Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 29 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:00 am

'Always have. Don't know why there's so much hate for 'em.'

"I don't hate them, just think it's a unique choice."

He glanced back over at Welder, to see if she was okay still. Richard was alive, blood was being gathered thanks to Nicole. His sodalis seemed like herself as best as he could tell without magick. Damn though that had been close...

Adley

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 29 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:21 am

[Nicole and Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

Thanks.'

A moment's thought; might as well send a field report to Baynes while she was stuck in the chair...

'Arm functions in combat fine. Interesting advantage, no itchy trigger finger. Is this something in the BCI? Need replacement plate #5 - took direct hit by blade. Will do materials test on blade later. Plate cracked, but held up. Some cryptid did a psychic attack on me, caused pain in whole body including arm. Why? Power use in combat is too high. No chance of larger batteries or something? Slight shoulder strain - weight of arm, or just normal stress? Annoying thing; electronics do not recognise fingers as real, even through glove - typing this southpaw.

Do you know anything about this Namos who asked for me today?

Bouchard.'

You got a reply back.
"I will send supplies for your replairs and have noted your rapport in the logs, I will work on a solution to your touch screen problem. I suspect your shoulder problem is indeed due to weight as for why a psychic attack would let you feel pain in your arm, probably old neural pathways, panthom pains if you will. Namos is one of us a scientist but he is on the fringes, be very careful when dealing with him."

"Funnily enough, I've had this exact conversation earlier with the young mage children when we were watching Pokemon together." Serge said with a chuckle as he watched grown adults discussing the same things he had done with little children.

"Why don't that suprise me kid."
Theodora said and grinned.

"Sorry, your right. I talk too much sometimes. Hope you feel better soon." Serge apologized before leaving the room.

"Don't worry about it kid, I am sorry for snapping at you."
The Tytalus said and sigh.

"I suppose it could be, a sphere is a circle of sorts...so is a ring."

"Yeah it could be a circle then again a spirit could be bound to really anything."
The young Tytalus said.
"I guess even fiction have elementa of reality in it."

He took the roll and held it under an arm, barely resisiting the urge to hug it, curl up and pass out - somehow. "Good. Just wait for them then and we'll be set."

"As soon as I have this bag filled then I will bring it and Dr Lee with me up to the chapel and set up for the ransfusion there while he sleep."
Dr Wong said
"It should not be long now."
Jeffry nodded at that.

He glanced back over at Welder, to see if she was okay still. Richard was alive, blood was being gathered thanks to Nicole. His sodalis seemed like herself as best as he could tell without magick. Damn though that had been close...

Captain Welder seamed to be okey under the circumstances, she had fallen asleep again. A bit of time went by then when the blood bag was filled Dr Wong pulled the needle out of Nicole's leg and bandaged her up.
"I will heal up the tiny wound then you can take the bandage of but I prefer you not bleed while I work. I will just help get my apprentice to the attic first and set up there."
He told the Etherite.

There was a knock on the door and when Jeffry opened it there was Mr Smithson and Mr Riez.
"I heard we where needed here."
Ty said.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 15 in the aftenoon.)

"Sup Rosa." Serge said with a smile as he stepped into the room. "How're things going on your end? Did anything cool happen while I was gone?"

"As of yet not much, I have gotten the girls fed and now they are drawing. I was told that Mr Wainwright is in Chicago getting his new apprentice though and that she might need some looking after once she is here."
Rosa said.
"What is new on your end Cousin?"

[Colin] (Steelhaven 7 15 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "She will, though it might take a little while for her to be 100%."

"Yeah, that is understandable, I mean shit...fuck...what she went though."
Helga shook her head and looked a bit paler.

He nodded, "Neither the ship's Handler nor the ship were corrupted, in fact - they both predate the time when the Nephandi became the little bundle of misanthropy they are today. That, I think, is what essentially let us save the world. If the ship had fought us..."
He shook his head, "Suffice to say, a regular Labyrinth is tough enough; a Battlecruiser and its Handler with no reason to let intruders live... we'd never have made it inside."

"Hum...so the ship could think?"
Helga asked.
"I would say that is wierd but I guess I have seen enough wierd shit today and I was not even at the Labyrinth."
The Cultist commented.
"I am glad this Handler helped us then, we needed all the help we could get."
She commented and continued eating her stew.

He blinked slowly, "Ah, you're not... er, that is to say..."
He grinned broadly, "Alright, you're adorable. So, Verbena or wererat?"

"This is the second time today someone have asked if I am a Verbena...I am a werrat I do not know what a Verbena is."
The little white haired woman said.

