Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane 2

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Posts for Tane 2

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:54 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Well he sounds like a man it is best to stay clear of."
Bruce commented.
"Have you met this man Colin?"
Colin nodded, "Him, his father, his wife and their children... He's a good man, if I have the measure of him; the best reason to stay clear of him would probably be a concern for gossip; associating with a known Fallen, even if one with a Traditions membership and a stay of execution due to circumstances is probably going to make you look suspect in the eyes of some people... but from what I've seen of him and his family, there's no reason to fear him, unless you deliberately antagonize him."

Anja wrote:"The Borg version sounds a bit interesting but for the rest yeah I am glad such shards are not a common sight in the Umbra."
The other Orphan said darkly.
S7trif3 wrote:He glanced at Colin. "So the Sleepers may have gotten splinters while the other mages got bits shredded. That does not sound pleasant."
He nodded, "Interesting, yes... Perhaps a little too much so."

Anja wrote:"Other than January there are no great prophecy about Beatrice's demise so yes things could happen to her but then it is not fate it is shit that can happen to all of us."
Bruce said darkly.
He nodded, "Most likely, the lack of other prophecies is caused by the January event not having been prevented yet. Once Beatrice is safe from that, something else may loom in her future... or she may look forward to growing old in peace instead; I can't say yet. But Fate is a tricky thing; Old Man Wrinkle impressed as much on me when he visited after the battle on Sunday... some things must happen, and if you prevent them from happening to one person, they will find someone else to happen to. Some times, the best you can hope for is to soften the blow, even if it cannot be entirely averted..."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess if the family really can not afford anything but airwaves channels however I doubt that is enough individuals to really make old fashioned watching of TV a big thing."
Bruce said and sigh.
"This is pointless to discuss though as it matter very little to the topics at hand."
Jeremy wrote:"I miss PBS..." Serge said to himself, although he made no more effort to continue the conversation after Bruce had pointed out how off track they had gotten.
He nodded, "It does not have to be a big thing to still be a thing... but yes, it was an interesting derailment."

Anja wrote:"You should drop buy it really is nice up there now, Verbena know their plants."
Bruce said with a slight smile.
He nodded, "Oh, I will check it out. I've occasionally enjoyed standing up there in my parka and sipping a stout on a chilly autumn evening; the presence of greenery might change that practice a bit, though."

Anja wrote:"Well it would be a shame if she was mistaken for some of the stuffed mice on offer, eating the guests are never polite unless you are Hannibal Lecter."
Bruce said with a grin.
He grinned, "Even then it's impolite."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course, that is a good point Colin, riding crop it is then."
Bruce said with a completely serious face.
S7trif3 wrote:"Even more incentive, that should keep morale up."
Anja wrote:"Indeed and as a bonus I get a workout as I chase Serge around with it."
Bruce said and he still sounded completely serious.
Jeremy wrote:"...The hell is a riding crop?" Serge said pulling out his phone and typing something into it. Once he pressed enter and looked at images of the device, a look familiarity came over Serge. "Oh it's that horse thing. Fuck, I don't know which one I'd rather have."
Anja wrote:"Who said you get a choice?"
Bruce ask, a smile finally cracking his serious façade.
"I choose what to chase you around with after all."
He grinned, "The beatings will continue until morale improves. Or was it the other way around?"

S7trif3 wrote:A second passed by but he couldn't keep himself from chuckling. "Ah, god...whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had an this kind of injury..."
Jeremy wrote:Serge chuckled as well, more openly than the Flambeau. "Perhaps you just aren't laughing enough."
He arched an eyebrow, "I suppose whoever came up with the phrase didn't know much about magic or medicine, really..."

[Avatar Restoration Discussion, Cita's apartment]
Anja wrote:Cita just raised an eyebrow at that.
"Ehm...right well then I will leave it to you Mr Wainwright."
He grinned, "I may have resorted to a small measure of hyperbole - but all the same."

Anja wrote:"It is quite marvelous is it not."
The spirit healer said with a smile.
He nodded, "Quite incredible."

Anja wrote:"Taking a scale will hurt just as badly in both cases Mr Wainwright but if Mr Karyak sing the girl's Avatar out of her then there will be no additional discomfort."
The spirit healer explained.
He frowned, "I was not thinking of necessarily taking a scale, but the discomfort of an examination - of being studied, even if not particularly invasively."

((OOC: Safe trip. Also, Internet Explorer is at least better than Edge in one regard - IE doesn't hijack all your file associations all the time. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Colin nodded, "Him, his father, his wife and their children... He's a good man, if I have the measure of him; the best reason to stay clear of him would probably be a concern for gossip; associating with a known Fallen, even if one with a Traditions membership and a stay of execution due to circumstances is probably going to make you look suspect in the eyes of some people... but from what I've seen of him and his family, there's no reason to fear him, unless you deliberately antagonize him."

"He have a family? Well as long as he is with us and is not an enemy that is fine."
Bruce said with a slight nod then he shrugged.
"Well I associate with Bee so I guess I will get that stigma anyway."

He nodded, "Interesting, yes... Perhaps a little too much so."

"I do not need something to be quite so interesting."
Bruce announced wryly.

