Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 15 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 am

[Colin's Room]

Colin wrote:Colin pondered, then smiled, "Well, that'll make a fine gift for Anna when it's out. Could you sign me up for a copy?"

"Yes!" Serge said excitedly, "...wait just to be clear are you talking to me or Master Nassa?"

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Serge, you do realize that there's usually a hefty punishment for fighters who throw a match, right? Betting against yourself is usually recommended against..."

"Don't worry about that. The bet was that I get no hits in despite my best efforts. It certainly wouldn't be my best efforts if I threw the match." Serge said with a smile.

[Spirit Shenanigans]

Anja wrote:"Yes, what other ways are there?"
The spirit said, it's non voice sounding completely confused.

Colin wrote:
He turned to Serge, "Spirits are very rarely able to see time like we do, or understand the passage of it. When he says the woman looks like 337 years ago to 156 years in the future, he sees her at every instant of her life at once, making her physical form... well, hard to distinguish."

"I had a feeling it was something like that. But I just thought he saw things in a way my mortal brain couldn't comprehend and so described it in arbitrary time units. But seeing every instant in time at once? That's some freaky stuff." Serge said glancing at Colin.

Turning back to the spirit Serge continued with his questions. "I apologize for the confusion. It appears we perceive the world very differently." Serge said chuckling. "You said that you knew where the women summoned you. At least that's what I gathered. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong." he said politely.

"Do you think you could lead us there?"

Adley wrote:"But in thisnow, the her-that-is-thisnow has yet to darken. So...the her-that-will-be-darker is the one who is causing the trouble." He frowned, then looked at Colin. "Do you think it is possible that they are from a different timeline? Or from ours, but trying to change it in our future...er...relatively speaking?" He was still having a bit of a time trying to speak properly of time effects, to get his point across.

Serge looked confused and what Adley was saying. "I assume you guys have a women in mind. That has yet to darken? Although I assume the spirit was just saying the women who women who summoned him was getting more corrupt that she was in the past. Which, if it she's calling a time assassination makes some sense."

"If he was contacted in another timeline I think our spirit buddy would've made mention of it when I asked 'when' he was summoned. At least I think he would. Could be a neat question."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 15 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:58 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

Morning, sir. I need your help, and don't have much time to explain...' she replied, clearly having run to see him.

"Come in and tell me what you need explanation can come later."
The Verbena said and he opened his door wider to let you into his apartment.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin pondered, then smiled, "Well, that'll make a fine gift for Anna when it's out. Could you sign me up for a copy?"

"Off course and I will also make sure Mr Yager sign it for his art."
Amadeus said and smiled.

He nodded, "I agree, highly talented."

"His Mentor must be proud."

He smiled thinly, "Hell of a way to test your limits, though..."

"Indeed so it is not exactly how I would have recommended exploring one's limits but if it is what the kid wants."
Amadeus said sounding a bit amused.

He nodded slowly, giving Kyle a dark look, "...What is the one thing you fear above all else? I'll say no more of it..."

"Already too much," he said with a look to Colin, frowning severely.

Kyle paled.
"Oh fuck..."
He muttered and shivered.
"Ehm...okey then."
The boy said.
"Excuse me."
He muttered and rushed to the bathroom."

He nodded, "Miss Briar, I believe - I let her in the door just last week. Jhor is a nasty business... And yes, lacking the ability to sense pain is mortally dangerous for exactly that reason."

"Jhor is indeed nasty but I guess it is the price of necromancy which Miss Briar is quite skilled at I hear. They used to call it Necromancer's Bane."
Amadeus said and nodded.
"But yes we have pain for a reason not feeling it is seldom a good idea if one plan on living long."

He smiled, "Finding out what people want, and what they need, and how to get the two to align is a highly useful skill. Rest assured, I might not be able to teach you much magic for a while, but we'll certainly work on rhetoric and psychology."

"You teach me allot dad."
Anna said happily then she turned serious.
"But yes I will do that, do research and see if I can get the hospitals to stop forcing kids through medical procedures if they don't want it."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He smiled, "I cannot say. I'll tell him to ask you when the other spirit is dealt with."

"Yes..."
Was all Engrave said as he continued writing on the floor.

He smiled to Serge, "Very good, Kid."
Turning back to the spirit, "The girl you tried to harm is precious to me; when we thought you were acting on your own behalf, we thought you our enemy. But when we learned what has befallen you, we saw that you are no more our enemy than is a hammer that hits the carpenter's thumb. The woman is using you as a tool, no more, and that blame is all on her."

The spirit looked at you for a moment then it said.
"I understand."

He frowned, "So, not Fallen, but making her way there..."
He glanced at George, "The woman I suspect, would she by any chance fit the description?"

"It fit our suspicions about her at least."
George confirmed.
"Though we have no proof for that it do fit with our suspicions."

He turned to Engrave, "This spirit, lost and nameless, has stated the time its name was stolen... Can you find it, to help us return it to how it should be?"

"No the time it's name was stolen is warded I can not read it and not chronicle it."
Engrave replied.

Turning back to the spirit Serge continued with his questions. "I apologize for the confusion. It appears we perceive the world very differently." Serge said chuckling.

"What is differently?"
The spirit asked sounding confused.

"You said that you knew where the women summoned you. At least that's what I gathered. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong." he said politely.

"I said where Nine hours and fifteen minutes and thirty one seconds from what you see as now."
The spirit said.

"Do you think you could lead us there?"

"Yes I can take you to this point in the now."

Serge looked confused and what Adley was saying. "I assume you guys have a women in mind. That has yet to darken? Although I assume the spirit was just saying the women who women who summoned him was getting more corrupt that she was in the past. Which, if it she's calling a time assassination makes some sense."

"If he was contacted in another timeline I think our spirit buddy would've made mention of it when I asked 'when' he was summoned. At least I think he would. Could be a neat question."

"Yes we have someone in mind child but we should not discuss that here."
George said and frowned.
"And not neccesarily all timelines might be one for this being."
He said.
"Remember it do not see time as linear like we do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:13 pm

[Nassa's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole did as bidden, immediately launching into an explanation once not in the hallway.