He shook his head, "Sorry, I should introduce myself; Colin Wainwright, I live here... and I'm really sorry to have woken you up like that; it's just that animals - or shapechangers who shift between human and animal form - shouldn't generally sleep in the kitchen like that. I'm sure we can find somewhere more comfortable than the floor, though, perhaps out in the common room. Though not in the fruit bowl, perhaps..."

"I am Strawberry Tane said I should be here until he come for me and Paula likes to sleep where it is cold and the spider is busy so I went here, why should I not sleep in the kitchen the kitchen is the best place it is where the food is."
Strawberry protested.
"And it is warm here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 am

"As of yet not much, I have gotten the girls fed and now they are drawing. I was told that Mr Wainwright is in Chicago getting his new apprentice though and that she might need some looking after once she is here."
Rosa said."

"Oh so our new and upcoming arrival is Mr. Wainwright's apprentice! I wonder why my mentor didn't mention that? Damn I wonder if she's British?" Serge said as his interest in the child increased. He wondered what Mr. Wainwrights apprentice looked like and began to imagined a young Hermione Granger.

"What is new on your end Cousin?

Serge thought about that question for a second. He had helped four people with horrific trauma, ventured into their minds and seen first-hand the brutal and tortuous experiments they had endured, saw the horrific snuff films that Bernard had suffered through, felt the pain and suffering of numerous patients, nearly got consumed by the fear of one of the patients, saw the progression of a women die with her spine exposed and witnessed the aftermath of a brutal stabbing.

"Nothing much. Helped out around the infirmary. Did small tasks like bringing food and fixing beds. Talked with the patients and helped calm them down and ease their pain. Oh yeah I met a wererat! That was neat." Serge said with a smile not wanting to scare Rosa or the girls in case they were listening in.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 am

[Serge] (Rosa's apartment at 6 17 in the afternoon.)

"Oh so you know about her?"
Rosa asked.
"I was just told she might need looking after until everything settels down and that she is a bit fragile for she have been injured, I o not know what nation she is from originally but Mr Wainwight apperantly met her in Chicago."
Rosa said and shrugged.

"Yes I heard we had some wercreature guests, three women a spider a rat and a shark, I have not met any of them though."
Your cousin said as she made her way into the apartment and you saw the girls where sitting around the kitchen table drawing, they waved at you.
"Hi Mr Yager I am drawing a pink castle!"
Cava said and grinned.
"And a car."
Rosa smiled a little and then turned to you.
"It sounds like you have been on your feet all day Cousin do you want some soda perhaps and to sit down for a bit?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:58 am

Anja's Post:

'Will do. Thanks.' she typed out.

Adley's Post:

'Didn't say you hated 'em. Just lots of folk do. They need a fan club so they don't go extinct.'

Anja's Post:

Gave a nod to this. Though was anxious to be up and moving again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:12 am

'Will do. Thanks.' she typed out.

"Lewis are working on a better alloy for plating I will send a sample tell me what you think. Take care of yourself."
You got as a reply.

'Didn't say you hated 'em. Just lots of folk do. They need a fan club so they don't go extinct.'

"Are they on the endagered list?"
Richard asked.
"I have to admit to think both wolves and foxes are cuter, especially those white foxes with the big ears that purr like a cat, but all animals have their place."
The doctor continued.

Gave a nod to this. Though was anxious to be up and moving again.

"You can go about your bussiness Miss, just keep the bandage on until I get the chance to heal you, if you strain the leg there might be a bit of pain but it is not dangerous."
Michael said he had clearly noticed your unease.
"If you give me your phone number I can send you a message so I can find you when I have set things up in the attic so I am ready to heal your leg, and also thank you Miss, men and my apprentice owe you one."
The Akashic said and he gave you a smile, took his gloves off and offered you a hand to help you up out of the chair.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 am

Anja's Post:

'Don't think so... not like many would care if they did. Hardly ever in zoos, they're not.'

Anja's Post:

Another nod, took the arm to get off the chair. Tested the leg gingerly, then pulled her trouser-leg down. Took out her phone, brought up her number and showed it to the Doctor.

Once done, Nicole will leave the infirmary, off on one of her tasks; to find Fran and to get her pistol back...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 am

'Don't think so... not like many would care if they did. Hardly ever in zoos, they're not.'

"I guess many find them to be creepy."
Richard said and frowned.
"I have to admit to not knowing to much about the animals really."

Another nod, took the arm to get off the chair. Tested the leg gingerly, then pulled her trouser-leg down. Took out her phone, brought up her number and showed it to the Doctor.

Michael helped you up. Standing on your leg was not to bad it felt like when you had a deep bruise, a little uncomfortable but ok. Michael looked at your phone and copied the number down into his own phone.
"Got it Miss."

Once done, Nicole will leave the infirmary, off on one of her tasks; to find Fran and to get her pistol back...