He nodded, "Most likely, the lack of other prophecies is caused by the January event not having been prevented yet. Once Beatrice is safe from that, something else may loom in her future... or she may look forward to growing old in peace instead; I can't say yet. But Fate is a tricky thing; Old Man Wrinkle impressed as much on me when he visited after the battle on Sunday... some things must happen, and if you prevent them from happening to one person, they will find someone else to happen to. Some times, the best you can hope for is to soften the blow, even if it cannot be entirely averted..."

The Orphan got a dark look in his eyes then he shook his head.
"Fuck fate, no entity or prophecy is going to tell me not to protect my Cabalmates, I will do all in my power to protect Beatrice for as long as it is needed!"
The large man declared.

He nodded, "It does not have to be a big thing to still be a thing... but yes, it was an interesting derailment."

The Artificer just grunted at that.

He nodded, "Oh, I will check it out. I've occasionally enjoyed standing up there in my parka and sipping a stout on a chilly autumn evening; the presence of greenery might change that practice a bit, though."

"I like the new plants at least."
Bruce said.
"It is nice you know."

He grinned, "Even then it's impolite."

"So it is, so it is."
Bruce agreed with a grin.

He grinned, "The beatings will continue until morale improves. Or was it the other way around?"

"A little bit of both."
The Orphan said with a chuckle.
"And besides I have been looking for an hobby."

[Avatar Restoration Discussion, Cita's apartment]

He grinned, "I may have resorted to a small measure of hyperbole - but all the same."

Cita nodded at that.

He frowned, "I was not thinking of necessarily taking a scale, but the discomfort of an examination - of being studied, even if not particularly invasively."

"A light examination should be painless while Tane sing the Avatar out, as the soul may simply go back into the soul of the host if it do not desire the examination, something invasive will still be uncomfortable but lesser things should not be uncomfortable but will probably feel strange."
Cita explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 am

He grinned, "Please, no dragons on Boston streets. I hear the climate is unhealthy for the poor things. If you can limit yourselves to illusions and hallucinations, that would probably be safer for everyone."

"It is most unealthy for them, and yet every so often a Bygone make it's way through the Gauntlet."
Bruce replied.

He nodded sagely, "Bribing with cake is a time-honoured practice, and I just acquired a very good recipe from Deaconess Arden at Morningstar. Besides, Dr. Boudavich would likely not read anyone's mind without prior consent or otherwise very good reason, so offering to whip you into shape might not be interpreted as literally as you think..."

Bruce grinned at that and nodded.

He then gave a solemn nod, "Generally eight to sixteen dollars, depending on size, embellishments and complexity. Pine cone, perhaps?"

"That is really, really cheap for dental work."
The Orphan said sounding impressed.
"Usually I get my teeth fixed by one of the Verbena."

"On one hand...it could kill me. On the other, I would get candy." Serge said weighing both options carefully. "After an extensive cost-benefit analysis, I have determined that the benefits outweigh the costs."

Bruce gave a chuckle at that.

"Is that permissions for me to illusion up some dragons for you guys? Because I drew a dragon two days ago that I'm sure you guys would all love to see in real life. Ripping the roof off of this room and breathing candy at all of us." Serge said with a smirk.

"It depends if you have to do the illusion by affecting my mind then no, if the illusion will be done with shadows and light then sure why not."
Bruce commented.

Serge gave the two a skeptical look. "There is more than one way to read a mind besides magick. And my mentor happens to specialize in many. I doubt she'd be fond of you guys attempting to bribe her regardless. She's not a fan of being manipulated like that. My personal recommendation? Have a good poker face, ask her politely with no sinister intentions in your heart, and prepare for nightmares when you inevitably fail."

"Cake will solve the problem."
Bruce declared.
"Everyone want to be manipulated with cake."

Is it always like this, or the ones raised by sleepers are like this? Maybe knowing their nature more can be done.

"As far as I know this is always the case other than with a few individuals such as Bee."
Bruce replied.

Coercion takes away free will,a component of free volition.

"Agreed however that is not how the law see it when what you are coersed into doing is so much worse than what you are being threatened with."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.
"Beside the point is moot it is being Fallen which is illegal it do not matter how you got that way."

In that we do agree. That's why then we need to work as hard as we can to make ways to make that possibility every day more feascible.

"I am not that interested in working on a fools errad, everything is possible but some things are very, very improbable."
The Artificer grunted.

They are not intelligent? Or just not frinedly?

"I guess the latter."
Bruce said.

What is considered as enough duress, then?

"Nothing I would assume is enough duress to justify selling ones Avatar to Oblivion."
Bruce said and he shook his head.

I see. Then again, too powerful avatars are sometimes forgiven... can't it be done the other way around? weakening an avatar until it is unimportant so it can be cleansed, and it's widderslaint only half awakens? Like a static sorcerer?

"You misunderstand Mr Karyak the powerful Avatar Colin mentioned where not spared because it is powerful, it was spared because it had the power to rip the Spirit Masters to shreds and the will to do so, it was simply to dangerous to attack, it was not that it was spared but that the Traditions did not have the power to destroy it."
Bruce said and sigh.

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]

I see. even though is an interesting idea

Cita nodded at that.

You need treatment, then? I'd like to help, if you let me. I want you well, Cita.

Cita looked saddened for a moment.
"Yes indeed I do, however I am not willing to this shard is most precious to me."
The spirit healer said softly.

If i can help, i'd love to.

Gandyja said it is mature enough now to give birth to a shard, a little baby avatar. But it would be traumatic for us both and with all that's something i wouldn't do it in the near future. So, yeah.

