long for Jeffry for he was coming up the stairs with a pucket full of supplies and a sleeping bag under his arm.
"Mr Yager."
He said when he saw you.
"What did Master Steelhaven say?"

"You were right." Serge said as he held out the the piece of paper with the air elemental's name on it. "It's an air elemental that works for the highest bidder. Hides in the dark emotions of it's target until it finds an opportunity to take over. If you summon it it can be persuaded to betray it's previous owner if given enough quintessence or knowledge."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Colin nodded, "Note my choice of words - I said 'will be able to guide", not 'will guide'. I have faith that that's the path she'll choose, and I will try to guide her toward that end, but ultimately, the decision will come down to her. I cannot forcibly restore someone else's Avatar, nor do I think that's really a thing anyone should be able to do..."

"Yes I suspect that if it is possiblefor a Fallen to cleanse themselves they have to do so themselves, it is doubtfully something that can be done to them."
Michael said and nodded.

He nodded, "We first met on a covert mission; I was out to rescue a child and her mother, and Anna and one of her Labyrinthmates were there for the same purpose. My attempt to throw up a quick defense was very efficiently shut down... and she had no wards up at the time, so I was forced to shoot her to get away safely with the evacuees. Thank Heavens her companion was able to at least partially heal her; I did not know at the time how important she is..."

So what is wrong with her then are her patterns setting from the partial healing?"
Michael asked.
"I am sure my apprentice will be able to care for her well, and I will help him if it is needed."
Dr Wong promised.

He nodded, then frowned, giving Udella a meaningful glance, "Hum, which physician was that, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Ah...forgive me I have only met him once he works in the Sons of Ether clinic on Horizon his name started with a W but I do not remember I can ask my Chantrymate though he bought the recepie from the man after all."
The Akashic said and he scratched his head.

He nodded, "I would say the worst case scenario is all too likely. He betrayed his Cabal and his Chantry, and let loose an Avatar Eater on the premises. That's... a pretty severe offense, I would think."

Udella frowned.
"His name might be added to a very special list starting with Heylel Teomim, but other than among the Fallen such a punishment is rare but betraying his Chantry and Cabal to the Nephandi and risking the Avatars of his Chantrymates that is...that is pretty severe."
The Quesitor said.
"I think I should be able to avoid him ending up on said list though saving him from an execution would probably mean pressing for both Branding and indentured servitude, and for many mages being marked and enslaved would be worse than death so I am not s sure he would thank me for it."

He smiled thinly, "No, most seem to be somewhat restricted in what they are allowed to do - but then, for most that is merely a matter of self-policing, not an actual magical barrier. I do hope your dragon isn't too upset about being shackled like that. At least, after being completely tied down by the handcuffs."

"That is not how the collar work I think Mentor, it do not restrict my dragon he can move and do what he pleases the colar stops Quintessence flowing to the magick you refuse me doing, the cuffs mull the connection between mage and Avatar he did not like those but this do not really disturb him if he wish to talk to me he is not restricted from that, he would also be able to pull me into Seekings and Quiets like normal, but I can not draw Quintessence into disallowed magick."
Anna said and shook her head.
"So it is fine Mentor it is not uncomfortable. Other than it's weight I do not really feel anything it is just that if I tried to cast a Prime boldt right now it would not get any energy."

He placed the phone between the two, sent back 'Done.', and took a couple of quick steps back.

There was just a small pop as the two prisoners vanished and ai rushed in to fill inn where their mass had been earlier leaving just your phone behind on the floor.
"This Master Sharaya of yours is a most precise teleporter Mr Wainwright."
Udella said sounding impressed.

He smiled wryly, "Well, you did come to our aid when we had a bit of difficulty a hundred years ago, and then nearly thirty years later. If not for that, we might have been speaking either German or Russian now..."

"Well Russian is a pretty language, but yes you are right off course, right now we are in the same army though Mr Wainwright."
The Etherite said.
"Which is good since you are one hell of a shot my good man, and a crazy bastard as well!"
He added sounding amused.

He helped support Rodger up to the stairs, "Mind the steps - might want to skip up on the good foot, rest your weight on my back. Hm, perhaps a small elevator would be a good investment."