Well not an infirmary exactly but a small treatment room in Dr Lee's apartment. You think you had heard that Fran was up in the attic.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:46 am

Anja's Post:

'Enjoy my blood.' Nicole quipped with a little smile.

Anja's Post:

Nicole headed upstairs, humming a little tune and feeling a touch light-headed.

[Wouldn't she be around 7PM now? Donating blood isn't a quick thing to do]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:45 am

[Nicole and Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 in the evening.)

'Enjoy my blood.' Nicole quipped with a little smile.

"I am sure my heart will be delighted to pump it around...but seriously like my Mentor says thank you."
Richard said with a small smile and Michael gave you another nod as you left.

Nicole headed upstairs, humming a little tune and feeling a touch light-headed.

You got up to the attic just in time to see Fran on her way to the stairs to go down.
"Ah Nicole, good it saves me for having to come looking for you, I still have your gun."
The Euthanathos said.

(OOC: True, and I am trying to get everyone up to speed with Colin, so yes let us say it is around 7 now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 pm

(Steelhaven Hall, 7:15 PM)
"Yeah, that is understandable, I mean shit...fuck...what she went though."
Helga shook her head and looked a bit paler.
Colin nodded, "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt..."

"Hum...so the ship could think?"
Helga asked.
"I would say that is wierd but I guess I have seen enough wierd shit today and I was not even at the Labyrinth."
The Cultist commented.
"I am glad this Handler helped us then, we needed all the help we could get."
She commented and continued eating her stew.
He nodded, "The Nephandi battlecruisers... If we find their nesting pools, for lack of a better term, we might be able to recruit some of them ourselves, though it requires a brave individual merging with the ship. The polyps are inherently Entropic - strongly so - but not actually corrupt; that's something the Nephandi do to them when they put a Fallen Handler in them..."
He smiled, "And the Handler in question is a kindly, venerable Diedne, a good twelve hundred years old and still beautiful, even if she's become a tad... alien in appearance."

"This is the second time today someone have asked if I am a Verbena...I am a werrat I do not know what a Verbena is."
The little white haired woman said.
He nodded, "Ah, let me explain a little, then - Mages have Traditions, of which Verbena is one. Within that Tradition, there are some who have two natural forms; that of a human, and that of an animal. Most Mages, though, don't have that eccentricity."

"I am Strawberry Tane said I should be here until he come for me and Paula likes to sleep where it is cold and the spider is busy so I went here, why should I not sleep in the kitchen the kitchen is the best place it is where the food is."
Strawberry protested.
"And it is warm here."
He frowned, "The kitchen may be a convenient place for you to sleep, but not everyone is so understanding about rodents sleeping next to the food supplies. And Tane... is missing in action, I'm afraid - he may be a long while, if he manages to get back at all. Come with me, we'll see if we can find you a room with a warm bed, or at least a soft cushion while you wait... hm... Paula? Spider? I'm afraid you lost me there..."

((OOC: Strictly speaking, drawing blood CAN be done pretty damn quickly, but that's usually only when the donor's health is not a concern. And usually not done with a single IV tube, either. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Anja's Post:

'Thinking the very same.' Nicole replied with a smile. 'Two questions. Can you drive and if you can, are you doing anything for the next half-hour?'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:52 pm

"Perhaps you can start one, in your retirement years. Hey, assuming I can scrape any cash and time together and that's a bit if, I owe you a game." He gestured at the blood bag set up as she and Richard talked about hyenas.

"As soon as I have this bag filled then I will bring it and Dr Lee with me up to the chapel and set up for the ransfusion there while he sleep." Dr Wong said
"It should not be long now." Jeffry nodded at that.

"Good."

Captain Welder seamed to be okey under the circumstances, she had fallen asleep again. A bit of time went by then when the blood bag was filled Dr Wong pulled the needle out of Nicole's leg and bandaged her up.

He made sure she looked like she was breathing and then nodded to himself. Well, sleeping was probably better than being awake and terrified at least.

There was a knock on the door and when Jeffry opened it there was Mr Smithson and Mr Riez.
"I heard we where needed here."
Ty said.[/quote]

"Good to see you both," he said. "Yes, the Cheif requires your assistance for a short while," he glanced at his mentor so that he could explain. Elsewise anyone in the hall would also.

As Nicole got up and ready to leave he gave her a nod and then waited for his mentor to catch everyone up to speed. Supposedly, sleep was close at hand. He just had to stay awake a bit longer.

// "I survived the caul intact and all I got was this lousy T shirt" >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Adley's Post:

'Already am, sort of. Chip in for a sanctuary for 'em down in Texas, I do. Would like to go and see them one day. As for a game... well, season's not even started yet, so got plenty of time.' ending with a smile.