"Are you sure it meant a shard and not an Avatar Companion like the one Master Nassa have with him for those two are two very different things."
Cita said and she raised an eyebrow.

I don't think he would WANT to do anything bad, but i see a hundred things that could go wrong. I just said we need to be alert.
Maybe if the psychopomp thing works they can help master gregario too.

Cita got a very stern look in her eyes.
"You have already suggested we not ask Mr Greagario's consent before we do this operation on his apprentice, and you still say we need to be alert about him this is not acceptable he is not jealous, he is a good man and I will hear nothing else about this!"
The Spirit Master said sternly.
"We can ask but I do not see how it can help him but I guess asking it will not harm."

Sadly i doubt there is much choice. You can always say no, as can she, but both know what it means

"What do you mean? Miss Wainwright can refuse to give up a scale from her Avatar though not having it to compare the future scale with will mean our only possible chance of saving Miss Clearwater is gone. However she will not have a choice in eventually getting her Avatar examined but she do have a choice in when."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Tane wrote:Is it always like this, or the ones raised by sleepers are like this? Maybe knowing their nature more can be done.
Anja wrote:"As far as I know this is always the case other than with a few individuals such as Bee."
Bruce replied.
Colin frowned, "A few rare exceptions to the rule, but the rule does seem to hold true, regardless of who raises the widderslaintes. Little monsters who would strangle their siblings in their infancy - though I suspect they're likely worse if they're born Awakened, and more so if they're second- or third-reincarnation Fallen..."

Tane wrote:Coercion takes away free will,a component of free volition.
Anja wrote:"Agreed however that is not how the law see it when what you are coersed into doing is so much worse than what you are being threatened with."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.
"Beside the point is moot it is being Fallen which is illegal it do not matter how you got that way."
He shook his head, "Coercion does not take away Free Will. Coercion only influences how unpleasant the perceived consequences of certain choices become - the only way to remove someone's Free Will from the equation would be to literally puppeteer them, and force their body to act against the subject's will. And again, yes, the point is that being Fallen is what is illegal here."

Tane wrote:In that we do agree. That's why then we need to work as hard as we can to make ways to make that possibility every day more feascible.
Anja wrote:"I am not that interested in working on a fools errad, everything is possible but some things are very, very improbable."
The Artificer grunted.
He frowned, "One thing at a time, though - our first priority, or your first priority in this case, is to build a solid case to save Miss Clearwater. That can not be done by piling up hypotheticals decades into the future; you need some tangible proof within weeks."

Tane wrote:They are not intelligent? Or just not frinedly?
Anja wrote:"I guess the latter."
Bruce said.
He nodded, "Probably less 'unfriendly' and more 'fiercely territorial', I suspect."

Tane wrote:What is considered as enough duress, then?
Anja wrote:"Nothing I would assume is enough duress to justify selling ones Avatar to Oblivion."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
He nodded to Bruce, "What he said - there's no legally accepted justification."

Tane wrote:I see. Then again, too powerful avatars are sometimes forgiven... can't it be done the other way around? weakening an avatar until it is unimportant so it can be cleansed, and it's widderslaint only half awakens? Like a static sorcerer?
Anja wrote:"You misunderstand Mr Karyak the powerful Avatar Colin mentioned where not spared because it is powerful, it was spared because it had the power to rip the Spirit Masters to shreds and the will to do so, it was simply to dangerous to attack, it was not that it was spared but that the Traditions did not have the power to destroy it."
Bruce said and sigh.
He shook his head, "He's not forgiven at all - he's scarcely trusted by most. But his Avatar is too dangerous to attack, and that means it will still be as powerful in its next incarnation, so nobody dares risk create a hostile, indestructible widderslainte a few years down the line, rather than an adult, non-hostile Fallen they can keep an eye on..."

Tane wrote:I have already taken a couple out of place and brought them back. I'm looking to something bigger, so it is hard, yes, but not impossible. Also, is the best chance we've got.
He frowned, "Ah, yes, were you the one who tidied up a small minefield that had been left out in the open? Dangerous work, that, but just remember that loose fragments do not work like a whole Avatar."

Tane wrote:What do you want to do with her and what are you plotting?
He shook his head, "I am plotting nothing, except making a banquet in celebration of victory, and in memory of those we lost in battle. Seeing as she is registered as your Custos, as I understand it, it stands to reason that you should be allowed to invite her to the dinner, if you wish. Just make sure she understands that she should not take naps on the table."

Tane wrote:I've already harvested a couple, i can do it again. In any case, i can always sing them again together, if that's what it takes.
He arched an eyebrow, "You can... sing back together a shredded Avatar? I... find that quite hard to believe. For several reasons."

Tane wrote:I've heard of the abominations... some sort of broken glass avatars. The thing of nightmares. And the one receiving such avatar... madness even beyond the Marauder's...
He arched an eyebrow, "Hey, now, I have a shard cluster Avatar, and she's hardly the thing of nightmares, nor am I insane by any definition. I would advise you to take that back."

Tane wrote:How's his avatar so powerful and his mind not corrupted?
He shrugged, "He is the son of an Aswadim, and of royal blood to boot. I can't say why his Avatar is so powerful, but I do not think it is unique in that regard... and not all Fallen are gibbering monsters; he's hardly as pure as the driven snow, but he's dedicated to healing Avatars, and that probably helps."