"I will be okey I have had worse."
Rodger said and limped as he leaned on you and jumped up the stairs on one leg, he was suprisingly steady for how dunk he was. You got the Etherite up the stairs and into the main Chantry without to much trouble though.
"Damnation I hate getting shot!"
Rodger declared as if this happened quite a bit.

'Ain't "tactics" nothing more than refusing to play by the enemy's book? Cheating is the gift a person gives themselves.' Nicole replied, giving a smirk while quoting from "Mr Burns' Big Book of Ethics".

"Which in itself is a tactic, the trick is knowing when to cheat and when it is best to follow the rules."

'If it works and I win, it's justified.' she retorted, looking back at her phone. 'Have no fucking intention doing any "honourable" last stands, me.'

"I can't really think like that, if I where to fight for no other reason than my own survival then there would be little reason, and I will not betray my friends, my Avatar or abandon them in danger for example, having honor is important even if there is times when I use trickery but I will never abandon my honor."
The Tytalus said proudly.

A wrinkled frown; didn't know anyone by that name but admittedly knew a few shady sorts and might have forgotten to tell everyone she was leaving Detroit. Though the Lab's address wasn't something she shared out...

'Don't know. What do they look like and do they sound like they actually know me?' she texted back.

You got a reply back.
"Yes it sounded like they knew you. He was a tall old man with white hair wearing a oil stained thirt and jeans."

[Serge] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Really? Err, ok." Serge said as he took the book specified by the Primus. "I'm not sure if I'll understand it but thanks."

"I am sure you will child, you hve a good head on your shoulder."
George said and smiled.

"A proper artist doesn't care about whether somethings cliche or not. They draw what they want without caring what other people have to say." Serge said simply still looking at Nicole's tattoo and copying it into his memory. "Still can't help but think that butterflies don't suit the persona you've given yourself. How about the word 'DEATH' but it's on fire!"

"Perhaps she like butterflies, this is not a TV show kid where we all need to fit into some stereotype, I like guns, my bike and poking holes in my body and putting rings in them among other things, but I also collect porcelain dolls."
Theodora commented dryly.

"You were right." Serge said as he held out the the piece of paper with the air elemental's name on it. "It's an air elemental that works for the highest bidder. Hides in the dark emotions of it's target until it finds an opportunity to take over. If you summon it it can be persuaded to betray it's previous owner if given enough quintessence or knowledge."

"Owner? no kid not owner the spirit is not owned any more than you would be owned by me if I paid you 200 bucks to draw a picture of one of my late apprentices, which I might do at some time you have the time...I would not own you, I would have paid you for a favor, in either case you have done well, once I and my student have gotten much needed rest, since right now we will not be much good to anyone, I can call this spirit and we will see what we can find out."
Jeffry said as he headed back towards Dr Lee's room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

"Perhaps she like butterflies, this is not a TV show kid where we all need to fit into some stereotype, I like guns, my bike and poking holes in my body and putting rings in them among other things, but I also collect porcelain dolls."
Theodora commented dryly.

"Everyone does fit into a stereotype if you look hard enough." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulder, noticing that Theodora was back. "All tv and other art forms do is mimic real life and its characters do the same, if a little exaggerated. And real life is then influenced by that same art. A tough girl with a secret soft side is a common trope. So is the scary military women who has a secret love of insects and pyromania."

"Owner? no kid not owner the spirit is not owned any more than you would be owned by me if I paid you 200 bucks to draw a picture of one of my late apprentices, which I might do at some time you have the time...I would not own you, I would have paid you for a favor, in either case you have done well, once I and my student have gotten much needed rest, since right now we will not be much good to anyone, I can call this spirit and we will see what we can find out."
Jeffry said as he headed back towards Dr Lee's room.

"Sorry Master Morgan, I met to say employer." he apologized profusely. "Anyways, I'll return back to the infirmary. I still need to bring the food I was asked to deliver. Let me know if their is anything more I can do to help." Serge said with a polite nod.

When he's dismissed he will return to the table where he and Nicole had left their trays.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Anja's Post:

'Don't get me wrong; I'd do that if I had to and there was no other real option. Just that I ain't gonna do it on something as stupid as "honour" alone.'

Anja's Post:

Another wrinkled frown, trying to remember if that rang a bell.