Adley's Post:

Nicole gave a nod in return as she left the room.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:23 pm

"Oh so you know about her?"
Rosa asked.
"I was just told she might need looking after until everything settels down and that she is a bit fragile for she have been injured, I o not know what nation she is from originally but Mr Wainwight apperantly met her in Chicago."
Rosa said and shrugged.

"Yeah. My mentor told me about her." Serge said. "Darn so she's not going to be a miniature version of Mr. Wainwright." he added bitterly as if he really wanted that.

"Yes I heard we had some wercreature guests, three women a spider a rat and a shark, I have not met any of them though."
Your cousin said as she made her way into the apartment and you saw the girls where sitting around the kitchen table drawing, they waved at you.
"Hi Mr Yager I am drawing a pink castle!"
Cava said and grinned.
"And a car."
Rosa smiled a little and then turned to you.
"It sounds like you have been on your feet all day Cousin do you want some soda perhaps and to sit down for a bit?"

Serge waved happily to all of the children and said. "Hey girls! Those are some nice drawings Cava! So colorful! Every castle needs it's own car. Who's castle is it?"

He turned to Rosa and said, "I've been on my feet, but I've also been eating constantly. Cookies, Spaghetti, cookies again. Won't lie I'm kinda full. Thanks for the offer though. I will sit down for a bit."

He sat down in the nearest available space and watched each of the girls to see what they were drawing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Colin nodded, "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt..."

Helga raised an eyebrow at that.
"I am not sure I know what you mean Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "The Nephandi battlecruisers... If we find their nesting pools, for lack of a better term, we might be able to recruit some of them ourselves, though it requires a brave individual merging with the ship. The polyps are inherently Entropic - strongly so - but not actually corrupt; that's something the Nephandi do to them when they put a Fallen Handler in them..."

"I see and what would being bound to such a ship mean?"
The Cultist said and raised her eyebrow.
"Far be it for me to say we should refuse more firepower."

He smiled, "And the Handler in question is a kindly, venerable Diedne, a good twelve hundred years old and still beautiful, even if she's become a tad... alien in appearance."

"Diedne was not thata Hermetic House once? Twelve hundred years that is impressive I have heard of a Dreamspeaker of that age but that is damned rare."
The young Cultist said sounding rather impressed.

He nodded, "Ah, let me explain a little, then - Mages have Traditions, of which Verbena is one. Within that Tradition, there are some who have two natural forms; that of a human, and that of an animal. Most Mages, though, don't have that eccentricity."

"So those mages are like us but they are mages?"
Strawberry asked her eyes wide.
"That is neat."

He frowned, "The kitchen may be a convenient place for you to sleep, but not everyone is so understanding about rodents sleeping next to the food supplies. And Tane... is missing in action, I'm afraid - he may be a long while, if he manages to get back at all. Come with me, we'll see if we can find you a room with a warm bed, or at least a soft cushion while you wait... hm... Paula? Spider? I'm afraid you lost me there..."

"Before he went to fight the bad mages Tane dropped me and Paula off here since we can not really fight, then he and Coawa and Alessa went to fight but now Alessa and Coawa is back but not Tane."
Strawberry said then she nodded and pouted.
"Yes I have been kicked at many times when sleeping where humans do not want me to be...but I do not need to sleep in the kitchen though, but Paula are there she is in the broken fridge."
She said and pointed.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

'Thinking the very same.' Nicole replied with a smile. 'Two questions. Can you drive and if you can, are you doing anything for the next half-hour?'

Fransesca nodded she smiled and discreetly pulled her gun and the leftover ammo out of her teddy bear bag and handed it to you.
"Thank you for the loan."
She said then she nodded.
"I can drive and no, I am pretty much free for now, I just need to drop off a message donstairs but other than that I am free what do you need help with?"

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah. My mentor told me about her." Serge said. "Darn so she's not going to be a miniature version of Mr. Wainwright." he added bitterly as if he really wanted that.

"Let us hope not Cousin for I think a mini Colin Wainwright might just be enough to give old Master Morgan a heart attack."
Rosa said and grinned.

Serge waved happily to all of the children and said. "Hey girls! Those are some nice drawings Cava! So colorful! Every castle needs it's own car. Who's castle is it?"

"It is the Chantry I grew up in Sir, only that is boring and gray and not pink so I made it pink."
Cava said and grinned.
"And I like cars so I drew one of those as well."

He turned to Rosa and said, "I've been on my feet, but I've also been eating constantly. Cookies, Spaghetti, cookies again. Won't lie I'm kinda full. Thanks for the offer though. I will sit down for a bit."

"It seams my Chantry are conspiering to fatten you up Serge."
Rosa said and grinned.

He sat down in the nearest available space and watched each of the girls to see what they were drawing.