Jeremy wrote:"On one hand...it could kill me. On the other, I would get candy." Serge said weighing both options carefully. "After an extensive cost-benefit analysis, I have determined that the benefits outweigh the costs."
He grimaced, "Or you could get drugged and abducted for nefarious purposes. That would be worse than death."

Anja wrote:"It is most unealthy for them, and yet every so often a Bygone make it's way through the Gauntlet."
Bruce replied.
He nodded, "And how long do they usually last here when that happens?"

Jeremy wrote:"Is that permissions for me to illusion up some dragons for you guys? Because I drew a dragon two days ago that I'm sure you guys would all love to see in real life. Ripping the roof off of this room and breathing candy at all of us." Serge said with a smirk.
Anja wrote:"It depends if you have to do the illusion by affecting my mind then no, if the illusion will be done with shadows and light then sure why not."
Bruce commented.
He smiled thinly, "Anna mentioned an adorable ribbon trick... I would be up for an illusory dragon."

Jeremy wrote:Serge gave the two a skeptical look. "There is more than one way to read a mind besides magick. And my mentor happens to specialize in many. I doubt she'd be fond of you guys attempting to bribe her regardless. She's not a fan of being manipulated like that. My personal recommendation? Have a good poker face, ask her politely with no sinister intentions in your heart, and prepare for nightmares when you inevitably fail."
Anja wrote:"Cake will solve the problem."
Bruce declared.
"Everyone want to be manipulated with cake."
He grinned, "What's sinister about wanting to whip you into better shape, for your long-term health benefits?"

Anja wrote:"That is really, really cheap for dental work."
The Orphan said sounding impressed.
"Usually I get my teeth fixed by one of the Verbena."
He looked up, "What? No, that's what the price for lucky charms on a chain would be. The dentist charges low average fees, still in the triple digits, I'm afraid."

Tane wrote:You need treatment, then? I'd like to help, if you let me. I want you well, Cita.
Anja wrote:Cita looked saddened for a moment.
"Yes indeed I do, however I am not willing to this shard is most precious to me."
The spirit healer said softly.
He glanced from Tane to Cita, pondering silently.

Tane wrote:Actually, the song won't discomfort them, and is not traumatic or invasive in the sense that it doesn't tamper with the avatar. It's just a channel for it to project itself. It is safe to go out, and so it does.
He nodded, "The question I have is whether singing them out like that will be comforting enough to soothe the usual... indignity of examination."

Tane wrote:If i can help, i'd love to.

Gandyja said it is mature enough now to give birth to a shard, a little baby avatar. But it would be traumatic for us both and with all that's something i wouldn't do it in the near future. So, yeah.
Anja wrote:"Are you sure it meant a shard and not an Avatar Companion like the one Master Nassa have with him for those two are two very different things."
He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed, that does sound a lot like your Avatar is ready to birth a companion, not splinter off a fragment."

Tane wrote:I don't think he would WANT to do anything bad, but i see a hundred things that could go wrong. I just said we need to be alert.
Maybe if the psychopomp thing works they can help master gregario too.
Anja wrote:Cita got a very stern look in her eyes.
"You have already suggested we not ask Mr Greagario's consent before we do this operation on his apprentice, and you still say we need to be alert about him this is not acceptable he is not jealous, he is a good man and I will hear nothing else about this!"
The Spirit Master said sternly.
"We can ask but I do not see how it can help him but I guess asking it will not harm."
He pondered, "If we can call a Psychopomp, I still doubt it would help Mr. Gregario, as such - with Miss Florentine, we have a compatible Avatar available, waiting to join with her. We don't have another, er, spare, as such."

Tane wrote:Sadly i doubt there is much choice. You can always say no, as can she, but both know what it means
Anja wrote:"What do you mean? Miss Wainwright can refuse to give up a scale from her Avatar though not having it to compare the future scale with will mean our only possible chance of saving Miss Clearwater is gone. However she will not have a choice in eventually getting her Avatar examined but she do have a choice in when."
He arched an eyebrow, "Anna's Avatar will be examined, certainly, but there's a big difference between having her Avatar looked at, and having a piece of it cut out. Why, it's about the same difference as between taking your fingerprint, and cutting off the last joint of the finger. And... even if she refuses to have a scale extricated, that's not necessarily our only chance of saving Miss Clearwater, though it will make our work a lot harder."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:23 pm

He nodded, "Probably less 'unfriendly' and more 'fiercely territorial', I suspect."

"At the gates out of Horizon there are warnings that if you encounter the black unicorns leave them alone as they are aggressive and dangerous, and that is really all I know about it."
Bruce said and grunted.

He shook his head, "He's not forgiven at all - he's scarcely trusted by most. But his Avatar is too dangerous to attack, and that means it will still be as powerful in its next incarnation, so nobody dares risk create a hostile, indestructible widderslainte a few years down the line, rather than an adult, non-hostile Fallen they can keep an eye on..."

"Essentially keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
Bruce said.
"And the way I understand it Master Ir want to be with the Traditions and ae working with us and that is better than a hostile widderslainte."

He arched an eyebrow, "Hey, now, I have a shard cluster Avatar, and she's hardly the thing of nightmares, nor am I insane by any definition. I would advise you to take that back."

Mia gave a sharp sound of displeasure at Tane's commenting she where an abomination, the lady was not amused.