'Simply put; I'm about to meet someone who wants to kill me with a needle. I've taken precautions and stuff, but need to cover every corner. Is there something you can do to make my skin too tough for a needle to go through for the next... hour or so?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:35 pm

[Nassa's Apartment]

Nassa's apartment fit the man, the walls in the living room where pale green and he had potted plants everywhere, along the walls where several book shelves filled with books. A colorful green and brown rug lay on the floor. The furniture was mis matched, a red leather sofa, a old worn living room table, one green lawn chair and the other was blue, the table held more books and a potted flower. He had a TV in one corner but it did not look like it was used much, his radio though looked more used. A small alter stood near the TV. The kitchen was full of herbs hanging from the roof for drying. Here and there where pictures on the walls, picture of people this old mage had known though his many years old life.
"I see it is not my former apprentice trying to murder you is it?"
Amadeus asked referring to Bianca who did not exactly love you.
"I have just the thing, Colin Wainwright asked me for a spell to make his apprentice feel safer, so I developed a rote which will make skin tough enough to resist a needle penetrating it while at the same time still look and feel soft and flexible so you will not loose mobility."
He said before he went to his kitchen cabinet and brought out a small tin and opened it, what looked like home made candy where inside.
"Take one and I will cast the second component to the spell."
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:43 pm

[Nassa's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked around with a mixture of curiosity and caution; it was clear from her body language she didn't feel exactly comfortable in such surroundings.

'Bianca? Oh, I can handle her. Well... think I could.' Nicole quipped. 'No, there's some people going around attacking folk with jabs of nasties. We need to take one in for questioning, and I'm bait.' taking one of the proffered candies and looking at it critically.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:17 pm

[Nassa's Apartment]

Bianca? Oh, I can handle her. Well... think I could.' Nicole quipped.

"Ah good I do not want there to be infighting in the Chantry, but my former student sure was rather upset about the vaccine...debate in the autumn."
Amadeus said and frowned.

No, there's some people going around attacking folk with jabs of nasties. We need to take one in for questioning, and I'm bait.' taking one of the proffered candies and looking at it critically.

"Bait you say? Well we have to make sure you are protected then. Don't worry about the candies, they are sweeter than I prefer but the spell they are a part of was made for a twelve year old, but they are just herbs and honey."
The old Verbena said.
"None of it is poisonous."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:54 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"What is differently?"

"The explanation of that is difficult and may cause both us some more confusion. But let's just say that I cannot see things the same way you do."

Anja wrote:"I said where Nine hours and fifteen minutes and thirty one seconds from what you see as now."
The spirit said.
Anja wrote:"Yes I can take you to this point in the now."

Serge tilted his head as he tried to think of more question to ask while the others discussed theories. "Was she alone when she summoned you or were there others with her?"

Anja wrote:"Yes we have someone in mind child but we should not discuss that here."
George said and frowned.
He said.

"Of course. I'll try to keep that in mind." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:42 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"The explanation of that is difficult and may cause both us some more confusion. But let's just say that I cannot see things the same way you do."

"I do not understand."
The spirit said in it's non voice.

Serge tilted his head as he tried to think of more question to ask while the others discussed theories. "Was she alone when she summoned you or were there others with her?"

"There are always many in the river of time."
The Umbrood replied.

"Of course. I'll try to keep that in mind." Serge said with a nod.

George nodded.
"Well you have done reasonably well talking to our friend her so far child. But it is not always easy."
The old mage commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:26 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Jeremy wrote:"Yes!" Serge said excitedly, "...wait just to be clear are you talking to me or Master Nassa?"
Anja wrote:"Off course and I will also make sure Mr Yager sign it for his art."
Amadeus said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "Obviously, I asked you both. And thank you."

Anja wrote:"His Mentor must be proud."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I do believe she is."

S7trif3 wrote:"Already too much," he said with a look to Colin, frowning severely.
Anja wrote:Kyle paled.
"Oh fuck..."
"Ehm...okey then."
The boy said.
"Excuse me."
He sighed and nodded, fetching a glass of water from the kitchen, "Perhaps that was a bit too much... and for that, I am sorry."

Jeremy wrote:"Don't worry about that. The bet was that I get no hits in despite my best efforts. It certainly wouldn't be my best efforts if I threw the match." Serge said with a smile.
He nodded, "Good."

Anja wrote:"You teach me allot dad."
Anna said happily then she turned serious.
"But yes I will do that, do research and see if I can get the hospitals to stop forcing kids through medical procedures if they don't want it."
He grinned, "Well, I can hardly trust your education to the Sleeper school system, can I? You need to know a fair bit of things outside the realm of magic, too - and at the very least, I can give you the greatest history lessons ever, with a direct look at the events in question."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"It fit our suspicions about her at least."
George confirmed.
"Though we have no proof for that it do fit with our suspicions."
He nodded, "Not enough to take her to court, but certainly enough to corroborate all the other indicia..."

Anja wrote:"No the time it's name was stolen is warded I can not read it and not chronicle it."
Engrave replied.
He nodded, "Our enemy is exercising a minimum of precaution - I am not particularly surprised, but I had to ask. And you cannot tell what the spirit was in the Now prior to that time, either?"

Jeremy wrote:"I had a feeling it was something like that. But I just thought he saw things in a way my mortal brain couldn't comprehend and so described it in arbitrary time units. But seeing every instant in time at once? That's some freaky stuff." Serge said glancing at Colin.

Turning back to the spirit Serge continued with his questions. "I apologize for the confusion. It appears we perceive the world very differently." Serge said chuckling.
Anja wrote:"What is differently?"
Jeremy wrote:"The explanation of that is difficult and may cause both us some more confusion. But let's just say that I cannot see things the same way you do."
Anja wrote:"I do not understand."
He turned to Serge, "Careful, now, remember what I said about spirits' inability to understand things that don't fit precisely in their purview? People - incarnate beings - and our inherent limitations are very much outside most spirits' purview."

Jeremy wrote:"You said that you knew where the women summoned you. At least that's what I gathered. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong." he said politely.
Anja wrote:"I said where Nine hours and fifteen minutes and thirty one seconds from what you see as now."
The spirit said.
He frowned thoughtfully, "This Now, have we perceived this moment as already passed, or is it going to happen nine hours and fifteen minutes from now?"

Jeremy wrote:"Do you think you could lead us there?"
Anja wrote:"Yes I can take you to this point in the now."
He glanced at George, "Sir... would that be advisable, or even safe if an established enemy was not already at that time and place? I mean, we might be able to take her by surprise, but she would have a serious power advantage over most of us."

Jeremy wrote:Serge tilted his head as he tried to think of more question to ask while the others discussed theories. "Was she alone when she summoned you or were there others with her?"
Anja wrote:"There are always many in the river of time."
The Umbrood replied.
He smiled wryly to Serge, "Again, perceptions..."

S7trif3 wrote:"But in thisnow, the her-that-is-thisnow has yet to darken. So...the her-that-will-be-darker is the one who is causing the trouble." He frowned, then looked at Colin. "Do you think it is possible that they are from a different timeline? Or from ours, but trying to change it in our future...er...relatively speaking?" He was still having a bit of a time trying to speak properly of time effects, to get his point across.
Jeremy wrote:Serge looked confused and what Adley was saying. "I assume you guys have a women in mind. That has yet to darken? Although I assume the spirit was just saying the women who women who summoned him was getting more corrupt that she was in the past. Which, if it she's calling a time assassination makes some sense."