Cava was drawing a castle, Yu Die where drawing a horse, Liv where drawing a house, Jane where drawing flowers.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

He made sure she looked like she was breathing and then nodded to himself. Well, sleeping was probably better than being awake and terrified at least.

Captain Welder was breathing steady and evenly.

"Good to see you both," he said. "Yes, the Cheif requires your assistance for a short while," he glanced at his mentor so that he could explain. Elsewise anyone in the hall would also.

"We have had an attack from an Umbrood, I have given our alchemist the tast of examning the Chantry for further trouble, I and my apprentice have an apointment though, would you to be so kind as to watch over our guest here and also my Sodalis as she was the one posessed by said spirit?"
Jeffry said and Ty and Antonio nodded.
"Sure thing Chief."
Ty said and Antonio nodded.
"If you watch my Sodalis and I will sit guard over our guest?"
The Scribe asked and Ty nodded.
"That works for me."

As Nicole got up and ready to leave he gave her a nod and then waited for his mentor to catch everyone up to speed. Supposedly, sleep was close at hand. He just had to stay awake a bit longer.

Jeffry gave some short instructions and then he headed up the stairs as Dr Wong got Richard ready to go as well, all you need to do was get to the chapel and you could sleep.

(OOC: Well Colin got more than that he got some corrupted Avatar shards as well. Razz )
(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply and the rather short and choppy one I have had a horrible headache all day so I have been alseep most of the day and just had to focus on getting a post out rather than making it good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:50 pm

"Let us hope not Cousin for I think a mini Colin Wainwright might just be enough to give old Master Morgan a heart attack."
Rosa said and grinned.

"With all that's going on Master Morgan probably used to heart attacks. Hell he probably has a schedule for them nowadays." Serge joked.

"It is the Chantry I grew up in Sir, only that is boring and gray and not pink so I made it pink."
Cava said and grinned.
"And I like cars so I drew one of those as well."

"Neat. You know I drew a picture of Steelhaven as a castle when I was coming over here. Sadly I didn't have any pencil crayons on me so its just boring black and white." Serge said as he flipped to one of his earlier pictures, which depicted a large majestic castle, and showed it to Cava. "Perhaps you can tell me what color it should be. How does blue and silver sound?"

"It seams my Chantry are conspiering to fatten you up Serge."
Rosa said and grinned.

"Oh god I'm Hansel aren't I. And I don't have a plucky young sister to save me. In fact I wonder if these walls are made out of candy...." he said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Anja's Post:

'No worries.' Nicole replied, checking the action; more out of habit than expecting something to be wrong. 'Deal is; want to get that car from the auto shop back here. Never know when a spare one might be handy. Before we pulled out earlier, I moved it nearby, and now need to make a pickup. Which means I need somebody else to ride shotgun and drive my car back here.'

[No worries!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:15]
Helga raised an eyebrow at that.
"I am not sure I know what you mean Mr Wainwright."
Colin frowned, "One of the Fallen in Chicago tried it with me while I was... not in full control of my faculties. It turns out my Avatar is a shard cluster with just enough memories to have a personality, and decided that any attempts to lay a hand on her like that deserved the response of a wood chipper. Thanks to Mr. Roth Hicks, the Fallen who tried something is dead now, I'm stronger than ever, and I've gained some... insights I wouldn't wish on anyone..."

"I see and what would being bound to such a ship mean?"
The Cultist said and raised her eyebrow.
"Far be it for me to say we should refuse more firepower."
He shrugged, "I won't pretend to know all the details, but the Handler is... grafted into the ship, mind and soul. They can walk around freely on board the ship, but they only have direct control from their personal chamber, which is essentially a link straight to the creature's brain. Essentially... becoming a Handler is a one-way trip, no refunds."

"Diedne was not thata Hermetic House once? Twelve hundred years that is impressive I have heard of a Dreamspeaker of that age but that is damned rare."
The young Cultist said sounding rather impressed.
He smiled wryly, "Well, the ship does sustain her, but she has mutated to the point where she no longer looks quite human... In fact, more like a Navigator out of the Dune books."
He grinned, "I actually do have a photo of her, if you're interested."

"So those mages are like us but they are mages?"
Strawberry asked her eyes wide.
"That is neat."
He nodded, "I don't know about many of them - in fact, the one who turns into an owl is the only one I've met - but I would warn you that he's completely an owl when in that form, so you might want to look human should you meet him like that..."

"Before he went to fight the bad mages Tane dropped me and Paula off here since we can not really fight, then he and Coawa and Alessa went to fight but now Alessa and Coawa is back but not Tane."
Strawberry said then she nodded and pouted.
"Yes I have been kicked at many times when sleeping where humans do not want me to be...but I do not need to sleep in the kitchen though, but Paula are there she is in the broken fridge."
She said and pointed.
He frowned, "I will have to have a word with Coawa about his brother... I wouldn't kick at a rat, but I might try to, hm, persuade it to leave the kitchen... Preferably in a way that wouldn't risk spreading disease or getting bit."
He frowned at the fridge, "Paula is in the broken fridge? What... what manner of being is she? A werepenguin or somesuch?"