He nodded, "And how long do they usually last here when that happens?"

"Not long or so I hear most Bygones die after a short time in our reality from Paradox."
Bruce said and he frowned.

He grinned, "What's sinister about wanting to whip you into better shape, for your long-term health benefits?"

"See she would be all for it."
Bruce commented with a grin.

He looked up, "What? No, that's what the price for lucky charms on a chain would be. The dentist charges low average fees, still in the triple digits, I'm afraid."

"That makes more sense."
Bruce said and nodded.

He nodded, "The question I have is whether singing them out like that will be comforting enough to soothe the usual... indignity of examination."

"No that do not seam to be the case."
Cita said and she shook her head.

He arched an eyebrow, "Anna's Avatar will be examined, certainly, but there's a big difference between having her Avatar looked at, and having a piece of it cut out. Why, it's about the same difference as between taking your fingerprint, and cutting off the last joint of the finger. And... even if she refuses to have a scale extricated, that's not necessarily our only chance of saving Miss Clearwater, though it will make our work a lot harder."

"Well yes it will make something almost impossible a little bit harder but I do not think we should put to much pressure on the young girl, telling her the scale would help at her own trial and the trial of another will do, it should be her choice entirely and she will only be asked such a question after Dr Lee have said it is safe for her to do so."
Cita said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"Coercion is manipulation, yes but there apparently is left enough 'choice' or desire remaining to still cause one to Fall. Though as we've seen, this may occasionally have some ramification in future lives, under certain circumstances. This is what we are trying to find out."
Anja wrote:"That I do not know much about Adley."
Bruce said simply.
Colin frowned, "The problem with that, of course, is that tracking an Avatar's incarnations is tricky at best... unless you have very compelling evidence as to who the previous incarnations were, and even then, it can be hard to discern why they let themselves Fall in the first place..."

Anja wrote:"Essentially keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
Bruce said.
"And the way I understand it Master Ir want to be with the Traditions and ae working with us and that is better than a hostile widderslainte."
He nodded, "Essentially so. That he later made a family only serves to strengthen his ties to the Traditions."

S7trif3 wrote:"Pardon, but did you say you have some avatar shards? Where are they?"
He arched an eyebrow, "Good question."

S7trif3 wrote:"Harvesting sounds...wrong. Though helping them is not a bad thing, I do warn you that even if it were possible for you to sing a Fallen avatar back together, it would still be Fallen and possibly quite traumatized on top of it. Your abilities are quite amazing and I would like to know more of this but I warn you that it is not an easy thing to knit an avatar together, and in fact find all of its shards...and if there are more than one..."
He nodded, "I know Master Telar can... reattach Avatar fragments to injured Avatars, but from what I have seen, it is neither painless nor easy. Well, the pain part can be ameliorated with some ephemeral sedatives, fortunately, but the point remains - and I do not know if anyone at all is able to track down all the severed pieces of a flayed Avatar, even if they were there when it happened. Perhaps if a Spirit Master somehow managed to collect the fragments as the ritual took place, but even that sounds too dangerous and unreliable."

Anja wrote:Mia gave a sharp sound of displeasure at Tane's commenting she where an abomination, the lady was not amused.
S7trif3 wrote:"What have you heard, Mr Karyak?" he asked, then glanced over at Colin.
He gave Tane a dirty look, "Indeed, what have you heard?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Good question, but not one we'll be able to ask him directly I'd imagine."
He shrugged, "Actually, we probably could ask him directly - I'm just not sure he could answer."

Anja wrote:"At the gates out of Horizon there are warnings that if you encounter the black unicorns leave them alone as they are aggressive and dangerous, and that is really all I know about it."
Bruce said and grunted.
He nodded, "Sounds very much like fiercely territorial animals. I'd wager Sir David Attenborough would have a field day. Or Steve Irwin, rest his soul..."

Anja wrote:"Not long or so I hear most Bygones die after a short time in our reality from Paradox."
Bruce said and he frowned.
He frowned, "I thought as much..."

Jeremy wrote:"I'll bring this under consideration." Serge said, pretending to think about it for a few moments. Then jokingly said, "Naw, I'm still going for it. The riskier the proposition the sweeter the candy."
He grinned, "Well, you just might have earned a lateral promotion from 'mascot' to 'damsel', but very well."

Jeremy wrote:"See, he's fun. It's just illusions. Nothing else." Serge said looking at Bruce while gesturing to Colin. "Wish Anna came earlier. Than she could've seen the tea part with the talking animals."
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at him. "Is this a polite dragon that will return the roof to its former state?"
Anja wrote:"I on't really care what it is Serge, if it involves affecting my mind then I do not desire to participate."
Bruce said sternly with a grunt.
He nodded to Bruce, "A respectable stance."
He arched an eyebrow at Serge, "Tea party, was it? Why do I have a sinking suspicion my name came up during that?"

Anja wrote:"See she would be all for it."
Bruce commented with a grin.
Jeremy wrote:"Go ahead and try. Your funeral." Serge said with a smirk.
Anja wrote:Bruce grinned at that.
He grinned, "Well, now, a funeral sounds a bit extreme. After all, that would hardly be a learning experience, would it?"

S7trif3 wrote:He smiled at that. 'Unless they to have as fine a sense of humor as I do."
He grinned, "I may trust my luck far, but there are limits..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Good to know."
He smiled wryly, "You know, most people would at least pause at the mention of him being a demolitions specialist..."