Anja wrote:"Yes we have someone in mind child but we should not discuss that here."
George said and frowned.
He said.
Jeremy wrote:"Of course. I'll try to keep that in mind." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:George nodded.
"Well you have done reasonably well talking to our friend her so far child. But it is not always easy."
The old mage commented.
He pondered, "I don't think our enemy is from another timeline, as such - I think our enemy is trying to change the fate of one person who is giving them trouble. But, that's just my guess."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin wrote:Colin smiled, "Obviously, I asked you both. And thank you."

"Yes! I've practiced my signature for 17 years for just this moment!" Serge said with a look of triumph on his face.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"I do not understand."
Colin wrote:He turned to Serge, "Careful, now, remember what I said about spirits' inability to understand things that don't fit precisely in their purview? People - incarnate beings - and our inherent limitations are very much outside most spirits' purview."
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly to Serge, "Again, perceptions..."

"Sorry about that. It can be hard to keep that in mind at times. I'm so used to talking with people. Spirit magick might not be the best avenue for me. At least, beyond learning how to see them." Serge said with a slight frown, having flashbacks to his adventures with curly.

Anja wrote:"There are always many in the river of time."
The Umbrood replied.

"I see. Thank you for your answer." Serge said politely, trying to think of a better time-based question that could help them learn more about the women.

Failing to think of any at the moment Serge said, "What exactly were the orders of this women?"

Anja wrote:He glanced at George, "Sir... would that be advisable, or even safe if an established enemy was not already at that time and place? I mean, we might be able to take her by surprise, but she would have a serious power advantage over most of us."

"I asked to broaden our options. Some heavy duty magick like this was probably done in a sanctum. And a sanctum like that is probably filled to the brim with wards." Serge said thoughtfully. "But just knowing where it happened could help us figure out..I dunno...some way to get back at her."

Anja wrote:George nodded.
The old mage commented.

Serge seemed skeptical at his spirit conversing skills so far but accepted the Primus's praise and caution nonetheless.  

Colin wrote:He pondered, "I don't think our enemy is from another timeline, as such - I think our enemy is trying to change the fate of one person who is giving them trouble. But, that's just my guess."

"Perhaps she foresaw a problem she would face in the future from a certain individual and decided to solve it in the present? Attack the problem before it became a problem?" Serge suggested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:03 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Kyle paled.
"Oh fuck..."
"Ehm...okey then."
The boy said.
"Excuse me."
He sighed and nodded, fetching a glass of water from the kitchen, "Perhaps that was a bit too much... and for that, I am sorry."

He gave Colin a glare. He started to get up to go after Kyle and get him and seemed about to do something similar, but watched closely as Colin fetched the water for him.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Yes we have someone in mind child but we should not discuss that here."
George said and frowned.
He said.

At Serge's confused look, he shrugged. "It makes more sense in Enochian. But yes, that's what I was implying and what it seemed to say, at least that is what I got from it."

"Yes I can take you to this point in the now."
He glanced at George, "Sir... would that be advisable, or even safe if an established enemy was not already at that time and place? I mean, we might be able to take her by surprise, but she would have a serious power advantage over most of us."

"Is that a wise idea?" he asked, with a sidelong glance to the Primus, at the same time Colin said it - his tone of voice was skeptical. For all he knew, the spirit would plunk them down somewhere in time, or worse, timeline and there would be more paradox. He frowned and tried to think of more questions to ask.

"Perhaps she foresaw a problem she would face in the future from a certain individual and decided to solve it in the present? Attack the problem before it became a problem?" Serge suggested.

He nodded.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:25 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "Obviously, I asked you both. And thank you."

Amadeus just nodded at that.

Beatrice who had gotten rather pale herself nodded.
"Should I go and check on him and give him the glass of water Colin?"
She asked.

He grinned, "Well, I can hardly trust your education to the Sleeper school system, can I? You need to know a fair bit of things outside the realm of magic, too - and at the very least, I can give you the greatest history lessons ever, with a direct look at the events in question."

"I do wonder what that is like at times, going to school with other kids."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Yeah I am sure I will learn allot from you dad."
She agreed and smiled.

He gave Colin a glare. He started to get up to go after Kyle and get him and seemed about to do something similar, but watched closely as Colin fetched the water for him.

"I can go and check on Kyle?"
Beatrice offered.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "Not enough to take her to court, but certainly enough to corroborate all the other indicia..."

"That it is but it is also something best discussed in private."
George urged cautiously.

He nodded, "Our enemy is exercising a minimum of precaution - I am not particularly surprised, but I had to ask. And you cannot tell what the spirit was in the Now prior to that time, either?"

"No I can not the whole working of taking the name is warded including the name itself."
Engrave said and shook his head before he continued writing on the floor.

He frowned thoughtfully, "This Now, have we perceived this moment as already passed, or is it going to happen nine hours and fifteen minutes from now?"

"It have passed from your point of view as incarnate beings."
The time spirit replied.

"No we do not know what protections our enemy have in place, how many she have with her and more importantly how changing this one thing will affect the time line as a whole."
George said and shook his head.
"Backwards time travel is...not something undertaken lightly even if the jump is only a few hours."

He pondered, "I don't think our enemy is from another timeline, as such - I think our enemy is trying to change the fate of one person who is giving them trouble. But, that's just my guess."

"I agree with that assumption."
The old archmage said.

"Sorry about that. It can be hard to keep that in mind at times. I'm so used to talking with people. Spirit magick might not be the best avenue for me. At least, beyond learning how to see them." Serge said with a slight frown, having flashbacks to his adventures with curly.

"If you learn to see them child you will need to learn to interact with them for then they will get into contact with you."
George said.
"It takes a little time, think of it like learning the customs of another culture."
The old mage commented.

"I see. Thank you for your answer." Serge said politely, trying to think of a better time-based question that could help them learn more about the women.

Failing to think of any at the moment Serge said, "What exactly were the orders of this women?"

"To merge two particular timelines, she did not say why or what for, only that I should merge them and tie them together, the incarnated girl with what I can't touch inside is the key, I focused on her."
The spirit replied.

"I asked to broaden our options. Some heavy duty magick like this was probably done in a sanctum. And a sanctum like that is probably filled to the brim with wards." Serge said thoughtfully. "But just knowing where it happened could help us figure out..I dunno...some way to get back at her."