((OOC: Strictly speaking, Colin didn't get any fragments when he was attempted Gilguled - those came later. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Simple, Tane just is a natural conduit for spirits, and any of his own ancestors could already go through him, so he simply starts to chant his own song and aomonize with the ones of his ancestors. He goes back into the spiritual memory of generations past and asks for help there.

5 8 3 >> arete
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 am

'Already am, sort of. Chip in for a sanctuary for 'em down in Texas, I do. Would like to go and see them one day. As for a game... well, season's not even started yet, so got plenty of time.' ending with a smile.

"Soon though."

Jeffry gave some short instructions and then he headed up the stairs as Dr Wong got Richard ready to go as well, all you need to do was get to the chapel and you could sleep

It was hard to stay focused, or at least on more than one thing at a time. "Richard, you want me to grab you a clean shirt?" he offered as he saw Dr Wong getting him ready to go. Going upstairs liberally painted in your own blood to sleep probably would be upsetting to everyone upstairs, after all. Then he waited until everything was set and his pater was ready to go upstairs, and followed him unless he was needed to help Richard upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

It was hard to stay focused, or at least on more than one thing at a time. "Richard, you want me to grab you a clean shirt?" he offered as he saw Dr Wong getting him ready to go.

"Oh I did not even think about that, I ehm...yeah thank you I would appriciate that."
Richard said and he begun to undo the buttons of his blood stained shirt with shaky hands.
"A shame though I really liked this shirt, it was worn in enough to be really comfortable and still neat enough for work."
He said and sigh as he removed his old shirt, showing his very well toned upper body, Michael helping him to sit up so he could get a new shirt on.

Then he waited until everything was set and his pater was ready to go upstairs, and followed him unless he was needed to help Richard upstairs.

Your assistence was not needed to get Richard up the stairs, Michael Wong simply put his medical bag in his apprentice's lap and lifted them both, seaming to have no problem with carrying an adult man up the stairs despite being slender of form.

You got up to the attic you saw that the infirmary had calmed down, Allison where feeding some of Darrian's soup to the female survivor from Jace's lab at the hospital, most of the other patients where resting. Adjan was awake and eating though and he gave you a bit of a wave when he saw you. You also passed Fran and Nicole talking by the stairs, Fran gave you a tired smile.

You got to the chapel, it was set up with spare mathrasses, Mr Darehill was there waiting for you, so where Master Nassa who needed to sleep as well.
"You just go to sleep Adley while I discuss with Mr Darehill about what protections to set up."
Jeffry suggjested and he indicated a mathrass. You saw Michael putting his apprentice down on another one and starting to tend to him, placing and IV with the practiced ease of someone who had done so a million times before and starting the transfusion of Nicole's blood.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

"With all that's going on Master Morgan probably used to heart attacks. Hell he probably has a schedule for them nowadays." Serge joked.

"It would not suprise me."
Rosa said sounding amused.

"Neat. You know I drew a picture of Steelhaven as a castle when I was coming over here. Sadly I didn't have any pencil crayons on me so its just boring black and white." Serge said as he flipped to one of his earlier pictures, which depicted a large majestic castle, and showed it to Cava. "Perhaps you can tell me what color it should be. How does blue and silver sound?"

"Hum, Steelhaven sounds like a castle now don't it Sir."
Cava said and she looked at the drawing and smiled.
"Yeah blue walls and silver curtains would be nice, and then there can be pink floors."
She said happily, then she looked at her down drawing and frowned.
"Can you show me how to draw the wheels of my car Sir?"
She asked and gave you a smile.

"Oh god I'm Hansel aren't I. And I don't have a plucky young sister to save me. In fact I wonder if these walls are made out of candy...." he said with a smile.

"Well this is a witch's house."
Rosa said and grinned.
"I am sure Master Haagen could change them so they are made out of candy."
She declared and the little girls seamed to think that would be a really good idea.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 in the afternoon.)

'No worries.' Nicole replied, checking the action; more out of habit than expecting something to be wrong. 'Deal is; want to get that car from the auto shop back here. Never know when a spare one might be handy. Before we pulled out earlier, I moved it nearby, and now need to make a pickup. Which means I need somebody else to ride shotgun and drive my car back here.'

"It is a good weapon."
The young Euthanathos said and smiled.
"Sure I can help out with that. In fact getting out for a little bit and doing something that do not involve killing someone would be nice."
Fran agreed.