Anja wrote:"That makes more sense."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, I thought I told you already. But yes, something not too large."
He nodded, "I'll see what I can hammer out... No rush, I presume?"

Anja wrote:"Well yes it will make something almost impossible a little bit harder but I do not think we should put to much pressure on the young girl, telling her the scale would help at her own trial and the trial of another will do, it should be her choice entirely and she will only be asked such a question after Dr Lee have said it is safe for her to do so."
Cita said and frowned.
He nodded, "She's a brave girl, but I won't fault her if offering such evidence at someone else's trial scares her too much... Still, if it's safe, it would spare her the same discomfort later."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 am

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not meaning to draw many different avatar pieces into one whole but rather the parts that once were together before they were broken. But it may not be possible to get them all, and I am sure there would be numerous complications. I'll ask her, then."
Colin nodded, "Sounds like it would be a risky proposition, at least - I can think of quite a few ways that could lead to stray fragments getting up in everyone's... business."

Anja wrote:"Well I do not have many traumatic memories to trap snoopers with unless my mom talking with my first girl I had a crush on in third grade counts."
The Artificer said wryly.
"Still I would like to keep people out of my mind if I can."
He nodded, "Well, if your mother talked with the girl in question right in front of you, I would say that's perhaps less traumatic and more awkward for any mind reader to look at... Not something you'd necessarily want to share like that, in any case."

Jeremy wrote:Serge narrowed his eyes towards Colin and said, "Oh my gosh. We need to go deeper."
He nodded, "But what would you use to bait gummy bears?"

Anja wrote:"Now there is another thing I would pay good money to see."
Bruce said wryly.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, no thank you I prefer my audiences in school where they do not usually throw tomatoes or if they do I can kick them out of class."
He nodded with a small, wry smile, "Fair point, though they do say you should sing like no-one is listening, and dance like no-one is watching..."

Jeremy wrote:"Yes! Come on Adley. Sing Bohemian Rhapsody! Let that fiery passion light up your voice and sing like the Disney Princess I may or may not have drawn you as!" Serge said urging the flambeau to embrace his inner singer.
S7trif3 wrote:"Wait, what did you say?" he said, looking at Serge. He blinked at him, then narrowed his eyes. "No one can sing that as well as Freddy Mercury..."
Jeremy wrote:"Nothing!" Serge said quickly, re-evaluating why he had said that in the first place. He figured that Beatrice might've had shown him the picture.

"You don't need to sing it as well....just better! Or worse. Honestly I just wanna see that performance. With the pyrotechnics in the background, shooting flames into the air!"
S7trif3 wrote:"Disney princess?" he raised an eyebrow. Then he said, "No one can sing that song better than Freddy Mercury," he said with a smile.
He nodded, "I've got to agree with Adley here - there's no topping Mercury's performance. Which reminds me, Kanye West needs a round of strep throat or somesuch infection; could someone remind me to consult Master Nassa about arranging that later?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed so Colin we are a Cabal we have to cooperate after all."
Bruce joked.
He nodded, "Coordination and delegating responsibilities, that's how we get things done."

Jeremy wrote:"Really? What's its name? How can a cake have a funny name?" Serge asked curiously, his interests turning towards the cake.
S7trif3 wrote:"Oh, no..."
Anja wrote:"Well a few months ago Colin invited the Cabal for dinner and for dessert we had his spotted dick."
Bruce said and grinned.
"It was most delicious."
He added and he grinned wider.
S7trif3 wrote:"And there it is," he said, facepalming. "I would say I saw that coming but that would sound incredibly rude, given the vulgar context."
Anja wrote:Bruce chuckled at that.
He grinned, "Well, spotted dick is a pudding, not a cake, but all the same... besides, you should see some of the dinner dishes."

Jeremy wrote:Serge chuckled immaturely at the vulgur joke. "Well that certainly puts a new spin on the whole 'bribing her with cake' now doesn't it. I can see why it would be irresistible."
Anja wrote:"See I might get to chase you around the Chantry with a whip still."
Bruce said and he chuckled.
S7trif3 wrote:"Not even going to comment...let's leave the whips and chains for another day, hrm?"
Anja wrote:"Spoilsport, but very well."
The Orphan said sounding amused.
Jeremy wrote:"Well, hope you have fun while you do it." Serge said with a smirk.
He grinned broadly, "Well, I suppose if Bruce doesn't get to run you around the Chantry with whips and chains, you could always create an illusion of him doing so..."

Jeremy wrote:"We named the dragon 'draconis' but Puff is such a good name as well." Serge said, enjoying Adley's light-hearted demeanor.
He arched an eyebrow, "You named the dragon 'Dragon', just in a different language... Isn't that rather like naming a cat 'Felis'?"

Jeremy wrote:"I'm not sure. One of the girls put your name into the pile but the problem was that some of the players didn't know who you were so it was a rather poor choice. It was likely either Rosa or Jane, since they knew you the best." Serge said, his face showing no signs of change or deception.
He narrowed his eyes a little and held Serge's gaze for several long seconds, "I see... And they thought it would be a good idea to write the name of a person they knew some of the others present probably didn't know that well... Perhaps I should ask them who they think put my name in the hat, too?"