Serge's Post:

'And would I still like that in twenty years time?' Nicole replied. 'Had enough shitty ink done by your age that I've had to drop a ton of green to have covered. Plus, they're artists, and most of 'em spend their times copying the same old shit - clocks, celtic swirls and roses - day after fucking day. How would you like to spend your working life just copying pictures of fruit, kittens and Elvis?' A short pause, as Nicole let this sink in.

'Folk like me are why tattooists get into the trade in the first place. I've checked their portfolio, that I like their style. Travelled near three hundred miles to have this done...' holding up her tattoo'd arm to Serge. '-which tells the artist they're getting a reputation. Then I come in and offer them a blank canvas in which they can properly create for once.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, merely looked at her phone for a moment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

"Yes I suspect that if it is possiblefor a Fallen to cleanse themselves they have to do so themselves, it is doubtfully something that can be done to them."
Michael said and nodded.
Colin grimaced, "I fear there's only two things, in broad strokes, that can be done by external forces. Branding, and... the other thing. I'm none too keen on either."

So what is wrong with her then are her patterns setting from the partial healing?"
Michael asked.
"I am sure my apprentice will be able to care for her well, and I will help him if it is needed."
Dr Wong promised.
He nodded, "A fragile pattern, in the heart and lung area. Her companion was not without skill with healing injuries, but he was forced to flee before he was done, before Sleeper authorities arrived."
He frowned, "To add further complication, her phobia makes conventional treatment difficult where magic cannot help due to a set pattern."

"Ah...forgive me I have only met him once he works in the Sons of Ether clinic on Horizon his name started with a W but I do not remember I can ask my Chantrymate though he bought the recepie from the man after all."
The Akashic said and he scratched his head.
He nodded, "Probably the chap who discovered the formula, then. Funny thing, that, he managed to reverse-engineer a Primium-laced serum from a blood sample, as the story goes... Makes one wonder how he managed to analyze it all..."

Udella frowned.
"His name might be added to a very special list starting with Heylel Teomim, but other than among the Fallen such a punishment is rare but betraying his Chantry and Cabal to the Nephandi and risking the Avatars of his Chantrymates that is...that is pretty severe."
The Quesitor said.
"I think I should be able to avoid him ending up on said list though saving him from an execution would probably mean pressing for both Branding and indentured servitude, and for many mages being marked and enslaved would be worse than death so I am not s sure he would thank me for it."
He nodded, "Like I said, I want to try to save him, for his daughter's sake; her mother was... a member of the Labyrinth here. Mr. Bergen did not know that last detail until it was too late... I think he might agree that being indentured but alive to see his daughter grow up will be worth any cost, though - but you'll have to discuss that with him."

"That is not how the collar work I think Mentor, it do not restrict my dragon he can move and do what he pleases the colar stops Quintessence flowing to the magick you refuse me doing, the cuffs mull the connection between mage and Avatar he did not like those but this do not really disturb him if he wish to talk to me he is not restricted from that, he would also be able to pull me into Seekings and Quiets like normal, but I can not draw Quintessence into disallowed magick."
Anna said and shook her head.
"So it is fine Mentor it is not uncomfortable. Other than it's weight I do not really feel anything it is just that if I tried to cast a Prime boldt right now it would not get any energy."
He smiled, "Good, good. Wouldn't want to cause him discomfort. The bloody serum made my Avatar feel like she was a snugly wrapped mummy - quite uncomfortable. I'd not want you to have to go through that sensation every day."

There was just a small pop as the two prisoners vanished and ai rushed in to fill inn where their mass had been earlier leaving just your phone behind on the floor.
"This Master Sharaya of yours is a most precise teleporter Mr Wainwright."
Udella said sounding impressed.
He smiled as he picked up his phone again, "He had a very good teacher. But he doesn't like to talk about that part, since he would rather be allowed to stand on his own merits - which I rather expect he will. He's a genuine prodigy, and next in line for the Deacon Primus position at the Chantry."

"Well Russian is a pretty language, but yes you are right off course, right now we are in the same army though Mr Wainwright."
The Etherite said.
"Which is good since you are one hell of a shot my good man, and a crazy bastard as well!"
He added sounding amused.
He grinned, "Oh, I only do seemingly crazy stuff when I have a good feel for the odds - which, when relying on future hindsight, is a lot more secure than usual. Why, if Anna hadn't told me years from now that I managed to persuade the Handler with a copy of Dune and a block of margarine with an amusing name, I'd never have dreamed it could be done."