You saw Dr Wong carrying Dr Lee, Adley and Master Morgan pass by you on their way deeper into the attic.
"Ok should we go right now then?"
Fran asked after she had nodded to the ones passing them.

Colin frowned, "One of the Fallen in Chicago tried it with me while I was... not in full control of my faculties. It turns out my Avatar is a shard cluster with just enough memories to have a personality, and decided that any attempts to lay a hand on her like that deserved the response of a wood chipper. Thanks to Mr. Roth Hicks, the Fallen who tried something is dead now, I'm stronger than ever, and I've gained some... insights I wouldn't wish on anyone..."

"Shit that is some heavy stuff Mr Wainwright, I think I would still be pissing myself if somone tried to harm my Avatar, are you okey?"
Helga asked and Mia sighed over the question she had heard allot of times now.
"Also what is a shard cluster?"
The Cultist asked.
"Sound like you have a kick ass Avatar though."
Helga said and Mia liked that comment allot better.

He shrugged, "I won't pretend to know all the details, but the Handler is... grafted into the ship, mind and soul. They can walk around freely on board the ship, but they only have direct control from their personal chamber, which is essentially a link straight to the creature's brain. Essentially... becoming a Handler is a one-way trip, no refunds."

"Well now that sucks, I would not want to be bound to one location like that forever but I am sure some would be willing to make the sacrifice."
Helga commented.

He smiled wryly, "Well, the ship does sustain her, but she has mutated to the point where she no longer looks quite human... In fact, more like a Navigator out of the Dune books."
He grinned, "I actually do have a photo of her, if you're interested."

"All fish like and such? That is pretty cool, yes sure I would love to see a picture of this Handler."
Helga said and she put her spoon down and then she turned around towards you.

He nodded, "I don't know about many of them - in fact, the one who turns into an owl is the only one I've met - but I would warn you that he's completely an owl when in that form, so you might want to look human should you meet him like that..."

"An owl, that is scary, a owl would find me yummy and I do not want to get eaten, then I would be gone and that would be bad."
The werrat said and shook her head.

He frowned, "I will have to have a word with Coawa about his brother... I wouldn't kick at a rat, but I might try to, hm, persuade it to leave the kitchen... Preferably in a way that wouldn't risk spreading disease or getting bit."

Strawberry looked down sadly.
"I do not spread diseases, it is my great shame I was bred in a cage as a pet, I do not have the plauge as I should."
She said softly clearly quite saddeend by this.

He frowned at the fridge, "Paula is in the broken fridge? What... what manner of being is she? A werepenguin or somesuch?"

"She is a shark from the North she likes cold water, but Coawa is a great white he have to limit how long he spend in the water now in the autumn for it get to cold for him, they are strange, he also can not really sit still for long and get really upset if he is cooped up for long but Paula is slow and likes to sleep, I have heard they call what type of shark she is a sleeper shark."
Strawberry explained.

(OOC: I know it was a responce to Strife's comment about I entered a Caul and all I got was this lousy tshirt, and at that time he got some shards.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Simple, Tane just is a natural conduit for spirits, and any of his own ancestors could already go through him, so he simply starts to chant his own song and aomonize with the ones of his ancestors. He goes back into the spiritual memory of generations past and asks for help there.

A strong, beautiful woman sudenly appeared before you, she was tall and elegant, long black hair dusted with gray fell to their tighs, you know who the woman was Ngahuia your great, great grandmother, you where told she was once a mage, a powerful shaman who went to speak with the Traditions when they where formed, but as she and her culture where not treated with respect and instead of being recognized as a Tradition of your own your pepole where just thrown in with the Dreamspeakers she left the First Tribunal and the Kopa Loei stayed a Craft, after she had lived a long life mothered many children she finally met her end defending the Kopa Loei from an attack by the corrupted ones. Ngahuia's Avatar would have gone to the Well of Soul and een reborrn but her spirit now lived in the Umbra protecting you and your line forever.
"My beautiful son, why have you called me."
The powerful spirit asked as she regarded you, the sword you now carried at her side, it had been hers once, she had picked it up when her husband fell in battle and faught in his name until she in defeating the enemy herself took a mortal wound, your mother had told you her story long ago.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:51 am

[7:15 PM]
"Shit that is some heavy stuff Mr Wainwright, I think I would still be pissing myself if somone tried to harm my Avatar, are you okey?"
Helga asked and Mia sighed over the question she had heard allot of times now.
"Also what is a shard cluster?"
The Cultist asked.
"Sound like you have a kick ass Avatar though."
Helga said and Mia liked that comment allot better.
Colin frowned, "I am... better than most would be. I was not entirely conscious at the time, and it seems any further attempts on her will be met with, well... let's just say I would not be surprised if she did like Master Ir's Avatar did when they tried. As for a shard cluster, well... she's composed of countless fragments of other Avatars, rather than a unified whole. I never knew until yesterday, in fact. It's... rare. Very rare. But she's growing in strength."