"The problem is that if we ask the spirit to take us there she will literary take us to this point in time, and yes this woman's sanctum is likely to be filled with wards. I would like to know where this took place as well but it is likely our friend here can only tell us when."
George said and frowned.

"Yes this is likely and we probably know what problems she will be facing in the future as well but like I said child this is for a discussion in private remember we are not imprisoning this spirit, and someone else might talk to it as well, not all conversations should be spread."
George said patiently.

"Is that a wise idea?" he asked, with a sidelong glance to the Primus, at the same time Colin said it - his tone of voice was skeptical. For all he knew, the spirit would plunk them down somewhere in time, or worse, timeline and there would be more paradox. He frowned and tried to think of more questions to ask.

"No it is not wise, however knowing our adversary's now date of birth and age at the moment I might be able to draw up a chart for her, especially given who we think it is and by that I might be able to learn more."
The Primus said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Amadeus just nodded at that.
Jeremy wrote:"Yes! I've practiced my signature for 17 years for just this moment!" Serge said with a look of triumph on his face.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, I suppose everyone needs a hobby..."

Anja wrote:Beatrice who had gotten rather pale herself nodded.
She asked.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin a glare. He started to get up to go after Kyle and get him and seemed about to do something similar, but watched closely as Colin fetched the water for him.
Anja wrote:"I can go and check on Kyle?"
Beatrice offered.
He nodded and set the glass down on the table along with a sachet of peppermint-flavored antacids, "If you would... unless Adley would do it himself. Remind him that however much he fears that outcome, we're not letting it happen, alright? I have every confidence he'll be running around and making a cheerful nuisance before Christmas."

Anja wrote:"I do wonder what that is like at times, going to school with other kids."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Yeah I am sure I will learn allot from you dad."
She agreed and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Overcrowded classrooms and overworked teachers... underfunded schools and various social groups like the burly bullies and the mean girls who rule the schoolyard with an iron fist, and the more timid kids who just try to learn something other than how to dodge bullies... The public education system is a bit of a shambles, really. And, of course, the slight risk of a bit of Union oversight."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"That it is but it is also something best discussed in private."
George urged cautiously.
He nodded, "And not even much then, until we have more solid leads to go by..."

Anja wrote:"No I can not the whole working of taking the name is warded including the name itself."
Engrave said and shook his head before he continued writing on the floor.
He nodded, "Thank you, my friend."

Jeremy wrote:"Sorry about that. It can be hard to keep that in mind at times. I'm so used to talking with people. Spirit magick might not be the best avenue for me. At least, beyond learning how to see them." Serge said with a slight frown, having flashbacks to his adventures with curly.
Anja wrote:"If you learn to see them child you will need to learn to interact with them for then they will get into contact with you."
George said.
"It takes a little time, think of it like learning the customs of another culture."
The old mage commented.
He nodded, "A fair comparison - they are first and foremost alien, and even if they speak 'human', they don't have all the same frames of reference that we do."

Anja wrote:"It have passed from your point of view as incarnate beings."
The time spirit replied.
He nodded, "Very good."

Jeremy wrote:"I see. Thank you for your answer." Serge said politely, trying to think of a better time-based question that could help them learn more about the women.

Anja wrote:"To merge two particular timelines, she did not say why or what for, only that I should merge them and tie them together, the incarnated girl with what I can't touch inside is the key, I focused on her."
The spirit replied.
He frowned, "She brought back precious resources, on the day of the battles... It is quite plausible preventing that is the intent of our enemy here. To weaken several people's chances before the Nine, including..."
He frowned, "If the culprit can peer through time, it's possible she's trying to prevent a piece of evidence from being presented in a future trial, that might wind up changing the outcome of the case... Anna might not be the ultimate target."

Jeremy wrote:"I asked to broaden our options. Some heavy duty magick like this was probably done in a sanctum. And a sanctum like that is probably filled to the brim with wards." Serge said thoughtfully. "But just knowing where it happened could help us figure out..I dunno...some way to get back at her."
Anja wrote:"The problem is that if we ask the spirit to take us there she will literary take us to this point in time, and yes this woman's sanctum is likely to be filled with wards. I would like to know where this took place as well but it is likely our friend here can only tell us when."
George said and frowned.
He nodded, "I suppose if we had the exact point in time and space, and a Primium-clad missile, we might be able to do something about the culprit right away, but... getting back at the woman behind the curtain will probably require a little more finesse and patience."

Anja wrote:"No we do not know what protections our enemy have in place, how many she have with her and more importantly how changing this one thing will affect the time line as a whole."
George said and shook his head.
"Backwards time travel is...not something undertaken lightly even if the jump is only a few hours."
S7trif3 wrote:"Is that a wise idea?" he asked, with a sidelong glance to the Primus, at the same time Colin said it - his tone of voice was skeptical. For all he knew, the spirit would plunk them down somewhere in time, or worse, timeline and there would be more paradox. He frowned and tried to think of more questions to ask.
Anja wrote:"No it is not wise, however knowing our adversary's now date of birth and age at the moment I might be able to draw up a chart for her, especially given who we think it is and by that I might be able to learn more."
The Primus said.
He nodded thoughtfully, "We'll want to avoid causing more of that sort of irritation. Predicting her next moves and preparing to counter them, though, would be useful."

Anja wrote:"I agree with that assumption."
The old archmage said.
Jeremy wrote:"Perhaps she foresaw a problem she would face in the future from a certain individual and decided to solve it in the present? Attack the problem before it became a problem?" Serge suggested.
Anja wrote:"Yes this is likely and we probably know what problems she will be facing in the future as well but like I said child this is for a discussion in private remember we are not imprisoning this spirit, and someone else might talk to it as well, not all conversations should be spread."
George said patiently.
He nodded, then sighed, turning to the nameless spirit again, "I cannot see a way to restore your name to you at this moment in the Now. But, my friend over there," he gestured toward Engrave, "was in a situation like yours, his name destroyed by an evil woman with that which you cannot touch inside. I was able to offer him a new Name, a new purpose, to replace that which was lost. I can offer you the same, if you are willing to forgo who you were before the woman stole your Name. A new purpose, a new determination, if you will... Does this offer have appeal to you, or would you rather we pursue your original Name?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:49 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"If you learn to see them child you will need to learn to interact with them for then they will get into contact with you."
George said.
The old mage commented.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "A fair comparison - they are first and foremost alien, and even if they speak 'human', they don't have all the same frames of reference that we do."

Serge nodded, "That's a good point. Guess that'll be another thing to put on the list of things to learn."