S7trif3 wrote:"I don't follow that logic, but thank you. Yes, after this week is certainly fine."
He grinned, "It's a mathematical pun - 31 in Octal, or base eight, is 25 in Decimal, or base ten."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:35 pm

We have a new IC thread. Tane get 2 exp for the old thread. Here is the link to the new thread:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t181-little-moments-between-steptember-and-november-meetings-and-endings-part-2-ic-thread-31#24970
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 pm

We have a new thread which will be after the downtime but we can finish Tane's plots for the last story in the new thread. He also get 5 exp for the downtime:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t187-new-enemies-old-problems-and-a-trip-to-horizon-ic-thread-32
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:42 pm

If you want to rejoin the game we have a new thread. We can just quickly go over the things Tane was in the middle of if you wish and bring him up to the present with what the others are doing. Anyway here is a link to the new thread let me know what you want to do.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t191-blood-moneysick-cyborgs-and-hidden-plans-ic-thread-33#26992
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 am

Here are the new IC thread. I have just had Tane be busy with his shapechanger friends while you have been inactive.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t209-cats-uncooperative-prisoners-and-eight-technocrats-ic-thread-37
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Here is the new thread just feel free to jump right back in if you come back to the game. I have had Tane just work on things with his shapechanger friends while you have been away.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t210-rescuing-shawn-traitors-and-bothersome-ghosts-ic-thread-38
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:37 pm

I will add this here just in case you happen to want to reply.

He frowned, "I'll send Mr. Karyak a message right away, just in case."
He quickly punched in a text, 'Let Strawberry know someone is abducting her kinfolk - if you'd like to bring her here for safety and coordinating with the investigation, that would be fine.'

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 am

I assume Mariano is not coming back to play Tane, but it cost me little to post this here just in case he want to anyway. Here is the link to the new thread:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t215-an-army-of-ghosts-a-sad-nephanda-and-two-angels-ic-thread-40#32654
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:40 pm

I don't think Mariano is coming back but here just in case is the link to the new IC thread:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t219-dinner-plans-sacrifices-and-qliphothic-exemplars-ic-thread-42
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 pm

[Tane's Home]

Allmost three months had gone by since the trouble with the Nephandi shook Mage society in Boston and Chicago, since that time you had worked on your own project of trying to find a way to save Cadence from Gilgul, at least her trial had not been yet, Colin had made sure that she would be tried last. As for your work for Steelhaven you where tasked with improving relations between the shapechangers that made their home in Boston and Mage society.

You still lived with a group of fera, Coawa the Rokea, Alessa the Ananasi, little Strawberry the Ratkin and the yong Rokea Paula who's teacher spirits who would prepare her for her life as a shapechanger had been murdered by the Nephandi so now it had fallen to you, and your friends to raise her.

Apperantly there was now some new troubles, Steelhaven had called you to ask if you where okey, and a call had gone out asking for aid against the Nephandi a call Coawa and Strawberry had answered.

You where just making some dinner for yourself, Paula and Alessa, though the Ananasi did not really need to eat solid food. The werspider herself was on her computer clearly not happy she had muttered something about Ananasi Kinfolk having gone missing. This is when your phone rang and from the caller id you saw that the caller was Dino, the leader of the local pack of Garou.

(OOC: Mariano told me he wanted to come back to the game. He will be playing at his own speed though so mostly in his own side stories but jay, welcome back Tane. Very Happy)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 pm

[Tane's House]

Being a bunch of ritual hunters for corrupted beings AND stepfatherlings for a narcoleptic shark girl was at least curious, but trying. In any case though, love conquers all, and as much as it had been a challenge, they have been able to work towards Paula's upbringing.
Right now, Tane had made Paula learn a little more on manners to pass for a normal human. At first she didn't understand why, but after a couple explanations on the uses for investigation and how she actually wanted to reproduce with human kinfolk and how that would be useful to her, she had agreed. Now she was learning to use cutlery and putting the table.

Paula was to young to reproduce yet, but she would want to one day, and find a strong father for her spawn. She did eat with a knife and fork now, but boy did she eat, when she was not sleeping, and right now she was sleeping in the fridge, as usual, you had been forced to get a second fridge, so you had one for food and one for Paula. Coawa took her swimming to teach her to be a shark, but it was trying for him for she just could not keep up, she might grow larger than him one day, but she had no speed, she just glided through the water happily, eating things that happened to float past her nose, not being to concerned about what, by the time the pair had completed a lap around the bay, Coawa was exhausted from holding back, they where both sharks but very different.

At Dino's call, Steelhaven's call and Alessa's reaction, it looked like his time of leisure time had ended. Well, peace had never been an option until now, so why would it be now? Tane answered his phone with a furrowed brow Greetings Alpha Dino, honor be upon you.

"Thank you and to you as well Mr Kayak...I am calling you to ask for your aid, but I know this is a complicated time for your society, do you have a few moments to listen to my request?"
The werewolf asked politely.

(OOC: Just play when you can and don't worry about it and real life get in the way of fun at times, such is the way of things unfortunately.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 am

[Tane's House]

Something was off if the whole pack needed him, so he sat down near Alessa Tell me, Dino. For now we're not spread as thin as to not be able to answer when a friend need us. It's been a while since i've known about all of you, though, and since then the City looks like has stirred up, and i'm affraid that's always a foreteller of turmoil.