"Well now that sucks, I would not want to be bound to one location like that forever but I am sure some would be willing to make the sacrifice."
Helga commented.
He nodded, "It doesn't have to be lonely - in fact, being lonely seems quite difficult, with so close a link. And while the ship can move freely, the interior does have a certain... fleshy motif. Not everyone's cup of tea."

"All fish like and such? That is pretty cool, yes sure I would love to see a picture of this Handler."
Helga said and she put her spoon down and then she turned around towards you.
He grinned and showed off the selfie, "She does look good for her age, though, doesn't she?"

"An owl, that is scary, a owl would find me yummy and I do not want to get eaten, then I would be gone and that would be bad."
The werrat said and shook her head.
He nodded, "That would be bad indeed. Still, the man's friendly enough, and his children seem quite clever, even for owls. If you wish, I might introduce you to Jareth some day. That's the son I have visiting, mind - he's a wild bird, and I have no intention of taming him."

Strawberry looked down sadly.
"I do not spread diseases, it is my great shame I was bred in a cage as a pet, I do not have the plauge as I should."
She said softly clearly quite saddeend by this.
He smiled wryly, "Well, now, I hardly think it crucial for a rat to spread the plague. Besides, as I understand it, the Black Plague was mostly spread by people, anyway. At least, after it reached European population centers."

"She is a shark from the North she likes cold water, but Coawa is a great white he have to limit how long he spend in the water now in the autumn for it get to cold for him, they are strange, he also can not really sit still for long and get really upset if he is cooped up for long but Paula is slow and likes to sleep, I have heard they call what type of shark she is a sleeper shark."
Strawberry explained.
He paused for a moment, then nodded, "Well, I would have thought a bathtub would be preferable, but I'm not actually sure there's one of those on the premises. And I suppose a shark would be less objectionable to most in the kitchen, unlike furry animals."
He gestured to the door, "Now, let's see if we can find you some better accommodations, shall we? Perhaps a bed, even?"

((OOC: Ah, right, I missed that the first time around.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 am

Colin frowned, "I am... better than most would be. I was not entirely conscious at the time, and it seems any further attempts on her will be met with, well... let's just say I would not be surprised if she did like Master Ir's Avatar did when they tried. As for a shard cluster, well... she's composed of countless fragments of other Avatars, rather than a unified whole. I never knew until yesterday, in fact. It's... rare. Very rare. But she's growing in strength."

"Who is Master Ir? Hum well it is useful to have an Avatar that defend itself."
Helga said and nodded.
"A cluster of tiny Avatar gragments eh? Sounds unusual but seams to be practical."

He nodded, "It doesn't have to be lonely - in fact, being lonely seems quite difficult, with so close a link. And while the ship can move freely, the interior does have a certain... fleshy motif. Not everyone's cup of tea."

The young Cultist nodded at that and grunted.
"Like I said if one could get a ship I am sure someone would agree to do the job."
She said and shrugged.

He grinned and showed off the selfie, "She does look good for her age, though, doesn't she?"

"Aww she is cute and you are right she looks like a Navigator."
Helga said and smiled.
"She is over 1200 years old?"

He nodded, "That would be bad indeed. Still, the man's friendly enough, and his children seem quite clever, even for owls. If you wish, I might introduce you to Jareth some day. That's the son I have visiting, mind - he's a wild bird, and I have no intention of taming him."

"I think I better stay away from owls."
Strawberry said and frowned.
"I try to stay away from those who would want to eat me."

He smiled wryly, "Well, now, I hardly think it crucial for a rat to spread the plague. Besides, as I understand it, the Black Plague was mostly spread by people, anyway. At least, after it reached European population centers."

"I know nothing about the black plauge but allmost everuone of my kind can cause illness but I can not, I come from a clean line and that is considered shameful."
The werrat said and frowned.

He paused for a moment, then nodded, "Well, I would have thought a bathtub would be preferable, but I'm not actually sure there's one of those on the premises. And I suppose a shark would be less objectionable to most in the kitchen, unlike furry animals."

"I think she just crawled into the first dark and cool place she found to sleep."
Strawberry said and shrugged.
"She do allot of that. Also that is unfair that she can be in the kitchen and not me!"

He gestured to the door, "Now, let's see if we can find you some better accommodations, shall we? Perhaps a bed, even?"

"Aywhere warm and soft would be fine I usually sleep in my natural form so I do not take allot of room, some hey, cloth, some cotton, all fo that will work, then again now I am done sleeping so now I could run around for a bit."
Strawberry said and smiled. You saw that in the common room Dr Wong was back and he was tending to Rodger's leg.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next