Anja wrote:"To merge two particular timelines, she did not say why or what for, only that I should merge them and tie them together, the incarnated girl with what I can't touch inside is the key, I focused on her."
The spirit replied.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "She brought back precious resources, on the day of the battles... It is quite plausible preventing that is the intent of our enemy here. To weaken several people's chances before the Nine, including..."
He frowned, "If the culprit can peer through time, it's possible she's trying to prevent a piece of evidence from being presented in a future trial, that might wind up changing the outcome of the case... Anna might not be the ultimate target."

"Now that really is interesting. She specifically chose the timelines she wanted to merge." Serge said with a curious look on his face but said no more, remembering the Primus's warning on talking to much in the presence of the spirit.

Anja wrote:"The problem is that if we ask the spirit to take us there she will literary take us to this point in time, and yes this woman's sanctum is likely to be filled with wards. I would like to know where this took place as well but it is likely our friend here can only tell us when."
George said and frowned.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I suppose if we had the exact point in time and space, and a Primium-clad missile, we might be able to do something about the culprit right away, but... getting back at the woman behind the curtain will probably require a little more finesse and patience."

"Right. Didn't even cross my mind that he could be talking about leading us there through time." Serge said with a slight frown. "What if we asked him how long it would take, from this point right here, to get to the place where the women summoned her? Would that sort information help? We could estimate and narrow down the potential locations the sanctum could be in."

Anja wrote:"Yes this is likely and we probably know what problems she will be facing in the future as well but like I said child this is for a discussion in private remember we are not imprisoning this spirit, and someone else might talk to it as well, not all conversations should be spread."
George said patiently.
Colin wrote:He nodded, then sighed, turning to the nameless spirit again, "I cannot see a way to restore your name to you at this moment in the Now. But, my friend over there," he gestured toward Engrave, "was in a situation like yours, his name destroyed by an evil woman with that which you cannot touch inside. I was able to offer him a new Name, a new purpose, to replace that which was lost. I can offer you the same, if you are willing to forgo who you were before the woman stole your Name. A new purpose, a new determination, if you will... Does this offer have appeal to you, or would you rather we pursue your original Name?"

"Of course." Serge said quieting down and letting his cabalmate talk to the spirit.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:15 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Think I put her back up on more than that. Anyway... she said all she wanted was a "free debate", and got pwnd in it.' ending with a little smile, clearly pleased about that.

Anja's Post:

'You would say that, wouldn't you?' she quipped, the smirk making it clear it was a joke, before popping it in.

Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:09 am

[Casa Wainwright]

Beatrice who had gotten rather pale herself nodded.
She asked.
"I can go and check on Kyle?"
Beatrice offered.

"I would appreciate that; I'm not sure if he wants me to see him in such a state or not." He gave a concerned look towards that bathroom.

He nodded and set the glass down on the table along with a sachet of peppermint-flavored antacids, "If you would... unless Adley would do it himself. Remind him that however much he fears that outcome, we're not letting it happen, alright? I have every confidence he'll be running around and making a cheerful nuisance before Christmas."

"I don't want to embarrass him, on top of him feeling upset. But let him know I am here and do not mind helping, I am close by..."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Yes this is likely and we probably know what problems she will be facing in the future as well but like I said child this is for a discussion in private remember we are not imprisoning this spirit, and someone else might talk to it as well, not all conversations should be spread."
George said patiently.

"Speaking of that..." he turned to the spirit and asked, "Were you given any instructions by this person who gave you the mission about what to do if you were summoned by others, that you can tell us about?"

"No it is not wise, however knowing our adversary's now date of birth and age at the moment I might be able to draw up a chart for her, especially given who we think it is and by that I might be able to learn more."
The Primus said.

He nodded at that.

"Right. Didn't even cross my mind that he could be talking about leading us there through time." Serge said with a slight frown. "What if we asked him how long it would take, from this point right here, to get to the place where the women summoned her? Would that sort information help? We could estimate and narrow down the potential locations the sanctum could be in."

"It depends...if it came through the umbra and through time, or was transported into the near umbra near us, such a thing might not help us outright. Traveling in the umbra takes on a different characteristic as navigating the umbra is via connections. We might ask how long it took for it to come here, but it could take us a different amount of time to get between the same places, even if we both were at walking speed to our understanding. It does make me wonder how it managed to get so close to us and poke through our defenses, so quickly though." He frowned a bit and then listened as Colin asked the spirit about its Name.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

'Think I put her back up on more than that. Anyway... she said all she wanted was a "free debate", and got pwnd in it.' ending with a little smile, clearly pleased about that.

"Yes she did, well she did make a challenge and lost, that is on her and she have accepted that defeat gracefully so far so I hope she will continue to do so even if she clearly is not to pleased about you."
Amadeus said and nodded.

'You would say that, wouldn't you?' she quipped, the smirk making it clear it was a joke, before popping it in.

"Yes well I am able to survive just about any substance myself so..."
Amadeus said and he grinned. The candy tasted of herbs and honey, it tasted like those home made candies one could get a farmers markets and such, it was not unpleasant but it was quite sweet.
"Now if you would just hold still for a moment Miss Bouchard."
Amadeus said and he grabbed a small knife and cut a simple symbol into the palm of his own hand and then brought his bloody palm over your form, nearly but not quite touching, you felt your skin itching, it was not painful but your skin felt dry, the itching quickly subsided though and Amadeus gave a satisfied nod.
"That should do it, your skin will resist a needle or for that matter a blade now for a hour or two."

[Casa Wainwright]

Beatrice nodded she took the glass of water.
"I will remind him Colin, poor kid hopefully he will be saved."
She muttered and headed into the bathroom to check on Kyle.

He smiled wryly, "Overcrowded classrooms and overworked teachers... underfunded schools and various social groups like the burly bullies and the mean girls who rule the schoolyard with an iron fist, and the more timid kids who just try to learn something other than how to dodge bullies... The public education system is a bit of a shambles, really. And, of course, the slight risk of a bit of Union oversight."

"That do not sound good, it is better to learn here then."
Anna said then she pointed at Adley.
"But Mr Rot Hicks are a teacher is he not, he teach people stuff so school have to do something."

"I would appreciate that; I'm not sure if he wants me to see him in such a state or not." He gave a concerned look towards that bathroom.

"Kyle idolize you Adley I suspect he...would like to appear strong in your eyes."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"To impress his older brother."

"I don't want to embarrass him, on top of him feeling upset. But let him know I am here and do not mind helping, I am close by..."

"I will do so Adley, I am sure he will be fine."
Beatrice said and she headed into the bathroom to check on the younger mage.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "And not even much then, until we have more solid leads to go by..."

George nodded his agreement to that.

He nodded, "Thank you, my friend."

Engrave nodded and continued writing on the floor.

He nodded, "A fair comparison - they are first and foremost alien, and even if they speak 'human', they don't have all the same frames of reference that we do."