Dino sigh as he replied.
"It is an unfortunate situation really, I told you once that my kind are forbidden from finding love among our own, sometimes this do happen anyway though, and the child of such an union are always born a werewolf, but they are born deformed and are easier to corrupt, we accept them anyway though even if we do punish the parents, we need every one we can get. Now a woman in my pack got into such an unfortunate situation with a man from another pack in our Sept, and her due date is nearing. Now the problem is that she went to pick up some supplies in town, and she had not returned for hours, with all that is going on I am getting worried that something have happened to her."
Dino replied.
"Is there a chance you can help me find my missing Pack member."

(OOC: There have not been allot of change in Cadence situation she is sent to Horizon but is in a cell, unharmed for now. Beatrice is healing she is still weak but she can cast spells again now, you have been working with Henrietta and one of the hedge wizards from Lux Iternis and have been able to slow down her Awakening while the woman from Lux is trying to find a way for her to keep her hedge magic after she Awakens. Henrietta haven taken an apprentice, a woman saved from the Labyrinth two months ago. You have been working with Amadeus on preparing to transfer his secondary Avatar to Miss Florentine and that is almost ready but as the group is trying to save a captured Psycopomp they hope that it might make things easier.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 am

((OOC: Colin will have, hm, "worked" closely with Tane for a while, at least, to make sure Tane's written apologies and, I think, peace offerings of Tass, were properly made to Darrian and Alphonse Dupuis? In his function as Cabal Leader, he'll have paid Tane a few visits for that purpose. And also to say hi to the shifters, of course. Or to put it in a different way, Colin will have visited to have Coawa sit on Tane until Tane wrote those letters in the proper apologetic forms required by his offense, to avoid actual legal troubles. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:03 pm

[Tane's question raises the point; how much has Tane/Nicole interacted in the downtime? I'm guessing 'not much'; I get the feeling they wouldn't have much in common. Same could be said of Tane/Serge relations too.]

Serge wrote:(OOC: Serge would probably ask him more about his shark sword and about the werebeasts he's interacted with Razz . So he'd probably have about the same amount of interaction he has with the rest of the cabal depending on how often he's around the chantry.)

[Nicole and Tane also have tattoos. But I think that's it, unless we broaden it to include things like 'both are human' (well, *mainly* human in her case). It's not really a case of 'up to me' as I just don't see any 'mutual points of discussion' - even with Adley they've at least got a partly-shared background of both growing up in RI at the same time. And the Ratkin thing isn't something she wants to discuss with anyone - I think the only ones who even know at Steelhaven are Colin, the Chief and possibly Dr Lee.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 pm

I forgot to post this:

[Tane's Room]

You could come here, if you wanted, or we could meet in your territory. It's all the same to me, as long as there are no prying ears nearby.

"That is acceptable, if you make your way here Mr Karyak."
Dino agreed.

Tane answered and gave out a low growl at the information A Ratkin friend of mine lost a human colaborator, and apparently there are missing Spiderkin kinfolk missing too. I was going to look into that two disapearances too, but if the ratkin have lost more people, and so do you, then there's no doubt this is some kind of relation between them.

"Ananasi Tane...I am an Ananasi or Werspider if you have to but our kinfolk are Ananasi kinfolk."
Alessa corrected as she worked on her computer she seamed to be looking for something.
"It do seam like it might be related indeed and whoever are taking these people needs to be stopped."
Dino replied.

Spirits have been twisted and killed recently, so this could be some kind of furthering of that plan or actions. Looks like it's comming all together, wich means there's not that much time... Tane thought aloud, trying to pierce the idea. What could anyone be trying. Also there was the thing with the shards of avatars left as traps... I'll tell Mr Wainwright. I suppose knowing nobody's howling for revenge will earn anyone some ale.

"There have been more attacks on spirits? I have not heard about that."
The werewolf asked.
"We are going to ahve to figure this out. I do not know anything about Avatars left as traps though for now I have been concerned with my missing Packmate. Contacting Mr Wainwright might be a good idea though."
He agreed.

(OOC: I can probably set ip some side plot that can let Tane assist in some way.)
(OOC 2: We can set up a Cabal meeting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:31 pm

[Tane's home]

I'll be seeing you then around 4. And turned to Alessa

"In the morning? It is around 8 30 in the evening now."
Dino replied.

Yes, sorry, not sure if Dino would understand, but it slipped my mind, so sorry.

"It is quite alright Tane."
Alessa replied.
"And yes I guess your wolf friend would understand not that his kind like mine much."

Not More, but the attacks a couple of months ago might be related too. One does not contact the spirits every day, all day, so it's probably easier to do anything to them with less people noticing. THe same can be said with kinfolk. Looks like they're... isolating the fera... little by little. Or maybe whoever this is looking for info. But it's clearly related and gravitating towards the local Fera.
I'll have Coawa talk to our local Rokea and i also know a Kitsune living nearby, i'll ask her if she saw something strange or maybe knew of anything out of the ordinary.

"Hum...perhaps so, we will see. Contacting the Rokea though is a good idea. Yes I spoke with the Kitsune when I was over at one of the other...ehm Chantries helping out with a medical situation for one of the other mages in Boston, she seamed fine then, other than this I do not know many fera in the city...I think we have a few Ravens and perhaps a few others but they are not interacting with our Pack."
The werewolf Pack leader replied.

(OOC: Oh I forgot to delete that line Nicole requested to have one at some point. It was not directed at you specifically.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next