"I will be okey I have had worse."
Rodger said and limped as he leaned on you and jumped up the stairs on one leg, he was suprisingly steady for how dunk he was. You got the Etherite up the stairs and into the main Chantry without to much trouble though.
"Damnation I hate getting shot!"
Rodger declared as if this happened quite a bit.
He nodded sagely, "Don't we all... Still, if the choice is between a bullet and a rocket, I'll take the bullet any day of the week. Less repair work on the old fuselage. The kitchen is right through here, if you'll just... ah, Udella, would you kindly check on any drips up we might've left on the stairs?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

I will call upon all the spirits I can to help me, and I will let them guide me into the ship, while I get deeper and deeper into it i
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:53 pm

"Sometimes you have to slow down in order to get more done Sodalis." Theodora said and smiled.

He nodded, stifling a yawn with the back of one hand. "Pardon."

"Which in itself is a tactic, the trick is knowing when to cheat and when it is best to follow the rules." Theodora said and shrugged.

"Hmmm."

"I am of House Tytalus Sodalis, we are not known for our great sense of honor bur rather of getting things done and getting things done efficiently, then again there are things I would not do on the battlefield, things where I would rather loose and die than betray those ethics, being sneaky about our team flag is not among those things though."

"See? You did it again," he said to Nicole. "Bet you don't realise you're even doing it, it's become so common." Then he said, "I'll tell you what though my tactic would not to have been to burn the objective to the ground," he said with a bit of a laugh. "I haven't even cast a fireball yet. I can, but it's expected and harder to do than one might think." When he went into his gauntlet test, it seemed like half or more of the apprentices or more could huck around fireballs but he couldn't yet and had to rely on what was available instead.

"I can't really think like that, if I where to fight for no other reason than my own survival then there would be little reason, and I will not betray my friends, my Avatar or abandon them in danger for example, having honor is important even if there is times when I use trickery but I will never abandon my honor."
The Tytalus said proudly.

"The ends justify the means don't always leave many means that mean anything left." Then he squinted, going over what he said in his mind as if to ensure it made sense.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm

'Don't get me wrong; I'd do that if I had to and there was no other real option. Just that I ain't gonna do it on something as stupid as "honour" alone.'

"I guess it depend on what honor is to you to me honor is being reiable, that my allies knows that if I have said I will be there to cover their exit, I will be there to cover their exit since one day I will be the one who need my exit guarded."
Theodora said.

Another wrinkled frown, trying to remember if that rang a bell.

"It did not, you did not know the man described.

He nodded, stifling a yawn with the back of one hand. "Pardon."

"Oh not a problem Sodalis."
Theodora said and smiled.

"See? You did it again," he said to Nicole. "Bet you don't realise you're even doing it, it's become so common." Then he said, "I'll tell you what though my tactic would not to have been to burn the objective to the ground," he said with a bit of a laugh. "I haven't even cast a fireball yet. I can, but it's expected and harder to do than one might think." When he went into his gauntlet test, it seemed like half or more of the apprentices or more could huck around fireballs but he couldn't yet and had to rely on what was available instead.

"A Flambeau with no fireballs that is like ordering fries and get not ketchup on the side."
Theodora joked.
"But yes there are often more useful things to use than fire, it can be...dificult to control, and your House is about more than flames."

"The ends justify the means don't always leave many means that mean anything left." Then he squinted, going over what he said in his mind as if to ensure it made sense.

Theodora just nodded at that.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Everyone does fit into a stereotype if you look hard enough." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulder, noticing that Theodora was back. "All tv and other art forms do is mimic real life and its characters do the same, if a little exaggerated. And real life is then influenced by that same art. A tough girl with a secret soft side is a common trope. So is the scary military women who has a secret love of insects and pyromania."

"There are archetypes kid but not the stereotypes from TV in fact believing in them afre often quite dangerous, not only do you then underesimate those around you but you might end up believing some pretty nasty stereotypes about certain groups, it is better to get to know the person, not what stereotype you think they will fit."
Theodora said as she regarded you.

"Sorry Master Morgan, I met to say employer." he apologized profusely. "Anyways, I'll return back to the infirmary. I still need to bring the food I was asked to deliver. Let me know if their is anything more I can do to help." Serge said with a polite nod.

"Very well young man, be careful until all of this is cleared up please."
Jeffry said and he gave you a nod before he continued on his way.