"That is correct they can understand our language not often not the concepts behind them, but yes alien is the best way to describe Umbrooms, they are what they are and often unable to understand anything outside of their domains."
The Primus agreed with a nod.

He frowned, "She brought back precious resources, on the day of the battles... It is quite plausible preventing that is the intent of our enemy here. To weaken several people's chances before the Nine, including..."

"I suspect it is the evidence that Anna can bring for the possibility of cleansing a Fallen soul that are the target and not the girl herself that would fit with the one we suspect are the culprit."
George agreed.

He nodded, "I suppose if we had the exact point in time and space, and a Primium-clad missile, we might be able to do something about the culprit right away, but... getting back at the woman behind the curtain will probably require a little more finesse and patience."

"Yes and like I said we do not know how many changes that would do to time."
The Primus said.
"Or how much collateral damage it would cause."

He nodded thoughtfully, "We'll want to avoid causing more of that sort of irritation. Predicting her next moves and preparing to counter them, though, would be useful."

"I can not scry on her what I can do is find out where a spirit that attacked us come from no one can fault me for that but I can not try to scry on this person in general."
George said and frowned.

He nodded, then sighed, turning to the nameless spirit again, "I cannot see a way to restore your name to you at this moment in the Now. But, my friend over there," he gestured toward Engrave, "was in a situation like yours, his name destroyed by an evil woman with that which you cannot touch inside. I was able to offer him a new Name, a new purpose, to replace that which was lost. I can offer you the same, if you are willing to forgo who you were before the woman stole your Name. A new purpose, a new determination, if you will... Does this offer have appeal to you, or would you rather we pursue your original Name?"

The spirit regarded you.
"The idea of being what I am not fill me with apprehension, but I would rather have a name and a purpose than to just wander aimlessly and be nothing but dust half created. I accept your offer Craftsman."
It said after a little pause to consider.

Serge nodded, "That's a good point. Guess that'll be another thing to put on the list of things to learn."

"I find much joy in dealing with spirits child so yes it is something I recommend learning."
George said and smiled.

"Now that really is interesting. She specifically chose the timelines she wanted to merge." Serge said with a curious look on his face but said no more, remembering the Primus's warning on talking to much in the presence of the spirit.

"Yes she did, she gave me Quintessence from each so I could identify them and ordered me to merge the two time lines."
The spirit confirmed.

"I suspect the reply would be nine hours and fifteen minutes backwards from what we see as now child. Remember this spirit do not understand space, to it there are no space, no length, no height, the only way it can understand movement is through time. Yes getting a reply to your question would help, but as the spirit don't move in space much...well I guess it is worth a try to ask it how long in space it would take to get from here to there."
The Primus said and frowned.

"Speaking of that..." he turned to the spirit and asked, "Were you given any instructions by this person who gave you the mission about what to do if you were summoned by others, that you can tell us about?"

"I was ordered not to speak of a list of things, but I do not understand what is on the list, they make no sense to me."
The spirit said.

"It depends...if it came through the umbra and through time, or was transported into the near umbra near us, such a thing might not help us outright. Traveling in the umbra takes on a different characteristic as navigating the umbra is via connections. We might ask how long it took for it to come here, but it could take us a different amount of time to get between the same places, even if we both were at walking speed to our understanding. It does make me wonder how it managed to get so close to us and poke through our defenses, so quickly though." He frowned a bit and then listened as Colin asked the spirit about its Name.

"You would be three minutes and five seconds older if you went there though the Umbra."
The spirit said.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds if you drive in the physical world. Three hours, two minutes and four seconds if you walk."
The spirit offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole shuddered a little when the Verbena started to slice his hand up, along with a clear "I have no idea what you are doing or how this would even work" look. But let him get on with it.

'Thanks. Hopefully, it shouldn't be needed...' she said once he was done. Unless he had anything else, Nicole would thank him for the help and head back down to the garage...

[Am going to be offline for much of today. So if Adley wants to catch her heading back out, now is the time...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:22 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

Amadeus chuckle when he see your reaction to his spellcasting.
"I suspect our Paradigms are quite different young lady."
The old Verbena said.
"I hope it is not needed either Miss Bouchard, good luck and be careful."
He said before you left and he went back to his kitchen to finish cooking. You saw Kyle, Adley's young brother on his way over to the old Verbena's apartment as you left. Kyle gave you a wave of his hand in greeting before he knocked on Amadeus' door.

You got back to the garage, Ty and Miles where still talking as they waited for you, Devon was showing Ty one of his devices and the Akashic did not really look like he understood much about what the Etherite said bit he still paid attention.
"Did you get things done?"
Miles asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Beatrice nodded she took the glass of water.
"I will remind him Colin, poor kid hopefully he will be saved."
She muttered and headed into the bathroom to check on Kyle.
S7trif3 wrote:"I would appreciate that; I'm not sure if he wants me to see him in such a state or not." He gave a concerned look towards that bathroom.
Anja wrote:"Kyle idolize you Adley I suspect he...would like to appear strong in your eyes."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"To impress his older brother."
S7trif3 wrote:"I don't want to embarrass him, on top of him feeling upset. But let him know I am here and do not mind helping, I am close by..."
Anja wrote:"I will do so Adley, I am sure he will be fine."
Beatrice said and she headed into the bathroom to check on the younger mage.
Colin nodded and sighed softly, "Poor kid, I didn't mean to upset him that badly..."

Anja wrote:"That do not sound good, it is better to learn here then."
Anna said then she pointed at Adley.
"But Mr Rot Hicks are a teacher is he not, he teach people stuff so school have to do something."
He smiled wryly at Adley, "Yes, he is, but on a higher level. Where he teaches, people have to pay to study, so there's generally a bit more... dedication to academia in a university than in middle school. I suppose the teachers may still be a little overworked, but nowhere near the extent in public schools..."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"That is correct they can understand our language not often not the concepts behind them, but yes alien is the best way to describe Umbrooms, they are what they are and often unable to understand anything outside of their domains."
The Primus agreed with a nod.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded, "That's a good point. Guess that'll be another thing to put on the list of things to learn."
Anja wrote:"I find much joy in dealing with spirits child so yes it is something I recommend learning."
George said and smiled.
He nodded, "It's well worth it; a certain cooking spirit cheerfully tells me of exciting meals when we speak, and often gives me excellent recommendations - this morning, she suggested I make an extra serving of breakfast, and that turned out to come in handy, too."

Anja wrote:"I suspect it is the evidence that Anna can bring for the possibility of cleansing a Fallen soul that are the target and not the girl herself that would fit with the one we suspect are the culprit."
George agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"Now that really is interesting. She specifically chose the timelines she wanted to merge." Serge said with a curious look on his face but said no more, remembering the Primus's warning on talking to much in the presence of the spirit.
Anja wrote:"Yes she did, she gave me Quintessence from each so I could identify them and ordered me to merge the two time lines."
The spirit confirmed.
He frowned, "Ambitious bitch, isn't she?"

Anja wrote:"Yes and like I said we do not know how many changes that would do to time."
The Primus said.
"Or how much collateral damage it would cause."
He grimaced, "Trust me, 'too much' is the only accurate estimate you would need for that..."

Anja wrote:"I can not scry on her what I can do is find out where a spirit that attacked us come from no one can fault me for that but I can not try to scry on this person in general."
George said and frowned.
He arched an eyebrow, "Would it truly be illegal to scry on an unidentified enemy, when we don't have any information to positively identify her as, say, a person on whom it would be illegal for you to scry?"

Jeremy wrote:"Right. Didn't even cross my mind that he could be talking about leading us there through time." Serge said with a slight frown. "What if we asked him how long it would take, from this point right here, to get to the place where the women summoned her? Would that sort information help? We could estimate and narrow down the potential locations the sanctum could be in."
Anja wrote:"I suspect the reply would be nine hours and fifteen minutes backwards from what we see as now child. Remember this spirit do not understand space, to it there are no space, no length, no height, the only way it can understand movement is through time. Yes getting a reply to your question would help, but as the spirit don't move in space much...well I guess it is worth a try to ask it how long in space it would take to get from here to there."
S7trif3 wrote:"It depends...if it came through the umbra and through time, or was transported into the near umbra near us, such a thing might not help us outright. Traveling in the umbra takes on a different characteristic as navigating the umbra is via connections. We might ask how long it took for it to come here, but it could take us a different amount of time to get between the same places, even if we both were at walking speed to our understanding. It does make me wonder how it managed to get so close to us and poke through our defenses, so quickly though." He frowned a bit and then listened as Colin asked the spirit about its Name.
Anja wrote:"You would be three minutes and five seconds older if you went there though the Umbra."
The spirit said.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds if you drive in the physical world. Three hours, two minutes and four seconds if you walk."
The spirit offered.
He frowned, "A... Amicus? How long does it take for you to get to work in the morning?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Speaking of that..." he turned to the spirit and asked, "Were you given any instructions by this person who gave you the mission about what to do if you were summoned by others, that you can tell us about?"
Anja wrote:"I was ordered not to speak of a list of things, but I do not understand what is on the list, they make no sense to me."
The spirit said.
He pondered, "If you had a Name, as opposed to this horrid nameless state of being, would than be enough to circumvent the order against speaking of the list of things?"

Anja wrote:The spirit regarded you.
"The idea of being what I am not fill me with apprehension, but I would rather have a name and a purpose than to just wander aimlessly and be nothing but dust half created. I accept your offer Craftsman."
It said after a little pause to consider.
He nodded, then glanced to Adley, George and Serge, "Alright, gentlemen, before I make the offer, then, how do you feel about 'Karma' for a name? Or do you have better suggestions?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:20 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded and sighed softly, "Poor kid, I didn't mean to upset him that badly..."

"I know you did not Colin."
Beatrice said as she headed to the bathroom.

He smiled wryly at Adley, "Yes, he is, but on a higher level. Where he teaches, people have to pay to study, so there's generally a bit more... dedication to academia in a university than in middle school. I suppose the teachers may still be a little overworked, but nowhere near the extent in public schools..."

"I understand but would not someone need good education on the lower levels before they get to the higher ones? There are no point in having good higher education if you don't have good basics is there?"
Anna asked sounding confused.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "It's well worth it; a certain cooking spirit cheerfully tells me of exciting meals when we speak, and often gives me excellent recommendations - this morning, she suggested I make an extra serving of breakfast, and that turned out to come in handy, too."

"Well the being you speak of is a crafty one and a good friend if one treat her with respect."
George said and smiled.
"And a spirit you would think being very mundane can be surprisingly powerful and knowledgeable."

He frowned, "Ambitious bitch, isn't she?"

"I find it difficult to separate incarnate beings fro one another but I am pretty sure she is not a canine."
The spirit said and George had to give a chuckle even as he frowned.
"Yes that she is."
He said to you.

He grimaced, "Trust me, 'too much' is the only accurate estimate you would need for that..."

"Yes I am afraid that is the case."
The Primus said.
"Affecting the past in such a way always have to high a price on it. So it should only be used when any price is acceptable, and we are not there."

He arched an eyebrow, "Would it truly be illegal to scry on an unidentified enemy, when we don't have any information to positively identify her as, say, a person on whom it would be illegal for you to scry?"

"Hum...no not before I identified her as a person protected by the Code, then no it would not be illegal to scry on an unknown attacker."
George said after he had considered for a moment.

He frowned, "A... Amicus? How long does it take for you to get to work in the morning?"

In the morning there was usually traffic making the commute take longer but if Adley could drive without traffic getting in the way it would take about 20 mins to the university.

He pondered, "If you had a Name, as opposed to this horrid nameless state of being, would than be enough to circumvent the order against speaking of the list of things?"

"Yes I would be different, be another being. I am bound with my old name not a new one so I can speak the words but they have no meaning to me, I do not understand them."
The spirit said.

He nodded, then glanced to Adley, George and Serge, "Alright, gentlemen, before I make the offer, then, how do you feel about 'Karma' for a name? Or do you have better suggestions?"

"It depends do you mean Karma as in the original Hindu definition of the word or the more modern New Age one?"
George asked and glanced over at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:46 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I understand but would not someone need good education on the lower levels before they get to the higher ones? There are no point in having good higher education if you don't have good basics is there?"
Anna asked sounding confused.
Colin nodded, "True, and there are differences between public schools - not all are run down and overcrowded... That's one of those social inequalities I've mentioned; poorer districts tend to have fewer kids with the grades needed to get into higher education. It's a problem a lot of Sleepers are addressing, too."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"Well the being you speak of is a crafty one and a good friend if one treat her with respect."
George said and smiled.
"And a spirit you would think being very mundane can be surprisingly powerful and knowledgeable."
He nodded, "I've found that of the spirits I've conversed with, the ones with the commonest and broadest domains are the most powerful and knowledgeable."

Anja wrote:"I find it difficult to separate incarnate beings fro one another but I am pretty sure she is not a canine."
The spirit said and George had to give a chuckle even as he frowned.
"Yes that she is."
He said to you.
He bit back a chuckle, "I am sorry; that was an odd quirk of human languages; a double meaning."