When he's dismissed he will return to the table where he and Nicole had left their trays.

The trays where where you had left them.

[Colin] (7 15 in the evening Steelhaven.)

Colin grimaced, "I fear there's only two things, in broad strokes, that can be done by external forces. Branding, and... the other thing. I'm none too keen on either."

"Well you can touch an Avatar, try to force in to manifest, manipulate it in certain ways but yes I do get your point Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "A fragile pattern, in the heart and lung area. Her companion was not without skill with healing injuries, but he was forced to flee before he was done, before Sleeper authorities arrived."
He frowned, "To add further complication, her phobia makes conventional treatment difficult where magic cannot help due to a set pattern."

"I see the problem, normally for such a petient I would have aske for regular blood tests...and quite a few medicines, depending on her exact condition that either would need monitoring through blood or would be administered interveniously...but we have to work with what we are given and I am sure me and my apprentice can find a way to treat the child regardless of her fears."

He nodded, "Probably the chap who discovered the formula, then. Funny thing, that, he managed to reverse-engineer a Primium-laced serum from a blood sample, as the story goes... Makes one wonder how he managed to analyze it all..."

"I would not think that to be possible, there should not be enough of the serum in a person's blood...a tissue sample from the injection site maybe but even that is stretching it, not that I can say for sure I ahve not examined the blood of anyone on the serum looking for it's markers but I have seen stamples from prisoners kept under control with the serum and it have not shown up as anything glaringly odd."
Dr Wong said.
"I guess that could be checked we have plenty of prisoners...checking their blood for the serum would let me tell you if there is enough of it present to reverse engineer it from blood alone."

He nodded, "Like I said, I want to try to save him, for his daughter's sake; her mother was... a member of the Labyrinth here. Mr. Bergen did not know that last detail until it was too late... I think he might agree that being indentured but alive to see his daughter grow up will be worth any cost, though - but you'll have to discuss that with him."

"I will see what I can do but the man's crimes are severe Mr Wainwright getting his neck of the block will not be an easy task, I can make no promises."
Udella said.
"But I will talk with him."

He smiled, "Good, good. Wouldn't want to cause him discomfort. The bloody serum made my Avatar feel like she was a snugly wrapped mummy - quite uncomfortable. I'd not want you to have to go through that sensation every day."

"I am fine Mentor that serum sounds horrible but this collar I really feel nothing, m Avatar is fine it is just Quintessence that is restricted not my dragon itself."
Anna said and smiled.
"Unless I try to cast a forbidden spell I really feel nothing and if I try I just feel like when I just fail a spell, when I can not get enough omph into it sort of."

He smiled as he picked up his phone again, "He had a very good teacher. But he doesn't like to talk about that part, since he would rather be allowed to stand on his own merits - which I rather expect he will. He's a genuine prodigy, and next in line for the Deacon Primus position at the Chantry."

"I know how he feels, remember I was once of a very...prestigious family, but no one saw me they saw my family name."
Udella said and sigh.
"Well Mr Sharaya are a credit to his Chantry."
She added.

He grinned, "Oh, I only do seemingly crazy stuff when I have a good feel for the odds - which, when relying on future hindsight, is a lot more secure than usual. Why, if Anna hadn't told me years from now that I managed to persuade the Handler with a copy of Dune and a block of margarine with an amusing name, I'd never have dreamed it could be done."

"And that explination do not really make it less crazy my good man."
Rodger said and grinned.
"But whatever works eh?"

He nodded sagely, "Don't we all... Still, if the choice is between a bullet and a rocket, I'll take the bullet any day of the week. Less repair work on the old fuselage. The kitchen is right through here, if you'll just... ah, Udella, would you kindly check on any drips up we might've left on the stairs?"

"Ah yes being hit with rocketery are bound to be more os a neusance."
Rodger said and grinned.
"Ok, I think I know where the kitchen is I have visited Steelhaven a few times."
Udella nodded.
"I will take care of it my good man."
She agreed and she fell back to take care of the arcane connections of any blood drops left behind.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

How do you call the spirits? I would need a description of the ritual or working done to call them from the point of view of Tane's Paradigm as well as an Arete roll and then he will have to ask for their aid and get it, they are not something just dialed up and they will automatically help Tane will have to communicate with them and get their aid.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next