Anja wrote:"Hum...no not before I identified her as a person protected by the Code, then no it would not be illegal to scry on an unknown attacker."
George said after he had considered for a moment.
He grinned, "Well, then..."

Anja wrote:"Yes I would be different, be another being. I am bound with my old name not a new one so I can speak the words but they have no meaning to me, I do not understand them."
The spirit said.
He smiled, "They might not have meaning to you, but they may very well have great significance to others."

Anja wrote:"It depends do you mean Karma as in the original Hindu definition of the word or the more modern New Age one?"
George asked and glanced over at you.
He grinned, "Linguistic drift is a wonderful thing at times - I would be referencing the modern, commonplace definition, of what goes around comes around."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "True, and there are differences between public schools - not all are run down and overcrowded... That's one of those social inequalities I've mentioned; poorer districts tend to have fewer kids with the grades needed to get into higher education. It's a problem a lot of Sleepers are addressing, too."

"That just don't sound fair now dos it?"
Anna said and frowned.
"Why should the poor get worse education than the rich, how then will they get better jobs and not be poor anymore?"
She asked and frowned.
"Perhaps it have to do with the decay the Nephandi try to cause dad?"

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "I've found that of the spirits I've conversed with, the ones with the commonest and broadest domains are the most powerful and knowledgeable."

"This is true and spirits like the one we talk about now who observe human beings often have an easier time conversing with us as well."
George agreed.

He bit back a chuckle, "I am sorry; that was an odd quirk of human languages; a double meaning."

"A double meaning, that sounds efficient but confusing."
The time spirit replied still sounding confused.

He grinned, "Well, then..."

"I will see what I can do when we are done here."
The old magus said and nodded.

He smiled, "They might not have meaning to you, but they may very well have great significance to others."

"In that case I will speak the words, it will take med one minute and three seconds to do so."
The time spirit agreed.

He grinned, "Linguistic drift is a wonderful thing at times - I would be referencing the modern, commonplace definition, of what goes around comes around."

"Yes that is true the meaning of words drifts which mean you have to have an intention for the name clear in mind...the question is what such a name would mean for our friend here and how dangerous it will make it."
The Primus said and nodded looking thoughtful.
"But if you think it will fit him then let it be so."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:00 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"I find much joy in dealing with spirits child so yes it is something I recommend learning."
George said and smiled.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "It's well worth it; a certain cooking spirit cheerfully tells me of exciting meals when we speak, and often gives me excellent recommendations - this morning, she suggested I make an extra serving of breakfast, and that turned out to come in handy, too."
Anja wrote:"Well the being you speak of is a crafty one and a good friend if one treat her with respect."
George said and smiled.

"It hasn't been very joyful for me so far. I end up just making them angry and getting nearly set on fire. Although I can't say it hasn't been fun. Perhaps with a bit of practice I'll get the hand of it." Serge said with a small grin.

Anja wrote:"Yes she did, she gave me Quintessence from each so I could identify them and ordered me to merge the two time lines."
The spirit confirmed.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Ambitious bitch, isn't she?"

"She certainly did her research..." Serge said thoughtfully.

Adley wrote:"It depends...if it came through the umbra and through time, or was transported into the near umbra near us, such a thing might not help us outright. Traveling in the umbra takes on a different characteristic as navigating the umbra is via connections. We might ask how long it took for it to come here, but it could take us a different amount of time to get between the same places, even if we both were at walking speed to our understanding. It does make me wonder how it managed to get so close to us and poke through our defenses, so quickly though." He frowned a bit and then listened as Colin asked the spirit about its Name.
Anja wrote:"I suspect the reply would be nine hours and fifteen minutes backwards from what we see as now child. Remember this spirit do not understand space, to it there are no space, no length, no height, the only way it can understand movement is through time. Yes getting a reply to your question would help, but as the spirit don't move in space much...well I guess it is worth a try to ask it how long in space it would take to get from here to there."

"Arg...I really liked that idea too. But yeah that's a good point. Although he did seem to have some form of understanding to how we view time linearly. Perhaps ask him how much older we would be if we were to travel to the location where he was summoned?"

Sighing a little, he looked at the spirit and said, "How long would it take for us to get from this point here to the location where you were summoned? Assuming we traveled in the physical realm as opposed to the Umbra."

Anja wrote:"You would be three minutes and five seconds older if you went there though the Umbra."
The spirit said.
The spirit offered.

"Is that to the location where the women summoned you?" Serge asked, a little confused as to what the spirit was referring too.

Colin wrote:He nodded, then glanced to Adley, George and Serge, "Alright, gentlemen, before I make the offer, then, how do you feel about 'Karma' for a name? Or do you have better suggestions?"
Anja wrote:"Yes that is true the meaning of words drifts which mean you have to have an intention for the name clear in mind...the question is what such a name would mean for our friend here and how dangerous it will make it."
The Primus said and nodded looking thoughtful.
"But if you think it will fit him then let it be so."

"Karma works for me. Short, sweet and simple. Plus I bet it would turn him into a cool spirit of fate. Also all the other names I can think of are too long and would likely make him a monster."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"It hasn't been very joyful for me so far. I end up just making them angry and getting nearly set on fire. Although I can't say it hasn't been fun. Perhaps with a bit of practice I'll get the hand of it." Serge said with a small grin.

"You need to learn how to communicate with them young one, remember a jovial gesture here is a grievous insult in Korea so you need to know the rules and get used to the way spirits think."
George said.
"Remember they are not human and never have been."

"She certainly did her research..." Serge said thoughtfully.

"Yes I did not assume her to undertake a working to merge two time lines on a whim."
The Primus said.
"Likely she have prepared for months for this."

"Arg...I really liked that idea too. But yeah that's a good point. Although he did seem to have some form of understanding to how we view time linearly. Perhaps ask him how much older we would be if we were to travel to the location where he was summoned?"

Sighing a little, he looked at the spirit and said, "How long would it take for us to get from this point here to the location where you were summoned? Assuming we traveled in the physical realm as opposed to the Umbra."

"It is a question worth asking."
The Primus said. The spirit looked at you though it's strange form did not really have eyes as it replied.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds by car, Three hours two minutes and four seconds if you walk though the exact time vary from day to day."
The Umbrood replied.

"Is that to the location where the women summoned you?" Serge asked, a little confused as to what the spirit was referring too.

"What is a location?"
The umbrood asked sounding confused.

"Karma works for me. Short, sweet and simple. Plus I bet it would turn him into a cool spirit of fate. Also all the other names I can think of are too long and would likely make him a monster...or a guardian."

"Well fate would be another part of reality, it would still likely be a spirit of time but it might be a spirit of old grudges and retribution on the guilty."
George replied at he regarded the strange spirit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next